Speaker 1: Hanging with the fast, betting on the game. No moment's gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell us.
Speaker 1: Not be We're here just drinking beer, making baby, I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 3: Bro there it is all right, let's hit it.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to are we rolling ladies?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 4: Welcome to Episode two, one hundred and fifty of Busting with the Boys. We comms every single day just getting better and better for you people, and I like to I like to think that we've grown a lot too.
Speaker 3: We have a great show for you today.
Speaker 4: A lot of chaos, a lot of chaos in the college football landscape, and there's one team at the forefront of all that. Especially as we get into the late part of the season, we're looking at the college football playoff.
Speaker 3: What's gonna happen there?
Speaker 4: Also Texas A and M Jimbo Fisher secured the bag, dropped the ball, decided to get the out it believe that, decided to get the heck out of there.
Speaker 3: And also the NFL season.
Speaker 4: Week ten of the NFL season was incredible, had an amazing time, points flying everywhere. J Stroud once again, yeah, once again gets it done. Lions handling business. Cleveland wins a nail bider.
Speaker 3: CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud, like you just said, runs the ball, gets the ball all the way down the field to hit a game winning field goal after Tyler Boyd dropped a touchdown pass to go up by.
Speaker 5: Formerly question, can all four teams in the FC North make the playoffs?
Speaker 4: I'm sure time will tell and we'll have the boys look it up. But before we get into all of that, we need to talk to you about the most durable, reliable vehicle on the market, and that is, let's give a round of applause four these Chevy Silverado, specifically the family of z R twos they have I think they have diesel coming out. They've got uh, you've got this.
Speaker 5: You got the ZR two that they have a commercial that runs during during Sundays.
Speaker 3: Like that thing gets you going.
Speaker 5: With those three Chevies back to back, the family climbing up the mountain. Uh, they're like parleying it with like white water rafting, just grit determination and it is. I have the ZR two, not the Flex but the also Flex, but the multi Maatic, the billion cameras, the mud terrain tires. Yeah, I mean you know how it is you feel safe. You said it last week in my truck. Yeah, Christmas season's here. All the best deals on all on the trucks as Chevy Silverado. They come out during this during the season tis the season. This is the reason. The Chevy Silverado, the z R two, it is the best truck.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine snow on the ground, waking up to a pine smell. Santa Claus came and you walk downstairs and you're looking out all the presence, everyone's opening presence right, well, where was my present and your's? And your significant other looks at you and says, go and look outside for your present. There's this c R to Chevy Silverado waiting for you right there. Yes, well you're you're a new man for the rest of your life or a woman or or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah or whatever, whatever or whatever. We're open on this pot. Listen.
Speaker 4: That was a quick little intro for you guys. We are going to.
Speaker 5: Oh and also also uh uh Steve O Steve O interview Steve at to release the Steve Interview the hero.
Speaker 4: Of mine but another hero of this bus. And to a lot of people down in San Francisco, we have uh, the legendary the almighty, a record setting record holding individual Christian McCaffrey on the show today.
Speaker 3: Let's get right into it. Wait, he didn't set a record.
Speaker 4: I thought he set the record and then he and then the record's done.
Speaker 3: Now no, no, he didn't set the record. He let let the record.
Speaker 5: He let the entire country down, all of white culture writing on his shoulders, and let's get this record. Let's get in the record books. Not only did he let the record books down, but he also let the bus with the boys.
Speaker 4: Okay, so with that being said, let's get into the dude wife shittiest moment of the week for Christian McCaffrey. Christian, I thought you handle your press conference incredible, brother.
Speaker 3: Everybody scored but me.
Speaker 4: I suck a very good rabbit from eight mile situation. Brother, But there gotta be some pain in there. And obviously, dude wipes, which is the segment, because this is the shitty moment, go and use this.
Speaker 3: Do you use dude wipes? Well, now, yeah, you absolutely should wipe.
Speaker 4: You absolutely should you seem like a healthy individual that the white little wet stuff is good for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The only hassle would be just carrying them to the stall. No, like having to actually take them there, but worth it, I'd say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're coming out with ones that just attached to your skin, so you have like a whole pack just waiting on your side at all times. They're in the they're working that through right now. But okay, let's talk about yesterday's game dominant performance by the forty nine ers. Everyone is literally saying, here we go, Christian McCaffrey again, first drive, probably gonna get a touchdown and it ends up not happening for you. At what point did you start to worry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 5: Then how piss off were you after that ass open in the locker room that you didn't want to talk to anybody because you did not get the record?
Speaker 3: Hey congra, Yeah yeah, yeah, walk us through.
Speaker 7: I tied the record, so technically, you know, it's not like I'm two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're tied for one. You're yeah, you know how that is?
Speaker 5: Though you want that standalone name like I'm sure leading.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's it's funny because honestly, I thought I was going to be more upset than I was.
Speaker 6: But I think when you.
Speaker 7: Win like that, and it was good to kind of get the run game going again against a good run defense too that had the stats to prove it.
Speaker 6: So I was I was pretty excited after the game.
Speaker 7: I thought I was gonna be way more like pissed off than I was.
Speaker 6: But I really wasn't that mad at all other than letting Will down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you did, you had, you had a hell of a performance and I know, like you guys would drop three.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that in a minute.
Speaker 5: So it was a big bounce back week for the boys, getting healthy in the bye week and everything else. So and on top of that, I'm sure there was some creativity of you know, hey, let's get see them seeing the end zone, like let's get the record. But you're not gonna put that above Like obviously whooping a team's asses that happened, it doesn't happen. But uh yeah, there's probably a little bit of that, damn. Because there was one where you guys were in the red zone right and you caught a screen was it a screen?
Speaker 3: You caught something.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, let's get busy, let's get in there, and you and you almost broke one. Maybe it was just a simple running play, but you almost got out and got tripped.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn it, that was gonna be it, dude.
Speaker 7: That's what hurts is that what hurts is that there wasn't there was a couple plays that you just wanted back that it was like, damn, if I had just done this, that was the play, and it wasn't that. You know, the last drive where they were trying to feed me and tried it. By the way, that's pretty pretty cool that you know you're in a game like that and your coaches are trying to get you that Like, I don't know. That goes a long way for me, so I'm I'm I appreciated that. But it was in like the second quarter and first quarter where you're like, god, dude, if I just didn't do this, that was it. We could have got it out of the way, and I didn't. When you look back on the tape, that's that's what hurts. It'd be one thing if there was like there just really wasn't a lot of opportunities. But there was, and I think that's what stings.
Speaker 4: Especially getting Trent Williams back and being like, okay, yo, we're really moving at full force. Now I got the big dog at left tackle. Now what did Shanahan say to you after the game, because there.
Speaker 3: Was like a boys, we did it. We got the.
Speaker 4: Monkey off our back. We won after losing three. Let's go have a day. Boys have a day. And there had to be like a calming. You just get it out of the shower. You probably got the towel on. You're looking in at your stuff, probably having a moment of being like damn. And I'm sure Shanahan comes up to you, what does he say to you?
Speaker 7: And actually, like when he addressed the team, it was funny because he called Juice out.
Speaker 6: Juice had caught that touchdown.
Speaker 7: We ran like a keeper and Juice has you know, I think he's he's the second to last read and no one covered him and broke through a dot like a thirty five yard touchdown passed to him and he caught it.
Speaker 6: Juice caught it at the one and scored.
Speaker 7: And uh so everyone was just making fun of Juice's selfishness of.
Speaker 6: Not meaning it at the one.
Speaker 3: Get the boy in.
Speaker 7: There's people, there's people on the internet who are like, I've made a joke about it, and they're like, oh, since when did you care about Like so I'm like, obviously, I want a juice or I'm joking, But now that that was just funny, we all just started making fun of juice instead.
Speaker 6: And how selfish he is as a as a teammate.
Speaker 3: Player, that's amazing. Never so bad about scoring six.
Speaker 4: And the time that I know you bring up you bring up somebody who said brock Party through at dime. I don't know if you've heard some news reports, but there are people saying brock Party is not the guy.
Speaker 3: Do you think this was a yah?
Speaker 7: I heard that from an anonymous source. Y. I didn't really hear that from you know, a relevant source.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that okay. I see what you did there, and that's understandable. What what about this game? Are you able to say to those people that said that not your boys? They're just giving.
Speaker 3: Out the message. Wow, that's like an FU. So you see what he did today?
Speaker 6: Well, first off, I mean, can we address it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oro, that's we're boys. Yeah, they're boys with the boys. If you got to hold some boys accountable, go ahead and do that. You have the floor, Taylor, Yes.
Speaker 6: Sir, anonymous reporting dog.
Speaker 5: I God, I swear to god, it's not my opinion. That's what he's saying. He's saying anonymous reporting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Will knows who my sources is this TMZ dog. This is dude. Do listen, I had.
Speaker 7: This last game. I mean you can you can see what rock Pertty's done. But you I mean look at the last you know we're talking. Since he's gotten in the in the ball game.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree.
Speaker 7: Guy, he's been a stud. He's been bawling right, and I don't know all the stats, but he's got the stats to to show it. The qb are, the completion percentage, the completion under pressure.
Speaker 6: All that guy's done nothing but ball out.
Speaker 4: Right right, And listen, if you look back being the avid fan of busting with the boys that you are, back in January February March, I talked about this anonymous source. You remember that, correct, You remember talking? You know who the anonymous source? Everybody to lean on friends. I literally said this back in March, and then I left it alone. I let it ride, and then after the three games happened, Brock did have a couple of tough two minute drills where there were some open guys. He kind of throws it in the safety's belly where I go to bring back up my anonymous source said this, and he also doubled down in a text after your second the second loss, not the third one.
Speaker 7: To me, that's it's too easy. It's too easy to just wait. I mean you had to wait a long time to drop that. I mean, Brox played how many games in phenomenal It's too easy to wait till like maybe first off is always more that goes into it, Like I know for me, there's been times where I might have been off on the timing that leads to a pick where like guy's not in the right spot leads big and Brock's always going to put it on his shoulder, this kind of guy he is. But it's just too easy to wait till someone fails to be like not I told you so, anonymous source told you.
Speaker 4: So right because I'm I'm a supporter of the forty nine ers. How many times have I not told you?
Speaker 3: Have I not told Kim? Have not been Fred Warner.
Speaker 4: That you guys have the best locker room in all of the NFL. And I wish I was able to play for a team like the forty nine ers like that. We had a great locker room at the Titans. But I have given you guys so many flowers, and I can see and I'm happy I was able to give you guys that bulletin board material to go play the Jags, and I feel like I was a part of that win. And I do understand where you're coming from. However, I have to lean back on the fact that it truly was an anonymous source and because of he wasn't playing great and he texted me and said, see now there's a big enough sample size where you can beat rock Perty. That was like, all right, I guess this is where I go and tell this is what I was told. But but I see where you're coming from. Brother, I see it.
Speaker 3: I understand it because as.
Speaker 6: Long as you see, as long as you see where I'm coming.
Speaker 4: If I was in your shoes, i'd be doing the same thing. And I think you've handled this well too. Of essentially telling me fuck you without saying fuck you, I think that was that was great, go niers.
Speaker 3: Am I right hey. I'll tell you what though.
Speaker 5: What I love to see is uh, when he was under duress and that pocket was collapsing on him and he did deliver a dot to George Kittle, and that is a big time throw that you get fired up for when the you know, when we allude back to the Baltimore board material and and people kind of talking about, Okay, they've dropped three is brock perty Is he not the guy?
Speaker 3: YadA YadA YadA.
Speaker 5: That was That was awesome to see because you guys did it was Uh, you guys got healthy. And what people don't understand too, is that by week was big for yourself. You've been a little banged up the last few weeks, even though you haven't been inactive like Deebo and Trimp, but you get the whole train back, the machine is back, and you guys are out there, you know, beating asset. That has to that has to feel good when that was going on yesterday at Jacksonville.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: I think the bye weeks are much needed, especially in the kind of that middle middle of the year because you play eight or whatever games in a row. But you also had training camp too, so it the accumulation of you know where, and tear starts to and I don't even know if it's physically because I think by the time week eight turned, you know, hits, your body's pretty callous to it.
Speaker 6: It's more just you need to get away for a little bit and rest. So I think it was huge.
Speaker 7: I think for us, you know, it's about just keeping the foot on the gas and not slowing down, you know, even in that game. And obviously I'm always gonna say this after every week, but I think it's true, and I'm not just trying to be that guy, but I really do believe there's always things you can get better at, and there's things in that game that can make or break the momentum of the entire game. You know, that's a really good team with a really good defense who have the numbers to back it up, and it's a game for a long time. A couple of plays here and there go our way, but we can still get better and we that's really the way we have to approach it is just continuing to get better every single week and not letting the score kind of dictate the way we feel. Obviously, wins feel good, but you know, Kyle is talking about just going off with the tape. What does the tape look like? You want that tape to look good because you can win, and then you look at the tape you're like, damn, we could have been a lot better, and then you know, obviously you're still happy. But you know, the way you look at a win, the way you look at a loss should be similar other than the feeling you get, the emotional feeling you get when you.
Speaker 4: Win, looking at it with a critical eye. You brought up bye weeks. Now, there's always that conversation when the everyone gets all excited about what the schedule is when it goes out to the media, But players usually talk about that bye week, and a lot of times it's like, bro, we got a week four by this year.
Speaker 3: That sucks to you.
Speaker 4: Christian McCaffrey, what is like the best week to have a bye week for you? Is it right around the time you did or you want a little but later?
Speaker 7: I think yeah, I think eight, like right in the midway point is great. The early buy is tough, brutal, late but it's tough. But I think that that middle of the pack. Yeah, I thought our buie was at a great time, kind of perfect timing for us.
Speaker 3: What'd you do for the bye week?
Speaker 7: I went home to Denver, saw my family. Actually I won a fly fishing tournament.
Speaker 3: Oh oh man, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 7: There's only there's only three of us doing it, but I still want it's got a trophy and everything.
Speaker 4: Let's go podium, no matter what.
Speaker 6: It's all podium.
Speaker 5: Can you talk about how important it is to get away because a lot of times, like you know, I saw George I believe he went to Montana, he went to somewhere nice. I forget. A couple of weeks ago, somebody I think believe went on a bye week. And you see fans every now and then talk about, oh, why are you going on a why are you doing this on a bye week like you should be scouting, YadA YadA.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about how important.
Speaker 5: It is to get away from the facility, to get away from football from your perspective.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, there's really only one speed that you go in the NFL, and that's that's all out. It's full speed, all the time. You from you know, physically, emotionally and mentally. It's all day, every day, and your life and everyone else's life depends on it.
Speaker 6: In a life I say that not as in actual life, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: And because of that, you you you'll burn out. If you go that hard, three hundred and sixty five days a year, you will burn out, and you need to get away for a little bit more mentally and emotionally, just to recharge your batteries and get back.
Speaker 6: I think it's extremely critical.
Speaker 7: When I used to train when I was a younger player in the league, my first couple of years, you know, the season would end and I would I would start training pretty quickly after the season ended, and I just remember being.
Speaker 6: A little bit burnt out by.
Speaker 7: The time, like week six came around, and it wasn't like I changed it all, Like, it didn't change my process, it didn't change anything.
Speaker 6: I just felt like, damn, I've been doing.
Speaker 7: This for a long time and didn't give myself the respect that I needed to take a couple you know, more just mental breaks. You know, whether it's go get on the beach somewhere and just rejuvenate, get back so that when you do come back, you're ready to go all out again.
Speaker 6: It's really hard to.
Speaker 7: Just constantly go one hundred percent all the time for your body, for your mind, for everything.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting thing you bring up, because that is a massive conversation between football players all the time, is when do you start training in the off season during the bye week, What do you do. Something we talked about back in August is when you finally make the decision as like, all right, I'm going to take the BIE week a little lighter than I've did in years past. When did you start to work that out? And then how did you handle kind of like maybe the anxiety bug in your head being like, hey, you're not doing enough. Hey you should be. You should be working out, You shouldn't be fly fishing just dusting these two other guys in this tournament right now. Like what allowed you to kind of make peace with the fact that this is good for me to do when a lot of it's you're just so bred to be work, work, work all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's that's a great question because it's the hardest question even to this day for myself to answer, And I don't know if there's a concrete answer. It really depends. It depends on how you're feeling. It depends on kind of what you're going through body wise, Like do I need like, you know, if you're all banged up and you have some stuff lingering and going on, then you probably should stay and grind so that you can get back to normal.
Speaker 6: But if you're pretty healthy.
Speaker 7: And everything's going well, and you know that like a couple of days of rest can take care of this, then you know, I think it's important to do that.
Speaker 6: But it's really a daily evaluation.
Speaker 7: I always try to move during the bye week, like do some sort of movement, like you can't just sit there all day. But it really depends. Like for me, I just needed to rest. I needed to sleep. I felt like sleep was the biggest thing for me because I'm gonna get my treatment, I'm gonna do my workouts, but I need to sleep in.
Speaker 6: I need to go to bed early.
Speaker 7: I need to just let my body recover naturally as much as possible. And then when you get back to the week, then you get back to you know, the football schedule, but you can you can't not move, but you can.
Speaker 6: Also overdo it. So you just want to make.
Speaker 7: Sure that that Monday, when you come back, you feel like, Okay, I could have played on Sunday this week, but I didn't, and that's why I feel better than next week.
Speaker 3: I love that if we back up before the bye week.
Speaker 5: In Jacksonville, what was kind of the urgency level in the locker room around the building after dropping three?
Speaker 6: It was huge. You know that it was such.
Speaker 7: A weird taste in our mouth. I think after you lose three going into a bye week, because normally you want to go there's nothing like winning going into the buy, you feel yes, and I think that I don't want to see good and losing is never good. But I think when we came back, everyone had a sense of urgency that was, you know, we can't.
Speaker 6: This is a tough league.
Speaker 7: It's it's tough to win, it's tough to play well all the time. It's tough to beat teams in the NFL. Everyone's good, you know. I've heard people talk about our roster, and our roster is amazing. I love it. Everyone's roster is good, though. There's teams all over the place that have really good rosters, and it's about executing properly, and to do that you got to work really hard on and off the field. And so there was definitely a huge sense of urgency for our team to get back at and still is.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's changed at all.
Speaker 4: You bring up your roster and you guys during the trade deadline got an absolute stud to be on the other side of Nick Bosa. I know he's a stud I know he's going to play well for you guys. How's he fitting into the locker room? How did he come in there? And what kind of guy is Chase Young?
Speaker 6: He's been great, he's been awesome.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think you know when I know exactly what he's going through right now. And when you go into a team like this, one of the beauties of it is you know, all you have to do is be yourself.
Speaker 6: And I think he sees that and he's done that.
Speaker 7: He's fitting great, obviously, played extremely well yesterday and we're excited to have him. But now he's been a great locker room guy already and he's been himself and practice is hard, works hard, and you know, hopefully he's got a revamped sense of energy coming to our team.
Speaker 4: Dude, if you're in the NFCU West and you're a tackle and you see that trade happening, you're just like, fuck man, are we kidding?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, to deal with that shit, especially like with the Niners back end, like their defense showed up, because there's been question marks outside of their four walls about their defense, specially past defense. And now you bring in Chase Young, you got guys who you can kind of pin your ears back more with four man rushes than trying to get creative with blissing, So you get that extra guy like, I'm sure you know as much as those tackles hate it, Like, I'm sure the back seven was relieved, like, hey, we can play some more covering. No this, we can do more of that. Uh yeah, man, I think he'll do I think he'll do well out there. One question I had for you, what is Christian McCaffrey's guilty pleasure during the season? Is there a TV show? Is there something you do at the end of the week. Is it a restaurant? Is its food?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: What is Christian mccaffery's little guilty pleasure where he's like, you know what I'm checking out for about what are you getting naughty?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, when you get naughty.
Speaker 6: You know, I like, uh, I love.
Speaker 7: I mean, we talked about the snacks on the plane. That's something I've always looked forward to because I I'll eat you know, the cookie, I'll eat everything on that plane. I don't know if anyone else is the same as me when it comes to this, but I'm always looking for new shows and new movies, and I just watched The Office, and I it's like, I want to get into a new show, and I've seen The Office five times, but I just like it's so much easier to just throw the Office on than start a new show. And I'm not sure if anyone else is like me in that, but it's hard for me to get into a new show during the season.
Speaker 6: Or anything like that.
Speaker 7: So I my guilty pleasure would be just throwing The Office on and kind of just relaxing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like there's a level of when you start a new show, you're like, I really got to pay attention to pick up on the things, pick up on the reasons why people say, hey, you need to go watch the show. Yeah, when you put on like an Office or Parks and Recreation, those ones are just like funny, you can keep a moving if you miss fifteen minutes of it, it's not going to change the plot or anything like that.
Speaker 5: That is always a nice little deal. And also to go with that, like having to concentrate. But once you buy into a new show, there's part of you that you'll look at the clock, like if it's eight forty five and you got an hour and the next show and you're like, okay, I can probably get in bed and hopefully asleep by ten pm.
Speaker 3: But then it goes into ten thirty.
Speaker 5: It's ten thirty eight when you're checking your clock to where you're like, I knew I shouldn't have watched that one more episode. Like when you're bought in, Like when you're when you are getting pulled into that show, sucked in, like it's you almost no no boss, you almost like you start to compromise a little bit, like let me get an extra one here, Okay, I'll sleep six hours instead of seven because you want to watch that, Like they left me on a nice cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: So it's probably smart that you do that. That that is very smart.
Speaker 4: What did what did you have on the on the run back from Jacksonville?
Speaker 7: I had the Boom chick a pop by the way, shout out boom Chicka Pop.
Speaker 6: They sent a bunch of popcorn in the locker room.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, So thanks to the boys for giving me the platform.
Speaker 3: And Boom Chicka Pop. Business is open.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: The EQ guys, we all indulged in it. So it was great. I also, that's the other thing I I'll play. I'll play a little bit of Fortnite. I feel like I'm the longest tenured Fortnite player in the NFL. I started playing when the game came out, and I haven't played another game since. It's the only game I'll play when I've gone through like four or five different rosters of guys. So my Mondays and Tuesdays, when I have some time off, I'll kick back in the chair and play the game for sure.
Speaker 3: And didn't like I've never been.
Speaker 5: I was more of a pubg guy versus Fortnite, But didn't Fortnite just like go back to like an original map or something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the OG map is back. They got a different get you know.
Speaker 7: You know you ever played Call of Duty too that you remember gun game in the town?
Speaker 6: Oh, they have that.
Speaker 7: Now you can play that with Fortnite guns. Like, no, Bill, there's a bunch of you know. So I'll get on with my high school buddies and we'll play that, which is fun.
Speaker 6: That's probably my guilty pleasure of the week is.
Speaker 4: That air you're a big first person shooter guy, like, hey, we're playing with a bunch of people, or do you like a good storyline when it comes to your video games?
Speaker 7: Also, and the storyline doesn't do it for me. I am I'm not gonna play by myself either. I like how like if my buddies are on, I'll play because it's more about the camaraderie for me and just a little bit of competition that's kind of unconscious. You can sit back and do whatever. But I never got into the storyline. I think like the last storyline game I played was probably Halo three way back in the day.
Speaker 3: Still a great game.
Speaker 6: It's a great game, but yeah, I know it's more first person.
Speaker 4: If you want something that's less uh stressful in the eyes and the reaction time, we got a nice little thing going with a game called Risk. It's a board game. We play it on the Xbox Live, and that would be a great addition to try to Yes, dude, it is so much fun because everyone is making strategical moves and you're like texting people on the side like I'm gonna do this, you gotta go do this. He's getting too powerful, and guys, we're just talking shit the whole time. Back you're really playing the game for like four or five hours. It's definitely an offseason game, but I think you would be a phenomenal addition. Yo, time you got anything else for the boy?
Speaker 5: I think last time we talked about after the tier talk, we were getting into some ice cream. Is that a subject that you have some expertise in where you got a ranking? You have a little ranking system for your top three? I see you cleaning your throat like this might be your moment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wouldn't say. I wouldn't call myself an expert. Just speaking honestly. I like what I like, and I'm I'm standard when it comes to ice creams. You're not going to enjoy my valuation, but I can give it to you.
Speaker 3: I would love to hear it.
Speaker 4: It's I could just see I see Have you ever seen that that video on Instagram of the guys who grabbed the spoon and he's like showing you how you.
Speaker 3: Taste ice cream?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel like christ is doing that in his head right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now this will make you sick because my my rankings aren't anyway.
Speaker 6: Number one oh for me.
Speaker 7: At the top, Yeah, yeah, maybe I'll start three.
Speaker 6: Number three is mint chocolate chip. Number two.
Speaker 7: Is anything Oreo cookies and cream, and my Numbnumber one is Hoggin DAW's vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 6: Yep, boys, I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you that. I apologize, and but that's what it is.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to sit here and lie on on the bus.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know?
Speaker 5: That was worse than watching the first half of that game like Raiders Jets, Like that's just word.
Speaker 4: That's as bad as watching an Iowa football game. Right there, you're this is not this is actually not a joke. If you were to flip your picks, you have the same exact palette as my six year old daughter. Yeah great, And now I meant chocolate chip.
Speaker 5: Is just it always blows my mind when people are like, yeah, I messed with min chocolate chip.
Speaker 3: Let me explain the.
Speaker 7: Mint chocolate chip though, because I I used to agree with you on that, I would I would laugh.
Speaker 6: When someone would bring up mint chocolate chip.
Speaker 7: But to me, it's the you could eat the whole thing and feel good like whatever whatever ones you guys are probably gonna say your three bites and you have a stomach cache right like it depends.
Speaker 5: I mean, I can I get to the bottom and then it takes probably twenty minutes for it to kick in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, then you've hurt it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I'm on some vitamins, I can put down like a pint and a half before I try to say like, hey, well you gotta stop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we like three pre biotics before to convince yourself like this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll throw in PF changs. Last night and I gave myself three digestive ents. I'm thinking like like I'm good, I'm completely fine.
Speaker 3: Hey, that is the logic though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were in we were at barstool HQ and bake Cat orders what's this? Body orders the milkshakes for to make it special, Portillo's Portillos. He orders milkshakes for Portillo's and these we're talking about guzzlers. We're talking about big gulps. You get the seven to eleven size, yeah, like sixty four ounce yeah. And Will He's like, have you had Jenny's ice cream? Have you had gooey butter cake? And a couple of guys did, a couple of guys didn't. So we'll also orders that I drink an entire the sixty four ounce vanilla shake, and then the gooey butter cake got there, and I'm like, I'm gonna have a couple of bites.
Speaker 3: I had a whole damn part of that too. For me, it's not the stomach.
Speaker 4: I feel like my lower extremities, I'm like, legit feel them like I feel like I could tear anything at any moment.
Speaker 5: But your thing with min chocolate chip is like you feel you feel just as like, you don't feel as bad.
Speaker 6: It's a refresher. To me, yeah, it's a refresher and every bite you want to do anything.
Speaker 7: I like about it because I've always had a critique on men chocolate chip is that they don't you don't get enough chocolate chip in it, and so you're always waiting for the next bite. But that's part of what keeps you in the game, is you know, if you're unconsciously scooping you're eating, You're like, man, I wish there was a chocolate chip in that bite. All you're thinking about is the next bite. Like when I have the ouey guy whatever, the butter cake you have that, by the way, you've had that on the first bite.
Speaker 6: Every bite's the same. You're like, all right, I'm I'm good dude.
Speaker 5: To me, it's like, holy shit, I get un in higher pint of this flavor in my mouth because I'm one of those guys I eat faster because like, as as it's gone in my mouth, I need to taste back in.
Speaker 6: So I'm always yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And like a Jenny's, you let it sit for just a little bit so you can start getting a little the little melted edges, and then that is when you know you're playing with house money. Because for me, the gooey butter cake and like the high five candy bar from Jenny's Dairy Queen.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm a big chocolate candy guy.
Speaker 5: Dude, if that's loaded up and you know some it's all the way down to the bottom, Like to me, that's that's It's like, do you want to feel refreshed after eating ice cream?
Speaker 3: And me, my answer is no. If that's how we eat ice cream, then I don't want to be right as an adult way.
Speaker 7: And hey, I actually that's a good point, and I understand that maybe in a different stage in my life, maybe I changed my mind. Just right now where I'm at, I like the classics. The other thing too, Yeah, just a vanilla. So much pressure. There's so much pressure when you go to like an ice cream store in order because there's ten thousand flavors, and you're like, I'm not gonna buy five pints of different ones. Well you could, but I know what's consistent, and I know what's I'm gonna enjoy. Like if I order cookies and cream, if I'm going to an ice cream you know, a little local shop and they have cookies and cream, that's what I'm gonna get because I know I'm gonna enjoy it. But if I get like chocolate fudge brownie with something, I'm like, you're it's fifty to fifty whether or not I'm even gonna like this, and it's twenty eighty whether or not it's I'm gonna like it more than cookies and cream. So that's why I stick to the classics, because I know for a fact I'll enjoy it, and that's good enough for me.
Speaker 6: I'm not a risk taker at the ice cream stick.
Speaker 4: That's a good that's an all great point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a veteran. I feel like that is a veterans.
Speaker 5: Eavy moved because I can get caught windows shopping for sure, and I'll still eat the whole things and I'll be like I would have liked you know what, I knew I loved before this.
Speaker 3: Because I am I'm like, oh, that thing sounds good. Yeah, And I'm like you in that way.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you see when you like but there's that other one, you're like, man, maybe I should get that, And then one of your buddies or your wife gets that one, and then you have a couple bites of years and they're like, hey, do you want to try? And you obviously do try, and then that one's better. Yeah, And now all of a sudden, the plate you're at is it's worthless to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I'll do. He kind of alluded to it, but I will. I'll buy a couple. I'll buy a couple and figure out if this is really worth the flavor. I'll eat it, and then I'll save my one of my you know, o G favorites at home, and then if I don't like it, just toss.
Speaker 3: And we'll get back to business.
Speaker 4: I feel like, as an adult, when you get into your thirties, like the idea of having ice cream it's a you have to you have to get amped up. Like you're you're at the boy's house, you're hanging out and having a good time. You're like, do you want some dairy queen ice cream. You're like, yes, I want some dairy Queen ice cream, and you're gonna go off. That's not the time to get your vanilla's, your min chocol chips, so your your orioles, even though an oriol blizzard does hit, but that's a little yeah, you get a little while. Yeah, obviously I want the large can. They put an extra squirt of uh caramel in that thing. Like that's when you get a little wild. You know, if you're sitting in the side having like after your nice little dinner on a Thursday night and have one scoop of vanilla ice cream, you might be a serial killer. That is that's a crazy move. That's a crazy move as an adult, I know.
Speaker 7: But it's Hogan DAWs specifically, the Hogandaws is the best I'll feel. I'll feel this is what will happen, though, and because I understand what you're saying, and it's great, it's a great point. But I'll feel, you know, like I'm gonna venture off and do something crazy. I'll order a strawberry because sometimes that strawberry is intriguing.
Speaker 6: You're like, I'm going for and maybe it's maybe it's the mood you're in.
Speaker 7: Like, I don't want anything heavy, And as soon as I take that bite of strawberry, instant regret. As soon as I take any any other bite other than vanilla or Oreo, it's instant regret because I'm comparing it to that. Yeah, that's why I like you, know, I respect the places where you can add your own topics because every time I get vanilla and I add Oreos and I don't want the gummy worms and I don't want that in my ice cream. I don't want even sprinkles. I've never been a spring. They don't do anything.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I was with you with the worms.
Speaker 4: You lost me on the sprinkles because I personally you're a sprinkle guy. My favorite combination is vanilla ice cream with caramel and sprinkles. I think that is just an absolute staple that to me is probably the best combination can possibly have. That's why that's why I said, I don't hate a vanilla.
Speaker 6: Take the caramel.
Speaker 3: He's just a vanilla. Rainbow sprinkles, not the chocolate ones, the rainbow ones. You are a fruitcake man, bro Bro, you put a little extra on there, adds texture. Dog sprinkles. That is insane.
Speaker 4: No, I see why every time we talk about treats or snacks that I have to be together the odd man out. I'm telling you, sprinkles is a move on ice cream.
Speaker 3: It's a move.
Speaker 7: No, it takes away, it takes all of it takes away what ice cream is. I don't like my ice cream shouldn't be they shouldn't have sprinkles on.
Speaker 6: This is the thing. You put oreos on ice cream.
Speaker 7: That makes sense because you're like, I could have an oreole plane and it's gonna taste good when you eat sprinkles.
Speaker 6: Like, when are you eating sprinkles plane? You would never do that's so why would you do it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: It's not when you when you have a cheeseburger and you put ketchup on it. If you alrea to eat ketchup by itself, even I want to eat this. It's the same thing as you're saying to the sprinkles.
Speaker 6: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's the same analogy you just used. Hang on, what else what.
Speaker 7: Else you can ket You can put ketch fifty different things. You can put ketchup on a million things. Sprinkles you're dealing with one one.
Speaker 3: Category and a sugar cookie or something like that, like lost cookie.
Speaker 7: And by the way, I don't even I don't want the sprinkles on the sugar cookie either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sugar sprinkles is kind of just like that annoying rain that's like it's not heavy enough to be like, you know, hey, it's storming outside.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of hitting you and you're just like, why is it rain? What a waste of a day.
Speaker 4: I could not disagree with either of you more. I think sprinkles is a it's not. It's my favorite topping on with vanilla ice cream and caramel, that combination, and it's a it's a unique little thing. It's like your pumpkin spice lottes. It's you just it's not for all the time. It's for in those moments you said it's your favorite. It's my favorite combination. If you have vanilla ice cream, yeah, we heard it. French vanilla, caramel and sprinkles. You put those three together, you're living, You're living the dream.
Speaker 3: That is that To me, it is an.
Speaker 4: Oreoles are great. Oreos are great, but it's essentially you said the same thing. You did the same thing with oreoles as I did with ketchup and a burger, and I know that ketchup's a more versatile condiment. However, mustard still more versatile thing. But it's gonna make your sandwich better. But you're not gonna get mustard by itself.
Speaker 7: You're playing and you're playing with an old ball. You're playing on two completely different fields here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's all right, Yeah, No, that is your Yeah, that's again, that's your truth. That is your truth for sure.
Speaker 4: Popcorn talk about, Hey, we're never gonna go out to eat together, the three of us.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 4: I think that's why we have We're gonna get ice cream the next time we see each other.
Speaker 3: Christian were like, Taylor, what are you getting.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna come out to Nashville in the off season and we're gonna get thirty different ice creams.
Speaker 6: We're gonna put them down and we're going to test all of them.
Speaker 4: And we got to cover the label, so we have no idea what flavor it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it will rank perfect gooey buttercake coming out top I know it's going to come out top three, no doubt.
Speaker 6: I actually with my over this offseason, I did that same thing.
Speaker 7: We did a big taste test for all these ice creams, and vanilla wasn't included, and cookies and cream wasn't included. And I can't remember what finished top. But maybe next time i'll come back and I think I have it on video, I'll remember which one one, because probably if you want a more sophisticated answer, then I can give you whatever, whatever flavor one on that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll definitely, we'll definitely do that. That's that's that's right up our alley. Yeah. No, we're a big, big ice cream boys.
Speaker 4: Do what Yeah, that's a great good time, A couple vitamins, play some risk after Oh yes, yeah, absolutely, we'll have a time.
Speaker 5: Yeah are we solid? It seems like a CMC. Thank you for giving us, gifting us your time. Bro, Uh, we really were. We were rooting for your hardcore. I was yelling at my TV because I had you in a parlay, I had you in a parlay. Yeah, I was feeling it with you. But yeah, fired up for you, bro. Sixteen games a touchdown streak.
Speaker 3: That is that is awesome. Eighteen my fault.
Speaker 4: Eighteen tied a record TI day record in the NFL. His name will be etched in history forever. We're we're gonna keep We're gonna end this on a great note. We're not gonna bring up last week and what happened between the three of us last week. We'll talk about that at a different time because it's been such high vibes. But we appreciate you coming on. Make sure you tell Broc I said hello, and I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 6: I I appreciate you guys always.
Speaker 3: Man all right, brother, we'll see you. You're the man. Bro every time. Every time.
Speaker 5: He's good at the list of his logic, and it is great too. When he goes, uh, he's like he kind of sets it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's kind of sitting there like, uh, I can do a list, Like I'm not an expert, but I'll give it to you if you want me to, kind of like setting it up, like you know, yeah, give it to us.
Speaker 3: And he's like, all right.
Speaker 4: Then he kind of just pauses, looks down because he knew that vanilla at the top was gonna really throw a lot of people through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I I if I was to pick.
Speaker 4: Between the core three of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate, I would pick I would pick vanilla, which I know I'm an outlier on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to me, I can go now. Strawberry is a third for me unless we're talking milkshakes. I think a smooth like a strawberry milkshake is solid. But to me, picking the three out of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, it's kind of like, you know which Pokemon am I gonna start with? It doesn't really like I can, I can you? We can win with all of them.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love that the way you explained it, like Pokemon. Pokemon has been a big category for us. Yeah, yeah, this weekend. Really just twice it was the name game and no now yeah yeah, but still it rings true way I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we grew up on Pokemon. Man.
Speaker 4: Man, if you guys, if that was a true locker room hang on session, it was, Yeah. And that's that's why you come here, boys, that's why you come to the show.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Obviously, McCaffrey just played. We have Steve O coming on. We're gonna rip some ads for you guys. We're gonna do good bad the We're gonna do our twisted question of the week. Is there anything else that we're gonna do?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like, what's the question?
Speaker 9: Direct?
Speaker 3: Take?
Speaker 4: Also, let's do you want to do our good bad the ogly? Do you want to twisted twist the question?
Speaker 3: First? Let's go.
Speaker 5: Twisted question brought to us by UH. Brought to us by twisted Tea. Perfect for pool parties, college game days, Keep it twisted with the boys. We were just out in LSU over the weekend and that was a great vibe. A lot of twisted queens, a lot of twisted kings were spreading the good news. We're taking photos, we're handing out merch. Grab a refreshing twisted tea today. And this twisted question is brought to us by our boy Mitchie in the back. Mitch, what do you have for our twisted question?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 10: All right, our twisted question this week. It's pretty cut and dry. Would you rather be blind or be deaf?
Speaker 3: I always think the negative ones?
Speaker 5: I know, yeah, like these are always you know they've been some lose lose Yeah, but short short answer for me is deaf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think deaf too.
Speaker 10: So I So I saw something on Twitter about this one and UH like a friend asked one of their blind friends, like, if you could be which one would you rather be and she said that she'd rather be blind because being deaf is so lonely because you can't really like you're just you're not hearing anything all the time, whereas like being blind, like you can still have conversations with people and like still connect with them, but blunt, like being deaf, you can't. You just show you're just kind of alone in silence your entire life.
Speaker 3: Fair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good point in that movie. Uh uh Ray Ray Charles, like Jamie Fox, he made that made that Blanche. It seem kind of like a movie, kind of like a vibe and people by the wrist, no one, they look like, yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would still go uh, I would still go death though. Do we want to do another one? Do we want to one? That's fine, we just we leave it out there. That's you know, that's one. Yeah, the question of the week. I think we can. There's there's some upside I guess with both see everything or hear everything.
Speaker 10: These are these are tough to come up with. So if you guys, if you guys have a twice of questions, drop him into comments because your boys struggled.
Speaker 4: Well, that's where you can use the Internet to your advantage. Monday mornings, you can go on the bust and account. Pop that thing out there and see what people bring up. You know, Dan, it's no longer on. Mitch Carson is now in.
Speaker 3: The people.
Speaker 6: Helped me out.
Speaker 5: Should we jump into uh, you want to? We want to tell college ball your boys, your boys. Michigan had a big win, big win at Penn State.
Speaker 4: Big win at Penn State. Did not do a forward pass in all of the second half. I guess won that register because there was a PI that move ball down the field.
Speaker 5: Are you concerned about not throwing the ball in the second half or are you more leaned to the side of we didn't have to throw it, Like we just ran the ball the entire time to get you guys.
Speaker 4: I loved the way from a blind fans standpoint, that the way that Dave phrased it. He's like, we are so dominant that we decided we're just going to run the ball the whole time. Me you saw me at bat Rouge. I had a lot of questions, like, what's going on with JJ?
Speaker 3: Is he al right? Did he get hurt?
Speaker 4: Because I know he's a couple of hits in the beginning of the game, or maybe something happened the week before that. I'll feel a whole lot better after this week. We're playing Maryland this week. I think the Lion has already started at like minus twenty and a half, which is kind of small, but I almost think Michigan's not going to cover that. Why because the game is the next week and I've I said at the beginning of the year, Maryland is the scariest game on our schedule because it's between Penn State, big win, and obviously all the heightened emotions with the allegation Searon More you saw it in his face after the game, and then you go into Maryland and it's kind of like, Okay, let's play this team, even though it's a good ball club, especially in September, they're a great ball club. And then but you got Ahio State to look forward to after that, and just continuing the fu button that Michigans can just press since you know, middle of October when all these allegations came out. So I don't know, it does make me, it makes you worried.
Speaker 3: I just think if I'm looking at it was I'm like, why aren't they throwing the ball?
Speaker 5: Because again, JJ's like a Heisman contender wins idiot, whether or not he's in the top three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's up for avice debate.
Speaker 4: I think after that game, you can't like you're not going to look back and go, Okay, this guy's gonna win the Heisman. No, let's say, let's say he was a front runner, which he had one. I think he betting odds after a Michigan State he was does you have the best still? Which is wild because you have you know, I think bow Knicks is balling in Oregon right now. That Henx kid, and uh, he's a stud and is it Jade and Daniels the guy from Yeah Jane Daniels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but he he is not very right right right if we're talking best player Heisman, like outside of how well the team does, because they are seven to three and one of the best offenses, I mean, insane, possibly the best offense in the country, right, but they just have zero defense.
Speaker 3: But that dude, that cat, Jane Daniel, like he is a monster.
Speaker 2: Bro. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so if you're giving an argument for why JJ should not win, because there's a lot of good ball players this year, a lot of good quarterbacks, especially it's top ten game, the first real game according to everybody else. So you've played this whole entire year. Why aren't you put it basically putting on JJ shoulders the entire time?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I think this Penn State game kind of tossed him out of the conversation, like he maybe he'll be there at the awards ceremony. But it's again, you're playing a team like Penn State, like everyboy, we we all watch that game like that was a massive game and a Heisman winner. You're you're leaning on that guy. Yeah, you're leaning on that guy.
Speaker 3: To the game. But it's more like brilliant Blake Korm than me.
Speaker 5: Is you know somebody who's more of a Heisman candidate coming out of Michigan than anybody else.
Speaker 3: What if JJ is a good game in the game, Again, I don't think.
Speaker 4: Hard because it's like you're looking at these guys like you're looking at Pennix, You're looking at Jayden you said from lsu.
Speaker 3: Je Daniels, and you're looking at bow Nicks.
Speaker 4: Bow Knicks, and it's like those games, those big games are like we have to have this guy like be dishing out the ball. You have to make sure this guy we had to put it on his shoulders because he's gonna win it in that game will be on him. And then you're like, how do we defeat this man? And now Michigan, you know, we have a we have a good run game that came out against a team that was I think statistically top.
Speaker 5: Five both teams, Like that was a straight running game and the running game it was, it was age.
Speaker 3: It was an awesome game.
Speaker 4: I just hope JJ is not hurt or something happened where it's like you don't want to put the ball in his hands and throw it a whole bunch, because he had three picks against Bowling Green, but since then he's had zero picks.
Speaker 3: He's been dishing it.
Speaker 4: You watch the away he was pending as Michigan State, Like that game specifically stands out in my mind where the placement of the football was going. And then the week before that against Perdue, he had a couple that you know, catching guys while they're running and they're kind of catching it behind them and a couple things to you, and that stands out to you. After the Michigan State game and then this game, no throws. Yeah, eight throws and he still goes seven for eight with sixty yards, So it's not like, what do you mean still if you're seven for eight after I think it was like maybe the first quarter or a couple of minutes in the second quarter, he was already like seven for eight and that's those are good numbers.
Speaker 5: That's a good completion percentage. Yeah, as a quarterback facilitating an offense. Those aren't Heisman numbers, yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: But if you're in the first quarter of a game, that's solid.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the only time you threw it, That's what I'm saying. So I'm wondering what happened that they had to make the adjustment to go and just run it. And I'm looking at it from a critical eye of like being more nervous than I am optimistic, like Davis taking the optimistic approach where it's like, we don't have to throw the ball with our with our Heisman quarterback to win the game.
Speaker 3: We can beat you any what you want.
Speaker 4: Personally, I walked away from that game being like good Win boys covered. I thought they played well. I thought the defense was in a bend, don't break situation against a better offense than they've played. I thought the quarterback for Penn State played.
Speaker 3: Really, really, really bad. Yeah, that was brutal.
Speaker 4: I thought he was terrible because he did throw the ball a lot and he had fifty yards of offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was That was tough to watch.
Speaker 4: So so now I sit there and just unbiasedly looking at the game, you may see me personally a little more nervous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you I can see that. But the positive is that defense played really well. And yeah, the quarterback, they didn't have a quarterback. It would have been you know, it'd have been interesting had they had an accurate quarterback playing decent did.
Speaker 3: They have at Ohio State?
Speaker 5: Right, which, But another positive is, like, you know, you're really leaning on blakecorm and he was delivering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then obviously the game's coming up and speeding about the game, dude, bragging rights. Not quite a trophy game, but if Ohio State wins, they get themselves them cute little gold pants.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Duke Cannon, dude.
Speaker 4: The new Scent Trophy game was created a support from Busting with the Boys team and it's available in Thick body Wash and Big Ass Brick of Soap. The idea was hatched for the bust And Bowl, which is played between Nebraska and Michigan. We want to bring the scent to life that celebrates college football and its greatest rivalryes College at game has college Yeah no sorry. Trophy Game has notes of smoked leather and amber and smells like college bragging rights, not you're randomly assigned freshman roommate. Roommate Thick High Viscosity body wash Thick is formulated to with a noticeably higher viscosity and built to work effectively on your body and not spew down the dream. I need to know what viscosity means. Big ass brick of soap is three times bigger than the carmon uh the common bar soaps triple milk for superior quality, and it's made with natural oils. Find the new Duke Cannon set at Duke Cannon dot com. Slash Trophy Game and now available in your closest Walmart. Yeah go back Heisman talk real quick if JJ. Let's say balls against Maryland has crazy numbers, and then he does the same thing against Ohio State, and then he does the same thing in the Big Ten Championship game.
Speaker 5: Do you think he's still out of that Heisman talk. I think he's in like a top five, but I don't think he ever. I don't think he sniffed the top three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard for me to argue after seven and eight and sixty yards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I mean if he was ballin's I'm trying to be like objective about it. To me, it's like if you're looking at who to vote for for the Heisman winner in a game like Penn State, when you're in some third medium, third longer and you're still just running the football, like you're gonna lean on your Heisman player.
Speaker 3: Who is the award is for the best player in college football? Right?
Speaker 5: And to me, it's like Blake korm is the best player on the team in Michigan. That's what they're who they were leaning on throughout the entire game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you look at Blake's numbers though, I mean, he's his average like five point nine yards per carry, but he hadn't had like crazy numbers this year aside from the amount of touchdowns he scored.
Speaker 3: Again, he's not playing a whole lot in a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fair, You had an interesting conversation on Thursday at HQ with Casey about how this college football playoff, Yeah money between five and seven. Do you want to break that down for a little because I was kind of I was away from that conversation getting ready for the Pro Football Football Show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what you ultimately like, what we're gonna see is teams being left out of the college football Playoff. You're gonna have an undefeated Big Ten champion, assuming the trap gate like, assuming teams take care of business, right, You're only gonna look at the game. Whoever wins Ohao State Michigan is gonna come out of an undefeated Big Ten champion, an undefeated Florida State. As we as we sit here and look at it, a one lost Pac twelve champion from Oregon or Washington, one lost Texas, a one lost SEC champ Alabama if they beat Georgia in the SEC championship, a one lost Georgia and a one lost Big ten, one lost Big ten team. If that's how it plays out, I think the way it is trending right now, Georgia has looked more like a Georgia. Georgia looks scary this week they yeah, for sure, but also Bama looks real in my opinion, Bama's gonna win the SEC championship. Like, who do you think who do you think comes out? Who do you think comes out of these conferences? Who you're obviously Michigan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know Who's I think that. I think the question should be who do we think is left out? Because I think we might live in a world where an undefeated Florida State team could be left out of the College Fable playoffs.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I think ACC champion and I get it, but like go to Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida statecas.
Speaker 4: This is hurt by Oklahoma because they lost to Oklahoma and Oklahoma's just been not great frauds in the college FOOTBA landscape.
Speaker 3: Georgia if they lose.
Speaker 4: To Alabama, Alabama has come out in a big way where it's like the elite? Can you can you leave them out? What happens if Ohio State loses to Michigan? Do they go from one to five? Like if Michigan loses O they will they will absolutely be out. People are looking for a reason and they're three. They would be out no matter what. Even without the allegations, you're gonna have Florida State.
Speaker 5: When you're looking at their schedule, they beat l s U, they beat Clemson, they beat Duke, they beat.
Speaker 3: I don't know if wake Force has ever been ranked this year, they beat what's up Clemson? Cson's like five hundred this year.
Speaker 5: Or a dead But they're starting, they're like, they're like starting to play better right now in this back half of the year. They really, I mean they are. I'm with you, But again, I think a win over an l s U, like if a winner is like their only yeah, because they because.
Speaker 4: They they played Duke when Duke was no longer ranked. Duke with Duke was hot September in like early October, and they kind of fell off a little bit.
Speaker 3: Right, they're no longer they're no longer ranked.
Speaker 5: But if you go off them being undefeated, beat two SEC teams, because you'll people talk about Florida, people talk about l s U. Uh, you win the ACC Championship or whoever comes out of that's gonna be probably North Carolina, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but North Carolina there's two lost team.
Speaker 5: It'll play into the data of like strength of schedule being good enough to be in the top four. Right, I personally don't think that they're that they're a top four football team coming out of it to the collegewall playoff.
Speaker 3: I just think if they do go undefeated, they will get in.
Speaker 6: D Who do you think gets left out?
Speaker 5: Let's hear them bring up the top not bring up the top ten. Let's tear who we think these teams are in the college howall playoff talk?
Speaker 4: Because I'll tell you what. The scariest thing to happened this weekend was Georgia. The way they came out and they're just how is brock Bauers back.
Speaker 5: I think if I was, if you tier these schools, he had the top tier kind of plays itself out.
Speaker 3: Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State.
Speaker 4: One of those teams will get left out. Between Michigan Ohio State, I.
Speaker 3: Think Tier two right now? Yeah, is you know who I literally the rest of them?
Speaker 5: Alabama, so four to eight, Florida State, Washington, Oregon, and then you got Texas Alabama. Who I would jump over Oregon State and LSU right or Louisiana right now is Missouri.
Speaker 4: I put Missouri in my I put over put Missouri over Lowville in Oregon State.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for to round out my Tier three how I think it will end up. My prediction. I think, uh, Alabama beats Georgia. I think Georgia is left out of the College Football Playoff and I think it is the Big Ten champ whoever that is. I think Florida State wins out, and then I also think Oregon gets in as a one lost Pac twelve team.
Speaker 3: So who'd you pick? Alabama think Gorgan beats Washington in the Pac twelve. Yeah, yeah, yeah, my great, great move.
Speaker 5: I even wrote that for my my direct take too, are overly direct take presented by DirecTV. DirecTV is the ultimate destination for pro football where fans can get their football fix in whether you're watching games live or on TV.
Speaker 3: Me an app.
Speaker 5: DirecTV has you covered and you can get DirecTV without satellite. Stop compromising, start watching football one eight hundred DirecTV. My overly direct take is Georgia gets left out of the college football Playoff. I think Alabama beats them in the SEC Championship. I think people will yell from the mountaintop whether Alabama wins by three to seven, whatever, all Georgia should get in. I think Georgia gets left off because, in my opinion, the SEC Championship if it is Georgia and Alabama should be that extension of the college football playoff getting in. I think the same thing with a Big ten that should be an extension of getting in. I think when you look at a one lost Texas, it comes down to, Okay, you're gonna have one loss teams between you say Texas wins out avenges their loss against Oklahoma, and then you have I'm thinking Oregon will come out of the Pac twelve. Then you got a one loss Oregon team avenging their loss against Washington. I think Oregon has a better has had a better schedule, a better run than a one lost Texas team. Because Texas almost lost to Kansas State. Uh, they didn't look who they just play over the weekend. They didn't look very good over the weekend with when you were was back TCU. They were in a close one with TCU. Yes, they beat Alabama, but they beat Alabama in September. They're not They didn't beat this Alabama team that's playing right now where Milroe is not a question mark. So to me, that is my college fall playoff. Oregon, Uh, Oregon, what would I say? Oregon, Alabama, Florida State and then the Big Ten Champion.
Speaker 3: Well, you need to say who the Big Ten champion is if you're making a prediction. Mmm, I don't know, man, I think it's tough. What's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not the oh Yeah yeah, because it's gonna come from the game. Yeah, Big Ten champion would be Michigan. You if if Machkin loses to a hot state, there's Ohia State now going the Big Ten Championship. Yes, okay, Yeah, it's gonna be Michigan or a host state. It's gonna be one of you guys. I think it is tough. I think it's tough to determine. If I had to guess, I think Ohio State sneaks you guys.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'll want you guys to win. I will be clear. I want Michigan to win. Yeah, that's okay, that's how you want to play it. No, I'm saying I'm trying to be objective on this. Georgia is gonna be in.
Speaker 4: I think Michigan will be in, Hostile will be out, obviously, Florida State will be in.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 4: I like the Organ take because that's gonna go down to Washington Organ and the pack they'll play playing the Patkash yeah.
Speaker 5: So the winner scary, scary, but Oregon's tough man. Oregon organ has been on a who did they play this weekend? Usc Yeah, Washington played Utah.
Speaker 10: I mean Utah's has been has played all these teams super super tough. But I just Washington seems like they can score at will whenever they want. Yeah, just throws it up to their receivers and they're like, all.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, we're gonna be motivated.
Speaker 5: I like they have a they have an older defense, and we talked about about the bus them in the trenches. I like the way Oregon plays. Then you get a nice little day landing speech pregame. I like Oregon. I like Oregon fired up.
Speaker 4: So that's what I's out for. I'll take I'll take Oregon in there. I hope Georgia, Michigan, Florida State, Oregon.
Speaker 3: I hope they do too. I don't think they're that good.
Speaker 4: It's a a sec I tell you what if it's a while because like Clemson wont like two three years or something like.
Speaker 3: That, say, Florida State loses, who do we feel like gets in and and Georgia loses.
Speaker 10: One loss Michigan, Ohio State and then one loss Washington, because.
Speaker 5: You do you have a one loss Washington one I mean one loss basically one loss all of them up there.
Speaker 4: I think the only way you have two Big Ten teams in there is if Michigan beats Ohio State because Ohio State in the College Fotball PLAYFF is ranked one and Michigan's ranked three. So if Michigan loses to Ohio State, they will drop to five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it's a close game like last last year, is a close one writer No, okay, if it was like a close game, because Ohio State did still get in. But I think if two teams got in from a conference, I think it would be Oha State Michigan because they don't play in the Big Ten Championship. I'm not saying that them over Alabama and Georgia. I'm saying that if Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship, like to me, that should be the plan to get into the playoff.
Speaker 6: I think Georgia gets in no matter what.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and like in previous years, when two SEC teams make it into the championship, I would agree with you. But because it's so tight between five and eight, it's hard to somebody to lose and then keep them in. But like Georgia bing two, they could easily drop three spots being like sorry boys, but they also have back to back Natty, So do you keep them in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: It'll be interesting the way these next three weeks kind of navigate everything.
Speaker 3: I know, it's just fun time of the year. It'll be fun. So we talk NFL. Yeah, don't let the Raiders get hot. Yeah, two in a row. They are. Josh Jacobs playing back better, all of them are playing better man against it.
Speaker 4: I mean, they didn't score a whole lot of points. That that over that Delandy took did not hit even close.
Speaker 5: But because that Jets defense is crazy, Zach crazy, and Zach Wilson just hurts him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's reports coming out now that Aaron Rodgers said he's looking for a December comeback. So I think the Jets that would be sots are playing the Bills and the Dolphins next. They've got to win one of those to keep it for Aaron Rodgers to even try to come back, because if they lose, I think you're out. You're not out of the playoffs, but it's not looking great. Yeah, you've got to beat You've got to beat the Bills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not looking good. But the Raiders' schedule in the back half is really tough, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they're in a tough division as well. That's kind of overlooked because the Chargers have underperformed this year and the Broncos, the Broncs actually getting a whole lot better. Yeah, and the Chiefs haven't been putting a whole lot of points on the board either. So it's like kind of you are like looking past the AFC West.
Speaker 5: Right because the AFC North is filled with absolute juggernauts right now.
Speaker 3: The only fraud, the only fraud in there is the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they've I don't know how they're six and three, but they hate they've figured it out.
Speaker 4: The Bengals also had the same record this time last year. Bengals, I mean Bengals, Bengals are tough, tough. I can't believe they lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, C. J. Strout is incredible, Bro, he he's different. The kid is different.
Speaker 5: You hate putting it on a play player or anything like that, but man BOYD catches that ball in the end zone, Bro, they still might go down and score though, Yeah, but they have to they have to score versus kick a field goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I think the Texans are going to win the South. They're just getting hot at the right time right now.
Speaker 3: Texans look good. Yeah, I think the Jaguars are still This is my third.
Speaker 4: Change in the AFC South. By the way, I went no, I went to Titans twice. But I'm finally like all right, yeah and well.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, because Colts like they gotta win. But again they they lost Richardson, Like they're you know, they're still.
Speaker 4: On the road five since like November seventeenth of last year. I think the last game they won was that Thursday night game against the Packers Away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you what. It is tough.
Speaker 5: It's like you had that a little bit of hope with Will Levis a couple of weeks ago, and Will's a stud, but I just.
Speaker 3: Think, yeah, the old line. It's it's kind of back to ship. I know.
Speaker 4: It's tough because you can't easily go overreact at the box score and be like he's willed up the guy, which I like Lily came in and said this on Hey, is well, well the guy or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think, will you get to watch a whole lot of ball yesterday? But it was.
Speaker 5: But to your point, the Texans are playing good, But I do. I think the Jaguars still get it. Like I still like. They just lost to a very tough, very pissed off Yer team. They were on a five game winning streak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like. I still like the Jags. I like Houston to get in though.
Speaker 5: I like Houston to get in the playoffs, which is nuts to say after the way that they've been as a team the last couple of years in the organization.
Speaker 4: So who's out in the AFC North because we're looking at three teams possibly in the playoffs there? How was your fun take a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I think the.
Speaker 5: Steelers end up still not making it. I think you got the Ravens, the Bengals, and the Browns is how it ended up. I think the Browns will scrap to try to make that seventh spot because if you look at the AFC, the AFC is loaded. When you compare the AFC and NFC, it's all kind of playing itself out now. Is because the NFC is not near as tough as they seem to be in like those first five six weeks go.
Speaker 3: You got the Chiefs, you got.
Speaker 5: The Ravens, Bengals, Browns, that's four if you go Jaguars, Texans five to six, and then there's one more who from the.
Speaker 3: You would have one coming out of the East, and I think it'll be Miami.
Speaker 8: Do you think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 10: Look at the Steelers point points four and points against differential.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one fifty six two.
Speaker 5: That is nuts, man, just crazy because if you look at if you look at the East, then that would mean that would mean that the Bills slip and don't get in, which could happen. Like to me, they're not a team that's playing like a team that knows who they are right now there. All they do is they lean on Josh Allen. Obviously, we're recording this right now on Monday morning, so we haven't watched the game Bills versus Broncos tonight. But as of right now, where my opinion is is that, yeah, it seems like the Bills, the Bills would miss it. I would love to see the Jets come around, right You would love to see this Aaron Rodgers story kind of play out, him come back in December, he gets into the playoffs, that would be insane because if the Jets have Aaron Rodgers as the quarterback, like, they are so good of a football team because say have weapons man Garrett Wilson. He is an absolute stud Breis Hall. He just needs the he needs the offense that he needs the offense and operation and stuff to get him going because he's a great player. But they just don't have a whole lot of offense and starts with that quarterback position because their defense is a championship defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if Aaron comes back in December, is he really going to be good enough to win? I mean, it's Aaron Rodgers, but I think we're talking an Achilles three months.
Speaker 3: If I'm saying if he comes back in December, I think so. I love that. I would love rooting for that part of it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely, Let's do good, bad, the ugly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of upside, a lot of upside with the good, the bad, the ugly, bust with the boys. Listeners.
Speaker 5: We got an incredible app for everyone who buys gas and who needs to know about upside. We are getting We are earning cash back for every gallon of gas that you buy. Are you looking for extra cash or money you could use towards paying towards paying bills. Upside is the perfect at for you, and it's not just for gas. You can earn up the thirty cash back at grocery stores, restaurants, and with takeout as well. Just use the promo code busting. That's bussi in. You get three times more cash back with Upside than any other product out there. This includes loyalty programs and credit card rewards. Just use the promo code busting. No points or loyalty rewards. Use code busting you get three times more cash back real cash, can cash out at any time. It also works with other loyalty cash back and credit or debit card rewards programs that are out there, so that means double the points.
Speaker 3: Just download the app for free the Upside App.
Speaker 5: Use promo code busting to get twenty five cents per gallon or more cash back that you want in your first tank again promo code busting bussi in.
Speaker 3: Rattle off the Good brother right aloft the Good Rattle off the Upside. Let's talk about the Upside for a second.
Speaker 4: Let's see, all right, I got friends in Baton Rouge Louisiana. The hospitality of that place is incredible. Jack, what was the guy's name? I can't believe what.
Speaker 3: You're going to use it? Huh Darren, Darren.
Speaker 4: Literally one am after Shaq goes on we're hanging out. We need to get an uber back to the hotel. He's like, Hey, don't get an uber. Can you guys all fit my tahoe. We're like, yeah, we would, We absolutely can't. Drives us drives us to our meet and greet at walk On's Like, the dude is just an absolute homie. They had stakes for us on Saturday. Guys, all time, good Michigan football. Obviously, that was a big game. That was the most stress I've ever felt as a fan.
Speaker 3: Watching the game.
Speaker 4: I felt alive, I felt scared, I felt everything in between.
Speaker 3: It was awesome. C J.
Speaker 4: Strow We've talked about him, guys an episode stud LSU's game day experience calling on Baton Rouge sucked at Tiger dick bitch like all that stuff. I thought was it's the truest form of football first mentality at a university, the truest form I've ever seen. Lions, Deshaun Watson and obviously the last good is Shack in his family, not just Shack but his son as well. The group he was with everybody was super cool. I was already a massive fan enough Shack, but even more now. Yeah, I mean Jack was that was crazy. He's also a monster, Dud's a monster. Came up, give me a big bear hug.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you're always the biggest cat in the room, dude, and seeing you next to Shack, it's just like it is incredible, Like how big this man is even his son, his son seven feet tall, right, Sharif.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, when.
Speaker 5: He's standing next to him, he's making him just look like a twig because Shack is so wide.
Speaker 4: Bro, that is it's a that's a grown man, grown ass man. And dude, I've said this before. I said this at Fred's, but when I meet other tall guys, their go to phrases like man, I'm used to being the biggest guy in the room. I was thinking, what a weird thing to say, But when I met him, I was like, should I say that for just some like filler here or what's the deal?
Speaker 8: You understand it?
Speaker 3: Now? You understand it a little bit more. This dude came in and bear hug Taylor and put like his chin on the top of your head. Yeah. I said, no, no, no, I want to like, I want to get out of it. I thought somebody was messing.
Speaker 4: He was like no, no, no, big guy, no, No, I'm like, yo, is this That's what I think it is is after we obviously met him the night before and shake.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not a big em guy. That went hard. That was awesome. But that's my good. That's my good.
Speaker 5: Let me look here, okay, my good. Josh Dobbs shout out the boy. I mean, he's just playing well. I and we didn't talk at all about uh, we didn't talk about the NFC. But to me, the Vikings are a playoff team, and that conference isn't a conference like the AFC, Like a lot of teams are gonna be battling there to the end. But the AFC, like he can play out so many different ways. I feel like the NFC, you can kind of tell who's going to be in the playoffs. You got the Lions, in my opinion, the Lions. The Vikings are a playoff team. Somebody's got to come out of the South. I'm rooting for coach Arthur Smith because I don't think the Saints, so that to me, that's the weakest. That's the weakest division in football, the West. The Niners are gonna come out of it, probably the Seahawks. So you got two from the North, two from the West.
Speaker 3: That's four. Then you got somebody out of the South. That's five.
Speaker 5: Two's got to come out of the East. I think it's gonna be the Eagles and Cowboys. Like to me, that is that's more of a cookie cutter, something kind of easy to predict.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Man Josh Dobs, the way he's able to operate Kevin O'Connell, I think it speaks a lot to his leadership and how they're kind of running things over there. It's the next man up mentality. They're embracing it. They're playing really good football.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 3: Stroud, I mean, you go in. I was standing on the Pro Football Football Show to beat the man.
Speaker 5: You gotta beat the man, and he, I mean two weeks in a row now, game winning drives like they are riding high.
Speaker 3: Coach Ryans.
Speaker 5: He's got those boys lit up after the games and in the locker room you can tell that they're building some special there.
Speaker 3: The Raiders got it. Shout out the Boys, the Silver and Black.
Speaker 5: The Raiders now two games in a row with AP at the Helm, victory cigars.
Speaker 3: In the locker room.
Speaker 5: They've done well, They've played some good football. I also had the chaos over the college football playoff. We talked about that, and then I've absolutely nutted all over the board over the weekend nine to three and one in the Pro Football Football Show ten and three and slips in picks. If you're not gonna hype yourself up, who will? But Yeah, that's my that's my good. That's my shots.
Speaker 3: Is the good. That is a good move.
Speaker 4: What I did you see the records for Pro Football Football Show? Because I think we're a lot similar in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I have to I'll have to go double check, but by myself, great job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do we do? And bet the bus? Bet the bus?
Speaker 5: I believe two and four? Oh, I think I think two and four, maybe three and three, but I don't. I feel pretty strongly that we went to and four. A humbling weekend. Tennessee really let us down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean not to. I'm not trying to throw salt on the wind. You know, you know, I like room for Tennessee.
Speaker 9: I remember we talked about this growth growth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that's right, that's right. Yeah, that was that was massive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I guess seeing any kind of seeing that comment, Old Jack saw that comment, It's like, okay, he's trying to shoot on Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I'm really not to me.
Speaker 5: They let us down like that was a team that should have played way better at MISSOO. I mean they scored six points. That's the lowest. Is that the lowest and the hype in the hype era?
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe, I mean definitely is the lowest score all season.
Speaker 3: Man, that was just that was a bummer. Yeah, that was a bummer.
Speaker 9: Teams bummers right now.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't think we're gonna keep it moving, keep it moving. We're getting fully covered against USC. I think they won by fourteen. Not it was it was far worse.
Speaker 9: Bet the bus.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, because I have we went to and four at all?
Speaker 11: I don't know, I know we've been five times. Yeah, yeah, I'll take I'll take that one for the team.
Speaker 4: Put it on my back.
Speaker 3: That's big Joe so bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kicked off the bad two and four Bet the bus uh, I hate that we let you guys down. I think we'll come back firing. You know, every setup or every uh step back is just you know, set up for a comeback. Whatever that quote is bad sec just firing head coaches left and right. But the good the upside. You should aspire to be a fired uh football coach. I mean negotiated deal, yes, y yeah, a seventy six million dollar buyout that is absurd to not coach ball over the next six years.
Speaker 3: It was the six years, eight years. He's chilling.
Speaker 5: He's chilling, I mean, he's ball coaches who get fired. McDaniels was another one. I think it was forty something million was his buyout. Aspire to be a fired pro ball coach.
Speaker 3: Ten yard coach, Yeah, fire tenured coach. There you go, the big ten. I got the big ten.
Speaker 5: I think the decision that they had for the suspension was hardball was a bad suspension. Either go all in or wait for everything else to play out, and again the bad I'm gonna go back, like I know, I'm going back.
Speaker 3: To old wounds here.
Speaker 5: But the referees against Michigan State against Nebraska, if they don't see this domino effect that they've now created. Nebraska's dropped two in a row, and I did think it started with the with the Zebras at Michigan State.
Speaker 3: So that's my bad.
Speaker 4: I do have Nebraska in the bad because dropping two in a row, and I feel I didn't put them the ugly for because they're not out of bowl season yet, but they had three tough games coming up.
Speaker 3: Two we have left left? Yeah, and who Wisconsin and Iowa and I think lost too to Northwestern over the weekend, did they minute? If Minnesota lost, then that means we still have everything out in front of us. Wait, no, no, no, Iowa? I would yeah, yeah, Iowa.
Speaker 4: If they dropped the next two though, and you guys went out and Minnesota did lose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Who's Iowa is playing Illinois this week? Which Illinois has been playing some weirdly tough ball. Yeah yeah, Illinois beat Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You're right, we need Illinois, we need ILLINOI one too, but go ahead, go ahead with the uh.
Speaker 4: I put them in my last one only because, like I know, the expectation you have for your team was set at nine and three.
Speaker 3: Nine were a floor of seven and five, but my prediction was nine and three and I feel.
Speaker 4: Like just the goal of getting out of the you know, shitty football talk of Nebraska, just get bowl eligible and then it's like you've got that monkey off your back. You can keep moving and then look on the hot, better things going into the rural area. So that's why they're in my bad and not not the ugly yet because if they lose next week, it's like, oh shit, we gotta be a rival who you can just beat last year just to make a bowl game. The bad lack of sleep this weekend. There was a lot of moving parts from Thursday to get into Sunday. That was just it was just a lot of no sleep people who towed trailers fifteen miles an hour under the speed limit.
Speaker 3: I was almo.
Speaker 4: I was technically late to putting my kids to bring my kids to school today, but the line was a little long to drop off, so I actually ended up making it. But there was there's a level as a father when you're driving your kids to school and you take pride. I have a great streak going when I drive my kids to school of getting them there on time and dangling moving around a lot of one lanes. Also, and that was that that guy that sat in front of me, almost ruined my streak. My daughter, she was fighting tooth and nail not to just put some some ug, sparkly ug boots on this morning.
Speaker 3: And it's like, just put the shoes on.
Speaker 4: It's all good, Like no one's gonna care, like it's I wish you knew how not big of a deal this was.
Speaker 3: Then my last one was was Nebraska.
Speaker 4: But a little bit of a fight this morning, A little bit of a struggle, a power struggle this morning with my three year old daughter. We ended up winning the battle, and I feel real good about it. They were stoked to see dad because I know last week I tweeted about how they want mommy to put them asleep. They want mommy to put them sleep. I get home, I say, hey, who's putting you guys asleep tonight? They both screamed daddy. So that was we're looking up in the family category, right, we are looking up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, as someone who doesn't have kids, do you want to be the one put in your daughter sleep? Or is it more just like it feels good that your daughter wants you to be the last one to see you before.
Speaker 4: You want them to want you to put them asleep, because sometimes it can be I don't know how it is for Rue, but for my kids, win's pluck and play.
Speaker 3: We know what our things are.
Speaker 4: She does her thing, Hey, no fuss and a night she goes, you got it, daddy, love you see you later.
Speaker 3: Willow.
Speaker 4: You're kind of in this three year old war right now where she's testing boundaries and it takes a solid forty five minutes just to put her to sleep. And that's with negotiations, that's with mental fortitude. That's her and I going back and forth.
Speaker 9: What does she negotia like?
Speaker 8: What does she want?
Speaker 4: She does everything to play the game longer. And this is a big one she does right now, is we go potty before bed, and then I get her dressed. We read the book, We snug. We do like our little thing. Because you want to keep the routine set with them all the time, keeping the same routine so they can feel some sort of stability when you go to bed.
Speaker 3: Jordan Peterson talks about.
Speaker 4: That, but she's been doing this shit lately where you put the pajamas on her and you get ready for bed, and you go to put her in.
Speaker 3: Her crip and she goes, Daddy, I have to go poop.
Speaker 4: And it's so frustrating because now I have to take off the footy pajamas, which is a onesie, put her on there, and then she wants to fuck around for ten minutes and then finally she does it, and you're like, well, at least you know I let her what it felt bad. But there's a couple times here and there where she's dying. Yeah, she lets that a couple of toots and she's like, I'm good, and I'm just like, all right, let's go to bed. And you got to pick them up little more aggressive than you usually do.
Speaker 5: I can grab and shake him up, all right, Daddy almost fell, Daddy tripped.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you don't know where the cameras are. So that's a bit of a it's a hassle right now. And I think right when they get around two years old is when you when they finally figure out like, oh I can I can fuck around a little bit and make another twenty thirty minutes out of this thing.
Speaker 3: Hang out. Yeah, Well we'll see with all Rue Like Rue is, she's more pro mom.
Speaker 5: I'm putting her to bed, like we'll set her down once we brush her teeth and do all that stuff, and we're going over uh, and she sees Daddy sitting in the chair. She'll just look at look at me and go, uh bye bye bye bye o. And I'm like, hey, sweetheart, it's it's daddy's stern to night.
Speaker 3: No bye bye, no mama. She kind of does the water over to mom.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But the wind for my for Charle and I is my routine goes faster with Rue. That is jars up there. She's in the room longer because I don't know. I don't know how jaw runs the operation. I am familiar with it a little bit, but to me, like Rue doesn't get She'll be like book book that we're not reading the night.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. We don't do that once we read, And then she points and wants to go to the crib.
Speaker 5: And then she tries to finesse me by being like, you know, you want another hug, sweetheart, And so I pick her up and kind of rock her, and then she'll point to the rocking chair again.
Speaker 3: And then once I go to the rocking chair, once I sit there, then.
Speaker 5: She'll try to be like book book like, no, sweetheart, no more book, it's quiet time now. We gotta ready for bed, and so I'll just hum and kind of do my little songs to her until she's like, all right, time.
Speaker 3: For bed, and then I put her down. We're gold you dip. Yeah good.
Speaker 5: It's a good probably twenty fifteen twenty minute tops, that's solid.
Speaker 3: But I am starting to experience the rue wanting mom.
Speaker 4: Over dad, and it's hard because it does you like you can look at it and be like I get it, but then and you'll understand it, and then a couple of times later you'll be like, man, that does I wish they kind of just want to hail me a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So you catch yourself doing a little bit more fun stuff when discipline happens, like hey, honey wants go ahead and handle that, and it works.
Speaker 3: That actually works, by the way, that's listening.
Speaker 4: You want to get up her hand, make your wife discipline a couple more times, and then the fun be like I don't know what she's beat on crazy for, Like you guys are awesome, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Let me out a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but we were on the ops in the little one household as far as that's concerned.
Speaker 3: So you h ugly Uh. The only ugly I had was Texas A and M, which we hit on. And I'm having to hit that buy out.
Speaker 5: By the way, the guy flexing that dollar amount one hundred and seventy something million dollars for that giveaway, that big check on the field.
Speaker 3: What a way to show your balls of how much money Texas A and M has?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: A question I did have. Do we think Urban Meyer goes to A and M. That'd be cool? You don't think so. You don't think he gets out of the You think he's just you don't think he'll get that itch.
Speaker 5: Part of me is like, this is Urban Meyer. He's like one of those obsessed football coaches. He loves to win. He's a competitor. I think you just feel like he has that spirit that will eventually bring him back into the game.
Speaker 4: And money talks, and if you're able to do a seventy million dollar buyout, yeah they can be they Hey, naming your price. We've seen the product literally Florida Championships, Ohio state championships. Yeah, it's like proofs in the pudding. And you bought up some good points before we came on. The show comes into a solid roster, solid foundation, great fan base in il, money out the ass at the ass. So you're gonna do whoever you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can run that operation. He can be that. He could be that guy.
Speaker 5: He really knows like all head coaches heavy egos all so, the majority of people in sports heavy egos. But we know it being on film and the resume of Urban and all the stories. He's got a huge ego.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: So I think he'll I think he'll come around once he gets bored with all this all this mainstream TV stuff that he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Michigan State's been calling for Urban Meyer forever. They don't have I don't think they have the funds to get him.
Speaker 3: No, they don't have the team. Like you know, that's not a situation.
Speaker 5: He's not trying to rebuild anything in a really bad spot, right Yeah, Michigan States, they're in a very very.
Speaker 4: Tough Spotot, I'll go quick with my ugly Titans. It's just it's just hard right now.
Speaker 3: Is it over? Season over?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not, it's never. I mean him, bring up the schedule. Yeah, we can do the schedule. Every team that's favorited here. We should pick Titans to win.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think that'll be.
Speaker 4: I mean, they beat the Panthers, they could beat the Colts, they could they could beat beat.
Speaker 3: That's a tough tough yeah.
Speaker 11: Left is literally AFC South games, two teams that are are good.
Speaker 3: Now, Jack, I will ask you and not put Taylor in the spot, thank you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you hope the Titans lose out so the draft pick is higher?
Speaker 11: That's like such a tough answer because as a fan you never want to like prey on a loss. But strategically, looking forward, I don't think people are gonna be upset if we like are losing out, But I would never like if we saw the Titans went out right now, it'd be awesome.
Speaker 9: I'd be ecstatic. I don't want to see little losses.
Speaker 11: But at the end of in two and a half months, when the season's over, these losses don't mean as much when you have a much higher draft.
Speaker 3: Stock based on the product you've seen.
Speaker 5: It's almost like, we just gotta get we gotta get a line great, let's get a high let's get a high draft pick.
Speaker 11: We gotta get some linemen that are gonna go the distance. The protection is so scary right now, and like, if we don't get that you know put in place. We're just gonna continue to be in this like lull of eight and eight type mentality, and we'd.
Speaker 9: Be lucky to be eight and a this year. I don't even know if it's possible, And so I don't want a tank.
Speaker 3: But the next one at Jacksonville's tough.
Speaker 9: Yeah, at Jacksonville.
Speaker 11: Be in the season in Nashville with Jacksonville Texans almost back to back with Seahawks.
Speaker 9: Scary, scary hours, the witching hours here for the Titans.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna have a.
Speaker 9: Really good I'm gonna have a really good December. Doesn't matter what my teams are doing. I'm gonna I'm gonna a little love life, love life.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a good month and a half for you to flex. There's new tools you've developed, Yes, so I'm happy for you.
Speaker 3: Are you proud of yourself for leaving the old line in such disarray? Yes? No, that's great. Yeah, And we get Ben Jones on here too.
Speaker 5: Are you guys proud of the fact that you love this team in such disarray on the offensive line?
Speaker 4: Man, it is tough. I saw a couple of clips because obviously all the two birthday parties. I was out yesterday after that long travel day.
Speaker 11: The dads are like, man, you suiting back up shuts like titans.
Speaker 3: Huh oh, they'll be all right. That's always my answer I go to it'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either way one way or another. But yeah, man, that's uh, that's tough. Should we get into the Steve O podcast.
Speaker 3: I have one more question for you. Yeah, do you like drones? I do like drones.
Speaker 5: Are you going to Vegas this weekend? I am going to Vegas, the boys, the whole squad, We're going to Vegas. The whole racing world is going and our friends at DURASL has invited us to the Drones show that is right before the race, with over five hundred drones illuminating the sky over Las Vegas. It's going to be an epic tribute to the fans of Williams Racing, featuring the partnerships between Williams and Durasel. Come join the Boys, Williams Racing and DURASL to illuminate the skies over Vegas with five hundred drones in a tribute to Williams Racing fandom. Saturday, November eighteenth along Las Vegas Boulevard, right outside the Encore Win and Fashion Show drive. Also, if you want to win tickets to see Williams racing at next year's Miami Race, we're giving away the Ultimate Experience race tickets, paddock club passes, meet and greet with one driver, and tons more follow us.
Speaker 3: Is there anything below that?
Speaker 5: Jack visit To check out this game away, visit durassel Miami Experience dot com, slash barstool to enter again, race tickets, paddock club passes and meet and greet with one driver in way more. Visit durasseel Miami Experience dot com slash barstool to enter All right, Steve.
Speaker 4: O podcast is coming up next. It's an hour and a half long, I think hour and fifty minutes long.
Speaker 5: Long episode long. The day drop comments we love to see it were yes, this is truly is this for me? Was truly like meeting one of your heroes. You grew up watching the guy, the stories he tells, the laughs, the seriousness. We talk a lot about Bammar Jerra and his situation, what they've gone through, his process of help, trying to help Bam since he's battled addiction for so long.
Speaker 4: We tour his house and obviously there's a loogout on that. It's truly this for me was like a holy shit moment.
Speaker 3: It was so awesome.
Speaker 4: I wish you were there, it was I loved it, bro, it was so awesome. So please enjoy this episode. And I believe we hit all the ads to this, So this is me and free for your boys at free correct at least though, everything all right if.
Speaker 5: We're ad free, enjoy this post show interview basically free of ads.
Speaker 3: With Steve O.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Busts with the Boys. I am absolutely privileged to be sitting with you here today. I need to tell you a story before we get into Our guest is the legendary Steve O from Jackass, from Wild Boys, from having a rap career, from doing comedy. The man fucking does it all? Dude, does it all?
Speaker 8: You want to be.
Speaker 2: Careful about dropping f bombs at the very top of it.
Speaker 8: That can get that can get your uh yeah, dude.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of bus with the Boys. We have with us the amazing see the awesome Steve O, Jackass, Wild boys rapper does it all man, and I I do have to tell you this real quick before we start.
Speaker 3: I was in a situation. I was a UFC two ninety.
Speaker 4: I grew up a massive fan of Jackass, and sitting in front of me was Johnny Knoxville and I, dude.
Speaker 3: I literally sat there and I was like, Bro, that's fun. That's Johnny.
Speaker 4: I got I but I have a weird thing about giving people flowers like that in public because then you don't know how he's gonna react or all that. He said like he was having the next time with his lady. I missed it on the opportunity. So here I am sitting with you being like, dude, you shape my childhood. Okay, for the better or for the worst, I don't know, but you did it.
Speaker 8: Right now. Was the BMF one in Salt Lake City.
Speaker 4: That was Las Vegas with who was a valcon Volkanovski. It was uh National Fight Week. Yeah it was awesome, dude, but you.
Speaker 2: I forget where I was, but I certainly watched it. And Knoxville's a prank panel promo was strong.
Speaker 3: Strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a strong promo. I reached out to congratulating. I was in England. Still, I reached out and said, hey, knox congrats on your promo for the prank panel on the UFC. It looked great, and check out my press And I was forwarding him from my publicist all of the press that I got for jumping off the tower of London Bridge. Yeah, and I mean there was a lot of it. I haven't scored a publicity jackpot like that in quite some time. And Knoxville wrote back, he said, thanks for the congrats, and thanks especially for sending me. For compiling all forty nine of these press links, you saved me a lot of work. Like this running joke that knox Oe would be mortified to ever like share a link to his press with anybody that's just not in his DNA.
Speaker 8: And that's one hundred percent who I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah have you Has that become you over the years or I've always been Yeah, dude, Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being an attention whore, Like you're sitting next to one right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, can we agree that attention is the single most valuable commodity known to.
Speaker 4: Man, especially at this day and age, no question about it.
Speaker 2: It has been like, uh, if there was a graph to show the value of attention of it.
Speaker 8: It has just done a hockey.
Speaker 4: Stick, yeah, or ramp like you have in your backyard right now, for sure, dude. It's it's wild seeing like the dynamic between all of you growing up and where you guys are are all at Now do you.
Speaker 3: Want to keep doing more stuff?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: How long do you want to keep doing this gnarly shit?
Speaker 2: I certainly have a finite time for the really high impact stuff.
Speaker 8: I've just taped.
Speaker 2: A comedy special, which I believe you guys are holding this episode to promote, and by the way, thank you for even considering doing that. Possibly my bucket list special is already available as we're you know, in the future when this comes out. But the bucket list, I got real high impact. I got real life threatening, like heavy stunts, man, that would never have been allowed on Jackass.
Speaker 8: I properly raised the bar.
Speaker 2: Five people passed out in the audience at the taping of No Way. Yeah, I mean that's not even unusual at all, Like we always had people pass out in the audience, like we average a dude per night, for sure, we just have to five of them pass out at the first show of the taping. Three passed out at the second show of the taping. But yeah, it's it's heavy, intense stuff. And now I'm putting together the follow up to the bucket list and that is even more high impact. And after that, I don't know, I don't know, you have to gone too far to it might be uh gone too far. There might be the Swan song for for really beating myself up. And if that's the case, that's fine because I've really uh kind of diversified and my different ways of seeking intention, you know, like maybe a podcast, you know, maybe podcasting is going very well for me. Yeah, uh, YouTube is going very well for me. Stand up is going very well for me. And it doesn't always have to be this multimedia affair with me beating myself up.
Speaker 8: For now, I love it, but yeah, who knows.
Speaker 4: But when you do like wild Ride, looking at the like wild Ride, your your podcast, you sitting there, the budget is not near what a multimedia All the stuff you were doing like that's low risk and you still get some reward out of that. This is this is that big boom like you you gave us seven minutes of that and the intro is incredible. I don't want to say too much about because I want people to go see it. I don't want to like give away anything.
Speaker 8: I'm not too precious.
Speaker 2: About letting people know what my creative is because number one, there there's nobody in the world who's gonna copy or steal my ideas, because there's nobody willing to do them. And number two, even if you know what happened, like you know, seeing it is a wildly different story. And and and I've always made a very big deal out of opening sequences, you know, certainly with Jackass, we've always made a big deal out of it. My last comedy special, which was multimedia like It, features the worst injury, by far, the most painful.
Speaker 8: Experience I've ever been through.
Speaker 2: For the opening sequence to that comedy special, I was duct taped to a billboard truck and driven down the highway to Denver. Candidly, we pieced it together. I was genuinely driven duct taped to the side of a billboard truck from La to Vegas. Once it got dark, we took me down and then we picked up the rest of the Colorado footage, you know, piece by piece. But yeah, I mean Knoxill was hitting baseballs at me. After duct taping me to the side of a billboard trug. It was rad so I needed to outdo that with the opening sequence to.
Speaker 8: The bucket List Special.
Speaker 2: And I just sapped me and I wanted to find me on the roof of a building, you know, a helicopter above me, drop a rope ladder and I grabbed the rope ladder and get flown all around, dangling from a rope ladder from a helicopter, get through a bunch of crazy stuff and end up dropping from the rope ladder onto the roof of my moving tour bus as an exercise and delivering me to the theater. And uh yeah, And it was ambitious, it was expensive, it was dangerous, particularly the part where I dropped from the rope ladder onto the roof of the moving tour bus. Yeah, like that's just sketchy, man, there's no way around that.
Speaker 8: And uh we made it happened, dude.
Speaker 4: When you do that type of intro, is it one of those things where like, are you get picked up by the individual who's flying the helicopters is also a treat? Then you go do this, then you dip in the pond, then you or you do that all in one film.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was all like like, uh not not one take.
Speaker 2: There was we were you know like uh, last week through the Lake and then reset and last week through the electrical wires and then reset and then Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of times people when they have a thing like you you had Jackass before that was Big Brother, and then it evolved into everything that it became once it came to an end, and you did obviously Jackass four just a few years ago. You've done an amazing job of pivoting and rerouting, finding ways to in our in our words, seek attention and find new ways to you know, keep building on this brand that you have. What was what was your process to find podcasting, to find doing the bucket list and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, first job, thank you for that. I appreciate that a lot. And uh, with respect to kind of evolving and and uh, it's not been something that was that that was since the last Jackass movie it uh.
Speaker 8: And I was more shocked than anybody.
Speaker 2: That there was a fourth Jackass movie in the cards, I mean legitimately, like I would I would have bet the farm that the jet that the ship had sailed like for Knoxo to come out of the woodwork ten years after the fact and be like I'm ready to go again.
Speaker 8: And I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: But of course I was open to it, particularly because I had stayed so active for.
Speaker 8: Those whole ten years.
Speaker 2: I was like, I mean, there's like, we don't have to test me, Like I know that I still have this in me because I've kept my doing dumb stuff muscles very strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dumb stuff muscles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, and and you know, I even said, I was like, well, guys, like, uh, you know, I'm gonna be doing this stuff putting it on YouTube anyway.
Speaker 8: You know, I might as well do it for a movie. It was a no brainer.
Speaker 2: And you know, here we sit in twenty twenty three, and uh, you know, like it's been ten years. It was twenty thirteen that I went on YouTube. Yeah, you know, so back in twenty thirteen, like multiple people said, man, you really to get on YouTube, you really got to start a podcast. And when I first heard it, I thought, man, God, I've been in like a few number one theatrical you know, box office movies, Like I've had like TV shows with my name in the title, Like I'm a bonafide TV and film star, Like you're talking to me about uploading YouTube videos, Like, man, that's a really uh.
Speaker 3: Depressing ego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was tough for me to swallow the idea at the time, Like, uh, I didn't think there was money, and I like, you know what upload YouTube videos?
Speaker 8: Like uh, you know, I just it felt like something that you know, my ego told me it was beneath me. But like I did it anyway.
Speaker 2: You know, I did it anyway because I had been trying at that point in twenty thirteen to pitch a new TV show. Nobody cared about it. At the last TV show that I'd had, like I got replaced, you know, this killer karaoke show. That same year, twenty thirteen, Knoxville was making Bad Grandpa, which was under the Jackass banner, and it was like we didn't even know what it was particularly it was we were just like, wait, hold on a second, knox Hill was making a jackass movie without any of us, Like we got straight timberlaked over here. You know, now we're the Jackson four, Like I'm the fucking Tito over here, like and it was just a really dark time and I was super super in a dark place, and I just you know, learned how to end. My buddy Sam mccroney taught me how to edit. I just made YouTube videos, not because I thought that it was gonna be a like a viable like way to make money, but just I did it just try to keep my sanity. And the way that I went about getting on YouTube was like pretty highly strategic.
Speaker 8: There were at the time.
Speaker 2: YouTube pranks were like the biggest phenomenon you had, Like these guys Vitally and Roman Atwood, like clocking five million views every time, you know, and both Vitally and roman Atwood, you know, they they were they were excited to help me because they were fans of Jackass, but the position that they were in on YouTube was way, you know, like we were like we were like mutually like super excited to work with each other.
Speaker 8: And I was starting at zero and and and when.
Speaker 2: I uploaded my first I uploaded two YouTube videos the same time to launch the channel.
Speaker 8: Video drove traffic to the other.
Speaker 2: And I collabed with both Roman Attwood and Vitally, and both of their channels drove traffic to each of my videos, which drove traffic to each other. So it was highly coordinated, and I landed on YouTube like I think in twenty four hours, I had one hundred and twenty five thousand subscribers.
Speaker 3: Nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had like, you know, hundreds of thousands of views, maybe like two hundred thousand views on each video, and like they were like USA today, I think wrote an article about how I landed on YouTube, like with such a crazy splash and all of a sudden, you know. I at the time, I was touring comedy clubs and I was still very green in that department. There was no indication that I would have any staying power on the comedy circuit, and I only had agency representation for comedy club touring period. But once I landed on YouTube, I got like my lawyer's reaching out. Hey, I'm hearing from every like one of the big agencies. They're really dying, They're clamoring to represent you in the digital department, you know, and like huh, you know, and like some taking meetings.
Speaker 8: I'm getting new agents. The agent I went with.
Speaker 2: Was like, Hey, I can get you on a plane to Atlanta to be in a movie with Samuel L.
Speaker 8: Jackson tomorrow, you know, And I.
Speaker 2: Was like sure up, Yeah, as I've come to learn the like every every time an agent wants to sign with you, they always have a really exciting, compelling reason to sign with them.
Speaker 8: And as soon as you're signed.
Speaker 2: With them, they're done. You will lazily answer the phone if.
Speaker 8: It rings, Yeah, they will do nothing. Gotta hate agents.
Speaker 3: But are you your agent lists?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many just did it take to get through this way?
Speaker 2: And and my touring agent became a manager And now he's trying to tell me that I need an agent as well as him.
Speaker 8: And it's a tough one. It's a real tough one, man.
Speaker 2: It's it's a real tough one. But that's another story. And what I'm just saying is that getting on YouTube brought about a full like rebirth.
Speaker 8: Like a renaissance in my career.
Speaker 2: Like it made me go from like being in front of the camera and at mercy of corporate executives to do anything, to like in control of every move and and that was huge also at the time, this is the crazy part. On that comedy club tour, at the end of every show, I said, guys, thank you so much for giving me a chance at stand up comedy.
Speaker 8: And I want you to know now I am not going.
Speaker 2: To go anywhere or do anything until I take a photo with every single one of you guys is looking around the room, And so I would do a meet and greet with the entire audience after every single show. I did that for eleven years. In the beginning, it was for two reasons. Number one, like people were pleasantly surprised they'd come to see me in a comedy club with just no idea, the lowest expectations you could possibly imagine for a stand up show, and they would be pleasantly surprised. Well, STEVEO was a lot better than I thought, And I wanted every single one of those people to go home with a photo with me so that they could post it on their social media and let their following. No, man, STEVEO was a lot better than I thought. You know, like Stebo, comedy is not a bad gig. And I think that that sort of grassroots approached to getting the word out that you know, I was doing comedy and I was doing it reasonably well, like, helped me keep going around the circuit. And the other reason I did those meet and greets was it was like a glorified audition to find out like who I.
Speaker 8: Would act out sexually with that night, you know.
Speaker 2: Like every night, Like it was like it was really really intense, how.
Speaker 8: Egregious, just how.
Speaker 2: Out of control like I was as a sex addict, you know, like I had gotten a chemical sobriety, like pretty stable. I was clean, clean and sober for a number of years, and.
Speaker 8: It just all like it was like whackable.
Speaker 2: I just like with the acting out sexually, it was gnarmally. And it was twenty thirteen, that same dark year, you know, so I had like I'm in this dark place. I'm you know, I'm the Jackson.
Speaker 8: For I got. I know, like I'm over, I'm done with ah, you know, and I'm just like acting out. So I h you know, I thought I subscribed.
Speaker 2: To the idea that for me to like have a good future, like good back nine, that I needed to learn how to be in a healthy relationship and have a life partner who could help me weather the horrible like scary becoming an aging attention wor you know, like and and I'm not gonna act out anymore. I promised myself, no more fooling around on the road. And I just couldn't do it. Man, I just cracked every time started seeing a sex therapists, you know, sex addiction therapist. He talked to me into going into sex addict rehab, like I did the whole thing man, and in sex addict rehab, they.
Speaker 8: Were like, oh, well, like what woul did the like what most like it is most.
Speaker 2: Recommended is a period of total celibacy, like you don't like, uh, you know, like Elvis does not leave the building. Yeah, not on your own, not anything, and that that's like a way to like kind of rewire your brain kind of.
Speaker 8: And I'm like such a gnarly dude with everything I do.
Speaker 2: You know. They recommended like thirty to ninety days of celibacy, and I did not blow aload for four hundred and thirty one days, no.
Speaker 8: Shit, straight up.
Speaker 2: I just made it into a stunt, you know. I was like and then the whole rest of that tour became you know, like every show, I'd be like, I am blown alad in this, you know, yeah, and uh god, I was irritable.
Speaker 4: But like that that I was irritable ninety days of just angry, horny dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not blow aload for the entire year of twenty fourteen. And for not blowing alad that entire year. Dude, I was a laser, Like I was a grumpy laser.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I was a grumpy laser.
Speaker 2: And I just pour like I started the year of twenty fourteen, I think, with less than a million Facebook followers, and I ended the year of twenty fourteen with more than six million Facebook emotions, like I was the most productive animal. And again I started YouTube in twenty thirteen. So twenty fourteen, I was just that was the year that I went digital.
Speaker 4: You know, And and I focusing that nut. Man, that thing was going nowhere. All that power went through your brain.
Speaker 8: All of that power went into work, you know.
Speaker 2: And you know, and I heard like a lot of people, you know, talking about finding the right person to settle down with. It's not find the right person, dude, it's become the right person. You know. Yeah, attract people who are as healthy emotionally mentally as we are. It's like like, uh, water meets the same level of water, you know, Like we attract the people who are as healthy as we are, and if we'd become healthy, we attract healthy. And now I'm engaged to be married, and I put in the work, and I still don't have the distractions of chasing pussy around, Like I don't have the distractions of being wasted drinking and doing drugs.
Speaker 8: Like I literally don't.
Speaker 2: Waste time, you know, Like I don't waste time on shit, Like I'm pretty largely always just laser focused on what I want to accomplish. And now I've got this great life partner who helps me accomplish things.
Speaker 8: So like it's pretty gnarly.
Speaker 4: You know, it's so awesome to hear that type of story because you hear so many times people like get into addictive personalities and before they can save themselves it's too late, and having addictive personality and being able to channel that and focus on something for the better, Like it's almost better to have it.
Speaker 3: Take the personality in a sex.
Speaker 4: It makes you like if you take the drugs and the sex and you just focus on what you've become so successful in, Like you're literally a story that every drug addict, every sex I can look at me like, oh, I could actually do this if I just focused this way.
Speaker 2: Right, and and uh, I'm going to push back. It's it's never too late, man, you know.
Speaker 3: It's I'm talking about too late, like passway or something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean the thing like, man, I feel.
Speaker 8: So strongly about this too, like.
Speaker 2: The luckiest, Like I'm the luckiest you can be.
Speaker 8: And I feel so strongly about this that.
Speaker 2: With with addiction, alcoholism, drug addiction, like addiction in general, it's the only disease where when you treat it, you become a better version of yourself than you were before you got sick. Any other disease, the best you can possibly hope or is to get back to as healthy.
Speaker 8: As you were.
Speaker 2: But we become improved versions of ourselves, like the sober alcoholics.
Speaker 8: Theatics, and.
Speaker 2: And I'm just profoundly grateful like me and sobriety, like say what you want people to be, Like, oh, dude, you were funnier on drugs, like number one, I was not, Like no, like I became fucking pathetic, like uh, you know, dude, Steve wasn't pussy now again not true, you know, Like I'm actually doing earlier things in sobriety than I ever did when I was loaded, Like and the reality is that I am running circles around every younger version of myself period and for sure, Yeah, and it's all because of sobriety.
Speaker 8: Totally.
Speaker 4: In those early days though of finding like realizing okay, I have to get sober, I feel like, well, a lot of people don't realize what's coming off something anything is the level of boredom you first received that first sixty days, ninety days, You're like, it's just not as fun, Like how did you kind of rapt that for yourself?
Speaker 3: Because you know, like we've all.
Speaker 4: Supposed to here have been high, and we sit there and you do things for a couple of weeks, and then you stop doing that thing for a couple of weeks, and then you sit there You're like, this would be a lot more fun if I could smoke weed, or if I could take this right kind of like that's how that's a game you tell yourself and then you play it in a mental warfare back and forth. I feel like a lot of people just can't see the other side of that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, man, And that's a common thing like that. There's there's the boredom thing. There's like the the creative thing. Oh man, I feel like I can't write great songs if I'm not loaded, or like you know, dude, I'm gonna lose my identity like, you know, there's a lot of fear around all that. And I remember I don't even know what year it was, or what rehab or what like stage. And in BAM's you know, in his journey that that it was. But I remember Bam saying to me that, like, you know, man, I'm just like sobriety, it's gonna be boring, man, Like I don't want to be bored. It was the exact same thing.
Speaker 8: And I remember what I told him.
Speaker 2: I said, Dude, recovery from alcoholism, like getting into recovery. It's kind of like getting into a swimming pool. Is that everybody can relate to, Like thinking about getting in a swimming pool and dipping your toe in the water and your toe tells you that water's cold and.
Speaker 8: You don't want to get in.
Speaker 2: And if you think you're gonna go around to the shallow end and walk down the stairs, hold on, dude, Randy, Randy holds the work.
Speaker 3: We're recording.
Speaker 2: Hold the work. So okay, okay, I think I can give you a seamless edit right here to not have that happen.
Speaker 3: Oh that's staying in what he's done his home address after this, to hear about that right.
Speaker 2: Ah. Now, if you think you're gonna go walking down the stairs in the shallow end and gradually get into.
Speaker 8: The swimming pool, you're fooling yourself. It's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Like we all know that the way to get in that pool is to jump all the way into the deep end, and there's no way around it. When you land in that water, your first thought is, wow, it's cold. It's gonna shock your system, because you can't change your your environment without shocking the system. But we can all also relate to having jumped into the pool feeling it was cold that it's pretty quick. It's shockingly quick. How how fast you act to me? Like everybody can relate to me, And I can't believe it felt so cold like a moment ago, and now I'm.
Speaker 8: Perfectly comfortable in the pool. You know, in the pool, and you know it's like that.
Speaker 2: Like and you know with respect to oh, it's gonna be boring. It's pretty easy to jump in a pool when you're on fire. Yeah, you know, Like if you're on fire, you're not gonna have any issue jumping in the pool. You're not gonna care if it's cool, because you're not on fire anything, you know. And that's really like how it is. And that's that's why they say that people have to hit a rock bottom, because like rock bottom, like your life has to get bad enough that.
Speaker 8: You don't care that they're boring.
Speaker 2: Sounds great compared.
Speaker 8: To the hill that you're in. And that's why you know what it was for me, like.
Speaker 3: You know, like.
Speaker 2: Bored, sure, anything, but this, you know, when life gets so bad that you will welcome being bored is anything but as bad as it gets, then that that that is what rock bottom should be.
Speaker 8: Now, the problem with.
Speaker 2: This analogy, particularly as it relates to me telling it to Bam, is that we can all understand that he just cannot go around shoving people into pools and expecting them to thank you for it, let alone stay in, you know, Like and I tried to shove Bam in the pool man so many times, and he just doesn't want to be in the pool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you bring up a good point. I mean, Bam, obviously all this stuff going on.
Speaker 3: I heard his rap. It was bad, Let's be honest, it was really bad.
Speaker 4: I listened to it last night, like one in the morning, and I was like the best part was him basically like talking insulting you and we man about your skateboarding abilities. And then he also saying, l A, I love STEVEO, but st and like you see it. And I said, growing up as a fan, you don't expect when you watch Jackass for everybody to effort to work out, for everyone to be like, oh, these guys are gonna be just fine when it's d But seeing a guy like you with the story that you have and seeing hey, it is possible, at what point does BAM reach rock bottom? Because from the outside, from an outside perspective looking in as just a person watching on the internet, it seems like he's just got too many yes men around him where it's like, hey, you're gonna be all right, don't worry about this. Let Bam do what Bam does. And he's got enough people around him that's maybe writing a check that doesn't want to lose that free meal.
Speaker 2: It's so perplexing, man. And yes, when you say yes, man, like you're like the.
Speaker 8: By definition you're talking about enablers.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, yeah, And it's true that most.
Speaker 2: People in active addiction can only stay an active addiction with enabling yeah you know. And it's such an insidious like disease that touches everybody close to the attict that everybody's sick, you know, and I really believe that that it is enabling at the highest levels that allowed BAM's situation to progress as far as it had.
Speaker 8: But with that said, man, I've.
Speaker 2: Been cleaning sober for over fifteen years, and you know, like I live in the world of recovery, and I don't think I've ever heard of a tougher case of somebody more belligerently resistant to the concept of recovery, someone who's spent. He calls it the Florida shuffle, like the Florida the Florida Shuffle, where like people are just recycling you through rehab centers and putting you back in and putting back into basically, I guess like it's some kind of a way to get insurance money.
Speaker 8: To pay for it.
Speaker 2: But regardless of the reason, the fact is Bam spent over a year. I mean, he's been in rehabs over and over, Like, he's been on a tour of rehabs and psych words and jails.
Speaker 8: For for years now.
Speaker 2: And he was purely in rehab from like more than a year and you know, still just doesn't like like uh get it. You know, you would think like like you did, what are they teach you in They're like you don't you know?
Speaker 8: But in any case, uh I I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like it needs to change the scenery.
Speaker 2: Well, there's been so many times where I saw his like the comedy club meltdown, like the doctor Phil, you know, business like the you know, like the each thing worse than the next, and I think like, okay, this is it, you know, I think, okay, this he's gotten bad enough for it like this, and it's not like it's just it just keeps getting crazier and craasier. And I don't know what it's going to take. Many maybe he's got to go broke. Most addicts have to lose everything.
Speaker 8: For me, it was just how like.
Speaker 2: Truly humiliated? I I humiliated myself into reasonableness like I was then I'm I'm a.
Speaker 8: Douche no matter what what.
Speaker 4: But how do you recognize being humiliated when you're as loaded as you say you were?
Speaker 2: Because I got and it's what a great question right there? I got locked up in a psychiatric word by Knoxville, Right, Yeah, it was March ninth of two thousand and eight, and so my sobriety date is March tenth of two thousand and eight. We count our sobriety date as the first day.
Speaker 8: We didn't get loaded.
Speaker 2: And you know, I was locked up in there like when when when they got me to the psych word, Like god, I was an unlovely creature. I remember there was that they got me in the car and they cleverly showed up with like eight people from my intervention. So if I didn't want to go, like I was gonna go anyway like they and I've never been a fighter.
Speaker 8: So they got me in the car.
Speaker 2: They drove me to the Cedar Sinai Hospital for the psych ward. There the psych ward was ready to receive me, knowing that they had documented my qualification for California's fifty one fifty law, which is you can lock somebody up involuntarily for seventy two hours if they had presented.
Speaker 8: Threats to themselves or others.
Speaker 2: And they get me to the hospital, pull up to the curb and there's somebody waiting for me, like with a wheelchair for me to sit in the wheelchair and the wheel me into the hospital, Like I don't need a wheelchair, and I'm spit on the person, you know, like like like I'm at a point where like spitting on people was not unusual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that was like, you know, no problem.
Speaker 4: I've been in a couple football games where some guys have received some saliva for me.
Speaker 3: A lot of backlash, a lot of backlash.
Speaker 2: I was, I was quick to spit on people, and you know when I went out, they were I had that I was sure I was going to calm like calmly talk my way out of this and that they weren't going to lock me up in the psyche cord.
Speaker 8: But like I was wrong about that.
Speaker 2: And as they're kind of processing me into the hospital, you know, I'm like no, but I know I'm gonna smoke a cigarette and like then I want to.
Speaker 8: Smoke a cigarette.
Speaker 2: No, Like you know, my next move is I'm gonna grab a chair and throw it in a temper tantrum and like I don't even get I don't even get a piece of furniture like off the ground before orderly is like just peer out of nowhere and just grab me and like slam me down on a table and I get a needle in my butt cheek and next thing you know, I'm just waking up from a nap.
Speaker 8: You know, I think.
Speaker 2: I remember when they slam around the table, They're like, mellow out or we're going to strap you down, and I'm like on the claustrophobic side.
Speaker 8: So I mellowed out.
Speaker 2: But like, but I got the Yeah, I got the booty juice, which is like, uh, they put the needle in your in your butt cheek and then and it's like a Seda tipkinda forget the name of it was something that I was looking into doing for a tranquilizer dart foot race.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kind of productive because it is a drug as well, right right right.
Speaker 2: I mean I ended up making it a general anesthesia bike ride, but that's in the bucket list special the anesthesia bike ride. But uh but yeah, so I wake up from the nap and the fifty one to fifty loss says you can be held in a psych ward against your world for seventy.
Speaker 8: Two hours, which is three days.
Speaker 2: But due to my belligerent behavior, they changed my status to fifty two point fifty, which is two weeks. And that was the saving grace because if they only had me for three days, I would have been right back to the drug dealer. But you know, a number of different things happened over the course of my first week in the psychiatric ward, where you know, I kind of a week was long enough for me to realize, Okay, I gotta do I gotta do this.
Speaker 4: And then next week was kind of just hey, I'm ready to go, and everyone's like, sure.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I was seventh. I think I was on the seventh day in the psych word, and I was like, all right, I gotta do this. But to your point, you know, how do you know that you're humiliated when you're that loaded. I didn't, you know, I didn't I recognize that I had to do this. But my best thinking at that point, what gave me the willingness to go to rehab was that, man, if I get so I'm thinking, if I get clean and sober, the world is kind of oh me, man, you know, I'm gonna be I'm gonna I'm gonna be h I'm gonna do a lot of good man, I'm gonna be like, my career is gonna go, you know, I'm gonna like, I'm just thinking I'm gonna get all this stuff out of it, like power and property and prestige, that the world is gonna shower me with cash and prizes if.
Speaker 8: I am noble enough to get sober.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like.
Speaker 8: And that the thing whatever it takes to get you in there and become willing.
Speaker 2: But what it was that that actually revealed how humiliated I was was this twelve step stuff, you know, like this twelve steps up where we do like an inventory about everything that bothers us, resentments, fears, you know, harmed on other's guilt and and and and we like break down each thing in this inventory to identify what our part is, and uh, you know how we created the problem, you know, how we're responsible for the mess and where can we take accountability? Where can we And it was like once I saw my part and that I was the reason for everything that was messed up in my life, like that's where the humiliation kicked in, and that's where the motivation to be sober went from all the cash and prizes I was going to get to I.
Speaker 8: Just don't want to be that douchebag anymore, you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: I do not want to be that guy anymore and h and I started doing it for myself for the right reasons, and thank God, because there are no cash and prizes for just.
Speaker 8: Getting clean and sober.
Speaker 2: Like it was years that nobody gave a rat ass if I got clean, clean and sober. Now, like people think it's kind of cool, like, oh man, the way Steabo turns life around. But in the absence of productivity and giving people a reason to even contemplate my existence, nobody cares about cleaning sober.
Speaker 4: Because you could have just really sat around in this nice house and like, I'll fuck off, get fat and whatever.
Speaker 3: I'll skateboard on my cool ass ramp downstairs.
Speaker 2: This house didn't come along until twenty fourteen. I got sober in twenty I got sober in two thousand and eight. Yeah, I bought this house in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: So you did Jackass three?
Speaker 8: Comedy paid for this house?
Speaker 2: Dudu comedy comedy clubs paid for this house?
Speaker 4: Did you do Jackass three and four sober or just yeah, both three and four. So when you're first off, there's got I want to just I'll say one point about that. The last things we just talked about, like having the fear and anxiety of all the things you've done to the other people us be a horrible feeling, But on the flip side, what an incredible feeling it is to see all the things that have happened to you in your life, realizing it's you, and realizing how in control of your life you actually are. That is got to be one of the beautiful, most beautiful yin yangs you probably experienced throughout that process.
Speaker 8: It really takes a lot of.
Speaker 2: Of what am I trying to say, It gives me a lot of control. If you just look at your own side of the street, and if you just worry about what you can control, if you acknowledge that you cannot control other people places and things, and stop blaming other people places and things, and take responsibility for your own situation, that's it. I mean for Bam, that's his number one crux of his whole thing is that is that it's everybody else.
Speaker 8: It's never his fault, it's every's.
Speaker 2: He's just blaming everything on every It's knocks Mill and Tremaine and the bone spurs and you know, and Nikki and she drives me to drink, and it's everybody but Bam and and I really really, like I said, it's never too late. It's not too late for BAM. It's never too late. Like and if if just like a it would be like flipping a switch, It would be that simple as flipping a switch. If BAM could just like take accountability, you know, just stop blaming everybody else, you know, looking at your own side of the.
Speaker 8: Street, do the inventory work.
Speaker 4: Is the BAM thing as heavy on your heart as it seems sitting here with you for this past thirty minutes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's pretty gnarly, man.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's one of your closest friends for so long.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 2: He's family. No, and uh, it's crazy. It's just it's gotten to a really really serious level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially when you get into your filming back as four and I don't know all the details with him essentially not being able to be part of it.
Speaker 2: When Jackus four came up, I thought, wow, it's crazy Knox wants to do another Jackass movie. But like I'd been saying, like, you know, the BAM's not in a place where we can really do that. I was thinking that, you know, and they were like, oh, well, I think they viewed it as like as a kind of a last attempt to help Bam. It's like, all right, we're gonna we'll make a movie and if they'll give him the chance, yeah, Like and that's how gnarly the the disease of alcoholism is. It's so gnarly that you can give somebody like a guarantee of millions of dollars and even that it's not enough to get not enough.
Speaker 4: It's over sitting pissing a cup when you were when you were working through your sobriety and you go from jackass two, you're loaded, jackass three? Comes were there fears in your head or insecurities? Are like to be able to do X, Y and Z the way I used to? How'd you get how'd you get over that fear?
Speaker 3: Just diving in? Like it seems like you're doing everything? Or was there a dip in the toe here and there?
Speaker 2: I Uh, I had some doubts about whether I haven't had it in me, but like once I was, once I was in like it.
Speaker 8: It's just so important to me, Like it became like.
Speaker 2: A real thing that I wanted to prove that sobriety didn't turn me into a pussy, even though on some level it did because at that time, I was like I was newly vegan. I was like newly like exercising, like really really careful about what I ate, and and like I was just I wasn't killing myself anymore.
Speaker 8: It was in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: It was a gnarally gnarly time to go from like sure that I would be dead in short order, and I never expected to live very long in the first place. So like the whole first you know, decade of my career, like if you count it started as a clown, Like I never it never occurred to me once to invest anything, to save anything to like because I had nothing to save for it, because I was so convinced that I was going to die young. Like that was the almost the whole point of being STEVEO.
Speaker 8: Was too die young.
Speaker 2: So then along comes two thousand and eight, where in March I have this intervention. Now I'm like, you know, I'm doing the inventory work, I'm taking accountability, I'm seeing if I'm really on fire for recovery, and now I'm not killing myself anymore. It's important to me to conduct myself in a way that you know, the the works for recovery, which means now, like for the first time ever, it's striking me, holy crap, I might actually not die like really young, Like I might be staring down the barrel of like many more decades of life on this earth.
Speaker 10: Like and.
Speaker 2: As I'm realizing that I don't even know if I can like even continue this career in the entertainment industry, because everything they're telling me about recovery is that you have to deflate your ego. You've got to practice spiritual principles in all of your affairs, Like you gotta do the right thing.
Speaker 8: When nobody's watching. You got to like, you know, none of that seemed to.
Speaker 2: Like fit with being Stevo from Jackass. So it called into question everything that I had ever done professionally, Like I didn't know, like how am I going to deflate the ego and be in be an entertainer, you know, like mutually exclusive concepts. So I didn't know. And going back to the point about maybe life would be boring, like I wanted so badly to not hate myself and to not be humiliated that like even if like that's how it's got to be, Like recovery is your number one priority, so like I didn't even know if my earnings potential existed anymore, and now I might be alive for many more decades. And then comes September two thousand and eight, and what savings I did have are decimated.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also good and bad thing because you weren't saving very much anyway, right, so you really take much of a hit.
Speaker 3: That's a positive.
Speaker 2: I paid zero attention. Like I had a business manager, I had my dad.
Speaker 8: It wasn't broke, but I just never looked I never even looked at anything, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think, uh, I think that like at the time I got sober, I had like three million bucks, and after two thousand and eight, I was like barely a million. After the financial crisis, Like it was like more than a half of what I had was gone, as well as potentially my earnings potential as.
Speaker 3: You know, as like it was it was a crossroads.
Speaker 8: Pretty creepy time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so when when Jack Gass three came along, it's not like I was gonna not do it, you know. And and uh, in between getting sober and Jackass three d I dipped my toe in the water by doing Dancing with the Stars, just to see if.
Speaker 8: Like you I hated it.
Speaker 2: I hated it, and uh yeah, I hated it.
Speaker 8: It made me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Made sense to do it because like I didn't have to be crazy, I didn't have to take risks, Like I could rehearse right down the street and it would get me in front of the camera. So I could just determine if that even made sense in sobriety. And what I didn't factor into my decision to do Dancing with the Stars was like being in front of twenty million viewers. It was at that time TV was still a thing, you know, Like at that time, you couldn't watch video on a cell phone. I don't think, you know, Like at that time, twenty million people were watching Dancing with the Stars, and I was palpably uncomfortable, like and I remember like it was like more of a test for my sobriety than it needed to be.
Speaker 8: I reached out to some people in recovery and I was like, I'm not okay.
Speaker 2: I'm not okay, And I was told, all right, sometimes you're not gonna be okay. That's just how it is. But when things are not okay, the one thing that will always help is to conduct yourself as a gentleman to do the right thing, because even when like, uh, nothing feels good, at least you'll have that to feel good about.
Speaker 3: A gentleman.
Speaker 2: Right. And and then jack Guys three came along, and it's like, all right, I'm not going to turn down like the only the third good job I've ever been offered, you know, and uh and and I went into that like I care about my health and my well being, and you know, so I made a rule, like I laid down the rule that, like, guys, I've survived enough at this point that I just don't have a sense of humor for dying or becoming paralyzed over.
Speaker 8: A stupid stunt.
Speaker 2: But if like evident risk of paralys or death is not part of the equation, I will.
Speaker 3: Not back out of anything that's that's scary.
Speaker 2: It's it's pretty remarkable how much that actually takes off the table. But I got through that whole Jackass.
Speaker 8: Three without compromising on my my rules.
Speaker 2: I didn't make it through like a week of Jackass four without breaking those rules.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, and Jackass three, before you get the Jackass four, what was the scariest thing for you that you had to do?
Speaker 2: You know, like I've been. The most anxiety I remember having going into a bit was the stupid electric.
Speaker 8: Avenue with the.
Speaker 2: Mayeah with the I don't even matter.
Speaker 8: I don't think it was a hotel.
Speaker 2: I think it was like just the Jackass offices, but it was a.
Speaker 8: Little halloway with like a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Stun guns dangling like cattle prods dangling, and it was just like I didn't want to do it, man.
Speaker 8: Like my my, uh, you know, my instincts really wanted me to not do that.
Speaker 2: And I remember saying, like, I feel like I'm gonna pass out of so much anxiety, but like, uh but I muscled throw it.
Speaker 3: Ripped over there and did it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like yeah, I was gung ho.
Speaker 2: And the other thing too about like being creative, Like I don't think that there was one single idea I wrote for Jackass number two.
Speaker 8: That even got filmed.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I was like I was a mess, dude. I was like, dude, I'll get a tattoo of a cigarette coming out of my lips with smoke rising up my face like that was that was that was one of the ideas.
Speaker 3: A bullet on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I mean I just didn't have and I wasn't particularly brave as loaded as I was on Jackass number two, Like I wimped out on Hella Ship.
Speaker 4: It seems like you were like a big sniffing poop, like definitely always you always are. It was always a thing. Did you ever catch heat for that? Eleven year old tailor thought that was soft? I don't knowh wow, eleven year old tailor was like, oh, this guy's always thrown up. What's the deal? Why is the stomach always like this? You never caught any heat for that?
Speaker 8: Oh, like soft, because like you're like.
Speaker 3: Get the weak's stomach for sense, and yeah.
Speaker 8: Man, it never it never occurred to me that.
Speaker 2: That that that was. I mean maybe if like that's my go to instead of gnarly like stand in front of a bowl, like I get that being soft, but soft because now, like what it was is just having a really vivid and powerful imagination such that I am a terrible premature ejaculator. If I find something sexy and if I find something gross, like it's just like, yeah, like all I need is just the idea of something being gross, and I'm basically already borrow Yeah. Less so less so in recent years than in the past.
Speaker 8: But yeah, that's just what it was like.
Speaker 2: I never felt soft because I was such a hair trigger on barfing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm genuinely resentful at the Guinness Book of World Records for not acknowledging my undeniable world record for having barfed on screen in both television and film far more than anybody.
Speaker 3: They hadn't recognized you at all.
Speaker 2: No, They've snubbed me year after year, and I'm sick of it. I know, I mean, dude, like, it could not be more demonstrable. Every time somebody barfs in television or film, it is so obviously fake. They put something in their mouth and they just spit it. And when I barred on television and film, it is clearly real and nobody has come near. I mean retroactively.
Speaker 8: I really demand justice.
Speaker 3: This is the platform for that to happen.
Speaker 5: More.
Speaker 3: People will definitely say something.
Speaker 8: Yeah they will, And I'm not even asking a lot.
Speaker 2: I could, I could, I could have a scroll with a hundred world records, but I'm only going for the most absolutely rock solid, demonstrable and undeniable and impressive world record.
Speaker 4: Maybe your piece also being extreme, No, your peace, you Genitalia, He's got me by a mile. He always had a nice little elephant wrapped around or something like that, A nice little banana hammock. Now has got you on that, I think.
Speaker 2: Pontius, I mean especially after Jack I was four with that opening sequence.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's so funny that I was like, what are they doing?
Speaker 2: It might have done a little bit more harm than good, though, because I think a lot of a lot of algorithm, a lot of them, a lot of males are not quite as comfortable with their sexuality as we are. And you hit them with that much dong that quick, a lot of males are gonna kinda like you look.
Speaker 4: At it and you just you're sitting there wondering what the fuck's going on? Like why is there a military? And then you see the penis and you're like, we're fucking back boys. Jack gasses back, like the fans are like, yes, I need a good piece in our life.
Speaker 2: I've read more as like kind of like huking a stick at a bunch of seagulls.
Speaker 8: A lot of them are flying away.
Speaker 3: A lot of them.
Speaker 4: What's what's this thing going on? What's going on around here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: You said, Jacks too, You didn't all the things you did right, didn't happen? Jack Guss three creatively?
Speaker 3: How yeah? Hell yeah yeah? How prow much proud had you take in that?
Speaker 2: I loved it?
Speaker 8: Man, I loved it because.
Speaker 2: Number one, I was able to like it down in a in a writing session with Knoxville, you know, because like the sober version that was about two years sober at that time, and already like my relationships with the other Jackass guys were just a lot more.
Speaker 8: They benefited from a lot like like me wasted on coke and like I was just like it was just too much nobody.
Speaker 2: To say. People could only handle me in small doses, just putting it mildly, you know it was.
Speaker 8: It really really helped all of.
Speaker 2: My relationships to be sober and accountable and like you know, kind of focused. And so I would sit down with Knoxville and uh, you know, I know all the guys and and write ideas. I remember, like the cover of the three point five DVD with the mentos and soda war.
Speaker 8: I came up with that one. Like I don't know, I wrote a lot of ideas that that that all happened.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: One thing you guys did that was like a genius idea of going from three to four is introducing new members like that has given you, guys the ability to allow that to kind of live on past what you after you're done doing this too, you say you'll do this and one more and than after that.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you seem like, as I'm presenting that question to you that there's some mixed reviews on how you feel about that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that everybody, Uh, you know, I don't know that everybody felt that the new cast was a hit. I know that that the the OG cast when the idea of bringing in new blood, younger, fresh air faces like the O G Cast was not stoked about that, you know, like telling a bunch of attention wres that now they're going to share.
Speaker 4: The share the stage with younger guys well that do whatever they can on a platform that's already established, right, and.
Speaker 3: And that was just a.
Speaker 2: Something that they felt super duper strongly about that. The powers that Be being Knoxville, Jeff Tremaine and Spike Jones, those guys are the three creators, the powers that be, and I get it. I think that they were they were right, you know, we needed uh some some help lifting you know, like I think that if I'm conflicted about it, the idea of.
Speaker 8: I mean, for me, like my biggest fear in.
Speaker 2: The world is like to be famous and broke, you know, like and uh, you know, I'm not by any means like trying trying to be judgment taller or or negative. I just I'm very sensitive to the idea of giving putting people on a on a platform like that and giving them, you know, and they're just not not being compensated, you know. So you're making them like principal cast members and a bonafide like maybe not blockbuster but legit Hollywood franchise.
Speaker 4: Huge fan base. People are going to know it's going to make money, right and.
Speaker 2: Like and and their compensation isn't there, you know. So like then add on top of that that you've been writing their ideas for them, you know, like like do we know that they have the the ability to manage that level of opportunity that you're handing.
Speaker 8: Them, you know, Like.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just it's you know, you know, like it's a really really dark way to put it. But like I sure wasn't a fan of that bum Fights thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is, like it seems like a like a long play.
Speaker 8: Is I already feel bad for saying that?
Speaker 4: No, speaking, just talking about a fear that's crossing into your mind is nothing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, like I do, I love I love the new guys.
Speaker 2: And with that said, like I have that sensitivity, and I've done like everything that I can to try to help them, you know, like with like developing YouTube videos, like the ideas, like merch designs, like websites.
Speaker 3: Like god, you know, you have a big rain on all of that.
Speaker 4: You do a great job and take every opportunity to promote all that stuff, which is what you gotta do with these How long after when you heard I don't know who told you, if you if you even want to say, hey, we're going to add new blood to this cast, how long did that resistance go to cooperation.
Speaker 8: Resistance was futile, it was going to happen.
Speaker 4: How long were you like look mad about it until you were like, all right, I mean.
Speaker 2: Nobody was going to turn down a movie deal, and like so everybody was in and there was going to be a new cast. So whether we liked it or not, it was gonna happen. And I would say that that the sentiment changed just on the very first day of filming, like like the you know, all the new cast members just brought good energy. They were just so visibly stoked to be there, Like it was impossible. As much as we wanted to not like them, it was impossible to not love.
Speaker 8: Them right away.
Speaker 2: And you know, between all of us, the chemistry was you know, it's like we never stopped shooting, Like, you know, the laughs were there, the energy was there.
Speaker 3: For sure. How much did you feel the absence of Ben Marjora during that whole thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, he was there for the first week, like we managed to film for one week. He was only there at the tail end of that week. I think he shot maybe like two days, and then at the end he shot the last two days of the first week. And then the pandemic shut everything down. So we went into hiatus from March all the way through October, which is like what like six months or something. Thing, and Bam had these stipulations that he wasn't allowed to get loaded, but like, I don't think that was gonna happen anyway, but it definitely wasn't gonna happen, like.
Speaker 8: Being on hold for six months, you know, and and like when he.
Speaker 2: Was there for those two days, like to me, it didn't really feel like like Bam as we knew him, you know, like it was it was.
Speaker 8: A little bit of a shell of Bam.
Speaker 2: And then like during those six months of pandemic when he was fired, I was the one more than anybody campaigning to try to get him back.
Speaker 3: On the movie.
Speaker 2: I was like, guys, like, the the answer here, I don't think it's to scrub him entirely, you know, like the I think the rationale for firing him entirely was that, like he was a liability and that if he had some disaster it was going to reflect poorly on the movie and the franchise. But I'm like, guys, to be realistic, you know, like you can't make a family member not your relative. You know, like whether he's fire fired from the movie or not, you are not going to mitigate his attachment or affiliation.
Speaker 8: And we can't pretend like he never existed. And like, yes, by all.
Speaker 2: Means, penalize him for for you know, breaching his agreement with the sobriety, but don't remove don't remove him completely, just uh you know, have like, uh a lesser role like, reduce his involvement, reduced his compensation, but don't entirely remove him, because if you do that, then when we get into promoting the film, like we weren't even gonna be able to promote the film because we're gonna be dealing with questions noble Bam band, you know, like if you if you reduce his involvement, if you reduce his compensation, and anybody says anything about BAM's like, oh, well, no.
Speaker 8: He is in the movie, like next question, you know, like and then the.
Speaker 2: Other level of like dude, what are we doing to just imagine? Like, I mean, I remember how awful and how traumatized I was by the Bad Grandpa's situation where I felt like the Jackson four and that was me along with everybody else in the cast, you know, And that's how much it traumatized me.
Speaker 8: And it wasn't even a Jackass movie.
Speaker 4: Like now you're not projecting same fears, being like BAM's probably gonna feel this way and go through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, imagine what what we're doing to Bam by singling him out and he's the only one now like he's Dave Masstine, you know, like kicked out of Metallica, you know, like that that that's a heavy and gnarly thing. And I wasn't, you know, trying to projectors. But but like heaven forbid, anything really gnarly happens, like and and we did that, you know, like.
Speaker 8: So so me the sober nerd.
Speaker 2: I was the biggest, like most outspoken person campaigning on BAM's behalf to get him back in the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was trying my ass off, Like I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Was scripting texts for him to send it to the powers that Bam to try to put the appropriate words in his mouth to sway their opinion.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I was doing everything.
Speaker 8: That that I could and and it's just what you know. And and like it got to a point where we had like a zoom meeting.
Speaker 2: You know, there was like between Knoxville and Jeff Tremaine and Spike Jones, there was like like almost like a like a podium like bronze, silver, gold, like different.
Speaker 3: Levels of okay, you know, like okay for me to go the next.
Speaker 8: Of resistance BAM back on.
Speaker 2: We got to a point where all three of them we're gonna have a zoom call with Bam, and it was it was like almost just a formality of like, Okay, we're gonna give you another chance, you're coming back in and and that zoom call, Like Bam, that's the nature of alcoholism. You find the worst possible time to blow everything. Because he he no showed that zoom call, no after appearing all over social media just visibly intoxicated, like there was no question about where he'd been the night before, what shape he was in, and he did not make it onto that call. And that was that the purpose of that call was to be like, Okay, you're back, and he.
Speaker 4: Blew it no way after you put all that work in script. I did it all about my no doubt, but I putting all that working from just from watching.
Speaker 8: I was pushing for it. Man.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it did the franchise any good to make it a big thing about firing him, and and the powers that be felt that they and they're not wrong. They felt that the reason why Bam has like progressed so far in his illness is because he's never had any consequences. He's always had everybody shield him from his consequences.
Speaker 8: And you know, everything's been.
Speaker 2: Okay and for the first time they were gonna like put some teas and what they said, and then they're not wrong.
Speaker 8: They're not wrong, but it's just high stakes.
Speaker 4: Going back to the enabling and then but it also not only you stop enabling BAM, but now you're putting a whole bunch more on your y'all's plate when you're promoting this movie and the same thing happens.
Speaker 3: You just said, or where's Bam, what's going on? Bad? You don't want that to be the main storyline of Jack s Ford, right, and and and it was like when.
Speaker 2: When like every other week or whatever it was, that there's a new TMZ thing and they're here in Bam.
Speaker 8: He's like, ah, and.
Speaker 2: Then BAM sues him, like that was the most absurd lawsuit. I remember talking to him because I was I was talking, I was, I was like Switzerland and the whole deal the whole time.
Speaker 4: You know, I was the one guy that that just so wild to being the most sober guy there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like hey, this drug agg we got to keep this guy fucking in here, man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, And I remember when the last seat thing came up and I was like, Bam, you know, I'll tell you what dude, like go for the bag, you know by all means like go for the bag, but separate. And I said to you, I said, if you can actually manage to get anything out of suing.
Speaker 8: My hat is off to you because you s to have no case whatsoever.
Speaker 11: Like this is like.
Speaker 8: Everything that's wrong about.
Speaker 2: The civil lawsuit like society that we live in, where it is like it is no brainer to throw money at it to just avoid legal costs. Because like his case was pure bullshit, like demonstrably false, like it was so meritless and so factually incorrect everything that he was claiming that I cannot believe he even managed to get any kind of settlement. I can't even believe that it wasn't just dismissed with prejudice, like out.
Speaker 8: Of the gate.
Speaker 3: That's nuts. Yeah, he probably did.
Speaker 4: Sat there and he was like they'll see man when I think this franchise down.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he got like he got a hunk of change, and it wasn't like a particularly impressive chunk of change. And and as I understand it, like a whopping percentage like above what's normal, went to the lawyers, and then like what what remained the stupid asshole turned around and bought like a Bentley, Like you dumbass, why.
Speaker 6: Did you know?
Speaker 2: Like serious thing when when you have like this uh, this this this need, this like ego driven need to like keep up appearances, Like how many like when when when you're trying to keep up the appearance and you can't really like you don't have it like that, but you're but it's really important to pretend that you.
Speaker 4: Do, then you're in a really scary I come from that world with football sports athletes in general.
Speaker 2: Man, Like the documentary Broke God, that's you.
Speaker 3: Talk about biggest fears.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I stay down that barrel every day and I'm like, please, God, do not let that happen to me, you know, for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: But you see guys who come playing in the league.
Speaker 4: They're a rookie, they're undrafted, they're making like a small amount of money for the for NFL, and they're pulling up in the medleys, they're pulling up in the maybacks and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: You're like, dude, you don't need.
Speaker 2: To do this, right. I think that they like brought in, uh some kind of like regulatory system where you have to like have some kind of financial education.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean not with the NFL.
Speaker 4: I think with all of this all nil stuff, and I don't know how much you know about that, but like the college of players now use their likeness and there needs to be something this kif him USC kayleb Williams. He's making three million dollars this year as a college athlete, and there needs to be something put in the put in there where it's like, this is how you diverse fire portfolio. This is where you handle this, like give him the basics.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, like that. We don't need to totally get sidetracked here. But if you're only a college athlete, presumably you're early enough in your career and you're if you're making that kind of money as a college athlete, it's probably a pretty safe bet that.
Speaker 8: You're gonna go pro.
Speaker 2: So you can do what Lebron did where you learn from your mistakes early and then by the time you're you're in the pros, you've already had your growing pains and that's.
Speaker 3: A phenomenal point.
Speaker 4: However, Lebron, Yeah, and you kind of sit there and you're like, he goes out and I hope this does not happen, gets injured, career in the injury, something happens that three dollars is all you've gotten out the NFL. The average in the NFL is two years. And if you're and everything, really the average average NFL player plays for two years and you don't, and eighty percent of them go broke ye even crazier, and that money's even bigger than the NFL. So you get this kid who has three million dollars, I would just say, put him in a situation where he.
Speaker 3: Knows the basics. Do the do the three dollar rule.
Speaker 4: One dollar goes to paint taxes, one dollar goes to your house, one all goes what you want.
Speaker 3: You're good.
Speaker 2: Make him watch Billy Corbin's documentary entitled Broke Yes.
Speaker 4: It's heavy thing, especially because football is such a wild world where dudes come from all over different demographics and everything and morge k and other spaces. So it is one of those deals where you hope it all works out, but you need to get these guys a little bit of guns. If would have gave me three million dollars in college, first off, half of it would have gone up my nose and I would have been fucking going crazy. I would probably I probably would have died. There was no way I would have been able to handle that situation. But yeah, we did get a little sit charted. This is not about me or football.
Speaker 8: That's all good.
Speaker 2: And I mean, like, at the end of the day, this is really scary what's going on. Like I'm not saying that the powers that did anything wrong, I like their their heart was in the right place. And for all of BAM's crazy accusations about how they screwed me and this, like, uh, like nobody has and unilaterally, not one person has wanted anything for Bam but the best for him, happy and healthy, And everybody's got a different approach to how they think that they're gonna help Bam become happy and healthy. And not one of these people can do ship because it's.
Speaker 8: Up to Bam.
Speaker 4: It is is one of those things you you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Speaker 3: One person.
Speaker 4: You've brought up a lot in this and I basically started the show with giving flowers to Johnny Knoxville.
Speaker 3: Where do you think this franchise would be if it wasn't for Johnny?
Speaker 4: Because you hear about the MTV and he says, well, fuck you guys, I'm not losing the integrity of the show.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 4: It gets you guys a movie deal and essentially turns jack Us into what it is today. Like how pivotable was that man this whole entire process.
Speaker 2: That's why I call him the Captain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I really really revere him. And uh, you know as the.
Speaker 2: You know, Johnny Knoxville and Jeff Tremaine and Spike Jones. It's really like the dynamic for me, Like Johnny Knoxville is like the older brother who can do no wrong.
Speaker 8: Like he's just like the older brother that that you worship and you want to like, you know, you just look up to him.
Speaker 2: And Jeff Tremaine is like the father figure you just want to make proud, like, you know, like the most important thing, like make him proud. And then Spike Jones is like, you know, it's embarrassing to say, but like he's got this like deity quite you know, like he's like beyond father. He's like, like I got a holiness to him. Where like like all three of them put together are absolutely the three people who it means the most to me to try to impress, you know, like praise from them means like all three of them are like incredibly receptive too, and supportive of every little YouTube video, like book, like comedy special everything that I do. Uh, they hear about like I'm pretty persistent, like with you know, sharing my press. Yeah, you know, and they've just all been so supportive of me. And I think that, you know, I think that I can comfortably say that they're all like quite impressed with what I've managed to accomplish, and I'm profoundly grateful for that.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. Do we want to hear hit some tear talk with mister Steve O.
Speaker 2: Cool, let me take a leak and that's the perfect time.
Speaker 4: So we do segments on our show and it's one of them is called tier talking. As you're in the best that we were talking about what we should do for tier talk. I feel like the best thing to do is best character stunts. And you're gonna give us your top three. Okay, bro, all the Jackass movies, all the stuff could have been something that like didn't make the cut, dude, I well, yeah, I start, I started three.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 2: I made a YouTube video at one point called uh my top ten favorite Jackass bits.
Speaker 8: Which I was not in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: It got a strike for my channel on YouTube. Hell yes, because it didn't occur to me that there would be a problem with me saying, uh, let me show you what.
Speaker 8: Wasn't allowed on Jackass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like.
Speaker 8: I went and uh.
Speaker 2: Showed some stuff that you know what I mean by by the virtue of me saying this was not allowed on TV, Like it's like, well then why the fuck would it be allowed on YouTube?
Speaker 8: You know, like and so yeah, I caught a strike for that, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 8: Am I going with per cast member.
Speaker 3: I think you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: My thought is your top three of like whoever could be you could be somebody else top three stunts.
Speaker 2: Okay with uh? With Jackass, there's like very distinct lanes.
Speaker 8: You know, there's like.
Speaker 2: Painful, there's dangerous, there's gross, and there's.
Speaker 8: Like just sort of absurd, you know, like.
Speaker 2: And uh, I think it's been very masterful, like how you know you can't stay in one lane for too long, gotta change, you know, like just the the strategic order.
Speaker 8: You know, and like whatever is like super gross like.
Speaker 2: They you know would on the TV show particularly like uh, make that the final bit. You know you're gonna lose a lot of the female audience if it's so gross, you know, So there's like a lot of true strategy. And I mentioned that because what I thought was so genius. I mean, yeah, I would have landed in the prank lane, you know, like it's the lane is in pranks. But it was just so unique and unsung was Knoxville's taxidermy bit. There was a hidden camera prank where Knoxville went into to a number of taxidermy businesses with this elderly woman who he named Dottie Dorothy. And Dorothy's supposed to be like ninety years old, and she looks every bit of it. And Knoxill goes in and you know, the taxidermy all the animals are all over the place, and he says, hey, this is my grandma, Dottie, and uh, you know, sadly she doesn't have much longer with us, and we're just here to inquire if she could be stuffed and mounted, like Kenny, you stuff and mount my grandma who's standing right next to me, Oh my god, lie and and can you And it was just so genius, man, and like, uh, you know, one place said like I don't even think that would be legal, but you know, but but definitely, I don't even know how we would.
Speaker 8: Cure the skin, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going into it like then and and then there was he actually got a quote, he actually got a quote. They're like, I don't know, like off the record, I think like twenty gesus, like.
Speaker 8: You know, like she's standing right there.
Speaker 2: Like to me, that was the most genius like genius bit, Like it was just like everything in the lanes like all kind of like if you stay in one lane too long, everything starts feeling like very similar, and like there's no number of pranks he could put back to back where that wouldn't stand out as like that is so funny, genius and unique, like so I think taxidermy is up there certainly for the prank. I mean, there were some good ass pranks, like the all the fake baby ones were really good. And credit to Dave England for starting off the fake baby phenomena. You know, he started it with daddy and baby and the fake baby was on the the bicycle seat on the back and he would crash the bicycle and then they just kind of took that and ran with it.
Speaker 8: They did a million fake baby ones.
Speaker 2: But as good as they were, they weren't just like man that taxidermy. I think that's my favorite prank of all time.
Speaker 8: As far as like.
Speaker 2: The stunt, I mean, Dave England, man, I I'm gonna give Dave England credit for being just so goddamn creative man, like he always he just thinks in a way that other people don't think he had, like skateboarding in like a rolling you know, full pie if that's going down the hill, like rollerblading on a skate like. He just just this.
Speaker 8: Quirky stuff, you know. I love all that.
Speaker 2: And then Knoxill's of course the gnarliest, not everything knox always did because the Naxio is the one guy who didn't grow up skateboarding.
Speaker 8: So we all grew up skateboarding for the.
Speaker 2: Most part, which means we'd spent our, like all of our growing up, like learning how to fall down.
Speaker 8: You know, you fall up a skateboard, you kind of figure out like how to land.
Speaker 2: Knox Shaw had none of that. So whenever Knoxville falls, he has no idea how to land, and it's the worst, most devastating slam some of those bulls. Man, That's why Knoxville I considered to be the most exciting professional skateboarder.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and with the bulls man, Like I don't know, Like like I said it in the fourth Jackass movie, Like, at no point, even when life was worth the least to me, when I valued my own life the least, you couldn't get me in front of goddamn bull.
Speaker 4: Why why was he doing that? Why did he go and get on the bull because he's done it before, literally said there's only a fine more concussions you can take.
Speaker 3: Brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was. Yeah, I think he's finally done with being in front of bulls, thank god.
Speaker 8: And you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just say, like, he's just a different breed man. He's uh, he's a different breed dude. And I just don't understand it. Like if you think about like Jackass was just like lightning in a bottle for so many reasons, like uh, how like just from a insurance standpoint, like I'm not even clear that the first movie was insured really, Like I mean, I'm sure it was on some level, but but there's this thing in Hollywood called a negative pickup, which means that a movie studio might fund the movie, but they're not like attached to it in any formal way. They're like, you know, that was how the first Jackass maybe was made. Was like okay, like five million dollars like and then maybe I'm maybe I'm not like being very accurate, but like my general understanding is that like five million dollars was shuttled to a ghost company, like perhaps in some untraceable man, you know, and in the the the ghost company like produces the film and you know, the first like it wraps nobody's dead. And then in a very formal sense, Paramount Pictures, the movie studio finds out about this existing movie for the first time. They say, oh wow, this is great. We're just finding out about this movie. Now we would like to buy it. You know, it's a negative pickup, meaning they purchase it after it's been filmed.
Speaker 8: And uh, you know, yeah, I think now you would have to talk to.
Speaker 2: An entertainment lawyer to find out if anything that I just said is even remotely true. But uh, you scrap allegedly to that whole theory. But yeah, it's like that's just the level of liability now.
Speaker 8: Certainly, like the last movies were like.
Speaker 2: You know, like insurance crazy, like you know they they really did the last movies like uh, like I believe very different leaf from that. But regardless, when you're dealing with ensuring a movie, when you're dealing with uh, you know, you're leading man in your major like theatrical box office production. Like not only does Knox will not have a stunt double, He's the one taking the biggest risks. It's like taking Tom Brady and like, you know, putting him like in in the most no no line, Like Tom, you know you're gonna go out there. We're just gonna You're not gonna have an offensive line for this game.
Speaker 3: Just go out there.
Speaker 2: Hey, nobody needs no snap, You're just gonna just start holding the ball, Like I mean, it's crazy, dude, So that I mean unprecedented. It's unprecedented to have a leading man in a Hollywood movie like take risks like that. It's like it it goes on and on and on about how just lightning in a bottle it is and nothing like that ever happened before, and nothing like that I don't think could ever happen again. Now, sure, I gotta acknowledge that with with the action sports, there's risks of me taken like like people are dying like on a fairly regular basis. Like somebody should look at the action sports industry and really question, like what's going on over here.
Speaker 3: You know, while it's a wild industry.
Speaker 4: Travis Pastrana, who like seems like he just is the king of all that, right, and all those guys, there's been so many dudes in that nitro circus world that's passed away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really really scary, and uh, in order to be like relevant.
Speaker 8: Or or you know, like you have to.
Speaker 2: It's like this goddamn movie on Netflix, The Deepest Breath, where these chicks are are competing for who can free dive on one breath the farthest, and like they have to.
Speaker 8: Break the record every time.
Speaker 2: So they're they're literally like at one hundred and three meters below the water on one single breath, and for their record to count, for their dive to count, they have to re emerge conscious. They doesn't even count when they're like they're like me passing out on nitrous oxide when they get to the water. It's the most disturbing, shocking, fucking upsetting thing. And they have to be conscious and they have to be able to look at the judge and be like I'm okay, my god, and then they get the white card. You win, like, dude, people are dying like.
Speaker 8: A documentary film, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then as soon as it ends, the one that that they pops up, it's the trailer for the next thing they feed you is like the fucking free diving documentary about the assholes. You go through the hole in the ice and they have to make it to the other hole.
Speaker 6: It's like.
Speaker 8: Neither.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now they're there. They're hypothermia plus fucking like no like free, no breathing breath. I mean, dude, like that. The world we live in is it's really really crazy and like where.
Speaker 4: That example gives me no doubt that this is gonna be on Netflix. You're special.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It is it is Chappelle meets uh like stunts.
Speaker 3: It's is that good? Like that?
Speaker 4: That's seven minutes when you're able to show us you went to the bathroom. We said, they're like, we would all watch that.
Speaker 8: It's it's I'm gonna tell you, it's goddamn good.
Speaker 2: Like I've worked on that show for five fucking years man, and uh like I never stopped.
Speaker 8: Like improving it and uh yeah, and then thank you.
Speaker 2: I would love it if if it got on Netflix, not especially love it if you know the stupid writers and sag strikes that I don't understand that to be the case.
Speaker 4: I'm not as I'm not as familiar with all that, but it does seem like a bit of a deal out here in Hollywood. Before we get out of here, we obviously most of the boys and all the boys are Jackets.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have any questions for mister steveo Becky Garrett?
Speaker 7: Is there one from the original show, the TV show one stunt that just stands out above the.
Speaker 2: Rest tax Jeremy was on the TV show show. Yeah, I mean the thing about the TV show Jack asked when it came out, like the whole cast was never in one place together until we were filming the second season, so we were all like bona.
Speaker 8: Fide stars on MTV.
Speaker 2: And that really meant something back then, because that was at a time year two thousand when it came out, and it was the world of dial up modems, you know, like there was no such thing as playing video footage on the Internet like in any like real way, So you had no competition from the Internet for television and what that meant, like the media was just not fragmented the way that it is today. Like and on top of that, when Jackass came out, it was instantly the highest rated, biggest profit margin the MTV had ever had, and it was soon dethroned by the oz Borns a year or two later. But like, it had a staggering audience and it made us all like legitimate celebrities overnight and we hadn't even met each other. So like, when when each episode came on, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to see, except for I knew what I was gonna have on the show, you know, maybe like I filmed the whole first season of the Jackass TV Show in the space of five days, even though I only filmed on three of those days, and so I was privy to what I was there for when it happened in those five days. But Bam, wasn't there when I was cheating, Like none of the Cky crew, Dave England, Preston, Lacey wee Man like, So everything was as new to me when I was watching that first season when it premiered, as it was to every one of the other millions of people that was watching, and I remember just being like, it's just so impressed. I was like, especially because when the show got picked up, I was told, like to send in all the video footage that I had so that it could be licensed, acquired and included in the show, just like a lot of bam cky footage was. But when I sent in all the video footage that I had, they told me that not one clip I sent them was allowed on television because MTV was super touchy about fire, you know, because they had like fire lawsuits that were really really you know, costly to them, and they had rules over it, like if you were going to jump off something, it couldn't be over a certain height. And that was my thing, was jumping off high shit, like lighting myself on fire, and sometimes both at the same time, you know. And if I wasn't like myself on fire or jumping off high shit, then I was like compensating for that by making it really gnarly and by definition not allowed on MTV. So my first concern before we even started filming the series was, yeah, it's great that Big Brother minus the skateboarding is gonna be on MTV, But what kind of a watered down, pussified version of it is.
Speaker 8: It gonna be?
Speaker 2: Like what are they gonna let us do? Like I send it on my footage, nothing's allowed on TV. And then when the episodes came on, I was like, oh, okay, all right, Like they really got very nimble at like working within the rules, the confines, you know, like and I just remember being like, God, damn, I'm part of something cool like fly, Like.
Speaker 8: I was just like a fan of the show and on the show, you know, so like.
Speaker 2: When you see what was my favorite bit from the TV show, Like I remember like Mexican snowboarding or whatever, like uh, you know, which probably wouldn't fly today, you know. Just everything was so goddamn rad And how Knoxville had like his broken ankle for the whole like they just like it just felt like, uh, particularly with Knoxville's broken ankle, it felt like, uh, like a continuous stream, you know, and like the failures like making the cut and it's like, oh yeah, like just taking failure and stride. Like probably the most impressed I was like when Knoxviell actually broke his ankle. You got Pawtius dressed up as Bunny the lifeguard, and uh and Knoxville does the thing breaks his ankle, and and Ponnie's like it's like Johnny Knoxville, best rollerblader, the best roller skater in the whole best roller skater in the world, maybe in the whole town, you know, something like just like just ship like that that Pontius would say, it was so so funny, like and and and and and even more so with Brandon d. Camillo, who is who is everything?
Speaker 8: Everything that ever came out of Brandon D.
Speaker 2: Camillo's mouth is my favorite of every Like he was more talented than all of us put together. I would I would like if not all of us, like damn near all.
Speaker 3: Of us put together.
Speaker 2: That's and I was seething with jealousy, just like with d. Camillo and Pontius, how they didn't have to risk anything. They didn't have to they didn't have to have any like physicality, they didn't have to be in any pain, they didn't have to take any risks. They could just make nothing into gold, you know, like they're just there's those two guys just they're not like natural talent never came to me, you know, like like my attention seeking like was all you know, I'm like pure hustle, you know, a pure.
Speaker 3: Hustle grinding for that next thing.
Speaker 4: When you were doing the first season and you don't know any of these guys in the second season, you guys are all put together. Who were you most excited to me at that point? And who did you gravitate towards the fast?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: I mean this is the interesting part is that like that first season, like my total money earned was after taxes less than fifteen dollars, no shit for the entire season.
Speaker 3: A lot of risk, no reward.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And uh, I mean like like I.
Speaker 2: Made a YouTube video called why I was broke when Jackass started or whatever like that that gets all into that. But I was working in a circus at a flea market when it started, and I told those circus owners that when that there was gonna be an MTV crew coming, that I was going to be famous, that I had to go film for five days, but that I would be back. And uh and just like I said, on the precise of the day I said, the MTV crew came and the circus owners were like very very touchy because there were animal rights people crawling all over the place because they had three elephants, and and like they ended up getting shut down like for the like animal and stuff.
Speaker 8: But like when the.
Speaker 2: MTV crew came in Knoxville and Tramin and the circus owners says, like, why are these assholes here filming my elephants?
Speaker 8: You know, like that's just the hot button thing you do not do.
Speaker 2: And and I said, like I told you that they were gonna come, and it's MTV. They're not gonna like give you you know, They're not gonna do anything where you can sue them.
Speaker 8: But that was just too much.
Speaker 2: And when I came back from the five days of filming having been bitten by a shark, like just just completely sleep deprived, drinking all night, like just I come in to the circus and they're like, man, we don't have it in the budget, like we gotta let you go.
Speaker 8: And it was one hundred percent because the elephant's been filmed.
Speaker 2: But now I'm unemployed, and I'm now I'm unemployed, and I'm a cocaine addict and I don't have any money, and my sister kicks me out of the house I'm living with my sisters. Now I'm homeless, and then like the show comes out and I'm broke, unemployed, homeless, cocaine addicted, and like a star on the biggest show in the history of MTV. No, Like, can I have a photo with you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Can I sleep on your sofa?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's when it was like, so I had nothing, I had nothing, and I was homeless and I was on and I was like and uh And dude, Bam had everything. He had built in revenue streams. He was selling more skateboards than Tony Hawk. Bam Marjara holds the world record for selling more skateboards than any human that's ever lived. And I believe that it's like to an exponential like to the power of like three or ten or something more more.
Speaker 8: Than Tony Hawk.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody will ever catch up to Bammar Jerffer having sold the most skateboards.
Speaker 8: I think that's a bona fide legit.
Speaker 2: Are you googling it?
Speaker 8: Dad?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? It's gonna come up right now that like he sold more fucking skateboards than anybody in history. He was out selling Tony Hawk, like by a lot. You know, as soon as Jackass came out, he.
Speaker 8: Was in then he was in the Jackass.
Speaker 2: He was in Tony Hawk's pro Skater and that money came in from that was outrageous, Like and he had his shoes hit it and runny coming in from every direction that you could possibly face.
Speaker 8: I had nothing.
Speaker 4: You're looking at one of your co stars and you're like, did you literally have everything?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I mean and and uh, I.
Speaker 2: Remember too because the show was already out and I hadn't seen c K y two K, and I saw it and I was like, my buddy's making a porno in his bedroom. He's literally filming.
Speaker 4: Himself, like and uh, his own personal collection.
Speaker 8: He's for his own personal home video.
Speaker 3: It's always good to have those in the arsenal Right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like vagrant homeless, you know, I'm watching c KY two K on a VHS tape and and I will by the way, we're all on liquid acid, Like we're literally put droplets of liquid acid in our mouth.
Speaker 8: We're tripping our faces off.
Speaker 2: While he's filming himself in the bedroom, and I'm watching c K Y two K, and I see Bam jump off of the six floor balcony. Into a swimming pool and I'm just so jealous, like he's like it was that was so rad and I go and I demand my buddy like stop, come on, we gotta go. I'm fucking like My response to seeing Bam jump off that balcony was to go get my clown stilts and video camera and throw myself off of a bridge while walking still over the railing and everything, so that as I go off the railing, like I get like kind of the rotation of it. Yeah, I mean, you want to talk about like football and and acls. You want to go over the railing off a bridge while wearing stilts that are strapped to your knees like your acls are.
Speaker 3: In jeopardy and I'm on toward those acls.
Speaker 8: Never, no way, My knees are solid.
Speaker 3: I've never had metal lists of those knees, dude.
Speaker 2: I've I've been big on stitches, big unbroken bones, but my joints are are solid and getting. I've got maybe some hip issues and rotator cuff from my shoulder, but it's like normal wearing terror, dude.
Speaker 4: That the shoulders and the hips of the number one things, one and two things that.
Speaker 2: They're creeping up of super recent like god, yeah, it's creeping up.
Speaker 3: Super do anything like n A D or anything like that.
Speaker 8: Haven't tried na D got.
Speaker 3: To do NAD. It is truly incredible.
Speaker 2: I went to Colombian guys stem cells for degenerative disc disease in my neck.
Speaker 4: Your neck, to get an epidural for it.
Speaker 3: One time, dude, in.
Speaker 2: My bucket list show, I got an epidural foot race. Epidural foot race, well, yeah, like an epidural like fifty yard dash. They pull out the needle, some four inch needle in your spinal cavity. They injected drug called uh chloroprokine into my spinal cavity, which renders me paralyzed.
Speaker 8: While I'm in a full sprint. They plot the needle and go.
Speaker 4: Literally when you said in Jacks ran for your like, but these two things don't happen paralyzed or right?
Speaker 8: Oh dude, Like yeah, like I did life threatening ass ship.
Speaker 3: And how'd you make the fifty yards?
Speaker 2: A dude? I kept like I was in the Yeah, dude. The craziest darkest thing about that is like, once I'm down, they gotta determine how paralyzed I really am.
Speaker 3: How do they do that like Flick you feel this a lot more than Flick my does. Oh we got we're running at tape? Do you guys don't have anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think I gotta get going anyway.
Speaker 3: Okay, ten times?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine how many skateboards Tony OK's been the number one and since the eighties Bam strolls along in two thousand and since then has sold ten times the skateboards of Tony Oks. And like, I mean, dude, I can't even like you can never trust uh celebrity net worth, Like they're so wrong, Like.
Speaker 8: It's just it's it's a joke.
Speaker 2: So like whatever they think Tony Hawk's worth. I'm guessing that's a very instance where they're coming in low.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think most of the time it's like, you know, like chop in half and you're closer, but I think they're coming in low on on the birdman.
Speaker 3: What a legend we you say on the show sometimes, dude.
Speaker 2: Man, Tony's the coolest ratdest liket like for being like the foremost icon and something that's like not even a subculture, like a mainstream like Olympic sport, Like you cannot like you got Kelly Slater for surfing, You've got Sean White for snowboarding, you got Tony Hawk for skateboarding. Like these are like the undeniable, like like Coca Cola with no PEPSI, you know, Britney Spears with no Christina Aguilar, Like nobody's close to Tony Hawk and being the most famous skateboarder ever and uh, he's the most down to earth. Du We'll do like virtually, like what did you have to do something down?
Speaker 8: For sure?
Speaker 3: His documentary at HBO was unreal. It was so cool to see.
Speaker 8: It was unreal and uh like yeah, and like so inspiring man.
Speaker 2: You know, like when I was loaded, I used to, uh look at Tommy Lee and I'd be like, as long as Tommy Lee's still raging, like I got another ten years in me, you know.
Speaker 8: And then after I got sober, I got switched to like Tony Hawk. As long as Tony Hawk's getting read, I got I got another six years in me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know that's awesome. Man, dude.
Speaker 4: We can't thank you enough for opening your home to us. He's been out with us for as long as you do what our forty five hour whatever.
Speaker 2: It is a hard time for stealing my podcasting a vehicle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll do.
Speaker 4: You're welcome on anytime you want to yeaow quarter breakdown.
Speaker 2: I love it, and let me send everybody to my bucket list special like the mestivo dot com is the hub for all of my great merch.
Speaker 8: I got the wild Ride podcast books, man.
Speaker 2: Two books, and by the time this comes out, like my second book will be available signed every copy I sign. Yeah, dude, I love it. You know. I like to consider myself like I think to myself a lot of the time, what would Tony Hawk do, Like if I'm feeling like I'm gonna lash out at somebody publicly.
Speaker 3: Tony not kind of Twitter very underrated.
Speaker 4: It's his Twitter, Oh dude, hit Like he'll go into like coffee shops, but you look like, oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: 's your coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He'll relate these experiences in a way that if anybody else did that, it would be like super douchey. Like he's just like very realistic about what his life is like and in an objective way that's not even remotely like randiose or He's just like really really good at being like an ambassador and an icon and like a fucking legend and just like not even thinking it's a big deal, but like.
Speaker 8: Hey, let me share, let me share my experience in the coffee shop. Yeah you know, it's epic, dude. I'm like, I fucking love Tony hawk Man.
Speaker 4: Nothing better than one legend talking about another legend. Please subscribe, rate five stars, Steo THHD dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah. Thanks everybody,