Speaker 1: What's up, you guys. This week we have on Natalie Alcala, the founder of Fashion Mamas, the first and leading members only community for diverse mothers in creative and dynamic industries.
Speaker 2: On this week's episode, you can expect to hear her talk about how she created her international platform for like minded mamas around the world.
Speaker 1: How partying and being a mom aren't mutually exclusive, and that your past doesn't define you.
Speaker 2: Couples therapy, self sabotage in new relationships.
Speaker 1: Facing your inner child, and sding. Yeah, you're gonna have to stick around because we didn't know what the fuck that was either. And also, you guys, we just announced that we rescheduled our LA live show. It's no longer in LA. It's for everybody. Yep, it's a virtual live show, you guys. And this day your normal zoom call no no, no, no no, this is a moother fucking move v Okay. This show is about to be so fire. So if you've been wanting to come to our live show but you don't didn't live in LA, you didn't live in Atlanta, this is the time to buy your tickets. We are going to be doing the show on February thirteenth, so make sure you click the link in the details of this episode and get those tickets.
Speaker 2: Also, don't forget to click the link in the description for our full moon ceremony on January twenty eighth. That's right, join us in a virtual full moon ceremony that comes with a VIP box that's offered exclusively on Post twenty one shop dot com. Get your manifestation on y'all.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica, I'm Nila, and it's Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Happy hump Day, y'all.
Speaker 1: Happy hump Day. So, as you guys know, we are now starting off our episodes pulling a card out out of our tarot deck. So let's just get into it because it is a new moon baby in Capricorn and I'm trying to see what's it. Let's see that sound professional? Okay? We have the three of wands, three of wands, and this looks like a car. So the guy has his wands and he's his back is facing me and he's looking out into the ocean. It looks like he's looking at some ships sailing away or something. So what does it mean? Tell me what it means?
Speaker 2: Me la okay, So the upright three of wands is okay. So. While the two of lands speaks to planning for the future from a place of safety and comfort, the three of wands shows that your plans are now well underway and you are considering even more opportunities to expand your current strategy and maximize your ultimate potential. Everything is progressing steadily as expected, thanks to your solid preparation and ongoing drive. Bitch, you heard that ongoing, dry.
Speaker 1: Ongoing drive than preparing, this.
Speaker 2: Is for us, This is for all of us. The three of wands signals the many chances available to you to broaden your horizons through study, travel, business, enterprise, and learning. You're becoming more aware of the opportunities that exist for you right now, and there are still more to come. To take advantage of this potential, you must stay committed to your path and be prepared to stretch beyond your comfort zone, knowing your best hopes lie outside of your current environment. It is time to think big, big, big capital ig Consider what you can, Consider what you can to open doors to more development and self exploration. Now you know these us two bitches love some self exploration. Okay, This card encourages you to dream bigger than your limitations, accept your vision, and be confident you will achieve it.
Speaker 1: Amazing, really amazing, Wow, amazing. It sounds like a butterfly coming out of the cocoon, like you've done, You've done the work, You've done your due diligence, and now it's time to show all the fruits of your labor, like and honestly, like it's so crazy. We pulled this card on the new moon because I was reading so, you guys, the new moon is in Capricorn today and tomorrow, and I was reading about you know what this moon brings, and it's themes of death and rebirth and it's really a moon about transformation, and it kind of feels like that's what this card is talking about, Like you have the opportunity to transform if you've been putting in that work, you know. And it just feels like right on time, especially because a we are about to do our event on the twenty eighth at the full moon, and I was reading this this little blurb from this astrologer that I found on Instagram today. Her name's her instagram is Aya's Corner aa y as Corner and she's a black astrologer, and she was basically saying that new moons are usually used for manifestation, but with this I highly for this new moon right now. She highly suggests doing rituals of protection to release the things that are not serving you. And I feel like that's like, this is the perfect time right now, you guys, Like, if you guys are coming to our full moon ritual event on the twenty eighth, instead of doing a manifestation ritual tonight or manifesting tonight, think about all the things that you want to release, think about the things you need protection for, and then bring all those things with you on the twenty eighth, and let's really get that manifestation slowgoing because we have such an amazing group of people coming in. I'm so excited about I'm.
Speaker 3: Just so excited.
Speaker 2: We're about to really stir the pie and cultivate, like combine all of our witchy divine energy at this full moon ceremony led by a shaman, our favorite shaman, Jake, Shaman Sham and Jake.
Speaker 1: And he's also fine as hell excited, so I know he's fine.
Speaker 2: A yeah, if any if come for anything, come to see this fine ass and It's going to be so much fun, and I'm so excited for everybody to just get to, you know, rap elbows with other witches.
Speaker 1: And we have we just have such some Okay, we have some amazing powerful women that are going to be in there, like Bruna, she's going to do a goddess reading. We have Melanie Fiona, our Homegirl friend of the show, who is honestly my life coach. This girl, this woman is amazing. I called her the other day and I was like falling apart, and she fucking got my ass all the way together. Okay, Felicia Latour, Like, we have such an amazing group of women that really really understand what the power of manifestation and intention can do. And when you have people in a room like that, like that just adds energy to whatever it is that you're trying to manifest. So if you really want to get your manifestation on, if you've already been, if you've already been on this on this wave, kudos to you. If you are interested in trying it out, seeing what it's all about, this is the perfect time to do that. We have this amazing box that you're gonna get with all the items that you need for the event, but even more so the items you need just moving forward in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: So join us and be sure to click the link in the details of this episode to get this private link to our virtual Full Moon ceremony. Okay, so, before we go, an affirmation for protection and release. Is I happily let go of what's holding me back in life. I welcome transformation.
Speaker 1: I happily let go of what's holding me back in life. I welcome transformation. On that note, let's get into this episode with Natalie Alkala of Fashion Mama Joy or can.
Speaker 3: That's a can wine? Baby, what is it called?
Speaker 2: Love love white white wine, California and.
Speaker 4: Cheers, cheers, cheers.
Speaker 2: And we're joined by lovely Fashion Mama's founder Natalie Alcala.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking this is a long time coming. I'm really happy to have you here. Natalie. Natalie is, like Jamila said, the founder of Fashion Mamas, which is this amazing community that I found through my dear friend Nisha who's part of Fashion Mama's. And but fashion Mamas is all over the United States. You guys have got all over the world, all over the world, Australia, baby, Okay, we have some we have some listeners in Australia.
Speaker 3: In Australia a rainy pop.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know if that's.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming. You're also a mama obviously too.
Speaker 3: I'm a stan of this podcast. Thank you for having me, and of course.
Speaker 1: Tell us about your babies. How old are they?
Speaker 3: I have a six year old boy named Diego and a two year old girl named Rio.
Speaker 1: You're busy, Yeah, I'm so busy.
Speaker 3: They just keep me busy, like twenty for seven and even though I work all day, it's just they're always on my mind. So being a mother is just totally its own job. But we're somehow, some way supposed to do both all the damn time. And yeah, it's just I mean, thank God for therapy and weed and drinks, all the party favors I can get in. Honestly, Honestly, I feel you can go hard in both.
Speaker 1: I mean I was just telling Jamila that, I was like, I think it's time. You know, if you guys have been listening, then you know me, Mila are You know? We like mushrooms, and through in COVID, mushrooms have kind of been like my saving grace because I had so much. I've been I've been dealing with anxiety on and off most of my adult life. And I got to the point during at the beginning of COVID where I was like, I am gonna I need to take pills, Like I mean, I need to take something. And so I actually did take some pills XANX to be exact, and it worked. It worked like a charm. It was great.
Speaker 3: But I was like, ah, these weren't too good.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be a pill pop in XANIX having mama and and you know what, and like, no shame to moms that take I just know myself and I know that I will cross the boundaries of xanic XANIX, and so I was like, I would. I need to find another solution. And so my friend was like, we don't have you ever tried microdosing? And I've taken mushrooms, but I've never used it for that, like in like the heat of like despair and likes an anxiety attack, and it's really really helped me and.
Speaker 4: I'm not having anxiety at all.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna be using mushrooms this weekend just for pure enjoyment because I have no I have no kids this weekend they got enjoyed. But yes, party favors.
Speaker 3: They used to call me pill queen. In college, so my stepdad was a doctor and my favorite activity after school was opening his cabinet and whatever pills there were, maybe byk it in maybe who know, its a free for all, and just.
Speaker 1: Snort it right to the head.
Speaker 3: This is a fellow woman from the valley.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the valley where there's nothing to do but buck around. I saw her own the valley, and yeah, pill queen. I was proud of it. Hoover was my next six name. You can't guess why, And it's just like snort all the things I can absolutely yeah, wait, wait I'm coming, like you know, the vacuum cleaner. Oh. My specialty was definitely snorting my entire name.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm a long ass name.
Speaker 3: For some reason, no one gave me the grace of shortening the name.
Speaker 1: They were like, you said, yeah, you do me anyway. Wow.
Speaker 3: And you know it's taken me now in therapy to laugh back and be like, I'm proud of like all of the ways that I got here. But you know, at the time you're doing it to maybe fill a hole or just maybe numb whatever else is going on, or maybe just to fucking have a good time, because we're so bored at that age, and like we had supervision, but not someone around the clock with us. And I've always been like a baddie in my heart, like I just knew I was a little like that gets me going. You know, some people are just like they don't have that need for another layer of the world, seeing that other side of the world. And I go like this because I think about literally the soil coming up and just seeing what's underneath the hood. But when I've done mushrooms, when I've done all the things, I really think that people have done drugs, such as ourselves, they've just seen that other layer of the world.
Speaker 1: I agree. That's a good way I'm saying, and it's a vine that we all can share. I totally agree with that. I you know me, and we actually went to Joshua Tree, I don't know, maybe like two months ago, and that was the first time, like not the first time. It's been a while since I've used mushrooms super heavily because I like like microadosing or take small doses. When I was out there. I was like, I'm going to go all the way in. I went all the way in, and I saw I definitely peeled back a layer of the world. Both had ever gone wrong. It wasn't no, I mean not for me. Actually, yes, there's been one time when I was in college. I was in like a studio apartment with like seven people doing mushrooms in the winter New York. That's terrible, horrible. It was like we were all around away. I was like with a bunch of weird energy. I couldn't leave. It was just bad. I think even like, yeah, I don't want, I don't want, but it was it was not a good experience.
Speaker 3: I need to be in nature to do that, because you have to see like everything come to life around you, like the trees right right.
Speaker 2: There's definitely certain environments that are better than others. But I agree, I feel like.
Speaker 3: When you I don't know about you, but I don't think I can do it just in a room that's just four walls and nothing to do.
Speaker 1: I need music.
Speaker 3: I need you have to like set the seed right.
Speaker 1: For me. At least, I'm not one of those people like I like I'll take things like on the fly if I'm with people sometimes.
Speaker 3: But there's certain drugs for certain setups.
Speaker 1: But I have no problem saying no, no, I'm good. I'm not. I know I'm not in a place or around people. I really want to experience this. I might say something, I mean, thankfully. Yeah, I don't think I have an addictive personality per se.
Speaker 4: But I mean, besides weed, I guess I'm definitely addicted to.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had my share.
Speaker 2: I think I'm like a like some I can be semi addict, but I'm like, I'm so conscious enough.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, bitch, you're getting.
Speaker 1: To this is getting too like you're doing this.
Speaker 3: A little too much.
Speaker 1: Well back, full back, like your life's not getting anywhere doing this having parent Yeah do that? Oh yeah I am Oh yeah, oh you got to like be a whole mom's right, Like, no, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I'll you keep that line like I'll it on Wednesday, and it holds us account. It does because like your kid doesn't care if you're hungover the next day.
Speaker 1: Oh no, my two year old, she's.
Speaker 3: Away bright and bushy tailed at six am, so.
Speaker 1: I can go hard. Did you plan your kids or like, like, was it I mean, I know you're married. I'm just wondering if you planned because you know, because of your pre party life or what was it what was your name Pilgrims, Queen Hill, Queen Awa, Like what was the transition into you know, motherhood, and like was it planned? And had you retired pill Queen by then? That's such a good question. So in twenty thirteen is when we got.
Speaker 3: Married and we went on our honeymoon and then by New Year's we were pregnant. And just because we've been here for ten years, it sounds fast, but it was a long time. And we cried and we were crying from tears of joy and we're scared because we lived the single life you can like, the best single life you can possibly raving. We were partying. We would go to Orange, which is a city, and there's like e DC and all those things, and it was just like we really lived our best life. And everyone, all my friends would laugh, They're like, haha, imagine Natalie a mom, you know, And it was just like so not part of my brand identity that when it happened, I was just like, how is this going to go down? And it's so weird. I just feel like women are survivors through and through, Like we feel like we give us a challenge and we're like we can do it.
Speaker 1: We can do it somehow, some way, We're gonna get through.
Speaker 3: This mud and like get through it, and it is a real thing. I know it's gonna be corny, but it's just once your baby's there, it's just like, oh shit, like this is cool that they're part of me and this is our new life and they love me unconditionally, and I have something that's going to keep me responsible, hold me accountable. So I I felt like I could experiment and see if I can just grow up a little bit. Not saying that this new like I'm back. I have a two year old and I'm back, but I just felt like at that time, I was like, look sober up for nine months, Let's see if I can do this. It was the hardest thing I have to say. I have to And I have a best friend that hopefully Dina shout out, I'm gonna see her after this. She has a two month old and she was the biggest smoker of all time. She would be my husband, my husband morning and night and in between. And she's that same person and she's been sober for nine months and two months, you know, eleven months, and she's just like, girl, and I'm just like, I feel you. It's so so hard and me's.
Speaker 1: Only crackets sober, I mean so hard to be I mean honestly, because I'm I'm listening to you and I'm like, I totally understand. And then I'm like, for people that don't like, people that don't do any like these are recovery on it.
Speaker 3: I used to judge myself, I really did. And here's what I decided to tell myself is that everyone has a way that they live. Everyone has a reason to wake up every morning and if their slate is clean and they wake up with a clear head, and they're just like, I don't need a thing to run around this world, amazing and good for them. I need to function to like release some stress. I need my things and that's just the way I live. And we can go into Trump and we can go into the past, and girl, I need it. Like for me, that keeps me my engine running. And look, I'm still a productive ass person, right, you're susul. So I'm just like, that is my story, I tell myself.
Speaker 1: No, it's a true story. I agree with that. I think that everyone has their things that they need to be productive and sometimes and sometimes it's tea and sometimes it's to you know, that's mine happens to be both. Yeah, actually coffee, but you know, whatequila. And people don't really give women credit.
Speaker 2: Like I always say this, but first of all, I probably got pregnant because I was acting fucking crazy, like same, partying with my baby daddy, just staying up all night, drinking, just acting crazy. And when I got pregnant, I was so fucking scared, even though I'd fucking known him like fifteen years. But I was like, wait, I didn't get a two week notice, Like I wouldn't I want to go hard for two weeks now that I know, And I.
Speaker 1: Probably like was like am I pregnant? And am I pregnant? My periods are I'm like, let's go out.
Speaker 2: And then I took a pregnancy test, you know, But and then there's this whole and.
Speaker 3: This is why we started our podcast.
Speaker 2: This is this is it like because it's necessary that we all come together and be authentic with ourselves and with others without judging ourselves, because it gives people permission to not cast judgment and not judge themselves. But the truth of the matter is we're fucking human, and we're high, and we're young or women, and we're we have our own identities.
Speaker 3: And I think when you.
Speaker 2: Get pregnant, suddenly there's this flush of oh shit, I have to be this different type of person. You judge how you used to be, the things you've done, because now you're a mother and there's like this title. But and then there's like that first two years that we talked about that you're just congratulations coming out of and you're like trying to find out like a piece of your old self with probably like not snorting a lot of drugs and then not.
Speaker 3: None at all right now on the earth right and then alcohol.
Speaker 2: Now, and then the piece of yourself that's like catering and being an example to someone else. And it's a huge fucking transition, and men really don't have to do it immediately because you don't have to carry the fucking baby.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ten percent. I think that we should also be destigmatizing that there's a direct relation with using recreational drugs or you know, items that make you happy inside with like yes, I think You guys have talked about in a past podcast that there's certain types of type of cannabis flowers that you know, when you're not going to be productive on Indiga and you know sativa, you could be like, you know what, I could function today. And it's just like educating yourself. It's not like whatever is down to go up my nose. That was Natalie in high school early college. But I'm an adult woman and I know the things that make me happy. But what about the woman that has a prosecco every fucking day?
Speaker 1: Right? You know they have something every day and.
Speaker 3: It's just we I'm almost like, I'm glad I'm still here because I have skeletons in my closet that I'm just like, I wake up every day having to face that, having to be reminded of that. So I'm just like, we made it. We are functioning. You have a successful podcast. I have a business, and we get to do all of this too. It's almost like we want to welcome people into the world like guess what you can do both? You can do it all right. You have to be able to live with the darkness.
Speaker 2: You have to be able to embrace your the beast inside of you, like it is a it's a life lesson to like embrace the duality of it. Nobody is perfect, even if that's what they show you all the time, because you know.
Speaker 3: Not to take a dark turn. But there's stories where you can just say like, I've had enough and I almost want to be like I wish I could have covered that person in love and a joint and been like baby, that's like I promise, if you just release and not worry about people judging you, you can be set free in your mind for those hours that you're on this ride with me. And that's how I really feel, because think about how crazy even now twenty twenty is. It's enough to go insane. Yeah, we can judge or we can feel good right now. So right now, I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna be political. I'm gonna make the smart choices and take a stand and be an activist. But I'm also gonna get fucked up and numb for a me. I'll see my kids in an.
Speaker 1: Hour, right amen.
Speaker 3: Amen, A lot going on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be just and also I'm gonna get sucked up. I've got to do about home and take we got to at this point.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. I mean I think that we feel like you have to lose a part of yourself, you know, And like Jamila was saying, like there's this big transition like from being you know, the girl used to be having this baby, and then it's like, Okay, I'm doing this thing, and then when I have the baby, it's back to like the old thing again, right, And it was like, no, it's not, and like what does that look like? It's just it's confusing and it takes time. And for those listening that just have like maybe you have two year olds, like you know, we have six year olds, and I know there's pir of people that listen that have twenty year olds, you know. Like I remember, if I knew what I knew now and I'm only five years in, like I would have been so much more forgiving on myself.
Speaker 4: When I first had Iri, I was so hard on myself.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was supposed to be this certain way and like I didn't know how I was gonna I felt like my dreams, my goals, like I already was kind of like wasn't sure what I wanted to do, and then.
Speaker 4: Motherhood made me even more insecure in the beginning.
Speaker 1: The empowerment came obviously later, and I like, I absolutely think like most a lot of mothers know that feeling like that feeling of that motherhood really has empowered you and made you feel more confident in so many ways.
Speaker 4: But for me, at first, I didn't. I was like, oh my god, what am I doing.
Speaker 1: I'm not successful at anything, Like I've been acting my whole life, and I feel like I haven't had my like big break or something, and like my mom has a successful brand, but I don't know if I want to follow my mom's footsteps. My father was a pro athlete. I have all these shoes to fill. What the fuck am I going to do? What am I doing? Am I good at anything? Like I don't know. I have a baby daddy who's like, you know, he's getting a lot of attention, and like maybe I should just support him because he's really good at it, you know. And like I started to lose myself and not really know who I was and who I am, and like it's just like you get to that point and like we are we're a tribute to that like that you can do that, you find that and like for you, like I don't know, Like I look at the community that you've built and like I'm in all of you. I really am, because you do have two children and you have built an amazing community. You have events like real event, nice events. Guys. Her events are fucking she there, she is fucking the k is fucking me. And I think we even talked about your event we went to. We did our Coachella episode two years ago or last year. It was part of our mom Cella.
Speaker 2: It was Yeah, when first we went to this, like she it was like the most classy mom event you can You can imagine you guys.
Speaker 3: Rolled up cheek as fucked too, like who's that girl?
Speaker 1: Like we had looks okay, we had our outfits together and little.
Speaker 3: Do you know, we like planned to stalk.
Speaker 2: You that day. We had like a game talk a talk in the car like she's okay, so this is what she looks like, her name is, Okay, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Because we had just started our our our community, like starting to build our we were looking at yours like wow, how fucking amazing, how.
Speaker 3: Amazing, and like we were trying.
Speaker 1: We're thinking. We have done a couple of events at that point, I'm like, how does she do this?
Speaker 3: Out of town and so many people are there, like people gave her it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: She didn't buy that.
Speaker 4: I was like, we didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't need friends with her. We didn't know our secret.
Speaker 3: The way I'm doing talking the whole time, it's like you're wedding every time. You guys know that at this point you don't know. We were like, we're gonna manifest the right. So we go in there.
Speaker 2: We had like a game plan and we go in the kitchen to eat and we're talking and then would just look up and she's like hi.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, look, look she's wed. To find her Yeah, with her, I think your breastfeeding, walked up.
Speaker 2: To hang and then we had and then we were all talking and I was like, wow, we just like totally just laid out the plan and she just walked right to us.
Speaker 3: In the middle of the conversation, one of the chicks comes up and she's like that.
Speaker 2: At is the is the rice is the rice and salad glitten free and vegan. And you're like you're like to stop me, like pose like yeah, of course, and then you keep going and then you go it's not the most fucking l a shit ever.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we're all just laughing, la la, But it was perfect.
Speaker 3: It was just manifested and our plan was to stalk you and look, here you are.
Speaker 1: Here you are.
Speaker 4: We know we've manifested you into our seat.
Speaker 3: Literal love is beyond reciprocated. It's just one of those things like at events, like you know, the moment you walk in, I'm like, let's go away for like two hours in gab But it's just you can one.
Speaker 1: Hundred you can't. There's no way you can connect with every single person at all period. It's just no way.
Speaker 3: And my only goal with fash moment is to reward women that are just like, look, I'm going to try to do my career, still have my identity still and be a mom still. And look, sometimes mom will be at the top and his career is going to be at the top, but I have a baby in my hip, Like, you're gonna do both. It's not one of those things where we're singular at all. I don't work that way. I don't think that's humanity. It's not I think that we wake up sometimes and we're just like my only goal to day is I want to look cute today. I want to take a good ig that makes me feel good. You're still a good mom, You're still I know. I believe in you, that you're you know, you're feeding your children and you're making sure that they're set up on their zoom like I believe that you can be as many of the things as you want and guess what, they're not going to be one hundred percent. I can't tell you that I do anything one hundred percent as much as the Sikh event you said. I can tell you the little corners we cut, and I can tell you the the fuck ups that happened and my fourth trimester when you guys saw me and I see you guys coming and I'm like, they're so hot, like a gross flood. I got lots of skin and my baby and like boobs are filled. It's just that we're all judging ourselves all the fucking time, and only in thirty six years of my life and my step free right now where I'm like, I've had the maximum amount of kids I'm gonna have. Bless your heart if you have more. And I'm just like I'm me, this is it, and I'm just gonna ride and be alive right.
Speaker 1: Right now, right, but in a beautiful place to be too. I mean, like for me, like I don't know if I'm done having kids, Like you know, I'm not married, I'm in a relationship now, I'm with someone who wants to have children. And I go back and forth, mostly not bad girls, mostly not back to feeling like I want them. But then there is this part of me that's like, oh God, like maybe I do, like maybe I can have one more, but like to know, like I'm done now what you know, Like that's right. I feel like that also offers like the kind of like there's a beautiful freedom, right, but it's.
Speaker 3: A boundary thing, and it's a thing I probably need it as having an addictive personality, like you're probably like a much more sane and sound person for it. But I create like a I'm done with this. I'll do time blocking in my day. That's how I do it all, even though I don't do it all like perfect, but I do it all because I'm like, oh it's twelve pm, turn off my like close my laptop and I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna listen to Luis Miguel.
Speaker 3: There's some Spanish and I'm just gonna dance around my clubhouse because it's like my workout and my stressor my stress reliever. And I just create these boundaries for myself no matter what, even if I'm not done with a thing, because my brain works that way.
Speaker 1: So I need to be better. Honestly, I know better at stopping things even if I didn't finish them, because I will keep going and going and going. But the end I know I am and love, I'll keep going and going going and then still won't finish. And it's like I probably could have finished shut down momentum re energizing. I know, Oh my god, if my man's listening to this, Oh but all.
Speaker 3: The sloppy, I'm slappy all day. But that's my one little thing that I do.
Speaker 1: But I'm just like a tip though, Like so that's a good one because I feel like if you like for me, like I need to hear that, because I feel like there's a lot of people out there that don't know how to just take it.
Speaker 4: And then I beat myself up. It's like no, it's just like this is this is this is just the boundary.
Speaker 1: That's the rule. We're gonna carry on the next day, So yeah, thank you for saying that.
Speaker 3: No, I I just feel like I create these little the games we play with ourselves, right, the games we create.
Speaker 1: I just create these.
Speaker 3: Little like games and boundaries and guidelines to exist. And I am that type of person that needs to do that because leave me alone in a quiet room, all alone with no one around, with no substances, and I've got to face things that I've been in the past. And I know I'm so dramatic at times, but I just really do feel that way. I'm just kind of like, why am I like this? Why? Why did I? Like my mother never like had one man in her life, but the men that she did choose to have in her life for a long time were abusive men or were like men that were just toxic. And those were and it's I was raised by a single mother. Single women are like gods to me. It's more about the men that they brought into their life that are toxic, that stayed in my mind. That's stuff around exactly. So, and so what I did and I turned that ond. This wasn't even part of like what we're talking about. But I'm just going off.
Speaker 1: I feel so sick.
Speaker 3: But it's like like the toxic men that we are encountering with our parents or anyone in our childhood. We were just like men are bad, right, So I just like was like, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Gonna fuck with men.
Speaker 3: Oh my fucking life. I'm gonna find a high guy we can follow in with me, fuck him, and then fuck all his friends.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 3: And you're just like, I have power over you, and no matter what, even though they love me, if they're too nice, I'm just like, I'm still going to fuck you up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm still gonna go.
Speaker 3: And you're almost like justifying and you're seeking justice for the bad.
Speaker 1: Men that hurt your mom. Seeking justice. Wow, And that's my excuse, Like it's not okay. And how did your husband, sorry boy, how did your husband come in here? I mean, was or did the healing happen before that or was it an ongoing thing?
Speaker 3: It was literally right in the middle of it. So my husband came in right in the middle of my toxic relationship that I was.
Speaker 1: Just cheating on him with all his friends.
Speaker 3: And I met my husband at a bar and he came in with a girl and I sat on his lap, and I was like you're cute and that's not okay.
Speaker 1: And you know I'm twenty one years old, no twenty years old.
Speaker 3: He through my twenty first birthday and I just when I was lap, and you know, not okay for him that he accepted me, received me on his lap. But we just had our moment. And look, the reason why I was still with my ex is he was younger than me. You know, we're babies at that age, and it's like we are just trying to stick it to them all the time. So cheating was my abuse. He was abusive towards me. So I was like, I'm going to break your heart by telling you, like other men make me feel good, and for men, that's almost.
Speaker 1: Exactly one. Tell him other men are better than the way to the movies, even more money money.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: They'll crumble and melt. And this man lot wholesome, the most wholesome person. And for me being like my raggedy valley girl that just lives spicy, I was just like he's just so sweet, and I was like, how can I corrupt him? But he sticks older than me and he would pick me up. So we just started hanging out and then my space this is all our communications channel was my face. I would shout out on my Space me and my girl, we need to ride to Coachella. And he's like, I'm the guy you said on the lap, like do you want to ride to Cotta? And I was like okay, and I jump in the car with him.
Speaker 1: This is not safe in this day in my Space, but you know what, it was kind of it's okay, it's not It's not safe for them at these strangers.
Speaker 2: I've gotten into cars by that I probably should have been kidnapped twenty seven, right, it's.
Speaker 1: Safe for them than it is now. I feel like kids were more on the Internet than versus now creepy old men can be on the Internet because they figured it out. Like I was mostly talking to if I was talking to an older guy and maybe he was like twenty one and I was sixteen. You know, yeah, yeah, you know there were creepers for sure. I don't want to back, but you mostly just chat with.
Speaker 3: Your friends on AOL that you know exactly.
Speaker 1: But my face was that place.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I met my boyfriend, the Michael Jackson person.
Speaker 1: I met him on my Space. As I remember recently, I was driving the other day and I was thinking. I was like, oh my god, I god. I had a boyfriend from my space and there was an it was another guy, like a whole last boyfriend I had that I forgot I did too all right because I was driving towards Long Beach and I was like, I had a boyfriend in Longrida's family on my Space Facebook. Suddenly you could do yeah, you could do anything exactly.
Speaker 3: So this is the best flex that maybe it's a young injury listening to guys.
Speaker 1: What he did is we.
Speaker 3: Drove and he was like, let me tell you about all the guys in my scene that are talking about you.
Speaker 1: They all want to fuck you.
Speaker 3: So at Coachella, like that guy wants to give you a hotel room or wants to give you a drink or whatever, he wants to fuck you. So if you want to hang out with me, like, I will make sure that doesn't happen to you this trip. And I was like, I don't want the town to thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so he hung out with me and he was literally truly kind the whole weekend, like the best like game, that's the best game that me and my other we are younger than him, and he would bring us beer. We would like he did eat.
Speaker 1: He held my girlfriend's hand, my best friend's hand, and it wasn't even.
Speaker 3: A thing because you're not that age.
Speaker 1: We're all just like flow.
Speaker 3: And the night that night, my mom she was like, she called me and she said, Natalie, I don't know if you're in you're still at Coachella, but I have a time share. I let my my friend let me use your time share so I have a place to stay at night tonight. You guys don't want to sleep in.
Speaker 1: The car, and I did.
Speaker 3: And this guy was so wholesome. I was like, do you want to stay at my mom's house. He's like, yeah, of course. And he had a separate room and he slept ir respectfully. And when we had Mexican food, and my mom was like, you're gonna marry this guy? Like ew, he's just so like corny and it all happens. But I was just like and he told me in like in retrospect. I was like, why were you so good? He's like, of course I wanted to fuck, you know, But he waited.
Speaker 1: Like two months.
Speaker 3: The long game. He let me get crazy. Two thousand and four. We met two thousand and six. I was like, this is too good. We're gonna break up.
Speaker 1: For a whole year? Are you mean hold on?
Speaker 3: Broke up for a year? And I said if if in three hundred and sixty five days, I still miss you, then it's good. And he was like, three hundred and sixty five days, I'm like hi, And then he was And I did all the things la night life like I did all of it to live it out with twenty.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sassy. And he still deals with me, and he always still tells me till this day, are you trying to sabotage things right now?
Speaker 1: Day? I've ever done couple therapy. I mean you've talked about therapy, so I do therapy alone.
Speaker 3: We've done couple therapy, but they always end up loving him because he's the voice of reason. And I was just like, I don't feel seen right now. I don't like you. It's a therapy, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then I had a couple of therapies. I feel we are I think I might.
Speaker 2: I know you're not.
Speaker 3: I know you have the same sign, but you're my sister. Yeah, And so I just I told him I need to work out some things. I said, honestly, you're the picture of perfect when it comes to your life and everything you've been through. He said, his biggest issues he's had is like fitting in. And he came here from Moscow when he was nine and he didn't speak English. So his biggest issues were he was a good boy and fitting into a bad world.
Speaker 1: And I can't relate to that. I'm like, that's not a hard job. Oh what is he a cancer?
Speaker 3: He's a real woman. And it's just it's been so fun that I always say tame the world base It's not that deep. But it's just that I really feel like he made me just like, I've been abused enough and abused enough. How about this new life of like just like, and we're not wholesome. We partied our lives away when we were together. We did all of the things. And but you know what, he's the first one. If I'm on the verge of I've done enough of the thing, he'll drive us home and he'll be like, I sobered up because I saw you in pain, So I'm gonna drive us. He's a responsible one, just you call a partner.
Speaker 1: He knows how to read, and he took care of you the first night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he waited for me. His patience is beyond he was. He I always live like he waited for me to grow up because you know that year I just needed leaving a positive relationship because I'm like, it's too good, goodbye. He could have been like fuck you, right, but he waited five Okay, he still has a work cut out for him. I'm not like turned.
Speaker 2: But the fact that you've been together all this time and that he can still look at you in your face and say you're sabotaging shit, yeah, and like just call you out and keep it moving, like look what you doing, bitch together.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm seeing you right now. I'll say, throw out the trash.
Speaker 1: And then he doesn't. I get home, like why didn't you throw it out? Like I need you to do it.
Speaker 3: Why don't you respect me? And he's like it's not that deep, Like I didn't get to it today.
Speaker 1: I will get to it tomorrow. Don't try to like sabotage, yeah, to be wrong here, Like I like, you just don't listen. You just don't want to listen to it. You heard me say it and you didn't have her.
Speaker 3: It's an inner child thing that us at our age, like women of a Particular Age. We are trying to face her inner child. Oh oh my god, I don't be calling.
Speaker 2: Me out like that.
Speaker 4: Wait, is there a book called Women of a Particular Age?
Speaker 1: Because not there needs to because I feel like that's a whole ass book, because I feel like there's a particular age and there's different milestones. I think a little bit.
Speaker 3: There's like brackets, so there's like, no, you guys are babies. Honestly, there's like twenty four to thirty four. You're in a bracket thirty four to like forty three or something.
Speaker 4: Only I'm not afraid of age. I'm afraid of aging.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with the number. I'm fine with the numbers. Give me all the numbers, bitch, I want the wisdom. Just gave me the same face. While we're here, I'm started to feeling like she's like, you make up. I'm like, yes, I think I think I was sleeping upside down, lack of skin carouteene or using the wrong product, and I us they're using too many, too many things.
Speaker 3: Times there's like a kindly general effect or.
Speaker 4: Something just you know, they're like they're filling their face and then they end up looking older.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look in their mode. I can't do a high school right now.
Speaker 3: It's trippy. I'm intimidated now. Honestly, I don't want to be in high school at all.
Speaker 1: I'm scared of high school and babies.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad.
Speaker 1: All I had was like friends. As soon as I go to college, I got one. But I had my Space. Oh god, my co contact, Instagram and TikTok and all these goddamn dance videos.
Speaker 3: I can't very impressed by that this generation. But I'm also like scared for them. I'm sore. Are they gonna do when they're our age? They are so yeah, and they know they're gonna they're gonna look they're.
Speaker 1: So smart, but they have no idea what dumb pieces? They have no idea what peace at twelve thirteen years old. There's some that do. There's some that there said peace like ryot, like disconnection overload. Even me, like I'm we're on the edge of that. And I will say, like I'm one hundred and four hundred percent, four hundred percent addicted to my phone, and like it is a problem. What's your daily hours? I don't even want to I don't.
Speaker 3: Look at your hours.
Speaker 1: No, I look at what they are, and I'm just like, I don't like, you know what it is. It's not even that I'm addicted to my phone. I'm a dick looking now, I'm addicted to my phone. I'diction to my phone because work is on my phone. But then also like leisure is on my phone, so they're both there, just there, and so it's easy for me to get there, start working, take a break on my phone, go back to work on my phone, then take another break looking at some shit on my phone.
Speaker 3: Are the men you've ever been with on Instagram?
Speaker 1: On phone?
Speaker 3: Are they on social media platforms?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And it's so funny. My my my boyfriend now is on Instagram, but he doesn't really use his phone a lot, so he gets really irritated with me. They don't understand it, Yeah, but no, and I get it, Like I understand his frustration, but also like I'll be like, I'm working and then I'm like and then I'm not working for like maybe forty five minutes, and he's like, you're still on your phone. I'm like, I'm not. I'm just confused.
Speaker 3: He doesn't use Instagram. My husband doesn't use Instagram.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 3: He just uses Facebook to check on like family or like share political views or something. But Instagram he does, and he's like, I don't like I could feel as toxic there, and I'm just like, I literally need it for my brand, right you have to?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's just like, I just wonder if men it's a different it sorts a different purpose. I don't even know if I want to be with a guy that's like hardcore into branding on ig.
Speaker 2: No, there's one of us, yeah, the only one of us. Yeah, adventure Bait wasn't an Instagram guy. And I was happy about that.
Speaker 1: You like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't need any men taking selfies. I don't need you to be posting a lot of selfies of yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I think Instagram is taking a dark turn though. I think the way people are sharing, like their riches abundance, it's just it's toxic for people because this could be enough. Hanging out with your people could be enough. But if you it is enough. But if you see that someone else has only designer labels or only this that, or their house is polished yet they have a child, or they breastfed till their kid was one hundred like eighteen or whatever, you know, four years old. It's just they're just so much judgment and so much one upping.
Speaker 1: That it just it's so toxic.
Speaker 3: And that's why it's like sorority culture. I could never join that in college.
Speaker 1: I was just like I need to shake shit up.
Speaker 3: That's why we're scaling fashion momas because I'm like, I don't want people in the group or on our fait fashion Mama's account that are just like always one.
Speaker 1: Uping each other. We have to show the mess too, because I'm like so messy. Well you know what, I don't have to.
Speaker 2: I commend you for like showing the mess too, because you know, like, of course me and Eric can do it because we've almost conditioned ourselves to get more.
Speaker 3: Comfortable and odd for you guys, honestly and even for us it.
Speaker 2: Gets hard, but like for you to come on here, be honest, keep it real and like you guys when we say she was like the chakest cheakest brain endeavor, yeah, like I'm I'm not not that I'm surprised. I you know, I know you're cool, but I'm like, this is such a good message for like just for the mom community period, because it appears like so.
Speaker 3: Much and there's just there's so much beneath the surface, you know. So I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Speaking of your brand, did you start it? I mean you started it in hop.
Speaker 3: Twenty fourteen, and so you were no resources like this.
Speaker 1: Girl, right? And how old were how old was your child?
Speaker 3: But so why mestitis?
Speaker 1: Back to back?
Speaker 3: I had rebounds and mistitas with Diego.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is mistitis? Oh?
Speaker 3: Thank god, you don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's a it's a oh my god, infection in your breast.
Speaker 3: Oh when you're trying to breastfeed, and blood and bacteria sorry, is going into your work back into your body and it feels like glass inside your boobs.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 3: And I had that three times with Diego, and then by fourth month he was like smooth sailing. But I kept going because I'm just such a massive kiss I guess, or like addicted, and so I was just like I gotta see if I could do it, and thank god, I was able to overcome it. But women that want to stop. When that first hurt, my mom told me you hurt a little, and I started formula feeding you. I came out fine, it's all good.
Speaker 1: I am your mom. No what I'm saying. I mean I had rest fund for four months maybe yeah, four months, and it just became too hard for me. And then they were like you can, you can give her the bottles like I can boom. But I do wish that, like I had more people that would have would have empowered me to keep going.
Speaker 3: I had no one.
Speaker 1: Everyone was like, yeah, just do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Her dad was like sounds like he's right. My mom's like. I was like, all right, it's so isolating.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And so when I created Fashion Moms, I was just the only reason I was doing it was because I care about my job so much. Like I know, I just had a baby, but I can't write to wait to write that story or go back to Paris Fashion Week or whatever. And I was like, I wonder if there's other moms that are having this dilemma of also caring a lot about their career and their kid even though their kid was just born. Because I've met so many mothers that are like, this is my life's purpose. Thank God for all of those women.
Speaker 1: But that wasn't in me.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I don't have postpartum depression I have more of just like, damn, I'm still me inside. I'm not going to do all of the other things. And I'll have you know, I had maybe in twenty fourteen. I had my first OD in two thousand and eight, and I was sober till then. I didn't do anything because I was so shook, like stared straight. So I had a long time to recover. But so I was just like, I want experiment and put together some of the women in the fashion industry, so models, designers, artists, editors, and just have them talk amongst each other. And I loved putting on an event because I was already a fashion editor, so I was working with RACT. I was a senior editor there and I was like gift bags, you know, all the fun things. So I had a lot of brand contacts and I loved that aspect of it. And I said, why don't I put them all in a room and see if I can learn from them? And in turn, they're like, yeah, Natalie, we love you. And they're all talking organically, and I love that they were just gluing to each other, and the right after the event, they were just like, when's the next one? And I didn't know that there was a next one. I just thought it and I was like fashion Mamaska just because I hashtagged that in like November twenty fourteen, and so many women were like, that's me, that's me. And then I was like, fucking trademark that you know.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: By December, I was like, I don't know, do people ever like create membership? So who house? I'm a member, a longtime members so I was just always like, they do a membership, you know, should I? And I did a membership and there weren't communities like that yet, and I was like, this is my favorite thing, like to organize events for everyone, and just I'm type as fucks. So they all are multitalented and dynamic as fuck and they do things I can never do. But I know how to be the one to create the event and plant and so they were like, we like that you do that, and you can put us all in the same room and be the icebreaker. And I have the I'm a negotiator, and I know how to put together a deck and a sales pitch, and I have a business mind. So it was all of the things I love to do, and I'm a writer, so we had an editorial leg of everything, and I was just like, how fun is this? And by the way, I didn't leave my job for two years after running fashion MoMA, so I was doing both.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I was.
Speaker 3: An editor and doing fashion Mamas and it was a hard job. And I didn't ask for help during that time because I was so scared to ask for help.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just feel like moms sometimes feel like they have to run the world and be drained and be a shell of theirselves by the end, and that shows that you're productive. And then by twenty sixteen, I was like, maybe I should get an assistant because we actually are getting revenue. And I blew up organically. And that's my story. I don't like to share with people. Buy into me, and I'll tell you the secrets of my business. I'll tell you right now, right it's not that deep, like believe in yourself, have crazy ambition, Like ambition is like the top of the top of the top, be obsessed and you wake up if you're thinking about that when you wake up, like how can I tweak this and make it special?
Speaker 4: Then you're in the right profession.
Speaker 3: If you're like, how can I make a business to make me money? Universe will will.
Speaker 1: Be like, m You're in it for the wrong reasons. So true, It's so true.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so here it is six hundred members in members from Austin to Australia. In LA we have four hundred members alone. And it's just been this thing where they let me be unapologetically me, and I've become more of me in twenty twenty. And yeah, it's just it's amazing that in this day and age that something like this can exist for women because I feel like I'm really helping them be more of like be their real authentic selves all the time. And I don't know, I just it's corny, but I'm just like, I just I'm at service to them and I just want women and all people to win. And I say all people because I created another community too.
Speaker 1: I know. Congratulations. I saw that. That's amazing. And what's that one called is that's that's not just for moms, that's for that's really for everyone, which is really cool. It's called Creative Career Club. And my big thing was when I was a fashion editor, I.
Speaker 3: Was writing about my favorite trans designers, my favorite male designers, my favorite women designers that happened to not be moms that happened to be moms, My favorite non binary like all people. And that's always been my core. The reason why I created fashion Mom is because I literally saw a void in the universe. Verse was like creative bitch, and so I nailed what a community takes. So I have so many friends that are just like men and women that are just like, can you ask your community if they have like a graphic designer? And I was just like, wait, I see all of these like business minded platforms.
Speaker 1: Why like is that a thing? It's like, oh, it's only female empowerment. Well, there's a little a feel of trust, like people like the trust. Yes, even though talking to Mila today, like and I'm like I feel like we've leaned on our community for things that like she did tell me this today and like and like I just feel like these are the people I want to ask. Actually, yes, they know me, they know what I like, they know what I want, Like.
Speaker 2: Like like yeah, there are people we go to we like plan Dinners in New York and say hey, just meet us and we'll see what happens. And every time it's like we have to create real friendships and real bonds because we've like gravitated towards people who are the same Jerica and Mila.
Speaker 3: I want to say one thing, no matter what someone goes like, they're onto something like badass moms, did it something that'll They'll never be as you, They'll never be you. I'm here for you, guys, like I want to hear from you and your thoughts and your unraveling and then the wins and the challenges. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: No one is youer than you.
Speaker 3: And I just feel like with fashion moments, a lot of people when I created the application form for CCC, I'll see why do you want to join?
Speaker 1: And they'll say, because you're proven that.
Speaker 3: You have a successful community and there's a lot of paid memberships out there, and you've built something that I've been watching along the way, and I want that for me. And I don't fit into the box that you've created for FM. And it's just as simple. It's not like I want to create what we're building with FM but broad in it. And it's not a wider net on purpose to drive a revenue. That's like everyone's a pond. It's like, no, you know, more people you're more than You're more than a mom. You're more than a mom. I miss it so much.
Speaker 1: I have so many friends. You have an amazing mother community and like in order to be in fashion, mama's the one requirement a is to be a mother. So yes, you've cultivated a community for motherhood and mothers, creatives and everyone alike. But like you also there's also creative side, your creative life, and a lot of times have applied for that and like God blessed it.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. There's different opportunities there. Because I want to make sure that's like loud and clear.
Speaker 1: But I have a question, how what is the application because I'm a member of sol house too, and like that was like very you know political, and I am too because in LA because I I've remember what maybe three years now, but like the l A house that was like the house is full, Like I don't know, I can.
Speaker 3: The members only community and elite anything or like exclusive anything. It causes for elitism and I've been called the world.
Speaker 1: Well look I get it. I get it, like I get cultivating a community a safe space where everyone feels safe and there's are so many different personalities and it's there's just there's there's just two different levels to this ship. I guess that's the only way I can say it. And so I understand that. So that's why I'm and like, that's why I'm curious because even like with our events, like from like me and Jamila, sometimes we would have events at my house, there's people like I don't know everyone, but I wouldn't by strangers to my home.
Speaker 3: But like it's all about strangers. It's all about vibe, and it's it's like we don't want to make.
Speaker 1: It sound like I met someone one time. Some of my best friends now.
Speaker 3: Like Nisha, I didn't like shout out an she's getting a.
Speaker 1: Moment of it, the moment she introduced.
Speaker 3: You literally know each other because of Nih.
Speaker 1: This is I'm gonna slide this in real quick. This is not a paid ad. But if you if you've heard of us talking about moms, if you've seen us post on Instagram about Nisha, she's the bitch that makes the baw mass cakes. You see.
Speaker 2: She also curates all of our events, elevated room events. She basically does everything perfect No, but if you're you're a perfectly shaped like no, she's gorgeous. Maybe he had a helmet, so I watch head.
Speaker 1: She's gorgeous, her husband's gorgeous, her child's gorgeous. It's annoying, but listen, she makes great case if you're in l A and you need baked or events or even want to plan a wedding, Like she's literally playing a wedding too, So shout out to nishe you know.
Speaker 3: And so with that said, she I didn't know her from anyone, but she joined this and I'm sure she walked in. I'm not underestimating the applicant. She walked into this, and she's just like, I will invest in something like this because I see someone like a vibe that I'm interested in. So it's more about that. It's not an elitism, it's nothing or nothing. It's like, what's your vibe. You're like, you use your voice for change and your individual in your expression. And she was just like, that's me. So if she saw a brand that she's just like, that's not for me, but I'm taking all moms, I'm taking what I can get.
Speaker 1: Give me your tuition.
Speaker 3: But she'd be like, I could feel that you guys are just down for whatever. I make a book, right, and that's not what I do. And so when women are mad that, you know, we don't accept. And by the way, it's all backgrounds of all women. And I've gotten a lot of different hate mail.
Speaker 1: And it's just like we're creating.
Speaker 3: And I don't like to say, like say family with community because it sounds like culty. But it's just like we're just creating an energy that when you're in our space you can gain something from the people you talk to.
Speaker 1: You know, you're on the same level.
Speaker 3: And it's not like you're all have one hundred thousand followers or you're all founders of this.
Speaker 1: It's not that it's what you said.
Speaker 3: It's a vibe you're curating.
Speaker 1: It's a vibe. It's yeah, but it is. It is like a fine web of like how oh this person, oh you work in this like say you work in beauty, Oh you work in you know, tech. Somehow they can still come together or like oh maybe you are in maybe you're saying at home mom, but you you know, but you're you're saying at home mom, but.
Speaker 2: Like you have.
Speaker 3: Well you're simply in the fashion creative world. Like we have a jewelry designer in the group, it's so subdued and quiet, and bless her for it. And she doesn't like speak, she's not like us, but I know that she brings something because I love what she builds and creates, and I love that she's just speaking to a spec market and we believe in that. So you're not gonna always see a girl in there that's like wearing the lowest whatever and drinking all of the things. It's not about that. It's just it's a vibe. And unless you're a community leader, like I know, it's hard to target exactly what you mean by that.
Speaker 1: But also I think, even speaking back to what you said about you know.
Speaker 2: When you get a certain age, you start to address your inner child. There's just a thing like in general, as you grow and as you hopefully as you hit different you know, you grow an age, there are things that come to forefront and things that you know are become important, one of which immediately you start to be like, who am I spending giving my energy to?
Speaker 1: Who am I around?
Speaker 2: What are they about? What are their goals? Where are they going? Where are they headed? And are we in a like minded place? When I come around you and then I leave, am I gaining. Do I feel fulfilled and happy? Do I feel like I've gained something? Have you motivated me and inspired me and left me feeling full and hungry? Because overall, like that's the goal of life, Like money, while Instagram is cool, All these things are cool, but like, do I feel good?
Speaker 1: And am I growing?
Speaker 5: And I think when you grow spiritually, you inevitably that you grow in finances in abundance because you're aligned with your purpose, You're being authentically.
Speaker 1: You, and so you know, I think people can be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, how you know I don't have enough Instagram followers somebody that's why I'm not in the club or X, Y and Z. But it's almost like not a filtering of Yeah, Like I even tell Erica with like even with Niches, our friend, her husband Brandon, all of our friends literally were like, damn, we can go within for mostly anything a cake, an event, photography, video and production and editing, make up.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we really put.
Speaker 4: Our head, my life is a fashioned mama community, right.
Speaker 1: You curate your life in the same way that you would curate the space that you want to create.
Speaker 3: Anybody who's listening that is like, I don't understand why you don't accept everyone. Right, Think about if you were creating a community for whatever your industry is, tech or you know, kitchen whar or whatever it is. So you're telling me that you would just take any monies from people because you want to gain as many people as you want. That's not healthy for you, and that's not healthy for the person.
Speaker 1: I think also, like people would join your community and be like, I don't fit in here and then leave because the same same like people come to visit our podcast, Like, for example, we were just talking about that when we first signed up we first started our podcast. Somehow, I don't know how this happened to you guys, but we were in the religion and spiritual section of Apple Podcast. Okay, could you I don't want me to.
Speaker 3: Get more bad religious experience for me, but okay, okay, okay, I agree.
Speaker 1: But like people that are looking for God and they're listening to us, they're either gonna hate us or love us. They're gonna leave immediately, you know, Like you have to know your like we know your audience. If people like you either like good Mom's bad choices or you think we're fucking annoying, you think we're terrible parents. I don't know, but like I think, like you cut the fat off of shit when you know what your brand is. And I think knowing what your brand is this is really important. And you know, we don't really talk about like business or podcasting on this on our show a lot, but like I think even me and me and Jamille like having a brand essentially, like we've really understood like who we are, what we what we what we talk about represent, and what our topics are and it's and it's always authentic because it's authentically us. And I think that's really what it's come down to, is understanding who we are authentically. Are we perfect? Do we have it all figured out? A futly? Not right? But what I do know is that, like I know, like who I am, I'm still figuring out what I need and what I want for that person. And I think, you know, we have a platform where people join us on this journey.
Speaker 3: Do you know how much of a gift it is, by the way, ladies, to give your whole selves and share this. There's so many people that feel this inside what you guys are sharing, and they just hold it in because they're just like unpolished. I got my shit together, and you're just like, I got my shit together, but here are the things that are unraveling lately. And that's such a gift to know how to articulate it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's articulation. I mean maybe sometimes I don't know what it is. Honestly, it's it's there.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's there, and our community has meant so much we have this. Honestly, sometimes I call it accidental. I guess it was accidental at first, but now it's very intentional. And I think like with that intentionality is that a word with it comes comes that like protection, and comes that like curation and like, so going back to like how you curate your brand, like I understand it. I get it and like and.
Speaker 3: I'll take all of the like l's along the way that people are just like I get it all, like I'll get all of the hate mail. Just it's just it's so important in the end to make sure that the crew feels feels like cohesive, right because I just can't yell louder that Okay, you know what, free reign. The community will come in, you'll pop in that like I admire greatly, and you'll just be like, literally, it's a free for all peace you really all want. And you know what, there's something like that, and I don't think it should be paid. If it's for everyone, I don't think any like something like that should be paid.
Speaker 2: And also, you know what, it's a good like it's a it's a good check, you know, like not check like it checks you, because I think even for us.
Speaker 3: Like, oh wow, this is very classy, this is very elegant. These women are very smart and expensive fit.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Actually no, but no, but but I'm saying it actually grime to no.
Speaker 1: No, remember the first spash Moms and that even even come. I came to a photo shoot and I left you in the car. Oh yeah, I was so cut that you had to take her. I don't know where.
Speaker 3: I just wat to the bathroom, but we stopped that you stayed in.
Speaker 1: We would have I don't have it. I don't pay the membership. I'm not going to come in.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know ticket. It was me. It was my fault. I literally was like, I don't know, just back, I wasn't with me. Actually it was like I took a solo picture I remember because that's where I met.
Speaker 2: So it was like in the city, yes, yeah, story, and it's like I left a facial place in the front.
Speaker 1: It was like yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Laughing at myself thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, no, And it's funny because it all comes full circle because, like I told, because I had never been to like I think even maybe just i'd never really been.
Speaker 4: That was after I didn't know how fucking memberships go.
Speaker 1: I was like, you stay here. Well, well, I think the whole thing is like it.
Speaker 2: Can seem really intimidating, but it doesn't have to know it isn't And like I think I think as even as well. And we're in a community where we encourage like a safe space and non judgment and all these things.
Speaker 3: But like as soon as we got to that event, mam arz.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, everybody's cool, and I like everyone looks every you know, you have you build up this thing in your mind and like you see these women, You're like, well, what's the requirements to get in here?
Speaker 3: I think it's an impression that people, if it's something successful, it must be uptight or it must write. But then you get there and it's just like a group of cool working with brands, and they spend a lot of money, and I'm just like, guess what, We're never going to change our lucy goosey ways. We're just going to be ourselves. And that's the thing that we're trying to change that connotation because I think a lot of brands you think, you go and you're like, I'm just like, did you see me at the last summit in March?
Speaker 1: Like I was late to the.
Speaker 3: Summit because I was on edibles and I told everyone there and I'm just like, I am so because I heard a COVID thing. But we're it's not going to bother us, right, And then that weekend we got locked down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, so what happened? So she stayed in the car the car I took.
Speaker 3: You hate the like, no, no baby was she was a tiny one.
Speaker 1: I didn't have. Actually, I now think about it, I didn't have my daughter there. No, No, I had, Okay, But I met ur Tiera and I just remember her daughter had her hair was so beautifully braided, and I was like.
Speaker 3: She does every she's another one because every.
Speaker 1: No and then and your community has connected to so many people because then artieras start to work with Nisha like your community, like because of the way that you run it, it really truly is impactful. And that's really what I think you're trying to do is like be impactful and be useful and like make like beneficial connections network.
Speaker 3: A member applies, I'm already playing matchmaker and I'm already like who would she buy with? And like what would they create together? And the moment that happens and you manifested it upon application, you're just like, yeah, and there's a MoMA matchmaker system now.
Speaker 4: Really, you know, we love an astrology or a connection.
Speaker 3: Literally the other day, like she was like.
Speaker 1: I don't know what what the fuck is his rising sign? I'm like, you know, but you know him.
Speaker 4: She's like, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if I know him. I need to know what the internet says?
Speaker 1: What does the connection? What did the stars say?
Speaker 3: What does that start saying?
Speaker 2: Matter?
Speaker 3: You get it and what you're creating is the same way you wouldn't just let any person in just because you want to. It's quality over quantity, and quality doesn't mean you've got to look a certain way.
Speaker 1: It's a fine I feel like you have to look at your brand, no matter how large or extensive it is, Like you look at your circle, what is it that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How who do you want in your circle?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: You don't want everybody in your circle? Are you a bitch because you don't want to be friends with everybody? No, Like you can love people from Afar, you can support people from Afar, but not everybody needs to be in circle.
Speaker 3: Point of that, though, there are people that are like, I'll take anything, and but the thing is, I don't know about you, but I'm very skeptical of that, so they'll want to.
Speaker 4: I think when you create something meaningful, money will.
Speaker 2: Come, yes, and then and then and then it will come naturally because you're you're so passionate about what you're doing.
Speaker 3: And then the number one thing when I read so the important thing. I don't know if anyone's building a community listening, but the most important thing to add on your application is why do you want to join? I know it sounds like they're gonna you just want me to kiss your ass, but it's really that you want to know why they want to joy? What are they missing in their life? And it's data for you. And what I always hear is like, I haven't found this group, or there's a lot of groups, but I see that you guys are pro cannabis, or I see that you guys are activists, and you're just like, okay, I'm in the right direction.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there are women that are to know what I wrote. I was literally, what was your answer? I think you asked me.
Speaker 3: Application? I mean, a mom crew, it's so weird.
Speaker 1: What should I write? I was like, I don't know. I really want to know what I wrote. Maybe you can find it. Wait, I want you to find it. It's an email.
Speaker 3: I was just like, but I have a gangster research and so I could.
Speaker 1: Find it, right. I don't want well.
Speaker 3: I was just like on Erica's go too, because I guess I didn't care about.
Speaker 1: Going to the party in mam Rag. I just stayed in the car.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you have a plus?
Speaker 1: Because I was like, my husband noticed you guys. I was like, hey, no, I'm part of this community.
Speaker 4: I was like, I've never been to any of the events.
Speaker 1: I probably need to go. I was like, we're going. I was like, are you sure I can come? And then I was like, are the kids going to be there?
Speaker 3: I think I was wearing like a sea through pink hot pink to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were actually was.
Speaker 3: I was like, let me put let me put on a shirt underneath because my nipples are on.
Speaker 1: And then I was like women brought their kids to Coachella. Yeah, and then but they we're the only ones without our kids and were and that was a few though, but that but that I love too, because like even before then though, like I've been going to Coachella since I was like maybe seven seventeen, Like Natalie here doing it in the car. Yeah, I remember until I went to like I think Coldplay was playing. It was like two thousand.
Speaker 3: This is such an ut radio baby boy, oh wait?
Speaker 1: And I saw them too.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 1: I remember before I had kids, seeing someone a child. I'll never forget this visual because I had never seen it before. I was like this god father and his son on his on his back, and the son had like the head and the rackchella. And I was on drugs for sure, and I was like, what the fuck the other kids?
Speaker 3: But isn't that just powerful?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: But but I was even at that point, like I was judging for sure, uncause I had no kids, and I was probably on the dasted or something. But also I was like, it's kind of like I want to bring my kids, but then every time I means to go, it's like it's perfectly at the time where like we need a fucking break.
Speaker 3: Last year, my husband that was the same the kid bro.
Speaker 1: Actually, you should listen to that episode because that it's actually one of our like most epic episodes called Momchella.
Speaker 3: Yeay yeah, and we're and we hit you with it, like we go down exactly what we did and you're in there. Did you have like a fear and loathing in Las Vegas vibe?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, wait, we took We did a lot of drugs by accident one day, by accident, on purpose.
Speaker 3: We took them voluntarily.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, it was it was, it was. It was pretty up. But your events, I mean, but your event was a highlight because it was so beautiful, beautifully curated, and I saw children there at Essentially what our brand is about, which is like being able to do both, being to go to a music festival but still bring your kids and have your partner there or not, you know, and like have fun and that's okay, you can do both. It's hard to fuck to do both.
Speaker 3: But it's important, but you can.
Speaker 1: It's important to sometimes get sucked up. Still, sometimes you gotta bring that kid to the birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sometimes I like, you need to train your kids to be cool. Okay, you need to train your kids. Like we're gonna get to the party, and I'm gonna let you stay up late, but go find the other kids and then go away. Or if there are no kids, yeah, sleep in different beds if I tell you to go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Just a birthday party last weekend, socially distant birthday party, masks on and my son saw that there was wine in the corner and he's like, Mommy, do you want my mom juice? And he went to go get it for me and he gave it to me. Wait wait, wait.
Speaker 1: We went to a party let from like a neighbor in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I didn't know them well, but it was like a very small social distancing party whatever. And I was having a bad day and I was just waiting to get to this party. This is me being judgmental. And there were black people. I'm like, they're definitely go a least have like wine at the party. For sure, it's going to be like an adult but kid party. So I get to the fucking party. There's no fucking line. I'm kissed, but I'm.
Speaker 1: There, so you know.
Speaker 2: And then anyway, I've started to like let go of the wine. I fucking drank her pres sonds then and I met other cool moms. You know that we had meaningful conversations. In my opinion, and even in those conversations, I had kind of judged you when they walked in about what I thought they were going to be, and they're actually all really cool. And I find myself doing that and then realizing it, you know, but like I don't know the point of this is, Well, if they didn't have wine at the party.
Speaker 1: Well, I think. Also also, it's like that even when you are us who are not supposed to be just rental, we can be sometimes and be surprised by the women that we meet.
Speaker 3: Right and now I want to because you want and Sharon shot on my therapist, I'm always like sharing says, we reject ourselves almost because we just don't want to face the rejection if it happens. So like, there'll be times where I walk into like this cookie cutter events. It's kind of like where's the wine and already be the problem because I just want to like shake it up at that moment and let them hate me because they're gonna hate me eventually. It's like I'm gonna already say it. But then I find that one girl's like right, and I'm just like babe, and it's her party right right right, It's like there she is, Let's go to the corner and smoke and we'll be right then exactly guess why we are running our ship and doing it. But it's just like you feel that, and it's just like I always feel that the moment I walk into a room, and that's my own triggers that I need to unwrap.
Speaker 1: I think that's great.
Speaker 4: Tying up the boat of this episode is like that you can't judge other moms because.
Speaker 1: You just don't know. You really don't know to talk no, and energy is important and connection is important and community is important, and that's why conversations are important because you meet people when you talk to them and you're like ohh and they call back that mushroom layer, whether you took them or not, and then they show you like, noah, bitch, you were wrong.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it is such a projection of self, and my therapist shout out to Isaiah said the same thing to me this week.
Speaker 1: He was like, you know, I noticed you you don't like to be being told what to do.
Speaker 2: I had a dream and he was like, dismantling my dream, because that's what hypnotherapy does, tells you about your subconscious and he was like, you sound like because in the dream I was like I was in the forest and then went to the airport and I was the only one who had money. And he was like, you sound like you feel like you don't have a lot of support. And then he said, sometimes do you think are you being your authentic self or do you think you expect people to judge you? And that's why you have this thought of you don't want to be told what to do, and so you have kind of maybe a rebellious nature. And at first, like it seemed accurate, but it also was like a lot of words. But now Sharon and you are confirming that it's true. Everything everything is and a projection how we feel our judgment as getting angry, getting up to the punch.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're just like, let me define me before you start putting words in my mouth like this is me. I'm shaking shit up, you know what I mean, and like parting words. But like we success comes in so many ways. You can be as successful without the trauma, you could be as successful with the trauma and your party favors. You can be all the things. It's your ambition that gets you there. And just believe that you can do it and don't let anyone fucking tell you that you can do it right. It's absolutely possible. And if you need support, there are so many communities. There's good moms, bad choices, there's fashion moms, there's creative career club. There's so many ways you can go. There is help, and I don't think you can do it alone.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: You you become empowered within your community, and I'm sure I need to see that.
Speaker 1: Yes I needed like, oh there's other women.
Speaker 2: Like literally, even even when me and Eric had first started this, I don't think we really realized what we had embarked on. We're just like, let's do this thing. We didn't know it's going to be a whole thing. And I think maybe the first week we put out the episode, like only our friends are going to listen, you know, like hopefully not our moms. And just randomly we got a couple of d ms, like from like Nellie in Florida, who's like my friend, now you know what I'm saying, and like Rainy in Australia, and it was like these little universal messages that was like keep going, this is important. This is important because there's somewhere somewhere who gives a fuck up that you're fucking up, and so were they.
Speaker 3: And this is the absolutely GMBC till I die, Fashion Mamas, all right, hold till tilburd in the dirt.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming.
Speaker 3: This was so fun. Natalie Alcala n A t A l i e A l c A l A. And at Fashion Mamas, you know how to say that. And at Creative Career Club, mama's m A m A okay, see.
Speaker 1: Yes, Eric gets so mad at me. It is m A m A right, yes, m m O M m A. I'm like, what the so mad? I get so irritated. Even like when we're creating merch sometimes it tries to sneak in the m O M m A like bitch, No one spells it that way. M A m A right.
Speaker 4: It's modern it's modern, it's more okay, I thoughd.
Speaker 1: G M b C.
Speaker 2: You know where to find us at Good Mom's Underscore Bad Choices and join our newsletter at Good Moms, Bad Choices dot com.
Speaker 1: And make sure you join Patreon. You guys, we have tons and tons of secret episodes on Patreon that you you just don't hear everything here. I mean I think you think you do, but you're really hear all the ship. Like there's a lot of personal ship over there. I can't hate.
Speaker 3: I know, I always do this. He gets so mad.
Speaker 1: I want to commit.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna commit. I'm gonna ask Natalie, will you do take off my shirt?
Speaker 1: No, you're me and like I always wantsh sh.
Speaker 3: My boes when nobody asked.
Speaker 1: We also do Friends Good Friends after Dark.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'll do anything. Okay, So even if it's just.
Speaker 2: A zoom, like maybe you and your husband can come on since he has this iconic game and this great slur.
Speaker 1: Because I always want.
Speaker 2: To talk more and so we also include more of talking, more intimate personal talk.
Speaker 3: Blood will come on and speaking.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We have a segment on on Patreon called Good Moms after Dark where we interview our friends, like our homies, and we just talk and we just get a little more. Just dig in there, we get we're getting more deep. We can't let to be honest, we just get drunk.
Speaker 2: We talk.
Speaker 1: Wild. You can, but you can find us on Patreon at patreon dot com backslash good Mom's Bad Choices. You have to actually put that in your space bar because apparently we're explicit.
Speaker 3: You believe it.
Speaker 4: You can serch us shock anyway, guys, We will see you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, have you joined Patreon, where we offer even more juicy content.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all. We have secret episodes, secret segments, and some very personal blog posts that we don't share on the interwebs. So make sure you go check out our patreon. That's patreon dot com backslash good Mom's Bad Choices. Here's a little sneak peek.
Speaker 6: So I did Playboy and then I become a mom and do Playboy. Where's the difference?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: And you know he didn't know how to answer the question.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's also yeah, asking them like what would make you say this or what makes you feel a certain way? It has a lot to do with men in their own insecurities.
Speaker 6: Men's insecurities. But I think a lot of the things that we don't realize is men's ideas of the women that they're with. Decidally, where we've all got to unlearn that that's what you guys do, right. It's like, what is a mom supposed to do? Not talk about sucking dick anymore because I have breast milk still in there, like