Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: So let's get in to this conversation. As far as uh Facebook. Yeah, so Facebook. It's a couple of different question things that's interesting about Facebook on Mark Zuckerberger. The first The first thing is I put a post on i G last week about Facebook changing its name. We're going to get into that, because there's a lot into that. But then also news came out today that it was an alarming trend that they found out. I don't know that why they didn't notice before. But teenagers and young people are not using Facebook. It's declining out at a rapid pace. Like I said, I'm not that's easy to figure out. So but Mark Zuckerberg came back and he painted a positive pictures for the company. So Facebook stock is something that is a cornerstone of the of the market. It's in a variety of ETFs. Is you know, one of the one of the big players is up there? So A how do we feel about the company? And b is it a good time to invest in Facebook stock long term?
Speaker 3: Or stay away from Facebook stock.
Speaker 4: I've been telling everyone if you are in Facebook, hold it, but if you are looking to.
Speaker 3: Add a new position, I wouldn't do it right now.
Speaker 4: Like it is a coordinated attack on Facebook right now now.
Speaker 3: He isn't like my Wall Street.
Speaker 4: There's a bunch of venture firms that don't like him, and they are starting to put their pieces together. But I told you, guys, what was that four weeks ago? TikTok is going to take over over ig. Everyone's like, you're crazy, you can't bet against Zuckerberg. I'm like, I know. I was trying to invest in two thousand and four. Shout out to steveg who put me on a Facebook. Like, the amount of money that would have been made in a deal would have been insane. So like, you have to know when the trend is going to start and in people that are younger than thirty years old do not like Facebook, and even those of us that are over thirty, it's not as efficient as it could be. So TikTok, if you're on it, it's a more seamless platform, better experience. YouTube is a better social network then if you Yes, they have what'sapp, But the innovations have not been as strong as they should be over.
Speaker 3: The last five years of Facebook. So I love the company.
Speaker 4: The stock as a sea right now, I wouldn't add to my but if you are have already been been in it sub two hundred, you're fine.
Speaker 5: Check out the statistic right right, teenage users a Facebook, the app right and the US have declined by thirteen percent since twenty nineteen. Right that's two years ago, and are projected to drop by forty five percent of the next two years, driving overall declining daily users in the company's most lucrative market. It's Facebook has become something that people look like, that's what my grandparents use. Yes, And nobody wants to go to the party with their grandparents, you know.
Speaker 6: And so like.
Speaker 3: Facebook is like we're a foobo out right.
Speaker 5: Now, shout out too, shout ya damon for us by us right, but you not wearing the I mean, nobody who wants to party with their grandma?
Speaker 2: Will I will say this as a content creator, and I was I was uneducated about this. Facebook is not dead and you have a way better chance you get you can you can go viral. You can go viral easy on Facebook than you can on on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Like we go.
Speaker 3: It's easy to go viral on TikTok though, no.
Speaker 6: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: But Facebook, we got videos, but like nine hundred thousand, but a million five Our number one video on Facebook has five million views. We don't have any We don't have any video on Instagram, even though we have a way bigger presence on Instagram and we're way stronger on Instagram. So I would I would just encourage content creators not to give up on Facebook. Yeah, yeah, it's still a way. It's still still it's still the biggest platform.
Speaker 6: That's by far. I mean they have two billion users.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing, right, that core demographic that we're talking about that is watching those five million views is twenty five to forty five. Soon their age out of that group, who's the next group coming in? If that group is inconsistent with staying with you, then you're gonna lose an audience.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: If we're talking about fifty percent of clines and teenagers, those teenagers will become adults. And so if you don't have those people coming to your site, then how do you app you sell the ad dollars?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Because most of their money's man is not as clain and good as you. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So like when you have when you have like TikTok, which is obviously taken over for the young adults, it becomes tougher for you to sell ad dollars when you know the audience's declined.
Speaker 6: How do you now pitch it to a company and then.
Speaker 3: An interesting space because they're in the middle.
Speaker 4: Like, so the Trump's thing that he wants to create one polar opposite. TikTok is at another and Facebook is in the middle. So you can't really have an edge if you're not really catering to anyone. The thing like when me and Todd first got on there, what was that IU was like for college people only it was almost like an honor to be on there. Yeah, now anyone can be on content is and as good.
Speaker 3: The Russia thing, that was a smoke of mirrors campaign more than anything.
Speaker 4: But when you factor that end the whistleblower, like, they're putting so many things in play right now to take them down. It's a coordinated attacking is working, but they have to clean up the platform and they haven't taken a strong stance.
Speaker 5: On who this is for over the last four or five And even I know some people are like, well, it doesn't Facebook on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they on Instagram.
Speaker 5: But even in their reports, like even to that he's there seeing declines in the usage of Instagram, which is why they try to create Instagram Team.
Speaker 6: But then they had the.
Speaker 4: Easy questions go ahead, raise or put yes and chat if you've enjoyed using Instagram over the last year.
Speaker 3: Now, if you've been on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Or YouTube, which is easier to use YouTube versus IG or TikTok versus ig. We're seeing a change in of the guard and they need to acquire something else, not a metaverse.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eight eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 6: Earners. What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deport You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws border and families will be protected.
Speaker 6: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Thing could be very fascinating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so speak speak about that.
Speaker 3: Let's get into this conversation.
Speaker 2: So one of the reasons why Facebook is considering changing his name is because kind of like Google with alphabet, they want to have all of the things. It's already under one umbrella, but you know it's so Facebook owns Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. So a name change would you know, have all of that, you know, vertical entities under one umbrella. But then also moving towards the metaverse. Shout out to nineteen key, I know he spoke about that at Vesfest. The metaverse something that we spoke about a few different times. When you talk about the world of augment every reality, when you talk about, you know, the oculus that they have with the glasses, artificial intelligence, this is something that you know, Mark Zuckerberg is fully, fully focused on. This is my own personal opinion. I think that all right, we see Elon Musk is kind of like carving out his niche in space and electric cars, like everybody's kind of carving out their niche. So I think he sees this as an opportunity to brand Facebook as the face of the metaverse, augmented reality type of vibe. What do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: I'm just so everything you just named it makes it even clearer. Right, who's already in that space? Who's a playing in that area?
Speaker 6: Teams? Right, young adults? How do I appeel to them?
Speaker 5: I got to go to what they're doing, right, So they're already playing in the roadblocks and they already they've been accustomed to this. Well, how do I attract a younger audience to now use them as my customers going forward?
Speaker 6: I have to be in it like he sees it.
Speaker 5: You can see it clearly right, my demographic of core audience is getting older. They're thinking that with the grandparents of this thing, how do we get younger? Maybe rebranded, maybe target the people who we know are in the space, obviously young teams and adults.
Speaker 3: It is a it can be.
Speaker 4: This reminds me of when Steve Jobs came back and they went on the run with iPods. Because now if you rebrand the company, because you already have the hardware in place, you have the uses. And for all my business owners, this is why it's so important. You need to have a strong customer base. The two billion people on the platform probably three hundred billion, I means three hundred million could be in a metaverse and once they're there, like I always thought they should have been acquired Fortnite, Like you need a game and entity to drag them in. Because every brand needs the youth. This is why hip hop is so important. Like once you use lose the youth culture, you don't have that much of an edge.
Speaker 3: So that if they can mass to getting.
Speaker 4: The metaverse down the way Pe dropped his school, Facebook will go on a historical Apple rebrand, like in every brand, you have to This is why From a business perspective, I'll tell you I focus on mastering price because without that, I don't have the sharpest sword. So Facebook went through five or six years when they didn't have a competitive advantage. If they get this metaverse down with that user base, with already having at hardware, and.
Speaker 3: If you use Oculus, Oculus is beautiful.
Speaker 4: People average game and time and they'll probably be anywhere from two to three hours today.
Speaker 2: They'll make a help of you don't want to live in although although keys just say the HoloLens of Microsoft makes Oculus look crazy people to the movie theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people just don't know about it that scale yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean obviously and Microsoft never done social well, right, but.
Speaker 6: They they're like kind of the first in that space.
Speaker 5: Right, is kind of a big device to put on your face, and so like, yeah, that was the first person.
Speaker 6: How can we make it better, Let's make it small less.
Speaker 2: But well they team that were ray Band, that's true, and now they're gonna it was like ninety nine dollars. So yeah, Facebook, if you didn't know, Facebook team that were ray Band, and they're gonna release kind of sunglasses or the Oculus.
Speaker 3: Oculus is like a huge thing.
Speaker 2: But these these ray band glasses posted on Instagram a few weeks ago the ra class they look like regular ray bands. So this is something that you know, it could it could give Facebook, you know, a second win, because you're right, they are in trouble with How I how I know that they're in trouble is my son. We was driving this weekend and we was in the city and he was asking me to go to this this restaurant and I'm like, why do you want to go to that restaurant? And I realized the reason why he asked to go to it is because he saw it on TikTok. And if you ever, if you're on TikTok, all of these videos of like rooftop New York City, like you know what I'm saying with that voiceover thing, but this is how what I realize is that I don't know, but that's your voices. What I realized is that this is how people are actually this is like the new Yellow Pages, like this is how people are finding businesses, restaurants, all of that. So TikTok that is actually brilliant because that's like the new Yelp, like people is actually going on there and whatever is trending that becomes a destination of like, yo, I gotta go there, I gotta go to Hoboken, New Jersey to look at this rooftop that's overlooking the city. Because even I look at the videos like damn, I'm I'm gonna go to this restaurant.
Speaker 6: Is no, it's very key.
Speaker 2: My graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop, Mike, drop.
Speaker 3: Back drop drop.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites within need sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need