Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: This is NFL Game Previews and I'm game preview guy here with in depth primers on every single game that's going to be played this week.
Speaker 3: Play Philly obviously in division rival I know them well, they know us well.
Speaker 2: This is what NFL East Rivalry football is all about.
Speaker 4: Got a big.
Speaker 3: Matchup God Dallas, you know from what I hear to hear, I had a good game, and we got to clean up some stuff and we gotta go to work.
Speaker 4: We got they're sent a reward.
Speaker 2: So the five and two Dallas Cowboys rolling into Philadelphia off a forty three point outburst.
Speaker 5: Third and eight four man rush. Prescott estates rolling looking throwing cat for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Guess who facing the seven and one Eagles who just got done dropping thirty eight points.
Speaker 4: They Linna phot Ons again. Listen, they live up photo Shop. They fake shop. You have to swipt off the left side and he's in forty touchdown. That gives all the other teams more to worry about. Now.
Speaker 2: The city of Brothers Love always feels extra loving when the boys show up to town. And this has the makings of a classic. Jalen Hurts last week four touchdowns, almost three hundred and twenty yards, over eight yards per attempt, a rating over one thirty five.
Speaker 4: He's playing outstanding football.
Speaker 1: I thought he played play lights.
Speaker 6: Out got him twite open touch Bay episode to swift eal touch job.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott over three hundred yards four tds, yards per attempt almost ten, a rating over one thirty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in a rhythm. It feels good. Prescott watching end zone has a.
Speaker 5: Man cut touchdown branded Cooks a four touchdown day for tax Prescott.
Speaker 3: I Jay, aren't you glad who plays billing els.
Speaker 7: Way?
Speaker 8: J you know has done it better over a six game stretch than anybody ever to play this game.
Speaker 2: And that's pretty special. A. J. Brown one hundred and thirty yards two tds last week, one hundred and twenty five plus and six straight. Now that puts him in the record books.
Speaker 4: And I'm believable. Catch it was a hell of ball too, firing forty one take touchdown. That's something I've seen him do for a very long time. And we met ahead of the catch.
Speaker 2: Ceed Lamb twelve catches one hundred and fifty eight yards last week two touchdowns.
Speaker 8: Back and see the year definitely connected and you know I had a big day today.
Speaker 5: Here's Prescott Oven, Middle, Fire Tuk CD Lamb touchdown Dallas.
Speaker 2: Those are the big four names that drove each team to victory last week. Okay, that's disrespectful to Devonte.
Speaker 4: Smith regarding to be very un tight.
Speaker 9: What's tight?
Speaker 2: Ninety nine yards and a TV versus Washington Hurts is.
Speaker 10: Going to pack it up town.
Speaker 4: Ah my years.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't say it that I'd be throwing touchdown past to Julio Jones, but here it is.
Speaker 2: And okay, Julio Jones caught one pass, but it was a ted the record touchdown. But Smith and Brown are the outside guy's most snaps. Both dabble with the slot, but most of their time is spent lined up wide, which sets up a nice two on two game with Deron Bland and Stefan Gilmour. Gilmour covers the left side rate allowed under seventy two picks, seven passes, defense.
Speaker 5: Stafford locked in corner couzion no.
Speaker 2: And the real battle I want to see play out when aj Brown lines up on the right. Brown is the best wide receiver in the game. Right now at least hottest. No matter what you think facing off with mister tasty, Bland is the hottest cornerback through eight weeks right now twenty three after picking off his fourth pass last week. Three of those I INT's house calls.
Speaker 5: Cowboys bring pressure, Stafford sees it fires, one intercepted it to another pick six.
Speaker 4: Deron Blad has its third of the year.
Speaker 2: No cornerback is holding quarterbacks to a lower rate. Only two guys have more passes defensed. Bland and Gilmour just got done facing Cooper Cup and Puka Nakua seventeen targets, only seven catches under sixty five yards combined. For that dynamic duo.
Speaker 5: Tell me the other way, per Cup, but he's tackled right away. Great play by Jerron Lamb.
Speaker 2: Philadelphia tight end Dallas Goddard was quiet last week. Always a threat, though, especially if Dallas doesn't shore up how it handles tight ends. Only two teams have given up a higher rate to the position four tds allowed Snepner.
Speaker 4: Herbert fake the run throwing right to ever.
Speaker 2: Wine open Cowboys pass rush versus Hurt's ability to perform under pressure. Micah Parsons picked up his sixth sack last week.
Speaker 4: Stafford is sacks there.
Speaker 5: It is that pass rush and it's Mike cut Parsons.
Speaker 2: They say it's not the heat, it's the humidity, while in Dallas it's all about the heat, not as much about the bags. Dallas has the highest pressure rate in the league, one of the highest blitz rates in the league, which leads to bad decisions by quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Let's coming fourth down, they gotta have it coming here. Such it's another interception. It's picked off.
Speaker 11: I land up.
Speaker 2: Dan Hurtz had not handled pressure or blitzes all that great in twenty twenty three, an eighty point two rate against it. Five picks.
Speaker 10: Ertz in trouble a Wobblers, He's hit and it's intercepted.
Speaker 4: Bryce Hall with the pick.
Speaker 2: However, he lit Washington up under pressure last week. He was eight for twelve, one hundred and thirty one yards two tds, a rating over one point forty.
Speaker 6: Hurts I controlling wait. Jamb puts back to the bush even touchdown.
Speaker 2: So what about the other way around? Lamb spends most of his time working the slot. The nickel cornerback for Philadelphia hasn't been stable this year due to injuries. They had James Bradbury play there a lot last week, rough games, seventy yards allowed to tds, and no matter where he's played this season, it hasn't been great. Five touchdowns allowed, a rating over one overall. He's the Waldo Dak maybe looking for.
Speaker 10: And if brad Barry's not gonna get a quick jump on you, get his hands on the receiver when he's coming off the line, He's got a run.
Speaker 4: Real fit Termer Clawing can run and he just runs right by him.
Speaker 2: Michael Gallup Brandon Cooks Prescott's other two options. Gallup hasn't done much this year. Cooks caught a TD had forty nine yards last week.
Speaker 4: And is taught. Brandon Cooks with a fourth quarter touchdown and weak eight is all that sowed up.
Speaker 2: Eagles secondary has given up twelve touchdowns to wide receivers this year, a rating of ninety six point nine. They hope the addition of safety Kevin Bayern helps and in this game, they hope their pass rush can tilt things their way. Oddly quiet last week versus a porous Washington O line. Hassan Reddick with their only sack, has six and a half for the year now, samow pressure coms sick. Philadelphia has a healthy enough pressure rate, have plenty of QB hunters that can get to dak. Neither team's run games have sparkled lately consistently anyway. Tony Pollard fifty three yards last week, four point four a run, a.
Speaker 5: Little pitch, Hollard gets a Olie lots up the field.
Speaker 4: Hollard does a first down inside the twenty.
Speaker 2: DeAndre Swift fifty seven yards and a score May two.
Speaker 4: For a first down, Swift, we'll get it a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Both defenses holding running backs to three point six a run. Not easy for teams to do much against. Final note Dallas thirteen takeaways tied for fifth most Eagles thirteen giveaways only five teams with more hurts.
Speaker 10: Gives it up the gate well at Gatebell pulls out puffle football us.
Speaker 4: He could hazard.
Speaker 2: Oh my, they call it Dallas Week in Philadelphia.
Speaker 8: Anytime you go to Philly, Mason just a little bit more, you know, a little bit more fun.
Speaker 4: So U excited for.
Speaker 2: Nick Sirianni isn't shy about his desire to deliver wins over Dallas. For Philadelphia's faithful to feast on and go end. But this feels like a big moment for the Cowboys season. Can't get trucked again under the big lights and expect anyone to believe what do you believe will be the outcome to this game? Fans in Kansas City are watching Germany. This game was supposed to be theirs. You better live it up. It's a gem. Nothing like watching Ex's hookup on a European vacation. Right both teams six and two. Miami has the momentum edge. Casey dropped a giant dud last week versus Denver didn't score a single Tdtuda.
Speaker 12: Stiling Bulger three on the Byle's tetchendom by Simmons.
Speaker 4: Was it a catch? Right now they're signaling it was in.
Speaker 2: A fumble, maybe not having the bad romance. Singer in the stadium heard him. Dolphins, on the other hand, come in off a thirty one to seventeen win over New England, fired on all cylinders for the most part.
Speaker 4: Talk about up to see that's what they like to go. As Hill finds a little bit at dayly.
Speaker 2: But all that seems so one week ago. We all know what's up this week. It's the moment Patrick sees Tyreek on the arm of another team, He'll smile Tyreek bull wave. Both will pretend it's okay, let's no.
Speaker 6: Get it, Let's go get it, Let's go get it.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud of this team, bro, we got to get picked up.
Speaker 2: Here we go Blink got back together. Hill and Mahomes will not. It's not a charade. He's gone. He won't come back, but he will be the focal point of Casey's defense this week.
Speaker 4: Hey, we don't. He isn't every one of us and I'm not a hoopman.
Speaker 2: Out of your filmy should not be lost in all this. This game pits the league's top offense.
Speaker 4: To a look got it's off the sideline, Terrek touchdown? What throw Terrek quick to the inside of bloopass Wow, safety.
Speaker 2: And the corner against one of the best defenses in the NFL this year.
Speaker 12: Here it comes to Loftus. It's a fundle Corloftus were right there? Really Gay getting it? Yes he did.
Speaker 4: Gay retrieves it.
Speaker 2: Kansas City fourth US yards per game allowed, second fewest points per game allowed. Their past defense top ten in rate allowed, yards per attempt, yards per completion, and completion percentage fires it.
Speaker 4: Instead accepting, Oh boy, that was Mike.
Speaker 2: Edwards of jumped in Dolphins offense. Number one in yards per game by a country mile or should it be meters since it's in Germany. I don't know how to convert it though. Number one in points per game, number one in the red zone, top ten on third down, lot's tyreek kilt.
Speaker 4: It looks like they're gonna do a quick little reverse. It's a no look, so.
Speaker 2: Oh look, how about it to a tongue of iloa no qb as more TD passes. He's first in rate yards per game, fourth, best completion percentage, second yards per attempt, third in yards per completion, top five rescuing kittens from trees.
Speaker 4: I believe, hey, if we had a helmet, let's boobally give me the face of it.
Speaker 2: Hill second receptions already has over one thousand yards. That's first scored his eighth touchdown last week. That's first had his fifth one hundred yard game of the year.
Speaker 4: He's got a rag wlow a blow Tyrek Hill. I don't play that is our whole offense, those of that man.
Speaker 2: The Penguin went off last week for the first time too, Jalen waddled and had one hundred and twenty one yards, first triple digit game for him to a.
Speaker 13: Fakes a middle side, who's gonna waltz him?
Speaker 2: Stopping that trio ain't gonna be easy. Obviously, all five of Casey's DB's will have to be locked in every down all game long. Lugerius Snead listens to a lot of Ricky Nelson. I doubt it, but he is a traveling man. He probably takes on a lot of Tyreek's routes. He's had a great twenty twenty three, holding quarterbacks to a sub sixty rating, no touchdowns allowed.
Speaker 4: Tap a way, what a play by Snead. Wow, what extension there by Snead. This secondary is outstanding, Jim.
Speaker 2: He will need help from his safeties, though Hill is not a one man job, and sometimes not even a two man job. Safety Brian Cook hasn't played the pass well, rating allowed near one hundred and has allowed three touchdowns. His partner, safety Justin Reid, has though, holding his targets to a sub eighty rating. Kansas City secondary has played wide receivers tough overall, holding them to an eighty one point three rate and complaints.
Speaker 4: Reed was the ONEO this time got the pass defense.
Speaker 2: But the trick is they have to be able to defend passes that come out quick, tua fastest on the draw, No QB is getting rid of the ball. Quicker, who's going to be as Huckleberry thoughtson, just.
Speaker 4: Get it to waddle into the fla wattle ducks inside the tenth.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go into the weeds for a second, because this game deserves it. Chiefs have held wide receivers on passes under two and a half seconds to an eighty two point eight rate tenth best Bike Dawson, and.
Speaker 14: That has smell Dot perfectly set that that Donald Conner is right there to stop him, setting up third down to two.
Speaker 2: The two times Miami has lost games, Tongue of Iloa took three plus sacks. It's not easy to get to him, obviously. The Chiefs front comes in off a six sack performance versus denvers a big time sack Russell Wilson holds the ball a lot longer, though, But Casey's front has three guys with five and a half or more sacks this season, Mike Dana, Chris Jones, George carloftis their leader with six, so then he's gonna go.
Speaker 4: Down his sacks run down.
Speaker 2: By Carloftus Charles omenihew looms as well, one and a half bags in his two games. Those dudes also have to defend the run well, though rah Heem Moster leads the league in rushing tds with ten averages five point four yards per carry, Moster diving touchdown. Stopping running backs still a problem for Kansas City four and a half a run allowed two backs. Only four teams have given up a higher figure.
Speaker 4: Rock By I'm playing there those.
Speaker 2: The expectation in this game is we're gonna see a lot of fireworks, right. Kansas City's offense third in yards per game, twelfth in points per game, fourth, best on third down.
Speaker 4: Third and sixths coming. He's got for a white promac look top. It's keel sick.
Speaker 2: Not on Miami's levels, but not too shabby. Miami's defense isn't on Kansas City's level, middle of the packing yards per game allowed twenty fifth and points per game allowed pass defense giving up a rating near one hundred twenty sixth, which is where they're ranked in completion percentage too.
Speaker 13: Fourth and goal from the three Jones Sidey's top too, Zuo smith.
Speaker 2: Sous Holmes was sick last week, part of the reason for the dud in theory two i iNTS, no touchdowns. The one thing that stood out about him this year those picks. Eight Now for the season, he's on pace to throw more picks than he has ever in a season.
Speaker 12: Homes getting away from Benito and then just beating it down field and it's inner secod.
Speaker 2: We all know the deal. Though, he's still head of the class as a QB. Five games, He's had two hundred and seventy plus yards and Mahomes.
Speaker 11: Goes for Kelsey at line of the parcos Stepharns justin sentence a forty yard pass.
Speaker 2: Play Priority number one for Miami secondary. Travis Kelcey. Travis probably listening to a little shake it out last week, Good Florence in the Machine song. He's averaging seven catches a game, over eighty yards per game. He has four tdso's drat Kelsey.
Speaker 12: Travis Kelcey with a big time reception.
Speaker 2: Dolphins secondary has struggled with the tight end position one hundred and nine point three rate allowed to the big guys. Only three teams have given up more yards to tight end than they have.
Speaker 4: What a pass Matt Jones threading that needled at federal Brown.
Speaker 2: Mahomes needs more than Kelsey. Though Rashi Rice is second on the team in targets, seems the most likely candidate to emerge as the third leg to their passing attack.
Speaker 12: Race gets clause Singleton gets the speeds closed downfielder.
Speaker 2: Miami hasn't played wide receivers great, but they did not have Jalen Ramsey until last week. He endeared himself to fins up right away.
Speaker 4: Pass in accepted. Jalen glamsay he's got his first pick. It is Dolphins debut.
Speaker 2: Dolphin's pass rush also has the ability to swing things. Jalen Phillips, Christian Watson, Bradley Chubb all had sacks last week.
Speaker 4: Mc Jones is leveled.
Speaker 13: Jalen Phillips coming with some heavy heat.
Speaker 2: Mahomes protection was an issue for him last week too. Took three sacks, got hit eleven times.
Speaker 4: Miss Pucket Sundow. Oh, it looks like done for man.
Speaker 2: I've gotten the Chiefs run game. Mahomes and Isaiah Pacheco. Pachecko at four point three a run, Mahomes averaging close to thirty rushing yards per game. Still, Dolphins run defense has held things down under four a run in twenty twenty three. Okay, that's more than enough. You'd assume Lady Gaga would make the trek to Germany this week since it's such a big deal, but who knows. Cincinnati Bengals at home for Sunday Night football this week, finally feeling like the Bengals who Day were expecting at the start of the season.
Speaker 10: Trying to find some breathing room and it's still alive as he throws and it's caught by Higgins.
Speaker 4: What a so satan'll play?
Speaker 2: That's funny because Bill's mafia feels the same way about their squad.
Speaker 7: Back to pass and He's gonna tuck it and run right up the gun down to the five looking for.
Speaker 4: The adzund touchdown. Buffalo really stupast.
Speaker 2: This is one of the great A matchups of Week nine. Joe Burrow coming in off a dominant outing versus San Francisco last week.
Speaker 4: Plank shit toward chase mates the catches. He's running out a bounds the he got his faith out in downs.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen in Buffalo's offense looked equally in Fuego.
Speaker 14: This time the protection is fabulous and the pass is two inside the ten.
Speaker 2: He is feeling it in his own the key to Buffalo's passing attack looking right, diversity. It wasn't just the Stefan Digg show. Gabe Davis, Dalton, Kincaid, Khalil Shakir all produced versus Tampa Bay. It's the first time their offense really showed case all its potential.
Speaker 4: Let's come in.
Speaker 10: Throws it out to the right, flat complete the Shakir while the backside gets away from a tackler.
Speaker 7: After the forty run through another one and the Bill sideline is jumping twenty five yard catch and run by Shakir.
Speaker 2: Diggs didn't have a huge outing versus Tampa, and part because they chose to make someone else beat them. They doubled him a lot. Can Allen worked with a supporting cast as effectively against the Bengals. Shakir had over ninety yards week Eate.
Speaker 14: Alan to the outshot, all commands first down after the eighteen yard line goes Bhilil Shakir.
Speaker 2: Big game. Gabe had close to ninety yards. He scored again. Alan backed to pass fires to the end zone wide open tick Gabe Davis let touchdown maker Diggs for his part seventy yards versus the Bucks on nine catches, and he was pretty clutch in the clutch too.
Speaker 4: Fires it out to Digs on the left side.
Speaker 10: He's got the first down and pulling a tackler with him out to the forty three yard line.
Speaker 4: Big Furst out.
Speaker 2: For I missed that guy. How does Joe Dirt get a sequel with a pretty clutch guy can't land a follow up commercial. Bengals did give up one hundred and nine yards to Brandon Aiyuk, but they picked off a ball intended for him too. No touchdowns allowed. On the year, they have strapped wide outs to a seventy rate. Only two teams have been tougher on the position.
Speaker 4: He's intercepted back to back throws. He's intercepted by.
Speaker 2: Wilson cornerbacks Cam Taylor, Britt Mike Hilton. Stellar seasons for Cincinnati. But then there's Kincaid sixty five yards in a TD last week in.
Speaker 10: A rollout through his right looking for somebody, throws it back across the Bilica cade.
Speaker 7: Waltz is into the epsode first's first.
Speaker 2: Touchdown against one of the most generous defenses against tight ends, a one to twenty point four rate given up to the position after letting George Kittle rack up one hundred and forty nine yards on throws.
Speaker 4: For Kettle, He's got it a big chunk up the seam out of the slot. George Kittle man right through their defense.
Speaker 2: Battle between Buffalo's tackles and Cincinnati's defensive is big. Bill's right tackle. Spencer Brown has allowed four sacks, most on the team. He's allowed the most pressures on the team too. He will get Sam Hubbard. He took down Brock Purty last week as a bag in back to back games.
Speaker 4: Fourth Goald Smith. He's dos Hubbard.
Speaker 2: And Raider Crey. Hendrickson comes off the left versus Dion Dawkins. His pressure rate at the top when it comes to left tackles that makes this a heavyweight bout. Hendrickson a sack last week, his eighth of the year.
Speaker 4: Has chased down and the ball is out and recovered by Hill. Hendrickson forced at the strip sack.
Speaker 2: Bengals defense can't overlook Buffalo's run game. Alan took off seven times last week, had that score forty one yards on close to six a run.
Speaker 4: Alan step it up.
Speaker 14: Here he goes again, running for a first down, sliding to his stock.
Speaker 2: The Bengals gave up fifty seven rush yards to brock Purdy didn't know he was a runner.
Speaker 4: We'll get purty, nice little wiggle.
Speaker 2: They also gave up four point five a run to CMC only fifty four yards, but only twelve carries four point five allowed to running backs on the year. It's not a strong suit of theirs.
Speaker 4: First play is a give to McCaffrey and there was an opening there.
Speaker 2: That's an opening for Cook, who went for four point eight on his fourteen tries last week, sixty seven yards. They don't lead with the run, but they need production from it to be right.
Speaker 14: Inside handle put on the outside.
Speaker 4: Nice move up for a game of nineteen.
Speaker 2: Speaking of run games, Burrow wasn't the only star for the Bengals offense last week. Joe Mixon went for five point four a carry and a touchdown. He did more than keep the defense honest eighty seven yards.
Speaker 11: Hey, look, they clear the way for Mixon and perhaps the knockout punch.
Speaker 4: And this is all mixing. That ball is still spent.
Speaker 2: A Bills have allowed four point eight to run to running backs. Only two teams worse on that front. If they have trouble with Mixon, it makes stopping Burrow that much harder. He went for two hundred and eighty three yards, three touchdowns, almost nine yards per attempt, a rating over one thirty versus the forty nine ers. That's not WKRP, But Johnny Fever couldn't have put on a much better show.
Speaker 4: Here's Burrow down the middle and boy threads it.
Speaker 2: Bill's secondary burrow faces hasn't been as locked down as it used to be on the year eighty five point four rating. That's okay, but over seven yards per attempt not elite. Buffalo held Mayfield under six yards per throw. He didn't gash them by any means. They controlled Tampa Bay's passing game for the most part.
Speaker 4: That's caught over the minute. Horns to put the yard on, Boyard put the hit.
Speaker 2: On, and need to be a little more careful on how they handle those hail Mary's though, and have to be careful with how they handled Jamar Chase last week. One hundred more yards in a touchdown?
Speaker 6: Why open a touchdown Jamar Chase?
Speaker 2: Oh what a flip followed by the usual suspects, and these ones don't. Land T Higgins gave him sixty nine yards last.
Speaker 4: Week open his chase. That is Higgins. I beg your pardon. Higgins with a nice catch in his longest up the season.
Speaker 2: Tyler Boyd forty yards in a score.
Speaker 4: He's there and it is caught for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Tyler Boyd, only one of Buffalo's secondary members that Chase and Company will do battle with, has a sub ninety rate in twenty twenty three. Ninety seven point four rate allowed to wide receivers this year. That's high.
Speaker 4: Mayfeel fire rink caught wide open.
Speaker 2: Cornerback Christian Benford rating over one hundred. Cornerback Terren Johnson a rating over one twenty. Cornerback Dame Jackson a rating near one twenty. Safety Jordan Poyer a mid nineties rating.
Speaker 4: Quick slant plenty of cushion from Dame Jackson.
Speaker 2: Safety Micah Hyde to Loane's sub ninety Dude at eighty one point five. Can their pass rush swing things?
Speaker 4: They got?
Speaker 2: Defensive tackle at Oliver back that's big. He had one of Buffalo's three sacks against Tampa Bay. He has five for the season.
Speaker 14: Now Mayfield under pressure, Downy goes in the forty six yard line.
Speaker 2: Bucks offense was number one in sacks allowed, too, but they hit Baker ten times.
Speaker 14: They feel stepping up dancing look out play second.
Speaker 2: Leonard Floyd leads the team with six and a half bags. Aj epenel Essa has five, Greg Russo three Von Miller. Dressing like Stefan Diggs does not mean you should pass rush like him. Zero sacks in his four games. Burrow is used to it though. Three sacks taken in four straight games now.
Speaker 4: Said Sinnattie. The big pass played it, Higgins add and look at the forty nine er defense.
Speaker 2: But you get it right. Three taken in each of their last three, and they won them all. This matchup is starting to take on a little beefy texture to it, feeling a little like Zoolander versus Hansel. Bengals knocked Buffalo out of the playoffs last year. What happens in the follow up Premiere Week nine bout Baltimore Ravens at six and two, welcoming a fellow feathered friend to the nest, The five and two Seattle Seahawks headed east as leaders of the NFC West.
Speaker 10: Smith screamed Jackson, Smith and Chickba looking for the lead and with dep shit for the Seahawks offense, touched out Seahawks lead.
Speaker 2: You know, Smith may have been rough most of last week, but he was pretty clutch like that dude would say, pretty clutch when it mattered most versus Cleveland. And so was the Seahawks defense, which set the comeback victory up with a late game I int pressure coming from Adams and that's batted and.
Speaker 11: It is picked off Julian Love baterception of the biggest moall man.
Speaker 2: This is where we start with them. Raven's offense taking on a d that has stiffened up as of late. It's an excited bunch after giving up twenty seven plus weeks one through three, they have not allowed anyone to score more than twenty their last four games.
Speaker 10: Walker out of the range of his receiver to Joko and Torry Wooland.
Speaker 2: Sets up a beefy matchup because Baltimore's offense eleventh most yards per game, seventh in points per game, sixth best on third down.
Speaker 4: Pressure coming going and for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson didn't light it up through the air last week, but kind of didn't need to. They got up so early. It turned into a don't mess up hand off a lot to Gus Edwards, who had eighty yards and three tds.
Speaker 9: Run to the lefts Edwards bounce is out, tots it up and darts in.
Speaker 4: Ravens.
Speaker 2: On paper still very much are run first team. They lead the NFL in rush attempts, twenty ninth in pass attempts. It's the same kind of split they've put up in seasons past.
Speaker 9: Cart at full ben leads the way for Edward, who scoots in touchdown Ravens.
Speaker 2: Edwards is the lead man, but only thirteen carries a game. Lamar second, with nine attempts per game forty seven rushing yards per game on average.
Speaker 8: Well, just when you're thinking it's a regular run, regular run, regular run.
Speaker 4: Lamar pulls it. That is deadly man. That is so hard to defend.
Speaker 2: They mix in Justice Hill as well. Seattle faced forty Cleveland runs last week, held them to three point nine per run.
Speaker 4: But they give it to forward.
Speaker 10: He's going a long way to try to pick up two yards, and Jamal Adams was the first man there for the Seahawk defense.
Speaker 2: Seattle still the toughest team for running backs to test holding Gus's position at just three point one.
Speaker 4: Here comes Kareem Hunts nothing there.
Speaker 2: Good penetration by Wagner, but when it comes to Lamar, they're on the other end of the spectrum. Five point four yards per carry allowed to quarterbacks in twenty twenty three, only one team worse.
Speaker 10: Oh that's a keeper for Walker. The little hop step in that gid you up is he takes it close to the sticks.
Speaker 2: As for when they pass, Jackson has a one hundred and one rate on his throes, a healthy seven point eight yards per attempt, nine touchdowns, three iron.
Speaker 4: T's now he's in trouble.
Speaker 15: Escapes to the right, don't looking down here allowed as deep it's out of fifteen.
Speaker 5: He's got a man, say flowers nice to.
Speaker 2: Catch Mark Andrews still his go to scored last week his sixth trip to the paint.
Speaker 9: Jackson to throw Buck Bakes off his back, But there's Andrews.
Speaker 4: Ross Is on the muddies.
Speaker 2: Seattle gave up seventy seven yards and a TD to tight end David and Joku last week. Tight Ends haven't killed them this year, but they haven't locked them up either.
Speaker 10: Orbit motion another pressure play and Walker delivers on target on his way to the end zone.
Speaker 4: And it is a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Say Flowers next up on the Baltimore passing totem pole. He got held in check last week. Seattle's secondary being healthy has made things tough on opposing wide receivers. Greek Woolen, Devin Witherspoon, Tray Brown, all holding quarterbacks to sub eighty rates.
Speaker 10: Walker one on one tight window throw. It's Trey Brown in front of a Mari Cooper.
Speaker 2: Then you get to the Seattle pass rush. It could alter things. Fifth most sacks in the NFL three sacks last week, Boye Mafey nabtist. Fifth has won in five straight games.
Speaker 10: Seattle brings an extra band and Walker gets swallowed up by Boyer Buffey.
Speaker 2: Plus, they traded for Giants defensive tackle Leonard Williams two. Jackson took four sacks to Arizona. Pass rushers has taken three plus sacks in five of their eight games.
Speaker 4: Jacket Forth still look take it's.
Speaker 2: Cobbled up again. They live with those unless he coughs it up. Sacks and pressure are a bigger deal to Gino. He hasn't been especially sharp lately, has faced pressure on thirty nine percent of his dropbacks this season eighth most had a seventy eight rating last week. Two picks faced heat forty four point seven percent of the time. Has thrown five iron t's in his last three games.
Speaker 10: There comes pressure, Smith gets ready fast, it's deflected of the air w play by more.
Speaker 2: Race horse Ravens do sport a pass rush that loves to get home. Three more sacks last week, added to their league leading bag total.
Speaker 9: Four man rush does can't get rid of its, can't pierce, makes contact flumble.
Speaker 2: Should be noted their pressure rate is average and they don't blitz a lot. It's part of the formula, though. Smith facing the league's top rated pass defense and rating five point four yards per attempt allowed. That's number one yards per completion, first third fewest yards per game.
Speaker 9: Play action rollout dobbs unleash is intercepted.
Speaker 4: What's a jenc no stone.
Speaker 2: They take on a wide receiver driven passing attack this week Tyler Lockett eighty one yards. Last week a td.
Speaker 10: Jeno's Smith spins away for the pressure, throws it to the corner of the eggs for Locket, who taps the toes for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Jackson Smith and Jigba had the game winner thirty six yards. DK Metcalf sixty seven yards versus Cleveland spin to Metcalf this.
Speaker 10: Time and out, both guys getting back involved down to the forty.
Speaker 4: One yard line.
Speaker 2: DK did not really have it his way versus the Browns, though fourteen targets only five receptions. Ravens cornerbacks won't be any easier to beat, holding white outs to a sub seventy rating second lowest.
Speaker 8: It gets so tough down here. I mean, the windows are just so small. There's no way to stretch the defense vertically set it.
Speaker 2: Last week, Baltimore hasn't been lights out versus running backs. They sit at four point three a run allowed to the spot. Seattle's backs looked great last week, they just didn't get used much for whatever reason. Zach Charbona fifty three yards on five carries, Kenneth Walker sixty six yards on eight carries, So more carries.
Speaker 10: Then there is Walker with a big hole and a long run into the zone. Go to Seahawks with a big play.
Speaker 2: This is the best one pm game on the docket next week, or ten am game, or whatever time it is where you live. Twelves in Flockers. It's an la versus New York affair. The Chargers heading east looking to climb back to five hundred, taking on the Jets, who are a game over five hundred. Now, plenty of optimism buzzing around Gangreen. Jets defense just got done putting on a modern day showing like none you'll ever see. So justin herbert question, what do you have for a d that just held an offense to minus nine yards passing? When you account for yards loss to.
Speaker 4: SATs Tyler, you're the season for.
Speaker 2: Prisaw minus nine yards on fourteen pass attempts. Herbert's answer, I'm much taller than Danny DeVito, so that ain't happening again this week. And you do realize you were a missed field goal away from losing a game where you held a team to minus nine yards passing.
Speaker 4: The nose kick is no God, no God? What twenty four seconds left?
Speaker 2: Adding to the craziness, did Aaron Rodgers slip Zach Wilson a little of his favorite natural herbal supplement to make Zach think he was Aaron Wilson leading the Jets down the field in the waning moments like he was a seasoned vet to send it to overtime.
Speaker 4: Say send the pack to your post of escapes. Turns on the run, he's got down.
Speaker 2: Wilson throwing for two hundred and forty yards, no picks a touchdown. That's a win in Jets country. They take that from him every week.
Speaker 4: Wilson. The first down over the middle was Wilson. Lack person front, still good pace. Look take it. It's a fifty yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: Jets passing attack consists of the occasional dumped running back Greasee Hall. He didn't do squat as a runner, but as a receiver had a fifty yarder. He is a big splash play waiting to happen every time he touches the ball.
Speaker 16: Wilson quick passed at pre Saul has got some space in front. A couple of hesitation moves, and he's still going.
Speaker 2: Garrett Wilson the centerpiece to their passing attack, though showed why last week. With one hundred yards on the nose, here comes the Bots.
Speaker 4: Wilson comes. Clock it. Garrett Wilson lug is down.
Speaker 2: And he's got the first down on one hand. Maybe they keep it going. La has some of the worst numbers against quarterbacks in the game twenty seventh and rating allowed, most yards per game allowed rough across the board. No matter what passing metric you pick.
Speaker 6: Ruscott left side of the end zone, randit, couchs, cut it, touchdown.
Speaker 2: Their mindset is this, our numbers are better after we shut down Tyson beagent last week no touchdowns, two picks and no disrespect. But what's the real difference between Baigent and Wilson page it in the.
Speaker 13: Middle and his intercepted Derwin James after the contact comes away.
Speaker 4: With a pick.
Speaker 2: The Jets have scored twenty three plus just once they compete and win because of that defense, eighth fewest points per game allowed, top five in the red zone, and they finally got their stud cornerback duo back. So Chargers receivers have to deal with DJ Reid and Sauce Gardner. Herbert will test them. Two hundred and ninety eight yards last week, three touchdowns, rating over one, twenty clean efficient games.
Speaker 5: Their cornerback Jalen Johnson going back the safety coming over.
Speaker 2: It is hard to be the Keenan Allen is LA's top wide receiver. He's more often than not the slot guy. So sauce and Reid won't face him much. Still, it won't be easy for him. Jets nickel cornerback is one of the best in the biz, Michael Carter holding his targets to an eighty four point four race.
Speaker 10: Hurts will swing it to swift, swift on the edge, chased out of bounds by Michael Carter.
Speaker 2: LA finally saw rookie wide receiver Quinton Johnston show up fifty yards last week, most he's had all years scams.
Speaker 4: Johnston got away from all that years really really good.
Speaker 2: The big X factor running back Austin Eckler like Hall, not much as a runner last week, but ninety four receiving yards and a Tdtler a.
Speaker 13: Ton of ruin Austin at Coran the run of the twenty four yard lock.
Speaker 2: The Jets have struggled with running backs as receivers for the season, clearly not last week, but overall ninety eight point one rating allowed to backs.
Speaker 4: There's Pollard turns it upfield. He's got another game.
Speaker 2: Herbert will have to perform under pressure. Jets pressure rate second highest in the league, coupled with a super low blitz rate.
Speaker 4: If veto Trusser's coming and he is sacked Sirmine.
Speaker 2: Chilson, Herbert goes from a plus one hundred rate guy to a seventy nine point two rate guy. Under pressure, Herbert with an.
Speaker 4: Opened down field by his time, Keenan Allen trying to cook back to it.
Speaker 2: Herbert has faced a below average pressure rate for the year, though makes the trenches fun to watch. Then La Rams heading east to green Bay this week three and five on the year after a bad loss to Dallas last week.
Speaker 4: This is what sports is about.
Speaker 2: How do we respond? They get the Packers on a four game losing streak that was obviously watch time for one of these two teams to turn the ship around.
Speaker 4: It's frustrating, man, you know, I'm frustrated.
Speaker 2: Everybody in that locker room's frustrated.
Speaker 8: Playing a simple we're not winning.
Speaker 2: Green Bay's offense their biggest problem so far. They have many we got to catch it, we got to throw it better, we got to catch it better. But it's the ZiT on your nose on prom night, they have to be able to score some points. Ten points last week under twenty one. Now five straight games.
Speaker 4: Fourth down and sixteen love steps up. Gallay will run. We'll look to pick up the first down and it stopped short short.
Speaker 2: Packers went for it four times on fourth down versus Minnesota only converted once five for fourteen on third down, didn't pick up a first down for twenty five plus minutes.
Speaker 4: There's Love on fourth down throws, crack it up.
Speaker 2: We're not obviously getting the results that anybody wants. Green Bay has had to rely on its passing attack most games for a variety of reasons. Packers went from singing along with the Beatles Jordan Love looked great weeks one and two to singing along with the Black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 4: To bump me right now. I need to find consistency in my.
Speaker 2: Play seventy two point one rating last week, one touchdown, one pick under six yards per attempt, only one pass for twenty plus yards sub ninety one rate in five straight games. Now he's been picked off five straight games.
Speaker 4: As Love airs it out looking for Reid.
Speaker 2: Oh, because Jordan got cheeseheads questioning you know where is the Love only faced pressure thirty percent of the time too. That's low, So he wasn't under duress a ton.
Speaker 3: From those situations where I was holding the ball a little bit too much, you know, the sacks the stripped fumble.
Speaker 2: He did take four sacks, though Love waits.
Speaker 4: He looked and lost of us stripped away covered up.
Speaker 2: Love relies on wideouts mostly to get the ball to Jayden Reid was the one bright spot for them last week. Four catches over eighty yards.
Speaker 6: Love looks bye, time still waiting now fire lipsyc got a man wide open in Jaydon Ray forced out them out rous the fifty.
Speaker 2: But Love could not connect with Christian wattson a Romeo Dobbs on the regular. Seventeen targets combined versus Minnesota only seven catches fifty one yards, A lot of drops for the youngsters. We had like six drop balls.
Speaker 4: Took it out at six pass it complete, bounced away from Lara Jones.
Speaker 2: So now take that bunch and line them up against a Rams defense that made Dak Prescott look great again. Over three hundred yards allowed to him, almost ten yards per attempt, four tds a rating over one thirty third and eight.
Speaker 5: Four man rush Prescott estaks, rolling, looking throwing the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Guess who Rams could not handle? Cd LAMB fourteen targets, twelve catches, one hundred and fifty eight yards two tds. The Rams had played wide receivers tough for the year, had played the pass well for the year, but not last week. Last few weeks, their cornerback play has been subpar.
Speaker 5: It's Prescott ovin middle fire talk ceed Lamb touchdown Dallas.
Speaker 2: LA's defense isn't as bad as they looked versus Dallas.
Speaker 4: It's a good humbling day for us.
Speaker 2: But they aren't being let through the back door at any Hollywood bars these days either.
Speaker 5: Prescott watching an zone has a man cut touchdown.
Speaker 2: Brandon Cooks okay, Aaron Donald still gets in. Even the biggest, baddest doorman sees him and is like, go right on through, mister ad He had two sacks last week.
Speaker 4: Prescott looking to pick up another one pressure from his right Key's hit. He's wrapped up. Aaron Donald frozen to the ter.
Speaker 2: Could Green Bay drop a run heavy attack for La. The pitch count Aaron Jones has been on is worse than a starting pitcher in baseball seven carries last week, hasn't had ten in a game yet, Packers rush attack only seventeen tokes week eight, Jones four point winner run.
Speaker 6: At least those Jones fuck the middle for another hackers first out of the crop.
Speaker 2: The Rams gave up four point four to Tony Pollard last week have allowed four point two to running backs on the season.
Speaker 5: Pitch Lollard gets her out of the edge, cuts up the field. Collard is a first down inside the twenty.
Speaker 2: Then there's the Rams offense not coming in feeling very groovy either.
Speaker 4: Oh he hits it again in Oh, he hits it again.
Speaker 2: Matthew Stafford left last week's game hurt. Have to track his thumb this week or we could see some more Brett Rippin. Stafford didn't sparkle before departing either. Sub eighty eight got picked off. It was taken home too.
Speaker 4: Cowboys bring pressure Stafford. Season fires up.
Speaker 5: It's another pick sixt to Ron Glad has his third of the year.
Speaker 2: Cooper Cup just twenty one yards. He's been taken out of their last two games under thirty yards in each both losses.
Speaker 5: Stafford gets rid of it a cup somehow caught it on his back shoulder dead.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be short of a first out.
Speaker 2: And this time Pooka Nakua didn't go off. He only caught three balls for forty three yards. If running back Darryl Henderson is there leading receiver again. Tough to see things going well for their offense.
Speaker 5: Fourth and two, blitz is coming. Rithbi fires to.
Speaker 2: Nowhere then again. The Green Bay defense they faced this week gave up two hundred and seventy four yards to Kirk Cousins, almost nine yards per attempt to TDS no picks a rating over one twenty against Minnesota's wideouts one hundred and ninety one yards are rating allowed near one to twenty as well.
Speaker 4: Gives Minnesota a twenty three to three lead.
Speaker 2: Packers pass rush does have guys who can disrupt the flow. Kenny Clark got a sack last week, Preston Smith with two.
Speaker 4: Check it out bull cup close Packers have it.
Speaker 2: Packers got hit with eleven flags last week, ninety nine yards.
Speaker 4: We were in third and long for.
Speaker 2: A lot of the game. Got to clean that up, among other things. Both teams clearly with a lot to clean up on both sides of the ball. I know everybody's frustrated.
Speaker 10: I'm frustrated, certainly, not for lack of effort, but ultimately, this game's only gets you so far up.
Speaker 2: Not here to dress up a pig or put makeup on one not sure how that saying goes. One of these teams needs the other this week to feel better about themselves. We're back at home, back to five hundred chance at a last minute comeback. Victory slipped through their fingers last week.
Speaker 4: You think, oh, I lost the game for my team. No, that's a game ending play.
Speaker 2: They take on the Minnesota Vikings back two five hundred after winning their third in a row.
Speaker 4: Clackings start for the Packers twenty Cousins throws cot touchdown Madison.
Speaker 2: If you were here for the Desmond Ritter Kirk Cousins showdown, We've got some bad news.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: No, we don't have bad news. We have the symbol of the twenty twenty three season to showcase. It's about the next man up. It's about the roster. It's about the fact that Atlanta's offense looked pretty good after it relaxed, sat back and cracked a heinekeet hein oky back shouldon.
Speaker 4: Kyle Pitts has it first down across the thirty five.
Speaker 2: And it's about the fact that when someone took over the Starship Enterprise from Captain Kirk, it was Captain Picard and things still went pretty good for the outfit.
Speaker 4: Icketson picks up a first down.
Speaker 2: Have to know when to take the butter's view on life and shelf the cartman perspective. You know Jaren Hall captained the Viking ship for now. He went to Byu taken in the fifth round. Likes long walks in the park in good conversation. He would lead the league in completion percentage if four was the minimum qualifier.
Speaker 4: Wall's first career pass attep caught by kJ Osborne Taylor.
Speaker 2: Heinike also came off the bench last week in a game that still mattered too one hundred and seventy five yards over eight yards per attempt to touch down, no picks or rating over one hundred.
Speaker 4: We know his deal.
Speaker 2: He's scrappy, ends on does he hang on?
Speaker 4: Yes, he does touchdown Scottie Miller.
Speaker 2: It's a which substitute teacher is best position to look good this week. Heineke has the advantage of previous rodeos under the old belt. Will he have Atlanta's best wide receiver though Drake London had fifty five yards last week.
Speaker 10: Watch London, big body goes up, strong hands, takes the hip, secures the ball.
Speaker 2: Excellent play hurt his groin, so have to see if he's good to go for this game. Though, Cadaryl Hodge had seventy five yards for him, Heineke hooking up with him for a fifty two yarders.
Speaker 7: Cut by Hodge breaking a tackle.
Speaker 4: Then he's in the Titan territory cuts it back inside the twenty five.
Speaker 2: So what kind of secondary does Taylor face. Vikings numbers for the year aren't good ninety six point two rating aloud, completion percentage allowed near seventy. However, they come off a solid showing versus Jordan Love, held him under six yards per attempt, only one touchdown, picked him off, held him to a low seventies race.
Speaker 4: Great great coverage.
Speaker 3: Look at that puts his arm right in the brad basket, pulls the ball out and gets the interception.
Speaker 2: For the Vikings, they buried Love four times too. Daneil Hunter picked up his league leading tenth sack.
Speaker 4: You watched that, Daniel Hunter.
Speaker 3: He turns the corner as well as any defensive end outside linebacker in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Dj Wanham got home twice to Minnesota, far and away the blitz happiest team around. Heinike got blitzed seven times last week five for seven against it.
Speaker 10: He oka shoulder Kyle Pitts has it first down across the thirty five.
Speaker 2: So what stands in Hall's way from success in his first start. Well, Atlanta's defense just faced a quarterback making his very first start. Gave up four touchdowns to Will Levis a rating over one thirty over eight yards per attempt. No Iront's nice.
Speaker 15: Little double move coming all the way across.
Speaker 4: And then what roll by, Well, he's on the.
Speaker 13: Hatch when he starts on the far hatch when he starts after that, ball's are there?
Speaker 4: Ball just laid out there perfectly.
Speaker 2: They don't usually harassed quarterbacks much, but they did with him, pressured him over forty three percent of the time. Can't ask for much more. They gave up three touchdowns to DeAndre Hopkins one hundred and twenty eight yards too. No wiggle when he comes through it full speed catching that ball, because.
Speaker 4: That's a heater. He just picks it up.
Speaker 2: Paul does have some nice options to toss the rock to. kJ Osborne went for ninety nine yards on eight catches last week.
Speaker 4: Cousins k kJ off Pourt first down and more.
Speaker 2: Rookie wide receiver Jordan Addison's seven catches over eighty yards a touchdown four games in a row. He's experienced. Bob ross Country has seven tds for the season.
Speaker 4: A nice completion. It was supposed to be a screenplay. Both he and Addison on the same page. They did not give up on the play. Kirk Cousins makes a nice brow for the complete.
Speaker 2: S plus, Falcons have to worry about tight end TJ. Hawkinson six catches eighty eight yards in a TV last week. Back to back eighty plus yard games.
Speaker 4: Dozins look again? Zone throws, touchdown GJ. Hockinson.
Speaker 2: Maybe lucky for Hall. Atlanta has one of the lowest pressure rates in the NFL for twenty twenty three, and they saw Grady Jarrett leave hurt last week too.
Speaker 4: That pop games behind.
Speaker 2: Vikings run game could get used more. Alexander Madison couldn't crack two yards per carry last week, cam Akers two point one run. Minnesota ran third thirty times, averaged just two per run.
Speaker 4: Oh chuck it out at two bis Patterson.
Speaker 2: Falcons ground game appears to have a better chance of making some noise. Vjon Robinson is a threat. Sixty two yards last week in a score on five point six a run only eleven attempts has hit at five plus for the season.
Speaker 4: Yes one gets the quarter and he's in touchdown.
Speaker 2: Falcons both defenses, for what it's worth, holding running backs under four per run for the year. It's a new start for one of these teams. One of those dudes is going to be one to er after this week. The New England Patriots are at home to start November. They welcome the Washington Commanders. Jonathan Allen unfortunately still feeling tired of tired seven years at assigned you know stuff, after losing five of their last six. Now both teams come off losses. Washington, though, showed a little more fight in theirs.
Speaker 4: A floying touchdown touch Suden.
Speaker 2: This is another quarterback matchup game, or pass defense matchup game, if you want to look at it that way. Both teams have running games like the Tattoo Artist and the Commercials. They are two of the rush attacks in the NFL. Both averaged less than one hundred yards a game. Neither cracked ninety last week, so major X factors.
Speaker 6: Robinson will lose yardage. Here comes to Eagle defense.
Speaker 2: So let's move on. Sam Howell has put in a request for New England to wear green helmets with wings on.
Speaker 6: Them pressure us to hold the Dallas Coats an attacks.
Speaker 2: Howell has looked really good against Philadelphia twice this year. Comes into this game off a three hundred and ninety seven yard four TD plus one ten rating outing dash is hard.
Speaker 4: Time horn inside the forty five.
Speaker 2: He did have an interception, but still close to four hundred yards and maybe the biggest headline only got sacked once. That's like nothing for a dude that was on pace to set the sack record. Only got pressured thirty percent of dropbacks. That's low, and it was against a stacked Eagles pass rush too.
Speaker 8: For a dude who's been sacked forty times, the poise, the confidence and the courage to stand back there and deliver the football has been exceptional.
Speaker 2: You could see him maybe getting okay protection again this week too. The Pats defense he takes on has a below average pressure rate in twenty twenty three. That's made it tough on their secondary. They gave up a plus one hundred rate to two a toungueo by Lowa last week. Rating given up for the year now to quarterbacks ninety three point one.
Speaker 4: To a faxver a middle set open hudos goot A woltz In.
Speaker 2: Patriots do have one of the highest blitz rates, though Howell torched Philadelphia when they sent five plus at him last week twelve for fourteen over one hundred and forty yards a touchdown, a rating over one thirty.
Speaker 4: Pressure of how he has to lad the dusts a.
Speaker 2: Catch Howell mid nineties rating versus the blitz for the season too. Howell used every type of pass catcher well. In their Week eight loss, running backs Antonio Gibson and Brian Robinson had post of fifty yards combined tightened Logan Thomas a touchdown in forty four yards.
Speaker 10: Oh for the end zone.
Speaker 6: Long good Thomas law.
Speaker 2: Sets of touchdown Sam racked up lots of wide receiver yards too. Terry McLaurin six catches over forty yards in a touchdown, holding one for the end zone.
Speaker 4: So lat sets a touchdown Terry's.
Speaker 2: A Clarence Jamison Crowder seven targets seven catches ninety five yards in a TV.
Speaker 4: But you can't run down there and put it in the gut of the receiver any.
Speaker 10: Better than that.
Speaker 2: Jehan Dotson over one hundred yards eight catches in the score.
Speaker 4: Back of the n zone. Holland opened at the nineteen. Johan Dotson.
Speaker 2: Patriots gave up three touchdowns to wide receivers last week, rating over one oh five. That was the Cheetah and the Penguin. But for the year, New England's given up a ninety eight rating to wideouts, so not a strength either way.
Speaker 4: How did he get out of it? Touchdown?
Speaker 2: Patriots offense now, as mentioned, runners most games, so it's up to mac Jones just one hundred and sixty one yards last week five point six yards per attempt, a sub ninety rating fourth and goal.
Speaker 4: From the three Jones new side.
Speaker 13: It's time to too Smith, so sir and the New England Patriots still alive.
Speaker 2: New England only scored seventeen points last week. They've only eclipsed twenty points once all year, and they saw two starting wide receivers Devonte Parker and Kendrick Bourne leave the game hurt last week. Neither returned. Jones' inability to move the ball versus Miami tied to facing pressure over forty percent of the time. That's Willie Nelson Country. He got sacked three times. Mac Jones is leveled at third sick for Miami, So what gives in this matchup? It's one of the most anemic offenses taking on one of the most generous defenses.
Speaker 4: Got him what open catch five?
Speaker 2: Washington's defense has an average pressure rate so far, and if it doesn't bother Jones you can see rebounding. Washington gave up three hundred and nineteen yards and four tds to Jalen Hurts through the air last week, a rating over one thirty five. They have not handled the pass game well in most games.
Speaker 4: Waring toty, So, my goodness, a touchdown?
Speaker 2: What does this all pencil out to you? Pittsburgh Steelers at home for Thursday Night Football Week nine, they take on the new look Tennessee Titans. Guess we probably saw the Tennessee Tannehill era come to an end last week.
Speaker 15: Nice little double move coming all the way across and then what a broll. So he's on the pass when he starts on the fore hatch.
Speaker 4: When he starts after that, ball's in the air. Ball just laid out there perfect.
Speaker 2: This is what tighten Up thought their offense would be about before the season started. The King gashing teams for over one hundred yards on the ground. A quarterback throwing four TD passes because we just landed d hop and he's good enough to drop three in one games off.
Speaker 4: The face, looking what Hopkins? This guy touchdown Tennessee.
Speaker 2: All they needed was some Will Levis to make it happen. How about that for an NFL debut, drops a passing TD sombrero one hundred and thirty point five rating, two hundred and thirty eight yards, no picks.
Speaker 1: Second down back to Will Levis, he spins into the zone.
Speaker 2: Two things about is showing a He did it against an Atlanta secondary that's played quarterbacks top two. He did it facing pressure forty three point eight percent of the time. That's Snoop high. He got hit eleven times. That's the scavenger Smoker. Snoop played high and Levis wasn't dazed or confused.
Speaker 4: Levis that pumps behind the run. Third touchdown of the dead.
Speaker 2: Can you handle all the smoke? Pittsburgh, It's gonna blow out him. Steeler's pressure rate thirty eight point two percent this season. That's top ten. Levis has to handle TJ. Watt bearing down on him now half sacked last year week Pittsburgh bag Trevor Lawrence three times in.
Speaker 17: Trouble and Lawrence will take the sack at the forty one TJ.
Speaker 2: Watts Hopkins of course, finally having that game we've come to expect from him. A TD hat trick, four catches over one hundred and twenty five yards.
Speaker 13: No wiggle when he comes through it both feet catching that ball, because that's a heater.
Speaker 4: He just picks it up.
Speaker 2: Steelers dbs will be tough to do that against. They're holding wide receivers to a sub ninety eight for the season. They held Jacksonville wideouts to a sixty five point seven rating last week. One pick no TDS.
Speaker 17: Lawrence will throw picked off, intercepted by Chazy.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh's past efficiencies last week to the tight end and running back position. They ended up giving up two hundred and ninety two yards to Lawrence over nine yards per attempt at rating of one hundred. Evan Ingram and Travis Eten did lots of damage against them.
Speaker 17: Lawrence sets it, throws a deep shot, It's caught by Etn Eighten.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take it all the the Levis's credit, he utilized his running backs and tight ends as safety valves. Not for major yardage though, and Tennessee, of course leaned on Derrick Henry. Henry twenty two carries. That's the second time he's had as many one hundred and one yards, second time he's had one hundred plus. Weird how opportunity works, isn't it four point six a run last week too?
Speaker 8: And there is a surge of energy on the field, and then there's a surge of energy in.
Speaker 4: The crowd around us.
Speaker 2: When Derek Herry gets the ball, which Steelers rush defense does he get the one that has given up four point four run to backs for the year or the one that held ETN to three point three to carry Last week?
Speaker 17: Running play ETN brought out nice play by kill a Brew.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh's loss last week wasn't its d not performing. It's their O face that keeps coming up short. It lacked any sort of rush attack, and their passing attack versus Jacksonville wasn't much better. Kenny Pickett left hurt. You'll have to track that injury. He averaged only four point nine yards per attempt on his sixteen attempts. Mitch Trubisky replaced him five point one yard ards per attempt, two.
Speaker 17: Picks Trubisky lets it fly, intercepted stepping in front is winger.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh's offense is clicked for two hundred and fifty plus yards four times in twenty twenty three. Their record in those games.
Speaker 4: Four and oh. Kenny throws it long down the fielder's and an open He's trying on a thick.
Speaker 12: Rent and that's telling often color tell it down tucked out.
Speaker 2: They're a four and three team, so you can guess their recording games under two hundred and fifty passing yards.
Speaker 17: Trubisky out of the pocket, throws on the move and it's incomplete at Jacksonville takes over on downs.
Speaker 2: George Pickens seems to be the key, still seventy five plus yards in their four wins.
Speaker 4: He throws it down the air sideline. Pickens' prits barks tailers.
Speaker 2: Cuckout twenty two last week under forty in their three losses.
Speaker 4: Ticket has the time, he will air it out, dropping it in the bucket. Pickens could not grab it.
Speaker 2: Tenness He's play versus wide receivers does bode well for Pickens. They give up a rating over one twenty to Atlanta wideouts last week they've given up a rating over one ten to the position for the year. That's Ouchtown, USA.
Speaker 4: Why Hodge break in a tackle and he's in the Titan territory.
Speaker 2: Tennessee's pass rush does have the ability to mitigate the play of their dvs. That's what happened last week, sacks sixer for them. Denico Autrey had won. Harold Landry and Jeffrey Simmons with a pair each.
Speaker 4: Cha strip loose Simmons still on the ground.
Speaker 2: They're wrestling for Tennessee and Pittsburgh very much alive in the wild and wacky twenty twenty three season. Tampa Bay Buccaneers hit the road at the halfway point of the year trying to snap a three game losing streak. Man were they close to pulling off a miracle last week?
Speaker 6: Looks stall Field those the ball up pro graps hail very time toward the toward the ends, all turth.
Speaker 4: It is incomplete. Buccaneers had a player of the MS all.
Speaker 2: Godway Bucks in Houston this week, facing another three to four team. Both teams Week eight contests went down to the wire.
Speaker 4: At all CJ. Stroud can do is sit over there and watch.
Speaker 6: And the kick is good.
Speaker 5: Then Carolina wins at fifteen to thirteen and Houston drops to three and four.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here we are then two three and four clubs fighting for Jerry Seinfeld's status won't feel so bad if they can get back to even steven. This is very much a whose QB performs best will likely get to eat cake. Neither Baker, Mayfield or CJ. Stroud performed particularly well last week.
Speaker 4: Stepping up far Old knocked down almost pick Baker looked very hesitant, very indecisive.
Speaker 15: And ployd at Poyer Cup close to a pick six.
Speaker 5: There, Stroud pulls it back and throws it incomplete dangerous pass.
Speaker 4: Why that was a really dangerous throw right there.
Speaker 2: Neither of these teams offenses run games have made a significant mark in any of their eight games so far. So both Damian Pears and Rashad White get the big X factor stamp. So let's get to the passing attacks. Baker Mayfield rating under ninety four last week Tampa ozho to four. When that's the case, it looked like Baker came off his primary got really uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: I think he expected some pressure.
Speaker 2: Mayfield did throw a couple touchdowns. He wasn't picked off and when his rating is ninety four plus, they're three to oh.
Speaker 4: Past the leader sideline. Why hope it's god to the fifty to the forty five to the forty yard line. Huge playoff.
Speaker 2: He needs to be able to connect with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin more often this week. Yes, they both scored versus Buffalo.
Speaker 4: The passer to the end zone it is Colt ball touched out Tampa Bay.
Speaker 6: Christ Godwin has his first touchdown catch up the season.
Speaker 4: And though it called the end zone, whoopid try? Is it caught? Is it caught?
Speaker 1: Is it cock?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Touchdown Tapa Bay. Mike Kevit says, tow me the ball like a boy.
Speaker 18: He does.
Speaker 2: Neither guy had sixty yards. Though the Texans gave up a ninety four point five rate to Carolina's wide receiver group last week. They let Bryce Young put up a one oh three point six rate on him and most of his yards went to wideouts. Their play versus the pass overall middle of the pack, and.
Speaker 5: He's ha across the fifty for the first out of the.
Speaker 2: Sub How mayfield handles Houston's pass rush pressure will go a long way in his ability to find Evans and Godwin. Texans have an elite pressure rate. They also came off a game that was kept close due to their pass rush breaking open a sack sixer versus Young Young running.
Speaker 4: For his life and dropped around the ten yard line.
Speaker 2: Defensive tackle Malik Collins had two sacks from the inside last week. Mayfield he took three sacks versus the Bills got hit ten times, and much of the pressure he faced was due to the interior of their line getting b.
Speaker 14: Mayfield under pressure that he goes in the forty six yard line.
Speaker 2: Mayfield didn't handle the heat great last week, but he does have a good rate against pressure overall. On the other side, it's about how well Stroud handles the Bucco blitz Tampa's pass rush. Like Susie down the Hall shows up to the party with an and one without giving you the heads up.
Speaker 4: The blitzer is on the card. They're gonna get to him.
Speaker 2: Sacks Tampa Bay's blitz rate at the top of the NFL charts, but that plays into Stroud's strength one hundred and seventeen rate and twenty twenty three versus five plus pass rushers four touchdowns, no picks Shroud.
Speaker 6: To throw the Blitzers off. He floats one wide open and there he goes turn down fall away in for a tuxa touchdown.
Speaker 2: Buccaneers pass defense Stroud takes on its kind of middle of the pack as well. Didn't handle Josh Allen and company particularly well. Over three hundred and twenty yards passing given up two touchdowns, rating over one hundred yards per attempt allowed over eight surveys.
Speaker 4: Fires up the datas touched up.
Speaker 2: Tampa Bay hopes it gets defensive tackle extraordinary Vita Vea back he was out last week. Both teams saw double digit flags last week, both looking to clean up their laundry issues. The New York Giants head West week nine. Took an l last week unlike any you've ever seen.
Speaker 4: The news kick is no God, No God. We're twenty four seconds.
Speaker 2: Left off to the Vegas strip to play the Raiders coming off an L that cost head coach Josh mcdaniels's job.
Speaker 10: Both down at seventeen underneath a long way to go for Abdullah won't get it.
Speaker 4: Raiders turn it over on downs.
Speaker 5: That's the frustration that comes with playing the way that the Raiders have all season.
Speaker 4: On offense.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one heck of a matchup. On one side, you have a Vegas passing attack that netted seventy seven yards last week.
Speaker 10: Garoppolo out of the end zone just has to get rid of it looking for Adams, who still just has the one catch.
Speaker 2: Giants passing attack gives their best Quintana. That's laughable, man, How to put it? Have you ever seen the worst pass ever thrown in NFL history? Yeah, well that passing attack still looked better than the passing game. New York just dropped last week net passing total of minus nine yards.
Speaker 16: Taffdo to the eric in same players are tame science.
Speaker 4: Fans not happy about that.
Speaker 2: To every Joe beer Can and Uncle Rico out there that has said I could do that, that was your moment to shine. Minus nine yards passing almost felt like Danny DeVito was back there.
Speaker 4: I was maybe half kidding about not thrown up, but not really. I think that Brian Dad was going to say, as long as we have a lead in this football.
Speaker 2: Game, for the record, it's Tommy. And for the record, they were not even close to breaking the record. By the way, Denver finished with minus fifty three yards in nineteen sixty seven. So Giants fans cheers for Daniel Jones this week will be genuine goos.
Speaker 11: It's up shut, it's tot by Houtens to the touchdown.
Speaker 2: DJ is set to return. His season number is pretty rough, but the bar he faces not even worthy of dive bar status. Jimmy Garoppolo was spotted at the same joint as well, though last week forty six point nine rating zero tds. A pick missed on some wide open dudes.
Speaker 10: Whyd open and overthrown as Davante Adams.
Speaker 2: That wide open dude being Davonte Adams one catch eleven yards on the night. He's not happy camper no matter how many TVs he has in his house.
Speaker 3: I wish I had the worst, you know, to say something that is not going to get blown up in the media and taking out of context.
Speaker 2: So I'm just truly do Garoppolo threw for one hundred and twenty six yards but lost forty nine on six sacks.
Speaker 4: Garoppolos and traveling Towny goes.
Speaker 2: The Giants caveon Thibodeau last week a sack hat trick.
Speaker 4: Here comes Tibodeau again.
Speaker 2: He's dunt today McDaniels isn't the only one out in Vegas. Plan is to roll forward with aoc at quarterback now Aiden Rodney Farvo O'Connell has seen action in two games low seventies rate a touchdown, two picks, but may as well see what he does with more snaps.
Speaker 10: Oh Connall catch touchdown Jacoby Myers.
Speaker 2: New York's defense has made some strides lately. Last three teams, no one's put up more than fourteen points on him.
Speaker 4: Tipoda coming with Pusser Money's down comes up Saha.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't just holding the Jets to thirteen either. They held Buffalo and check and held Washington to fourteen, a team that had put up thirty one on Philadelphia last week. They've played much better compared to weeks one through five.
Speaker 4: We take a shot Duson's line banks his first had Villa in a stshit.
Speaker 2: Their pass defense hasn't allowed more than two hundred yards over their last three games.
Speaker 16: Taking a shot for Calvin Wilson and the ten Kill Curry. It was a door up flood that came over at the end of the play.
Speaker 4: To break it up.
Speaker 2: So why not go Rock Island Independence versus Columbus panhandles. Josh Jacobs finally broke the four yard per carry barrier last week, only four point one, but still that's fire for him.
Speaker 4: From the twenty eight Jacobs up the middle.
Speaker 2: Another nice carry Jacobs versus Saquon Barkley. He had to carry the offense like never before. Wasn't over four yards per carry again, but he basically had eleven guys waiting on him. Each play is one hundred and twenty eight yards. Were some of the toughest you're going to see.
Speaker 16: Mark Clayton, smok Barklayt what Saquon put the moves on.
Speaker 2: Plenty of reason for the Giants to keep feeding him this week. Vegas defense against Detroit Runners last week as holy as Charlie Brown's Halloween costume. They gave up over two hundred yards on the ground five point seven yards per carry.
Speaker 4: Aloud and Jamier spins still going.
Speaker 2: As for the Giants, rush Dye not salmon, but their ability to stop runners. They've held teams to under eighty yards rushing back to back games.
Speaker 4: Tip it Okada the better been on the first time, but it comes back with the help with Rookie Nunez.
Speaker 2: Rochez Neither fan base is super thrilled right now, but it's the start of half number two. It's new beginnings. Well to take to the road week nine, trying to snap a three game losing streak. They are in Carolina to face the streaking Panthers. That's one in a row.
Speaker 5: YEA, the kick is good, then Carolina wins at fifteen to thirteen.
Speaker 2: It may not have been pretty, but Bryce Young got his first taste of an NFLW and most important to keep pounding. Young was the star of the win. Offensively two hundred and thirty five yards passing a touchdown, no picks rating over one hundred and a nice healthy seven point six yards per attempt.
Speaker 5: Young it throws for the insong time touchdown Tommy triple the.
Speaker 2: Tight end, and that makes the Panthers record when he hits a triple digit rating perfect.
Speaker 5: He's had a connect across the fifty for the first down.
Speaker 4: Of the suck.
Speaker 2: Carolina is also now perfect in games where they hold their opponent under twenty points, which they did for the first time last week too. Held CJ. Stroud at just one hundred and forty yards passing a low eighties rating under six yards per attempt.
Speaker 4: Strow that pass knocked down at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Frankie Louvu can they repeat that defensive showing they were last in points per game allowed before last week? And what about Bryce Young hadn't had a ninety plus rating game once yet let alone won in triple digits, So it's new terror, Torrian panther Land. If Indianapolis's dbs don't pick some things, maybe Young builds on his breakout. They gave up over three hundred and fifty yards to Derek Carr and Casom Hill last week, a rating over one thirty. No picks, two touchdowns.
Speaker 18: And there goes Kamara understanding this route concept, understanding his options, and that was money.
Speaker 4: Both guys on the same page.
Speaker 2: Only one sack and two QB hits two Indianapolis's play against the passing twenty twenty three and murky territory now. Their cornerback play versus wide receivers has been rough lately. They gave up two hundred and sixty seven yards a touchdown a rating over one twenty. The Saints receivers last week wants to go deep.
Speaker 7: He's got Shaheed out there. He's got it and Shaeed head for the touchdown fifty eight yards.
Speaker 2: Adam Thielen is a wide receiver and he's Young's main man. Eleven targets, eight catches, seventy two yards last week, seventy plus yards and five straight games now he's the key to their aerial attack.
Speaker 5: Flips it, Dad Field, It's caught. It's feeling again.
Speaker 4: What a crab?
Speaker 5: What Thomas traked on over him?
Speaker 2: Young found Jonathan Mingo for four catches sixty two yards too. That's big for him, getting production from a second pass catcher.
Speaker 5: Cross the fifty for the first jon Evan so Jonathan Mingo all the way to the thirty yard live.
Speaker 2: Panther's run game almost non existent last week forty four yards under two yards per run twenty four tries too, hasn't been a strength for them. Colt's ground game, on the other hand, seems like it could lead the way for Indianapolis's offense. Jonathan Taylor ninety five yards last week, almost eight per car.
Speaker 10: Is Jonathan Taylor hop it through the opening and look at Jonathan Taylor fighting his way still on his feet.
Speaker 2: He only had twelve attempts, but Zach Moss had eleven six yards per run. For him sixty six yards in a TD.
Speaker 4: What's not there?
Speaker 18: Initially you see him keep those legs sharning and then right there behind that's the exclamation on this drive.
Speaker 2: Folts only ran twenty four times past forty one, but they were trailing. They'd love to keep it close and load up on Taylor this week. Get your money's worth man.
Speaker 10: Learn down at two toss play, Taylor cuts it back, riding the wave inside the.
Speaker 2: Ten Panthers run defense. Not many teams have given up more rush yards per game, and their yard per carry figure is high.
Speaker 4: And he comes right under George Fan That right tackle. Fant was a little bit high, but it look like Stroud got that ball over.
Speaker 2: Keeams have run on Carolina more than past but that's because they've spent most games ahead of the Panthers. A state in Carolina hasn't handled QBS all that well. Intel last week. Now they get Gardner Minshew. Here's the deal with Uncle Rego. You never know what you're gonna get with him. He threw his fifth pick in three games last week. Sub eighty rating.
Speaker 10: Pressure comes, Binshu gets away, heaves it towards the ends on and it's intercepted.
Speaker 4: Picked off by Paulson the debo, but check.
Speaker 2: It out his good games play ping pong with his bad ones one hundred and twelve rating in his first start, than eighty two, then one twelve, then sixty, then one nineteen before going seventy two last week. So if the pattern holds true, good for fans of the shoe right.
Speaker 10: Minshoe from the insult fires it to Pierce Pierce at the twenty five and Pierce will the first down.
Speaker 2: Alec Pierce, Josh Downs, Michael Pittman, those are his main guys, all wide outs. Pierce with forty one yards last week, Pittman forty in to TD eight catches, so lots of short stuff. Rookie Josh Downs seventy two yards seventy plus yards and three of his last four.
Speaker 10: Pre man rush, but they still get to midshoe, forcing him out of the pocket, finds down to the open spot on a first out.
Speaker 2: Panther's pass defense versus wide receivers in twenty twenty three ninety seven point four so not great. Are Young and Company ready to do some actual streaking? Frank the tank style two in a row would maybe get you an invite to the Quad Coult season far from over with how bunched up everyone is South. Week nine, off to New Orleans to take on the Saints, back at five hundred no One in the NFC South, with more wins than they have.
Speaker 10: Final snap, barring a penalty, Min Shoo's pass deflected and almost intercepted, and that is how the game comes to a close as the New Orleans Saints move into a first place tie in the NFC South.
Speaker 2: Saints feeling like five and four is in their grasp if they can get more. Week eight. Derek Carr and more Chicago Week eight secondary car last week three hundred and ten yards a fat eleven and a half yards per attempt, two tds no picks, a rating over one thirty.
Speaker 10: Car pressure coming late over the middle, Fins Thomas and the Colts territory of first down and more.
Speaker 2: Bears defense gave up almost three hundred yards to Justin Herbert, three tds no picks rating over one twenty.
Speaker 4: Clear great to tackle to the goal line. He's in.
Speaker 2: Saints passing attack got one hundred and fifty three yards from Rashid Shahed and a score.
Speaker 4: Wants to go deep. He's got Shahed out there, He's got it.
Speaker 7: At Shaheed Head for the touchdown fifty eight yards.
Speaker 2: They got forty six yards from Chris Olave sixty eight for Michael Thomas.
Speaker 10: On second doubt car to the sideline could have just bit by Michael Thomas.
Speaker 2: Bears have allowed a ninety five point five r eight to wide receivers in twenty twenty three. They gave up one hundred and fifty six yards to Chargers whiteouts last week, a rating near one ten to the position.
Speaker 5: Cornerback Jalen Johnson going back the safety coming over.
Speaker 4: It is hard to defit.
Speaker 2: Chicago also gave up ninety four receiving yards to Austin Eckler and Everyone's.
Speaker 4: Got the sideline and Eckler a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Saints Alvin Kamara fifty one yards and a score out of the backfield last.
Speaker 10: Week, car short Camara inside the ten, inside the five, plunging for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: America couldn't crack four or carry though on the ground four straight games he hasn't now. Chicago held Eckler to under two per carry, and they are one of the best when it comes to stopping running backs and quarterbacks for that matter, holding them to three point two a run. That's relevant because they have Taysom Hill.
Speaker 4: To deal with.
Speaker 2: This week, he scored two rushing tds versus Indianapolis sixty three yards rushing.
Speaker 4: Another designed run for Hill cuts.
Speaker 7: It to the right side, Hill with speed to the pylon for a Saints touchdown.
Speaker 2: New Orleans offensive output was above average for them last week. Chicago's defensive showing was on par with how they've played in twenty twenty three. Abysmal at stopping teams on third down, bottom dwellers and points per game. Allowed almost no pass rush to speak of.
Speaker 4: It's thirty seven, it's hurder from the pucket, gets it to barn and brings it in.
Speaker 2: Bear's offense comes in cold, two beagent buzz war off quick, no touchdowns, two picks, a rating of sixty two versus an LA defense that has struggled mightily this season.
Speaker 4: Pager in the middle and.
Speaker 10: His intercepted Derwin James after the contact comes away with the thick.
Speaker 2: The Saints held Gardner Minshew to a sub eighty rating, picked him off just five point two yards per attempt.
Speaker 10: Pressure comes, Minshew gets away, heaves it towards the end zone, and it's intercepted, picked off by Paulson at debo.
Speaker 2: They're play versus Minshew, not a fluke, holding quarterbacks to a low seventies rate for the year. They're under six yards per throw now too.
Speaker 4: Saints spring four and Carl Grants and the Boss picked off. That's Tyra Matthew fifty to ten. He will walk into the end zone.
Speaker 2: Chicago has thirteen turnovers in eight games. Saints have thirteen takeaways and they're eight. The Bears run game didn't hit last week either, twenty five carries under three yards per run.
Speaker 4: Trent Taylor took it. Khalil Macviex Bear said.
Speaker 2: No, but if they were to pull an upset in this game, you'd assume Chicago's run game would lead the way it has before anyway, and New Orleans gave up over six yards per carry to Jonathan Taylor and Zach Moss last week.
Speaker 10: We're down at two toss play Taylor cuts it back, riding the wave inside the ten.
Speaker 2: The game may feel lopsided in a way, but these two teams are only two wins apart. So no matter what it looks like on paper, no matter what last week looked like, for each one, thing we've learned about twenty twenty three. Last week doesn't always matter. Arizona ardnoals head to Cleveland week nine. Five losses in a row, now only one win on the year, so the Browns see them as the perfect team to rebound against. After coming up just short in Seattle last week.
Speaker 10: With thirty eight seconds to go, Smith scream Jackson Smith and Jakebak looking for the lead and with deep shit for the.
Speaker 4: Seahawks offense, touchdown. Seahawks lead.
Speaker 2: Key for Cleveland this week. Cure the turnover problem. Maybe some more cow Bell will do it works on fevers. I heard Cleveland was driving late last week when PJ. Walker threw his second pick.
Speaker 10: Trying to get three yards to itch closer to a huge road win. Pressure coming from Adams and that's batted and it is picked off the interception at the biggest moment.
Speaker 2: He also lost a fumble. Cleveland's seventeen giveaways on the season most of any team.
Speaker 10: Seattle bringing extra pressure and Rucker gets hit, the ball is out and the Seahawks have it.
Speaker 2: Arizona's defense ten takeaways in eight games not bad. None last week, though. Have to play the waiting game to see who Cleveland starts at QB this week, still waiting on DeShawn Watson's shoulder if it is Walker again. He did connect on a couple big pass plays. Threw for close to two hundred and fifty yards on eight yards per attempt.
Speaker 4: Floater Cooper adjusting and he hold it in.
Speaker 2: The two kicks left him with a sub sixty rating, though he leaned on two guys for most of his passes. Amari Cooper eighty nine yards on third.
Speaker 10: Down, Walker floats it Cooper, same spot, same result.
Speaker 2: Tight end David and Joku seventy seven yards.
Speaker 10: Another pressure play and Walker delivers on target on his way to the end zone.
Speaker 4: And it is a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Either guy could have a big game versus Arizona secondary based on the body of work. A one oh one point six rating allowed to tight ends, a one oh four point one rating allowed to wide receivers.
Speaker 9: They're down pressure pip throw over the middles eight flower so slippery.
Speaker 2: The key to Arizona staying competitive has not been good defensive play. They rank near the bottom in points for allowed, thirty one points allowed last week.
Speaker 9: Run to the lefts Edwards bounce is outside, Tot's it up and darts.
Speaker 2: In offense really hasn't been much better, which is why they decided it was time for some new tunes. Arizona pulled the plug on Joshua Dobbs, going with fifth round rookie Clayton Tune. He threw a four yard pass against Seattle earlier this year.
Speaker 4: Passers Cord Cray, Wilson, but not nearly enough. Clayton too. The backup quarterback Roki out of Houston.
Speaker 2: It's about all we got on him so far for twenty twenty three. Now, Kyler Murray is a possibility too. They haven't said he won't come back this week, and he would certainly add some juice to this game. A rusty Kyler or a Tune debut would likely mean a lot of work for their run game. They gained one hundred and twenty nine yards along the ground last week for per Kerry Amari Demarcado picked up seventy eight yards on twenty tries, sort.
Speaker 9: Of like this run by tim Arcado right up the middle picked up the first down.
Speaker 2: Cleveland's defense hasn't been bad against the run, but you're looking for some Arizona hope. They faced only thirteen runs by Kenneth Walker and Zach Charboney one hundred and nineteen yards allowed to the duo over eight yards per carry, gave up two runs a twenty plus.
Speaker 10: There is Walker with a big hole and a long run, big chased by one thornhill and he's down.
Speaker 2: Tune gashing Cleveland's secondary harder to picture. Even Kyler would have to work. Browns picked off Geno Smith twice last week, held him to a sub eighty rating. They have one of the best secondaries in the game this season.
Speaker 4: And here's Mett tepadat it's picked off Mark.
Speaker 11: Never sit Junior this time right it the whole way and just stepped in foot for the interception.
Speaker 2: And whoever is back there also gets to see what Miles Garrett is all about. Another sack for him, another forced fumble last week.
Speaker 4: Trying to climb the pocket, he gets swallowed up.
Speaker 10: It's Miles Garrett finally putting his stamp on.
Speaker 4: This game with a huge sack.
Speaker 2: Cleveland, meantime, should lean on their run game plenty as well. Forty carries last week one hundred and fifty five yards in a touchdown. Three backs had thirty plus yards for them.
Speaker 4: He'll block four hunts touchdown.
Speaker 2: Cleveland Arizona allowed four point five run to Baltimore, gave up eighty yards to Gus Edwards in three touchdowns.
Speaker 9: From the one Edwards second efforts from the down judge, he says touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Arizona now one of two teams with a single win. Cleveland does not want to be that team.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.