Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's listener Q and daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions. What's up, y'all, It's time for the listener Q and A.
Speaker 2: Amy is joining me this weekend. Amy.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start with some shout outs. Okay, Amy and Morgan, you're both amazing.
Speaker 2: Keep inspiring. Elda and Texas.
Speaker 3: Oh these are shout outs from listeners. Yeaheah.
Speaker 1: They I try and start with positivity because.
Speaker 3: They were shouting them now, but shout out yeah.
Speaker 2: Shout out yeah.
Speaker 1: Monica and Illinois said love the way both of.
Speaker 2: You inspire me.
Speaker 1: I'm older and want to feel younger. No questions, just love you both. That's from Emmy and Austin. Y'all keep me saying and have deep appreciation for your bravery and honesty. Believe that is from Keaton Wendy. I'm a huge fan of both of you and enjoy listening every day. She's in Georgia, so shout out. Shout out to all the shout outs. Favorite memory ever from the show Emily in Texas.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, probably the time that George Strait surprised me. That was fun.
Speaker 1: I don't think I was on the show yet at that point.
Speaker 3: Not I was here, so we had already moved to Nashville. Gosh. I have some really good memories from early on though, like the Austin days. Those are the good old days for sure. But I'll just stick with George Rae because he popped into my head. First. I thought I was doing a phone interview with him, and he was really in the hallway on his cell phone, walking in, and I didn't know he was gonna be here. And then I said, Hey, next time you're in town, you'll have to come by the station. He goes, hey, I might just do that or something like that, and then he walked to the door, and it was like, shut up, I love you.
Speaker 1: And that's the last time he's been on the show.
Speaker 3: I mean, but yeah, he's not. This only time he was here in person.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy. Long ago?
Speaker 3: Was that probably two thousand and sixteen, twenty seventeen, something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like we need to try for George straight again to come in studio. Oh yeah, not that he needs it, and he probably won't.
Speaker 3: But it's not really his thing.
Speaker 1: Will you'll be doing any more live podcast Claire in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Yes, working on it, speaking out Claire in Virginia. One of the places we're looking at is the DC area. Oh, I love DC, so you know, it may be in Virginia, I'm not sure, just DC area and Austin and Tampa. And just had a call about it this week. And there's a lot that goes into that. And I really wanted to do it the last year and a half, like I want to, but then it's like getting it done. So I think we're closer to getting it done and hopefully before the end of the year, like November December timeframe.
Speaker 1: Oh fun, and to be more than one or just a few what are you thinking thinking Austin, DC and Tampa.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a few of them always.
Speaker 3: And then if you know, it doesn't squeeze in by the end of the year. I'm not going to put that pressure on myself. But it's what I've wanted all year long, so I hope we can pull it off. But then for sure it's in the works and more more of an experience with the weekend, like maybe not just the live show in the evening, but some experiential type stuff during the day because some people travel and they're there for the whole weekend anyway, and so maybe doing like a yoga class together, so there might be smaller groups and opportunities and then a brunch here or certain activities that may take place throughout the day that you can be a part.
Speaker 2: Of if you want to be. Yeah, okay, I like TVD.
Speaker 1: Hopefully that makes you happy, Claire, and that's good news. What is something you're both looking forward to? Keaton from Montana.
Speaker 3: I am looking forward to the construction being done at my house. That's a good one, so that I can dust everything one final time and there's no more dust. And my cat is dusty, my dog is dusty, everything's dusty. So I'm ready for that. There's lots of dust, lots of dust, and I am thankful for it, and I'm grateful I could make some of these changes that are bringing me so much joy. Just foot wallpaper up in my bathroom.
Speaker 2: I saw your post. I mean great.
Speaker 3: My sister picked it out and I was a little hesitant when she first showed it to me, but now that it's up, it transformed the space and it's like you're in the forest and you don't like to forest. Babe, and they're these little naked women behind trees. They're hidden, they're not even obvious that they're there. They don't even really look naked. But my sister and I call them the little forest bathing queens, and it's a reminder to forest babe while I'm bathing.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm I'm excited about some of the fun choices that we've made, but I'm ready for it to be complete.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one, Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm I believe one of my best friends is coming to town in October for my birthday, and then my parents and I think my sister and brother in law are coming into town for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: So fun.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to some people being here and me not having to travel and going place anymore. My weddings are wrapping up at the end of September, and that's also very exciting.
Speaker 2: So you have a lot of those. I've had a lot this year.
Speaker 1: I've loved them, and I love love, but I'm definitely ready to take some breathers. Okay, how do you manage Speaking of something we talked about on part one, how do you manage your ADHD? Recently diagnosed in struggling Cassie in Nevada.
Speaker 3: Well, I've not managed it at all. I've done adderall wasn't my favorite over the course of my life. I was diagnosed in college, so I don't know why, I said shro so I believe in college, I took STRATERA, which is one option. I hated it. Then I was like, I'm not doing medication. And then I've done what's the other one? There's a I can't think of it. Maybe it'll come to me. I did that probably in twenty sixteen. My mouth was so dry for the few months that I did it that I was like, I'm not enjoying life, like I can barely speak like. I was so dry and miserable. And then got back on adderall in twenty twenty three and now I'm off again. Okay, So I'm sure people can tell when I'm medicated or not. But it's a personal choice and you may have to play with different medications. And the beauty of it is you don't have to stay on it. You can do what's right for you. Work with a professional. There's brain gym exercises on YouTube if you just go to YouTube and google brain gym, like gym, like you're going to the gym, but for your brain, and those can be very helpful in helping with things and getting the right foods and sleep. There's all different ways holistically you can try to help your symptoms as well, and then just accepting that it's part of who you are.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't need to do anything.
Speaker 3: I think that a lot of times, like oh I have ADHD. What if it's like, oh, what are my strengths in having this? And focus on those and then do what you can to help with your executive function, your time management, executing tasks, stuff like that, because you do need to function and be an adult, and sometimes it's really overwhelming and I feel that for sure. But there are tools out there, and that's the beauty of the internet now and socials. You just have to be careful because a lot of people put stuff up that are not certified. And I'm not sitting here claiming like I'm an expert. That's why I'm deferring you to seek help, seek counsel from experts and articles that you can trust, in research that you can trust, and accounts that you can trust, not just an influencer online saying oh I started eating, you know, bubble berries for my ADHD and it's this miracle thing and the bubblet really worked for the right or whatever these something I mean, I just made something up, but you know what I mean, Like, I just feel like that can get really dangerous. So I wish you the best. I know it's not always easy, but there are strengths in.
Speaker 1: It, Yes there are. That's great advice. Okay, we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite characteristic about each of your kids?
Speaker 2: Casey in Missouri?
Speaker 3: Oh, gosh, I love that Stashira is such an independent thinker. She just is not heavily influenced by anybody else.
Speaker 2: Oh that's such a good kin.
Speaker 3: And then I love Stevenson's thoughtful heart. He is very considerate of other kids. He's very considerate of my feelings. I see it just in how he interacts with people, and it's really precious. And you know, Stashira's laughter, when she laughs, it's so great. I love it. She has a real silly side. It doesn't always come out, but when it does, it's great.
Speaker 1: Is that when she feels super super safe is kind of when that comes out?
Speaker 3: Or I guess. I don't know if it's just like seventeen year old teenage girl stuff, but you know, I think I experienced that.
Speaker 2: I still do.
Speaker 3: Your visit is a roller coaster at times, but you know, you have those days where you're just able to tap into that silly side and when she can get there, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Oh those are cute.
Speaker 1: Have your parents visited you yet at your new home? Lauren and Virginia my parents? I assume she means in the birds.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. I was like, Oh, you know that's so funny, is it, Lauren? Yeah, okay. I was journaling this morning about how I need to get some bird seed and put it out because I don't feel like I have bird time like I did in my other house. Oh okay, and I know that they would come. I guess I have. I saw a cardinal early on, but I have not seen a blue jay. So that's a good point. That would be my dad. And then I thought, we'll feed them and they will come. So I need to get some bird seed.
Speaker 1: Instead of a few bird feeders I have my bird feeders, I have no bird seed.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's board piece.
Speaker 3: I need to put that out. And then my parents will maybe come, which I know some people would be like, well, that's stupid. Your parents should come no matter what.
Speaker 1: But hey, well you know, birds still gotta eat, right, still have to eat?
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Skincare recommendations basically like, share your top three favorite products right now, Abby and Florida, you guys have great skincare.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'll just say I'm a huge fan of Biopel right now, and that's you can go to at Radio Amy. I don't know if I haven't linked in there, but gosh, I put my whole regimen up somewhere. It's on their website too, and I was a paying customer there that has now formed a partnership with them because I love them so much. And I was a big Zeo fan and for a long time still am. Because some people are like, oh, I started using Zo because you love Zeo, and I'm like, I still love Zeo, but I just started using the snail serm at Biopel and then got on their products and the price point is a little bit lower, so Zeo is great. But I thought, well, this is a better price point and my skin is responding well to it, but I didn't fully commit until I spent three months on the products to see if I would legit, because at first my skin was like, what are you doing? No, I don't like this, but you have to kind of go through the like change the change.
Speaker 1: Yes, and worst part about changing skins care honestly.
Speaker 3: And my skin adjusted and I feel very happy. But I feel like it's like biopel dot com and you can go like forward slash radio ame and my routine is up there. But I should probably link that in my Instagram. Maybe I have a little link somehow, but I know that I have different highlight buttons in my thing that kind of show it because they sell it on Amazon too, and sometimes Amazon has it on major and that's when I would recommend buying it there. If not, if you buy it from biopel, I just do the gentle cleanser if I do three products, gentle cleanser daily, tensage serum, and then the snail serum. But I don't do that daily. I do that like as a quarterly treatment thing. And those are the little ten vials which I gave you. Some of you still not used it.
Speaker 1: It's not I actually had as planned to and then you know, just had a little hiccup in my life and like I've stopped doing everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's totally fine. You don't have to do it, but I want to use time they talked. You're like, I don't know how or when to use them, and I'm like, well, I'll show you.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you ever feel like this is products, but I get overwhelmed on the idea of trying a new product and then I just like, don't do it, because then I'm scared to do it.
Speaker 3: Oh. I was say the same way with this, especially because the vials are intimidating. I watched probably five YouTube videos when I first ordered mine, and then even ordering it, my skin person uh is the one carry She's the one that told me to order it, and it probably took me three or four weeks finally go on Amazon and get it because I was like, oh, this looks complicated and I don't know, and then I ordered it, and then I stared at it for a while, and then I watched YouTube videos because I didn't want to mess it up. And that's probably why I've made tutorials on my Instagram to show people because That's how I was freaking out when I first started. So I totally get the overwhelm, and that's why I was saying, if you hadn't done it yet, I can help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do want you to come help me, mostly just to make me do it, because I'm just allowing my you know, my little overwhelming thing just take over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine, save it for another day.
Speaker 3: But a code for that, Like on their website, they have a code. It's happy and it saves you, I think twenty twenty five percent or something like that on your entire order, not just like one particular item. But sometimes Amazon will really put it on major sales so just to be love as sale, love us. It never pay full price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, girl, math Okay, last one, wait, do you have.
Speaker 3: Any I honestly, I, oh my gosh, the I Cream. I take it back, I would say the I Cream the Radiance I because it's tinted and kind of shimmery. Okay, but oh I say that so that you could think of yours.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, there's one I've been using now that I really love. I don't have it on right now, but there's a it's a Mac like tinted. It's a tinted SPF thing and it's really dewey and I love it. So it's like my bass that I've been using lately, and it just feels like amazing. I'll have to post it because again, I've been really bad about just doing most I've finally gotten back into a lot of my stuff, but there's still things that are lingering that I haven't jumped back into, and my like skincare, was one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind I got pushed.
Speaker 3: To the side when you just said that. I realized I got a text from Walmart this morning that my smash Box Halo plumping Do Serum. Have you heard of this? And now I'm pulling up the text from Walmart.
Speaker 2: I ordered it.
Speaker 3: Walmart's like the only place that has it. My friend told me about it. But it's smash Box. It's the brand Halo Plumping like Do Serum, and it's tinted and your skin looks very dewy and glowy.
Speaker 1: I love a dewey look. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I just that's the Snail serum. We'll give you the dewey life just before, like when we go to Vegas next week, I'll put the snail serum under my makeup, and maybe I'll put the smash box on top and I'd be like dewey.
Speaker 2: Dewey, dooey dewey.
Speaker 1: Okay, this mac one is called strobe Dewey skin tint is what it's called.
Speaker 3: Okay from Mac, We'll keep you coasted on the smash box. I haven't tried to know, but we will get together for.
Speaker 2: The snails because I need to do it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Last one, we're just gonna answer this super quick. What is one recent life event that made you feel empowered? Lex from Oklahoma, Well, buy my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, it is.
Speaker 3: Like that's a little softball tossed to me, But I think that has to be the answer. By myself, all by myself, my first home, just me.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And for me it was recently I did a huge deep clean of my whole house and I reset my life and I put together flower and I felt really good again.
Speaker 2: And that was a really small thing, but it felt great.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I like that I had something big that probably doesn't happen very often, and you had something that can happen every weekend if someone wanted to.
Speaker 1: Yes, but both equally amazing, very proud of us.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're jumping out of here. Follow Amy on Everything at Radio Amy. I'm at web Girl Morgan on All the Things. Check out the podcast four Things with Amy Brown. Take this personally, and you can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. Amy, thanks for joining me, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 3: Go follow the show on all social platforms. Show and follow ed
Speaker 1: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.