Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser, a long tim stand of it.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some stocks on the move for you with us to do that.
Speaker 3: As Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon pronounce, she's here in studio. Good to have you here. Let's start with Boeing.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's ticker BA. It's currently falling about three point one percent. That's after the airplane manufacturers received a smaller than expected order for jets from China. Trump said China would buy around two hundred aircraft, though he later suggested that maybe they'll buy up to seven hundred and fifty. The details remain murky, but Melia's research is writing that while China is a large market, maybe it's not as important as it once was for Boeing, and more specifically saying that you can't be one hundred percent sure that you'll even get.
Speaker 5: Those jets sold, because that's that's the problem. As George Ferguson pointed out yesterday, are promo Bloomberg intelligence team that has been the challenge with China orders in the past. Like and you pointed this out yesterday in the newsroom, Carol, A commitment to buy something doesn't necessarily mean that plane will be delivered exactly.
Speaker 4: Trade tensions are something that you mentioned. Also geopolitical if something happens with Taiwan, all of these things could impact those orders.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, you want to see signs, you know, and make that you.
Speaker 5: Want that plane to and you want that delivered and that money to be exactly.
Speaker 1: I want the deposit. I want a big deposit because these things are expensive and it takes years to build them. Right.
Speaker 3: I want to go to Microsoft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go to Microsoft.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: That's ticker MSFT currently up about three point nine percent, biggest inter day leap in about a month. That's after Bill Ackman said that Pershing Square has built a stake in Microsoft. It's really capitalizing on the recent declines in that company's share price. He said in Microsoft's three sixty five products remain deeply embedded in large companies, which we already know. We use word, we use Excel, and strong demand for a zero shows that maybe some of those concerns that have about Microsoft's growth are likely misplaced. Also worth noting that while Microsoft shares are up, Google's are down a tiny bit. So that's Alphabet's parent company. After he said that he sold Google in a response on Twitter.
Speaker 3: As well, you know, and it's interesting Microsoft's down about twelve percent year to date, right, So I mean he just is that they're kind of endorsing the company, right.
Speaker 1: It's not pushing for any kinds of changes or board seats or anything.
Speaker 4: Like that yet, but who knows that could come later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, I'm just speculating.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's next Dexcom.
Speaker 4: Another question of this is.
Speaker 1: It is number one gainer in the S and P and the Nasdaq one hundred.
Speaker 3: It's like, just all right, tell.
Speaker 5: Us the story.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's ticker. DXCM had to bring something from the healthcare world. It's currently up about five point nine percent most inter day since February. That's after activists investor Elliott Management took a stake in the diabetes company and struck a deal to name at least two independent directors to their board separately. Dexcom also offered a really rosy long term outlook at its investor day earlier this week. Also worth noting that Dexcom CEO was actually on BTV earlier today instead, and yeah, he said that customers taking GLP ones have actually higher utilization of their products, which that's always been a concern for investors of what exactly happens if people are taking GLP ones. Do they really need these continuous glucose monitors?
Speaker 5: I still want to monitor it.
Speaker 1: Maybe for those who have diabetes. Absolutely, yeah, I know people, And yeah, these meters are kind of game changers because you have apps and you can constantly monitor and.
Speaker 4: It's they've worked really well.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.