Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome In what'ch driving Me? Great?
Speaker 3: Episode two seventy eight, Demonde and the producers worried that I was so quiet in the pre show run up. Bill Barnwell just dropped an opus, as he is wont to do, and it the headline of it is can the Chiefs go undefeated?
Speaker 2: How they're winning? What's next?
Speaker 3: And you know, I mean, it's a Barnwell article, so it's just great. It's all different sections, and the different sections are how the Chiefs have gotten here. I've read that part is their start actually sustainable? I just read that part and I just got to this section, are they the worst nine to O team ever? And I got irrationally angry before even reading it, And so I haven't gotten to the other sections. What has sunk the previous unbeaten teams? And will the Chiefs improve and go seventeen? And oh, I'll get to that. But Barnwell's articles are like four or five thousand words, so you really, you really got to sink your teeth into him. So that's why I was so quiet, and the pre show run up is I was trying to get through as much of this as I could before we because I know, Chiefs Bills Game of the Year, four twenty five CBS and no counter programming. There's not another CBS game and there's not another four to twenty five games, so I don't want to step on our a block. But at the this week in Slate starting tonight, I mean there are some A plus games, Commander's Eagles, NFC East leadership on the line one PM Sunday, some good games and one A plus game Raven Steelers. I mean, listen, I'm a Fox guy, but shout out CBS. Going from Raven Steelers at one to then Chiefs Bills at four to twenty five, pretty sick. And the only other four o'clock games Falcons Broncos, which will be watched by dozens and dozens of people, and Seahawks Niners, which is not a bad one Seahawks and I is actually a good game. But those are both four five starts, and so the nation's eyes are gonna be on Mahomes and Allen. I would imagine this will be the highest rated non Thanksgiving regular season game of the year, and I can't wait for it. So we'll get to that in a moment. First, what missed the cut in surprising absolutely no one? Anthony Richardson back being the Colt starter. Poor Jalen Rose relives the fab five thirty plus years later, the timeout they didn't have when Spoe called that when he was sitting courtside and Jake Paul only a two to one favored against Mike Tyson. I don't want to spend a ton of time on this listen. I'm rooting for Tyson. I'm not really a Jake or Logan Paul guy that you call it my age, whatever it is. I'm not into their brands, but I'm worried about Tyson. I'm shocked Jake Paul's only a two to one favorite. I mean, Tyson's older than Brew Like, Tyson's damn near sixty, and I just don't know if he's gonna have enough go ahead. I just don't know if he'll be able to keep up, And so nothing would thrill me more then for a Mike Tyson flurry to lay Jake Paul out. I just don't think it's realistic. But I would have thought Jake Paul was gonna be minus three point fifty. So the fact that he's minus two ten means Vegas is saying Tyson has a chance. Also, if you're wondering, as Demonsday was, if you're watching on YouTube, why I'm wearing a hat today when I never wear a hat on the pod. No TV show today. We're preempted by a soccer match. We'll be back tomorrow, and so since there's no TV show, I don't have to do my hair. I don't have to do my hair. I can wear my Royals hat. Shout out Bobby wit Junior. I don't even know if the voting has come out yet, but second in al MVP voting, I'm sure of it all right, Demanse, let's get to Chiefs Bills.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So we talked about on Hell on Tuesday. It's crazy that the Bills were favored in this Chiefs game that they came. That's coming up here soon, and America clearly agrees. The books have eighty percent of the money on the Chiefs plus two and a half. Yet the line is still standing there. So does Vegas know something that we don't.
Speaker 3: Well, so the Sharps like the Bills, and the Sharps don't like the Chiefs in this spot. And so I understand that to a degree. In this regard, the Chiefs metrics are not overly impressive. They're on the road, you know, the Bills. This is a bigger game for Buffalo than Kansas City. The Bills have won all of no, not all of the Bills have won three of the four regular season meetings between Mahomes and Allen.
Speaker 2: So all those things.
Speaker 3: And if you remember Demanse, before the year, when I picked the Chiefs to go fourteen and three, the one specific game I said I thought they would lose was this game. I said I thought they would lose one divisional game, one dumb game like to the Browns or the Panthers one dumb game and to the Bills an Orchard Park in week eleven.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: I don't quite feel the same way right now, and the reason is.
Speaker 2: Multi layered.
Speaker 3: One is, I really do think the Chiefs got a real emotional boost from the way they beat Denver, and while they won't talk about it, I do think the whole can we go undefeated is a thing. Also, given how the offense looked in that Denver game. Now, Denver's got an excellent defense.
Speaker 2: I give them credit.
Speaker 3: It did feel to me, like I had said leading into the Denver game, I thought might be the case that some of Kansas City's focus last week was on the Broncos and some of it was on preparing for Buffalo, because if the Chiefs win this game, they essentially lock up the one seed, unless you think Pittsburgh's running the table, which I don't think anybody thinks pittsburghs running the table. Hell, Pittsburgh's an underdog this weekend to Baltimore. If the Chiefs win this game, in order for Baltimore or Buffalo or Houston to catch them for the one seed, the Chiefs would have to go h three and four the rest of the way, and any of those teams would have to go undefeated. Think about that. For the Chiefs to for any of those teams to catch Kansas City, Kansas City would have to lose four times and those teams would have to go undefeated.
Speaker 2: That is not gonna happen now.
Speaker 3: Conversely, if the Chiefs lose to Buffalo, then all Buffalo has to do is finish with the same record as Kansas City because they would have the tiebreaker and they would be sitting at two losses in Kansaity to be sitting at one, So it'd be a real dog fight for the one seed potentially if Kansas City loses, as opposed to putting it away. The other reason that I am not quite as bullish on Buffalo right now as I was in the preseason for this matchup is who is injured and what it means for them. So we know Keon Coleman isn't playing, Okay, that's fine. We don't know if Amari Cooper is or isn't playing. My guess is Amari Cooper is gonna play, but Dalton Kinkaid not. It has not practiced yet this week. The one spot on the Chiefs defense that has been really susceptible is defending tight ends. So if King Kaid is out for Buffalo, that is a huge loss for them and the one that the Chiefs can have two things right now. They're struggling at the left tackle position, which is a legitimate concern. But Wanya Morris luckily practiced in full yesterday at Kingsley Sumteya.
Speaker 2: The rookie is just not ready, so he should be back.
Speaker 3: He left last week's game with injury, and then defending tight ends has been a bit of a problem. If Dalton Kincaid's out, that's a tough spot for Buffalo.
Speaker 2: So I have been.
Speaker 3: Consistently respectful and consistently correct about the Bills this year. Wilds yesterday said to me that my Bill's opinions confusing the audience because I've been such a Bill skeptic in years past and this year I'm a Bill's believer, and I somewhat annoyedly said to Wild's, my Bill's confusing is My Bill's opinion is not confusing at all. It's very very simple. It's correct consistently year over year. When other people thought they were a Super Bowl team, I was correct in saying you're overrating them, and when other people thought the Jets were gonna win that division, I've been correct in saying they're un underrating them. I think the Bills right now have an argument right alongside Detroit as the second best team.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 3: I do think that now Baltimore is a weird one because Baltimore beat Buffalo by twenty five. But Baltimore also, to me, has a glaring weakness that pass defense is awful. I don't think Buffalo has a glaring weakness, and so I think Buffalo's really good. But Patrick Mahomes as an underdog is twelve one and one against the spread and eleven and three straight up. This is a huge game for Kansas City and it allows them to really kind of play with how they approach the final seven weeks of the year. I don't think the offense is happy with how they played last week. Buffalo, in my opinion, is due for a bit of a poor offensive performance. They've scored thirty plus in four straight games. I thought last week against the Colts that they had some shaky moments, but Joe Flacco made it to where that was not gonna matter. He was just addicted to turning the ball over in that game. I thought Buffalo played with fire. A couple weeks ago against Miami. I do like the Chiefs in this spot, even though all offseason I said this was a game I thought the Chiefs would lose. I think the emotional boost that they got from the blocked field goal, to go along with Mahomes being annoyed that he missed Kelsey to win that game outright essentially put the game away.
Speaker 2: All of those things to me, going the Chiefs favor go ahead, demanse.
Speaker 4: Feel like I'm surprised. Well, I'm not gonn feel like I'm surprised, but I am surprised that you're going in the opposite duration. He felt like the Bills were gonna win this game, the Chiefs were gonna lose this game the whole time, and then I guess the time and they're coming off of that emotional side, and I feel like that's more of a reason that they should lose because they did just at.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, unless it's kind of like a team of Destiny Field and no, no, no, I get I understand what you're saying, but the I just that was it was such a you know, Mahomes celebration in that was telling to me, Like the way he ran onto the field and was so excited that that was because the Chiefs, Let's be honest, they could have afforded to lose that game. Like It's not like the vision comes into question. It's not like they'd be like, oh man, what woe is us? He was hype, which makes me think, even though they won't talk about it, that they they want to see how far they can run up this, uh, this win streak.
Speaker 2: And I also think that they are gonna be able.
Speaker 3: To score some points on this Bill's defense, which has been good to their credit. Listen, Bill's defns has been good. But the Chiefs have not allowed twenty eight points in what is it now, thirty straight games since the Super Bowl against Philadelphia. And I wouldn't be shocked if Kansas City gets to twenty seven in this one, twenty eight themselves. So I'm gonna go ahead and say twenty seven Chiefs. Let me think of the right number for Buffalo twenty three Buffalo and the Chiefs win by The Chiefs win by four and get to ten and zero, and Buffalo falls to eight and three.
Speaker 2: All right, next.
Speaker 4: So Tonight's game is huge for your season long bets. You bet Washington to win that division, and you also bet Philly under ten and a half wins, So that really awesome. Yeah, say, but Philly last year lost five of their last six. Do you see that happening again or is it more likely that they exposed the Commanders tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I don't think Philly's gonna collapse. And I've got to give Philly credit where it's due. They've won five consecutive games now. Four of those five have been against truly dreadful teams Browns, Giants, Jags, Cowboys. But one of them was a dominating second half performance against Cincinnati, and they the way they obliterated Dallas Cooper rush through for forty yards is impressive. And that defense has turned a corner under Fangio. And so listen, Jalen Hurts has been good on the big plays. They're letting him run a little more again. He seems healthier. I have to be fair. I picked Philly to miss the playoffs right now. That looks super shaky, I said Philly. I thought that Siriani could have been fired during the year.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: With that said, Philly is about to have four of their next five, or I'm sorry, five of their next six brutal spot like. You're playing some real teams now, Commanders, Rams, Ravens, Panthers, Steelers, Commanders. So that's five games of your next six against seven win teams plus the Rams, who I think are a good team, even though they haven't played quite up to that standard. The Commander's thing. I don't think the Commanders are gonna get exposed. Here is my slight concern. Throughout Cliff Kingsbury's entire coaching career at Texas Tech, at Arizona, everywhere, his offenses have gotten off to these excellent starts and then cooled significantly, significantly, and a few weeks ago against Chicago eighteen points. The last couple of weeks they've scored twenty seven Jaden. However, this past week was the worst game I think he's played this season, the game against Pittsburgh and that twenty seven you know they had the Steelers did that ridiculous fake punt, and they had some short fields. So I'm a little concerned, not major, a little concerned that Washington is going to cool off offensively as Cliff Kingsbury teams historically have done. And I will be for my bets and for my own you know, priors rooting for Washington tonight, Demonsey, but I actually like Philly in this spot. I hope Washington wins, but I could I can see a scenario certainly where Philly beats Washington and covers the three and a half h Philly or Washington will be fine either way because after this they get Cowboys, Titans, Saints, So I mean they have they have four games left against the Cowboys, Titans, and Saints because they played the Cowboys twice. So since they already have seven wins, Washington to me is like almost locked into the postseason. But tonight's game is the kind of divisional swing game. If Washington wins tonight, they are, in my opinion, a significant favorite to win the division. If Washington loses tonight, it feels like Philly is probably gonna take care of that division. Take, you know, take that division, and that'll be a shame for my preseason gambling, because Washington eleven to one was gonna be one of my best preseason divisional picks.
Speaker 2: And if Philly wins tonight. It's a bad spot for me. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: It looks like probably the most complete of teams that the Philadelphia Eagles have faced on this run. No, I mean they did just face the Cowboys. They dominated them.
Speaker 2: No, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: That one's got like a little bit of an astress on it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, you're one hundred percent right. Like as far as on this run they've played, the Eagles have played the Browns with the Shawn starting, the Giants, the Bengals, who have just a dreadful defense, not that the great, but it's not.
Speaker 4: The but that team's not complete.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, exactly, the Jags, who's got one of the worst defenses in the league. In the game I think that was the game Trevor got hurt in. And then the Cowboys with Cooper Rush, and so yes, there is there's no question that this will be This is the best team Philly has played by a lot since Week one in Brazil against Green Bay. Like the Eagles this year have played I think four good to very good teams. The Bengals I think are good even though the record isn't and they you know, it was seventeen to seventeen Philly scored twenty straight. Give them credit the Bucks when the Bucks were fully healthy, and the Bucks trashed them. The Falcons which came down if you remember, that was the game Saquan dropped the ball, and the Falcons when they you know, on the little swing pass. And the Packers in week one and Brazil. But so I still though, I'm not putting any asterisks on it, because you gotta take care of business. And Philly. Philly looked really shaky that first month. They beat the Packers, then they blew the Falcons game. The Saints had them dead to rights in week three, and then Goddard got loose on like a seventy yard little tight end leak play up the sideline. There's no Saints defender within a mile, and that won them that game. And then they got blown out by Tampa. And then the Browns game. That was the game that they escaped and Sirianni was yelling at his own fans against the terrible Browns. But since then, beat the Giants by twenty five, beat the Bengals by twenty, beat the Jaguars by five, but they were up twelve.
Speaker 2: With five minutes left.
Speaker 3: Jags got a you know, a late back door touchdown and beat the Cowboys by twenty eight. So if you're gonna play bad teams, crush, that's what they've been doing, and I give him credit for that. I'm very interested to see. The other thing to watch tonight is Jaden gonna run because and I understand this is me maybe confirmation bias, because I was so worried about Jaden's health. But since Jaden got those ribs cracked, he hasn't been the same runner. And last week he ran the ball three times for five yards. So I'm really interested in watching that. Also, the Eagles two rookie secondary players, Quinyan Mitchell and Cooper dejan have been excellent. They've both been the last few weeks in particular, have been excellent, So shout out to them all.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Next, Cincinnati was one of the teams you had in the conversation for the AFC seven seed. You said this on Tuesday. But they're flying across country to face Justin Herbert and the Chargers, and that defense has been allowing thirteen points per game.
Speaker 2: So the Bengals lose.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, that's insane. But if the Bengals lose, is there and over and if so what else changes for them.
Speaker 3: So I oddly don't think the Bengals season is over with a loss, and I know that sounds crazy because they would be four and seven, But this is the reason for this demansa is that the seven AFC playoff teams, Like, if the Bengals lose, that would mean the Chargers get to seven wins and you would have essentially six of your seven AFC teams locked. As we talked about Kansas City, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Houston, Baltimore, the Chargers, all those teams would have seven plus wins except for Houston, which is in the AFC South, so that they have six wins, but they're fine because of their.
Speaker 2: Division that eighth spot.
Speaker 3: Denver is sitting on five wins, the Colts and Bengals are sitting on four wins, and then your two Miami, the Jets, the Patriots, who have three wins.
Speaker 2: One of those teams is getting in.
Speaker 3: And so even at four and seven, I would think the Bengals are alive, when you know they would at some point they gotta win games. But they still have games left against Dallas, Tennessee, the Browns, a game against the Broncos that could be for the final playoff spot and two games, and this is important against the Steelers. I want to talk more about the Chargers, however, because the Chargers to me have been an awesome story and Herbert's playing really well and that defense has been great. With that said, they have played three teams that are we think are good, and they're zero to three and they have played six of their seven other games are maybe the six worst teams in football. And then the other one is they beat the Broncos, who's like the definition of league average. So their losses are Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Arizona. So three teams that are all division leaders right now. They're Wins, Raiders, Panthers, Saints, Browns, Titans, plus Denver and again give them credit for Denver, that was a road divisional victory.
Speaker 2: You give them credit.
Speaker 3: I am really interested in what the Chargers are gonna look like over these next half dozen games. Sincy, Baltimore, Atlanta, Kansas City again and then Tampa with Mike Evans back at that point before they finished the season. Broncos, Patriots, Raiders. But if you remember before the year, when we picked the Chargers to make the playoffs, one of the reasons we picked them was they had that last place schedule. They had a worst record last year than the Raiders or the Charge or the Broncos did. That's how they were able to draft Joe Alt with what the fifth sixth, the fifth overall pick, I think it was. You know, they were a four win team last year, and so they've reaped those rewards and thirteen points of games, thirteen points a game, I mean the Chargers, here's what they have allowed this season ten three, twenty seventeen, sixteen seventeen, eight, ten seventeen. That's awesome, man, Like that is they they have of opening the season with nine straight games not allowing twenty one points is literally historic stuff, Like I don't think it's been done in twenty years, and so you give them a ton of credit. I do think. I think this is a coin flip game. This is not one of my picks. I don't you know. I don't think Cincinnati's got traveling fans. Usually LA home games are actually road games because the other team travels. I don't think the Bengals are a big national fan base. But that's a I mean Sunday football man, Like I was saying, Steelers Ravens at one, Chiefs Bills at four point thirty, Bengals Chargers at eight point twenty on NBC, which should be a really fun one. That one's too close to call my opinion, but I think that I give the Chargers a ton of credit. But I also need to see them beat some teams with a pulse which were yet to.
Speaker 2: See, but they haven't had to really go ahead?
Speaker 4: What was yours? There's a Bengals win there and them eventually going on to lock up that seventh seat. It's that a nightmare scenario for you in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people think that.
Speaker 3: Because this scenario obvious would be the Bengals are the seven, they then upset the two seed in round one, and then they would be playing the one seed, like if the seven seed wins in round one, they play the one seed because the NFL reseeds.
Speaker 2: And my answer to that is.
Speaker 3: No, it wouldn't be, because first of all, that would mean the Bengals clip Buffalo in round one? Are they who's the two seed? Is it gonna be Buffalo? Is it gonna be Baltimore? I guess if it's Pittsburgh, I'd probably rather Pittsburgh go ahead and you know, and move on. But at that point, if Pittsburgh's earned the two seed, it means Pittsburgh's beaten Baltimore at least once Pittsburgh's beaten, you know, it means Pittsburghs pretty damn team.
Speaker 2: And TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt against the Chiefs left tackle is not a scenario that I look forward to. So I don't I yes, obviously i'd rather as a Chiefs fan, the Colts get the seven seed and win in Round one, but the two seed getting eliminated is typically not bad for the one seed super Bowl chances, And so I don't, you know, I don't hate the idea of a Bengals team that maybe has to win four straight just to make the playoffs, does that, then has a crazy emotional road playoff victory win, and then with the Chiefs having been rested for a couple of weeks, comes into Arrowhead with that defense, and the Chiefs you know, get to knock them around a bit. So no, it's not the ideal scenario. And I think it really has to do with who is the two seed. If Buffalo is the two seed, I'll take Cincinnati as the seven.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: To me, that's a win win. Either Buffalo's got to really expend a lot of emotional and real energy to beat them, or Cincinnati knocks the Bills off for us don't even have to deal with them. And so now if somehow Houston is the two seed or Pittsburgh is the two seed, then I'd rather one of those teams beat Cincinnati because I don't think either of those teams are good. Like the thing about Houston, and I'm not trying to disrespect them, the interior of their offensive line is so bad that I just think that's a game Chris Jones can win by himself. I think when you have the best d tackle in football and you're up against one of the worst guard center guard combos in football, that game can just be over. And so that's.
Speaker 2: Cee J.
Speaker 3: Stroud in Arrowhead like that's that's a tough spot for him, all right.
Speaker 4: Last one the Jets has been The Jets season has been the joy to watch for everyone, especially you, I feel like, but not for Jets fans. When asked if he was coming back to play next year, Rogers said, I think so, yeah, So not sure how much to read into that with everything that's gone on with Aaron Rodgers and the Jets this year. What do you think is more likely he comes back, retires, or the Jets cut it?
Speaker 3: So am I out to lunch on this that I was shocked. I'm I'm shocked Aaron might want to come back, And I'm even more shocked that there seems to be the general media reaction that the Jets would want him back. In what world is it good for the New York Jets to bring back Aaron Rodgers? Like, demon call me on my shit here if you think I'm being unfair or right like that, it's that I'm missing it. But I they're going to be hiring a new head coach. When you're interviewing the best head coaching candidates, do you think saying you'll have one more year of forty one year old soon to be forty two at the time, Aaron Rodgers is a proer a con as to why that coach would want the job. And if you're trying to build up a culture and a new program, why on earth would you want Aaron Rodgers to be a part of it. And then you add to that's just the intangible stuff. Then you add this factor which is I just think people are living in a in a make believe world.
Speaker 2: He's terrible, He's really bad, Like.
Speaker 3: He's just as a football player, he's sixty two percent passing six point four yards per carry or yards per carry, yards per attempt. Pardon me, I he cannot escape at all to save his life. I just why would the the Jets have if if the speculation is correct and Trump is gonna reappoint Woody Johnson to be the ambassador to either England or some other ambassadorship, and what he has to once again hand over control of the team to his brother Christopher wo He made this deal with Aaron, not Christopher. Shouldn't Christopher Johnson look at it and be like, we're gonna have a top five pick, new head coach, new GM. We've got our three young guys, Quinn Sauce and Garrett Davante. You can go, Aaron, you can go, Tyrone Smith, you can go. We're gonna start Olufashanu our first round pick, and we're gonna try to be an exciting, fun young team with cam Ward or should or Sanders or whomever. Like, isn't that the obvious plan? Why would the Jets want Aaron Rodgers back and you don't owe him anything. It's been an unmitigated disaster, so I he can want to come back all he wants, like that's a player.
Speaker 4: The question from a reporter of the media, the Jets probably don't want him back, right, like it was like.
Speaker 3: But everybody seems that the general I guess this is why I send him I out to lunch. The general impression that I get from the media is that covers the team is this is Aaron's decision, meaning if he wants, if he doesn't retire, he's the Jets quarterback next year. And my response is him retiring has nothing to do with the fact they've got to cut him, like he's he's a bad, aging, injured, distracted player who has sucked all of the life out of that building. And so it cap wise, here's the deal next year, if he's on the team, it's a twenty three million dollar cap hit, and it's fifty million dead if he's not. But you just you made that deal already. Like the way his contract is currently set up is if he plays next year, he's twenty three million on the cap, and then the following year when he's out of the league. He's twenty one million dead in twenty twenty six. If they make him a post June one cut, he's fourteen million on your cap next year and thirty five million on your cap the following year. So by making him a post June one cut, you save nine million cap dollars for next season, and you lose twelve million cap dollars for twenty or twenty six. But you just got to deal with it like that's the move, and so I don't. I am constantly surprised at how much of the media is with Aaron Rodgers nonsense and the we never really we've never gotten an answer about if he thought they fired Robert Solid too early, and he claimed to love Robert and have this great relationship. But then I heard him yesterday when he was talking about coming back, talking about how much he loves Olbrick and wants to play for Olbrick, which would be a disaster, Like, no dispect Jeff Olbrick, but the defense has been a train wreck since you've been there, and the offense doesn't move like I just think the Jets are gonna go five and twelve, And to be like, let's run it back is baffling to me. I think this is as obvious of a hey man, Sorry this didn't work out out, but we're moving on as we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: But maybe I'm wrong. Now.
Speaker 3: The counterpoint to maybe I'm wrong is I have been right about the Jets every step of the way, so who knows. But this one is confusing to me. Speaking about people being right, demone hit a three team teaser last week. That means seven of the last eight weeks his teaser is hit. I had a winning week, but it was I thought it was gonna be a five and oh week, and then Sunday Night football and Monday Night football both bit me, so three and oh turned into three and two. We'll getting all that on the Gambling Show. By the way, I haven't asked you guys to do this in a very long time. Uh, but I'm actually there's reasons for this. I'm actually kind of doing a bit of an experiment if you will, If you could, if you're not already subscribed on YouTube, subscribe. We haven't done a subscribe push in quite some time. If you're listening to this be a podcast, subscribe via Spotify or iTunes or whatever it is, and give us a five star rating, if you don't mind. Again, I almost never do the like rate subscribe thing. I think it probably annoys the bosses or the producers that I don't do this, but I actually want to see if there's since I never do it, if I actually do a call to action, subscribe, if there's something of an impact, or if that's all just wasted time anyway, and it's just organically grows.
Speaker 2: However, it grows so.
Speaker 3: On YouTube in particular, if you could subscribe hit the bell so you get alerted and we go live, that would be awesome. On our RSS feeds. On podcasts, if you could subscribe and if you want to leave us a five star review, that would be awesome as well. Our Week eleven. I can't believe it's already Week eleven. Gambling Show. Next, What's Right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick wrighton Real Quick. Uh.
Speaker 3: You know how I found out that Lebron had a huge game last week night? Because when I woke up this morning because I didn't watch the game last night. When I woke up this morning and I checked Twitter, there's a whole bunch of Michael Jordan nostalgia and Michael Jordan clips going on, which is the surest fire sign that Lebron must have had a huge night. Third straight triple double thirty five, twelve, and fourteen for Lebron.
Speaker 2: Great night in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Last night, Wimby or Wimby goes for fifty his first career fifty point game, fourth youngest player ever, the youngest ever Brandon Jetting's second youngest of course Bron and then Giannis fifty nine points to steal away escape against Detroit.
Speaker 2: So awesome night in the NBA.
Speaker 3: And speaking of the NBA, the Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at DraftKings Sportsbook and Invisual Sports, winning partner of the NBA Picture This all thirty NBA teams battling it out, divided into six groups, matchups every Tuesday and Friday, each game pushing him closer to Vegas for the ultimate NBA Cup Championship showdown. Catch every play, every nail biting moment, and check out the latest lines and odds on the DraftKings Sportsbook app. Remember, lines and odds are always on the move, so check back off and new to the game, no worries first time customers can bet just five bucks and get a slam dunk two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big with DraftKings Sportsbook. Download DraftKings Sportsbook app and use the code right and actually, just like the subscribe thing I was just talking about, I want to test this out as well.
Speaker 2: Actually do this for me today.
Speaker 3: I want to download the sportsbook app and you when you do it, use my code right Wright.
Speaker 2: If you're a new customer.
Speaker 3: Code for new customers, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bets five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours again.
Speaker 3: Promo code right wr GHT gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler in New York, call eight seven seven eight hope in y or text hope and y which is four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Helps available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino on resort in Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in New Hampshire, Oregon, Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash b ball. All right, so demanse, let's recap my picks from last week three and two, twenty five, twenty four and one on the year. Cincinnati plus six against Baltimore on Thursday Night Football. That was a weird one because it looked, I mean, they were up twenty one to seven. I looked like I was in great shape. Then all of a sudden, with a minute left, they're down seven and it's like, oh my god, I'm gonna lose this, and then score the touchdown, go for two, lock in the bet. Pittsburgh plus three against Washington. That's another weird one. Pittsburgh dominating that game and Washington can't move the ball at all. Then they do the fake punt some other weird stuff. All of a sudden, Washington has a significant lead, but a couple Russell Wilson moonballs later, Pittsburgh wins outright. Arizona plus one against the Jets. That was the definition of not a weird one. Arizona annihilated the Jets. That was the dumbest line of the week, thirty one to six. I think Detroit plus three and a half at Houston. That would have been stealing if I had won that one. Jared Goff threw five picks. But if Jake Bates doesn't hit that field goal at the end and we're going overtime, and I have a chance for Detroit to win by six, but I deserve to lose it. And the Rams minus one against Miami. Shout out to Miami's defense for showing more fight than I thought it could. Anti shout out Sean McVay. I love you McVeigh, but kicking a field goal down eleven from the four yard line is just coaching malpractice. Six minutes left in that game.
Speaker 2: Kick.
Speaker 3: When you kick that field goal, what you're saying is we're gonna make the field goal, get a stop, get a score, get the two point conversion, win in overtime. That's your path. That is your that's your path if you go for it. What you're saying is, we're gonna get these four yards, get a stop, get a touchdown, win the game. So you need like a six way parlay to come through when you opt to kick that field goal, all it does is delay your loss.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, but if we get stopped on fourth down, we lose the game.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 3: But when you kick the field goal, what you are saying you need the following to happen. You need to get a stop, You need to go score a touchdown, which you have evidently so little confidence you can do that. You are kicking a field goal from the four yard line. You then have to complete a two point conversion. You then have to win the game in overtime. You need all those things to happen. If you go for it. Yes, if you don't get it, you lose. But if you do get it, need two things to happen, you can And by the way, if you go for it and get it, you can still play the dumb two point conversion overtime game because if you go for it and get it, you're gonna go for two. If you get the two point conversion, you're down three. Now you can do field goal overtime if you want, and but a touchdown wins you the game either way.
Speaker 2: Just stupid, but regardless.
Speaker 3: Last week, eleven of fourteen underdogs covered, which is funny because two weeks ago, fourteen to the fifteen of the favorites one straight up. All right, Deman's first pick, and I know you like this one. I gotta think you like this one.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, You've got Pittsburgh plus three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pittsburgh plus three at home against Baltimore. I mean Mike Tomlin as a home dog, Mike Tomlin as a dog, Mike Tomlin as a divisional dog. First of all, in this series the last twenty years, the underdog twenty eight and ten against the spread twenty eight, ten and three, So three pushes. I mean, if you're all of these games come down to a field goal, you're giving me a field goal. Tomlin as a dog is in fifteen straight up against Harball. Wait, hold on, he's been that camp. He hasn't been an underdog thirty five times? Okay, yeah, sorry, he's twenty and fifteen straight up as a dog. I was gonna say he hasn't been an underdog thirty five times against John Harbough.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: And and I think Pittsburgh absolutely can win this game outright. We've talked about Tomlin as a dog overall sixty two, thirty five and two. He doesn't cover big numbers, but he absolutely as a dog, wins outright and covers the spread. And so the fifteen of their last eighteen matchups have been one score games. I think Pittsburgh can win, and I think that the Steelers secondary is gonna have a hard time covering George Pickens on those Russell moon balls. I like the Pittsburgh special teams more. I like the Pittsburgh defense more. Obviously I like the Baltimore offense way more. But this is I mean, this is a game TJ. Watt's going to be flying around, and this is where I remind everyone and I understand that we all must kneel at the altar of Lamar Jackson. He's beaten the Pittsburgh Steelers once plays him twice a year, theoretically every year, but he's missed a bunch of them. Lamar Jackson has beaten the Pittsburgh Steelers as a starting quarterback one time in his career, and I think that one game was against Duck Hodges. So the Lamar wins eighty percent of his games if you remove the games against the Chiefs, the Steelers in playoff games, so the like against everyone else, he's as good of a bet as there is. I like the Steelers in this spot, and I and I got I've got to think that the I've got to think that this game comes down to the final possession. So I'll take the plus three points. All right, Demons, go ahead.
Speaker 4: You've got New England plus four and a half versus the Rams.
Speaker 3: New England plus four and a half against Oh on, real quick, before I even do that one, did you not like my Steelers Ravens analysis?
Speaker 4: No, it's just unfortunately it makes sense. Like I do think Russ is gonna be able to light up the secondary. Lamar Jackson's obviously going to do what he wants. But I do think that the Ravens defense will be the biggest hindrance. I think it's the biggest weakness of the game, and I think it'll come back to bite them. I do think the Ravens are gonna win, but I do think it will be a close game. See him winning by three, and I can also see them losing. Unfortunately, I'm realistic.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, fair enough, all right, the Patriots in the Rams. I've got the Patriots plus four and a half, So obviously I don't think the Patriots are good and You guys know, I like the Rams, so I would understand why this pick seems silly. However, the Rams played on Monday night. They are a West Coast team going cross country. It is a one o'clock East coast start. It is they are laying, you know, more than a field goal. The Patriots are going to, you know, try to just at run Drake May run Remandre not let this game, you know, get into the twenties. The Rams defense has actually, to its credit, been good. The Rams offense is what has struggled as of late. I just think this is a ugly, boring, twenty to seventeen, seventeen to fourteen, twenty one to seventeen type of game. I think the Rams control the game, but I do not think they run away with it. Four and a half points is just too many points for a Rams team on a short week going West coast to East coast for a one o'clock kickoff. Patriots feeling great right now, coming off you know, their best defensive performance.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 3: I don't love it. I will be honest. Four of my five picks were easy. I'm not saying they're gonna none of this is easy, but my point is four of the five games, I instantly knew which what I wanted, and I searched long and hard for a fifth. This was the fifth I landed on. So I don't feel great about it, but I feel like this is the sharp. Yeah, this is the Sharp's side of this bet. I just think the Rams haven't earned the right to lay more than a field goal on the road against a team that has shown a pulse, particularly going Monday to Sunday at one o'clock. So I'll take the New England plus four and a half.
Speaker 4: Next thanks, you have Cleveland minus one at New Orleans.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so the Saints goot hear me out here, Demansey because Demonsey doesn't like this one. The Saints got the fired coach bounce.
Speaker 2: They hated Dennis Allen. He got out of there. They get the win.
Speaker 3: If you watch that game at Atlanta, it had a lot of opportunities to win that football game and blew it and Coop had a tough game. Cleveland, coming off a bye, had shown signs of.
Speaker 2: Life with Jamis.
Speaker 3: I do not think New Orleans offensive line is going to it is gonna be able to handle the Brown's defensive front front especially Miles Garrett looking better and playing better the pre buy after being not great at dealing with some injuries earlier.
Speaker 2: So you have.
Speaker 3: Cleveland off of By, you have a Saints team that I think is truly bad, not gonna have Chris Olave, no one on the outside to really threaten you down the field at all, Derek Carr having, you know, getting skittish in the pocket thanks to Miles Garrett, and a Cleveland team that since they made the change to Jamis Winston or you know, since the win did what's the game Deshaun got hurt? Did Deshaun get hurt in the y? He got hurt? Deshaun got hurt in the Bengals game, and they went to Dorian Thompson Robinson and then to Jamis in They Cleveland beat Baltimore and then played poorly against the Chargers. I don't believe New Orleans is gonna have the level of energy they had last week, and I think Cleveland's better than them. I'm just picking a winner here and post by Cleveland's the healthiest they've been all year. Stefanski three to one in this career off of Bye and the Saints since the last six years they're one of the worst teams in the league against the spread, at home, all those things. I like Cleveland win this game. I'm only laying a point. This is a game. I'll be honest. I don't plan to watch if I can help it, I won't watch a second of this game. But I like Cleveland minus one at New Orleans next, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So thank she got Atlanta plus two and a half at Denver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't This is a weird one because Atlanta can't get up pass rush at all. So you do feel like bo Nicks is gonna be able to move the ball a bit. And Denver's defense, obviously is excellent. It's been excellent all year. However, Atlanta has won. Going into this past week against New Orleans, had won five of six. Offense had been explosive. The Saints game, again, as I mentioned, I think they blew it. The Saints got that, you know, had the energy of getting rid of Dennis Allen, but Atlanta still had plenty of chances there. I think Atlanta is a good team. I think at Denver is the best of the bad teams, but Atlanta's actually a good team. And Atlanta bounce back spot Denver. I think the there is a real psychological aftershock of the way they lost to the Chiefs, and I was not in pressed by the Denver offense. I was impressed by the Denver defense. And I know people want me to give Bo Nicks more credit. I just think he's been fine. But Atlanta getting two and a half points in a game that feels like is a coin flip game and absolutely could be, you know, a down one field goal at the gun type of game for either team, like a lot of these Atlanta games are, is the right side of it. Atlanta also is in a position where they they are in a good position in the division. But Tampa's schedule the rest of the way is the worst in football. Tampa the rest of the way Giants, Panthers, Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys, Panthers, Saints. So Tampa, aside from the Chargers game, plays six games against the worst teams.
Speaker 2: In the NFL.
Speaker 3: So Atlanta knows, even though they have a cushion in that division, Tampa's gonna start stacking wins. I like it Lanta to win this game. I certainly like him plus two and a half. And that's the fourth pick and the fifth one is going to be pretty obvious given what we discussed at the top of the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got a Kins City plus two and a half against Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean so. Mahomes has been an underdog fourteen times in his career. He's eleven and three twelve one and one against the spread. The three losses are the following. Twenty eighteen against New England. That game at the two minute warning was forty to forty. New England hits a field goal at the gun.
Speaker 2: To beat them.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen, the famous Monday Night football game against the Rams. That game at the two minute warning was fifty one forty seven Kansas City and the Rams score a touchdown with a minute left to win. And twenty twenty two against Buffalo. That game at the two minute warning was twenty to seventeen Chiefs and Buffalo scored a touchdown in the waning moments to win the game. Point is this, fourteen times Patrick Mahomes has been an underdog. Eleven times he has won outright. The other three he has either been tied or leading with two minutes left. It is just an absurdity to go against Mahomes in this spot. And here is the really remarkable thing about this, Demanse. This will be the fifth time Mahomes and the Chiefs have been underdogs since they last lost a game. They last lost a game on Christmas Day. They were underdogs in the Divisional Round against Buffalo, in the Championship game against Baltimore, in the Super Bowl against the Niners a few weeks ago against the Niners, and now against Buffalo. So they don't lose but a third of the time. Vegas thinks they will all take the Chiefs plus two and a half and.
Speaker 2: I'll feel really good about it.
Speaker 3: So our five picks this week are as follows, Pittsburgh getting three at home against Baltimore, New England getting four and a half at home against the Rams, Cleveland laying one on the road at New Orleans, Atlanta getting two and a half at Denver, and Kansas City getting two and a half at Buffalo. Now for the main event, Demonse's teaser, having won six of seven, just Red Hot last week hit his first three teamer new I mean you deserve it. You hit a three teamer and not only did you hit it, Demanse have won as a parlay you got you bought all these points you didn't need them. You had Cincinnati teased up to plus thirteen. They covered the six, Pittsburgh teased up to plus ten, they covered the three, Tampa Bay teased up to plus thirteen, they covered the six. That is what we call an a plus teaser. What are you going with this week?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: This week, we've got a two teams seven and a half point teaser minus one sixty three. So the obvious Kansas City, we're teasing them up to ten and then Pittsburgh up to ten and a half versus Baltimore. So that that's the teaser we're going with.
Speaker 3: And then we have a supermoval one of the super teaser, the Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Even though I like Pittsburgh plus three.
Speaker 4: It me your picture in here. I just teased them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even though I like Pittsburgh plus three, I oddly don't love them as a teaser, leg only because Baltimore has shown the ability to blow people out and so like the I'm always a little afraid of teasing against Baltimore because at times they just dog walk you.
Speaker 2: But all right, so that's your teaser. I'll give that a minus.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The but you said you have something else as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we've we've got a super teaser for week eleven for those that like live dangerously. We've got a fourteen seven and a half point teaser at plus one seventy and.
Speaker 2: It's the same.
Speaker 4: We're gonna keep Kansas City and Pittsburgh in there, but we're gonna add Jacksonville plus twenty one against Detroit and then Seattle plus fourteen at San Francisco. Yeah, listen, I don't like this one.
Speaker 2: I don't like this one.
Speaker 4: This one doesn't count against my record. This is just a uh, this is a fun one. The one, the one that you guys count me on is the first one that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I just the mac Jones Mac Jones. I mean, I feel like Detroit could score twenty four and cover the twenty one that they'd be laying in this scenario. And the Seattle it's just consistently has a lot of trouble with Shanahan's.
Speaker 2: Niners, Sam Franners moving the ball on them. Uh.
Speaker 4: I thought you were just seeing like the Niners are aggressing a little bit. Though, even even with you.
Speaker 2: No that I agree with you entirely.
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna have uh, the Texans teas down to a pick them against Dallas and Cooper.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and that's fair. The yeah, to not get exploited like the other team. I don't think Baltimore.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 4: They show the ability to bow teams out, but I can't see them doing that to the Steelers. I think they've got something real going on over there. And it's divisial that ye.
Speaker 3: No, that's I obviously like it because I've got him plus the three. It just makes me nervous as he'ser like, all right, what's the offer this week?
Speaker 4: Uh So, we are heading into the NBA Cup this week, and we're picking a couple of group winners, So New York not New York'll go Nick's Cleveland, okay, see to win their groups is a plus seven hundred and yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you have any I don't.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'll be honest with you. I don't have any NBA Cup predictions. I will I'm gonna do a different offer this week, the which is not NBA Cup related. Travis Kelcey anytime touchdown he scored last week, he could have scored twice. He the he's you know, the bane of the Bills. Existence. I like a Kelsey anytime touchdown. I assume that's probably like plus one thirty would be my guest. The producers can tell me in my ear, that's the offer that I'm presenting to the audience. I don't really do player props, but that's the one I'll do. All right, quick plus one forty, So it's about what I thought.
Speaker 2: Quick break.
Speaker 3: Answer some listener questions. Next, what's right? All right, welcome back in What's right?
Speaker 2: We think? Right, Demanda, let's answer some listener questions.
Speaker 4: AJ Figs is, well, the Chiefs try to go seventeen and oh where they start Carson Wentz for Christmas?
Speaker 3: I hope they start Carson Wentz on Christmas? And you still try to go seventeen. Oh, try to win that game. But I you're playing one pm on a Wednesday. If you're fifteen to oh to chase the record is not worth it when you're going for a three peat in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Next, Danny Tanner, do you think the cart Oh? Wait, no, not Danny Tanner? Hordon GMR is this seven and four? Lakers start? Vilebar? Is it fools? Gold? Lebron keep up this pace?
Speaker 2: I mean Lebron's playing unbelievable. It's a little fool's gold in that. I just don't.
Speaker 3: I think they have some of the worst depth of any team that's trying to be a real team. I mean, the Gay vincent Is just can't play. They're playing Coloco. The Jackson Hayes got hurt, and that's like a big loss for them. He's barely an NBA rotation guy. But Lebron and ad have been unbelievable.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next now, Danny Tanner, do you think the Cardinals could be a sleeper team in the NFC? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually do, and I said it earlier this week.
Speaker 2: We'll say it again.
Speaker 3: I think that they're gonna be in that divisional race the rest of the year. I think Week eighteen is gonna be Cardinals Niners Sunday Night football with the division on the line.
Speaker 4: Next Alex Perdrovik for Petrovic vitz Nick. A lot of people are out on the Texans. They already beat the Bills and should have beaten the Lions with the healthy Nico. Could you see them having a twenty twenty one Bengals type run.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna have a twenty twenty one Bengals get all the way to the Super Bowl type of run. But I do think Nico Collins coming back is gonna make the offense look a hell of a lot better. And when Joe Mixon is healthy and Nico Collins is healthy, that offense is elite and you and so I think people maybe are a little too down on Houston right now. I just think they're I think they're a B plus. I don't think they're an A level team. I think they're a B plus. And I think that's solid, Like you're just building something there next.
Speaker 4: Adam Dell guides Geez the names today, I'm sorry, guys, yea names. Would you rather be a Super Bowl winning quarterback who is average like Flacco, Brad Johnson, Jeff has hostas hostetler or at all time hostetler, Yeah, or an all time great quarterback who never want a ring like Mike like Marino or Jim Kelly.
Speaker 2: I mean, to me, that's no question.
Speaker 3: You'd rather be an all time great like I mean, Dan Marino is one of the greatest players in the history of the league. You don't like Brad Johnson is just a guy who was.
Speaker 2: On the Bucks when they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So like that is like, to me, it's more like the more interesting question is would you rather be to go to the NBA like Charles Barkley, one of the greatest players ever.
Speaker 2: But who never won a championship?
Speaker 3: Or Clay Thompson, you know, a Hall of Famer but not all all timer, but you have a handful of championships. That's a real question, you know what I mean? Like that, to me, there's a real pro and con to that. But being just a guy that happened to win a Super Bowl versus being a Hall of Famer all time legend is to me, it's not.
Speaker 4: Even Thompson or Charles Barkley, obous see it's Charles s Maarkley. But it's like, but that's the question I feel.
Speaker 2: Like, right right, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's a real debate, and so the like, would you let me think of another NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an off season discussion.
Speaker 3: But like, to me, just being a guy who happened to be on a team to win the Super Bowls not nearly the same. Jammer is one of the ten greatest quarterbacks of all time. All right, great job today, to Mon's good luck, to everyone's bets. No TV show today, be back on the air Friday, So Friday. See you guys Friday on First things first, and don't forget, like rate, subscribe, review, YouTube podcast, leave five stars, hit the bell, do all that.
Speaker 2: Talk to you guys Friday.
Speaker 4: What's right?
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor.
Speaker 3: Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when.
Speaker 2: We have new episodes.
Speaker 3: After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well.
Speaker 2: Don't forget.
Speaker 3: We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: We'd love to get to two hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Get demands another plaque, so like, subscribe, rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys,