Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Boy, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up Up.
Speaker 1: They making noise up, start Up, dot.
Speaker 3: Up, Episode three thirty six. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Yes it is Hi, David Brody, Hello, Scary Jones. How you doing three three thirty six?
Speaker 1: It's a lot. Yeah, yeah, you know three plus three is six.
Speaker 3: I like when we bask in the afterglow of all the podcasts that we've done before this one oh, three thirty six. That was some journey that we've been on. Three hundred and thirty five podcasts under our belt. Ah, look at that. I like gacky to tell you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do a Marvel podcast which I'm doing later today to review and or you can look for that on Escape Network on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: The guy I do the podcast with his name is Christian and he has another podcast that he's that he does. He's up to episodes. I think he up to episode four ninety six, ninety five something like that. Yeah, he's gonna be celebrating his five hundred episodes soon.
Speaker 1: Wow, do you think we'll make it? Make it the five hundred?
Speaker 3: Not with your attitude me, I'm the one who's always bright eyed and bushytailed around here.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm the one that's bright, So I guess that's what you're you always have an axe to grind. I do.
Speaker 4: And speaking of which, I've got a new song to debut later in the show.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about me. No, it's about politics. I'm looking to upset half the audience, and of course it's about you. Okay, what did I do this time? It doesn't matter. We'll play this song later. Slices swear as I'm standing here right now. He didn't tell me about this. I had no idea this is coming.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: No, I'm never gonna played for you. That's why I got this set up here. I can play it off my phone. What's the old days I had to send you the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, what's the song? What's the subject matter?
Speaker 4: Not telling you anything? Not telling you anything? It doesn't matter that the matter doesn't matter. No, I sang it myself with this golden voice. Yes, it's an AI created song, but it sounds it's it's terrific.
Speaker 1: I'm very proud of it.
Speaker 3: I am loving all the AI songs that are out there on Instagram, reels and tiktoks. We send each other back. We should have send them to each other back and forth. There they're great. Some of them are more clever than others.
Speaker 4: Well, mostly we send each other the ones that are AI songs. Of the nasty comments about the video the comment section comment section. AI songs are hysterical and did you.
Speaker 1: Believe you get the one I sent you today? Well?
Speaker 4: Yet last night with the guy uh has a face? Think about his face?
Speaker 1: Yet with the nose? No, no, no, no, the nostril say anything that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so sad that we can't even because half the they would offend half our audience. If some of the stuff that we exchange back and forth in our dms, i' my guy, it's like we should have a podcast based on that.
Speaker 1: But I don't think people would want to see that side of us because we have like a nasty humor.
Speaker 4: You know what's bad when like a third of the comments are like, I'm laughing, but I'm going to hell for this. Yeah, right, by the way, it doesn't get you out of help of saying that if there's a hell, and I don't know how it works, but you're like, I'm probably gonna go to hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I guess.
Speaker 3: I think that makes them feel better about themselves for pasted it on to their friends. Because I mean, I don't know about you guys in your group slices, but do you send in appropriate reels back and forth to each other? Because I have a group of friends that I do, and and I know there's some people that can tolerate certain things and other people I han't.
Speaker 4: So, but you all have that inappropriate price. So you watch a video, you're like, ooh, ooh, I shouldn't be laughing at that. That's offensive. But you're like, but it's fucking.
Speaker 1: Fun, like eleven people right now, right, But so you know who the eleven are, but you also know who the three. You can't send it correct?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Yes, oh yeah. Every reel that I send is curated. Yeah, because I think about it in my head. Do I really want to send this to that person? This person will get a laugh out of this, This one won't. Anything involving AI parodies and really inappropriate shit and humor I always sent to Brody, right, but Scary.
Speaker 1: And I have to work on a rule.
Speaker 4: The rule is if there's five videos waiting that the other person sent you that you haven't watched yet. Yeah, you can't send them any more videos.
Speaker 1: I've fallen behind. Yeah, you've fallen behind.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh my god, I want I want Skater, like, I want his thoughts on that one. I send Scary a video which he finally watched, where it's a guy getting things thrown at him, and it was like me getting sent videos by my friend who keeps sending me videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the assembly line.
Speaker 1: Keep throwing shit at him.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's you, that's me sending you reels because I can't keep up.
Speaker 4: The thing that gets me is the people in the comments who write, I don't find this funny. Nobody needs to know that. Yeah, just scroll, just take you figure, move, wipe this. This isn't funny yet it is. If you're not funny, you can't say something definitively is not funny. What you mean is it's not funny to you, and that's fine, But I don't care. Add something to the conversation or get the vue out right, much like our talkbacks.
Speaker 1: Add something to the conversation. Right.
Speaker 3: My guess is it showed up in your algorithm because deep down you like it.
Speaker 1: You don't want to admit you like it.
Speaker 3: But when the large person jumps on the slip and slide and goes a foot because they don't slip or slide, you're like, oh god, that's kind of funny. Yeah, but you're like, oh, I feel bad, but it's god funny. Listen, if you do something that's kind of funny, right and you post it, you know you're you're kind of saying like, I'd like feedback. That's a new thing now where people know that they're unattractive or very large, like they're looking for the they just wanted to.
Speaker 1: So they lean into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they sit right because they know they're gonna get I don't care. They don't care about the comment section, right, And I'm fine with that. If you're comfortable enough to know that you're gonna get shit. Yeah, well you're fine with it, like that's fine. Like the other day, for what this happened to me?
Speaker 1: Oh, you put that picture up of you in a bathing suit? No, no, no, worse. Oh I'm actually I'm actually okay in a bathing suit these days?
Speaker 3: Remember a second quarter security? Yeah, although that jumping around video, that's.
Speaker 1: The one I'm talking about. You already know.
Speaker 3: So that was I already knew that I was gonna get craped for so in case you don't know what we're talking about. During the Elvis Strand Morning Show, we always have cameras on us, and there was a song that was on and it had like, you know me, I like my drummend bass, I like when there's a good beat drop, I like that techno shit. And all of a sudden, this EDM song had it was a David ghett I believe it was. Oh it was to the tune of It was the final countdown from Europe, the final Countdown to Okay, and it was a techno version that David Getta released and I'm like, this is a fucking banger. So we started playing it on the air and I start jumping around like a gorilla behind Elvis, dancing to her. Now about maybe three seconds into the dance.
Speaker 1: I'm realizing, oh shit, I'm not just on the radio.
Speaker 3: I'm actually on camera right now, and Deanna, who does our video stuff, is in the back capturing this. So I have a chance to stop right now, and then there won't be enough for a clip to put.
Speaker 1: Up online to go viral yep.
Speaker 3: Or I could lean into it and dance for the next thirty seconds like a gorilla, and I chose watching. I chose the latter, like no one's watching, didn't care. I was like jumping up and down all over the place, and behind Elvis. Elvis was like also probably playing it up.
Speaker 1: Like get away from me, get away like face palming.
Speaker 3: So pretty much, I chose that moment, Brody to not give a fuck about what people thought. I'm like, you know what, let this go online, let people say what they're gonna say.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna dance. And did you read the comments? Did you ignore them?
Speaker 3: I ignored them because I know people said some crazy shit. Yeah, I'm sorry, I know what. It was late at night, I was drunk. Did you read the comments?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Well I wasn't drunk. No, because it was an instant story, so I can't see that.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't see any direct messages. But and I also didn't look at the it's a real no, no, no, it's out there right now. It's they made it into a reel, so this is all. I saw it as your instat story. I didn't see it as a reel.
Speaker 1: I reposted it. That's how proud I was of it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wouldn't look at the comments because what's gonna happen. People are gonna say positive things and I'll have to give them shit for that because they're they're lying, or they're going to say negative things, and after we go after them and they're like, how's it going to look? When the guy doesn't even work there anymore? Is like going after Skier. He's attackers. That's not my place. I don't look not my place. I do find it interesting that after I left the show is when they installed cameras at everybody's microphones and all over the studio. Oh well, thank god there were on cameras about to say.
Speaker 3: You would never you would never have liked that. You would have been miserable, right, yeah, do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, Oh.
Speaker 3: I decided it's time to start video recording in addition to the audio we're recording right now. I figured that maybe want some video for some future for future purposes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not going to post that. Are you trying to get a clip of me being as bad as you? And that dance clip? Because I'm not going to jump up and down and dance all right?
Speaker 3: If you want there to be no, we should record some video, right, do we want video?
Speaker 1: No? Oh we don't. Okay, all right, we don't. We'll move on. We'll move on, all right.
Speaker 4: So we were talking about people who send each other too many video and everybody. Most people have friends like that to send twenty videos. I told you last episode about Pete, the guy that.
Speaker 1: Came along to dinner.
Speaker 3: Pete was the undivided guests you were trying to you.
Speaker 1: You cared about the draft and what you write.
Speaker 4: And then Pete came along and I said Pete was a nice guy, not you know, nice enough guy in down the road. I'm sure we can be friendly animosity for Pete's sake.
Speaker 1: Haha. Well, here's the problem.
Speaker 4: So Pete that I told you about. Pete's not on social media. So if you're not on social media, you can't send memes and reels and TikTok videos to your friends. But if you have the phone number because you were part of a group chat, you can send text messages of memes that you think are funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, in our lives, if I see a funny meme, what do I do with it?
Speaker 1: What do you do with it?
Speaker 3: Can you see a funny meme. Oh, I send it on to everybody, to the whole group chat. But how how you text it? If it depends on where it's living. If it's living in Instagram, I just click the little airplane and I share it in Instagram. If it's a text message, I share it on text. Okay, I try not to cross pollinate. Okay, So a couple of things before I forget slices. I love when you see a video that you feel like, oh my god, Brody would love this video. But when you send me eight videos, I can't keep up and I feel bad. So just a reminder, send me that one or two that you love that you know I will love.
Speaker 4: But if it's just like oh boom boom, I can't keep up and then I feel then I get guilt. All right, So anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Have a few people like that in my dms. They send me too much and then I feel bad. I can't watch them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I want a lot of them because I respect your opinion of what you think I will like, but it's it's too much.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So if you see I haven't so I comment on all the videos. I'll put a smiley face, a heart I'll give some kind of emoji. Okay, if I haven't given any feedback on the last seven videos you've sent, that's a that's a that's a hint to pause until I catch up, because I will eventually catch up. But if I have it, don't be like, oh he probab watched him, but he didn't comment. No, No, I will always let you know I watched him.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Back to Pete.
Speaker 4: So, Pete isn't on Instagram, we're not Facebook friends, he's not on Twitter with me. He's not on blue Sky or TikTok any other way he could send me stuff. So he sends them to me and my friend constantly memes memes all hours of the day, four or five a day. Yeah, he's the meme machine. The meme machine. That's my favorite wrestler back in.
Speaker 1: The eighties, the meme Machine. Yeah, meme Machine. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be rude, right, So I said to my friend, dude, what's up with meme Machine. He's like, well, he's not on social media like you are, So this is what normal people do.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I said, yeah, but I've only I only met him once. I didn't sign up for a meme machine. I don't need to see funny memes.
Speaker 1: I got enough.
Speaker 3: The worst part of it is it's a push meaning, a text meaning you have to see if you get all alert every time one comes in.
Speaker 1: It's not like it vibrates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least with Instagram or you know, TikTok, you can kind of correct look at them and at your leisure when you.
Speaker 1: Decided to go get them correct.
Speaker 4: So I get a text message alert, I'm like, oh, okay, it's a group chat. So I'm like, oh, is it my friend or this guy Pete. I'm like, oh, it's Pete. He sent another meme a meme machine. He's mean machine.
Speaker 1: So I so my friend.
Speaker 4: Says, you got to put up with it. That's just the way he is. He likes you know, he thinks you're funny, and he's trying to send you funny stuff. I go, that's great, but then he needs to be funny.
Speaker 3: Sending me a meme that somebody else wrote, Okay, but I put it in my Instagram.
Speaker 4: Send me a link. I just I can't take the text messages. I can't not like over and over and over again. Plus you know, no one's on my schedule. I'm sleeping late. So he says, send me memes at nine o'clock in the morning, and I'm like, oh, another meme from Pete.
Speaker 1: So I'm on A can't. I can't. I can't. If I mute him, it'll be obvious that I'm not that I'm you know, I'm on. I'm on.
Speaker 3: I'm on a threat with Scotty B. It's just Scotty B from The Big Show and me and a third person. And this third person once once again, similar to the meme machine, does not have social media, gets these memes, thinks they're funny, and then we'll just group chat Scotty and me once a week. Once a week is fine, every day, two or three a day. Yeah, this guy, Yeah, that's him.
Speaker 1: How okay, this guy that's on your group chat? Yes? How long you actually know? Okay? So he's an acquaintance.
Speaker 3: He we know him for about I want to say about maybe ten years okay, but that's but he's an acquaintance Brody. And the reason why Scotty and I got put on this thread with him was because we were at an event somewhere on the same day and it was the three of us and we had one random conversation the three of us, and I guess he felt, oh, let's start a group chat the three of us now, truth be told. I love Scotty beat to death, but on a normal day, you know, we don't really talk like non stop on text message. Right, So now I'm tied in on a text with this guy that I rarely speak to with Scotty. And then Scotty and I sometimes side bar each other like, all right, is this guy done yet?
Speaker 1: I mean, was that really funny? Was that necessary?
Speaker 3: But we don't have the heart to tell him that this is just an added noise in our life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same thing. But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: You know this guy ten years right, Yeah, that is nine point nine to eight more years than I know Pete.
Speaker 1: I met Pete once, So what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell us to say something to Pete about are you gonna dress it? Well?
Speaker 4: I went to dinner with my friend last night, the one who invited Pete. We went to dinner and I said, uh, when he showed up, I said, oh, no surprise guests this time.
Speaker 1: He'said, what do you mean? I go, Well, last time you invited Pete?
Speaker 4: So I was wondering which of you many friends, I don't know who's going to come to this dinner.
Speaker 1: He's like, aha, I go, is he is Pete? Okay?
Speaker 4: He said, why do you ask? I said, because I didn't get any memes today. I want to make sure he's okay. He's like, you're a wise as. I go, yeah, yes, that's why we're friends. My friends are wisess also, so I hope Pete's okay. Shout out Pete.
Speaker 3: But a couple of days without memes, I've been good, yeah, with Bertie and Scary. So well, by the way, why are you in a rush today? You, of all people want to get started with you, like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, well the big I told you I have a podcast at four o'clock today, all right, and we.
Speaker 1: Know which one pays the bills, and that's this one.
Speaker 3: That's correct. But the other one's fun, not that this one is. Oh really, it's like that, huh.
Speaker 1: No, the other one is also fun.
Speaker 4: So I do that one with different friends because you don't know anything about Star Wars or Marvel, and we do a Marvel and Disney.
Speaker 1: Podcast star Wars. So that's that's the nerd herd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I will tell you if you're a Star Wars fan, the TV show and or which it just released, it's finished releasing.
Speaker 1: Its second season is a masterpiece. It is.
Speaker 3: It is epically good, like ridiculously fantastic. Season one was tremendous. Season two might be even better.
Speaker 1: So good. So we'll be talking about that four o'clock. So good.
Speaker 4: That's on your Geekscape search for a Geekscape network on YouTube. And again, if you don't watch it live, it lives up there forever.
Speaker 1: Hey I got a question.
Speaker 3: Yes, I probably have an answer. I still got a song coming up soon. Oh I can't you know what scratch my Qut?
Speaker 1: No, no, I want to heat questions.
Speaker 4: I want to comment on it. No, no, you'll get to comment on it. But do your question for us?
Speaker 3: Do you think that the way we dance is generational? And here's and not talking about dance moves like you know, you know, break dancing or the robot or the you know or the meshed potato. What I mean the way we dance Because my cousin Nicole, who's a teacher, said that gen X has a specific way of moving on the dance floor. Again, when I talk about organized moves or dances that are predetermined, talking about you know, the moves that we do and the way we move. So for instance, like you do the lip bite, no gen X apparently dances with their hands in the air like they just don't ca'n't catch or like a lot of songs encourage that, a lot of raising of the roof, the roof, the roof, the roof is on all that stuff. But so if you're if you're dancing with your hands in the air or pushing up or fist pumping, apparently your gen X because just by seeing the person dance, because your hands will be up. Whereas also when they can plain at their shoulders hard afterwards, their gen X.
Speaker 1: There's that.
Speaker 3: But millennials are not even millennials gen z. They say, dances with their hands at eye level, like they'll push out almost like personal space, give me my personal space. But they dance like this like at eye let like their hands and their arms or at eye level. So if they're gonna do they wouldn't do a full on pump or raise the roof. If it's that they give you like the people's elbow or something I don't know.
Speaker 1: You have a question.
Speaker 4: You have a question, So what you don't see? Guys, it's scary as re enacting what he's saying. He he's he's acting out the dance moves he's describing, and he's like, look, they do their hands at eye level, but his hands are by.
Speaker 1: His boobs as he's doing that. Well that's the eye level. Eye levels up. He is scary. You know what.
Speaker 3: You know what I level means the level of your eyes or no, eye level is many level and below and like by your chest. But they dance what you said?
Speaker 1: Okay, well either way, yeah, I guess. So I think that.
Speaker 3: Do you think dancing is generational like that? Or is my cousin smoking smoking crack? No, everybody in the fifties was doing the twist. It was they were gyrating their hips. It was more about that then. Nobody was gyrating their hips when we were learned growing up.
Speaker 1: So if I don't, I don't want to give my age.
Speaker 3: So if I'm out somewhere, I don't want it to be like, oh my god, that that guy right there that.
Speaker 4: You think people look at you and they can't tell how old you are until you dance is that what you're going with.
Speaker 3: I think they may give me credit as being young younger. You think you think you're a millennial. I could be late millennial. Yeah, millennials. The oldest millennials are now like in their early forties. I could absolutely early. I could pass for like late thirties on a good night, if she's drunk enough, if no, you kidding me, If I get enough sleep, if I get enough sleep, if I get if I rest all day and I take a shower and I shave, and I do my hair up, and I'm feeling good and I'm relaxed, I could. And the lighting is low, I could pass in this photoshop. No, no, in person, I could. I can pass myself off as being in my late thirties. I've been mistaken for being in my late thirties. Now right now, I look and feel like ass because it's three o'clock in the afternoon. I've been up since four AM. Yeah, I took a shower at five. I just I'm dirty. I'm like whatever, I'm disheveled. I haven't shaved in a couple of days. My hair's a mess.
Speaker 1: Fucking look about sixty five, and we're in a Ratty T shirt. I'm like zero foks given right now? So right now?
Speaker 4: You want and you wanted to do video today? Not necessarily, Yeah you should read you should the good thing. We rethought that. No, but I feel that I can be No, I could be mistaken for a forty year old.
Speaker 1: Buying a seven year old even though I'm fifty one. No, I've mistaken you for thirty. Is a thirty year old mistaken you for thirty? Have we had this conversation on the podcast before.
Speaker 4: I don't know, But let me ask a question. Who's mistaken you for thirty? A thirty year old or a five year old? No, a twenty year old, twenty four year old?
Speaker 3: Oh, because today everybody looks older. Maybe they don't know age. A twenty year old, you could be fifty, you could be thirty.
Speaker 1: You're just old.
Speaker 3: No, I just have I don't have. I don't have the mileage on me that someone has. We've talked about this part of it right on the podcast. But how you know when you have you know, kids, there's mileage. Yeah, we've done this before. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I feel like because I look older because they kids.
Speaker 3: Yet didn't we discuss this here or was it a different podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, no, in a nutshell.
Speaker 3: My my hypothesis is that I have less mileage on me because I have less anxiety, less stress. Why because I never got married. I live alone, I make my own decisions, everything's at ease, and I don't have any kids. So your theory is and I therefore I come off as younger.
Speaker 4: Having a wife and kids is stressful and adds to your your poor health.
Speaker 3: Now then I'm thinking about it. We have not had this conversation on this podcast. Yes, I feel like we have. Yes, I feel like, yes, I have I feel like we have Yes. I feel that way. I feel that if you like you, Brody, you know, but there's other people that you.
Speaker 4: Have three kids, but they don't. They don't provide an ounce of stress to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look at you, but yeah, I feel that as a result of me not having been put through the ringer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also listen, my kids are fantastic and bring me a ton of joy as well, and you don't have that either. So oh, I got joy. I got, I got I got the joy of not having you got.
Speaker 4: You got you got you got joy? Dish washing the jersey. That's the dish under you sink. That's what you got.
Speaker 1: I have. I'm enjoyed. I'm enjoyed. No, but you don't feel that way, Well you don't.
Speaker 4: There's other people in your life that don't have a wife and kids, and I wouldn't say, look thirty all right? Sex on the way, Dave, how old does he look? M Yeah he could pass for like forty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's how old is he's fifty five? Oh shit? Yeah he looks good. It's a lot of sex. I guess that helps. I don't know. I I do think it plays a part.
Speaker 3: I think stress and anxiety play a part in your age, the way you appear. Yeah, but I don't think that's from a wife and kids. So togical question.
Speaker 4: Lots of people that are happily married that don't have stress from their wife and kids.
Speaker 3: If I'd like to disguise my age on the dance floor, I'm not gonna dance with my hands in the air like I just don't care. I'm gonna try and do some moves at.
Speaker 1: Eye let eye level hands.
Speaker 4: I level hands, all right, because but it's a thing I told my kid, are you gonna do the cabbage patch? Because that's that's the hands are in the same area basically as you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't know. But my cousin, but listen, she's a high school teacher. She she's onto all the trends. But that's what her kids tell her in her class. But don't you think people.
Speaker 4: Will see you going look at that that gen X are trying to trying to dance young? I mean, isn't it the same as like where trying to dance like, dude, look at the old dude trying to dance young. You can't dance young if people if you dance young around twenty year olds.
Speaker 1: But like, look at it at all.
Speaker 3: I'm questioning the fact that it's even a thing because I think that young kids didn't they throw their hands in the air.
Speaker 1: No, maybe they don't. I don't know how true.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think about the times I've seen my kids dance. I don't recall them putting their hands in the air. I don't, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, just food for thought my podcast. We will be right back. You were saying something before the commercial break.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what hold on, hold on, let me look at let me get these gen X is nineteen what five to what years were millennials? No?
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, well here we're gen Z born nineteen ninety six and beyond. Oh, gen Z is ninety seven to twenty twelve. That's correct, all right, So my kids are My kids are gen Z, although I will tell you that one, maybe two of them will deny that.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're going to tell you that millennials, yeah why.
Speaker 4: Because they think gen Z is not a generation they'd like to advertise being.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I want to be the fly on the wall when you break it to them that they are actually gen Z.
Speaker 1: And let's see if they flip. This is one of them.
Speaker 4: I think one of them think, well, you know what, I gotta be honest with I don't want first of all, I don't want to quote my kids.
Speaker 1: It's their lives and their opinions. But I think one of them, yeah, being a gen Z or jen why is not an opinion, it's a fact. It's it's a it's a mathematical gen Why is millennial? Right? That is correct? Yeah? All right? So hold on, what years are millennials born? Let's see that we already know nineteen eighty to nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 4: Eighty one to ninety six. Okay, there, so my kids aren't millennials, all right, They're not. Oh, you gonna break break their hearts today?
Speaker 3: No, I don't, no, no, I'm not gonna no. I don't remember which one have a debate, get into a fight.
Speaker 1: I just remember. No.
Speaker 4: No, I remember one of them saying that they did not want to be part of the generation, that they.
Speaker 1: Were bad, so sad. They are too bad, so sad.
Speaker 4: Hey, speaking of which, you know, there's an ex football player. He was played mostly for the Jets, the Bengals, and the Arizona Cardinals, or the same whenever they played with them, the Cardinals. Maybe they're saying Lewis Cardinals anyway. Uh, you know Boomer Siason. He's a legend in New York. Played for the Jets's quarterback left hand and he's now he's now one of the morning show hosts in New York on the sports station. And I've played charity softball with him a couple of times. We used to park in the same garage when we work downtown. They see him all the time.
Speaker 3: And his his real name isn't Boomer, but that was his nickname in school, like fifty years ago when he was in school. Okay, Boomer, so he's Boomer Siason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like how does he get away from like his co host like if like like okay, scary, but if you're constantly going okay, Boomer, okay, Boomer.
Speaker 3: It's it's like women whose names. Like there's a couple of women in pickleball. Their names their name's Karen. Like so when when you come on the pick a ball court, especially when I'm already there, like if I win, I'm usually there holding the ball and I'm waiting for two more people to come on, and they'll come up and if you don't know them, like hey I'm Mike.
Speaker 4: I go ahead, Mike, I'm David, good luck, and then we play. But if it comes up, she's like, hey, I'm Karen.
Speaker 1: Not like that.
Speaker 3: They always go not like that. They have to like qualify it and go not like my name's Karen.
Speaker 1: But I'm not like that because they probably heard it a million times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I feel bad like if you have a name that is brutalized, like like you know, if your name is Leo. Now you know people like making Pope jokes. Oh absolutely, yeah, did you see the Leo DiCaprio pope meme. No, no, no, no, I'll text it to you, text it to me. Actually, if you can send it snail mail, that would be great.
Speaker 1: Boomer. Yeah, I'll print it out and mail, print it out and mail it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if your name's Karen or like your nicknames, Boomer, that's that's it's difficult. But I think Leo's got Did you guys do what would be your pope name on the morning show?
Speaker 1: No? How do you arrive that from that? Like, how do you arrive on your pope name?
Speaker 4: I figured it in the prep that you guys get, you know, one morning shows also get something that get prep where like companies write, you know, they summarize stories and news articles, and sometimes they'll give topic suggestions and a lot of morning shows around the country will subscribe to the same one. And I know Elvis doesn't do that because you guys do original shit. But there are morning shows that, like in every market in the country, they'll all read the same ideas and they'll be doing the same bit all over the country. Yeah, like it was their idea, And so I was thinking, you know, like how you figure out your poor name is like your street and your dogs and they all that fake bullshit. I just figured somebody would have written into the prep one day for somebody like, heyre's an idea if you wanted to figure out your pope name. Take your grandfa, this name, whatever, whatever shit. And I'm like, there's got to be something like made up with it. So I was like, I don't I'm not Catholics. I wouldn't never come up with my pope name. But if you had to pick a name that was sounded popish, what would your pope name be? Would you be Pope Anthony because that's your name. Anthony sounds Catholic enough. I don't think Anthony was ever a pope. But then don't you have to choose names that there were before? Like Pope Leo?
Speaker 3: Like Leo was there, he's like the fourteenth this guy, so this is Leo the fourteenth there with thirteen Leo's before him.
Speaker 1: Can you be the originator?
Speaker 3: Can you be an originator of a name, like somebody who was Pope David, Like could Pope David be a thing?
Speaker 4: Are you allowed to start start a new name? Well, Pope John Paul the second was only the second.
Speaker 3: So the second John. But I'm sure there's been brother Pope John's before. Yeah, but that's not my point. My point is he chose John Paul and he was only the second John Paul.
Speaker 1: And that wasn't even his name. Well that's why you take a name, dumbass.
Speaker 3: But I don't want Yeah, what's the whole purpose of taking names? What if I just want to be the name that I am?
Speaker 1: You think Leo should have stayed as Pope Bob, Pope Bob. Why not? He's American Pope Bob.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the American Parzonan to dore keeping your name, none of than keeping like Pope Bob.
Speaker 1: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 3: What if his name actually was Leo and he's like, oh, Pop Leo, but I'm naming myself after the last Pope.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, you're just keeping your name. No, no, no, I'm naming myself after Pope Leo. Well, if you became pope, you might be pop.
Speaker 3: I read somewhere that he chose Leo because of the type of person that the last Leo was. Yes, so they they kind of fall into line with that thinking, and they're like, you know what, this person thought this way and fought for this and stuff to that. So I'm going to choose that because that's the direction I'm going into.
Speaker 4: Yes, you listen, it's not your type of movie, but slices if if, if you haven't already, I.
Speaker 1: Know that I want to see the Conclave. Conclave.
Speaker 3: Conclave, not the Just Conclave is a fantastic movie. Okay, fantastic movie.
Speaker 1: I want to say this movie.
Speaker 3: I told you I went to see and then there were women behind me who are very must have been very conservative just whatever, they were, like offended when they walked out. Yeah, I can't believe they got trash and it. Dude, don't go to a movie about the Catholic Church if you're worried that you're gonna be offended.
Speaker 4: There's nothing offensive in the movie. It's the acting is amazing, the writing's terrific. But it's not it's a it's a it's not one hundred percent accurate portrayal. It's a it's a portrayal of what could have happened on any given conclave. But it talks, you know, shows them like sequestered and how they're picking names, and and the and the and the politics involved in the voting. It's fascinating, fascinating. Yeah, you're talking about my pope name.
Speaker 1: Would be uh yeah, I haven't chosen mine either.
Speaker 3: By the way, earlier we were talking about the show prep like you know, when we have those funny, mindless sometimes mindless ideas of thoughtstoughters that we all share around the country. One came across the other day that was so hilarious and I never gave it much giving it much thought, it was pretty original. But do you realize that if you die today, that your ghost outfit would be the outfit you're wearing right now.
Speaker 1: Think about that for a second. That's the case.
Speaker 3: If you pass right now, that is what you're going to be wearing as a ghost for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: First of all, I don't believe in ghosts, and second of all, I mean I appreciate the ID. It's funny, funny concept, but is that really how ghosts work? Do you really think you have a human form? With the blue T shirt I'm wearing? What if I was naked, I have to be naked the rest of my existence?
Speaker 1: Maybe then you were about your ghost outfit. No, nobody wants that.
Speaker 4: No, No, I think I think if you want to fantasize that ghosts are real, then I would.
Speaker 1: Imagine that I believe in ghosts.
Speaker 4: So well, that's fine, but I maybe I have a Mets jersey on for all eternity, but I don't think it be this blue shit.
Speaker 1: How do you not believe in ghosts?
Speaker 4: By the way, because it's not part of my upbringing and I've never seen one. I don't believe in things that don't exist. Yeah, but I don't believe in things that aren't material. I should say I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 3: Don't you see documentaries, You've seen all kinds of proof that they could be out there.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no no no, I've not seen proof. I've seen things that like it's like when you see Jesus and toast. It's a little extreme.
Speaker 3: I'm talking specifically about, like you don't think houses can be haunted. We hear about to haunt things all the time.
Speaker 4: How do you explain, so the Amityville Horror House was admittedly fake and they made millions off of it, how.
Speaker 3: Do I explain what is haunted? When things things don't make the things don't add up. When things don't add up, that people go to math that people go through.
Speaker 1: Now that what people go.
Speaker 3: Through, like if you you know, when when lights start turning themselves on and off or.
Speaker 1: You're you're short, okay, an electrician to fix it. Okay.
Speaker 3: My sister's friend Daria had a ghost that would play with them all the time. So when whenever they did believe in ghosts before they had a ghost. No, she believed in it because things started happening afterwards. So apparently every time the mom would be vacuuming the carpet or something like that, there was a humming sound the appliance ghost. The appliance ghost would disconnect, would would pull the plug from the wall. So she pulled the plug out of the wall, or it would pull the plug out of the wall.
Speaker 4: And not because she vacuumed and pulled the plug out right right, not right right right, not because the outlet was loose, right, inexplicable.
Speaker 1: Right. There are things that listen. This has been well documented.
Speaker 3: That were well documented, well documented where and the people that things are Metific Journal of Medicine. I'm just surprised that a person like you doesn't have it open. No me, I'm cynical. Why I'm the most cynical person you know. Why would You're like, I'm so surprised, slices. Is there anyone listening to this podcast who thought? First of all, we've had ghost conversations before where I've I've ridiculed you rightly or wrongly wrongly. Why would you say, okay, but you told me the story about your Charleston ghost house. You paid one hundred dollars for whatever, and there was a military kid in the seat and whatever that was, and I and I gave you a shit for it. Now you forget all that. You're like, oh, Brod, I would have done for sure, do it on the most analytical, cynical person you know. If I don't see it and touch it and feel it, then I don't believe in it. That doesn't I'm not saying that you're a bad person if you believe in ghosts like for me, astrology and psychics and all the tyrot readings. Nope, okay, all right, But if it makes you happy, if it makes you happy, I think you should have an open mind.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: I have a closed mind. I think you should have a closed mind. I think you should stop sending me shit that's fake on Instagram. I get angry when you don't when you don't respond to those Okay, I did respond. I respond.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of gotcha moments with some of those memes.
Speaker 3: I'm like, see, I told you so, and then you were like, try to write it off like it didn't exist.
Speaker 1: Scary sent me, by the way, your your eight videos behind. Hold on, I know I have some catching up to do today.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, Henry, Henry, our buddy, Henry Davidson sent me one.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Okay, uh. This is this was going around the internet in twenty fourteen, and it's resurfacing and it says this is a genuine ad from nineteen sixty four when WD forty was first released, which is the lubricant.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: If you don't read anything else today, this one just might make you laugh, okay. And the ad is it looks like it's it looks like old yellowed paper, water stained, right, and it says, do you have tight nuts or a rusty tool, then use WD forty in the man sized pressure pack makes old tools like new again.
Speaker 1: That's you tools.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tools slide in and out with ease, lubrikate dry passageways makes screwing a pleasure. Funny gives better penetration. Right, it's fake. It's fake. Now, it's clever. Somebody was clever to write it, but it's fake. First of all, if you go on Snopes, it explains well how you know it's fake. The company started in nineteen fifty eight, not nineteen sixty four. Second of all, even though the ad looks like the paper is stained and wrinkled, the actual text is not wrinkled, right, So it's like text is added on top of wrinkled paper. It couldn't look more fake if you'd like take two seconds.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, if you put letters on somebody's hand that look clearly typed, they're not tattoos, you guys, don I'm talking about Yes, so.
Speaker 1: This so so scary. What don't you send me? The other day? And I wrote, is there anything on the Internet that you don't think is fake? Yeah? I forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: Let me see what it was because slices you may have seen it before. Hold on, Yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Know you're insulting.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be insulting some of our slices right now because I could tell you that they they believe in this stuff too.
Speaker 1: I'm not LinkedIn stuff. I know I'm not alone on this.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, here this is.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's a video. Okay, lol, I want to talk about this. This is a video about what's in the video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a video of a Yeah, okay, it's it's a girl. She's on TikTok and you hear her voice and she's talking to her mom on split.
Speaker 1: Screen on FaceTime or whatever. Yeah, and turns out her mom who's there. They find out who the pope is and the mom, yeah, has hooked hooked up with the pope. So mom, her mom hooked up with Bob. Yeah, they were fake. How is that fake?
Speaker 4: Because the woman who's accounted is a humorist and a comedian, and all the comments are like, this is fake. She does this shit very clever, dude. Nobody's hooking up with the pope.
Speaker 1: No, but he was with the pope when he wasn't pope before he entered That was no. But no, wait a second, oath a celibacy, he didn't have sex? Yeah, yeah, but what if he didn't take the oath of celibacy till he was.
Speaker 3: Thirty, He could have had sex before that. You think the pope is a virgin. Yes, bullshit. I think most of the popes have been virgins. I don't think so does a pope have to be a virgin? Get ahead, ask is the pope? Ask the pope does not have to be a virgin?
Speaker 1: On the huh? I think that that's real. I think that that woman it's not real. It's a goof a count. You just you just fall off everything.
Speaker 3: Hold on, woman dates woman who hooked up with pope? Who hooked up with pope? Bob right, I'm telling you it's real. No, you're wrong. Really, that's why they wrote you are once in a generation comedic genius. For those finding this now, this video is fake. All the comments the woman's a comedian. It's a joke, scary, but you shared it like, can you believe this woman's mother dated the pope?
Speaker 1: That vile? Oh wow, look at all these what Oh.
Speaker 3: This lady is such a good actor. We need to see her on this. She was in a situationship.
Speaker 1: Is that not right? Oh? Oh my goodness, my mom hooked up with the pope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, there's got to be someone out there who did, even if that's a humorous account. Somebody somewhere hooked up with the pope. I'm looking at it right now. Okay, you're looking at what right now? What are you looking at right now? Does a pope have to be a virgin? Have to be a virgin?
Speaker 1: The answer is, I don't think they have to be. I don't think they have to be. No, a pope does not have to be a virgin.
Speaker 3: While celibacy is a long standing practice within the Catholic Church, it's not a strict rechoir requirement for the papacy. Of the papacy, historically, some popes were married before entering priesthood or religious life.
Speaker 1: I didn't say. I didn't say he didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that video say celibacy as discipline, not a doctrine, Thank you so much. So it was even the realm of possibility that she could have hooked up with him, except it's fake.
Speaker 1: Except he didn't. All right, So that's the kind of thing Pete would send me in a meme meme machine. He'll get to he'll get to it a little later today.
Speaker 3: Scary and Brody, I scare you ready for your song? Yeah, I'm real excited.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, Brody. It's a different genre. Did a little special genre for you? Is it calypso? No, do you got what do you got for me? Let me see? Let me see if they if you have volumes? Good? He will country? How I cutry music? Shut up. I'm open to love things. Lack of things that are the words? Nothing much chaffin the fancies. One thing makes me a cur Scary carries a.
Speaker 2: Let's be beond it's ferns, yes, manes, this is.
Speaker 1: Carries. Okay, great, honest, it's photes.
Speaker 2: Give this post side Scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, brody. Yep, that is the icing on the cake.
Speaker 3: That is a chef's kiss that is running up the country shots right now.
Speaker 1: Scary is wearing a merse that's as real as that Pope video the woman who. It's all now, I created it. It's real. I wrote it. It's a I anyway. I wrote it. I mixed it myself. Okay, good for you, thank you very much. So what else is good? Brody?
Speaker 3: Before I tell you about my uber I had a question about my my uber ride.
Speaker 1: But go go for it. Oh yeah, according with you uber ride.
Speaker 4: Let me see I have I have a quick strive, a bunch of long But let me see if I can a quick one. I wanted to make sure I touched it. Oh you know what, I got another riddle for you, scary. Oh, riddle this, David Brody, we get.
Speaker 3: Another riddle from Facebook with all the stupid comments.
Speaker 4: Let me let me pull it up here. I want to make sure you get it. Okay, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 1: Uh? Very disjointed today. No, no, no, no, no, okay? Ready? Yeah. What is the only US state that starts reready? Scared? I'll give you.
Speaker 4: I'll give you twenty seconds that starts with the letter D.
Speaker 1: US state that starts with to letter D Delaware, yep, very good. Look. Thought I was going to say Detroit. Uh. Well, let me give you some of the answers. Most people said Detroit uh.
Speaker 4: Some people said Dakota. Oh good right, which is obviously it's not. Many people responded with Denver yeah. One person said Boston, uh. One person said District of Washington, d C. Man of state, and not how you pronounce District of Columbia. The crazy part about this is this isn't a timed thing. People can actually think before they write their.
Speaker 3: Answer, so you can actually look it up before you write the answer. Yet people just blurting out their answer right there.
Speaker 1: That's so dumb. Okay, this person, this person wrote Denmark, this person Darnell. They wrote Dallas, the great state of Dallas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like the what's the only state that ends in the letter k.
Speaker 1: New York.
Speaker 3: Of course, most people will will take about three hours to give you that answer. Okay, So I saw a post. I saw somebody. Somebody commented, well, you know, it's Delaware, but what's the only state that has.
Speaker 1: An X in its name? The only state that has an X?
Speaker 4: Yep slices are getting angry right now, but go ahead and answer your question.
Speaker 1: Answer the question.
Speaker 3: Wow, a state that has X in it Texas? Yeah, oh, so here's the problem.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 4: So this person wrote, So people started guessing Texas and like, you're right, Texas only stayed with an accident and then so then I wrote, New Mexico might want to have a word with you.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, there's too yeah, correct, So wait a second to the two states with X in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I off the top of my head, I don't think there's any others. There might be a third one, but this guy's I go to Texas. Texas only stayed with an accentent. Yeah, Texas is did you write that New Mexico might have a word with you?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, New Mexico right there by Texas. Did people upvote that? People like it? I don't know. It was this morning, so I don't know what people did. I want you to go take a look, because can you see the screen so you can see I'm not lying? What does the top comment say? Second, I gotta look at him. My god, let me see. Uh, Delaware is not a state? Oh my god? Who said that? Well you can see who said it because there's their name. Fucking bonehead. And then and then two hundred and seventy one people laughed at it, and then, yeah, where did you get your information? Are you from here? Delaware has been a state for a long time, says Francis wrote it is literally the first state. Dude. Why are people such idiots? They exposed themselves on there. How do you write Dakota?
Speaker 3: That would be like saying name a state that starts with the letter J and saying New Jersey, Jersey the name of the state.
Speaker 1: Yea, oh my god, what about right? That's funny? Facebook, Domina? What is the only.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, what is the only city or area in America where if you go south you can hit Canada?
Speaker 4: Well, Alaska, No, hold on a second, hold on, you're you're in. You're incorrect, You're in. No, you're in the continental United States of America. We didn't say that. Technically scary, scary. Technically, if you go south far enough, you go around the globe. Don't be a douche. You know what I'm talking about. What's the answer then Maine. No, of course it is. Maine's next to Canada. If you go southwest, you hit Canada.
Speaker 1: Detroit. Did you just say Detroit was a state? No, you're dumb. Fuck you just did You just did it. I said city. I meant city. No, you said state. You said Detroit. Fuck you you said it. You just said you were like, oh, your daughter was gonna say Detroit is a state. I would never do it. You just said it. You just said, I know it's the city. Dude. I'm dude. My brain is fried. Once again. I'm at the end of my day. I meant city. It doesn't matter. You weren't gonna get it. Look at a map of the United States real quick.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. That is correct, and how that is cot of Toronto? Yes, Detroit, look at Detroit, not Detroit, Michigan. Detroit's not a state. Detroit city. And you go south and you're in you're in Canada. You go south to go into Canada. I meant to say city, you prick. You know, I know Detroit's not a state. I meant to say, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know that, right. Have you ever gotten the name of the you know the name of the bridge you take from Detroit to Canada? No, the bridge to Canada. The bridge? Is that the name of it? Yeah? Who knew? Hey? I got musically profiled in my uber.
Speaker 4: Oh they thought you They played a fifty year old person's music. Yeah, and when you cleaned up and they thought you would Nikki men, they.
Speaker 1: Played forty They played forty year old person's music. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was getting into an uber and there was there was some hip hop song on, like Kendrick Lamar was playing, so I'm thinking in my mind, oh.
Speaker 1: This guy's got great taste.
Speaker 3: Ten seconds into the ride, he flips it to like the oldies channel, like girls just want to have fun.
Speaker 1: I'm like they're playing Cindy Lauper. I'm like, what the fuck is going on here? Oh? I have a Cyndey Lapper story. But before you do that, Yeah, have you ever been musically profiled in your uber? Yes? They literally said they. They sat there, the guy said, hmm, I'm gonna put on the white person station.
Speaker 4: I got into an uber and Zee one hundred was on, and before I could say that was back when I worked there, Before I could say, oh, great station, he changed the classic rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got fine with that, but you got musically profiled. But me, I don't want to hear eighties shit. I don't want to hear on me by aha. I don't want to hear everybody on me. I love everybody.
Speaker 1: Wants to rule the world, but I mean I would much rather hear Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So I didn't say anything. I let him just play what he wanted to play. But it was very clear that he was trying to appease me. But he was judging judging the book by the cover. Now, wait a minute, where you were you all cleaned up?
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I was. I looked like this. I looked like you look you look like eighties. I looked, I looked like I was mister eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know the Sound Garden song where I'm I'm look I feel in California, but I'm looking Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at No, what is it look in Minnesota? Yeah? Uh, outshined, outshined, outshine. Let me see if I could find it. Hold on, wow, yep, that's it. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: No, I want to see if I can find I find that's that's okay. I think let's let them listen, let them google with themselves.
Speaker 1: Great song. Hey, by the way, you noticed something behind me? You know anything? Yeah? I didn't want to bring it up because I don't mabe something terrible happened. The stack of.
Speaker 3: Papers has gone from the table. Pile of papers is officially fucking gone. Folks, ladies, and leal.
Speaker 4: I will say, your camera angle is a little different. You're not showing as much of the table the entire as. I know that the stack of papers could be on the side of the table.
Speaker 1: Take my word for it. The table is clear.
Speaker 3: I spent hours going through that pile of fucking papers, and I now have a clean table.
Speaker 1: It is ready for dinner for four what did you do with the stack of papers that was six months at least. I shredded shit. I filed stuff away in boxes. It was stuff that needed to be filed away, and things like that are put in closets. I was in a cleaning mode. You know.
Speaker 3: The weather's been sucking up here. And by the way, the energy, my energy is low because we've had like nothing but clouds and rain, and now we know what it feels like to live in Seattle or London.
Speaker 1: It is nasty here in New York right now.
Speaker 3: So we're just sitting here and I'm like, I just looking for stuff to do. And I'm like, all right, that's one less thing Brody's gonna be able to make fun of me about.
Speaker 1: Is the is the pile of papers?
Speaker 4: See, they're gone, by the way, I don't I don't remember what I said a couple of minutes ago. The lyrics are looking California feel in Minnesota. I think if I got it backwards, whatever, don't I got wed? Yeah, So let me tell you about Cindy Lauper. Yeah, that's how you pronounce her name, right, Yes, Lapper, I say Lawper, It's Lauper. So I'm in I'm in a Facebook group. I don't know what it is. I don't know, it doesn't matter, and somebody puts up, hey, what's this and it's it's a little Cindy Lauper standing on a burger, a bun and a burger and everything. Okay, So so I I say it must be girls just want to have fun on a bun because that rhymes. Sure, and a bunch of people start guessing Cindy Lauper on a whopper, which was the answer the guy wanted. Okay, I pointed out that Lauper doesn't rhyme with whopper. Now, and I understand that they both end an er, and technically, by the definition of the word rhyme, they they would be considered a right.
Speaker 1: They're in the same neighborhood. It's acceptable.
Speaker 3: But but, but if you're trying to make a meme joke, it should be Copper on a whopper, like a police officer on a whopper. Copper on a whopper. But Lawper on a whopper does not. It's not funny, it's not clever. Lawper on a whap. So they're like, it absolutely rhymes.
Speaker 4: I said, l a w is law law Per doesn't rhyme with wop.
Speaker 1: Law doesn't rhyme with wop. That would Yeah, it's not using the wop.
Speaker 4: So if you've seen this meme, I'm sorry. Now Eminem could make lawpers rhyme with whopper because he would twist the words a little bit. That's the beautya or whatever.
Speaker 1: But that's not how she.
Speaker 4: People are like, well, that's how you pronounced it, but where we're from, we don't pronounce her name that way, and go, that's fucking great, But that's how she pronounces her name.
Speaker 1: And that's the burger king pronounces their hamburger. You just live to get into online arguments.
Speaker 3: No, you know what, I try to like, I go, oh, you know, that doesn't exactly and then people like try to debate me.
Speaker 1: That's that's it. If you're these people in person, would you say half the ship that you do online? Absolutely not, not exactly. Podcast? Is this the last break? This is it? I want to tell you a story. It's story Time with David Brody. Absolutely. So I had to go to I guess it's an office building whatever. Guess it was a.
Speaker 3: Medical building that I'd never been to before, and it's a large building. By way, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, what what did you have done? No? No, no, no, it was a it doesn't matter. It was a thing. It was reduction. What did you do? Yeah, dude, you want to compare anyway.
Speaker 4: So I go into the lobby and I got an email from the front desk of the medical office and they said, come to room one twenty six on the first floor.
Speaker 1: That's easy enough, right.
Speaker 4: So I go into this giant building and it's got like, I don't know, seven or eight floors. It's a it's a big place. And uh so I there's a security guard at the front. So I say, excuse me, could you tell me where room one twenty six is? And he says, there is no room on twenty six. I said, what do you mean there's no room because there's no room in so I he goes, what do you need? So I said, oh, I'm here for blah blah blah blah blah. He goes, oh, that's up on the on the seventh floor. You want to go to a room seven oh three And I said, no, no, look at this email, right, seven o three is not a typo away from one twenty six.
Speaker 3: I got to go to room one twenty six. It says, first floor one twenty six. I'm in the right building, right this address. Yes, So I said, look, just show me where one twenty six is. He says, listen, Guy pulls me. Guy, He says, guy, and he's chewing gum. You know he's a tough guy, doesn't guy. I work in this building for eight years. Okay, Yeah, there's no room one twenty six. All right, you want to take my word for Do you think you know the buildings better than I don't? I said, look, i'm not I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that they told me to call Is this the right building? Yes, well they told me to come to one twenty six. I don't know what to tell you. That said room one twenty six. You sure it wasn't room nine seventy one, Yeah, exactly, because it's upside down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he he looks down the hallway and he says, you see that information desk. Go ask them and they'll verify there's no room one twenty six. So I walk down and I go to the information desk, which I didn't see when I first walked in because there were people in.
Speaker 1: Front of it.
Speaker 4: Otherwise I would have just gone there. In case you're like, why don't you just go to information? I go because I thought the scrityguard when you walk in would be able to tell me. So so I said, excuse.
Speaker 1: Me, can can you help me?
Speaker 4: I'm looking for room one twenty six and there's a there's you know those the plastic sign holders like you could slide the piece of paper in like like photo holders. Nay, okay. On the sign it says for rooms one oh one to one twenty six with an arrow to the right. So not only do they have a room one twenty six scary, but it's so important it's on the fucking sign from rooms one on one to one twenty six, go to the right. So I said, excuse me, one twenty six is this way?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The sign right there. I look at the signs right that way. So I said, okay, because you're a security guard who works in eight years told me there's.
Speaker 3: No room one twenty six. Oh my god, she says, which one. George with the mustache, Yeah, the guy with the mustache in the front.
Speaker 1: Just I don't listen to him. How's he How is he not being corrected? Right? So I go about my business.
Speaker 3: I do what I got to do in the building, and as I come out, guess who's still by the door.
Speaker 1: George, George with the mustache. Did you confront him? What would you do?
Speaker 3: I would keep walking because my time is too valuable to deal with idiots.
Speaker 1: But you, David Brody, what did you do?
Speaker 3: So? I walked straight out right past him and stopped and I said, hey, George, remember me from before? Oh my god that I said. You see that white sign holder the information? Yeah, David, I said, just so you know it says rooms one on one to one twenty six, make a right so the next time somebody comes. I know you've been here eight years, George, no offense, but on your night, as you work towards your ninth year, room one twenty six is down the hall to the right at the end.
Speaker 1: What did he say? And I walked away? Nothing.
Speaker 3: He looked at me like like, I don't know, ashamed, embarrassed or angry, all of it. And I walked out and I heard you know what I heard? What I heard like we are the champions music playing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure you did it? So I heard because I fucking won. How do you work? That guy? You know what.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what I heard. I heard you know what. The guy says, he works eight years, Guy, work eight years. You can tell me what the building. You probably want to go to the seventh floor. That's what you want.
Speaker 1: You want the seventh floor. No, I don't. I want one twenty six. There's no room war twenty six. So what is it?
Speaker 3: Some ghost room steering? You tell me it's a ghost room that doesn't exist. But you have to go through a third dimensional portal like Harry Potter. You run through the wall and there's room one twenty six. No, it was right Danny end.
Speaker 1: Of the hallway.
Speaker 3: They had a wing on the building seven years ago after he started, and he hasn't looked since.
Speaker 1: This guy. Oh yay, guy, guy, you tell me I'm working. Hey, guy, guy, guy.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you're gonna, if you're gonna correct someone be right. Goody sends me to the desk, and on the desk is the sign that says it's that way, stupid fuck and he's the guy keeping the place safe.
Speaker 1: Calm down, that fucking guy. Thank you, George. Wow. Hey, by the way, listen next week our morning show.
Speaker 3: That on a vacation again. No, Elvis Duran the Big Show. We're taking our show back to the Jersey Shore. We're doing our live morning show on Friday morning from Jenkinson's in Point Pleasant Beach and we're gonna do a show from six to ten am. And it's free and it's for all ages. So if you're in the area down the shore, come on down and keep one of your Brooklyn Boys company, will you. We doors open at seven eight m.
Speaker 1: No ex.
Speaker 4: It's always a good time. And by the way, you get you get to run a Brooklyn Boys promo now on the Elvis Show.
Speaker 1: I do, Yes, we do get to know. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Case you wondered why we're promoting the Elvis Durant Show on this network because it's a great time. In fact, we're also a part of the Elvis Durant network of podcasts on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: That's pretty name.
Speaker 4: Shortly before I left the morning show, I did the Jenkinson's broadcast. We had Sting on, Yes, Sting with Shaggy, Remember that with Shaggy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have this year we have litl John performing live. Yeah, okay, alight, we have Zara Larson and Zara Sweetish. She's Sweetish, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no relation to the clothing chain in the in the mall, and uh and uh Zara Zaras and uh and Dasha she did the song Austin.
Speaker 1: She's the country artist. If you've got fucked that one, oh, why you nailed it. It's almost like she's in.
Speaker 3: The thing is we and we're gonna be starting and then there's DJ starting around noon. We got mixed DJs, disco Fries and one duo, So this time it's gonna be interesting because.
Speaker 1: Whoa what song does disco Fries play?
Speaker 3: Disco Fries never been mine on serious on BPM xm oh.
Speaker 1: Nice, are you gonna Are you gonna dance with your hands in the air like.
Speaker 3: Uh, like you're just yeah. But the thing is the artists. The music's not gonna start TOI later in the day. It's gonna be like a middle afternoon party. It's a free concert. I'll be there for a good portion of it. But you're gonna have performances during the morning. No, that's what's changed, and I'm kind of worried about it. The morning show is just we're just doing our broadcast from six to ten, and then when we leave, they're just gonna play some music and then this show is gonna have be a part two with the concert after that morning show ends. So well, that'll be fun. You get to hang out right by the beach. If it's nice weather out, that'll be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be in the mid sixties anyway, at least the sun may shine so when you were born. Yeah, So so.
Speaker 1: Come on down and uh, you know whatever. It would be great. It'll be a good time. I would be nice to see the slices.
Speaker 3: It would be great. We when are we going to Oh and let's just some housekeeping. Continue to make us your number one pre set if you can on the iHeartRadio app Iet radio app make us number one the first position because I'm going to be getting some information and I don't know, maybe we'll win an award or something if we If we have the most number one presets.
Speaker 1: We've done the most mentioned, We've mentioned it more than anybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wouldn't it be sad if we're nowhere near the top and we it's like, but the slices, I think.
Speaker 4: We're very You think Joe Rogan is stepping down from his interview, is stopping down and going, hey, wait a minute. Make sure number one, Yeah, hold on, hold on, stop, stop the conversation.
Speaker 1: Make us your first preset, please, make us your first price. We do need that.
Speaker 3: We need to help, all right. So there's that bit of housekeeping, and there was a people are asking about the meet up number two.
Speaker 1: Is that can happen? Ever? Do we want to Vinnie, our sales guy, he's got to make it happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that idea fell through. I thought that was the perfect idea. But what was But we could do it on our own if you want. We could talk off off air about it off as your old podcast, no this podcast.
Speaker 1: No, we listeners have been clamoring.
Speaker 3: I mean we got to cook up Asian Mike with uh with Des from Brooklyn the Bronx. Yeah, death is married, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to.
Speaker 3: Get Yeah, because I know slices want to meet each other, so it would be great. Back in the day we used to have Cebe Radio. There was a Cebe Radio break. It was called the break. Dude, do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Please? Yeah? It was a meet up.
Speaker 3: Well, well, the old school citizens band radio. Citizens band radio would be like a way of communicating to these people that you didn't know it was kind of anonymous. So they would do these Sunday morning meetups and you know where they would meet each other. So this is exactly that for present day, where the slices can meet up.
Speaker 1: We need need to provide this service. I'm just letting you.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, all right, I think we may have to get some restraining orders if we're getting all these people together. You think so, well, there's some some people have been like a little upset with some other people on the talkbacks. All alright, I know those people can't no beef, No beef at the meat up.
Speaker 1: No, we need beef.
Speaker 3: In fact, I want it to be another steak one.
Speaker 1: Oh fair enough. Maybe we'll do peach in this time making classes with the booking boys. I love it. You can you can wait, boys, boys,