Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Robert Hastings. As you know Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the late Senator Reid was a friend of mine for the past thirty plus years. He co sponsored the largest acknowledged government UFO investigation in history that we know of, something called OSSAPP, which was managed by the Defense Intelligence Agency. A guy named doctor James Lakatski. Robert Bigelow Bigelo Aerospace Subsidiary got the contract. There were fifty full time investigators based here in Las Vegas. They built together this massive database and they went around the world collecting files. Most of that stuff has not been seen by the public. But one piece of information that helped persuade Senator Read to go ahead and risk his political career on sponsor a UFO investigation was the stuff that you put together over the decades. He read your book, and I know he read it because I gave him the copy of it and we talked about it. And it's got to feel good for you that you were able to get to someone in power and they finally paid attention and took some action after all your years of toil.
Speaker 1: On this well.
Speaker 3: I suspected that was the case for the last few years when I would read quotes from Harry in the media, I went, man, it's almost like he's read my book. And so now I know that that's true. Back in eight hal Putoff, who was a Tips scientific advisor, gave more copies of the book to people who he wouldn't identify at the time, And in twenty eighteen I discovered that one of them was Luele Astando, and I suspected that another one was Harry, but apparently he got the book from you later on. So there's three other people that were giving the book back in eight that I don't know yet, but I'm in touch with, as I said, Loueli Zondo, who's been very complimentary of my work. I'm in touch with Jim Summavan, who is a retired high level CIA officer, who told me within the last two weeks that the book has had quote great influence in the US government end quote great impact, I believe was the word he use. So yes, after this many years of working on this and trying to find out what's going on at the nuclear with the nuclear angle, and trying to publicize it, as much as possible. It feels good to know that it had some influence behind the scenes in the US government.
Speaker 2: I know that one part of these documents that have not been made public, but we've discussed it a little bit in public. Jim Lakatski, Colin kellaher and I had shared some of this is that the Northern Tier cases, these Northern Tier US missile bases along the US Canadian border, five of them, one way after another, were visited by UFOs, and these guys who were working for this asset program put the question to the highest levels of the UFS Air Force that they could find is that, Hey, were you guys messing around? Was this some sort of a a test of readiness at these missile silos to see how they would react if some unknowns came into the scene the situation. And the answer they got back is no. I mean, they did do some of those kind of tests, but most of these ones that happened that we're going to talk about now were not the Air Force. This was not a test. It was truly unknown. Can you give our listeners tonight, those who are new to the topic, a general sense of the kinds of things that happen in those Northern tiercases and others. The quality of witnesses that you've talked to over the years and what they say happened to convince them that this was from somewhere else.
Speaker 3: The Northern tiercases, as they've been publicized, occurred in the fall of nineteen seventy five, and as you said, at a number of Strategic Air Command bases, both missile and bomber bases. Suddenly there was a rash of UFO activity in October and November. But what I found in my research is that that kind of activity went on year after year, decade after decade, and the ones that occurred in seventy five that probably Congress knows about or the people who investigated this including a tip that's just a tip of the iceberg. I mean, this has gone on so frequently. I think the most dramatic case that I've heard was from nineteen sixty six or sixty seven. The gentleman couldn't remember. His name was Captain David Schure schu u Are, and he was a missile launch officer at Mina Air Force Base in the late sixties. And in two thousand and seven he told me and I've got tape recording of all the interviews I've done. He told me on the record that one night in nineteen sixty six or sixty seven, he was at a place called Echo Flight, which was a ten flight ten missile group of missiles called a flight designated Echo, and suddenly he's in the launch control capsule underground. He gets a call over the telephone from a top side guard who was just frantic, and there all the guards are watching this luminous object moving around from missile to missile among his ten missiles, and no center did David sure get this information. Then suddenly on his launch console, the missiles started going into launch mode. The lights launching progress lights they're called, suddenly were illuminated one by one. He thinks that seven or eight of his ten missiles were impacted, and they had to flip what's called an inhibit switch to prevent the actual launch of the missile. Now they were terrified. Obviously nothing like this had ever happened before, and he could hear on a communication system that linked his capsule with fourteen other capsules that this object moved from flight to flight to flight, and apparently all the other flights were impacted, at least as far as the object being in their vicinity. He couldn't remember in two thousand and seven whether those flights were had launching progress indicators. But you know that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I've mentioned this before when we've talked you in the Soviet or you in Russia. I should say, I think in ninety four were able to secure some documents that described a virtually identical incident in Soviet Ukraine in nineteen eighty two. And so, you know, whatever, you know, a game is being played, whatever actions are being taken by those who pilot the UFOs, they're not playing favorites. They're doing it here in the States, and they did it in the Soviet Union. I really stopped investigating this in twenty ten, primarily because of health related issues. But the last case that I investigated at length occurred October twenty third and twenty fourth, twenty ten at FB Warren Air Force Base in South Dakota excuse me, Wyoming. They have missile sites in North Dakota and Colorado and in Wyoming. But on that two day period in twenty ten, suddenly FIE Warren Air Force Base could not communicate with five Launch control facilities. They call them missile alert facilities nowadays. So those if there had been a launch order from the President of the United States and E. Fie Warren had communicated to those five launch consoles, the capsules rather that they were to launch their missiles, those five capsules could not have gotten that order, I've learned. I've heard that there was a backup airborne system that could have conveyed the order. But the bottom line was I investigated that and found from two sources who were a missile maintenance personnel at the base who went out and addressed the problem. They were witnessing all that night and into the following morning, a huge cigar shaped object maneuvering above the fe war and missile field. And I'm sure there was a link between the siting of this unknown aerial object and these disruptions that they experienced. So that's pretty darn dramatic. The word leaked out. The Atlantic website actually published the story about these these issues, but there was no mention of UFO activity or a UFO presence, not surprisingly, and it was my subsequent investigation that discovered that that had gone on, and that eyewitnesses out in the field fixing the missile systems were reporting this huge object. So, you know, I'm sure that kind of thing has gone on since twenty ten, but I don't really investigate things anymore.
Speaker 2: I know you've you've spoken to so many witnesses and have seen so many documents squeezed out of the US government via FOYA, the Freedom of Information Act. Have you ever seen a document in which they discuss what the hell was that? Or you know, how do we react to that? Or these were UFOs from is there any reference to this was out of our control. We don't know who did it, We don't know why. They must be freaking out at some level when this happens.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're freaking out. And you know, my sources alsay everyone was terrified when these kinds of things were going on, and that the strictest secrecy was clamped down. You know, the event was clamped down with secrecy. In the early eighties. I attempted on multiple occasions to access documents through the FOIA. Virtually all of my witnesses in the Air Force said that they were debriefed by OSI agents, that's the Air Force Office of Special Investigations. So when they got back from the field, back to whatever base they were stationed at, and you know, asked to describe what occurred, what they witnessed. The person doing the debriefing was the interrogation was an FBI agent or excuse me, OSI agents. So I attempted in the early eighties to get documents from OSI and was told unequivocally time after time that no such documents existed. I knew that wasn't true, So I'm more or less focused over the years on just interviewing the witnesses. But people like Barry Greenwood, who's an excellent researcher, a document specialists, He and other persons have gotten documents that describe some of the cases that went on some of the incidents, and it's clear they what's being released. Primarily, the ones that I'm most familiar with are NORRAT blocks North American Aerospace Defense Command loogs describing sighting reports by security personnel at these missile sites, describing safcare shaped objects, cigar shaped objects, triangular shaped objects capable of hovering and high speed hovering around the missiles. And there's one document from that November seventy five timeframe from Monsterrom Air Force Base where it states in these NORAT will that jet fighters were sent out to the missile sites that were being impacted, and as soon as the jets arrived at the sites, the lights went out. The UFOs extinguished their illumination and were not visible, but as soon as the jets left the vicinity and went back to base, they re illuminated themselves and kept surveying the missile sites. So some pretty dramatic stuff.
Speaker 2: You have a guess on the agenda of these things that have happened over and over they fly over these sites. Are they gathering information? Are they trying to send a message to us, Hey, these might be your most powerful weapons. They don't impress us. Are they figuring out how they need, what they'd have to do to take them down in case Independence Day scenario over happens. What do you think?
Speaker 3: My opinion, and I've said this on the lecture circuit for decades that I think, first, these are non human intelligences. I think they're probably wagging a finger at humans US and the Russians and probably other nuclear powers that have these weapons and cases things going on that I've never heard about because it's so secret. But I think they're basically saying, you're playing with fire. You need to think twice about this nuclear weapons thing. But I've also said that if they have a presence here on Earth, an ongoing presence, if they have bases here, if they have projects here, if they're involved in certain activities in the earthly realm, then a major nuclear war would impact their projects and their plans, you know, as much as it would impact human civilization. So their reasons may not be entirely altruistic. They may be self serving in the sense that they're trying to protect what they've got going on here. Obviously, I don't know if anybody knows the answers. You know, they're at the Pentagon or the CIA, and they're not talking to me. Lue Alizondo has said, and I believe he may have said this in answer to one of the questions that the committee meets this past week, he thinks what he's describing, what he interprets these visits to sensitive military facilities quote unquote, he thinks it could be what I believe the term he used was initial preparation of the battlefield, whereby these entities who pilot the craft may be intending something nefarious, something ominous, and they're more or less checking out all of our sites, where do we have missiles, where do we produce you know, plutonium, and in Russia too, So who knows, Let's hope not. You know, I would want him, everyone should want him to think in those very cautious terms, because I don't think anyone has the answers, and we can't rule out that some of these entities aren't hostiles. So I'm glad that lou and the people in government are at least, you know, looking at things from that perspective. But I hope that that's not the case. I hope that my interpretation of the situation is more to the point it's really going on.
Speaker 2: You know. I guess it'd be foolhardy for us to hope that, in the event that humans were stupid enough to launch nuclear weapons at each other in World War three erupts, that somebody might intervene and stop it from blowing us all up. But I mean, I would hate to roll those dice and expect some other power to intervene just because they've been checking out our weapons. You know, we don't know who they are, where they're from, and we don't know what their long term objectives are. Do we.
Speaker 3: That's right, and so again, you know, I respect Lou for everything he's done. He's a hero of mine. He should be a hero for all of us, and Dave Grush and people like that. But you know, they do come from intelligence background, and it's really their job to thinking the worst case scenario terms, just in case things do take a bad turn. And so you know, again, I personally would want them to have that perspective, but I don't think that that's what's going on. In my view, They've been doing this now since the forties. I mean, I've had sources who were in the military in the nineteen forties talking about UFOs maneuvering around plutonium production sites and bomber bases, our first nuclear bomber bases. So if they were planning to strike and they were just checking out where the weapons were located and so on, they would have done it decades ago. So I just can't buy into this interpretation that it's some sort of initial preparation of the battlefield as Lou describes it.
Speaker 2: Well, Roswell five oh nine, the only active atomic bomber wing in the world was Roswell, New Mexico, and there were UFOs around there Los Alamos, San Dia, White Sands, all those facilities. In the forties, they had UFO incidents, the green fireballs over atomic facilities in those days, I mean, right to the beginning of our atomic age trendity included there were UFOs flying around that And as you discovered, there were a lot of UFO incidents here in Nevada, the Nevada Test Site, which is the most new place in the world, I guess, and there were a lot of sightings, even though the AEC and DOE have said nope, we don't have any records on any of them.
Speaker 3: That's right. It's just so widespread and so you know, ongoing. And you mentioned the Nevada Test Site. Quickly I interviewed a man named Walter Levine who was a military policeman and air policeman at the Nevada Test Site in nineteen fifty five during one series of nuclear tests, and he said that he and three other persons in his squadron were taped for special observer duty and they were ordered to show up at this little shack out in the desert, and when they got inside, it had this very elaborate ranging equipment where you had a window with a grid lines on the window with this device set up that they would look through like like a microscope or a telescope, and it would all allow them to determine the distance and the altitude of unknown areal objects UFOs that would appear upon a regular basis during these nuclear tests. And he went into great length about that. Gabe. You know, I've got all his credentials. I know he was in that squadron and did the work that he said it did, So that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more