Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and we got Danny g and Sam on the clock and Spiel always happy. When Dan Patrick leaves it for us to fill in the Dan Patrick Patrick begins three shows in a row.
Speaker 3: Lucky you.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Cadino. That is Rich Davis, and we're live in the Fox Sports Radio studios from the mean streets of Los Angeles. What's up Danettes? Friday?
Speaker 3: Everybody, good morning, and you can watch the show.
Speaker 2: Watch what you hear at Coveno and Rich FSR on YouTube At Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube plus live interaction, live chat and action pack show. Speaking of the Danettes, Marvin stuttonby later talk to your forty nine ers, do a little NFL schedule watching, Maybe get to Scoop on DP.
Speaker 3: We'll dive into his life a little bit, gets him behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Patrick, Yeah, let's get the juice and Big Poppy bas spall three via. Big Poppy always stops by, does some trivia and giveaways. Oh yeah, broke Poppy stops by because baseball, Rich, even though you're a Mets guy, baseball is starting to heat up. I know you don't care, but I don't. But I don't know if you've noticed. Apparently Lindor and Soda or like bros.
Speaker 3: Now they're BFFs.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm saying twenty twenty seven guys, all right, Yeah, it's always next year and then you know it will happened, they'll click, they'll be awesome.
Speaker 3: Then baseballill be done well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of baseball, I hope you had a josh Joshua is it Joshua Joshua Bias Joshua Biaz sort of weekend. I mean, that's what you love about sports. You always see something you've never seen before.
Speaker 3: A monster, first one came on a first pitch, dude, first pitch?
Speaker 2: Bomb? Does it two more times? We'll talk about that and more. But what a weekend for him? Rest in peace, Tommy John and Hayden Panaitiera. That's so said six years old. Yeah, really really sad. So anyway, not to be a morning show, geez pun intended. Yeah, we'll rock on the eye. Let's let's let's talk of NFL right out the gate. In fact, NFL do we want to talk that much? And I say that because what gate? Stephen Dorf Skate Yeah, the Stephen Dorf skate is he there? The greats are open NFL preseason. You and I were talking about this before the show with Danny. Danny, the whole theory that we know too much is really the whole crux of this conversation. We know too much. You've gone too far back in the day when we were younger, when you were a young little boy, when you were Dith, a little boy. It's funny Mike Tyson always says that a Dith little boy when you were now this little boy cuts the motto, show me laugh of love.
Speaker 3: But you were just a little boy, like Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really didn't hear much about the preseason other than on Danny.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little report here there.
Speaker 4: Like Yeah, I found this over the weekend. Somebody wrote, training camp used to mean you'd hear a couple of reports. Now every throw is filmed, every interception goes viral, every sideline interaction becomes body language analysis. Every rookie is either a future Hall of Famer or a bust. After eight preseason passes, and this was in response to ESPN publishing risers and Foller followers after one preseason game, one.
Speaker 2: Preseason game and fallers, all these assessments. It is too much and it has gone too far. As you said, Rich, there's no thing to you, no doubt about it. You know, maybe back in the day Scoops Callahan would have an update for you on the new rookie QB. And now it's like what the dude's routine is, what he eats for breakfast?
Speaker 3: You know, is he gonna make it or not. It's like, Yo, we don't even notice kid yet.
Speaker 2: He's taken five snaps and we're already saying he's a bust faller. He's definitely a faller faller. So I don't think there's any question. But you know, we're to blame. It's what the public wants. But you know what, Yeah, I was gonna say, it's like, welcome to the world of social media, where everyone's up, everyone's ass wants to know every little thing. For instance, even that little that's really register the culture we live. I mean, whether it was little or not. I know, he posted a funny memehle with a weekend Max Crosby and Kirk Cousins. That little dust up in practice, we would never have known about even five ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably would have heard about it, but it would the actional news for a forty eight hour cycle.
Speaker 2: It's the evolution of the game, it's the evolution of our culture. It's the evolution of social media and the information we want. We also have to keep in mind, though, that a lot of the stuff is rumor based. You know, it's not necessarily accurate. You got a bunch of Jabbroni's on there who think they're reporters and they're not.
Speaker 3: They're just reporting from their bedrooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, So we got to take that information for what it is. But there's no question that it's way, way too much. I think social media is to blame for that, to be honest. You know, and we've seen the evolution, like I said, of the game meeting, think of what the draft used to be and what it is now. So re enforce preseason is a much bigger thing. And and just the culture of it just in general sports has given you Also, Uh, we're nosy. I mean that's yeah, you know what you want to know more. We want to know as much as possible. We all want to be Mark Anthony. Everyone thinks, you know, meaning I need to know good two thousands music, right, like I need to know you're rich. Davis, the host of Pop two K, would appreciate that. Yeah, we'll get that. No, but we were just super nosy.
Speaker 3: Please don't ever do that again.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, daddy, how many you know how many times do menicuse their wives or girlfriends of like, oh, you're employeed gossipy stuff. We know what we as men love it, but we just disguise it as like mini camps and and pre seasons and something that like you got you got your eat of the streets trying to figure out, Daddy, like what's happening at Raiders camp. That's just as that's as gossipy as it gets. You're trying to figure out if you want the inside scoops for your bets that you making and everything else. You need to know these things. You need to know what's going on. You immerse yourself into the culture, into that world. You know for the next six months, your your life is football. So as much information as you can get, you're gonna take it. So to answer Danny's question, have we gone too far? And do we know too much? I'll say it again, I don't think there's any doubt. I don't know if it's good for the game, I guess it is, right. No one's uh, no, one's really complaining about it. I mean, people dive into football, but I bet your wife would have something to say about it. I have a question, is it one of Is preseason football one of those things where if something goes really good you could take you could take like a nice positive away, but if something bad happens other than an injury, you could just chalk it up to, like, relax, it's the preseason. Like like in Major League Baseball spring training. If some guys looking sharp, you could be like, oh, he's ready for the year. But if he goes, you know, for sixteen over a week over a weekend, you could be like, that's it's, you know, spring training. Can you chalk it up to that? Or are we taking these things too? So you gotta take the good with the bad, of the bad with the good. I'm gonna live my life like I should. You just got to take it like social media. You can't just read all the good comments or all you can't do all in the band comments, right, you gotta take it for what it is, and it doesn't mean a whole lot until the season begins.
Speaker 3: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: You could make some sort of assessment and feel positive about things.
Speaker 3: You could take things as confidence.
Speaker 2: Builders, because that's all it really is, right, Nothing really matters until the season starts. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: If you're going to say that it's just fun.
Speaker 2: I think people need distractions, And I say, if you really want to get to the core of it, we need distractions, and football provides us with That's a fantastic one. It's really the core of why we just need so much more and why we're so invested. It's like, all right, I could tune out of whatever's going on in your life, or you're boring baseball season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie dive into this. I watched the Giants over the weekend. I watched the Browns, so I had preseason football on in the background.
Speaker 2: It's something to have something to be excited about life. Not to get too deep. This early in the morning. It's early here on the West Coast. Life gets let me lay down on the couch. Life gets mundane. Man, it's hell me wind.
Speaker 3: You know, we know what.
Speaker 2: The weekend's over. It's Monday morning again. If you could just zone out and have the sound even the sound d energy like you said of football in the background. It's comforting, comfort food. That's like pizza on your on your Monday. You know, that's that's just maybe you know, something to distract yourself with now really as part of it, so we'll take as.
Speaker 3: Much as we can get.
Speaker 2: But as a result you want you do wander down the project product like enough, man, what does it really mean?
Speaker 3: If you could just keep in.
Speaker 2: Mind that not a whole lot, It doesn't mean a whole lot, It just is what it is, then you're good. You can't overthink and over evaluate these things you put you put, you put any stock into something like all the rookie quarterbacks passer ratings have been phenomenal. That because again we last week we said who are they playing against? But yet they look and being positive. Right, is that NFL is in good hands moving forward and.
Speaker 4: It's it's nice to see because if it was reversed all all the young quarterback stunk in Week one, then we'd all be scratching our heads like, oh, maybe these qbs aren't as good as we thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that goes back to what Rich was saying before, like what does it all mean? I mean, it's it's better to do good than bad always, there's no question about that. Right of course, you rather so good confidence builders, You rather be in a good position than not. But if you're gonna make mistakes, that's the thing, DANNYJ. Now's the time to do it where it was just a mistake. It's just preseason. Now it's over magnified as to like doom and gloom all the end of the seasons here.
Speaker 4: Well and Rich mentioned injuries. You want to over magnify things, you know. Mike Laflora now getting some heat over the weekend because it seems like he played Jeremiah Love the third pick overall a little too much against My Raiders. And high ankle sprain, yeah, dreaded at first. They Cardinals acted like it wasn't a big injury. He's gonna miss all the preseason and hopefully back for Game one. But that's kind of up in the air right now, because you know how high ankle Sprain's go, dude.
Speaker 2: High ankle sprain has been the injury for the last few sitisens. We we talked about our show because.
Speaker 3: It's the most vague injury there.
Speaker 2: Is, because one guy kind have a high ankle spraying and I'll leave him back in a week or so. And a high ankle spray could keep someone else out first, Like it's alagging, nag. There's something very didn't Stu Gotts take off last week for a high.
Speaker 3: Everybody an excuse nowadays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the other thing, turf Tow pushing your young stars now. Fritzy had a speaking of our resident Raiders fan. As high as everyone was on Fernando Mendoza's debut. I think he's fourth in QB rating through the first game, right, Yeah, he's fourth. Well, don't worry, ka, No, I saw a meme that said the NFL future is in good hands and it's Ty Simpson, Fernando, Carson Back, and Drew Aler and it's just because they've had a good first look. And like again, yeah it was Drew Dollar at first.
Speaker 5: Uh, and Ty.
Speaker 3: Simpson really came out balling for the Rams.
Speaker 2: Carson back when you want to twenty five pretty solid, I will then Ti Simpson, then Fernando. But yeah, each guy put up big numbers in their preseason debut, so.
Speaker 3: You know, props to all of them. It's better than doing bad.
Speaker 2: There's no question about it, But is it too much as the I guess would Crooks of the the what did you call it that I said, Crooks did the crux of the I just rolled. But you know what, I'll I'll say this if you want to sort of look at the whole NFL preseason, because we're all pumped about it. It's got us fired up just because the return of football, like it's there, it's on. You want to watch it like you're you're scrolling and you're like even if it was I watched the replay of a game on NFL Network yesterday, like you're watching you just you just want to get a taste of the NFL again. But here's the question. This does a it's twofold because you were saying, Jeremiah Love has now heard high ankle sprain.
Speaker 4: The last thing Art got wrecked immediately again the Giants game, it seemed like Burrow was in too long in his game and he was, you know, taking some hits.
Speaker 2: But what what's too long? And it's that isn't it really just the adage of like if it goes wrong, then he was in too long and if everything's fine, it's like it was the right amount Tom Brady commented on this see if it's still on his Instagram story. I saw Brady was saying, how because someone had posted someone had posted a highlight of does I got right here?
Speaker 3: Look at me?
Speaker 5: Run?
Speaker 3: You actually found it? I did right a right? That never happens.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to try to find a photo for somebody to see when you need it or YouTube video. You got to see this clip and it just keep the kids. Me and the family were recently in San Diego. Let me show you the picture. The fact that you found that and we're in for DP right now is a is a mirror in record time. People need to understand the miracle that just happened. Rich didn't have this, Like the fact that he found this is incredible. What did Tom Brady say? Someone posts going to be underwhelming after all that? Damn you guys, I know, but you can never find something when you're looking for it.
Speaker 3: Here's what I found, fellas No.
Speaker 2: Someone posted a highlight Tom Brady to Randy Moss and it was like it's like like an eighty yard pass and it said preseason twenty ten, and all the comments were like, wait, does that say third quarter? Five minutes left? In a preseason game, what's going on? And Tom Brady did a screenshot and he goes preseason, regular season. I never wanted to be taken off the field. Practice makes perfect. Too many people looking for the easy way out these days. When you're a football player and it's football season, your job is to play football. Then he posted the emoji that they're like the smiley face doing like the like the huff, like the smoke's coming out of the nose. Still the big moment and perfect practice makes perfect? Right, isn't that what they say?
Speaker 3: Who said that? Kurt Haddick, Kurt Hennicks.
Speaker 2: It's perfect because you could just show up and have sloppy routes.
Speaker 3: You gotta do your best. Perfect practice makes perfect?
Speaker 2: As the expression the do you feel as though there were some teams like remember historically I know he's uh well, I mean that was with the Giants, cause I remember harb Off of the Ravens. Every year. The whole sentiment was he played his starters a lot in the preseason.
Speaker 3: That was the thing, Like, yeah, people would win bets.
Speaker 2: They would be like it would almost be like honestly like easy money for some because the Ravens wouldn't really often lose preseason games because he would have his he would have his starters in there for a little bit.
Speaker 3: I've seen some.
Speaker 2: Teams and you've seen their starters take some reps, and then other teams there was not a glimpse of a starter. I mean, I know they I know my team. I'm a Niners guy. I know they start in Australia and they're banged up, and they're a veteran team. So maybe they're the type of team that doesn't touch the field. But you think you're gonna get a sniff of McCaffrey or Kittle or Purdy or any of those guys in the preseason. No, I'm not sure that a lot of those guys are also injury prone. And I think the core of what we're really getting at is people really enjoy the football season, so they'll take as much of it as they can. People like distractions. People are bored. I think social media brings down the mood and vibe. I think of your life and soul. So when football comes, this little taste of the old school stuff he used to love. Even my girlfriend belongs to get this, this is wild. She belongs to a social club just to get out, but it's football related. The Chargers welcome like a social club is trying to get away from you nobody. Yes, yes, that's what you join when you're with him. Yes, he's gotta get out. Nobody's at social club, just at the Chargers facilities. So you get to socialize, meet people. They hold little mini events while you're watching camp and everything while you're watching training. But because people just want to get out and connect again, because you feel empty inside, and football fills that void a little bit. It's the truth. I'm not exaggerating, dude. How many people do you know that just empty because social media and the and the everyday grind like just destroys their soul. Fills you back up with wings, hot wings and joy and happiness. Interestingly enough, I was going to compare football fans you know when you're like you know, when you're a college kid, and to be honest, not sound immature, but you remember your college days. Maybe you're just so anxious, like drink or do dumb things like you would drink Natty Ice into the record. That wasn't a kechstand kind of guy. I'm not a beer helmet dude like you.
Speaker 6: You are you?
Speaker 2: Are you a sideline chug of beer? If the cameras on you, could you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You got to step up when it counts. Yeah, Rich, we didn't experiment like you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't. I didn't find myself in college. Hold on what that means? No, but let me tell you I I just think the same way. Did you take a year off just to backpack and not find yourself? I did not do that. I think Rich backpacked Europe.
Speaker 3: I uh oh god.
Speaker 2: When people would say they're like, who are you? No, but the same way you would be like, I'll drink anything. What do you got, Natty Ice? You know what do you got to Milwaukee's best? You would you'd be drinking Bartles and James whatever you could get your Goldschager. Sure you were just trying so desperately to get drunk like an idiot. I feel like we are football is the booze and we are the college cat. Is true because you would just take anything. That's that's a great anality. You'll take anything, because you'll take any preseason matchup, doesn't matter who it is. And that's the difference between football and any other sport you'll watch any game. If it could be Brown's, give me two bunk teams. As I offend two fan bases immediately, I'll leave it.
Speaker 3: Brown's Cardinals, yeah, give me Last week.
Speaker 4: If you missed it, Rich predicted the Cardinals were only going to win two games.
Speaker 2: I I backed Danny.
Speaker 3: I take it back. I think one game, lucky, Yeah, one game because.
Speaker 2: Jeremiah loves high ankles, right, I would go and break it down one and sixteen. If you missed it, we came in high on Carson back and how poised he looked, and how pos he'd looked, like a bona fide starter. We were drinking the cool one and sixteen and Rich went through the schedule and they're like, yeah, right, he's gonna go one in sixteen, but possible. But you, like, I think the same way you would watch a Brown's Cardinals game with enthusiasm, you would you would never be like, you know what I'm watching, guys, consume a yega bomb. Ye, But yeah, you would never be like, guys, guess what I'm watching tonight? The Rockies are playing the type.
Speaker 3: Part of it is.
Speaker 4: Part of it is the national coverage, just like from the Dan Patrick Show and the Covino and Rich show, because think about it, we know all the storylines of the Browns, we know all the storylines of the Cardinals. Right now, Baseball, for instance, it's so regional.
Speaker 2: Now, it's just your team, you know. Like Rich always says, I'm the biggest baseball fan. He knows I'm like, no, I'm the biggest Yankees fan because I don't know what's going on in the NL West, you know what I mean, He's right. For some reason, you could be Danny. Danny's a Raiders fan, but Danny's well in the loop on like the NFC South. Exactly. You're a Dodgers fan, You're a baseball guy, Daddy, but you probably don't know the inner workings what's.
Speaker 3: Going on the AL Central right now.
Speaker 4: I could tell you what's going on with the Falcons quarterback situation, but you're right, I couldn't tell you about baseball.
Speaker 3: That part of the country.
Speaker 2: I think that unless you really prepared and did a deeper dive. I don't think the average, even super sports fan could tell you the starting lineup of a team in a random divisionality. So just like a college kid will consume anything in front of him, is that after shock, give me somebody.
Speaker 3: What you got.
Speaker 2: I remember it was a freshman. I was a freshman in Syracuse, and I remember waking up drunk in a shower ones because I thought it was a good idea to drink tequila out of a plastic jug.
Speaker 3: I was like, this must be a good brand.
Speaker 2: Like you were when you were in college, the way you'll consume any football. You were so desperate for anything, right, A little sip of anything, like a guy, a single guy, for an app on the first time swiping, like anything.
Speaker 3: We'll do anything.
Speaker 2: That's how we zoom, especially third stream your baseball teams out of it third string players and the Saints versus the uh you know, the Dolphins got it and I want to explain to how we got here. Obviously everyone talking about NFL preseason and it is fun to watch. But all the hype on the rookie quarterbacks in their preseason debut, all the Fernando Mendoza talk, the injury of Jeremiah Love, how the conversation is this NonStop?
Speaker 3: Turn on any television. Scroll through your X feed. Risers and Fallers after Week one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Risers and Fallers. Too much coverage of training camp? Was it better in the old school, when you really didn't know what was going on. You had some what of an idea, but you weren't diving into it the way. Oh we didn't even mentioned hard Knocks and quarterback or anything like that. That also gets us now we know the now we know the personal lives of these stars on it. You know, I blame Lev Schreiber, you know, he just gets us so fired up. But Tuesday Night's Hard Knocks, Yeah, you know, that just also gets you in the mindset where you.
Speaker 3: Want more, You want more mar Marvel. So is it too much?
Speaker 4: Does it comeerate you making coffee at your house in the morning.
Speaker 3: And I have to watch?
Speaker 2: Dude? Can we make that happen? You're the producer of our show, Danny g reach out, come on, we'd for DP Danny grebbed dark close. Yeah, I think that would be so cool. I would listen to that. So, you know, is it too much? Absolutely? Is anyone complaining? I don't think so let's just embrace it.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: This is Rob Parker and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: Asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show, no mo. The host are two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 2: No way, no how, all right, Covino and Rich and for the great Dan Patrick doing a life in the Fox Sports Radio studio.
Speaker 3: If you've ever wiped with a piece.
Speaker 2: Of dry toilet paper and wondered, is this as good as it gets? It's not. H switched to life changing Wet extra large flushable Dude Wipes because Wetter just cleans better. Available at Amazon and all major retailers nationwide. Dude Wipes best clean pants down. I'm Rich Davis. That is Steve Cavino. I was Sam's here, and Danny G's here in for DP. You got to turn your mic on if you're going to talk. Bro, I was in saying preshly dude wiped. Oh sorry, is that where you work? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Make sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I was just you know, putting it to practice, you know what. Speaking of Let's welcome as we're in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: Good guy.
Speaker 2: From the Dan Patrick Show, one of the Dan Nets. Our dude, Marvin. What's up Marvin?
Speaker 5: What's going on? Guys?
Speaker 3: Hey Marvin, dude, we're welcoming you to your own show. How's that?
Speaker 8: I'm a little weird that I'm I'm at home, feed my dog and feed my son and like, oh, you know what, I guess I'll go into work today.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, it's great to see dude.
Speaker 5: Man saying here, same here? What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: So you and I are both Niners fans, and I know I need I need some backing up on this because I'm accused often of totally playing the role of Homer when it comes to the Niners. Am I terribly optimistic? Or do you also feel like the window is not closed yet?
Speaker 5: Oh? I'm Homer Simpson. I'm with you.
Speaker 8: I don't Yeah, I don't think it's I don't think it's closed only because of what the Niners did last year with all of the injuries and we still won what eleven twelve games. We ended up losing to the eventual Super Bowl champion, obviously, the Seahawks that are in the same division as the forty nine ers. So like, I'm not gonna put my money down that they'll go to the super Bowl or anything, but it would have shocked me if they made another playoff run, just only because of the job that Shanahan did with these guys last year.
Speaker 2: And think of all the pieces the Niners are missing last year, and they went into the final week of the season. Had they had beaten the Seahawks in the final week, they'd have been the one seed.
Speaker 3: And now everyone's healthy for now.
Speaker 2: And you got that Stribling guy you keep talking about, Mike Evans, like, just keeps talking about Stribling. Are you high on him too, Marvin, huh Stribbling? You high on this guy?
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, I said, han just to make sure we change the subject.
Speaker 5: I'm not highing like that.
Speaker 8: But you know, if he turns out to be a real player, it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not like super high on him though not.
Speaker 2: So we do something, Marvin. We do something called schedule watching. I think let's just zip through the forty nine ers schedule. Hit it's sam, let's go. Rich loves to look at the schedule, game schedule, watch it.
Speaker 3: I go through every game and we decide we got it affair.
Speaker 2: Though, I feel like Marvin's gonna be realistic when it comes to this, which is good because Rich is crazy about US forty nine ers. We've we've done this with a few teams so far, and what do we come up with that? I think the I think the Cardinals might win a game a game, a game, yeah, but they're me I projected to win about four I think.
Speaker 3: I think they're bad.
Speaker 2: There's bad, there's and I think maybe up to seven games hurt. It's not going to be better than we think. All right, So this first game in Australia do we do hate it? I hate it too, but I'm i'm I think I'm realistic and saying I'm okay giving them an l However, do you know the forty nine Ers and Rams have a completely different approach to this game as far as travel, did you see this where the Niners are going to be there for a little while, where the Rams are like going in, they're playing and they're going home. So I'll still give them.
Speaker 8: An L.
Speaker 2: But I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they start off oh and one? Right, we all agree? O.
Speaker 8: Wait, can I ask the question now? Is this a home game for the Niners or.
Speaker 2: You know it has the Rams listed as a home as a home game, so you could argue that maybe down the line, this is a little split, a little split sky little uh, you know, Niners with the next one, then Game two against the Dolphins, w W one and one, one and one Cardinals. Okay, please big dub, big dub. Now we're looking at two and one Broncos at the Niners. Ooh, two and two? I mean asked a good one at the Niners though, I'll give it to you, yeah, I will. I don't know what you guys think of crazy to say everybody's healthy?
Speaker 3: You got that.
Speaker 2: We we joke about no one knows anything at this point of the season. We all pretend, but I don't know healthy. Three to one, I'm giving a two three one three one at the Seahawks. Will we say, well, we'll take an out there maybe, or no, we'll take it taken out three and two, Commanders four and two, yep, Falcons five and two, yep.
Speaker 3: Raiders, see you two Cowboys. Oh, that's a battle in the Bay.
Speaker 2: Cowboys seven and two. Yeah, Vikings eight and two. Oh, we're the game there San Francisco. Oh, w eight and two and now Seahawks. We gave them the first, so we get to take the second. Oh, yes, so so nine and two. Oh, we're the greatest team ever. Come on, Giants? Yeah, right, too many question marks with the Giants. Wait a minute, did you give the Rams the first one? Because if you give the forty nine is the second one? Eleven and two? You know you're not factoring in here though. There's always that surprise right like it could be Raiders. That totally surprising because you've took your.
Speaker 3: Foot off the pedal that week. No surprise. Okay, so what is it? We're eleven and two, eleven and.
Speaker 2: Two Chargers and then the Chiefs one of us split.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think we won.
Speaker 5: We split those.
Speaker 8: Okay, we don't. We don't win both of those. Those are two good teams right.
Speaker 3: There, and back to back. That's tough. Twelve and three.
Speaker 5: Yep mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Eagles another tough one.
Speaker 5: I give the Eagles that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then and then Cardinals, Oh, come on thirteen and Marvin, thirteen and four, thirteen and four. Big Dreaming are realistic?
Speaker 3: Big Dreaming?
Speaker 2: Come on? You forgot? Yeah it's Richie totally forgot injuries and like this is all lot apply again. Maybe a surprise win for somebody else, but they're gonna be decent. The schedule gets tougher though, as the season goes on. You got to start off strong here to really lock it in. I forgot how how tough it got at the end, Marvin your thoughts.
Speaker 8: There's one game that would scare me, and that's the Falcons. The Falcons last year, to me, were the most frustrating team in football because of all of the weapons that they had and they had nothing to show for it. So, and it's in Atlanta because I'm trying to go to that game after a night at Magic City.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah, let's talk about that. Magic said, let me tell you about Magic City. I want to hear about you and DP Magic City. No, but bringing Dan to Magic City, well, we're gonna talk about that. In a second. But you know, back to your falcons, I mean the quarterback situations, the will sketchy there. Even if they lose that game, twelve and five, forty nine Ers are set up for a pretty nice season. And if all goes according to Rich's schedule, watching plan and health is a factor obviously. I mean, if you if you bring Dan to Magic City, yeah, he has to make an announcement welcome to the cheek show. Yeah, you know, I've seen Rich in action at Magic City, of course. You know I'm eating wings is what I saw? Is that really your plan? Though, Marvin, You're gonna be out there for that.
Speaker 8: I'm trying right now. I'm trying to just see if I can get myself down there. I mean, I can't get down there, and then I just want to make sure I'm back in Connecticut for Monday morning for the show.
Speaker 3: It's tough to do with those shows, right, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Marvin those Magic City and he's there with his kids and his and his family and everything, and he's in close practice. Yeah he's not getting You're not getting mean mugged by wifey in Vicinity or no.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, Because the funny thing is I'm not a real patron of those type of establishments. Magic City is the one. And we did celebrity family feud down in Atlanta. Yeah, and my wife was like, well you have to.
Speaker 2: Go, dude.
Speaker 5: You don't go anywhere else, you don't do anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, And of course the wings are the real deal. That's not just the story bout the way. We have a Magic City story Marvin where Coveno was being like lame as usual, like, so we we are down there doing a listener event, and of course some listeners like, yo, we got to bring you guys to Magic City. Cavino goes, I'm gonna stay in the car. I was spent, dude, I was beat.
Speaker 3: I really was. There was a little mix of everything.
Speaker 5: So only spent. The only spent you're trying to do is spend the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, said so Cavino is doing this whole bro, I'm tard. So he is like, I'm gonna stay in the car. We start, we start walking, We start walking up to Magic City. We start walking up to the establishment. All of a sudden, our car alarm starts going off, and I'm like, what the hell's going on? We're making a scene because all a sudden there's a car making all this hell of a noise in the parking lot. We go back, like, can you know what happened? This alarm keeps going up. It's interpreting Cavino as a child. We left in the backseat, and meanwhile I'm in the car trying to see people looking at me, knocking on the windows. Embarrassing. Dude, Let me ask, you said I didn't go in. You said the celebrity family feud? You guys did? What was that experience?
Speaker 8: Like, by the way, it was crazy, just only because you know, we do a TV show every single day, but when we were on the set, everyone got nervous, Like even even Dan got nervous, and like, man, I can't even believe, like we're here, so I consider us the dan X almost like you know, you guys watch the show Entourage, you guys see Yeah, like Dan is Vinnie Chase and we're Turtle and Drama and he and those guys. Yeah, like look wherever he goes, we're sure to follow.
Speaker 5: And just being on stage and like, man, Steve.
Speaker 2: Harvey's right there, what's his mustache? As glorious as I remember.
Speaker 5: More even more so in person.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was beautiful, unbelievable experience. And I'm glad they shot the Rich eysend and those guys, but man, I'm happy we won.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, did you uh? Was it instinctual that you have to say good answer, good answer? Because that like, do you feel like when you're there, you just you have to say good answer, good answer.
Speaker 8: No, because at the damn Package Show, we don't encourage one another.
Speaker 2: Goodrue good That's true. That Yeah, you guys, you got I know you guys are quick to uh, you know, not encourage each other's takes on something.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That is a wild story though, a guy that's on TV every day. You're nervous to be in that moment. And Rich and I have been on a few game shows before, and I know the feeling. It's like you stop, you stop being able to think in that moment. The lights are just extra bright, You're put under pressure. It's so awkward.
Speaker 3: And any got Steve.
Speaker 2: Harvey there, that's got to be wild, dude, that's got to be nerve wracking, nerve wracking. Hey, we wanted to ask you this since we got Marvin here from the Dan Patrick Show and the Dan Nets, not only on the Dan Patrick Show. On the Dan Patrick Show, this is kind of wild. What's your like your day to day when it comes to like your prep and things like that. What's what's that like? Do you guys have like a text chain? How do you guys communicate? Do you guys all meet at the man kid like? When what's your what's your day to day like with the boys.
Speaker 8: So normally it usually starts like the day before. It's like if there's a big game on, we have a group chat and so it's it's Dan the Dan Nets in Uh Maria, you guys met Mario are our director, and you know, we usually have a text chain of anything that went on the previous night, and then the next morning we all meet up, probably like an hour before the show and kind of do a rundown of what we'll talk about. And the beauty about radio is and you guys know this firsthand whatever comes to our heads. And you know, we're big on doing like a left turn. Yeah, so if we could talk about being going to the movies and seeing the Odyssey, that might be a segment.
Speaker 5: And a lot of times a.
Speaker 8: Lot of people consume our show for the non sports stuff.
Speaker 2: The left turn. So I agree, that's that's why we love filling in for you because we feel like your audience gets what we do too.
Speaker 3: Because that's why we only get minimal.
Speaker 2: Hate when we're filling in for Dan Patrick, because that's what we're good at. No, I was gonna say, who on the group chat is a little too texting? Who's who on the on the Dan at group chat? Maybe one too many texts here and there, fritzy, fritzy. Hey, here's another question, rich And I wonder about this a lot. When you're a big dog like Dan Patrick, right, and the rest of the crew has to take all those HR course tests for iHeart or whatever. Right, you always have to take those human resource tests? Who does it the way? I have a trick. Here's the trick, right, The lamest answer is always the answer. You don't have to pay any attention. It's always the lamest answer, and that's the one correct. So when you're taking all these human resource tests, does Dan actually do it? Because sometimes you got to sit through these miserable courses we had to doe this week, and I'm like, there's no way like Dan or Collins doing these tests. I don't I don't believe Dan and Colin are doing these things for sure.
Speaker 8: Well, well, I say, first off, a Scott Shapiro, I pay the most attention to all of my testing.
Speaker 3: That's funny, but so so, I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: If Dan does it or not, but I know the DNA's and everybody in the building has to.
Speaker 5: That's a really good question.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always assume like he's like Fritz, you just keep pressing next, just keep pressing next. No, honestly, I think you get to a stage where he's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: They'll send them the emails and they do their part of like yo, we sent them the reminders. He doesn't.
Speaker 3: And that's the end of the story. That's my gut, and that's only a guess. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you this. He would never have Fritzy take anything for him.
Speaker 2: That's not the way to go, right.
Speaker 8: Paulie would be the one if anybody were to do his training and all that, you know.
Speaker 5: For iHeart and hr, Paulie would be the one to do it.
Speaker 2: We got Marvin Fere from The Dan Patrick Show, Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. We love partying with Marvin is great to see him and Marvin's I will say, of all of all the Dan Adds and Edward part of the Dan Patrick crew, Marvin, I feel like every time we're at a big event, you're the guy we love to hang with the most. I think maybe you're the only guy that wants to hang with us. So maybe maybe we might have to meet you in the Magic soon. One last question though, before you go, because we're going to talk about it later on if we have time. Magic Johnson says not to boo Lebron James when he returns returned, and so I just want to know your thoughts on that, cause I know you guys talk a lot about Lebron and the Lakers and stuff like that. So your thoughts. Should there be restrictions on booing Lebron?
Speaker 8: No, I mean, they can boo him if they want, but they'll just be ungrateful because people always forget this, think about what the Lakers were before Lebron James got there exactly.
Speaker 5: And I always say this. I was like, man and I love Kobe.
Speaker 8: I said, people think about the sixty point game, his last game against Utah that was the Lakers' fifteenth win of the regular season.
Speaker 5: That was their final game. I was like, no, no, no, I said.
Speaker 8: He came in here, he traded away the young Bucks and you got Anthony Davis. How they didn't keep that twenty twenty team together is beyond me. But I digress. I was like, look, and people, oh, my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well you're let's say, you're there, Marvin. You are you giving him exact thing I think, respectful? Yes, yeah, all right, yes, all right, maybe we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 8: Sorry, And I'm and I'm gonna keep going because I'm on my show, go on, go on. So my thing about the bubble in twenty twenty is the Lakers had the best record in basketball when COVID happened. People forget, let's not so, let's not act like they were the eight seed. And then it's like, oh, we've had four months off and now we're in the bubble and now all of a sudden, you know, we go on this roun. No, no, no, they were already really good, and they were already really loaded, and they were poised to win. And on top of this, the Clippers that season. My big issue with the Clippers was they were trying to win Los Angeles, the Lakers were trying to win the NBA title. Agreed with the whole, with the whole, La r way man win the NBA title.
Speaker 2: What do you mean when La, I'm with you. I'm with you, I was, I was give that. I always give that Bubble Championship. Maybe even a little more credit where people don't want to give your credit exactly. I agree, Well we we want Yeah, Danny say, we have a heart out.
Speaker 3: So we got to go.
Speaker 2: Marvin. You know this year you're you're the guy. Thank you, buddy, Hey Marvin, we love you. Thanks, thanks for giving us time. Man, Yes, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: On his show, Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: They asked us if we wanted to fill in for Dan Patrick, and I said, what where the Joshua bias of radio shows? I don't want to do one show, not even two shows, three shows? Going to stay one of the Dan Patrick Patrick rookie. No, no, no, no, I'm saying I'm going for three. Looking look at all our feedback, we have that conversation earlier about is it okay to let someone bar your baseball glove?
Speaker 3: Is it really intimate? Uh?
Speaker 2: Guy, I know you want to you want to use one to borrow my bedtime pillow While you're at it. Dan Milillo hit us up out here in Los Angeles and goes, you're one hundred percent correct about the baseball glove. If someone asks you that.
Speaker 3: I would say no, like it's a very I say beat it very like scramble limit. It's a cringey thing to bring your own? What are you a schoolboy?
Speaker 2: You forgot? Anyway, lots of fun today on the DP Show, and again tomorrow we got Drew Brees, Frank Kelly Endo. It's gonna be a really fun Tuesday show. I'm hearing some other big names, but I don't I don't want to overpromise. Hey, speaking of over promise, that's our bonus podcast. So if you like our show, well a few things. We have a Patreon Monday through Thursday. It's uncensored. Rich gets crazy on the Patreon you're listing off too much, I know, right, Patreon dot com slash Covino and Rich and over promises right here on our Fox Sports radio feed. It's a little hybrid of our Patreon and Fox Sports and it's uncensored. Over promised with CNR episode one fifty one. But right now we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. After the show, the podcast goes up. Every day, Danny g puts our best of up. We have a best of the week. It's all there. Search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and read it. Five Stars, all the hottest rookies, the biggest stars, and all the greats. One place to collect them all. Pennine Trading Cards the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show for instant classics, autograph cards, memorability cards, rare inserts, and more. Start or continue that collection right now at Pennine America dot net. But it's time right now to give away some prizes. Let's do some big poppy trivia.
Speaker 1: Iron Mike Show Time, My homes Shack Dze meets your baseball counterpart.
Speaker 2: It's big Bumpy Corino in ith. I love you guys, especially a comno guys. The other guy behead too big.
Speaker 1: It's time for big poppy baseball trivia radio game, firing some MLB trivia at you.
Speaker 2: It's ring hard in case, I hate it big Poppy for big process. You play game, you call it big Poppy. Baseball trivia, the Baseball Trebi.
Speaker 4: Let's hope all right, our FSR security walking broke Poppy into the main studio.
Speaker 2: Poppy Hoppy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, usually you're on the afternoon drive show with us. Thank you for waking up and coming in.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's my bet Hey, Donny g great to see you man.
Speaker 1: You go with me?
Speaker 2: Heypy Hey same, Hey my dog?
Speaker 6: Hey, pee wee my dog. Hey, you look like you look like Kevin Burkhard.
Speaker 2: Hey, this guy witch looked like gosh, he looked like Woody from a toy story. Thanks, Poppy, Yeah, Woody from a toy story. Hey, where's Dan Patrick?
Speaker 6: They say, Hey, be Poppy, wake up early, you see Dann Patrick.
Speaker 2: Where's Dan Patrick? He's not here. That's Betty disappointing, all right, that's what the audience. He's Betty happy to be he all right, let's meet the Poppy. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Three time winner Rich Davis right over there.
Speaker 2: What up? Hey, peewee, you go with me, mat.
Speaker 5: And you show me.
Speaker 4: Usually our update anchor Dan Bayer plays with us, but he's not here. Mikey one of our editors's.
Speaker 2: What's a bike games? Look to see you man.
Speaker 5: We know Mike.
Speaker 3: We know Michael is a good dude because he's a Raiders fan. Oh that makes automatic automatically. No, no, no, you don't go with me.
Speaker 2: You're not go with me? All right?
Speaker 4: Looking to win our ceeing our summer prize pack on the studio lines, including that grilling Apron Jordan in Northern Michigan, myself first through.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jordan's Hey, how's going love the show?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jordan? What do you do for a living there in Michigan?
Speaker 2: I'm a building?
Speaker 4: Nice cool all right. Here are the rules for Big Poppy Trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer?
Speaker 2: Hey, Danny d I'm a champion, Doo. We know you are Poppy. Yeah, that's right. The Yankee loos, the Yankee lou.
Speaker 4: Don't interrupt me, Poppy, your name is your buzzer, But you gotta wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready, let's got a label?
Speaker 3: Hey, where's dam Patrigat?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Either way? Happy to be henk, very happy to be hen Everyone talking about Maya is hitting three dingers in his debut. Hey, doos go with me?
Speaker 3: To go with me?
Speaker 6: Who is the most recent player to hit too hold on in his debut two in his debut dou has go with me?
Speaker 2: Hey, Trevor's story for the Rockies b Jose Fernandez for the Diamond Box or ce Mark Quinn for the Royals?
Speaker 3: Who is the most recent?
Speaker 2: Rich Rich? I got gave you a beat man. I was trying to give our listener a chance. I feel like Trevor's story always pops up.
Speaker 4: Noel, you're wrong because he wasn't the most recent. Hey, you lows you thanks popping Jordan, you want to try to go for the steal, no penalty if you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll go with Tod and you are halfway to us. That's right, goes this past march? Jose Fernande for the Diamond Bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the very end of March. So what's him the Diamond Bay? All right?
Speaker 2: Jordan?
Speaker 3: Halfway to the Promised Land. We go to around two.
Speaker 6: Hey, big puppy three via. We played today, we went today. That's say, That's say, Hey, if I did better with the Tweens, I could have had the Queens. If you did better with you, remember when I suck with the tweens. I tried for I tried to forget. I could have won this record.
Speaker 2: Who became the fastest player in MLB history to reach three hundred and fifty career home run?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: Al Rodriguez, b Mark McGuire or C Anon Judge, Mike Mike all right, we're gonna go with Aaron Judge.
Speaker 2: Yes, damn, my editor, Mikey on the board. Hey, by the way, you see that picture of a Rod. I call him a Rod. Now, guys, Jim chose bot try he got the Louis Baslager and it's palon is.
Speaker 3: All right, get it? Jordan got it. Jordan and Michael both on the board. We go around three.
Speaker 6: Hey, I just want to say, it's a pleasure. Happy to be here, big puppy. What was I once quoted saying about being the guy, being the guy, being the guy, being the guy, I ain't going to lie to you, or something like that. I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: I like being the guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, you like.
Speaker 2: I like being the guy. B You know I called Derek Jeter peewee right, yeah, hey pee wee think he the biggest legend in New York, like Bene Ruth never existed. By the way, Babe Ruth never existed.
Speaker 6: Or see, being the guy is amazing except when the whole team is in a big slump.
Speaker 2: What I say about being the guy?
Speaker 3: Jordan for the win.
Speaker 2: The first one. Yes, this morning, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 6: Lie to you.
Speaker 2: I like being the guy.
Speaker 5: You like it?
Speaker 3: Hot's right, that's all right.
Speaker 2: It's go with me, Jordan.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: We will be mailing out that seeing our grilling Apron and the rest of the prize pack to you there in Northern Michigan.
Speaker 2: Aw. Thanks, hey, Jordan, congratulation.
Speaker 1: You go with me, mate.
Speaker 2: I give you my dog t shirt too. I give you my dog shirt.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jo Dog appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Poppy, hey Tail, Danny, I say hello, all right, we'll see you next week on our Pan Drive show.
Speaker 3: The Yankee Loos Yankee Loo, Thanks Poppy. Thanks Poppy. By the way, the Red Sox is big Poppy too hyped up for the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: That's pretty high. Red Sox they got cold for a minute, but they're still They're still right there.
Speaker 3: But they were cheating.
Speaker 2: That's why I should ask Poppy about that. That's just big Peppy today. Yeah Peppy, he was big Peppy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, there was rumors that the Yankees were starting pretty much that they were cheating and oh, you know, technology to their advantage. But they have gotten cold since. Can I tell you I've I've talked about this on our afternoon show earlier in the year, and I thought by now there'd be some type of momentum change with some of these teams.
Speaker 3: Would you believe in the American League right.
Speaker 2: Now there's only one, two, three, four, five, five teams over five hundred.
Speaker 3: That's remarkable.
Speaker 2: There are more people batting over three hundred or teams over five, four teams over five as of right now. The Tampa Bay Rays are far Yeah, people everyone, people are buying into their high and people are sort of sleeping on the raise the Rays, you know, seventy four and forty nine. No, I think people were sleeping on the raise. Now people are like, you know what, they're actually really good. Seventy four and forty nine best record in the AL and then the craziest part is the White Sox. I mean, the Yankees are the wildcard right there, but as of right now, all three wildcards would be from the American League East.
Speaker 3: And would you believe this?
Speaker 2: This is crazy because what the what did the Orioles do with the trade deadline? They were selling right Rutchman ended up on the on the.
Speaker 3: Red Sox. Yeah, they played big yesterday.
Speaker 2: But the Baltimore Orioles are sixty one and sixty three. They're under five hundred, but would be the wild card if the season ended right now. It would be the first time in Major League Baseball history that a team made the postseason under five hundred. This is not the NBA where some bunk nine or ten seed playing game or an eight seed is under five hundred. And like the NBA Eastern Conference has some like now like whackass Charlotte team that's under five hundred Camino.
Speaker 3: As of right now.
Speaker 2: And in the West, just get this, in the West, the Houston Astros are sixty three and sixty two. They're only a game above five hundred and they're in first place.
Speaker 3: So that's the AL.
Speaker 2: Some really lame numbers as far as the AL just seems meager to the point where you know, the Texas Rangers are sixty one and sixty four, they're three games of the five hundred, and they're only two games out of first place. So the AO West seems like trash, the Centrals trash except for the White Sox, but they're only they're six seven games over five hundred. They're not doing anything crazy. And it's really all about the Rays, Yankees and the Red Sox really, and I think and the and the last we checked, there was only like five or six players batting over three hundred this year each year, less and less.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. That's a that's a wild seme.
Speaker 2: When you look at the averages, and when you look at your team again you mentioned I'm a Yankees fan, you look at the numbers. They're pathetic, dude, especially if you grew up, you know, a fan of lyrics eight baseball, nineties baseball. When average matter, we understand it doesn't matter anymore. But when you're betting on the interstate or two fifteen to eighteen seven guy, seven guys seven now, and and one of those guys is betting three to zero two diaz on Tampaz, Yeah, he has a bed day today he can be.
Speaker 3: Looking at six.
Speaker 2: The averages are terrible and the best average in Major League Baseball three twenty one.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 4: In our YouTube channel chat, mercer Boy says, the batting average infuriates me. Sure pitchers are throwing harder, but I really think if hitters didn't try to do too much, they do way better.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. You know who would uh really opposed to this? The really absurdly buff Waight Bogs. I don't know if you guys have been uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, buff fuzz Chuck Norris, Yeah, body.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys are watching body by Bogs like I am. But the super ripped Is that real or not? It is? He checked out, It's real. The buff Bogs would not approve of Buff Bogwell, Buff Bogwell, no, seriously, if you have no idea what we're talking about, he's absurdly jacked right now. The last time you saw Wade Bogs was probably on a horse in ninety six, riding a horse at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: But he dreamed you that is a weird dream. I had about that way too often. I don't know what's a weird dream on a horse?
Speaker 2: Wade Bogs on a horse crying or him looking buff on a boat, because if you haven't seen him recently, dude is jacked. He's on those peptides riches on, He's on that wolverine stack. Now the craziest part of this weak ass, the craziest part of this weak ass.
Speaker 3: Like, no, but hold on, hold on three hundreds.
Speaker 2: I bring up Wade Bogs not just because he's buff, but when you think of the guys we grew up with. Every team had a superstar that batted in the high three hundreds, Paul Mallet or Don Maddingly, Mike Schmidt, Wade Boggs, George.
Speaker 3: Brett, Tony Gwynn.
Speaker 2: Like we were so spoiled with superstars that hit for average and just could straight out hit. Now we got a rise, and that's it, the craziest part about run and everyone dumps on the craziest part about a rise. You gotta get on base. Who the Phillies picked up Big AGAs acquisition. He is currently leading the National League in batting with an average of three fifteen.
Speaker 3: That'll be his what fourth team will be his fourth?
Speaker 2: His fourth team batting title and no one cares it would be his fourth batting title, And I just thought that when we were kids, and Tony Gwynn and Wade Boggs and Robin yout and George Brent and these guys are hitting like three ninety three sixty seventh stream after the dude that hit, I remember like like every team had, like, as a Mets fan, like Keith Hernander, be a guy with Keith Hernanzer's about three hundred every year, every guy, every team just had a guy that was batting three hundred. You had your three hundred hit or the batter think of your RBI baseball stats. Every team had a guy. And then there came a point where in the nineties when those numbers are starting to explode, then there were guys like the Griffies and the Frank Thomases and the Pool Hulls that were batting three point thirty three forty but also hitting forty to fifty home runs. So we are in a world now where you bet two twenty and hit bombs or one guy bats three fifteen. And it goes back to what we were talking about earlier. And so you know, going for the fence. The game's change. We know that, guys, but you got cal Roy Batten one fifty eight. That dude would not have been on your team one, you know, fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: And look at it.
Speaker 2: Look up Austin Wells even though he's been fire lately. What's he Batten now? One seventy So anyway, thank you guys for hanging out with us Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio