Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama. Girl Drama girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride, and our comic girl shared for the right teams. Drama Queens up girl fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 3: Well, hello and welcome back to Drama Queen's Friends. Oh, who do I have with me this week? Mario Lopez is in the house.
Speaker 4: No, that's just up there from when I was catfishing someone earlier. Today, it's me Rob Fantastic.
Speaker 3: I love it. I always giggle knowing that I'm going to sign into zoom and see a stranger but your face.
Speaker 4: I just feel like everyone it's it's just redundant. We know each other's faces. You know, I don't need to put Rob Buckley at the bottom of my Zoom square, so I just like to spice it up, you know, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot. Well, this also feels correct because this is a Q and A episode and Mario Lopez does ask pretty great questions, so you know, it's it seems like the subliminal energy of interviewer is hitting you today.
Speaker 4: And he's got a great a.
Speaker 3: So hey, hey, hey, well hi friends, You've got Rob and I today. Joy's on a plane, so good luck to you. You've got the two trouble makers.
Speaker 4: Joyce sent me a photo. I don't think she'll mind me sharing this. She texted me. We were texting like and forth, and she was on the airplane and she texts the photo of the guy next to her was reading a book and I hadn't zoomed in yet, but the caption was, oh, not the guy next to me reading a book about a plane crash. Like, sir, this is this is the reading material you're choosing.
Speaker 3: That feels like a no for me, that's the kind of immersion there. I'm not interested in doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right there.
Speaker 3: Right, exposure therapy whatever it's called. Not for me, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, if we're going on a beach trip or like going to the lake, I will not be watching Jaws the night before.
Speaker 3: No, because you're not stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if it's a freshwater lake where I know sharks can't exist, I will still be like ad Nope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, being in water and not being able to see to the bottom is scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you think if we had never seen a movie, or we had never been exposed to any sort of entertainment where there was something lurking in the water, that we would still be afraid of not being able to see the bottom that.
Speaker 3: I don't know the answer too, honestly, because our minds are so susceptible right to thoughts and suggestions and propaganda, including about large jawed fish. So I don't know, man, I don't know. What do you think?
Speaker 4: I don't know. That would just be a funny experiment to raise someone without any sort of entertainment about boogyman sharks like anything, and then just just see, like, put him in a dark room, see if they freak out, put him in some murky water, see if they trip out.
Speaker 3: You know, this would be such a cool social experiment. And also I don't know the ethics of keeping someone away from society until they're old enough to be spooked or not, but I like the idea. This feels like a good what was that movie The Truman Show? Like a follow up to that.
Speaker 4: This is why it's a good thing that I am not in charge of distributing money for scientific research, because it would all of the things worthwhile the moneyould be pulled from, and they'd be like, where'd it go, and be like to some elaborate experiment about not being exposed to shark movies? What it wouldn't be good?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know where it's going to go now, Rob, so maybe it should go to you. I might prefer to the other person who shares your first name.
Speaker 4: Speaking of animals with large mouths and sharp teeth. Our first question comes in from Red Dragon. There it is Red Dragon asks what are your must have road trip snacks? Listen? I think you and I have answered this one before, but it's about food, so I'm willing to entertain it. How about you?
Speaker 3: I agree, I think we go for it.
Speaker 4: You go first, Okay.
Speaker 3: So on a road trip, I really like to pack a cooler because I want to ensure that I have all of the drinks that I might want whilst traveling. I e. Iced tea, sparkling water, regular water. Maybe there's like a fun, very flavored bubbly soda in there. I don't know. And then for the snacks, I love to have nuts, like I want walnuts. I want almonds. I used to be into the sunflower seeds, but too messy. I don't want to turn my car into a litter box, so I think I'm more like, give me jerky for some protein pretzels. Peanut butter pretzels are always a winner.
Speaker 4: But let me just stop you there for a second, because let's talk about your nuts. Are they salted? Are they flavored? Are they raw?
Speaker 3: So here's the weird thing about me. I like a plain walnut, but I do like a roasted and seasoned almond. Okay, what about you? Are you like a zany flavor guy?
Speaker 4: H listen. I recently was exposed to zany flavored pistachios because we just bought a bunch of them for the house. And oh my gosh, chili lime is a great Oh. Then there's like honey, like a sugar honey one. It tastes like a donut if a pistachio could be a donut. And then like haul a panio something hall a panio. Let me tell you what pal it's It was a party in my mouth. Ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: I love that for you, It is definitely not for me. I just had a friend go on hot ones and a bunch of us were together, so we all watched it, and in this same moment, three people in the group turned almost in unison, and we're like, would you ever because everyone knows I hate spice so.
Speaker 4: Much, so would you ever do hot ones?
Speaker 3: I would only for the comedic relief of being the person who would probably tap out after like sauce number three. But I would try my best. Yeah, like I would give it a good college try. But I am genuinely afraid. I don't like the heat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think you like heat until you actually try one of those like intentionally hot chips or chocolates, and then you realize what like real heat heat is. Yeah, like where you immediately get hiccups and you break into a sweat. It's yes, it's a different thing than like tabasco or you know.
Speaker 3: I just I don't like the idea or the feeling of being tortured by my food. Like, for me, food is a comfort, so to turn it into an enemy feels unfair.
Speaker 4: It's like being invited to a sleepover, but then you get to the sleepover and it's just cage fighting and CrossFit and you're like this, this is not why I came here.
Speaker 3: You're like, I did not sign up for this. I wanted the Bachelorette episode of win Tree Hill with the face masks and the juice, Like, no, would you do Hot Ones?
Speaker 4: I would? I would? I am. I'm adventurous, but I don't know how well I do. Like I am, I'm also good at just like dissociating, so I think I might just be able to just like dissociate from my body. I don't know. That's why. That's why I'm curious. I also love just any sort of a challenge that includes food, So I would would one hundred percent do the show, but I genuinely I don't know how far I would make it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, maybe we should do it.
Speaker 4: If you're listening hot Ones, you have two very willing participants who might or might not be good entertainment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we're a fun little duo.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. We get like three in. That's just it. It's the first six minute, the.
Speaker 3: Shortest one they've done in their whole history. Okay, wait, this is very funny because it's another food question. AX asks in the early days, what was everyone with am I a parents eating for dinner? Okay? In like the high school years of this show. I guess it's a great question. I mean probably like canned stuff, easy mac pizza roles. Yeah. I can tell you though, that largely filming dinner scenes is just difficult and unless it's a whole party, I think people, at least at the time on a teen drama thought not that interesting. Like when we were the adults and we would do things like the Thanksgiving episode. That's fun, but yeah, we really didn't ever see the kids sitting down to dinner with the fam.
Speaker 4: Sophie Bofi asks, if you Slash your characters were teachers, what grade would y'all teach? And why? Let's just I'm just gonna answer for me. I think it's got to be twelfth grade. First of all, middle school was just a nightmare. I feel like everyone dislikes middle school. I have no interest in visiting that. But I've also realized that I communicate so heavily through sarcasm and it's lost on little kids, bless their hearts. I just feel like I would I probably would have a little more patience and a slightly better communication skills with twelfth graders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gosh, immediately, I know, it says what grade. Immediately my brain thought, Oh, if Brooke Davis was a professor, like I went to a professor, I feel like she'd be teaching a college course on business or fashion or something. Yeah, I don't know, but if she had to be a grade school teacher, I sort of liked the idea of her being a freshman or a sophomore class teacher, because I feel like that would be the moment where she could look at the girls, you know, more likely than not doing this societal pressure making themselves smaller, and be like, no, no, I'm calling on the girls first. Like I think she would sort of flip the script and empower them, these young ladies to then go, you know, embrace their brilliance and their junior and senior years in high school. I'd like to believe anyway.
Speaker 4: I wonder what the vibe is though, because I feel like, on one hand, I could see a twelfth graderer just like really wanting to work hard because it's like the last lap and they want to finish strong. But then also it could just be like they're already one foot out the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, full case of senior itis.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I almost feel like it would be fun to be able to sign up to be the first semester of senior year and then let other teachers take them the second semester. But I don't know that it works that way in a high school. Hmmm, well, we're a little we're a little stumped, Sophie Bov. Everyone's coming in with the with the rhymes today.
Speaker 4: Ali Pally, Oh, yeah, you're right. If your character from OTCH were in a horror film, would they survive? Yes, I'm going to say yes, not because I think Clay is the most adept or handy. I just we've seen him get shot and like he was on death's door and he pulled it out.
Speaker 3: He survives it.
Speaker 4: His survivability is his ability, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would likewise say Brooke Davis just won't quit. Yeah, she is not a quitter, and I feel like, especially given all the nonsense that she went through in high school, well, oh my god, and then later we haven't even gotten to that part of season eight on the show yet. Yeah, I think she's like primed and ready to go for a face off with a horror movie character. Though I would like to caveat that by saying I have no desire to be any further traumatized in my life and would like to unsubscribe from any sort of horror movie adjacent experiences. I would like to solely exist in the world of a rom comm or dark comedy.
Speaker 4: Fair Enough's that's a good request. I think Brooke would survive because of her like skills. I think it would be like an impressive thing, right, just I think Clay just would somehow manage to not die. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Well, I hear you, and I do appreciate the compliment. But Clay is also very smart and he gets a good read on people, so I do think he would figure out a way to outsmart the bad guy.
Speaker 4: Mm.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, I'm not saying you have to go in for the like Iron Man physical fight, but I think Clay has the mental acuity to outsmart someone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, he kind of had that opportunity with Katie, and I wouldn't say he crushed it exactly.
Speaker 3: Fair point. That's a really fair point. In my brain, I was like, but she looks just like Sarah, how could he? But you're correct?
Speaker 4: Okay, speaking though of Brook and Clay, I want to jump down to Salomon. That sounds beautiful. Why didn't we see any Brook and Clay friendship? What would you have liked to see them bond over? I mean, like food is the layup answer, right, But that's just so yeah, if we're going to like, well, I show did a lot of emotional vamporism.
Speaker 3: Exactly if they were going to steal from our lives and put them on television, I would have really liked for you and I to go to the fair and need a funnel cake together. Gosh, that's the correct move for both Sophia and Rob and Brooke and Clay. Yes, but I agree, and you know, I think it's interesting. I think we might have touched on this in an episode recap around you launching the agency. But I think especially in the parallel path of how Brooke and Nathan had this cool friendship and got to sort of reflect each other in their high school years and a little after with essentially having grown up in these very weird families without great parental oversight, I actually think it would have been really cool because Brooke built this enormous company, knew so much about public relations and marketing and all the things it takes to work in fashion. If I got to do it again, I would like to go to the writers and pitch that when she's out of work and it knows what Nathan and Clay are up to, she helps them with agency stuff. I think that would have been really cool, and I feel like it was missed opportunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, and also because you know, she started her own company, so she knows about yeah, marketing, business growth. Yeah, that would have been cool.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I just think it would have been neat and like, especially for our characters, because you and I are both quirky humans, Like we could have found some great buddy comedy stuff in that, and then you could have gotten like James's great deadpan is Nathan when he just looks at everyone in the room like they're an idiot, Like he could have been like these knuckleheads. You know, it would have been really fun.
Speaker 4: You know what I would have loved is a double date with Bririlliant and Clint. Yes, that would have been because I would have just liked to have seen I think Julian and Clay together would have just been like two puppies, yeah, who are just hype like just getting each other excited and running around and there's tons of energy and I just think then I would love to see, like, what is what are Brooke and Quinn doing while the boys are just being boys?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, reboot put it on the board.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh, let's add it to the list. Okay, I want to. I'm going to skip around. Jessica, who didn't give us a nickname, did give us a great question, which is what is your favorite one Tree Hill conspiracy theory? For example, lots of the fans think that Chris Keller is the third Scott brother. I actually only learned that, I think when we were doing the podcast early on, So I'm gonna yes. Jessica's question stands. Also, do you know of any one trial conspiracy pas?
Speaker 4: I don't, including the one you just mentioned. Okay, so the only one I know is actually from our crossover episode with the Ravens podcast. I forget if he was Simon who said that when he was watching the show, he was convinced that Keith was Lucas's real dad. Yes, and that sounded juicy to me. But other than that, I literally know zero conspiracy theory. So people think that Chris Keller, why yes, just.
Speaker 3: Because he's a punk and because he came in and really served as this antagonist to Nathan in a way that everyone was like, oh my god, we're going to find out he's his brother.
Speaker 4: Could you It would be It'd been so great if just every season a new jerk showed up and then he discovered he had another brother. By the end of the show, he just has ten siblings.
Speaker 3: It would have been honestly kind of iconic. One per season.
Speaker 5: Yep, I love its.
Speaker 4: Angelica. What is your ultimate lazy day? What are you eating, doing and wearing?
Speaker 3: Oh man, So.
Speaker 4: I recently I forget what I was doing. I think it was for a convention actually, like but it was a gnarly thing where I had to like fly out at three in the morning, like get there at nighttime, work the entire next day, and then fly home at like five in the morning. And I so I asked Jenny. I was like, Hey, can I just take a day in a hotel when I get home to just like catch up and have some time to myself. And she was like absolutely, So that's what I did. I got back and I got a hotel room and I got to spend an entire day there and I just like it was incredible. It was like I stayed in my pajamas. I ordered all the door dash and I just like watched movies and it was glorious and.
Speaker 3: You need that, you need to kind of recharge your own battery. Yeah, it's interesting because what strikes me is like they're great questions, right, it's what are you eating, doing wearing? There's specifics. And what I've realized is that my ultimate lazy day at this sort of stage is a spontaneous day where I don't have to do anything. And it happens so rarely because we work so often on weekends and we're traveling and we've all got multiple jobs and you know, podcasts and things and whatever. And I just got to have one. I guest directed Mountain Film this year, which is like my favorite. It's my favorite weekend of the year. It's a film festival in Tell Your Ride and it's only documentaries and it's like the most inspiring week of the year of my life. I love it. And I went out there and ash and I finally got to the point, or I'm arriving at the point, I guess where I don't like say yes to every single thing I'm asked to do. And I made sure I left my Sunday at Mountain Film Open so I could like go see any movie, go have a spontaneous meal with our friends that were all there, or whatever. And we wound up going to my buddy's aunt's house. She runs an echoine therapy farm, and like, I thought five of us were going, and it wound up being like twenty five people we knew. And you know, this is so atypical. Normally, a lazy day is like exactly what you're saying, but at home, sweats whatever. But this was one of those moments where like, because I had no plans, I just rode the day and just hung out and it was like, oh we're doing this, Oh these people are here, Oh my god, how nice. And then it was like a, oh, why don't we go to this sandwich shop? Great amazing. We wound up sitting there for three hours, like it was just a day with no plans. So I got to in flow of a day with my partner, with some of my best friends, and I was like, holy crap, I need to start just like carving out empty time so I can see what happens. And it felt really fun.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: This is a great question, Georgia asks if Otch characters had social media, who would get famous from their TikTok videos?
Speaker 3: I could see Mouth being very aerin parness adjacent, like being the young guy just telling you what you need to know and totally blowing up on social What do you think?
Speaker 4: My first thought was Alex Dupray because like her lack of boundaries, which does I feel like I would lend itself to viral moments?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean also though, I feel like I could see Dan Scott ooh, you know, just because he's got that cult leader vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'd like bad Dad seventy seven. Yeah, and everybody would be into him. Oh dark. It's interesting because I also have this weird shudder for myself playing Brooke, because I'm like, oh, man, would Brook have had to be like a fashion influencer that feels like so much pressure. I don't think I could do it, but maybe she could.
Speaker 4: I don't know, she definitely. I remember I don't even do TikTok, and I somehow saw that like you had put up like a TikTok reel or whatever it's even called of, like you trying on different one Tree Hill outfits, And I just remember having this moment. I was like, I am so impressed with Sophia because that is a world I haven't even gone into. And it just looked it was like the video was like edited real nicely, and I was like, she's so far ahead of me in this game. It's a game I'm not even participating in, but it was very admirable.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. I know what people are doing, but I don't then take the step to do it. I have to have one of my best friends who is a real social media person, like she's just chronically online. She has to bully me into making tiktoks and then I do and people love them and I'm like, huh, okay, you're onto something. But that was really fun because it's actually one of the girls who comes to our conventions gave me all this wardrobe that she had managed to collect over the years. It's a business that she runs and yeah, Audrey, and it was like it was such a trip. And then all my friends were like, wait, you have to do this TikTok thing that people are doing with her old clothes, and it was a real it was a moment.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do one rapid round, last one.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, okay, fast.
Speaker 4: Okay, k dash, What is something you can watch over and over again and not get bored? See if you can give an answer. We haven't given to a question like this before because we've definitely talked about our comfort shows.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, John Hughes is a great call. I mean, piggyback you and go planes, trains and automobiles.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yes, Also because now you're inspiring me, Steve Martin, My brain is on the train, My Blue Heaven, absolute classic, never get tired of it.
Speaker 4: Gosh, that was a good movie. Wow right, Yes, I haven't watched that in so long, but I loved that movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, here on the same train. Sophiep wants to know, in any movie or show, who's a character you love but probably shouldn't. No one's supposed to like Scar in The Lion King because he's horrible. But the actor who did the voice of Scar in the original Lion King alongside Moira Kelly playing Nalla, his voice is so great. And now that I watched that movie a lot with two little's, I'm like, oh my god, that's the kind of voice actor I want to be. So the voice of Scar I love him even though he's a bully.
Speaker 4: Was it Jeremy Irons?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 3: I don't even know, but that sounds right. I'm embarrassed to have an answer, but also not the depth of answer. So thank you for saving me there as I'm rambling. Have you come up with a character you love but probably shouldn't.
Speaker 4: It's like it's a weird thing about like you probably shouldn't, you know, But I mean as far as the villain. Yeah, well, I was gonna say, like, I love Lucille Bluth, but if you objectively look at her as a human being, she's horrible. This is from arresta Development.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, but she's also so fun because she's so ridiculous. Yes, yeah, she's like a comedic Dan Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yes. Also any of the main characters from It's Always Sunning in Philadelphia, because let's be honest, those are all very bad people, and come on, there's so much fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like it. I like it a lot. Okay, TNT dynamite. Last one first thought that comes to mind, best birthday party memory going to Disneyland? How old were you.
Speaker 4: Like fourteen? I think I got to bring one friend, so I bought my best friend Ryan Khalely at the time and we had a blast.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to piggyback your answer and say, ironically, I didn't know I was a Disney adult until my best friend Jenny's last birthday and she wanted us all to go to Disneyland. And when I tell you, I had one of the best days I've had in years. And I was like, great, give me the ears, give me the corn dog, give it all to me. I'm in Disney. I'm a Disney adult. So same same, And it wasn't even my birthday.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Friends. These are great questions. Keep them coming.
Speaker 4: I would love to know if someone out there has way too much time. It would be so fascinating to see on the Q and A episodes that just you and I are a part of.
Speaker 3: So I would love to Can we talk about food?
Speaker 4: What percentage of the episode is revolving around food?
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's got to be like thirty percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I bet it's a very big jump from when you and I are doing these episodes with Joy, Yeah, because she has other things she thinks about you and I are solely snack focused. Yep, all right, everybody, We'll see you next week. Bye bye, Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 5: We all about that.
Speaker 2: High school drama. Girl Drama Girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride at our comic girl sharing for the right team. Drama Queens, Girl Fashion, what your tough girl?
Speaker 4: You could sit with us
Speaker 1: Girl, Drama Queens, Drama Queise Drama, Queens Rama, Drahn McQueen's Drama Queen Means