Speaker 1: Everyone knows you, you know by DJ Lizetto, but you are Daniel.
Speaker 2: That is the name that you were born with.
Speaker 3: I always wanted this since I was I was young. I always told people I'm gonna be on radio. Hey, I'm I manifested it. I never really interested the importance of my health, that's for sure once and that's something I do want to do different once I get you know, when I have my children and I start my family, you know, show them that prioritizing your health is the greatest former self love.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, welcome to this week's episode of Cheeky's and Chill. I am so happy you are all here.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We're going to be sitting down with one of my friends, DJ Lechetto.
Speaker 2: We've known each.
Speaker 1: Other for a while now and I think he's so funny and has a really great story. So I'm excited that he's finally on the pod. So let's get right into the episode. This is Cheeky's and Chill. As promised, we have DJ Licetto on the mic with us today. Lichetto is a dear friend of mine, but he's all I'm still a radio host on ninety two point three's The Cruise show. He's also a DJ producer and an entrepreneur. Welcome to the show, lit Shadow.
Speaker 2: It's so nice to like see you.
Speaker 1: You know, it's very hard to get him on the podcast, you guys, just FYI just want to let you guys know. He's a very busy man, so I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I'd rather be productive than busy. That's the goalways to be productive. But there was a lot of things happening. I went on a vacation for the first time in a long time, so I was just making time for myself, something that I don't do often. Or sometimes when we're actively trying to reach new heights and chase something that we've always wanted, we forget to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you know. I realized, like, hey, it's okay when you come back.
Speaker 3: Plus, I know, like, hey, that relationship between you and I, it's always there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh see, this is why I love him. You guys, this is my friend. Oh I consider him my friend. Although the last time I saw you was when was for the Microtura event right in August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my goodness, it's been a minute.
Speaker 4: It's been a minute. It's been a minute.
Speaker 3: I was hosting it we had a look I thought that radio it was she's in chill and then the.
Speaker 4: Super Secret Restic Club by Kelloggs, look it, I'm still on script.
Speaker 1: They're not getting the check anymore, Yes, exactly, by Kellogg's. All right, well again, I said, thank you so much. I appreciate it because I know you you you know you're you're doing the damn thing, and you have been for a long time. You've been like at it for I mean, how long now.
Speaker 3: Doing radio six years, but chasing this since I was fourteen fifteen. I remember fourteen fifteen. I just sat that dream of being like a famous DJ and being on the radio. It's I don't know, it's weird, but I always wanted this since I was I was young. I always told people I'm gonna be on the radio. He I'm I manifested it.
Speaker 4: It was just weird. I mean, I worked for it too.
Speaker 3: But it's been a long time coming and I'm finally soaking in my new reality that I'm here, you know, and I belong.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I belong absolutely.
Speaker 3: And it took a lot of time to be, you know, get to the state of mind. But I'm happy to be here. I'm blessed to be here.
Speaker 1: Yes, amen, amen to that. I mean, and everyone knows you by DJ Let's you know, but you are Daniel. That is the name that you were born with. So what's the difference between Danielle. Did you say Daniel or Danielle?
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. Like the people closest to me, they.
Speaker 5: Call me Danny, my mom, nanny always see right, But yeah, no, I think Daniel If if I I don't know, I've never thought about this, like if there's a difference, But if there was a.
Speaker 4: Difference, I don't know, I would say no.
Speaker 3: But if I have to sit down and give you an answer right now and look at it closely, like they say that food's gone wild, I would say Daniel is always was always trying to be and is always trying to be the man at the house and provide for his family, his loved ones. And the shadow was like a persona, like not a persona, but will let you always try to define the odds.
Speaker 4: And and you know the nickname stem from like people.
Speaker 2: Bullying me like oh really it was to ask you.
Speaker 4: That I was. It was middle school.
Speaker 3: I was chubby kid and man boobs and they're like, oh, this fool probably got milk in his boob, so they called me the Milkman.
Speaker 4: And when I.
Speaker 3: Wanted when I started teaching, I'm like, well, everybody would call me the Chetto.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, I'm the same guy.
Speaker 3: But I guess I always wanted to be like cool and and but like never switch up.
Speaker 4: So like, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess with the Chetto, I'm defining odds and in my head, I guess, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Is it like an alter ego sort of thing where it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There is different there's other projects where I do channel, like I don't know, different kind of personalities that I might have. I don't know if that even sounds real to say, but I think we all have layers to ourselves, you.
Speaker 2: Know, absolutely, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: I've been figuring that out.
Speaker 3: But artistically, I've been wanting to express that and see where those different.
Speaker 4: Layers of me can take me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm working on different projects where I'm wearing a mask. People are not going to know it's me, it's really me and embodying something someone that I know is inside of me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think let chend down in the same guy, okay, but there's definitely different layers to me.
Speaker 4: I'm weird, I'm complex.
Speaker 1: I'm I get it because I have cheeks and I have Jennee, you know what I mean. Like it took me a while to understand. I was like, Okay, Jeanne is the hippie. Jenne is the one that wants to stay home. She's more introverted, but Cheeese has to be extroverted. So it was like, in a way of like me separating the two kind of helped me with protecting Janney and my ones. Yeah, and sometimes I'm like, okay, right now, im Janey, I'm gonna put cheks away right now, you know. And I'm just gonna be everything that I am. And sometimes I don't not that I don't show that to the world, but I keep it very sacred. And then Cheek'ese is the glitz and the glam and the extensions and the you know, right now you're talking to Jenney, but his Chiki's and chow.
Speaker 2: You feel me. So it's like it's like, I get it.
Speaker 1: It's the same person, but in a way in my mind it helps me just protect one from the other.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, you know.
Speaker 3: That's a great way of feeling it. Yeah, for sure, definitely. I I understand completely what you're saying. And it's not to even say like, let Chado or Chiki's are the brand, because it kind of sounds cliche to say that.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, but I give my mom there, it's like that stuff right, like, you know.
Speaker 2: But I get what you're saying, though, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's lately it's been weird though, like because I even come around the family parties and they're starting to treat me a.
Speaker 4: Little different, like I made it and I could feel it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in my head it's weird because I don't I don't even feel like I'm there.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to swear to you.
Speaker 3: They just almost it's almost like they see you like established as well.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's weird. Yeah, it's weird. Yeah, And I don't know how it makes me feel. I just know it's like I just feel the energy.
Speaker 2: But the good thing.
Speaker 1: The good thing is that your feet are on the ground, you feel me where you're like, I like to be that way where I'm like when people are like hey, you have no idea, you know who you are. And I'm like, well, I'm just me, Like what are you talking about? Like I sometimes forget, I'll go somewhere, I'm like, oh shit, what are these Oh wow, Yeah, they're staring because I'm I come out on TV, you know, I sing or whatever. So it's it's the craziest thing. But I totally get it. I did notice because you FaceTime me before with your mom. You guys have a very close relationship, huh.
Speaker 4: I think so I tried to.
Speaker 3: You know, I grew up with a single month for the most part, so like, yeah, it's a very honest, very transparent relationship. Never lied to my mom consciously, like lied or like try to hit something.
Speaker 4: I'm never are you the oldest? I am the oldest, okay, but yeah, like I don't know, like how we grew up it was. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just felt like we always had to keep it real with each other. Like, you know, I'm a product of an affairs. So my mom was a mistress. And I mean I talk about this and I don't know if she ever feels okay with me talking about the situation. But with that being said, I always saw her chasing a man, you know, chasing a man and do everything for him, willing to adapt and do anything. And I just had sometimes really have really hard conversation with her, like, Yo, he doesn't love you. You know this is a kid like telling because I'm like, if he loved you, he'd be here, Like he wouldn't be with his other family, you wouldn't have to be moving to Texas just to be closer to the or so he could see you when he's you know, making trips to buy cars in the US and take them back there. Like she was ready at any given time just to be close to this man. So I don't know, like we just always had this very brutal, just kind of keep it a buck attitude with each other because I just felt like, yo, that's all we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many siblings do you have?
Speaker 4: She me and my sister, and then I have half brothers have sisters.
Speaker 3: I don't speak to them, or not that I don't want to, or not that I never wanted to.
Speaker 4: Remember I'm in my dad's death back. I met them for the first.
Speaker 3: Time, I was at sixteen, and I told them like, hey, you know, we're technically brothers and sisters, if you guys ever want to communicate, I mean her like, that was my attitude.
Speaker 4: That was my mindset at sixteen.
Speaker 3: And I remember his wife was like, I hope I never see the day after that to happen.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget that.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't communicate with them. I don't know them.
Speaker 2: But see, that's a crazy thing because I.
Speaker 1: We kind of had something similar in our family where my grandpa had a baby outside the marriage or whatever, and it was like, don't talk to the kids, like, but I'm like, that's not even the child's fault, you know what I mean, Like, it's not your fault. Like not to judge anybody, but it's just it's such a difficult situation. That's what I was going to ask you if if you had any type of relationship with your dad, But you said he passed right when you were sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he passed when I was sixteen.
Speaker 3: The thing is he would come around, like you know, whenever he could, and all the times that he did come around, it was good times. It's good great memories as you get older like that or when I was, you know, being an adolescent, a teen, and when he passed like that's where you were stuck on, Like why only bits and pieces, like you just get a taste of what something stable can be, you know, with the idea of what family is, and you're like, oh damn, yeah, but yeah, I know. I mean, whenever we did see each other, it was good times. It was never like nothing toxic. My dad never raised his voice at me, He.
Speaker 4: Never hit me.
Speaker 3: My mom was more stern with me, but like, yeah, I remember we used to go to the city up north called Porterville. He had a family friend named Garino, and they had a ranch together, and we used to go to the ranch, and I remember some of the things that I remember, like me and him, we'd have being contests.
Speaker 4: We'd stand next to each other and like my lecos you know, so.
Speaker 3: We'll just be obviously he didn't win all the time, but you know, yeah, no, so it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 3: It was never like a toxic relationship, but just the situation wasn't you know, it wasn't ideal, but we made it work.
Speaker 4: I did. I did hate him for a bit.
Speaker 3: I had a lot of resentment towards him, just because I would see what my mom, my mom was going through and then so.
Speaker 2: She maintained a relationship with him throughout the years they try. Yeah, for sure, she.
Speaker 4: Did everything even that.
Speaker 3: Now, like I see how I am when it comes to like, you know, building relationships or like when you have.
Speaker 4: A mother that does so much.
Speaker 3: It's like it's not you compare women to your mom by any means, but you also want to see, like I want my future life partner to.
Speaker 4: Be bil tough dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because not that I plan on on dipping, but like if I pass away, if something happens, like at least I want to know that my child, our children, our family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they gonna have a warrior dog. So like you know, it's it's not like no, what's flaws? No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I do appreciate some alpha alpha energy and the female like you know, like yeah, yeah, you'll go get it. You don't wait, like let's go, you make you make something happen out of nothing.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I respect that. It turns me on nice you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, now my mom, my mom did everything she could. You know another that you know, I look back and she did everything she could. And I also try and see things from my dad's perspective. You know, he maybe he was broken as well, and he thought love he could find it everywhere, and he was a mess, so he ended up creating more messes. But that's who am I to judge. You know, it's up to me to change the those cycles.
Speaker 4: Is up to me. Whatever happened happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might be dealing with some of the things of those situations, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: I also decided to outcome, you know, absolutely me. Yeah, So That's where I'm at now in life, Like.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, I do feel fine to look I was telling you, I finally feel like I'm somewhat established. The things that I've done are no longer an accident, like I belong here. So once you get to a certain place, and I'm sure you've been there as well, you realize like the things you're chasing and you feel like you made it, Like then you really got time to look into yourself. And then that's when you look and realize like, oh shoot, I got a lot of work to do inside, like like that European car ain't gonna fix nothing. Me living in a nice apartment don't mean nothing. Me my mom and my sister don't have good communication. Yeah, And it's not that we don't talk, but we're not able to express our feelings to one another. And you know what I'm saying, You realize, like a lot of the things that you were chasing, yeah they're nice, but they're not the.
Speaker 4: Most important, right.
Speaker 2: It's getting your priority straight, which is important.
Speaker 3: And I always felt like I had my priority straight because what drove me to that was to be the man of the house. I remember, I'm telling you, And it's just something that I always played in the back of my head, like why I operate or function in certain ways like I'm very like right because I got sixteen when my dad passed, right, and this depth that I tell them, Hey, don't worry about it. I'm gonna take care of my mom and my sister. At sixteen, I didn't know what kind of pressure that meant for me, but in the back of my head, I equated to be the man of the house, was the bread winner and man, if you made a lot of money, you could pay the bills. And if you pay the bills, you're the man of the house. You realize that once you make that money and you chase you and to me, like my dreams are gonna pay me out like it like, if I'm gonna be a famous DJ, I'm gonna get cash out. If I'm gonna be on radio, I'm gonna make a lot of money. So that was like my driving force reach your dreams because with those dreams, who possibly come financial stability. And with that financial stability you finally get to become the man of the house. The thing you much your dad on his deathbed, and again you reached that and then you realize the man of the house ain't just providing financially.
Speaker 4: The man of the house is also you're supposed.
Speaker 3: To lead, You're supposed to be able to communicate, you should be emotionally aware and intelligent.
Speaker 4: So that's where I'm at. I'm still trying to be the man of the house. I'm still trying to be the man. I'm thirty two.
Speaker 2: Thirty two, Okay, I just turned thirty two.
Speaker 4: Yes, keep the keeper, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't get to this state of mind until thirty you know what I'm saying. So still two years of after kind of like losing the weight them in Like that's when also like I also had to focus up here, you know, physically, Okay, that's one thing cool.
Speaker 2: You said you've lost what one fifty around one fifty or yeah.
Speaker 4: One fifty, one sixty? I nikolo, which I mean I'm grateful for.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. What what caused the change?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What what was it that clicked in your mind?
Speaker 3: There was a career, career, career, career, It was all right, let you have you finally feel the established. I felt established with radio, right, what did you put on hold? Put on hold our DJ career, my music career things. You know, it's okay, what are we doing to get back to it? If you really want to do that, you have to be in shape. I told myself, you got to be in shape. You want to be torn, You got to be healthy because being on stage for an hour, you got to be in shape.
Speaker 4: Are gonna be winded?
Speaker 3: I remember it was performing was when it first popped out? Oh no, thought it was a minute and a half.
Speaker 4: Long and I was winded.
Speaker 3: I was performing a minute turn and be like, let you if you want to be jumping up and down in Vegas and at EDC and at Ultra, you got to be in shape. If you want to be torn on stop, you got to be in shape. You got to be able to fit in an airplane. I remember one time on a work trip, We're going to Vegas and I had to basically add for an extender for the airplane.
Speaker 4: That was embarrassing, but it was career.
Speaker 3: It was career, Like, Yo, if you want that Forerrari, you gotta be able to fit in one you have. You know, like, I'll never forget Jimmy and mea let me borrow this Ferrari once and Bro, I couldn't. I couldn't drive it.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: I was just like, yo, like this ain't even comfortable. I remember growing up I was always how drive the big houses. I was just like to envision myself in it, and that would give me so much drive.
Speaker 4: So even like filling a car, I was like, yeah, it's gonna be mine, It's gonna be mine.
Speaker 2: Your visionary Yeah, I was like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was just career.
Speaker 3: I was like, Yo, if you really want to take this to the next level, if you really want this, you got to be in shape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to be in shape.
Speaker 1: And have you ever thought about what caused you to gain the weight? Do you feel that it had to do with childhood stuff or was it just something you just didn't care. You didn't really understand the importance of your health or have you thought about that.
Speaker 4: I never really interested the importance of my health, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Once and that's something I do want to do different once I get you know, when I have my children, I start my family, you know, show them that prioritizing your health it's the greatest former self love. That's the greatest for my self love. Prioritizing your health. Don't miss the doctor appointment. Don't miss it, not just's appointment. You know.
Speaker 4: My mom was like, I don't care.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, uh, it's so important. I talk about that on the podcast all the time.
Speaker 3: And again I'm not saying this to shame my mother, because she loved me.
Speaker 4: She did her best, she did her with all she knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know exactly.
Speaker 3: So like, yeah, I lost weight in high school, right, I was a chubby kid freshman sophomore year.
Speaker 4: I used to lunch in the classroom. I used to wear my mom's jeans because it fit me better.
Speaker 3: I've always had like big legs. I used to wear the same sweater every day.
Speaker 4: I was a loner. I really was a loner, Like not even the nerves would talk to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you spent a lot of time alone.
Speaker 3: Alone, alone from the outside looking in, or at least thinking what.
Speaker 4: Would it be like to be on the other side, you know, like being cool. I lost weight, right, and.
Speaker 3: Then the girl started thinking I was cute. I joined the soccer team. I started playing soccer, and it was different, and I realized how people treat you different based on what you look. So I learned very, very very young. But after that, after high school. I graduated high school when I was sixteen. When I graduated high school, like my friends were eighteen, they were.
Speaker 4: Off to college. Me I was still like to mom, I want to be a DJ.
Speaker 3: I want to be on the radio. Like it's like, no, yeah, this's cocad. I was like, well, give me this summer off. And then I figure out what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Why did you finish school so early? You're just that smarter?
Speaker 4: What I mean? I was smart? I was I was four point zero.
Speaker 2: Got straight a's damn, that's dope.
Speaker 4: I was really a nerd.
Speaker 3: I really like love school, like one thing I think about all the time. I was like, man, I know I could have done I could have had my bachelor's by not I if I just never went to college because I was scared. I didn't want to get in debt. My mom was By the time I was fourteen, my mom was bankrupt. So I was so traumatized credit cards and just debt. The word debt was like it was so like it, you know. So I was like, why am I going to go to college and then pay so much money? And then what if I don't even get to the job, the job that I studied for. And at the time there was sixteen, my dad just passed away. I'm guys, I'm like, well, I'm just gonna have to start helping the house.
Speaker 1: So it was always your focal point was I want to be a DJ, and you just didn't steer from that.
Speaker 2: It was what it was.
Speaker 3: Nah, Yeah, I was like I wanted to be a DJ and I wanted to be in music. So at the time I was DJing on the weekends, I had a hip.
Speaker 4: Hop blog, I had m blog. I've always just trying to figure out a way.
Speaker 3: I was doing graphic design, like I had so many jobs in between. The focus was always like music and DJ, music and DJ and radio. But I think what helped me gain weight or what. The reason behind that was just kind of like I remember my dad passed away.
Speaker 4: I was sterning with my mother about what I wanted to do with my life.
Speaker 3: And when I told her, like, yeah, I don't want to go to school, I want to be a DJ, she told me, I can't believe it, Like you were so smart, you disappointed me.
Speaker 4: The word disappointed stuck with me forever forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I probably put on like fifteen twenty pounds and people would see me in the street and they always just tell me, hey, dude, what's going on, what's happening? You let yourself go because they had known me as a chubby kit that lost weight and I was starting to get a little bit more weight, so that traumatized me.
Speaker 4: I didn't leave my room for a year.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, shut up, bro, I.
Speaker 3: Thought I was gonna kill myself. I got I was just processing everything. Yeah, like from like sixteen to seventeen, Like, Bro, it'd be rare fermatingly my room, Like it'd be rare I'll just stay in my room. But I was what I was on the computer, learning how to do graphics, learning how to DJ. In a way, I was kind of without knowing, like crafting my skills yourself.
Speaker 4: Tho, yeah, putting myself through school.
Speaker 3: But it's stemmed from like being ashamed of myself, I guess because I didn't want people to see me going on the way.
Speaker 2: But that's crazy, you're going through like a depression.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like so yeah, so that that word disappointment stuck with me for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: After that year, I just find like I said, you know what, fuck it, So what if I'm fat again, I'm still the same guy.
Speaker 2: I'm still cool, I'm still funny.
Speaker 4: I'm yeah, I'm still cool. You know. So I just I rolled with the punch. I said, that's fine, that's cool.
Speaker 3: But you know, DJing late at night, coming home and eating late like that just one thing led to another, right, So I just gradually started getting way. And then when I was twenty two, I'm like, or twenty one twelve, I was like, Yo, this shit ain't working out for me.
Speaker 4: These stuff's not working out for me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm gonna I gotta change my name or something, because like I felt like people were just kind of like following me to be nosy to see what I'm doing in my life, not because they believed in my vision, not because they were fans per.
Speaker 4: Se, Like I get you.
Speaker 3: You could always, at least for me, intercept the kind of energy people will see you as. I was just like, okay, well, back to the drawing board. Back to the drawing boards. So what am I doing? I got on the computer. I started studying music. I'm like, fucking lay. I didn't want to deal with the promoters. They're fucking paying you shit, and they expected it. I was like, nah, I'm thinking world big, worldwide. I always wanted worldwide in my head. I'm always like I meant to be everywhere. And I stumbled upon this genre called minimal techno and progressive trends and uh and then changing my name, changed my name to Jack the Soul. I took French in high school, so I always had like this thing like for France and shit. My sister's name is Jacqueline right, so Shack that was the first name of the name.
Speaker 4: My mom's name is Ada Mansel Soul.
Speaker 3: And then my name is Daniel, so Shaq instead of thhe it's Da, so it was Shack the Soul. So I started making these mixes longstter shirts, started making these mixes on SoundCloud.
Speaker 4: The first mix I make it goes viral.
Speaker 3: But what I did in this mix was in between songs, I was talking in English, Spanish and French.
Speaker 4: Why Because I'm like, I can get a bigger audience. I paid for a.
Speaker 3: Pro count I started looking at the analytics the countries that I was hitting. Okay, all the countries in Europe are popping. I'm uploading these mixes at three am. Why because it's at nine hour difference. It's noon in Europe, and that's the time it was getting the most traffic. So when I was doing that, that allowed all these mixes to be on the top on the top charts of SoundCloud for that genre. In a year, I got to ten thousand falls a SoundCloud and the group of guys messaged me and they're like, hey, we're starting an agency and we want to sign you and fly you out to Paris.
Speaker 4: And want to book you. We'll get you a place to live with us. Are you down. At the time, I was working about flow while beings, I was a cooking and server, and I was like, fuck, well, if I go.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not, I'm gonna come back and I'm not gonna have a job, Like, I knew I was gonna go make millions. I knew I was gonna go change my dream, right, So I just told my boss.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, dude, like, can you like? He's like, Creamy go when you come back, you have your job.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I was like, fuck, So I go whatever, right, first show, I sell it out one hundred tickets, sold out one hundred.
Speaker 4: I sold one hundred tickets in the middle of fucking in Paris. Dude, A kid, no manager, No, I'm like, what the fuck? Like I got.
Speaker 3: Friends here now, Like even if I'm DJing to ad them on the list, not even ten of them will show up.
Speaker 4: And that's free cump bottles. It's like, what the fuck Now that.
Speaker 3: I look at it now, I was like, dude, like like those situations now make me, make me realize the things that I was doing before were monumental.
Speaker 4: A group of six people took a three hour train ride to see my debut in Paris. It was a six It was crazy.
Speaker 3: They asked for autographs, they ask Everything I ever wanted happened in that trip.
Speaker 4: Like I realized, like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Whatever? I had? Another show? The line was along the line I had a security guard walking with me.
Speaker 3: It was a crazy shit ever, like walking me up to the venue, like I'm like, no, this is nuts, this is nuts.
Speaker 4: Like you're like, gee Jesus crazy.
Speaker 3: And then I had a group of fans that went to the first show that they told me, Hey, we're having a barbecue. Do you mind DJing it. I'm like, of course, Like I'll do it. I'm like, dude, I got fans and fucking friends. I took the train and I went to the barbecue. Was five feeble, but there I was. I DJ and I was. I ended up going to the restroom. Long story short, I go number two and I'm twenty three at this point. I go number two and there's blood in my stool.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, and I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: My dad died from cancer, stomach cancer. So I remember when I go to the restroom, I'm like what that. I jump on Google and this has signs of cancer. I panic, I fucking panic. I just the next flight. I'm like, if I'm dying, I'm gonna die next to my family. I should have got Oh fuck. Anyways, I come back. I'm fucking scared. I got in the head space to where I'm dying. I'm gonna die. So what did that do? I'm like, well, I'm gonna live life every day to the fullish.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna eat. I'm gonna eat whatever I want. I'm gonna eat.
Speaker 2: So did you ever check what it was or was it just a hemorrhoid?
Speaker 4: It ended up being just a hemorrhoid.
Speaker 2: But I didn't check this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I didn't check until I started.
Speaker 3: The weight loss thing, okay recent because I'm like, bro, I was losing.
Speaker 4: Weight so fast, sums up something's up. Something's up from time to time.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, to bleed and like, okay, something's up, and like, yeah, I was losing the pounds, but it wasn't I wasn't enjoying it. I was like, first month I dropped eighteen. Second month it was twenty six, thirty month, twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, I'm like, bro, but it's just because you've made a huge life change. Thought in you're good, you're healthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I went to the gas room like yo, I gotta check because I'm not. I'm like, yo, I'm not. This is not even feeling good. Yeah, I go gastro sticks the thumb up my butt, you know, he checks, he checks, and and he's like, yeah, it's just hamorrhoids.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what I was so relief. I was show relief. But yeah, but if you're listening, go get checked. Ever since I committed myself, committed to losing weight and improving my health, like that's always been a focal point.
Speaker 1: I always tell them. I'm like, you girls, go get your pap smears.
Speaker 2: Go get your bovies check. Like yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Not a sexy thing to talk about, but it is what has to happen.
Speaker 2: Real, it's real. It's a real shit.
Speaker 3: So especially I think in our culture, like you know, us man were I don't know. My dad knew he had cancer, but I never told us why because he didn't want to worry anybody. M yeah, man, there's so much to talk about it.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Forty five minutes and.
Speaker 2: Enough, I know. But I have one question, though, talk to me, okay.
Speaker 1: One thing that I was blown away with you guys when I thought, I don't know, I mean, I thought you drink the keli. I thought you probably smoked a little bit of herb. But you don't do any of that. Huh, You're not a big drinker. You drink one thing. You don't even really drink coffee. I hear you were drinking. You gave me he made me this delicious green tea. Yeah, so it's like you're more of a tea guy. You always have your like your your water with you. Like you're pretty, you're pretty healthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I try to be.
Speaker 3: I do drink and I do smoke from time to time now, but I mean I didn't drink.
Speaker 4: I was very little.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first time I drank I was twenty five. First time I smoked weed was twenty six. And I only and I only smoked because at the time I was I was you know, my girlfriend, she was a big smoker, and I always had this like, ah, she's a piet, like she for the streets, you know.
Speaker 4: I always had that attitude.
Speaker 3: But you know, she was a great woman, you know, and I'm like, what if I'm just being closed minded?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like nah, stereot.
Speaker 4: She never made me smoke.
Speaker 3: I smoked because she told me it caused my anxiety, relaxes me.
Speaker 4: So I smoked, and I realized, like, yo, what does calm me down?
Speaker 2: Does it make you hungry?
Speaker 4: It does make you hungry. That's why I also don't smoke because I don't want to get hunger.
Speaker 2: And give a munchie.
Speaker 1: That's why I was like, I'll smoke to like relax, but then no one can stop me. I will eat everything in my way. It's bad, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, I try and limit it, like I can go out and not drink mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's not like you need it to have. I don't at all at all at all, just such a happy like.
Speaker 4: People don't mean they think I'm on cocaine. That's how hyper I am.
Speaker 1: When they mean, like you coked down, and that's just something that you've always been like that, even when you're.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, never, I've never done coke. I'm not a big drug person, like I'm not. I try to judge people that do drugs. Sometimes I'll be honest and I shouldn't judge, but I'm like, nah, life is much more beautiful than that, Like yeah, I just feel like it's an escape sometimes people like fuck, I know life is hard.
Speaker 2: But they use it for the people.
Speaker 4: Some people you feel me get it.
Speaker 3: The psychedelic things and my time nicker right now for people like that are into the psychedelics and are defending I don't know. I'm I'm completely ignorant to all other stuff, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: I refrain from any kind of substance. I try not to. The most I do is herb and a little bit of drink nice.
Speaker 3: Like that's it, especially when i'm DJ. And I also like to be focused, like I want to know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing, yeah, and then what you feel after the next day, you know what I mean. Like my long term goal is not to drink alcohol because I love tequila. I mean that's something I love, but I'm not like an alcoholic. But I will get on stage and I'll drink. The whole thing is like part of the show. But I do want to live a life where I'm completely like clean, you know what I mean. Like that's like I admire people like that. So it's like that's something I really really want to work on. I'm thinking for next year, I would get basat.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm not a ninety Yeah, I would say like ninety ten for sure. Like, like I do have a routine too, Like if I drink, it's either Friday or Saturday. And that's if if I drink a Friday, I won't drink Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're disciplined.
Speaker 4: I'm also disciplined in regarding and it's like one two that's it.
Speaker 3: But that's if like yeah, other than that, like I try not to. I try not to because it could be an expensive habit as well.
Speaker 1: It's very true. And before you go, let's you, Danny. Can you share your your social media handles for for those of you that may not follow him, please follow him. He's he's a great dude. So again, thank you for being on. So yeah, share your socials.
Speaker 3: Okay, before I go, I do want to say I want this to be a part two because I didn't feel like we talked enough.
Speaker 4: I also wanted to get to know you, okay, so let this be.
Speaker 3: This is the teaser. Was just going to be a part two. I had to get to work, so that's why we're kind of kind of short. My handle is at lechetto l e c h e r oh on x, formerly known as Twitter. It's at dj chto dj l e c h e r oh TikTok. I don't really use it. That job made me make one so I could be more popping. It's at dj lchetto throughout this Chatto is the same thing as Instagram with us though I have I'm on Bigo now they're paying me to broadcast live.
Speaker 4: It's a low so follow me.
Speaker 2: And you're also a producer now, huh.
Speaker 4: I hear producer.
Speaker 3: I also have like an influencer marketing agency that called Spunched Post.
Speaker 4: I'm launching a tea company. I'm doing a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: But again, I don't really like to talk to I like to do it first and then talk about it.
Speaker 1: You know, I love it, I feel you, so Okay, we'll leave that for part two.
Speaker 2: But that's awesome.
Speaker 4: You want a campaign, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You let me get some of that voice, and and you let me know how much its gonna cost to put that pretty face on my with my tea.
Speaker 2: Don't only if I love it. I won't promote anything unless I love it.
Speaker 1: And hell yeah, oh my god, I'm so excited for you guys. You know, he's a DJ, he's an entrepreneur, he's a producer.
Speaker 2: You guys, I'm happy. Oh, before you guys, before we go.
Speaker 1: I always have a motivational quote for you guys, but I don't have a motivational quote today. What I have is I want you guys to stop and think about three things right now that you are grateful for.
Speaker 2: It could be anything.
Speaker 1: Say it out loud, say it to yourself. I'm going to say, I'm grateful for you, for my listeners. I'm grateful that le Cetto is able to come on the podcast. I'm also grateful for the roof over my head. So that's what I want to leave you guys with before we end this podcastto thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Lete. I appreciate it in but we got to like link up soon, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean? Yeah, I got to.
Speaker 3: I got two phrases on the way, I'll never give up and happiness is a choice.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay, and tell me three things real quick that you are grateful.
Speaker 4: For health, family, and water and water.
Speaker 1: Honestly, water is a good one. Health, family, and water. All right, you guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Chiks and chwohis.
Speaker 1: Do you need advice on love, relationships, health emails. I'm so excited to share with you that my Cheeky's and Chill podcast will have an extra episode drop each week. I'll be answering all your questions. Just leave me a voice message. All you have to do is go to speak pipe dot com, slash Cheekys and Chill Podcasts and record your questions.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear from you.
Speaker 1: This is a production of iHeartRadio and the Michael Dura podcast Network. Follow us on Instagram at Michaeldura Podcasts and follow me Cheeky's That's c h i q u i s. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcast, and check us out on YouTube.