Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: What are five biggest lessons to learn from Berkshire Halfway's meeting this weekend?
Speaker 4: For me after I checked it out. Number One, investment is really easy. It's interesting to see that no matter how much the world has changed, their philosophy has not. So it brought me back to the point of like sticking with the plan for a ten fifty year period, even at some point someone asks them, like, what's their one hundred year vision for Berkshire from today? Number Two, cash is not tried to have one hundred and twenty billion dollars in treasury bills in cash. So for everyone like, your debt is good, I'm like, now the interest races went up, not the best thing. It's better to have a bunch of cash on hand in case if they need to deploy, Like, this is amazing that if they wanted to, they can buy seventy percent of Tesla or consider proportion into AMD or any of these companies. Just having this cash shitting around. Number three, the position in Apple cannot be understated.
Speaker 5: I'll say it again.
Speaker 4: Apple is probably the greatest publicly traded company of all time. They get one hundred million dollars a quarter and dividends. And the funny part he was like, I don't even know how the smartphone works, but I do know the consumer when Apple knows how to sell phones incredibly well. So it brings me back to my point of investing in this top company in the world, the Buffets said to me, and this is the greatest company we own today by far. If he would have listened to Charlie a few years prior, they probably would have had another seven or eight billion dollars in dividends that they would have collected, which is amazing. Number four, I thought it was really interesting that he said that there's no other option for reserve currency other than the American dollar. If all of you is like yours, Ben Fearmonger, you don't have to listen to me. You can listen to Uncle Warre. Then he's provided you some safety, right, Could I add to it?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? I mean this is this is true.
Speaker 6: He said that he doesn't expect you dollar to be dethroned as a world's reserve currency anytime soon. Yeah, so there's a couple of things you can look at that, right. Yes, there's confidence in it at the time being. But the fact that he said any time soon means that at some point it could be. It could be maybe not in his lifetime over fifteen years and yeah maybe yeah. And the last one was just stall some paramount.
Speaker 4: He said, it's never good when a company cuts his divid in We'll talk about that a little bit more later, but yeah, anytime a company cuts their dividend, it's usually a sign of weakness and the time to actually get out of the stock. And for a lot of the streaming players, they don't have that much of a competitive advantage anymore. It's not a place to deploy capital. And then, of course the regional banks, we'll talk about that later than in trouble. So banking has no significant advantage anymore, and he does the streaming players. So those are my five big takeaways from there.
Speaker 6: He said that a couple of weeks ago about streaming, they just didn't like it as a business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad Mark, I'm it's not profitable. Here's a simple analysis. Fundamentally, if the margins are saying less than twenty percent, don't invest like you need Here's you need high growth marketins to be able to grow your business, deploy capital into that growth. And also they give money back to shareholders, Like that's one of the first things you can look at fundamentally, Like if they make one hundred dollars per sale, how much that are they keeping. Some companies are only keeping two and three bucks now, the interest rates have been adjusted in the region of banks, some of them only keeping one penny and trying to play the basis point game.
Speaker 5: It's now good.
Speaker 6: I think one of the things was confirmation, Like listen to the takeaways the confirmation, And we spoke about this in market Mondays in La Grow shout to Dave Growth.
Speaker 5: Yes we saw last night.
Speaker 6: But we talked about the pressure that commercial real estate is going to be and then he doubled down and confirmed that and was talking about, you know, higher rates are going to put pressure on the commercial space. It was like we said this two months ago, right, so it's again, It's not like you don't have to listen.
Speaker 5: You have to listen to us. Listen to the greatest vest of our time.
Speaker 6: He's telling you, like, yeah, commercial clock is ticking their times up. But he also talked about the banks, right, and I know people have felt pressure.
Speaker 5: They seen the regional banks, you know, have some turmoil.
Speaker 6: But the number one thing I was like, all right, that's cool, but don't worry about it. Positive safe. Yeah, so I know that puts calm over a lot of people, right, But yeah, if you're invested in the bank, regional banks not a great idea. Maybe not a great time, but if you're an average person who's just putting their money in the bank, yeah you're fine, are going to be saved. And then he talked about earnings year over year, and you know, that's something we talked about. We watched the earnings reports, we watch how they they're going to perform compared to the prior. We said, he's expecting to have a lower year over year earnings. So we'll have to see what that type of impact has on the stop of some us over the next twelve months, right, because if.
Speaker 5: They're not bringing that much money, then we probably expect to see some of them pull back a little bit.
Speaker 6: Obviously, we'll talk about inflation and the impact that that's had and the federate. So it's interesting, like hearing those things was like, all right, yeah, we've been things and it's again it's confirming the things that we've been saying already, and.
Speaker 4: We can see it in the earnings now they've been adjusting guidance slower. Even when I was with Mike and Josh, she got to check out the episode with me and Josh episode of the compl.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by p and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts or digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate, let's Square handle the back end you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump. Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested if you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has been going things to say about you too, by the way, being a visionary. So you guys be talking so but when I was talking to Josh, I'm like, hey, our vacancy rates for the commercial space at like fifteen percent. He was like, no, they're almost at twenty. So, like a normal rate is like five to ten. Fifteen is like a danger sign. I'm like, if we're twenty percent vacancy, that is not a good sign.
Speaker 5: We are going to.
Speaker 4: See a correction in that commercial space probably in the next two years. And I think that if they didn't prop up these regional banks, the bigger banks will have to start to pay for those vacancies. It's getting tricky out here. Only investing the best companies in the space, then you'll be good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they astraally longer about his response. Old fashioned intelligence works pretty well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, It's just like, why what if a business is not profitable or the margins are tooth in. I am begging you to stay away. And I know we want to gamble and we want to look. I know pepper corn is taken off to the moon. It's going to come back down to whatever normal deviation is normally at.
Speaker 5: But we have to stop being involved in this hype cycle. Now.
Speaker 4: If you catch it on the upside, I'm not mad at it. But once it's in the news is usually too late. And that's the thing that I want to stress here. Week to week or day to day news doesn't matter. It's the principles and investing that matter more than anything.
Speaker 3: So and you have it in Berkshire, half aways A shares four hundred and ninety seven thousand dollars per year, so almost a half a million dollars for one share, and B share is three hundred and twenty seven dollars per share for it. So the A share can we tell you talk about that? Give them some explanation the difference between A shar and B Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the class A shares are like the big shares like the main.
Speaker 5: Power player shares that you want.
Speaker 4: Of course, if you invest the way back in the day, the return and that has been amazing.
Speaker 5: But the reason why he didn't split, so of.
Speaker 4: Course as the price of those shares go up, they all earned more. So they made it a B share so people like us could be able to get in and invest in it because people missed the opportunities. So like when Apple was split or Tesla splits, they do so so more cash can come in. But because they're buying some quality businesses like Gary Queen Ce's Candies, a bunch of like home furnishing companies, they didn't want to dilute those shares so they can remain rich, but they didn't want to provide access to the everyday person to be involved in Berkshire and have the safety. So it was interesting to see even how they allow people to get into the fund later but also kept majority of the riches for themselves as well. So I think it's the best way to kind of like play the asset allocation in ETF.
Speaker 5: Yeah game as.
Speaker 6: Well, And I'm glad you brought that up about acquiring companies because one of the things that they spoke about at the meeting was their involvement and as a petroleum right, we keep seeing them invested in every every quarter and it's like, all right, at this point, you're investing in this pretty heavily. Are you just going to take over the company? And it's His response was really interesting. It was like, yeah, we would, but we don't know what to do with it. I'm like, if you're invested in every quarter, you don't know what to.
Speaker 5: Do with it. So these are the things.
Speaker 6: I mean, you watch for these things, right, So that's a company obviously if you're looking if he's looking at it and he's putting heavy money behind it, the same way when we looked at TSM when they put money in, it was like the stop price went up and then they sold it and then stock price came down. The reason they're moving their money is because they see something five ten.
Speaker 5: Years down the line. We're not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that's the advantage you have of being in those spaces.
Speaker 3: So when Berkshire Halfway stock first came out in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: I believe yeah, things later for you.
Speaker 3: It debuted at fourteen hundred dollars. It's currently at around five hundred thousand dollars right now. So that is a thirty five thousand percent rate of return. That's a thirty five thousand put the dollars in your favor. That's a thirty five thousand percent rate of return since in thirty nine years. And the b chare actually debuted in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 5: I believeue.
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety six at twenty dollars and now it is three hundred and twenty seven dollars. So that is let me see how much that is.
Speaker 4: And that's why we will go back to the rap debate versus sports debate thing while they had a debate and who was better Mace or Jay or biggin Tipoc'm like, no one will screaming with us. You should get b shares of birch Shire.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's a fifteen hundred percent rate of return. My graduate from my school being force back drop dropdroproft.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.