Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica, I'm Mila. Happy hump day.
Speaker 2: Happy hump day, bitches.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great? Yeah, I am. Today's a good day. Because Good Mom's Bad Choices is officially trademarked in the United States.
Speaker 1: Y'all ha, y'all can't take our shie.
Speaker 2: I saw ours Good Mom's Bad Choices for life. Bitches. Congratulations, congratulations. I feel like it's official now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we've been official, but now everyone else knows.
Speaker 2: But the government said it's official, so no one can steal it. It's official now, it's official official. That's all I know. It's just no one can steal it, right, That's all that means. I think so, and we can sue people as they try and use it. We could do a season.
Speaker 1: Is the fun out of you? Hey?
Speaker 2: You better take that off your page?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What does that say? Good Mom's I can't wait to ceasee a bitch?
Speaker 2: Call our lawyers.
Speaker 1: Hello, I wish, I wish a bitch would try to wish a bitch would tempt me to cease her.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to pay us five dollars for using that on your social media.
Speaker 1: Fuck that five thousand.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's how it works.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it doesn't either way.
Speaker 2: We have the power to use the attorney.
Speaker 1: How are you a laws on our side?
Speaker 2: The laws on our side because we do the business thing.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good, I'm great. It's you know, it's summertime. It's hot as fucking l a blood ever June. It's sledover June. I hope you guys have been sled ever in your life. Away whatever it's ludovering means to you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm great, good, I am doing good. I was gonna blast you right now because I know your business, bast I was just gonna say, if you wanted to tell about your like weird experience over the week, but my weird experience with what one of your boyfriends.
Speaker 1: First of all, okay, I no, he wasn't your boyfriend. He's never my boyfriend, let's be clear. Second of all, what do you want to blast that he's crazy? Nigga's be tripping.
Speaker 2: We already knew that I was entertained by the story. I thought maybe our people would be entertained too.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, so basically, where do I start. I got all the red flags. I ignored them.
Speaker 2: You didn't have sex, which.
Speaker 1: Is I did not have sex because I was, you know, last month we were abstaining from sex, and and even before that, because I actually started talking to him in February and we've never had sex, like from February all the way through May. And yeah, he was just I'm sure he's a nice person. He is just a needing of support.
Speaker 2: That's the nicest way I've ever heard of. Bitch say Nick is crazy he needs better help. Literally. Well, I guess I shouldn't say Nick is crazy because that's like no.
Speaker 1: I mean, so, you know, I was kind of off him because he was tripping about. You know, he gets weird around his birthday. I don't know what happened on his birthday, but he doesn't really fuck. He doesn't like, he's low energy on his birthday. So I was like, you know, maybe i'll take you out on your birthday. He agreed, and he's like basically was like like no, never mind, and I was like, okay, whatever. I kind of pushed it aside. And then anyway, fast forward to I was eating dinner by myself and he hit me and was like I'm gonna come hang out with you, come like pull up on you. And I could just tell like his energy was like very chipper, and he's not like a chipper type of nigga. He's like very like yeah, yeah, okay, you know. So I was like, why the fuck is he so fucking chipper? And he came and was just like very combative. Like I asked him like, so, how is your day and he was like was fine. I was like, you know, trying to be positive. What was the best part of your day? And he's like, la traffic and I'm like okay. And then he goes, what's the most disappointing thing happening in your life right now? And I was like, I guess what? And I said nothing. Actually, I was like, of course I feel disappointment, but in like in the moment, but I usually am able to release that I don't really have anything disappointing in my life. Actually, my life's going pretty fucking great right now. Besides you sitting across from me with your negativity, And I said, that's what I said. I was just like, I don't really have any negative things in my life. Whatever it isn't for me isn't for me. And then he was like okay, black Queen, Okay, Queen Queen. I was like fuck And obviously he was being facetious and sarcastic, like he was not black queening me like Happy Bay would.
Speaker 2: And then the part where I really didn't like, oh, the part that really pissed me off. Well, I'll beat his ass. I'll beat you, I'll find you, and I will curse you out for this one mister Oh.
Speaker 1: Then he said, you know you carry your loads so light. You must have a light load. And I was like, not really, I just you know, I have good days, I have bad days. And he's like, yeah, well, if we put all of our problems in a box and we shook it up and you picked out one of my problems like it would be very you would not like that. You would run. And I was like ok okay, and I was like why would I run? He's like, you want me to rehash my traumas and I was like you brought it up, Like what the fuck is wrong with you? And then I was like okay, well, I don't really know how I'm so at this point, like in the last three months I've known this person it's been incredibly hard to get to know him, Like he doesn't share anything with me, Like I've told you, we don't really talk. We just like cuddle, Like he shows up to my house, we say like four words, then we cuddle, and then we fall asleep, then we wake up and then that's it. But I was like, you know, because he's a Gemini, and like I feel like me and Geminis have this like unspoken like it doesn't have to be said certain things at least that's what that's like.
Speaker 2: The way you treat your trauma, the way that's a trauma.
Speaker 1: That's my trauma response to Geminis. I'm like, you're so mysterious, but we just don't need to say anything. I just know you already anyway. So I was just like, well, I don't really understand how I'm supposed to get to know you if you don't want to share anything with me, Like anytime I ask you anything personal, you literally just don't want to share it. So what are we doing? And he was like, your thinking is so menace that you can't pick up my breadcrumbs and figure it out. You want me to deliver the whole loaf nigga.
Speaker 2: If you think I'm gonna fucking chase your motherfucking bread crumbs through the magical forest like this is a goddamn fairy tale, you've already lost your shit.
Speaker 1: Minuscule, minuscule mother.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: It was disrespectful.
Speaker 2: It's very disrespectful, and it's very gaslighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, and he was just like heights like I could just in between the conversation, like when we weren't talking, he was just like staring at me, like smiling, and I was like staring at him smiling and then like laughing because I was like, what the fuck is wrong with you? So anyway, after he said that disrespectful shit, I was like, I don't like your energy, and I think you should leave now. And then he was like what and then like I saw like tears well up in his eyes. I was like, you are a fucking psycho. And then I was like I don't like your energy. You should leave now. And then he dapped me and walked away. And then I immediately called my friends and I was like, am I crazy? I'm not crazy? This nig's crazy. And then I had this whole conversation on Slack because Yo, Slack community. I'm loving Slack because I have all of the tribe over there just like giving me advice. I'm giving them advice. But anyway, I sent them what happened and they were like, yo, he's crazy. And then in the morning I get a text basically saying that he was drunk and that he doesn't remember anything that was said, but that he remembers. He disappointed me, and then I wrote to him. I said, I'm not disappointed. I just know where we stand. I'm cool. I hope you figure out whatever the fuck you need to figure out peace. And then he was like, well what did I say? And I was like, I'm not going to retell you what I said so that we can debate whether or not it's true. And he was like, well, I need it for point of reference, and I was like, point of reference. Don't fucking drink, don't invite people into your space around your birthday if you have trauma, and also maybe don't date at all until you figure out your traumas. Bye, am getting on a boat then, by I'm kidding. Yeah, Then I got on a boat that day with my fucking amazing tribe of people that are not negative and are positive and thought, huh.
Speaker 2: Don't need that person in my life.
Speaker 1: But more scary than anything is that before I got on this boat, my friend s Bashan came to my house because we're driving together and I hadn't been outside yet, and so he opens the door and he's like, Erica, why are there flowers on your window? And I was like, what are you talking about. He's like, there's sunflowers on your window. Now rewind like a week before this conversation where he was, you know, disrespectful. We went to the farmer's market and I casually said, like, I don't even I didn't even know if he heard me. Apparently he did, because you know, manipulators hear things because they know how to, like they pull things from like little things that you say to like make you feel like you're fucking crazy. And I was just like, oh my god, I love some flowers. Those are my favorite flowers. So fast forward to his spiral and then him delivering first of all, cheap assed sunflowers on my car. But I saw the sunflowers on my car and then I knew for sure, like you're absolutely crazy, and also this manipulation might work with certain women, and maybe it would have worked with me, like the four or five years ago, because there was something like when I saw the flowers, I was like oh, And I was like what, No, No, what the fuck? Hell? No? First of all, when did you come a.
Speaker 2: Little crazy the first when you told me the story? The first thing I thought, it's like, Oh, he's used to fucking with like dumb ass bitches. No, for sure, Like I know there's bitches are like, oh my god, why are you being mean to me? Like why are you treating me this way? What's wrong with you? Like no, uh uh nope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so mm hmm. That's done. But what was the point of Vie airing out this thing? Oh? Nothing to confirm that men are crazy.
Speaker 2: I I just wanted to say men still be acting crazy, and be careful. Be careful out there, ladies. They will trick you, and they will try you, and they will confuse the shit out of you. But we're here to tell you it's not you, it's them.
Speaker 1: You know what. It felt really good, And I've done this a few times over the last few years to just really flex my boundaries. It's my new favorite flex is like flexing my boundaries and the follow through, because the follow through is most important, and I'm following through. But when I told him you should go, I was like, I'm that bitch.
Speaker 2: And also, I want to be clear, I'm not saying only niggas be crazy, because I know these bitches be absolutely crazy too. So same goes for men. If you are dealing with some crazy bitches and they show you the signs that they're the fuck crazy, exit stage left immediately.
Speaker 1: Because also, Gemini matter are absolutely crazy. It's confirmed for me now, I know for sure that I will never ever, ever, ever, ever ever date a Gemini man. They are unstable humans unless they've had extensive therapy. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm half Gemini woman, but I'm not. I don't have any issues. I am perfectly perfect and healed. Anyway, I'm happy that I've just exposed me. I've persuaded you to tell your business. You want to pick a card for the tarots.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's pick a card. Okay, today's card is the page of swords.
Speaker 2: Tell us what the page of swords means? This Pagemilamia, okay, the Lucky the page of Swords. New ideas, curiosity, thirst for knowledge, new ways of communicating, flexing your boundaries, flexing your mother fucking boundaries. Okay, the page of Swords is full of energy, passion, and enthusiasm. When this card shows up in a tarot reading, you are bursting with new ideas and plans for the future. You may be excited about starting a new project, pursuing a new approach, or learning something new. I feel like we've got this recently. I think we did too. Should you pick another one? Alright?
Speaker 1: It comes up.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of ideas, so that would make perfect sense. The challenge, however, is whether you can keep it up. As with all pages, the beginning always looks promising, but you need something else to follow through and.
Speaker 1: Keep up The pace feels accurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are very eager to execute an idea that you have been having or someone else shared with you. You're quite passionate about it and you cannot wait to share the progress to others. It is time to be talkative, open up and talk about these ideas constructively. Hmmm cool, it's a birthing, birthing of ideas and partnerships.
Speaker 1: Sounds like what we do every week, story of our lives. What is today's affirmation? M Spirit? What will you deliver through me today? I feel like today's affirmation is don't be afraid to flex your mother fucking boundaries.
Speaker 2: Don't be afraid to flex your mother fucking boundaries. I am flexing my mother fucking boundaries. I am flexing my mother fucking boundaries.
Speaker 1: And I just want to say again that boundaries only work you have followed through. Guys, like, don't talk that shit and then don't be about that shit, like do it follow through. That's the hardest part. It's really easy to talk shit. It's really easy for me to say I'll never speak to this person again. And I'm not even saying I may never speak to this person again, like I may encounter him and I actually wish him a lot of love because I see a lot of light in him. But there's it's cloaked and darkness. And that's what I think I was like anytime I would see him, like show me some light, I'd be like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: But you got to follow through. The follow through is everything. So don't be afraid to flex those motherfucking boundaries and follow through.
Speaker 2: People respect the boundaries they have no choice to. People do not respect where they keep fucking with you. I'm fucking with you, and they just say, know they can, They just like throw you around like a back dog, like she'll be back, She'll be back, exactly. I've done that shit for many years. Erica is a firm boundary holder. I have not been, but I haven't always been either. I mean, I have not always been. And you know, today we are going to go down memory lane a little bit. Today.
Speaker 1: Me and Mila, you know, have been reflecting a lot on, you know, our history with sex. You know, at the beginning of this month, we shared our virginity stories and just how we got to where we are now and the journey, and so I've been reading my old JOT diaries and my follow through game was pretty weak.
Speaker 2: You know, it's even more interesting than revisiting our diaries. First of all, it's even more interesting because we're sitting here with our producer and apparently every teenager didn't fucking journal their life away, but apparently Erica and I did very early. But it's pretty interesting reading like revisiting our teenage and even fucking seven year old selves. And then also we're reading The Ethical Slut together right now, so it really does dice. It's caused me to dissect the things we've been taught our natural behaviors, even as children, Like even as children, like the natural like lustiness and the attraction and the things that we have as natural human beings, you know, and like obviously we're conditioned to certain certain ways as women and as boys, et cetera. But like reading The Ethical Slut and really dissecting the reasons in which like people have the belief systems that they believe, and like a lot of times why those relationships don't work out, and then coming to these our sex positive selves now is really a really good insight on the way we were taught and the things we believe and the things we're revisiting and reteaching ourselves for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean I was telling Meila, I was like, I think that I was an ethical slut off the bat, but they're an unethical slut. No, I was ethical. I was trying to figure out the ethics, but everyone was like shaming me and confusing the fuck out of me. But I think innately before someone told me what relationships are supposed to look like, Like even I was reading my seven year old notes to my about boys that I liked like. There was no judgment. It was just like I like him.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 1: Why can't I like him? We can like each other. Let's all hang out, you know, versus like I'm in love but maybe I'm not because I also love this boy. But maybe I don't love him because I can't love two people. It's not possible, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like, I know, I just read something else like and I love him because he's all mine and nobody else's Jesus Christy little Psycho twelve year old.
Speaker 1: If you don't, if you guys have to listen to our episode sledever whatever did we talk about that we're going to be actually doing a book club starting in July with the Ethical Sleds. We want to encourage you guys to purchase The Ethical Sled wherever you you know, buy books. It is the third edition that we're reading.
Speaker 2: It's a purple cover because they've added some things because it's been out for quite some time, like a decade, so they've added some pronouns and you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just up with the times and you know. And it's by hose By, it's by a Janet Hardy and Dossy Easton, and I just want to read the first page just so you guys get a little preview of what it is that we are diving into in July, and really like it's really like helping me understand where I'm at in my own views and relationship and also like where I us and all the things that people tell children, kids, mothers, all of them. So Paige one who is an ethical slut. Many people dream of having an abundance of love and sex and friendship. Some believe that such a life is impossible and settle for less than what they want, feeling always a little lonely, a little frustrated. Others try to achieve their dream but are thwarted by outside social pressures or by their own emotions, and decide that such dreams must stay in the realm of fantasy. A few, though, persist and discover that being openly loving, intimate, and sexual with many people is not only possible, but can be more rewarding than they ever imagined. People have been succeeding at free love for many centuries, often quietly without much fanfare. In this book, we will share the techniques, the skills, and the ideals that have made it work. For them. So who is an ethical slut? We are many many others are. Maybe you are too. If you dream of freedom, if you dream of intimacy both hot and profound, if you dream of an abundance of friends and flirtation and affection, of following your desires and seeing where they take you, then you've already taken the first step. So I'm in.
Speaker 2: Sign me up, DOSSI I'm in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I know. As I've read this book, it's been so interesting. They go through and they talk about all the myths around sex and just like even why marriage was created, which was really just survival and like meeting more people around to kind of like make sure everyone could eat.
Speaker 2: And oh and then there's a part in there they touch on like some history of sex. And one of the things that they touch on is during like Nazi times during the Holocaust, they were saying how they pushed for people not to have more sexual encounters and sexual experiences because they contributed that to having free thinking. The more in tune with your sexual desires you were and more likely you were to act on them, the more likely you were to think freely and then go against the powers that be which to me makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: There's this other I'm gonna read this one little part. I'm read two because there's they're important. I think they're talking about just like the psyche and like what happens what women are fed, and like basically they're just saying female sexuality is a commodity, and like commodities, it's made more valuable by its rarity. So a woman who shares sex widely is reducing her own market value, which literally is just how women are shamed constantly, constantly, like.
Speaker 2: We're like humans or something.
Speaker 1: Think about like when you first start having sex or like cooking up with boys and they want boys always ask how many people have you, like had sex with out hommy ho you made out with, and they like want an actual number because that's as.
Speaker 2: An adult niggas asking me that. I thought that.
Speaker 1: I think it kind of ended like around my in my mid twenties.
Speaker 2: I thought someone ask me as early as like thirty one, and he was obviously a child. I'm like negative, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, front, I'll say. And then there's also this idea that if you really are in love, you will automatically lose all interests in others. So basically, yeah, like, once you're in love, there's no more sexual attraction or more lusting over anyone else than if you do, then you're clearly not in love.
Speaker 2: And that's crazy, that's absolutely insane. I mean, yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I was an avid cheater early on, like when I first started dating.
Speaker 2: Same because a lot of us are because of these reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I think, I mean obviously daddy issues. I was definitely seeking attention in men and men might not men, let's get this straight, boys. Because I was I did, I wanted love. I didn't really know what it felt like to be loved by a man or a boy per se in any capacity. Really. My stepdad kind of came into my life around I would think I was like nine or ten. But like those like anchors and roots, they need to be put in there way before that, you know, and I never had that. And so when I started getting interested, when boy started getting interested in me, and I was a mature child, like not just physically because I was like my body matured rather quickly, but even in like my mindset. I think because my mom worked a lot and all the people that I was that were around me were always grown. So I was listening to a lot of adult conversations. People would always tell me how grown I was and like that. It was like a good thing, and so I like went with that even more, like I was like, oh, I'm mature, like you know, I think you have also like that's like kind of detrimental to children as well, like telling a child that, like, oh, you're so mature, you're so mature. I get it, Like yes, it makes it's this like badge like you're meaning like you are intelligent, are intelligent, or like you're not annoying. Basically you're not annoying. But for me, it was something that like I kind of wore like a badge like I am mature, like I can't.
Speaker 2: Ye like oh, like i'm sixteen, but no, don't worry, I'm a mature Like even when I was dating or fucking inappropriately men at sixteen, same thing, Like like I just you couldn't tell me that I was like the rest of the sixteen year olds by but proven by these fucking journals, clearly I.
Speaker 1: Was right right because you are you're a baby, but people are keep validating your maturity and then you start to believe it, and then you start wanting to partake in mature activities.
Speaker 2: I read I had done my natal chart like a while ago, and I remember I didn't even know a natal chart can like go this deep, but basically it said that, and it identify with this that whatever was going on in my house all that time, there was not a lot of attention on me, which was not My parents were obsessed with each other. My mom obsessed with my dad, Like it was like they were teenagers, but in they had a house and two kids. Literally they were just in their own world. And I remember the natal chart said you were always trying to like be heard and seen. So you've realized that talking eloquently, having adult conversations, adults would pay attention to you, and that's how you began to conduct your interactions by being smart and like being mature. Oh and I distinctly remember some bitch, dumb bitch my uncle was dating. My uncle was talking in the kitchen and like she started to curage and she's like, oh my god, I forgot I was talking to you like that. You're a kid. And of course I thought, like, yeah, I'm mature. And then inevitably people are like, oh, you're grown. You better watch her, she's grown, and.
Speaker 1: It starts to work against you.
Speaker 2: Well, you start to believe the things that people tell you, and like grown is a big like you know, they that's a big thing for girls. I've never heard a little boy be called grown. True, that's never been said, like and I don't even know if, like do white parents use the term grown. It's such a like it's like you grow, you grown, You better watch her. She fast, She's gonna be fast. And inevitably you begin to believe those things, like it's very important how you talk to your kids. Even I have to check myself about this, because you do begin to believe those things, and then you start dabbling in grown and fast shit. And I think it's a combination of two things, you know, or there's a lot of combinations of things. I think sometimes we are just born with Lesti's spirits, you know, or like more sexual than others for sure, you know. And then I think sometimes there's grown ups telling you shit that you begin to believe to yourself. And then sometimes there's like there's been something that's happened to someone you know, like you've been touched, ormalisted or stimulated in some ways, and so there are sexual things, but overall it's super important. Like I think this whole A lot of our shit from the show comes just comes naturally, but like this has been This wasn't obviously intentional, but this has been an interesting journey while reading our journals and by reading these books and really dissecting like the root of our our openness and how dedicated we are to constantly just reflecting and checking in on ourselves and like our relationship styles. I mean, if you've been listening to the show for like six months, you know this is a fucking constant thing. Am I open? Am I polly? Am I monogamous? Do I want to be married? Am I slut? Am I home? No? No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Am my partner and my secondary partner. I have a boyfriend and my unicorn. Oh we have boyfriends. Yeah, both of us. We're constantly figuring it out because we were told a lot of shit and we've believed a lot of shit. So congrats to you for continuously dissecting your sexuality.
Speaker 1: You too, you too. I you know, Mela, me and Meila are writing a book.
Speaker 2: We're writing a book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're writing a book and We'll share more about that later, but it's very exciting and it's been just really I've had to really reflect on my past and why I am who I am now and what brought me here, and reading these journals like really brought me back. And I've really been reflecting on that maturity aspect because literally, so I heard it so often like you're so mature, You're so mature, and then like my body matured and then they'd be really be like, wait, how old are you? You're thirteen? Oh, I thought you were eighteen, like twenty two, Like twenty year old men hitting on me when I'm in middle school, you know, and like I'm not interested in them. Like I was still immature in the ways that I liked boys my age, but I also liked knowing that I was grown, you know, and that I could navigate even with a little like younger boys even I'm a little bit more mature than you, oh for sure, you know, and like it's just crazy and.
Speaker 2: And the attention you get from that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, speaking of you know, going way back, way way back, I found a journal from nineteen ninety five. I found two journals. One had a lock on it because I'm a Scorpio child and I don't want no one reading my shit. And apparently I lost the key. Jamila had to bust the goddamn lock open. It was it was like it was a hello. It was a cropy sanrio crop too.
Speaker 2: The frog.
Speaker 1: So this one is from February second. Oh wow, there's band aids on here?
Speaker 2: What is this where you wanted to blackout?
Speaker 1: Oh? Like I did. Look, I used band aids to block out things and I didn't want people to read anyway. This one is from February second, nineteen ninety five. Dear Diary. Now that I'm in second grade, I still miss Max. He is so nice. He and my cousin He My cousin is also so nice, just like Max. I can't believe they're almost like twins. And I wish that I can see Max and my cousin David and play Nintendo with them. What would we play? This is the next day, Dear Diary. I wish Flora was a little nicer. So Flora is like my family member and also helps me with Iri. So she was my nanny when I was a child, and she's now my daughter's nanny. If you've been listening, for a while. Then you've heard me talked about Flora. But this is from ninety five, So, dear Diary, I wish Flora was a little nicer than she is right now, because last night I was mad. I wish I didn't have to clean my room and I was trying to play the piano overnight and it's really fun. But Flora was not being nice and Stephen and Jessica were pushing me. At school, I told the teacher and she got in trouble. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That was very very very very very funny. Today at my house, I wanted to make eggs, but Flora said no, I don't know what she's talking about. I know how to make eggs. I've made them before. Then I went upstairs and I almost broke my ankle because Rama, I think I almost broke my ankle. Also today, stupid Sean almost broke my ankle at school because he pushed me. Why are so many boys pushing me?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Why? As we got an argument, but then we made up. That's ninety five, Erica.
Speaker 2: Wow, it sounds very similar to twenty twenty one Erica.
Speaker 1: And apparently I also had friends right in my journal I.
Speaker 2: Have either day, did you tell the people that who were the two boys that you liked? When was your.
Speaker 1: Cousin Max and David? Max was No, David was my cousin. And I remember, like I literally remember I went to a wedding. I probably only met David like twice like that moment, but he's stuck in my memory for years. I remember loving David till I was like around nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, because you said you were dancing with them the dance.
Speaker 1: Right, So we went to the someone's wedding and like he was like the boy and he was dancing. We were dancing together, and that was my first time ever like playing with a boy and then being like huh, I like like you, like this is like not normal, Like this isn't the same as like last week when I was dancing with the other guy, Like this is like I like you? And I was obviously like yeah, like six or seven. Oh yeah, and my daughter is six right now?
Speaker 2: Well, I told you Luna has expressed for likings for a boy in her class because he acts like an adult. I like him because he acts aid and acts like an adult.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't want to know is that Aiden's mom. I'm like, you need to calm down. She's like, no, I don't like him. I just like him. I just want to be his friend. I'm like, okay, that's fine, but I can It's so where what is it start to turn? Because I remember having a crush on.
Speaker 1: My car the dance floor. Apparently I had a crush on.
Speaker 2: My cousin too, because he was cute. I guess I thought he was a little older than me.
Speaker 1: Is with incestual love.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the first access you have. You gotta do what you gotta do. You gotta find the attractions. You cousin come over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I just remember David. I remember Max. I remember Max. We played at the park one time, and I think we played twice ever in life. But you would have thought Max and I knew each other for years, like because I literally thought about Max every day. I remember like lusting over him, but not lusting like I want to even Like it wasn't even like I wanted to kiss him. He was just ever wanted to be around him. I just wanted to hang out with him. I wanted to talk to him.
Speaker 2: I remember feeling that way about a little girl who was still like I grew up with her, but I remember thinking like, I can't wait to get back over there. I must see Asia. You know it really makes me this most these conversations, mostly when I'm looking for what is the moment in which bitches start acting crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you it's obsessed. Let me tell you when I started acting crazy. I have a habit in my journal right here.
Speaker 2: Please tell me what I think.
Speaker 1: It was probably also ninety five, so I didn't put the date, but handwriting looks similar. Okay, actually looks still better. It might be end to ninety five, Dear Carmen. So this is I'm writing to my friend in my own diary, Dear Carmen. When I was in first grade. Okay, yeah, I was six. When I was in first grade, Stephen liked me and I liked him. But then my friend Brenda said he likes Jessica. I don't like Jessica. She's mean. I never liked her. She always uses me, fucking Jessica.
Speaker 2: Oh that's when we start cutting bitches for guys like, oh fuck you, Jessica. You like him too. I just I really want to know at what point do women like, is it the Disney movies? What the fuck? Because every single fucking journal entry for like fifteen years, it's like Thomas Danian boys Boys Boys, Boys, Boys, Boys kiss hug, good boys. He came over boys boys Boy. I'm like, what the fuck is happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to read some boy journals.
Speaker 2: There are none. They don't give a fuck. They're playing basketball and scratching their balls, jacking off. Bitches are reacting crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. If I have a son, I'm definitely getting my journal and making them right so that I can do a case study.
Speaker 2: It's a great idea. We might need to get pregnant just for that.
Speaker 1: Does any do any listeners have any sons that write in journals share their entries. Oh that was another thing because so while I was going through my journals and I was talking to Mela, because Mila shared before like she has a lot of trauma about like her parents and people reading her journals and like our exes reading her journals and just like not feeling safe in the space that you felt safest. And I was like, so Iri has a journal, and like so does Luna, Like are we gonna read their journals?
Speaker 2: And she was like, we have to fucked up.
Speaker 1: I was like, what are we gonna cause the same trauma? We like repeating the trauma. But I'm like, you're right, like I need to know what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're gonna read them, but we're gonna not act like we read them.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's what our parents thought they were gonna do too.
Speaker 2: Now our parents are different, our parents are not. I mean, I'm reading some of this shit, and apparently I must have really dug my trauma deep into a black hole that I've forgotten about, because I mean, I remember hating living in my household and thinking it can't wait till I get the fuck out of here. But these are like even more clear that my parents were paying me absolutely no attention. So I'm like, oh, this is October eighth, two thousand and four, so what like seventeen years ago?
Speaker 1: Some shit?
Speaker 2: I get you, really, sixteen, dear journal, It's been a while anyway. Shit seems to never go well with me right now. It seems as though everybody in my house is a stick up their ass, and I'm irritated of everybody doing damn there nothing sitting around bitching about everything. You talk back, You're disrespectful. How the fuck you expect me to respond when all you do is scream and complain? And I'm not mean and I don't have an attitude until someone gives me a reason have one. And fuck that. You're sixteen. I don't need to talk to you. Bullshit. Fuck you if I was five. It's the same shit. Don't expect what you don't give. This is me. I'm the same exact time. I can't stand being here. Sometimes I want to run away. I can't wait till I move out. I won't be coming back. So I thought, I can't read that because my dad will go to jail more trauma. I've forgotten about gonna give him. I'm gonna give him a pass on that one. And on top of that, me and Thomas, I don't know. He can't use the phone at his house. He won't buy one, so if he doesn't go to work, we won't speak. It's frustrating when you need someone, where the hell are they? It's hard, even though it's it's somewhat out of his hands. He gets these fucking mood swings and starts. Oh my god, I've been loving niggas. It's smooth sings since the fucking early two thousands, bringing up all these necessary people from my past. And he's like, why won't you be with him? Or you're a liar When we don't talk, you know, it's like you're talking to guys, and and he does this a lot, a lot out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Basically he basically he's shaming you.
Speaker 2: He's slept shaming me early. I yeah, Uh his name Thomas Thomas.
Speaker 1: Where's Thomas at now?
Speaker 2: Oh? He's not doing well. That's the one I told you I saw digging in the trash can on Ventura. He started using drugs and he had a lot of trauma that I was aware of. And now I believe he's on the streets. Thomas, I'm gonna have to tell a Luna about that. Let me tell you how your first loves change tremendously. Okay, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. Oh wait, hold on, He says, at least Nat was honest, at least Chanelle was appreciative, Like, damn, leave me feeling insecure. If they're all these things that I'm not, then why the fuck are you with my ass? Then he's confusing the hell out of me. Then ten minutes later he apologizes and says he didn't mean it, but too late. But I've already heard how great these bitches were and it ain't easy to forget. So now I keep comparing myself, feeling insecure as hell.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, we.
Speaker 2: Haven't really seen each other, and shit just isn't going smoothly between us as of now. Don't get me wrong, I'm always here to make shit work on this relationship because I love him and I know there's nobody else for me. So I'm patient with our situations because he's patient with me.
Speaker 1: But I just don't sound doesn't sound patient at all.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like that at all, Jamila. But I just want to make him happy. I don't want him depressed or feeling alone or unhappy. He says that a lot. I'm just not happy the past year, blah blah blah, Like damn, I haven't done shit.
Speaker 1: About you.
Speaker 2: I just want to be the cure to all his problems in pain and make everything right. Good night. WHOA, I need therapy. I still need fucking therapy.
Speaker 1: I want to be the cure to all his problems and pain.
Speaker 2: Good night, can I talk to you roun the cancer of my I'm such a cancer Jesus. You know, one of the most common DMS we get is always about how to introduce yourself to weed. I know this is big scary thing, especially as a mom or as a parent. We have all this stigma around it. But like we always say, we have the most stress, and it's hard for us to give you, you know, top notch weed advice because we live in LA and we've kind of found our way on our own, because we've had the grace to really have trial and error.
Speaker 1: You know what. I love that this book by Danielle Simone Brand really covers all of the bases. It's called Weed Mom, The Canny Curious Woman's Guide to healthier relaxation, happier parenting, and chilling the fuck out.
Speaker 2: I really love this book because it not only touches on like everything you need to know about weed, but also just the basics about THHC, about CBD, about what to look for at the dispensary, and it kind of gives a lot of tips about how to chill the fuck out. I think as moms it's hard to just relax and feel guilt free and indulging, and Danielle really breaks down like how cannabis can enhance your life, even your sex life and self care. And I just I love this book so much because she's even given me a better outlook on my cannabis use and a better way to understand it and even you know, tell my talk to my friends and family about my cannabis use.
Speaker 1: So make sure you go check out her book. You can find it on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, and even online at Walmart.
Speaker 2: Get weed Mom in a store near you, and we'll be doing a book club with weed Mom in August, so be sure to get it so you can read along with us and we can discuss it and we can dive into this because it's time for moms and weed to be destigmatized.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you know, I you know, I told you that I linked up with a unicorn for me and my man, right, I know. And most amazing thing ever is usually when you're looking to seek a threesome, it's hard to find where to find a third person. But field app made it so easy. We found a girl we liked, we messaged for a little bit, and we went out last week.
Speaker 1: That's so sexy.
Speaker 2: It's super sexy and super fun, and I'm really excited to see where this triangle love goes.
Speaker 1: I love Field because it's for anyone, whether you're into vanilla sex, kinky sex, thirty some sex, group sex, all the sexes. They have every single kink you could possibly imagine. On this app. You will fulfill your fantasies and.
Speaker 2: You will find your community.
Speaker 1: You'll find your community and fulfill all your fucking fantasies, literally fucking fantasies. And here's some great news you guys. You can download the Field app for free and support our show by using the link in this episode's description.
Speaker 2: Just click the link in our episode to get the Field app for free today. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I also re along with the fact that I was boy crazy as well, that I was an early manifestor. I didn't realize I was manifesting, but as I read my journal, like page by page, there were things that I would say that I wanted and then like twenty pages in, I had, but I never acknowledged it because I was always so fucking hard on myself. I was always felt like I wasn't doing enough, even in like my talents, like there was I had this whole chap, like this whole like long thing I'm not going to read, it's so fucking long, basically saying that like I booked this film and I was in Atlanta, and I was feeling so insecure, and that I didn't feel like I deserved to be there, and that I didn't work hard enough even though I fucking booked it and I was there, like and that like I didn't deserve it, and that I needed to move to New York and then I needed to go take classes in New York so that I can be better. And then what did I do? I moved to New York and I took classes to be better. Still never acknowledged that I did. That. Still was hard on myself, Like even said, there was a one passage where I was saying that, like I can't wake to move out of my mom's house. I just don't want to go back to college. I hate college.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping something comes up.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping something comes up. And then like a month later, I'm on tour with Macy Gray. It was just like not realizing that like everything that I was writing was somehow manifesting, even though I didn't believe it, which let me know how powerful I was, even though I was like contradicting myself constantly, and now no, and now like being the manifestor that I am and that we are like and being in a positive space and seeing how positive thoughts, how quickly they materialize, you know, I wish That's why I'm so excited to be encouraging that and Irene now, you know, like and really putting a word to it and giving her like a toolbox so she understands like what it is that she's doing, because I didn't realize what I was doing. I also I didn't realize how incredibly insecure I was.
Speaker 2: I mean, clearly I was too. Natalie and that bitch Chanel were just making me feel incredibly insecure. I've been leting niggas make me feel insecure for his centuries. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: There was this poem that I read, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, my favorite Erica has a long I have to go to my mom's house and refurbish some journals. But Erica has a long, twenty year bid of journals over here, and I'm kind of jealous of my trauma. I realized that a lot of my writing trauma that I developed a secret language because I'm a psycho and writing was such an important part of my childhood and a part of my channeling my feelings and being like therapizing. It's crazy how like time it's all the same, you know, Like, essentially, I stopped writing a lot because I've had like four hundred instances where my parents, my teachers and people I was fucking read my journals. I was probably cheating, they found out. And so during my pregnancy and during that time where I really wish I had record, I was so terrified to write because my baby daddy read all my shit. But I see how like the talking on the podcast kind of has facilitated that same thing. And even right now as we're writing a book, as we have this grand, amazing opportunity to write this book, and we've i mean, I've questioned it, like how the fuck am I writing a book? I'm an author, I'm having the opportunity to write a book, even though it clearly I had been authoring for four hundred years. But there's that questioning of it, you know. But like this, even these journals are a manifestation of what the fuck we're doing right now it's crazy. But anyway, I'm really jealous that you have vivid memories of your pregnancy and that relationship that I was too afraid to have. Are you going to share your poem or which one?
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna before I go to the poem, because the poem was about my baby daddy and social media because Instagram started and then I was tripping. But this was actually the person I lost my virginity too. So this person, his name was Kyle, and he went to the all boy high school behind my house. And you would have thought I knew him for a long time, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, I've teenage. In teenage years, a week is.
Speaker 1: Like four months at least. So I actually had a boyfriend at the time that I was with and we had been together for like nine months, and like we'd never had sex, of course, like we'd like made out. He like fingered me. Maybe I like gave a blowjaw, because like when you're in like eighth grade at a private school, if you're not occasionally giving blowjobs and you're prude and nobody wants to be proved.
Speaker 2: I don't think I gave blue jobs when I don't think I gave blow jobs, and thirteen.
Speaker 1: I gave like one or two.
Speaker 2: It was occasional ocrobably. I was like, I might have waited till.
Speaker 1: I remember my first blowjob. It was in Oh my, I don't remember. It was behind the alley in Santa Monica. Like, oh God, this is so sad. I'm sorry, mom, Jesus Christ is so sad. Also, this goes along with my like virginity story where I lost my virginity in the backyard and a shed, like just not beautiful moments that you'd hope your child would have when like having these moments, Like God. Anyway, this is from February fourteenth, Valentine's Day, two thousand and three. Hey baby, what's up? I'm just was this is z was up? I'm just writing this letter to say Happy Valentine's Day. Damn, I can't believe it's already been a year that I've been knowing you. Oh no, this is this is an old one. I remember last year you wrote me a letter, so I thought I'd write you one this time. This time last year, I was with that nigga Aaron, and of course tripping over yos and then we all know what happened the day after Valentine's Day, and it's literally a picture a stick figure of people fucking.
Speaker 2: One stick figure benover went behind the other stick. I don't think I've also ever made stick figures in that figurine. The boy you were a freak.
Speaker 1: Lol, too bad this V Day you were sick aka cheating. Anyways, after all that went down, I was sprung on you and then the drama began. Let me refresh your memory, and then I underlined Megan, Damn, that was messed up. But it's cool because I got me a boyfriend, even though you think he looks like a gargoyle. Oh yeah, I did have a boyfriend. I had another boyfriend at this time too. Because Kyle wouldn't commit to me. He was like the private school all boy ho I. I wanted to lock him down. I was going to make him settle down, because that's what bitches do. We will settle down. That guy that will not settle down.
Speaker 2: Is that a part of our like like our DNA manifesto, because I feel like like that's just our goal in life.
Speaker 1: And Kyle kept trying to tell me he wasn't going to settle down like he was actually an ethical slut. Okay, then you and her breakup, and Carrie and I break up, and now we're back to where we started, which I think is a good thing because I missed you. Man. I'm also writing this letter to say thank you for listening to all my shit with Carrie that I know you didn't want to hear, but listened. Anyways, anyway, back to the subject of Valentine's Day, which I guess symbolizes love. I also wanted to let you know I love you and have loved you for a while, but you already knew that. Just thought i'd tell you again. You mean so much to me, and I hope that we stay knowing each other for a long time because maybe one day we can turn what we have into more. That's really up to you, because you're the one who doesn't want to ruin what we have, which I understand. But anyways, Happy Valentine's Day, baby, Love Always, Erica Psycho very confusing, I go this was the vol did I not? Maybe I didn't give him these letters. I don't know why I have these letters that I did not give them to him. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're just getting your feelings out this one.
Speaker 1: Was from the year before before. This is the when I read him before I wrote him before I lost my virginity, because I was going back and forth and saying that I really like my boyfriend, that he's done nothing wrong, and I really like him, but I also like you. And that was me trying to be an ethical slut and telling him like, look, I really like you, but I also like this guy, but like I can't stop thinking about you, so maybe we should just hang out and like just take it slow. And then literally twenty four hours later, I lost my virginity to.
Speaker 2: Him, Let's take a bolt, here's my ass.
Speaker 1: There, you go, meet me in the shed. Yeah, it's so interesting to read that, And you know, that was a really defining moment in my life, him losing my virginity and then him like being really careless with that, like he didn't really give a fuck. And not only that was I think I shared too that when I lost my virginity, I didn't bleed and he didn't believe that I was a virgin and it's kind of like shamed me, and I thought there was something wrong with me, Like why didn't I bleed? Is my pussy broken? Like what the fuck, and not having anyone to really talk to anybody about that with except maybe like my thirteen year old friends who obviously don't know shit about cherry popping and virginity. When really I wish I would have been able to ask my mom now, I really wish I could have been able to be like, Mom, look this happened. I know you're not gonna love it, but like, is my pussy broken?
Speaker 2: Mom? I just need to know this guy told me my pussy's broken? Is it true?
Speaker 1: Or no? Okay?
Speaker 2: Thanks? But he said that I had sex? Did I? I'm confused?
Speaker 1: Well, because then I kind of like then I started seeking I literally would have sex with people sometimes to just I needed to get validated to know that my pussy was good because of that trauma, because I was like, is it not good? Does that not mean it was good? And he said I was experienced. He said I seemed experienced and that I didn't belied, and so basically I lied and that I probably wasn't a virgin was shaming.
Speaker 2: I could see where my like Thomas not leving me back. I started to be like, fuck niggas, fuck niggas, fuck them on, I don't need them and then I started acting crazy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of crazy, I'm just gonna go read this last poem. This is my last entry, guys, and you can't wait for me to read all my.
Speaker 2: Diary entries specifically for this.
Speaker 1: But I did, like when me and my baby daddy started dating, I started, I didn't write as much. There were moments that I wrote, but I remember distinctly when Instagram was created and I started posting and he started posting, and at the time, like, you know, no, I think. I don't think anyone had a lot of followers. But I had moved to New York. Actually we had broken up. I had moved to New York, and he was like claiming he loved me still and wanted me back, and I was just so annoyed, and I was like, why don't you ever post me on Instagram? And so I wrote this poem to express myself. And it goes a little something like this January twentieth, twenty fourteen. It seems petty, but it's not. It makes me feel small. So stop, am I a secret? Like the thoughts you go to sleep with? We had this talk before social media and whoores I know you think it's silly. My friends ask what's the dally, so post my picture? Let them know you my nigga, ain't afraid to show post my picture just one time. Let these girls know you are mine. End.
Speaker 2: That was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Did he post my picture?
Speaker 2: No, I posted your picture every day.
Speaker 1: But the needing of the validation, like I needed him to validate me publicly. I needed him to you know what. I think part of it too is like even with the guy that I lost my virginity to, he never validated me publicly either, Like we never he was never my boyfriend. It was never like we were never linked together, and like I wanted so desperately to be like him, to call me his. And I think that's why I also became addicted to relationships. I was a serial relation in the past. I've been a serial relationship person because it gave me the validation of like, I'm yours and you want me to be yours, and you're gonna tell people that I'm yours and you're gonna post it on Instagram, God damn it, Facebook, and also friends her.
Speaker 2: Friend validation is super important. I'm realizing because I'm reading this shit and it's like, oh, he was nice to me. I'm in love. I'm sure it's love, but I'm also reading my parents were disrespectful to me, and they didn't tell me nice things, and they were like always criticizing me, criticizing me, criticizing me, And clearly the criticizing caused me to seek any type of affirmation and validation from niggas, and when they didn't do that, I'm like, what the fuck? And I'm just searching for this validation. But like how we talk to our kids is important and vital because those they will go search for that shit elsewhere, and even if it is an empty well of fucking compliments.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why the the father role is so important to girls. It's so fucking important, and like it's something that like I, you know, my co parenting situation is what it is, and you know, I wish that we were closer, and I wish that I could, I don't know, just give him some perspective on like certain things that are that like I wish that I had as a young girl that I would have heard from my father, Like, your father is supposed to be the first person that validates you, not some stupid ass little boy you know who doesn't even know what the fuck that means. And it's not even the little boy's fault. You know, he doesn't know.
Speaker 2: He's learning too, right, He probably is experiencing fucking trauma in his own house.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's just so important, like the role that dads play in daughters' lives, because my dad was literally not around at all, and so I was constantly trying to like, I remember feeling like, oh, that's what that feels like. Oh I like that, Oh okay, And I just want my like my daughter to a be able to come to me, whether she loses her virginity in a shed or not, and be able to talk to me about it, and like, obviously I might be disturbed, but I would much rather just take it on the chin and be able to have that conversation with her than like her never speak to me about sex again and then in such a toxic, unhealthy way sleep with way too many people in closets at parties, in weird spaces, trying to search for some sort of like fulfillment. Okay, Amy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Reading, Oh my god, this is kind of traumatic. I'm reading When I got an abortion when I was sixteen, in how my parents weren't supportive, and it's like throughout this entire time, from the day I found out I was pregnant, all I needed was support through my friends and Thomas. I received that. There's nothing more I could have asked for. It's the most stressful and hardest, most painful event of my life thus far, and quite honestly, after the way you've reacted this is to my parents, I'm still glad I didn't inform you the day first day, because had I, you would have added to the guilt I was already feeling. You made a comment saying I told my mom most recently and she got so pissed.
Speaker 1: She got pissed.
Speaker 2: Did you remember she denied it. She said I would never say that. But the proofs here says you made a comment saying you don't care to just throw your baby in the trash the day after I had an abortion. You have no idea how much that hurts or how that makes me feel. This event has really made me feel as though in the future had something just as draststick come up in my life. No, I honestly wouldn't tell you based off how you dealt with this situation. Because of this, you're gonna take away my privileges to leave the house, see my friends and my boyfriend. You think because I'm having sex that every time I leave the house that's what I'm gonna do, or every time I go somewhere I'm lying so I can be with Thomas to go have sex for you probably, Well, No, I don't lie about who I'm with or where I'm at. I'm very honest about those things. I've been honest, and I don't think it's fair that because now you know I'm sexually active, you're gonna lock me up, because honestly, that only leads to more lying. There are girls that go to my school and have sex in the church because it's empty after school. I know of girls super sexual acts behind trees, people have sex anywhere. I'm not one of those people. I was, but I'm trying to make you understand that that shouldn't be an issue. And as far as my grades go, they're not horrible, but I admit second semester they could have been better. But it seems now that now that you know I'm involved with Thomas on a sexual level, you're blaming my grades on that. Just to remind you, Thomas and I have been dating for almost a year, and first semester I was doing just fun. It's no surprise that doing second semester my grades seem to drop because it's the end of the year. But that's my fault, and I'm going to change that this year by staying up throughout the entire year. When I set my mind to do something, I'm going to do it because I know I'm capable of it.
Speaker 1: Better talk that shit.
Speaker 2: I need you to understand that I'm taking that taking away privileges isn't the appropriate response to this particular situation my parenting skills at sixteen. Honestly, I need you to be here for me and support me, not putting me down or making me feel guilty. It's heart already as it is for me to be here for the same reasons. But I live with you. You're my mom. It means the most coming from you.
Speaker 1: You know. It's so crazy, like kids literally telling their parents what they need from.
Speaker 2: Them and they're like fuck and their parents are like, no.
Speaker 1: No, fuck that you don't need that, and it's like you're literally saying like, if you just created this space, I would be able to tell you, and I would I want that. Please give me that, please, please, And I would tell that to my mom too. I'd be like, why don't you think I tell you anything? Because every time I tell you, you get upset and then she would be like, you're being dramatic, and then she would get upset and then I'd be like, this is why I'm not telling you shit. It's like I don't know what it is. And I have to check myself too, because it keeps going to cycle where parents literally forget what it was like to be kids. And I don't care what they say. They say they do remember they don't, or they choose or they just choose not to, or they get too emotional because it's their kids, you know. And I get it, like I get I get that. I think I don't actually get it all the way yep, because my daughter's only six and she has yet to tell me she's had sex and a shed. But but like, I hope that I can just remember these moments, and like, I want to encourage you guys. If you guys are at home, and you guys are journalers when you were a kid, go back and read your journals. You might be surprised about the things A that you forgot the maturity level in which you had in some cases. I mean, obviously you're a child, and the ways that even your parents overcrossed your boundaries, you know, because kids are not allowed to have boundaries for some reason, right, Like you're not allowed to have boundaries, You're not allowed to have privacy. Like it's traumatizing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm right home able more. I know, it's really making me crazy. I think if I don't get out of the hell out of my house soon, I'm going to have a nervous fucking breakdown for real. It's like a struggle you can't win or even fight. Ah. It's like when you push the gas and end up on the same spot. It's like I want to come up for air, but I can't. It's a suffocating situation. You make me feel lonely and ashamed to be me, afraid to recognize my own feelings. You make me feel like I don't know if this is about a nigga or my mom. I feel like my dreams will never amount. You make me feel like who I am is not who I'm planned on me being. I'll finish tomorrow, can I I'm too tired to talk to complain any longer. It's true. And you know what, even like reading the Ethical Slut and having this conversation, I guess like the bottom fucking line of the world is niggas be honest with your kids and with yourself and with the people you're fucking because at the end of the day, it's still what the truth is. And like, if your kids can't be honest with you, if you can't be honest to yourself, if you can't be honest with your kids about the shit that you've done, they won't be honest to you. And this fucked up cycle continues and continues and continues because people are afraid and ashamed to just be who the fuck they are teenager seven years old?
Speaker 1: Another read your journals, guys, if you did it, read your journals and reframe your parenting based on your journals.
Speaker 2: And actually, I take it back, I'm not gonna read my kid's journal because me developing this entire language that I'm going to have to transcript later, it is gonna I'm not gonna do this to her because there's obviously trauma in the pudding.
Speaker 1: Ah well, what that said, do we have time for horror stories? I mean, or is this do we have any time for Let's just do one? Should we do one?
Speaker 2: Just do one quickly?
Speaker 1: I think that you know we asked you guys at the beginning of the month to send in your virginity stories, and some of them were horse stories. So I feel like this is a good What am I trying to say? These are good ones? Okay? So how did you lose your virginity?
Speaker 2: Whose?
Speaker 1: Stories? On a bathroom floor? At fourteen? I believe my introduction to sex shaped my overall relationship with sex. It wasn't about me, it didn't feel good. I didn't have a voice. I was there for someone's use, and I was too young to understand that I wasn't valuing myself and that it was supposed to be special and even an impactwing experience. While I enjoy sex now, I'm still being forced to re examine my relationship with it and approach it in a way that makes me actually feel empowered. This Woor story is after a college party, my two friends and I decided to go back to the dorms with these three guys that we knew. We paired off and started making out with the guys, and then someone yelled switch, so we switched makeup partners. But the last switch, I was paired up with my crush and decided not to miss out on the opportunity and chose him to be my first YEP, I lost my virginity in a dorm room with a few of my college friends switching. He was fine as fuck and I was having the best time.
Speaker 2: You know, I think sometimes we put too much pressure on the virginity breaking. I think I'm gonna I'm gonna tell Lena it's important, like it's important. But like I think movies and shit put too much pressure on it. I told you, like I lied for years about where I left. I had lost my virginity because I was ashamed that I did with some random assnaket. But like I've survived.
Speaker 1: This one is a true horror story. Where'd you lose your virginity? Ugh in the back of a car, bled everywhere, and then he told the entire school. Then someone spread a rumor I had aids what it was traumatizing.
Speaker 2: Kids are terrible people.
Speaker 1: What the fuck Aids?
Speaker 2: It's only std they knew.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay. Last one, I was about fifteen and we were dating as far as I was concerned you and oh my god, yes, I love how we you're my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It was in the car and it was horrible. It lasted maybe five minutes, and his dick was super small. I didn't even feel the dick, just pressure that small to this day, one of the worst experiences I've ever had. Then he had the nerve to play me and started dating my friend, but he gave her an STD so I guess she got the karma.
Speaker 2: You one, Okay, Well, that's it, Okay, I have one. One time I snuck over Thomas's house that I was in love with at that time. And when I say sneak, I mean take the bus four hundred miles to Devonshire and I don't even know where, just go to his fucking house and back and lie and say. I was in dance practice and he was living with this friend of his and his dad and his dad's sons and daughter. And I was supposed to be over there. And guess why while we were middle fucking because I was also wearing like lingerie underneath my uniforms because I was a progressive teenage slut. And the dad came home and this nigga is like get in the closet, and I was like so scared to get caught because just I don't know this Nigga's dad and he was a dad, had this deep ass floors. I had to get in the closet, jump off the dick, get in the closet, and I can hear him like, oh the fuck is in my house. I was like shaking in the closet and then he opened slides to the closet rope and I was like, get out of the closet. It's okay, just get out the closet. I was like fucking traumatizing. I mean, I mean, I was my virginity.
Speaker 1: But did you walk to the bus back or what? How'd you get home?
Speaker 2: I had you had to get home. I had to get on the bus back. But I was going through great lengths to get the dick, hiding in closets, getting cursed up by people's parents. But I just remember being so scared and ashamed, but still getting the dick committed. We don't have to do this more often. We have so many entries. I know, I didn't we get to dissect this good enough.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, you guys, maybe we'll do another episode full of diary entries specific to different topics, because I have a lot of different topics, have many many topics.
Speaker 2: Get your book, Get Ethical Slut, the Purple version, the newest edition, so you can read it along with us. Eric and I will be in Travels in the Jungle. So if you have not followed our Instagram, this is a good time good moms underscore bad choices. We will be in the jungle in Costa Rica, writing a book and getting into shit, so makes she follows on Instagram. Also, please rate and review this episode because it matters. And you just listen to this whole shit for free, so that's free. Do it.
Speaker 1: And also, we're going to be in New York the first week and second week of July, so we are planning a little meet up with our New York tribe, so look out for that. I'm really excited to finally get back to New York. The last time we were in New York was right before COVID. We had an amazing dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh we're trying to do a part two of that dinner. If you were at the first dinner in twenty twenty, please reach out to us via DM again because we're gonna do it again. Yeah, it's I think if we should just close it for those people, like just those people, those people who were there last year. I mean that, I don't know, whatever, We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Hit us up, Hit us up. And if you haven't joined our Slack community, our message board, please please do so. You know, I noticed that I posted something on Instagram the other day and that was kind of triggering for certain moms that I feel like they don't have a tribe. You know, I totally understand that, like meeting new moms and meeting new parents can be really intimidating. And that's why this community is so important, because we have people in there from all over the United States that want to connect. They want to meet other moms in their city.
Speaker 2: And they're if they fuck with us, they're open minded, cool, chill mom. So that's the whole point.
Speaker 1: Right, And so we actually have a channel on Slack where you can drop where you're at, where you live and connect with the mom in your city. And that's what this whole thing is about. So make sure you join Patreon so that you can get a link into our Slack community. And I love you guys, right, this socord let's says
Speaker 2: Ranza.