Speaker 1: Welcome to jag Zam. I'm kind of Annie.
Speaker 2: Stephen, Brian Sexton, and John Oser are with me today. It's the third week of OTAs here in Jacksonville. We are inching closer to actual football, but for right now, just helmets and shorts as we watch them at practice, try to get a little bit of an idea of what this new team is going to look like. Let's start out with our big things. Big thing number one is red zone work.
Speaker 1: We see a ton of that.
Speaker 2: We try to make a lot of those situations and what they do in that exactly. But what we heard from Liam Cohen yesterday was about what he's seen from Trevor Lawrence so far in the red zone.
Speaker 3: He's actually done a really nice job in the red zone. Really looking back to the first time that we did it last Friday, when we did it, I think he made some quick decisions. You know, everything is sped up in the red air area, when the timing, the rhythm, the space, it's all tighter, it's all sped up. I thought he's done a nice job with his footwork in the red zone, understanding that concept.
Speaker 2: Ryan red zone, third down, in the red zone, all problem areas for this team last year. A lot of that is going to be on Trevor Lawrence's shoulders to deal with going forward.
Speaker 4: Good to see so far, well, yeah, absolutely, and you would expect as he goes into his fifth season that every facet of his game, especially those money zone games, you know, win the red zone, would be important to him. Two guys though, that I am watching in the red zone this year Brent Strange, the tight end who has great leaping abilities we've seen in the past and a guy with really good hands. And also Tank Bigsby, right, I mean, if the Jaguars are going to and people say, well, what about Brian Thomas and what about the Travis Hunter. But there's two guys I think that will help the quarterback more than anyone else, and that is Tank's ability to punch it in and Stranger's ability to get open while other people are focused on number seven or number twelve. If those two guys can lift their game in the red zone, I think it'll help Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it should overall be a better red zone team. For one of the guys that Brian mentioned as well, Brian Thomas Junior. I think he's going to continue to be more of a go to guy there. Look, you're at the point now in OTAs and with a new regime where they've been around these players for a while. My understanding is the last couple of weeks Trevor Lawrence has really impressed.
Speaker 6: The people who are working with them.
Speaker 5: Not that they didn't expect to be impressed, but you're at that point now, Brian, where there's two or three months in. They're getting a feel for study habits, they're getting a feel for want to work ethic. Those are all things that when people come in they want to know about a guy. You can hear it, but you got to see it high end stuff from Trevor Lawrence. I my understanding he's improved dramatically the last couple of weeks in terms of what they want from him. So Red Zone's part of that, but overall, Uh, the last couple of weeks have been really encouraging for the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Very good switch to the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Our second sig thing today is gonna be weigh and we've made note of it here on this program. Some of the defensive players have lost weight. They look significantly a little bit more athletic, out there. Josh Heinz Allen talked yesterday about what's going on with him.
Speaker 7: You know, my mindset was always you know, to be as dominant, but you know it was a little obviously holding a little bit more weight kind of you know, puts a.
Speaker 6: Little bit more wear and tear on the body.
Speaker 7: And just you know, it was a lot too much. Again, learn to adapt, got to know know what works that's for you. Something I tried and something that I'm like, alright, I probably don't want to do that again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John Josh said yesterday he played at two eighty five last year.
Speaker 1: He doesn't wanna do that again.
Speaker 2: I think just from what we've seen, he looks a little bit more healthy, says he's feeling better. Does this mean we're gonna see some better play from him too?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Where start here? Look, a lot of guys were asked to put on weight last year. Last year is behind them, but it's pretty clear that that did not work. This regime is taking the approach of they want these guys feeling as good as they feel physically going in. Whether that's a two sixty five to eighty five to eighty five for Josh Allen, I think everybody watching last year saw that Devin Lloyd was ballooned up, Josh Allen was ballooned up, and you sort of thought, Okay, what's going on.
Speaker 6: Uh, they tried something last year.
Speaker 5: It clearly didn't work, and Brian, they're being as nice as possible. That's Josh's nice way of saying, thank god, I don't have to do that again. Right.
Speaker 4: There are players that add weight. There's a story about the Ravens pass rusher today adding twenty pounds to his frame because he wanted to be stronger when the season got into the November and December range. So guys try it, they go up. And both of those guys looked good last year in terms of physically they were impressive. But Josh was two sixty five the year before when he had seventeen and a half sacks and set the single season franchise record. So clearly finishing was trouble last year for him because at two eighty five he this didn't feel it.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 4: As I look around the NFL, how many pass rushers are fifteen sack guys in the two hundred.
Speaker 6: And eighty eighty five range?
Speaker 4: Not many? I mean, Miles Garrett stands out as a guy who can play fast and explosive weighing that much, but most of the rest of the guys are in the two sixty five range. So the smile on both Trayvon's face last week and Josh yesterday when they talked about being able to play back down two sixty five two seventy, I think tells the whole story.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ka, it seemed like last year's philosophy was if it ain't broke ad weight, which was.
Speaker 6: They're not doing that again.
Speaker 5: I have every confidence that you will see a motivated fit Josh Allen and Trayvon Walker and again minunderstanding is this new regime and it takes time for new people, even when you've heard about people to get used to it. They love what they've seen from Josh and Drama absolutely.
Speaker 2: Our final big thing today is going to be twelve on defense. We know that track Tunner is going to play both ways. Primarily he will be featured as a wide receiver as far as open practices. So far in OTAH we haven't seen him play defense. He has been a part of some of the defense on different days of OTAs, and head coach Leen Cohen talked about what he's seen.
Speaker 3: We were in the red area last on Friday and didn't end up making any like plays on the ball, but just the movement skills and some of the man coverages, the feel and zone, you can definitely see how natural it is for him. Still learning, still growing, still trying to learn the calls as much as possible, but when you see him just in the actual seven on in team setting, A doesn't look out of place by any means.
Speaker 2: Brian, We've been able to see what he's done with the wide receiver so far, but now hearing that you know dB might be even more instinctual to him and just kind of easier for him in general.
Speaker 1: That's good to hear as well.
Speaker 4: Well as the Jaguars drafted to him and talking to people around the league who had studied him, his ball skills were considered elite and everybody thought that just bent on the defensive side, But he had four interceptions last year for Colorado and is a guy whose ball skills on the defensive side appear to be just as good as the offensive side. And listen when you watch him move right, whether it's coming off the line or breaking off on a route or just walking out into the field. The guy just moves different than everyone around him. He just has a way about him that says that everything feels natural to him.
Speaker 5: John, Yeah, they knew coming into this, based on what they had on their conversations with him before the draft, that the challenge was going to be keeping him from overdoing it and trying they want to limit his snaps. They knew coming in that was going to be hard on defense. After the first couple of times seeing him, the thought is, it's going to be even harder. He wants to be doing everything and when you see him fail the ball and make plays on the ball on defense, Uh, it's gonna be a challenge for them to not get greedy.
Speaker 6: The candy jar is sitting there.
Speaker 5: How do you keep from taking a piece out every time you pass and go down the hallway. Uh, that's gonna be the challenge with Travis Hunter because he wants to do it, and Uh, everywhere he is, he makes you that much better.
Speaker 6: So good luck keeping him off the field.
Speaker 1: It's a good problem for the Jaguars to have. Stay with us here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a deep dive into the defense and tell you what is gonna be different about the team this year. Today episode of Jack Van Brock you by Fresh from Florida. It's always in season.
Speaker 7: I mean I think we have it just as well, including myself. I think just you know, being in a building, being here, being with the guys, getting the communication from the coach's mouth is always huge. Uh. You know, the coaches have been awesome, very communicative. Uh you know, they want to they want to get us better, they want to be involved, they want to they want us to be.
Speaker 6: For each other.
Speaker 7: And you can tell by the passion that to give each and every day. Uh, you know, I love it a group of coaches that you know, I want to sacrifice my body for and and give it all I can. So you know, I'm excited for what for what does year at Brenzos.
Speaker 2: Josh Hain's down Wighan on the new coaching staff here in Jacksonville. Obviously, you know there was tons of offseason changes, but on the defensive side of the football.
Speaker 1: We're going to focus in a little bit on that today.
Speaker 2: This is the first time we've seen Josh here for OTAs in a while. He's taken the last two seasons off, but he said it was important for him to be here this year for a couple of different reasons, but it is good to see almost one hundred percent full buy in and that everybody's here to work with the new coaching staff.
Speaker 4: Well, he made that connection, the Kentucky connection, I think is what he called it yesterday, having been in Kentucky and Liam Cohen had been in Kentucky, and so there were conversations about getting those two guys together, and and the other thing that Josh talked about was short of the evolution right his family and his time, and it was a good year for him to be here, and it was a good year for Liam to him here.
Speaker 5: I loved when Josh was talking about Camp defensive quarter Anthony camp Now they say he's a lot, and he laughed in the sense that everybody who has met Anthony Camp they would say he's a lot in the best way possible, like this is a guy who's fiery. Trayvon had mentioned it last week. There's a genuineness when they're talking about it. I had Eric Armstead on the ozone podcast and he said the same thing. They know that Anthony Campanelli cares about them. That comes through. It's the first thing that Anthony Campanelli talked about when I interviewed him Ace when he first got here in January. There's genuinous about him. Players are responding to this staff, and I know fans out there saying, well, they respond to every staff. Okay, maybe, but in this case, this feels real and here's a real energy. I asked Armstead hey about the scheme, what's different. He's like, the scheme is pretty much the same for linemen. They've got these guys down. They believe in what's going on. I think you're gonna see that front be a little more like what we hoped it would be last year when they brought Armstead in, when they had Trayvon and Josh coming off great years.
Speaker 6: It feels like that's ready to happen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: As I watch that defense, and especially coach camp on the field, I'm reminded of last November. Before the Packers game, both Tony Bisselli and Jeff Logman just went on and on with how impressed they were with not just the scheme that Green Bay ran, but the way that the players ran it, how dialed in they were on all of their assignments, and rarely did the Packers defenders make mistakes, and they both thought it was a testament to the coaching style and the effort. So when I watch him, I go back to that conversation because man, it's exciting to think that maybe this defense could be as effective as that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting the way they've responded and how tight knit it feels going into this. It's only June, but you'd rather be saying that than not saying that.
Speaker 2: I always found it funny too when Josh Heinzeln said someone's a lot, because Josh is a.
Speaker 6: Lot, right, but I mean and takes one to know one.
Speaker 5: Josh clarified it very quickly to say that he loved it. You know the players when you meet camp, you know the players first reaction is going on, what what was that? And then after a couple of days like, oh, that's the real deal, and so it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Johnny mentioned that those one podcasts.
Speaker 2: He talked to Eric Armstead this week, and Eric actually cleared up some of what happened last year. Obviously, he was playing out of position a little bit on the edge, which he had done before but primarily had been a defensive tackle, and he commented on kind of how that came to be.
Speaker 8: You know, when they presented the plan to me, I was like, Okay, let's let's do it if if that's you know, the best plan that you guys see fit. And then sorely into the season when we were in London, I went to them and I said, you know, I don't think it's necessarily working out. You know, I feel like I can have bigger impact on the team if I'm playing more inside from you know, a better pass rusher, and I'm on the field, you know, with Josh and Trayvon and the rest of the guys, And at that time, looking at the roster, it didn't happen, even though I expressed that that's something that I wanted to do when I thought that would be better for the team.
Speaker 2: John that was kind of a contentious situation. Obviously a lot of stuff going on in defense last year, but it does give me a little bit of hope in terms of what we're gonna see from Eric, Arms said, I can kind of wash some of last season away in the sense of I think what we get this year will be very different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I always hesitate to say that I know what happened in a situation like that, so Eric told his side or you know, this is what he saw. And I don't know that we'll ever know the nuances of well, you needed to play this and we wanted you to play this, and that's fine because we're moving on from it. I think the interesting thing he said a couple of things. He had never really been a part time starter before, and he's looking forward to being on the interior, starting getting into the rhythm, being where he can impact it. And it seems like that is a path to getting the most out of him. I think he can be better. He showed at times Brian when he was playing inside that he could still be effective. I asked him he must to play five or six more years at his age.
Speaker 6: More power to him if he can. I wonder.
Speaker 5: How long a player of his age has for that peak performance. What you hope for the Jaguars is he has a couple more years where he can come together and be what he was for what he is now, which is on this team.
Speaker 4: Well, last season felt so disconnected, disjointed if you will, because his best seasons kay in San Francisco, where he had multiple ten plus SAX seasons. We're all on the inside and the word that we got was he'd had that knee injury at the end of the twenty twenty three season and wanted to move outside a little bit to maybe take some of the pressure off that so he could play longer. But clearly he's a guy just One of the best defenses in Jaguar's history was two thousand and seven, and they had Marcus Stroud and John Henderson, two massive bodies inside with length and power, and they were so disruptive they made everyone's job easier. Well, if you can imagine taking Eric Armstead at six foot seven and putting him next to Mason Smith, who Josh Allen told me yesterday has really looked good so far and has worked hard this offseason, and have that kind of of a presence on the inside, and mix into Von Hamilton and perhaps Jordan Jefferson, You've really got a solution to what has ailed this team on the inside. And Armstead has the length that if he's pushing the passer back John, he can also get his hands up and make the passing lane shrink. That could create more opportunities for takeaways, and we know how few of those there were last year.
Speaker 2: Eric talked about, you know wanting to play more because of the rotation style that they had last year. Josh and Trayvon have weighed in on that as well. Cohen talked yesterday about the importance of having a balance between giving them some rest but also playing your best players.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of a balance of keeping guys fresh and wanting you know, you always hear the term waves of rushers, but ultimately you've got to have your best guys on the field as much as possible, and especially in those money downs, whether it be in the third downs, known passing situations, and in the red zone. Right So, I do think it's a balance, but ultimately, if they're in the physical shape to be able to do it and to play down in and down out consistently, that will be really important for us. Those guys are going to have to be in elite shape. They've done a great job of getting to that point thus far, and think that there are you know, on track to do those things.
Speaker 2: In this fall, we talked a little bit about their change in physical appearance, dropping some of the weight, hopefully playing more as much as josh Aun Zalen and Draymonk Walker can be on the field.
Speaker 1: I would like to see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we learned last year how little they liked the rotation. Right, it did very long in some of the pieces. You quickly figured out that they wanted to be on the field. I would listen to them. They're listening to their bodies. They'll know when they need a break, and they'll do what it takes to be at their best in the fourth quarter and in the second half of the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to rotate some on the defensive line. No defensive lineman plays one hundred percent of the snaps. What was curious at times last year wasn't so much the amount, but it was the win, you know. So and I didn't mind the defensive line rotation conceptually, but when you had your key guys off the field and the big downs, that's when eyebrows were correctly raised.
Speaker 2: Let's talk a little bit about the secondaries. Well, obviously it was a huge issue for the team last year, giving up those big plays and busted coverage. We've seen but a lot of new additions in the secondary, a lot of maybe position changes potentially as well. Liam Cohen wade in on what he's seen from them so far.
Speaker 3: Man, they've got their hands on a lot of balls so far. I mean, just having some more vision on the quarterback and some of the zone coverages and shoot when we've been able to play man. It's something that they've been doing for quite some time last year, and so they've done a nice job. And man, I think Tyson's done a nice job with his hands and feet at the second and third levels. You saw him on Tariff make a nice play again today. He's been steadying, consistent. You know, that whole group has done a really good job. Jordan Lewis, Jarion Jones, that whole crew of guys. It's been competitive. It's been a learning curve obviously, you know, when you're used to playing so much man, going back and playing a little bit of zone, as it sounds, could be a little bit challenging based on where your eyes are and the discipline things like that. I think they've done a nice job though so far.
Speaker 2: Johnny made a lot of what the secondary couldn't do last year. There's a lot of new faces out there. Obviously, Travis Hunter will be in the mix as well. Jordan Lewis, I feel like has been a great leader for that group. Talked a little bit about working with Jarian Jones and Jan Jones maybe on outside a bit more this year.
Speaker 5: From what we see, well, it sounds like you're get me on the outside a lot more. That's where they on them. It's a group that still feels Tyson Campbell's definitely a lock, and they love Jordan Lewis, who they signed in free agency. Eric Murray is clearly going to start, and Dewey Andrew Wingard appears right now to.
Speaker 6: Be the other safety.
Speaker 5: I'd still be a little surprised if Caleb ransaw It doesn't come in and be a factor there. I don't know that they're necessarily done in the secondary in this sense.
Speaker 6: They left space.
Speaker 5: James Gladstone talked about leaving space all over the roster for different young players to show they belong. I think they're still trying to find That wouldn't surprise me if there was another secondary, maybe a corner added as they figure out how they want to use Travis Hunter.
Speaker 6: How much that what that's going to look like. They've done a nice job of sort of staying over.
Speaker 5: Their feet as they build the roster. They could still do a veteran or let somebody come along who's here and developed.
Speaker 4: But the key to me is obviously Tyson Campbell. They paid him last year like an elite level corner and in each of the last two years Ky he struggled with some hamstring injuries. He's having a nice off season, whatever that means to you. Until we get into pads and until it's day in and day out on the practice field in August, will we see if that hamstring holds up this year. But he really does look good out there and running with Brian Thomas and Travis Hunter. That's going to bring out the best to you. I mean, that's going to make you want to be sharp. And he really has been sharp. You heard the head coach talk about his hands. He's knocked away some balls and then knocked the ball out after it appeared that the receiver has made a catch. I think it's very promising what Tyson Campbell has brought to Ota so far, and I'm excited to see him in August.
Speaker 2: Tyson is very effective when he's available. There is a new strength and conditioning staff here with the team. That's going to be a focus, I believe of the Hunt coming up there working a lot with that. They've changed a lot of different things, and obviously there's a new focus with Travis Hunter about playing him on both sides. What that's going to entail, So that'll be something to keep an eye on throughout the and how that works in tandem with the coaching staff. So stay with us here on Jagsam. Coming up, we're going to continue our look around the AFC South. We're going to check in on the Titans and see what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Move the freight, Move the freight.
Speaker 2: Magellan Transport voted the coolest office space in Jacksonville. You can check them out at Mgellanlogistics dot com. A little bit about what's going on in the AFC South. We talked last week a little bit about what was going on in Indianapolis with the Colts. Now we're going to check in on the Titans. Obviously big story of the off season. Number one pick didn't have a great season last year, as well as the Jaguars in neither but Titan's number one pick. They went with cam Ward at quarterback, trying to get their quarterback situation figured out after not having things work out with Will Levis Brian.
Speaker 1: How quick or how effective can.
Speaker 2: A rookie quarterback be right out of the gate when there are some other.
Speaker 4: Issues going on, and so the offensive line obviously is an issue there. Spent the last two years they have drafted you Latham and Peter Skronsky, two offensive linemens, so they've been working. But this year they were kind of bringing in guys like Kevin Zeitler and Dan Moore, you know, older players, to try to shore everything up.
Speaker 6: Awards a talented guy.
Speaker 4: But John, I don't think he was a guy that, if he had been on the board with other quarterbacks taken in recent years, would be number one overall. I mean, I think it's a bit of a projection.
Speaker 5: No, he was, as much as he can be, pushed up the board. He was not considered the best player in the draft, whereas or even the best prospect you've got his position, but the quarterback pushed him up. Look, I think he's going to be good. Everything you hear about him is he's a good kid, a worker. So I think he'll be successful elite.
Speaker 6: I don't know that the Titans. We know something about dipping.
Speaker 5: Down to the bottom of the league around here, like we've seen this happen. The Titans haven't dipped that often. They dipped way down. They were, along with the Jags, Patriots, a couple of teams really down. So it still feels like they're at that point. And again, we've seen this too much around here, where there's a little bit of clawing up to do one year before you get to a point where you can really accelerate. And when you hear about the offensive line right here about, you know, they sunk more than they're used to up there, and I think they still feel like there's a little bit of building. They're not ready to accelerate yet.
Speaker 4: I don't think well and objectively, they were trying to change their entire personality.
Speaker 6: Last year.
Speaker 4: It had been built around Derrick Henry. That offensive line didn't have to be elite with Derek Henry back there because he could hit anything and make his own holes in many cases. So last year, I don't know what was easy to take a good, in depth look at the Titans and not acknowledge the fact that their personality for so many years was gone. Now Kim word comes in. They're modernizing their offense. They're going to be a passing team, so it might two years. They've got to get some players.
Speaker 5: Everybody talks about identity not all teams have an identity. For years under a vaybel with Derrek Hendrick defense, they had an identity, and it's sometimes harder to change your franchise when you're coming from a clear identity, because now you've got to be something different.
Speaker 4: Well, they were always a team, going back to Eddie George in the day, that beat you up at the line of scrimmage because they would punish you with their big backs, and they just don't.
Speaker 6: Have that guy right now.
Speaker 2: Talked a little bit about the offensive line, but diving into that a little bit, we're gonna see jac Latham is moving to right tackle this year. They brought in Dan Moore from the Steelers whole play left tackle, and then just in terms of you know, Lloyd Cushionberry who they signed injuries for them, there's not a ton of depth there on the offensive line, so that could be an issue as well as they've shared up maybe the starting five, but that's if they say the starting tis Well.
Speaker 4: The good news for them is that their quarterback is very mobile. If you watched Miami at all last year, you understand he's not a run first quarterback by any means, but he's a guy who can extend the pocket and stay alive to make throws, and he certainly has the power in the arm to get that done. But again, when you talk about the personality of the Titans, it was always set up front with their offensive line, and they're going to have to figure out, you know who, what, we're when and why.
Speaker 6: Ye and I'm drawing a blank. He was there for a long time.
Speaker 5: They had a couple of linemen even with Henry, who were sort of the spokesman for their team. Well, Taylor Lewan was yeah, good, So I was trying to think of so they were really the identity. And since those guys have sort of declined and left again, we know from around here how hard it can be for a franchise when it's trying to find that footing, to find it, and they still feel like a franchise that is in the process of finding their footing.
Speaker 1: When we talk about that. Obviously, we've seen some changes here.
Speaker 2: They got a new GM over the off season in Mike Bergonzi.
Speaker 1: They fired Ran Carthon.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Brian Callahan's going to be in his second season, But again, how much leash will he be getting.
Speaker 1: Obviously he's got his quarterback now.
Speaker 2: But you know a lot of people are impatient in football, so he may be on the here as well.
Speaker 4: Brand Yeah, you know, because the general manager did not bring him in. But Callahan is a guy who has been well thought of, so I think they'll give him some time, especially with the quarterback coming in as a rookie. Correct me if I'm wrong. Calvin Ridley is still there down the field threat and we've seen him each of the last two seasons. He's not Brian Thomas Junior. I mean, it's not like you're giving this young quarterback a legitimate number one weapon, So I think they're gonna have to give him some time to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and again, we don't cover the Titans, so it's hard to know the absolute specific dynamics of a franchise unless you're around it. But I know they're not used to being at the bottom. Nobody wants to be used to being at the bottom. But when you're sort of used to getting better quickly, which they are, that makes you wonder. You know, it's a project with a with a rookie quarterback, but is there thought within the franchise. Hey, we get that it's a project, but we still need to get to seven or eight and show something, or do they believe, Hey, we know with the project that we may have one more year of drafting at the top. I don't know what the answers are there. Patience in the NFL has changed since I started covering at ninety five, just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit more impatient.
Speaker 2: Says here will tell you what's coming up the rest of the week.
Speaker 9: Let's go back to the start.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a big upside, dude, basically.
Speaker 9: Saying, Hey, one of the trademarks of our leadership group is that when there's an opportunity to be bold, we won't flinch.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: I don't know that there was much expectation as much as it was just curiosity. People will learn pretty quick once we start making legit decisions that we know what the.
Speaker 6: James game to leave and iris who was after him?
Speaker 8: Maybe he says, you think about maybe bring your phone call the.
Speaker 9: Cleveland Regardless of how things fall, well, I love in a position to be better tomorrow than award today.
Speaker 6: Pretty much immediately, at least in my mind's on why not?
Speaker 9: The night's still good for the same timing executing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 3: It wasn't at our mercy, but there was confidence that it wouldn't be able to get done.
Speaker 6: A lot of people said, bell boy, you gave it a lot. My response is did we We got the best player? That time will tell me it was a small price to pay.
Speaker 1: Let's make history.
Speaker 3: Let's girl fear of the unknown.
Speaker 9: That can be an inhibitor.
Speaker 8: Misgiving thumbs up on ours.
Speaker 9: In the moments that I didn't take action out of fear I had looked back at and regretted.
Speaker 7: Hey, Travis is James Gladstone with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 9: How you doing for the rest of my life when there's an opportunity for me to face fear that challenge?
Speaker 6: Because you're the one we've been hunting up the best a bit.
Speaker 9: I'm hopeful that that brings with it positive results, but only time will tell.
Speaker 2: The latest piece of cinema from the Hunt sing here at Jaguars Productions, all behind the scenes and a little bit of how it came to be the trade up for Travis Hunter. We've got some very cool access into that and kind of hearing them talk behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: That new episode came out last week. If you haven't checked it out.
Speaker 2: You definitely want to kind of see the inner workings of how things can been going with new GM James Gladstone.
Speaker 4: The more you hear, the more that you watch the behind the scenes stuff, the more that you understand the way that he and Biselli and Cohen think and work together. The more excited it is, the more easy it is to be excited about what's coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've made this point on this show, and you're exactly right, So I'll go a different direction.
Speaker 6: I think maybe fans who.
Speaker 5: Watch the Hunt might get a little spoiled and not realize how ridiculously transparent this is. I don't know if this is the way the league's going, but I know for Jaguars fans, and I'm saying all this to credit the front office for allowing this.
Speaker 6: Sort of access. It's really cool.
Speaker 5: There's nothing wrong with it that this league has not always been a league where front offices want to let fans behind the scenes. It's really good stuff, and don't think that you're seeing it everywhere.
Speaker 1: This is unique, very cool.
Speaker 2: All Right, the rest of the week, a couple more OTAs, and then we're gonna hear from the coaching that some of the new coaches later on this Thursday.
Speaker 1: Brian, that's gonna be cool.
Speaker 2: It's always like a unique experience we have this kind of roundtable experience with the media is able to talk to some of the position coaches and learn a little bit about them.
Speaker 4: It's a relationship business, and you don't build relationships with these guys until you get to talk to them, and we really haven't had much of an opportunity to get to know them at all in a relaxed setting, So it'll be interesting to find out which guys.
Speaker 6: Really enjoy it.
Speaker 4: You know, who's the most candid, right, who's the one that's going to tell you what you didn't expect? And those guys fun.
Speaker 6: Nothing better than talking to the offensive line coach.
Speaker 2: John loves an offensive coach conversation, so be sure to bring you the latest on that. And we will be back for our final show before training camp next week on Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: To join Sad