Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod which Teddy Mellencamp and Camra Jeedge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas and a Pod with Me and Caamra. Today we have on Raquel chev Ramont. She was born in Brooklyn, raised in the Bronx. Raquel is an esteemed art curator with more than twenty years of experience. She's also a seasoned model, gracing ad campaigns like Benetton, Bobby Brown, Fila, Lareel Nivia, et cetera, et cetera. She is living out a fairy tale with her two kids and partner, and Raquel won't let past rumors from the New York art scene get in the way of her happily ever after. She is the new housewife of Real Housewives of New York City.
Speaker 3: And we are excited to bring her on.
Speaker 4: Let's bring her on. Hi, Hi, there she is Hell.
Speaker 1: I knew it.
Speaker 3: The Harley and the Ducati.
Speaker 4: Ah, oh, I love it. Did you ever ride Harley? No, only Dacatti's Yeah. Jacatti's a nice bike. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I love it. Though I see, I knew it was like she's gonna come, She's gonna represent.
Speaker 5: I actually just got back from the gym, and I'm sweaty.
Speaker 4: And yeah, but you do my finest. Try to pull my ponytail forward to make me look like I had hair.
Speaker 1: Listen, join the club. What this really should be is like a red light therapy hat. Honestly, exactly.
Speaker 5: Well, Welcome, welcome, welcome, and welcome to the Bravo family.
Speaker 1: Thank you. How now I feel like i've a ride.
Speaker 5: We met, we briefly met in New York when I was there doing press.
Speaker 4: How has it been now that you're airing?
Speaker 5: I know sometimes social media can be a real.
Speaker 1: Treat, Honey, I literally have not kept I don't look at x, I don't look at Reddit, I don't look at any of that stuff I was told in the beginning. And I know this just from you know, having somewhat in a public life before. You just can't read this ship. I can't get in there. I can't. People are gonna love you, they're gonna hate you. Listen, as long as they have some sort of strong emotion about you. I guess that's all.
Speaker 4: It meant exactly, That's how I feel.
Speaker 5: It was like everyone saying mean things. Hey, at least they have an opinion about me.
Speaker 3: Well, well, we are loving you so far.
Speaker 2: As each episode goes on, we get a little bit more of you, which is exciting as as viewers and people that get to recap the show, because some you know will come in and you don't really get to see the other sides of their life for very long, and so the fact that each time we're getting just a touch more, we're really appreciative too, because it's not if you only see the women fighting, then it's like, Okay, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you've been properly portrayed from what you've been watching so far?
Speaker 1: I think so. I mean, you know, it's funny because I not knowing the world at all. I just came in as myself and maybe I should have reeled that back in a little vacation, But yeah, I think, so far, so good.
Speaker 2: And you've had such a diverse career path from modeling to art curation. What drew you to each of these fields and then what drew you to say yes to being on New York?
Speaker 1: All right? So modeling was just that that fell in my lap, right. I had a photographer scouted me, saw me at an HMV. I don't know if any of you remember what HMV was. It was like a disc store, so a music store, okay, yeah, and maybe it was just on the East coast, but uh. And he was like, Hey, I'm a scout for Elite, and I'll take some great photographs of you and if they I submitted them to Elite, if they like you, they call you. If they don't, you have some amazing images, right, And about two weeks later they called me and I went in, I got measured, I you know, they did everything, and then they were like, all right, we like you, but we got to send you to Italy to get your book done, you know, in order to get some tear sheets so that we could make money here, because you had to. They sent all the girls to Europe at the time, and it was either Paris or Italy, and I wasn't tall enough for Paris, so so they sent me to Italy and they were like, but you got to pack your bags in three weeks. And so I ended up in the modeling in the modeling world, but I professionally, like really with a full on blown agency for about twenty years and then I took a break and now I'm back again.
Speaker 3: Did you ever work with my ex stepmom, Elaine Irwin.
Speaker 1: No, I never worked with Elaine.
Speaker 2: No wondering whenever I like, see you know a mega model, I'm like, I wonder if they worked together because I was a kid and I remember going to shoots with her, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh she's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So are you like to take it back to the casting process? How did you get cast for the show and what convinced you to actually join this crazy house Why franchise.
Speaker 1: So Jenna and I are friends, and you know, she was on the season before and I think she was feeling a little like lonely to some extent. I think, you know, she has a big age difference from a lot of the women, and she's queer. So she kind of talked it up. So it was like, all right, that sounds like maybe it could be okay. And you know, she said, listen, you use your platform right now for all these amazing things. This is a huge platform, and I think I think it could be good. And so I had to really think about it. I never watched a housewife ever, like ever, so I didn't know what I was getting myself into in that respect, outside of people like, oh god, that's a crazy show and listen. In the end, I spoke to my family and they were down. They you know, but also, you know, I'm all about representation, and so I felt like if I could show the world a queer family, right, and who we are and what we are, and that we're all the same going through the exact same things. You know. Maybe I don't know, the environment in the world we live in might change a little or something you never right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I was really excited about because we do have Jenna on the show, but she doesn't show that part of her life, and it's like, I want to see that part of your life. So I'm really happy that mel and the kids are on the show and we get to see that in the world gets to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thank you. It was I wouldn't have done it if they didn't say yes, because then what would it have been, Like two queer women on the show, they won't show their lives, and then.
Speaker 4: It would be Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think also sharing the story about your mom, you know how many people can probably relate to that. How has that been bringing bringing that part of your life up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gods to your relationship with your mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that that was Listen. I feel like I said, I should have reeled some stuff back. I shouldn't have been completely open and exposed. But so that was that was difficult for me. But you know, once again, it is a story that a lot of us share. You know, it is something of matter of life, like when you're queer, oftentimes you lose your family members, they don't come along with you and or it takes them years to accept you. And so I think it was important for me to share that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now you guys are taking a trip to Puerto Rico this season.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, I'm assuming that we might be seeing your mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, did you see the trailer she's in it? Yeah? Good.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, sometimes we get a lot, a lot of prank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know a lot.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the prank.
Speaker 2: We absolutely cannot with the prank. Once we found out that Bren was also in on the prank, then I was you know, I dealt with the prank until I knew that Brann was in on the prank, and then I was like, this is the worst prank ever because it's who's a pranking?
Speaker 3: Jessel?
Speaker 4: I fell for it.
Speaker 3: I mean other than Jessel and Tamra, I fell for it.
Speaker 1: I thought you all fell for it, though, Tamra I think you know, I found out early on as it aired that I you know, I knew, but but it was Yeah, anyway, you have to watch it all play out. Yeah, the next episode you'll you'll watch it all play out.
Speaker 2: But what are your thoughts on creating a prank around a storyline?
Speaker 1: You know, not my thing. I'm not, you know, I'm not into pranks first off, necessarily, but also, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that was quite a juicy prank and I thought, oh my god, watching Oh my god, Rebecca the quiet one is having wild affairs and pregnant with other guys, and I'm like, this is getting juicy, right, and then it was a lie.
Speaker 4: Well, also, I know.
Speaker 2: You don't check social media, so you are aware what the audience's response is to the prank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no, I'm not really you know, I've heard from some people that I don't know that it might not have fallen well, but I don't know, I haven't checked.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Rebecca was possibly doing it so she had something she would actually talk about? Because so far, she hasn't shared anything about scientology, really about other than you know, her business, which is amazing, But like, I don't know her.
Speaker 3: I know nothing about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah did you know her before the show? Did you know of her?
Speaker 3: Or oh yeah I knew of her?
Speaker 1: Okay, right, but you feel like you're not getting to know her.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to know her, and now the only thing that I've gotten to know about her is a prank right right, that I think affects a lot of women who struggle to conceive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I guess that's what SI said, right, Yeah, it's you know, listen. I wasn't a part of it, so I'm not going to really comment on on on whether or not you know what they were what they were thinking. I don't think that's how they expected it to land. I think, you know, I think it was all in kind of fun and just and like, oh, let's just do this so we you know, to get the leaky pigeon.
Speaker 3: But if I hear that word again, there's.
Speaker 5: Been so much pigeon talk from Uba. What are your thoughts? Do you agree everyone on the cast acts like a pigeon? You know, so what the hell does a pigeon act like, well, so this is yeah.
Speaker 1: So that was the thing. I was like, I'm a New Yorker. I mean, pigeons are like I feel like they get a bad rap. You know. Well they you know, they were brought here as carrier pigeons and they were wild at one point in time and we domesticated them and then we just let let them to the street and so they're but they would carry the you know, messages, so they weren't always incorrect or they were not incorrect at all in their messages. So I don't know. So, you know, Uba has her little thing and so she decided they you know, to use pigeon and we went with it.
Speaker 3: But now, who do you think that you're close other than Jenna.
Speaker 2: Who do you feel like you immediately bonded with on the show?
Speaker 1: Mmm? So, I mean I think I've bonded with with Aaron actually, which is kind of interesting. That definitely didn't expect that, but it kind of makes sense when you think about it, because we're both like to New Yorkers, So there's a there's a sensibility around being in New Yorker and a toughness that you get right growing up here. And so so we have a lot even though there's a you know, definite age difference and lifestyle difference. I mean, she grew up in Manhattan, I was in the Bronx, and like a seventies girl from the Bronx. It's a it's very different, but there's enough to tie us. So I think she's the one I've probably for the most part, bonded with the most.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did how did Mel and the children react to the idea of being part of the show and how do they like feeling? I mean, it seems like Mel she just she just seems cool. She just goes with the flow she does.
Speaker 1: She just goes with the flow. She has a wicked sense of humor, and I think, you know, it comes out it's she was a bit freaked out initially because she's like, this isn't her world. I mean, she's a forensic neuropsychologist for goodness sake, like you know, so to be uh, you know, in front of that many cameras. I think, you know, at first she was like, oh, what am I doing here? I don't know that this is a good idea. But then she warmed up and she was she's just herself and you know, she's an awesome, awesome person. I'm so excited that everybody's down to meet her and love her as much as I do.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us more about what exactly she was saying about abes lesbian sensibilities?
Speaker 3: Because I was wan, boss, look confused.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what does that mean exactly?
Speaker 3: I was like, hold on, I'm on Google trying to figure it out. But I'm not a neuroscientologist or what. I don't know.
Speaker 1: A neuroscientologist. Scientist. Now that's gonna be what's out there online? A neurosis?
Speaker 4: Do we get any scientology talk.
Speaker 3: What Mel was talking about? First?
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny because they had their own little private conversation at Jessel's party, and then she came back and she was like, oh, Abe has all these ideas for our parties. I said, what is he a lesbian? Like? What? He has? The perfect the perfect perfect Okay, right now he's our lesbian wedding planner. But yeah, I think you know, and he's listen. I think it was really brave of him to be super honest about, you know, his sexuality.
Speaker 3: And I was just.
Speaker 4: Gonna say that we talked about it last week that it was.
Speaker 5: It's a big thing to come out and say that as a man, especially Mary Dan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very proud, exactly, yes, because you know, it is something that a lot of men do think about, but don't. I mean, rarely are you going to hear someone you know admit to it. So I think it was all right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who do you think is officially like the biggest potster?
Speaker 2: Because the way that it reads is that it's it's bread.
Speaker 3: But she's so tongue in cheek that like sometimes.
Speaker 1: I mean she's she said it herself. She likes to stir the pot, so she's definitely the biggest potster.
Speaker 2: Do you think she's like that all the time or primarily when she's on Real Housewives of New York City.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You know, it's funny because out of all of the like women on the cast, she's probably the one that I've gotten to the least. Yeah, So I don't know what she's like. Yeah, yeah, which is interesting, right, Yeah, I think that. Yeah, I don't know. I haven't really gotten to know her that well. Like I hang out with cy and Uba and Aaron and Jenna, and but you know, I'm having dinner with jessel tonight, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that because brand hasn't really made an effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe I haven't made an effort. I don't know, but you know, and she travels a lot, so maybe that's also a part of it. I travel a lot, you know, I don't know, but you we haven't. So I haven't really gotten to know her on a personal level in.
Speaker 2: That way because we're seeing a bunch of her trying to like self produce or produce other people, like we saw it with Rebecca.
Speaker 3: She tried to do that to you at all.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. No.
Speaker 4: Do you know any of the ogs? No?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't know any of them?
Speaker 1: I know no one in this universe. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then what are your thoughts on the uber drama? You had your own car drama this season already, which I was like, I got a little confused by.
Speaker 3: But do you think Aaron was actually calling Jenna poor? I'm like, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But I don't think she was calling her poor, But she was trying to say, like, hey, you know, I paid like two hundred and fifty bucks for an uber for you, you never paid me back. I think she was just trying to be funny about it. She wasn't trying to call her for I mean, we all know Jenna's not poor.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, But who in New York doesn't have the uber app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I guess apparently Jenna.
Speaker 3: Jenna j Apparently people with really expensive cars?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, good for her.
Speaker 2: But do we see any more about scientology or anything like that with Rebecca Minkoff?
Speaker 3: Are we you know we're seeing what we're seeing?
Speaker 2: I you know what?
Speaker 1: I I can't. I don't even know how to answer that, because I know she shot a lot of scenes that I wasn't around, so I don't know. Maybe you know it's possible. I don't want to say no, and then suddenly there is like some matrix she discussed with someone. So I don't know entirely if you're going to see something or not.
Speaker 5: So after failming your first season, yes it's not quite done. You haven't done your reunion yet.
Speaker 1: How do you know that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So are you thinking like, yeah, I want to come back or geez, I don't know, this is a lot or what are your thoughts now that you film your first season?
Speaker 1: You know, I think I don't know. I think I'd come back. You know, it was it was easy, It wasn't it wasn't bad. Yeah, I don't know what to compare it to. And I'm honestly I was just being me.
Speaker 5: So it's just like, well, that's the best kind of housewife is one that's just her acting you need?
Speaker 4: Yes, the one that's open and honest and not acting. The best type of housewife.
Speaker 2: Well, because there's a rumor out there that two of the women in the cast refused to be in the same room together. Now, can you tease anything on.
Speaker 1: That, Well, I think you probably can guess who those two are from the very beginning of how the season started. Sometimes anyone's imagination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you were to place everybody on the couch, what would the order bee?
Speaker 1: Now you're asking me something I know nothing about.
Speaker 4: Okay, I's never done a reunion.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, Supposedly the person that's most involved are on each side of Andy most of the times they're at issues, and then it moved. I mean, this is all hypoth there's no actual science to this, but that's how everybody expected. Like example, Tamra and Shannon were the most at odds this season, and they both sat next to Andy and then it goes down to the least involved on each side of this.
Speaker 4: Is that really how it goes or maybe it's color coded?
Speaker 3: Do you really know that? You really know that?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 1: Oh boys? So if I end up at the end of the couch, I'm like screwedbies.
Speaker 3: Newbies normally do I was always middle of the couch and I still got the boot.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but the newbies usually are at the end.
Speaker 3: But who would you.
Speaker 2: Say if you were to guess who are the first two seats and.
Speaker 3: Frind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I imagine if that's if that's the logic behind you know, the seating arrangement.
Speaker 3: All right, I got a life.
Speaker 5: Your reunion filming is coming up close. I wish you all the luck in the world on that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, better you than me.
Speaker 4: It's not an easy day. It's a long day. But we have one piece of advice.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you haven't pick your dress already, you sit for like twelve hours.
Speaker 3: So you do not.
Speaker 2: Want to pick something that you're going to be in pain the entire time, right, because then it is very it's very hard to fight and pain.
Speaker 4: No, it's not speak for yourself.
Speaker 1: Also, something not super tight, just.
Speaker 3: Like you want to be somewhat comfortable.
Speaker 1: I want to be able to lunch.
Speaker 5: And sometimes it's cold there, so you want I always went slaves because it's cold.
Speaker 1: Oh but see, I'm at that age where I kind of am hot all the time and.
Speaker 3: So me too, me too, So you.
Speaker 4: Know what, I'm over that age.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Well, where is anything that you want to plug before we say goodbye that you want people to to know about you or to follow or purchase or you.
Speaker 1: Know you Yeah, no, I'm not promoting anything but myself.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: You got me, Yeah, I you know. Listen, I just watched the show. Give us, give us some, give us a couple of or at least, you know, I think it, like you said, people are like, eh, wavering or whatever. Listen, I promise you it gets better. And it's like the ending is not a prank. I've heard people say, oh now we think this might be another prank. It is so not.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh yeah, I'm excited, can't yeah yeah, all right, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: It was great seeing you again. I'm sure you want me too the last see you at Bravo Kan twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming on the twat seat.
Speaker 1: Oh most definitely. That was like one of my favorite words growing up.
Speaker 3: So I'm down to I love it all right, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Bye bye bye bye