Speaker 1: I'm Tamika D.
Speaker 2: Mallory and its your boy my Son in general.
Speaker 1: We are your host of Tami.
Speaker 3: Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, motivation and Inspiration, New.
Speaker 1: Name, New Energy. What's up my son Lennon?
Speaker 3: Listen, you know we're back getting into doing what we do, the TMI Show, the number one podcast in the world. Get in tune, you better get in tune.
Speaker 4: Listen for I have folks asking how they can subscribe.
Speaker 1: Sub subscribe to the podcast.
Speaker 4: I want to make sure y'all do that the information is available, is in the caption, it is available on screen. I want to make sure that you all ensure ensure that you are subscribed so you can listen to the whole podcast, the whole show, not just clips on social media, but also when you subscribe, it helps us to grow so that we can truly be the number one.
Speaker 1: Podcast, Amber one podcast.
Speaker 4: Right, We're just having to actualize. Yeah, So please make sure you download wherever, wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 1: You want to download. You want to be a subscriber.
Speaker 4: You want to make sure that if you are, you know if your thing is I want to support I want to get the information and share it make sure you subscribe to TMI. It is so important so that we can show these folks that our people are supporting us, and then we could keep.
Speaker 2: Our number ones.
Speaker 1: But our number one, number one, number one.
Speaker 4: Speaking of support, today, I am rocking my black owned brand. Uh. This is our brother applies this trucker hat and the name of his brand is King Circle. So if you're sitting here right now like, oh yeah, damn, I love this hat, you should go and get love. But there are others. They have freedom, they have different words quotes on them.
Speaker 1: It is his trucker hat. You know.
Speaker 4: Plauz is known for his truck of hats. He's also becoming increasingly known for his political dialogue and his political understanding and the political gems that he has been dropping on socials. You know, I think it comes a time in everyone's life. Doesn't matter who you are, if you in tune what's going on in the world. You could be an entertainer, you could be a stripper, you could be a baker, you could be a teacher or whatever. But if you have a platform, you become responsible for educating yourself. And then at the point that you feel you're properly educated, you should do what you.
Speaker 1: Can to make sure that truth is in the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: I love it, I love applause. Does is what we call entertainment. You know, it's education and it's entertainment. We should try to get Plaza.
Speaker 1: Say.
Speaker 4: He sent me all the flavors, several colors of these hats, and so I've been rocking him.
Speaker 1: And today I was like, oh, let me throw this on.
Speaker 2: Yeh.
Speaker 3: Shut off the flies and stole a couple from me because it's about ten of them. So I took one of two of them. Yeah, to support, to support none beloved, make sure you.
Speaker 2: Send me a little kid package. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But we love you, plies.
Speaker 4: Keep doing what you're doing. It's making a different I wrote a comment on his page. They tore me up, but you know, I said, you know when it became a preacher the man on there saying he hit the specific thing, and.
Speaker 1: I saw you reshared it.
Speaker 4: Uh. The specific thing he said was that they do all these things to us, right like they banned the books. They hurt us and harm us in so many ways I can't remember, but he had a list of all the things that folks are doing to us elected officials and otherwise they talked about us, They treat us like nothing.
Speaker 1: And then they turn around and sit back while we fight one another.
Speaker 4: We love fighting each other, but when it comes time to fight the powers that be, we're not always that good. Sometimes we are, most times we are, but we could do better. We could do better, and we could spend a little less time fighting each other, fighting one another, tearing one another down, and put a lot more of our energy and pushing back against the system and the things that we claim we want to see change.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think I think that that comes with growth. A lot of us don't even understand that we've been trained to fight against each other in these situation and it keeps us distracted, right, you know, and we're not really focusing on the real issues. You know, some people are some people. But I realized what I do say and we say this all the time, old skin folk and kin folk, and the reality is a lot of people are intentionally misinforming us.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right there, Like I just put I.
Speaker 3: Posted something from the Riza and it was talking about but you know, growing up in the hood, it was always the five percent. And you know, I used to listen, and I just started to get in tune with mathematics, and he broke down what mathematics was, and he was talking about and they always talked about the five percent, the five percent nation, and I just used to hear it, and I just thought they was cool and they knew all the big words, and they knew about the atmosphere and the sun and all these things.
Speaker 2: So I like that.
Speaker 3: But when I was really listening to what he said, it's what I feel like I'm experiencing right now. And he said, the five percent of the people who have the knowledge and understand what's going on, and they're righteous, they want to give the people the knowledge, they want to help people. They do it out of the kindness of their heart. Then there's ten percent of people who have the knowledge, but they utilize it to game and scam people. Right, they know all of the things, and they know how to say the good words, and they know how to utilize you because they want to benefit off you. They want to play on you. And then the rest of the eighty five people just don't who don't know you. As a five percenter, you're fighting against the ten percent, and it's more of them than you, and then you're fighting to try to educate and help the eighty five.
Speaker 2: So your fight is really ninety five.
Speaker 3: You're fighting against ninety five percent of people because a lot of the people don't know what they're being misinformed, right, and.
Speaker 1: A lot of Harriet said I I could have freed a few more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially so.
Speaker 1: They say Harriet said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I believe she said because it makes sense to say, because I definitely believe that. And she said that I should have shot some of you niggas, And I believe she said that too, because a lot of these people, unfortunately, we got to get rid of them because they're going to they're going to be to the detriment of us.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I agree with you, So again shout out to our brother flies. My thought of the day today. The last two months, I have spent a lot of time trying to just eat, be, see, live, support black businesses, small businesses, and you know, and not just anybody small businesses, pretty much our businesses. And my thought of the day is asking a person like me, a person who has a platform, how do we critique black businesses?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: How do we and let me, well, I do guess how it has to be done because we have to make sure that we call our people to our greatst self right. And you know, I think about last year, I ordered a coke from Macage. I was out of town for a few days. When I got back, the coke came, like you know, it arrived early. They give you, I don't know, exit whatever days.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let's just say ten days. Probably it's more than that to make any alterations, changes or whatever, especially to get a refund. I didn't want to refund. I thought it was three days. In fact, when I posted about this, I thought I was three days late, but once they went through my transaction with me, I was actually two days late. To get an exchange. I did not want. This was a fourteen hundred dollars coade. I did not want a refund. I just wanted the smaller size because it was too big. Now I know for a fact, no matter which business you're in, even with policies, policies are meant to be altered, broken changed, depending on grass depending on how much you are, how you're depending on your customer service acumen, and how much you want to satisfy and please the customer. Make sure the customer experience is good, especially when someone someone is not coming to you. I believe that if you request a refund outside of thirty days, fourteen days, ten days, whatever the time period is, you should not be allowed to get a refund because that is a business model that you cannot.
Speaker 2: Want to keep. We just want to make sure you're not just getting your money exactly.
Speaker 1: You can't be coming back whatever.
Speaker 4: It's just I think that's true. But if someone says, hey, you know, I just had a little situation. I was out of town. I'm just back. I saw it arrived early. I would like to just get the smaller sides, and you have the smaller size sitting there with you. There's no way that a business should not say, let me make sure I get this to you so that when someone sees you looking good and your smaller size, they can go say to oh, yeah, of course, and I tell you that customer service was amazing.
Speaker 1: They took care of me. Of course.
Speaker 4: There were some people in my This went on for days and days, and it was a huge dialogue in my comments section where people were like, oh, well, whether it was some people it was very very rare, but there was a few that were like you know. They was like, hey, you didn't make the timeline and that's it, and you got You know, I'm a stickler for the rules.
Speaker 1: The rules are the listen.
Speaker 4: Rules are broken in this world every single day. And there is no such thing as a good customer customer service process that does not have room for flexibility so that you can accommodate, you.
Speaker 2: Know, because nobody wants. Nobody wants.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to be with a company where you're spending a bunch of money that isn't willing to try to accompany.
Speaker 1: And it's not just.
Speaker 4: So I put it on social media, people started tagging them, which I didn't even ask for foksed to tag them. I just basically said, this is what I went through. So I'm just letting y'all know when y'all go to buy something from this particular company, you need to know what will happen. And of course people start tagging them. And then they contacted me, which is a whole different thing, and they sent this this small They told me they wouldn't send the biggest size until I sent I mean the smallest size until I sent the code. I did that, they got it back. They issued me the new coat.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: It was a simple thing.
Speaker 4: But you know, unfortunately the exposure them being embarrassed.
Speaker 3: But that's what it comes down, well, the fact that you have proximity to a level of.
Speaker 1: I had actually follows, you know what I'm saying, because.
Speaker 3: If you was just a regular individual, then it wouldn't happen.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes sometimes it does because no, especially on X normally, Oh yeah, sometimes it does. Sometimes just tagging a business in general will get you a response, even if you have two followers.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I've yes, it works for people.
Speaker 4: It doesn't work all the time, and you might not get the type of response that you would when you have a platform. But it does not matter if you use your social media and you just tag a business, especially a business that they really monitor social media see some of them they don't, and so when they start getting hundreds of people tagging, and then that's when it's like oh, red alert, red alert. But if they're if they are a business like a Verizon. I remember when I did not have a lot of followers at all and I tagged Verizon about something and they were on my line. But I will say a part of it is also who's running your customer service, who's running your business, who's handling your your you know, your back office. Because I bet you that there was some senior level person who's not involved in the mundane day to day operations of the macas shipping and handling, who learned about it because somebody probably said, Hey, I need to flag for you. There's a big conversation about us going on on a person's page that has over a million followers. And then they probably said, what like this tour to get the cold for the girl? Like, what are we doing now? It brings me to my point. I spent I've been spending a lot of time. I'm going to the restaurants, I'm doing the things because I realized that, you know, I am slightly bougie. I'm not going to you know, I'm bougetto very much so, and I do go to places, eat places, and go to places where I feel like I'm gonna get the best, the quality customer service, the best experience. I do do that, so I have to constantly challenge myself.
Speaker 1: That is a part of growth.
Speaker 4: I have to check myself and say, yo, have you supported enough black businesses this week? And I literally will count like actually supporting our people mixing it in. We have got to do better as black business owners. Okay, restaurants with dirty dishes, you know, customer service issues, people's sucking teeth. They it ain't got oh lord, they didn't have no hot sauce at a restaurant last week, a black owned restaurant with fried chicken. And I was with some older, older, older women and they lost it. They lost it what And they said they were gonna go out and report it and say it. And I had to stop them, stop and say, we can't do that. And that's the question that I have today as a person with influence right here, I am.
Speaker 1: I have all of these follows.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I find dirty dishes in the big brand in the big restaurants too. Let me just make sure to say that I'm just saying that over the last several weeks that I've been out, I've seen it a few times in our spots, you know. And it's not just dishes, it's other things again, it's people's attitudes. It's the response, the customer service time, the way people are shout out to miss blame Miami. This is somebody who when I've reached out to them with some issues with some clothes that they sent and I wanted to make some changes.
Speaker 1: They was on it.
Speaker 4: They emailing you back day and night. We have to upgrade the ways in which some people will say here, tell me, well, it's the resources. We don't have the resources. Man, Your attitude has nothing to do with the resources. If I tell you I'm gonna be at your restaurant with a party of twenty at six o'clock and at six forty five you still cleaning the bar and getting the situation together, we got to do better. And I've I respect the fact that we do need a lot more grace, that we need to be more understanding of the situation, and that we also have to be very careful about how we expose our own people in the type of harm that we could bring to a business that is employing our folks, and that's a staple in our community. I get that, But I also feel a way about me putting my money down and I'm trying to have parties and events and bring people into these spaces. And here I am bringing my resources, my time, my attention, and then when things go wrong or when people give me attitude or they act like they don't feel like being bothered when I'm telling them, Hey, this glass, I can feel food on it, I can see lip marks, like I don't want to eat behind the person who had this glass before me. I don't think that's fair. I don't think that anybody should have to pay for that. You're not giving me anything free. But here I am finding myself not willing to or not wanting to go out there and say anything about it because I'm trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 1: But then where is the reciprocation of that.
Speaker 4: But especially in the service world, it has to get better. It has to because as we encourage people to patronize our businesses. You know, my mama is who she don't play, So you take her somewhere.
Speaker 1: She looking around. She want to see what's going on.
Speaker 4: She wants to make sure that it's a place that it lives up to the standard. And no, I do not feel that just because you're black or anything else, or Latino or whatever, that I should be okay.
Speaker 1: With getting subpar service. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And now with that said, brings me to my music spotlight.
Speaker 3: In this time of music, where they celebrate people killing and drilling and spinning and they got the blick and all that and they're killing everybody.
Speaker 2: We want to highlight some positive music, and today's.
Speaker 3: Highlight is a song that I found on Instagram that I hope it's going viral. I've got thousands of comments on people seem to love the song. It's called the Honor Roll and it's about five or six kids on there, and they talk about positivity, about how they own the Honor Roll and how they got a's and how they're being celebrated for doing good stuff in school. Ain't nobody killed and it has the same energy as the drill music and get up. Please support these young kids. They're on my page, but it's pretty much going viral. You can go. You can find it anywhere. I think it started on TikTok the Boss that Daddy and this is why I first seen it. I found it on Lovely seven three two nine. That's that I've seen it Lovely, but it's on my page. Yeah, you can find it there, but just go support those because we do not support positivity in that type of energy and those young kids, like they got young kids that's ten and nine out here. With guns and videos somewhere they're gonna shoot it, they're gonna have sex, all type of ship.
Speaker 1: But get support. They literally got a lot of comment.
Speaker 2: They get a lot of support.
Speaker 3: They got record deal like, they're signed by big artists who are actually in the videos with them while they talked this kind of nonsense. So shout out to these young kids who did something positive. They still dripped up and they still risen up. It's not corny, it's not outdated, it's not you know, something that's just positive. So we just say, oh, we just want to celebrate positive. I don't I don't want that. I want good music, I want quality messages, I want I want good visuals. I want things that can actually compete with the culture right now. I want you to make positive music that's actually dope. And these kids did that, So shout them out.
Speaker 1: That's what's up.
Speaker 2: That's what's up.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, let's get into our guests. So you know, for the last five months, we've been heavily engaged in the conversation around what's happened in to the Palestinian people in Gaza. We have been calling for or a ceasefire, which we will continue to do. We've taken a very, very what I believe will be historic position that some people have, you know, certainly found fault with us in that, but I know that we're standing on the right side of history. And one of the things that has continued to be a part of the dialogue is the issue around Haiti and other places, the Congo and so many places where.
Speaker 1: People of super dark skin.
Speaker 4: Are also experiencing genocide and or you know, extreme poverty, extreme depression, oppression and suppression. And folks have been saying, why haven't you know, why aren't you talking about these things? And of course violence, And they said, you know, why aren't you talking about these things?
Speaker 1: I don't think that that it is.
Speaker 4: You know it well, certainly, I know that it's not a lack of care, but sometimes a lack of information. I know I'm learning a lot about the Congo. And the reason why I can speak so well, the reason why we can speak so well to what is happening to the Palestinian people, is because we've actually walked the grounds. We've been there, we visited Palestine, we visited Israel, and we understand the issue. We understand the occupation. We are very clear about what has taken place there because we were there firsthand, and in the Congos specifically, we have not been there, and so it is a process of learning and trying to bring people credible information, credible messengers, and I think today we have a very credible messenger who's joining us to talk about Haiti.
Speaker 1: Now. I have visited Haiti. Have you been Haiti?
Speaker 2: Been?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: So I visited Haiti.
Speaker 4: I went not very long after the earthquake, along with doctor Ron Daniels and a number of individuals from African Americans who went there to do very important work to bring of course resources, we helped with the school there. Several schools also went to feed the community and to be one among the people and to learn the history. And so this is an issue that I've already been tapped in on. I understand so much about the people of Haiti and what they have experienced. And so when again talking about credible messengers, I'm excited, delighted to bring on the show today to Tami, a young woman who I found on Instagram. In fact, I made a comment on someone else's page, on Teslin's page, Teslan Figaro, I made a comment there. Yeah, absolutely, and you know one day, she said, is anybody.
Speaker 1: Paying attention to what's happening in Haiti?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Do we care?
Speaker 4: And I wrote that I'm watching images and learning and this whole world just drives me crazy. It's just too many things going on at one time. And someone said, if you want to learn more, you should go to this young woman's page, and I went there and for the day, for the night, you know me, I was up. I was watching videos, I was listening to her commentary, and I found her to be an outstanding advocate, not just for the people of Kti, but also for us as black people, even here in America. And so I'm excited to bring our guests. I reached out. She reached right back. She said, let's get it on, let's talk about it. And so today let me introduce to some and allow others to be reacquainted.
Speaker 1: If you're already following her.
Speaker 4: Doctor Bertrude Albert, doctor okay PhD. Bertrude Albert, who is the CEO and co founder of P four H Global, And during her undergraduate agree she and another young lady she was went to University of Florida, Miss Priscilla Zeala. I hope that is an appropriate way, but I'm sure she zeleyah zeleah Okay. They co founded pH four Global, which was formerly Projects for Haiti, and they had traveled to Haiti separately on several occasions and realized it realized that they shared an unwavering passion for the Haitian people, and so they decided to start this organization that she's gonna tell us all about. Thank you so much for joining TMI today, I'm saying, doctor Albert, but I think it's okay for us to call you Bertrude.
Speaker 5: Yes, definitely, Bertrude. D.
Speaker 7: I am so honored and so thankful to be here with you. You know, a special shout out to you all, because with things going on in Haiti, I've been getting like a lot of requests from a lot of stations international and global stations to speak. And my fear has been that people will just take soundbites that sensationalize Haiti, that make things seem like they're not that don't really get to the root of the problem. But when I went and checked out t M, I'm sorry and I able to learn about the work that you all are doing and exposing and speaking truth. I said, this is a platform DM I this is a platform that I need to partner with, that I want to be with. So thank you for this invitation, Thank you for allowing me to be here and speak my truth, our truth today.
Speaker 3: Thank you well, thank you for being here. And I just love the energy. You know what I'm saying, nothing, You have a beautiful spirit and energy that's welcoming. So we want to thank you for being here. I just want to know, give us a little bit about yourself. Just tell us a little bit about yourself, your studies, how you got to what we are today.
Speaker 7: So I was born in Haiti, but then when I was a baby, I came to the United States. And it's interesting growing up in South Florida as a Haitian American. I received there was a lot of bullying for Haitians in South South Florida, sorry South Florida, and so it was definitely a challenging time. Actually growing up, I kind of hid the fact that I was Haitian. I wasn't really truly proud of my heritage and where I came from because I didn't know who I was. All I knew was darkness, devastation, poverty. But then when I went to college, when I went to the University of Florida, Go Gators. When I went to college and I learned that my people were the first free black republic in the world. When I learned that my people created the first nation to permanently abolish slavery in the Transatlantic slave trade. When I learned that Haiti was the first nation established in Latin America and the Caribbean. Haiti was the second nation established in the Western Hemisphere. When I learned these hidden gems, these hidden glories of my nation, I said, what have I been ashamed of?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: From that moment forward, I knew that the rest of my life would be spent towards seeing my country rise. And so, I mean, since college up until now until my dying breath, I am going to continue to fight not only for but also for uh Tika.
Speaker 5: As you mentioned, the black race.
Speaker 7: I'm just fight for black freedom, liberation because we are much more than this narrative that that just controls us and suffocates us. We will rise and have victory. I could go on for years, but I'm gonna stop there.
Speaker 1: No, I was with you, I was, I mean, you heated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know when I hear you talk about the University of Florida, and I think about what is happening in Florida right now, the attacks against DEI in educational institutions UH, and just attacks against black history in general and attacks against black people. It is very interesting and I think a very big example you are setting here of why it is important for the education system to at least touch on touch upon the history of all people, all people, because that is where you get a sense of self. So imagine if that information was not presented to you in college and then you went through life continuing to sort of hide and diminish where you come from. And so when we talk about those political those bands and these political assertions, it is very, very dangerous.
Speaker 1: What would you say about.
Speaker 7: That history carries an important part of our identity, and when we are rewriting history, when we're hiding parts of like how gruesome and disgusting slavery was, how detrimental slavery is, and how slavery still has an impact on American society today on former colonies like Haiti. When we're hiding these truths, we are impacting the psychology the minds of young black people. We're not allowing them to realize how powerful, how great, how strong they are. We're not allowing them to realize that there are systems and structures that are in place that hold them back institutionalized racism, that we're not allowing them to truly understand the context. And as we do that, the self worth begins to diminish. We begin to really blame ourselves for certain things that are happening in this world. And so I am an advot. I am a passionate advocate for history, retelling history, ensuring that the narrative isn't one that supports white supremacy and that perpetuates these ideas of white supremacy, but one that shows the beauty of the black race, black people.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: So just trying to get to understand is a lot of people who, like Tamika said, aren't informed. They don't know what's going on in Haiti, they don't know the history, they don't know anything. So right now, what's going on in Haiti, and try to give us a little bit.
Speaker 7: Of the history so as we know, like Haiti is dominating global headlines, TV, social media, radio, podcast, Haiti is dominating the news. Actually, I'm really surprised because there are so many experts on Haiti now, people that probably can't even pinpoint ten different cities on the Haitian map. And yet everybody on TikTok, everybody on Instagram has become an expert in speaking so floritatively about something most people don't truly understand. Yes, we are seeing gang violence. Yes, we are seeing a state of emergency in our capital, which it is not the Republic of Quota Puts. Our capital is Quota Puns. It is not the Republic of Quota Punts. It's the Republic of Haiti. Haiti is much more than just the capital city, all of Haiti, like where I work in the north and where I live half of the year in the north, we're definitely being impacted by what's happening.
Speaker 5: However, the burning.
Speaker 7: Tires and the insecurity and the gang violence, it's not widespread throughout the entire nation. It's really happening in the ca capital. But as we're looking at what's happening in the capitol, we're looking at gang violence.
Speaker 5: We're looking at.
Speaker 7: Gangs exerting control and force in Haiti. It's much more than that. This is not a crisis of gang violence. This is a crisis of US imperialism. This is a fight for the sovereignty of Haiti, This is a fight for national autonomy. This is a fight for Haiti to rise up. And I'm gonna go in history a bit for us to truly understand why this is. We're just looking at symptoms of a much larger problem than when we're looking at the gang violence. And certainly we'll go into history to see that. But at face value, when we look at these gangs, we have to ask ourselves, where are these gangs getting munition from? Where are they getting the guns from? Because Haiti doesn't produce these guns and these ammunition. Where are they getting And not only that, but who stands to profit.
Speaker 5: At the at the at the.
Speaker 7: Cost of so many Haitian lives. Who stands to profit at the cost of the capital being held hostage? I will tell you our capital is being held hostage because our nation is being held hostage by the US government. But let's let's dig deeper. Right now, in Haiti, gangs are affiliated, they are supported, they are funded by political by political parties. One political party right now, uh the one, the ruling political party. They actually have power and they have a puppet government that has been put into place by the US government, maybe more specific aliel Angri, who is he still is the current prime minister of hate. He says that he'll step down, but he hasn't officially stepped down. Aliel Angri was put into power by the US government with one simple tweet. When the Haitian president died, Jovan Nella Moisi died in July twenty twenty one, we had a prime minister. But with one simple tweet of the US representatives they said that they support a yell Anri, and all of Haiti is like, what are you talking about? He was not He's an illegitimate prime minister. He was not put into power or voted in. He was not legitimized by any legitimate Haitian board. It was the United States that put him into power, propped him up there. And so as we look at that for thirty long months, the Haitian people really had this anger and this frustration with al yel Unri, not just because he was incompetent, which he certainly was, but they were upset because he represented US imperialism. It was the United States who put this man into power, who propped him up because he would protect American interests.
Speaker 1: Now, let's pause right there.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's just be clear for those people who are listening, because I watched one of the spokespersons from the Biden administration try to skip over the question when asked you know several times, did you you know, does the White House claim responsibility for this man taking leadership over Haiti? And he kept trying to, like, you know, skirt around it and dance that No, that's not the case. You know, we want to make sure that Haiti is sovereign and whole and da da da da da. But the White House, we know them. We've worked with them for a long time. I've worked with them, probably longer than both of you, So I know them very well. Nothing that they do is without thought and process. So they don't tweet just on a humble They don't speak about you by accident. If you might get in a room by accident, you might, but they will correct it very qui And so to try to ignore the US role in having this man to take an occupancy of Haiti's government and become the leader, you can't separate the two.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I hear you saying.
Speaker 7: That's exactly, that's exactly right. There is this this this stance that the US government takes. It's like no Haitian problems come from Haiti, and Haiti must lead and we have always been supporting democracy. And I mean it truly is a form of gas lighting because you don't have to search far to see that Ali al Ali with one tweet was put into power by the US government. And so again we're out of place. And one might ask, okay, be help me understand this. How does that connect to gang activity? Let me let me draw the direct connection. Aliel and his party have direct connections support activity. In fact, one of the leaders of one of the gangs, Barbecues is what they they they call him. He's gone on in interviews referring to Aliel ari and how Aliel ARII gave him the power, gave him the resources, but now he's fighting to oust all yell Anui because of corruption. And so historically, political parties in Haiti have funded gangs in order to protect their interests, in order to make sure that things go their certain way. But it's so interesting to see how the US props up a government and that government props up gangs. So familiar symptom of a larger, larger problem.
Speaker 3: We understand, you just gave us a brilliant summarization of exactly what's going on right now, but we know that it didn't just start here.
Speaker 2: So where did this whole situation start.
Speaker 7: What we're seeing right now is a fight for Haiti's sovereignty.
Speaker 6: And in that same fight, when Haiti declared independence, when Haiti said, we are a free, independent nation run by black, a black republic.
Speaker 7: So in eighteen oh four, Haiti overthrows our colonial power, the first and only nation to be formed because of a successful slave revolt. And when Haiti did this, Haiti became a threat to the world economy because slavery fueled the economic growth of nations like the United States, like France, and so this very existence of a black republic made the United States need to intervene, need to undermine the sovereignty and the independence and the freedom of this nation because if there is this free black republic, they might inspire slaver volts in the United States because the US still had slavery in eighteen oh four. And so Haiti declares independence and the US responds by isolating Haiti. So destabilization through isolation. The United States did not recognize Haiti as an independent sovereign nation until eighteen sixty two, nearly sixty years after Haiti's independence. And so again, like it's like flashbacks, it's the same fight. Recognize this as a nation, Recognize our autonomy, Recognize that blacks can run a nation, that we can be a sovereign nation run by black people. And there was a refusal to recognize our nation. And even in eighteen sixty two when the United States officially diplomatically recognized Haiti as a as a sovereign nation, that was only really just on paper, and that was only really just for the sake of saying we were going to send an ambassador to Haiti.
Speaker 6: We continue to fight, be nice to have our independence recognized.
Speaker 7: For example, nineteen fifteen to nineteen thirty four, the US invaded and occupied Haiti. And in the occupation there is death, there is destruction, there is robbery. In fact, a lot of people don't know. To start off, to launch the US occupation of Haiti, the US Marines went into Haiti's national bank and they took they completely robbed Haiti's gold reserve. They took that gold reserve and they brought it to New York for safe keeping, but that gold never returned back to Haiti. In fact, that gold was used to establish City Group, the most well known and popular financial institutions in the United States. New York Times did a big article about that. Vlad from CBS recently was speaking about that there has been a constant invasion meddling control of Haiti over the years. But then we fast forward. If you want to have a direct connection to us undermining destabilizing Haiti, we've got to look at two thousand and four. Pay In two thousand and four, there was President Ali Stid. Regardless of where a Haitian stands on the political spectrum, whether they love him or hate him, Ali Steed was the first democratically elected president in Haiti, and the United States had problems with Ali Steed. He had been ousted before and then he was brought to power in two thousand and four. You had problems with him because Ali Steed went to the UN.
Speaker 5: He went to the.
Speaker 6: Probably fighting for paying that France.
Speaker 7: You made us pay the equivalent of twenty one billion dollars for our freedom when we gained freedom in eighteen oh four, you then in eighteen twenty five forced us to pay what is now billions of dollars. You must pay us the money back because it was illegitimate and it was illegal, and so I used having this power and having this voice. He presented a threat to the United States and to France, because if Haiti can demand for reparations, what about the other former colonies, what about black people in America, We then too can demand reparation. And so there are New York Times does an incredible job outlining how I used. Seed demands this money, and then the US orchestrates an overthrowing of his government. In fact, a former French ambassador comes and he reveals, yes, the US in France they destabilized Haitian, the Haitian government. They undermined haiti sovereignty by overthrowing the government. And then not only did they overthrow the government, but then in two thousand and four, that same year they created what is called the Core Group. And there's a lot of research on Core Group. I encourage anybody that's listening.
Speaker 1: The core Group.
Speaker 7: The core Group, it's like the secret of politics in Haiti. So the core Group, it is an informal group that's made up of international diplomats that come from United States, Canada, uh France. Already there's a problem like what So this core group is in Haiti and this formal organization, maybe the advice and Haiti really established democracy in Haiti. But the reality is it's not about advice, it's not about helping guide. The core group is the instrument that is used in Haiti in order to select the president, in order to select the leaders of Haiti. In fact, the core group is the one that set the tweet we support Alian he is going to be the next prime minister. So the creation of the core group a lot of a lot of scholars and they're looking and they're dissecting this idea of the core group. They say that this core group is what controls politics in Haiti, and politics is what gives birth to gangs in Haiti. Again, I hope that I'm making these connections that we appreciated.
Speaker 1: It's important.
Speaker 4: Well we know, I mean America has also helped to back the gangs in the US. Forget about all the other places around the world. But we understand what it looks like for our government to destabilize communities, to destabilize so many things in terms of our race, us as a people, our communities, and we just think about the black panthers. Right, Let's think about anything even in our civil rights movement, anything that has happened that has been about the betterment of black people or people of African descent. The United States government, and we can go from president to president to president and from administration to administration, has had some role in the destabilization of those things because there has to be a as we always say, in order for there to be a top, there has to be a bottom. And when you think about capitalism and how all of this is driven by capitalism, it is very difficult to maintain that without having a certain power structure.
Speaker 1: And I would venture to say even.
Speaker 4: Further that a part of ensuring the destabilization of people of African descent means that you keep us uneducated and unwilling and unable to fight, because we are the biggest, best, baddest, most organized fighters against any type of injustice in this world's history, based upon how we got here and the struggles that it took for us to birth where we are today.
Speaker 1: So you're you're right on it.
Speaker 4: I mean, in my judgment, so we don't want to.
Speaker 1: We don't want I mean, there's so much more.
Speaker 4: And I hope that what people get from this is that they begin to not just follow you, but that they begin to do their research of eighteen o four to understand the connection and how and how Haiti has continued to be And these are not my words, but it is to give a description the bastard child of the world. They are pissed off with Haiti for daring to stand up to Europeans. And I want you to talk about the reparations that Haiti has been paying out of the there the bank in Haiti has been paying the oppressor pay I don't know if it's still happening now, but paying its colonizer. I mean, this this thing is, it's deep, you know, so I want to hear about that. But I hope that people will not just stop at a podcast, but that they will actually do the you know, do their work, their their recal because my son, well, I'll say that I'll save it for after because we don't want to put our politics on virtue.
Speaker 1: So go ahead, Burt.
Speaker 4: We talk about the reparations, which I don't even know how. I mean that word is it is literal right. Like people think about reparations, they're thinking about us as African people being paid for our story. But there was an actual reparation's payment to the colonizers, which was France by the Haitian government.
Speaker 7: Let's go back in time eighteen oh four, gain our independence. The US doesn't recognize Haiti, but it's not just the US. The entire world doesn't recognize Haiti. And this is difficult for Haiti in several terms, like not having diplomatic relations. That impacting being able to shift, that impacts the growth of the nation. So Haiti is really fighting to be recognized by these world powers. Finally, in eighteen twenty five, underneath Haitian President Boye France comes to Haiti and says says to Haiti, we will recognize you. However, you will pay one hundred and fifty million francs, which later gets decreased to ninety million francs.
Speaker 5: But you will pay us.
Speaker 7: One hundred and fifty million francs in order to repay us for our lost property. And part of the lost property were our black bodies, like black people.
Speaker 5: You understand, you say, I want to saying.
Speaker 7: It's the wildest most absurd request, and some ask why in the world did Haiti even agree to it. There's I could take hours to really dissect why Haiti go agrees. I mean, gunboats were being sent to Haiti, there was threat for another invasion, and Haiti had just won this thirteen year revolution. Didn't want to go into another revolution. Not only that, this idea of reparation, it didn't just start when why was there actually started with another president Pitts you on. So there's a lot going on to why Haiti actually caved into this pressure. But Haiti agrees to pay one hundred and fifty million francs, it gets decreased to ninety million francs. Haiti did not finish paying France back until nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 1: Forty seven.
Speaker 7: Let me say that again, nineteen forty seven. And here's where the US government and I say this. I know, I don't owe this explanation. I think that the United States has so many opportunities for immigrants like myself, so many opportunities for people, but US foreign policy historically just chokes nations, nations that look like me. US foreign policy needs to be dissected, and so this is not a I hate America type of speech. This is a let's take a look at what the United States is doing, what the US government is doing, and let's expose it because it's evil.
Speaker 5: So let's go back this. How is the.
Speaker 7: United States connected to France? Because it was Frances that forced Haiti to pay this this one hundred and fifty million francs, which goes down to ninety million francs, the equivalent of twenty one billion dollars. Which side note, it's not even just about the.
Speaker 5: Twenty one billion dollars that is important.
Speaker 7: But when you take Haiti's money like this, you take money that we can be investing in roads, in education, we can be investing in the very fabric of our nation. But then you rob us of the opportunity to grow. Oh it makes me so mad and then flourish.
Speaker 1: I mean, they say say poverty.
Speaker 2: The poverty is violence, you know, and rebellion is the voice of the press.
Speaker 3: And it's like to not to not understand why gangs exist in different nations, especially nations who have been, you know, dealing with what Haiti has dealing with just all around this nation and not and see this is what they call the resistance. This you know it's there's no there's no group of people that should be comfortable and happy to be starving, to be crucified, to be living in below humane conditions. There's nowhere in the world that should happen. So I just want to know, like, what, what is the future? What do you What is the future of Haiti for you?
Speaker 2: What do you? What do you see? What do we want to see? What do we believe? It should be?
Speaker 5: Freedom?
Speaker 7: The future of Haiti is freedom and uh and I'll get deep into what I mean by that, but like with everything in me, I believe that as far as times may be and as as as tight as the US's grip on Haiti's neck, is freedom. We're destined freedom. In eighteen o four are our ancestors. They prove that we can do the impossible. When all odds are against us, We're able to come together and overthrow it. Where there is oppression, there will be rebellion, there will be a revolt, there will be victory. Freedom, I believe is our future. And what does that mean? Freedom from imperial powers, specifically the United States and Haiti. We will reach today where Haitians will lead Haiti. It's crazy that It's as simple as that. It's not even the biggest ask. It's like just the recognition of our humanity, giving us the dignity and the honor that we deserve as as a black nation, allow us to lead ourselves stop meddling inside of Haitian affairs. And I believe that that's going to be happening through social media. Man, I'm I'm inspired when I think a lean through s I need be some of these Haitian heroes. But I know that today we have more power than our ancestors did because we have their story to inspire us. But in addition to that, we have social media. We're able to expose what the US is doing. We're able to expose with these with these Western powers are able to do are doing in the United States. And as we speak about it more like what you all are doing. As we shine light and allow Black America and black people around the globe and even our allies to be aware of what's going on. We exposed and we bring light. Freedom is our future.
Speaker 4: Well, please tell us Virtue as you leave, doctor Albert, what does P four H Global do and how can people support your work?
Speaker 5: So T for H Global, we.
Speaker 7: Are training teachers to transform Haiti. Our main goal is education because at the end of the day, this crisis we're seeing Haiti, it's going to go away. We'll have other another crisis come in the future, but this current crisis is going to go away.
Speaker 5: What we are going to need is.
Speaker 7: A strong educational system that develops Haitians, Haitian leaders for the twenty first century, Haitian leaders that can really take child Ouraiti leaders that have critical thinking, that have collaboration, Haitian leaders that are able to lead Haitien to break into that we have And so I believe, not just me, the research shows that quality education is the prerequisite to the development of any nation. And so even before this crisis, I have been in the business of improving the quality of education in Haiti. Sixty percent of Haitian students pop out before they finish elementary school, and I want to make that statistic obsolete. Six out of ten drop out before finishing elementary school. Not with my not my people, because knowledge is power. But I want to leave our people with the power so that we can destroy the system like we destroyed the system of slavery. So again we do teacher training, a lot of organizations in Haiti. They go, you know, they build schools. Haiti doesn't have a lack of schools, an abundance of schools. The quality of the schools is what is the problem. You could build thirty million schools, but if students are dropping out, why have these these schools? So I have a team of about fifty full time trainers and we work in all ten of hades departments. We travel to these schools. We coach the teachers, coach the directors, coach the school inspectors. We walk alongside of them to see the improvement of students. You could actually, let's see this picture right here up there of a student actually snap this photo right there. So my goal is improving the quality of education so that we can secure Haiti's right future.
Speaker 1: How do we support you?
Speaker 7: If people can follow our journey. We're on Instagram, We're on Facebook. Certainly follow our journey and share our story. Not just our story, but the story of other organizations like on Safe White Season organization.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 7: U n D these organizations that are investing in education. I think that there needs to be more focused on education after this crisis. Let's ensure that our educational system is really really strong, so support us by sharing our story, following along on the journey. Of course, financial support is always needed for a nonprofit, especially during these times. People are leaving Haiti left and right, and people that would have donated have Haiti fatigued left and right.
Speaker 5: So supporting us financially is a really built.
Speaker 7: So again, social media financially supporting us. But then the third and probably more important, most important way to support work is help expose what's happening in Haiti. Continue to talk about US imperialism and Haiti, because when we solve this problem of US imperialism and meddling in Haiti, it enables my work to go along a bit easier. Right now, the five Departments of the South, we can't travel and work with our schools. Many of our schools are shut down. We can't work with our teachers, my work. It's almost as if like you've got chains on our hands and we can't work towards the development of Haiti because of this crisis. If we can solve this crisis and expose what's happening, you give me freedom to fight for the freedom of my people.
Speaker 3: I know we could just go on and on about this because you seem so well versed and knowledgeable and passionate, you know, and I agree with you. Their freedom is definitely the ultimate, you know, space for Haiti, and I believe we'll get there. We're dealing with so many different things in this nation right now and everyone is just trying to figure out what we can do, you know, and I just want to thank you for doing your part.
Speaker 2: You know, the way that.
Speaker 3: You inform on social media and utilize the platform. I know that you know they're probably trying to shadow band you and you get all of those type of things because our pages have been shadowed. Band for just just speaking truth to power, but continue to be that, like, continue to speak truth to power even though you know you're passionate about your people and about what's going on, and Haiti, there's still this glow that you have right you speak passionate, but it is not anger, and a lot of people would be overtaken with angers, which while we have gangs and you see the fighting and all that, but just to seeing someone with the energy that you have, it just it inspires me to continue on and want to know what's going on and want to contribute to the fight. So continue doing what.
Speaker 4: You do, Doctor Bertrude Albert, thank you so much, and we want to continue to uplift P for H Global. You continue doing your work. As my son has said, thank you for coming on. And anytime that you need us to share a thing, say a thing, say the things you don't think you can say, because we are already in trouble everywhere all the time, So let us be your mouthpiece, let us be your foot soldiers to get the work done.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you all so much. Thank you for this time. Thank you for the space My soul needed this conversation with you too today.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for joining T and I. I like doctor Albert.
Speaker 2: I love her energy.
Speaker 3: She has amazing energy, like speak even speaking about something she's passionate about and you know it's painful. She still has just a joyous demeanor and energy.
Speaker 4: But she's also very educated. And you know, as she was speaking, I was thinking to myself. As a young person growing up in New York and Harlem specifically, I met a lot of Haitians.
Speaker 1: They went to.
Speaker 4: Catholic school and I don't know one that is not brilliant, like highly educated. You know that you know they spend a lot of time, and I think it is a part of Caribbean culture in general to ensure that you are like more educated than any and everybody else so that you can shine and sort of I guess, you know, fight fight back against these narratives, these these negative stereotypes. And I think that's a you know, you can see that in her that her parents were like, you are going to learn if nothing else, uh, And I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that about her.
Speaker 4: I want us to continue to work with her and to support what she's doing because Haiti, when I was there, it is a very challenging space to.
Speaker 1: Maneuver for a lot of different reasons. Of course the.
Speaker 4: Politics, the corruption, and of course the poverty. And then also it has sort of thinking about us. You know, we've been talking so much about the film Origin. It has its own cast system, right, and so it's difficult to navigate. But one thing I learned while I was there is that of all the issues, I mean, they were just out of a devastating earthquake, but what I noticed is that every day, no matter what, no matter where they live, no matter how depressing the communities, we cried. You know, it was so heartbreaking because even before the earthquake, they still had these horrific challenges. The kids would be dressed beautifully on their way to school, all hair done, barets, pretty baretts, looking good, haircuts, clean, neat, and it's almost impossible, Like I don't know, and you know, I'm a clean freak one hundred percent, but I don't know how clean I could be if I was living in a situation where I'm pretty much having because of again all of the infrastructure issues, having to wash outside, like having to literally wash clothes in the basin. You know, that's really literally how some communities are living.
Speaker 1: And to see them get those kids shirts pressed.
Speaker 4: Get in to school every morning looking perfect, pristine, pristine.
Speaker 1: And that said a lot to me about the culture.
Speaker 4: Again going back to my point about education, that that is something that they don't play. The dignity is incredible, and I think that's what we sense coming from Virtrue, that this.
Speaker 2: Is a lot of pride.
Speaker 3: I have Haitian friends in Men, a lot of Haitian people, and they have like a lot of pride. You know, I don't know if they've all been brilliant, like you know, like Kodak is a little crazy.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: There might be levels of brilliant. There's levels because you look at the.
Speaker 3: Level of talent, so there is brilliant and a lot of times people just play a role because they understand it's entertainment.
Speaker 4: And also your trauma the issue trus can suppress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we have those things, but overall, you know, never being too Haiti. But there are a lot of representation of Haitians that are positive, like and knowing that they come from situations like that.
Speaker 2: You know. But this is where they call shithole countries, right.
Speaker 1: This is what Donald Trump called the Trump that's.
Speaker 4: Trump, It's the bastard nation of the world, right, the bastard child of the world, because they want to sun it and treat it different in other and not give it the proper resources.
Speaker 1: And then people keep talking about gangs. We first of all, who else they're gonna fight.
Speaker 4: It's not like the people that they're angry with American government, our fall foreign policy, UH directors and all the people who work there. They're not walking around the streets of Haiti. So it's not like they could.
Speaker 3: Go I don't understand why people don't understand the reality of gangs.
Speaker 2: Right. Gangs are formed out of desperation. Right.
Speaker 3: Gangs are formed out of lack of unity, out of lack of resources, out of lack of opportunities. Gangs form inside of impoverished communities because people need to belong, they need to have resources. They align with other people who are trying to get something that somehow appeal to the need for unity, right, because that they lack those things inside their community. You don't see gangs outside and outside of impoverished communities where we're looking at exactly. But the mobls came from were These were people that came from Italy poor, right, and they've seen all the rest of the nationalities excelling, and they came here and figured out we we got to click up together because we're the outcast here.
Speaker 2: People don't give us anything.
Speaker 3: They look down upon us, and they created their own finances, they created their own ecosystem. And that's what that's the only thing that happened with gangs when you have to create your own way to survive, when you have to protect yourself, when you know that we're the only people that come from our country over here, and people are we're the outcast and you know, and we have to create something.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it comes from violence. Like we say, poverty is violence.
Speaker 3: And most of these every gang without the nation, if you look at the if you look at the inception of every gang in this world.
Speaker 2: It starts with poverty.
Speaker 1: So it's sort of like.
Speaker 3: It is, you know, it always starts with priety. We look at the bloods and crypt in America, right, it started as the answer to police violence in the communities.
Speaker 2: They started. They originally started because they is.
Speaker 1: That poverty or is it oppression?
Speaker 3: It's both, because poverty is all of those things. They're all into change. Like when you only see oppressed oppression with poverty exists, you can't oppress people that have the resources to do whatever they want. My I don't get it of today. It's something that you know, I've been on social media. You know, I've been in a hood pretty much my whole life, and we grew up with this narrative, right, it's just free my mans, Free my mans, treat my mans. And as I get older, and especially I look on social media, I see this growing trend with people who are doing heinous and egregious things, people that are doing things that should go against the average quote unquote real dude's moral compass, right, and they're saying free him and free him, And I'm like, why are we saying free somebody that we know stab the girl or shot a girl, or did this and that or harm the older person who robbed old people? Like, why are we advocating that there's no accountability in our communities for people that are really detrimental to the communities. That's not because I understand and even though I don't agree with, I understand certain things that go on on our communities. There is you know, the streets, and when you sign up for the streets, you and that person that deal in the streets, you gotta deal with what comes with that. But when you start, you know, you start harming civilians, and you start doing things that's really detrimental to the community, to the community, and you go against things that we all should stand against as a man, and everybody's screaming free him, and you don't want no level of accountability? Yeah, support your man, right, Go give him, put something on his books, go visit them, have conversations with him, help him to be rehabilitated, help him grow, you know, and hopefully when he re enters society after he's held accountable. You know what I'm saying, he can move properly. But I just I no longer subscribe that we should be just yelling free him to everybody that's locked up. I just don't subscribe to that no more. You know, And I don't know, and I don't know why us as And I think it's just about us growing. I think as you grow and you start really paying attention to certain shit, it's just like, nah, I understand, like I love him, it's my man, but he did some shit that he got to be held accountable for, and hopefully, you know, him taking that accountability, he gonna make it home safe, and he gonna come out and he's gonna be a better person because he's held accountable for certain.
Speaker 1: Shit, well outside of rape.
Speaker 4: And you know, of course murder, even in those two instances.
Speaker 1: I believe that prison should be abolished.
Speaker 2: So you don't think he should lock a rapist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, But I still believe that they are that could be done from childhood to address behaviors, especially family trauma and other things that if again, if we weren't spending our money on everything and doing any and everything else, fattening people's pockets and dealing with other stuff that has nothing to do with the actual strength and success and health of our people.
Speaker 1: We might be able to.
Speaker 4: Get in front of individuals mental whatever they have going on that causes rape and other things. Right, so we don't focus enough on mental health in this country. Working within the current system, if you rape a person, especially a child, anybody, Yes, certainly I believe you should be held accountable. You murder people, you should be held accountable.
Speaker 1: All of that. I'm not I wouldn't say no.
Speaker 4: I do think the system has to change because I think there's much more preventative, many more preventative measures that could be used.
Speaker 1: So that's one.
Speaker 4: But I also know and unders stand deeply that part of the problem is our desire to fight the system, not the people.
Speaker 1: So really.
Speaker 3: It's not even a desire to fight the system at this point, just it's just to me, I believe it's just celebrating bad behavior. I don't I don't see it as yoa system.
Speaker 4: Is this and that, because right well, I don't know if people are able to or even conscious of the way to articulate it. But the issue is that it comes from a mindset that the police locked them up. The courts are bad, the jails are terrible, the system is bad. And so when people start saying free my man, they're not always considering the actions of the individual, but more so saying out of this, you know, freedom from the system. That's what I hope, because I see people do it, and I'm sure I have I'm sure that you know I have done that in the past. It says I want to free my family member. But my new posture with my family members is it he's soul crack, or if he killed people, or if he was involved in illegal activity, don't call me, right not to say, don't call me to write a letter or send commissary to your point, but don't be calling me.
Speaker 1: Telling me, yo, man, they got man down.
Speaker 2: And that's what it is for me.
Speaker 3: It's just like I just think, as we get growth and you understand that their consequences and ramifications for actions, and and I no longer want to just celebrate and incentivize bad behavior and stupidity, right And because that's what's happening. A lot of these young kids who are engaging in this violence, they're seeing the celebration of the people, right, they're seeing such and search go to jail for murder, and everybody's saying free him. And it seems like he's way more famous than he was in the street. Right that you get you get this this level of notoriety for for being notorious, and it's like it's not it's not conducive to the you know, the evolution of culture and for young people. So at this point, for me, like I just don't get it, you know, and I think we gotta we gotta pay close attention at the message that we're sending these kids because they are watching and just know, just listening to what they believe it's protocol in the streets, and what they believe is should be celebrated, how they believe they should move, and how they how they really grasp this information and they got it from this culture.
Speaker 2: It's really crazy to me.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, damn, we're really doing these babies at this service, you know.
Speaker 2: For me, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I'm very proud of the work you've been doing, specifically of the boycott Black Murder work. We have so many people pouring into that aspect of what we do, and you really carry that on your back.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate it, and you know, I just want to say thank you for allowing me and having faith and believing in the abilities that I had to offer to this movement and to our culture, and giving me the confidence, you know, because I didn't always feel as confident about what it is that I didn't believe I belonged in certain rooms. I didn't believe that I knew the stuff. And you know, sometimes I go and I'm doing this work and we lose a child, you know, we lose a young man, We somebody actually got killed that I was just with that. I was trying to, you know, help renavigate, redirect rather to a different direction, and it didn't work.
Speaker 2: So it's always a process.
Speaker 1: But it's a give and take.
Speaker 3: That brings us to the end of another wonderful episode of Tea My the number one podcast in the world to make my sons information, truth, motivation and inspiration. We want to think, I would guess doctor Bertrude Albert, the wonderful She's amazing staying tune was going on in Haiti. Pay attention. It's a lot going on in this world. We gonna always be right and We're not gonna always be wrong to me, it's gonna be wrong way more than my song is, but we will both always and I mean always, be authentic.
Speaker 2: That's so.
Speaker 4: Check out the video version of TMO every single Wednesday on Iwoman dot TV.
Speaker 1: That's how