Speaker 1: What up, y'all? This is your main man, Memphis Bleak right here.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Rock Solid, a production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network in partnership with my guys over at Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, you already know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yours truly back with another exclusive, and this one right here is as real as it get.
Speaker 1: I got my guy in the building.
Speaker 2: And when you say New Jersey to me, the first name I thought of was Tretched because he made me want to be a gangster even more when he came out. And now my old last trying to be gangster when I throw his music on. Now, let's welcome to the building, my g i'l be al New Jersey's finest king of Jermys hole in the streets down And if you don't know get it tuned.
Speaker 1: What's upbod Easy or my brother? You know me? Jersey marrying projects and it's more fun.
Speaker 2: I'm dead ass serious man like Tretch was the first artist that made me feel like they I gotta work out and get on some gangster ship with the bitches. But then you're not listening to your music. You talk that pain, you talk that real struggle. That like so almost like through your music, I feel like I'm from marrying projects with you.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 2: I respect the hustle to struggle and what you're doing and how you pushing it. So before we get into the new ship, let's go back speaking of marrying projects Jersey City in the building. You already know what's up man. What was it like back then growing up?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? To give you the what inspired you to even start this movie?
Speaker 3: Like first of all, that that shit already Like my Pops, my Pops was like was like a uh was He's a legend in his own right, you know what I'm saying. Everybody know that, Like he came up with like Dougie Fresh and all of those ship so he was running around with like like Dougie Fresh was to be running with them. My pops, my pop is like ill MCS back in the day. I mean, he died when I was young though, but Popsy he legendary though, like you know what I'm saying, Like, and it's crazy, I ain't really know about my pops like that because he dies as I was so young, you know what I mean? And tiy like I was going to jail when I was going to jail. I'm seeing old heads and in my name, we got the same name. So they like, yo, they just look at me, they like.
Speaker 1: You ain't albi abi, like a a your pops and niggas tell.
Speaker 3: Me mad stories about my father, Like I had like the most, the most respect from all old heads, old head fiends in the county, all.
Speaker 1: Of that shit.
Speaker 3: Man, they just treated me like yo, man, your pops, your pops, you feel me, so you know what I mean. So it was already in me, you know what I mean, But like when it started coming out, I say, just the just the atmosphere of being in the hood, man, like watching and watching the dope boys in the hood in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: They used to be freestyling off of beats and shit.
Speaker 3: And I used to be a young nigga just sneaking around listening to them niggas and waiting for my turn. One time they let me rap me off the head and I made some shit have it. They was like, you need to do that, ship you feel me?
Speaker 1: So I just start sucking with it in school, just and wraps in school, and it just it just it just became this.
Speaker 3: It took a while to get it or but yeah, hell yeah, man, you know how you know the grind? Man, The grind never easy, man, you rind can't sleep, that's right.
Speaker 2: A lot of these kids think you just pick up the pen tomorrow. You gotta deal.
Speaker 1: They don't know it takes ten years to be an overnight success. Not for real. And it's expensive. You got better on yourself. That's a factor in an expense. Don't stop.
Speaker 2: The more you get famous, the more they expense. Absolutely, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, shit is real.
Speaker 2: Like do you remember like your first freestyle or joint that you recorded or released and you was like, man, hold on this really good work.
Speaker 1: Like no, no doubt, Hell yeah it was.
Speaker 3: We had like mixtapes in my City go Crazy and I was on my man, my man DJ Simmons, Simmons from the Hikes DJ Simmons. He was like he used to have the mixtapes and ship. So yeah, we did that ship like on a like a microphone and like a Pentasonic world out like we did that's like on the microphone and I spied some ship off for Oh I don't even remember what beat it was, but I went off that beating it just they start fucking with that shit in the hood, the projects going with it, you know what I'm saying. It just became with the little raps.
Speaker 1: Yo, that's crazy. You bring up the mic and the panas.
Speaker 2: I remember my first mic recording, Nigga had the headphones the whole the other side so it don't give feedback and wrap through the other end of the headphones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first mic I ever used word up. It's crazy. That's crazy, but that's dope.
Speaker 2: Like early mixtape movements, like you was definitely on it. I could say, your independent grind is one of the things that attracted me to you, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They hear you pushing so.
Speaker 2: Hard and dropping classics like everyday June thirtieth, telling them about that man.
Speaker 3: A day June thirtieth, Like that's like, that's like my uh, that's my first like mixtape that I ever put out like that. I put on like a streaming platform, you know what I mean. And that ended up being like one of my biggest mixtapes, biggest, like like I got I start doing series on it. But it just it stands for like the pain from losing my brother, so you know what I mean. My brother got killed on June dirty. If you feel me so, I want some shit like a day the same day, a day I feel the same way like, So it's like every day June dirtyth Like, no matter what it like today, June dirty. If my me in the day go by without me, think about my brother and what happened to my brother. So that's where all the pain with the music and all of that shit come from.
Speaker 2: That's real, man, that's real. Rest of peace, bro man. Every day June thirtieth, Classic classic run. If you haven't tapped in, make sure you tap in, man, classic classic records like ten Toes Down. Don't compare me became I don't want to say street anthems, just became trystate bangers. Everywhere you went out here. It didn't matter at New York, New Jersey. You heard those records, all the young boys blasting them. You know what I'm saying. When did you realize, like it was bigger than just Jersey City.
Speaker 3: When I realized that, I think, I think when I start traveling, I start traveling, like when I go places, when I like, I'm like, when I start traveling and going places and I'm getting recognized and ship and people seeing me I'm like, oh, ship, you feel me like every time I go somewhere, I go there again, it's always different and bigger love. And that'd be the ship right there, that'd be having me like yo, damn Like but that ship definitely like it got it got so bigger than Jersey.
Speaker 1: It's crazy like Jerseys is home pace. You feel me like you know how that should go. You feel me.
Speaker 3: But when I ship, when I start traveling moving around, I'm like, oh, I'm like I was in.
Speaker 1: Where the funk I was that one time? Cali? I was in Cali one time. I'm thinking I'm low.
Speaker 4: I was so not low, Like oh this ship, I'm thinking, I'm I'm so not love.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a fact. When you think they watching you, they not. And when you think you low, I swear like that in the game, people.
Speaker 1: Were sitting there a way for me outside the store, like ll be out. I'm like my sitting Yeah, I'm like, damn, why we could do something with this ship.
Speaker 2: This sh could go somewhere in the fact, like coming coming from the streets, being outside, putting in pain, doing whatever we had to do to survive.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That's what I call it survival tactics. That going from that.
Speaker 2: To this people walking up to you, Yo, I fuck with your music, Yo, I fuck with you recognizing you. I know that got to feel like damn, this is this is what I do this ship for, for the people to feel my pain. Like, so is that surprising to you or was that something you was looking for? Nah?
Speaker 3: Like it's always like I'm always like overwhelmed with this ship.
Speaker 1: Like is like that's a that's that shit made me feel so good?
Speaker 3: Like like I had an overseas overseas tour last year, Like for me, I had some I supposed to went to the UK, but they stopped me from going to the UK.
Speaker 1: They didn't let me in. They started some like started moving like Canada type shit. No way.
Speaker 3: But I had other stops like in Paris, Amsterdam and all that shit.
Speaker 1: So I'm in Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: What I mean, Like that ship comes from like the history books in school. You feel me with with the so you know, I'm going out there to a stem like let me see what's going on. I wanna go to an frank house so we get to like the Uber we're going. The Uber driver just kept looking back and ship so I don't know. I mean, I'm no matter where I'm mad, be trying to be comfortable, but I still be paranoid because of the movie d I mean trauma traumatized for watching take it.
Speaker 5: You know, I just watching this.
Speaker 1: So the uber driver is keep looking back and ship. He just keep looking back and ship. I'm like, sull with this nigga.
Speaker 3: Show, like, bro, keep looking back this human traffic shit they working today.
Speaker 1: So he's like yo. So he's just like are you are you? Are you him? Are you? I'm like He's like, are you him? Are you him?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Like he listened to like he got my music and the ship that's fire.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm like, yeah, that's me. He's like, you look just like this guy. You look just like I'm like, yeah, that's me, that's me.
Speaker 1: He like a way, no way.
Speaker 3: I'm like he's like yo, He's like yo, me and my wife was looking for you all the time. They said you was like yo, it was crazy that ship in Amsterdam, my nigga, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like this this is how I feel about it.
Speaker 3: Like before all of this ship was going on, Like I'm like, I like you ever felt like you so close, but you so far At the same time, of course, I'm like, yo, I can make it. But because everybody telling me I can make a niggas believe in me. And that's and that's what you don't want to followers. You want to believes you know so. But just to see that right there now, it makes me feel like it makes me feel like I fucked this ship up. You get what I'm saying, Like like, like, Nigga, you here, you like you you in the game, It's no, it's no longer you're trying to get on Nigga, you on your rows.
Speaker 1: You You get what I'm saying. I'm like, yeah, you on.
Speaker 3: So anything that happened from this, like you could call me stupid, whatever, what the fuck it is?
Speaker 1: I deserve that.
Speaker 3: Before it was like, Nigga, you don't even know, like when I went to jail last time, man, the fuck out of here. You don't even know what the fucking nigga really was going through you type shit. You get what I'm saying. But this time is like you go to jail right now, Nigga, you're an idiot. You feel me your opportunities so they ain't gotta be worth it. It got to be worth for you, for me. You know, I ain't talking my tail ever, but it's just like it.
Speaker 2: Gotta be worth it. Though it's like you're not gonna just jump out the window. I pray you don't. Like, you know, the opportunity here is greater than it ever been.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, doing the things y'all do was what we dreamed of. We dreamed of having these brands behind us, these sponsorships at the shows. Remember they didn't fuck with us. We used to just rock clothes or reper brand and that was it. You wouldn't see us in the commercial. Well y'all got that path.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, take full advantage of all the.
Speaker 1: Money they want to give it more trust me.
Speaker 2: Like I wanted to say, like your project coming from maryon it felt bigger than the mixed tape.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like album.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like I felt like that stamped your your impact, your movement, who you are, what you represent? Like, how did that making that project? What was that thought process for you?
Speaker 3: I was really in like I was. I was really an album mode too. I'm glad you peeped at You Feel Me. I was an our mode. I was just even like with the intro, the I'm for Marrying intro. It's just I just wanted to feel like like cause first of all, it was like for me to name the album after where I grew up at. I had to come like that, you know what I'm saying. I had to put on for the hood. So I was just an album mode. I just wanted to give them that ship, like give them my story. It's like when I'm when I'm putting a project together, it's like it's like building it.
Speaker 1: It's like a making a robot human. You feel me for.
Speaker 3: Me, so it's like you need the legs, you need, the arms, need the heart. You feel me, you need you need, you need to create that ship. So I don't like to just put like anything in. I try to have something on it for every aspect of the you feel Me. Of course I'm gonna give you that core Albia hardcore ship, pain ship. But I also like to give them everything because like I'm all around artists, like so like as far as like I could talk, I could do shit for the bitches.
Speaker 1: Because the nigga fuck bitches.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I ain't afraid of like this pocket myself.
Speaker 1: I could do shit for the bitches.
Speaker 3: I could do shit for the club nigga like partying, you feel me so, And I could do shit for the street because I'm really from that.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying. So I ain't afraid to like go all around with this ship. You know what I mean. I don't like to just stay in like one lane with that ship. You feel me like? You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell your cheat hold that I found out about records with women late in life because I used to look at John and.
Speaker 1: Be like, damn, this nigga killing it. Put it on me. What would I be without you?
Speaker 2: It wasn't until I got married and I wrote it and I'm looking at my wife and I'm sitting there writing a record and I'm like, Oh, this motherfucker yoah cheated. Oh this nigga being married this whole like he was just looking at his wife. Yeah, what would that be without you? Like motherfucker? I called them like nigga. I got the cheat cold too. I'm all now, I'm gonna give it to the young You gotta really I feel like, you gotta really get those records. You gotta really care. That's why I made records like it's that your big right right right, I was kicking them out.
Speaker 1: I couldn't make up for it. I didn't know what that felt. I could relate to that. I understand, I feel you, I feel you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when you say I'm making the bitch records is left No, No.
Speaker 3: I feel like because at the same time, like ship like bitches be like because I make good songs for the females, like they love when I do that, right, But so they be like if you need to put more that shit on your album, like you need to do more that shit. I'm like, I really ain't got the emotions like that no more. I'm really like, y'all bitches like I'm not doing.
Speaker 2: You gotta really care to write those records. Because even when you look at DMX and he got those records.
Speaker 1: It was really married. He was really married.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, These niggas that be making those records be they got shorty away.
Speaker 1: You're saying I need to get married.
Speaker 2: Noa noa no, not said jump the broom. That's not invice something giving life, and when time is right, you will make the decision.
Speaker 1: Say that ain't right right now, don't you came from Amsterdam. He took you to the red light. Say that you've seen that ship out there. It's easy right ship like by James.
Speaker 2: You won't believe that ship in the window. Let me get that right there sides And he had a vision of people that never been there. You know how you walking in the mall, you know what I'm saying. And you see that you see manne kinds dressed up, no is moving, read ready like like.
Speaker 1: Come on, they moving. They looking at you like come in pain to yeah whatever, you bro whatever. The human pooring site out telling you waiting to get picture. That's a fact.
Speaker 3: Some of them got to It's like it's like up stairs, downstairs, you just walking that ship.
Speaker 1: They say you can't cor you know, I'm from Jersey. I'm like, oh now, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: They roughed up like some of my guys from the rock guy dam and them got some ship out there.
Speaker 1: Dang went yeah bigs, dang.
Speaker 2: It was out there recording the Red Light and the gangsters was like, yo, turn them cameras off, you know, niggas, Nigga New York whatever, they rumbled, niggas up, rough niggas up. I ain't gonna lie because I remember getting the call niggas was getting stitched up.
Speaker 1: Niggas up out there and the yeah, like the niggas. It's two worlds in Amsterdam.
Speaker 2: You know at night, right you see in the daytime is mad your opinions.
Speaker 1: Ain'tbody right right around? Mad? White face is cool when the sun go down? Who outside? All the Africa? Like yeah, it looked like taking.
Speaker 2: All the Africans like this without man. What you need you need smoke, you need director, what you need was rough out there. But like, yo, don't go out there playing. They just discuff you.
Speaker 1: It ain't nobody there to help you either. I don't see no police or nothing.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: No, they don't regulate none of that ship. It's just free world, man.
Speaker 2: It's like, ahead, do your thing man like and go to rid of damn. That's one of the reasons I like Ireland because it's that old school before the pistol gag, because I feel like pistols we all heybody fighting, that's.
Speaker 1: Real, ya heart.
Speaker 2: You gotta you know what I mean put that rumble in and then Dublin they're scuff you up to.
Speaker 1: Them. Niggas love the scuffle. What they live for a fight? Yo, get it back.
Speaker 2: When you started getting looks from platforms like my brother sway you know what I mean, shout out swaying the morning, that's my guy, you know what I mean? Ship like that. Then you got the major distribution through Empire. Did it feel like the world was finally catching up to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hell yeah, Like.
Speaker 3: It's it's like I'm always been like like like it'd be glimpse of that ship you feel me? And that be the weird ship with the industry too, like because I be seeing like niggas I see like the top rappers you feel me that like that or top industry person period and they run it too me and they just show me mad love and shit and I'd be like, yo, why that love? So it's like so private, like if you saying you like like I fuck with your shit all the time, Like what's going on? Like you know what I'm saying? Why you ain't you know what I'm saying? Why would it takes for me to finally run it to you to say that when all, yeah, bro, that should be crazy major.
Speaker 1: These industry niggas is that's one thing.
Speaker 2: Like you know, niggas fifty whatever, they say what they say, but fifty got one of the illest lines. Man. These rap niggas ain't friends. They know how to protect. That's one of the illest, illest, truest bards or these rap niggas that described as industry.
Speaker 1: These niggas know how to PreTect.
Speaker 3: And and want you to know it ain't it ain't stop though, you get what I'm saying. If it was going on when you was out there, when you y'all was moving around, that shits still going on today.
Speaker 1: Yo. That ship these rap niggas is divas, bro. These niggas is whole. I tell niggas. They just find a nice way to tell you. Fuck off. Niggas. They'll be all nice soon as you walk away.
Speaker 2: Nigga, don't change his number, don't answer the phone, put you in the phone and don't pick up like I.
Speaker 1: Had some one of the ship.
Speaker 3: This rap shit is this Like niggas hit me up right and they'd be like, Yo, I want you know, we gotta do something. We gotta do something, and I'll be like all right, cool, hell y'all. You know, cause it's to me, it's like it's a it's a swap. If you the bigger artist, I need your fans, let's swap it out, come in, come in.
Speaker 1: So nigga be like a nigga.
Speaker 3: Be Yo, send me some records, let me see what you're working on. And then it's weird ass nigga. I send these niggas some records. I ain't here from the nigga nothing. I'm like, Yo, this nigga better be stealing my ship.
Speaker 2: And that's that. They're not stealing your your ship. What they're doing is biting right.
Speaker 1: They feel you got the wave.
Speaker 2: If you're sitting in the nigga your music, they figuring out how I'm gonna get this wave and they're studying you right now.
Speaker 1: So that's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: If they if you send a niggas some joints and they don't send them back, trust me, they study it exactly you the encyclopedia.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. So take it as a compliment too. In front.
Speaker 2: And plus, you got here without these niggas. I don't need none of these niggas, Bro. You don't think you need none of these niggas.
Speaker 1: They need you absolutely. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Always remember that, bro, Like that's how we came in this ship straight from Marcie. We ain't care about nobody. We wasn't trying to be friendly, be down. They ain't fuck with us from the beginning. So it was like, we ain't fuck with nobody either.
Speaker 3: That's that's our energy right there. Me and my squad, we just meet. We walking, we walk in the rooms. We already feel attention to niggas know, but at the same time they know real niggas walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't respect. They're tighten the fuck up.
Speaker 2: They gotta respect it. Like the number one thing. It's only two kinds of music in this world. My nigga is good music and it's not good music right right, And you make good music and once your music get to the masses and they're gonna have to respect you, and all the people that fake in front and bullshit, they gonna come back around and lay down and really be like, yo, bro, I.
Speaker 1: Need you yo, come through, pull up over here, do this. I did all that, my gee.
Speaker 2: I just was telling niggas out of all the industry homies out I'm being around outside of Rockefeller, I probably only got two real bros that I consider like rap niggas that are bros.
Speaker 1: Jian Norri Man.
Speaker 2: I could pick up that phone any given time and them them my dogs, Like that's my bros. Outside of this rap shit. Everybody else, I feel like we cool.
Speaker 1: But you really my bro.
Speaker 3: It's in nor Let me say we were from Jersey City, like I'm from Jersey City. We fuck with Norri like, you know what I'm saying, like like his music really like like we really like came up off his music, and a lot of niggas don't know like how fire Norri was. You know what I'm saying now to get new people, they know him as like the king podcasting. Nah, nor you had Nory had the streets where I'm from. Like I even freestyled off a lot of his beats.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We can't wait to meet that. I don't really want to meet that nigga way man, damn and know stop playing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pull up the chance man.
Speaker 1: Stop playing. He a drink. He he rady. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know one of my dogs he rady, Yo. But this current run you on, it feels like a resurgence run like from the new visuals, the major collaborations you've been class shot out my dog Freeway. You know that's my brother to know. I mean, I've been making some heat everybody. What's most exciting about what you got going on right now?
Speaker 1: I think I think right now, this is this like.
Speaker 3: Like I was saying, like I'm on right now, but this is what I'm about to do right now, is like it's about to.
Speaker 1: It's like it's over. It's like it's.
Speaker 3: Everything because the ship I got coming up, the features I got, and then my projects that I got coming up. It's like I'm in my own I'm in my bag right now where it's like I know where this ship about to go and is about to go with it should have been, you feel me, And I'm proud of that.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of what I'm about to do.
Speaker 3: For the rest of this year, you know what I'm saying, Like it's really about to happen for me, for me, whereas though like this ship about to rain on these niggas like all good music, all good like people gonna see these these connections and ship that I made you feel me because you know it's like.
Speaker 1: I got a problem networking man, like you gotta get one of the home. Man.
Speaker 3: So when you see me rocking with a nigga, you see me with some nigga, you see me doing music with a person, it's like I genuinely like, like, fuck with that nigga. We really like or he fucked with me too, and we just made that ship happen. You feel me because it's like it's hard. It's hard for me to like rock with these niggas because I don't know, I just be I.
Speaker 1: Just fuck with real ship. I'm allergic to fun ship. Bro. I start sneezing when bringing theirs, Like I feel you, and I've been that way my whole career.
Speaker 2: Man, Like like I heard you had a joint like y'all was working.
Speaker 1: I don't know how true it is. I heard through the streets though that you.
Speaker 2: And Beans, like you know what I'm saying, Broad Street, that's my bro, you know what I mean? Like you heard me say outside of Rockefeller, but Rockefeller the crew that's my family man, all of.
Speaker 1: Them niggas all time. Beans was yo, he made me nice yause he was super nice. Yeh it first came out, I'm like, nan ridiculous. I could have a studio set as well. I just want to be a flood yo, y'all be bugging off.
Speaker 2: Hours was on some ship. Beans like the studio dark. Beans want the studio.
Speaker 1: Dark lights like colored.
Speaker 2: Put the red lights on the fact, make this ship purple like the instance, go put the candles on.
Speaker 1: Niggas rolling up sticks and he just sitting there. Yo am, I got it? Like what I got it?
Speaker 2: Let's go damn Like now, Beans is different that nigga go to sleep, bro like literally sleep with the beat plane, wake up and.
Speaker 1: Be like, Yo, I got the verse. That's crazy crazy, like yo, I spit it. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Beans was on some different ship. One of the illness niggas working with. Like besides of course Ja Jay, that nigga just fucking you be in a limo ride going to the fucking airport with this nigga. You get to the airport like, Yo, I got a hook for you? Like what houck yo? This one yo, just blaze. I need you to make a beat that go like this?
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 2: He tell niggas the beat nigger thing me, I need the beat without the beat. You I don't know what I'm writing. We lost, we got, we don't take some ship out the air play a beat I got? You say the type of nigga I tell you make the beat like this because.
Speaker 1: I wrote the words like this already, right, that's next level.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: It was different with it.
Speaker 3: Were like being with me heavy two, like real real heavy. You got like a good relationship every time he seen me. But I was just honored the fact when I see him and he was like, I'm just I'm coming to give him his flyers, you know what I'm saying. And he was just like, nah, nigga, you nigga, you you the Broad Street Bully right now.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, I ain't gonna lie you my favorite rapper right now.
Speaker 1: It just show him give me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what bro when I like and it's all honest when I when I see you, when I first see you, and I don't like comparing niggas, but the vibe you give me is not to one nigga, like, it's multiple different movements. When I see you, will see the hunger of beans. I see the grind and the crew like a true life in them. I see the pain of a little Dirk in them. You know what I'm saying, Like, I see, it's a lot of elements in your whole movement, bro, it's all classic niggas. It's some fraudulent fruit cups. Your ship is authentically real, my nigga gonna trust me, like you got records like come back outside. You know what I'm saying, Like approaching music differently, what would you say to the younger albe.
Speaker 1: The younger me.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I could talk to the younger me as far as like making music him, I think he I think he just should have been outside more, you know what I'm saying, Because, like you know, I was just I was just it still is like I was just. I was just a newspaper, bro. I was just like a like I was just talking about what's going on where I'm from and what I'm going through and with my city going you know what I'm saying that type of shit. So I didn't understand the fact that me talking about where I'm from, that the world would be able to relate to that because they're going through the same ship. Because the younger me ain't been out, that wasn't out of that element. I never left the projects. I never left my.
Speaker 1: City, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If we if we left the state, Nigga, we went to Times Square with our bitch, you know what I'm saying, shit like that.
Speaker 1: So I didn't know this shit could go that far.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if I step outside of my of my comfort zone, that these niggas right here in New Orleans would be banging my ship because they going through the same ship. So that's what I tell myself. I'll be like, nigga, get the fuck outside you fire like the world gonna love you. Nigga ain't not just the city, you know what I'm saying. So that's one thing. And even these young niggas need to see that too, like, because a lot of niggas are my projects. Like young boys is coming up. All they know is the projects too, you know what I mean. I just took some of my young boys to Miami, put them on the yacht just the fuck they bring up. Man, had bitches, the little niggas, they never been on the airplane before, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. Like, so it's just I ain't been on one to come in age for me.
Speaker 3: So it was just like that that shit motivate them differently than I mean. So it's like and then one of the little bros he couldn't go because he was on the ankle bracelet and they was cutting his ankle bracelet off at that time he cut You know what I'm saying, But that shit, that just shows he gonna learn from that, like because he watching niggas stories like damn, I could have been there. So if you wasn't out here doing stupid shit, you wanna be on that bracelet, you'd have been with the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the bros. So it's a lesson learned from both of them.
Speaker 3: They had, they had experience, and now he watching like damn, you feel me so like, damn, I could have been there. I could have been a part of that if I wasn't doing dumb shit, you feel me. So I tried to move my little young niggas the right way rued up.
Speaker 2: And that's a real thing because, like you know, each I always felt like every artist, no matter if you're from a different city, different country, different borough in.
Speaker 1: New York, everybody bought their own.
Speaker 2: Story, what the environment was. Nobody's story is the same. You go from wood to Biggie, the nas, the Jay to Jo to you to fab me. None of our stories are the same. When me and Jay live in the same building, and our story was crazy, you know what I'm saying. So like, Jersey City always had like a different grip when back in the day I came through it, Jersey City was Brooklyn. Shit was different. It was two ways. You come out that Holly Tunnel. You go left, grangy, you go right. Grin me, it was no where.
Speaker 1: To go, you go straight to ninety five you buy your business.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: That shaped a lot of your storytelling and seeing the city build up, because now Jersey City looked like fucking man, what the fly over?
Speaker 1: I don't know the difference, y yo, what the So?
Speaker 2: I know that had to inspire you being there watching the city changes, Like, nigga, do.
Speaker 1: You feel like you evolved just like your city did? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And at some points you feel me most definitely because I rob do that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I don't even recognize it, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: We were just working the hood last night and sit pull up on my cousin for his birthday and I'm just like, the block don't even look like the block, Like you know what I'm saying, they know, like I go to my projects. I like, but I grew up in like two areas in Jersey City. You for me, So I grew up in the projects, but I also grew up on a block. So my mom's mom's working two jobs. She dropped me off from my grandmom's house. So now I'm on the block.
Speaker 1: You feel me. So I'm up there.
Speaker 3: Yesterday it's like, damn, this shit just looked crazy, like you feel me, Like, it don't look like you know, they really like got a ship looking like I mean, it's that's a good day. It's a beautiful day. They are cleaning it up and all of that shit. Man, but like, damn it don't look you know, they knocking all the projects down and all that ship.
Speaker 1: You feel me. So it's like it just don't look the same. Bro. You know what my advice to you would be, grab all that ship up. You can't out there, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely anything any lot, anything you see available, call me if you don't want.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: League, I see a lot right here. I'm gonna pull up. We go grab it together up because they're about to build that whole ship up. I watched them do it.
Speaker 3: It's a house grew up in the house I grew up in. It's a fucking what you call the brownstone. Yeah, so back then we didn't even really notice that it was a brownstone.
Speaker 1: From yeah, the churches on the crib. Yeah for me, man, that shit worth like ten million now eight.
Speaker 3: It's the house we grew up in. A Park Street, nigga, google it a park Street, Jersey City. That ship worth some brand.
Speaker 1: That's how it is.
Speaker 2: In Brooklyn, broke in the same places like I used to go to Heart Street. Used to be the house that had you had to put the two wires together because they bell was broke. You put the wires together to ring the bell and they bring the weed out there. Yeah, bro, that crib probably worth fifteen millions.
Speaker 1: Crazy can't even ring the bell and be like, yo, that's live right. What the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, bro, Like I look at Hoboken like that I used to drive through Hoboken was the same ship, because you know it's all connected. That shit wasn't like it is now. I'm trying to move in Hoboken. Good luck, Yeah, for real, good luck, nigga, you got a better chance I got a call now, Hove, I need you to co sign on this crib for me. These niggas told about twenty million, I only got five.
Speaker 1: Now I need helping, yo.
Speaker 2: Hip Hop has always been, like, you know, a turning point, turning pain in the purpose.
Speaker 1: How has the truth shaped the music of survival for you?
Speaker 2: Like you know a lot of people, a lot of artists when I'm saying now, I'm saying that, like a lot of artists always say yah, I'm keeping it real or you know, I'm one hunted and this. But then you could get there, you could listen to the music and see them and know you ain't a youth. You would come to you, Like I said, everything is authentic. So what's your advice to the youth that's pushing that pain for purpose, trying to turn pain in the survive?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I just think, I think.
Speaker 3: I think it's like it's like everybody, everybody don't get a chance to like make it out. You feel me, So with the music, you're gonna, like you you're gonna go do this ship. Some people gonna make it talking about what they're going through, and some people gonna make it. But everybody ain't gonna make it. You like, you ain't gonna go through that bitch. Clean, someth gonna happen. You know what I'm saying exactly, You're not gonna You're not about to go through there or clean. Something gonna happen. It's either the ship you're rapping about gonna that's a live the ship you're talking about. You might end up going to jail for that ship, bro, But then again, you might get signed by somebody that's gonna and you be able to change your whole team life, your family life, and all that shit. Just understand that it's a risk you're taking, that's right, and with everything, every reward that you want, it's a risk. You gotta understand that. So you can't just dank like a why bet why ain't knowing? Yeah I'm talking, this was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah you fire, bro, But everybody don't make it. Bro, Everybody don't make it. But you gotta. You gonna. If you keep grinding, keep going, you're gonna be further than where you at. You ain't do shit. So it's like try nigga, that's right.
Speaker 2: I always tell niggas man, you gotta tell me knowing another language for me to stop, you know what I'm saying. And I had homies like when you say that, like everybody ain't gonna make it, everybody, but at least try it. Like I feel like that's how my dog, h money Bags was, you know he was so he like he reminds you.
Speaker 1: He reminds me of you two.
Speaker 2: Like he's the same nigga, light skinned muslim, hazel eyes running around on some straight goon shit didn't understand the meaning of chill the checkers in the mail by g Like, yo, we just did mind right remix you rhyming right after whole Yeah, just relaxed.
Speaker 1: Money coming bro. And he didn't understand it. You know what I mean. In jail cost us a run.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying To hear you say that, it is like that's that's real good advice because I wish I was smart enough to see it then to tell him better. But you know, when you were in the circle, niggas don't listen. They only listen from outside the circle.
Speaker 3: Like come, I like my last charge before I went to jail, my last time, Like I think I think where I'm where I'm at right now? I had to put the Reach reboot and get the BLUSD Swedading Tears and keep going again. But before I went to jail, like I think, I was like I was out of here, like out of here, like where I'm I'd have been there where I'm at right now, you know what I'm saying. Because I had just signed a big deal with Empire Ghazi and I couldn't miss you get what I'm saying, Like everything I dropped was just going crazy. And then that last album I dropped, the ship called king Op.
Speaker 1: That's what. Don't compare me on it. It got that ship is no skips, and it was it was going crazy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was going I went to jail the album out, You feel me, I'm like Billboard, CEO's coming in there. I to sen your Billboard. I can't even experience that. I'm facing life. I'm like, Yo, what the fuck you feel me? And then niggas coming in jail, Yo, your your new song?
Speaker 1: Going crazy? This?
Speaker 3: Then the third and then I sit in there doing COVID, locked up, facing life.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Three years in that bitch, I beat my case. God, you know what I'm saying I beat my case. When I beat my case, niggas just keep telling me about don't compare me.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't know what was going on. I knew the song was fired, but I didn't know. I come home. I see the views on the ship. I'm like, I perform and ship it's stupid. I'm telling you. I'm like, oh man, plastic bro, and I see the growth.
Speaker 2: So I know you you being there being the one me. I watched it from the out whatever I've been tapped in. Shout out my guy Poozo Jersey. He was the first one league. I'm telling you, niggas ain't fucking with I'll be out like, let me hear it and ever since that way home, let me study this sh let me go on his YouTube. That's so when people here, I'll be out what you want them to associate with your body of work.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean at that that motherfucker that ship he on that for real? You feel me he ain't misguiding him leading. You feel me he really about this ship and that he stand up individual. You feel me an honorable man. So when they hear my music, they know what they about to get into you feel me.
Speaker 1: And I know people that.
Speaker 3: Probably listen, like, oh, I be talking about this shit, this and the third nigga, this is my life and shit that I've been through, shit that I witnessed all of that shit, Like this real life shit, what I'm going through, I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'd have seen this shit, bro, Like a lot of motherfuckers, a lot of I got friends that died at fourteen years old.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, Noah, man to this shit. You feel me, and we still here thugging. We're still here pushing this, pushing this shit. You feel me.
Speaker 3: So it's like I love that shit. I love when motherfuckers see me and give me my flowers. I love motherfuckers see me and tell me to keep going. And you feel me, you know what I mean. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right.
Speaker 1: World up.
Speaker 2: That's a fact, bro, Like another piece of advice you just made me. Like I'm telling you what people be saying certain things. It triggers certain memories, man, knowing how real your shit is. Right, Jay always told me this as a kid.
Speaker 1: Bleak. Only rappers that fall off or the raps get whacked.
Speaker 2: It's been the lives run out, lives, run out rhymes, run out bleak. When they got it, there's no more lives to t up. So that's how nigga know this your life because you can't lie, but.
Speaker 1: You're only gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna run out of ship if I'm trying to be biggie, he gonna go on vacase ship. I'm a miss a week. I don't know what he did.
Speaker 1: That's heard up yo. So Yo, what's next for you? My g You know what I mean? What does the future look like from here?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What's the next drop? What's the next toll on these right ass niggas as? That's right? I see yo, Yeah, I see you. We've been spraying the raid like these rad assn exact man.
Speaker 3: You nobody nobody's safe, Yo, that's nobody safe. I don't care where you from trying to move the No, we ain't with that man, Your motherfuckers. You motherfucker's been putting a lot of music out for years. Man, we to believe it in you niggas. Man, I swear to God. Bro oh that man, that's that nigga. Gucci Oh Man, that nigga.
Speaker 1: He gonna get it. You gotta get it, bro. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I used to be down state arguing. That's what I said, and I said it before. I used to be down state arguing with niggas from Pattison. Pattison, they love Gucci. Fetti wop that comes from Gucci. You get what I'm saying, veddi wop that comes from goot Y. I aint know that fetti wop comes from Gucci. You want to stand that Pattison. Niggas love that nigga, bro, And I was a Jeezy nigga. I used to be about to get busy with niggas because they fuck with Gucci. I'm fuck with Jeezy. Who more thorough fight niggas in president over that ship.
Speaker 1: But these niggas cat just just let us fally to this bad man.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Yo, these trust me believe these guys doing brom do it bro.
Speaker 1: It's easy. See the industry.
Speaker 2: One thing I love about the game now today social media Twitter, the fans is more invested. You can't hide behind a sauce, interview, a vibe in. If you remember back in the day, we did that double ex sal that sauce that vibe. You didn't see y'all hear from us till we went on one O six. You didn't know what we was into today you could do all that, nigga. Like I just seen this nigga at the drive do he liing? He just was over at McDonald's. I love that the fans are more invested and can pull this ship out to get to see who really real and who not.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Because it was too much bro and going on. You gotta people gotta do their math on this ship.
Speaker 3: How these niggas be talking about from the trenches and all of that, and they did all of this trenchery ship.
Speaker 1: But like I said, you're not gonna go do this ship clean. Nope, gonna get scuffed up.
Speaker 3: These niggas clean Like that niggas is clean. Ain't been doing nothing. You ain't not been in a youth house, Like what the fuck? Like when is these niggas is like on?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: Like you like it's like, come on, bro, like you gotta read between the Stop misleading these kids.
Speaker 1: Man, you feel me for real? Man, Stop misleading these niggas. But I was a kid you mislet swat with the jail for you. I was misslad Man, stop misleading.
Speaker 2: We got guys like you that really lived, really been through it to tell these niggas ain't the path they need to walk.
Speaker 3: Man, these kids who you were stamp bleak like if not, no, not your my crew, Yeah, not your crew, Nobody in your crew, nobody from New York?
Speaker 1: Who you in the industry that you when you were a whole war y'all was moving around who he.
Speaker 3: Was like, Yo, Nah, this nigga really liked that in his area. I know you pulled up y'all been on you had wild tours.
Speaker 2: No, no, we had mad toys. I ain't gonna front. It's a couple of niggas. I thought was really like that, Like I don't like kicking niggas when they down. Man, But ship you asked the question.
Speaker 1: Mister cool was really like that. But I ain't know he was really like this. I had to figure out how to answer that. You know what I'm saying. He was like, dang, I know he was like this Now because my nigga fifth is doing about Diddy. We gotta do. We gotta found out with someone, mister bucking the who else? Who else was like that? I thought was like that and was like, nah, you ain't who else let me down? Man? Like heartbreak? Who else?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: I ain't really fuck with too many niggas but my crew, I could say, niggas and my crew let me down. To see them going out the way they're going all right?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like niggas turning into youtubeer. It's views trying to hear a dirty laundry that you don't even know it is crazy. Niggas laundry ain't even dirty.
Speaker 1: You just talked about stupid shit like you know some g ship.
Speaker 3: I don't respect that because it's like like like you know what I'm saying, Like you like when when you was running with a niggas.
Speaker 1: Everything was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's another thing I would like, if you go telling nigga dirt, why wait to the fallout if it was cool when you was down at me?
Speaker 1: You was a dirty nigga too, exactly. It's like that's like you sitting there nigga leaves the camp, was he was with you for ten years? As soon as you leave the camp, man, that nigga puss the salt nigga you you was with right when he was pushing. Now you want to sit there.
Speaker 3: You ain't say that for ten years. Fat now the first the first three months, sin' cool.
Speaker 1: You said the nigga pussy. I don't like that man.
Speaker 2: That man as far as the rappers telling man, I'm please listen, stop making gangst the music leading the youth on that you're gonna live his life knowing good and god damn well, ever since you signed on that dited line, you ain't lived that life, man, for real, please stop stop. Like I made the records back of the day I was a kid, I was really outside. We was really putting in paid back from the projects. I got niggas that with the jail loss like I wish, Like that's what I'm telling you sitting here. I wish my man, h money bags had the opportunity to like beat the case, come home and got on the run.
Speaker 1: He didn't. Nigga did twelve years. You know what I'm saying. He came home. I'm sitting here podcasting like, Hey, I got a job for you right here, co host with me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But niggas didn't have like we really took them losses. Everything wasn't all good at Rockefeller As. You see a lot of niggas telling certain stories that's true, certain stories is not. But everybody got paid, nobody got rabbed, nobody had a bad deal.
Speaker 1: Notice nobody. Don't never come out and be like, yo, Jay took my money, Jay raw me get paid.
Speaker 2: These niggas just blew the bag and now mad exactly like he was supposed to be the account and adding to see, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's crazy, that's crazy, that's funked up. The project Nigga itself like niggas project, and that's just like they don't realize that Jay really don't give a fuck no matter what room he walked in hold, but you know where he came from, straight.
Speaker 2: Up like niggas think he can't like he one of them super up there niggas that ain't down in tune. He and two he don't give a fun to respond to these niggas will even give him a sin.
Speaker 3: Of a like, you gotta be from the project to really know that from niggas be sitting there put voice in their pain. You got a really no project niggas man, All project niggas is the same, that's right. They got so many similarities any project I met niggas magnoia never mind you.
Speaker 1: Feel I love I love man and know in Chicago that's one of two of my favorite cities. No niggas show love word yo.
Speaker 2: So like go said, man, I'll be out the motherfucking truth holding it down New Jersey, New York, the movement. You know what it is, man, when it comes to that real this is who you tap into. It ain't no chatty patty over here. It ain't no telling. We ain't even getting in trouble to tell no more, right, ain't getting in trouble. It's nothing to tell. What we're gonna tell you niggas is get money and say solid my g rock Solid, Appreciate you, appreciate word. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeartRadio, app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and you can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleak.
Speaker 1: You see anybody fraud and flagging