Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Decades and Key Arms yet blid lifeline from.
Speaker 1: Studio See Say see cs in York, a dimly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound.
Speaker 2: Our trade is open, and today we are toiling under the title of the show.
Speaker 3: Teachers unions, past drug dealers in Damaging Kids. Wow or wait, just wait, that's second headline A bit mysterious.
Speaker 2: I can see. I've spent the day reading.
Speaker 3: Various accounts and assessment of how the war with Iran is going, and I've become acutely aware. And Jack, I'm sure you've noticed this too. Everybody must every single day predict how this ends and whether it's succeeded or failed. I mean, it's like the bottom of the second inning of a baseball game, and it's no failure. This team's lost. Get this game is over or this game this is a glorious win for this team.
Speaker 2: Glory, Oh my god, just.
Speaker 1: Wait yeah, and then a grand scheme of things were what six weeks It's a it's a blip.
Speaker 2: Of history.
Speaker 3: So when was the last time you heard somebody say something like, you know, there are certainly some challenges right now, but you've got to expect that it remains to be seen how this works out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we seem to make a living doing this.
Speaker 1: But if somebody on a cable news channel they go around the panel and anybody ever said, you know, it's too early to tell, who knows?
Speaker 2: Would they just signs some bad signs? Would they just send you home? I suppose they would.
Speaker 3: They would probably say, Jim, thanks for a year service on the panel. But we've decided to go in different direction.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing of the last twenty four hours we talked about this some yesterday, is the whole Trump battle and the Pope.
Speaker 2: The atheist media, who doesn't care about religion at all and particularly.
Speaker 1: Hates the Pope and Catholicism, all of a sudden, is so concerned about the Pope's feelings.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, a president is disrespected Pope.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump says he will not apologize to the Pope. You don't you don't like anybody who's religious. Who are you trying the kid?
Speaker 2: We're going live now to Janine Smith, the only Catholic.
Speaker 3: We could find in the entire parent company that owns this network for a comment.
Speaker 2: Janine, all of a sudden, they're really really worried about that. Yeah, it's so funny, the.
Speaker 1: Trump posting of him as Jesus healing people. Gotta admit that's an interesting story.
Speaker 2: Man. It is the President States putting out that. Make sure.
Speaker 3: I think it's another example of the media just completely misinterpreting it. And it's not in a way that's terribly charitable to Trump. I'm not a trumpy on this one, but what.
Speaker 1: Do you think it What do you think they're misinterpreting well, that he was trying to pass himself off as a christ Finger, and I agree with us of yesterday.
Speaker 2: Trump is such an atheist.
Speaker 3: He has no idea that that iconography is christ. He just thought, oh, it was like a doctor healing a guy or something. He's completely unfamiliar with virtually anything to do with Christianity. He might struggle to come up with Jesus' last name. Okay, that's why he put that out. It wasn't you know he was passing himself off as Jesus.
Speaker 2: That he didn't even know. I just listen on a different topic.
Speaker 1: I was just looking up at a map of the Strait of Horror Moves, which are there ain't a lot of ships going through because of the blockade and whatnot. I just listened to a former Secretary of Defense say it is he's a major tenant of the world order for quite a few years, that shipping lanes need to be open. Europe should be helping the United States keep this straight open, regardless of anything else.
Speaker 2: And that sounds pretty right, I would agree.
Speaker 3: And while resentment of Trump might legitimately cause them to make a strong statement or drag their feet for a little bit, to make a point to just not help at all is bizarre.
Speaker 2: What it is is they can't.
Speaker 3: They really lack the ability to project power, and so they're hiding behind their dislike of Trump and the way he went about to this conflict. And you know, it's not like they have no point. But again, it's a helpful excuse.
Speaker 1: The peace negotiations between and are in the United States, which I was pretty skeptical that they even existed yesterday apparently going on because everybody's reporting today that you don't get to enrich you uranium. Iran saying they'll agree to five years and we're saying, you got, it's got to be twenty is the latest. But at least that's a negotiation. You know, you come up with a number in between, and maybe we could live with that for a while.
Speaker 3: And I should have asked for this crew, and that's on me. But Jadie Vance talked to Brett Bear last night on Special Report and made it clear that, yeah, we walked out of the negotiations kind of, but it was it was when it became clear that the delegation there didn't have the authority to come to a deal. They needed to go back to Tehran and consult with their bosses before we moved forward. So yeah, we called it off and they went back to Tehran. Now we're going to make more progress. And you know, JD is a skilled spinner. So I don't know how seriously to take that description, but it seems perfectly reasonable to me. That happens in negotiations all the time, which is why you always want to make sure you're talking to the guy who can make a deal, otherwise you're wasting your time spinning your wheels.
Speaker 2: But it's plausible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, would that be a win if we agreed to. I don't know what's between five and fifteen that would be agreed to. Eight, Say it's eight would be we consider that a win.
Speaker 2: Well, we're asking for twenty, so I deserve. I demand at least twelve and a half.
Speaker 1: Of course, as with the JCPOA, which was the Obama thing, it's all about the inspections and whether or not you can have anywhere, anytime inspections.
Speaker 2: And they didn't agree to that under.
Speaker 1: The JCPO if you can't show up anytime you want, anywhere you want and inspect for you know, you building a nuclear weapon, it ain't no good.
Speaker 2: You're read in my mind.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, the agreement could be for two minutes or seven hundred years, and it just doesn't matter unless there's a verification regime in place.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We got a lot more on that. Start the official show, Now, how about we do that. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Tuesday, April fourteenth, year, twenty twenty six. Where Armstrong and getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 3: Then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, the show starts at mark.
Speaker 2: I'm Chris buckin.
Speaker 4: I'm about to drink the first vaccine beer the world has ever seen.
Speaker 2: I made this beer in my home.
Speaker 4: Lab set up, and I'm hoping that eventually it will be able to protect transplant patients against a horrible virus called polyomavirus.
Speaker 2: And I'm just gonna have the first claff.
Speaker 1: Essentially to prove safety, at least in myself.
Speaker 2: In an end of one self experiment, delightful vaccine beer?
Speaker 3: Can we come up with maybe anti beerotics or beer's control pills? I mean, where why stop now? Beer vitamins?
Speaker 2: Yes, what would that be? I'll have to work on that one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why the vaccine needs to be in beer. What's a the.
Speaker 2: Well? People don't want to get jabbed. I understand that.
Speaker 1: But if you can drink the vaccine and work, you would usually start with just a liquid you can drink, like a lot of medicine is like a coke or water, or just a juice, just any liquid you consume so you get the vaccine. Why it has to be an intoxicant, I'm not exactly sure. Vaccine jump a juice exactly? Yeah, there are many options that aren't could get you drunk.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to. I guess you got a point. Is this an odd place to fine?
Speaker 3: Tinker Bell, give me one of those beers, the vaccine beers.
Speaker 1: I how much sleep did I get last night? Because I was uplate at the Springsteen concert, then had to drive back from San Francisco, so I went to bed at one thirty.
Speaker 2: I think, Uh.
Speaker 1: I told my kids, this is real. This is a real test of your maturity. Toughing it out something you got to do in life. Stay up a little late, tough it out, manage on a little sleep. See if you can do it.
Speaker 2: Excellent pep talk.
Speaker 1: We'll see how that goes. All of us in the car driving home, Mark ears ringing. Been a long time since I'd been to a really big, loud, long rock concert, mini years. I'd forgotten that feeling of you get in your car and realize how deaf you are.
Speaker 2: Yes the washy ring yes, yes, and you can wear plugs for you.
Speaker 1: I did not wear plugs. Now, I didn't expect it to be that loud. It was quite loud.
Speaker 2: My very responsible son wears air plugs. But that's the way he had of everything.
Speaker 3: Well, you forgot to task basketball Arina Baseball Stadium, concert hall where the Golden State Warriors player believe the Chase Center and there was not an empty seat and nobody sat the entire concert.
Speaker 2: But I'll talk more about that later.
Speaker 1: We got headlines on the way and lots of news to get to stay with us. A lot of Hokahs in the crowd at the Springsteen concert, a lot of Hocus, A lot of comfortable grown up footwear.
Speaker 2: On cloud very very hot too.
Speaker 3: That's my branded choice, mostly Hocus, Yes, yeah, yeah, okay, so much to get to.
Speaker 2: Why don't we get to it.
Speaker 3: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the leak story with Katie Green Katie.
Speaker 4: Already, let's start with the alphabet networks. ABC US proposes twenty year minimum suspension on iranium uranium enrichment CNN USI's potential second round of talks with Iran as blockade takes hold an NBC China says Trump blockade is quote dangerous as Iran linked ships transit the Straits of Ormuz.
Speaker 1: I don't know why Iran wouldn't just agree to again and then cheat.
Speaker 2: That's what they've always done.
Speaker 1: I don't I haven't heard anybody explain that because that's what they've always done, wild with sudden, really saying.
Speaker 2: Out loud, acting like their word is their bond.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Trump and Cump have made it clear that there is going to be a serious, serious inspection regime and the high jinks of the past are a no go and if you even try it will bomb.
Speaker 2: But Jesus is out you again.
Speaker 3: It's still I'm sorry. I was listening to myself as I spoke. I would still do what you suggested. So yeah, we get it, we get it, okay, okay, and then day by day say hey, that that was too much.
Speaker 2: You got to push back a little bit and just work it like they always have.
Speaker 1: If you you probably don't remember this. The way Iran got around the inspections with the JCPO that OA, that was Obama's agreement with Ran. I have to talk about that later because I didn't remember the details. It's really quite amazing that we let Iran get away with it. Let's just to shorten it, call it the no Bama agreement. No, all right, I liked it, Joe, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: From the New York Times, Van says Pope should stay out of US.
Speaker 1: Affairs, but Pope lap. I agree with the pope. Shut up, just shut up. Can you say shut up to.
Speaker 2: A pope or you probably not supposed to say that you can.
Speaker 1: I would listen to you talk about the Bible in Jesus all day long, wrapped with attention, mister pope.
Speaker 2: He started getting into foreign policy. I just have no time for you.
Speaker 3: Or if you want to say, of course, you know, people who walk with Christ.
Speaker 2: Yearn for peace, we hope peace is restored. That's own. It's perfectly fine. In general, you prefer peace to war. I get it right.
Speaker 4: From the Wall Street Journal, how an image depicting Trump as Christ sparked backlash on the religious right.
Speaker 2: He's beefing with Riley Gaines.
Speaker 1: Now. I was told that even people that generally support everything Trump does didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the list of folks who spoke out in that journal article was long and impressive.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, I don't think anybody.
Speaker 3: Will be talking about this in a week or tomorrow, which is I'm sorry, I'm bad at this job.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a hot take.
Speaker 3: You gotta pretend that every single thing that happens is the most important thing that's ever happened, and you're personally outraged by it one way or the other.
Speaker 2: Flip a coin.
Speaker 1: What's a hell of a nutty thing to do? Ohe to Liberty and bald.
Speaker 4: Eagles from USA Today, Eric Swallwell's exit helps Democrats in California governor's race.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why it happened. He's been this guy. All these things happened many years ago. Everybody knew it. It happened to get him out.
Speaker 2: Of the race.
Speaker 1: How does everybody not understand what is going on here?
Speaker 2: It's so dopey.
Speaker 3: My favorite comment was from Brit Hume, who said, I'll give this to the Democrats when they need to get somebody out of the way. They are disciplined and they do it. Yeah, Bernie, Hillary Biden now swallowell knife right in the back.
Speaker 4: From the New York Post, Meta is building a creepy AI clone of Mark Zuckerberg, who chats with staff.
Speaker 2: The chinnl is creepy. The real deal is creepy. Yeah, all right. Here's a fun one from the Washington Post.
Speaker 4: World's oldest gorilla, known for her quote dignified manner, turns sixty nine.
Speaker 3: When you threw her poohs with her pinky in the air, very dignified.
Speaker 4: Here's sixty nine sixty nine. Now here's the story. Legend has it that fatteau or fattoo. I don't know how they pronounce her name.
Speaker 2: No woman wants to be called fatto. I know girls on in years Dick's big boned. Yeah, she's just fluffy.
Speaker 4: A western Lowland gorilla was brought from Africa to the port of France in the late nineteen fifties by a sailor who traded her in to settle a bar bill.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, I'd rather have the thirty bucks, but I'll take a gorilla.
Speaker 2: Sense, Okay.
Speaker 4: Study fines AI disease prediction may catch illnesses before symptoms even start.
Speaker 2: I hope that's true.
Speaker 1: I don't know what queens about AI are true, but I hope that was true.
Speaker 2: Hey, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well they're saying that things happen before you get sick on like a molecular level that humans can't detect, and that apparently AI is really.
Speaker 2: Good at seeing these things.
Speaker 3: So you got to bring that story to us in full heater on love to hear it. Getting back to the gorilla briefly, scientists are reporting now there is a civil war going on among chimps in Africa. There's a giant civil war afoot.
Speaker 2: I want to hear about that. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Finally the babylon b blasphemy Pope Leo shares Ai picture depicting himself as Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Ah, who had the headline that Eric Swollwell leaving the race changes things for the Democratic who had that headline USA today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You idiots, So you're.
Speaker 1: Acting like, well, here's an interesting byproduct of Eric Swollwell's uh eruption bimbo eruption over the weekend now clears the way further. Yeah that's what you got it wrong, you morons.
Speaker 2: No, that was the point, that's why they did it. What Yeah, they really thought they were doing something with that headline.
Speaker 3: Death of husband may clear the way from murderous boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what we weren't doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, well, okay, the drive by media is the great russel impo put it. So the thing with the AI picking up the diseases early, which I've heard a lot and I believe could be true.
Speaker 2: But do you have to get like blood.
Speaker 1: Tests weekly or or something like that for it to be able to pick up on all this stuff?
Speaker 2: Because if they got data from your body. I don't know how can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how good are the scanning devices these days, your or rings and Apple's watch and I don't even know m Yeah, So we'll get that stro all those.
Speaker 1: We'll kind of get you the details on and a whole bunch of the news today.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stay here.
Speaker 1: If you miss the segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more war with Iran a little bit later and try to figure out what is going on. Nobody seems to know us. Look at it. This is pretty much exactly what you said earlier. Mark Halpern's newsletter today was one thousand monkeys looking through one thousand glasses darkly. In other words, nobody has any idea what's going on right now at all. Nobody has any idea the involvement China has right now. There's lots swirling around there, how the blockade is going, is kind of a dark spot, and all kinds of other stuff. But MBS is pressuring Trump apparently to open the straight back up to end the blockade, having pressured Trump over the weekend to not end the war, so he wants something in between.
Speaker 3: Apparently, yeah, that's opening up this straight is the point of closing the strait.
Speaker 2: But we'll talk about that in a little bit. Can't wait. And yeah, I completely agree.
Speaker 3: They are behind the scenes, highest level, superpower level negotiations going on. Influence and strength beaning pulse, so super interesting. So in the show introduction I went with one of the titles was teachers Union's past drug dealers and damaging kids. I realized that's a strong statement and certainly not addressed to individual teachers who I treasure, including friends and family. The LA schools, which are an absolute disaster. Big news from them, as the journal editorial board leads their coverage. When government rewards failure, the result is usually more failure. That's been the story in Los Angeles with a teachers' union on Sunday secured a rich new contract notwithstanding lousy student performance and declining enrollment. It's so bad some of these numbers.
Speaker 1: We have lost control of this thing that is public education that we apparently forgot we're in charge of. It's a public school, we get to vote on all this. We're supposed to be in charge, and somehow they decided they're.
Speaker 3: In charge government schools are a giant slush fund slash political jobs program to wit. LA Unified School District's new collective bargaining agreement with the United Teachers Los Angeles Union increases salary scales by eleven and a half plus percent over two years, double the rate of inflation, plus four weeks of paid print leave, expanded student sports services that will invariably require more hiring. Pay for new teachers will jump nearly twelve percent to seventy seven thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Very expensive to live in the LA area.
Speaker 3: I'm not judging that will hold off on our judgments, at least I will from of the moment. The agreement comes after the district warned two months ago that a looming eight hundred and seventy seven million dollar deficit could require thousands of layoffs. That was before the raises, said the superintendent. At some point we reach a breaking point. Increasing costs for retirement benefits, a post pandemic hiring binge, and declining student enrollments are squeezing the district's finances. State spending per pupil has soared in recent years to twenty seven and a half thousand dollars a year per student, meaning if you just had a teacher and the students granted, you know, you'd have to drag your own chair to school or whatever.
Speaker 2: I imagine the scenario.
Speaker 3: Maybe we want more than that, but if it was just a teacher and a student that twenty seven grand a year per person, you'd only need really like three students maybe four, and you could have a great class with a highly paid teacher. Anyway, but it hasn't benefited as much as other districts because it's enrollment is shrunk by nearly a quarter since twenty nineteen. By nearly a quarter. Families moved away during the pandemic when schools were closed at the behest of the unions, and the flight has continued owing to LA's crappy schools, high cost of living, taxes, and crime.
Speaker 2: Here's my favorite stat.
Speaker 3: The federal pandemic largest helped paper over the district's budget problems for time.
Speaker 2: And super charre tiring.
Speaker 3: Here's the superintendent again, and I quote, we still have a workforce that is larger than when the district had forty percent more students than we have today.
Speaker 2: WHOA, it's shrunk that much. I'll give you a moment.
Speaker 3: They have more employees than when they had forty percent more.
Speaker 1: Students, and I'm guessing the results were all so better in terms of kid that could read and write.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, much better. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Meantime, the district and state are required to make payments sequel to thirty percent of teachers salaries for the pensions. Teachers can retire at age sixty three with a pension worth six eighty five percent of their final pay, plus free health benefits for light weeks. Should It's so clever of them to have pretended, because this is what it feels like as a kid.
Speaker 1: You go to school, there are teachers. Maybe you think about the principle.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: And they convinced this that that all discussions about money for schools is about teachers, leaving out the fact that there are gazillions of people doing the other stuff. Who the knows what the hell it is that suck up all that money, and then many many union employees in the rest of it. All right, final numbers the National Assessment of Educational Progress nationwide, twenty seven percent of our kids are proficient in math.
Speaker 2: That's a miserable failure, but it's.
Speaker 3: Way better than LA Jack, where the number is eighteen percent.
Speaker 1: Eighteen percent proficiency. It's such a simple sentence. I can't believe that this isn't got more power behind it in terms of running for office or whatever. We're spending more than we ever have adjusted for inflation and getting less.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The end worse results.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it keeps going that direction. The trend line is further more money less results, more money less results. Don't give me your teachers need more money. I wish I could use the word because it is complete full less. Yeah, I know, I know, and it works on people. Well, teachers they try so hard.
Speaker 3: They know.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about the teachers. We're talking about layers and layers of middle management who knows what the hell they do other than use money.
Speaker 3: Final note on the test scores eighteen percent proficient math in LA. I tip my imaginary cap to the journal editorial board. Their final line of the editorial is, then again, the district's catawampus finances suggest as.
Speaker 2: Leaders are no better at math. You no kidding? And I would also add so disappointing and depressing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, it's well, it should make people angry, which is not you know, what we intend to do. You know, sorry, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: And the teachers' unions who get I don't know. I've said this for years now. Honest to God, don't know how they sleep at night. How have you convinced yourself that you're doing something good for the world, or that you're even break even.
Speaker 2: I mean you're evil. You are evil people. What you're doing to these kids.
Speaker 1: And you get up there and you make these claims about specifically, you know, the downtroden, the black and brown kids who come from poor income families.
Speaker 2: They're the ones getting screwed the most. The people you claim you care the most.
Speaker 1: About are the ones that absolutely are getting screwed because families that have more resources have figured out that the school doesn't teach them anything and has had to you know, go with sums are either private school or hiring tutors or whatever bypass your piece of crap to get their kid educated.
Speaker 2: You're screwing the downtrodden. And you go out there and you ask for more money. You were evil people.
Speaker 3: We'll see and I'm gonna say the same thing I always say when we have this discussion. Yes, you haven't known enough evil people.
Speaker 2: In your life. That's precisely correct. They're evil.
Speaker 3: They sleep at night like babies, they're fine, they're great, they get up with a smile on their face.
Speaker 2: They're evil. Evil exists in the world.
Speaker 3: Second thing is we haven't even gotten to the awful, awful stew of progressive policies that have hollowed out the classrooms and rendered the kids unteachable, which comes straight from not only the teachers' unions, but the colleges of education that have been at the forefront of critical theory and postmodernism, the neo Marxism I'm always talking about. I mean, they're absolutely the leaders in this stuff. And so you combine those two things, and I'm telling you, well, you were Jack. It was when you were out with your boys visiting Family's happened when.
Speaker 2: I absolutely save it for when you're there's a lot of us despite you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Actually I have it right here. I could forward it to you, Jack, if you want to read it. We got we got a number of great emails from teachers after our discussion of this last week, including one absolute two and a half page blockbuster, and the one teacher a great email said, I think it can still be saved. Maybe I disagree because the good people are so beaten down they don't dare speak out anymore.
Speaker 1: You'd have to start over, you know. Elon this is a different topic. But Elon had an interesting post the other day about how did we ever decide that everybody at the same age should be in a grade and learn the same stuff? Who decided that? And why do we stick with it? As opposed to everybody matures at a rate. Everybody's at a different place on different subjects. Why wouldn't each subject, like like in the math school, I might have been level you know, don't make a grade or attach age to itever I might been level sixteen. But on the other stuff, something else, like a language. I never had to take a foreign language, but if I had, I'd have been awful at it. On that one, I'm at like a four, So I'm in with the people that are the fours, and in the math I'm in this one. And why don't you break it down that way as opposed to everybody in the same based on age.
Speaker 2: It's nuts, It really is. If you think about it.
Speaker 3: And I'm hearing a couple of objections burble up, and I mean, for instance, the social problem you're an eighth grader essentially, or the equivalent year in a class.
Speaker 2: With the fourth I'm in, max On how far apart you are? Sure?
Speaker 3: And ors, but again give me, let's see five seconds to think about it. Number one, to avoid the social embarrassment of certain kids, you could have catch up programs specifically for older kids who need to catch up to preserve their dignity.
Speaker 2: No problem.
Speaker 3: Secondly, maybe the first day of every single school year, you re explain to all the kids the teaching philosophy that, look, we want to meet you where you are and help you and as fast as you can succording to your interest in your abilities.
Speaker 2: No problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you present it that way. I think culturally we'd all get used to it.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, compared to the status quo. Right.
Speaker 1: Ugh. As Elon said, you got people in classes and I know this is true. It was true, and I was a good it's true.
Speaker 2: In my kids.
Speaker 1: Classes, you got people that are so advanced in whichever class you're in, they're bored to death.
Speaker 2: And then you got the kids that are so far behind.
Speaker 1: They're just sitting there staring at the wall because they're so far behind, they don't even know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: About, right, Say what is the point? Right? That is so smart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm reminded of our oft times discussion of the US tax code. People present like reforms or changes or something. Everybody's like, oh no, that might have a downside. I've heard that has a downside. It's just like the current education system. If you were to propose the current reality, they would put you in a mental institution. They would think, oh my god, this person's dangerously insane to present like our current tax system is a good or our current education system, and yet people act like any sort of change is a threat.
Speaker 2: I throw up my hands. I'll be on the golf course if you need me.
Speaker 1: And to the social stigma of you know, being held back or whatever, how is that.
Speaker 2: Better or we're.
Speaker 1: Depending on how you look at it better or worse. How is that something we should be more concerned about. Then you get out of school and don't have the ability to succeed in life. Oh you want to talk about social stigma. You're now eighteen years old and you can't read or do anything else, and you're supposed to find a job. I think that's going to be way more painful than if you had to redo fourth grade.
Speaker 3: And you know my final argument, and you know I was always I've always I still love learning, and I still uh I love learning and curious about everything. But you're denying those kids who are behind that. Ah wait, I get it moment, even if it comes a year or two behind the kids who were exceptionally good at it. To deny them, that is utterly cruel. To protect your union, your job, and your pay. I just despise it. I hate you, that's hate speed.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody in.
Speaker 1: The teachers unions who's not evil? Do they fight like? Is it like a split? Are they fighting the fighting the other people in the teachers union? Or do they get run out? Or you think you have the evil and the beat down? Those are the two constituencies.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I knew a guy who was in charge of he was high up in the teachers union in a different state. He was alway talking about public educacy. I'm a big public education guy. Never got into the argument with him. I wish I would have, just, you know, hopefully in a I don't know if I could stay friendly. I have such a strong obinion on it. Tear the whole thing down. You got to start over it's a disaster, absolute disaster, and the kids.
Speaker 2: Are the victims. How do you not get that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: We got mail bag.
Speaker 1: Mail bag is next, broadcasters, I'm going to narrow cast briefly. This is to Jensen's parents. I know you listen every single day. Jensen's dad, Tell your daughter put pressure on her to get regular flavored coffee because she's only by.
Speaker 2: All we have left is coconut mocha and I can't drink. Oh wow, you're taking this to her parents. I'm taking I'm taking it to her.
Speaker 1: Dad, Sara Lan. Not just one flavor coconut mocha. It's awful and that's all. We got boxes and boxes of it, but no regular coffee, and she orders supplies. Good lord, here are your freedom loving quotes.
Speaker 2: Of the day on the topic of war.
Speaker 1: You feel like that was out a line going over her head to her dad. Okay, I don't have to think about that controversial. Yeah, this from George S. Patten, A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. And then this from George Washington. Perhaps you've heard.
Speaker 2: Of them, The Light Great George Washington.
Speaker 3: My first wish is to see this plague of man kind war banished from the earth. Yeah, if only, George, if only mail bag drops a note Mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Sergio writes, Dear Sirs, I'm writing to express my disappointment regarding a recent segment of your program.
Speaker 2: I've been a listener for a while.
Speaker 3: And I've always respected your perspective, but your recent commentary regarding Trump's post where he looks like a biblical figure has changed my opinion of your show. To me, it sounded like excuses were being made, similar to the rhetoric I hear from the other side of the political spectrum. I'm truly saddened by the shift and tone inconsistent with the quality.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Sergio.
Speaker 3: My excuse was he's an atheist who pretends to be a Christian and knows nothing about it.
Speaker 2: If that strikes you as too soft, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: What's interesting is this owner if this was the same person or a different person we got this text twenty one year plus listener, this sucks. This past year has been like finding out my two cool gay dads are now a holes and are in love with the same man Trump.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay on on what topic. Look, yeah, there's no there's absolutely no please in.
Speaker 1: Everybody apparently not. But I would like to know on what topic after twenty one years we were too pro Trump yesterday? And what topic? The Yeah, I don't think we could have been more dismissive of the Jesus.
Speaker 3: Thing he put out. I said it was horrifying and blasphemous. Do me a fair ghost, write me what I should have said. If horrifying, blasphemous and an atheist pretending to respect Christianity isn't strong enough for you, which shall I haul.
Speaker 2: Myself up on the cross for you?
Speaker 3: Sergio, I don't know what you're looking for, oh lord. And then this meme, and there are plenty of them. Here's a Halloween costume, a bearded man in the white and the red sash and the rest of it, and it's labeled doctor.
Speaker 2: It's clearly a Jesus costume. Oh boy, Yeah, that's some good stuff.
Speaker 3: We belong to a different topic, specifically, scumbag Swallwell, Ricky writes, good morning, JEMs. I thought this might be a good headline for the Babylon b Democrats find their moral compass. His course heading brings them dangerously close to a Republican victory in California governor's race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: Please, he could rape the woman in his congressional office with the door open. They wouldn't have said anything, except now he's kind of interfering with their chosen union Lackey getting elected, so all of a sudden they find their moral outrage.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I should lay out my theory on Trump running as a Republican. I don't know, never have fully laid it out. I've believed it since one I've never said it because, oh really no, not out on the air.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we're running out of time.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of great stuff, But a similar note kind of true of the millennial rights. There are likely many people in your audience who once defended Matt Gates but hated Eric Swalwell and vice versa. Why would any of these people be willing to explain the difference between these two guys. That can't be done. They're the exact same person, So why would you like the one but.
Speaker 2: Hate the other? To be fair, I maybe I just haven't heard it yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've heard anything that is even close to Matt Gates level that Eric Swalwell did. He drank with a bunch of chicks who weren't his wife, who got really drunk, and I had sex with him and now regret it.
Speaker 2: But is there more that I haven't heard yet? Oh? Stay tuned, Okay, Armstrong and Getty