Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stenevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move of Bloomberg News. Equities reporter and deputy team leader for US Equities Carmen Reinicky is in the house. We're almost there.
Speaker 3: Well are we Well, yeah, we're getting there. We're getting there.
Speaker 1: Some big moves though, And one name that we are talking about a lot today, we're going to talk about it as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's super micro Micro ticker SMCI. So we're down thirty two percent right now. This is the most sense sort of end of October with twenty twenty four, so three individuals associated with the company were indicted by the US Attorney's office. So this includes the co founder who's charged with smuggling chips to China. So really significant here for this company. H And I also like to point out here, so super Micro has had a pretty rough stretch of years. So this company was almost delisted in twenty twenty four, and just at the beginning of twenty twenty five that was sort of resolved and it's stayed listed and it stayed apart or you know, it's a part of the S and P five hundred. But so you know, they've had some regulatory concerns over there financials and now this so just a lot of I think overhangs over the stock.
Speaker 2: What do they do?
Speaker 4: So they're server maker, okay, and they are associated with in video as well, so they've gotten they've had they had a big run up because of you know, the AI trade, but then also you know, struggled with some other issues that led to volatility.
Speaker 1: I feel like we have talked so much over the last couple of years on this company of it.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean the biggest suppliers for super Micro including Video, Broadcom, Intel, Micron, and Western Digital, and it is a big name.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: According to the Bloomberg Terminal, more than fifty percent of what SMCI spends goes to in video. But a lot of people spend a lot of money within video.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, yeah, those are big numbers all around me.
Speaker 3: It's not just super Micro, I.
Speaker 1: Guess TBD right, Like we're going to find out what happens with this one, all right, where shall we go next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's go to Dell. So this is kind of the flip side of the server. Mark your trade. So we're seeing this up about a little hundred three percent right now. This is ticker d E l L. So basically what it looks like is if SMCI is, you know, having these issues, Dell could really get more share here in this space. So a couple of analysts and some investors I've spoken to saying that this really could be a beneficiary because it's a competitor of SMC, I have super micro.
Speaker 3: All right, Dell moving in the opposite direction as SMCI.
Speaker 1: Talks up of nearly thirty percent Dell this year, Like, woa.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're getting a Dell remember that we remember that. Yeah, very different company than it was.
Speaker 1: Which is just the you know, definitely transformed.
Speaker 3: Let's stay in the industry and talk Micron.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so ticker MU. Micron has been an interesting one this week. So share their down about five point three percent today is a two day decline. I think this is interesting because the company had really blow out earnings on Wednesday after hours, really great you know, forward guidance seems like everything's good, but it seems like investors are really focusing on this higher capital spending that they're saying, you know that they need to continue what's.
Speaker 3: A few billion dollars here and there, right, and lets want to see twenty two points something billion, and they got twenty five billion.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's all you know, it's all for the AI trade. It's building out data centers. You know, it's something that Micron needs to do to fulfill you know, all the demand that they have in the memory space. So it's interesting, I mean also to note that the stock could run up, you know, fourteen percent, and three days before results it was up sixty percent this year, you know, ahead of those as well. So a lot of buying, a lot of enthusiasm here a.
Speaker 1: Double edged sword, right, Like, it's great to have all that demand, but they can't they don't have enough supply to meet it, and so they've got to do the buildout, which costs a lot of money and sometimes more than what they anticipated. And this gets to the story that we constantly talk about these cycles where the demand is outstripping the supply, and this is kind of I feel like exponentially the demand is outstripping the supply and then they've got to spend, and then you wonder, by the time they build it, is that demand still there. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely something that we're looking at in the entire memory space. Right Like, these stocks have done so incredibly well, people are definitely still excited about them as part of the AI infrastructure trade. But it is a very cyclical sector, so we're definitely looking at that as well.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.