Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was going to start with something very clever, and now I check it off. The second cookie pastry debate. No, we're from like we're moving forward. You said, you're right, we're moving forward. Well, uh, I think the best way to move forward is with incredible modern technology.
Speaker 1: Oh did you see the transition that I just Did you own a robot? Do you have a robot Butler?
Speaker 2: No, you don't have a fully functional robot Butler.
Speaker 3: Robots kind of scare me, Like I feel like I would. I mean, I think it's probably just like the devastation of like smart House, Like it's like you just you never know what it's going to be too smart and out smart you. Like, so those like generic things that would make your life easy. Yes, it's like the simple fact that are the generation now has no idea how to use a Thomas Guide because you know.
Speaker 1: A rotary or other stuff, yeah, right, or even.
Speaker 3: Just have the ability to go, Okay, I'm gonna make a right on this street, a left on this street, and then a right on this street. Most of them can't remember that kind of stuff because it's so much easier to.
Speaker 4: Look down at your phone and get you there.
Speaker 3: So I'm kinda not really somebody who's ready to jump in to having something like that, like a robot butler or a nanny in your house?
Speaker 1: Are you one of these crazy people though?
Speaker 2: That knows north, southeast and west where it's like I hit the road, I take an I go north, and then once you get to that road, go south.
Speaker 1: Do you do that?
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I know for like freeways like my route that I do often.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest. I've got like a.
Speaker 1: Ten mile dian right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: But I don't go much farther than that.
Speaker 3: But like so, I know the freeways that I go, and I know how to get myself to LA.
Speaker 4: All of those those are memorized.
Speaker 1: Sure, And when I.
Speaker 3: Get off the freeway, I do know at that point if I'm going south or north.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you already.
Speaker 4: I do know that.
Speaker 3: But that's just from going the same place over and over again.
Speaker 2: Like do I take a left or right at the Chick fil A? Don't tell me go north. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it's such an older generation. My dad will be like, oh, yeah, you go north this I'm dad, that's not helpful.
Speaker 4: I need a left right.
Speaker 1: My dad does that.
Speaker 2: He also does it with ridiculous uh like location finder things, so it'll be like, okay, on the left, there's a dent in sign at that you're gonna want to go north.
Speaker 1: I'm like okay, yeah, Or.
Speaker 3: Like a bus stop, Oh yeah, Dad, I recognize bus stops, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's Cray. I know. Well, you're missing out on a robot Butler. I've got one.
Speaker 4: And he's like, oh, how is that?
Speaker 3: Does it keep all your books and things that are behind you as organized as they always are?
Speaker 2: All my pops over here organized and I don't. I'm not scared at all that one day his eyes are going to turn red and he's going to kill me in my sleep because of the three robotic laws.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that's anyway.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the.
Speaker 1: Waves, tsunamis, and the high School's musical. I'm Will for Dell and I'm Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 2: Ooh, fire up the computer and update your X seventeen software. We're programming love for the twenty fourteen sci fi romantic comedy How to Build a Better Boy. It debuted on Disney Channel August fifteenth, twenty fourteen, first announced earlier in the summer during the premiere of another T com, Zappid. That's how I'm saying it from now on.
Speaker 1: It is zapped. It's zapped. I know the eds. This one was shot in Flip the Coin.
Speaker 2: Yes, you guessed it people, Toronto, Canada, mostly at the North Toronto Collegiate Institute for just over a month of shoot days, which place looked gorgeous. The debut drew in a very impressive four point six million viewers and included the other debut of Ariana Grande, who everybody knows is the biggest Grande. You can get the biggest Ariana out there. Uh the music video for break Free during a commercial break.
Speaker 1: Do you know break Free?
Speaker 3: I don't, but it surprises me because Ariana is the Nickelodeon Kids, so I know what she doing premiere and something near on the channel. I don't know, I nel, It's just it's just surprising to me because.
Speaker 1: She Ariana Grande was on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 3: Yes, like a huge show on Nickelodeon. This is when her music career was like breaking out. But she came from the Nickelodeon channel.
Speaker 4: So that's what surprising is.
Speaker 3: That's not you know, Disney kind of keeps their their allegiance right with their own kids.
Speaker 1: So he was on a show called Victorious. Jeez, I was on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 2: I've never even heard of these things, of course, so I was on real Nickelodeon was the eighties.
Speaker 1: It's because Radio Disney really played a lot of her music.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks, okay, thank you, Right, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I always assume Radio Disney is just the emergency channel for Disney, where it's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is not a drill, everybody under your desk like stuff like that. Like that's always I thought where Radio Disney was, but apparently it is.
Speaker 3: Actually no, it was like a full blown radio station. They brought in all of like the up and coming artists.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: It's sad that it's not around as much anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, we'll start it over now.
Speaker 2: Listeners of my generation will recognize this movie as a soft gender swapped kids version of the nineteen eighty five John Hughes comedy Weird Science sorrying Anthony Michael Hall, Kelly LeBrock, and Bill Paxton, a movie that, well, a lot of people say with twenty twenty six goggles might be a little problematic, but I don't give a I don't want to hear it. It's an amazing movie. Come at me and I will start swinging. It was a big enough movie at the time to spin into a TV sitcom.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen Weird Science?
Speaker 4: I have. I actually really liked that movie.
Speaker 1: I was great.
Speaker 3: It was so cool of getting like just all the technology that was in like those kids like bedrooms.
Speaker 4: That's like so cool. I loved it.
Speaker 3: But I do get now even course, even I swear this weekend when I was like, what movie are we watching this week? And then it was How to Build a Better Boy? I went, wow, when was this film? Because just the title alone goes so opposite than where we're at in twenty twenty six, And.
Speaker 2: It makes sense because if they never would have made How to Build a Better Girl, yeah, same year, they never would have done.
Speaker 3: The fact that they're doing how to Build a Better Boy now is just as like what.
Speaker 2: I know, everything's problematic when you look back at it twenty years ago. I mean, there's stuff we're doing right now today that seems totally fine that twenty years from now your kids are going to be like, I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe you ever did that, mom first.
Speaker 2: Okay, so don't come at me. It's a staple of my childhood. I loved Weird Science. Watch it for what it was for Yead's sake, yes.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And it was a funny grace.
Speaker 1: It was out of the world. It was hitting Milcahol at his like, right near his prime.
Speaker 2: The Sixteen Candles Anthony Michael Hall another movie that's amazing and of course problematic.
Speaker 1: Watch it for what it is, people, Yes, and everyone.
Speaker 2: I know there's a bunch of people screaming at their radios right now, going that's what we're.
Speaker 1: Telling you to do with d cooms. Will watch it for what it is. Watch it for what it is.
Speaker 2: Hey, touche, I hear you. I'm still not gonna change what I say. And as far as d coms, I'm also quite confident that while developing this movie, Pixel Perfect probably came up a few times. Since the gist of both of these movies are very similar, so we can admit that this one isn't necessarily original, but frankly it knows that. So with your history of weird science, I want to know, before the invention of magical ewine, had you heard about how to Build a Better Boyfriend?
Speaker 4: I hadn't.
Speaker 3: And I have to be honest too, Even the star characters in this movie were.
Speaker 4: Brand new to me.
Speaker 3: I don't and I'm sorry if we've actually seen them before in another movie that we've watched. But I wasn't even really aware of either one of the main two girl characters as far as what show they came from.
Speaker 1: But she was in Who Descendants too, and all the movies since Who China and MacLean Gabby.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, what.
Speaker 3: She's Oh she looks so much older and mature.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Even I knew her right away. I was like, oh my god, she's great. Yeah together, now after.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: Wow, But see, I'm thinking this is a show I've never seen. I'm thinking they're pulling from the channel.
Speaker 4: Oh she's so great. I mean, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: But I kept going, I don't even know either one of these girls, like and I again.
Speaker 4: I don't read any of the things that we get. I just watch it fresh.
Speaker 3: And oh I love it now Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, knock knock, who's there? Never heard of this movie?
Speaker 2: So uh it is a joyous day here on Magical Rewind because this movie is directed by the man himself. Oh yeah, Dana, Nana, he's bad to the whole. Yes, d com Daddy, the one, the only, Paul Hoen. It's been a minute, but.
Speaker 1: We're thrilled to welcome his name back to the pod.
Speaker 3: And what perfect timeing Zombies five just got announced. It's in the works. We've got so many people back, we got new faces. It has been a glorious week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a good dcom week.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we're thrilled to have his name back in the pod.
Speaker 2: He's one of the indisputable architects of the DCM who currently leads the way on the highly successful Zombies franchise. As we're talking about Zombie's five this time it's personal again. But in the past, directed Cheetah Girls two, Eddie's billion dollar cookoff, the look of the Irish jump In, Let It Shine, a True Confessions.
Speaker 1: That's just to name a few. It would be difficult to chisel the DCOM Mount Rushmore without needing to study the face of one that is absolutely correct.
Speaker 2: And now if you want to build a better boyfriend, you can.
Speaker 1: It's available to stream right now on Disney Plus.
Speaker 2: So we suggest watching it with a big bucket of popcorn, or a family sized bag of candy, or a humongous jarff pickles, or a burlapsack filled with baby carrots, or a lunchbox packed with pomegranate seeds. It's really up to you, but we know you're hungry, so treat yourself and stay healthy. Now jump into your hum vy and fry the motherboard. Let's hear the synopsis. Two tech savvy best friends May and Gabby use military software to create Albert, a robotic boyfriend to fulfill May's wildest dreams, only to discover he's a super soldier and now they must deal with the authorities.
Speaker 1: To retrieve him. Sabrina Early thoughts on this movie.
Speaker 3: Early thoughts, I'm gonna be honest, it felt like it was going fast for the first Like, you know, I loved the energy right in the front, like, and I love a movie that's gonna give me kind of what I'm looking for towards the end and then jump ahead.
Speaker 4: I love the start of a movie.
Speaker 3: Like that, like, sure, at where we're going and what the drama ends like builds to, and then we jump ahead on how we get there. Then from like minutes five six to a good chunk of fifteen minutes, I went, it was just going really slow. I mean, we didn't even meet our villains. I think until thirty minutes in we didn't even relieve and they weren't really villains, so it was it was a little slow. Towards the end, I was like, all right, I'm hooked. Like I once it got rolling for.
Speaker 4: Me, I was hooked.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like you said, like I of course, it gave me all the like nostalgia for me of weird science, you know. So I was kind of like, I like this spin on it. I liked it better than Pixel Perfect, and I was kind of starting to create like somewhat compare it to the things that we've seen so far. But the beginning it got it was like, oh yes, and then it like and it slowed down for me for a little bit, and then it finally picked up speed.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree. I thought it was okay.
Speaker 2: I think this movie was a decent concept that needed a massive rewrite.
Speaker 1: Oh really a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A lot of the story made no sense. A lot of the character arcs made no sense. The villains were absolutely pointless. Even the military turned out to be pointless.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of it. We'll get into it, but it was. It was strange. I mean, it wasn't bad. I thought all the acting was good.
Speaker 2: It looked great. It looked like a fifty million dollar budget. I mean they did a lot that I thought was really good. But I think it needed to rewrite the story.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of things and it got to me, Obviously, we'll get there, we say it so much, but like when we got to the football game, I was like, wait, now there's like.
Speaker 4: A football, a big football game on the line.
Speaker 3: Like it started to get a little bit like where what's the end result of where we're going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there was a lot like that, but yeah. The movie stars China and McLain as Gabby. China's career began at a very young age, appearing in Adam Sandler's Grown Ups movies. Then she churned into a Disney Channel favorite and shows like Jonas, Wizards of Waverley Play, Doc mcstuffin's an Ant Farm, which she was The Star of Better Boys was her first d com, but since then she went on to play Uma in Descendants Too, unbeknownst to Sabrina and all the results outside of the channel. She also played Jasmine Pain on almost two hundred episodes of House of Pain and Jennifer Pierce in Black Lightning and then Kelly Bergland plays her best friend.
Speaker 4: May.
Speaker 2: Bergland began her career alongside the Aughts version of Barney Hip Hop Harry.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of Hip Hop Harry?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Me neither, but now I gotta watch it. Uh.
Speaker 2: Bergland is an impressive dancer who would later be cast as Breed Davenport on the Disney XD show Labrats and appeared on The Goldbergs and the wrestling drama Heels. Marshall Williams is Albert, the Boyfriend of Tomorrow, the Canadian local has been in a ton of Christmas movies. It looks like he was built for Christmas movies. That's the guy who's the hometown guy that the girl always goes back to leaves Big City Guy for including the I Love These Titles, The Jingle Bell Jubilee, A Sprinkle of Christmas, and The Upcoming Cowgirl for Christmas. Matt Shively plays Bart. Matt was a star over on the other kids channel.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick nick Nicko. That was what it was when I was on it on the show True Jackson VP.
Speaker 2: But you may also recognize him from Jesse Paranormal Activity for Santa Clarita Diet or most recently, he played Quentin on the sitcom Lopez Versus Lopez.
Speaker 1: He was very funny.
Speaker 2: And Ashley our goda is Nevea, which is heaven Backcourts. Ashley is a vet in the kids TV genre, appearing in so many classics including I Carly, Bucket and Skinner's Epic Adventures, Austin and Ally, and.
Speaker 1: Girl Meets World.
Speaker 2: But you may know her as one of Matt Shivelyly's co stars on True Jackson VP, or from her time with Kelly Bergland in Labrat So they all knew each other's great and before his recent glow up, we get Noah said today, oh as Jaden. We now all know Noah as Peter in the hit movie franchise To All the Boys I've Loved before.
Speaker 4: You have no idea what that is, but it's so good.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: But he was also in The Bad Charlie's Angels twenty nineteen reboot, the TV show The Fosters, and the Kids Program Jesse Now, his career has a ton of buzz and he's in like a dozen movies coming out, including some very incredible projects like Gundam with Sydney Sweeney, Street Fighter where he's gonna be playing Ken Yes, and Oh My Childhood Heart. He'll be John Rambo in the upcoming Rambo prequel.
Speaker 4: Ramble, Like is it like st Alone?
Speaker 1: When I started?
Speaker 2: Oo?
Speaker 4: Wow? Good for him?
Speaker 1: I would do it a prequel about when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: So if they're building a better boy, why not build a better movie. And we all know, if you're looking for a perfection on screen, it is ninety minutes, no more, no less.
Speaker 1: So what did this dcom clock in that?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess it's real close because it's our boy Paul.
Speaker 4: He knows, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's eighty nine minutes, one off the target.
Speaker 2: But as always, you can depend on the great mister Hohen himself, Daddy Paul for speedy storytelling. So we appreciate being below and not above ninety And we're gonna forget the one minute and move on without any judgment.
Speaker 1: As for the script, it was written by Jason Mayland.
Speaker 2: Jason was a writer and producer of the reality competition show Wipeout, as well as The Jeff Dunham Show and Disney Junior's Eureka. This was actually his only movie. So now apply chapstick and prep for the big Moonlight Dance. A kiss is on the horizon, as is the breakdown of how to Build a Better Boy.
Speaker 1: We open in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Military hum v's speed through the streets, Sirens ablazing, flood lights are blown out as soldiers scale fences and repel from the roof. It's an emergency and an expensive one. You could tell the budget going right in. Eventually, a decorated general and a frazzle doctor exit in SUV. He announces that the fugitives are on site. Even the President is interested in what's going on because they've lost track of a three billion dollar weapon.
Speaker 1: They're ready to get the world's most.
Speaker 2: Dangerous criminals, but the doctor who's related to one of these heartless criminals is hoping to talk them out of it. The General is hell bent on doing whatever it takes to get them into custody. And then these heartless thugs reveal themselves. They are two teenage girls and the doctor is one of their dads. They surrender with their hands up and that's how we start how to Build.
Speaker 1: A Better Boy. Exciting.
Speaker 4: I thought it was budgeting.
Speaker 3: One of the things, yes, that I was gonna say at the beginning too.
Speaker 4: This is probably the most adults.
Speaker 3: We've like almost ever seen in a d com. And it all happens within the first.
Speaker 1: Half seconds exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Like is like, holy cow, there's so many adult pavity.
Speaker 4: Normally it's kid.
Speaker 3: It's like all kid, kid, loaded, loaded, and it's like, whoa, but I did.
Speaker 4: It was like a lot of energy. We really haven't seen no much of this, kind of.
Speaker 2: Like it was a good way to start the movie.
Speaker 4: From they're jumping over fences. I was like, oh, hell yeah, this is cool.
Speaker 1: It was. It was.
Speaker 2: It started very well, and then we get something we've never seen in the d com. We get quick shots of the main characters bedrooms during the credits. I'm kidding, it's something we see all the time. Let us know who they are, and this time the shots tell us that the girls that we just saw, Gabian may our best e f F.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: B f f's besties forever?
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's not besties FF. Didn't just Jentsen make that up?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like besties for the rest ees, is what Monroe says with her best d b f.
Speaker 1: F or between them. Yeah, that's what it really should be.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, so their besties forever. It is now two days earlier, we have a little bit of a flashback.
Speaker 1: They are at school.
Speaker 2: Gabian may have finished their senior calculus test in just nine minutes, and since they're just sophomores, this frustrates and concerns the teacher.
Speaker 1: But the girls are very confident they nailed it.
Speaker 2: Their geniuses and the other students bully them for ruining the curve. They call them nerds, the brainiac overachievers don't seem to care and have places to go anyway. And this is when I was like, uh, well, these are two gorgeous kids who just happen to be wearing glasses.
Speaker 3: No, not only that, who have the I this is one of my spiritence seas. I think this is gonna be something that I'm gonna be saying, sprinkling my spirito seas throughout their wardrobe is so cute.
Speaker 1: The two of.
Speaker 3: Them look far more put together than anyone else in the school. Everyone else's costume meat, including the other characters, is pretty basic and boring. These two girls have the cutest style and like their glasses aren't even like nerdy, they're like cool glasses.
Speaker 4: Like I was like, I should get some glasses like that. I needed a new pair of glasses. And I was like, I like her little blue with the up.
Speaker 1: Little cat eye.
Speaker 2: Really smart, really pretty funny. Girls who are dressed hip are the nerds of the.
Speaker 1: School that right, you know.
Speaker 3: The wardrobe lady was like so good and like a certain aspect, but did not pull off the like I need to see more, like if they're wanting to if they're supposed to be kind of the boring not seeing girls. I needed them to be wearing neutrals, browns, exactly black, you know, just muted, muted, muted colors.
Speaker 2: They stepped right out of clueless. They look like the school girls. And it was like, these are the girl like way to go nerd. I'm like, she's a ten on any scale. What the hell are you talking?
Speaker 4: By turning around?
Speaker 3: They should have been so sassy back to him like, okay, loser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was this is what I was like, Really, we're not now, we're not even trying to go for the at least in like, uh what not ten things I hate about you? But she's the man or any of these kind It was like, at least they put Rachel Lee Cook and they tried to dress her down.
Speaker 1: She's in like overalls.
Speaker 2: And a messy wig and ya, they went and were not even cutest hippos girls. We can put glasses on them, but some one's gonna call him nerds, Like, wow, you're not even attempting to hide.
Speaker 4: This any Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the same time, the only thing that did work later on there's the storyline, which was actually kind of a cool swing on the nerd of the school.
Speaker 4: So I did like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, this didn't work me at all.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the Braniac overtuebers don't seem to care because they're the coolest people in school and have places to go. Anyway, May is tutoring and Gabby is working on healthier choices than the cafeteria. Now in the library, May tutors the star hug QB Jayden, and she's obviously smitten with them. She successfully relates football to difficult math while being flirty, and he mentions homecoming. She pretends she hasn't been thinking about it. When he asks if she's going to the dance, she says her and Gabby will make a last minute decision. Jayden encourages her to go because she never knows what she'll miss. Later at lunch, May tells Gabby she can't believe it, but Jaden may actually like her, and yeah, he kind of made it a little obvious that he really really pretty, hip girl who's very smart. Weird then like a real hater. Gabby says he's only using her for her math help, but May isn't sold. They had a moment and it felt like he was going to ask her to the dance. Gabby, on the other hand, has accepted they are never gonna be popular, but okay, the really cute girl looks at the other really cute girl and goes, ah, no one's gonna like us, but have the brains that will make them important later in life, and boys are just a distraction now in the halls before their next class. Popular girl in Nevea just having backwards is campaigning for a Homecoming Queen, while Gabby returns to Principal's laptop. She fixed it for him just in time for his online tango lessons, and then the unthinkable happens. Jaden texted May unprovoked. Ah, he wrote with mostly misspelled words, which I didn't understand if at the end he turns out to be a genius, Okay to meet him after practice he has an important question. May is thrilled, but Nevea overhears the whole situation and appears furious. On the football field, Jaden is in the middle of drills when the girls arrive. He waves to May and yeah, this was probably not the best time to bring your best friend with you, Like Gabby, probably shouldn't have been there real Yeah, ramp and third wheel style but anyway, and they neither of them understood that when the guy obviously likes her, it says he wants to meet her later, that he liked her.
Speaker 1: And wanted to meet her later. That's right, and that's what I just I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know I harp on stuff like this, but it takes me out of it because it's such an easy fix to dress them down and then have her progress as the move progress as if she needs to change, but quote unquote progresses the move to become more confident, to become wearing better clothes. Instead, they start her as this cool, incredible girl who.
Speaker 1: Shocked that anyone likes her.
Speaker 2: I mean to even make it where she doesn't have any friends except for for May and Gabby are like we're They're all we have, and it's like, are you are you kidding me? With these two incredibly hip, good looking girls. It just it, it infuriates me when they don't take the extra ste of.
Speaker 1: Just dress her down. You're in a bun, you know.
Speaker 2: Make it to where there's such nerds that they keep destroying, Like the second they walk into class, the whole class goes, oh god, no, you're gonna destroy the curve, like build into it. But they don't. They just want us to assume it. I mean, well, someone says nerd that they're nerds, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do think though the part of like the outfits is more so that they're like funky.
Speaker 4: They're different because in that stuff, yes, but like they're.
Speaker 3: Funky and like not everyone's into that, like everyone being very basic. Like I'm telling you right now, if that outfit was worn at the high school that I coach at, they would get weird eyes because they wouldn't be kids that really like to blend. They do, they don't as much as it's standing out. There's a super pretty girl that stands out. Most of them like to blend. They don't really wear like it's it's kind of a teenage thing. So the fact that these two girls have these like kind of quirky style that totally works and is super cute when you have the maturity to be able to see it that way versus like, what are you doing wearing like so much color when like everyone else such like jeans.
Speaker 1: Such clueless vibes, And they were like the cool kids.
Speaker 3: Include oh so so cool, But nobody dresses like clueless either, like that out of this world super I mean not right now in two thousand, like the late nineties and two thousands for sure, so that's coming.
Speaker 4: Two little teen.
Speaker 1: This could have been cool in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: I think it's still kind of too much for like the high school kids.
Speaker 1: That like to but it didn't play for me.
Speaker 2: But anyway, But before anything could escalate, here comes Nevea again and her Gangamine girls. She pretends to be surprised running into Gabby in May and quickly deflates her Jaden balloon. As the whole school has now circled around them like you do, Nevea points out that Jayden is in a totally different social radar and she's going with him, her boyfriend for seventeen whole days, to the dance. Everyone seems to know this fact, but the school geniuses who don't know that. Then, just in time, Jade runs over in a rather ballsy move. Nevea makes sure he's asking her to the dance, and though hesitant, he agrees. She rubs it in May's face and Jaden explains his question for her was about quadratic functions. Uh, this is embarrassing and Gabby turned out to be right all along. But as the bully's walking away, May finds the confidence to stand up for herself. She claims she already has a boyfriend anyway. He's a total hot burger and his name is Albert. He's varsity in five sports, a genius and works with endangered orphan animals. When Nevea asks when they can meet this, Albert, May explains he lives in Alaska, and everyone quickly catches on this dude clearly doesn't exist. Nevea laughs it off and walks away with the school day over. Classmates continue to ridicule May about her new boyfriend.
Speaker 1: She has no idea why she.
Speaker 2: Lied, and then May's goofy brother, Bart, who was very funny, rives in his new, unmarked taxi to drive them home.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite line of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: She's like, Hey, my uncle had a car like this, really when when he drove a taxi.
Speaker 1: Now at home, May knows her days are cooked.
Speaker 2: Gabby wonders how they'll pull this off and assumes she'll just have to come clean and be taunted for all of eternity. She thought Jaden was different, but Gabby says he's just like all the rest of the boys.
Speaker 1: But she has an idea.
Speaker 2: What if they invent a better boy, an interactive virtual one. Gabby spent the summer learning how to code, and May's dad creates the coolest video gaming characters in the world, so his software must be off the Jane, So they're gonna hack it into his network and get data for a high deaf boyfriend. They know what's insane, but it's better than letting devea win, so they agree to keep it a secret from May's dad and have a sleepover to work on it. Sabrina, is this the most far fetched decom plot we've seen at this point?
Speaker 3: I at this point what it's almost as far fetched as like the.
Speaker 1: Dad that like we're going with this what's happening?
Speaker 3: But because this is the thing, what I needed was just a little bit more information. Okay, So you're gonna create a online somehow persona to.
Speaker 4: Do what to do?
Speaker 1: To do? What?
Speaker 3: Like to to be able to like respond? Is he gonna be able to call her on the phone somehow do like a facetiming thing. Like I just needed more of like what is the plan besides you're just creating something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for what? I agree one hundred percent, Like for what purpose? Right you do?
Speaker 3: Because it wasn't like what we end up seeing. It wasn't like, oh, he's gonna like like what is he gonna do?
Speaker 4: You're gonna create him to do what?
Speaker 1: Right to do? What?
Speaker 3: That was the only thing like I kind of got stuck here going Okay, I'm not sure what the plan right?
Speaker 2: Like again, you get to you get you go back to something like weird science, which I know is problematic.
Speaker 1: But the two boys, the two teenage boys in the eighties essentially created the most beautiful woman to have sex with her. That was kind of the plot.
Speaker 2: And then the joke and the whole point was when they then had the opportunity, they couldn't They chickened out.
Speaker 1: They couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: They could obviously they can't do that with this story, right. However, why are you creating the fake boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Is it? So? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the things we get to then flood the school's website with emails that have leaked from him about how much he loves me, or we can fake pictures of the two of us together, like what are what's the point?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And how yes, exactly what's the point? And because also like she goes in on while we're doing this, this like big kiss that she wants to do. But it doesn't seem like they're actually trying to actually like weird science. You knew they were trying to create.
Speaker 1: A robot building, right, This was like.
Speaker 4: You're gonna create like a Instagram profile.
Speaker 2: Page, right, It didn't really to be the summer of coating to make a catfish page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it was kind of like not.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure because it we didn't actually say in detail that they're going to go to the extreme to actually try to laboratory make something.
Speaker 1: All right, because they didn't know they were doing They didn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't even know they had.
Speaker 3: Yes, it kind of got a little muffled for me here when I went, okay, wait, and this is the part too that was starting to get long for me because I'm like, I'm not getting any answers, I'm not quite understanding, and I think it's coming soon. But yeah, this is a little bit of a slow, remote part of the movie for me either way.
Speaker 2: Gabby assures her friend it's not like this is a Department Defense issue, and then we get a beautiful pod meets World boy meets World optical flip to the Department of Defense, speeding to a quote unquote secret laboratory, which is the superior gaming building. The general from earlier has arrived and quickly meets up with the doctor from the standoff, who's May's dad. The angry general wants to see what the government has been paying him for, and so we find ourselves in a complex lab with robots and smoking machines. It's the future birthplace of X seventeen, the first ever covert robotic opera. If May's dad gets the go ahead from the president, he will make history. And so with that he gets the thumbs up and the project has truly begun. Back in May's room, Gabby is finding it difficult to hacken to her dad's computer. Everything is protective, but Gabby is still very optimistic about their plans. Albert will not only be three D, but he'll be three delicious. So he'll be three D on the computer.
Speaker 1: I guess that's.
Speaker 4: What I'm thinking. Okay, not three D in person.
Speaker 3: They never make it seem like he's actually gonna be at school with her.
Speaker 2: It's like being sure that pops up at the end where she gets zapped. They think maybe they can interact with the guy somehow. Yeah, so it would have been nice. I'm twenty fourteen. Stuff like, I don't think face time and stuff like that existed. So it did in twenty fourteen. You could FaceTime in twenty fourteen, yes, really, yeah, you could FaceTime twelve years ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh god, I didn't know that there was a face Time was like its own app. It wasn't I think it was like at least at least on the computer or like on like an iPad of some sort. It wasn't necessarily for your phone just yet, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Okay, then they should have explained that weak.
Speaker 2: What we can do is we can use him to he can call you and people can see him and all.
Speaker 1: But they didn't do any of.
Speaker 3: That stuff that they didn't have that, so I was confused, and then I started to go, oh, gosh, yeah, so I don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to keep up the rules. It's the rules, people, the rules.
Speaker 4: The rules. I need them so terribly.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm glad that I've infected you and you need the rules now all the time. It makes me so happy that I've ruined movies for you.
Speaker 2: And just like that, though, if you clicks here, a few taps there, and they are now into their dad's main frame. They connect to Superior Gaming and load everything up for a prototype creation, which I guess is just a coincidence because that's also what May's dad is working on for the government. This is incredible luck, but hey.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 2: So as the girls dig into this makeup of Albert, we see the Superior Gaming Lab is also hard at work.
Speaker 1: This boyfriend will be an American high schooler with a studeley letic build.
Speaker 2: He'll be tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes, and he won't even know how cute he is. He'll also be so polite, he'll almost be Canadian sensitive, brave, honest, and intuitive, the perfect homecoming date for the perfect homecoming kiss. As they input all this data, the dream boy wants a stark white AI robot now starts to be built in real life, and with that, the face of Albert appears on Gabby's screen and he is a honk O maddic.
Speaker 1: I just made that up, but that's what he is. He's a good looking chap.
Speaker 2: He says hello to May and reaches out to hold her hand through the screen as she reciprocates, and actual spark flies from the laptop, throwing her to the ground. And at the Superior Lab, it's time for the final fabrication sequence, so Dude's being built. The girls notice that all the electronics in the house have been blown out, and when Gabby goes to see what happened, she runs into Bart. He knows they've trespassed into his dad's office and says.
Speaker 1: He'll keep their little escapade secret if she goes with him to homecoming.
Speaker 2: And this is now the second time we've noticed that he's got quite a thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, he does. It's cute.
Speaker 1: It's cute. They are a cue couple.
Speaker 2: She says, No calls dances a front for the corsage industry, which was great, But just then May's dad pulls up and Gabby must make an instant decision. She says yes to Bart as fast as you can and then runs back into the office. Back at Superior Gaming, the bill process is complete and we get the famous shot which I knew was coming of the hand coming out of the water. You knew that was going to happen, and the once plastic AI robot has turned into something that looks exactly like a real human being. The prototype sprints out of the lab and right out of the building. At the same time, May's dad walks into the house and is greeted by his son, Bart, who's distracting him from the office since his mom is out of town. He wants to chlaxify and vegetize with some hot tea while his Dad's distracted by smooth jazz and a little water fountain. He doeses off and falls asleep in his recliner. This finally gives Bart some time to see what's going on in the office, which does not look good. This finally gives Bart some time to see what's going on in the office, which does not look good. Gabby explains what they've done, and Bart knows it's bad news, but he'll keep his word and help fix the burnt motherboard. So the next day, when May's dad wakes up from whatever he put in his tee, Bart has stayed up all night working and the girls are just leaving for school, But before the doctor can notice anything is wrong, he gets an emergency call from the military general. There's been an incident at the lab and he has to get their asap and at school. Nevea, which is Serena.
Speaker 3: Evan backwards, although is if it really spelt like this, it's an e v a okay, I just want to make sure that that wasn't like him, that he was being stupid.
Speaker 4: Backwards.
Speaker 2: Nevea still thinks it's a fake profile and dares them to prove it wrong, and just then an orange Lamborghini pulls up, and the hottest dude ever robot Albert in a teal leather jacket, has arrived. He tosses his keys and Jaden catches them like some sort of vala. He announces it's him, and neither Gabby or Nevey I believe what they're seeing.
Speaker 1: Okay, a where did he get the car? Did he just go steal a two hundred and ninety thousand dollars Lamborghini? That's my question. That's one two. They're like, wow, that's him, shocking.
Speaker 2: It was like, don't you think there should have been something bigger for this guy they created on their computers showing up at school in a Lamborghini. Like, to me, it was just kind of like, wow, how did this? I don't know, It just seemed like it should have been something bigger when he shows up.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I mean because again, although there's confusion of what they were expecting this Albert to be, I certainly did not think that they were honestly thinking they were gonna get a real, live form of Albert. So that's where it would be the shock in awe of like like.
Speaker 4: Touching him, like yeah, you're like a real like I can just what's going on right now.
Speaker 2: Neither of the girls should have spoken at all. They should have sat their mouth agape. He should have walked up and done all the talking yes, and been like, I know you're so surprised I'm here. I told you I was coming from Alaska. I know, I told you I was coming tomorrow. Like he should have been so perfect that he literally tell yeah, I knew how to handle what's going on and then pulls her into a hug and whisper it's like play along or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, which he does at some point when he talks about I love and all that and the what is it?
Speaker 4: Uh, the one you know.
Speaker 3: He does do something, But I think it could have leaned into it a little bit more.
Speaker 2: And they miss missed a huge chance of comedy of just the two of them staring at him, mouth agape, not being able to speak, and him like taking over for Hey, I know, I've I freaked out like so many ways to have done it, but this I just didn't think it was a big enough I mean, the guy they invented on their computer just showed up at their at their house or their their school with a three hundred thousand dollars automobile and it's like nobody is saying and they're like, wow, it's him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 4: And also, by.
Speaker 3: The way, this question, and I'm going to get it into Sabrina seas like how old are these two girls supposed to be?
Speaker 2: They said sophomore, So fifteen, and he's supposed to be seventeen, which is why they called it the X seventeen. Okay, I'm convinced that's why I was the X seventeen. So he's supposed to be seventeen, they're supposed to be fifteen. That's my guess anyway, is what I thought because they said sophomores. I think sophomores are fifteen, So I figured he's supposed to be a senior quote unquote and they're supposed to be sophomores.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that didn't That didn't play off to me back much.
Speaker 2: What did you think they were younger and he was older? Okay, gotcha, yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 4: That was like the fact that he had that car.
Speaker 3: Now you go to like a private school, that is very well, like I'm sure in some areas that's what but like I don't understand, say.
Speaker 1: Lamborghini in high school.
Speaker 3: No way, not at three hundred thousand. Do you think that car was really would have been like, well, yeah, the lamps.
Speaker 4: But there are some some schools are like.
Speaker 3: These kids are driving. It's not I don't think it's right. I think it's not my business.
Speaker 4: But very scary to have someone driving that fast of a car.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's also you got if something's just given to you, it's not the same as earning.
Speaker 3: No, But also you always like at least getting a fender bender with your first car.
Speaker 4: Like your first like couple of years.
Speaker 1: You crashed you first car. Did you get into a fender bender?
Speaker 4: Did you my first car within like months?
Speaker 1: Did you really?
Speaker 3: But it wasn't like I was driving fast. I was in the line and I I was on a hill. We were in the line going to the busy street going to my school, my high school, and I sneezed and my foot went off the break and I legitimately rolled.
Speaker 4: Into the car in front of me.
Speaker 1: Sneezing accident.
Speaker 3: Yes, And the the it was a like a Forerunner and it had one of those like bulb things.
Speaker 4: It was like hitch trailer things.
Speaker 3: And I had a Mustang and it went just I mean right up the airbags went on.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, your first car was a Mustang.
Speaker 4: Yes, we've talked about this. I know, I know. I was so lucky. I loved that first car, and I.
Speaker 1: Still have my I still have my first car.
Speaker 4: I reged. Go god, within months, within months, within months.
Speaker 1: Yeh, no, I still have My.
Speaker 4: Kids are not getting a brand car.
Speaker 1: My eighty six Silica still have it?
Speaker 4: Any cool?
Speaker 2: Yes, so they can't believe what they're seeing. Albert walks right up to me and says hi. He says his dad got transferred from Washington, d C. And calls nevea friend number eighty two. He has a very immature mechanical quality to him and says he's not dating May It's more than dating.
Speaker 1: She's the one. It's like being alive for the first time.
Speaker 2: With that, the entire female student body is enamored with him and wants to take him to the registrar's office to check in. Sabrina, I ask you this all the time. Is this the guy that would have been on your wall?
Speaker 3: You've now met Jordan, and definitely, Jordan looks a lot more like this guy than like.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, okay, yeah, this is I can I can get even I was like, ooh, dreamy, like.
Speaker 4: Dreamy, yes, dreamy.
Speaker 3: I definitely looked older, had more of an older I feel like he did.
Speaker 4: He looked like he was like.
Speaker 3: Probably early twenties, Like he had a different bill. He had a gorgeous smile, his eyes were incredible.
Speaker 4: I mean, like this kid, there was no reason he looked like baby Jordan to me.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 4: I was like, ah, I get it, girls, I get it. I didn't resisted either.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love that. Yeah he did, he did.
Speaker 4: But that's not who I dated in high school though.
Speaker 1: Now, did you more dated the quarterback like Jordan?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, between the two girls, I think the ones I dated in high school were more like none of them because I didn't date in high school because no one liked me.
Speaker 1: Uh, which is true with.
Speaker 2: That, By the way, the entire female student body has enamored with him. They wanted to take him to the registrar's office to check in. Now alone, man, Gabby don't know what to do because yeah, they created someone over at Superior Gaming. May's dad has arrived and has no idea who broke in the general explains this wasn't a break in.
Speaker 1: It was an escape.
Speaker 2: Someone hacked into the servers and assembled the first ever X seventeen. As scary as that sounds, May's dad is actually thrilled it worked. He officially made an android, but the prototype is now at large and this is a national emergency. At school, of course, Albert is a hit, students cling to him as he poetically talks about snowboarding and takes off.
Speaker 1: His jacket to expose his muscles.
Speaker 2: All the girls are very impressed with how he evolved, and boy boy he is. Gabby is very concerned, but May is just excited to be escorted to class by her new boyfriend. And as far as the investigation, even though the General is no closer to finding the X seventeen, it may be designed a little bit too well. An assistant to the General, Jenks, says, a woman walking her dog caught a glimpse and said he was super cute, Candy sugary in the eye holes and the honorary mayor of Honky Town, of course, And with that we get a montage to some pop rap.
Speaker 1: It's Albert's first day at school. He saves a frog from dissection holds.
Speaker 2: By the way, okay, did you dissect frogs.
Speaker 1: But did you did you dissect frogs? And high he did? He did give you that you had to kill?
Speaker 3: No, of course, now they were dead frogs that smelt of whatever stuff.
Speaker 4: For Maude hide that you have to keep in. They were so gross.
Speaker 3: I felt like I stunk for days after it. So does even seem this and like I loved it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the idea that they in this school, they had you a live frog and you first have to kill it.
Speaker 4: Did you imagine? So ridiculous?
Speaker 2: There the frogs are dead people. They and you a live frog and make you murder it.
Speaker 4: Even still, you know, I'm not into reptails, not.
Speaker 3: Even a little bit, right, like, not even a little think that. No, But then he goes and like lets it go, and then gets up and grabs her hand. Now I don't care what this guy looks like. If he is the dream machine, I am not touching his hand after he was just hanging out holding a frog. No, nope, get your hand away from me, Go wash your hands.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, sir, You're probably not such a whole lot of boy's hands.
Speaker 1: Then, oh god, no, no, anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh, they first he stopped them from murdering the frog in class, which happens uh. He then holds He then holds May's hand with his nasty which Sabrina we liked. At lunch, in a romantic picnic on the football field with a violinist, he paints a beautiful portrait of her an art class and reads pride and prejudice in seconds. And then in the library, Gaby she now has it all figured out.
Speaker 1: She thinks Albert is a viral marketing campaign from Superior Gaming. He's just an actor made up to look like.
Speaker 2: He's just an actor made up to look like what she made online, which.
Speaker 1: Again not the worst theory. But he stands strong.
Speaker 2: He's Albert from Alaska, and he will do anything to make May happy. But Gabby thinks he's too perfect, and when he leaves May he will be crushed and she will be left to pick up the pieces. He swears he's not an actor and he won't leave until his mission is complete. They will have the perfect kiss at homecoming during the moonlight dance, and.
Speaker 1: That's when Bart calls.
Speaker 2: He tells Gabby the computer is wrecked and he's seen this perfect new boy at school on May's photo feed. He's freaked out and says it will tear the fabric of space and time. He needs to fix the computer to figure for this all out, and Gabby helps him with some ideas of how to make that happen. On the football field, however, Albert is breaking all of Jade push up records. The coach is very impressed with his perfect two hundred yard spiral and immediately recruits him to the football team. Gabyan May notice from afar, of course, and though May is impressed, Gabby calls the whole thing unpossible. Albert notices May and runs off the field to see her, and while nevea sprita which is heaven backwards, it which is like now is becoming suspicious and Jaden is getting jealous. At the end of the school day, May runs off to Albert's orange sports car, but is intercepted by Jaden, wondering if they have tutoring today.
Speaker 1: But she's spaced.
Speaker 2: She promised Albert she'd show him around as a new couple speeds off. We also noticed that his personalized license plate is miausers, which A is too many letters.
Speaker 4: And also what the standing.
Speaker 1: At they have I know is that suppost is that like A?
Speaker 2: Is that like a cool like miouser like he's so cute, but why would he put that on his own license plate?
Speaker 4: Did he get his own license plate? I was still confused.
Speaker 2: On my guess, are so very rich cat lady somewhere who was robbed?
Speaker 1: And probably we're.
Speaker 4: Going on another sidebar story. Oh my god, I can't take it. No, we gotta keep.
Speaker 1: Understanding what's happening. So miausers because he's cat delicious.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because he's gatlicious.
Speaker 2: Now at the park, Albert and May walk around a fountain with Gabby trailing very close behind, sneezing from pollen.
Speaker 1: Again, she's there if she wasn't in the car, but she's there. It's a two seater.
Speaker 2: Albert has an important question, so May finally asked for a moment alone, Thank you, Gabby, Maybe step back a bit now without Gabby. He asked made a homecoming.
Speaker 1: But surprisingly she says no.
Speaker 2: He can ask anyone at school and no one really sees her like this, So why would anyone? Because she's insanely cute, smart and funny, so no one looks at her. So sure, May runs over to Gabby, who's still sneezing and concerned. This is all going too fast. Gabby quickly gets hit with an eppie. I'm kidding, because she just seemed to be sneezing a lot.
Speaker 1: The girls are supposed to be a team.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to study, graduate early, go to Harvard, become millionaires with Nobel prizes, and then get elected president and vice president.
Speaker 1: This boy is going to change everything.
Speaker 2: But May calls Albert the best thing that's ever happened to her, and then he starts playing the ukulele and singing her a love song.
Speaker 1: Fine get it. He's supposed to be perfect.
Speaker 2: He has perfect pitch, like a hot Jason Moraz with out the stupid hat, and everyone loves it. And then May joins in on the song and knows all the words and they're perfectly singing together. And this is where I got up and walked away for a little while. I was like, please don't turn into a musical. Please don't turn into a musical. The crowd has gathered for the duet, apparently, and she finally says yes to the proposal.
Speaker 1: What did you think about?
Speaker 2: I get him breaking in the song. He's supposed to be the perfect girlfriend. It's supposed to be like the prom Asque totally understand, picks up ukulele. He's a great singer. I get that sold, not a problem. Yes, she joins him, and now it's a duet.
Speaker 3: The song was very like it wasn't actual. I'm trying to look at my notes right here, because it was a song that I love you like a love song baby. So it wasn't like she couldn't have joined in like.
Speaker 1: Your own ask you're going to join in for him?
Speaker 3: As it would have been better to have some of the other like patrons that are there too in the dark and do like a kind.
Speaker 1: Of flash mobs.
Speaker 3: Flash mobs, Yes, something like that would have been a little bit, a little bit more, something easier to grasp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that was that was not good.
Speaker 2: May's phone rings and it's Barre again, who has grown very paranoid. He fixed a computer, but now he knows too much. He tells her to get to their house asap, and over its superior Games, Jenks reports the situation as escalated. Black Sigma, a very dangerous international arms dealer, is after X seventeen, and that's when the doctor figures it out. There is another copy of the soft at his house, and then we see forty minutes into the movie or thirty five minutes in the movie.
Speaker 4: Tee, we'orth fifty. I made a note of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, now there's a new kind of sub twist where okay, we see Black Sigma hiding a cleaning van outside of Superior Games. They've been planning on stealing the X seventeen for months, but someone has beat them to it, so they're forced to find him on the outside. Gabby finally makes it to Bart, who's in full panic mode. He realizes his dad isn't a video game designer, he's actually working with the Pentagon. Gabby also figures out the truth about Albert. He's a highly mobile robot soldier and she set him up with her best friend. This is terrible, but things get even worse when Black Sigma arrives kicking in the office door. That was very fast. They're quite the force apparently, yes, they waited for this many months to steal the robot. But then we're able to get to the house into sorry side is me thinking apologies? The thugs jump on the computer and learn all about Albert and his mission titled Homecoming. Now with the info they need, they steal the files and destroy the motherboard again just before the military humvies arrive and walk into the pulverized results. The doctors scared his kids were home during the attack, but instead he finds his son and Gabby just studying in the living room. They explained, and I like how they both had headphones on, so it's like, wow, we didn't hear anything at least that made sense.
Speaker 1: It's like they, let's figure out a way to make it seem like we didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: They explained that May is out with a totally real boy and swear they didn't notice any breaking. Bart's dad continues to pretend he's just a normal video game designer, while Bart lays it on thick about how much he hates lying, which this was my favorite part of the favorite scene of him.
Speaker 1: Just like kind of yelling at his dad about because no one likes flyers and stuff like. It was very funny.
Speaker 2: Also hilariously, the black Sigma cleaning van is still parked outside May's house, something that should be easily detected by the US military, but is completely missed. As a result, the bad guy spot Gabby and Bart leaving the taxi and decide to follow them to the high school.
Speaker 1: Pre party pep rally. Oh say that three times?
Speaker 2: Fast School's pre party pep rally, Pre party pep rally, pre party pep rally, where Albert and.
Speaker 1: May just arrived. Give me one see if you can do it?
Speaker 4: Pre party pep Rally.
Speaker 1: Nice. We're good. We should do this for a living. We're good now. The girls at school.
Speaker 2: Want Gabby to find them perfect boyfriends too. Again taken straight from a weird science where Robert Downey Junior and his friend want them to have a girl built for them as well, but they are much bigger fish to fry. Albert has spotted Black Sigma and knows they're after him. He sneaks behind one of the henchmen, takes the bottle out of his hand, smashes it, and uses.
Speaker 1: The broken glass to slit his throat Erminator two style, I'm kidding? Is everyone still with Meky?
Speaker 2: He finds them Terminator style and punches them through the wall, and while her boyfriend is off, Duley and Gabby confronts May about Albert being a military super soldier without actually telling her what she needs to know. If you watch the scene again, She's like, make saying all these things that aren't actually saying we built him on the computer. He's a fake robot, Like that's all you need to say. Yeah, doesn't actually.
Speaker 3: Kind of your dad is not a like this, like say it faster. Come on, Gabby, we.
Speaker 4: Help your friend here.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be a genius exactly. But May isn't hearing it.
Speaker 2: She's in love and believes Albert feels the same way about her, But Gabby explains it's impossible for a robot to feel love, and she doesn't say robots, she just says it impossible for him to feel love, forcing the best friends into an argument. Gabby begs Made to trust her and end things with Albert by just looking him in his eyes and saying, initiate self destruct. But it ain't gonna happen. She's head over heels, so May walks away with their friendship hanging in the balance.
Speaker 1: Now it's not the big football game, because all of.
Speaker 4: A sudden, there's a football game.
Speaker 3: No one's talked about it except for we've seen one practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we knew about homecoming, but they don't talk about the homecoming.
Speaker 3: Game the game right right, that's not then I'm like literally this when they pulled me out of my Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: We care about a game.
Speaker 3: I had no idea there was something. There's no nothing really on the line except for winning the homecoming game either.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't really matter because they talk about the fact that they they haven't really beat this team, so it's not like this is an important game for the season.
Speaker 1: They make it seem like it's just nothing right.
Speaker 3: And the only time you even get what kind of team this is is from that.
Speaker 4: Very quick clip with the coach that.
Speaker 3: The coach doesn't even seem like he really knows how to coach, and the kids don't seem like they know what they're really doing.
Speaker 4: Either, like yeah, no, it happened so fast, and you're going.
Speaker 1: It was weird it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway, the cheerleaders are in full cheer mode, led by Nevea Backwards are having who is still politicking for homecoming Queen Home. The home team Eagles are currently down by twenty five points when the Black Sigma guys arrive, remember them to find their one defeated teammate, who reveals that X seventeen can sense their presence. They know they'll need an electro pulse device to shut down ex seventeen himself, and that's when they'll grab him. At the game, Gabby and may have fully split up, sitting nowhere near each other. Meanwhile, one of the players is injured. They need a second string running back, and that's when the coach spots Alaska in the stands and tells him to suit up, like you do. Guy's never taken a snap, never been in practice, never knows what's going on.
Speaker 1: But hey, he can.
Speaker 4: Just looks big and bookie.
Speaker 2: Like I also threw the ball once, so of course we're gonna make him a running back. What Albert takes off his shirt in the stands like you do. By the way, if I look like this, dude, I'd never wear a shirt and the girls love what they see.
Speaker 1: One classmate even faints.
Speaker 4: Again. This was remember how I felt about this in cow Bells.
Speaker 3: I felt the same way, like when you would never get a girl to like drop down into a bikini and the guy.
Speaker 4: Sit there and like just got her.
Speaker 3: Right, like never, never, never, But why is that a okay with him? He takes off his shirt and the girls are literally this close to him.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, just staring at his man nipples and it's like, geez, yeah, exactly. Gabby knows this is a problem and rushes into the huddle to try to stop Albert. May joins in two, eventually followed by Nieva Neva min event by Heaven and I mean, I'm just gonna keep saying Heaven, and then if we could.
Speaker 1: Just reverse the audio, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: It just wants this homecoming game to go off without a hitch so she can be the queen. The referee calls a delay of game and the girls return to the sideline as the audience throws empty cups at them.
Speaker 1: And then another montage. You know I love a montage.
Speaker 2: Albert is a super human football player, scoring touchdown after touchdown like some sort of mechanical NFL cyborg.
Speaker 1: The crowd loves it.
Speaker 2: But back at May's house, the military and police are trying to figure out who broke in, but the local police are very preoccupied with the score of the local high school game.
Speaker 1: They can't believe the Eagles are coming back.
Speaker 2: They check their phones for video and spot the new student, a modified beast, and that's when the doctor figures it out. This new football star is the X seventeen and full Assaul and he also notices this robot is dating his daughter uh Oh. Back at the game, there are five seconds left and Eagles have the ball down by just five They could win this thing. Jaden and Albert are ready to take the field when the coach has an idea, just give the ball to Albert. Navea tries to still get the crowd to chant for Jaden, but everyone knows this is Albert's night. As the team leaves their huddle, Black Sigma is also prepared for the next move with the blocker jade Yelle's hike, and Albert absolutely crushes any defender in his path well on his way to a touchdown. He then, in some very bad CGI, carries four opposing players along with him across the end zone, scoring.
Speaker 1: The bad it was bad and winning the game.
Speaker 2: But just as he celebrates, Sigma initiates their machine and short circuits the star player, exploding the stadium lights the hum Vidi speed in as high school students run off in every direction, and we recognize this from the beginning of the movie. While fleeing, Gabby explains to May who her dad really is and that Albert is a deadly weapon. Hey, maybe tell me that before the game. Everyone is after him. It's all their fault. Unfortunately, Naveda, who was once again within earshot, heard the conversation these girls need to learn how to whisper. And at the same time, Black Sigma are finally surrounded by the military and handcuff.
Speaker 1: They're caught. Leave me to wonder, why are they in this movie? What? What did they do in this movie? Who? Oh yeah, yes, handcuffed? Why are they here? What was the point of this entire storyline?
Speaker 3: All they did was make him glitch. But they didn't even need to make him glitch because the military came in right as that happened.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you cut out this entire storyline, the movie would not have changed at all.
Speaker 1: Right, they literally did nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like, what what the hell were they there for.
Speaker 1: Rest for?
Speaker 3: They like what upped the ante on the fact that the military had lost this thing? Because now, yeah, I mean, unless they I think the only thing that would have made sense a little bit is if, like maybe the the brother and Gabby got like kidnapped from them they came home obvious that they also now have taken his children and another friend like something like that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, they.
Speaker 3: Really didn't need because they didn't cause much chaos except for ruining the motherboard at the house.
Speaker 1: They showed they they used the scene to show how good a fighter he was, Yes, that and that, and then to short circuit him, which didn't even short circuit him.
Speaker 2: So yeah, none of it made any sense. Whatso it literally completely and totally pointless storyline in this film. Right and now Gabby and May are hiding taking their spots from the first few minutes of How to Build a Better Boy. The General in May's dad arrived to demand they forfeit, and so the girls give themselves up we saw at the beginning. Now in custody they're taking a superior games and lectured about their incredibly careless actions. But the general knows their intentions were romantic. They're not in need of a high tech war machine, and so they were free to go. The X seventeen is no longer their concern since he's been rebooted. His mission is back on track. Now this is the same day, and yet in that day, he's helping freedom fighters, he's building schools, and leading a team of mind sniffing dolphins all in one day. He is the property of the US Army now, and in exchange for her freedom, May is never to speak.
Speaker 1: About any of this to anyone.
Speaker 2: She has now abandoned her love and returned to her regular, lonely, desperate, nerdy life, where she's an awful human being, like the dirt under everybody's shoe.
Speaker 1: You could tell just by looking at this gorgeous girl.
Speaker 2: All's fair in love and war, two things. Jenks admits she's never seen action in. Gabby thinks it's all over, but May isn't convinced. She knows Albert will come to his senses and remember her. She's going to homecoming in case he shows up. He's more than microchips and wires. He's magic.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Gabby says there's an equation for everything and no such thing as magic, and May doesn't care. And so now it's homecoming day and Albert is still missing. May is driven to the Paris theme danced by her dad. Now, at first I thought it was odd that it was daytime outside, which seems like wrong for the school dance.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, well, wait, maybe it's closer to the summer.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, wait, it's homecoming, which is usually done right around holiday.
Speaker 1: So it should have been dark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it definitely should yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I think homecoming is like right around Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Although yeah, it's in October usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they did set it like they they do meet outside like they did, because I was thinking the same thing, like this doesn't make sense time wise during.
Speaker 4: The day, but they did. You could see kids.
Speaker 3: In the background, like getting there early to take pictures like that, which is a common thing to do. You go somewhere a park or a person's house to take pictures like that. Seem like that's what they were doing before they entered.
Speaker 2: The dance, dating a robot they built on her computer. So I'm going to let it slide that it should.
Speaker 4: Have make I think, out of all the details that are a little far bad.
Speaker 1: I agree the easiest agree. Hey is clearly.
Speaker 2: Disappointed to be there alone, but her dad swears a girl as brilliant and beautiful as she is will still have a special night with or without X seventeen, and so she takes her spot on the steps, waiting for her date, watching as Navea and Jaden pull up, and just as she's about to quit, a limo arrives and outsteps Albert he made it after all.
Speaker 1: May's dad can't believe what he's seeing.
Speaker 2: Albert apologizes for being late, and the couple walk into the dance, but unfortunately, the Humvies are also ready to party. The General knew his mission would lead him to homecoming, but couldn't let May know or she would have warned Albert. And now they're ready to take out the X seventeen. May's dad steps in. They can't do this. If the military attacks Albert, he'll fight back with full force. This will be World war with his daughter right in the middle of the action. He promises, if they let Albert finish his mission, he will retreat peacefully. So let the robot kiss his daughter.
Speaker 1: If they ruin it.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm gonna say it again, So let the robot kiss his daughter. If they ruin May's night, the doctor will quit and never deliver a robot to the US ever again. Even the X thirty six wounds just like a guy, he doesn't want to get off his couch. I remember me as at thirty six. I'm like, I'm not going to save the world. The General says, the army will make sure the kiss happens and instructs the battalion to follow Operation puck Her Up. Inside the dance, Neveya is already furious at all the attention May and Albert are getting. Jaden tries to stand up for May, but Nevea is stead set on ruining the night for her rival. Gabby is also very mad at Albert. He had to show up, didn't he, But Albert tells her you can't know everything that's gonna happen. Meanwhile, all of Nevea's popular meeting girl pals have switched sides. Theyre now minions of May, calling themselves May Flowers and wearing polka dot dresses just like hers. May is as popular as she always dreamt of, but nothing feels right. Operation puck Her Up is in full swing, with Jenks pretending to be a student. Nevea is ready to accept her homecoming crown and expose Albert, but Jaden has seen enough of her evil ways and dumps her right there on the spot. Good for you, Jaden. Finally, then, when the principal takes the mic to announce that he's giving out free ballroom lessons, but it's also time to announce the queen, the winner is May heart Le Nevea is devastated, Bart is shocked, and May's dad is emotional, but that he learns the army actually stuffed the ballot box. As May accepts, Nava rushes to stage. She calls the results unacceptable and reveals Albert is a machine. For a few seconds, everyone is confused until Jayden steps up like a good bro and praises Albert's work on the football field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, your machine, and the crowd loves it.
Speaker 2: Navea tries to clarify herself by calling him dangerous, but everyone just returns to dancing. Of course, not everyone is happy. Jaden knows he messed up with May. She's special and that's why Albert asked her to the dance. He tells Gabby that he wanted to ask me to the dance but didn't have the guts, and then Gabby realizes she was wrong about Jaden.
Speaker 1: He did like me the whole time.
Speaker 2: On stage, May sees herself in the crown and knows her dream and the Moonlight Dance is closer than ever. Although she never ever once dreamed of being the homecoming queen never mentioned in the entire movie, didn't care about that even slightly, but instead of running to Albert, she retreats to the corner of a gym. Gabby and May reunite because something is clearly bothering the newly crowned Queen Gabby.
Speaker 1: He apologizes for all of her actions. I didn't understand why Gabby was apologizing. Okay, I get that.
Speaker 2: She says she held her back and she shouldn't have said that Jayden didn't like her and boys got in the way.
Speaker 1: But also the second this dude entered her.
Speaker 2: Life, May ditched her friend and wouldn't listen to her. And he's a killer, and it's like, I'm going with him.
Speaker 1: I never knew you.
Speaker 2: She was clearly jealous and holding back her best friend. She never should have said Jaden was out of her league. True, they were an unstoppable team, but May is also great on her own. Also true, maybe a school dance or a boyfriend isn't Gabby's thing, but if that makes me happy, then that's what she wants for her. They hug just as the Moonlight Dance starts and May didn't apologize back at all. A slow jam begins and May makes her way into the romantic gym all orchestrated by the US military Queen May and Albert make their way to the dance floor and embrace. She buries her head into his chest, and even the General and Jenks are mesmerized by the love, so much so that Jenks is distracted and starts to emit too much win from the fans. This force is Gabby. He realized the army is at the dance and ready to grab Albert. Instead of jumping in to save the day, though, Gabby decides to let May.
Speaker 1: Take care of herself.
Speaker 2: You're still laughing about Prince Albert, aren't you okay?
Speaker 1: I knew you were.
Speaker 2: I can tell by the red May scans the gym and justice she's about to kiss Albert.
Speaker 1: She pulls away. She can't.
Speaker 2: The army doesn't know what to do. May says, the whole thing just feels off. She invented him because a boy didn't like her, and she wasn't brave enough to know that if a boy doesn't like her for being herself, then it's not her fault. She wants her first kiss to be real. Albert calls her incredible, noting that she's doing something he can never do.
Speaker 1: Change.
Speaker 2: He points out the soldiers, and she realizes he knew they were coming all along, and he came to dance anyway. His mission was to make sure it was her best night ever, and now his mission is complete that on command. She looks into his eyes and says, initiates self destruct.
Speaker 1: He says goodbye and becomes an electrical ball.
Speaker 2: A storm hits inside the gym, and Neveah continues to blame the government, which technically is not conspiracy theory because it's true. The students run off in all directions as Albert burst through the ceiling and speeds off into space. Now in total silence, the students are confused. Bart jumps in, asking for a round of applause for the school principle and his awesome special effects. Everyone goes with it and returns to dancing, which doesn't make any sense at all. Jaden then tells May that the line of smoke Albert left behind is a perfect logarithmic curve, exposing that he's actually pretty good at math. So then he faked spelling things wrong.
Speaker 3: Just because he's good at math doesn't mean he's a good speller.
Speaker 2: Really, he knows what a perfect lagorrhythmic curve is, but he can't spell what was like here or something. They're like basic words with a cue. He was just pretending to need help because he liked his tutor. He asked her to dance, and she surprisingly says go herself. Actually, she says maybe later. When Gaby arrives, May lets her know no boy is more important than their friendship, and then Gabby breaks some real news what if her new boyfriend is related to her best friend? We see Bart having the time of his life, and Gabby admits that even though boys are a distraction, they're a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: The girls go back.
Speaker 2: To dancing, admitting you can meet a boy and change the world at the same time. And then we get our end credits with some improp lives from Bart also known as actor Matt Shiveley, who is very funny dancing alongside Gabby.
Speaker 1: And that's our movie, Sobrino, let's do some real reviews.
Speaker 4: All right, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: You got five a star.
Speaker 3: I've got a five star from Rosanna bodaf Go your five star says I like to watch tech Genius's unwittedly huse emilitary software to program a robotic boyfriend.
Speaker 1: That is very specific, Yes, very specific?
Speaker 4: Do you see that often? I?
Speaker 1: Know apparently not.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: I have the one star review and it's from Silent Guardian. One. I whispered it because that's being silent.
Speaker 2: I guarantee if the title was how to Build a Better Girl, there would be an outrage. As a guy, I find the very title and concept of this movie offensive. There are a lot of guys who try our best to make the women in our life happy, who actually care.
Speaker 1: A movie basically outlining an ideology of how.
Speaker 2: Men quote should unquote be able to make them quote better unquote could really hurt the self esteem of young men who are trying their best.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't recommend this movie to anybody. One star? Okay, wow a lot.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on there that Silent Guardian meets it and might need to work out. I don't disagree with the fact that if the Disney would never make How to Make a Better Girl?
Speaker 1: No, not not nowadays, but hey, they made those in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's time that the ladies get to make a better guy movie. I wasn't offended, and I'm a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Here's our feature program of the game, or our game, our feature of the week. That's Sabrina's favorite park. Who are we playing with today?
Speaker 4: By the way, you got Mikayla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna lose.
Speaker 2: Take me to your Leader is what it's called to celebrate the presence of Prince Albert. Because I got to say it again, a robot disguise as a hot human schooler. We thought we could reference some other famous human bots from pop culture that were also Penis piercings.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding that.
Speaker 2: Will list as an So we're gonna list an actor and a movie and you have to guess from a multiple choice list, what's the robot's name? Okay, we already know Marshall Williams from How to Build a Better Boy was at X seventeen or Albert, so three out of five wins, So here we go.
Speaker 1: Number one Haley Joe osmon in.
Speaker 2: AI A Ricky. Oh, I should probably say what they are? Is an A Ricky B, Stephen C David or D Timmy. I don't know any of these, do you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go and be Stephen A Ricky. It is C Daavid.
Speaker 2: Number two Alicia Vickender or Vacander or vacand or in ex Machina never seen that either. Is it a Ava B Susan see Kittra or D Rochelle.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go a Ava.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do a ava ava?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got one? Oh? Oh what I'm gonna know? Number three Sean Young and Blade Runner. Finally? Is it A Dina B Rachel, ce Sonya or d Erica.
Speaker 2: H?
Speaker 4: D Erica?
Speaker 1: Uh it's B Rachel. I think yes, you're correct, all right, B Rachel. Number four Yule Brenner in Westworld.
Speaker 2: Is it A the Cowboy, be the Gunslinger, See the Sheriff or D Derek.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna go with D Derek.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say see the Sheriff. Four? Is B the gun Slinger?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: I need this last one to win because I agree? Right done? Yeah, all right, here we go. Five? Oh, I know what this is?
Speaker 2: Weirdly one of my favorite movies. People hate it, and for some reason I liked it. Number five Robin Williams and Bi Centennial Man. Is it a Phil Grant, B. Dan Garrett, C Jeff Hamilton or d Andrew Martin.
Speaker 4: B Dan Garrett?
Speaker 1: It was d Andrew Martin.
Speaker 4: Damn, I said, Will is correct.
Speaker 1: I actually want to.
Speaker 2: Can we do a Sabrina sees.
Speaker 3: We can now I've given quite a bit again the age, the age of this movie, I think because of what and maybe just because it I feel like and.
Speaker 4: I thought about it.
Speaker 3: We've said it a little bit around the other ones too. I think because it comes with like the robot aspect, you really it gets far fetched kind of fast, so you kind of have to be able to like le let go of a lot of like what that's incredible, that's like just not not nor more whatever. So I kept going, like, what's the age demo of this movie? I'm trying to think of who they're targeting. So that kind of was something that just it. It's throughout many times of my my Sabrina sees as I'm watching.
Speaker 4: I also.
Speaker 3: Something about and now and I when you mentioned the the location of this is in Toronto, and it was at like a college of some sort. This every aspect of that we saw within the school didn't That was another thing. It didn't look like a high school to me. It looked like a college, like even so much as like the the hallways of it looked like okay, and then you jump out to like the track. The track had three little steps onto it, like they're where they played where the scene happens with her and Neveda calling out and Albert is the first time we're talking about this may up person. That didn't look like a high school track to me at all. Looked like a very much like a college like USC's college track kind of looks like that. Then when we go to the football game, the end zone was like in the middle. You know, I'm assuming because it wasn't out like a like a real high.
Speaker 1: School because that's Canadian football.
Speaker 2: They shot this in Canada, and the the actual field goal is at a different spot in a Canadian football field.
Speaker 3: If you're making up all of this on the spot, I'm gonna be so.
Speaker 1: A watch to get ready to go.
Speaker 2: Currently, field goal posts on a Canadian Football League or Canadian football are on the goal line at the front of the end zone.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Swear to god, it's it's it's it's different with the with Canadian football. They they obviously shot it on a Canadian football field.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, then that that answers that question, because I'm kind of like, this school just doesn't add up to being like a high school for me, which again was like already in the things of like both of the girls to me seemed aged down pretty like or not not. I guess aged up then because the actress themselves played a little bit or seemed a lot younger than what they were supposed to be playing. Especially again it came up again when she just jumps into this like car, didn't have to call her dad, didn't have to seem like she had permission, but like after school just like gets in this kid's like Lamborghini and like drives off all that stuff. Just didn't like you'd have to be like in like your senior year. I would think, you know, like for that to all be kind of normal. Anyway, moving on, let me see, I had quite a bit of them that I'm gonna move past.
Speaker 4: The ukulele part was just so funny to me, and I know you can't. I was like cracking up, like, oh my god, him in this ukulele. I don't love ukuleles. For some reason.
Speaker 3: I wish she would have picked up a regular size guitar or just saying yes yeah, just singing yes, yes, yes, okay. Another thing you didn't even mention how weird and random was it when the girls joined the boys in the huddle on the football field.
Speaker 2: I know they were trying. It was a comedy thing. I know what they were going for it. Yeah, it didn't really work.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The next thing, there was a couple of funny like quotes that happened.
Speaker 4: It was all's fair in love and war.
Speaker 3: And then I wouldn't know, sir, I've never seen action in either.
Speaker 1: Poor thing.
Speaker 4: And she was a beautiful Yeah, she was a gorgeous woman.
Speaker 3: Her character was was a funny little edition like she just brought in like and then her like love story. I loved this character. I forget what her name was, Banks, Janks. Janks was a funny character to me. They gave her just enough to be like, oh, you know, like just kind of fun, you know. Then her having like this like random little chemistry moment with the principle at the end.
Speaker 4: I liked her a lot with that. And then.
Speaker 3: Max with the Girl was also another offsetting like little and it was the General.
Speaker 4: That says it, yeah, Max with the girl.
Speaker 1: He's gonna kN her.
Speaker 3: Knocking on the girl was from the General saying that the whole idea we went through it kind of funny.
Speaker 4: But the dad, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: It just it's weird where the army was trying to get this robot to make out with this.
Speaker 3: Girl so much that I said, at some point during the movie, and and you know, it's not a big harp that we need to make on it, but at some point if you stop and think, this army has a whole bunch of cameras set up waiting now.
Speaker 4: This kiss, and it was.
Speaker 3: Just seeming kind of crazy. And then this was my favorite one. This is the last one. I don't get two shakes of a blind dogs.
Speaker 4: C I was laughing out loud. This is towards the end of the movie.
Speaker 3: He goes, I don't give two shakes of a blind donkey's tail.
Speaker 4: What may wants?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good line.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a two shakes of a blind donkey's tail.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a good one.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: And that's it all right.
Speaker 2: Well, now we come to the portion of our program where we're gonna rate the film.
Speaker 1: We just saw.
Speaker 3: One a ten, one to ten, and I believe you're first this time, am I.
Speaker 2: Well, let's make ten the biggest, okay, And here are options this week. One out of ten, Third Wheel, gabbyes Hot Burgers one out of ten off the chain software, polite Canadians, g laxified and vegetized hot tea, Honky towns, one out of ten miousers mine sniffing dolphins, or one out of ten daytime school dances.
Speaker 1: I think I picked, don't I this week? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, you get to pick, and you get to go, and I go first.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna do one out of ten miausers because I still didn't understand what that was.
Speaker 2: Uh So that's what we're gonna do. Okay, I get what they were going for this movie. It's like I said, the two girls who starred in it great the wardrobe made no sense the fact that they were two really intelligent, gorgeous girls who were still nerds, and nobody got and nobody.
Speaker 1: Looked at no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 2: This is like almost the most extreme version of like, these girls really have no friends and nobody wants to talk to them.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? It so that bothered me.
Speaker 2: I get it's to trope, and I get I'm supposed to let it go, but I can't just throw on a pair of glasses and Clark kent everybody all the time. I'm sorry, I just can't do it, dress them down, dress them weird, make them goth, do something that's so different and out there that it's crazy pants and didn't do it for me.
Speaker 1: It also needed to rewrite the whole thing.
Speaker 2: About like the Black Villin's coming whatever, the Black Saber or whatever they were called. Literally pointless of the entire movie looked great.
Speaker 1: Uh. The again, acting was good.
Speaker 2: And parts of it were funny. Matt Shiveley was very funny. I thought the Dad was very funny. Some of the janks was very funny.
Speaker 4: I love the military guy.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yes, I had no problem with any.
Speaker 4: Characters were good.
Speaker 2: Characters were good, needed a big rewrite. Because of that, I am going with and I think this is fair.
Speaker 1: I really do. I am going with six point five miausers for this movie.
Speaker 3: So for me again, we talked about I've already mentioned like my first thoughts were just like it got grabbed my attention right from the start. Again, we had not seen something like this, and then it just like quickly mellowed out and started to drag in the.
Speaker 4: Front end of it.
Speaker 3: Once I had to kind of stop and go okay, And I remember this with Pixel Perfect, and I remember like when it starts to get a little bit more techy, you kind of have to let yourself lean in a little bit more. Once I got in a better mind frame and that, But that wasn't until almost threw twenty minutes in that I finally let things go and I kind of let it happen. I saw that the girls, I got over the I loved their wardrobe. I thought they were so cute. I was like enamored with their wardrobe for sure, And then the button of the girls picking up and wanting to emulate their wardrobe made all of that later on okay for me, Like I kind of was like, okay, so I see it, like they were just kind of quirky and different and you know, more brainiacs or whatever. I kind of eventually let that go. Then I lost it a little. But at the end, when no one cared that this like unbelievably adds after this, you know, the whole school has just thought this guy was just the epic, unbelievable godsend boy who is good looking, who drives the car, who now saves the day at the homecoming game, like all now he's prince like and then he just.
Speaker 4: Like bursts out of the ceiling and they just are like.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks principle for like the like that's when I went's over.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So that like.
Speaker 3: It bumped it up a lot, and then it kind of fizzled down. It kind of settled on a seven, like a solid seven Miausers for me, I think for this movie in particular, it did demo down in the target age range a little bit more than a lot of the movies that we watch. It kind of it kind of slumped down into a younger one, which isn't always the ones that end up being my favorite.
Speaker 1: Well there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you everybody for joining us for this miausantastic film.
Speaker 1: Our next movie is one that I don't think either.
Speaker 2: Of us were familiar with, but I frankly can't remember at the time.
Speaker 1: It was a little while ago, but we are very excited.
Speaker 2: The next film we're doing is the nineteen ninety eight classic.
Speaker 1: Principal Lakes Holiday.
Speaker 2: It is available on the YouTube, so go check that out before you listen to our amazing recap.
Speaker 1: And it was. It was probably the best recap we've ever done.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't don't remember how good a recap it was, but it was probably six point two six point eight recap. But yes, we're very excited, so please go and check that out. But first we are going to stay in the Better Boy universe because we're going to be sitting down with Ashley Argoda, who played Ready Sabrina Nevea.
Speaker 4: Or Heaven Backwards's right in the movie.
Speaker 1: We have quite a history with the other stars.
Speaker 2: We talked about her career and her time on the d com that we just recapped, so.
Speaker 1: Let's get a small snippet of what's to come.
Speaker 5: I actually had an opportunity when I was still on True Jackson to audition for Lemonade Mouth when I was still on Nickelodeon, and it was such a like I was like, oh, man, but it's a dcom, Like do I stay on my show?
Speaker 4: Do I go audition for a D com?
Speaker 5: Ultimately obviously stayed on True Jackson VP, but it was truly like I really had to think about that one because I grew up watching dcomps. I grew up watching Nickelodeon too, but like dcoms were such a huge part of my life and like I loved them so much, so like, yeah, I totally watched it while I was still on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 2: She was such a sport and so much fun to talk to, So make sure check that out and subscribe to our Magical Rewind feed wherever you get your podcast, because then you'll get all of our interviews when they're released, and for more information, you could follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody. The Housers me Houser to use