Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcasts. He's a legends every Queens rapper. He ain't sagreed as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as d J e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks Chancy Days New Year's CST. It's time for drink champions. Drink up? Mother? Would it good? Be hoping for? It? Should be? It's your boy n A O N A. What up is d J e f N. That's the tap the crazy world rink chaps. Now, now we got two legends. I did not see this collaboration come in. I heard the album, and the album sounds exactly how I I thought it was supposed to sound like hip hop, and I think you got even a record that called two thousand. Now that's what the funk. This shit sounds like. It sounds like nineties now like the nineties is. Now we got one of the best producers of all times of the one of the producers that's on my first album. He got to know the very first, I wasn't even normy. I believe I was component Noriega. Like I believe they called us Compona Noriega, like if we didn't have a Noriega by myself and he didn't have a compone by myself. And then we got motherfucking one of the best lyricists in the world. He's been getting money taking labels checks for a long time, sir, And we're gonna get into it because he had a fight with Shack on the shoulder recently, and we're gonna get into it. I want to know how did this happen? What a job? Record a record and just said keep it going. Nah, Actually it was. It was just shout out to Shaw. It was his cat from from overseas. He's just like, Yo, you're my favorite Rappo. Buck's my favorite producer. My dream is that y'all do a project. And we started to do it with him. I'm like, Buck, you with it. He said he had some money when it was come time, it was coming, it was going through. This guy started. This is like two thousand and seventeen. He was funding it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we funded it.
Speaker 1: This was like twenty seventeen. What's his name.
Speaker 2: They start Okay, it.
Speaker 1: Was like twenty seventeen, so I mean, Buck went in. We did.
Speaker 2: We did a couple of records.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, Buck, these Ships is coming out five, so don't really got if we can't really fund this project the right way, we're gonna do it ourselves. Let me let me any of those records on the album all they all okay, okay, years ago, cool, cool.
Speaker 2: The hell out of here, get out of here.
Speaker 1: We had it like two records at the end. But yeah, that's the beauty of it sounds right now, it sounds like we got done. Buck. I'm like, we could still listen to this ship after the million the times we heard it, and it's still so good. Right, we got some I'm saying, that's what I know. And obviously this is independent, yeah yeah, sure came out through Tech nine and Travis so Gwynn oh yeah, Virget distribution, RGI, the group and we flew out there and meet with Tech and them niggas like eight twenty seventeen, like and this is just coming down there, man, you gotta start putting music out. Did the deal with straight finished the project, like no a good good music last, and it's like it's toimless. It's like you could put it on it and it's like, yo, you know what eight years from now and it's like and Norman, this would be like, yo, mom, if you drop Normy's songs, like you know, all the Pharrell's songs, like every Snory song from the nineties, like it's Thomass ye yeah, yea. Because I'm what the call came on the other day on the radio when your girl was looking, Oh yeah, I like this right, no age he tell me ask you buck. You know our brother Fad. Joe has a great show that's happening right now, Joe and Jada. The biggest thing about Joe is everyone says he's capping. He was just talking about that. You know him for years, you know how longer than not talking about that. What do you a? No cap? No cat's exaggeration. It's not that. It's not it's a little wight exaggeration, yeah, like ten percent, but it's no cat. It's no cat. Yeah. People eat it up. People be like, yo, you know what, yo, what that nigga is capping? Like he's leaning into that point. It's somebody on the internet right now that says that they're his uncle. And I don't. I don't know if it is or not, Like uncle, you got to stop. And it's like it's so interesting. I click on another car and I don't want to ask to him. I don't want to ask the guy. But so you say, Joe's no cap, no cat man. Okay, okay, let's let's let's give one story though, all old stories. I believe ninety nine percent of them, just the high school one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wanted to the bar.
Speaker 1: I want years old. He said niggas was helping him carry the ship out, like niggas helped me around. But I believe that, you know, right right, wanted he wasn't one of the niggas. We want to do two different schools. But it's like, yo, I believe, like you know a lot of that because you know, some exaggeration like ten percent sprinkler sauce to make people be like, oh you know he's tapping. Everybody knows Fat Joe serious dude, had always been a serious guy. Back then it was game. It was a fat gangster. He's a skinny got what Yeah, niggas stuck up as because you gotta be a foul dude to distick up your cousin come bro that's the Brox like living in the Bronx like Yo, this this happens, but like you know when the original Bronx. But when we met like in Queens like Yo, that was like Yo, you know, was spooky and I'm like spooky like Yo. Those dudes is dangerous, like Yo foul because they've been in jail, been in jail like you. But it's like you're your your bond together, you know. So with meeting spooky like Yo, this is I was like Yo, this place is like Yo.
Speaker 2: That Frank is just like Yo block exactly.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you being a part of that legendary crew d I T C, Like how did that even come about? Huhm? It started with show Bus and Akay, Showman, Diamond show A Diamond show before was yeah before and then Finesse they did Finess album and we're doing Finess album and that's what signa. You know, it's a wild pitch and search right yeah no no, no, not search like it's too fun. Oh yeah. The album they did the album for like five hundred dollars is like technician peanuts and it's like yo ag was introduced to show you know what I'm saying. And then you got Showman a G and it's like he met from battling thing, battling finesse.
Speaker 2: Who battle for.
Speaker 1: That's yeah a G Okay okay, it's like Payton versus Okay. You know, so you know, you see what you've got. You know, he spit and you know, a G spit and you know, back and forth, and you know it's like yo, he nice and matter of fact, everybody came like after like me big al oh, fat Joey, Fat Joe was.
Speaker 2: So who was the first people it was?
Speaker 3: It was he said Diamond, Diamond, and.
Speaker 1: You know Diamond bought fat Joeman and before a G, No, we skipped a G. When a g ag is like the same time, okay, okay, okay, and like me O c big alcause you know, all the rest of them is like yo, that's that's history. And then Premiere came down the line mans like yo, Man is like the original. Okay. So when they did Funky Technician from always thought this, yeah yeah, yeah that was only DJs knew that ship Man, you slip in the bronx, get the fun out of here.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: This is this is the hip I breaking news he went to the Bronx had but it's like Brooklyn and then it's like he lived in maybe Ogden Avenue in the Bronx and that that was it. Oh I never knew that. I know, he's part of digging in the crazy crazy And then who came up with the name, who said, let's call this collective d I T C. I think that came from from Showman Diamond digging, you know, like finding out you know, oh we're digging. Oh yeah, we're digging in the crates and you know it's stuck. M legends were born. But you know, cool for real, Like that's always like a staple where it's like, you know, we did correct. It's it's like no cap no, you know how you say nor ship. It's like they want to have the but we want to have the best beats and the best songs.
Speaker 2: And it's like that's what it is he.
Speaker 1: Did for Crates dig four Crates Crates Ship. But I don't know, I don't know different, but I say legendary. So boom, let's take it to you. So, so how did you how did you get started in this game?
Speaker 2: I just man, I got started.
Speaker 1: Pain. We know that you was and it was it was right now. I was Yeah, I was in the jail house group called seven up. He was like, who tang? Who called seven? It was all God body, That's why seven might work. Still to this day, I'm telling the gods got was missing in the game. That really is what's missing. I was just crazy that whole area everybody came through that made the impact with God. Body, make sure we get back to the beginning, because I just wanted to say something listening to this album the one man the Crazy Ship that I learned listen to this album and learned listening to your music, is that Tupac would have been your friend? Oh yeah, I would. I like listening to all your ship knowing that we had your book, and I was like, Yo, Sa gone in a crazy world gone, True life Tupac and I forget the two others that I named. It's like it's the Gasters street guys, but they have none and they're telling you don't like, don't your brother man. It's like it's like it's funny with true life. People don't know his name stand for the Righteous, uniting those living in the fantasy environment about that's the street bar. Actually like I loved music, like he got records with Jay Niles together, Snoop and all this, and I'll be just looking at him sometimes like how the funk? You don't put this out? Still, like you don't put it out like but if you listen to like he be dropping knowledge, you think it like it was so but Puerto Rican godbout it? What do you think? What do you think life would have been like had Tupac been alive during during your era? I wish because he had that lane open for that kind of ship. Like you was listening to more music. It wasn't just about no real you know, drill tough ship, trap ship. It was more so you had to have some kind of message ship. And that's what hip hop was. Man.
Speaker 2: When we grew up on hip hop, we were.
Speaker 1: Listening to ex claim and ship like that. They came about reading I went to school talking about he was like, I know, I was saying, we used to brag about having no gold with downions, no gold, no pig, Somebney buddy him with some black ship and then brand Nubian brand. You look at poor righteous teacher hell those guys. So that's when I was looking up to their motherfuckers like yo, even though I was in the street D four woundand doing dumb ship when I got when I picked up a pen, I was like, you know, try to be like one of these motherfuckerdrop. I thought I was one of the Jungle Brothers and some ship and they just never left. Like so when I as I evolved, I just kept I kept happening and I had to have social commentary in my ship. And another thing that happened in jail one time one day because I did have the gangster ship when they am in the yard and I'm your father, Yeah, I was in there killing you'll only.
Speaker 2: Go bust my gun.
Speaker 1: It was ship and they walked up and he's like, yo, you like to hear something because everything you rabbing got your monkey ass in here? He said, you like, yo, what I like it in here? Like I said, you like your hair. I never heard the nigga say like your hair, you know. And I was like, hey, fuck like and ship for the birds. He was like, well, you spend everything that got you up in here. Everything you talk about is the reason you hear right. I'm like, damn, I never looked at it like that, And that made me kind of be conscious to that when I was writing ROMs, like, you know what, because it's kids that look up to us, kids emulate us, and they want to be like us. So I'm like, I'm gonna be a little bit conscious of it. So there was a balance, like and honestly, when I went full positive, that's when my career went tank. That's when niggas, you can't go full positive. Now you can't like the preacher. I gotta believe the preacher. I got to see the smoke a joint like like you know what I'm saying, Like I got like, you can't do you can't be perfect, Like you know what I'm saying, Like Twin Twin saying Friday like I only trusted when he asks for some bod I was like, all, I trust a preacher, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, you got to have a little bit. That's why five was thirteen X was very successful. There was thirty X did not go to the people who were perfect, right to the people who was mistaken, who were mistaken, and so easy to fix a person who already has a mistake that you identified that mistake, so you know what I mean. So that's the reason why teach niggas math for dice. So niggas thought they was gambling, but he's teaching the mathematics. Wow, sitting there thinking they're gambling, but he's teaching the mathematics, that's saying. So he was using Yeah, he was using the that they to really give the mathematics. What's interesting? What's the bronx really? Uh? The city of the Gods at one point? Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, so Joe, Joe ain't capped with that crack, but they probably was calling him that because it's like he's from Godsville. Yeah, and it's like, you know, Forrest is like that's the name, and it's like, yo, he had a rep. And it's like the rep grew bigger, and it's like, you know, like he grew bigger, and it's like, Yo, that's exploded. You know what I'm saying. Right right, let's make some noise for the god crack came along. Man. That's a good context. It is well because when you put it in that perspective, I can see it, like you can see that, like you said, god, body everybody know Joe, like Joe hung with like pistols from my block. Yeah, piece from my block and which one here? Black on the black okay, Latin one. Yeah, but the reckless Pistol Pete, like Pete went to jails like fucking you know, in and out of jail. It's like all of them, all them dudes with like yo, you know from this like you know they are you know, they are like Joe and it's like Joe saved like Pistol, you know what I'm saying, Like yo, he was like yo, you know what when Pistol came home, Like I went to the studio to see game and I was like, yo, what's good, like you know, YadA, YadA, YadA, So like yo, you know what. It was dope because it's like stay out. Yeah, that was his like even though like you know, he would do things like Yo, this is this is this is where you want to be, you know what I'm saying. And that's it all right and now you're killing all the rats kills. Didn't you work on Sean album? Yeah? How is that like?
Speaker 2: Working with Sean?
Speaker 1: Sean is? Sean is real cool? Like he'd be by himself Sean. Yeah, okay, he shot to Jamal Jamal's kids from Jamal Barrows.
Speaker 2: He was a wild kay though he was always a little recles.
Speaker 1: But all of all the known rappers like Famous from Bronx, no, not from Bronx New York, like you like all of them famous, like yo, they put him work right, and it's like that's the thing where it's like now rappers would be like yo, you know what I'm rapping. Now, It's like yo, let me go put and work. But it's like, yeah, I didn't supposed to work before that. Yeah, you waschool like hustling backwards way back.
Speaker 2: He doesn't exist anymore. I understood that.
Speaker 1: I was on the phone with Max B yesterday two days ago, and Max we was on phone for.
Speaker 2: About hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Bro like just and he like, yo, Bro, I gave seventy seventy five years.
Speaker 2: Man, he had year I had say.
Speaker 1: Like right, he did twelve twelve now like I got eight weeks left by years.
Speaker 2: He just you know, he laughed like he.
Speaker 1: Wullieve that, sis, I said, yo, And he did it eight piece before he became Max B. So he did eight years, came home, got home and then got caught up in that ship. So God just God gave him another shot, like we had him on drink champs, and I asked him. I was like, you think you can compete? And I don't think he liked that question. But it's an honest answer, right, because when you were in jail, like like one thing about Sean, he was just speaking about Shine like it the the first records, Like you could tell College kind of rushed the record.
Speaker 2: You could tell that Sean had a step behind.
Speaker 1: You could tell like if he gets if you if you waited two more weeks, you know what I mean? And like a similar So that's the thing. What do you think about maxb You know what I heard? I heard some music he's been doing in there because he got a studio and shipping. Then he got got a whole studio in itself. Bro the nigga.
Speaker 2: He got some fire ship Bro, and he's like, I.
Speaker 1: Got four hundred quality songs like bullshit, not a bunch of He's like, I got quality records. He's gonna do good because people as anticipating them. But the song I heard sound great, like he sounds he didn't miss a step, you know, sound like you know vibs Cartel had studios that Bob had pro to videos. Girl, you know I didn't realize how big he was until he can't until he got out. Jet I knew he was popping when he got out and he sold out the motherfucking Barclays in the garden. I'm like, let me, let me let you know how I know how pause how big he is. Everywhere I go, people coming to me and go, what World Boss, Like good job with the World Boss. I'm like, like, I don't know what the to say. Like they get straight to the point, like I don't really know you you know what, But you interviewed the world Boss. And I'd be like, okay, I'll be like I'll take the compliment world Boss, like you're the boss of the whole world. God damn he's that. I'm the world Boss. So that's ship. One time. I know we spoke about this, but one time, and I love the fact that y'all speak now. But where was the actual problem of you a mob deep in the S O B ship you I went to C T O N Y I was. I didn't want to go.
Speaker 2: I knew I have smoke with them niggas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, I never seen Compona norig alive niggas Like nah, Mob Deeper is opening up I don't give a fun play the cut, and once once y'all get on stage, I'm out of it. I'm like, why time they going be going? So i just want to see them and ship. And then some fucking Peter Rosenberg was like, nah, you got to do your single. You gotta single, you got to represent and I'm like, right, I'm like to take the place. Take the place for that, trust me the whole, Please the place for that. You know, it's crazy. We were separated and it was and this was like the first time in New York City's headline and overwhelmed. I wanted to see t O n Wild.
Speaker 2: So that's one of my favorite hip hop songs.
Speaker 1: So but let me ask you, right, so everyone knows how that ended, right, but how did y'all initially get together and squash it? Because he was gonna before he died, we was getting on the phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It was like listening up because we was friends before that. A lot of people don't realize me and prod we was in friends, but we was.
Speaker 2: We was cordial.
Speaker 1: It was cordial, and then ship happened with true That's what got me.
Speaker 2: That's where it started, what did you do? True Rob?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he paid them for a verse and Prodigy used a verse on another song. So he was like, either give me, give me the money back, or give me a new verse.
Speaker 2: Which is fair? Which is fair?
Speaker 1: And he started like like not picking up the phone, is it Like I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: He started doubling them something like they think.
Speaker 1: Once he started saying that was like.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you us.
Speaker 1: We should do that. Back in the days, we used to be like, well, being a studio session, somebody would have a back for us. We didn't want to write the round real quick. So we just infamous for that. I know this because I'm a mix tape so I've seen it all the time. Let me tell you something. The other day was Na's birthday, right, so they start tagging him on all like like his freestyles that he had and I had like three or four freestyles.
Speaker 2: I was like, all of these shis is on my album.
Speaker 1: I was right on this. I don't know some nigga be wasting some fire. I'd be like, yo, I would have kept that ship for a song. You don't see a nigga rapping on the radio and the should be better than songs and ship like you should have kept you giving away the good ship. Your ship said, like ship they purposed the first song that Prodigy verse it was it was dope.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: MG rat true what What's true?
Speaker 1: Life said, Oh, it was dope record. So he never replaced the verse and he didn't even get mad at that point. He got mad when Son stopped replyings. He just kind of pretty much was like because he was like, if you won't give me a new verse, because someone's like, oh my bad smoke a lot.
Speaker 2: That's Peter probably like.
Speaker 1: Y'all be getting He probably was right, yeah, y'all smoke a love for God that I even use that ship. He was like, I got you and give you a new, brand new ship. Someone's happy. He was like, say less and then a couple of weeks past and you know, some whatever, a couple of months and then he just stopped replying, so he said, I'm catch up with him? You know, did he catch up with learning the industry? Like, because you think these guys are your friends. At first, you think like, like you know what you showed the love that you showed them to show When you actually realized that and you realize that these guys are pieces of ship sometimes all the time. Sometimes that person would just forgot you know what I'm saying, But like like I can understand. So then what happened when True like finally saw them caught up but he ain't catch peing and how he caught like the whole infamous mob niggas they caught him on Green Street studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they robbed him and they.
Speaker 1: Stripped niggas naked and pistolhip Alchemis did a lot of foul ship, like you know what I'm saying. It was a little extreme for that, but you know I saw niggas was on you know what I'm saying. And then so I was get because I was with True every day. I'm like guilty by association, like, oh that's his man type shit. So we were bumping to them niggas and they're like, yeah, what's up? What's up? Man?
Speaker 2: Like you know, you know what's sod.
Speaker 1: I'm on you know what I'm saying, because I'm cool shot, But that's my brother being True. I know Truth is our teenager, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, that's my brother. So you know what I'm saying. So one thing led to do another to the point and then they try to say we was burning mall deep CDs on We had a stack of CDs. They should just happened to be one of them. So we burned everybody ship like all this shit is garbage. That's when we was being reckless, Like we kind of invented a lot of shit that's on the internet now, like the ship niggas doing they trolling, We was doing it on DVD. You know what I'm saying. You know true staff Champagne Rose, he selected I want to take pictures with the niggas dollar. It's a dollar to take a picture with his niggas. Jewelry was fucked up. So then I was guilty by association. So they was like, yeah, we're gonna We're gonna get you when it happened. But because nothing actually initially happened with y'all. But what was it for s obs that all them niggas got on stage while I was on stage? I wan't put nothing happened with y'all prior to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, one.
Speaker 1: Time, one one time time, were about to get it on, okay, and one of the niggas had a hammer and they was like, yeah, we could kill you right now. I'm like, nigga, a good day to die, Nigga, I ain't. I ain't no cow, like what's up? And I was ready to go. You act sickam all your act them. I was ready to go. And then but it ain't. Nothing happened. So but I knew now that that's when I knew we had a problem because I'm like, I want to talk to Prodigy and his man just trying to like put his arm in front of him like so I'm like, so, what's up with the hand say nothing, always putting to be like, yo, that's my man. And he didn't say nothing. So I'm like, oh, maybe you don't fuck me no more. So from that point on, things just didn't go right because he affiliated you Tube with the True Life Ship. So then when when when the niggas got on stage, I was like, fuck it. I thought they was gonna speak touse living no angle lie. I'm like, I'm gonna get minds off.
Speaker 6: And I told y'all was together. Yeah, everybody did that because that's how close y'all were. Nigga like it was cruel out. I was like, oh, like that.
Speaker 1: Because niggas don't see thee Before they got on stage, they started with everybody on stage. I was up there by myself when by the time they showed the video, it's fourteen motherfuckers on stage, and I'm looking around like who are these niggas? But I keep rapping, you know, and then like I'm thinking, these niggas like this, they like this. I'm like, oh, this is and I've seen my man Prince who I grew up with, who's Havoc's cousin, and I'm like something, what is this? Like what's going on? He's like you good son, you good? You problems? So I was like, oh, fuck it, maybe it is love until it was time to get off the stage yoked me up, so all right, so it's popular. So then we got it. We started fighting, and that was the dumbest ship. That was dumb, like when you could be too brave sometimes because had I not, had God not been with me that day, they would have stomped a fucking mud hole in my eyes. Think about it, when y'all was running around right seeing in with y'all man deep murdering unit and all that. But nigga would too deep and would have snuffed you. What would have happened to him? Nigga probably died like and I thought I was gonna I was either I was like they were gonna kill me or they gonna hurt me real bad. But one thing they're gonna say is this niggas this nigga went out And that's that dumb mentality. It's a civil mentality. In hindsight, I wouldn't do it today. I wouldn't do that. I'm saying that, but if I was in my right state of mind, I'd be like, no, I ain't doing that. Ship shot your shots that anything could happen. Did y'all everythink and I'm gonna ask you don't thank God? Nohing yeah show on both sides. Did you ever think that will have a day where we were talking about Cameron and Mate, excuse me name Dame after Cameron and Jim Jones was beefing after Jim Jones and Dame was beefing. Now that Cam and Dames beefing, do you ever think that, like you like com home to unite hall them. Everybody said, everybody get a clean slate, everybody get a clean slate. When I come on needed he does know how to deliver a great interview. Oh yeah, deliver great entertaining. I couldn't tell they was going to scrap at one point, you got to do that, told me me as knowing Dame and me as knowing Charlotmage. I wasn't worried at all. He wasn't. Yeah, I wasn't at all. I'm like, that's a little spicy. They getting a little spicy talk like I'll punch you in the face the side, like turn the cameras on. But they took pictures together afterwards and everything, so like you know, Dame, Dame definitely know he's polarizing. That's one thing I give him credit for. He gave a lot of dudes opportunity. Man, And he wasn't you started the rocket for at one point? No, I was, I was going. I was going. I didn't know I didn't know I had the opportunity until Randy actor to the fact that let you. I said, what then say? He said, I should have let you do the jigadale? He said, he said it was a jigger deal. You didn't know.
Speaker 2: He said, you had ready to the Atlantic deal.
Speaker 1: I said, man, I could of got out of GM.
Speaker 2: Jay could have made that ship go away.
Speaker 1: Like that with Retrospect. At that time, Atlantic was like direct in competition with Depth, and they were they were trying to like, well, so who's that because they had the whole cra Okay, you let jay Z do his thing over there, and I'm like, yo, son, I just played we can go over here with with Jay. I'm like, this should makes sense. We got the record, but I didn't know that there was an opportunity for a day because I used to be in Baseline every day, so it kind of seemed like I was on Rockefeller. I'd be in there with Bleak and Murder and Bonn and all the niggas every single day. So I felt like I was even though I was on a different label, it felt like I was still Rockefeller out We do our records together and so it was all good. It was like a family. So you know, then when ship went south with when they left, when they when they left Atlantic, that's when I was like, I don't want to be here because g and Hop left within like a year, right, so I'm like I want to be I don't talk, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Atlantic, he wasn't there.
Speaker 1: He had was in.
Speaker 2: Craig was running this ship because.
Speaker 1: They grew an industry, like when' what's the move? What's the movie? Paper soldiers? The other one stay property, state property too. Like they got an eighty Like when Beanie went to jail, like I gave him an eighty thousand dollars clearance from what the thug about? And they was like they was beef and it's like, yo, you know what He's like, Yo, how you gonna tell me? You know, my producer, like you know, blah blah blah, and it's like yo, he was like, yo, give it to him. Like you know, he was like, yo, you know, beans need a favor because they got beans beans in court and they got to get up all the money, you know, so to pay his legal fees. And that was that was deeva. It's like, yo, eighty thousand all right, said you had to give up? No, no, Like the Clarence was eighty thousands, okay, okay, you know like a Clarence used ten fifteen. Ye. They was like, oh, you know it's an eighty thousand dollars Clarence maybe more.
Speaker 2: Well it's a clear to sample sugar about about damn.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, Come on baby with one hundred grand and they took one hundred percent of the publishing. Jay Giles mand I was like, but back then you don't be knowing you just like it ain't my fucking money at throwing up out. You don't realize until recouping you like, yo, when you care about recouping, you care about you do records like that, Like you know, after twenty five years, I'll believe thirty years the records convert back to you. You do records like that, those never convert back to you, Yeah, because they get your wrap. Yeah, sure, like the J Jeals Man, it's like that will that will push your album, you know what I'm saying. And you can have you know, like Booty records on the album and it's like through one hot record that'll that'll make it move, you know what I'm saying. And that's that's what it's for. Like sometimes it's like, Yo, you know what I didn't play this sample or I played this sample? Is they took everything and it's like, yo, that's it. Like Isaac Hayes did that with Faith record you produce, Yeah, they got eighty poppers in the publishing. Dam what else? I don't need him. Jesse Jackson took all the.
Speaker 2: Publishing Jesse Jackson, Yeah, Jesse Jackson.
Speaker 1: Jesse Jason ran for president.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, Jesse Jackson, you said Jackson DJ CO.
Speaker 1: But like I had a lot of clearances, like even though people don't know, like yo, what you've done. Like I had a lot of clearances and like movies and stuff, it's like, yo, it's insane. So it's I was like, yo, Sean, you know what it is? Like, Oh you know, yo, he won one hundred percent? All right, cool, you know at least I got. I got the other part, you know what I'm saying, Not the publishing part, but you know, the sales part. So when they take on a hundred percent, you still get paid though, right oh no, no, don't produce it, don't get paid. It's two parts like either if the publishing and the master the mechanical, like mechanical, Like I got the mechanical because it's like it was public domain. So like I ate, you know what I'm saying, but I didn't eat. But it's like, you know, the publishing. I think what he's asking is for just making the bee. You still get paid, like you're making work for high No, no, not not publishing like it originally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the label has to pay for the clears of the sample, but for you to actually make the beef, you got to clear it something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of money, but like real, you know, but real, like yo, I got a lot of money just doing beats like then, because it's like I was turning out beats and turning out beats and all of them still.
Speaker 2: Play today, right, you know, to look, I got a lot of ship. So let me just tell you something.
Speaker 1: It was. It was one era like there's always like two producers, right, so it's like Primo and Pete Rock, right, Swiss and Timberland, and then I remember this one era it was just.
Speaker 2: Buck Wild and easy LP. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I found out easy LP record, which one is that it's a record called Come Again. Like I would do a record and then you'd be like, yo, you know what, I heard your record. I'm going to make beats and it's like and then he do a record like I remember when when.
Speaker 2: Sean ship, Like yo, I heard that ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn man, and that's that's going like you know the next week, you know, I want to rob and it's like, Yo, that was that and it's like it was like yo one l P one one buck Wild one LP one buck Wild and it's like, yo, that was on fire.
Speaker 2: That was that was a dope error.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Imagine you ever did a compilation together like A side and B side.
Speaker 1: We didn't. We didn't know, like yeah, like rappers competition like and today no niggas will be like, oh, you know, ain't no competition like we we like we'll be like, yo, you know what I'm yo, I'm gonna smash that ship. And that's what it is. It's like, you know, ain't no competition like yo, you know, yo, you gotta wreck.
Speaker 2: Don't care about the art no more.
Speaker 1: That the creativity that's the whack part about it, Like you don't hear music no more to make you be like, yo, this is inspiring. Man, I want to go.
Speaker 2: I need man, you don't hear that ship?
Speaker 3: Like music is being ages to be in the media sirt exactly like it where where you want the.
Speaker 1: Media to promote the music. Now it's like use music to just do exact media exactly. That's the beaute about your album is again it sounds like the culture, but then it sounds like now right now, I'm well aware of my age, well over in my age seven. So like that's that's the scary part for me. Is the reason why I kind of don't want to make music is not not completely, but this is one of the reasons, right, It is because I don't know if I lost my ear. This is what I mean, let me, let me, let me, let me finish, or do I just want to hear my type of music? Because like because I started to sound like that old dude like my day, Like I was like wait a minute, like hold on, hold up, like you know what I mean. So so like what I'm saying, like that's kind of inevitable, Like I want by luxury to get my son's room. I'm not knocking it, but I'm just like, am I become my parents because I'm like, listen, one of the biggest rappers out I don't understand none of that ship like Playboy CARDI.
Speaker 2: You ever listen to that ship?
Speaker 1: It ain't even like rat but it makes noises like you're not even Hendrick. I don't know about my kids listening to Kendrick. I'm saying, do you listen to Kendrick? Oh?
Speaker 2: I listen to and Drake.
Speaker 1: So when when you listen to Kendrick and Drake, you're like, yo, you know you tuned in, so you got your hand on a poster, like you know, hip hop, there's other ships, you know, kids we listen to be like, I don't know, I don't know what. I don't know what that ship is. I don't know what it's from. Like my son be like yo, putting putting songs in the car.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, Yo, what the fuck is that ship? Reason why I would?
Speaker 1: I would me personally would appreciate some new music from you because you always had your own style.
Speaker 2: You always ship your way like I used to be like Yo, Norri.
Speaker 1: You know, like nobody.
Speaker 2: Creation it is.
Speaker 1: I always try to be in my lane, but I don't know what lane going this time. It's like you but it's your lane, like you know, you let your mind get it million percent. Because it's something that I've seen young Thug. They said to Young Doug and it was like, Yo, why you ain't dropping music? And he was like, I just don't have the energy around me. And it's like.
Speaker 2: I thought of that.
Speaker 1: It's like sometimes like oh, maybe I'm scared of this generation. Maybe I'm scared of just catered to my generation.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like four four four was one of my favorite jay Z jay Z's album and it wasn't because it was the best jay Z album, but it was. It was because it related to this time. He spoke to this day in time. He didn't try to be a twenty year old rapper. He's trying to be a grown uh married, successful businessman and make dope raps. So that's the reason why, that's why he stated he did.
Speaker 3: Himself like he did what I'm assuming he did the music that he wanted to do that he appreciated.
Speaker 1: I know, sometimes it's not enough. That's that's what you can't put yourself. So like ship, you know, like you know what, I made the Ward report for us, but I had in mind that the world was going to do it. But if I would have made it just for us, the world wouldn't have heard it. You know what I'm saying about the world. But let me just tell you something. When I listened to the ward report, I'd be like, why the people even like this ship? We were talking and the queen slang like you. I didn't realize that what I listen to all that ship right now the same feeling. Like me, music is about a feeling, and I still get that feeling when I what was that ship you had?
Speaker 2: Think mom, thug was on that ship.
Speaker 1: Keep you remember that it happened to now. We were talking and he was like, yo, I don't know what you're talk about because we were talking about queens. So like the thing about it is, that's what's crazy about the world is sometimes you make something for your little block and that little world, the world that takes over. That ship Charlotte made said he used to call the old Queen's Bridge. They was in South Carolina, queens brand because you draw people into your world, not you. You be like, oh, you know, I'm gonna make this for the You don't behind in the parraale like them, and there me some ship, give me the Louis guitar. Yeat kidding me. I don't know how to ask for friends and family. I don't know to be that guy right now, brother, I know that Louis ship. You gotta you gotta get buying my own ship. No like you gotta point. I gotta get get And by the way, let's make the noise for real. For being the fucking Louis vuitar. It sounds like kind of cliche, but it's not. And he said, did you ever think that hip hop will take it this far? Like crazy? Ship is like yo, bro, just seeing Pharrell again living this big up Pharrell and big up to clips, like seeing them in the Vatican like a t K in my eye. Bro, that's crazy. Never think about, like not only think about for me, but think about for any artist.
Speaker 8: And then you sort the thing. You say, what the isn't clips drug dealers? Like how the are they performing in the vat Vatican? Make you so?
Speaker 1: And they're performing a song about their parents who passed away and there's no curses on this song. And I'm like, I'm like, they got the but de listen like they doing the super Bowl. I'm like, you know, I want to see j do the super Bowl just as to say, everybody kiss my ass, like because he could have been signed himself up to do it.
Speaker 9: About first you got enough other people?
Speaker 1: Bring me out? I would you want Ushige the record with you? Every jay Z is nice because it's like, yo, you know what they could go do it. It's like and he knows that he's gonna kill it, like now, I'm gonna be honest. I think that Brooklyn died of him. He got tired of people talking about this guy should have been on this stage and this guy, and he's like, listen, I've run this ship, and now show y'all I run this like. I think he got biggered to. They say it was called big eared. Yeah, the bigger him too much. And I think he said, Okay, I'm gonna show you how the crocodile bikes back. You know what I mean, because the pigeon is Chris pickering on the crocodile on the crocodile. And it's like, hey man, because that's what rappers ship, like, we gotta do.
Speaker 2: We gotta do rapper ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you know our show it's about giving people they flowers but they can smell them, do us where they can tell them it drinks while they can drink them, and they they smoke while they could smoke them. You know, we want to get you.
Speaker 10: Oh I got about the sack ship.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you he knows this, know that's right, No doubt is better than the Grammy because this bro so buck what what was what was your most unexpected, unexpected production, like someone called and wanted to work with you, and you like, get the fuck out of here. I got a lot of calls like that, okay, And Okay, that's a hard question. Okay, you know because everybody, everybody, like in my time, like everybody was reaching out and it's like, yo didn't know and YA was partying and all like having took the stones out, like everybody was calling, and you know, I was just, oh, you know, that's that nobody stands out and protect like who you were, Like, damn anybody you were nervous for the I would say probably Faith because it's like I was, I was doing R and B music, but it's like that's that's that's that's the record that I love you, that that was that ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Because j Loo wrote it?
Speaker 1: What really come on? Man? You listen.
Speaker 2: She wrote a part of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I think the hook like she wrote and it's like a couple of lines but a minimum like five percent on ten percent like she wrote. But she was in a studio with the face didn't write the song like Faith's just like yo, you know what, I'll take it. That's crazy and you know, it's like, well, I love you, I love you. I mean forget he did. His discography is crazy. DJ know, it's crazy, crazy discography, Bro, that's crazy. What about the big records though, and you record those a bad boy? Right? Bad boy? That is everybody everybody who was a big artist are recorded with them, except for fifty. Like fifty went off like you know, with Mike Tyson, like Tyson House, like he recorded over there, and it's like they was like, oh, you know, yo, this fifty record is crazy, and it's like, you know, I don't need them. It's like when in the nineties and two thousands, it's like if it ain't ringing like a single, I'd be like, yo, you know what, this ain't it right, But the streams and shit, you know, they show they show like yo, this is this is people's favorite record, you know, and that's crazy, right? All right? What about making a biggie records?
Speaker 2: Oh well, biggie, what joints you did it?
Speaker 1: Big? I got a story to tell. I kicked clothes for you. Yeah, that was that. It be he born in another beat like I had about seven and eight beats and he was like, oh, you know now you're doing shit. I like, and this was right before he died. But when he said, oh, you know, I got a song, it's like, you know, I was like, okay, cool, It's like this is the song that the.
Speaker 2: Locks want, and you know, the story to tell was for the locks.
Speaker 1: No, it was another beat, but it's like this, this was for the Locks. And when I got it, like, oh, ship, you know I was I was bugging. I was like, yo, you know what Yo? He just one verse and you know, people was like, oh, you know, just the hottest ship. Foxy said that ship. And I was like, Yo, this is this is cool. You know what I'm saying. You didn't realize. You didn't realize it was it was hard, and you didn't realize he was talking about Anthony Mason. Yeah I don't know, yeah allegedly. You know that was crazy. While it is being done, man, it's like I've done so many records, it's like yo, and you could attest to this like records fold over and it's like, oh, you know this is that. It's like this is out the windows, like this is on on to the next and that's what it is, all right, But so when did you realize that this record is a classic. After it dropped probably like ninety nine or two thousand, damn. Like after like after like you know, streaming, it's like I started seeing everything come to fruition. It's like you to realize it was a classic, like yeah, because it's like we was only like we Like for me, I lived in the Bronx, so it's like I would go on the porch and I'd be like, yo, you know counter counter cars is like you know, drop by playing my ship and I was like, oh, you know, and every like the streatment is like yo, everything came at once. You know, that's crazy. So you knew WOA was out of here because every car was playing whoa when that shake out, like whoa, it's like I seen it. But when I seen it, I was in the I forgot this, I forgot this club. But I've seen hole. It was like because he's he like he like we gave him a beat, and it's like, yo, get out of here here. Lenny, like Lenny as who's the mastermind, Like yo, he he took all the beats, like you know, he was like, oh you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna get this want to get that one and it's like yo, old us for JA, hold us for bleak or argue with the bleak, and it's like nobody wanted it, and you know Rol took it. I don't think nobody would have did it for him. Always say that, like nobody, nobody would would have tried to rap too much to do the world. When you when you got an artist, right, artist like Jay is like, oh, you know what, I gotta figure figure out how to conquer the song and like oh see o C Like you know, all the rappers you know is the same person. Like you know, they figure out, like yo, how to address this I'm saying and that, and that's what it is like. Even Mont, It's like you know what Simon says, It's like like the gods is a simple he he could have spit like hymnautical gases and ship like that. But you know Simon says as well, no, okay, I wish I did. Remember what happened with that record they got Yo. When when he when he my house, He's like, yo, you know what, I want you to hit his record? He drove all the way to the Bronx and like I just I just had done the beat for Woe and it's like yo. He was like, Yo, tell me, tell me what you think of this record.
Speaker 2: And I look and I was like, damn.
Speaker 1: Man, it's like he done it. You knew it was fire. He produced that too. No found that produced record. I think that might be the only one he did himself, the only one. Yeah, But that's how the record was huge. Know when he said he could have said hypnautical gases on it, he could have games. He's literally he did the right thing for that artist. It's like he'll he'll do the right beat for the right artists. And it's like, yo, you can't spit this on us. And it's like Simon says, it's like, yo, that's that fit.
Speaker 2: Perfect, that's the record right records.
Speaker 1: Still, I was on tour with Ouur March, which we need on drink Champs by twelve years ago man, and he taught me intimitted fast and back then, oh, twelve years ago. I was like, we came downstairs at the point it was this is this is this is he put together like like I'm talking about like slim trim and I'm like, yo, we're going to get something to eat. He was like, yeah, I ate yesterday and we just all laughed at this time. By the way we laughed, We're like, yo, what the yo yesterday? Like And twelve years later this ship to make the weight off. I had read How to Eat to Live already. I laughed at him, really me laughing at myself, Like I was like, he showed me the blueprint. I knew better. But but you know, we all overseas me in Germany and ship. I was like, I got Chinese mood in Germany.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm going together.
Speaker 1: We did the day before. We went here the day before and they had duck sauce. We were open. We didn't realize other people had dunk sauce outside of New York City, so we were like yo. We were like, yo, yo, you want to go to the next party? Like nah, they got stay at the same hotel. They got dunks over there. Then they got dunk. I just came with us. It was us, Paul marsh I'm gonna get who else but honest came with us. But so uh, I'm sorry this sounds so cliche, and I know we brushed on it earlier, but did you ever think that hip hop will actually make it this far? Never? Look, look billionaires like it was something for motherfucker to make think about what Jay was saying, eighty million, like I'm raping jump Jim till I'm the hundred million men like he was.
Speaker 2: That was the reach.
Speaker 1: We were like, yeah, millions, crazy man's penuts. Yeah, a couple. He's the most. He's the richest fucking musician. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Taking this fall to the top of the boller stones. Yeah, yeah, Like nobody funny the niggas that take act with some other niggas, Yeah, all them people. I'm stopped saying the word me and being bleak was being bleak when when I did Bleak podcast, we were talking about the scenes and I was just like, I made a post and I said, I think Beyonce might have surpassed Mike, like the greatest entertainer ever, Like, man, I got so much. He got me Mike alone, And Blee was like, nah, he said, me and Jay had that argument, Jason, now you bugging, Oh my god, man, I'm you're saying you gotta relax. That's Mike, And I'm like, but when you go back, when you look at the consistency though of Beyonce's career, because I went and did the fucking Mike last. Michael had like twelve year gaps in between his but you gotta count Jackson five. But he's right now, got Destiny Shell too. Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: But even though still like Mike had these bits, like you say, he got three monster albums that make his career off the wall, and what is it dangerous?
Speaker 2: Even bad?
Speaker 1: You can throw bad in it, right, And this girl don't stop man like, she's consistent. She doesn't turn to the cowboy out. That's one thing that she turned the cowboy. It's one thing that Michael got over. Kind of like everybody, what's that making niggas faint and ship.
Speaker 2: Niggas be dying?
Speaker 1: And Mike Ship Mike he had all that stretchers in the front. You never seen nobody else with stretches. He originated that. But Mike was a crib.
Speaker 2: You've seen that ship. Mike was the crib. Mike was crip.
Speaker 1: Well, dif that was the difference, Like, yeah, we had DJ Quick sit right here and we're like, because you know he yeah, he was walking this movie and I'm like, ya, I gotta ask you he goes because I believe this is the exact words. He goes them signs he was throwing up was not blood friendly. It was making Mike. And there's that rumor that he fought Park. You know, that rumor gets bigger and bigger, but it's not so real like that Mike just whipped his ass like was messing with.
Speaker 7: I think about it.
Speaker 3: Just wonder lady like yeah, talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeahs probing on the like just gonnaup on your phone so you le seriously, I can believe Michael fight. The guy told the store. You can't believe it too, because they said prince and they say he grew up getting as weapons so they seen the fighting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, your brothers not your parents. You don't learn how to fight and your brothers and you fight your brothers faking that's your brother you got you ready to pop on them?
Speaker 1: Joe funck them up. Joe fun them up. What I'm saying, Joe funcked them up. But Joe, Joe, you say you'll put your hands up. No, That's what I'm saying. So Joe was like the complete ass whooping, and the brothers like, yo, you know what this just ask what exactly wanted the talent? He whipped them niggas in the shape because the niggas talented the ship. You the step again, Manna, Like what lit fucking around even want? Don't do that again? Nah? They said he would making sure that they practiced. Had to get up in the middle of the night, like liter what's the most American idol? Ain't he a Jackson? Not American idol? Randy, He's not a Jackson. No, he's not a Jackson. Brandy Jackson. When Bizz, you know, following that fucking Internet, when Biz was sick, somebody posted your biz rest in peace, this markey, this market and somebody posted, yo, biz rest in peace, my dumb ass. Wanting to get likes real quick. Those want to be like I got the interest that recipe, I don't know. I don't posted a pit to the nigga your resting piece of the beers. Just Blaze came immediately say yo, just got off the phone. Bit Biz ain't dad Bro stupid as hell. He's like, Yo, do what the fun you doing? I was like, that's the Internet for you. You want to be first. Niggas want to be first to shit and get that get that engagement. They like, Oh ship, I got some, I got some like with the Dame dash ship. Look, I mean niggas is spreading that ship, but.
Speaker 2: Revoked ship.
Speaker 1: She was up listening to that live you should have called. That's how I knew it was a little bit of a cat because he wouldn't have said, I'm like everybody's. He would have threw me under the table. Listen. I'm expecting it, y'all, y'all good. I always been good with Dame. I always appreciated Dame. I always had love for Dame. We had, uh we say exchanged recently stick face Gary and then me and being Bleak. We all got on the phone. But what it was was we smoke like men. We smoke like men. I told him what I didn't like. He told me what he didn't like. We agreed to disagree because we did not you know, not me in the in the middle. We met. That's what the problem was. I mean, that's that's what solution was, and we we amended ways. And then I admire what he's doing. I admire him acknowledging bleaks. Yeah, that was the loyalty and Bleak because you know what it is is we have Bleak on here. And then like we kind of studied the algorithms of what happened and right now. To me, I know I'm going to sound crazy, but to me, like Jim Jones, talking is very important to me, Tony yao, talking is very very important to me.
Speaker 2: Uh, bleak.
Speaker 1: To the guy and to me, it's the year of the man that's saying. Next to the man, it comes to band this year, you know what I'm saying. So Bleak is like he's really taking on like Jay's whole monaricure, like like like like everybody, everybody that's saying something wrong about Jay. He knows Jay's not coming out of the house, and he knows he has a podcast, so he knows that he can actually delivered addressed.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, this ship came out out today.
Speaker 1: So what I'm trying to say is that's so smart to me, even though I gave him the blueprint and we gave him the distribution, but that part is like bringing people into his own world.
Speaker 2: That's that's his ship.
Speaker 1: He got good personality, man, person funny your funny god, dude. So what's what's your favorite part of the game. So I going, is it performing? Yeah, traveling, traveling, seeing different parts of the world that none of us will probably see he wasn't rapping. You know what I'm saying, You'll find yourself in one of the countries. You're like, what the where the fuck am I interested? He's the only one that ever sat traveling. That's the funniest part, the funniest part of everyone says they always pay promore in and performing, excuse me or recording.
Speaker 2: I like traveling.
Speaker 1: I mean i'd assume performing goes with the traveling. Not really. No, say, you can perform anywhere, but when you like me, I like to see him, which I'm not. I want you. That's why I'm sitting here messed up because now I'm traveling and I didn't realize how much. And I'm saying this with a with a grain of salt, and I'm saying this, I didn't know how much of a slave I was. I would never enjoy these towns.
Speaker 2: I would go there, perform.
Speaker 1: Do the version of the Breakfast Club, do that version of funk Flex, do they version of DJ And you know I know it. See the spot, I'm like, I see the part of Croatia and I was like, Croatia is nice, Like I've been to the foul water. I was like, wait a minute, like because and I was just there to work. So now that I'm traveling again and seeing the world, I appreciate it so I don't have to rush the soundtrack. I don't have to you know. Take a page from jay z book where it's like the reason why he flew like like was talking about like yo he took he like he takes fucking days where it's like they take days to reach theate destination. Jay Z beat there in the day, yeah you know, but it's like, yo, he soak up a lot of culture. He said, I'm flying over believe yeah, man, but that that traveling, yeah, to see in the world. Man, you know, not listen to me. I've never heard that. And when you just said that, I realized that's that was mine. It's because like right now, like I just went to Paris and I went there to run, but I was I was traveling and so many people are like y'all got to back for you, got a back for you, And I was just like I don't want to go to but I was thought about. I was like I reached my destination already. I'm here. I traveled here, like I actually don't we care about going in the club, and these guys don't have the order and all this ship like, guys, they don't have the I know everywhere, I know everywhere, like I.
Speaker 2: Know eighty five for yah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, people, we want we want.
Speaker 1: Ziro when you get with this. Herot's you know what I'm saying, we want that guy. That's hilarious, he said, Yeah, I'm not just take ship whatever. Man.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we're gonna do quick time with slime. Oh really, this is the drinking game. Drink water, you can zip it.
Speaker 1: I'm drinking.
Speaker 3: We'll give you two choices. Look, but we're gonna give you two choices. Pick one and we're not drinking. Say both are neither and were drinking. But just give us some stories, and you know, we just want to bring up people in places. All right, park are easy.
Speaker 1: That's a hard easy.
Speaker 2: He's the godfather, Yes he is.
Speaker 1: Like yo, he's he started the ship. It's true, he started start. What are you starting to think of the tree? The tree going? Let me just tell you how ill easy is. I know, no, even that tree reaches pop for sure. I've been listening to this album. I never really caught it easy, he said on his ship. He said, ice Cube right the rhymes that I say, crazy Holy Ship interview ice Cube, and I asked, And then if you look at the credits, I don't think ice Cube name is on there right around and it's Easy credited for Jerry hell Ship, Jerry heller Ship, go off what you want saying? Said Easy Easy? Yeah, wow yo, because he like Easy is the god. Like you know what I'm saying. It's like Park is like a worker, like he like he like he commanded, like you know, he taught us, you know what I'm saying, Like he he wrote like he ain't right, but it's like he commanded, like, oh you know, write the song. It's like you know, and that's said, like yo, you know he was a dude. And what's crazy is I believed Easy more than all of them, not even knowing that someone was. I guess his delivery was like you could tell, like it's intense, you could tell it came from him, and I feel would say Easy. Yeah. I don't know, man, I think because once once they left Easy, he went and signed on Bone Thugs and Home Andy. So he kept his career the business part of it, but his music after that, after that record was seven killed with this record. The people kind of you know what this record when he went to the White House and all I'm like, what fuck is this nigga? But I'm like, first thing gonna go to the White House, first thing gonna do, like almost everything is he let it from the f B. I did the first ones to get the rested on stage. Yeah, now that was that was Gusta Oh, which was mimicking in It's Crazy. Chris Rock was disrespectful for that, Yeah, blating with it to m Gusta Crazy before It's Crazy. That's my one of my favorite movies, bro, because it makes more sense now it is. Yeah, when you when you.
Speaker 3: When hindsight, the recipes are pocketing easy by the way, Diamond d or Lord Finess.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the one, Yo, that's a hard one though.
Speaker 1: Is a producer, however, you know I'm saying it's a producer. This is what advertaria you feel your mind is a producer, Lord Finess, get out of here over Diamond D Yo too. But with Diamonds Yo, he'spen ticulous with beats and Yo they come out crazy and Diamond is like yoikulous with songs like he made dope songs, So for songs is a rapper, it's Diamond. What I would have never guessed that because it's like, yo, Diamond, Diamonds are better rapping thawfulness, Yeah, because that's what. But like yo artist, like the person who's fits and stage show like Diamond d is flawless. You know, Diamond has first album class what I'm saying, and finesse the beats. Fucking I would have reverse that, Yo, U not not so suicidal thoughts the doctor dre beat, you know, and it's it's it's on and on and it's like you don't know where. It's like you know he's gonna end up, but it's like he like they both don't.
Speaker 2: But it's like Vanessa, is.
Speaker 1: That dude just like he got an extra he got an extra with like you know, it's it's you know, you.
Speaker 3: Know, we got to respect him because most people will said easily or not.
Speaker 1: He possibly don't knows better.
Speaker 2: But I would have never seen.
Speaker 1: A person put together syllables and punchlines like the way Lord for that, Lord for that can start like the first ball and then he first ball makes sense ball. He's dope. But Diamond is the rapper, the rappers, rapper, he thanks to songs, and you know, I think he's a producer, but it's like he's the rapper rapper. He's like, yo, you know what he's doping doing BC. He's like he can make like classics, you know, that's that ship and it's like, you know, a bunch of other song like more anthem, you know. But it's like Finessa's like yo, you know what he like. He he puts those hits together, you know, and it's like he'll be like, yo, you know what, Diamond like I would did this this way? It's like I would is this this way? Nobody better act? I would have definitely thought, yeah, we would have said, Vanessa's an MC. That's that's interesting. Vanessa's a producers like yo, people sleep on finess Like that's the only persons like yo. He hit everything that I don't think. I don't think people sleep on for nes. I think that he's a sleep as a producer. I think okay as a producer, but I don't think people doc I would think that his skills as an m C is so much at the forefront. A lot of.
Speaker 11: People time you don't remember or they forget, forget people don't know where it's like yo, if MC skills and producer skills like yo, I would go with with the producer first, because it's like, yo, he makes those hit records and you know like when Channel ten, it's like yo, he bodied that, and it's like yo, I'll be like Yo, how the fuck he did that?
Speaker 1: Ship? You know? And that's that all right? Big yell or biggie, both of you answers I'm drinking and that I'm drinking. I'm a big, huge, bigl fan. Too big because of the bars, right, and Biggie because of the hit records. No, I'm saying because like he'll he'll make you dance, He'll make he'll make it big, yeah big, you know that. That's that's his key. You know what I'm saying. He'll make the hot album be like yo, you know what. I'm listening to this from one to But he also had Diddy Man like did he one thing about did he he made everybody sound? No? No, no, no no no? Did he did? He would like pick the beat, you know what I'm saying. The song it's like, oh, you know that's dope. We're gonna run with this ship. But it's after every everybody done the whole the whole album. But it's like he gets credibly like, oh, you know, did he did the album? You know, he't do the album? He picked he picked a single, you know. But the person who's like yo being in Bad Boy, like sometimes like Yo, they'll let whoever be like YO, do your song. Oh you know, I'm gonna pick the single. Oh yeah. That's when when when Rob picked, when did he picked all Joy? He's like, yo, oh we're ready to go, ready to go, you know, the video and all, and it's like that's that's all. But you think about it. Look at every artist is after they stopped fucking with Diddy, how their music R and B as well, total one twelve, all these groups he had faith, you name him. None of them was able to none, None of them was able to maintain listen, None of them was able to maintain the level of quality music after they left Diddy, not one, not one individual. And who was they working with? The hitman dependent Like if you don't, you're gonna you're gonna find where the heat is at. It's like people when they left Bad Boy, they left you know all together. It's like they they wasn't fucking with nobody, and it's like, that's what it is. It's like when you when you when you can do the hits, man, it's like the main leave bad Boy and retired nigga. They still right, he wasn't landing. But when you, like as I said, when you work, and it's a difference. It's like no, we nor were working with Prell and not we working with you know, Buck Waller, E's a l P Forrell is going to give him that you know what I'm saying. It's like he's gonna give him the memorable joints and you know, like will give him an album. Cousin's like, oh, you know you told niggas how to rhym on Neptun.
Speaker 7: Niggas ain't don't even think.
Speaker 1: When we when we did, not we? When you did? What what that shows? It's like, Yo, you got the chorus already. Story how that hook came up as funny and that I was counting count like that's the hook. This is the profession of a producer, like a non producer, like he'll he'll he'll correct your mistakes and he'll bring it out of you. And that's what it is. It's like they didn't have that ran after. They didn't want the best an rs have a lived. You got to think even before Bad Boy, this nigme was doing Joey.
Speaker 2: These were some countries I understand, but they like, I'll do you.
Speaker 1: Even before bad Boy, you gotta stand and he did, Mary J. Blige, Jo Father m C.
Speaker 2: He was showing these.
Speaker 1: Motherfuckers really how to dress, what kind of records to do, like did He's you can't take nothing away from Paul MC is still touring too right now, ye biking them up like.
Speaker 2: When I'm there, and it's like it was like a fake.
Speaker 1: Big Daddy came to me. I never he came up first though he didn't. He came from Yo. These people, I don't know. I think so King was first. Let's let's look at look it up. Kane was first. Came King had to be first. Believe King. I believe so. I'm like Big Daddy, Father m C, like Nola Town like that. Nigga's trying to be kne when I've first seen his first video. Oh I don't fuck with this. I'm sure it's close. Huh damn, what are you typing? Bro? You were there, You're saying has like once upon a time following just rapping with Biers and all that, that was eighty six. Yeah, okay, three years. You see what I'm saying. Close.
Speaker 3: I mean back then that wasn't closed, but nowadays that would be closing, all right?
Speaker 1: So next one, Yeah, I think it's the photo se still on.
Speaker 3: Tour MPC three thousand or NPC two thousand, Excel.
Speaker 1: The studio.
Speaker 2: For the studio for them things.
Speaker 1: If if we got to, if we gotta go through the two thousand, in the three thousand, I will go to the two thousand. Okay, So me, who.
Speaker 2: Would you what would you prefer those?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not a producer like that, but you know how to use both machines, right, not at all?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you buck, producer or beat maker?
Speaker 1: Me? Period? Yeah? What do you prefer? Producer? What's the difference between a producer and the beat maker? He just made? Like a beat maker just makes beats and think and run. But a producer, like yo, he'll he'll sit there and it's like he'll craft it, like when we do CNN. I learned producing like yo, you know what? I learned how to cultivate be like yo, you know what just how the song re orchestrated, and that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Producer is like.
Speaker 3: Like a producer doesn't even have to be the one that makes.
Speaker 1: The beat in some instances, yeah okay. And he could tell be like, oh, you know you played us, you play this because it's funny. Well yeah, yeah, get this album with songs.
Speaker 2: And I hate you know.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm the best rabbit, but I'm think I'm a pretty good rapper.
Speaker 2: And he would be like, nah, that ain't it.
Speaker 1: Do that? Do that over and I'm like the overall worse, the bars, everything worse, and I'm like, son, this is fired. He like, trust me, I know your potential. I know you could do better. And a lot of producers just gonna give you the beat and let you do what as the fuck you want and then never you have to hear from the motherfucker again. And he was like, nah, you gotta eat. I know your potential. I know that that it ain't it, ain't it. And I would love me in the studio every single time. Every single time he told me that, I went back and I went back and changed whatever he told me. He was mad. Sometimes I thought my words was better I'm like, I had it. That shit was perfect, and he's like, nah, trust me and the songs we've done, it's like, you know this got me.
Speaker 2: Doing Ship four five. I'm like, I'm not doing this, sire.
Speaker 1: I think that's missing though right now, that people don't hear about the creativity no more. I don't want to say maybe eighties nineties that producer era. The producer was nineties and two thousands, the biggest ego in the room at that time, saying this is how it has to be done and getting the best out of the NBC as the artist.
Speaker 3: So you know, we we we kind of imagine now.
Speaker 1: The producer is quite scared of these artists now, like he's.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna they don't give a ship like.
Speaker 1: Scared of I'm just giving the bag marking out. You know, hold on, let me ask you just blaze, oh buck whow oh ship, Just blaze saying that, I said, for some.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's fun.
Speaker 1: You gotta say both. Let's take a drink. Yeah, say I'm gonna say both. Just blaze, man, he answered honestly with his crewmates. You know what it is now, what it is about justice? Justice, just a freaking nature though, like just Blaze is MIDI compatible. Nigga's like a machine. He's not human in a sense like this nigga just I think he's like a robot and ship. So it's kind of not fair to compare that nigga to nobody because but the same time, like the soul that Buck puts in his music, Like I did a whole album with Justin. Buck did one song album and that was my favorite song. So it's kind of hard to really And I'm like, because his music got a lot of soul in it, like when he dig like he did like and he chopped it up. Not to say just music don't because you listen to Blueprint and all that sh he does. He's a soulful guy. But he could do it without the vocal samples. Like a lot of times people need them vocal samples to bring to make it sound soulful.
Speaker 2: They speed him up or they slow them down.
Speaker 1: He doesn't just the sound beat, you know what I'm saying to make you feel like, oh this ship ship hit me here. But I think that's the hardest step was the album bro, I fucked up? You do a certain part you know well, because it's like all here just shp and be like, oh man, it's crazy. And he'll probably hear some ship and be like, yo, you inspired me. And it's like the inspiration is like from you know, from that you know, and that's that's it. Yeah, well just so you know, you inspire a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's been spotting.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's right next, don't kill me.
Speaker 1: Just red alert Capri, Right alert, right alert, That's that's that's I love Capri, but right alert Capri. He just liked being different. He wasn't the I C C JAB. I feel like he was those of the crew, like Ki Capri is like yo, he like he had a party rocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no listen Capri, no, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But it's like red alert. It's like alert or the radio. You gonna be on the radio.
Speaker 2: But let me just tell you something.
Speaker 1: I'll be I'll be in certain towns and Kicking will be DJing.
Speaker 2: I won't even text him.
Speaker 1: I'll just go in and just have a great fucking time, like like, and I'll be sitting there like he can rock any crowd. Can I tell you? Kicking pre can rock any crowd, any crowd. And I'm not saying I read Alert, because I'm not. I know that's like a cravison. I'm not saying read alert. Can't I just say I have been to witness it. I've been in from from you know, a trinidaddy and party to a Haitian party, to a Jamaican party to a straight up R and B party to a rap party, and Kicking Prix does them all the same way he destroyed. I was thinking all also thinking about the impact they had in the coature, right because Red Alert put us on radio. Niggas just stay up in late at night to listen, and without Read Alert, we wouldn't have Kicking Prex on Mario exactly. Comedy, Yeah, said Mark. I meant, I meant comedy jah the whole book. That's his verse on Wren. That's kpri Now.
Speaker 2: Somebody said that wasn't him.
Speaker 1: Who who he's sued for it? Somebody said the original one was and then they sue the cole and one of them nigga said it was him. That's it. Yeah, said yeah, I believe it's on last said he did it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But what I was talking about, when I stay right alert, you gotta understand, like, well, yeah, the whole Boogie dam Productions, Fucking Boy Ship Vio, bringing in Baby Jump and bring the whole brother everybody came through. I dig that, but like is the party guy and the mixed guy, Like a person's talent is noted where it's like in a party.
Speaker 2: So you DJ, you want to rock the party.
Speaker 1: Not the radio. Some dudes on even some dudes on radio, even on the radio, like Yo, Kick Capri is a monster on the radio. He plays Ship like the album cuts. It's like he'll he'll do something else like Yo, He's he's crazy at the age Dessert Nigga would personally, I'll be honest, sweet again you know alres my o G. But at one point it was this biggie had this this song called machine Gun Funk. Before that came out, that was it was a wee spot called Three Wives Men, and we used to get there, used to get the bootle Funk. We used to get the machine Gun Funk, and we used to get there and we used to get a kicking pre tape and us coming from Queens buying a kicking pre tape, we felt like that was our outfit. That's how much Kicking pre tape met back then like dress, I had to have a new kicking to normal. I had to have a new kicking bretape, I sweeter. I had to go up Queen you talking about around mixed every Ca Capre tape and it's like completely I had. I had a Ca Capri dynasty like whatever you call a collection where like crazy, like every tape like I would walking and be like, yo, what's new, and it's like they pull on. Did you wait up late at night and taking press record and wait for red alert? Yeah, you got met the cushion in your team and make sure that's it, and then wake up to see what you caught. The grades whom he was broken, who made a little bit more money, that's exactly like all night like this, that's enough because we had enough on her. He was talking about the poorestakes, But I didn't you want to charm in and be like I thought, because the way he described it was as if it was only DJs who did that. Everybody, Well, the thing is making real posit mistakes. We would have two double deckers and you would manipulate the ship. You know what's crazy. One of my first, one of my very first top ten songs because I see he'd be getting slacked lately, is my guy Kwaime?
Speaker 12: Like like.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I don't know he was ready to get what is it? Because I see him explaining himself on sway like okay, big did this you life has played out? Caught me able to But look at all the other lines in the pop that was bigging you up like like a man.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Like I remember saying he's dope man, because like even with the big thing, like he just shrunk that off with get along with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is dope, is amazing, Like I wanted to come through man. I was like, that's this ship is impressive. Make you become a fan again like Kame was always fine.
Speaker 2: They looked the same too.
Speaker 1: Hey look sir yea he got the Poka Doon ship to rocking at it again? Where the mommy, like you gotta ship back. I would have ran with that ship to like that it's my ship. Ain't take that clock off. Lave got the clock. I got the dots, nigga funk back words O C or a G ding. That's for you brother s, you like putt niggas on the spot, by the way, we need O C and show business. A g on here, facts, facts, come get your dope, dope m cs bro Frank White, Anino Brown.
Speaker 2: I gotta go with Nino.
Speaker 1: Yep, even though you're at it, It's okay. He's he's a good snitch. In the way you did that. Nigga said, I ain't going down with myself. He said that pretty mother good class. Yeah, right there on the stage right. Frank White is real and Nino browns faith. But Frank White is real. I think Leo Brown, Nina Brown is Frank Money Vaughan's Nino Brown is supposed to Nick. You know. It was a mix up from Detroit Brown. They they made it. They it's like Star Phase. They said that after they indicted Frank White, you know from Blue Magic. No, that's that's Frank Yeah, because he missed that movie. But you know Whatino Brown man, Nino, Nino was a ruthless motherfuckers. Cancel that bitch, Cancel that Fino. Don't give a fuck. Alright, WHOA, I got a story to tell. Oh, take a drink, they can drink a little drunkigg eaty one, I got a job. Get a niggas eat one all right, Analog or digital, both the analog.
Speaker 2: Analog and digital.
Speaker 1: I'm going digital sound sound wise and analog with all that carrying. The motherfucking I'm carrying them too for them reals. It sounds like you confuse. Take a drink, sir, I'll take a ship. You said both. You said analog because it is you look at analog digital ship with all that carrying, all that ship. You love analog because you We couldn't do a song together back then unless we was in the studio together. So you got to smell my izzy mi JACKI. You know what I'm saying. I got to smell you Jake it you eating. You know what I'm saying. You got to smell my teacher on it for your colden West. If you want to punch you punching nigga and the taste watch they got to rewind it. Watch you. I really think I knew how to not punch in because of that, because excuse me, I know I know how to flow all the way through because I hated punching it like you have to. The engineer will literally have to say you sure you want these eight bars? Yes, I want these eight balls. You're going to add the other eight bars. They would have to take it, to take, to take, lose your moment to you don't right right right, and now like oh you know, just copy and paste this ship, you know. Yeah, not to wate studio Digital made anybody be able to do it too. That's kind of we made it whack too, like anybody got pro tools and were like the middle ground when we had that tape, me after somebody real quick. Because of our first studio let mean excuse me, my first album, he taught us not to waste studio time, like so who tragedy tragedy every time my rhymes wrote everything, I knew exactly what I was doing. I never wasted time, like if I had eight hours, I used old studio. That's what was the thing. It's like, you know, studio was so expensive. It's like, oh you know what, I can't waste time, you know, And that's it. That's that's it. Studio was the original gatekeeper. You had to really want to be in this stiff because you had to invest everybody if you ain't. Yeah, but it's like everybody was like, oh, you know, dudes, be like, oh, you know, I did ten songs to day in the studio.
Speaker 2: Two songs. That's all like the.
Speaker 1: Real, the real be like, yo, you know what hold only only holding two? And it's like if you got to buy another reel, that's what.
Speaker 7: You like.
Speaker 1: Until I moved to Florida, I swear to god, I'm not playing around. Until I moved to Florida, I didn't know people didn't record five records at night. Like I was like, I would not go to the studio. Let's I record? Yeah, I mean obviously, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying. Because once it went from analog, and I already have my ROMs, and when it was digital, I was making was already. I was like, so until I got out here, I seen somebody like, excuse me, not got out here because I wasn't living out here at the time. Until I got to the it wasn't even the head factory because the criteria criteria. And I would see your motherfucker make a record and go outside and smoke a cigarette, and I was like, oh, you don't go back in, you do? You just make the record and you're cool. And I'm like, oh, I'm you know, that's crazy, and I'm gonna come out here and play some five songs in the night. When it's like we was ah fact for me to do.
Speaker 2: That analog on analog. Okay, he's a beast, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Just running through it. They don't put up another beat man. Yeah, I imagine was doing that too. The same had to be knocking out more knocking him A had had Pop I'm about coming home from jail Pop had two studios like yeah and another SSL. While you're doing the beat in hand, you know, I'm gonna do the vocals and when you finish the beat, I'm gonna jump in hand And it's like, that's what podcast. You know what I heard about Tupac which made it interesting. They said once he was done with a song, he wouldn't listen back like film, he ain't gonna live at that from him.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. You can get listen to the same song for man because you know why we're on the first fan. Yeah, you're right, like you would never grow out of being your own first fan, right like everyone everyone thinks that this. No, it starts with you, your confidence. It starts with you when you're listening into your beat. So if you sit there and you just keep listening, you'll listen to that ship all day. Like I don't if I think a record about a fucking lighter right now, I'm like that, Just keep listening because I love you know what I'm saying. But it's like even instrumental, like we do that ship too, like no shame. People probably be like, oh, big up not seeing my ship while like twenty times in a row, and you know, when you're done it, it's like, yo, I want to y'all, I need to give these records back. You know. It's funny. These young kids, they I don't even think they sit on. I think as soon as it's done, they put it. They mix. They don't.
Speaker 4: Clean version.
Speaker 1: I mean you can put it through NB. A young boy got like seventy five albums. I think, like like the young Nick Russell was like on my eighty six LP. They don't have experience, say, I don't think they have experience teaching where it's like to meticulous, like meticulously like you know, to judge, and it's like the judging is like that's the part where it's like, nah, you know, I could do that better, and it's like yo, you know, oh you know, yo, I laid this verse next song. It's like that's how they figure, you know, you need to be.
Speaker 3: Plus the streaming era. It's like it's a numbers game. They're just not play the numbers. The algorithm I'm throwing keep throwing out. But it's unfortunate enough. It's unfortunate like it waters a lot of it is. It's a lot of garbage.
Speaker 2: It makes it so much because they keep doing the same ship over and over.
Speaker 1: You can't be that good the way you could turn out fifty five albums all be hot. Nobody look at the music industry like it's like it's like going to Costcos now right, Like you go to Costcos you just want to plant, but you end up but you get off it peanuts, clothes, watermelons, TV battery Okay, like hands turning that bitch. You can't hit for a plant. It was fucked up about that plant. The plant is all the way in the backs. So to get to to get to the plant, which you just came there for, you got to pass to a whole bunch of bullshit ship that you don't want, but you timpted because it's one thing that like, all right, that's just y'all, Like something like a cold, cold car that holds your phone like and you're like, okay, this is I want to watch super Bowl like and then you wind up. But that's what the music industry is. Like. It's like sometimes you just want to go and just get like like like my mom my ship downloaded the other day and I wanted to hear shot, right, so I go on, I pressed ask Oh my god, that's like I didn't even allow me to press as a like they were just like yo, like, So that's what That's what the music industry is. There's still great products out there, it's just all in one. It's oversaturated. Man, it's just one warehouse. You gotta know what they get there. When I'm getting like that. It almost like cable TV. Remember cable TV had like sixty channels because we hold niggas.
Speaker 2: Remember the eight channel when we were growing.
Speaker 1: Up, they had to play the boy channel. I'm gonna play boy. That was called soft horn right, No, no, that was the real thing. He was doing it right. Benny Hill, Remember Benny Hill? Yeah, man, man, yeah, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: No, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Can Benny Hill exists? No way, he would not exist, None of them niggas could exist. Martin Downy Yeah wow, chie Bunker Bunker was raised, said he's some miles today. When they pleaded looking woke, yeah, he said. He said to the lady, he said, so, who does all the cookies in your house? She says, my husband does. He goes, are you worried about that? Like people will find out? And then she goes, she goes, what that that I'm a lazy wife. He goes, no that, I'm like, yo. It just was Ralph Cran, the famed nigga too, Ralph crand that used to be like Alice one year to his wife, You're not gonna he was domestic bobu. He was a domestic violence like I was about it and then and then I ain't gonna lie. And he was Jefferson. He gotta remember that nigga. You gotta remember that was in Queens, you know, so we're gonna remember George was on the east side. Yeah, and he left the east side. East side was still Harlem. Queens was Dame Queens because the actual Queen came from England and then they visited there and I believe the King went to and that's why they called the King's County. Right, So these guys this is now, this is this is how it beats queens. This is usif Hawking's queens will and they're making your race back then I'm talking about the Going Hall. It was like did not like? Yeah, I remember saf and a sudden yo. And by the way, that that TV back then, bro, they can bring that back. We a little TV and we are over sensitive now went with certain ship. But because but like you said, because Ralph Cranny was threatening to beat his.
Speaker 2: Bitch up a night.
Speaker 1: He said, Alice, one of these fucking band full straight to the movie, like, you gotta knock him. You do that ship. Now you're getting canceled. You found it was the first Ike Turner. He was Ike Turner like motherfucker. But he was promoting his ship. I wasn't. I was mistake, my mistake, man, hold on, we're not doing a quick time. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Time was sling eighties and nineties hip hop nineties, nineties, nineties, Ya book all right? Joe and Jada are Cam and Mace.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one, man, God, drink, that's just got drink.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, drink you know you.
Speaker 2: No, I gotta respond, that's damn. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Joe and Jada I like the I like, I love Cam and Mason's dynamic. But we always seen that because they did songs together, they were from the same cruise. We see their personalities, how dope their personalities is to get right, That's like, that's why I think it works because they friends, they grow together. Joe and Jada is like a few different worlds. They worked a lot together too. Really, yeah, I don't really know, because it's like having Cam on the songs, like he's around, but it's like it's like we were probably like yo, you know what. Oh you know Cam is is doing too much or another excuse, but no, he's right like me being me being in the Bronx is like I spent time in hallm and it's like we're big ol and it's like I've seen I've seen the dynamics, what they was, what they could do.
Speaker 2: But you know what that got to do with this though, dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think it was making the Harlem reference about the Yeah, but that was.
Speaker 2: I mean to my point, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why I would give the edge to Joe and Jada because their chemistry for them, like you did some records together, but these dudes was challenge these guys just and then they play off each other really well with the cap shipp and here comes they got the flag they throwing the flawers. I knew's personality, I didn't know how dope Ma's personality is, and I didn't know how dope their personalities together it works like yeah, works for Joe and data. Joe Jada Jada is sometimes like offended by each other.
Speaker 3: And I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that, Yeah, I like that. I like that because Jada doesn't co sign and ship like this guy. Yeah, Joe, I know him his personality and I know Jada's personality, so obviously like you don't know the personalities like oh you know, I don't know. I don't know these niggas right like Joe AND's like and Jada like you know, I know both of the niggas talking about you don't know, like I know. Just the other day is like, you know, is it we don't sleep? What cap? Yo? When when Joe be saying ship like oh you know is that cap? But it's it's really real and it's like even Jada is like, oh you know this thing is capp and it's like you'd be throwing flags and ship all around. But Joe, Joe like it a purposely. He accepts it. Now that's what I like. Yeah, it's like, yo, they love me. Now he's going. He was like I was at Pablo escoballrid like what wild ship is joking saying, well, how funny is j when he.
Speaker 2: John does a kid who imitates them?
Speaker 1: So he goes like this, he goes, Yo, the US government inviting me the malls one time.
Speaker 7: Joe, He's like, so bround, just two hundred niggas. He said there was two hundred period people. There was a coaching nigga the blue.
Speaker 1: My tyson kids. I'm dying because the way Homeboys delivering the message he has Joe man again, I din't funk with drinks Champstown. I want Joey love everybody whatever drink said this the o G Joe, I love everybody game. I'm everybody. I'm happy to see. I'm happy to see. Okay, all these brothers excel and and do well after they had very luke for their successful rap. Figure out something else while you're older, like, okay, we can't, we don't want rap forever. Okay, this is something else but now it could be, you know, take care of our families. But now we could teach youngs about the coaching, like what're doing with us? And you know what I mean. People watch this ship and be seeing off. I don't learning ship. I ain't know. Like when I watch the show Seeing Quick and all these stories, I'm like, oh, Ship, I knew that.
Speaker 2: And I think I'm a hip hop historians.
Speaker 1: Everything the show. I love about this show. Yeah, it's funny. Yeah, I love that show. Bro that that ship is fire like bleak ship too is killing I like everything. Let's make some more, all right, Ris alchemists, Yeah, I think alchemists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alchemist would shout out to alchemist too, though shout yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Karris wanted chars want to Coolie rap damn drink drink rap, drink some monsco. So you said, who's your app Yes, he picked. Yeah, I'm gonna go Coolie Rapp too. Okay, you illmatic or ready to die damn you know, damn beyond popular belief, ready to die. I'm gonna go allmatic just the way, just the way that you know, the feeling I got when I heard both of them for the first time, it was great. Now take my life. It's a movie, Like what the no lie? Like, I don't believe every story about Queen's Bridge, but Queen's Bridge is like it's like, oh it's made up place. It's a real place, but it's like the stories is like kind of made up. You know what I'm saying. What do you mean? Like Memory Lane? It's like, you know a lot of those stories is like yo, they not real authentic story. But it's like when you listening ready to die, he's he's telling you what happens. Yeah, I would argue you now is doing the same thing. Yeah yeah, And you know what because Biggie mom Biggie Moms came out and said, I don't know what the fuck he was talking about, struggling ship one room shack and likes pre stylish.
Speaker 12: Him.
Speaker 1: He's the only child. Nigga never wanted for ship. The nigga want to play in the street on his own, not that he had to. Yeah, his mom said that let us say that ship he was creative writing.
Speaker 2: Drug Dealer and all that ship. That ship is real.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, you niggas so brad like you nor we like but let me just say, let me tell you something let me say something, let me say something. But Illmatic I was away when Ellmatic dropped, right, and I had been visiting Queensbridge prior to my incarceration.
Speaker 2: Right, I literally saw I didn't hear Illmatic.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like when I heard it, like I saw like you.
Speaker 1: Know how Donald goings, Donald going to like like you if you read the book, You're you're in Detroit from when you when you from.
Speaker 7: The NG Like.
Speaker 1: Like I came outside. I remember coming outside that yard like yeah, because we had Buckshot Shorty at the time. Like a lot of people of Black Moon, A lot of people think that at first they compared Big Tona's it wasn't Big to Nas. It was black Moon. At first that was like and then Big came and right right, it was bigger and then I ended up having too. It was like it was Biggis because it's like after that Biggiannas became cool. Remember that's why they said they were hanging out together. But at first it was it was black Boom. Biggie was that at that time, Nos and Big It's like everybody be like, yo, you know what, ready to die? It's like, oh, you know, ell Maddic and It's like that was a choice with like you know, listen niggas listen to it in a car. You know what I'm saying. It's like that was a big thing. You know, I think what set what set bigger parts and remixes? Oh hell yeah one more chance pound Yeah yeah, buff start remixing and records that niggas said the mixtape joints and Ship came out like the remixes took that to another level where he was going where It's like, yo, he was he was for the hood, like he had probably like seven records on the radio besides you know, one more chants and he like he he had street records. Yeah. I heard say that the other day, like yo, be in ill because it's like no no question was like and you could test like yo, people be like oh nas nas This is like oh nas is cool? Is crazy because Na's imagination. But Biggie he was like he was talking about real ship. You know, I think it Big wouldn't have died. He would have by far, said himself ahead of a pack of mcs as far as his creativity and big was and what do he died twenty four, twenty five. Young, Yeah, when you die that young twenty four. You look at twenty four year old right now. I wouldn't even fight it twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's why it's crazy when we like big they birth at the age of the It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That y they said it best, like Jay said it best. Who's the best? See Biggie Jay z and Os And it's like to this day we argue about that, you know, ready to die or illmatic? And that was so smarter Jay to put itself in that conversation. Oh yeah, that he didn't qualify like that was Jesus is marketing, bro. The genius is like yo. The album he did? You know that was that was another test like yo, you know, like reasonable doubt. It's like Yo, it's just as good and you can't say it's not good. It's amazing, absolutely amazing. You know what was the next album after that? In my lifetime? Yeah One Wan have some joints on the I believe by One was better than reasonable. I had to go back to reasonable Doubt to.
Speaker 2: Tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: It was really broken without time, I was really broke. I didn't understand none of that money, none of that money. I learned all these fashion brands and she wear, I'm like, is that she had Donna Karen and this and this and that, and I'm like, these niggas know a lot about fashion. I had to go back and the coach direction they taught us because it's like be he taught us like street ship, you know, you know ounces and whatever, and Nas taught us like different, like different you know key, like yo, you know street ship, And it's like Jay taught us like yo, you know the money. So when it's like, oh, you know if you if you get money, nigga, you like readables out to me to me ill Madica is the original good kid mad City. Yeah, I could see that because he was like telling the story like you said, apposed to all in this pack. From when I hear almost stories, I can see that compared I've been on the when I hear all the stories when people come back block. But NAS is like and another stratosphere and like Biggie like they artist is like they dope artists. But it's like they like Donald Goings and it's like Langston Hughes and it's like they are the cream of the crop. You know, Kendrick is mad cool, but Kendrick ain't no naws and it's like it's no Biggie and it's like and and I probably say, he'll probably say the same thing, you know.
Speaker 2: He like they was like yes ahead.
Speaker 1: It's like where it's like, oh, you know, good kid, mad City. I don't I don't know if if people are going to be listening to that and you know that fire bro.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I could argue that. I think that was crazy. I think he is. I didn't pretty easily easy.
Speaker 5: But today today's Nads and Biggie but not today's Kendrick. Well no, I'm just saying we're comparing it in that way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But it's like you compare him the Naws and Biggie and jay Z, but you don't listen less generationally.
Speaker 2: A lot of above them.
Speaker 1: They put Kendrick above is above like since the second album, like he like he's yeah, he solidified himself as like yo, you know what, I don't want to be these thingers, you know, and and it's like this this is what it is. It's like he has so much skill where it's like yo, you know what, He's on another level. It's like he like he could be equal, like oh you know, Big jay Z and Odds and Kendrick and it's it's other people. It's like in the same place. Agree, Damn, I didn't. I just realized there's always a big three. Right back then it was bigg J, It's Crazy, Hendrick Draken and Jacole Cole. So we had to give a big three of Now like new artists. Is there anybody that you would know about Kendrick? No, no, no, no, that's in the late thirties. Now, that's right, they're not you. Yeah, they almost forty. So who's the new Who are you that? And tapped into what's going on? Are you?
Speaker 3: I just think there's so many artist is hard to be too much because this this lane of people, you know, this lane, this lane, and everybody's got their own time, different.
Speaker 1: Lane right right. It's true, Yeah, because you can't because Playboy CARDI I don't, Like.
Speaker 2: I said, I try to listen.
Speaker 1: I try to listen to that city because I'm like, how is he so fucking like all of these this guy's Yeah, But then I listened to the music and I was like, he's an old rapper. Who's that Playboy Cardy? Yeah, Like I know he's been out for a minute, like ten years. Yeah, yeah, no, Now there's somebody we never heard of, like.
Speaker 2: Some kid named Zeddy.
Speaker 1: My daughter listening to this kid names that he's she she swears by him. I said, let me hear, just so I could know, because I'm going to if they rapping or if they mumble rapping, like what's what's hot with the kids? And he rapped. But it's like it's almost like some new qualmation. But I think we got to be cool because it's off that drill ship.
Speaker 3: It ain't that we gotta be careful with that old idea of what's hot with the kids, because that's that's also a problem.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we keep referring to what the youth likes. This is just what's good because it's whatever they say hot good. Yeah the point there, yeah, between hot and good, Like that's the people get and they could be hot and be trying to be trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, records playing.
Speaker 3: And just because a fourteen year old likes it doesn't mean that I mean it's good. We should be like, oh, I got accept that automatically, you know, right.
Speaker 2: But Rake's has been around what twenty years, sixteen seventeen. Yeah, so like this three.
Speaker 1: Where it's like they've proven success absolutely, you know, yeah, but the next three is like, who's the next three? Damn, I don't think that half that track record think there'll be another three. The industry doesn't even get another EXXL come on or you don't even know if that that's good? The freshman the freshman ship right when the person come on the first one, first one, you can't even try. That's funny. You look at that cover, you look at who's still around, and you see how everybody maintained their career.
Speaker 2: It wasn't always through music.
Speaker 1: It was something else, Like boc was on the cover, Little Boozy Boost, it was Joel Ortiz, myself, who else was on the Gorilla Zoe Lou Paid Fiasco? So all these guys. I watched all these guys because they were my competition in my cop colleagues and time Piers right, And I'm like, in hindsight, like who went on to do what? Some of them dudes went like this? They had huge records. Know who else like the rich Richard's names on that bitch rich rich cover that too, So I'm like, damn, he just like stopped doing music or whatever, the fuck him and polo for I don't know what happened, but then you all have big songs. Stop coming off so triggering me, that's the trigger. Yeah it is. Look Pat Joel, Crocodile, Young Doe. This was applies me plies Boomy. Yeah, that's a that's a hell. That's tough. When that was tough, everybody it's great or something.
Speaker 2: Everybody on it was great in their own right.
Speaker 1: That's why I was like, I felt on and when they asked me to be on the cover, but I just be doing the TV ship. I'm like, all right, I'm gonna find another way to make ends meet when acting because the answer finish the finished quick time. Yeah, we're gonna go straight into that, all right. A tribe called Question Day Try Try not even close. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm both I'm gonna drink.
Speaker 1: They got a drink? Okay cool? Yeah? Really yeah? Do you think they like an with Try? Day is nice? I mean, and they definitely nice. They a legendary ship, but Trip does some things Day I can't do. And it's like they all native tones and it's like that's dope. They compliment each other. Yeah, all right. Ex Clan of Poor Righteous Teachers great, that's a great one with the red bill black the green with the key again, it's like just protect it like pie is like yo' it's hard to tell them. It's hard. It's not easy. It's it's it's easy to tell them apart. But it's like they do the same similar things. I love I love poor Righteous teachures to rock the spunky joint with Yeah, that's the joint. What was the other one? Boe my queen that she was cool. But come on, man, brother Jay, I gotta go with brother j Man, I gotta go with brother band verb is it? You know? They both do the same thing and they give me the same feeling. Brother jameson the stick, Yeah yeah, brother the boons, No remember the so you say the boat? Okay, brother that you said both a lot of times, but politically correct, man, it's not politically the artist one. He did the Artist one, d J wise s and s Ranji Ranji I loves too for J bought the mix tape, the mixing like the blends, the blends blind tape, blind tape and the exclusive ships like that. It's like if I'm coping, Rang, I'm copping right. You want both? Yeah, So you're going both again, both styles. Yea, this nigga going both. The reason why I picked ran because Big said piece to rong G broocey Be.
Speaker 2: He didn say saying.
Speaker 1: Juicy your funk master Flex out to funk Master flex too, and I hate to see what he's going through. He's a number one who. The young niggas don't give flexing respect. They be talking about flexes flex Flex spoke master something.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: He's on the radio and miss flights because the master flester Flex. I got this record and I'm like, I don't called my wife and said, listen, I'm missing this flight. I need to hear this record. You can hear it anywhere. No, no, no, it's not like hearing it in New York City. And has been times. FLEXM said pull over New York City and I'm the guy that pull over, Old you're driving pulled over driving Monsoon in Queens when they when they played Triumph like he played it, he played it for like an hour straight. Who flex Yeah, okay, yeah yeah, And that's that would be like, yo, I gotta hear this ship. You know what I'm saying. And that's the thing these records today is like Yo, they don't really have a replay value, so people be like, yo, you know, oh, Flex played my record like three times.
Speaker 2: I think if Flex was on it, you know Flex twenty times.
Speaker 3: Well, younger brothers are leaders of the new school.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Damn bro, it's a hard one.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna go to I'm gonna go to the edge where it's like busting on. Yeah, I'm gonna go with later even though Charlie Brown, you let me down because I thought you was gonna be up there with Bus like he had the person Charlie Brown.
Speaker 2: I thought he was gonna be a star.
Speaker 1: Who's that bron I mean he was a star back then. He was wasn't he wants the breakout out of leaders of news originally and then Bus can't bust it's too pold. Yeah, Bus had too much. Bus came and put your hands on my eyes. I think those were two personalities that living was for that.
Speaker 2: It was that scenario remix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what changed everything. Once he's when Thias like like by niggas you imagine that like Terry pet That session was though, like Bus is going like no one heard nobody wrong. Session was like, what we're supposed to tell what's making? What is going on? Then first lie Man Bus is one of them ones too, Like you just.
Speaker 3: Went a vm MA, yeah he wont Yeah, he gave him the rock the bells like whatever that but a huge honor like make.
Speaker 1: When you look at he went from p t A to that first Brown broke, it's just another case of that by school teacher. Didn't realize that that's crazy because it's like, Yo, they problem about school.
Speaker 4: Yea, well niggas ain't even get you were in school like this to send me that niggas had to do for me, I mean different leaders of the new school and he's graduated to be the O.
Speaker 1: G oh my god.
Speaker 2: Bus Bus is one of the ones.
Speaker 1: Like when I see these lists and I don't see Bus in the top twenty, I'm like, whoever made this list is non boyd bro and everything performance longevity you're talking to Like, yo, he was like, it's competitive, crazy, four different rappers competitive. Notice Notice nobody wanted that smoke on versus with Buster. No no, no, nobody said yes, Like he was like fuck niggas with that Chris Brown verse and I gotta go. Then I got to serve you over got a loan. It's like he like Terrece Cwford right now, nobody want to fight terror. I don't think you know, I ain't gonna locked. I'm like, he's too big. He never got hit that our roster told me that our group chat became racial. Oh yeah, yeah yeah, I wasn't you know all the blacks. I was like. I was like it was like some o J you know and black. I was like, I didn't see that part o J verdict when they showed it. All the white people are like, I'm like, Dan, all my race, bro, listen, I'm gonna be honest with you. If you ever want to really see like like a like a race like a race thing, go watch boxing and like like like a Hooters style, not Hooters because I think Hooters closed now, but like I just want Hooters and closed. It's closed. Establishment is closed. I can make it. They're gonna make poters not you go there like like like two different racests, like a Mexican fighting a Filipino. You will never see how racist is like all the Mexicans coming up anywhere. I'm talking about any type you said. Neutral song one gonna be a two different races, two different people I'm told about. Oh my god, you will see how how how people pick a side. God, let's go right. You have TV raps, a video music box. Video is udio music box. Uncle Ralph, Uncle Ralph, this is the the VICTI shut up. This is the vid kid. Don't forget about the vid kids. That's where all of us got us from. You know, so we used to we used to turn the Channel thirty one with the You remember if you grew up in New York, Yeah, you had to put it on Channel you. Then you the little one that's said be man, fuck like.
Speaker 12: Yo.
Speaker 1: He put us on like every and it's like the whole New York and it's like the New.
Speaker 2: York was that drink shamp you? I just haund.
Speaker 1: Videos he did, Yeah, the videos he directs. I couldn't believe it. Man, boys, and all the videos lightly and it's like he did his thing. He did his thing and humble as fuckers, like yeah, man, with the videos. That's why I'd be like yo, Ralph, he said he said something on here that that fucked me up. He said, niggas didn't get videos back then. You would be lucky to get a video, Like everybody didn't get no video, nigga. You had to be a special, special motherfucker to get a video. I don't even need people quested the video records didn't play. It was Hall the way to play videos, you know what I'm saying. So he created that platform for us and then start directing the videos and giving like wu tang clean protecting that and all these videos. I ain't know he did on ship so he had the fucking the numbers on the side were going. He blew that ship up. That's crazy. That was another one of the ones Black thought of common, black thoughts, this nigga, this nigga, don't think you got to think about that. I got to think about it. Man. It's like black thought is one of the ones, and common is one of the ones. I love comment. But once ron Fest was like, Yo, when I wrote that ship for comment that, I was like what he wrote, glory glory.
Speaker 2: I wrote that whole for real, yeah said, And then the nigga cut dumb me.
Speaker 1: You said, I just had the ship. Want to grabby that nigga stoped picking up. You said, I got a nigga grabby You stopped picking up out the ron Fest was brutally honest Chicago nigga around, so he telling them Kanye stories.
Speaker 3: Bro, nobody know Kanye like he definitely know he got a drink. What you're saying, both yeah.
Speaker 1: I said both Yeah, the roots, my guy black thought and comment. You know what I'm saying, you got me? None of that.
Speaker 2: None of it resonates.
Speaker 1: Everything resonates like everything resonates, like yo, man, common sense going back to common sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, commons a beast.
Speaker 1: I used to love, I used to love it. I used to love it.
Speaker 2: I love I love, I love comment.
Speaker 1: And when Ron Fast told me that, like I'm an m c MC, if I hear that writing around, it takes so much away.
Speaker 2: From me as you was an m C because I'm like.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, even in the nineties, a lot of people like you know, broke balls and ship and frames or whatever. It's a lot of people who had you.
Speaker 2: Know, nigga might throw you a line or right in my.
Speaker 1: Room, right in my wrong bro, Like yo, you know what, no one can't think like me, so how the hell you can? Sometimes? Like yo, you know, people put people putting the hook like it's different things.
Speaker 2: Different hook hook is different hooks that's not the verse.
Speaker 1: We m C. We we we started caring about hooks when we start learning about song structure and making songs for commerce. Be sides. I don't think we were wrapping in the hood. Nigga ain't going to the hook when he was in cycling. It was an inciphment and going to the hook like you don't want.
Speaker 2: That ship was for the for his records and ship like that.
Speaker 1: The next one method matter, Red Man met the Man. To me, I love red Man too, but method Man, I gotta go Red Man.
Speaker 2: This niggas.
Speaker 1: Like that. That's good Redman like super ill, like nothing but Clint Yo Memphis super ill too. So I was like, he gave you, he gave you your red Man to your method Man. So he who can I connect this? And who's your favorite m C and who can claim who you think is the best? Like technically skill wise like expected Deck a little bit expected Deck, look expected decks man.
Speaker 3: You said, technically, I think that's yo Jesus to you can't you.
Speaker 1: Could justect sleeping on ma bros. Be sleeping on but got the total package. You said, technically, technically he's a crazy m to teprobably be like Yo, I got white album blunts. I got fat bags of cloked and it's like, Yo, it's cool, like but this thing is like on Triumph expected Deck. Yeah, topically I work like with the PRESTI lence the hall. Haven't never learned. He went in on that ship too though that when protecting that he was a standout.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 1: Playing, ain't nothing to fu we was waiting for. He was like the sticky fingers of Whu tang it won't p He was waiting for meth Park. But when met was in on the song, he was like, So we were jogging the other day listening to I Believe the thirty six Chambers and that skiit came on you. I was so embarrassed, like just jogging about waiting, Yo, I stabbed like, yeah, all the white people just turn around. That's funny. Are you talking about stabbing somebody in the nuts? And he said, man, he said, I I mushold, I look like Yo. They split their sharpest even to this day. Yeah, they all Memphis Memphis super sharp. Still like he got, you know, saying he got better the same way because when I hear him wrapping like wrapp like the like the wrap the young like young spinners like you see the show. He can keep up with him. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm gonna wrap with some of these young dudes that I could.
Speaker 2: He could from the early nineties, Nigga is keeping up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we almost done us. Let's go man, nice smooth brand New, nice Oh ship you can answer like my favorite group, he said, brand New. You gotta drink, Nah, I gotta go, bro. You know that's still one that's hard. Bro, That's still one of the hardest lines ever. All the time the ball bounces, there's no bones and ice cream. You know it's crazy. I've been in the trailers and I've never asked the motherfuckers this ship been on the like hip hop Junkie's got to be one of like slow down and all that ship. But your ump is the illess was crazy, yo. But son wick Ye come on wick.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: Even though that's gangstar wrecking them, niggas made that. No, that was the summer refirm that was two summers in a row, like it was yesterday. Remember that rhyme about with Smoothie talking about the girls coke ship. Now she's on blow Yeah. Sorry, smoothie. I keep having business of snow. I mean blow, I'm not I'm not beat over. What's that song? I got to put sometimes around slow? Yeah, I was one to Nice and Smooth, Nice Bro, Greg, nicest man. I think I got to drink today Anthem makers. I love brand Man. That's hard because I love you know. What's crazy? You know? I believe it was last year and Leo Colmes did event and he had all of us fly out. And what's crazy is I see like the people who's performing. I can't wait for Nice and Smooth. That's nice as move, what's coming out? I was going to I forget who I was going to give a five to. I know it's a very important person. As soon as Nicet Move came out, I had just on stage Greg. We need them on drink chaps as well. We've been trying to we were trying to do.
Speaker 2: Know this is buck first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, I'm so glad to see this one, brother, because when when the guy was starring Buck, whow did you ever have beat for the dude? Buck? While no, okay, alright, cool, he was cool with him taking your name, he ain't take it. Yeah, let him use it like you used it like, Yo, you know what it's it's tip hop doctor dream doctor.
Speaker 2: Dream a right, damn, ain't think of that.
Speaker 1: Very true. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Good. The next good observation the last one he said, doctor, loyalty or respect?
Speaker 2: Loyalty.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can disrespect some money loyal to. I think if you loyal to somebody, you're gonna respect him. I think it comes hand in hand and vice versa. Com like you could be loyal and still respect me. And it's like it's like, yo, you know what I was. I was thinking, since enough show like Yo, that's a hard question because it's like Yo. On one hand, it's like yo, you know what if you loyal to them, It's like, yo, you don't disrespect them? Right? And I'm like, yo, you know what I would be like, Yo, you know what? Right? No? Right? I just I think loyalty comes is both. Hell yeah, agree with you both. Except the hardest question the answer. That's when he said, answer, Yo, this is like, this is real. It's like, Yo, do I do I choose loyalty or do I respect? You know me? I believe all they all go hand in hand. But if I had to choose one rather. I know a loyal person is not disloyal, and I could trust him because you could trust a person that's loyal, And I don't know if I trust everybody I respect. That's real. Yeah, you know that's real. That's trust. Trust is big, big part of being loyalty. Someone's like, you know your girl loyal, she can go out. You ain't worry about nothing like ain't nobody could call you and tell you your girl out, you can't. I know my girl she loyal. She she she might respect you, I might fight, she might call you a kind of bitch ass, but disrespect the If she's loyal, she ain't never gonna vioe loyal me, that's real. But so she loyal me. She might not be messing with another guy, but she might be out gambling with her girls. Now, if she breaking the trust while doing that, no, but if you ask hers she had to tell you, she didn't. She don't tell you, and that's something you don't on her doing. And I have got understanding and she does it, then she's not loyal. She's not loyal being disloyal. Okay, Well respect that. You think you and your girl might have a fight she might call you all kind of names and disrespect the shit out you, but she ain't gonna go fuck a nigga, you know what I'm saying. So she might disrespect you, she gotta go then just because of you out. That's it. Yeah, Like we don't. We don't tolerate cust me out to go sucking dick any like cuss me the fuck out, no disrespect. But it's like, yo, a person where it's like yo, you know, like females like it's underne love, but it's like they respect you to the fullest. And it's like a female won't want, you know, talk ship about behind your back. It's like what, like what kind of business? This is what I'm saying. I'm saying they're good at No. That's no, no, no, because like you like the dudes argue for real, Like Yo, there's some good ones out here, and you know you got a system.
Speaker 2: You got a system.
Speaker 1: That's why he's talking that listen love like something fun up? Yo? What's wrong with you? And they don't use logic. They don't care about listen, they don't care about making sense common sense? Are you like yo? Perfect people like the perfect example of what it is like, yo, I can trust them. It's like I'll do whatever for them. And it's like, yo, she she got my back. It's like you know, and I got out back and it's like, yo, that's it. Let's talk about the orthoorage. How did that answerage? How did you say there's a mistaken answerage? Yeah, ship ge robis to call me. He was like, Yo, Mark Warburg's on the TV show. You want to be on it or you want to audition for it. But it was between me and young Jez. Me and Young Jez was up for that part. And I was like nobody knew it was going to be a hit show when it was like, HBO has an idea? What did you want? Season three? Though two?
Speaker 2: Season two okay, he was early.
Speaker 1: On was pilot. Yeah. I was the first black person on outside outside of an extra walking in the back with lines. I was the first nigga with lines. Then bow Wow and fifty and on came after that. But I was I was there to build Turtles character, but you was actually a character roll. I was there to build Turtles character because like, we just got this nigger meandering around, right, I need to give him. Yes, it became my manager ship, which is shout shouting joy far hour good speak in real life. Yeah, that's my brother talking to moms, shout to Jakie's kids. Described how this mistake happened. So because I'm never I wasn't an actor. I never acted in my life. Okay with that, but you know it wasn't we got to act every day. But I'm real acting like that, but no, I never. I had never done that. So I was like, I was looking at it, like, they're not gonna pick me. I ain't. No, you went to Nah, had to fly to Hollywood and meet all these fucking real Hollywood motherfuckers and they're like, and the one thing I did that was smart.
Speaker 2: I think they had the name.
Speaker 1: I was like, if I get the park, can I use the name Saigon instead of whatever fucking name they had in the scrip was like a little little g or whatever. The fun I'm like, won't you let me use my real rap name? And that's the best move I ever made in my life. Well I say that, I mean think about it to this day, Yeah say I know, but yeah, to this day, when when that that that should opened some uf I go meet somebody and be like I'm sign. The first thing they say is like the guy from An. They don't even know it's me. Oh wow, like the guy from An, Like I'm you're sterious. I gotta tell them that's me. If you if you open like trapping tickets. You know what I'm saying. I could have been like I'm a little d from Aunt, like little bit like so that ship, I mean, that ship got you out of so much ship when I and that show was hot for like fifty show the greatest shows right now, right now they have a show on Apple Plus all the studio. Yeah, that's rage. Have another to have. Uh uh running point on Netflix about the bus Family. Oh yeah, the Lakers, the bust family. Yeah yeah, writing for Entourage, Like you can literally see where they got the seas from, Like you know what I'm saying, like like Ellen shot Doug Allen and them guys. The writers see what HBO HBO does.
Speaker 2: They did it with all these.
Speaker 1: Shows, Sopranos, they did it Wire, they did it with Sex and the City. The first season they go get a bunch of C and D level actors so they ain't got to pay them really a lot, and they give the money to the writers so they go get these great writers who fucking write amazing shows. They be the ones making the two million episode while these actors be making a couple of thousand dollars, right, and so once the show becomes a hit, and are you locked in the contract, I'm gonna get four five seasons out of you before I really got to pay you like once once, once the's time to renegotiate.
Speaker 2: Now you know you a star.
Speaker 1: Now you come and be like, no, I need the big bucks now because I'm popping all around.
Speaker 2: Walk like god. Rest of the soul.
Speaker 1: His name James who paid Tony soprano Jane Grando. I can't pronounce the ship, but Tony Tony to them niggas was they was. We didn't know who to just Sarah Jessica Pok. He was fighting for them to get more money. The motherfucker. You know, look how many stars that the wire bro Michael B. Jordan's fucking uh, what's the nigga name?
Speaker 2: The talk old bitches like the album.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that nigga from London. I didn't either, the Bottom Batimore nigga. Man, they set it up with like you could get through. They didn't Those rights show that taking off.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, yes it is. It's it's genius.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that was that. That's why you gotta respect. They know what they fun they're doing over there. I was talking to Doug Allen and he told me, oh, and this is how Hollywood works. He said he was pitching the show to HBO after Entourage. He was like, after Entourage was such a success, I just knew they was gonna let me walk anything through these doors, like because because we had so much successful Entourage. And he's like, me and Mike Tyson did a show and we was like, I spent a million and a half dollars doing the pilot on one episode, million and a half and HBO was like, we don't like it, we don't want it, like a million half in a whole. I was like, damn, that's it. He was like, I just knew I had they was gonna green light it because of my past success with Entourage, and.
Speaker 2: You know, so this is that's how Hollywood shows the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a new showed outright that's super shock. It's called Graves and ya y'all watch Graves in a Yeah, so it's about raised in Brooklyn So the show is about the mafia out you see that. It's like some new soprano ship. Okay, so it's out season, first season, the first two seasons out o season, which is that it's on Amazon.
Speaker 2: Graves in Brooklyn, Like Benson.
Speaker 1: Herrison'll show you all the guys in the mall that didn't really blow up, like everybody knew Gotti and because they was on TV. But there was a whole group of mafia and niggas who didn't never get like the light, the shine, who was putting in work. So this is drama like dramatic or dramatic. It's like sopranos, like sopranos, but it's like a realer version of sopranos. Like this is they talkt a my real guys from the neighborhood and yeah, I'm on there. Shot Shaquille O nails on there and I fight Shot. I be fucking this nigga is the strongest nigga in the world.
Speaker 2: Bro, what is Shot playing a firefighter?
Speaker 1: No? What is he playing in the show? He played some games. The nigga name Stapfa who cool with mob. Like so when the mob got problem with the Blacks, they'd be like oh, mustop into your people type ship like we don't want to smoke with.
Speaker 2: I believe Shock is a tough guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, because I'll be sucking that Yo, son, you talk, you know, I'm gonna tell you remember how many times you have to move his mic because he was like, Yo, we're like this. You did it like five times yourself, but I'm gonna tell you, crazy ship. And then we was we had a fight scene, right nigga wrapped his hand around my neck and the nigga's fingers touched in the back. In the back, I said, get the.
Speaker 2: Your nigga whole ship like this around my neck.
Speaker 1: Yo. I'm a I'm a pretty strong dude. I could not budge this motherfucker to the point where every time we would finish the scene one of them fight scenes, my fuckers, I had to come over and be like, Yo, you right, So I'm like, I'm good, I'm good, lying like a nigga choke win that his old Paul and he don't know his own strength. You know, Gorilla stript he might have Mountain Gorilla in his DNA, Like Nigga got boot stripped. Like I couldn't busch this thing, and I'm using, I'm trying, even trying, like he talking on a nigga like this what it is about? I'm like, you get the fun. I'm like, oh, that's why, niggas. This is the diesel for real but amazing individual man like who else is on there? So you shock me, Willie the Mayo like a lot of Manos on it. Okay, the guns is on. They've shocked cronies. They play the little home, Yeah, they play Yeah. He's looking the ordering yeah type ship and and they be fucking me up because every time I got to get it, get it.
Speaker 2: On him, he sending them little.
Speaker 1: Niggas like yolot nigga. But this is a great opportunity because working with my brothers, like I love man Or, I love Peter, but these are my friends in her life.
Speaker 2: I just met Shaq doing the show.
Speaker 1: I never known them or we established a relationship, you know what I'm saying. And I'll be looking all this ship surreal. All this ship still feels sill. Even be here with you feel surreal to me. I'll be going home and be like, yo, I was just sitting with fucking Nor even working on him, doing the album with Buck Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I had a fucking album with Buck Wow.
Speaker 1: I wanted them to do everybody else's on the set acting normal, and I'll be there like yo, starstruck, like yo, it's like working with some of this. But I didn't. I ain't know no black people was in here. Just come on season three Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I didn't watch it, but you know it ain't no black peoples on that were coming season three. Every time I keep watching Seinfeld, I see more black people. Now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, the oil and the engine.
Speaker 1: It's not like they made a different version of signing. No, no, no, I just keep watching it because at first it was only one black person on sign for do y'all remember that person, the guy that owns the diner. At least they let him own the diner, the diner that they know they owned the dining. But it's like I didn't know who who, Like who works there? Are the black guy? The black guy owns it? Yeah? On the low? Yeah, and they be changing up the apartment so son felt I never found I never seen friends Seinfeld, friends and Seinfeld together. I've never seen none of them. Listen, listen, this is this is why you first off. It all comes from Seinfeld. Everything Seinfeld. It was two guys I assumed Larry David and Richard I forgot his name. That passed away because that's what it's supposed to be. And they said, let's make a show about nothing. And they was like, okay, so what's it going to be about nothing? So what did you do today? I walked from my crib, I walked the door, and I went to We squired more and I got my friends clean. That's the episode hits biggest show in the biggest show in the world. And it's just it's the first version of reality TV scripted copy copy. You understand what I'm saying, Like, so, I learned so so much. I never understood the Like though, I'm like, why is this so? You never watched Kirby Enthusiasm. I heard that's that's the same guy. That's just that's the same verson. I love him so much. I don't want to meet him. Like the room lave, I would be like, especially if I could, if it's one exit out, then I'll be like, all right, cool, I'll say hi. But if I could exit, I don't want to meet my heroes New more New More. So you met it your heroes. Uh No, Well, at first, when I met Chris Rock was at a uh we was at a bon Jovie party ironically with with Leo Cons, Russell Simmons and Jimmy I Bean, and I was like, like, besides Russ, I was like the only black guy there. And then Chris Rock was hosted and Chris Rock said, uh, what is the world coming to? Oh yeah, what is the world coming to? I gotta take pictures with Nori And I was like, I didn't know if he was playing, because you know, he's a comedian, so I didn't know. But that was the first time I was just like, I don't want to meet too many people. There was a couple of others. It's just I just don't remember, like off top, but it was a couple of others where I was just like, hey, what's up. And it was like people were like I was just like, all right, cool, So you graduated from rappers, yeah, the actors whatever, like like is a matter like most people don't reciprocate the same.
Speaker 2: Type of love that you that you distribute, so it's cool.
Speaker 1: I can roll with it. No no, no, I never met MJ. No, No, no, I'm not picking up this story again.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good. No, no, no, but that's that's a story. But that's not story with me. Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He ain't front of me. He's on hip hop.
Speaker 1: So before we get up out here, I want to run through the album, right, that's what you were here for, y'all. A new album, right, yes, So I want you to say something about it real quick as I want through the songs. So, y'all. Father talked part one the intro. Oh yeah, that was just me just saying, let me just rap. But mind people, I can still rap. You named a lot of white women. Yeah, he was going on, I gotta I love I love the pink toes Man, you love. I like, I love it, not not not love him, but I like playing with him. I like when you rap because it's like yo, he like he breaks it down and he goes in. You know what I'm saying. It's like in a way most people can't do.
Speaker 2: He got a fetish too for white women.
Speaker 1: This is a soul man. Tell we talked about y'all the soul man look. So we got we like pink to doctor Brother. It is doctor umar man. That school over another brother, Umar, doctor Kumar. We're still waiting for the school, but you are welcome here. Brother, you can school us. Yeah, and bring a white woman with you. Okay. So, dear God, you're still right?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 1: Do you still no? No? It's I talk. I pray every day. But on the first album, I did this song with marsham Brochs and it was.
Speaker 2: Like she came with it.
Speaker 1: Don't you remember you told me you love we was I write a letter to guard So I was like, when't we just double up on that record and be like, yo, that.
Speaker 2: Album was eleven years ago and the world's getting worse, Like what.
Speaker 1: The going on?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right there, bro like out of truth in the in the song, and it's like yo, Like I could say he poured his heart into it, but it's like, yo, you know what, Like he put a lot of truth into it.
Speaker 2: Because it's sad.
Speaker 1: I get sad seeing these young kids, like the young Dolph, Like, look at all of your nipsey hustle pop smoke. Like it's to the point now we so CNB Rocks, P and B Rock We're so desensitized to it now. When it happens it's like monthly Wizard kid named from from Dallas, Like, we're just sensitized almost like it's supposed to add supposed to get too terrible. Man, it's terrible. We had poking big stood out to us, and we ain't getting this game to die. We gain the ship to get away from that ship. You know what I'm saying. We left the streets to come in and prosper and read and move to the suburbs. Now these motherfuckers is getting in the game and dying young like babies like. And we look at it like, oh now, it's the disensitation to where we're not. We don't raise a big flagment that this ship gota. This ship is gotta stop. Us are the people because this is this is hip hop and all be based around the music. It always has something to do with some hip hop ship's destruction today. That will were the same way that when I say that shit all the time, I'm like, you put all these influential people right now on the song and tell motherfuckers yo, chill yo, we got to stop this ship. I've seen this ship with Michael Jordan one time, right and it made me lose so much respect for Mike as a person. I don't. Matter of fact, I won't say I lost respect for him, but I was sad. I was hurt by it. Where member kids used to get killed for Jordan's back in the day. They wanted him to do a press conference right and be like, Yo, we need you to tell these kids, these these sneakers ain't worth dying over. Like he was like, that's gonna take away the value the shoe. I ain't doing that, ship doing that. If I do I do that, I want to think I'm gonna go down from a buck to sixty to forty. I ain't doing that. But they like they're killing them. They're killing each other over your sneakers. And he was like, nah, it's gonna and I'm sure it probably wasn't him, it was probably somebody. He was like, Bro, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: A couple of bodies ain't shit.
Speaker 1: And now when you look when we look at it like what drill music was and all this shit was, and we know who funds the drill movement, it ain't these kids. They don't got the money to push records. We know that. We know who push the buttons or the platform order platform. They don't have that. So you when we see all the negativity that come back to self destruction to our community, even with the young ladies, with the females, how they all hyper sexual and all that shit. I got two daughters, Bro, I'll be looking at that shit like Yo, y'all need relaxed.
Speaker 2: Y'all got to relax with this shit.
Speaker 1: Because y'all are the Unfortunately, rappers have become all leaders. Bro. It's unfortunate, but it's real. Who else do we look up to like? We look up to like rappers, not even athletes. Athletes look up to rappers. Everybody looks up to hit the hip hop gods, everybody. Jay Z's the top of the food chain when it comes to black culture. If you ask people, yo Arralcun's here, jay Z's here. Where they gonna be at? You only gonna have both ties a weird. Anybody else is over there and he's and he's J's a rapper. So we have to we hold that responsibility, and a lot of people don't want to hold it. That's why when you talk about four four four, you hear a growthriend jay Ship telling niggas, I could have bought a building for two Dumbo. Now the building Dumbo like telling you be financially responsible to all of this ship and they don't care if we if our kids get that or not. They don't give a ship. They want whatever it's gonna sound so not not to be long window. But yeah, that's let's let's get into weld Weshes. That's a song telling everybody that want to see you lose and hate yo, even though you want to see me fucked up, I want to see you. Yeah, yeah, it's fix help you. It was like a hated nigga that like and you you know, you know what, son, it's sad that you want to see me fuck up because if it was up to me, you be in my shoes, right.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Meet Raymond Riches.
Speaker 1: It's really it's really the guy who's trying to get motherfuckers be like, come on, man, it's the soul seal nigga, Like you want fame and Riches fuck with me, bro, like, look at these other niggas you gotta It comes to the point right where your integrity got got to kick in in some stage because they said that pimper sell his own ass if the whole ain't making no money real, So you got actually said, who am I in this situation? I'm not a pimp all hole, I'm I'm a leader, I'm a black man. I'm like, y'all not gonna get me in this situation where I feel like I got bend over because I want a nice call. I want to I want to keep up with the Joneses. I remember going to Germany for the first time, Like I said, I love traveling, and I noticed all the calves with five hundreds every day, every call was a business. So I'm like, we be over here dying, selling drugs, willing to out there, and I'm like, we're down for the ship. We be out here and selling drugs, robbing, doing everything. The fucking driver some ship that it's just a materialism and they got us fucked up with that ship. So that that was one of them things like bro, find find something to lift the stand to stand on as a man, because once you find a purpose, a lot of us don't.
Speaker 2: Know our purpose.
Speaker 1: Shit. Once you find your purpose, your life is going to open up. All the doors in your life gonna open up. I got a purpose to be here. Who's for the young? For the young?
Speaker 2: Another one like it speaks to the kids.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: You know they always say this is a young man's game, right, So who's us as elders? What are we teaching the young people?
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 1: It's a young man's game. But we have a responsibility as that. If I'm a parent, I ain't gonna tell my kyo feed yourself now you will be having for dinner. Nigga, you figure it out. I got it. I gotta make sure you get the nutrient eating the full healthy food groups so he can grow big and strong. We we these are our babies. We shun our babies.
Speaker 2: I ain't fucking with that.
Speaker 1: We ain't fucking with that.
Speaker 2: Like, go go figure out on your own.
Speaker 1: So when they do, when they all in disarray and fucked up, and and the only niggas around is the old ges, who's trying to do negative shit? Yeah, we got to look at ourselves at some point. That's why I'm saying, who's for the young ones? Who's for the babies? But it ain't us and who because we are the elders, we're the elder statesmans of our community. Yeah, my child, it's me talking to God again, like saying, please don't let my child go.
Speaker 2: Through the ship.
Speaker 1: I went through, and I want my son going out, a fourteen year old son right now, and I'll think of myself at fourteen. I think of you and you fourteen, we came through up through high Land and try on Dfy and we was we was getting we was getting there, was already prepping us for prison when we was twelve thirteen years old. Right. So by the time when you go through Dfy, by the time you make it up north, nigga.
Speaker 2: That shit is cake walk.
Speaker 1: First you know how to big First we go through Falfort. Did they send you try on a high land Pullum Valley?
Speaker 2: And then next thing you know, you're in the big house. But you feel like ship.
Speaker 1: This is just a graduation, like going from high school to prison, going from d f our. So you go in there, you see other d f Y kids and ship you've been yo, son, what up? Some wh y'all were smoking weed, we cutting niggas And the ship is like, damn, this ship is like normal to us. And I'm looking at my son now, I couldn't fathom my son being in no green or kaksaking yard.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't know what the fucking.
Speaker 1: Dude that like, that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Gatat a great thing. Thank y'all for this again.
Speaker 1: Man, this ship is big to me. What you were saying, what you're saying, Nah, I said that changes like the the tables turns from when we was young and like we've grown and it's like what we want for the kids. It's like to do their thing, and it's like it's happening. You know, these kids are smart waists. The thing with technology that they have. That's why I got so many young millionaires. These kids are making so much. When you got a guy like Constant and see how much money he's making. Pick up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's positive.
Speaker 1: He's positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a very part.
Speaker 1: He's a good Like if my son looked up to him, I'd be happy, like because you know he's a young kid. He's while a off guard. But other than that, Oh yeah, that's funny. What was that nigga? They know what came through my Yeah, he came through Miami. Shut out to him as well, shout out. I like that kid. See, I don't even know this kid, but he's he'll rases anybody. Motherfucker clowmb tree like any this nigga do eighty five backflips in the road. I'm like, this little athletic motherfucker's cool, bro and and and they got to bring the audience with them. Let's go with no like, no witness witness Me and my man Benny the Butcher. That's like I kind of bought Bennie in the dang outside of Griselda.
Speaker 2: His cousins in them.
Speaker 1: But Benny was the first person that his first radio interview. I sent him to see Static Selected. He came, my man brought him. My man was up north with him. I got this kid from Buffalo, and I remember them Buffalo niggas up north was nice. So I'm like, he's from Buffalo. I want to hear him usually like I don't Buffalo nigga. I'm like, we hear this nigga because I know if the niggas was getting busy. So I'm like, so he brought him. He's like, his name is Benny. It was just best ever in New York. That's what his name still for fort Bennie the Butcher. It was best ever in New York. And then why so I met him and I heard him rap, I said, yo, I got I called Stack Selected. I said, y'all, I just met this kid. And because Static like people come up on his radio show on rap, I said, you got to have him up here. Static was like, what's his name? I'm like Benny. He's like a nigga named Benny. Fucking with it. I'm like, trust me, Static, this nigga's going say nigga Okay, no, no, I mean that's another one of my brothers. Man.
Speaker 2: Static is a real and uh yeah.
Speaker 1: And I sent him up there and he went up there and did what he did and from that and then when when he got when he got with his cousin who started Griselda already, and I watched his career flourish, I was so proud, like I wasn't being a West Side gun. Yeah, west my gun. I was like, yoah, I knew it because you saw it was about It was about a skill set. It wasn't about no can make. He ain't have a fancy shirt on and no ship like that. The niggas just correct, right, you know what I'm saying. He could rap man, Yeah, Bennie rappers as on all of the niggasrap Conway, Conway Room Street, all of niggas is beast. You know. Ransom ran Rans on album like he's a total beast. Ran Bennet beast since since ran in Hitchcock, like when when KLU had them. A lot of these guys get their second win, and I love seeing that because Bennie's first ten to talk to was in two thousand and four. That's what my friend. That's how long this kid. I found out he was rapping for that loan. I'm like, yo, you had a mixtape in oh four twenty something years ago. Wow, that's like when my first mixtape came out. He was like, yeah, but I was in Buffalo. So now niggas in the city wasn't hereing us, you know what I'm saying. But in Buffalo I was killing shit. I was like, dn, those come to assistency, perseverance, like it's gonna get the show. Let's go to two thousand and now that's just some hip hop said so explaining the story, Yeah, because because it was timeless because we did it so long ago.
Speaker 2: And Q Tip said, never say the year?
Speaker 1: What song is that?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 2: Q Tipp be like, never say the year? Like, don't say the year?
Speaker 1: Did you in? I forgot the name of the song? You know, you guy of going on one of them tribe albums. He says, never say the year in your songs because you dated dated dating it. So I was like, but it's too loud now people like now the press thing the album is new, like you know yourself was like, yo, it's it's a new album. It's like and it's actually kind of old, but it's like it got it's got its repetition, you know, stand power. I was even debating with the fact that should I tell people that we did it that long ago or should I just let them assume. But to me, it's kind of like a testament and how music has stay in power. I could go listen to certain albums and certain music, not just hip hop, from any genre, and it's the feeling. I get a feeling, and once I could, I could like some and I could feel something. It's two different ships. I I like this ship, I don't feel it. I like it, but I don't feel it like they ship. Like I said when I went to put myself in danger to go here t o and why that's because whenever that's don't come on right now. But I feel like, oh my god, either crop going to fucking out, I'm chilling or about to go do some dumb ship and it's just that feeling, and it's a feeling you get. That's that's why when you talk about mad that go ready to die, it's that's the power of music. Man music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's think it's a toxic glove.
Speaker 1: That's That's one of my favorite songs on the album, because I think we've all been in one situations where the sex is keeping us around longer than we should be. There. I know you're married, man, so you it's probably like before yeah, before that, married anybody like you know what, you know what with a good box and like damn, I said, and you know she likes she might like you, she wants more than that, So you're gonna play the game just to get the box. So for that week, you're gonna pretend like you like this bitch, like how you been Shorty. She's like happy to hear from you, and you know you're playing and just the fuck it, you fuck you probably won't call again for three months. So I'm like, so the whole shit is like, all right, let's Shorty go find a good nigga bro. Don't be that toxic nigga bro. So it's more so about us. So it's the man that's toxic, all right. So one eighty seven point four FM DJ Titty touch let's a skit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's on my first album.
Speaker 1: We uh, we played off doctor dre and which is just I did DJ t titty touching. That's his ripe Easy Dick, that's his right hand man, and mom DJ titt like. So we just played off that to keep the continuity of the album with Johnson, the album with Buck Okay being necessities.
Speaker 2: I love that song too.
Speaker 1: It's just saying we don't need as much as we think we do a lot of this gluttony ship. What the fuck is it they gonna do with a hundred million dollars? Like that ship is a lot of money. Man. I wanted.
Speaker 2: I wanted to, but I probably give it, right, I probably.
Speaker 1: Give it away.
Speaker 2: I probably give it away.
Speaker 1: They don't need it, but I probably give it away, bro, because after you you don't drove every call, like you said, what else is it?
Speaker 2: You don't drove every car? I got a lot more work to do.
Speaker 1: But Gotti, you know what that car gonna do is gonna get you to eighty be bro, exactly the same that can't read up exactly. It just looked nice.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 1: I noticed? It was a guy I believe he was accounting, and he said he has to stop buying gifts for his rewards because that's deep. Like so every time you you you win here by something, you buy yourself again and again. He's like, he's like he spoiled himself so much that it wasn't about the work, it's about to get gas. And I was just like it was. I don't know if you ever see them horder shows where people just keep crazy, people become horders of money, like they don't have no purpose to why they have it. They just want a bunch of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got to think, what can what can you do with a billion dollars or not exactly bro the fun there's countries that don't even have them.
Speaker 1: Exactly whole country. Why do you need this kind of money for what?
Speaker 2: And then you don't do shit?
Speaker 1: I need a lot of them. I need to find out why that we needed. But what are you willing to do? What you will? That's the thing. What do you will? Are you willing to im not not even no crazy ship? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you willing to say funk?
Speaker 1: What what's gonna hinder me from getting that even though it's the right thing to do, like spearing up and saying certain things, especially when you have a voice. So that's why they call these kids influencers. Now, oh he's an influencer. He got this many followers. You got a million followers, he's an influencer. Think about a rapper who a hundred million people love and look up to your influence, your influencer or steroids nigga. So whatever you tell people to do, they're gonna do it. Tell you something and I'm glad you bring that up. The other day, you know, you follow your algorithms, and I'm what one point one point something million. I saw three fucking females that never did the worry for they never fast the square garden nothing something like six million. They don't got looking at the clicking on this ship. That's crazy. Three don't even talk. That's what that matters at the end of the day. Really got accola, Yeah, you did a lot in these women to see me on the streets. She would look at me like I ain't ship. Yeah, like you got point six word, like that's real ship. Like they don't even look at the numbers that numbers lie, though numbers do lie. Dying never goes out of style, shouts and ransom. You know what? You know what song I was trying to channel when I made that song. Yeah, nobody, No, No, it's close number little ghetto boyto just want the original record what you want to do when you grow up? So I'm like, damn because he's talking to the kids. So I'm telling the young kid like, dying never goes out of style, Like nigga, niggas, you could die like that's one thing that's life and death. So if you think, Okay, I'm gonna be out here in these streets and I'm gonna end up somewhere and ultimately in life, nigga, you probably gonna end up in that in a box, either one of the either the pine box or the box with the gates to put the balls in front of it, because you set yourself up for failure and down. When I say dying ever goes out of style, that means to reap the grim reapers waiting he's collecting. You don't care how much money you got, I don't care what color you off. You play. If you play stupid games, you're gonna win stupid ass prizes, and that's just how the shit go. That's why a lot of these kids, one thing, were talking about rappers dying. One thing, they all, most of them, not all of them, but ninety five percent of them had in commonedy. They was all in games. They were all gang affiliated. See what I'm saying. When you sign up for that shit, you signed when you sign up to go to a gang. And this whole shit is going on with the snitch and shit, right, Lennoy from a time where if the nigga was a snitch, you're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to handle that. You're supposed to handle bitness. He didn't even just talk about it, Yo, this nigga.
Speaker 1: Told and let him walk by. Snitches get stitches. You're supposed to get with. You're supposed to be willing to risk. If we're really playing my street rules, you're supposed to be willing to risk your freedom to do something to that guy because he's a snitch living that life. If you live in that life, so don't you can't be halfway with it. A nigga like he told and just let him walk by? What do you don't know about j ship? Like when it's like yo. He came in the room and it's like yo, he with you like yo. Sorry, that was the funniest. That was the funniest. Yeah said yo. Nigga recoiled like that in the world that back.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the artificial love. Yeah, that's just a skit, another skit and the right. I called it artificial love because I used AI Hey. Yeah, yeah, yeah I did. I used it AI skited to talk about what I typed it them. But I use the AI voice because the artificial is fake. I'm saying, all this love that niggas is that that should be there. It's a lot of fake. Like even with us in this industry, niggas smile on your face, they'll hug you to that. Niggas show you his back teeth and then you call the nigga nigga. One thing about it. You know, I hit you know real, be a real one. You know, even even I don't like to reply hit me back some of the I got you, I tell you I got you something. But it's always going always gonna hit you back. You always gonna let you know. I'm tapped in and I'm sigying, I'm sighing like fucking hold one of the niggas, but he could easily curb me, like fun this niggas. But that's that's the real Real niggas do real things, and that's one of the dealership be Ever said. That's why I wish he would have had more time on this earth.
Speaker 2: Real niggas do real things. That's I used to love with you.
Speaker 1: Real niggas do real thing and not to use it in but real people do real shit, you know what I'm saying. So is there any love in the world shout out to my boy my song like I had to go to man, I just don't have to take it to my song on some real black black man shit. You know what I'm saying. This is a real It's that's why I called Paint the World Black. I just care about my people. I care about everybody. But I think we need the most help because we haven't figured it out yet. And all we've been through is the people and we're still here. Yeah, we got we got everything we need to be like like Asians, like Jews, like build our own communities, and we.
Speaker 2: Still got ghettos.
Speaker 1: Bro in twenty twenty five that she doesn't make sense, but has to have all these resources and we still got ghettos, like we still I was, I was doing some shit. This was just like twenty twenty two. So I was doing some shit with my man Larry Meistrich to do to produce belly and all that shit. So he's a football coach as well, so he's like, Sanga and the kids love you. I want you to come with me and new work to come coach these kids in football. You know I like football and shit. So these we go on here coaching these kids. First of all, they walk past gang members every day. We got to stop gang members from fucking trying to recruit these niggas like Sun pick up a flag, you know what I'm saying. So that's one thing. He's white, so he's he needs me to be the blackface to be like yo, because I could talk to Son and like, let the nigga come to practice, bro, like stop trying to make the nigga gang bang, and it'd be some of the bro big brothers and all that ship to the point where Newark is a tough town.
Speaker 2: You like, you got to get it on with some of these niggas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, fam, we just trying to do right now, and I find myself in these situations, so what fuck me up?
Speaker 2: It's like, this is Newark.
Speaker 1: Like shacks from Newark, clean up teams from Newark, not the not the like put the light on them. But the school had to forfeit games because they couldn't afford the proper equipment to play against other schools that had up, so they had to do coporate gamesrate corporate gangs. So they had to forfeit their gag yeah, because the equipment wasn't up to pall. So I'm like all of oh, they had to cut the boy cut the I'm like, nah, we don't need the we got we come together, we got this. We can't afford fucking football uniforms for these kids in twenty twenty three, twenty and in the schools that they want to play, they want to play. These kids want to get out the street, they want to play football, but they got they can't even play. So that's a deterrent that's gonna make you be like, fuck the what's the point of me playing? We can't even play. I'm nice and I can't even play because we can't afford helmets. Fucking I'm gonna go join the cripts like the ship is bugged out and we don't we don't speak up enough as the people as a as a I hate, just hate that word community because we ain't got no unity. You can't say community without unity. So you have unity, you don't have a community. That's just it. The the Games got a WBGT, they got a community. Fuck with them if you want to. The Jews got a community. If everybody got a community, we call our shit the hip hop community, the black community. We got neighborhoods. We don't got communities. That's why we say the hood. I'm from the hood. We don't say I'm from the community, because nigga, you don't you beef. You shoot across street, you live across street from you. How is that a community? Would you ever do reality TV again? No? Never, never, unless unless I can control the edit and tell what I need and tell the story I want to tell. I would never do that again because the edit we have a different bottom line, there's a different like subject. If it's like you speaking to the youth, I still got to see the editcause because they if their goal is going to be to give viewers, they're gonna use drama. Somehow they're gonna make something dramatic. So what made what made you start thinking like that? My experience? Yeah, Love and hip Hop?
Speaker 2: Because you know my baby moms relax. I'm sorry, cool right now? Yeah, So what what makes you think like that?
Speaker 1: I love this thigg though, you gotta relate. What made you think like that? What experienced in Love and Hip Hop? Like it was the edit? Because everything that they were doing didn't actually happen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh yeah, I mean it was happened to Jenda.
Speaker 1: Give me. Let me give you an example, like on a reunion show. Right, there was a time where me and hers trump We're both telling our side of the story, and every time I would try to talk, she would cut me off, yo, because she ain't want no dirt on her name. So I'd be like, I don't hardly know this girl. Me and this girl never been We have a kid, but we never even we went to dinner one time. I'm like, let me tell us. Every time I try to tell a story, she'll cut me off.
Speaker 2: She cut me off.
Speaker 1: She cut me off, She cut me off, right, So I'm like, cool, you keep cutting me off. I'm gonna let you talk because you you must got more to say. I'm not going to interrupt you. One time. I let her speak. She sits there and tells her side of our story.
Speaker 2: I sit here and let her get all of it out. So I said, can I talk now?
Speaker 1: It's the reunion show. Can I speak now? She's like, all I gots When I go to speak and tell my side of the story, Erica, what about she cut me a cook? So then I go, I get frustrated, so I'm like, shut the funk, shut up, shut up, let me talk.
Speaker 2: When they aired it, that's.
Speaker 1: Trying to say one word, and I was like, shut the funk off. I was like, Yo, that's not when I fucking happened, you know. I'm like, that's some likes a piece of ship. I'm like, yo, this just showed me trying to be like yo, can I get a word in? Like that what happened? So when they aired it, she went to talk and she was like a damnsel and distress, like you know, when I be trying to talk to shut the funk off, I look like going Stirling. I'm like, oh hell no, I said I that was just a re Union show. Did you feel that they violated you on an actual show? Did they? Did they do? You know what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because what happened was.
Speaker 1: They was fucking me at first, but once they seen that me and her, they were That's why Stevie J. Was smart. He started saying, fuck it, I'm gonna play the game. I'm gonna start making silly little faces and I'm gonna be a womanizer. And niggas is womanizer. A lot of niggas womanizers and they know that. But when you put a womanizer on the show with a demographics ninety seven percent women and watch that ship, we didn't go home and run home and watch Loving hip hop. It was girls females, So they like, oh, we could make niggas look any kind of way, and you know that's what they were doing.
Speaker 2: Like, fuck, it is the opportunity.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get us ratings, it's gonna make him look like ship, it's gonna make the girl look good. Let's do it. Yeah a formula. I love loving him, but I know I love watching it still. Yeah, I haven't been watching the news. Yeah, they got like loving hip hop. Ohio over there like all kind of shit. I want to go to Loving Hip Hop Nebraska. Yeah, they got that ship. Probably Mona don't even own it. She never owned it.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy show.
Speaker 1: I was physically there, but I've seen it do online. She's working with Buster again and I seen I've seen them both looking so happy together. I was like, you know what I mean, it's almost like Chris like he was looking down. Remember I was on Violate. I hate it being on Violet because your niggas and again ship the niggas. I'm being violent, you know. I hated it because you know Mona's officers over there, Chris had the big ship niggas like me. They was giving me dude, do love.
Speaker 3: My brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were putting the niggas on. I'm like, I can't talk to Chris today. Christ is busy with buss with you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, bro, like what do I get sit down with? At least talk to Mona now, Mona. Mona's busy with this something like do love again?
Speaker 2: You got to talk to that Joseph. There was Lord Dublin Lad.
Speaker 1: I like them. They was trying to help me.
Speaker 2: They was like, Yo, don't worry, keep.
Speaker 1: Going, don't put me on your you was on violence. I was happy with that. I got that V I was like violators baby Chris, I was, oh man, it depends like who like your fraction, and it's like and who you with like as a producer, like coming down and coming down the Violator. She'd be like, Yo, you know what, Yo, just come here. It's like, don't don't take it nowhere else the small fish and big That happened to me before Violator. I'm gonna tell you when I was doing Entourage, you ever heard of the firm as a management company in LA. They only do holly, They only do so top of the line actors and a listeners. So because I was on Entourage, these motherfuckers came and signed me. So I'm like, damn signed to the firm, this big ass. So I'm like what other hip? I noticed these niggas ain't know what they were doing. So there was like we got two other rappers. I'm like, who are like Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube. I spied the fun so you don't got I can managed Snoop dog Bigga. I can pick up anybody and be like yo, I got Snoop Dogg. Yeah, I'm like so that's what that's the reason why y'all niggas ain't picking up my call like we'll. Snoop ice Cube and Sigone were the only three urban acts in this whole company.
Speaker 2: And I told her, I said, I gotta get the fuck out.
Speaker 1: I need one of.
Speaker 2: Niggas gonna pound the payment with me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm an underground They only cared about anthor IgE like this might fuck it might be a big actor one day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, nah, I'm an underground rapper.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like I still want to rap, Like this ship this is cool, but I want to rap so and then I went from there to Violator and then there was.
Speaker 2: Another little fish in the big pond. So I'm like this all over.
Speaker 1: Again because I went from Snoop Dogg and to these niggas like Jory and Caple and I'm like, shit, different same thing, same shit, no intention. But I was just happy to be around that energy though, and say I was a part of this history. I have to be a part of violetor yeah, it was part of the history, bro, even working with like I got a jay Z verse, bro, like I'm about to act. When was the first time jay Z took your beat. Oh ship, he took mad beats. Who was the first one, first one I think was king my kingdom come. It was probably show me what you got, Show me what you got now you get that up. That wasn't you. I know it was mad. You know what, it wasn't totally act like you was mad. It wasn't a man supposed to act like I was going mad at Joss. You had verses that already. No, no, I wasn't in style that it wouldn't even kingdom content were because I couldn't figure it out. I was trying. This is when I wanted that Nigga just kept to me. That's like one of my least I don't even think jaybody it like that. Get I could get rid of that j that wasn't in this kingdom coming.
Speaker 2: And then come on baby.
Speaker 1: And the one so the last one he took, he put a verse on it and then he then he was like, yo, I'm about to take some other shits. I was my son, but he was like, nah, I'm keep that verse. You can keep that half a verse something on the other ship. Because if you listen to the song, you don't even finish. They can tell that the nigga didn't. That's how valuable the vocal nigga voice was enough. You can take this. I got people. Yeah, now he killed it, but he used You could tell he didn't go in there. He ain't. Fifteen nigga gave me fourteen and a half fall. A lot of people can't say they got ah. Yeah, And I still play that ship to people today, like you never heard this ja verse, like you're right, I never heard it. I'm like, damn nigga niggas didn't me do? And you know what's funny. I want to say shout to e bro Bo because I realized last time I was on here, it.
Speaker 2: Was very hard on you, bro, and I was hated him to tell yeah fuck remember oh yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And I think that's just me and my feelings because at the time we were friends and I felt like you're ebro. I felt like I thought we were more friends than I guess, like the industry ship than we were because when he banned me from how eety seven, like you're familiar, Yeah what you get banned for? Probably oh okay because that happened, yeah yeah Monday, not like that, Okay, So but they bade me for a whole Yeah, I'm like, nobody got hurt, nobody got shot. And I just think I carried this animosity for so long because I thought we were friends. But on drink Champs today, e Bro, thank you for everything you did do for me, and thank you for being when you all cool, you was cool, and you know what I'm saying, that's right. Probably I spoke to Ebro this morning that So, Buck, is there anything you want to say before we get up out of here? See your fans please, man, No, okay, just digging in the prace man, talk that ship to get the album. Please get the album. Man. It's like, Yo, you're gonna be surprised, man, like you'll before you'll be full, you know what I'm saying. And I got more to come. And Buck did as last album. A lot of people slept on the album.
Speaker 2: Last album.
Speaker 1: He produced the whole thing, and that's some of the ass best work to me, What what what label that came on? On?
Speaker 12: It was independent Hood Records Records, but it was it was indeed, so said the Hood Records not knowing how to promote.
Speaker 1: And it's like I'll be like, yo, you know what you got to promote market it. This time, it's like we got to do another project. It's singles, first single, second single, it's Street Records, and it's like this is this will be more structured. You know. What I'm saying is the right way. So if you want to get if you want to get people's attend you have to get get the attention the right way, all right, yea? Make it another one you saying you hey, yeah, oh wow, you know that. Okay, that's why you ain't sending me no beats now. I know I ain't been getting on no beats, like about fucking five hundred samples, like what about to kill?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's crazy and I want to thank you. You did a joint on my album another time. Oh no, you got so see your old Rex's my favorite joint on the album.
Speaker 1: You still put down new projects. I mean I'm working on some stuff. Yeah, don't stop. You like you one of them voice bro listen, man, I who.
Speaker 2: It's about you?
Speaker 1: About you? Man?
Speaker 2: But I'm a fan bro ship you think I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: But it's anything you want to say to you, to your fans and to your people before we get I want to say everybody, go get Everymore ArKade. You know him in the tech world. I do a lot of shit like Evermore Arcades and new app music my way go download the app and like I got some directors. If you're an artist and you really want to get to your fan base, you don't need to go platinum to make money or you need is a good to three thousand fans to fun with you and you can make a living on his music best platform. Okay, and Evermore Arkad we got another shout out to my man. I ain't gonna say his last name because the last time I did, you went in on them.
Speaker 2: I did his name was two for our Yes, what.
Speaker 1: Mike semen about ever More Arcade now, But it's like you play games when you win money, So the way you got to set up is like this, I heard of this.
Speaker 2: The way you got to set up is Evermore.
Speaker 1: So it's really for like underprivileged people who got phones and they could play games so they could earn little legitly earn real money. So if you win Africa some third world country and you ain't got no money, or you got to do it because he's an advertising genius, so he's like they don't have to pay a nickel. All they got to do is sit on hand play these games and it generates them real money. So have them more.
Speaker 2: Shout to Shack for bigging up.
Speaker 1: Eva Moore, shout to sequille O Neil two man, who is great guy, and shout to you Nor you Man shout out to shout to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Yeah taking the picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first coming.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials. It's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real noriagon I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e f and on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 1: MHM