Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go. Are you ready for a break? Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Ready for a break? Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 4: It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Were with mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 3: It is Friday, October fourth, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number forty two. Welcome to the latest edition of The Break Live from the SWBC Mortgan Studios at the Star Wars presented by LGLG is the world's number one O led TV brand for eleven years accounting see why at LG dot com Fort Slash Old d evo. As you can tell by our host, everybody's in a good mood. It's Friday. Brian's got a bunch of challenges facing him for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Jim Harba going a.
Speaker 3: Little cold plunge there for about fifteen minutes, so yeah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: The old if you know the coach Harball there he goes in uh with his khaki pants on, belt, coaching shirt hat. So yeah, I have to do the Jim Harball. We're doing a remote today at the Southern Leisure Spas and they have a cold plunge, so I could do fifteen minutes of radio. Ambar has already given me like things to do and don't do.
Speaker 5: Do not put your whole head inside the cold water. That is not good for you. And also your hands if you have them in there, that's really really painful. Something about your hands.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you know, what's funny? I broke.
Speaker 5: The feet are not as bad, but yeah, you feel it. But your hands, I mean, I don't do my hands.
Speaker 2: See the thing with my hands, I've broken every one of my fingers. It might actually feel good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, broken every one of them, different times, different times. Yeah, like you're kidding, Like when you block and you're like, I've got him caught in face masks, I got some. I got my guys a little hooked there, not as basin one. Yeah, yeah, but every one of my thumbs had broken. Ye jammed and broken them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's been a football war win Bay. Yeah. I want the Super Bowl ring to jump into the cold water too, So just to be official, trying to be a coach, might have a hat on looks like Harrorball. I wish I had a Michigan shirt. No, I don't wish I had a Michigan You.
Speaker 7: Already looked better than Harball with a ring on, right bang?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 7: Is that I have nothing against?
Speaker 3: What's the personal shot there?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: I just felt y.
Speaker 7: Never on a super Bowl winning team, I don't believe.
Speaker 3: So he went to he took the forty nine. Yeah, yeah, and they lost to his brother.
Speaker 2: His brother, yeah and the horble yeah, all right, carry on? All right? Did you guys check the weather in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: As of this morning, it's still saying thunderstorms. Now I did say it's not as long. Yeah, I could end around nine.
Speaker 2: So okay, we uh. I'm bringing this up because yesterday on one three, the fan on the g Bag Nation, we had on the Pittsburgh the athletic writer for the Steelers. Yeah, I heard that, and he was his girlfriend evidently works for the news station there, and she's kind of a meteorologist lady, and uh so plugged in sair, plugged in, and she's saying that that that be worried about delays, lightning delays during this game. And I because we got to do we got to do postgame show too, so that that turns into a late one for us as well.
Speaker 7: I have a five hour drive to make after that game on Sunday, so I need I needed to wrap up as quick as possible.
Speaker 2: And you were like the new Feats of Strength guy, Like he took over my role of Feats of Strength guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, we got our we got our itinerary. And it says that we're gonna ride back in Dallas around three thirty am. Yeah, and I'm thinking that's optimistic because if we get these these delays, who knows what time will be getting not.
Speaker 2: To take much of the show. What's the latest you ever got home from a game after a flight?
Speaker 3: Because I won, Like, going coming back from Seattle is probably the longest trip you'd make, so a night game in Seattle would probably be the latest.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe one of those new England games, did you when we have some of the new England Monday night games or Thursday.
Speaker 3: Night game all day longer than Seattle. Seattle seems and maybe it's just what it felt like. Seattle seems like the longest trip we take.
Speaker 2: Miami had to make that trip. Last week Miami went to Seattle and play. That's that's the longest I think that's the longest trip you can go in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing was that that's probably a four hour five hour flight nor seven seven hour flight. Oh in the center of the country. Because because I.
Speaker 2: Did at one time scouting, I was I was living in Jacksonville, and it took me six to get to Seattle. But I had to go to Atlanta and then across.
Speaker 3: But it took me that is measured six hours. That's like going to freaking London. Yeah, it's a hall. It's a hall. All right, let's let's jump in.
Speaker 2: Let's go to London.
Speaker 3: Let's talk some right, we do that. Cowboys, Steelers, Let's start first with some injury updates. Kayln Carson, we've been hopeful that or Cowboys have been hopeful that he's going to be able to play this weekend. What are we hearing at this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Kayln Carson, Maybe a little bit more pessimism as the week has drawn on that his his progress through his shoulder injury is not really progressed. So maybe looking at a situation where Amanio ro Warrior steps in again. But Carson, I'm looking as a true game time decision going into Sunday, and then also staying at the cornerback position if we could, can we can we stay at the quarnerback position here with Trayvon Diggs. Tweaked his ankle yesterday in practice. Sounds like it kind of gave everybody a scare initially, you know, just calling back to a certain Thursday practice last year. But uh, he exited the field and it's obviously avoided anything major. H sounds like he's still lined up to play on Sunday, But it was just definitely a scare for a few moments yesterday at practice. But it sounds like Treyvon Dix is going to be good to go, but nursing that ankle as the week goes on, and we'll we'll see as the as the we goes on how he develops as well.
Speaker 3: Brian, what's your level of confidence? I guess let's start first with what did you see from or he had the interception in the game, but what do you see from him during the game? And then for all you guys, what is your level of coman's going into this game?
Speaker 2: You know, you his situation was really unique as far as you know here you are, You're you're going to be a call up, and you know they're trying, and you're you're kind of thinking like, okay, there, we're gonna address you. You're kind of a in case of emergency break glass kind of a situation. Then all of a sudden, you know, you you Cohen and you just can't get anything. You know, Booth can't get anything going, and he's he's playing poorly, and you know, you're worried about him throughout a game. And I give the Cowboys a lot of credit for you know, Mike and the staff and those guys for they they saw the situation developing and they're like, listen, we can't We're not going to be able to play this way. I mean, we're just it's just not going to work out. And so I loved how competitive he was, uh, you know, throughout the game. They asked him to play, you know, a couple of different coverages, asked him to play in the zone coverage, asked him play some man coverage. You know, he's a veteran guy, so he's able to you know, he's he's playing games. He's a fifth year guy, so it's not like he just got thrown in there like a you know, an undrafted rookie. This is his first opportunity. You know, he's played with the Giants, he's played with the Lions, he's you know, he's made some you know, he's had some games. But when you watched him play it, it didn't look too big for him. It looked like he fit in. It looked for somebody that probably got zero practice reps during the week. When you really kind of think about it, how much work did he really get going in that game? I mean, he he did a great job of kind of holding it, holding it together, and you know he probably he doesn't have the best speed, but you know, you saw him stay in position. You know, en route needs probably look for the ball a little bit better. It was a couple of times where he you know, he didn't see the ball coming and didn't have to try to adjust from that. But for just getting thrown into the fire like that, I think the guy came out pretty well for the way he played.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they definitely attacked him early and often whenever he stepped in and started in place of Booth in the second half. I believe it was two of the first three a place from scrimmage for the Giants last Thursday night. They went and attacked Oro Warria got two completions out of it for roughly twenty eight yards, if I can recall off the top of my head. But after that he started to settle in really well. I mean you could see that six foot two, two hundred pound frame. It really does benefit him. And when you pair that with Digs on the other side, and you just have big physical guys on well, I think could be more physical, but big as far as stature goes on both corners. I think if they roll with Oro Warrier with the full week of practice, and they roll him to start the game and with the understanding that he's gonna play all four quarters, then I think there can be a little bit better preparation going in this week. And I mean, you look at the receiving core for the Steelers. George Pickens is going to be a problem. I mean, he's he's a possession guy. They're gonna throw it up to him and they're gonna try to maximize some matchups with him. So if Orra Warriers lined up on Pickens, he's just got to use that six foot two frame and be able to kind of attack Pickens in the same way. But then you look around Van Jefferson, Roman Wilson, the rookie out of Michigan, Calvin Austin. I mean, these are some guys that I'm not a one hundred percent confident are miles better than ra Warrier. I think it's just a situation. If Pickens has lined up on Ora warriate, definitely keep an eye on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe a situation too with mccuamu, you know, and maybe think about could he get some action as well. I mean, it's it's it's Booth right now. They probably don't have a lot of confidence in Booth as a player, but I bet you they getting all three of those guys ready and if you know, if you know, we'll see how they rotated. But you're right, Nick, at least these guys have chance now to practice and get reps and get a feel for what the game plan is going to be.
Speaker 5: Well, it's been talked about during the week and this is a big moment for all these guys that are having to step up and take advantage of the opportunity. And it's been talked about with what happened with Dak Prescott, and the way he got his job, and we know that it can lead to a lot of great things if you take advantage and perform the way you need to perform. Obviously, going to be a big challenge when you get thrown in there and you just have to Right now, I call it. We're in survival mode with this defense. So we'll see how he performs and everybody else on the defensive side of the ball. But I think he did a really nice job with what was given. And Nick mentioned his physique and his frame that he has, and I think he has a good body for the position and what is being asked for.
Speaker 7: So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's talk about a couple of injuries for the Steelers. Alex Highsmith, who you talked about yesterday, Brian, Uh, he still did not practice. It looks like he's it's looking more.
Speaker 2: And more like he won't play.
Speaker 3: Nick Herbigh he did get upgraded to limit it, so actually so it looks like maybe he's trending toward at least the possibility of playing. We'll see where that that lands.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: They did have a defensive tackle that popped up on their injury report, limited Ogan Joby, who I don't know if we talked a lot about and I'm not sure exactly where he fits into overall game plan. But those running backs, both of them still did not practice as of yesterday. Cordello, Patterson and Jalen Warren. What are you thinking from the standpoint of the defensive tackle and the running backs looking like maybe they will have a hard time maybe getting to the game on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ogunjoby, he actually plays quite a bit in their on their front, So if if he can't go, or something happened with a girl injury yesterday in practice, something to keep an eye on today, then that's certainly notable, especially considering what the second level is looking like for them. Alex high Smith hasn't practiced this week with the groin injury as you mentioned herbig while he was upgraded to limited with the ankle I mean, as Kayln Carson's been limited all week, So it doesn't really tell us a whole lot. Yeah, and then the running back situation, for sure, I think if they are regaling from a defensive front standpoint, then that's gonna give this offensive line maybe a little bit more confidence going into this one. They need to figure out how to win the time of possession in this game. Like this game specifically, when you have a running threat like justin fields at quarterback, you have a Nase Harris who he won't have the big stat game, but he will wear you down as the game goes on. They will hand it to him twenty times if they have to, especially in a game that you're expecting rain on a grass surface, They're gonna lean on Harris quite a bit. So you need to win the time of possession battle in this game. And when you look at the nitty gritty of all that, these defensive front injuries are a big part of that. And if one or two of these guys can't play, then that probably leads you in the direction in that category.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that the backups there, Dean Lowry and then you know and then Adams of the two backups and louder Milks involved as well, that their their backups. It's you know, it's you know, they're in the same situation that kind of like Dallas is. I think Dallas has got better backups than what the Pittsburgh Steelers have when it comes to their defensive line. Now, their defensive line, when you look at Benton and Hayward and Watt and you know that's a that's a that's a quality group right there. But the backups that they have to go into a little bit of some of their depth there, that could be a problem as well.
Speaker 7: Again, man, I'm so.
Speaker 3: Tired at these emergency alerts.
Speaker 7: I saw your tweet this morning. I got I got it.
Speaker 2: I was actually up when you tweeted that.
Speaker 3: Of course that was the rest of Texas was up.
Speaker 2: I was actually up. I mean like I was awake when it happened my phone. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a there was something that happened in the Panhandle of Texas, like, which is what four or five hours from here.
Speaker 7: Texas, which is along to eighty seven as you're going into the Panhandle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, someone they were looking for some guy who I'm going to condure out a police officer, which obviously catch him, but they've been like sent at four fifty three this morning exactly, all the phones in my house start just doing exactly what just happened a few minutes ago, like what And.
Speaker 3: So I jumped out of my bed, thinking, oh, this guy's in my neighborhood. So I run. I'm starting to look around the house this is seriously.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm like, when you get something all that, you start thinking, well, they must be sending this to me because it's in my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: And so I'm thinking something's going on in the neighborhood. I'm like, honey, you stay here, I got this. No, I'm you can call the decent askar And I'm like around the house looking and then I come back and I try to get to look for some information on it, and I find out, no, this happened in the Panama. And I'm like, seriously, at four fifty three, you're gonna text me a message about this and alert I will say something happened in the Panana.
Speaker 7: There are two football stadiums in the entire state of Texas that go east to west and not north to south, at and T Stadium and the High School Football Stadium in Memphis, Texas. It goes right along to eighty seven.
Speaker 3: So that's why we have you on this ship, you know.
Speaker 7: So I was looking at it and I was like, why are we doing this? Oh it was a Memphis man this and I went back down.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was so you were able to go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: I was. Fortunately I ended up on it. Hey, what it's jarring? How that sound when it hits? Seriously, I was actually awake when it happened. I was answering Twitter questions, is what I was doing? And my phone just start going nuts, and I was like going, all right, what? And then then I found that I was like, you, I thought the guy was in the neighborhood, right, I thought to give me an alert the guy was around.
Speaker 5: He usually says the location on the notification on the alert was.
Speaker 3: Four point fifty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I woke up out of sleep and I just saw man on the loose, and so I'm like, oh, gosh, around here, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: They made it sound like he was in your neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really that I for some reason I didn't ob receive that.
Speaker 3: They didn't care to let you know, dark.
Speaker 5: Phone, I didn't get anything.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, small rest of Texas got it.
Speaker 7: Small town police chief, and they made sure the whole state knew about it. Which I hope that police chief is doing well. He can recovery up in love it. I don't up on it this morning, but yeah, wild situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well hopefully they find him, yeah and make all this work.
Speaker 2: Exactly And then notify us again that they found.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a first break, we'll come back. We'll got I got some questions for you guys. Actually, before we get to my questions, we got a segment where Amber's got some questions for us. O.
Speaker 5: Our segment presents Oh yeah, you were about to mess. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, we're gonna do that. And I don't know what we're doing, but we're gonna do something. So we'll do that when we come back from this break, and then we'll get some questions in the final segment, get some picks. We'll back Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheata Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has a T and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires COMPATBA plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five g for you forty deals.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 12: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas. Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. There's no appointment needed and no waiting room.
Speaker 2: Yep, you hurt that correctly.
Speaker 12: Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five, the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 13: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot.
Speaker 7: Of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 14: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 3: But with that Texas heat.
Speaker 14: It's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canhouler comes in much this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 5: At n T Connecting changes Everything.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to second segment of The Great Live from the s WBC Mortgage Studios at the star of the segment brought to you by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Is that the read for the second segment?
Speaker 5: No, this is yes, but we had some some misshress here. It's okay, we'll make it happen in the third.
Speaker 7: This is her segment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, what you got? Thank you, thank you, thanks, Yeti exactly Yetti. They're all about community. So we're gonna do a game that is one word that they use for their Oh no, the Great ca They're about community. You know, you gather up with your yetti and share great memories. So this game is about word association. Brian, get your act together.
Speaker 2: I'm saying about you. Do you think soccer moms love the Yetty Yes.
Speaker 5: Brian, I'm not letting you hijack this segment. Bye, We're gonna get into this game word association.
Speaker 8: So all of you guys what I'm talking about, Go ahead, word association.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, word association.
Speaker 5: When I say it a word or a question, I want you all to answer at the same time and whoever. Basically, you get a point when you match the word with somebody. So if you say something else that no one else has, then that's not a point.
Speaker 3: So for example, first word that comes to our mind, or I suppose we got to think about it.
Speaker 5: You got a timer on two three go? You know, so this is a trial run for example, okay, kickker one two three.
Speaker 7: Talker, would you say Aubrey?
Speaker 5: Okay, so they get a point, you don't. Yeah, but it was a.
Speaker 7: Test run, you know. Yeah, justin Tucker, the first thing that did come to mind was Aubrey. Though. I was like, they're gonna say it exactly.
Speaker 3: But a good game for a guy in his fifties. It takes me a minute to remember anything.
Speaker 5: Like you say, you're taking fish oil, I am, but all right, all right, ready yeah October one, two three?
Speaker 3: What did you not fest Fest?
Speaker 2: Baseball World chairs? Okay?
Speaker 7: Okay, I thought you just had football.
Speaker 3: I was like just every mother with you, Brian, basically life.
Speaker 5: No. I just said Halloween, Yeah, nobody gets but good.
Speaker 2: What would you been your of the three answers that were getting Halloween? Okay, so I'll give it. You get to be the judge. You get judge. The two old guys didn't get it done there.
Speaker 3: I just say whatever came in my mind.
Speaker 5: Penalties one two.
Speaker 7: Three, Williams said, Okay, like, if we're talking about the O G penalty guy of the season, we have to show respect. We gotta.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about and recovery and Pete's come on, I'll tell you what recovery r.
Speaker 7: Carl Lawson had that jumping off side moment last week and he's wearing fifty four. I thought I thought it was Sam Williams for the press box.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 7: I had to like or excuse me, he's wearing fifty five and Williams is wearing fifty four, So yeah, snap out of it. It's too much, all right?
Speaker 5: Who needs to step up for this weekend? On offense one two three?
Speaker 3: Is that CD?
Speaker 2: CD Steele?
Speaker 7: And I said, rico' dowdell.
Speaker 5: I mean those are all good answers. I will.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 7: I can't wait without a run game.
Speaker 2: To be your best player, gotta be able to block your best players.
Speaker 3: Got to be your best player.
Speaker 7: I do like a steel answer.
Speaker 2: JJ Watt or t J Watt. Come on, it ain't.
Speaker 3: Gonna be about one guy though, that one, that one multiple points.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the only point I'm gonna get. All give me a point.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm gonna give it to Derek. Yes, I'm gonna give it to Derek.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm gonna hijack the show.
Speaker 5: Question who needs to step up? But on defense?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 5: Two three Smith? There we go, Okay, we go.
Speaker 3: Ami.
Speaker 2: Let's say I was taking the October baseball.
Speaker 5: All right, Derek got the lead, Make has two? Brian one? All right, main player to watch out four from the Steelers, and he could be on either side of the ball.
Speaker 7: Hold on, are we talking like main player or just like a player like under the radar. I just want to make sure on the same page.
Speaker 5: Here main player two? Okayne?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: One two three?
Speaker 7: Feels man man all three of us? I said, what what?
Speaker 2: Wat's probably the right answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, the only thing I was gonna say three.
Speaker 2: That's why I said steel and I got answer.
Speaker 3: The reason why I said feels is just because Fields has got you. Remember that I heard McCarthy talking to the Chicago game and he said that the Chicago game they did not expect him to run the way that he did because they hadn't been doing that, and then they got that game and they just ran him and Cowboys had a hard time adjusting to it.
Speaker 2: So that Cooper Rush running the offense as a scout.
Speaker 3: Team, Yeah, it makes me want It makes me wonder at this point, like is that going to be the same thing as the dealers do? But anyway, go ahead, Sorry, I think wat's probably the I'd give him the point or.
Speaker 5: Half point mmmm point? All right, Nick, I'll give it to you.
Speaker 2: You actually keeping score?
Speaker 5: I am, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: There's always got to be a winner, Brian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're in here, just slowly gain all right, best tackler on the team for the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: We're all going to get this.
Speaker 5: One two three.
Speaker 7: I was surprised you didn't say over show. I know I'll take We'll take that though.
Speaker 5: All right, Brian, look at you got one. All right, Nick takes the lead. Okay, this is.
Speaker 2: A little hard dancers, by the.
Speaker 5: Way, biggest off season loss as far as like players that you lost or whatever.
Speaker 3: Give me a second, let me just think.
Speaker 2: Cheating.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead, pointed, Sorry, well we all got to that's fair.
Speaker 5: One two three, Yeah, here we go, Brian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the right answer.
Speaker 3: That is the right answer, and Brian got it.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm surprised you didn't say dan Quinn.
Speaker 3: I didn't because Quinn is the biggest loss.
Speaker 2: I was thinking it, and then I realized that Mike Zimmer is one of my best friends.
Speaker 3: You know, honestly, Dan, losing dan Quinn to me was not so much about what you lost on defense. It's about what Washington picked up. Because he's a really good coach and we're seeing it right now. That was the biggest part of the losses. What where he went.
Speaker 2: You know that quarterbacks made a huge difference. For that he has made a huge change.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Nick and Derek are tied. Brian, you got three points, you're just one point behind. Okay, biggest need at the moment, that could mean anything, biggest need for the Cowboys at the moment. One two three.
Speaker 3: Rush, that's us, right, I said, Micah pass rush.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you said when.
Speaker 2: That's probably the right that's probably answer.
Speaker 5: I like your answer, Bryan, but sorry, what that doesn't count as a point right there.
Speaker 2: You're a fan of creativity. That was a creative answer.
Speaker 3: It was was got back here.
Speaker 2: With a loss and see how you like.
Speaker 7: And then it's a top ten draft pick.
Speaker 5: All right, this one is just a word. So whatever comes to mind. Interception one two three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blandon, all right, he's not playing.
Speaker 5: Right now, but no, it's fine, okay, Brian four point five? Derek Nick five?
Speaker 2: How did they get a point?
Speaker 5: I gave you, I gave you. Just give me a to be nice on the wind?
Speaker 2: Creativity?
Speaker 3: Okay, she helped you out.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, but thank you very much. I appreciate.
Speaker 7: How are we tied? And then I just got a point and we're still tied. Pencil whipping going on over there, that's what's happening.
Speaker 5: You're right, check my work.
Speaker 2: Leave the flock and see what happens.
Speaker 7: Don't get the competitive guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, alright, don't worry. Are you just at the score? Okay? This is the final one, final question? Final question?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Who will win?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Sorry? Who will score the first touchdown for the Cowboys this weekend? One two three?
Speaker 7: What you say that's a deck rushing touchdown?
Speaker 2: That could be?
Speaker 3: That's probably right? Yeah hmm, I said CD, But I think you're probably right. There's probably more of a chance to dick because.
Speaker 2: It could it could very well be a quarterback draw, just to kind of run it in there.
Speaker 3: Especially if the weather is what we think it's going to be.
Speaker 2: I could see that, Yeah, I said Ferguson. But I like his answer better.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I guess we'll give it to you.
Speaker 7: Point there, but I'm gonna take it to the coast.
Speaker 2: Signs to honest, To be honest, we didn't want you to go nuts.
Speaker 7: I didn't want your breaking off.
Speaker 2: I got fifteen minutes more of this show.
Speaker 7: We gotta come in and strain me back.
Speaker 5: All right, Well you win the game.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was perfect timing twenty nine six fifty seven fifty eight fifty nine thirty.
Speaker 5: Wow, when I host, I take my breaks right on time.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what that felt, shady.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to say.
Speaker 5: I pay attention to the time. Is clock management something some people need to learn.
Speaker 3: Dak, he's talking about you, bruh. I I do watch talking about you, bruh.
Speaker 7: I do love watching talking cowboys when they take their first break at twenty four, and it's just like, man, this is those days.
Speaker 3: We don't do that. All right, we're gonna take our final BK. We'll come back. I got some questions for you guys. We'll get the picks. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 15: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than an lg O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 15: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million.
Speaker 3: Self lit pixels.
Speaker 2: No one comes close.
Speaker 15: Lg O led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 16: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Aggin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deer equipment built to tech any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 7: If you shout how about them Cowboys?
Speaker 17: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing, and.
Speaker 2: We're going to overtime.
Speaker 3: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 18: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financialists in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required dowloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for qualit assurance. Message dat rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast reliable, Secure five.
Speaker 10: G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fo details. Back to the break.
Speaker 5: Digital trends to the l G oh led Evil has the best picture quality in the game, Bryan, see it for yourself at LG dot com slash oh let Evil.
Speaker 3: All right, great, welcome back. Final segment of the Break Life from SWBC Mortgage Studios at the Star. I got some questions for you guys about the matchup Cowboys versus Steelers. We already kind of started this conversation, but I want to get everybody's opinion on and who's more dangerous to Dallas this weekend between JJ Watt I'm sorry, TJ Watt and Justin Fields.
Speaker 2: Fields.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I would say Fields as well, just kind of giving the nature of the game and how the running game has been so problematic for the Cowboys through four weeks. I'm looking at last weeks more of a exception until that they can prove that that could be the consistent factor, especially given your down to Marcus Lawrence. You're down Michael Parsons, You're gonna have to be kind of pulling it together from a defensive front standpoint. If you're looking at guys on the defensive line that you're leaning on, it's Mazzie Smith and Osa Diggi Zua And I think in the run game specifically, that's gonna be a tough task. So, you know, going up against some some really talented UH players for the Steelers. Granted, I don't love the Steelers offensive line. I think there are some big, big holes, glaring holes. Mason McCormick's going to be getting his first start out of South Dakota State. That's where I would you'll be able to take advantage of that.
Speaker 2: But keep an eye on that.
Speaker 7: I think all in all, justin fields, if you can limit him, I think you win this ball game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing with what you could, you could you could put guys over there and make him at least trying to run through guys. You could put three tight ends over there if you want, make him try and run through all three tight ends to get to to get to steal. But the thing I like what Nick was saying about, you know, the they've got some issues inside now, Mason McCormick. They're gonna have a rookie center and a rookie right guard in this football game. And you've got Mozzie Smith that's playing on the uptick OSA. I think osays has it played to the OSA level we've scene, But boy, this would be a great week for him and Mozzy to be able to get after these guys because that ball is going to cut back behind that center's block. That's what they That's what they try and do that ball. You know, they look, they press and then they try and cut that thing back. You got Osa standing there, You've got Mazzie standing there, you got Kendrick standing there, You've got Overshown standing there. They they struggle getting blockers on the second level they do. It's like when you watch the Saints and the Ravens when they're that guy's up on you and you couldn't you couldn't get off those blocks. This crew has trouble with that. And so I'm Dallas is banged up as they are. They could take advantage of some of the things that the Steelers are trying to do with their scheme and their offensive line. But Fields, to me, that quarterback, that's that extra guy you can't account for, you know, that's a that's another runner that you have to try and account for. And he's capable of being.
Speaker 5: That's the problem like he I mean, I mean, even with your starters and everyone healthy on the team, this was a defense that would struggle with mobile quarterbacks quarterbacks that can run. So that is I would go with him as well with Fields because we've seen that time and time again. Doesn't matter how good the teams with bad teams previously were, as long as they have a mobile quarterback they struggle with that. So that's another element that this defense just banged up. The defense is going to have to try to adjust to.
Speaker 7: You talk about Osa digy Zoo him being in a contract year, you just lost your two veteran edges. I'm considering Michael Parsons a veteran in this instance. This is going to be an opportunity for him to really prove his value. And I think if contract negotiations and he wants to be back in Dallas next offseason, these next few games are going to be a big determining factor, right, if he's back, and how much he potentially gets.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, which of these two things would be a bigger concern for you heading into this game? And I want you to factor in that the weather could be a part of that Dallas won't be able to stop the run or that Dallas won't be able.
Speaker 7: To run Shoo man, both sound bad. I would say, won't be able to stop the run. I think I trust if Trayvon Diggs is healthy. I think I trust what they can do as far as limiting that offense. But like I said, they need to win the time of possession battle and they need to be able to run the football to do that, and they need to be able to stop the run to do that. So I think if you can stop the Pittsburgh run that's been kind of their catalyst towards their three victories, then it's going to force them to have to do some different things that they haven't been used to early in the See.
Speaker 2: Let me stop that run. Yeah, don't let them. Don't let them get that thing going. Your two losses this year, we remember all too well both teams quarterback through the ball less than twenty times. You don't want to go through that again, Just don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I agree with you guys and this team. I mean, we'll see depending on whether that's going to affect potentially what Brandon Aubrey is able to do with the kicking, And that could be another area of point. If you don't rely, you're not able to rely on those field goals or those points that he's been able to add to the offense. So that's going to be concerning, and so your your offense is going to definitely have to figure out a way to score points.
Speaker 2: There was one time this place has got a new name. I mean, it's had a new name for what for sure. Sure, Hines Field is a place, the Hines Field place. There used to be a problem of kicking at one end of this this state. And I don't know if they've added something to it with buildings or stands or anything like that, but there used to be a problem. When you guys go on the field, you'll see it. You'll watch kickers and they kick one direction and it usually and I'm trying to think of it's it. I think as you look at the Steelers bench, it's to the right that people that traditionally kickers have had problems at that stadium kicking in that direction.
Speaker 7: Let's thinking about the north side would point towards the lakes. So I would assume maybe there's some sort of big win coming.
Speaker 2: It is it is they've had problems with that, and I don't know if that's changed, but that was kind of a nightmarish place for kickers to have to deal with.
Speaker 7: Mike McCarthy was talking about this morning on on the Fan about the even if it doesn't rain, the moisture from the wind being such a problem not only for the field surface before kicking and throwing.
Speaker 2: Things at that man see that at Green Bay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's gotten used to being a weather man up there.
Speaker 3: If this is a weather game, who do you think has the advantage?
Speaker 7: Steelers? They run the ball well?
Speaker 3: Do they run the ball well?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: I Mean, that's what we've talked about all week. That's the one thing I want.
Speaker 2: To running team.
Speaker 3: They're volume running team, but they haven't been success as successful as you would expect at running the ball. So is it really an advantage.
Speaker 2: If Dallas plays the defense that they played against the Giants, Dallas has an advantage. Yeah, they have an advantage because but but if you if it's if it's Baltimore Saints defense showing up, give the advantage. The Steelers are going to try and run the ball. I don't know if they can sustain blocks long enough. I mean, they have a similar problem, I believe to what the Cowboys do. They're playing Najie Harris. I don't feel like is their best back. But Patterson's hurt, and Patterson's really not a running back, so Warren's kind of nicked up too. Yeah, if if you tell me that there two of their better running backs are not going to play in this football game, you know I'll take that all day. But if Dallas plays run defense like they did against the Giants, they'll be fine. If they play like they did against Baltimore or the Saints, then the Steelers have a big advantage.
Speaker 7: It'd be the rookie out of Harvard, Aaron Shamplin.
Speaker 2: Champlin who would be the Harvard out of Harvard.
Speaker 3: They're just gonna always.
Speaker 7: Start you in the run game. Yeah, it's gonna be terrible, but not only from the offensive run game for the Steelers, but the Cowboys also don't have a run game in their own right, so they would be forced to put the ball through the air and a weather game like that, It's just the conditions don't line up perfectly for what the Cowboys do, and it lines up perfectly for what the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Start, Hunter Lipkey and handing the ball at single back and just let him run.
Speaker 7: I asked a question.
Speaker 3: We agree on this.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying because you're an because you you know, but I'm telling you, in a game like this, if it gets down, I want to see a four minute game and where Dallas has got a lead and Nigga's gonna hand the ball to keep handing it to Hunter Lipkey and it might be three yards, it might be three yards, it might be another four yards. It's a first down. Now you just keep and it. Just see him kind of wearing the Steelers down that way. I'd love to see him getting the game where he just he can kill the last four minutes of it and.
Speaker 3: They find they have something like they really would commit to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I asked a question earlier this week about Hunter Lockey specifically and saying is he ever a guy that could get ten carries?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And it was basically told me somebody would have to get hurt in front of him, and I was like, damn, Okay.
Speaker 5: That's something that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I never get don't wish to even get hurt because then their mom gets mad at you.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go ahead and get some picks. We'll go around the table. Let me know what you think is going to happen this weekend, who's gonna win, and what the final score is. Let's start with you, Nick.
Speaker 7: Do we have to? Man, I haven't even really thought about a prediction here. I've gone back and forth as the week has gone on. You know, I think the Cowboys having their figuring out that they have to do on the defensive line lines up perfectly with what the Steelers are going to have to be figuring out on their offensive line. So you kind of get a game there to kind of help figure those things out and build some confidence. I think with that in mind, and you stack that with the confidence that I think they built against the Giants last week, I think the defense does have a decent showing. I'm going to give the Cowboys the edge here just a primetime game. I think they show up. I'm going to give it twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas wins this game twenty to sixteen. And these teams are really mirror images of each other in a way that they're both banged up. You've got the better quarterback, you know, and I'm going to trust the better quarterback to get it done this week in this football game. We'll see, you know, if Dallas can limit the run, and I think that, you know, I could, I could see where this this Pittsburgh offensive line will have some problems. You've got a couple of guys that play really good, disciplined football. Neelan's a good disciplined player. Golston's a disciplined player. They don't get guys up on these linebackers. These linebackers will make a lot of plays and make some tackles for you here it's about covering pickings on the outside. But I just think you have the better quarterback, Dallas. Win's a close win twenty to sixty.
Speaker 7: To that point of having the better quarterback. I mean, you look at all the injuries that Dallas is dealing with right now. This is the time for Dak Prescott to really show that he is the highest paid quarterback in the NFL. And he's playing really good ball so far in the season, so I think this is really an opportunity for him to take that next step.
Speaker 5: I don't know, well, I don't like my pig. I don't know. I don't like what's in my mind right now.
Speaker 7: But I am go against the grand go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, I'm glad to hear what you guys are saying, because I.
Speaker 2: Picked the Giants last night, So I tells you all you need to know.
Speaker 5: No, but I'm picking the Steelers on this one. I'm just I have to see it first for the Cowboys to be able to actually adjust to all these different challenges that they're having to deal with. So I think the Steelers will take the win. I do see this game being a very low scoring game, potentially something around fourteen twelve. It's a close win, but I do I don't know. I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the Steelers getting the win on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I look at this game and I think it's going to be a little different than we all think. From the standpoint that Brian, you were just talking about the fact that this offensive line doesn't really get to the second level very well. And really the teams that have run well against Dallas, the reason why they ran well they were on a linebackers. And if you don't get on these linebackers, especially a quarterback like Justin Field, I think the Cowboys have an answer for that. They got a guy named over Shown that can run him down, and I think so. I think if their running game is built around the quarterback, I think Dallas can handle that, especially if they're not getting to the second level because they are a volume running team and not running team that really is great at running the ball. I think Dallas will do what they did against New York. From that standpoint. What I think will be different is I think it's gonna be a big game for pickings. I think they're gonna move pickings around. They're going to try to find opportunities to get it matched up with people other than other than Trayvon Diggs, and I think that's going to be an advantage for them, and I think that's going to be where this game hinges. But I think it's going to turn into a game which's really kind of a back and forth thing, and both teams will have some success. I think the weather will keep it from getting out of hand as far as the score is concerned. But I think at the end of the day, it's going to be a close game and they're going to score more points than maybe we think. I think it's going to be more like a twenty seven to twenty four game. Dallas wins. All Right, all right, guys, we appreciate you join us. We'll be back on Monday. We'll tell you what went right and wrong. That's hopefully we will be back on Monday.
Speaker 5: No, we will be.
Speaker 7: I will not, but I'll see you guys.
Speaker 3: We'll see how this goes. Hopefully the game goes off with no hitches and we don't have any delays, any signific f Can time delays, but we'll be back on Monday. Until then for Nick Harris, Brian brought us Ambergar, Cim Derek Yeltson. This has been the Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.