Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Darry Church, HECMA Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Beat me up, Chris, coming at you live from the taj Mahal of Football, The Star in Frisco, home of your Dallas Cowboys Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 2: You know what time it is.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge sponsored by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 2: And it's two o'clock. You're now rock and hot.
Speaker 3: I'm mcmaharrison alongside former safety of the Dallas Cowboys, my man Barry Churches in the building. I don't want to call this a victorm Monday, because we had victory Friday.
Speaker 2: So this is just a you know, we already had the twenty four hours. I can't do that. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: But uh, it's been a long, long weekend. It's been some great man Gray football on television. Man already know, and we're gonna talk about all of it. But before I get to any of that, what's happening? Check your mentals?
Speaker 2: Man? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I thought she was going to check it. Man, we're gonna do that to you. Man, let me tell you something, Man, I do that. I do that because I had a friend in high school. Man, something tragic happened to him, and I never got an opportunity.
Speaker 2: To check his mentals.
Speaker 3: And so that's why I said, you know, when I got an opportunity to do what I do, I think it's first best to start by asking, you know what's good with people?
Speaker 5: Oh Man, Well, uh, since you're asking, everything's been going great, always is. Man, can never complain, never complain, family doing great, everybody's healthy. So uh, you know, I can't complain a little hot outside. But you know it is Texas, so it's gonna be like that, man. So how about yourself? You know, man, you know what I'm not gonna tell you no lies, Barry.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I am a I am a father of a high school wide receiver. And you know we're starting this season off and the way man, his production hadn't been there, and.
Speaker 2: Father is hot. That is hot. That is hot. You know I need some I need some production. Man.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, overall, you know, it's just one of the things that that's on my mind. Man, it's football's football season. You know, I'm a football dad, and so I'm pulling for my son. But man, it's just a lot of things going on with him that I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Getting the opportunity.
Speaker 3: That's that's the thing, the opportunity, him getting the opportunity. And this is, uh, you know, just in a place of just frustration. But you know, we believe in the proper power of prayer, you know, and we are staying step fast and you know how these things go. It's about being ready for the opportunity when it presents itself.
Speaker 2: That's all you gotta be.
Speaker 3: We're just continuing to preach to him, stay ready for his opportunity. So you know, I'm sure there are other parents out there that feel the same way. But let him know, let him know.
Speaker 5: I didn't really start and tell my senior year in high school. Man, that's what I got my first offer, so long a time. There's allays time.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you this board numbers so you can tell, you know, let him know it's gonna come avention. Man, you see, that's that's what I'm saying. See, when you share what's going on with you, you end up talking to somebody that can kind of lighten up.
Speaker 5: Telling you playing a little bit here and there. And then senior year started took off. But you know there's time. There's always time. Always Barry that just that was good for my soul. Let you know, the mentals, the mentals. Brother had a little ball.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It was did you see let me just start with Saturday. Did you see the game on Saturday the Alabama?
Speaker 5: You talk about a game now that was exciting. The first half was a it was a sloberknocker, it was a it was a white belt. I was like, oh, man, should I changed a channel on this man? And I was like, you know what, because you know, old lady wanted to watch Power and all that stuff. And I was like, you know what, Power, Let me just give him one more series, you know, let me give one more series. And man, I'm glad I did that because them boys steamed back and I thought it was all once they caught that momentum. Everybody knows in football, man, once that momentium train started rolling, it's hard to stop. No matter who you are, it's harder to stop. So that was an awesome game. Back and forth like that, and the kid Williams.
Speaker 2: Well, you're seventeen.
Speaker 5: That's crazy doing this out here, man, Jackson. I couldn't have seventeen. I was just getting ready to start my first you know what I mean, in high school, my senior year, and he's out there doing this in the SEC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he reclassified. The kid reclassified in his junior year and graduated, and so what he's doing, I mean, it really is kind of it's really phenomenal to see a kid his age, but just just to know that his talent level was already where it is right now.
Speaker 2: You imagine this kid in high school.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't imagine seeing my child across from somebody that's blazing like that, catching the ball like that. But I just think, you know, it was not only that that George Alabama game was was an amazing game that just came down to so many different drives and scores, but also that Colorado, that Colorado University Central Florida game, that's a good game to me. I don't know about you, man, but to me, man, look at.
Speaker 2: This guy to come back over here. Hey, Travis Haunter. Travis Hauntera to.
Speaker 3: Me, is the best player in college football right now now.
Speaker 5: And you know when you could do what he's doing on both sides of the football. It's outstanding because when you look at it, man, just playing one side of the football is hard enough to be able to excel offensively, go over to the defensive side of the football excel as well, playing what eighty hundred snaps a game.
Speaker 2: It's to me is it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And the way he's able to make plays on both sides of the football, man, I do the special.
Speaker 2: No, and it's something to watch.
Speaker 3: And going all the way back to a player by the name of Charles Woodson.
Speaker 2: If you ever got a chance to see Charles.
Speaker 3: Woodson when he was playing college ball, he was probably like not even probably he was must see TV. He was you knew why you were watching. Charles Woldson was about to do something. And it's the same thing as I'm watching Travis. It's like, man, he is about to do something. He gonna do something special, and I mean it is. It is magnificent to see. But the NFC East, moving on to Sunday, the NFC East is getting very interesting. It's very interesting. And I did something I don't do it all the time, but I picked the Eagles to beat Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: And I did too. Man, it was a problems.
Speaker 3: That is a problem, and I'm telling them and the thing that I'm starting to see with the way that the NFC East matches up each and every year, we said that there hasn't been a back to back NFC champions I believe since two thousand.
Speaker 2: All right, man, it's been that long. But here you have here.
Speaker 3: You have a team in the Philadelphia Eagles that is struggling in every way defensively and obviously Jalen Hurst was out his weapons and you know, it's boot Eagles. For life of me, I have no sympathy for him, but he was definitely limited. And you know, your your guy Keller Keller Moore, and that offense.
Speaker 5: It looks stagnant. It did outside of outside of Saquan who. I mean, he's making every every opportunity he has out there to shine.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's doing it. That dude is. You know, he's a freaking nature.
Speaker 5: But you know, they were missing you know, Aj Brown, top wide receiver, Davonte Smith top wide receiver, as well as their Hall of Fame left tackle Lane Johnson. But still even with those three guys missing, you would like to see some type of something going on. I mean, you look at the rams those guys were missing. They're both of their top to wide receivers and some other pieces, and Sean McVay is still able to get the most out of that team. When you look at Philadelphia, man, I see trouble brewing. I see trouble brewing between that head coach, that quarterback offers a coordinator killing more my boy just I don't know. It just ain't adding up. And then when you look at it, I know Hurts has been a turnover massique machine last year.
Speaker 2: It's like it carried right over into this year.
Speaker 5: I mean, the man is still turning the football over, whether it's taking too long in a pocket, getting stripped, throwing interceptions. I mean, he's making mistakes and he looked like he's kind of regressing. I hate to say it, but it looks like he's kind of regressing out there for the Philadelphia Eagle. So I'm gonna give my boy k more, you know, than an opportunity. I wait till you get all these pieces back and see what they can do out there. But as of right now, man, it does not look good.
Speaker 3: For Phillip North eighteen for thirty one hundred and fifty eight yards Before Jalen hurts, he was sacked six times that in games, Say, Kawon Barkley did have ten carries eighty four yards, Jalen had eight carries twenty yards. They ended up with one hundred and thirteen total as a team. But he was playing with a lot of a lot of his weapons were gone. So but man, there is another problem brewing other than you know, we love to see when when the when the Eagles are no good, the Washington Commanders let him though, because we got man, I got you know, this is what we're gonna do. And and I've always told you personally, I have a disdain for every team in the NFCS. I wouldn't call it I hate them.
Speaker 2: I just don't like them. I hate the Eagles. I don't but I don't know, I just don't like just don't like. Get it.
Speaker 3: But I can tell you right now that the Commanders are a.
Speaker 2: Problem, big problem.
Speaker 3: And dan Quinn in that defense right now, and before you even start talking about Jaydon Daniels, dan Quinn in that defense, one of the and I'm seeing just with Eball is he has a bunch of guys, all eleven of them on defense, believing in his scheme.
Speaker 2: And they are flying to the ball.
Speaker 3: And you are somebody that have played on great defenses, and you know what that feeling is when you know the assignment alignment and all you.
Speaker 2: Can do is just go out there and play free.
Speaker 3: That's what I see when I'm watching, when I'm watching the Commanders on defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're right about that. Everybody believes in that system.
Speaker 5: Dan Quinn was always a player's guy, like everybody, you know, they love the man when he walked in and they kind of took to his system, whatever the system may be. They're the type. He's the type of coach that you'll run through a brick wall for. So you're gonna get the most out of each and every one of your players out there. But what we see with that team is depth. We see that along that defensive line that you know, the Foulers of the world, the Armstrongs of the world. Of course, you got the two Bama boys in the inside and they're gonna hold it down. You know, they're gonna they're your blue Chippers, they gonna hold everything down. But that depth, they're able to rotate guys in and you get fresh legs each and every time. You either go after the quarterback or you're out there trying to set an edge and making sure the run game is under contained.
Speaker 2: That Washington defense they're playing, they're playing well.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna call them, you know, the two thousand Ravers or anything like that, but they're playing well as a unit out there. You know, the only week link I see from that defense right now is the secondary. The secondary can be had, but you know, as the week's progress and you understand, it's just like I do. When dan Quinn first got here, that rush started to work, and then in the back end came along with the rust because you can't work without without one another.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The rush worse with the back end, back end worse with the rest. And that's what we saw on Dallas. Guys were benefiting off of a great pass for US eleven picks for Treymon digs. You got Bland getting fourteen in his first two years. So as that rush progresses for Washington, that secondary will come along. But to me, you know, the defense dan Quinn is amazing and all that. Man, what about that que so that on.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, and I'm sure you've you've been like this in your career. You know special when you see it, you know, specially when you see it. I don't care what level it is, college, pro, It could be boxing, and could be basketball. When you see a special player, it's just like, that's what it is. I mean, Matthew Stafford. I saw Matthew Stafford in high school at Highland Park High School, and I watched him go from one side of the field to the sideline and throw a ball on a frozen rope.
Speaker 2: To the other side.
Speaker 3: And I looked over at my girlfriend, which was now my wife, and I said, oh, he gonna play on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Because I don't care what level.
Speaker 3: You could throw across your body on a frozen rope across the field. Now, that's special, right. And when I watch Jaden Daniels, I feel like I'm watching something special. And look at that the twenty six or thirty two hundred and thirty three yards a tud and an interception, all right, and no sacks on this guy. The other thing it really bugs me is the fact that Brian Robinson Junior had twenty one catches for one hundred and one yards. Also, Jeremy McNichols eight carries sixty eight yards. Jaydon Daniels also had eight for forty six and a touchdown.
Speaker 2: They had four rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Now, when I think about the Dallas Cowboys and I do these numbers, right, two hundred and sixteen yards on the two hundred and sixteen yards.
Speaker 2: On the ground.
Speaker 3: And who a guy that was once the laughing stock of the NFL. Cliff Kingsbury is the offensive coordinator, got tacobab being rejuvenated as an office man.
Speaker 2: They look good.
Speaker 5: They do look good. They do look really good. And then what stuck out to me about Daniels. He, of course the numbers out there, but his completion percentage, I mean through the first four games, I think he likes set a record. It might be eighty two percent for you know, that four game stretch. And he's a rookie. He's a rookie out there doing this. I mean, he's seeing defenses. And to me, what kind of you know, kind of jumped out to me is he never looks like he's rushed. He's always just back there. Okay, you know, cool, calm and collected. Okay, this is what they're in. All right, I'm not going to force it over here. I'll throw it out of bouts, I'll check it down to this guy, I'll check it down to that guy, or.
Speaker 2: I'll use my legs.
Speaker 5: He never really puts the ball in harm's way out there, and he knows when it's time to make the big play. And you know who's the most thankful for all of this, scary Terry mcclaur's going through quarterback after quarterback after quarterback, showing the patience. He never was out there talking about trading me. I need to get out of this. Finally got a guy that can get him the football. And you see his skill set as well at the wide receiver position. So you know, great job of Cliff Kingsbury, Dad Quinn surrounding his players with people who can go out there and get the job done.
Speaker 2: You see Zach Ertz, who disappeared for like two years. He's on the way back. He's being that security blanket for the for the quarterback.
Speaker 5: And then you look in the backfield that got the kid from Alabama, Robinson, the big bruiser, And then you got he didn't play that or this past game, but Eckler, you know from from the Chargers out there doing this thing as that kind of scat back. So they present a little bit of a problem for the entire nfcast.
Speaker 2: Man, they got a good offense. Defense is coming along.
Speaker 5: So so once again that momentum train, that momentum train is rolling for Washington, and we got to hope that Dallas can be that bus off man dan Quinn. Dan Quinn is one of those transformative coaches and I and I didn't take that for granted when he got here because I saw how the guys kind of how they could flock to him and his methods. But you could see just how infectious he is and the way that this team is believing in him every time they have a locker room session where they get a chance to show him around. Those guys, man, they just it's something to admire. One that the turnaround. There are three and one two in one.
Speaker 3: Division in first place currently with the big win over the Arizona Court Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Forty two to fourteen.
Speaker 3: Boy College column in as Colin Murray is looking funny light right now, man, And there's a lot of things. I mean, the teams that you thought that were gonna be that. In the NFL. It's a lot of things happening, man, well, a lot of different teams. The one thing about it, the Washington Commanders are one of those teams that we definitely have to worry about another NFC. Another NFC team doesn't tell you the Vikings the Vikings if you got a chance to see Sam Donald and the way that that thing is being transferred. Sometimes the football guys just won't let you mess it up. Because I promise you the Vikings were gonna start JJ McCarthy sign of delivered.
Speaker 2: He was gonna be up in there.
Speaker 3: They were gonna, like I said, nobody would ever wish anyone gets hurt, but just the football guys won't let you mess it up. And Sam Donald being in there has trained changed that whole thing. And going to the team that we play Sunday night, the Pittsburgh Stiller, is the same thing. Football guys would little mess it up because I'm telling they were gonna start Russell Willaer instead.
Speaker 2: Of Justin Fields, and Justin Fields.
Speaker 3: To me is probably the quarterback actually that they needed. We're gonna open the seal on this whole Cowboys and Pittsburgh stillers match up and try and figure out away. How are we gonna get away without Tank? Oh no and Mike y'all marinate on that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back with the players lounges. Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 6: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 2: Off the reels.
Speaker 6: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience. Football fans, this means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred GA m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 8: Prushcott kits, it slides with the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie incrypto with blockchain dot com perfect pro.
Speaker 8: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 6: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Visit dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: This segment is brought to you by Yetti, the official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And man, this is this is This is a good week.
Speaker 3: This is a good week if you enjoy the story history of the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Still is a good one. That's one of those matchup marriages that I don't just go into the NFC. You're going to the NFL film's vault and you can go back to the seventies, eighties, nineties. These are two teams that have always found a way to collide at the top of collide anytime, anytime they get together. And then this is this is one of those match ups that everybody's waiting for.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be waiting all day for Sunday night. For real.
Speaker 3: It's in the bird too, It's it's in your negative woods. I'm surprised you ain't going home for this.
Speaker 2: You can't do it, can't start to get cold up there. I can't do it. And it's cold at night. That is Yeah, it's past hooty season up there.
Speaker 3: So it's like, so just set the scene like nighttime in in pa is.
Speaker 5: What it's crisp right now around this time it's crisp. But you're going to Their stadium is right on the river, right on three rivers, so you're gonna get that wind coming off of there, and you better wear a jacket. It's all I'm gonna say. You better wear a jacket. It ain't like a night time around here where you can go out there with shorts and the tea and feel great. It's a little crisp, you know. You get a little little crisp, little moisture.
Speaker 2: In their man.
Speaker 5: You know, it's true fall. It's like the leaves are turning colors. It's true fall.
Speaker 3: And that's the one thing about this match that really worries me is about, you know, Brandon Aubrey and the way that we use him and that winir at hines Field. This is it's a different type of environment. But whatever the Cowboys do, uh, they're gonna have to do it without the production of DeMarcus Lawrence and Michael Parsons and a big.
Speaker 2: A big a colossum a huge blow. Okay, no, No, What I tried to do.
Speaker 3: What I tried to do is frame this in a way that because you know, in the NFL, man, everybody's hurt, everybody's gonna be hurt, and that's at some point people are going to miss. And I don't believe in that theory of next man I just don't. But Barry, come on talking to me off the ledge on this one, because I feel like the Dallas Cowboys defense to get get right game that they had against the New York Giants, they're gonna have to repeat that, but repeat that without two of their best defenders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I can't talk you off the ledge on this one.
Speaker 5: I just can't do it, Okay, because I you know some I don't really believe in the next man up if it comes to, like, you know, positions like that, aren't you know, star star players out there, Like you know what I'm saying, Like we had you know, Bland go down. Carson was able to fill in great, and we saw what happened with the other cornerbacks out there. But when you lose a guy of the magnitude you know of a Parsons, you know, Tank Lawrens. I believe can be you know, replaceable at this point in his career. Like I feel like you can get you know, knieland can get the job done, goals and may be able to move out there. You can get guys to fill those shoes. But what you can't do is you can't fill the shoes of a guy like Parsons and what he's able to do for this defense.
Speaker 2: I mean, we see it time and time again.
Speaker 5: You look at that Cleveland game, and I understand Cleveland didn't have a both of the tackles, I get.
Speaker 2: It, but still all the attention was on Eleven.
Speaker 5: You're getting double teams, you're getting triple teams, and that's allowing the other guys to eat out there. That's allowing your linebackers to do what they do because the offsive linemen are focused on Eleven and making sure the game plan that he doesn't wreck it.
Speaker 2: All right. That's the thing. When you got a guy like eleven out there, with him gone, Tank Lawrens, it's gone. Where is the pressure coming from? Where are you going to be?
Speaker 5: You can go and try to bring pressure from the nickel position, you know, Jay Lou on a corner blitch, you can you know bring some of them safeties, Donald on a corner blitz, a safety blitz.
Speaker 2: But then you're leaving your already thin.
Speaker 5: Secondary exposed that way, because that's what happens when you bring guys from the secondary to create pressure.
Speaker 2: They're thinking that the quarterback guy to get it ahead.
Speaker 5: If that thing gets blocked up, you're leaving a guy like uh mikuamu maybe on the outside booth, maybe on the outside.
Speaker 3: I don't want to butcher my head because we all know, we all know what we saw all out there, right, we all know what we.
Speaker 2: Saw all out there.
Speaker 5: But and I don't want to butcher my guy's name. Number twenty said, I don't want to butcher his name out there. But you know you're leaving guys like that exposed. I ain't worried about Digs, all right, you can leave Diggs. I'm not worried about it. He's gonna get his But it leaves the rest of your secondary guys that aren't as experienced, aren't as talented, just aren't as good as a guy like Diggs on the outside expos Maybe if you had Bland back at full potential, you had those two corners on the outside, then you could think about sending some zero pressure, some some nickel pressure, some safety pressures to generate something because without the bzooka. And I'm telling this, I played with guys that that garnered that type of attention, and when we missed those guys, you know, the defense it took a step back.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be completely honest with you.
Speaker 5: Same thing with Sean Lee when we when I played with him here early in his career, he was that guy. You know, he wasn't an ass pressure pressure guy or anything like that, but he was the quarterback of the defense and he made sure everybody was lined up and you know he's gonna be sidelined the sideline getting his ten to fifteen tackles again. When we lost him out there, the room, just just the whole the defense felt deflated. Like you started the game off, Yeah, we could do this. Man, next man up, the next thing, you know, you're get in.
Speaker 2: The back of the head. At least I was hey, Sean would have had that where was it? He didn't wrap around hold on what it?
Speaker 5: Lee would have been there for that man second and eight turning the second in twos, you know, eight's turning the third and threes when you're losing a guy of that magnitude. So look, man, it's gonna be tough because, like you said, you're not only missing the bazookah, but you're missing Tank Lawrence as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't I don't like anything about what.
Speaker 2: You just said.
Speaker 3: Exactly, man, I just want to be honest. I don't like anything that you just said. And yeah, I'm positive heck, I want to try and put a put a spin on this and I can't find one right now.
Speaker 2: Well, let me go here, let me go here. Okay.
Speaker 3: So, in that sense, for a guy like Michael Parsons that office coordinators know that you're gonna he's gonna move, he's gonna be a guy that you have to slide protection for. You're gonna have to adjust your defense when he's in the middle of your defense. You gotta do so many different things. When that guy isn't there, then everything that the Cowboys do is gonna be obviously a mystery to you because you can't slide. I don't think they're gonna be sliding to Chauncey Gholston, They're gonna be sliding to Marshaw Kneeland.
Speaker 2: Any of that So if you're.
Speaker 3: Mike Zimmer, let's let's let's just do the element of surprise here, all right, go ahead. And I heard you saying, like like literally talking about those nickel blitzes. But let's talk about guys. And you gave him the first loaf. You gave him the first loaf, a god like the marve and overshown, all right, And what you can do to allow for his athletic ability to floorist because you gotta have some some weapons somewhere that's gonna be able to put pressure on justin fields because you know that's like I know, if the pressure is on him, he gets flushed out of the pocket. He's one of those guys that doesn't have any pocket awareness of you know time. You know, he's gonna rely heavily on the running game right off the bat, right, But they're gonna be They're gonna have to be things that you scheme up. And I think you can scheme it up with the linebacking group now that you don't have Micah in there. That's gonna make the offensive line of justice.
Speaker 5: So you're saying using kind of overshown as that that chess piece, Yeah, maybe having them blitz here, spy a little bit there, come off the edge a little bit, just to generate some type of different look for a guy like Justin Fields.
Speaker 2: And I feel like that that that's a possibility.
Speaker 5: That is because like you said, Fields, you know, I still feel like he's a raw talent talented is all. Heck, got arms, trings, run out of the gym, all that good stuff. But I feel like he's a guy that when he drops back if one ain't there, and he's done a better job of it this year, but going through progressions and seeing all right, if one's not there, I'm gonna take off, Like I can see that type of style going on. The old thing defensively, is you gotta know who's gonna be his number one? And who do you gotta take away that he's gonna first look at, Oh, George Pickens, isn't there him taking it off right off the toime. So you got to be able as a defense to garner up something, to be able to take Pickings away and hope that help worth you gotta hope that you know, Fields ain't gonna go through his progressions and be able to.
Speaker 2: Dot you up.
Speaker 5: He hasn't been able to do it yet, time proof and consistency, so we can trust that that he's not been able to go through his progressions and use his secondary options out there against you, like drop back. Oh he's not there, Still be in the pocket, all right, that guy's not there as well, then take off. So if I was you know, the DC, if I'm in zim shoes, I'm going up there and I'm trying to take away pickings. Pickings to me, by far, is their best wide receiver, and he's their number one option when they do that drop back pass game or that shotgun pass game. So you're saying, draw it up to where you take away pickings, and you're saying Field is gonna try to take off with his legs. In that case, then comes an overshown that would come into play as that spy. It's a risky play. It's a risky play. But at this point, what else she got? I don't have anything else, right, And that's what I'm saying. All of my playmakers are on deck, and I have to be able to generate some type of pressure because I cannot allow anybody to just sit back there and pick us a party, even as bad as he is he'll find a way. I mean, Dann Jones did have success and that zero to fifteen yards and then when you.
Speaker 3: Go back and watch it, you recognize how much Daniel Jones missed. You realize how many opportunities with Derek he has some big plays that he left on the field. And I mean, I don't I don't know, Like right now, the Pittsburgh Stills are probably right where everybody didn't think they would be at this point in the season. The production that they've had at three and one. I mean, this was a team that preseason everybody's talking about Tomlin losing his job.
Speaker 2: You know that, right.
Speaker 3: They didn't look good at the at the quarterback position, even with Russell with Wilson. But what has held true has been the fact that they have brought presented a running game, They don't turn the ball over, and they have a defense that can pretty much hold you as well. And to me, like in that game versus Indianapolis, and that's why I was watching it so close, because Indianapolis is one of the The Nouse Cowboys are no longer the worst rush defense in the league.
Speaker 2: Okay, what yeah.
Speaker 3: The Indianapolis coach have taken but still they were able to get out there and present some problems to the Pittsburgh still So that's why that's why was saying like that's as soon as I saw him, I'm like, Overshawn could could possibly be an impact on this game. And I'm looking for guys like Wilson Donald. You're gonna have to get your your your safety is involved, not only uh Jay Lou involved on those blisters, but also those safety blisters have to be effective as well. You have to generate pressure from every place that you possibly can. And we're not even mentioning Mazzie. You're just saying, if Mozzie can just be New York, Mazzi got he.
Speaker 5: Gotta show me though, Like Mazzi, I don't have a little bit more see at all because we you know, we see flashes and you know, flashes here and there. I gotta see a little bit more before I'm like, okay, you know I can count on that. You know what I'm saying, Like I could see you know that New York game was as as to me right now, it was a you know, it might have been a one of you know, because he was out there, he was balling, he was you know, setting the line of scrimmage back getting the penetration. He was playing extremely well and hopefully that's you know, things to come from Ozzie. But until I see it on a consistent basis, I can't depend on him being that guy in the center that's gonna get off me, young fella.
Speaker 3: I can't see that just yet. Just yet, man, just yet. I was trying to sell that. Hope you man, you didn't none of that. Look, but what we got to talk about, what we got to get into, what we gotta get into is this offense.
Speaker 2: What's gonna what are we gonna put?
Speaker 3: Well, what are we gonna put in the bag before we get to Pittsburgh?
Speaker 2: Coming up next on the Players Lounge, Oh man, I hope you.
Speaker 4: Hey, Danny Mcrage here for smoothie King. You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, So treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate hazel up or honey drizzle with.
Speaker 2: Two new flavors.
Speaker 4: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track.
Speaker 2: Even after you leave the track.
Speaker 4: Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, The distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer on.
Speaker 8: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys take on these stealers in Pittsburgh on October the sixth, so we're hosting a free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Join us at Miller Lytehouse at AT and T Stadium to watch the game with the with Cowboy Nation Q Thunderstruck because the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are performing and Rowdy will be there too watch the game. Grab a slow and cheer loud. Get your free tickets at Dallas cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Watch. What have you ever been in one of those watch parties? I have not done yet.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot, a lot going on within my family right now, so I don't know if I'll be intending your watch party talking talking to my family. I'm talking about you get to the Middle Lighthouse as a subliminal shot. But listen, I was telling you before we went to break about certain things that you you pack, right and and will the cowboys be packing the things that they need on this trip to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you.
Speaker 3: When I go on a family trip, I put everybody suitcase outside the door and I say pack two things.
Speaker 2: That is a deal break, no, no.
Speaker 3: Deal, all right, I gotta have it, must I must have because my family will overpack. We'll take everything. Daughter used to take her stroller for her barbies and stuff like that on family trips. I can't do that no more because the target full quick with the cryingness. The cowboys right now are looking in at that bag is on the floor, and they got two things that they need to put in there. I just tried to sell you on one. So that's not going in the bag. That ain't going in the It ain't okay, that ain't going well. Let me okay, God, I'm trying to Perry Mason my point here.
Speaker 2: You're not letting me.
Speaker 3: So look, Barry, Fundamentally, in football, when you go on the roads, you gotta have a defense and you gotta have a running game.
Speaker 2: That's a non negotiable.
Speaker 3: Those are no negotiables, right You just said to me that I don't have a defense that could go on the road.
Speaker 2: You don't have a pass rush.
Speaker 3: I don't have a pass right now, right now, right now. To see it, Barry, can I pack and running game? You got you know, I'm a sprinkle a little hope.
Speaker 5: You gotta be able to pack the run game, especially on the road. And after watching that, you know, Burt Pittsburgh versus you.
Speaker 2: Know Colts game. You know that defense. It can't be run off. Now, granted the Colts do.
Speaker 5: They do have one of the best running backs international Football League, Jonathan Taylor. Alright, so not everybody is Taylor, and there's not a tailor on this team.
Speaker 2: I would be honest, there's not a tailor on this team.
Speaker 5: But you gotta be able to sprinkle some type of run game to keep this defense on this for the Pittsburgh Steelers, because what you do not want to do heading into Pittsburgh is one you don't want to let them get that momentum and realize offensively, all you have is a passing attack with Dak Prescott Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 2: Because I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: You go out there and let's just say you only run the football ten twelve times.
Speaker 2: You're going to allow TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt, Alex Highsmith, Cam Hayward and the crew pin their ears back and they just go and get after you. And I'm gonna tell you right now, from what I've seen from this offensive line for the Dallas Cowboys, No, they're young up there, two players, they're young. But if you're gonna let him Cam Hayward pin his ears back against bbe Hein Smith pen his ears back against Terrence Steele.
Speaker 2: And TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt pen his ears back against the rookie, You're gonna have some issues.
Speaker 2: Man, You're just gonna have issues.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: That's one thing that you're gonna get from Pittsburgh is that front seven, they're gonna be humming, all right, They're gonna be humming. And they got a guy on the second level by the name of Patrick Queen all right, who used to be with Baltimore. He brings that same flavor to Pittsburgh. He hasn't quite yet been what he was in Baltimore, but he is still a player.
Speaker 2: Out there on that second level.
Speaker 3: Like it, do you like him to a guy like Rokuwan Smith, because these two guys played together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were right here together.
Speaker 5: You know, Rokwan I still believe is a little bit better. We saw that, you know, yesterday against the dust out there in Buffalo. That man, he's something else and he holds everybody accountable. So you know, I don't see that Queen being that level of a linebacker, but he's still a problem to be had on that second level. And like I said, you cannot let those guys pen their ears back. It's going to be a hellish day, all right if they're not able to keep those guys honest and let those guys just pin their ears back and get out the prescott. So what has been different about this season is watching the lack of production from the running game three hundred and one yards so far as a as a room for the Dallas Cowboys at four games three hundred and one yards and games that they have needed the running game to be effective. They just have had no juice and Rico double right now and four games played and has thirty four carries four one hundred and thirty four yards.
Speaker 2: Why not, why not.
Speaker 5: Let the man get some get some flavor going, like we've seen it time.
Speaker 2: And time again.
Speaker 5: And I know they're going by this running back Bay committee situation and I get all that.
Speaker 2: But obviously that ain't working. It's not working. Obviously the committee ain't working. The committee.
Speaker 5: You know they must have been when the NCAAS'M committee ain't working.
Speaker 2: All right, let the man go out there and let him prove you wrong.
Speaker 5: Like if that's the case, if he ain't got it, if he can't be in redown back, that he just ain't got it. But at least give him the opportunity to go out there and show that he can be in every down back here.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: I mean to me, if you look at all the running backs, and we haven't seen Cookes, but you know from what I hear, but we haven't seen my man but we have seen Rico, we have seen Zeke, we have seen Deuce, and out of all those backs, to me, Rico has the most juice. To me, he can give you the most out of the run game. And it's just hard for a guy to go out there. One series you're playing, you may get two totes, the next series you're off.
Speaker 2: Then the next series, the next guy goes and you.
Speaker 5: Taking two some series all by the time you get back in there, it's like, man, you know, how am.
Speaker 2: I supposed to get rolling?
Speaker 5: How am I supposed to you know, get a feel for how the offensive lines blocking, how how they're running defenses on first and second down? Are they blitzing on first or they blitzing on third? Like are they playing the pass on second covers or second down? So to me, you gotta let the guy get into some type of rhythm. I don't think he's a liability in the in the past blocking game. You know, he ain't Zeke when it comes to pass blocking. But I don't think he's a pure liability. Let the man go out there, give him three fold series and then it's you know, if nothing pans out, then you may sub somebody in. But I just, I just I just hated that they don't let that man at least just get you know, at least get some get a sweat going before you want to pull the man out.
Speaker 3: You know, when you watch when you obviously watching all the games that you saw yesterday, even when the Vikings and in the Green Bay Packers and a guy like Aaron Jones who was free agent, and I think twenty two carries ninety eight yards or something like that. Again effective as a runner, and literally that's what the Cowboys need. I'm when I watched Derek Henry do what he does, I watched him over last weekend, and I'm looking at Zeke, and I'm sure Zeke has to be the most unhappy man in that running back room because he probably feels like he hadn't even gotten an opportunity to give you because twenty four carries eighty one yards right now, Yeah, twenty four carries eight.
Speaker 2: Eighty one yards and that's I mean, that's three yards of a cloud of dust that its.
Speaker 3: Finest just by definition. I don't think you wanted to come out that way. And those numbers are ugly, those are those are ugly, But you're not getting I mean it's not even saying much to say Rico Dallo has thirty four for one thirty four and I get it what you're saying, like, let this guy get into some type of rhythm because it doesn't feel right as you're watching the game. You know, Rico runs, you know, on first down, he gets five yards on second down, whatever it is, And as soon as he gets going, what.
Speaker 2: Do they do?
Speaker 3: They pull him out and put Duzvon in. And it's like, okay, that's what And duz Van is. First of all, Duzvan has been doing hell of a job blocking. He's been doing a lot of a lot of the good things out there. But as far as just seeing that continuity in the running game, it hasn't happened. The other thing, if you can't pack this running game, then you're going to have to get more production from your wide receivers. There's gonna have to be more production. We know, ceedee lamb obviously awesome game in New York. Uh, you're still getting some production there from from your tight end. But my god, man, but either Brandon Cooks something's going on that we don't know about, you know, but he's still out there. So I haven't seen him missing. All right, I gotta be real with you.
Speaker 2: Heck on this one, please, somebody tell me what what is it? Cooks might be cooked ante man, he may man.
Speaker 5: I look, and it's tough to say that because this is a man who's no matter who's that quarterback has always had a thousand yards leading up before he came to Dallas.
Speaker 2: But I'm watching my guy.
Speaker 5: And it's just this this entire season, and maybe it's how the players are being drawn up. I don't know, but it seems like d b's are in my man's hip pocket, like just.
Speaker 2: Like really sticking to my man. There's no separation. And you know he was going against New York what third or fourth corner?
Speaker 5: Yes, out there he did have a one slant for sixteen yards, but that come back broken up, and then we saw Tober run the exact same route, come back to the quarterback, have separation, get the completion. I know that's only one example out there, but there's plenty where there's no separation with Cooks.
Speaker 2: And this is supposed to be a guy that could take the top off a the defense. But I haven't seen that, and we haven't seen I seen that. We haven't so.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's not getting those opportunities or they're not drawing up plays to where he can, you know, do what he does.
Speaker 2: But I just haven't seen it's another one. I just haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, and we were we were just talking about special as related it relates to Daniels out in Washington after CD. I don't see anything special. I don't see another guy. And we've given so much grace to Jayleen Tobert, but it just seems like Jalen sometimes it is what it is, and let's just call it what it is. Jayaln Tober is a fourth wide receiver on any team, then he goes to all right, and it doesn't matter if that's just what it is, and you can't ask him to be something that he's not. And I feel like that's what you're doing. But I'm sorry. If I'm looking at the rest of the season, starting with Pittsburgh, if you don't get somebody else to be a part of this offense, to have some production, no, it's gonna be a long night because I don't I don't see how you can win these games, especially if unless you're paying Daniel Jones every week and we don't get the opportunity to do that have a first place schedule.
Speaker 2: So you okay, you get some guys, So that's what That's what I'm saying, Like, okay, so if I can't get it, I can't believe you say this, all right?
Speaker 3: So Hunter Liftkey, No, you know what, man, you know.
Speaker 2: You know what? That just felt wrong. I gotta admit something.
Speaker 5: Man. No, he's been he's so I've been productive in it with the role he's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Can you rely on that game in and game out?
Speaker 3: Is this because Mike McCarthy man, he's in a vice right now and if he can't down it up any better than what we've seen.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It may be good enough to beat the Giants, that's not gonna be good enough to beat Detroit. That's not gonna be good enough to beat the forty nine ers with. It's not gonna be good enough to beat some of these top teams that you have this first play schedule. So where do you get that production from? And I'm just combing to rost at this point and you're not giving.
Speaker 2: Me any hope. So I asked, like, who else is there? And you know what, you know, I'm a flipp it and ask you a question in this regard.
Speaker 5: You know, we all see you know Prescott as you know, a top ten, top eight whatever quarterback in the National Football League. Is this the season or is this an opportunity where he has to be that? And I say it, you force multiplier, But is this that season where he has to say, you know what, gimb me CD and a couple guys out there, and I can go out there and get the job done. And I'm not saying, you know, because there's only been what you know, the Brady. You know, my homes and those guys are unbelievably elite. And I'm not saying nobody's in that type of category. But there comes a time when you know it's you not saying it's his phont for the offense, but I'm just saying it comes to time where you got to be like, you know what, I gotta put this on me, I gotta put this on my shoulders and we're gonna get this job done. Give me these guys and we're gonna get it done. And there's no other choice. You know, it's tough, but hey, you've got to get the job done.
Speaker 4: Barry.
Speaker 3: I would say this, And I guess that was a statement that you didn't have to make when he wasn't making sixty million dollars a year, when he wasn't the highest paid player in the National Football League. But when you command that kind of cheddar you have you have to be a force multiplier. You have to be the guy that can take CD in a couple possibles and make them work.
Speaker 2: You have to. You have to because that's all we got.
Speaker 3: We don't have I mean, unless you know about somebody else that's coming from, you don't have it.
Speaker 2: I got three and the five three. That's fact. I mean, that is that's that's all I have.
Speaker 3: And if I'm going into games versus if I'm going into games versus Pittsburgh, that we know.
Speaker 2: Look man, this this defensive end is going to be coming after you. TJ. WHTT is gonna be on you. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Look, Guidan, can you can pray for him, try and hold up with some tight ends. Chip do all that teams do with each and every week, and they still are not successful. He is going to have to be that And and in order for the Cowboys to win in Pittsburgh, you're gonna have to get the absolute best version of Dak Prescott.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: And you know, to put a little Hopium out there, crank a little hope him out there. You know, the offense for Steelers, it's not that that team. That offense is gonna put pressure on you. In my opinion as of yet, it's not the you know, the Saints, they were putting pressure on the Boys.
Speaker 2: You know, you look at Baltimore, they were scoring every draft.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is the type of game that can play into the Cowboys hands. And if that defense shows up and they get a pass rush from somebody, I could believe it could be one of those games. But we'll see a lot of hope. You have a lot of time left before Sunday night.
Speaker 3: We'll you say, boom boom. It's been the players louds. Man knew he will be back tomorrow. He'll be here. I'll be over there. But he's still gonna be BC right. Hey, we're gonna be players in the players lounge. Man.
Speaker 2: We'll catch up with you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.