Speaker 1: Y'all, no song.
Speaker 2: Every time I saw he was advocating when we weren't together.
Speaker 1: Nelly, every time I steal a kiss Nelly, My god, how you been? Yeah? Yeah, that's great? What dude? Yeah? Year?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: Yards? Joe cracked the daunt your boy, Jada? You know what it is? Did Joe and Jada show?
Speaker 3: First things first, we like to welcome our guests, Ashanti and Nelly.
Speaker 4: Make some noise.
Speaker 1: Just make it before we even get in any questions. Your cracked.
Speaker 3: I think they're trying to steal a little bit of your percentage of something. You know.
Speaker 1: Let misca.
Speaker 2: First of all, I ain't even say nothing. Never came right in with like, yo, crack, You're trying to take the credit. It's the fucking truth. Why I gotta why I'm always getting scolded.
Speaker 1: I was trying to protect you, champ. Don't protect. Don't protect? You know what's up? I'm trying to protect you.
Speaker 2: No, you know what's up? Don't I'm not lying. I was there when you was there. You was on my phone. You're listen. They announced how you doing? Brother, and listen they announced the verses My first yo, I'm not even gonna lie to you. Come on, it was like viral. I'm not gonna it wasn't viral. It was viral for your call because it came so fast. I just said, your brother, you leave me there. I didn't know I was in for the fix, right, Like, Yo, you know what you guys just did the verses. You actually fucked me up because your verses was so hood and so ghetto.
Speaker 1: They was no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying they shooting dice. No, I love it. It's the greatest It's the greatest moment of hip hop I've seen in my lifetime recent. Right, I'm just keeping it real with you. But they definitely was. You wasn't at the bathroom. They were shooting dice and smoking bloods at the girls had to walk over dice games.
Speaker 1: This ship was sent seventy dollar.
Speaker 2: No, so you had me thinking I was the next versus that it was going to be ghetto. You know what's something I'm thinking about all these underground sauce he called me. I said, man, Nelly might be too big for this because, by the way, Nelly Dine sold thirty forty million records. Way too dad, So I said, yo, you know why you might want to fall back right, and then I'm going through it and I'm said, man, we better dirty. But I didn't know you were setting me up the whole time. So I go, I call you back. He was like, I'm there, you're my brother. One thing I can say, you know you might this. You know that's why this is my siss on another level. So I don't think people really understand that when we call brother and sister, that's a different type of talk. So it's like it's a different type of talk. It's like, yo, that's my sister. We have friends, associates, people, but when were in that lane, it's a different type of lane. And so I don't think nothing of it.
Speaker 1: Man, And you came out there sleepwalking. You seen it? You was like, you walk across the whole ship. I see you. I've been duped, I've been taken for a ride.
Speaker 2: Check.
Speaker 1: Had nothing to do with you. Do you think he was in the way, this guy so much? You think you care about coming to versus this guy? Come over here of this guy?
Speaker 2: You lie?
Speaker 5: Man, listen, and you caught a burning and a baby control with the ship never never.
Speaker 6: Burning the baby is amazing.
Speaker 1: But the scenario was a little bit different. Okay, right, I did. I saw the verse of What's Name, and I knew what was going on. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I was gonna just so happened. I was up in New York. I was gonna be there for something a little bit different.
Speaker 1: You was there early, took super early.
Speaker 2: So when it was like that, I was just letting you know, Yo, I'm up here. You gonna need I'm gonna be up there if you need me to by by. I was just letting you know because I knew what versus was going. It was different from the time I did it. This should had been this ship is went to Madison Square. God, hold on, this is different. You added to the delusion, like you came in my room early and was like.
Speaker 1: You got this. He can't mess with you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yah, yeah, I'm like this guy got a thousand hits.
Speaker 1: I told you. I told you to recognize me. Wired.
Speaker 2: I recognized that wasn't That wasn't me. That was your other sister. Had you get had you pumped and red? She had she had you ready to go, But I definitely said no, you gotta do you You you got this because you're him.
Speaker 1: You were pacing it was on your mind. You knew what you were in for.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's what you knew what you're in for. You were like, yeah, it's a different company.
Speaker 1: She got a thousand heads. Mo, this guy's got it.
Speaker 2: I said, don't worry about you know you got let me explain you got this and then you got.
Speaker 1: Versus is the closest thing to a boxing match. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I came down, I said to Uncle Davi's house in Jersey. When I came downstairs, the doorman was.
Speaker 1: Like, get him, joke. I get in the car. I swear to god, I get in the car.
Speaker 2: The FedEx man was like, get him cracked everywhere you got old lady.
Speaker 1: Cross in the street, get him, Joe, drag him. I was like, yeo. I was like love with something.
Speaker 2: I was like and then, just like a boxing match, when it got to like that thirteen, fourteenth and fifteenth, I just kept feeling body blow body blow, and I said, oh my god, this guy he's swinging for the fences. Now, you guys, how are you feeling that?
Speaker 6: Because you was in the oh man, I felt like the tennis match, you know what I'm saying. I was like this, okay, Joe Joe going back and forth. But you know I love both of y'all. You know what I'm saying. So I was definitely going to be there. But you know when I spoke to you after, why you ain't telling me this?
Speaker 1: He was gonna be Why you ain't tell me?
Speaker 7: Joe is just as guilty as Dirty.
Speaker 5: Said.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be this woman for nobody. His facts factual. I don't go against him for nobody. Brother, I don't go against him.
Speaker 1: Right. This guy lined me up? Why did you think.
Speaker 2: About it till he came out and started sleepwalking through the yo. They got video of it. When I came upstairs at the rehearsal, Rim had him in there like custom model Entyson.
Speaker 8: You know you gotta yet, you gotta just left right left. I was like crackling, looked like you was in there.
Speaker 1: You announced not only that she got pregnant behind.
Speaker 9: This thing like man Shan he never got pregnant.
Speaker 4: We heard you say that that Nelly set you up. We heard Shany say you set her. I was also a guest on that version to do New York.
Speaker 3: With y'all did and being in this in the crowd or being in the cut where I was at watching the show before I went on. God is My Witness. When you saw it, if we got the footage, it was like a kid with the bike.
Speaker 1: They put PlayStation the bike.
Speaker 2: Everything you were talking about. No you that was at the end of the show.
Speaker 7: You had a different glow.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 2: A hit record called Mezma rides Me. No, she got it now, we love you. You're dirty? Tell you something, Ship. This eyes was looking all right.
Speaker 1: She was on fire.
Speaker 2: No, no, hold on, You're a handsome guy, pulls whatever they want to say. You've always been a handsome guy. The ladies love you. This woman around that she was on fire. You've seen all them bathing.
Speaker 1: She was in too much. I'm ain't going up. I'm calling.
Speaker 2: Bahamas and Cako then everywhere bathing suit ship. I'm like, She's like, she looks more beautiful than when she was younger.
Speaker 1: This is you.
Speaker 2: Was looking at them bitches on the I g correct, Joe, did I I don't want to do.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this. You know it? On your show? Was I by myself? What do you mean? I had somebody with me? I didn't come there for that.
Speaker 6: And when I walked in your room, it.
Speaker 1: Was somebody with me. I didn't even notice.
Speaker 2: I know when I walked in your room, it was somebody with me.
Speaker 1: I did not come there.
Speaker 2: I thought it was Jermaine Dupree that.
Speaker 1: That's the only guy. I said it with you, Jamaine.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm telling me because here's the thing. I did not want to cause no friction. I did not YouTube brother, you know, you know doing what you was doing. And I was like, Yo, this is a beautiful situation.
Speaker 1: You know me. I'm gonna keep it pee all right.
Speaker 2: I'm you know me yo, and you know me. Jordians kind of know me for thirty years, but they don't really know me, know me and some of the ship I say, sound crazy, but I need ten percent.
Speaker 1: This Brad Pitt, this.
Speaker 2: Kid Muhammad al le gonna make. I'm in this management contract for something. This guy looked like Muhammad.
Speaker 1: When he was born.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have y'all showed him yet? Know he's gonna be on him yet not even in the show. I'm leaving that to her for every birthday.
Speaker 6: Yes, birthday, nine months.
Speaker 2: I was there, a good baby man. She locked out, Yes, anyways, laughing. He doesn't cry.
Speaker 1: Beautiful as any man. Shot. Yeah, great energy, great energy. I told everybody, I said, like this, I'm on the red carpet. It was like, did you see it? Shanty and Nellie's baby, the most beautiful this man was born. So this man was born with a full seting.
Speaker 2: He got that again. I'm not exaggerating. I'm sorry, y'all don't see him. Man, But this guy's a start, and I know I got at least to get some type of paper. We got you, me and you both because he a half a MILLI in the hole because I was on tour when he decided to come out two weeks early, so he kind.
Speaker 1: Of cost me too, shorts.
Speaker 2: No, he cost me two shows in a party, and I need my money.
Speaker 1: He started half.
Speaker 6: You know, we're gonna make that up. We're gonna make that up. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: We gotta he gonna need the birth of a legend. Yeah, appreciate.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Love, Yes, Love all over powers hate over powers every other thing. You know, sometimes hearts miss each other. It ain't always guaranteed to hit each other and find the right thing. And so you guys definitely spun the block and came back and your hearts joined together. And there's nothing like that. For you guys to.
Speaker 1: Make a TV show called We Even Long Together? This is like and.
Speaker 2: I mean what I mean, I know what it's like. I'm just asking you. You're both more mature. You'll figured out. Damn man, that was my guy. You figured out that was my girl. We both well off in life.
Speaker 1: Thank god. I think that's basically it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: We had a chance to see And I hate using that example, but it is. I mean, I mean it's in.
Speaker 2: A way not to minimize it, but it's like getting a chance to test drive a vehicle. Then you low like, Yo, that's the one that's that's that's the one. You know what I'm say saying, it's like, well maybe it ain't so nah, it's all that and there's something so it's just like, yo, this is the one that you feel you want to ride off till.
Speaker 1: I'm listening. This is a male driven the ladies to speak up that she ain't talking.
Speaker 6: I mean, I agree, you know, I said, I feel like what's meant to be will be. You know, we were together off and off for eleven years. We broke up for almost ten years, and I didn't know what was gonna happen. You know, the next time I saw him. We hadn't seen each other until that night. So you know, when the when the breakup first happened, it's like when you see him, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm a bunch of hones, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: I hate him. I'm just you know. It was one of those so being at so much time went by, that was the first night in almost a decade that we saw each other talk to each other anything. So for it to happen like that, it was just like, oh, ship was gone.
Speaker 1: She got the baby. The baby.
Speaker 6: Don't blame me, she got the ringing.
Speaker 2: No, she said, she says to me, she says, I don't know. She asked me, what, yo, bro, why you know why it ain't working out for me?
Speaker 1: Like that? Right?
Speaker 2: And I was like, your sister, you know, when a guy take you on a date. You got a mom's ten cousins, J and yore on the day with a whole twelve clip. Now you take the girl, y'all. I like you, let's go on the date.
Speaker 1: It's the whole fam.
Speaker 2: I said, your sister, maybe if you cut off some of the autorage on the date. She was like, you think so, I said, yo, I tell you But the moral to the story is this woman has managed to have the cleanest reputation in this business because she and her mother and her family and her thing.
Speaker 1: You ain't. You ain't with no.
Speaker 2: Washed up stories and all that, you got a prime time right And so no, no, I mean, I'm telling you. I attribute that to you, of course, but I attribute that to your mother and your family for being there. Because the biggest problem, even in my projects when I grew up, is women being influenced by other women. Women got dirt on her. She definitely want a friend to get dirt.
Speaker 1: On her, y'all, but talk to him.
Speaker 2: But this, y'all, yeah, right, and so she ain't got a dirt on her face clean, And so I love that for y'all too. Now, this man right here, I don't know if he knows. He took me on my first real tour and Keisha Cole used to open up for us, and she was singing What's Love?
Speaker 1: Who be behind the curtains, singing What's live Live?
Speaker 2: And we went all around the country, and you and your entire crew, right, just all of y'all treated me with so much love over the years. You guys, every time I see you guys, you bring a smile on my face. I mean all of your guys, all of your guys are amazing. And this is this, this this, this is a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And has this slown up your schedule or y'all still.
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: We're still pure, pure, definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean with her obviously with the baby, she's trying to less as possible.
Speaker 1: But I'm doing the rest of the tour. The rest of the year.
Speaker 2: We did Australia, Canada, and Europe. She was actually with me for a majority of Europe. And then now we start back here in the States and the end of this month towards so we do something like that.
Speaker 1: So thank god I'm still twenty six years later. It's going down on Friday, July eleventh.
Speaker 2: Netflix and Most Valuable Promotions are bringing the fight of a century the whole world's.
Speaker 1: Been waiting for.
Speaker 2: It's Serrano Taylor. This is the trilogy is crazy. The first two fights was legendary. We're gonna see who the true winner is. Katie Taylor is chasing ultimate glory, a man that Serrano is fighting for.
Speaker 1: Redemption and revenge. Body Qua.
Speaker 2: This is more than a fight it's the first ever woman's boxing trilogy, and the world is watching trilogy is crazy. That means we want to see Redemption live from the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York City. Another thing, yo, these girls is fighting in MSG. It's Taylor versus Serrano one last time. It's about to get personal. You don't want to miss the smoke, the stakes, sky high, the rivalry, the legendary who will win?
Speaker 4: I like Saranos.
Speaker 1: I like her to.
Speaker 2: If you are not tapped into this fight, you missing everything in the world. Watch Katie Taylor versus Amanda Serrano Friday, July eleventh and eight pm Eastern, five pm Specific live only on Netflix.
Speaker 1: That's that Netflix. Boy, that's gonna be going down on Netflix. Don't leave the crib.
Speaker 2: If you ain't got a ticket to that Madison Square Garden, tune into that Netflix.
Speaker 1: Taylor Toronto, July eleventh, Netflix.
Speaker 2: Tell us about you actually live on the road like we were called, yeah about the show this show.
Speaker 1: That well, you know I did.
Speaker 2: I did a reality show so to speak, because I was before Nellyville.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to show us fathers single fallows at that time.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, And I just thought it was a great way to show show the rest of the world that you could still be in here and still what we're doing.
Speaker 1: You know, you got your baby girl with you.
Speaker 2: You always keep your babies with you and things like that, and I thought that that would be a dope process. But doing this right here, I just wanted people to get a chance to see exactly the things that you talked about in the qualities of this young lady right here. You know, they don't get a chance to see her charisma, how funny she is and everything from that standpoint. And you know, it's twenty twenty five, so you're looking for different avenues as well. You know, we gotta think business at all times, you see what I'm saying. So she gets to think about everything else for me, and that's a blessing. But I got to think about, you know what I'm saying, moving this shit forward and keeping the platform. What's it like for you, your movie star number one singer, you weldy above, what's it like being on TV with cameras around your family?
Speaker 6: I mean it's a lot. It was different, you know, because I'm a lot more private, and I just felt like when we spoke about it, obviously this was his idea, and at first I was kind of like, but then, you know, we're married, so I'm a team player, so I was down, you know what I mean. And it's like us just having real lives and careers and traveling. We just got married, I had a baby. That's a lot, so it's kind of like we had to find time for the cameras, you know what I'm saying, to kind of capture everything. So it was it's a little bit of a lot, but it's worth it.
Speaker 2: She got so many other great ideas that she wants to get off the ground, and my business was, you know what I'm saying, you gotta have avenues, outlets, platforms and things to get those out.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You can have great ideas all day, but if you ain't got nowhere to put them, if you ain't got no where to push them, or if you don't you just sitting in the crib. Is you ain't got no block or no workers, You just sitting in the house with a bunch of I knew an artist who was for the time being, he made nothing but hit records, and I would check on him in the studio and he would y'all made this and this ship be fire and everybody go crazy. In the studio, he would go, it just sain't right, and he would he would erase the song.
Speaker 1: Every night I were here, hit after hit after hit.
Speaker 2: When it was just like that, met the man Redman, think he'd be like, let me play you this, and I'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, yo, not quite ready.
Speaker 2: The guy never came out and never became a superstar, right, And so the problem is a lot of people they procrastinate to the point that you talk out, you talk yourself out of the ideas, you know.
Speaker 1: And so in this age, you know.
Speaker 2: We had Jim Jones up in here and he bought a little film studio in the Bronx.
Speaker 1: He got them doing podcasting there.
Speaker 2: We need to take matters in our own hands exactly and follow through with the ideas. I'm with Shanty h We at the Beacon Theater, and I never forget what we could go into everything.
Speaker 1: But I never forget when we got that phone.
Speaker 2: Call Mama that she sold over five hundred thousand her first week her first album. We jumping up and down like the Wizard of Oz. That Guinness Book Guinnis book. We jumping up and down in the middle of the street, like you know, the Wicked with just Dad because I don't know if you remember how intense that was was, like what is it?
Speaker 1: What's it up? I remember what's going on? And we started running around.
Speaker 2: How does it feel to be on a Guinness book and beat one of the biggest female superstars with the most longevity and relevancy in the game.
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, it's a blessing. I'm super super humbled, And it's funny when you talk about that. Remember I didn't know what none of that meant. You know what I'm saying, I'm.
Speaker 1: A new for you.
Speaker 6: Yes, everybody's happy, and I'm looking at like, well, is that good?
Speaker 1: Five hundred thousand? Is that a good number?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. I'm you only had no idea the good numbers. So I was just like super appreciative and to be able to be here today and still as we both were in an arena in London to a sold out twenty thousand seed the holding a mic out, allowing people to sing on records is a blessing, you know what I'm saying. So I'm just so happy. I'm grateful.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, we very competitive in our house because you know we didn't the baby all last the day ago that she throws like my debut, did that.
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 10: If you did, I should say to visit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thirty three, Hold up, Jada, that wasn't twenty six thirty. That wasn't up, Jada, that video come out. That was not a week. I was freaking the numbers of ten million solely that you wasn't the week. Not talking about the week.
Speaker 7: Let listen, let me run down the hardware that they got.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of hardware.
Speaker 1: Listen, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: Nelly three Grammys, four American Music Awards, two BT Awards, nine Billboard Awards. Nelly has sold over twenty one million hours in the United States. One of the best selling rap artists in American history. Country Grandma Diamond ten million, Shelleyville Diamond Plus won eleven million, Shoty one Grammy, two American Music Awards, six ash CAP Awards, eight Billboard Awards. First Debut Album five hundred Plot five hundred thousand, The First Week Triple Platinum, Chapter two Platinum, Concrete Roads Platinum, hard Where.
Speaker 3: Is the.
Speaker 2: Thirty six Christmas Movies Lifetime favorite.
Speaker 1: I have a Christmas Treams and Berry just.
Speaker 2: I've been calling your money forever.
Speaker 1: It's competitive in a star, in a star start can't even get the start. I can't forget the start. Yeah, it gets real and that we love that though, Yeah, why we love that? That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I met a shan to put that under. We take something. I met a Shati.
Speaker 1: It's a blessing. Could we can I talk about that? Talk about it?
Speaker 2: But I Shanty was like the studio we would just a studio body.
Speaker 6: You could call it a studio rat. That's what they used to say.
Speaker 2: That's what they I'm not saying that, but I'm just saying that man, studio body.
Speaker 1: She up in there.
Speaker 2: And the first day I met her, she was so upset because they broke into her car and stole her radio. This woman was ready to foul charges to the moon and back whatever.
Speaker 1: They're just stole my radio, crackhead broke them. I mean it was like somebody made it. Somebody that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they stole the radio with the fnzy bot, you take the b it was they stole her ship, and she was like radio but you know, I would see her in the studio and then one day I asked him, I said, Yo, what does the girl do right? Because they was like gangster rappers, right something. She sings R and B right, and then she did the Big pun. I said, you want to write a hook for the big punt thing? And she killed it, smoke that. She smoke that joint and then we did the West Love and then after that it was the Princess of.
Speaker 1: And she Yo, no talk every time I say.
Speaker 3: This, He was advocating when we weren't together, Nelly, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Every time I see her? Kiss Nelly? My god, how you been? Yeah, that's great? What you know telling me? At first he thought I was bugging out.
Speaker 2: Now I used to be like Joe, it's crazy, right because I also think of one situation. Not to bring up anything negative because we just But I remember the time I got into it with fifty cent who y'r fifth was up?
Speaker 1: We performed in Germany in two days.
Speaker 2: But I remember the time when I got into it with him at the MTV Awards. You know, it's business is really crazy, right, because you think everybody your man, everybody this and this and that well, you was the only person and all the rappers that I knew that I seen get up and you. You was telling me y'all got you like I'm holding you down in that set when I was like, y'all, fifty sent this and then he came back and dis me.
Speaker 1: But you had my back. Well, I knew five five. Me and five always had.
Speaker 2: A great relationship, and that kind of distorted that.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because and just to tell, where was we.
Speaker 6: At MTV Awards. That's why I thought he was going.
Speaker 2: We were at the MTV Awards and they were sitting like a table right behind us.
Speaker 1: Now had too much to drink. I'm hype. This is right before Kid Rock and slept. He set the ship out of Tommy Lee. There was something before Chris Rock was sitting right right that.
Speaker 2: Kid Rock is sitting with us, and Tommy Lee is like a table over and.
Speaker 1: My cat, Kid Rock, that's my cat too. He hot, he hot his fish grease. He's sitting right there. He's like cool and I'm gassing. He's not going to go. Well, I'm not not gassing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what I'm saying. So he does what he does what he's smack because hey Lee, MTV Awards out.
Speaker 6: And man, we were sing right.
Speaker 1: Next to them, We're sitting at the table. But but five was right. So I'm hype. I didn't got hype. I didn't got I said, babe, f I make that you want me to go over there? Don't look you.
Speaker 2: Want me to go make She was not no way in my heart that I'm thinking she gonna tell me to go over there. She's like, yeah, baby, yep yep, said so I'm like, I'm going. When I turned around, she can't see my face. I'm walking towards five, like let me you know, table full of g units.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm like, oh god, this right, this is not gonna go there.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And I started laughing. Come and he cracked. He cracked a smile, and I was like, fine, man, man, do me a favor, Do me a favor. When you old lady, man, do me a favor. Man, apologize for it.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm shot to you.
Speaker 6: I'm so sad, he said the whole crowd, And.
Speaker 1: I was like, I about her.
Speaker 2: Talking about by the way I had personally that twenty meetings.
Speaker 1: With him over her. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yes, even knowing I didn't have sat down with him twenty different times. It was like, yo, bro, she got nothing like you know, that's my sister, you bugging out this this this twenty Yeah. Even told me to mo, I know she got nothing to do with the mob, but what you want me to do is war man.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was hot, Yeah, you was hot over that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I ain't have nothing to do with it. And then when he after he said he signs like yeah yeah, I was like, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: I thought that she was gonna go left. I swear to god, I thought that was sure. And with those guys, they love it. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Those guys love it well. Fortunately enough, when we came in the game, we've always had a great relationship with everybody I've We've been fortunate enough to stay out of a lot of different scenarios. Even when you came down to one of my first birthday.
Speaker 1: Parties, whoa hotel was that it was the downtown I.
Speaker 3: Forgot it was a Millennium one of the birthday parties, and it was the craziest birthday party I ever been I can't even say one of this crazy. Yeah he was in the hotel, Yeah, DJ, he had anything you could think of St.
Speaker 1: Louis.
Speaker 12: His room was one shot at the hotel. I'm kind of floor now this week. One whole shot was his rule. It was it big ballroom, it was, it was greaty, it was.
Speaker 1: It was definitely big for our city and things like that.
Speaker 2: Man, they come, you know, because we was huge locks, huge locks fans. You know you were spitting, you were spitting, and he never really gave you credit for your lyrics and spitting.
Speaker 1: But look at you as you so big. No, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying as An MC as a spit up, he's he was spitting.
Speaker 1: I take the bag. You listen to ship.
Speaker 2: He was spitting, and it never really gave you credit lyrically. But you know what, it always felt a little different because I try to find my my place and everything in life. You find my place. You see what I'm saying, It don't matter what I'm in, find my place. And and I hate to tell people to stay in their place because I don't want it to be like you can't grow.
Speaker 1: But if I find my place, I'm gonna stay in my place. You know what I mean? And I found my place.
Speaker 2: And it's not about I tell you, give me my bag now, bring my flowers to the grave. I don't give shit. But none of that could flowers die? You know what I'm saying. Can I need my bag now?
Speaker 1: So if you bring me my.
Speaker 2: Shit now, I worry about everything else. I ain't never really worried about credit because all the people that I fucked with, I fucked with, like just knowing that y'all good people, we good people, knowing I got this woman right here and everything else underneath the table, I ain't worried about it on the surface.
Speaker 1: Like this man said twenty one million, but that was in two albums. They don't even.
Speaker 2: Country songs. You was country before country two thousand and three. What's that song with the country song.
Speaker 1: Over of your favorite?
Speaker 2: And that was in O three or Old four? And Universal told me I was told me I was crazy. I was coming off for Nellyville. They had just cut me a thirteen million dollar check and I said, yo, I want to do a country They passed the funk out.
Speaker 1: Why you're coming off of Nellyville?
Speaker 2: You just ad dilemma hot near Now you want to do country, Yes, because I'm lining up my avenues. I know if I land all of these different avenues, doors are going to start closing. And if this door is closed, this door is open. If this door's closed, this door is open. I got all those number one singles, and they all on every different format.
Speaker 13: Country, rhythmic, top love that when you heard Nelly, Yeah, Nelly, Nelly.
Speaker 11: Nah.
Speaker 6: That was a little before my time, yes, and there was where did dilemma come out?
Speaker 1: When dilemma come out? Okay, yeah, that was before.
Speaker 2: So you were just watching the video like, oh, I need this guy, this guy, and what's the story when? Because I want the real story because I've never heard you explain this right, the fabulous record, I hear it every day of my life with to me, if there's one record I hear every single day of my life. But maybe I listen to the old school stations. I don't know, but the joint with to me, I can't escape.
Speaker 1: What happened you.
Speaker 6: So this is what happened me and fab did the record right?
Speaker 1: Oh so you did it first with him?
Speaker 6: No, yes, I did it first with him. They got the clearance. I'm assuming from to me to do to redo it because it was originally her song. So when she was her song, so he asked me to do the hook. We went and did the hook. He wanted to shoot a video. I don't mean to talk about the past, but.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to clear.
Speaker 6: He did not want to clear me being in the video. So they was like, Yo, what sense does it make to go with this single and we can't shoot a video right, So they went back to Samita and asked if she would do the video, and then they put two versions out, so mine was on a radio and then.
Speaker 1: They had I go all around the World with.
Speaker 2: You and I watched you perform that record, and I said this must have been her record because you ain't singing nobody else's records and you sing that song so passionate, and I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Did they stealing ship? Right?
Speaker 2: Like I knew there was a story behind this one record because you're show and I'm like, I tell Lorenda too. I was like, yo, man, I think Ashanti that was her record. They took it from a you know, I've seen some crazy shit about what's the j loo.
Speaker 1: I've just seen it. It's one of them internet where you say, oh you got me on my own.
Speaker 2: It was all Chantay Moore's record, and Roddie Jurgens produced it for her, but he told to make it the number one the first single. She didn't go with it at the first single, and he gave it to j J took off with that. Sh Wow, that's like them story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's almost like always on time. You know that Brandy was supposed to do that. Yeah, Brandy was supposed to do it. I happened to be in the studio, Pa, see what happens.
Speaker 2: Shanty always sounds good at that. You know, Jaylo was supposed to be What's Love?
Speaker 6: Yes, I remember when you told me that that was back in like we was on It was not a zoom U Street. We was on something and I didn't know that. Remember we went to I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know that first of all. Uh, let's just say recipes. Her God was supposed to be we all the will I was supposed to do Bruce stein Park. He's telling you it was a toss up.
Speaker 1: They took Bruce. I'm telling you what happened, right. So I get to that, they call me her guardian jar U. Three in the morning.
Speaker 2: I go to the studio in this this this, this studio was out of my pay grade too. It was one of the big ships with the big like the hit factory.
Speaker 1: To speak it like I've been recording the bummy studios my whole life. I get up in there like this.
Speaker 2: So they pressed the things and then and then and then it was right, She's on it. He's like the Latino Connection, you and your sister j Lo.
Speaker 1: This will be life changing.
Speaker 2: This is He's telling me all this ship and I'm like, yo, what's up with the girl on the She sounds perfection? So I be having this thing called like demo, whitest ain't don't play with it, don't change the ship just like that, like that, like that, you know what I'm saying. I ain't gonna lie. We did lean back. Scott starts sending the mix. He added bells to it, and all ship. I was like, oh, I want the demo. I said, we leave her and it was the best fire I did that.
Speaker 1: I cannot didn't have a name for it.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: You know what you're doing, you like it the way you like this?
Speaker 3: Is it any word feeling in the world than when they send it back and nothing like the original.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say this guy, the lean back sounded nothing like the original. He just added like cole Bells and ship, and I was like, yo, bro.
Speaker 1: You know, knock yourself out.
Speaker 3: The one that the head ain't the one that I went to Virginia and sat with Pharrell and did he changed to be the whole ship?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no pig no, no not, it's the whole I know about post production. This was r whole song.
Speaker 3: I just picked rest in Peace, shout out the Forrell. They like, trust me, I'm like, no, it's a whole nuther.
Speaker 1: It still.
Speaker 2: A lot of times you gotta go with your gut, but sometimes sometimes it pays to somebody out there.
Speaker 1: It depends.
Speaker 2: It depends on who it is, because you could trust some people. Some people got they know what they're doing, you know what I mean. But a lot of times, you know, you try, you gotta go with your gut. I had things switched up again Ship my first single country grandmar Again.
Speaker 1: I never heard the radio version, never.
Speaker 2: Heard boom boom the course going down down street sweeper going down down your street and the range Rover street sweeper cocked ready to let it go.
Speaker 1: Show me, smy coco what listen to it. Pou light it up and take a puff. Pass it to me. Now never in my life heard boom boom, down, boom boom, never heard it.
Speaker 2: I cried, cried, they are trying to ruin me. I knew it, and I ain't gonna even lie. Boy, Listen, I blamed it on New York. No, I swear to God. I swear to God. I New York embraced you. And there's always a big lie, Right, there's a big lie. And I'll say no, no, there's a big no.
Speaker 1: No. You got this thing that all our guess is from the Bronx. Anybody she shut She shot.
Speaker 2: The video to What's Love in the Bronx for the university. Don't do that to yourself. Listen, let me tell you you fucked up what I was gonna say, you did it.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: He goes up. So I'm scared to fly. At the time I get on the tour bus, I go from Vegas, I drive all the way down the can coon got stuck up about six seven times, all by cops, the Mexican dudes.
Speaker 1: This small.
Speaker 2: Comes as stall as these lights in the middle of nowhere that for your pay yo. By the seventh time, I was I had to grab the Bible. No no, I had to grab the Bible and open it up and be like God, please, I can't get robbed no more.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even for it was my my fucking sanity.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, they's sticking us up every hour, some guys, some cop is pulling us off, getting us for a hundred dollars each other.
Speaker 1: Stay on the way, get him listen, so I get the can kum right.
Speaker 2: And at that point we're performing for spring break. So my album is only selling five thousand a week at the top. So I said, yo, I gotta kill this. I tell Lorena. I sayyo, Lorena, I gotta do something crazy. She said, go topless. Uhh, I said what, Go topless? And no big guy ever come out there and have his shit all open. Just throw a little towel on you.
Speaker 1: We went topless, Me and the Shanti that it ain't looked bad since.
Speaker 2: It felt bad for you now when I look at it. Because I was a big I never stunk in my life, but I was a big boy sweat.
Speaker 1: And I said, damn shot. He must have been like this fat, like fuck wrong with him?
Speaker 2: And let me tell you something, the white people discovered Fat Joe wants What's love came on? I never performed for blacks and Spanish people for the first two years. I was bar Mitzi's rumbyos all type of shit like I'm getting the bag bag.
Speaker 1: I'd like, Yo, what we're gonna perform for black people? Like what's going on this ship? That means you you getting the bag right?
Speaker 2: And so the ship kept After we did that performance, all the white shows like Soap Talk, uh, Saturday Night Live, they was like, this guy is called Joey Crack and then.
Speaker 1: You had at my butt cracked. Ain't no white people loved it.
Speaker 2: This ship went up ten thousand a week, twenty thousand a week. This ship went on fire. We sold two million records. And it's really because that one performance turned that ship up on fire because they were making fun of me. But I guess it was like by the moment I had a time, but it was confidence. They can make fun, but you they were in that moment, got the red.
Speaker 6: That's the moment, man, that's history right there.
Speaker 2: No, No, we got big his biggest, got the biggest. That peacock, right, peacock is where we find that show.
Speaker 1: Where can they check the show out? Peacock check out come out this week?
Speaker 6: Yes, the twenty six Thursday. That's what you were giving y'all all eight episodes at once. Get your session, watch the poll.
Speaker 3: Come out, crushing the game because you know you get Thursday, you see one episode.
Speaker 1: They're giving you all eight at once.
Speaker 3: Make sure y'all check that out on Peacock, it's called we Belong Together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they belonged again, Nelly. That sean to the at L. How did that come about? Shut up, man, shut up. Social Death family.
Speaker 2: Been going to Atlanta for a long for a long time, man, and I mean Atlanta huge influence on Nelly.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge Dungeon family. Dungeon go away, goodie, my rested piece, Rico U goodie mine. There is no Nelly without Selo Green. You see what I'm saying, Like just understanding that Big Gil and then out cast, you know what I mean, Like our cast changed the whole way I was doing music hearing them brothers, you know so.
Speaker 1: And then met up with JD.
Speaker 2: My man big Bob, who was security for JD at the time for a long time and still is.
Speaker 1: He's just helping me out. Like but yeah, man, and JD. That's that's part of the why me and JD is so close and a lot of people.
Speaker 2: JD did have an opportunity to sign me. I tell that story all the time, but me not knowing the business, I was a little bit upset with JD at the time. But knowing the business, I found out, you know, at that time, he had just signed what just signed Mace hallm World. It's at the same time he had just signed Mace Harlem World, and I and the homie Mace you know, was going through here his life and whatever he was going through and had to step away for a minute. So you know, those dominoes falling a lot of different people at the time, and I was trying to come out right then and right there. But the thing about it is JD always kept a friendship with me as far as yo, I can't sign you, but you a cool motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And I was like, ship, this guy ain't gotta let me hang with him, and you know what I mean. And then he was still keeping it, keeping it peak. So that's like a big brother to me. Man. And I've always been a social Death fan and Tip and everybody else. I don't know. Man. STL.
Speaker 2: The atl got strong ties anyway, like a lot of people from STL in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You know here to New York. A lot of they even got a Bronx day in Atlanta. They got.
Speaker 2: They never wanted to pay me to do Bronx that they never want to be. They got to Bronx that you don't get fat.
Speaker 1: You gotta go do that. This is bad. You gotta they have a Bronxe that I'll be wanting to go for free teams Bronx. You gotta.
Speaker 6: Joe got to be there to make it show.
Speaker 1: With these people.
Speaker 2: Man like this son is the biggest disrespect in the world. I'm gonna tell you an ill story. Right, I'm at a show with Nelly. I think we was in Nashville, right, and the next day was like the Grammys or something. And you asked me before the show, you say, yo, you you're going to the Grammys. I said, yeah, I'm going to the Grammy's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This and this and that. It's like, yo, come with us. Show up. We go to the private airport, everything laid out. We go inside.
Speaker 2: This guy he could really he ain't scared of planes. He knocked out so fast. That's my way of not being scared back of the time. It's just like, yo, just go to sleep. Whatever gonna happen is gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: I can't go out of my hands, bro, I cannot go to sleep if I don't take a bill like I'm going overseas or something like that, I can't go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to say is the plane lands. When it lands, there's a Bentley a Rose Royce right outside with the driver. Nelly gets out, goes down the stairs. They opened the door, they close the door, and he leaves.
Speaker 1: I said, this, motherfucker, rich this listen. He ain't take a picture. You know.
Speaker 2: You know, people getting a private they start yo the picture in the private, knocked on birthday parties in the private.
Speaker 1: This guy look like he do this for breakfast. I see.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, No, no, I swear to God. He walked right in the Rose Royce in l A. And he drove and I was like, did I really fly over here with Nelly?
Speaker 1: You took the Rose race? I mean, you know, come on, bro, how you doing since you're real happy in life? I'm amazing.
Speaker 2: I've been watching your interviews, you've been hinting towards another baby. Yeah, so you want another one.
Speaker 6: I definitely do.
Speaker 1: I love my son one. The other one is gonna be not as nice as this one.
Speaker 2: It's just telling you the truth. Why if one come like an ain'tel holy ship that him step Long Island. He's coming out like, yo, you know what I mean? Oh my god, I didn't know that this thing. You got the nice one? Yeah, rip you you changed same thing.
Speaker 1: What you think?
Speaker 2: It's a game, because when you got the baby of the the nicest one, you get the other one. I mean you know he might throw some building blocks at you and ship like that. You know you might get a girl.
Speaker 1: Now the women. Yeah, the girl's the hardest thing I know. I know, you know, you know it's crazy. Man. Now, I won't go there, mama butt shout out to your sister.
Speaker 2: But you know, my whole life, I watched as he and Lorena argue about from four to three years old outfits.
Speaker 1: I'm not wearing that.
Speaker 2: Stop my style.
Speaker 1: That ain't my swag.
Speaker 2: To this day, they'd be like, I'd be like, yo, you know your mom's got swagged. Like she's trying to help you. I don't care that this ain't mine.
Speaker 1: It's what I want. I'm not it's but that's what the girl gives you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want a girl though, bounce it out. I got my boy, you know, I want my la.
Speaker 1: You here a boy that we still we're still out there working. We may have we may have time. I think now you can get one more time.
Speaker 2: I'm not messing with God, but I think now you can get like the injection and picked if your baby wants.
Speaker 6: Blue eyes like this ship like a building man, baby like a car right now, like a building man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you some people that have a baby in the baby I've never even seen the girl pregnant. And then she got a baby. The baby got blue eyes. They yo, my baby's here. You're like, yo, what the like?
Speaker 1: Nobody got blue eyes in the family. They got shipped like that. But she says she wants another baby. We got minutes. She won't long as we as many nannies as we.
Speaker 2: Need, can't chase Tyler's at fifty. Man, that's rough, Joe. That's a workout, Joe. You work out every day though you no, not as much as I used to. I gotta get back in there. But I mean, I'm just saying she's learning now because he's.
Speaker 1: Active footagey'all seen a nephew, he got a lot of it. Yeah. He picking them up, putting them down in a minute too.
Speaker 2: He trying to walk and all of that. And he's getting closed. So and he's rough, very rough.
Speaker 1: He's rough, bro like he ain't scared of ship. That's you know what I'm saying. Like you can bring him up, throw them up there, laughing on the way down. Let me ask you a question, right, and you don't want to answer it. We don't answer it all. We throw it.
Speaker 2: I'm just gotta keep no, I gotta keep it real right or throw it out. You tell me throw it out?
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: When I see this stuff like seeing lunatics suing you and ship like that, Yeah, but how do you feel about that? I think for the most part, they had no no.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, no talking about family. Have no problem what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Family, No problem with answering with answering this. I think people were misinformed when we started the Lunatics.
Speaker 1: First of all, Murphy Lee was a.
Speaker 2: Year out of high school, bare miss stage my brother Kiwan, and then once we got the deal, City Spud went to jail, right, So me and the oldest one, we were the ones more engaged on the business side of things and how things were transpiring. I think everybody else was just happy to be there. So you know what it's like if you're in a group. You got some people that's going to the meetings, some people that's on the phone call, some people that are in those rooms when certain situations are being discussed and how they go, and you got other people that's nah, just leave that to y'all.
Speaker 1: Now, I just lead that to y'all. I lead that to y'all.
Speaker 2: So when the thing came up of how everything got broken down in the beginning.
Speaker 1: We had a fucked up deal in the beginning.
Speaker 2: So the way things got spread it out was that the oldest member of the group, the manager is his best friend, our business manager is his best friend, and our road manager is his best friend.
Speaker 1: So they negotiated everything.
Speaker 2: They put everything into perspectives and you see what I'm saying, and I'm trying to because they still got other things, but they were influencing the other one. So when the ones that did not know what happened found out what happened now you see us back on tour except for one because long story short, the truth just need to be told and people needed to find out not just why there it is, but how it is. And when you found out how it was, you understood, they understood you. I've never seen nobody keep it more real with their crew.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And I want you to know.
Speaker 2: If I'm sating in New York and I see this ship, it's like a sledgehammer hit me and bust my head open like a fucking watermelon.
Speaker 1: You know, they with you. They say you don't want to, but they say, you.
Speaker 2: Don't understand who you were with until you go through something negative. That was our first time ever going through anything.
Speaker 1: That wasn't positive.
Speaker 2: Because you know, we were very very fortunate, very very blessed that when we first came out, we were rocket shipping, you know what I'm saying. So when it got to a point to where, okay, now everybody needs to everybody's trying to pay attention to something they should have been paying attention to since day one. But here's the thing, bro Ever, since this group been informed, I've always had the most money from the time we came into this crew. I came into this crew with two cars, my own apartment, and everything else that was.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I've always paid my own way and other people's way to get through certain things. So I've never not paid attention to business. You know what I'm saying, Never not paid attention to business. Used to insist people pay attention to business. Used to ask people, you know what's going on? You know what these these you know? But like you said, when the money is coming in, nobody wants to say nothing. And then obviously they look up on the day that the money is not what they think it should be and then wonder why they don't have it like that. But we all go through trials, tribulations you know how mow times in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put that well, brother, No, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I know you can understand it, because I'm telling you you gotta reflect. I've been in this game thirty years. I've been around so many crews. We love the Locks because their brotherhood cannot be they they don't even know that. That's why they together like this. You know what I'm saying the Locks is I think their whole dynamic to me is that they never let nobody break them up.
Speaker 1: They together that I think that's what the streets love.
Speaker 2: So when I just evaluate the whole hip hop game and I've been around everybody, I never seen nobody keep it more real than you.
Speaker 1: And I love everybody, so I'm letting them. No I'm not, but I never see nobody take care of their crew more than you.
Speaker 2: So it was shocking to me, just you know, sitting back, you know, and sometimes you don't know you can have that effect on somebody else.
Speaker 1: But I was just like, you know what I'm saying. No, but I've always I've always the same, you know. You know that's your sister, you know, she's like, what the fuck do you.
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 1: Because she can read certain ship.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, And I said, he's the most generous person I've ever met. When it came to that, the family and that group and the percentages, and I was like, you've given.
Speaker 5: Out what.
Speaker 2: In beginning coming off tour. I come, we come off the Nelly tour, I split it down the middle. I take half and I give them a. So if we come off a tour with twenty million dollars, I take ten, the group get no, but they ten.
Speaker 1: And go home. I take my ten and I pay commissions, I pay everything else.
Speaker 2: Everybody else get to go take their money and go and go sideways, you know what I mean? Like, so you know, betrayal, man, You can't. You can't build the wall high enough that shit have jumped right onto the wall. That shit hurts you know what that might be.
Speaker 3: I think it's the only thing that might be closer similarly worse than death.
Speaker 2: It hurts you that much, Yeah, because it all it's always from somebody who trust that you love, that you trust at that time to show himself. You know what I'm saying. Because can't nobody you don't know or don't care about, hurt you like that. You know what I'm saying, because you either.
Speaker 1: It's always somebody you know.
Speaker 2: They say it's the ones closest to you, but it's always somebody you know that can really really hurt you. And then you be like, man, I'm just speaking about me now, you know, I'm just saying how many times I looked out for this person, how many times I gave them a chance, how many times people.
Speaker 1: Told me, yo, don't have them around you.
Speaker 2: How many times this and this and that, and then you still went all out and then they wind up doing the imagine fame believer. Everything happens for a reason to a certain degree, and and a lot of times what I tell you know, I talked to my.
Speaker 1: My nephew JT, Jason Tatum and shout out to JT. You know he had you know, but I was telling them, Yo, don't look at it like that. This is this is for something. But here's the tricky part. It's not always in what you think it is. It may not be for music.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, Like, what's happening to you here may may be needing you to look somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It may be time. Like I was talking to JT.
Speaker 2: I said, Yo, it may not be about basketball, I said, because you're him in basketball. It may be you need to spend this time with your son. It may be something you need to spend this time with mom. You may need to go back home and do something. It may not have nothing to do with basketball. So when something affects you that deep, take a full three sixty look at it, Take a full three sixty look at everything that's going on around you. Because just because that's what put the brakes on It don't mean that that's the problem. It just means that you needed to stop for something and you have to pay attention to what it is. But that's the only way you're gonna grow period. Now you can get mad, say fuck that, that motherfucker wrong, and keep going. But something else gonna happen. I'm telling you something else gonna happen because you never you never fixed it. You can put a band aid on the shit. You never fucking addressed it, you know what I mean, And not to bring it back full circle. But that's why I think me and her sitting here to this day, because it was always about a full circle. Look, it was never about you know, does this person bring more positivity than your life than negative? I don't give a fuck who they are, Joe, I don't give fuck who they all kissed. It could be your mama, your daddy, your auntie, your uncle, it could be your fucking kids. Does that person bring more positivity to your life than negative? And if it's not, then you need to get the fuck away from them. And so sometimes, like you said, family would be the first ones that'll do it to you. But your family should always bring more positivity than negatives shouldn't even be close. But if it is, then you know, God damn well anybody else around, man just stay.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, to be talking to some ship the boot on that motherfucker call. Guys know we love you, guys.
Speaker 3: Man, you know y'all promo the show you not to me? What's that you ain't get it onto this frewinded time? Man, Yeah, kiss cafe, no grades.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I don't want that for you. I'm not I don't want that for you. Listen, Tyson back, we got wet. Why look Philly three when you could be forty three, forty three thirty now, I don't want to tell you I never want against her and then him since got a glam squad? Did she tell you she like you with that great ship?
Speaker 1: She lying, bro, trying to keep you great wing? Got it? That's cool. I'm saying when you when I don't want to, I'm getting this one.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 1: Not got you. I'm not knocking, no knocking at all.
Speaker 2: We got Joe trying to force it, Joon, I'm holding even me a deal.
Speaker 1: I want to refuse.
Speaker 11: Say the time that ain't this, that ain't this, ain't got yes it's shay Nally to come.
Speaker 1: And n and Joe and show you I love you.
Speaker 5: The volume
Speaker 2: H