Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Stanvik. Let's get to some of the stacks on the move on this Tuesday. Bloberg News Equities reporter and deputy team leader for US Equities Carmen Reinicky is in the house. Where shall we begin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start with Pfizer. This is ticker PFE. So it's down about four and a half percent right now. The drug maker forecasts little to no sales growth next year, so it's sort of a warning sign for the drug maker. It's looking to rebuild a pipeline of hit drugs. I think the stock is still down, you know, fifty percent since Covid, you know, in trying to sort of rebuild that. And it also comes sort of after a series of pricey acquisitions that the company has made. So basically they said revenue in twenty twenty six will be between five and a half billion to twenty six and half billion, and that really fell below the midpoint of what analysts were expecting in that time period.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stock down about five percent so far this year. I mean, this is just such a far cry, Carroll from what this company was a few years ago, when this was, you know, one of just a handful of companies that had developed what people saw at the time as a COVID vaccine at a time when.
Speaker 1: We were like, did you get the Pfizer of the Maderna And that's basically what we did. I mean, it was on a tear. You go back to twenty twenty one, it was up sixty percent, six zero percent. But you know, hence life after COVID, Right, these guys have to think about their pipeline and what's next.
Speaker 4: Down forty seven percent from twenty twenty one highs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, like we know this story, all right, where do we go next?
Speaker 3: Let's look at Excel Energy. This is ticker XEL. It's down nearly three percent right now. So Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton issuing the company, accusing it of bleatant negligence over its role in the Smokehouse Creek wildfare that sorry it caused more than a billion in damage last year and killed three people. He actually had said in August that he was investigating the company here and claims that they prioritize sort of environmental and diversity goals over maintenance. Excel did acknowledge that its infrastructure likely caused or was involved in starting the Smokehouse fire, but it has refuted sort of all of the accusations of negligence.
Speaker 4: Remember I remember remember this at being a mover when those fires were going on. Carol and I would come back to a day in day out that hey, this shares an Excel down again as a result of a concern about the wildfire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is kind of the new reality.
Speaker 4: Right Also on a day when we're seeing energy companies take a hit, No, and that's oil price is falling.
Speaker 1: To right, layer of that on top of it, Hey, I want to go to comcasts. This is like a top gainer in both the S and P and the Nasdaq one hundred. I had to like move around, look around because I was looking at this one earlier today exactly.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's the top top performer on the S and P right now. It was a little bit hard to find and wanted to find at least one stock that was up today, So cmcssay it's up about four point six percent right now. So what we've reported at least is that CNBC's David Faber speculated on possible activist involvement in the company, basically commenting on some interesting trading activity that he was seeing, particularly in the swaps market and sort of in options trading around Comcast. So looking at that, it is the best day since July thirty. First, I'm so pretty good.
Speaker 2: Jump. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it was kind of interesting too, poking arm.
Speaker 4: What I love. I love that David Favor is the one doing this. I mean, he's like, Okay, Comcasts still owns CNBC. They're going to spin off into Verse in correct, which and Comcast will still have a large stake of Verson. But it's like, you know what, are you looking around the building for something going on? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.