Speaker 1: Hey, you found the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Finally, it's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Actually, thanks for being here, Hose. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: And hey, just a reminder, if you want to endure or punish yourself for forty five more minutes, we've got a full show.
Speaker 1: I dare you to try it at the Brook and Jeffrey Feed. But for now, we'll get into some questionable relationship advice.
Speaker 2: Second date of date, Well, this happens every once in a while, but sometimes before call, I need to warn my co hosts. Please do not get too excited. Okay, do not make any sensual sounds. Don't pretext your husbands that you're not coming home today, because we have a guy on the phone for a second date with an accent. Put the phone.
Speaker 1: I just I just need to tell him.
Speaker 2: The phone away.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to be.
Speaker 2: We're going to be home on our listener's name is Charles. Charles. Now that my co hosts are braced for it, let's hear your voice. Hello, masters and bangs.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: All right, so welcome to the show, Charles. And I'm apologizing ahead of time here, but.
Speaker 4: It's totally okay. I mean, I get it all the time here.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Well, it must be hard life that you live here.
Speaker 2: Before we get into your day, Charles, your email says that you travel around a bit, so apparently it doesn't make it easy for you to meet people.
Speaker 4: Is that right? Honestly, it's very difficult because you know, six months of the year I'm over here and then six months I'm back home in England, and it really makes it hard to make any kind of real connection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be hard, I mean in either place, because like, what are you going to do, like hang out with somebody for a couple months and be like, we're going to do long distance for six months.
Speaker 2: That sounds terrible, That sounds kind of nice, would be good?
Speaker 4: Yeah and off.
Speaker 2: But you know, if it's hard to meet people, charge how did you meet the person that you want us to call today?
Speaker 4: So I actually met us through a friend and my friend was like, listen, I have this friend who's recently single, and you know I was a bit skeptical.
Speaker 1: Wait you met her?
Speaker 3: You you met her here or you met her back in England. I'm sorry because we can't make international calls. Our station doesn't have the budget for that.
Speaker 2: I literally don't have the money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's here, It's all.
Speaker 2: Right, okay.
Speaker 1: And so you were kind of hesitant, you said, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, who wouldn't be you know, recently single that normally sets off the alarm, that doesn't it obund Yeah, so let's just say that once she started tohwing me pictures on a phone, those apprehensions kind of went away.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she was hot enough that you were willing to be her rebound if.
Speaker 4: Well when you put it that way.
Speaker 2: But yeah, can we touch a name to this person that you saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her name's Melanie.
Speaker 1: Melanie okay, so did you ask her out?
Speaker 4: So it was kind of like a mutual thing. We decided to meet up at the local pub.
Speaker 1: We call that a bar around here.
Speaker 4: So we went to the pub, we had a few drinks, we got to know each other of having a nice little conversation.
Speaker 1: What did you think about the chemistry between you two?
Speaker 4: I mean I thought went really well, to be honest, because you know, as soon as she started talking to me, she was just like, oh my god, I love your accent.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, thank you so much. I never hear that.
Speaker 1: That's funny. What did you guys connect over a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of everything, to be honest, I mean, we played darts, We played a bit of snooker, a bit of what.
Speaker 1: Oh is that? Is that like a different type of pool game or something.
Speaker 4: Snooker is the British version of pool.
Speaker 2: Where you put them in your mouth.
Speaker 1: I think that's your version.
Speaker 2: You don't have to explain the rules to us. But that sounds like a good time everywhere.
Speaker 4: So at one point she let me know that she's actually a model.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm an accent and a model?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? How did she drop that? I always wonder how people work that into a comps.
Speaker 2: Was it in her bio or was she really a model because she.
Speaker 3: Never saw a bio because they were hold yeah, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: She she just kind of, you know, we're talking about what we do, and she mentioned that she was a model, and so I think anyone would do this in the situation. I was like, Oh, do you have any modeling pictures?
Speaker 2: And she just showed you your Instagram.
Speaker 4: No, she actually pulled up about these professional looking photo shoots in a gallery.
Speaker 2: Sounds to me like Charles is getting a little randy.
Speaker 3: It sounds to me like I can see why she turned down a guy with an accent.
Speaker 1: She has a lot of options.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 2: Things end that.
Speaker 4: Night, after a few drinks and after a few laughs, I walked out to a car. I think, you know, I was kind of hoping for, you know, a little goodbye kiss at snoker after I was game of snooker, yeah, version, and and I was shot down. Shall we say I got the side hug?
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea why she might have turned you down?
Speaker 4: I mean, the only thing I can think of is that when she showed me the modeling pictures, I booth. I'll be honest, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a flattering reaction.
Speaker 5: She won.
Speaker 4: I would have thought.
Speaker 3: So maybe you just never gave her a compliment. Did you remember to pick your jaw up and like say something afterwards?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I let her know that she was absolutely gorgeous both in person, and I even said she was better in person.
Speaker 2: The word you are just dashing. Maybe it sounds better when he says, yeah, probably said the word dashing.
Speaker 4: Dashing?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it is pretty good. Why is Jose's pants off?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We're going to go to work for you, Charles. Right here, we're going to play a song come Back, and we're gonna call Melanie for you, and we're going to figure out why she is not calling back. The most charming British bloke we have ever spoken to all this show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Cheerio, Harry Styles, Jude Law, Ronald Weasley.
Speaker 2: What do they all have in common?
Speaker 1: Tell us?
Speaker 2: Besides the fact that Lexus's DM feet picks to all of them. They're all from England, But none of those blokes compared to the British charmer who reached out to us for help today with a second date named Charles ron was from Hoggard.
Speaker 1: But they're in English. Yeah, they're definitely in English.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now Charles spends time on both continents, but recently he got set up with a woman over here, a model named Melanie.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it must be so hard to Charles.
Speaker 2: Melanie is recently single, she's so exciting. After their night out at the pub, Melanie is now acting like a royal bee, which stands for because she's ghosting. What it stands in our book, it.
Speaker 1: Does even in what do you call it? Royal English? What do we call his English.
Speaker 2: English English, Yes, thank you, And the whole point of this call is to try and reach out to the Royal b to see if we can reconnect them. Brooke, Okay, before we call Melanie, do you have any last thoughts or lewd comments that you would like to heard that Charles.
Speaker 3: I mean, Charles, you actually really liked Melanie, right, not just because she was super hot, like you want a relationship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean she like an absolutely that she's calling you a loose man, Charles. Wow, our Charles would never brother.
Speaker 1: I would trust me. I do not look down on the loose part of anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of excited for you. I think that you can get this back.
Speaker 4: I mean I really hope so, because it is really difficult to meet people, if I'm honest, right.
Speaker 1: Especially hot models. It's difficult for anyone to.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a little bit intimidated to call her, but we're gonna get it. I'm nervous, but here we go. I'm gonna dial Melanie and we're going to get your second date up date right now. Helen, this is going to be a tough one, is this Melanie?
Speaker 5: Yes, this is she.
Speaker 2: You can do this Jeff, Hey, Melanie, what's up? We'll call him from a radio show called Broken Jeffrey one morning.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: There show here, I'm Jeff, there's everybody else, but I got you. The whole thing is, we're calling on behalf of one of our listeners who went on a date with you recently, and you're not talking to him afterwards, and he doesn't really know why.
Speaker 5: I feel bad. Can you specifically say a person's name?
Speaker 2: Does that mean you're going out with a lot of guys right now?
Speaker 6: She is?
Speaker 3: We know you just got out of a relationship you were set up by your friend.
Speaker 5: Oh the British guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, Charles is the one that's trying to get a hold of you, but apparently you're not talking to him anymo. And he doesn't understand why.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was a little disappointed in our date. I felt you were a little mithletic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, was he not like as cute as you thought he was going to be or something?
Speaker 5: I mean, I was told that he was a professional athlete, so I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Wait, what were you were told that he was a what?
Speaker 5: A professional athlete?
Speaker 1: Well? Is he not? Because we never asked him if he was. I don't. We have no idea.
Speaker 2: It makes sense six months in and out it's a season.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I was assuming he played football, you know, soccer, soccer, Okay, I mean, this guy's a professional dart player dart.
Speaker 3: Is that a bad thing though, when you say that it's bad for him to be a professional dart player.
Speaker 5: I just expected someone tall and athletic and not like a normal guy that plays darts at a bar. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I.
Speaker 5: Just feels like, if it's not in the Olympics, it's not a sport. I don't know.
Speaker 2: He wasn't like.
Speaker 3: I mean, so that was a disappointment to you, definitely, and you couldn't get over it.
Speaker 5: Like as much as I really really like Tom Holland, I just wasn't expecting Tom Hollandia.
Speaker 3: Loves Tom Holland, and look how awesome she is.
Speaker 1: Zendia.
Speaker 2: You can try and sound young all you want, bro, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying, Melanie, like, you could be that cute couple.
Speaker 3: You could be her the Zendia Zendia Zenda to the Tom Holland.
Speaker 2: Let's get off of Tom Holland and Zenda and let's focus on guys who cares.
Speaker 1: I'm to sell him.
Speaker 2: Well, that was the perfect chance to have that conversation with him, because Charles is actually on the other line listening right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, here.
Speaker 4: Charles, there, Hi, Melanie, Hello him.
Speaker 5: It's a little awkward.
Speaker 4: I have to just correct you on something. I am a professional athlete where I'm from. Dots Is It's renowned. It takes focus, it takes desterity, it takes athleticism. Do you have to be a top tier human being to be this good at dots I mean, I'm the top player in all of England, dude.
Speaker 1: So like people in England know your name.
Speaker 4: I get stopped in the street when I walk through London.
Speaker 2: Wow. People on Sports Center like they're huge in England, but that they come out here, no one knows who the heck they are, Melanie. Does that make up for his lack of biceps and apps?
Speaker 5: I mean I never said anything about him the high steps.
Speaker 2: Are because they weren't there. But he sounds like like everybody knows him that he's a pretty big deal over in England.
Speaker 4: You mentioned that darts isn't on the Olympics. Not yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so the whole.
Speaker 4: Movement there, but that's not the point over here, I am dominating the competition.
Speaker 2: Soon he's going to be posing like half naked in a Calvin Klein ad. I'm sure, well not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just doesn't sound like you believe me. Melanie and I make a lot of money.
Speaker 3: You are upset that she It just sounds like you're trying to prove to her that you are of the caliber that she was expecting. Like you're not insulted that she may be looking for more surface things.
Speaker 4: Well, like I didn't question her about being a model. I didn't say, hey, you're a model, get up there on the catwalk, give us a twelve yeah, face value. I'm saying here, you know, I am an athlete, maybe not the one she envisioned, but I don't need to prove myself to have to have my profession just kind of pushed aside. You know, it's it's a little insulting.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Does it sound a little bit like tiny Tim wants another bowl of porridge?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't even know if that means, but I do feel bad that he feels disrespected. So I do apologize, but my picture of a professional athlete is definitely different than you know where you are as a dark player.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes the best things in life come in a small package.
Speaker 2: That's not a great phrase to say over here.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of fun KNOWINGI and then, and to be honest, I kind of want to continue that.
Speaker 2: Well, you can continue it on our bill, because we will pay for the next date. You guys, go on. If you both agree, Melanie.
Speaker 5: Someone's going to try. This's hard to get my attention by the radio to call me. I gotta give you a If he is a professional athlete, I think maybe he should be able to pay for the date, right.
Speaker 2: I thought you didn't care about the money.
Speaker 1: I mean even rich people like free things.
Speaker 5: I mean, I shouldn't have to do that. Pisa, who makes so much money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he probably doesn't have a gift card to the cheesecake factory. We'll toss one in there.
Speaker 4: I don't think I know about the cheesecake factory. Is that? Is that something I should.
Speaker 2: That's gonna blow your freaking nickers off?
Speaker 1: That all awakening.
Speaker 3: It's broking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Then after that, I think we all deserve to get knighted.
Speaker 1: Is that what happens when you help an English person?
Speaker 3: Alexis You know, I've never been knighted, so you've only been dumped by an English.
Speaker 2: Person for a call from Buckingham Palace. For telling this British guy about the cheesecake factor. You know, the second he goes in there, he's gonna eat a few slices and immediately lose his accent. Yeah, he's gonna blame us for it.
Speaker 1: I love this was.
Speaker 2: I'm still impressed with us.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he wasn't more upset with her. Dudes are so shallow too. He was totally fine that she only wanted him for his money.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's still fishy to me that once he mentioned while I'm the number one play in England.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they will travel each other. Yeah, I mean they both know what they're getting into.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm still impressed. I'm taking it as a British person and a really beautiful person.
Speaker 1: They always need help, And if you.
Speaker 2: Need help right now, you can always email us. We'll call the person who isn't calling you back.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning names,