Speaker 1: Oh boy, I'll say this. We got a good walk in today. We walked three miles with a stop at waffle House and halfway between Right so Wed and then some I put it into Noom. Yeah that was a thousand calorie breakfast.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm not surprised that it's more. It should be more. Yeah, you were honest about the amount of butter that was in.
Speaker 1: To be fair, Yeah, I did not measure out the butter or whipped spread as it was actually mean.
Speaker 2: Whipped spread golden flavored topping.
Speaker 1: We watched a video last night of some British guys going to waffle House for the first time and we said, man, when we get up tomorrow, we should walk to waffle House. And we did. We actually did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it was very good.
Speaker 2: That's not for me to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just every most of my organs are just giving me a very stern look right now. You know what were you thinking? Well, I had to take a nasal's breaks. It's springtime in Georgia, which means just trees. I got tackled by some dogwood trees and they held me down. It's a stuffed pollen up my nose.
Speaker 2: That's real. Yeah, that's real. When people talk about violence in the city, that's what they're talking about exactly.
Speaker 1: Nature's violence, tree on man violence. I'm telling you, when it comes to this kind of violence, we have got to get down to the root of the problem. Oh God, we've you know, we've tried this. We've tried that. We really need to branch out.
Speaker 2: Will you please leave this punt alone? Oh it's too much for me.
Speaker 1: I'll try, but don't bark at me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I didn't like that one. That one doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you like to provide a better suggestion?
Speaker 2: I quit?
Speaker 1: It sounds like you did not sign on to begin with. Quit.
Speaker 2: It was a trial period.
Speaker 1: Look, you're half dead. I'll say it.
Speaker 2: I am half dead.
Speaker 1: I apologize if we're a month out basically from the Atlanta Fringe Festival. Regular listeners know that that's Diana's artistic baby, Yeah, which is going into its eleventh year. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow? Right wow? Started by this one, right, Diana right here and her cohort of equally insane friends who decided, I'm, single handedly, without a penny to my name, gonna bring a performance festival to the city of Atlanta with groups from all over the country and the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's going great. It's gonna be really really awesome this year. But I definitely am like, my brain is not with me.
Speaker 1: She's dead, basically a walking husk of a human, very tired. I'll wake up. I usually wake up a little before you, and I'll like go into the bathroom and I'll come out a few minutes later, and you're in bed and you're on your phone answering emails, and I'm like, God, God, wake up first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably should. I definitely should not like at my phone first thing.
Speaker 1: For the amount of work that you put into this festival, we should be like Elon musk rich By.
Speaker 2: Now, well we all know work doesn't lead to well, necessarily.
Speaker 1: A nonprofit arts sector.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember you had a friend that learned I had a nonprofit. It was like, oh yeah, five oh one see me make Money. And I was like, no, where is the Where's that I'd like to know about that?
Speaker 1: Because she is a business guy. And that was their nickname for a nonprofit, which is a five oh one C three. He called it five o one see Me make Money. Because you know a lot of business people do use nonprofits to profit.
Speaker 2: It's just like a tax shelter.
Speaker 1: We're using one for its intended purposes, like a fool, like a like some kind of idiot, like contributing to the culture of the state and the nation.
Speaker 3: I know, more that's for rich people to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do feel I owe our listeners an apology because we've been very inconsistent in our episode uploading the past couple of weeks. And it's all my faults, it really is. It's just that I've not had time to think about our episodes. Your eli's been trying to.
Speaker 1: Keep up on it all, right, right, you are putting a little too much on yourself here. There is a lot going on. We have been struggling to keep up, but I think we're back on track now, which is exciting. We got Shippe Pooh out yesterday and today we're here for this episode. We figured we'd kind of launch into something that's pretty fun. Y'all have asked for more of these episodes. Yeah, pretty consistent, which is great for us because you know, we're not doing a book report here. We can just kind of surf the web and find some funny stuff to read, which obviously really enjoy doing.
Speaker 2: Plus we get to judge people.
Speaker 1: Plus we get to judge people.
Speaker 2: It's pretty great.
Speaker 1: We don't spend a lot of time doing that.
Speaker 2: We try, you know, try not to. Yeah, but now this is all about being Jesgie is all about being judge.
Speaker 1: That's true. Look, today we're going to dive into the worst place in the world Internet, social media once.
Speaker 2: Again, the RESTful place we all visit before, bitch, Yes exactly.
Speaker 1: We got a little Twitter, we got a lot of Reddit. We dug up some of the most ridiculous posts that we could find that had to do with anything that our show has to do with, right sex, love, romance, all in the ridiculous category. So we're gonna read through some of those, talk about them, read some of the comments, which you should never do. Of course, comments are the worst. Comments are truly the sewer system of the Internet. Today, we're going to get into a lot of that. We're gonna read some current events, we are going to look at some nightmarish wedding stories, and we will go through a few of those delightful Reddit posts. Am I the asshole? Oh? Where? Honestly, sometimes just the act of asking makes it very clear that you are in fact the asshole.
Speaker 2: The answer is in the question.
Speaker 1: Yes, So let's log in, check our karma and get to some doom scrolling.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Hey, their friends come listen. Well, Eli and Diana got.
Speaker 3: Some stories to tell. There's no matchmaking a romantic tips.
Speaker 2: It's just about ridiculous relationship I love. There might be any type of person at all, an abstract concept or a concrete wall. But if there's a story, we're the second glance. We'll put it in a show, Ridiculous Romance, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The first thing I want to talk about today just happened this week. I'm sure y'all have heard about it, unless you've been living on under a rock.
Speaker 2: We had a listener reach out with it.
Speaker 1: As we did, Sean Branson sent us a message about this as literally as I was typing it into the dock. It was the exact same time. So thank you Sean for my mind.
Speaker 2: Are you he.
Speaker 1: Well? This is about that fabulous composer Tschaikovsky. We should do an episode on one day, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, we should. He's also a listener's suggestion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is not actually about him. This was at the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra concert on Friday, April twenty eighth. The orchestra was playing Tchaikowsky's Fifth Symphony when during a brief rest in the music during the second movement, a woman burst into a moan that attendees are calling a loud, powerful orgasm right there in her seat during the concert. Pretty intense. In fact, I have it here, so let's uh, let's take a listen. No, I got it. It kind of sounds like a pterodactyl was released into the theater to me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's on a rip, some duct tape off her legs.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know. This was at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, which is a good I love this building. Have you seen this building? We jo by it. It looks to me like one of those cartoons where there's a band playing inside and the whole house is like bouncing and moving. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: There has a lot of movement to it. It's very cool.
Speaker 1: One witness to this occurrence told the La Times quote, I saw the girl after it happened, and I assumed that she had an orgasm because she was heavily breathing and her partner was smiling and looking at her like in an effort not to shame her. It was quite beautiful. Oh, which just nice. That's lovely, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, absolutely, I mean And also I mean if I was playing in this orchestra, I'd be like, wow, look what I did today. The strings are vibrating. It's just the right capacity. There was another attendee, Magnus Fine, who is a famous composer and the brother of Raye Fine, and tweeted that it was a quote loud and full body orgasm and that the band politely carried on the show must go on.
Speaker 1: Magniez.
Speaker 2: He said he quote was in close proximity, and he and other friends who attended all just you know, came to the same conclusion that this is what happened. She had an orgasm to Tchaikovsky. There are a lot of people suggesting that possibly there was some kind of remote control vibrator game going on with her partner.
Speaker 1: Perhaps sure, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where she had one of them rolled discreet toys, you know, in her in her pants and he was pressing the button.
Speaker 1: There's even sound controlled remote vibrators, right kidding. Yeah, So theoretically she's got one of those and the music gets intense and boom.
Speaker 2: He's like, I know, just when I know just the movement to get the movement.
Speaker 1: That second movement of Tchaikovsky's She Loves Decision.
Speaker 2: She says, full body tangles every time. So let us add to this outrageous and she will experience, which.
Speaker 1: I does if I mean, again, we're totally in speculation station right that that is what happened. But let's let's suppose that it did. I'll say there's a borderline thing there where there's a bit of exhibitionism where it I don't think it's great to involve unwilling participants in whatever it is you're doing sexually. So you know, discretion is one thing. And maybe she just could not help but alert everyone else. But that's kind of the risk you run if you're playing that kind of game. And I don't know that she was a lot of people actually push back against this orgasm thing. They think that it might have actually been some kind of medical emergency or like she was having an episode coming out of a sleep paralysis. Someone said that they've seen people react very similarly when they wake up from some something like that. One audience member who did think this was some kind of sleep attack, told the La Times quote pretty quickly, she sort of fell into her partner's shoulders, then onto his lap. Then her body went limp, and maybe five seconds later she kind of awoke and let out this scream.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Which that could go either way.
Speaker 2: To me, I didn't like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Topples over onto his shoulders, pops up and explodes, could go either way. I mean, so far, the woman has not come forward, and the La Philharmonic has not disclosed any further information.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you think they pulled her aside that record?
Speaker 1: Oh well, we found her seat number.
Speaker 2: We had to clean up this.
Speaker 1: Oh I did see someone say, ah, the La Philharmonic where Tchaikowsky plays, there's not a dry seat in the house.
Speaker 4: Gross, gross, inappropriate joke. Don't laugh at that. That's amazing, pretty pretty.
Speaker 2: Why it's a pretty song, though, gotta say.
Speaker 1: Incredible, one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is the first orgasm at an orchestra concert, because I don't.
Speaker 1: At an orchestra concert, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 1: I'd wager that Mozart himself had a few of his own while he was playing I believe it. That guy was crazy. You know what Mozart would have done. He would have had like a blanket over the piano and some would have been kneeling in front of him, in front of the bench underneath, and he would.
Speaker 2: Have been like, nobody knows.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows, he's a freak.
Speaker 2: You're a freak.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm what I'm really wondering is is there like a synesthesia to it sort of you know where you have you have some really intense reaction to certain stimuli or whatever. And so like some people that would go to an orchestra and they're like, oh, actually, like I'm feeling this this music and these vibrations in my bodies that I do have a physical reaction to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And HER's just like the most extreme version. Yeah, I'll tell you. And I know, I know some of all are going to agree with me on this one. Fellowship of the Ring. They're coming down the river and that Howard Shore score comes in the Great River as they're going past the Argonauth statues. That's that's the moment. That's the one we all came pretty close. I go, that's the closest that an Orchestra has done it for me, and I think most people.
Speaker 2: I understand that. I'm sure there are people out there because Stephen Colbert is nodding, of course, the friend of the show.
Speaker 1: Nodding. I know he keeps asking to come on, but I just I don't feel like he's ready. He's got a little more to learn ready before he can do a ridiculous romance episode.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, I'm very excited that we got to talk about this woman who really put the O in Orchestra.
Speaker 1: Oh, there it is, there, it is. Yes. I don't want to blow our whole load on this story, though, so we should move on to something else.
Speaker 2: All right, what's next?
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know if y'all have ever gotten into these m I the asshole or a I t A in the subreddit. I think it's probably been around on the internet for a long time. Surely read the posts if you haven't actually visited the subredded itself. But people ask a big question. You know, I did this thing. Somebody got mad at me, and they want to know, am I the asshole here? Or am I right in thinking that the other person is?
Speaker 2: And sometimes it's quite difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of times sometimes it's very obvious, but of course a lot of them are about partnerships, romances, sex, things like that. So we dug up a few recent and popular ones of those. This one I wanted to bring up to you, Diana, because I thought that we would really have a lot to say about this, because it involves a couple and travel, right, and that's something you and I really like to do, we really like to together. So this guy, the user's name is ober Lordie. He says that he's someone who dreamed of going to Japan for a very long time, told his girlfriend a few times before and during their relationship that Japan was like very important to him. He says he earns far more money than she does, so for him, it's easy to kind of just pick up and travel somewhere. For her, it's a bit harder. And he found a chance to buy cheap round trip tickets to Japan. He said in his post quote. I informed her briefly, but I went ahead and booked for myself. Of course, she was understandably upset. We talked about this, and the main reason she was upset was because to her, it felt like I didn't include her in my decision and that I was super impulsive. She also told me that it hurts not being able to have the capability of traveling with me. I told her that I understand. I'm sorry for being selfish, but I wanted to take this urge to travel solo even though she couldn't come. I also let her know that we can travel to other places in the future when circumstances allow us to. I truly understand where my girlfriend is coming from. Now I feel guilty of what I've done. I'm thinking of not going anymore. It's tough for me because of course I want to share these experiences with her, but I also wanted to really pursue this trip for myself, even though I'm alone. Now. I'll say that at this point in reading it, I thought, well, this is a little bit of a challenge. You know. It's two people they've gotten into a relationship but have totally different economic situations, and this is a you know, a dream trip of his that he's wanted to take for a long time, and he got it last minute opportunity. But I'll add that he later edited his post to add I'm twenty four, she's twenty five. We've been together for five years now, and I'm planning to go for one week. And that changed it for me because I'm like, Okay, you all been together for five years. You couldn't have just bought her a ticket. My man, I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, like, is there not a way to figure out this budget together right so that you can share it? I mean, you know, it does sound like he kind of wants to go alone, right a little bit, Like he's like, it would be fine if she was there, would be totally fine, but I kind of want to just go. Yeah, which is fine too. If you're in a relationship and you want to take a solo trip, I think there's room for you, absolutely, because you know, everybody needs to a little alone time or just like, I don't know, there's sometimes you know, a break is a nice idea, right you come to appreciate each other and miss each other and stuff.
Speaker 1: I also think there's like a sentimental and emotional experience that you can have on your own that's hard to have when there's another person there with you, like you might be embarrassed by or just like you can't fully connect to that. You can't like get lost where it's just you and nothing you in the world. Yeah, because it's not just you, Like obviously you're you're sharing your experience with someone. I can think that can that can be amazing and it can also there's something that it can hinder as well.
Speaker 2: Right, But I what I don't like is he also said before he had already said hey, I want to do this, and she said I can't afford it, and then he was like, well, I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway. Like I feel like that was the time to kind of have that conversation with like, well, how do you feel about me taking that trip solo? Then if you can't do it and we're not willing to split the expense in any type of way, which it sounds like he's not willing to pay right for anything for her to go, which I just don't.
Speaker 1: Well, if he can five years, but if he can afford one discot ticket that he can suddenly afford too, maybe not, that's very you know, that's the other thing too. But I'm just caught up on the five years thing, I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, people figure out their finances all kinds of different ways, and it's fine, you know, whatever works for you, but it does feel weird to like, oh, we're going to be together for so long, I mean since they were nineteen and twenty two, so like college age, Like they've been together for a very long time during a formative period. So that's probably part of it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I remember your brother, and we might want to get the listeners feedback on this because I would love to hear some other opinions, because I think this is true probably for a lot of people our age. But like we had and even have still separate bank accounts, right, And that was something that I remember your brother, who's a little more of a traditionalist, thought was the most insane thing he'd ever heard for a married couple to have two different bank accounts, right, And I was like, are we crazy? And I kind of looked it up, and it does seem like something that's a little more people our age and younger, yeah, are definitely doing more so now And I don't really, I don't know. There was definitely a point at where it mattered for us because our finances were so different. We were, you know, independently dealing with our debts and things like that, right, And then there was a bunch of stuff that we just balanced out our expenditures.
Speaker 2: I think too, there's just a different like feeling about marriage in general. You know, it's not so much like we've now become a singular entity. Yeah, as much like people are still very much like, well, I want to be able to and you know, I don't foresee us having a divorce or anything like that. But we grew up in a generation that saw a lot of divorce, and like, extricating the finances was always the most pain the biggest pain point, right, And so I think a lot of people were like, well, just keep your finances separate, like just in case and if someone dies too. Like now, at least you have money you can access really easily that belongs to you fully, and there's no question even though it probably having a joint account is not that big of a deal. But like, I think there's just a lot more I don't know, just probably a lot more reservations about that sort of thing in our generation. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like that you don't expect a divorce for us. I think it's blow chances options. Okay, you never want to say never, you know what I mean. That's why we put in our vows till death to us part unless something else happens.
Speaker 2: Soon something better comes along either or both of us.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily better, just something different, you know, just so vrighty exactly exactly or like I'm bored now this was fun?
Speaker 2: Uh huh, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay, So let's say role play. I come to you, Diana. You know how I've always said that I want to go to to Below, Mississippi. That might spend my dream for so many years before we got together at it. After we got together, I'd talked about it, and I know that tue Below, Mississippi is high on your list as well.
Speaker 2: Right, It's also a dream of mine to go to Tubelo, MISSISSIPI I know it.
Speaker 1: I know you. Sometimes sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I hear mumbling, and what is going out there? Squirrel in the walls? What is happening? And then I realize it's coming from next to me on the bed. I lean over and I hear the tiniest noise coming from your lips. Gotta go to Tupelo, kids, Superlo. Beautiful things happen in tub Belo, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Number one travel destination.
Speaker 1: Like oh my God, she wants to go so bad?
Speaker 2: What that's where I want to start my travel blog. I just feel like it's an untouched piece of tourism that really will rocket me to start.
Speaker 1: I know the people are desperate for a nice for a nice on Tupelo, but I do need to tell you've got the Fringe Festival coming up. It's the first weekend in June. What are the dates?
Speaker 2: June fifth through the eleventh.
Speaker 1: June fifth through the eleventh in Atlanta, Georgia. Well, there was a special deal going on in Tupelow that was only June seventh, eighth, and ninth, so I went ahead and got it for myself. I understand that you're upset, but you know that this is something that I've always wanted to do. Now go respond.
Speaker 2: I think it's different because you're now abandoning me during a very busy time.
Speaker 1: When I need a lot of them to compare. Respond and also the car respond.
Speaker 2: Respond, No, you can't go to Tupelo.
Speaker 1: Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: How need you hear?
Speaker 1: First of all, you.
Speaker 2: Said you were going to do some work for the Fringe festival, suddenly missed two days of it. At Secondly, look you got a whole staff. You know full well that several of them don't live in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I don't live in Atlanta either. I live in Tupelo, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, fine, go don't call me while you're there. I hope you have a terrible time user user ober Lordie.
Speaker 1: It's that simple.
Speaker 2: Just make it so she doesn't want you around, and then please go to Japan in fact, for longer.
Speaker 1: Fellas everyone, if you need some time apart from your spouse, just make them really want to get rid of you.
Speaker 2: Be annoying as hell. I'll let you go wherever you want.
Speaker 1: I know we say no romantic tips on this show, but you can keep that one. That one's all right, let's get away from this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I don't know. That One's a tough one to me.
Speaker 1: So I would say, uh, my verdict is not the asshole, but uh it may be a little inconsiderate.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: I think that makes sense. Yeah again, I would be if it were me, I would prefer to have you with me on a trip like that, and so I would probably be sitting there trying to work out a budget. But to where Okay, this is what if can you pay this much? Would that be comfortable for you? And then I can cover the rest and if you feel some type of way about it, maybe we can come up with a payment plan or something, you know what I mean. Like, because it might not be him not willing to pay. She might not be willing to accept the payment. There's a lot of people are very proud about that. So she might be like, I know, if you're not going to let me pay back? Yeah, you know what I mean? Someone don't.
Speaker 1: As someone who has been the person with less money in the past, my feelings are get over yourself and take the money while you can. My god.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many people have that sense of pride necessarily, but I know some people really feel strongly about it.
Speaker 1: What was pride? It's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Who's got pride anymore?
Speaker 1: Dead?
Speaker 2: All shame is gone, all fried is dead.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: But yes, there's other things to talk about, so let's move on. Let's go down to that. This is a good one. This one is from user d r underscore r dearer dear, and she asks, am I the asshole for calling my husband rude for his constant farting?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm going to say no, I'm an immediately say this feels like you're not the asshole For this one, he's the asshole or the asshole is asshole? Who's the asshole in a situation where farting is happening? Scientifically, the asshole is wherever the fart is coming from.
Speaker 3: That's so true. You don't need to tide to read it.
Speaker 1: For that desition.
Speaker 2: This one's easily answered.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hear her story.
Speaker 2: Well, she says, she's thirty one, her husband's twenty nine, and he's a very gassy person. Sure, nothing wrong with that, And she's exactly she said, that's everybody you know has it's got to come out somehow. But he just farts so much. She says, quote, it's not just letting them slip then excusing himself. It's lift a leg, forcefully push it out and laughs. Nine out of ten times, it seriously sounds like he has pooped his pants.
Speaker 1: Oh sir, maybe go to a doctor.
Speaker 2: Like, have y'all discussed your diet? Have we talked about sugar intake or something? So anyway, she says, she expressed countless times that you know, she wishes that he would kind of excuse himself and leave the room when he feels one coming on in, but he never does. And finally she snapped and told him that she thought he was very rude and disrespectful, and he says she's wrong because he should be able to fart in his own house whenever he feels the need, and she said, you know, of course, that is the one place where guests would be the most acceptable, is in your own home. But she's also said that she's asked him in the past if he would fart like that in front of her grandmother if she was in their house, and he said, of course he would not because that would be rude. So she said, pretend I'm my grandmother in that situation, and he will not do it. So he thinks she's being unreasonable for asking him to quote not just fart loudly and dramatically every time the feeling comes over him. But she thinks that he's being rude and disrespectable because he's not, you know, thinking that she you know, doesn't want to breathe in his nasty poop smells well, So who's the asshole here? Does he need? She says, am I the asshole for telling my husband. He is rude and disrespectful and needs to take his butt Trumpet elsewhere, but trump it's great, but Trumpet amazing. Look, yeah, come on, this sounds an easy one.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: He's being an asshole.
Speaker 1: It's the kind of thing where I'm like, look, someone just asked you to not huh. That's all I ever need. If someone says, hey, will you not do that? Right, and they're earnest about it, it's not like a joking thing, then okay, yeah you didn't not going to do it, and yeah.
Speaker 2: It's your own house, but you couldn't take a shit on the floor either, like people would be mad about that, and you can't be like, we was my house a shit where I want, like, I mean, other people live here.
Speaker 1: Bro. She's like it bothers me and if it were someone else that it's a respect issue too, because she said, straight upset, you wouldn't do it in front of my grandmother because that's rude. But I'm telling you I find it rude and you don't. You don't respect me to, you don't care. Yeah, yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: It's an issue. I think I think he's being an asshole. This one's an easy one. Yeah, this was one. I was like, you didn't need to tell the internet about this, but it was very funny and Bundy user ka Rimmer seventy one says, not the asshole lord above, girl, this has been my life for two decades.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 1: Poor wives of the world out there have some real problems here their farting husbands.
Speaker 2: These boys just keep dutch ebaning for decades. Uh yeah, she says she or he says, I love my husband, but he hasn't matured beyond the fourth grade in this arena. It's gross and it's disrespectful to you. Yes, everyone needs to break wind here and there. But when he admitted that he wouldn't do it in front of grand because it's rude, he shows that he knows what he's doing is wrong.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree why these men are from frightening faces.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't care about a fart. Farts are very funny sometimes true. But there's again, if someone expresses to you it's I don't find it funny and it upsets me or I feel disrespected or anything like that. How hard is it just not make a big deal out of it.
Speaker 2: Plus the joke will be funnier if it happens a fewer times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, right now, she can't.
Speaker 2: She can't enjoy the comedy of it because it's happening to you frequently and she has feelings.
Speaker 1: About it, thank you.
Speaker 2: But if you just stop doing it, you know, so frequently you can you can pick your moment. Let one fly.
Speaker 3: Oh it'll be.
Speaker 2: The hope, most hilarious thing.
Speaker 3: Sure, what happened to it?
Speaker 2: You know? It's true. She'll be like, you played that butt trumpet at just the right time.
Speaker 3: If he's that and I have a full body or castle in the wall.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Oh por Tchaikovsky.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He might be fine with it. That's he's like, that's what music's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: All right, listen to response.
Speaker 2: Catharsis, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well we can fart that one away under.
Speaker 2: Any butt trumpets out, Yes, story definitely.
Speaker 1: Look, weddings make people act kind of crazy, and I'll tell you that is what we're going to get into next. We come back with some really interesting posts from the marriage and marriage Nightmare subreddits right off this quick break. Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, so our next wedding related am I the asshole is from user. That's what happened you.
Speaker 1: That's what happened you.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what happened you.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know he had a time traveler.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeahs Ago gangster this one. I'm going to tell you a story, and don't you deny it, because that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Yo. Well, our Chicago gangster asked, am I the asshole for kicking my bridesmaid out of my party and says that they're getting married in a few weeks. This recently happened and they have been stressing ever since. And they said one of their bridesmaids, who they call Ashley, a thirty year old woman, is having money issues. Our bride truly empathizes with her because her husband lost his job. Ashley works in retail, so things are really tight. So she says, when I offered her the position of bridesmaid, I told her it'd be okay if she turned it down, but I had no intention of changing my plans for only one person. She said it would totally be fine and wanted to be the bridesmaid. So I let hers. She's the bridesmaid. Now everything's going fine and says, you know that things kind of were going well. She tried to choose sort of inexpensive dresses and shoes, she found an inexpensive makeup artist in nail salon. In total, she says, everything was around three hundred and fifty dollars to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, right, buy all your shit. But she's chosen to have her bachelorette at Disneyland, which is very expensive, but it's always been her dream. And the trip neared and she Ashley had nit to buy her tickets, so when she asked, you know, go for it, because at the time, COVID was still going on and the parks were at limited capacity, so she was worried that Ashley wouldn't be able to join them. And she says, I'm also getting tickets for fantasmic dining and I need the number for people coming and she's only asking them to pay for half of that. She's paying for the rest. So asked Ashley, are you buying this ticket? And Ashley lost her shit on that's what happened you and told her it's inexcusable to expect her to spend upwards of one thousand dollars on all these festivities when she can barely afford rent. Well, our bride came back and said, well, you didn't have to be no bridesmaid, and you know you shouldn't just do things that you can't afford. And Ashley said, that's ridiculous to expect me to sit out of things that I can't do, and that if she if the bride wanted her to participate as a bridesmaid, the bride should have paid for all of Ashley's stuff that she had to have to participate as a bridesmaid. And of course the bride said, I don't think you need to be worried about it because you're no longer invited to the wedding and blocked her at everything. Wow, what a reaction. Yeah, some of the other bridesmaids think that she overreacted and should let Ashley be in the wedding again. So am I the asshole for kicking Ashley out of the wedding?
Speaker 1: That's what happened, yo, That's what happened, yo. She says, I invited this girl to be a bridesmaid knowing that she didn't have a lot of money, and said, you know, you might not be able to afford anything, and the girl said, that's cool, and then she got mad when she couldn't afford something. Right, you know this better than I do. But I think if you're setting up a bridesmaid party and one of your bridesmaids is like, oh, I can't afford to do that one thing, like that's okay, right, Like you don't have to you don't all have to do everything.
Speaker 2: That's sort of I don't. I don't understand why. I mean, it sucks to not get to go to Disneyland and stuff. But like, for example, when I when we were getting married, my bachelorette was in New York, I really wanted to go to New York for the first time, and not everybody could afford to go, and so not everybody went. And it was not a problem, like nobody.
Speaker 1: Minded because being Amaid, I didn't mind more about the wedding day exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, and I understood by choosing an out of state destination that required a plane ticket and all kinds of stuff that I was asking for quite a lot. So I was like, if you don't, if this is not a trip you're interested in taking, if you don't want to go to this city. If you don't have the money, I'm not. My feelings will not be hurt. It's totally fine. Most of them did make it happen because they actually also wanted to go.
Speaker 1: But you know, okay, so role play Diana and Anny my bridesmaid. I want to let you know. I know you're really busy in early June. What are the dates for the Fringe Festival again?
Speaker 2: It's June fifth to the eleventh.
Speaker 1: June fifth for the eleventh in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Tickets for shows or how much?
Speaker 2: Fifteen dollars?
Speaker 1: Only fifteen dollars? You're telling me there's a full four days in Atlanta where I can go see twenty eight shows across how many venues? Seven seven venues and each show's only fifteen dollars? Is there some way to get like a bulk package of tickets? I can get a discount?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 1: This sounds incredible?
Speaker 2: And also free shows for kids, free.
Speaker 1: Shows for kids. Boy, if I had a kid and I lived anywhere near Atlanta, Georgia, I would be sure to be in town on Saturday, June ten. But anyway, get back to my wedding I'm not going to be able to go because my bridesmaid's trip it's gonna be that same week, so I know that you'll have a hard time going. Do you still want to be a bridesmaid? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, be a bridesmaid. I just won't go on the trip.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then fast forward It's June fourth, right tomorrow, Diana, We're leaving for Tupelo, Mississippi, for my for my bachelorette party. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going. I have the fringe festival this week. Well, I have nothing to say because I already told you I wasn't going. Well, that's I guess that's my question. Is she mad and Ashley for not being able to go? I mean, or is it Ashley mad because Ashley can't go.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little of both, because it sounds like Ashley. Ashley definitely was like you should have paid for my ticket, right, which I don't think is necessarily true. But then the bride then kicked her out of the wedding and was like, you're blocked on social media, you can't come to my wedding. All this stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, we have an edit here, Okay. She added some information that this, Yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: You what else happened?
Speaker 3: As what else happened?
Speaker 2: Said some things that I forgot to mention. The price was not one thousand dollars, not even close. It would have been around five hundred and fifty per guest. I also explained to Ashley that I would have been fine with her not going, as there's other bonding activities that we were doing that I can pay for. Ashley also called me selfish, a bitch and told me my wedding wouldn't last, which contributed to me blocking her. I told her she didn't have to come to this if she didn't have the means to do so.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she did say you could just not go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this sounds to me like Ashley's kind of be in the ben asshole in this situation if she's like because I mean a lot of the comments here are saying that the bride is being an asshole because she chose an expensive place and wants her friends to spend a bunch of money. Okay, this one commenter, Luna Vakuna says, if you're going to have an expensive wedding situation, actually pay for it Otherwise you can't actually afford it, I mean pay to fly fly people out and pay for their accommodations, etc. Expecting someone to spend thousands of dollars to be your frint isn't great. I don't agree at all, because you don't have to go to a wedding.
Speaker 1: People just take it so personally and you don't need to like, Okay, we're getting married in the Maldives. Okay. First of all, if you can't make it, of course you can't make it. That's an insanely difficult trip to make. But I would love for it. I would love for you to be there if you can. Okay. So now the people getting married have no right to be upset about the people who can or can't go, And the people who can or can't go or the people who can't go have no right to think, oh, how dare you make me like? Just don't go?
Speaker 2: No, that what. It is completely voluntary to choose to attend a wedding or even to be in a wedding party. It is certainly true that if you're going to pick expensive stuff to do or make it expensive to be in your wedding party, then you need to be chill about people who say no and not take it personally in either direction. Right, But I feel like, yeah, she's saying, like I told her, Hey, I understand you're in a tight situation. I'd love you to be a bridesmaid, but I'm going to do expensive shit. Is that cool or not? And Ash just said it's cool. Yeah, Then she said the most expensive thing. I told her it's fine if she don't go, and that she was willing to pay for other bonding things that they were going to do together with the rest of the with the rest of the bridesmaids or whatever. So it's not like she's like, actually, I want her to dig into her wallet as soon as possible. You know, I don't know if I'm feeling like she's being an asshole.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's more like, Diana, we're leaving tomorrow for Tupelo. I know you can't make it because you've got the ringe festival.
Speaker 2: And then you say, how dare you go to Tupelo? What after everything I said about having the fringe festival and you're still going to Tupelo? What I told you I had a thing. Yeah, I'm angry at you for going instead of changing all your plans for me, oh, which you said specifically you wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: But I you know, it's my dream to go to Tupelo, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: That's what doesn't dream of going to Tupelo, Mississippi.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: I don't what do you think? Do you know? Do you not feel me on this line?
Speaker 1: No? I think on sort of reexamining it and seeing that edit that it does actually kind of sound like Ashley's the one out of line here.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they both went too far in the fight.
Speaker 1: They should not have like blocked her and banned her from the wet and stuff like that. But at the same time, Ashley should not have called her a bitch and said your wedding won't last time. Get me. Yeah. No, If she did that and then she kicked her out of the wedding, that's totally justifiable that, which is what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: She said that contributed to me blocking her at least, So it sounds like they both lost their temper and said some mean shit and now it's gone a little too far. But yeah, I don't know. I just feel like a wedding is about the people getting married, So you can roll your eyes all day long about their stupid destination wedding, but you don't have to go. You know, they're trying to make something that might be their only opportunity to go to that place, or maybe that I don't know. Some parents are willing to spend a lot of money on a wedding and nothing else, So that might be the well I'm having in the Maldives because my dad's gonna pay for it, and that's the only chance I have to.
Speaker 3: Go to the freaking Maldi's.
Speaker 2: So sorry, it's gonna be a small affair, but that's what the fuck I'm doing. You know, I could see it. I just feel like some people take it way too personally. Like you said, you just got to relax. You just got to relax about these weddings. So this is how it could have gone. Role play. Eli. Yeah, I really want to ask you to be a bridesmaid, Okay, but like I know you're having like some financial difficulties right now, and like I just wanted to say that it was totally totally, totally cool if you decide not to be in my wedding party, Like I will not take it personally because I'm definitely doing some like, oh kind of expensive things, like I'm gonna be a fancy bitch.
Speaker 1: For my wedding, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I just don't need to feel pressure to like ap buy stuff that you can't afford.
Speaker 1: Well, like, here's the deal, Okay, if you are okay with me being a bridesmaid on your wedding day, then I would love to do it as long as you're aware with and cool with the fact that I probably can't afford to go do the expensive stuff. But if it's something that like you want as like a whole bonding experience for the entire group to be doing all these individual things leading up to the culmination of the wedding day itself, and then everyone who's standing up there together has gone through all these experiences together, then like I will totally just sit out and I'm going to come to your wedding and have a great time. I'm totally gonna eat the food that you give me that you're paying for. Lol, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, girl, we will never fight because we are just so good at communicating.
Speaker 1: Openness is like so key, It is like so key. Well, these these two are great. I know the relationship.
Speaker 2: They sound more annoying than they are.
Speaker 1: I know. Well, all right, well let's get the hell out of that wedding because it sounds.
Speaker 2: Like it's going to be I usually do agree with the majority of Reddit users, but I don't agree on this one.
Speaker 1: Well, slow down, now, there it is. I usually agree with the majority of Reddit users. Is a dangerous thing to say.
Speaker 2: That's not what I meant. I just meant usually with them the asshole. Yeah, I agree with the top commentary mostly, but this time I do not agree.
Speaker 1: Well, here comes the hate mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from user Luna vacunas.
Speaker 1: Well. We're going to take a quick break and then we'll get into some of the ask reddit questions that people had out there, some of the weirder answers, and we'll try and give a few answers of our own. Okay, so stick around. We'll be right back, and we're back. I want to get into there's one just called ask reddit, right and people just post whatever question they want and people decide whether or not they want to answer it. And I thought there was some here that we would have fun with, and some very basic relationship stuff, right, like for example, from user you Cer. There we go, they say, what's something that makes another person unattractive to you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Top answer here was treating servers poorly, treating animals poorly, talking about themselves for hours but never asking questions about me, trying to make me jealous, and if their only sense of humor is making fun of other people, Diana take it away.
Speaker 2: All of those, I agree with all those, but one that was not in there I think is incompetence.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was kind of.
Speaker 2: Thinking about this because you know, and you know, guys are always like girls love rock stars, they love a guy who plays a guitar, right, Okay, And I was just thinking about it, and I was like, I wonder why, you know, what is the real appeal of a guy who plays the guitar, Because most guys that you're talking about, we've talked about high school, you know, age, they're not a rock star, right right, They're just a guy who plays a guitar. And what I think is, this is my theory, is that a guitar, first of all, you had to pick it up, you had to take initiative to pick up a new hobby. It shows dedication because you're practicing and when you play it. But you're displaying competence and confidence, and those are all attractive things, I think, And so I was like, I don't know that it's necessarily the music. Obviously, there's some hobbies, you know, people like, well, I know how to do a yoyo real good.
Speaker 3: No girls care about that.
Speaker 1: Damn you're gonna go after the yo yo boys.
Speaker 2: I mean, actually, I think a lot of girls care about They probably get girls.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Honestly, a yogo girl will be super hot.
Speaker 2: A yoyo girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girls you come in here doing around the world and walking dogs and stuff. I'm in.
Speaker 2: But it was just something I was thinking about. It was like, I wonder if it's not really so much about the guitar, and like, oh, now you're a rock star. When I look at you, I think of you know, Adam Levine or some shit Like it's just like this guy, like is displaying all of the qualities that you want in a person that you're gonna be with for any length of time, which is somebody who has an interest in the world around him, some curiosity, willingness to put in the work practice, and then as actually good at something, and that's attractive to watch someone be good at something. Yeah, I think I might have a lot to do with it.
Speaker 1: I think that's a I think that's a very clever insight into why people are attracted to guitar players. I gave up the guitar very quickly because it outcheeed my fingers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know it does and.
Speaker 1: My fingers, and it took time. It was the other thing high school. I was in high school. I was very used to already being good at the things that I was good at, and to pick up something new and have to like work to get good at it. Buy see you later, alligator.
Speaker 2: And gifted child syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So guitar didn't take then I played with it more later, but confidence and dedication were not what I was exhibiting with the guitar.
Speaker 2: So I just there was a kid in my high school I didn't particularly care for, and then he like took up the drums or something, and he was playing the drums one day and I was like, oh, I think I might have a crush on him. And I had a crush in for like three days. You know, it didn't last long, but I was like, I really remember being like why, I know, I don't like him like there's nothing and it was cut. He looked good. He was good at something. You know. It's just something about that and the way you look when you're good at something. I think people look very attractive in that moment.
Speaker 1: That goes a long way.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 2: What makes you want to what? What makes I.
Speaker 1: Find unattractive in someone?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm attracted to so many things, you know, very much. Nothing you can do looks, you know what kind looks, very attractive looks.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I just gonna go, what what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: That's what people really come to this podcast? Where are we kicking around interesting points?
Speaker 1: It's you know, whether or not someone's attractive or not.
Speaker 2: It's really all it comes down to.
Speaker 1: I want to care about the rest. We could fix the rest. No, I'm kidding. I would say something I'm unattracted to in people, wellhen they open their mouths and start talking. No, I would say it's like dispassion, like when people aren't don't have anything they're like passionate about. I'm really fascinated when somebody's really into something, you know, I think that's cool and I'll like let you go off about it. You know, and if you're a talker even better. Because I'm a I think generally you'd say I'm a listener, yeah, and go for it. But when people are just like not, they're just kind of bored, they don't want to do anything. They're they're not there's nothing that excites them particular, just kind of coasting day to day. That's not very interesting to me. I kind of want to get out of there as fast as I can.
Speaker 2: I agree that is not attractive. Yeah, you can't have fun with a person like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I want to get to this next one because this is very goofy. Known pop eight three five five asked the question on ask Reddit. People have read it. What was your I'm dating a fucking idiot moment?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, do you have one? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll say I've been very fortunate not to date any idiots.
Speaker 2: I don't think I dated any fucking idiots. I think that was like one of the main things that was like a qualifier for whether or not we were going to go out for any link Right.
Speaker 1: Well, there's some great answers in here. User key Lie two fifty said I watched a doc that explains how sharks have electricity receptors, which they used to hunt. He said, that's not possible. Sharks are supposedly millions of years old, but we only invented electricity a hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, not a guy to go to the bookstore.
Speaker 1: With bookstore they sell those things books.
Speaker 2: You, Catherine says. He kept applying for jobs and getting denied. I was upset for him. Came to find out he was applying for jobs driving armored trucks for banks with a record for stealing money from cash registers. I didn't know at the time, but this man literally had robbery and theft on his record and couldn't understand why an armored truck company wouldn't hire him.
Speaker 1: My guy, maybe I thought he was doing that thing where he's like, they're gonna want someone who can't test the limits of what their trucks can handle.
Speaker 2: His cover letters, like, I know all of the pain points the weaknesses of your armored trucks, so I will be at hand.
Speaker 1: It's like the FBI hires a master hacker. Yes, I mean like, except dude, you got arrested, so they don't want No, I don't want you. You're not that good at it.
Speaker 3: You got caught.
Speaker 2: It's on your record.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, like a user. Radiant Butterfly says, my first boyfriend was trying to convince me to do anal and told me it'll feel good because it stimulates the prostate. But I am a female. The same guy told me once it's male kangaroos that have the babies. Oh bonus fact, we're Australians.
Speaker 3: Well, it feels like he should know this.
Speaker 1: Seems like he should know that.
Speaker 2: She should have been like, Oh, it'll feel good because it stimulates the prostage. She should have been like, oh, so you want me to do it to you, Yeah, that's fine, let me put on my gloves. Gloves Sammy, not sam, he says. I introduced him to my stepsister. He said, weird you guys look nothing alike.
Speaker 1: Oh there's that voice, that male voice.
Speaker 2: That's my yeah, ubiquitous guy voice. Whoa what that's so weird man?
Speaker 1: You and your stepsister like nothing alike? Oh, dummies, how about a user? But it's not, Fish said. He told me he had a lot of inventions and how rich he'll be one day when he sells one. I asked him to tell me more and he said his best invention is eyedrops that, with just one application, eliminate the need for eyeglasses. Wow, this guy is a mailman, not a doctor, not a scientist, and he wears glasses. So I said, if these eye drops work, why do you wear glasses? Well, the eye drops don't exist yet, you see. But when someone else actually formulates these fantasy eye drops, my mailman friend thinks he will get the money because he invented them by dreaming them up.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: She said she dated him very briefly years ago. He didn't have any patents, just misguided dreams. Nice guy, just a special kind of small former coal mining town kind of idiot. Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, that would be an incredible invention. You're fair, but it also sounds so fantastic it has to be impossible.
Speaker 1: I gotta walk up to some scientists and say, what about these eyeedrops and the side of the goal? Oh, I never thought of that. You're a genius. Let me whip it up real.
Speaker 2: Quick, right and cut you in for some reason.
Speaker 1: Great idea, Thomas Edison. That's pretty much Thomas Edison. Right.
Speaker 2: This question is what's a common first date activity that's actually really stupid to do on a first date. Oh, asked by no Junk Peter, that's probably that's actually a good it's a good think that's a good thinker, It's pretty good. The top answer was loud bar. That makes sense because you have to like scream at the top of your lungs.
Speaker 1: That's you don't want to just shout at each other for your first date, right, I.
Speaker 2: Guess not, especially if you're really actually meeting for the first time, Like maybe if you already knew each other like in a friend group or something, and you're trying to go out, like you can maybe do a bar. But yeah, it feels like if I'm really trying to meet you for the first time, bad choice. I need to pick a classic cocktail.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, let's let's go to as at DAR next time, where we go somewhere you know we could sit down and talk. Yeah. Yeah. Another user said escape rooms. I work at one, and the amount of first dates is too dang high. You have to pay for a third person because there's a three person minimum. You can't learn anything about each other because you're too busy playing. You will suck and get frustrated and Another user chimed in and said a lot of women will be very grateful to learn how men react when they get frustrated. So maybe it's a good idea for.
Speaker 2: An early date for some that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: I'll say that's cross gender too. Like you, anyone, you want to know how a person behaves when they get frustrated because it could be bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe like a group date or something that would be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not.
Speaker 2: I think it's still here see them get frustrated or whatever. But right, it is weird to just be two people in an escape room, even just it was you and me. I know, I mean, I'm having fun, but like I kind of wish there was.
Speaker 1: It's a group activity by definition, right, and it's nice.
Speaker 2: Because then people have, you know, different things that they bring to the table, so you're looking at different things and it all goes faster.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's true that it might not be a good first date. But I hear this about wanting to see how people react when they get like that does make sense.
Speaker 1: Third, fourth, fifth date, somewhere in there, get some friends together. See how y'all all get along to an escape room? But yeah, it's not an opportunity to get to know someone, no, except for their their worst side.
Speaker 2: Now, I would gonna say a movie. I always thought it was a strange first date in some ways because you're not like you're sitting side by side and you're not really interacting.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of discussion on there about that, yeah, because somebody suggested movies, and other people said, well, actually, the movie's a great idea for a first date if you've got dinner afterwards, because it really gives us something to talk about.
Speaker 2: Which does make sense. But I also feel like a lot of people do dinner and a movie in that order, Like they go to dinner first terrible and so it's like, well, that's something because you're doing the face to face part that you need. But yeah, it is weird to like, oh, now we have to stand around the parking lot and talk about the movie, right ideally, I mean, I don't know, maybe that's just we.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I always to this day I would rather do dinner after the movie, because yeah, when we're going to go sit down and talk about it, right, But you know, first date, maybe you go and have a drink or something before the movie, or take a walk or something, and then something the movie and then now let's sit down and talk. Well, the movie is like total conversation lubricant. There's so much to talk about. Yeah, now there's always something to fall back on should the conversations start to get stale or you can't think of what to say next, or you freeze or whatever.
Speaker 2: You got the movie, Yeah, you got the movie, no problem. And plus you can see, you know how each other maybe listens to your opinions.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, especially if.
Speaker 2: They're differing opinions that can be very valuable about something innocuous like a movie.
Speaker 1: Or if they give you a damn second to talk.
Speaker 2: True, right, they just keep chatting away. Uh huh, and you're like shut.
Speaker 5: Up right, They're like, well, I don't know. I thought that this part didn't make a lot of sense because in previous movies, ant Man got really tired when he got super big, but this time, like he was just able to get super big and it was like consequence free, so he just stayed big the whole time, and it's just like became kind of overpowered, so that it.
Speaker 1: And you know, and then I look up and she's.
Speaker 2: Gone, right, I don't happened running was Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, did she shrink down to the size of an ant That's what happened. That's probably what happened.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she realized I knew too much about the ant person the world and instead of inviting me along to be an ant man to Judgie or too focused on the science, which honestly an ant man should be. You need more than just you know, jumping skills to be an ant man.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. He's not a scientist.
Speaker 1: I know, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you ever taken someone to a movie and realized it was a very bad choice for a date movie? I have.
Speaker 1: I think I've told this story on the show because I haven't wanted to say the name of a movie that we saw and we were halfway through it. Both of us hated it, but we didn't know the other person was hating it. I guess it wasn't bad because we had something to laugh about after him words. I don't know, do you if you had an experience like that? No?
Speaker 2: I just thought how funny it would be if you were like, Hey, you know what's up?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: I wanted to take you out tonight and see that new Dune Cheetle movie, and then you went to Hotel Rwanda and you're like, oh no, this is not a sexy movie.
Speaker 3: I think this is a horrifying movie.
Speaker 1: I think you have this cool indie comedy. It's called The Girl on the Train. Do you want to go? Yeah, let's go. Let's come on, let's see, we'll have a good time.
Speaker 2: Everybody's getting real thirsty about Ben Affleck's penis in this one movie.
Speaker 3: And you go see Gone Girl. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here, it's beautiful. It's called Irreversible. Oh no, let's go check out that. It's a double feature with Dancer in the Dark. They're doing all these classics. Good god, I think.
Speaker 2: Just be in total silence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the meal.
Speaker 1: If anybody's not familiar with the slew of titles we just rattled off, it's the worst night of your life.
Speaker 2: Oh god, depression exactly. I'm not bad movies, just very very intense. Yeah, very sad.
Speaker 1: There's bad date movies. Definitely bad date movies.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my goodness. Well, I don't know. I feel like, as usual when I'm reading Reddit, I feel a little better about my life.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the best part of the Internet is really just giving yourself a little boost about what's going on out there. Like, my life pretty pretty put together, not bad. Actually, turn my wedding was great, could be worse. My marriage is rock solid.
Speaker 2: I'm not dating a fucking idiot.
Speaker 1: I would say. The only thing that we could be doing better than we're doing now that we learned from today's episode is uh, maybe enjoying the orchestra a little more often.
Speaker 2: Clearly I have been missing out. Fortunately you have tickets for us to go to. Oh that's right, I'd be like, sorry, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. The standards are high. Now you're playing has to be so good.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think you're right. I think we learned a lot today. I think we all had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 2: So anyway too, Yeah, y'all have to tell us what you think.
Speaker 1: Definitely. I know again you'll ask for these Reddit episodes and that's what you want. We got them. You know what I'm saying. We'll do it.
Speaker 2: We're having fun it and read it to you.
Speaker 1: The amount of time Diana and I just sitting next to each other, like laughing about what either one of us is seeing on our phone. Look at this idiot, you hear this dummy set. Yeah, we'll set up a microphone for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're getting all worked up about somebody else's problem, right, and I'll be like getting all turns up, and minutes later we're like, it's actually not.
Speaker 3: Relevant time, not at all?
Speaker 2: Why did I let this to get me worked up?
Speaker 1: Please send us some of the answers of your own for some of these questions, because we want to hear what you all think.
Speaker 2: Especially when you found out you're dating a fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: I would like to hear Mark.
Speaker 1: I know y'all got those stories, send them in. You can shoot us an email ridic Romance at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Ray or we're on Instagram. I'm at Dayamite Boom.
Speaker 1: And I'm at Oh Grey. It's Eli and.
Speaker 2: The show is at ridic Romance.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for tuning in, everybody. We'll be back next week with some deep dives into history with some really good stories and we can't wait to catch it in.
Speaker 2: Love you, bye bye, so long friends, It's time to go.
Speaker 3: Thanks so listening to our show. Tell your friends.
Speaker 2: Names, uncles, and dance to listen to our show.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous Well Nance