Speaker 1: What's up guys, Hey guys, what's going on? You guys look great today? We were green. Did you guys get a haircut today? We did get a haircut, and it's driving me nuts. Hot take for you, having to go about your day after a haircut with the little hairs on your back is the worst thing. That's why you need to rewash. It's called getting older and cat nick you're getting you got hairs on your back now, No, it's from the haircut, it's not you don't have a hair You mentioned one time that someone should invent like one of those lint rollers. But for after haircuts, you just roll your hair. It's called shower. Guys. When I have a buzz cut, I do that. It works out fine. But this is this mop as it were. It's good, looks tight, thank you, high and tight. So today we're answering phone calls live. I'm excited about this call. Do you think we'll get good ones? I don't know. Well, we'll get a couple of people calling in that are just like, oh uh, this is it what? And then it's gonna be a few minutes of like yep, hi, hey, yep that and that will be a couple of people that be like, we're gonna be like, oh man, we are not. I'm gonna go ahead and predict a lot of like advice around situationships. I'm just I'm just saying, I hope I like answering questions like this. All right, let's take some callers. Guys love it? Wow, I'm sure good one. I like that one. I'm Shane great for crying out loud. Do you have a favorite? Give me the I'm not going to, by the way, I know I've been given a gift by having this. I promise I won't overdo it. Don't overdo it to where it's not fun anymore than I'm a comedian some people, and I want to joke, Okay. I know when you can take a joke a little too far, and I know how to push your buttons. So okay, I like that one. Hey Jonas more like or Hey, I wish you re recorded and say, hey, that's a theme song. Hey Jonas, we gotta get a John Belly on the line. That's actually his voice? Is it definitely his voice? That would be voice. We have to get him to do it, which means we would have to get him on the pod, which means we'd have to pay money to sing the song. He loves us residuals on our podcast. I don't think so. He actually just made some sense. Okay, let's take some calls. Let's take some calls, all right, bring them in. Okay, people are calling it out that at the Hey Jonas hot line, which is one eight four Hey Jonas, or you could add us at app Hey Jonas podcast and Canada's at Hey Jonas. Kind Hello, who are speaking to? This is the Jonas brothers? Wait? Wait, I'm Shane, great, Hello, correct, this is us. That's really nice. One and only one. Talk about the three and only you made it. You're you're here, but the phone lines are ringing, so we need to know what do you watch?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I'm baffled right now. What is your favorite Blue episode?
Speaker 1: Favorite Blue episode? The sign it's them. It's definitely this Sleeping the Sleepy Time. Is it called Sleeping Sleepy Time? Yeah? That one like awards that episode, it's a classic, that's classic. Kevin made everyone watch that episode at a writing camp and I was like, bro, what are you doing? He's like, you do you guys have eight minutes and we're like, sure, it's incredible, and then and then we watched it and I cried. And now I've shown it to like one hundred people. So those eight minutes changed your life as you should. I'm not going to overdo You're already overdoing. I'm not overdoing it. You already gone. Sorry, okay, wait, but before.
Speaker 4: You go, can you say hi to my daughter Amelia.
Speaker 2: She is your biggest fan. She just turned four and we had a huge Jonah's brother birthday party and she.
Speaker 5: Wore happy Happy birthday, happiest birthdays.
Speaker 1: We hope you have the best year of your life so far. I'm not stop. Thank you. I'm on probation from the pot from the theme you've been put in the corner. I only will do it if it makes sense. Okay, it already hasn't made sense three or four times since she said who are you? And I said, it's saying great for crying out louds perfect stop and hey, now okay, we got another caller in the line because people are calling it a hey Jonas and we're giving them advice some things or sorry, can we put this is stressing me out so much? Look at this zoom in. Well you decided. You said, I want to sit in the corner, but I don't have a table, so that's my table. But do you do that at home? Depends on where I'm sitting. Oh my gosh. No, we have those little trays that be our place. He's got the little trays. You know what that means? Rich to Jonas paid him? Will I got you put it in, put it, put it in the mouth. Thank you, the mouth better, Nick. We have to take a call. Okay, hello, you've reached Hey Jonas, it is in fact us and we are eager to Joe. Yes, this is all three of us, just Joe. What do you need to know?
Speaker 6: I be I've been here fan since like two thousand and eight from India and I met you guys in Happiness against Sure and was awesome and I love all three of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite pot.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Thank you so much. What part of India are you from?
Speaker 6: I am from the art so I am from like a hill station. But you, Jelly, I think next wedding, one of the ceremonies was dead too, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's lovely. Well, it's so nice to speak with you, and we would love to know do you have a question or concern or comment.
Speaker 6: As first, So, what I want to ask you is that politically everyone is doing solo projects. Thank you, Kevin. I totally love Little Things. It's so open to a fall and like as a like, even though peop all have our own favorites, we love all for your few and even frankly together.
Speaker 1: So how does the.
Speaker 6: How does it feel like for you as artists to do both band projects and individual projects? Like does it get hot sometimes? Or is it because of your family? It's easy to navigate.
Speaker 1: It's incredible, you know, thank you for sharing the loaf on Little Things. This is Kevin and I'll be honest, it's a dream come It's a dream come true.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I never expected to be making music on my own in an independent way, and now that it's happening, it's really really special. And obviously just following in Joe and Nick's footsteps as they've been making incredible music for so long. I think that's something that's really cool about this band is that we can kind of support each other in those ways. We can kind of go and do our own things and come back and still play the music as the jonalest brothers and make more music. It's really special.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, and I'm looking forward to watch fiber Ballad.
Speaker 4: And uh it's nice.
Speaker 6: I want to Yeah, I wanted to say one thing to do especially that when you did d n C. It was like a major shock for me too that he went from like this typical soft cadded guy for t like uh, potty music and all. And I was also like like a timid girl in high school agus busy would study and all. But that allows me to realize it's okay to be yourself and you don't actually worry about other people's judgment. And I'm having the time of my life since the time you guys came back together.
Speaker 1: So happy. Thank you so much, and I'm glad that my music can help you beat your best self because you know what, You're awesome. And thank you for calling in. We will talk to you soon and we will U We'll see you on the next tour. Thank you so much, Thank you so much. Talk question, when's the last time you guys did meetia training? Uh, that's just curious. It feels targeted. I was just wondering three years ago. I don't know for what Uh I did? Did it with Franklin proclaim to fame. Oh interesting on my request. Remember they made us do it back in the day Columbia Records answer questions, how to answer questions, how to frame, how to reframe a story, how to not step in some sticky situations. But I did. I did do it probably about three years ago as well. For what just because like a tune up for a for a deal cuve. Oh, that's like the pre call before like a deal. That's not media training. That's just like you need to say this and don't miss this. Yeah, anyway, I did media training with DNC. Was it just on how to not sound like you as you guys web? Sorry? Go on? No, you just were very opposite to the usual media training, your style of communication. I was used to it, but they were, you know, they were new to it. And also some of the answers were quite naughty, and I think they're like trying to rein it in somebody. It's like, hey, they they gotta somebody's gotta teach them what the hell to do? All right, mock star life, good sidebar, next car. It's really hard for me not to touch all these buttons. Okay, how oh hello, Hey, this is hi, he Jonas?
Speaker 6: Awesome?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is Actually I see you later, just kidding. What's up? Who are we talking to?
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm Hayley, Mia and Aubrey.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what do you guys want to know? Tell us about your lives? What we got?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can do it.
Speaker 3: I call you guys. We wanted to know what was going on?
Speaker 1: Oh great, you know just say I'm Shane. Great for crying out loud, Haley. Where are you coming from? Cincinnati, Ohio? I shot a movie in Cincinnati, Ohio, back in twenty fifteen, Old Nettown. Is the movie good? Is the movie good? Is that a great question? Yeah, we have a good question. Well the movie the movie is good? Which movie was it? It's called Goat. Oh, it's fine. It's a great movie. It's hard, it's it's tough. It's Goat. It's intense. It's a lot. You should check it out, Haley. It's available on Prime. Think about it on Apple, Think think about it. Wow, that was appropriate timing. Thank you for calling. Okay, next caller, let's get into it. Why not Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hey Jonas, Hi, Hi, one second?
Speaker 1: Not a problem for here, wait for you for us, or you say sorry.
Speaker 4: No, I was in a restaurant and I didn't think you guys would pick up.
Speaker 5: It's okay, what are you what are you eating Turkish food? You guys are a no, but we can't if you want us to be maybe whatever you want us to be with turk Ish.
Speaker 1: So question tell us what's your question? Or or do you have anything you need advice on? Because we're we.
Speaker 6: Can also I always need advice.
Speaker 1: Tell us we're here.
Speaker 4: Okay, So talking to somebody kind of looks like Joe.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Joe, you've kind of.
Speaker 2: Created my type, but he's not really pursuing. How do you flip that dynamic?
Speaker 1: Okay? We asked some questions. First of all, great taste. Do you this is shoe? Do you feel like this is a friend? Sorry? Is this a friend of yours?
Speaker 2: No, this was a situationship.
Speaker 1: It's a situation Okay.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: But now it's to the point where you're like, all right, like, we can't keep doing this, we can't keep playing with keep playing games when that's right? Yes, so at that's the point, you quit playing games with my heart, keep playing games with my remix pre mix. Okay, I think at this point you guys, it's like it might need to be time for a chat. Is situationship meaning is this person like are they single?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 3: Not married?
Speaker 1: I was just just checking his next She's like, I know that's next. Can ask married? Could be there up on the next all right, So they're not showing as much motivation towards relationship as you'd like. It's a it's a really weird.
Speaker 4: Place to be and there be as there.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're giving giving more than you're receiving.
Speaker 6: Yes, I got it.
Speaker 1: I have the solve with the situation Nickson. To fix your problems block him. Here's what you need to do. I'm just kidding. You need to go bowling with a large group six to eight people minimum because say six to eight lanes, because you can break away. It's a group hang so there's no pressure if you're like, oh it's too manch situations if they're already doing six other people, have to go, make sure that you are. The first of bowl is second, and then there's six people after, right, So then there's time for you to break away. Let him, let him have a conversation, grab a drink. Talk. Oh look, oops, I dropped my ball. Can you help me? Marie is still bowld can you help me? Mike is still He's still got to go trick to this. You got to put your names close together so you're broken away at the same time, right up top, nice, smart, and then you can have the conversation without betting a high pressure situation. I like that. I think, Okay, you know what, Bowling, go for it and this is the cure and then you'll know or here's that. Here's can I yes? And you Nick? Please say, hey, I'm gonna invite three of my friends, you invite three of your friends. If he is he bringing the relationship couple? Is he bringing the couple? Well he brings is actually right? Did I cook? You did cook? That's the sizzle? I think. I think depending on who he brings really tells a lot. He bring one friend and a couple, that's like or or maybe ask him to bring four friends because then he read two couples. Are you willing to have the conversation and that you can't have a conversation kills es, But you got to half this conversation. Are you willing to have the conversation? And if it doesn't go well, then it's over, or you'd rather just leave it where it is. Then you know, then you need all right conversation if it all works out every time you go bowling. So how'd you guys meet? You're like, funny story, Nick Jonas, my good friend Nick, good friend Nick? Does me to go bullying? Yeah? Good luck? Get a turkey? Thank you. That's a bowling preference. Okay, by preference, it's a bowling preference. I prefer turkeys. Okay. Wow. By the way, she just I love that. She was like, I don't know, I have any questions, but I do have the craziest thing to get tell you about. That was great. That was what we wanted. So you have a question, like, what do you want to do? Do you need legal advice? Do you have do you have something we're going next? Raw potting the phone than the appropriate use right the raw pod. That one's my favorite. It's a good one. You just fill it up with brother stuff next time.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what it's about.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on right there? What what are we talking about? We need to know what we want to know what the test is about? Tea about the text. What did the text say? Is what's going on with the text We want to know if we want to know the tea who's texting?
Speaker 7: Who is this real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kevin Nick and Joe.
Speaker 7: Serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah called our hotline. Don't be surprised.
Speaker 7: All the number on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Yeah, burns out. Things on Instagram are real. It is the first time you bought a number on Instagram and it worked.
Speaker 7: I just saw my fiance I'm calling with zero context. I was like, I hope if they pick up, I have no idea what to even say.
Speaker 1: So tell us about the craziest thing that's happened to you in the last five days.
Speaker 7: I went on my bachelorette trip to Nashville.
Speaker 1: Oh, congratulations. To start, how is Nashville? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: It was unreal?
Speaker 7: We had ten of us and we just bounced around and lived it up.
Speaker 1: Then't you guys get one of those the bar bikes You get on a bike and you drink.
Speaker 7: We actually didn't, but we passed a bunch of them and they were screaming to us and lots.
Speaker 1: Of loud music. So I love. When is the wedding September twelfth? Congratulations, fantastic day, Good wedding day, your wedding is a virgo. It's not too hot, it's not gonna be cold. It's going to be like the perfect time. It's like the perfect day ago. What when's your birthday? August thirty first, at thirty first? Nice? Love it. Joe nearly made the Virgo train, but he's he's.
Speaker 7: Gonna say, you're close, right ish, Let's say August fifteenth.
Speaker 1: But what is your fiance's name?
Speaker 7: His name's Anthony, Anthony.
Speaker 1: How have you guys been together?
Speaker 3: Three years?
Speaker 1: Nice? Lovely? Perfect? Well, congrats to you and Anthony. Do you have any questions for us? Do you just want to like call the line see what happened?
Speaker 7: Well that was to begin with, but I guess a question. What made you guys want to start a podcast? I know you're busy all the time.
Speaker 1: It was great to be busy or well, you know, honestly, we love to talk and we said somebody just was like, you guys should do this on Mike's enough of that singing crap. It's time verbod. Have you heard an episode yet?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Actually I did, I did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening and thank you so much. Well you guys, congrats and I'm sore. It's time for our next color. We'll talk to you soon see later. Thank you guys so much, you too, so lovely. Hi. How's it going? This is Hey Jonas Podcast. How are you hello?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm so good.
Speaker 3: Great talking to Christina.
Speaker 1: Christina? Where you calling from?
Speaker 3: Chicago?
Speaker 1: Chicago, White Sox or Cups? Did you go see Bruno?
Speaker 3: No, I got.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 3: We were in Vegas last week. We saw you two times.
Speaker 1: Oh you do even better? Yeah? What nights?
Speaker 3: Even better? It was better? It was great?
Speaker 1: What nights? Which night did you? Which set list did you get?
Speaker 3: Wednesday and Friday? We added Friday on. I had no plan on going Friday after Wednesday. I knew I had to do a Guy I want to do Friday by the flight home earlier and Tiger Guy. But I said, I'm doing. I'm doing both.
Speaker 1: Do a good time in Vegas outside the shows.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, great time in Vegas. I'll go back already.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Did you win some money?
Speaker 3: No, I can gamble. I want to save my money for summer.
Speaker 1: King right, Kevin, Yeah, we we could have used that advice when we were in Vegas. So question we are giving advice tonight or today, depending on when you're listening. To this podcast. Do you have do you have any advice that you need from the Jonas Brothers that you're dying to ask?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I don't know. I wasn't expecting to be calling you tonight. I do not go.
Speaker 1: It's okay advice.
Speaker 3: So I work at Gay Caring. I think I have a horrible time right now. I've been thinking about putting my job. I don't think. It's not your cage. It's the people I'm working with. It's the management. I've been acting everybody. Should I quit?
Speaker 1: Do you like working with children?
Speaker 3: I love children. It's super rewarding. Book of management. It's so hard.
Speaker 1: That is tough. What makes it difficult?
Speaker 3: Management?
Speaker 1: Have you explored looking at other daycares in the area before you quit or resign? I've shown about it, but we're still in the fields.
Speaker 3: There's benefits boo, younger is not benefits?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, yeah, I hear you jobs you do that's pretty cool. But you know what I feel like if you're not, if you're not enjoying your workplace, that's tough.
Speaker 3: I think when you go in your very because it's not.
Speaker 1: Like a baby boss runs the place.
Speaker 4: It's a as a it's a very very hard boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an old, mean boss. Well, I give the advice of explore other options before before you leave your job. Yeah, before you leave your job. Good point. But if it's a if it's a toxic workplace, then fuck them and get out.
Speaker 3: It is, but I like my co workers, it's all management.
Speaker 1: Maybe you start your own Kevin, you know what hit to it one? Sorry? I think you Hey, I could be could be the moment Christina's day care for take care. You know what. Maybe you've been together with your team and that you love working with and you create a new environment that is Christina's heavenly environment. Joe, I think that's a good idea, as long as you don't get sued for taking all the people check the contracts that you signed here. Maybe just float the idea you'd be like a daycare and see if anybody like picks up on it.
Speaker 3: Not like an actual you know what, though we've already talked about it. We have our own secret group chap where we talk about opening up our own daycare. But we don't go with your good idea.
Speaker 1: Now's the time. Well, just make sure to hire a great somebody that knows this side of the business. I can only imagine working with children. There's a lot of responsible things that you have to get in place, like insurance and legal matters, so make sure those things are animals. Those are also important equally and as we know as parents, and a lot of guards on corners in any scenario by round tables, whether you land somewhere else or you start your own thing. We wish you the best of luck and thanks for what you do as a as a childcare professional. Coming to the Jonas Brother Show it means a lot.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I love that. I hope you see you.
Speaker 1: We will, Christine will see you next time. We can't wait to hear about your daycare. Next up, I said heavenly, and you didn't hit the heavenly button. You can't tell him what to do with the sundborn. It's like a feeling thing. I feel it and I had to hit it. Nobody to tells me to push my buttons. Okay, got another caller.
Speaker 4: And there was a ship ton of food.
Speaker 1: Where we need to know where was there a ship ton of food? Tell us everything?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, hello, yeah, Hi.
Speaker 1: We heard your story. We want to hear more. Give it to us. What happened concert and there and there was there's a lot of food or is that something completely separate?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, there was a ton of food because.
Speaker 3: We were in the State Farm club seats.
Speaker 7: Also, you didn't see my sign that I had.
Speaker 1: Joey's the sign that's on him. Hold on you you were bowling out in the State Farm suite. What kind of food are we talking about? First of all, it's hard to see the signs when you're in a box. Girl, Queen, tell me, does my work for State Farm one? Is it? Did you have a friend that has the box or are you just like crashing the State Farm box? What's going on? No?
Speaker 2: I just I've been with you guys.
Speaker 3: I've been with you guys since day one.
Speaker 1: But we're not State I'm thirty, I grew farm. What do you mean? Actually this episode brought to you by wrong on the State Farm. Wait, so what's the first of all? What's your name?
Speaker 7: Riley?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Riley? State Farm? So give us the whole story. So you get to the show, get in the box, and it's like, there's so much food here, buffet? What are we talking? I won't even see my design? There's too much was the food there? Like when you arrived or was it like brought out during the concert?
Speaker 2: You con there when we arrived.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not box was it like lasagna? We're talking chicken chicken fingers? What do we just have? Just laughed their mic.
Speaker 7: It was actually chicken fingers and hot chicken.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. But the solid some ranch dressing with side essentially mm hmm fantastic. So there was a ton of food, but there a ship a ton of food. Actually, that's what she said. We're giving out advice, Riley, So if you got any advice, we're here for if you got anything, or if you'd like us to give you advice. That's what I mean. Sorry, we're giving out advice. If I have no was confusing? Do you have anything to ask us? I'm sorry, Please forgive me. Before I have sent.
Speaker 2: I didn't think this was going to be answered, So.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know it's understandable.
Speaker 2: What advice would you like to give a thirty year old woman whose first concert was the Jonahs Brothers.
Speaker 1: Was it the first concert in the State Farm Box or was that just we were your first show?
Speaker 3: No, I was like I was in like eighth grade, amazing.
Speaker 1: I think how's the weather looking tomorrow in h Atlanta? Atlanta? It's a relevant question, I probably Rainie. Okay. Our advice to you would be take an umbrella with you the money? Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: That was really deep, and.
Speaker 1: I would say you made incredible decisions in your life. You've never given a more sincere line reading in your life. Oh my god? Or okay, then we got to tap your next caller. Who we got. Hey, it's Hey Jonas, this is the jokes.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, it's Chelty. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: We're so good, Chelsea. How are you? I'm doing great, fantastic. So what do you want to know? What can we help you with?
Speaker 8: I think you know, you guys are in your thirties now and a lot of us are getting to that point where we are hitting our thirties. I'm thirty right now.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you made it.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I know it's so great.
Speaker 8: Right, So I would say, what would you think is the best piece of advice that maybe you have now that you guys have are in that point in your life, or a piece of advice that you've heard as you got into that point.
Speaker 1: It's great, Happy birthday, belated just sometime in the year. Well, she says, she said, I'm thirties now, so I assume her birthday was this year.
Speaker 8: I just turned for you, like a couple months ago. My birdays, actual forty vins.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: So we're both scorpios.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scarbo Queen. The best advice I think that I can't speak for all three of us or I can, but the best advice I've received is, you know, I think going into your thirties, like twenties, you think you know everything and you actually don't know anything. In the thirties, it's like you know more and you know how to deal with the problems a bit better. You're not great at them, but you take your roll with the punches a lot better, right, And so I feel like being able to just wake up every day with gratitude people to be like, Wow, I'm so grateful that I get to wake up and and and be in my thirties and make my own decisions. I think that's awesome. It's incredibly good on you and happy early birthday. In fact, thank you, thanks for calling, Thank you, talk to you guys, love you too. It was great.
Speaker 6: Butt.
Speaker 1: I do a good job there. I was kind of you were kind of a scram treading water. I could feel it. I was treading water. You guys are just like, yeah, it's fine. I don't even know how to answer that question though, because it's a tough one. I feel in some ways I know a lot more about myself in my thirties, and in others I feel like I'm completely different person who I was ten years ago. I actually think that I think the second on that, which scares me at times. Let's get real. Let's call my therapist. That'd be fun. Actually she's on the line right now. All right, let's do another caller.
Speaker 3: Hello, you're lying?
Speaker 9: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: We are serious? Hi, this is Kevin, Nick and Joe. You're listening to Hey Jonas. You're calling into Hey Jonas. No, she's listening.
Speaker 9: True, Oh my gosh. Okay, first off, shout out to my sister and her daughter, Henley. They've been calling into and I know that they're gonna shut themselves in there.
Speaker 1: Episode one. Okay, we're in. We're giving out advice if you have any advice that you need to receive.
Speaker 9: I had a sort of a question in mind, but I can I can rephrase it for advice.
Speaker 1: Or a question. It's fine, question, totally fine. It doesn't have to be advice.
Speaker 9: Kind of a serious question then less less fun.
Speaker 3: But I've been.
Speaker 9: Curious, so, like at Kotella, Justin Bieber giving testimony in front of millions of people, in front of the world, did that kind of spark you guys to maybe start talking about your like your own faith again or were you feeling convicted for some other, some other reason.
Speaker 3: I guess that's kind of a question for Nick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I wouldn't frame it as convicted at all. I think that what Justin did was beautiful and the song I put out with I assume you're talking about the brand Lake song. Yes, yeah, So that's an example of the two people from different genres coming together to find in which ways they're similar and where they overlap. And you know, going back to our journey with faith and religion in the earlier days of our lives, the church it was a big part of our life, but we had to find our own journey. I assume that by asking this question, you're someone of faith or have religious backgrounds.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and so I've really admired you coming out and talking about it. Because I know it's kind of not what's cool in this world right now.
Speaker 1: Actually, I beg to differ. I think that more and more people are getting in touch with their faith because of how messed up things are in the world, and becoming a father really shaped things for me and made me want to dig deep and talk about the central theme of that song, which is that there is a plan for your life and you don't have to be a person that believes in Jesus and God to understand that there's some plan in place. And Brandon and I spent a lot of time talking about that, and I came in with this title and was really inspired to say, how can I put this feeling that I know my life is in good hands into a song? And it's The beautiful thing about collaboration is that two very different walks of life, different experiences, we can come together to do something that has real impact and is based in both biblical truth but also just the main truth, which is love. We find a way to love each other and meet each other with compassion and empathy. I think Biaber has done a great job of that in his life, both publicly and personally. He always meets people with empathy and love, and the fact that he's taking it on a big stage like that is great and inspiring a lot of people. It wasn't the the thing that had me going into the session back in December and writing that song, but it certainly continues this, this conversation around love, empathy, compassion in a time when I think we need it most.
Speaker 9: Yeah, for sure, Amen.
Speaker 1: Love that. Thank you for your question, Thanks for so much.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you, Thanks for answering them.
Speaker 1: So all right, thank you, Segue. I'm mo ordained. It's true you're a pastor. I'm actually a minister. I've married many couple I've married I think the four couples now, I had a feeling one of our callers would would ask about that or you know, not specifically Beaber, but like the song, and I think what's great about the hotline is that it's a chance to really connect with people and meet each other where we're at on topics that are fun, funny, real, real, and and also uncomfortable. And I think we're okay with that. And it's a platform in a setting that no one's ever seen us in sure, And the more we go out into the deep end and answer some of these questions, thinks the better. For sure, I can swim because my media training was h three years ago, two years ago. And it's popping. He's on fire. You do not have a burn enough one. He's on fire and he's holy. Okay, next up, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi god?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, wow?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Alina?
Speaker 1: Do you spell?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 3: Was an? I?
Speaker 1: Ro an e it's an I? Okay, but close enough to his daughter? I think, yes, just fine, Yeah, oh that's to be close to yes, but out of context, really money, she might have known her daughter's name is Alena.
Speaker 9: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I assumed she knew, all right, Alena, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just got a new smart watch.
Speaker 1: How many steps you get in today? I?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 4: Because I literally just got it. I was like waiting for the package.
Speaker 1: I want to walking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I probably will after this.
Speaker 1: Kevin loves walking. I don't mind it.
Speaker 6: I don't, but I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To love it. There from Seattle, Seattle City Washing. That's it. Okay. We are giving advice out for free.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Wow, So if.
Speaker 1: You have anything you need advice on, could be anything plumbing, other stuff, smart watches. It's actually a good app. I can give you a further your smart watch.
Speaker 4: But okay, sure, yeah, what's that you have?
Speaker 1: Pokemon? Go good app. I think you can give the the windy city of Seattle our best and thank you for you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Side, we met Dave Matthews last time in Seattle. Yes, at a at a sandwich shop. He was so cool. Thanks to the Brooks the Brooks store, we got free shoes team and then we had the most amazing sam That sandwich was so good and we knew it was good with Dave Matthews was coming with his in laws or parents, but it was let's get him on the pod. I have a great Dave Matthew story. That's just the st end of the story. What is the story told? A great David Matthew story. Remember when when mom got her car. This is a true story. Our mom got a new car. Now it's okay, you're about to one of us. We're not car is on this. So Denise, our mother gets his car. She's raving about it so excited, and Kevin comes in and goes, oh no, that's so cool. It's like that's actually like the one I got. Danny but but her is like one better I said, one better version of that. Right, I'm not crazy. It's just she has like the display, like the camera display, and you're you and she was like okay. The intention was to say that it's great us have a similar car, similar like the name. And he's like, oh, you still have like a CD player, so weirdle and close enough because it's rare to mean well with an E and I have met a few and any other letter context. Should we get the next collar on? Sure, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Animal cells forms of the C on either side of the cell.
Speaker 1: Hello, But we learned the phytoplasm in the center of the cell is extremely what's going on? Who is that? It's not what are you studying for?
Speaker 4: It's Hannah. It's a prerec for my paramedic.
Speaker 1: It's just very very cool cool. So are you you're studying to be a paramedic or you are already? Are you're just you know, tuning it up.
Speaker 4: I'm a I'm an e MT right now, I'm you.
Speaker 1: Where are you, Hannah? Where you based? Don't need your addresses? Just where you based? Orlando, Orlando, the Windy City. Do you watch the pit show? I watched Yeah, because this stuff kind of grosses me out. It's not like that. Everyone know. Somebody was like, no, it's pretty crazy. You hear like when they're like cutting a body open, the gooeyness, I'm like, I don't want to watch that show. It's not like that. It's not a soap opera either. It's just a great it's a great show. Not that there's anything wrong with soap operas. We love soap operas. Chatty, it's great, Okay, Hannah. We are giving out advice tonight because we we just felt like it and exactly. We'd love to know if you need any advice on anything. If you don't, that's fine too.
Speaker 4: I actually do need advice, but nothing from us.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a shot. We'll just see if we know it, you know, unless this is not something you'll feel cooful talking about. But it's just like any just anything, anything to give you pass some background. Hada. We've been giving out dating advice. We've given advice that Nick has been giving pastoral advice. We've been putting it out there, but Choe's actually a pastor. Well I'm the only minister. I guess that those unless.
Speaker 4: I guess this goes along with like the dating.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 4: I don't know. So I met this guy like a year ago, and just last week he like re entered my life.
Speaker 1: I guess in a sense I just got chill.
Speaker 4: No, he like literally, I'm so like I'm actually in my like I hate man era and he just like randomly appeared out of nowhere and he shout up with my job, and he said, yeah, I wanted to visit you whatever, and we ended up like talking after work and like it was very cute. See and but he's in a situation with an on and off again girl of but not really.
Speaker 3: Working out right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a serious moment, Joe, stop it. Here's the question, how on and off are we talking? And is it currently off?
Speaker 4: It's currently off because.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, okay, so it's off, so that means they can be on for you.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be like that girl either, No, I it's not what you want.
Speaker 1: Go off, Hannah. Self respect goes a long way. So he came to visit you at work, I assume not as a patient. We don't assume, because it would be really cute if he's working at.
Speaker 4: My other job at all watch part No, he's the firefighter.
Speaker 1: This is kind of giving an episode of the pit. Well, it's okay, let's get serious.
Speaker 4: Actually been crashing out about this all basically, so I will.
Speaker 1: I get it by the way I get it. That's and the wampum was because I'm like, that breaks my heart, doesn't break a heart of my heart. How did it feel to see him again.
Speaker 6: After like a year and any messages me saying that like he misses me and YadA YadA YadA, but then like he don't do.
Speaker 4: Anything about it because of the situation. So he used to work at my old job, but then I left. So I hadn't seen him in a while. And I've been trying to get on with a fire department and he's a firefighter for said fire department. Like running into each other again.
Speaker 1: I think it's uh, it's time for a candle at dinner and a real conversation.
Speaker 4: I don't like he won't he won't go out with me.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about going out. That's not what I'm talking about. I need a bound bound button. I think it's time for like a movie night. You need to you know, a little bit of romance needs to be displayed. But she said he will not do that. That that was a red flag to me. I'm just gonna say it because we met.
Speaker 4: Him after work and like we talked in the car for like like three.
Speaker 1: In the morning, and we don't know what time your shifts might be. Yeah, I think it's time to go bowling.
Speaker 4: But like, I don't want to be I don't want to be that girl, I said. I said, let me know when you figure it out.
Speaker 1: So he's still in the situation, will you said that's good, that's great.
Speaker 4: But he kissed me, so I'm like, what the hell it's kissing me off?
Speaker 1: Your heart is not to be played with, Hannah. And if somebody's gonna be messing with your heart, then goodbye. That's their loss. You seem like a really nice person, and you laid you late. You put your foot downe and said, hey, okay, you need to figure that out. Otherwise I'm good And I understand the crash because you're like, this isn't who but I think he's on ice now. We gotta put him up. We can't be responded. We can't you could be like respectfully, Hannah, is my advice, our advice. It's being like, Yo, listen, I'm gonna take a little I'm gonna take a little bit. I'm gonna take a couple of steps back. I don't think we should be communicating romantically or even this flirty because you're in your thing and until that's figured out, I don't want to be that girl yeah, or that person. Yeah. Nobody wants to be a second choice.
Speaker 4: And it's just so it's so annoying. It's so hard because I'm such a lover girl and then piss me of off.
Speaker 1: Well, well, somebody deserves your love. It it's not him if he's not the right guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I've just I've had the worst luck in the dating scene.
Speaker 1: It's gonna change, because you know what, you're inspiring a lot of people on this call, I'm sure that are like in the same situation. They're like, you know what, my go off, queen, it's time, it's time, it's time. Thank you so much for your time here, for what you do. Good luck, stay strong. Maybe the guy or person that's meant for you is listening right now. And it's like, I'm gonna go to every AM team like who here has worked at a water park?
Speaker 4: I really hope not, because that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you so much, guys. I love y'all.
Speaker 1: By stay safe. We got one more caller, used to I got one more caller. Hello, This is hey Jonas, Hello, going, Hi. How do you duty? Hello?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're pretty good. We're over here answering advice, giving advice. Fuck, I'm sorry, I screwed it up. Sorry, curse.
Speaker 2: That works, I'm not. You're good?
Speaker 1: All right? Cool? We got We had a spiritual call earlier and it threw me off, and I feel like I can't curse anymore. Back in grade school, I'm the second peel of our church.
Speaker 2: All right, you're safe with me, I understand.
Speaker 1: Thank god. So Hi, tell us about your life. Why what's your name? First of all, my name does. Very nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: I am calling from North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Which part I talked to you?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 2: I talked to you actually at the Charlotte Show.
Speaker 1: Nice, very nice.
Speaker 2: I requested games.
Speaker 1: Oh, great request by the US. Our parents have a restaurant not far from Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been there. It's very good.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming to check it in, and thank you for requesting games. That's what we were just actually practicing that in soundcheck the other day because we wanted to play it again, but then no one requested it. Maybe we'll pay Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: Well I'm here for you.
Speaker 1: So you called our hotline where we're answering questions and giving advice if you need it. Do you have something you'd like to either ask us or advice you'd like to be given?
Speaker 2: So I do have a question for you. So I am a mother. I have a two year old son, and I have found being a parent has been very healing for me, very healing for my childhood traumas and things like that. So I was just curious what has been one of the most healing things about being a parent for you guys.
Speaker 1: Wow, A great question, great question. I completely agree. How much time do you have? Yeah? I completely agree being a parent has has been super healing. One of the things that I find is that I'm sort of constantly finding ways to explain things that I either took for granted or overlooked in everyday life and now because the questions are always well, why is it like that? Why? Everything from why is glass clear? To why is the and she wouldn't say it this way, but the establishment the way it is. Why why are the rules like this? And I've had to sort of remind myself of why and then also find a way to frame it so that this world that can be very intense and kind of overwhelming and you know, scary at times, feels a little less scary and intense. And that's helped me heel as well to say, Okay, maybe it's not as bad as I thought it was, or maybe these things that that you know, I would just look at and go, okay, that's just part of life can actually be blessing again and just bring me joy in new ways. It's it's probably a combination of the simplicity of, you know, the way in which a four year old thinks and how beautiful that is, but also the wonder in her eye and her ability to see just the good and everything has helped me a lot. Someone gave me this advice, and I don't know exactly it was me, It was Joe. Someone gave me this advice, and I think it was very very profound for my own life because I have I struggle with this at times. But it was that you have ten thousand hours before they leave for college. The math might be wrong. I can't. Maybe I'm not remembering it exactly right. But the point that they're trying to make is the fact that like it is fleeting, and the time you have is with them as children is so precious and so important, and before you know what, they're gone or they're moving on, and they're they're out of your life and they're out of your home maybe, And it's just incredible to think that the time we have with them now is the time that we'll be able to shape who they are. And they are already becoming who they are, and they're shaping you. And I've learned more from them being their father than I think I will ever teach them beautifully si'd Keed's amazing, Desra, you got me my feels. I'll sell you that much. I'm a single dad and I co parent with my children's mother, and so I think my children have given me like purpose again in my life. I think like having them the reason I do what I do now, And you know, you go to work, our work, it happens to be grateful that it's what we love so much, but also like knowing that I get to work hard if I'm not with them and go back to my shared time where I get to be with them. It makes it so much better to to work that much harder, and they've really like given me the reason to to be alive. I would say, you know, I think like in my saddest moments, I'm able to be reminded quickly that a hug from them can solve the world's problems in my in my own world. Now, I know I'm not hyper unique. There's a lot of people in my situation that are single parents and go through this, and I'm grateful that I have a co parent that I can balance even the bad days. But I think being able to have like good people around me to kind of help me navigate it is really special, and I think they've taught me that I'll be okay even in my toughest days. Yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Guy's a whole really good answers.
Speaker 1: What's your son's name, Cairol? Great name? And what do you what do you like and love most about your son?
Speaker 2: He's not I'll tell you that he's so funny. He cracks me and my husband up on a regular basis, Like he's so silly and he's so smart, and it's just amazing to see. I guess it's it's amazing to see like our different personality trades show in him, but also he's taking those and like becoming his own little person now because you know what too, they start talking and really showing their personality. So he's just like blooming and it's so funny.
Speaker 1: I love it. That's so sweet. Well, that's amazing. Shout out Kiro, shout out to you and your husband. Thank you for beautiful question. Absolutely, and I'm really happy that you know you're navigating this what sounds like so well and what an inspiration you are to us now, Yeah, appreciate you. Jessurray, have a good one. Thanks for the request of games. Shout out to you. Yeah, for sure, of course. Already bye soon. All right, guys, that was really fun. That was great. It's fun. You have way better with your soundboard. What do you mean, I got way better? Way more like less trigger happy? Balance, Yes, balance, it was I know I was going to be doing during desires. That was That was our first sort of emotional moment in the pond. I wasn't absolutely you weren't about to cry. No, we don't do that. We don't do that. Don't do that. All right, so we did a really good job answer Well, thanks guys for tuning in again. We'd love to do this again, so call us at one a four, Hey Jonas or at Hey Jones Podcast wherever you listen to your podcast, and as always, bye bye bye by bye bye bye