Speaker 1: Sure, you're ready. Ready.
Speaker 2: We got a lot to talk about on this, Yes, this, we just talked about how we need to get started recording because this is gonna be a long one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This today's episode. This is Operation this is Operation shot Collar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Two week vacation in Italy. You had a week vacation down in thirty eight. Yeah, done at Grayson Beach greaton beach great and beach great.
Speaker 1: I say Grayson Grayson great name too and low key.
Speaker 3: They're kind of similar Italy. It's like the beaches on Italy very much remind me of thirty eight big time. Anytime in thirty eight. It's like, do I feel like I'm in Italy?
Speaker 2: You jokingly you have gotten flak on the internet for saying thirty eight is the Italy of the United States.
Speaker 3: Come on, it is, come on, come on. I know, like it's funny and I know I get I know he get joked on for it. But I'm thinking, dude, it's if you've been to both, it's right there, go there, just go there, just go there.
Speaker 1: Tell well he's wrong. Yeah, yeah, if you don't agree.
Speaker 3: Because I just went to uh, I think it was Carol, Carol, Caroli something somewhere close to Venice, but the beach of carol Ah and it I'm looking out at the beach by the way that's saying there powder incredibly soft powder. Sure, I'm saying, you don't even need to take along, like when you're washing off your feet when you come on like the boat walk of the concrete and got the little shower, it trickles off. Bro it's powder bong, dc mo. It was phenomenal. I thought it was a thirty eight Papa Team six. Welcome to another episode of four the Dads. I hope the coffees. I do hope the vibes are hotter. We have a lot to talk about on today's episode again vacation Breakdown. We got a ton a ton of comments that flooded in on our social media's at for the Dad's Pot and our YouTube comments and our Spotify comments.
Speaker 1: And since your.
Speaker 3: Boy was international, I am curious because a few fellow mates on the travel patim on the back say, hey, I love the for the Dad show. So if you just could in Europe, in Europe, oh yo, if you just could for me PT six audience, Mama Team six, Mal Team six whatever, all of the team sixes. If you can just comment where you're commenting from. I would personally enjoy scrolling the feed and seeing how far we have reached. I would like that checking in from blank Yes, yes, but again, people's been hitting us up on socials, YouTube, Spotify, We're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're subscribed.
Speaker 3: That is the best thing you can do for the show is making sure you are following and subscribed and commenting on all of our channels. We love our community. It is a strong community. We have a lot of stuff to read throughout the show. If you want to be featured on the show, again, all you have to do is comment on YouTube, comment on Spotify, on our socials.
Speaker 1: Our boy Deep he.
Speaker 3: Grabs them, gives us a bunch of massive rollodecks to speak to when we are on the show. That's how you get featured. We also have a hotline six on the Dads. You call and leave a voicemail win loss event to the boys. Whatever you want to do. Let's dive in. Where do we want to even start?
Speaker 2: Man Well, I sent you a tweet that I thought was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh the freezing.
Speaker 3: We do have a you know this isn't part of the the new dad shout outs that we have coming up on the show.
Speaker 1: But Saram did send me on the ft D.
Speaker 3: Here we go. We have a new dad alert. This one is from our boy, Adam Singer. Congratulations, congratulations Adam. He says, it's Friday. This is on X my man. Adam Singer says, it's Friday. We should post some good news to the timeline God willing. I'm gonna be a father in November. Get over your oh shit, not nihilism. Nihilism, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: An nihilist is I've seen this, yeah, but you know the memory. I'm not that. I'm not sure. I don't have a Sean McVay brain.
Speaker 2: An nihilist is almost in the belief of nothing like you're you're, You.
Speaker 1: Don't want any of the isms at all.
Speaker 3: You just strip yourself away, get over yourself, get over your nihilism and have a kid. It's why we're here after all. Come on, shout out, Adam Singer. This isn't written in Before the Dads, This isn't tagged by the old Papa Team six community. This is something we just came across on the internet and just a phenomenal reply by Freezing Cold Takes. Freezing Cold Takes on Twitter says congrats, and then drops a couple screenshots of Adam Singer in the past. This is Adam Singer responding to people in twenty twenty twenty twenty one and their comments of Adam Singer responding to people about having kids, saying things like I already don't want kids. This is why we don't have kids and don't want any or or don't have kids. Don't buy any physical things ever for any reason. Do whatever you want in markets, or have no kids and do whatever the hell you want. Just know that every time I pause, that means he's doing another comment. This I'm reading this is six total comments, and I'm sure, yeah, yeah, there you go, production, production, production. This is why I have dogs and no kids. This is why we don't have kids. Problem solved. But now years later, five six years later, Adam Singer is now having a child. He came back around God willing get over your nihilism, then have kids, He replied to Freezing Cold Takes underneath Oh did he I have changed my mind on this important topic. That's like last week with Greg what is something that you feel like you had an opinion? That you had an opinion on a long time ago and have now changed your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Adam Singer. Now he's changed his mind. That's gotta be I mean, that has to be.
Speaker 2: Parenthood kind of summed up as far as I haven't experienced it too much, but there are so many things that I held as truth when I was late teens, same, early twenties, and now I'm just like, oh my gosh, my whole world has been blown up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, being a young lad back in the day, it's when you were gonna have kids. You're gonna have a boy. He's gonna play every sport. He's gonna be the best, he's gonna be in the he's gonna be playing in the big leagues. When people cancel plans, what's so hard about canceling plans?
Speaker 1: Like, you got a.
Speaker 3: Kid who cares, figure out a way to get a babysitter. You know, you kind of judge your you judge your mates. Yeah, you judge your boys when they have to cancel on the bus.
Speaker 1: Everybody mowned and growned.
Speaker 2: When Taylor was like, yeah, hosting a family dinner like weekly is pretty difficult. Everybody's like, oh, oh yeah, no, Taylor's like, what you got ring Wall your kids got there is hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you don't get it.
Speaker 3: It is you see a true progression of how it is your preconceived notions as you get older, when you get close to having kids are getting married. Then when you do get married, you complete buds training and you become a true Pop Team sixer. Your mind changes all the time, so you can't hold it against.
Speaker 1: Him, dude.
Speaker 2: Special shout out to Kevin who we met at eighth and Roast. They were getting their anatomy scan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was crazy. Sherman and I were getting a coffee yesterday.
Speaker 3: This was crazy dude at the favorite watering hole, coffee hole eighth and Roast over off of Charlotte.
Speaker 1: No free shoutouts, all the free shodows, no free shoutout because I did take an l while I was there, just oh mass well. The worker was like, oh what are you got going on the just working a little bit? Oh what do you do? I was like, oh, we have a podcast, and like oh, so you don't really work. I laughed it off, just kept walking.
Speaker 2: Right before that, he goes and what's the day on it? He's like, well, and so he like, you know, it takes a sharpy. What do y'all got going on? And as he like literally says, oh so no work, puts a period behind will and puts see you work.
Speaker 1: I sat down next to Sherman, I have my coffee. I was like, I'm so fucking pissed off.
Speaker 2: It's like that that truly fucking fired me up. That got me mad.
Speaker 1: But when we were there, what was his wife's name is? Kevin? Oh No? Did start with the A. I thought I started with a K, like Kelsey starts with k no.
Speaker 2: But it was like it was like Kaylee or Kayla, like I had an a sound to it.
Speaker 3: Either way, Hey Kayla Yahyayla and Kelsey God, I hate it Kylie. She was so fired up. Kevin was in the bathroom. Sherman I sit down, and it's you have the entire coffee shop to pick a spot to see, to pick a spot to sit on. Sherman, I just choose to sit on like the love seat where we're just directly next to each other, arms touching, and we just sit on the little love seat next to the j O. She pops up over our shoulder and she's like, hey, my husband he's in the he's in the bathroom right now. We actually just got done with our visit on like having a baby. We're going in for another appointment here soon. And he loves your guys' show. He's gonna hate me for this. He's gonna hate me for this. And we just talked shop. Kevin came out. We congratulated him on completing Buds training and now becoming a future member of Papa Team six.
Speaker 2: He was stoked, and then we we literally just talked about their anatomy scan. It was so funny how weird the timing was of them leaving the anatomy scan seeing their baby for the first time. This guy listens to a dad podcast because he's having said baby and is excited about it. Sees the two hosts of the dad podcast and it is like, yeah, I just saw you know. You saw my daughter rog him over to the barista and be like, this is work, buddy, this is work.
Speaker 1: This is what I do.
Speaker 3: You see the impression we're making all about the show.
Speaker 1: Kevin, you shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: That would have been brilliant, But that was That was a cool moment too, because Kevin's by like both the guys are right here. There's they're literally with nobody else and they're sitting arm in arm next to each other a.
Speaker 2: Park bench sized love seat, like we're talking the tiniest love seat. Will and I went there to like talk turkey, and obviously we're gonna sit across from each other, and Will just parks it on that bench and the other bench was comically far away if we were to talk, so I had to Papa Squad next.
Speaker 1: I had to Papa Squad. Now it does you know?
Speaker 3: I wonder if Kevin feels the same way because we have a follow up here from last week. We had somebody on Instagram make a comment four days ago.
Speaker 1: It's now edited, but it's it says Will and Sureham.
Speaker 3: This is from d lazy Will and sure Him act like raising kids as rocket science and they're in they're try to uncrack the code. He even edited it and still couldn't spell it right. And they're trying to crack the code.
Speaker 1: Wait, he's saying it's easy, and I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a negative vibe in the comment section.
Speaker 2: He definitely feels like that. He's just like they're sitting there. They're trying to figure out how to do it. You fucking do it, dude. Oh, it's a show all about how to do something that's super fucking eas It's.
Speaker 3: Comments like those that just like internally make you boil for a moment because I just Barista. Yeah, it's probably the Barisa on a burner account that make you boil because it's like you just know, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, that's not what we do. We're not doing that. We're not doing that. We're enjoying the moment.
Speaker 2: We're in the moment right now, and we're just talking about it.
Speaker 1: That's all we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yere like, oh so good, you guys talk about fatherhood. Try making a moocha? Yeah, have you listened to the show? And if they say, no, hey, how about how about go and just check out the show? You would know that you wouldn't say a comment like that if you just checked out the show. No, I'm good on that. Okay, you're just projecting your own bullshit. You just want to be a hater for no goddamn Reese, will sure try making a frappuccino.
Speaker 2: Tell me how easy that is? We have another flashback? Or what do we call it greg Or.
Speaker 3: Greg's Got a Lot of Love Love Greg episode.
Speaker 2: Uh Mike Beviquah eighty four on YouTube. I think Greg and I read the same parenting book. I have a fifteen year old daughter, and I found myself agreeing with Damn near every bit of advice, question, success, failure, situation that he brought up. She's my stepdaughter, and my wife tells me that she and I have a weird relationship. But it's good to note that it's actually pretty normal since it looks exactly like Greg and his daughters minus the front row at the Taylor Swift God stirt, I haven't done that yet. Great, so don't forget to take out the trash. They never forgot to take out the Thank you, Mike. This was from Maggie Moo on YouTube, Top three sold. Nothing beats Grandma Maxine playing checkers. Greg is the best.
Speaker 1: Oh let's go, Maggie Moo, Meggy Moo. I take that, Grandma Maxine. That's that is a story. That's a story, dude.
Speaker 3: The teeth falling out in the middle of checkers, going into a stroke.
Speaker 1: What would your grandfather?
Speaker 4: Saying?
Speaker 1: It good?
Speaker 3: He's like, uh, Mac, you gotta move and I'm there, Mac, move.
Speaker 1: And she's just kind of.
Speaker 3: Sitting there quietly and I'm just sitting there. You know, I forget how old I said. I was like seven eight ors something like that.
Speaker 1: Damn it, Mac, scene you gotta move. Then her teachers fall up. I was like spread into the living room crying. Bro Mac and my grandpa.
Speaker 3: And again for people that are newly tuned in, my grandpa at this time was legally and I can laugh like these are my grandpa. Yeah, yeah, my grandpa was legally blind and my grandma was legally deaf, like she had insane antennis for like hearing aids.
Speaker 1: My grandpa had these specs.
Speaker 3: On that he just could Yeah, he can only see like silhouettes.
Speaker 1: So they complimented each other. Well, he just say he just saw that the silhouette wasn't moving.
Speaker 3: He just saw the silhouel as a movie. And I was like, Grandma, it's your turn. He's like, Mack, you gotta move, damn Max, you got And then I run screaming. Obviously I'm telling the story over again. I run screaming into the living room. My grandpa again, since he's legally blind, he still doesn't nessarly know what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Grandma just rocked back. Grandma back, seen rock back and her teeth falling out, and he's like, I haven't her teeth fellow, her teeth fellow. We gotta call it's just us three in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to help get her in the car and stuff. Right, Where did your dad come over?
Speaker 3: No? No, this was like they had to get they had to roll in the bed, the stretcher and everything into the house.
Speaker 1: Which was the story where you were actually.
Speaker 3: The skinny one to like get it through the door on the way out. But they had to get her on the stretcher. Oh my gosh. And she was good from it, she was, Yeah, she survived.
Speaker 1: What was the story?
Speaker 2: Where was it mac that fell out to pick up when your dad was backing up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now this this is from my dad. Like I wasn't there, but my dad said he was taking her to a hair appointment. My grandma she would always get a perm. She always have all the old women they love to get the popes. She'd be wearing it was a gown every day, some floral gown and then she'd rip a perm.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: But my dad was taking her to the beauty salon one day. Yeah, it was I never knew of my dad taking her to her hair point. It was always my mom. It really was just always my mom. So this is like one of the very rare times my dad had to take her to her appointment.
Speaker 1: But it's his mother, his mother, it's my dad's mom.
Speaker 3: And he gets her up into the gets her up into the truck, helps her start to get in, and then as he kind of seventy five percent fully gets her in, he thinks she's going to finish getting fully in the truck.
Speaker 1: He starts walking around to the other.
Speaker 3: Side, and as he gets into the car and slams and slams in side of the door, she tips out.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 1: That had to be the driest thud of all times. Like a very subtle, very small little hill in the front yard. So she landed in grass. Oh no, she landed on the sidewalk and then rolls in the grass. Yeah, yeah, damn it.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one might have got her. That one might have got her.
Speaker 6: Hip.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of times she cracked it. She cracked she corracked her. Oh no, back this one, yes, Greg goes in top three, So top three.
Speaker 2: So this one comes from stupendus.
Speaker 1: STUPIDU says six.
Speaker 2: Soed boys get out there and wash that truck at night when the daughter is coming home from the date. Excuse is that it was too hot during the day and I didn't want any water spots. Don't forget to ride that chalkway, boys, don't forget it.
Speaker 1: That's some game from stew That's some game. That's some game.
Speaker 2: Fifteen minutes in, I already told my husband he needs to watch love Greg's outlook, especially a look ahead, since he has older kids.
Speaker 1: BS.
Speaker 2: He isn't too bad to look at either. That one comes from E. M. K. Burd O. She is defender, not too bad to look at.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't subscribe to Youth Youth Sports Inc. Let me go get a look at old Greg. Oh, he calls the games all on Sundays Fox. Okay, Greggy boys football thing ain't too bad, ain't too shabby.
Speaker 1: Kind of like this stuff.
Speaker 3: The biggest take because I even went home after we recorded that episode. It was telling my wife because we we we don't talk about it like often because we know we're kind of far off from it, But every now and then we bring up the idea of like technology and phones and iPad, like just yes.
Speaker 1: When is gonna be the age? And you kind of like we're years out.
Speaker 3: We're doing the thing where we're gonna where we think in our heads we're committing to something early. Now we're obviously not obviously, but chances are we're going to change her.
Speaker 1: Mind by the time we get to whatever that point is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But something.
Speaker 3: I took away from Greg's episode was when he talked about failing inside the house that really like resonated with me, is like, you know, they're going to get exposed to a lot of things, and when we were on the topic of like tech and phones and everything else, he's like wanting them to fail inside the house so that way they're at least around you to talk through whatever the issues that might arise from those things that they're getting exposed to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was that was a good one.
Speaker 3: That was one where I was like, uh, oh, I can get on board. I could be talked into something there with the idea and the philosophy of they're failing around us, so we get to help be the teacher in those moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like one of those very first it was like one of your first three lessons of the week. Was that horse trainer talking about like the your grip on the reins of a horse is like your grip on the reins of your child, of like allow them to fail to be there when they fail to help them learn from failure.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, it all kind of coincides with that.
Speaker 3: This is the rocket science. That's the rode we're trying to crack from my man.
Speaker 1: D L A Z.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got to figure it out, though he does.
Speaker 3: He figured he gotta you give him a phone. Yeah, rocket science. Father they take the crack and the cold. These two guys discovered fatherhood.
Speaker 6: Oh by the shirt lead the comment what a phony dude, what a bus a cash grab dude, I can what.
Speaker 2: I would love to meet people like that though, because you know he's it's those people that would be like, oh, well, what's all.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, You're never going to meet them. Ever, the negativity that I've experienced online throughout the years, I've never never met any of these people or have been told things like that in person, ever, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because it would be crazy, like if somebody like truly came up to me in the grocery store and was like Dad podcasts be like, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You a scientist, had another poopy diaper again a great show kid, and just walked off.
Speaker 1: I would belly laugh.
Speaker 2: I would belly laugh in that moment because I would so like that was incredible.
Speaker 1: You gotta say, oh, somebody needs a nap.
Speaker 3: Somebody didn't get there, ba ba, I got an extra binky in the pocket.
Speaker 1: You need a binky.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's my dad, by the way, that's one of my dad acts, binking in the pocket.
Speaker 2: I put a bankie in the pocket when we were going out onto the beach because I was like, I bet, I just bet that that binkie's gonna hit the sand. Jill already has six extras in the bag, very packed, but she doesn't have a quick draw mcgral binkie right there, dude, that feeling, there was no better feeling. And you can't tell tell anybody about the sneaky beankie. It just sits in your pocket. You don't let anybody know about it. And then when that one beankie gets dirty, Oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, sweetheart, I got when I put one in my pocket when we were at the You don't have one you didn't prepare.
Speaker 1: We did you get that one? We'd you find that one? Is it even clean? You know if dad stays on his toes, hey, you know, I stay ready.
Speaker 2: But that was why my dad hacks. It's a good dad hack. Extra banky dude. How was vacation? Let's not have into vacation, dude. Vacation was so good. It was crazy fun. It was very resting and relaxing, like we did a time. Jill is a mover and a shaker and a doer, wants to go on it adventures, very much like Charles.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I feel like you're just breaking down my wife right now.
Speaker 2: There was a lot every single day we're doing stuff, but there was a lot of relaxing stuff that we also did of just like hanging out pool side for you know, two to three hours. We were letting Scarlet take naps as long as she wanted because Jill was under the assumption of and people can take this as a dad hack or a mom hack or like whatever, but she was like, Scarlet's not going to sleep that well anyways because she's in a new spot. Yeah, let her just take some long naps in her new little pack and play bed that we got for her little crib, And so Scarlett was taking like these two and a half hour naps, three hour naps, and we just let her nap once instead of two in a day, so Jill and I would get to have like three hours to ourselves of just like hanging out by the pool, getting to be a couple.
Speaker 1: Dude. It was unreal.
Speaker 2: Got to go probably my favorite moment of the trip. I had this like awesome moment, dude, where we got to go to this part of Greaton Beach where like the true National Park is or the state park, sorry of it's like a hected beach. So the beach quite literally, I've been going to this beach since nineteen ninety three when my grandmother was living down the road. That beach in its dooms looked the exact same as if you took a picture from nineteen ninety three, it's exactly the same. Got to go there with my aunt on my mom's side, her sister and take Scarlet there for her to like see the ocean for the first time and experience that with like a sunset come in, dude, and I had like a crazy moment out there I was balling crying, and not like audibly crying, like it was just coming down quietly, and I was keeping it to myself.
Speaker 3: When you say balling crying, Like the the viewer and the listener they're thinking they're shaking. They're thinking you're shaking. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, they've seen me where I on here.
Speaker 2: It was a very it was a very controlled you know, tears just kind of streaming down my cheeks. But I had sunglasses on, so nobody was really like a strong stone crust, oh dude, And it was like it was like healing almost. I can't describe that feeling of like getting to show my daughter a place that formed me as a young individual, of like showed me what love was from a family members showed me what adventure was. And being brave enough to go deep in the ocean, and learning how to do cartwheels on the beach and playing with my grandma, and like all these little moments are all tied to like this little stretch of beach and I like got to take my daughter out there, and then I got to we set her down the sand and she literally screamed at the ocean and started crawling towards it like a baby sea turtle. She was obsessed with the water. I'm sitting there just you know, the silent tears coming out. I'm biting my lip. I'm so proud of her, and I'm so stoked in the moment of like, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, she loves this place. I picked her up.
Speaker 2: I found a little sandbar probably like forty or fifty feet out into the water, and just held her on the sandbar and I was just talking to her. I was like, your dad loves this place more than anything in the world. This is my favorite place. Like everything around here, this is like what I love to look at. And when I think of my happy place, I like think of here. And I love you more than that, Like, I love this place even more because I've gotten to take you here now, and I hope you love it. I hope you enjoy it, and we're gonna have like a ton of fun in the years ahead, hopefully of continuing to like come to this spot and make memories. If you love this place as much as I do, you might be a camp in girl. Yeah, you might be a sports camp girl, which is fine, But if you love the beach, we can come here whenever you want.
Speaker 1: When you laid that on her? What she say?
Speaker 2: She went, So she was on this shoulder right here, and she was sitting there and she was looking out into the ocean and she put her finger out and she pointed and she went.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, down. I said, that's right, honey, that's right. And I kissed her on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Dude, I give her a little kiss my phone because I took this note.
Speaker 1: I can't wait too. That mean England's over there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, and we beat their ass. Dad she did, Honey, we were bikes.
Speaker 1: I had, uh.
Speaker 3: Like a similar moment where we're sitting there and we're laying on the bed, mama shower, and I want to say. Scotty was already down to sleep and Rue was going to do a sleepover with us, like sleep in our bed. And Rue and I had gotten back from one of the little shows that they do down the down in the kids club are the hotel area where they're.
Speaker 1: Doing like a metal razy dude. It was nuts, it was nuts. Those look so set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were epic. Rue was enthralled looking at all these things going on. She's engaging. Anyway, we're on the back end the tail end of the trip and I'm laying with her in bed. She's got her pjs on, she's got this she wanted to wear like a two two over top. This's like rough two two and I'm a sweetheart, we can't. We don't see if you're going to sleep in our bed, you're not rocking it to to to bed.
Speaker 1: Oh damn. She took it off, but she's.
Speaker 3: Like holding in bed and I'm laying and I was like, and I'm trying to like set the tone because Rue's four, Like we're having some conversations at this age. It was like, hey, sweetheart, Candet, I tell you something, and she was like what. I was like, come closer, and she like nestles up to me. I was like, I love doing vacation with you so much. I've had so much fun this week and I just want you to know I love you so much and I can't wait to keep doing stuff like this with you. And I'm just trying to have a moment with her, and she just looks at me and she goes hey dead. Then I go yees, sweetheart, thinking we're in the moment, and she goes, can I snug on my two tuo?
Speaker 1: Like it's a stuffy tonight.
Speaker 2: I was like, you get off me, dude, Get off the bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get off the bed. After the magic show. This was either the night before or two nights before. I was like, dude, Rue, I like grab her hands and I'm looking at her and I go, dude, how much fun did you have today? Because we were on the beach, we had the water sides and stuff like that. How much fun did you have today? And she just looks at me because she goes, look at your nose when I do this, and she just like grasp my nose.
Speaker 1: Get off, I.
Speaker 2: Said, Scarlett, you see that sand dune over there. You're uncle Jordan and I. When we're little kids, we would go play armymen on that sand dune with these little green army men. We play there for hours and we played. There's so much that if you go and dig in that sand dune because it's protected and they don't get touched, you could probably find some of the army men that we played with. I've been able to find some throughout the years. And she looked at me and she went and I just fell the nice the hell you, Hanna, What the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: Dude? That's her cracking a coal one of that man, that was her cracking a cold.
Speaker 3: One moment, I look at my wife, so why are we doing all this vacation? She she ain't gonna remember any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Why are we doing this? It just needs to be you and me. Let's get a sitter. What do we do leave the kids for two weeks?
Speaker 1: She doesn't get it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Scarlet, by the way, has been doing dramatic squeezes and I was like, I literally wanted to bring this to the podcast because I was.
Speaker 1: Like, do babies do this?
Speaker 2: Where she'll just grab food when we eat with her at dinner, and she'll squeeze it in her hand like super hard, and she'll look at me. She'll just lock eyes with me and start going and then all of a sudden she'll go and like sit up and have like the nicest smile.
Speaker 1: I'm like, is she constipated? Like why is she doing that? Do your kids do that at all?
Speaker 3: They would go through like Scotty both through like when they're around that age, Like I feel like they're just getting used to being able to like figure out something else that's new, like being able to squeeze, because they would do that or like smush food or like just be violent with food, yes, or like when they can finally learn to drink and they're just like downing it over and over, or they're just learning to tip it back and they just keep tipping it back over and over just because, Yeah, they're Like Scotty, now she can learn that the milk can drip out of her bottle, so she'll just sit there and like shake the bottle and have fucking create a mess.
Speaker 1: Scotty's a wolverine. Scotty.
Speaker 3: The whole reason we called this episode or I called this episode Operation shot Collar, is because that is what needs to be on Scotty's neck. Scotty, she is an animal. She's an Australian cattle dog. She needs to run. She needs to move, yeah, at all times.
Speaker 2: And heard the people into an area where she can interact with them.
Speaker 3: Climbing everything. She's just a busy body. Scotty's hard. Even before we went on this two week vacation, my wife brought it up to me and she wanted to do big vacation. I'm like, sweetheart, it's going to be so tough with Scottie, like she has shown us time and time again, whether it's a thirty minute car ride, an hour, four hours driving to thirty eight. She's shown us time and time again.
Speaker 2: She don't give a fuck man because Scotty, don't give a fuck because Scott and Zilla.
Speaker 3: She don't operate like that. No, she's very different than Rue. Ru wasn't like a perfect sweetheart child. But Rue is much calmer. Yes, she had a much calmer personality than Scotty did. Yes, she could sit and relax. She's got more patience to her. Scotty, doesn't we go on this adventure the flights. I'm just telling you it's ain't going to be a walk in the park. Yeah, and boil was not.
Speaker 2: Hey, there's a tweet because you're about to get into a story and it's gonna answer this guy's question.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This came from Connor Sears.
Speaker 2: Connor said, Hey, I need some dad hacks from the Sikas out there. About to go on my first flight on Thursday with my two month old. Any tips or hacks that you would have for your boy. Much appreciated. That's a good one, good writing. Who's that from Connor Sears x dot com formerly Twitter.
Speaker 3: I would say the number one because it's a two month old, so you're very much in the newborn you're in the newborn phase. I would say, I don't know when his flight is, but if you can time it to where whether you delay the bottle or if you're going and the it would be an early bottle. Whenever you take off, whatever you're gonna do, time the bottle as you're ascending out of the air, because it helps. It helps keep their ears what from pop? It helps keep their ears from popping.
Speaker 1: Or their ears to pop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because at that age too, it's like after they get the bottle, it's usually you bottle, they fall asleep or take a nap, but hitting the bottle as you're taking off to minimize as much danger as possible. Two month old, I don't feel like is as bad now again, two month old might even be easier.
Speaker 1: Might but we don't want to put that on travel. We don't want to put that on we know, we don't. We don't family shod we don't parent shame, We don't parents shame.
Speaker 2: When we traveled with Scarlett, uh, right around that two month, Yeah, we sleep deprived her right before the flight. So whatever that little stretch of two hours was that she would have napped.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Play play play play play play play play and you are staying up. And as soon as you get on the plane, and that plane gets on the tarmac, baba baba.
Speaker 1: That's you cooking. You're cooking right there.
Speaker 2: Because they're gonna ears, are gonna pop, they're gonna eat.
Speaker 3: And then they Yeah, and if it's if it's an early flight, that's all good. Like we would still you know, we wake Scotti orrew up even earlier, early, because they're still gonna be tired. But to your point, you play with them, You keep them up because you know they're gonna fall asleep again. Yes, Jack, keep them awake. I know you want the bottle. You might give them, uh and I'm guesstimating. Obviously it's been a minute. It's been over a year since Scotty's been in that range. But let's just say, you know, they have a five ounce bottle. I'm making this up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You might give them an ounce before you make the trip to the airport, if they're fussy, if they're pissed off, if their rattle just enough, just enough, like hey, you can have a little snack. But the main event. The main course is gonna happen when you take off? Oh yeah, on the plane.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and we're gonna get that tummy full. Yeah, you're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Hungry and you're gonna be sleepy. Yeah. Yeah, that's the meve Connor.
Speaker 2: What's the myth with Scott Zilla that when there's gonna move.
Speaker 1: It's hang on and prey.
Speaker 3: Hey you're laughing, dude, I I have, I have. It never felt like the right time of telling Charro because we were even over. The travel back was a full twenty four hours because a flight got delayed. We were in the airport, the first airport for a few hours. We landed in Newark. We were delayed so much we had to rebook the second flight all the way back. We had to rebook the Newark flight. No, we're supposed to be in Nashville by six pm on Saturday. Yeah, we didn't take off from Newark until nine thirty at night. We landed in Nashville at eleven pm. Italy time is seven hours ahead, so we essentially operated a full twenty four hours. Because our first flight in Italy was supposed to take off from Venice at eleven am. That didn't happen until one thirty, so we were delayed quite a bit. We spent probably a total of eight hours in airports. Yeah, and then obviously the long flight from Venice to Newark it was a grind.
Speaker 1: That's not even delayed, that's just derailed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you were asking, how do you there's no stopping Scottie the whole saying you can never stop him. You can only hope to contain him. That is scott Zilla. Fortunately there was a sickoh a tier one. Johnny shout out Johnny from Buffalow, who was sitting next to us, that I'm just having a rapport with him before we get on the plane. I see that he's sitting next to us, so I'm just saying, hey, Johnny, this one right here. She's gonna be hard. You're gonna hear. I just want to apologize that. He's like, oh, buddy, he had his girlfriend with them, maybe fiance, maybe wife, I don't know. And we were doing the old joke he needs some birth control. This will be the birth control.
Speaker 1: It's a ping punk ball in the tornado.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Unfortunately, the family behind us, they had a young maybe eight nine months old, so we were kind of we were in a good we weren't alone, but we were just letting people know this one right here.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you hear crying when we're over the Atlantic, that's me.
Speaker 1: And my wife who's listening right now.
Speaker 3: The respect that I have for her, yeah, the guilt that I hold because she had to be the one that dealt with Scotty.
Speaker 1: The majority of the time.
Speaker 3: I did my best, and I could even tell when she's at her breaking point. She's like, you take her, you gotta take her, and I'm taking I know I got to take her, and in just in the back of my mind, I also know she's gonna be screaming for you again when this happens.
Speaker 1: And it's not minutes and minutes.
Speaker 3: This isn't the Rolodex where we travel and Charlie does everything with the kids. Like again, RU operated a little bit differently. This parental preforation that Scotti has for mom right now is obsessive. And I felt so bad for my wife because I snuck a thirty minute nap in.
Speaker 1: She stuck no napping during.
Speaker 3: The duration of that I thought four hours an eight hour flight, Yeah, Charlie didn't really Charlie didn't really sleep on that tomorrow because Scotti just wants Charle. But then she wants Charles and she's on Charroo. But again she's a busy body. She wants down. Charlie just wrestles with her the whole time because Scotty wants to stand, she wants to do stuff. And even when you're wrestling with her, Scotty's got that grin, that little shit grin and laugh that you're playing with her. And then she gets to a point to where she's mad and you just put her on the ground to wur She's walking up and down the aisle. We're letting her run around. But Scotty's not scared to make friends. So Scotti will the couple in the back that like the eight nine month old, she's like baby baby. I'm like, yeah, baby. She just wanted to play with that baby the whole time. And then she, the sweet mother of the child, starts doing high fives with Scotti.
Speaker 1: Thank you mother of that child, Thank.
Speaker 3: You mother of that child. And she did phenomenal. But in our head, it's like, you don't want this baby just sitting here. You don't want Scotty just in there. You're doing high fives for hours hours, but Scotty will do that. Grab Scotty and Scotty's just again you're fighting with her.
Speaker 1: The whole time until you can get her down.
Speaker 3: For some that Scotty maybe on the duration of that twenty four hour travel probably slept a total of three hours four hours.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect, good, yeah good, But it was.
Speaker 3: The flight home was extremely, extremely, extremely difficult. It almost there were moments to where we made comments to each other this might have ruined our entire vacation because we're gonna need another. We're gonna need another, We're gonna need soft tissue, deep tissue massages. We almost need another vacation from this hell that we've put ourselves in traveling back from Italy because of Scotty.
Speaker 1: Scotty.
Speaker 2: I love you, We love you, Scotty love Scotty's dad loves you.
Speaker 3: Scotty is a shitload of fun. Her personality is incredible. She has a blast. But she just does not sit still. Breakfast, doesn't sit still, has to get down dinner, sees a slide, side slide, doesn't eat.
Speaker 1: She's got it.
Speaker 3: She's again when I say Australian cattle dog, Yeah, she's like an animal where you have to let her down and just feed her on the side of the table. Yeah, you just have to let her take bites. Yeah, so she can run around, climb stairs. And again she's only twenty months old, so you're still having a monitor at all times because she could easily slip.
Speaker 1: She slept and felled plenty of times.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, and it is right back to it, if not faster and more after it.
Speaker 1: After she falls, that's not gonna slow her down.
Speaker 3: And some she takes a thump and she just gets right back up and tying, and I like, well, we stop breathing because right or just like watching her and observer he she gets up and keeps it moving, Like is she gonna cry?
Speaker 1: She's not gonna cry. She's tough as shit, she is.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anything encapsulate a child's personality like that video of the bounce House where you were poolside, and Will has this video where he's filming Scottie from super far away and Scotti is purposefully jumping into this ballpit.
Speaker 1: That is like she that toy was like a big girl toy.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the bounce house. Yes, there is no ballpit. Oh there, she's jumpings even more sense. She's jumping off the bouncy house onto the ground perfect like there's no.
Speaker 1: Ballpit at the bottom, good two feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she just continually climbs and is jumping and is basically just putting her legs out completely straight, hitting her butt on the ground. On one of them, she hits and you kind of see her head go and you behind.
Speaker 1: The phone, oh, you kind of just watch her.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, her head pokes out from uh, underneath the bounce house and she looks at you.
Speaker 1: And just hit my smiling.
Speaker 3: She's a psycho, she's a wolverine man because she's trying to jump off the bounce house and hit the bouncy part with her butt and kind of propel herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah for her.
Speaker 3: One time she hits the bounce house and just poured face chest on the ground. She pops back up, gets back on it. Yeah, she's uh, she's tough. With the vacation a plus. Good vacation was a plus. So we hit three different spots. We were gone for two weeks. Yeah, so we did like three or four nights in Austria.
Speaker 1: And while we were in Austria, we're like in the Alps, the whole time.
Speaker 3: So we hit On one of the days we go out hit the gondola, We climbed some mountains. Another day we go out to Hallstat Holstat Halstat, which is essentially where Frozen got inspiration for. So we wanted to take Ru to go see you know where Frozen was. This, This is where aarondel is. This is where Hanan and Elsa are. She sees the castle or not the castle, but the church with the big clock ship. Where's the castle?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We gotta find them.
Speaker 3: But we went there for a day, took a trip that was amazing. Then we go over to the the.
Speaker 1: Dolomites, Dolomites, Dola meat, the Dolomites, the Dolomites, the.
Speaker 3: Sunweese hotel resort, phenomenal, phenomenal spot.
Speaker 1: Everything's like farm, the.
Speaker 3: Table they have like lama walk, so Scotty, she loves her stuffy the lama. That's her safe space. So they have lamas there. Scotti is in all Islamas. We get to go on a lama walk. Rue gets to ride like a pony Trill rode a horse. They go on a horse walk.
Speaker 1: Oh damn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We go out to what is it loose loosen, loose on. We make a trip there for a day to where we go and have a picnic. We're out, you know, around just playgrounds, enjoying ourselves. But the Dolomites incredible. Yeah, and then we our third stop was Carol Carole Carole Carole, which is by like an hour outside of Venice. It's on a beach, so we got a beach vibe, we got the mountain vibe, we got the beach vibe, and there was a well, there's water slides at each hotel, which I didn't know about. Y'all were ripping those water slides, ripping, bro y'all were ripping those waters.
Speaker 1: Rue loves the water slides.
Speaker 3: There was one that you can't go on, like the first part we were at in Austria. They had it was like this water park, this indoor water park game five or six different slides. I'm talking simple ones, medium ones, ones that are two that are three stories up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of them you had to do on a raft because in the middle of the in the middle of the water slide, it's like this half pipe you get shot out into, you know, then you go back in the total then you come out the exit on like a little half pipe before you come up. And then the other one was just like a speed demon one all enclosed circular, going all around the little indoor water park area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the ones on the third.
Speaker 3: Floor you couldn't ride if you weren't at least nine years old.
Speaker 1: Oh damn hits them both?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, how'd you swing that?
Speaker 1: They don't have great security there. Come.
Speaker 3: It was more like asking Rue, hey, would you want to do this? I would hold her on the one with the raft I went down at first. You can kind of my own instinctual guest could do this one or not if she wants to. We could do this one where I hold her Yeah, yeah, but the other one no, or you can't go on that one.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to.
Speaker 3: On day one, Parks, we were with our former neighbors that were good friends with shut Out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shot at the Paler's. Paler made Travel. She's a travel agent who helped put this trip together.
Speaker 1: For that I forgot about it. She's as stud Megan.
Speaker 3: They have two kiddos around Roue's age, Parks who's five, Livy who's four, and Parks He's he's one that gets after it. He doesn't want to do the big dog slide. It's the red slide, big red slide. He doesn't want to do it. This is on day one, so I'm like, good, you wouldn't want to do this one anyway. It's dark the whole way down, it's fast, it fucking jerks you around a little bit, and again you've got to be at least nine to get on this one. Day two comes around, Rue gets an itch that she wants to do it, so we're going on to the top and I'm like, man, I really don't know. I'm saying, I really don't know. I'm I can kind of push the boundaries if I'm like, I think Ru could do it if she if she's confident and she wants to, then I would be more instinctual on like letting her do it. But I'm like, let dad do this one again because I've done it like several times, and I'm like, I don't think this is gonna work. So I'm sitting there, well, would I tell her to like cover her eyes the whole time down? YadA, YadA, YadA. So I go down first, speeding all the way down. They have this monitor that shows you your times on how fast you get down to the bottom. Me and my boy Brian, Brian Paler, we're trying to like break our records from the day before. We're trying to get sub seven sub seven seconds on getting all the way down that side on the big red slide.
Speaker 1: Sub seven.
Speaker 3: That's hard to do it, hard, hard, my boy rookie.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: So I go down the first time because I'm trying to test it out for Rue. I'm trying to go as kind of as slow as i can to see what I could tell Rue if she as go on this. I get to the bottom of my wife Charles. She's standing in the hold in Scottie. I get out of the water and I'm like, man, I'm gonna be honest, I don't think I don't think Ruth should do this. I think she could get hurt, even if she wants to. I don't think she should do it. Yeah, And she's like, well, she's up there right now. She's with Brian though. So I'm at the bottom and I look all the way up and I'm like, Brian, Brian, he like looks over the rail and I go, don't let her do it. He looks down at me and goes she's already went down. No panic and su me because I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh God, like this isn't gonna be good. Ruth's flying down this slide.
Speaker 3: I get in the water because there's about ten feet of like narrow water that you get int too, where it's like up to shin level that like you're like standing in there as you explode into the water. I'm like standing there, waiting on just looking at the dark abyss of this tunnel of this red slide for Rue to come out, just wondering, Oh my god, is she crying already? Like what's happening? I hope she's okay. She shoots out of this slide, standing there and she's underwater for a second. She comes up and I go, I go, how was it? And she's like she's like stands up and gets everything together.
Speaker 1: She goes good and she rips that thing for the rest of the day, Oh dude.
Speaker 3: And honestly a massive relief because I was, legitimately I was like, no, I ain't no way, Brian, no, no, no, shut it down.
Speaker 1: She's already on slide bro shout out Brian.
Speaker 2: Shot just real probably just following him up the stairs. He's like, hey, where's your dad at I told her, sorry, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna let daddad test this out for you. I'll say you can do this. But she didn't wait for my signal.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, Brian could tell me if it's good or not. Brian, go down it. Yeah, sure kid.
Speaker 3: These slides are long enough to where it's got stop lights up above at the entranced lifeguard.
Speaker 1: So once you yeah, there's no lifeguard.
Speaker 3: So once you go, it's sitting there on red light and it gets to the bottom, then a green light's like, hey, let's the next person know that they can go.
Speaker 1: Shout out Italy. I like that.
Speaker 2: Ye dude, that's so epic. What a coming of age moment because that's the type of stuff that you bring to the lunch room where you're like, oh, by the way, went down and slide that you have to be nine to go down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. She loved it, bro, And I'm talking every spot was. There's pros and cons to each spot, but we loved them all. Like the trip was incredible. We got hit. Oh my god, it's been so long. I forgot about that. When we left Austria. The driver that we had that was chauffeur in us to is a four hour drive. Again, all of the travel, so.
Speaker 1: Traveling there, four hour drive.
Speaker 3: From Austria where we were at to the Dolomites was four hours. And then from the Dolomites down to the beach, yeah that was an hour outside of Venice and Cairole, that.
Speaker 1: Was a four hour drive. Yeah, so all of the travel, that chaos, that stuff is exhausting and it's hard as fuck. Beauty full sights though, I'm sure beautiful sits.
Speaker 3: I got a little car sickness because again, you're just in this and you know your boy's gotta you're in the you got a little things are crazy at driving narrow roads. And we left the first stop Austria to go to the Dolomites. We weren't even outside of the street off of our street from the hotel. When we're about to embark on this four hour drive, our driver pulls out, he kind of got He slow rolls a stop sign and we get fucking smacked by a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got hit by You got in a car wreck, bro on your vacation. We got in a car wreck.
Speaker 3: And this dude, he was already talking a little too much, like being too super nice. I'm like, bro, just listen, it's gonna be a long drive. Like just we got four hours, man, yeah, rud. They're like they're already complaining a little bit, like we got a ride ahead of us.
Speaker 1: You got a ponytail, we get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that little fucking rat tails got that should have been the tail right there.
Speaker 4: May is not.
Speaker 1: He ain't got this bud. Yeah, we're not even now, we haven't even left the area.
Speaker 3: And we pull out and I feel him kind of slow roll this stops sign, but I'm not necessarily looking, and I see my wife because she's on the driver side of the van, and so is Rue in the back seat in her car seat. And I hear Charles start to say something. I look over and again it's he stops. It's a highway to where cars are flying probably going forty miles an hour, thirty forty miles an hour on the on this mountains. Yeah, kilometers they do the km's there. I canna meat there, And Charles says, I mean, I look over and I see this car coming to where it's inevitable. What's gonna happen unless they rip it to the left. But there's on coming traffic coming the other way, and just sure enough, everybody's able to stop, but this car smacks us on the front tire. We get show gage shot like, we don't know what the fuck happens. We're all paying it. I'll look over at char you all right, look over at Rue. We're checking on the kids, everybody.
Speaker 1: He was cool.
Speaker 3: He looks back to us as everybody, Okay, buddy, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: We get out of the car.
Speaker 3: The bumper and everything smashed in his car? You can he could barely back it up. He's like, car's broken. Car don't work. He can't drive us to the Dolomites. Now, he came from I forget where he came from, but it was a five hour drive for him to come.
Speaker 1: Whatever company he's with.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how far were you to get to us because we're kind of out there in the Alps, and he's like, it took me about five hours. I'm like, oh my god, look at chart. I'm like, I don't know if we're fucking getting to the Dolomites today because I don't how the company works.
Speaker 1: I have no clue.
Speaker 3: This is like a smaller town that we're in when we were in Austria and.
Speaker 1: It was bad.
Speaker 3: The other car that hit us, their cars, their front of the cars like smashed in. Fortunately she lived like right around the corner. Her mom bikes down. No, yeah, cops come everything, and We're just kind of standing on the side of the road. They're talking Italian and shit, and I'm just thinking, how are we going to get out of here? And we megan or traveledger who they were still there. They were about to go to Germany for a couple of days when we when we were going off to the Doomites. And fortunately we just found this big this taxi service that had a vehicle that was big enough that we just paid euros to like we got to get there, Like, we can't stay back, we can't just hang back. We had no clue how we're going to get to the Dolomites. Cause he's fucked, he's scared for his life. He's like, I'm gonna get fired him. Oh yeah, you probably should. Yeah, like you got a family in the vehicle. Yeah, And buddy, I saw it. I don't know what you said in Italian to everybody else and what the lady was saying that was I don't know what went down, but you slow rolled that stop sign. Yeah, And he was scared for his life, and he's like, let me try in. He's trying to call his company and my boss blah blah blah and say, hey, we're gonna get a taxi.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be all good.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, please don't do that, like, please let me get I was like, buddy, how long is this driver gonna take to get here? You took you five hours? Like where's this other guy gonna come from? He didn't know, And I'm like, we're just gonna get this taxi. He's like, I don't have the money to pay for your taxi, and like you don't have to pay for the taxi. We're just gonna get the taxi. He's like, you might tell my boss that. I'll tell your boss whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Or like, are we gonna ask for a refund? Like yeah, you're goddamn right, we're gonna ask for a refund. We didn't get out of the parking lot. We just got in a car wreck, buddy. Yeah, and uh, anyway, we take the taxi, we get to the Dolomites.
Speaker 3: And god, yeah, I don't know where that or that guy. He seemed like scared enough. I don't know, like what the company is he worked for, But dude, we got smacked by a car.
Speaker 2: Shout out to y'all staying in it and hope for the best for that guy.
Speaker 1: But I hope he's not professionally driving for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he started. I could tell he felt bad. Clearly he's yea, he felt bad. I'm with you. I'm just trying to figure out. We get to the Dolomites, bro, We're all good. Everybody's safe. Nobody's dinged up. Could have been bad bad if you a couple more feet for him, that's his door. Yeah, any farther, that's my wife. Any farther, that's Rue in the back. Yeah, we were We were lucky.
Speaker 1: He was lucky. He was lucky. He was lucky. Yes, we were lucky. He was lucky.
Speaker 3: Like it very unfortunate situation. But at all the spots we're at due incredible time. Well honestly so, it was just so nice to be kind of gone. It takes a few days to get fully checked out because we're seven hours ahead, get fully checked out out of everything back home, when I was never really fully checked out because there's stuff going on here at the shop moving parts.
Speaker 1: That happened.
Speaker 3: But as far as like getting to enjoy vacation, getting to be with the family, just us four taking on all these different all these different stops. The cost is it's it's expensive and exhausting and it's very chaotic at times. But the payout, the getting to see Ruin, Scottie and us just have a good time over in Italy, it was a plus.
Speaker 1: What what was your krack of cold one of the trip? Would you say?
Speaker 2: Crack cole one hard man and crack a cold one is brought to us by Biologo.
Speaker 3: Of course, when we look at these new new and improved cans, you got classic grape I'm on right here, the new flavors Raspberry Subert. But you got a little ginger ass. Someone tagged me seeing that ginger ail is the top dog.
Speaker 1: They're pretty stinking good.
Speaker 2: Yes, Ollipop of course is still doing it's buy two cans and they will pay you back for one. You can do that Drinkollipop dot com Ford slash bw TB and that's available at on Amazon online Drinkollipop dot com Fort slash BWTB Walmart Target nationwide, nationwide refrigeration refrigerated aisle.
Speaker 1: Check them out. Shout out to you drop, Thank you ollipop, Thank you ollipop.
Speaker 3: I don't like have a distinct crack a cold one because we did some cool shit man Venice personally, Oh, tell me about the dude. The architecture beautiful, the city wonderful.
Speaker 2: I hear all everywhere. It's marble flooring everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean the stone there's marble all the streets and things like that. Very narrow, it's all water. There's no like car traffic anywhere. It's very cool to experience. Hot day yeah, upper eighties, round ninety okay, very hot day. We spent an entire day there because Charro she wanted to shop there because again, if you shop like over there, you can get purses and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that for cheaper. Oh way cheaper, yeah, way cheaper.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because that's where going on that she wanted the girls to see Venice, and it was again hot. I wasn't. It's not an experience that I would do again. I'm glad I did it, but would I go back and do it again? Probably not really? Yeah, Venice, Yeah, Venice, VENI veniez ch.
Speaker 2: That's that's surprising you did, did you know?
Speaker 3: Maybe it was because of just the overall experience of having two kiddos with us. I was because you're doing nothing but walking the entire time. And I'm not talking just walks like you gotta because again it's it's like water, it's canals and shit like that. Ever, so there's bridges with stairs to go over top. So we had the stroller and I'm having to carry the fucking stroller over all of the bridges and stairs. Some people would help out every now and then, but it's just it's your it's your boy bending over our root.
Speaker 1: Can you get out? Can you walk over the thing?
Speaker 3: I gotta carry fucking thirty pounds we got on this stroller. Yeah, because your backpack up like you got all the bells and whistles to last a day out there, because you take it. We took an hour drive to get out to Venice. Once you're in it, you're there. We're taking the gondolas. The gondola ride was wonderful.
Speaker 1: I bet that was sick. So sick did they seeing it all?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, now that you say that, they kind of pissed me off that they didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what's up with that?
Speaker 3: Sing to me in a delly or Venetian guy was It's very clear that they do Venetian over here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah he's different. Hey buddy, you do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like the tourism that's taking place in Venice. He's like ever since the nineties, ever since like COVID. Oh yeah, last thirty year has been a bit of an uproar for the locals. Oh yeah, commercialize it a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There there was some airbnbs, airbnb's, there was some big music festival that really sut them off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got some he's got some stuff in the basement. Yeah yeah, yeah that he was sharing inventing to us as we're tourists coming over there.
Speaker 2: Hey, you keep our city alive and are able for us to pay for our livelihood.
Speaker 1: But also fuck you don't come here.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you're our bread and butter, but we hate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the fifteen thousand steps, the ninety degree heat again, would I do it again?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: That Venice feels to me, probably equally to Paris, as like a city of romance, a romantic place for you to go there with Charro. You're sitting down to dinner. The glasses of wine are cheaper than the glasses of sparkling water. You got a full belly, Apasta. You're holding your girl's hand underneath the moonlight. You're walking over these bridges. You're you aren't even walking anywhere, dude, You're strolling. That's what Venice.
Speaker 3: If it was me and my wife, yeah, in September, yeah, I would go again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're right.
Speaker 3: A lot of what I'm saying is baggage and PTSD from the day we had. I'm glad we did the day. I'm glad the fame, I'm glad we decide. I'm glad my wife leads us to do heart stuff and sweetheart, as you're listening right now, I'm not saying I want I want you to just continue to lead us. And then when I bitch and moan about it every now and then, you remind me you like doing heard stuff. I do enjoy that we do heart stuff, yeah, every now and then. Yeah, And you love her, Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: I love my wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love her. She is a fucking rock star. Yeah, But a lot of that is the PTSD. Of the entirety of the day because I'm like, when we fucking getting back, like the kids are getting Scotty chasing birds everywhere. Yeah, we're trying to enjoy a nice lunch, which we were in the shade, and we enjoyed a nice lunch like in this big like open area where the church is sitting there.
Speaker 1: It's like one of the historical spots.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're like the oldest cafe sits to where it's just like outdoor umbrella. You know, they got the umbrellas, they got the seating. Let Scotty run around chase the birds. The seagulls that we heard are aggressive. Oh they are very Scotty, a little more aggressive. Yeah, even in thirty eight the goals are aggressive. They know where oh buddy, yeah, I know where they get get picked up from our table and it's like birds and seagulls just coming to fight over the bread. Yes, no, oh shit, like grabbing the kids getting away.
Speaker 2: Jill went into the ocean with Scarlet and the bag was unintended and I had like a towel kind of laid over me, and I was underneath the umbrella, so the birds thought I was sleeping and I saw them laying and start working their way yeah over to our bag, and I gave them.
Speaker 1: A little He took off real quick. Yeah, my crack a cold one.
Speaker 2: Jill and I got to do a date night and dude, epic epic date night of like feeling young and like hanging out with your beach crush kind of date night. It was fun, dude. We took bikes all the way from our rent house. We were like way back back back by the Public if people have been to thirty eight by the Public's grocery store near Watercolor.
Speaker 1: We're in.
Speaker 2: So that's like pretty inland from the beach as far as like staying on thirty A. But it makes the bike ride that much more fun because you're getting to go through all these little trails and stuff to get to Seaside. And we took the bike trails like in the pitch black and just had our little iPhone flashlights as we're going down these little sandy as all the way to Gosh, buddn Allies. I was about to say, I've been there so many times. To button Allis. We went up on the rooftop deck of budonn Allies. It's like pitch black, but you can like hear the ocean, but you can't really see it. And the date night was on July fifth, I believe because there was still some fireworks like going off just randomly on the beach. There would just be like a little bottle rocket or a little artillery shell or like a Roman candle would just like go off in the distance. And uh, Jill and I a.
Speaker 1: Little cheat code.
Speaker 2: This isn't a dad hack per se, but it could be if you're on a budget and you want to save a little money for date night. Jill nice is a dead heck, it's a dad hack. It's a date heck, it's a date hack, dude. Jill was like, because we had eaten a little bit before we went out, and she was like, hey, the would you want to just split the file at? And I was like, yeah, that actually sounds pretty good. And then when we ordered the file at some of those steak places will be like, hey, do you want a lobster tail or a crab cake with your file at? It's only this much more. And then when we were splitting the crab cake in the flea, we ended up getting the crab cake with it. I was like, dude, that's the ultimate date hack of all time is get the nice, expensive filet and then only for a little bit more, you get a whole lobster tail or a whole crap cake with it, and then you just split that.
Speaker 1: That's basically two.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, ah Nath and dude, it was so good just eating those crab cakes, having adult bevies, giggling, dude, as we're like riding our bikes back and just like all the young energy that's down there. There's a lot of families with like kids, but there's a lot of teens too, and just all these teens like running around and like getting into trouble and flashlights everywhere, and you just hear people like in the distance yelling and having fun and just like riding down those little trails with you know stuff, Dude.
Speaker 1: It was fun. That was like a really solid.
Speaker 2: Day night and just getting to like as much fun and dude, as easy as Scarlet takes it on us like a.
Speaker 1: Knock on wood.
Speaker 2: It's just like the continued story of Scarlet is just she will not stop taking it easy on us. It's crazy, Like that's awesome. It's awesome, like the entire vacation. It was just like all smiles, all giggles, I want to do anything and everything. Oh, we're going to a restaurant. I'm not even gonna cry once. I'm just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Like, dude, how blessed are we? This is crazy?
Speaker 2: And getting to see my grandparents or her grandparents interact with their that's really cool.
Speaker 1: How h How hot was it out there? It was hot.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say when when we were over in Italy and they were like a couple of hot days because they had like heat warning stuff in.
Speaker 1: The Italy portion.
Speaker 3: When we were in Austria where the Palers they came from Italy before they got to Austria, and they're like, hopefully it cools down, because there was like a heat wave. Like the Europeans they don't believe in ac very much at all, right, so you're kind of sweaty. But we fortunately were in a week where it was like in the eighties. But I guess the week before was like in the nineties and they were having like all these heat warnings and everything else. But when I checked the weather app for Italy to like look ahead, it first popped up on Nashville and I want to say, in Nashville last week, did it ever hit one hundred? I know it was in like the upper nineties, right, I saw it was like that all week long. I was like, fuck, man, it is hot. So I'm sure down in Florida it was probably hot ast shit too.
Speaker 1: It was super.
Speaker 7: Third of July was ninety seven. I think the feels like was like one oh six. When I was on the golf course, dying felt good though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Especially when you get in those shade portions. But yeah, dude, that hot man, Like you're like that sticky what Then when you get done, you're driving back, you just.
Speaker 1: Feel so goddam you just feel so like, you know, I need a shower so bad.
Speaker 7: Now there's a good feeling of like really really hot day, whether you go spend all day outside and it is that come home and you take me like a four o'clock nap to hit the couch after a good shower and you just you're out.
Speaker 1: We might be one of the best feelings ever. We had that.
Speaker 3: After our Venice day, because that was like, that was a long day. We spent all day over there in Venice, and then when we're traveling back, we get back. We go to dinner right away, like we changed real quick. Go to dinner right away. You can tell we're ready to get to the bedtime portion and put the kids down, and then you just get a moment. Oh yes, Scotty was already knocked out, ready to go. Ru wanted to see one of the shows, the magic shows that they were doing downstairs. But when you hit the shower afterwards and then get in the bed, oh that's a.
Speaker 1: Crack cold nothing like it. Incredible.
Speaker 2: My Sunday getting back, We got back on Thursday, came into the office Friday. Then Sunday I did this huge mowing. I was telling Chef I had this huge mowing day because I had a lot of catching up to.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: PG six would have been not happy with the way my yard was looking, and I gave it the royal treatment, dude, Like I really moved for a long time out in the sun. Didn't put any sunblock on, Shame on me. But I got that sun kiss dude on Sunday from being out like that perfect amount of time where it's not like a true sunburn, but like the sun zaps. Yeah, yeah, came inside just like Jill let me nap on the couch. You hit that cold shower after you've been like outside like that. You gotta do it right away, right away. But first zap yourself with the hot water. Stop the burn. Then the cold water, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you wait too long in the ac you start to get a little cold.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Then the idea of a cold shower gonna leave your brain a little bit. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And then get on the couch. Dude.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm literally like wincing in my seat right now.
Speaker 1: It was like one of the best naps ever.
Speaker 3: You're not only wincing your seat. I see Deeke over there, he's gripping. Oh, he's got something to get off of his chest.
Speaker 1: I genuinely was just curious how Bochi went. Oh how well, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Dude him as a whole story he did for Scarscar's first birthday that his dad almost ruined that I would love for him to recap on the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, dude, Deeke, Thank you okay, dude.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I know, a couple of weeks I went by Scarscar did turn one.
Speaker 2: One July third, Happy birthday, Happy belated birthday to scarscar first birthday, Dude, you want a dad hack hubachi ubachie.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 1: It's it's a such a good.
Speaker 2: Meal and it's not the most expensive meal in the world, and you feel like you're having fun doing it. And Scarlet was losing her her fucking mind, dude the entire time. How was she when the fire happened. It was the perfect amount of like stoicism in her face where she was intrigued and impressed but like really studied.
Speaker 1: It and wasn't scared at all.
Speaker 2: No, and like it was kind of like leaning forward, like she was in her high chair and she's leaning forward the entire time, looking like this. And then oh, dude, this was the other great thing is her word that she was fixated on all week was dadad And we're staying with my parents, so I look like dad of the sentry because every five seconds is just literally dada dada like during the hibachi, like and she's looking over at me and being like ah, Like a couple of times she would squeeze her fists and yell at me, so like let me know, like check this shit out, check that shit out, dude. He did the fire torches, he lit like fire torches on fire and was juggling the fire torches and scarlet the entire time, had her hands up like this and just wasn't smiling, wasn't screaming, and was just locked in watching her enjoy that hibachi meal. Dude, like she was truly in hog heaven. And then we and I'll get into the story of my dad almost he didn't ruined hibachi night, but it's a funny story. We forgot to get Scarlett a cake. We forgot to get Scarlett a cake.
Speaker 1: And I didn't even.
Speaker 2: Think about it. Jill didn't even think about it. It was just a collective everyone forgot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go and get a cupcake or something.
Speaker 2: Habachi guy after he does the torches, he goes, all right, I'm gonna start cleaning up. I hope you guys had a good night, you know, gives us a little bout blah blah blah biania, start cleaning up, Please enjoy your meal, and goes back to like his truck was one of those mobile Hibachi services, so they like come to where you're staying.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, that's all Stuard.
Speaker 2: It was so sick and not expensive at all. Like you're pretty much kind of paying what you would for actual it was just like a twenty dollars service fee for the base.
Speaker 1: I was gonna see it maybe like an extra thirty bucks on top to come to your house and du who bought you? That's awesome? It was so sick. So he sneaks off to his truck. We're just kind of sitting there.
Speaker 2: He comes around with birthday cake and candle and starts, happy birthday to you, and I'm like, oh my god, I totally forgot about the cake. Sets that cake in front of Scarlet. Scarlett doesn't know how to blow it out, so we blow it out for her, but we made it like she blew it out, take the candle.
Speaker 1: Out, attacked it. Dude.
Speaker 2: I got some videos, so I'll send to you, Chef. I have never been more proud of my daughter in my entire life. I've told you on this podcast that she does like that little demon voice where she just constantly will go like because I do it to her, and she'll do it back, and she thinks it's funny. When that cake got in front of her, she literally started going like an animal over its prey and she started throwing her face into the cake She's never had cake before in her life, and she knew I throw my face in this. She gave it some test kind of like yeah, put her mouth on it, and she goes, oh, I know how to eat this, and just start slamming her face into it and before each time going am um, and it's just taking the icing off of this cake and looks up at me like she did during the hubachi, and the sugar was starting to hit her, like after three or four minutes, and she did one of those hand clutches and truly like set up. Have you seen the cotton candy girl that jiff that's like super famous on the internet where the girl has the cotton candy and.
Speaker 1: She's like does that show chef will pull it up? I will?
Speaker 2: Scarlet did that like full on sugar rush and looked at me and went and like did a warrior scream, like look what I just did to this cake. Dad, God, I was proud of my daughter. It was incredible. What a birthday. It was a birthday. And then the story that's so funny, dude, is I was going to do habachi.
Speaker 1: Just is this one with your dad? This is with my dad.
Speaker 2: I was going to do Hibachi to surprise my family for Scarlett's birthday. Do the mobile Hibachi service. I'm getting all this stuff, like, I'm filling out the menu to like get all this stuff for it, and all I need is the address of the house. And I'm like, Dad, what's the address of the rental home? He goes, No, Son, you can't send stuff to the rental home. This is all via texts. Can't send stuff to the rental home. You have to send it to this renting place and then you go pick up your package there. I go, Great, not looking to send a package. I'm looking for the address of the rental home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure, it's kind of like this whole ordeal.
Speaker 2: They really told me they don't want people shipping packages because the namehood.
Speaker 1: They don't want any drivers. So it's got to be to the to the rental office. Dad. Again, Great, I love that. I'm not I'm not sending. Nothing's getting delivered. Nothing's getting delivered. I just need the address.
Speaker 2: I need the address for something that I'm wanting to do for Scarlett's birthday.
Speaker 1: Well, what is it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's a surprise that's going to be for Scarlett and the family and I'll let you know on the day what it's going to be, but right now I'm prepping this. It's a surprise, all right, So if I could get that address, that'd be sweet. My mom then says there's like three hours of no reply, and my mom goes, hey, papasherm we call him. He's also Sherman, Hey publisher, can we get that address? Still no reply. I'm sitting there talking to Dieg. I'm like, what the WTF question mark is going on? Whole day passes, my dad doesn't send the address, so I'm still waiting for the address of this rent house that we're going to and the first text from my dad that next morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I'm thinking about it could.
Speaker 2: Be fun to do a mobile hibachi service for Scarlett's birthday for dinner. They actually can come to your house and they can do it. I found this mobile hibachi service. It's the exact same one that I was looking to do. Dude, I went up to Deeke. I mean, I was not actually heated at my dad. I was pissed, though. I was pissed because I'm like coming into that age where I like I can plan stuff, I can do stuff, I'm a dad too. Now, Dad like I can make some moves. I'm like, you read my freaking mind, dude, and you beat me to the punch. And then at that time, my Dad's like, hey, I'll treat you know, like this is my idea. I would love to treat for dinner. So I'm like, okay, like twist my arm. You know this sucks.
Speaker 1: But dude, just getting beat out by your getting out daddd by your dad. Isn't that kind of a testament to how like father, like son.
Speaker 7: You guys both had the same I would be tripping out going Hey we both had great minds, think alike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great minds, think alike.
Speaker 2: I Also, I was just seeing how much I'm like my dad, dude on this trip of worrying for Scarlet. Yeah, and I'm trying to really put a button on that of like not try not to worry too much with Scarlet. And I'm seeing a little bit of my dad come out. It was so funny watching my dad because he was a worry wart with my brother and I with Scarlet. It's times ten. You were talking about the heat. Thank god, Jill's a nurse. He told us we couldn't go outside one day, Like he told Jill it was too hot for us to go outside, and Jill was like, it, no, it's not. He's like, it feels like one oh five and it's this and blah blah blah, you can't. She can't go out to the pool, and Jill's like, she absolutely can. She'll be in the shade, she'll be in water, so her body temperature will be down. I bring a waters so she's gonna be hydrated. I also have fruit snacks and she's gonna be eating blah blah blah. She's gonna be fine. And my dad is just pacing through the kitchen for the next hour thinking that my daughter's gonna die of a heat stroke. But then once I'm outside and I'm like watching Scarlet in the pool and stuff. I've even am kind of to myself like, hey, is it too hot for it? Because it you know, blah blah blah. I saw the way that Jill had to talk my dad down, so I'm like, I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: Worry war Dad. I'll chill. Don't need two of them, don't need two of them. I'll chill out.
Speaker 2: Jill gott in this golf cart that we rented and just put Scarlet in her lap and like buckle the seatbelt around Scarlet like in her lap.
Speaker 1: And in my mind, I was like, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I feel about that, but it's okay, it's okay, everything's safe and it'll be fun. I'm driving the golf cart and it'll be all right. And my dad comes out and like sees that, and I could tell my dad was biting his tongue so hard. We pulled out onto the main road. My dad, whoa, whoa, wait, what are we doing where we just she's not in the baby seat, she's on a baby seat. And my mom thankfully was there to kind of pat him on the leg and be like it's okay, like everything will be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love to see I would love to see your stress level over in Europe, because if you get a cab or something, there's not a baby seat, you just have him on the lap.
Speaker 1: Dude, you had Scotty in the lap during that wreck. No, no, no, no, Scotty was in a car seat. You're talking yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just in like casual, like you get a cab or something like that, or a taxi, you just be used to sitting them like on your lap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first time you're kind of like, oh shit, is this is this even legal? Oh? But that's funny.
Speaker 3: I do have a question please for the Papa Shirm story. It sounds like this is before you guys went to Florida and you were trying to play the bachi. Yes, So my question why didn't you just give him a shout on the phone when he when he's call up day after the second response he gave where everybody with their parents would get frustrated because they're doing the thing that something's like, hey, I don't need you to tell me, I just need the address. When he gives you the second reply, why not just when he's trying to explain it and you're trying to be like, hey, it's a surprise. At that moment you pick up the phone and say, hey, I'm doing this thing. Maybe even tell him.
Speaker 1: That about your idea so that way he doesn't get to where he quote unquote out there. Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I would say that that week I was like very heavily editing, and my mind was very much heavily on editing slash prepping for trip to where I would look up and like hours had passed because I was getting so blocked into work.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was like a true avoidance of my father. It was more so I'm just like, okay, I just simply need the address. Let me just send me the fucking address. When he did drop the BATCHI how did that go? Did you get on the phone with him, ma'am? Yeah, and I called him cocksucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, that was the surprise that I was going to do. So that's actually kind of crazy, uh, that that happened that way. But you know, he very much he doesn't want to step on my toes and he doesn't want to He knows that he can be a control freak sometimes, yeah, and be a worry ward sometimes. And he has done a very good job of allowing me to be a dad in places that I need to be a dad. And so he was like, oh, well, son, you know, if it's I'll set it up, I'll get everything, and you just vin moo me like that way, you're paying for it. If you want to pay for it, you know, I don't want to take that. Like he's very much like he does a good job of realizing, hey, I don't want to step on my son's toes here. Like the Atlanta trip where we're going for the Baylor Auburn game, I had like gotten hotel stuff planned out.
Speaker 1: My dad is already booked.
Speaker 2: He's already booked and unbooked four different hotels for the trip, and each hotel was like closer and closer to the stadium, because I was telling that that the stadium is like not the nicest part of town. No offense to Atlanta, It's still they're great.
Speaker 1: It's a great city, but.
Speaker 2: There's some other places where I was like, hotels would be great. My dad's more convenience wise. I want to be directly out of the stadium into a hotel. And he's very type A and so once he gets on those type A things, starts booking, unbooking, booking unbooking. That's when I kind of put my hands up. I go, he's going to be a big old ball stress if I try and come in here and change stuff.
Speaker 1: I'll let Dad choose the hotel.
Speaker 2: Got you, So that a little bit of that played into the Habaji thing, But no, no part of me was like truly pissed at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if that makes sense, just momentarily. Yeah, because you were trying to execute I you're trying to execute. Yeah, you simply needed the address.
Speaker 1: I had a huge dad loss by the way, on the trip, Yeah, a massive dad loss. We went to the dad loss.
Speaker 2: Is that much more fun because this was directly before our pictures, our family pictures on the beach. If you've ever seen me smiling in a photo, you can know when I'm truly smiling and happy in a photo. My eyes are very dead in these family photos, and I'll send some to Chef where he can put them up. I'm forcing a smile in these photos. You can see it in you can see it in my eyes. I had a major dad loss.
Speaker 1: Please share. Pt. Six is going to fry me on this. That's okay.
Speaker 2: When we set up our lease house in spring Hill, Tennessee, Property Management Group, some of our utilities are also paid through the website that we pay our rent too.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: You set up all your utilities water, gas, and electric, it's all three different companies and internet, and you have to show proof of all these things to the rental company. So in the process of showing proof to the rental company that I had set up these services. I had put all of these services in my brain that they all get paid on this one website. One of the services gets paid individually. Well, that would be the electric bill. Oh, one of the guests, that would be the electric bill. And as we know, wonderful suite, incredible and he can land them watch out, ladies. Intern Chris, Yeah, was at my house and I got a great text. I'll send that as well, the screenshot to chef Hey Sherman. The power's out at the house and I'm looking at the breaker box.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do, and he's watching your house. He's got the boys over, doesn't.
Speaker 2: He he's got the boys over, he's got my dog's there. And the power just goes out.
Speaker 1: And it's in the nineties. Oh in Nashville, Tennessee. Hot.
Speaker 2: It's hot, and we're about thirty seconds from taking family photos.
Speaker 1: And I see that text. I call him instantly.
Speaker 2: I say, hey, can you look at my neighbor's houses on either side and across the street and tell me if the power's on.
Speaker 1: He goes, oh, yeah, you know, everybody's got their lights on. It looks like I go, it's a really good impression. Okay, I'll go look. I'll go look, Sherman. You know, Sherman, It's fine. This happens all the time at my house growing up. We'd lose power all the time. It's really no big deal, no big deal. We're just playing UNA in the living room.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: Truthly, he was being so sweet, like, this is literally the conversation.
Speaker 1: Do I need to go check the break There's a breaker box on the outside of the house.
Speaker 2: I can look at. I go, Chris, it's not that man. Uh, let me hold on one second. I hang up, and I fucking lost it when I got off the phone because it all the dots were connecting. I was like, it's got to be power, like the power bill. It's got to be that I haven't been paying the power bill rather, you know, however I set it up or whatever. And so I lost my cool in the moment and was like.
Speaker 1: Fuck, dude, why would this happen?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 1: Of course, this fucking happens the last day. It was our last day of vacation.
Speaker 2: And as I told you all on this podcast before, Jill told me, if we ever come back to a house without power, I will leave you.
Speaker 1: She gets very angry because Sherman has a sherman has made this mistake in the past when we were at an apartment complex. Now you like, hey, Sweeter, you might get your wish. Yeah, you might get your wish. Honey, you get a new man. So I lose my cool in the moment.
Speaker 2: Jill has saw me to calm down, but she's also saying how embarrassing this is.
Speaker 1: For poor Chris.
Speaker 2: My mom and dad are there, and again I'm always trying to illustrate to my dad. I've got it, I've got things covered. I'm a dad. Now, I'm a full grown ass man. I can handle it. And I could tell that Dad was really trying to stay hands off. He was like, I do not need to interject in this moment. And then realize that the power bill was on a separate app that I had to download that I remember setting up because this was two months ago and I had a fraud alert with my debit card at the beginning of June, so this.
Speaker 1: Was a while ago.
Speaker 2: Not realizing when I have that fraudle for those three days that I didn't like get it reset with my bank, my autopay hit for my power bill on the app. When I downloaded that app, I also said, would you allow this app to send you a notification? No, because I do that with every single app. So the app had been sending me notifications since the beginning of June of We tried to process your auto pay and the bill didn't go through. And so what what was that July like seventh or like eighth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so full month. It was like a sixty dollars bill. Dude, that was two hundred and ninety one dollars. Yeah. Did you have to call to get it back on? Yeah? So so how did this all?
Speaker 2: How the Thankfully to Chef's point, I called Chris. I tell Chris, hey, I fucked up majorly. This is the situation. Just paid the bill. I'm going to try calling the company da da du Hang tight, We're gonna get you a hotel room. We're gonna put you in a hotel. And he, of course, Chris is, I can just go back to my place with with your dogs. I just take him because he's got his own place in Tennessee. I was like, no, Chris, where like, we don't want you drive in, you know, with the dogs and all that stuff. There's a hotel right down the road that you can go and come back on. I hang up with him, and I go trying to find the number of this power company because it's seven pm. Power place is closed. I'm getting voicemails. I'm like, God, I'm cooked. This is the part where I'm really freaking out, the part that was a huge dad loss, because Jill's just watching me unravel in this moment. And thank god, spring Hill, Tennessee has an auto system that right when you pay it comes back on in like ten minutes. So as I'm like calling all these numbers that I'm trying to find for this power company, I just get a text from Chris and it's like, let there be light and all. So I'm like, oh my god, you're kidding. He was like, oh yeah, everything's back on. Everything's good, and dah dah dah. I was like, oh my gosh. So Jill really chalked it up to, Hey, all that stress, all that dog cussing that you're doing, all that bad attitude that you had that you went into our family pictures with, and then we get out of family pictures and you're able to resolve it in twenty minutes, and like, I don't want to see, like, don't unravel in moments of stress, like be a problem solver and just solve the issue at hand. You complaining about it is not going to fix anything, especially in front of your daughter, in front of me, in front of your parents, Like you could have handled that way better. Yeah, because I lost my cool. You could see it in my face and the family pigs.
Speaker 1: I was not having it.
Speaker 2: Dead in the eyes, dead in the eyes. Still great family pigs because Scarlet and Jill look so cute and sweet on the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're looking at you, looking at the family the ladies. Yeah. Yeah, that's a tough that's a tough l. It was a tough l in front of the people that you love.
Speaker 3: That you wanted to prove you got it, your grown ass man, grown ass man that doesn't know how to pay the power bill.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: I asked Chris if he let you know and how he let you know? Because I did alarm him that like this is a situation in which your wife could leave you. Yeah yeah, he said he did you justice and everything was okay.
Speaker 1: Justice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then I asked him about posting all the videos online. He's like, well, I didn't think of that one. Oh yeah, well, Jill doesn't have Twitter, so he so he is fine. And no point that I think grace was served by Chris. He could not have been more gracious in that moment.
Speaker 1: Truly.
Speaker 2: If somebody's gonna be staying at your house and watching your house and your power go out, you want Chris in that house.
Speaker 1: It's Chris. You want to entered.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 3: Chris is a sweetheart heart. He was talking a little bit of ship on the vacation. I was kind of crapped on Will a little bit. Oh he did, he's taking an end zone.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He did about the resorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, uh, what was it seemed judgmental on his just from the get go. He saw the first photos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he saw the first couple of things that Will was posting, and he was just like I just thought, like, you're spending two weeks in Europe and you're not leaving the resort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so resorts and yeah, fair question, like he doesn't know what he doesn't know? He's walking with Wamas. Why is he doing that? Yeah, like, oh, they're not going to leave the resort. Why you come to Disney and then now you're in a resort there. Yeah, it's probably more expensive.
Speaker 3: And he's a you know, he's innocent, he doesn't know he's a he's a goon beret. He's a goom beret. And I kind of just asked him questions and let him talk most of the time. And it's like, well, that's an interesting take. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: And get to the answer too. And he's like, well then you know, you posted other stuff and I'm like, okay, they're doing I'm like, so.
Speaker 3: You're just judging the vacation a whole time, which again I'm like, Chris, what would you He's like, you know, we go backpacking or get you know, go out and about, and yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, yeah, we've done it.
Speaker 3: We did a bunch of stuff like day excursions, like you know, two different days at each different spot. We're out, we're out going, we're out exploring, like we're out doing stuff. Not that I got to defend my position, but I'm curious and fascinated. Like, Okay, so you got some judgment going on on a two week vacation out in Italy, which is fair because he also brought up which I know parents and people have the question in their mind, like why go on trips if the kids aren't going to remember.
Speaker 1: It's like your story at the beach where you're.
Speaker 3: Telling Scarlet, I'm showing her where I'm going, us going to Italy, Like there is a part of you. It's like, oh, they're not going to remember the vacation. But I feel like what's valuable and this can be like the the like the lesson, the lesson of the week. But I'm thinking of my head.
Speaker 1: I kind of like Chris talk and I'm not like responding to him back, and I'm kind of busting his balls because of spress. You know, he's trying to walk back.
Speaker 3: I see you guys. It seemed like an A plus. It was like an awesome you know, nine out of ten, ten out of ten vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, yea, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a phenomenal vacation. I think the trip like traveling with your kiddos.
Speaker 1: I asked Chris.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, if you and your wife want to travel, like my wife a core value of hers that Like when I think about my wife, I think of adventure.
Speaker 1: She loves to travel.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a like a home body, even though I would say evidence wise, Willie see might be the most traveled in the office. But with Charro I see adventure. She wants to vacate. She wants to go and see the world. She wants to go and just see stuff and explore and experience. And she's also firm on she doesn't want the kids to hold us back on doing things just because we have kids. Like I get like from Chris to standpoint, you can do a lot of stuff around America, which we have done a lot of stuff around America, but Charlie also wants to get international. Do some of the noses going to be No, it's going to be exhausting, but still wants to choose, like, let's go to these other parts of the world because she wants to see them. She'll love for the kids who experience them and for the for people that think, like, well, yeah, but they're also not going to remember.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: But I don't think. I don't think the trip's value is in memory as much as it is also in capacity. Yeah, Like I feel like something I take away from it, like when I think on it is like the kid that travels, you know, that's on has taken ten different flights, has eaten different foods in different parts of the country, different parts of the world. The kid that's that's sleeped in unfamiliar beds and unfamiliar settings. I feel like it cultivates a different baseline for kids who don't or for parents and people who don't travel for where like for example, like when we got back, Ru this morning wants to like make her breakfast now because every breakfast you'd go, you go downstairs, you'd go whether they have a little buffet or a little menu to select from. Ru's exploring the I want to go and get her orange juice on her own, going to get her food on he all. She's very independent, wants to do things on her own. So this morning she's like, Dad, I want to make my yogurt. Can you get out my kid's knife and my kid's cutting board. I want to cut the strawberries. You want to do these different things to where there's like her sense of wonder and her sense of like doing different things. She's not bringing it back because she remembers now that, hey, I did these things over over in Europe, like I want to do my own confidence. Yeah, it builds confidence, It builds like you know, a lot of the like the episodic memories that they're gonna have. Yeah, she's not gonna have those, but a lot of like the trips and everything else. I feel like a kid's understanding of identity in family, identity is the patterns and repetition that they have doing other things to where that'll be kind of cultivated in them that they will have for themselves as they get into the next phase of their life, even though they might not remember the trip to Italy, the fascination I have, which I love when I listen to your story about you talking to Scarlet, about you having all these memories and love for that the beach, whether or not, I mean, she's one, she's gonna remember that conversation or not. The idea and hope is something I told Chris. I was like, one day, I hope, I hope we cultivate something with my kids to where when their parents they want to go back to some of these spots that we visited, that they see photos in that they went and visited when mom and dad took them to those places, that they want to take their kids to it and remember like, oh my mom and dad, we did this photo in this place and now they're giving it to their children and to the point because again you can just call it what.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: Very exhausting, it is expensive, it is fucking chaos. But choosing to do like letting our kids know, we choose to do these big, hard things with each other because again it's like when it's just you four, or when it's just you and the family and you're in the middle of that chaos, that shit is fucking hard, that shit is difficult, but you are doing it together like the whole thet strength of the wolf is in the pack, and the strength of the pack is in the wolf, like you are cultivating a lot of these things with your family. So those are a lot of the takeaways that I almost you're almost when I sit and try to reflect on it in like the hard moments when we are on vacation of just having that perspective. I know there was one moment which is like a crack a cold one with Charo to where we were sitting there by the pool. We were having a moment to read your boy, by the way, whether you want to include audiobooks or not, two and a half books down, Hey, come on, yeah, yeah, one read one listen to one and a half Listen to come On. But we were sitting there reading pull Side because the kids were in the kids club where they're like playing, they're doing alto crafts, they're doing all these things to where mom and dad can have a moment and she's like, we're doing a babe, and I just look over at it and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just like, dude, we really fucking are just doing it.
Speaker 3: Like this shit is hard, and sometimes I like resent, Like I like resent you for it because we're in those moments of suck and I know you're leaning on me and I'm leaning on you, and I know you have to take a lot of the brunt of the kiddohs because they're just it's mom a lot. I was like, but it is cool because if it was just me leading, there would be a lot of the reasons that I would have to wait to travel would be, you know, you're chasing the next thing ambitiously career wise. Hey, once we get to this dollar amount, or once we get to this status, or once we get to this position.
Speaker 1: Then we can look back and travel.
Speaker 3: But the fact that we've knocked out a lot of these different spots that Charles wanted to go see and do and take our kids to and how much experience our kids have had in airports and traveling and doing things to where you got to You gotta be durable, You got to be like pliable and learn on the fly and be fluid, and shit's going to be rocky at times. But the fact that we are choosing to do those things, it's like, it is sick that we're just out here right now in Italy. Yeah, reading a book next to the pool, and our kiddos are just having a blast.
Speaker 2: It's like those action movies or those spy movies where you'll have like the two spies or the two action heroes with you out there and they be like, hey, remember Portugal, Like, oh god, we're not doing Portugal, are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, do some crazy motorcycle jump. Hey, that is like what you're doing with Trial right now, is you're like building that callous if you will of like, hey, remember the ship we went through in Venice.
Speaker 1: Due to thousand percent.
Speaker 3: And then when the kiddos get old enough and you can give them shits for how hard it was with them in those moments and laughing about.
Speaker 2: We can handle this because this doesn't even touch the car wreck in the fucking Alps and having to figure all that stuff out.
Speaker 1: This is easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good for the parents too, and great minds think alike. Will my lesson of the week, Take your kids on adventures big or small. Let's go, dude, big or small. I put bike rides, fishing hikes, swimming, a late snack trip before bed, a beautiful spot to watch the sunrise or sunset. Just those little adventures so you can take if you're on a budget, or the bigger adventures of like a vacation, take your kids on those, because it dude, being a counselor at a summer camp and seeing the kids that we would go on these like week long truly, like week long canoe trips down the White River in Arkansas, and you can see it in the kids that have been out doing hikes and doing all that stuff. And you put them in a canoe and you hand them an ore and they're like, okay, yeah, like I could do I could do a canoe. You hand them a fishing pole, They're already got the worm halfway on the hook. You're like, kiddo's got it. Yeah, he's got it. Even if he's ever fished before, he gets it. He knows what he needs to be doing.
Speaker 1: He's got it. And then you got the other kids.
Speaker 2: I'm wet, I'm wet. You're like, yeah, dude, you're wet. You're outside. Welcome to the outdoors, you know what I mean. Like, it builds a lot of character, and it builds a lot of experience for kiddos and does little adventures right.
Speaker 1: In that confidence aspect too.
Speaker 3: I know there were a few times where we're leaving, you know, we drop them off a kid's clip for a couple hours, and they'd be kind of beside themselves, kind of sad. Scotty would just Scotty was tough. Hey, Ru, Rue was being a great big sister. Say sweet up before you go playing in your area. It'd be sick if you could say in this baby area right now. To help Scotty just adapt and know mom and dad is going to be gone, and you just you be her friend, like yeah, be the familiar face for her, because again, they're around kids where it's like other languages, other stuff. Ru'd come out of it and tell us about one friend that she made, and again it's like over there in Europe they know about four or five different languages at a time. It makes me feel like us just knowing English, it makes me want to learn a new language. But it's fascinating to me that the Europeans can just be fluid in all of these different languages. But to know you're you come out of it, and Rue tells you about a friend she made, and just the confidence that I feel like Ru has garnered from stuff like that, Like she now looks at waiters and waitresses wants to tell her tell them what her order is when she used to be very shy about that. And even something as simple as wake enough to go see a sunrise and stuff like that, to where you got to get them up early. They don't really know they're complaining they're doing this, dude, I just want to take you to go watch the SunFest sept forst say it's gonna be worth it, It's gonna be worth it. Then you get there, you watch the sunrise. Maybe it's not even they're doing things where it doesn't feel like it's worth it, but just going through those little moments of friction to start to create patterns and repetition for whether they're gonna remember it or not, like it will serve. It's going to serve not only you, but serve them, serve the family, serve all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So and help give them some identity in themselves of you know, I don't know if I can do this. What are you talking about? When you were do you not remember and Italy when you went down the red slide? Yeah, that red slide's way bigger than this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Right that, Oh sweetheart, This forty minutes is gonna fly by. Hey, a little bit ago, it was two hundred minutes when we were gonna get there. You took a nap. One hundred minutes went away. If you lay your head down now, maybe you'll sleep through the red.
Speaker 1: Just be patient. We're gonna get there soon.
Speaker 3: Just all of this stuff that is fucking exhausting in the moment, it's just it's like embracing the fucking suck like the good dude it is because.
Speaker 1: We go ahead. I'm just gonna say, we're also the same, like I know me, I'll sit there back. Yeah, why do we like? This stuff is exhaust hell.
Speaker 2: Getting Scarlet to the beach, just getting her to the beach ship, all the things you gotta take and car.
Speaker 1: And be prepared for.
Speaker 2: Will shout out Jill, shout out Jill, like just love you, honey, and you're an absolute demon on getting stuff prepped.
Speaker 1: A true sick out.
Speaker 3: I'll be standing there like, oh, we just need the water bottles and a couple of snacks. Let's hit the voicemails. Six and one the dads you want to call in leave a story, event, win, lost whatever. Six on one of the dad's call evil voicemail. Well, I'm worried about this first one. I just saw the title of it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna spoil it. I'm just gonna hit play. Okay, this is not gonna be good boys.
Speaker 5: Cole Lighter and Calling from the Great White North Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada. A little late to the party, but I had to tell this story because my wife forgot Father's Day. Sunday night or Sunday morning, I guess. Wife comes in at five point thirty in the morning, baby monitor in hand to ask me to get up with our daughter. So of course I get up. No problems, nothing like going to watch a little Sunday Morning. Miss Rachel learning how to count again because I'm a oil real dad. Not long after that, my son, four year old son gets up, comes and joins the party, making breakfast, having a good time. Not long after that, my wife gets up, not a word said nothing. We go a couple hours when from the kitchen I hear, oh fuck, I forgot it's Father's Day. Oh just wandering?
Speaker 7: Do we?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Obviously I still have that in the pocket that I'm or do I use it on a little golf trip, a little a little bit of this, a little bit of that. Obviously, shockwave happened.
Speaker 1: Because she felt terrible because of course, yeah, love.
Speaker 5: The pod voice, keep it up that out.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he's in a good spot. Oh great, it's you know, it hurts in the moment, but just look look what you can now.
Speaker 3: Read right like you all the experts tell you everything is a negotiation, and look and look inside your house first, like every conversation you're having, you are negotiating with your wife, with your kids, with your loved ones, with your kiddos. Yeah, and now in the game, cards are stacked a bit, cards are stacked.
Speaker 1: Look at that, yeah, because that's on top. Yeah, Dad's on top.
Speaker 3: Whether you want to take us any data of his choosing, because he now has the leverage any whether it's a golf trip, whatever it is, whatever you want it to be.
Speaker 1: You now you now have that. Hey, honey, I'm I'm headed out. I'm going golfing. No, honey, remember we have what huh Oh that's weird. What Now he does need a plan.
Speaker 3: If you're going to just give any power to wifey, just make sure it's planned. But you're now not confined to a day that was already specified. Yes, now you have a rolodex of your choosing. Yes, you you don't have a Trump card?
Speaker 1: Uh? If you will?
Speaker 3: You just you have a you can plan accordingly. You have a Father's Day card that is now you can use it whatever day you want.
Speaker 1: And I'll cash this in. Yes, similar to a shockwave coupon. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so bummer that sucks.
Speaker 2: That sucks, but also congratulates, gives him a Father's Day coop or sorry, a coupons, a shockwave coupon, a shockwave and to put a bow on it, to put a b.
Speaker 1: On it, just because we hope you haven't a good father. So yeah, we want to celebrate. We want to make this right with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out Canada oil he was an oil field guy. Yeah, Alberta, Canada, Alberta, Canada.
Speaker 1: Roughneck. Here we go, last voicemount.
Speaker 4: Fella's what's going on?
Speaker 1: How we doing?
Speaker 4: I was just listening to the last episode and you guys are talking about Shirm getting best at Ever. I mean, first off, sherm, congrats. Maybe deserve, maybe not deserve to see a beast. But I was thinking through Father's Day a fellow pet sixer myself. Notice all these other dads, Okay, no, his best dad ever, best at ever? And I want to know, as as a gamer, as as someone that likes competition, what the fuck they did to deserve best at ever? You know, you have a guy out here who's been a dad for six months.
Speaker 1: You know, God bless him.
Speaker 4: He's in the transies. Were you telling me that's the best ad ever.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna sit here.
Speaker 4: And so I told my wife, you know, if you put a little post out there, she said, I'm the best dad to our son.
Speaker 1: Well obviously because competition is very low. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, we need to cut back on the old best dad everything. It's not you sure, we'll give it to you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Six months ain't no year. Six six months ain't no year. And thank you. I'm undeserving.
Speaker 2: I mean I hated bringing in that uh framed photo that said best at Ever. Like it killed me on the inside to like bring that in here and display that on my desk because I don't want to rub it in people's face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to rub in our faces.
Speaker 2: But if Jill is giving that, like if I received that award, I'm gonna display it. But I don't go, Hey, Truman, young, best at ever.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. I'm not that guy. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: You could be, but you choose not to choose to be. And nor do I think I am the best at ever? I know I'm you know we said we stay here on this podcast. We joke a lot, right.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of haters out there, A lot of haters out there. We sat on this podcast. Doo thinks he's the best dad Animore. He got a one year old. It's a coffee monk, dude, get over your seat. That doesn't mean you're the best dad. Ain't rocket science, You ain't cracking no code. What's the name on it? What's the name. Oh, so what are you doing today? Working?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Working? Nice?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have any kids too? Oh so you're your dad? Yes, okay, that shi it's easy. So so what do you do for like, oh, we got a podcast? Oh so not really work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're not working. But dude, shout and shout out to this guy and I get it there. Nobody is the best dad ever? Maybe Dan Gable was Dan Gable a dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Fathered a lot of sing children. He did, so maybe Dane Gable's the best dad ever. And we'll just we'll leave it at that. And we got to frame those his best dad ever? I do?
Speaker 1: I do? And I couldn't, you know.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to look Jill and Nys and go, honey, I didn't earn this, Like who voted on this?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't just go to Walgreens and go buy this and then you know, title me the best at ever?
Speaker 1: Was There's a lot of hardworking dads out there. What does I say to Will?
Speaker 3: What does that say to the other dads who have not only father children, but have raised them to be adults and they're successful adults and kids that they're very proud of and happy with. And their kids are like, you know, you got some weathered, experienced fathers out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're pushing eighty right now. They did a hell of a job. Speaking of best dads.
Speaker 2: Ever, I would be remiss if we didn't close with the congratulations to Jeremy Klomp bringing in his sweet, sweet baby girl, Miss Laney, Miss.
Speaker 1: Laney, Lady Club, Lady Clump, and Lindsay Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Congrats, guys, we had another baby in the office and it's a sweet baby girl named Laney Klump.
Speaker 1: We got the curse still alive. Come on, baby, you work in this office. You have daughters. Come on, you have daughters. Man Taylor or Taylor should be popping here any moment. I know.
Speaker 3: So that could either happen this week next week. But another congratulatory will be coming soon. But shout out the Clumps. Shout out baby Laney. Another thing I would another thing that I would need to say, big shout out to Dominic. I met Dominic at the Newark Airport. I believe we were about to get on our flight to Nashville. I'm talking exhaustion at the time. I'm rolling ruin our little Pulley suitcase. She's crying, Mama had to go change Scottie. But we're finally getting to that nine thirty flight.
Speaker 1: It's been We're on the last leg of the whole flight. So I hit my man.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, are you willing. I look at him with the dead look. I'm like, oh, yes, sir, kind of smiling like you see this.
Speaker 1: One crying like.
Speaker 3: Man, he wanted to pull out his phone and just say that he's been listening before the dads, going to pull out his phone and show and show his kid. And he was just fired up to meet me and talk about for the dads. And when he was talking about his kiddo, he was legitimately was garnering like tears in his eyes talking about I felt like I was in the moment with him again. Exhaustion was we we were we we were on e yeah, and I was sharing the moment with him. I wish I could have been in it with him even more because it was very fleeting, like charl walks like, hey, we got like the priority, the priority boarding with the kiddo's. We need to get up, we need to get out. Yeah, but shout out Dominic. It was a phenomenal interaction. And to see him legitimately tear up as he's talking about his kids just want to talk about the show and everything else. That was very heartwarming. And I appreciate you, Dominic for introducing yourself to me.
Speaker 2: Let's go huge shout out to you. He'll main anonymous because I didn't get to meet him. Only shout out I got in thirty eight guy driving by in a golf cart, Hell yeah, sir, Hell yeah, as the golf cart flies fast and I just turned and so on that.
Speaker 3: Last leg from Newark to Nashville, Scotty was starting to like fall asleep.
Speaker 1: For like ten twenty minutes at a time. Then we'd have to get moving.
Speaker 3: We're trying to hold her off to fall asleep on the plane, but she gets so where she's beyond exhausted, crying like screaming. I'm talking bloody fucking murder, screaming to where we're trying to get to the point.
Speaker 1: Where we're leaving.
Speaker 3: We're we're leaving the dock or whatever from the airport to drive out to take off the fly. So that's like a good ten to twenty minute process. Scotty is screaming, wrestling, choral wrestling, holding her, shaking or doing the physical. I'm holding her, I'm like sweetart like keeping a low voice. We're round everybody. The flight attendants are sitting up there. Everybody's trapped in. You can't be on the ground whatsoever. Scotti is just beside herself, bro talking. We went through war there at the end. But to the point where we get off the flight, A couple of gentlemen come over and just pat like, you guys did good, because that's one where no.
Speaker 2: Man, that's when you know, dude, when you're getting physical pats on the physical pats.
Speaker 3: Hang in there, dad, Yeah, Hey, you guys did a great job because we stayed composed and poised, like got a little and a couple of violent shakes in there, like please, Scottie, for the love of God, just fall asleep. Yeah, but couple, you guys did good in there.
Speaker 1: You did it. We did it. We're live.
Speaker 3: We're finally getting on the other side of the jet lag too. Take the trash out, take the trash out. Love you appreciate you. We will see you next week and we will come and shout out a lot more.
Speaker 1: Of the comments. We love you, guys, We love you. Take up the trash. Where are you from where? Yeah,