Speaker 1: All right, you found the brand new Second Date podcast today. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and hey, thanks for being here Today's Second Date. I'll just say this. I think it'd be really interesting if people left in the comments with the weirdest question you can ask on a first date is oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much blood does your body hold?
Speaker 3: Huh that?
Speaker 1: Or what kind of duct tape is your favorite?
Speaker 4: Although you cast the blood type, that could be useful.
Speaker 1: How about do you mind if I take my tooth out?
Speaker 5: Oh that?
Speaker 1: It definitely happened to you before. I just the one. You know, it's interesting. I went on one date with one guy and he was so hot until he took his front tooth out. It really just changes a person. Yeah, you had to take it out before before he ate. Yeah, So anyway, not ours. We want to know yours because there is definitely definitely an odd one in today's Second Date updates. Leave it in the comments, or if you're on the iHeartRadio app, you can actually give us a voicemail, so do it there as well, and let's get this second day started.
Speaker 4: Second Date up Date we have a textboard at seven eighty five nine two where listeners can send texts into our show, and unfortunately sometimes we do have to block people if they cross the line with us.
Speaker 1: It's been so long since I've blocked anyone, though, like I feel like years.
Speaker 2: Anytime you come out the girls or you're like Brooks a B word, you're blocked. Ye okay, only I can say.
Speaker 1: That's happening very often because we're blocking.
Speaker 4: If you're rude to any of us. Blocked, if you criticize our hero of the week because you didn't like my choice, block, if you compliment me and tell me that I'm cute and fancy, blocked. I'm a shy boy.
Speaker 1: I don't like compliments that come on scaring listeners are so nice.
Speaker 2: We are not blocking.
Speaker 4: People too nice if you ask me blocked. That's why one of our listeners, Aaron, reached out out to us because he's confused after he got blocked by somebody and he has no idea why we fight.
Speaker 2: The urge to compliment Jeff or you will be blocked right now.
Speaker 1: He's gonna say, was it Jose, Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 2: Block you right away.
Speaker 4: Aaron, what's up man? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Don't you talk about about the girls.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry he called you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't care. What is happening, Aaron? How are you doing?
Speaker 5: Oh? I'm doing good. I'm a little confused as the why I got blocked, but I was sold. Maybe you guys can help me out with that, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Did you say anything mean against people blocked? Here?
Speaker 1: I was taking unsolicited pictures or what? I'm curious are you blocked?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about text?
Speaker 1: Social media?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What are you blocked on?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 5: She blocked my number? Oh?
Speaker 1: Really personal?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so tell us about this woman who blocked you. What's her name?
Speaker 5: Okay, so her name is Jenna Ed. We matched on Hinge and we went on one kind of date.
Speaker 1: What do you mean kind of date? Was it like one of those pre dates where you just meet for coffee for twenty minutes to see if a real date's worth it.
Speaker 5: So as soon as we matched, we started talking and then we were hanging out like an hour later.
Speaker 1: What oh yeah cool, on the same day that you matched.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how well? So she told me that she was taking her dog out for a walk. So I said, Hey, I haven't got my cardio and yet today, why don't I come with you and we can just talk.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, you invited yourself to her dog walk?
Speaker 2: Okay, you random alexis your dog walker with this'll be a good date if a guy.
Speaker 1: Was dogs with guys all the time, Yes, it.
Speaker 2: Was a good, good idea.
Speaker 4: You walk the guys too little lesha on them and oh no, but I do make.
Speaker 2: Them clean up the dog poop.
Speaker 4: You don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Why did you just make so hopeful when he asked that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that that was a service. If it's offered out there, I got to look it up. But how did the dog walk go with Jenna?
Speaker 5: Uh? It was mostly small talk. It was kind of more like a pre date than anything where we were looking to know each other.
Speaker 1: And that's okay, I mean that to be expected. Yeah, what was the like chemistry or attraction level?
Speaker 5: I thought I was taking something up?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: She didn't seem like she cut it off, Like how did it end?
Speaker 5: So? Yeah, we were talking about hinge and how are you doing on Hinge? And I ended up making a joke where like, uh, yeah, I ended up having to delete Hinge because I just I had a full in box and people kept trying to talk to me and get with me. And it ended not long after.
Speaker 1: That that was to be That was supposed to be a joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it was a joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have so many people in my inbox that I just had to delete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said it to us. I didn't would have taken that as a joke. It sounds legit.
Speaker 5: Yeah. See, I maybe I messed up and she just thinks I'm full of myself when I was just trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: Sure, but that doesn't seem like enough to want to block your number from every wanting to contact you.
Speaker 1: Did things change after that moment?
Speaker 5: Uh? Not real? It ended not long after that, So I don't know. Maybe she wanted to cut it short.
Speaker 4: Is it possible that you're just a really slow walker and it pissed her off? Or yeah, you got to match her stride for stride?
Speaker 1: Just one of those guys who walks in front of the woman the whole time, like a step and a half. It drives me nuts.
Speaker 4: How's you're walking?
Speaker 5: I felt like I matched her stride for stride, but I wasn't really focused on that.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's say you got to pass on the walking what else could it.
Speaker 5: Have been, Brooke.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just wondering when you got blocked, did you like leave the date and immediately she blocked you or was there a couple of texts back and forth beforehand?
Speaker 5: Question. I tried texting her maybe half hour later, and it was it didn't go through. So it seems like she blocked me almost immediately.
Speaker 1: Tell you were blocked. It never it just never says delivered.
Speaker 2: Never check months later, still got delivered. Yeah, I through my text.
Speaker 4: We're all experts on different areas of dating in here, So okay, how long has it been since you got blocked?
Speaker 5: Been about a week at this point, you guys, what.
Speaker 1: If it's just an accident. What if she just got like you don't have two left thumbs and she has. I don't know. Sometimes I actually hit buttons in my back pocket or something, and like she's like, why isn't this guy calling me? That's a hopeful.
Speaker 2: In her pocket? Confirmed?
Speaker 1: You never know what the right butt sheet can do.
Speaker 4: Walk a dexterous cheek back there.
Speaker 5: But I mean, yeah, hopefully that's did. But I had a good time with her. I'd like to see if there was something more there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, she should definitely give you another.
Speaker 4: Chance or at least an explanation for why you've been blocked. We're gonna call her right now. Hopefully she hasn't blocked us already, but if she answered, I'm sure a lot of people have. But if she picks up, we'll ask her all the important questions and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Thank good?
Speaker 4: All right, man, hold on second date update. Just to recap real quick if you miss part one. One of our listeners, Aaron, hung out with a lady and that happened within an hour of matching. They were on a dog walk together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The crazy part is that walk only lasted a half hour. An hour later, he was already blocked. I mean, this girl works fast. Yeah, and we're trying to help Aaron get some answers about what he did wrong or maybe it was just a miscommunication that caused him to get blocked. We don't really know.
Speaker 2: At least we can pinpoint like an hour and a half time frame.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 1: We asked all about whether she liked him and what it was like with him. We never asked did the dog like you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Did the dogs like he? Shother did one bite the other.
Speaker 1: I don't think he had a dog. I don't think she was just joining him on apologies if he had a.
Speaker 4: Dog too, Aaron, could you get a read on Jenna's dog's feelings towards you.
Speaker 5: I think he was kind of focused on the walk. He gave me a sniff, he sussed me out, but he wasn't.
Speaker 4: Super that's not good.
Speaker 1: I see. I think that's okay as long as there's no growlly like nipping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean growling and nipping on my dates. That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Right from the beginning.
Speaker 4: I'm dying to get nipped.
Speaker 1: Butts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I don't know any last words erin before we dial the number.
Speaker 5: At the very least, I hope she answers, and I hope she telled me what I did wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good attitude going in to learn something. I like that.
Speaker 4: Let's set that bar super super low. So here we go. I'm dialing the number right now. Let's see if she picks up.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Jenna?
Speaker 3: This is this.
Speaker 4: This is a actually radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, who Yeah, there's a lot of us in here.
Speaker 4: We're a radio show and we do this segment that you're on right now called a second Date Update. We're hoping to pry a little bit into your personal life, if that's okay.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's where we help our listeners who've gone out with somebody and they felt like there was a connection. We try to be the investigators to figure out why a second meetup hasn't happened, or if something went wrong during the date. Yeah, and one of our listeners reached out about you, named Aaron.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, respond We figured you might not have the best reaction because we heard that after the date you blocked him and he just doesn't know why or if that was on purpose.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No, I definitely blocked him on purpose.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what we know is that you guys went on a dog walk and it didn't seem to last very long. So maybe you could tell us your version of the hangout and that would help us understand a little more clearly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I guess to start with, I thought he'd show up with his dog too.
Speaker 2: Wow, I assumed he had a dog already. The girls had to correct me.
Speaker 1: Why would you assume that.
Speaker 3: Well, because we met up to walk our dogs, so I thought, But we met up to walk my dog. He literally just wanted to walk with me while I walked my dog.
Speaker 1: That just sounds like a miscommunication. Mad me say, you need to get his cardio in for the days.
Speaker 4: I would have blocked him for that too.
Speaker 3: That's not why I blocked him.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So are you saying you're disappointed that he didn't have a dog?
Speaker 3: I was surprised, but I got over it quick. It wasn't that big of a deal. We were getting to know each other.
Speaker 4: So where did the date shift for you in your mind? Well?
Speaker 3: Then he asks me, so what's your credit score? Should I be worried?
Speaker 1: Well, he sounds like he's trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: He told us that there was a few jokes that he tried to make and they didn't quite land.
Speaker 3: It did not sound like a joke. He actually wanted to know.
Speaker 1: Did you tell Did you tell him?
Speaker 3: No? I didn't tell him. I thought it was so out of line.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's less like intense than it used to be.
Speaker 1: People in a thirty minute conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really quick. I mean I don't even know that we should be talking about that on a fifth or a sixth date.
Speaker 1: Okay, at different comfort levels when it comes to money.
Speaker 2: Okay, because some couples have joined accounts eventually and some don't talk about expenses.
Speaker 4: So is that where you felt like he crossed the line?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I mean fifteen minutes in and he's asking me about my finances.
Speaker 4: I all sure he.
Speaker 1: Wasn't joking though, Like when you didn't tell him, what kind of response did he give you?
Speaker 3: We both just kind of laughed it off, but he definitely still seemed like he seriously wanted to know.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's possible that it was a joke and it just didn't come across the right way, and the best way to find out is to have you well again, well to at least have you talked to him about it, because you might not know this, Jenna, But Aaron's on the other line right now, listening to this conversation.
Speaker 3: The guy I blocked is on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, him yet, But you say it that way, it doesn't feel as fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah. True.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he has an explanation though, Aaron, are you there?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey jokester, Hey, you.
Speaker 1: Want to know your social Security number.
Speaker 4: Next date to or at least say something to Jenna.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable. It's just in today's dating culture. I'm trying to find a long term partner and I'm right and not waste time.
Speaker 3: See, I knew you weren't joking. I knew you actually wanted to know my credit for that's a lot.
Speaker 4: But he wanted to know it for honorable reasons, because.
Speaker 1: He wants to be with you forever. Unless you have a score of under seven fifty.
Speaker 2: Yes, loans, love is not real.
Speaker 4: That's got to change how you feel about it a little bit, right, Jenna.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Oh man, man, and you see how that's kind of weird. What if she's the love of your life and she has a bad credits.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not very romantic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, to be honest, I was kind of asking to see if you'd be interested in like a no string attached financial compensation thing.
Speaker 2: What m hmm, like a sugar d excitation.
Speaker 1: What are you asking?
Speaker 5: Well, it's awkward to talk about on the radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, full of control over what you say and don't say.
Speaker 2: I feel like texting this is awkward as well.
Speaker 1: Do you know what he's talking about?
Speaker 3: I mean, it sounds like he's looking to be my sugar daddy.
Speaker 4: That's how it sounds, suss.
Speaker 1: I heard it as he wants you to be the sugar mom. That's so he's asking your score?
Speaker 4: Can you clarify eron?
Speaker 5: Get closer to what she said? I don't like that term. I don't see it like that. I would just see paying for companionship, not the weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Got it? So you'd be paying to have her on your arm, and that's all.
Speaker 1: If she's the one getting paid. Why is her credit score matter?
Speaker 5: Well? I need to know if it's something she's interested in. If her credit score is low enough, then you can build that.
Speaker 1: I see you were looking for a low credit score this whole time.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of a wait a minute, you want to help her life and like financial.
Speaker 1: There's a different app you should go on.
Speaker 4: The hints. I just can recommend four of them. But Jenna, are you are you hearing this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm hearing Its.
Speaker 4: Pretty shock sounding.
Speaker 1: Are you interested in something like that?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is definitely not the way that I expected this to go. I mean, I was with you, guys. I thought that he was making sure I had a flawless credit score here. I mean realistically, I think depending on the amount of money, anybody you could be interested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a second, we have to reach What does this mean?
Speaker 1: Hold on like this? This is a totally different type of relationship, certainly is.
Speaker 5: But jin you are interested?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I've never really thought about it.
Speaker 4: Do you do this first opportunity?
Speaker 1: Is it like an offer letter that gets passed over? Or how do you work out the details? Block him to text the details?
Speaker 5: If she would unblock me, then maybe we could talk about it between.
Speaker 2: No, I want to hear you don't hear about how much money he's gonna pay.
Speaker 1: This is so strange, Like at the beginning of this, I thought that you were upset because you were looking for something forever.
Speaker 5: But you're just It could definitely turn into that. I'm open to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, steps started.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's anything that sounds too good to be true. Jenny, you need to be careful of.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's brooks jealousy coming out. Have to listen now that they're in love, Like, wait a second, forever forever.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying yes, but I am open to thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, maybe you're open to the idea of unblocking Aaron and meeting up with him one more time, and we would pay for it, so you too could discuss the terms of the future of your relationship.
Speaker 2: The sugar aunts and Uncle.
Speaker 1: I feel like this. We're going to pay for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pay for it, jeff Well, he's going to pay for everything else not if at least buy the cup of coffee that they talk over.
Speaker 5: We don't even need to go out. I can send you a couple of texts we can see if you're into it.
Speaker 4: Okay, a little little negotiation STARTERA Well, that saves us money and I love that. So it's up to you, Jenna, will you or will you not unblock Aaron?
Speaker 1: That could be a new segment.
Speaker 4: The whole thing.
Speaker 3: I think I'll unblock him.
Speaker 1: Whoa romance dad.
Speaker 4: Looking Jeffrey in the morning. Attention to lady listeners with low credit scores. Aaron is looking to supplement your financial hardship as long as you are willing to walk your dog with him.
Speaker 2: You won't know.
Speaker 1: How hard that was for me to finally get it that he was looking for low credit scores. Yeah. By the time.
Speaker 4: The funny thing was at the start of the call. I mean he had a deep voice and he just seemed like kind of a sweet, shy guy.
Speaker 1: But he was like remember, he's like, Oh, I made that sarcastic statement trying to be funny. Maybe I came off to braggy.
Speaker 4: But once she got onto the phone, he wasn't messing around. He went right to the payment, companionship negotiation talk.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it was all business. I don't even know if I want an update on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's not a lot of heart in it, that's for sure. We can assume what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was like a middle fee we could get. Yeah, I don't know about that one. What I do call the pimp. What I do want is for all of our listeners to find our second date updates on our YouTube. Yeah, I want that for everybody. And wherever you get your podcasts, you can always find them at Brook and
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning,