Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous. It is Lala Kent. Welcome to the Give Them Lala Podcast. We're fresh off of We've had Halloween Happen booky season. Janet showed up to trigger treat well. Hi, Janet Caperna.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 3: More excited.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: We're very excited because you kill it on Sheena's podcast. Thank you, you're like seasoned in the podcast world.
Speaker 2: Thanks, don't you think? Yeah, it felt like the right thing to do. Jared, Jason and I have our own now too, and it Yeah, if I love podcasting.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that first. What made you go, you know what, we need to start a podcast? Because not to throw shade at anybody, even I sit here and I'm like, there are a million in one podcast that trio though with you, your husband Jason and then your gusband Jared yep, what is the dynamic like and what would you say your podcast is? Like? Like, what do you guys talk about?
Speaker 2: I love it, so I love to chat and I feel like that's all I do. So it felt right for me to have one. And I felt like she and I kind of gave me training wheels with hers, like I got to co host and it wasn't you know, my podcast, but I got to be around regularly and I was like, I really like this, So I wanted to do my own, but I wanted it to be a little bit different than everybody else, and I didn't want it to just be me. So I was like, Okay, well, I definitely I would love Jared on And then I was like, but Jared and Jason have such a great dynamic where that you don't see that often, and so I was like, it'll be fun if the three of us do it. And now we also called Jason like our legal expert, so Jared and I will be in there. We'll be like, Jared'll be like, she literally did this, and Jason was like, but wait, did she actually do that? And he's like, well no, and he's like, well, then you need to say allegedly.
Speaker 4: We live and die by allegedly yes.
Speaker 2: And so it's like a fun, interesting, you know, dynamic the three of us that I don't think you see very often, and we just talk shit on there.
Speaker 1: I love that. Now you're on a show called The Valley.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: You just finished season two, and I am well aware that Bravo will have my head and your head on a platter if we deep dive into it, So I'm going to stay away from it. But I do want to know. Was it weird when you first started filming and you're like, they're like, just live your life. When someone tells me to do something that I do pretty much every day, I suddenly forget how to do it.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an awkward thing. Like they'll be like, you know, You'll like, we'll be over this morning just whatever your morning routine is. And I'm like, so you want to watch me? Like scroll on TikTok, I like.
Speaker 3: Take a shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like my morning routine is not beautiful. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what am I supposed to I don't know it is. It's like suddenly you like realize you have hands and you're like, what am I?
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do with these? What do you change? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird. And the whole process it really does, I think take a year to get used to because when you film, you get close to the crew and the people who are around all the time, so it feels you kind of in a weird way. Do you forget that cameras are there, or it feels comfortable that cameras are there. Then time passes before it airs, and that's a whole other beast and situation Gary, And you watch it all back and then you see everybody's perception of it, and so it really is like a full year of like getting in it before you really realize what it is.
Speaker 1: I feel like Jason the first season was very much like, oh, this is strange. And then I feel like not only Jason, but most people and just what I've seen when I see a new season of Housewives where it's like a brand new city, brand new people that are just like bride eyed and bushy tailed, And then come the second season, they know the drill and you never know is that you're right? Isn't my turn? I don't know right? And if you go past a few seasons, you're gonna have more than.
Speaker 4: One bad run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it can sometimes take you out. Do you feel like season two you kind of have been able to adjust to, like, Okay, I know when to quiet the noise, I know when to not look. We talk about this all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I learned my lesson season one per se it's interesting and it's you know, I actually used to like make fun of she next you'd be like, well, season four, and I'm like, well, what year are you talking about? Like she lives her life and seasons, But it really is like that now, and it's crazy because it is a different chapter. So season one, I was pregnant. Season two, I had just stopped breastfeeding right before we started filming so that I could really like have a drink, get in the mix right, And that was a totally different thing for me, like being able. I had never had a drink on camera before. I don't know if it was a great idea.
Speaker 1: You know, there there are seas, and this is what this is what I try to tell, Like when people are now in this environment, you know, the cringe moments that you sometimes have where you look back or like you watch it and go, oh my gosh, I never should have acted that way will one day become iconic and funny and funny and you'll be able to laugh about it. And I try. When I'm having all the anxiety in the world about a season or a moment, I'm like, there's going to be a day where we're all like super old and we're going to look back and we're going to forget all of those like little nuances and just remember that we were on a really cool show.
Speaker 2: I had the core experience with this group of people, right, and you're bonded and a really maybe even like trauma bonded and the trauma bonded.
Speaker 4: I have a question, what is the worst part of filming? The filming, mentally waiting for it to release or when it releases. And I feel like that's a thing for both of you, Like, what.
Speaker 1: Is the worst part of like in all three stages?
Speaker 4: Yes, is it filming what you filmed and waiting for it to release and thinking what is everybody gonna fucking think of me?
Speaker 3: Or having people watch you through it.
Speaker 2: I think there's pros and cons to each. During filming, it's just a it's a busy time because you're doing so much and it all happens so fast, and you're just kind of like you kind of almost have to like pause, like doing laundry or like anything that like you're like everyday life kind of has to pause because you're just like busy. Right afterwards, once I'm done, I don't have anxiety about it. I feel maybe I should. But right now that we're in that in between the quiet time, I like this time a lot.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I feel like, because you're real and honest, the people who weren't, who were like, oh god, I feel like that's their shittiest time.
Speaker 2: I have moments I'm looking I'm like that, I'm like, oh, that's going to be bad, or like okay, like my mom might be like what the hell were you thinking? I love you know, during the whatever, So I know I'm going to have moments that I'm not super proud of or that I'm not looking forward to rewatching. But right now, what can I do about it? It's going to be months and months, So I try to enjoy the quiet, get back into like laundry and organizing my house and doing all the boring shit that like you don't necessarily have time to.
Speaker 4: Go back to being a normal human yes.
Speaker 2: And just enjoy the basic everyday life when it's airing, I will say, I think for me, that's the most anxiety I have, Oh my god, because sometimes you even you know, when I'll see an episode and I'm like okay, yeah, all right, I you know, I said what I said. I think that they summed up how I felt really well, that was fair and I think people are gonna understand. And then the audience sees it. There you go twenty four hours later and they're like, fuck her, and I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: You're like, I came across so great in that episode. I was logical, right saw both sides or those times.
Speaker 2: Where I'm like, I'm like, oh man, that I shouldn't have said that one thing, and it's in and everybody's going to drag me for it, and people breeze right past it. So I would say, like, the hardest part is you can't ever feel like you can watch something and feel like, oh it's super great or it's horrible, and it might not be what everybody else thinks.
Speaker 1: And you know what we're gonna say.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, from first season to second, what did you find out you enjoyed more or less?
Speaker 2: You know, I think second season I just was like I realized I just need to stop and enjoy the process. I'm like, okay, when first season it was like, oh my god, when is this going to be over? And it's just it was you know, I was pregnant, so I was also just.
Speaker 1: Like very hormonial.
Speaker 2: I couldn't wait for everything to be done and to get back to just like being a homebody right and now second season, I was like, it's as soon as you start saying like, oh I need a break, it's over in a heartbeat and it flies by. So I could kind of reassure myself season two, Okay, enjoy the time, and you know, know that you get to see your friends like every day, you know, when we're not filming with each other frequently, but during filming, it's like you get to see everybody every day. Like try to actually enjoy and then wait for it to be over, because it'll be over. It flies by.
Speaker 1: I know. It's really sad. Don't even get me started on time because I have a very I don't know if it would be called an unhealthy relationship with time, but it brings me to my fucking need when I think of time passing and things being over and done, and I feel like when you film a show like back in the day, like you never know where you're gonna end up, right totally, and you always end up in a place where you're like wow, and as time goes by, You're like, I wish that I would have. I get asked this all the time too, by the way, like what would you tell your younger self? Or what would you tell season four you? And it reminded me of there's this new movie that has come out, so I want to talk about the movie trailer. And this is what prompted me, because I also want to know what you think, Janet. So there's this movie that I I saw this weekend and it's called My Old Ass and it's gonna be on Amazon Prime. But basically, the movie is about an eighteen year old girl who takes mushrooms and the trip she goes on brings her face to face with her older self, and of course her older self is telling her all the things that she should and shouldn't do in her life. And it made me start thinking what I would tell my younger self if I had the chance. So Easton and Janet, I'm sure you guys have some things that you would like to warn your younger self about, and I want to know what those things would be. If you could go back in time, whether it's yay hi last season, what would you tell your younger.
Speaker 2: Selff you know. I think I would actually tell myself, like, it's all gonna be okay, just do it and let myself actually make the same mistakes because now you know, everything leads you to where you are now, and I'm happy where I am now, so I wouldn't. I'm also afraid of like butterfly effects, stuff like if you change one thing, then the smallest thing like that could disrupt the whole big picture in the future. So it's like I would tell myself, like, it's all everything's going to be okay. You're going to go through some shit, but it's all going to be okay.
Speaker 1: I love that. I'm scared of things like that too, though I'm like, one little change and the whole picture different.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I really know like him, what.
Speaker 1: Would you tell your younger self teas to not be.
Speaker 4: Afraid to put yourself out there, Like, don't worry about other people's opinion of you. You know who you are and then their success and failure, so always try and you'll learn from it. So I would just say, put yourself out there and don't be afraid to try.
Speaker 3: Yeah and fail.
Speaker 1: I love that ours are all very like cute and sentimental. I think if I could go back and tell my younger self something, I think I'd go back and be like, I'm just here for the ride, like don't listen to me. Like I may know what the future holds, but like it looks pretty fucking awesome, So just like do the damn thing. The one thing I'm gonna tell you, though, girl, is like, you know how you are a drinker. You're soon gonna be an AA and that's all good, like you're gonna thrive in it. But like maybe don't like say stupid things that you're gonna regret tomorrow, those things, like just shut up. You know that's fair, because like you said, one one thing that would be different, the entire picture looks different. And I can go back in time and say I wish I wouldn't have done X, Y and Z. Well, then ocean wouldn't be here, you know, so so wouldn't be here. So I love. I love everyone's answers for sharing that I know.
Speaker 2: I often think back to I when I first met Sena. I was staying at an airbnb that was in Hollywood. My friend and I went to a bar that was walking distance from our airbnb. We asked the bartender, like what's cool in La to do? Like what should we do today? The bartender was like, you should go to the Mandria and they have a pool party, and that's where I met Sena and life all happened. Like I always joke I'm gonna write a memoir one day that's like I owe my life to Sheena. She that's amazing because if I wouldn't have met her, I wouldn't be doing the valley and wouldn't have this whole life now it's, you know, become my career. I wouldn't have met Jason, so I wouldn't have had my baby, my husband, Like so much has come from my friendship with Shea A lot, my friendship with you. Literally where I'm sitting here right now is all because of that one day. And it's because this one bartender told us to go to this pool and I started a friendship that then started a relationship. Like everything. So I often think back, like if I would have gone somewhere else that day, my life would be completely different.
Speaker 4: Totalfe, Yeah, wows.
Speaker 2: I think back to you, like if I wouldn't have picked that airbnb that was near that bar, It's like all these little choices that you don't think. You're like, oh, which airbingb, I know this one or this one. I'll just pick this one and it ends up like leading you down this path. That's now you know my life would literally be completely different.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: I'm very happy that you said that and this was the topic.
Speaker 1: You grow wild that the movie My Old Ass would take us on such an incredible journey of being grateful for the life choices that we've made. Ever wish you could have a talk with your younger self in My Old Ass starring Aubrey Plaza and Mazie Stella from Amazon, MGM Studios, Elliot's wise cracking older self gets the chance. My Old Ass rated R, coming soon to Prime Video. So Jannet and I we've been friends for a really long time. It's so interesting because when people see me post with you, they're like, she's trying to get on the valley. I'm like, honey, I'm a fucking star.
Speaker 2: More like I've tried to drag La La onto the valley.
Speaker 1: No, we've been friends for a really long time before the Valley even existed, and you and I took our families. You were kind enough to invite us to go trigger treating with you. It's so much fun. It was so much fun. What were you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: So we were food.
Speaker 2: Cameron was a hot dog, yes, son, he was so cute as a hot dog.
Speaker 1: He was adorable.
Speaker 2: And then I was a hamburger and Jasma's French fries. And then Jared was a donut.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it was Oh, I'm gonna tell the story. I'm just gonna round this back one time. So we were I left so Sa at home with the night nurse. Ocean decided to be a skeleton that night. I wanted to dress her as Cinderella, but there's no telling her what she's doing. When she has her mind made up, you can fuck right off.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, what's the process for asking her? Do you just say, hey, you have to dress up? Like I feel like this is the first year that she could be like picky about.
Speaker 3: What she dresses up.
Speaker 1: Every day she dresses up as a princess everything. But yeah, I asked her. I gave her options because she is all over the place, so I kind of have to bring her back down to like giving her a cup full of options, and then she picks. So she went to a party the day before Halloween as a princess and then to trick her treat as a skeleton, and she loved her face paint, right. The plan was Cinderella for her, and so so was going as Gus Gus. Sosa didn't even dress up because she was adamant that she was going to be a skeleton. I'm like, well, now Sosa is just gonna look like all right, which is still cute but also sounds very hard for me to have to deal with pushing her around. And the reason I say I'm weird with time is I looked at ocean and was like, next year, she's going to be a fully different human being, you know. Like she went with her dad on a vacation. It was one week. She came back saying her ours. So what was once summer moon is now summer moon. Oh no, I hate it too.
Speaker 4: No, it was off growing up.
Speaker 1: So time brings me to my niece. But I had the best time with you guys, because it's always just lighthearted and fun. And Jared, who's who I call your guys band? Yes, I walk up because Cam can't walk yet. No, he's a stroller trigger treater.
Speaker 4: Oh the best, the best, guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I walk up to this house and I have pretty cool shoes on, right, and I'm with Ocean and we're like trigger treat and the woman says, wow, your dad has such cool shoes on. And I look down. I'm like, they are cool shoes, but like, on what planet do I.
Speaker 4: Look like a dad?
Speaker 1: And I was like whatever, you know, four California. You're right, I'm wearing both hats. And then I look behind me and Jared got these chrome shoes on that light up. Who could not look any ganger?
Speaker 2: Right, I mean in full glam. Also he had full glamy. He had sprinkles drawn on his cheeks, like and full glam.
Speaker 1: So he did. He certainly did.
Speaker 2: But you know what, he could be a dad with full glam, with a.
Speaker 1: Like he goes the amount of times a day that I get you know, your husband is this, that and the other when he's with Jamy. Yeah, they just constantly think that that's your baby daddy.
Speaker 2: I've had people Jared and I were at the grocery store once and he was pushing Cameron. I was pushing the cart and it's always old people. It's like seventy five plus. They stop, they're like, I don't have anywhere to be, so you don't have anywhere to be. I need to stop and like just tell you how cute your baby is. For like twenty minutes, this old couple stopped us and was like, I see both of you in him, and I was like, wait, looking at Jared, my husband, but father of my child, I'm like, I get it because we're together, like chat and pushing him around the grocery store. I'm sure we looked like a really adorable couple. But I was like, oh my god, well.
Speaker 3: Poor Jared.
Speaker 4: I's over here trying to be as gay as he can.
Speaker 3: And he's like, I'm still well.
Speaker 1: It's like ever love for Jared.
Speaker 2: Next, Jason always says, like the best compliment is if somebody thinks he's gay. He's like, wow, I must be dressed really well today. My arms must be like ripped. I must look so good if, like, if they think I'm gay, I'm doing it all right. Jared's like, you think I'm a straight man, don't offend me like that. Yeah, He's like what if if I not? Don't like, I'm putting all this effort into looking stunning, gorgeous, perfect, I know, and you think I'm a straight man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's beyond rude. You should have seen his face.
Speaker 2: Rude.
Speaker 1: He's like, I got dressed up like this just for people to think them I'm the baby daddy. Absolutely not. I have to say though, Jared, So I took Ocean to a drag show when she was young and obviously doesn't remember. And she loved it, right because she's always loved the music, you know, singing stand too. She certainly is right now she's on TLC's No Scrubs.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: That is her whole vibe. We listened to it all the week to school today. I love it. But she we went to the Paris Hilton Suite, which was so fabulous. Ocean had the best time. But Jared arrives at my house before we go and full full glam, gorgeous as ever an Ocean comes up and goes mom. Jared has makeup on, and she was a little nervous, and we learned something Jared taught my daughter. I thought I had taught her by taking her to a drag show at the age of one and a half, but she clearly didn't remember. But Jared is just teaching Ocean all kinds of things to like Lonna del Rey that boys can wear makeup too, and now she's telling us that she wants to put makeup on Easton because boys can wear makeup too.
Speaker 2: You have to let her.
Speaker 4: You don't think it's like a massage on the face. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you guys, need you need to do a like a TikToker or whatever the kids are doing these days of the process of my make up. Yeah, and then you need to have her do a voice over of like and this is me putting on eyeshadow.
Speaker 1: Jannet, You're a fucking genie. And I'm I was like, thank you, no, absolutely doing that. And while we were trick or treating you guys. So I don't know if any of you guys have been living under a rock, but the La Dodgers took the motherfucking World Series. You guys, when I get a whoop whoop in it?
Speaker 2: Amen, you're such a sports girl.
Speaker 1: Now, well, I live with like dudes who constantly.
Speaker 4: Like we'll be over at the other house'll walk in and go, why aren't you at our house watching it? So we'll stumble on over to her house and then she'll watch it with us.
Speaker 1: The house just feels alive. And I got dinner with Stossy the other night and we were talking about sports sports because Game four was on and we didn't take it until Game five in New York. But she was like, we had a phone now, and she was like, I just don't you know, Like I'm not into it, she said, but I do love when Bo has football on on Sundays because she goes. Even when it's just myself, Bo and the kids, it feels like the house is alive between like the game and cheering and then Bo's reaction. I feel like that's why I'm into the sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I actually I have never really thought about like that because I'm not a sports girl. But there is something that's like active and alive, and there's always like it makes you feel like cooking something good.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, I know a lot of like people, even dudes that just like taking care of the people.
Speaker 3: So they're making the.
Speaker 4: Food while we're all watching football.
Speaker 3: But they just love to do that. It's like taking care. They like to host.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's something about it where you just feel like there's.
Speaker 4: Something about friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, I don't like being that person though I do. Okay, so you can be you can be the host. You hosted the Utah youth football game a few years ago. I remember, yeah, it was amazing. But while we were trigger treating, we saw already a legend Freddy.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I was just like, there's a tall guy and everybody as he's walking by, everybody is turning around like oh my god. And I'm like, the fuck is this guy? And I think Cass and Jade, who were with, they were like, oh my they Cass is like a heart doctor, Jade's a school teacher. Like they don't no offense, care about like this stuff.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, Like they're like, oh, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: You guys are on TV.
Speaker 1: They don't care about it's so cute.
Speaker 2: So when I saw them fan like both of them they're huge Dodgers fans, they were like, oh, oh my god, oh we love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I was a kid so much.
Speaker 2: I was like, is that one of cass his friends? Does he know this guy?
Speaker 1: Like? And why is he acting so weird around him? Foster?
Speaker 2: I was like, what's going on? And I think your mom was like, you don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: And I was like, no, Lisa, she wouldn't have known who that was.
Speaker 1: She definitely did.
Speaker 4: She does now.
Speaker 1: Well, he was the MVP of the entire series. I mean he was hitting home runs each game.
Speaker 4: He's hitting home runs on and off that field.
Speaker 3: I saw his wife.
Speaker 2: I think he has like three kids.
Speaker 4: He does just as cute.
Speaker 2: He was declining photos, which I told I felt bad. Somebody ran up and was like can I love you? Can we take and he was like, I'm just trying to have a night with my kids. And I'm like he would have to do that because if you said yes to one, he was so packed it would have been his whole night would have just been that.
Speaker 1: And he was one day coming off one day of winning the so they won the World Series, trigger treating. The next day was the parade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had to go home and go to bed and wake up bright.
Speaker 1: And early, and I'm sure that he had a drink. But he was like with his family as they all are on the bus during the parade, and he had a yourbamate in his hand like he's like, full on.
Speaker 2: Dad, is that how you say that?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: How do you say it? Your mate? You are from Ohio. Also say Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 4: No, I don't like that from you.
Speaker 1: Wait, how do you say Reese's and you want your mate your maamte? Isn't that right? Producer John's it's your mate?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: He's over there shaking.
Speaker 2: Hear somebody say a word for the first time, and you're like, oh fuck, I've been saying, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Don't they have giant yellow vans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a kombucha or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I've.
Speaker 1: Interesting only you though, Like you say, we're going to Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: And then when I asked you how Vegas?
Speaker 2: Las Vegas?
Speaker 1: Is that not? How you know?
Speaker 2: I don't hear it? And then begel?
Speaker 4: Everybody says, I say that weird, No, we'd we're having words after.
Speaker 1: This, how Jason, how Jason proposed? And she was like he brought in a bunch of begels. I was like, I have to stop. I will punch you in the throat if you ever tell this story again and call it a begel.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you it is the it is ruined by proposal story. Now when I try to tell people, like what happened when Jason proposed, I say, in reality, he went and got Hank's bagels, which our favorite?
Speaker 1: Are you stually got Hanks? It's hangls?
Speaker 4: Anyway, Hank's bagel.
Speaker 2: Now, when I tell the story, I go, he went and got breakfast, because every time I say it, people like, wait, wait, he got what? And I'm like, fuck it, never mind, I'm not gonna tell anybody.
Speaker 1: Never mind bagelsaels, yeah, a little Ohio.
Speaker 3: Maybe all start saying it that way.
Speaker 1: I mean, I am.
Speaker 2: Avoid the word now.
Speaker 1: I'm glad because that's the whole reason why I wanted you to say it properly, Because I'm like, no one's gonna care about your gorgeous ring and the fact that you're marrying that amazing man. Not only is your husband hot, he's like the sweetest human on the planet.
Speaker 2: It really is. I don't deserve him. People on mine often are like, why is he with her? And I'm like, I don't know, bitches either, Okay.
Speaker 4: He must be done.
Speaker 1: He's book smart, and.
Speaker 2: Don't bring this up with him because I don't want him to realize that he should be with someone better.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe if they wrote a book about you, then he would read it and be like, this seems like a bad one.
Speaker 2: You know what, it is the only reason he's with the android.
Speaker 1: Oh that's his one flo.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you could have had like a brain surgeon rich lady who was also a supermodel, but you texted her and it was green and she ghosted you.
Speaker 1: That's one hundred percent. We've actually spoken about that on the podcast. I was like, Janet, divorce him the green messages. He sucks up the whole group chat.
Speaker 2: I know, but he's perfect in every other aspect of life other than the green texting.
Speaker 1: Well, by the way, I fully agree with you dismissal. It's like he's a real freaking gem, and I'm so happy for you guys. I want to know who wears the pants in your guys' relationship.
Speaker 2: Would you say on the surface me like on every day, I'm like okay on the foundation Jason one thousand percent. But a lot of people don't see that. I feel like, and I feel like, especially when you watch us on the Valley, you would probably be like, oh, Janet's run nightmare. Yeah, the nightmare running stuff, bitchy like all of those things. But like Jason lets me get away with a lot of little things I will say, like I'll be like, will you do this? And I am annoying in that sense. When he comes to me and says like, hey, this is how we're going to do things, I'm like one hundred percent and I fully trust him and I let him take the lead in that sense. So a lot of the big decisions we make in life, a lot of the everyday stuff I'm calling the shots on right, big stuff. Jason calls the shots.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's healthy. Yeah, very How do you feel, like what's the game plan? I always wonder when people are in partnerships, like how does the going out work? Like how does it work where it's like I want to have girls' night or he wants to have guy's night. Is that like a big discussion. Is it a planned thing where he's like, hey, in two weeks, i'm gonna do this, put it on the calendar. What is it like?
Speaker 2: I mean, we love our friends, we're both also such homebodies now that it's we don't go out nearly as often. So when one of us wants to do something, it's normally like somebody's birthday or something that's you know, more fun, or you know more important, and it's yeah, normally, hey, we have a shared calendar, and it's like, hey, in you know, next Thursday, do you have anything? I want to do this with my friends. And I'm like next Thursday and free, you go do that and I'll make sure i'm home with the baby, especially if my mom's not here. But yeah, as long as as long as it works on the calendar, we both just yeah, let each other do our thing. Because it's not like either one of us are like going out, you know, even like twice or three times a week unless there's no a very good, strange reason, right, like you're filming a show, yeah, or there's like three birthdays that week and it's all you know, something like that. But like for the most part, it's like, yeah, once a week probably he goes out with his friends, once a week. I go out with mine. We also love doing stuff together, so when my mom's here, were like, ditch that baby, let's go do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like your foundation is you guys are obviously intimate with each other, but I think the foundation has to be you guys have to be best friends, because that's what's going to keep I mean, listen to me I'm talking like, I know relationships when I haven't had a functioning one since I was like twelve seventeen. Really, but when you guys are parenting because you're relatively new at motherhood, right.
Speaker 2: Almost eleven months in so yeah, the.
Speaker 1: First year, I still feel like I'm a new parent. With Ocean, I'm like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: It's new every single day they start learning to do stuff and you have to parent those things right.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it doesn't get easier with a second kid because it's like, well, you're not giving me the same kid where I know what to expect, Like I don't. It's a whole new the whole walks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had never thought actually going to fucking pop.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: I'd have never I'm like, okay, I know how to do this phase.
Speaker 1: You're right, what if the kids do?
Speaker 3: Is there a different kid?
Speaker 1: No, you feel hurt me. You feel more comfortable in motherhood with the second, but it's still like, oh, this is new. I don't really know what to do about this type of stuff. Huh. You know I thought that, so what would you say? The most challenging part of becoming a mom has been.
Speaker 2: Not letting guilt get to you. Okay, you have to have balance, like going out once a week with your friends. Do it if you have, you know, this time in your schedule and it works with leaving your kids somewhere safe, just go out. And then I would say like dividing and conquering all the new to do list things, right, Like there's all this new stuff that you have to do, so like how to manage that effectively, like you know, cleaning the bottles, Like who's going to do that?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: And how are we managing? How are we doing all this and getting it used to a whole new routine. But I would say, like not letting the mom guilt get to you is tough and it's a constant. Like sometimes I'll be like I need an hour. He's napping. I'm just gonna sit and like do something, and then forty five minutes in, I'm like, why am I doing this? I should be doing all this other stuff? So you have to like find the balance of like give yourself the hour and then get your shit done.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for it, right. I always wonder if that is something that women feel all over the world or if it's an American thing where we have been like shoved into these positions of like you can sleep when you're dead. You know, I don't like you're you're never doing enough.
Speaker 3: You should be doing something.
Speaker 1: If you have time to chill, then you have time to do this.
Speaker 4: And it's like, well, I kind of just want to chill, though I lie to myself and just say it's my launch break.
Speaker 3: I like that, I'm on launch break whatever.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: It's also we're also seeing every other mom's highlight reel on social media, so you look at everybody else's thing and you're like, wow, she got so much shit done in the day, and you have to remind yourself like you're not seeing all the in between, you're not seeing the downtime, You're not seeing all of that. But it's really easy to compare, I feel like to other people. My favorite mom content is when people are like, my kid is fucking stupid and here's why yes today, yes, yes, like or like admitting failure like I'm drowning today, what do I do? And I'm like, thank.
Speaker 4: God with me.
Speaker 1: As much as I hate the term relatable queen, it's like I really do love it and feel seen.
Speaker 4: What do you do when you find an hour, Like, what do you do for downtime?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 4: Even at night? When something a bubble bath? What do you do for you? Which?
Speaker 2: I love a bath.
Speaker 4: I love a bath. I love that you're busy as hell.
Speaker 2: You deserve yes, And now half the time i'm when I have a bath, it's with Cameron. So it's like to be by myself in the bath.
Speaker 1: Isn't it nice?
Speaker 2: Nice? Honestly? Just sometimes I just like to mindlessly scroll and like binge, watch Housewives, just kind of do something. It just takes me out of life for a second and I can just look at dumb shit.
Speaker 1: I love that too. Yeah, like getting a good book. But I will say I always go to Housewives. And if I don't have a new one to watch, my go to is watching og Roney because there's nothing better an og Are you caught up?
Speaker 2: I'm caught up on Orange County, love it, Salt Lake. Okay, I need to binge Potomac, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: There Yet's pretty good, Okay.
Speaker 4: I love doing all of them.
Speaker 1: And I just met Karen Huger the Grand Dam for the first time. Where did you meet her?
Speaker 2: She was at the direct TV party. Okay, let me tell you I be lined to that woman and I was like, I love you, I love you. She was so fabulous. She was super sweet. She actually stoodn't talk to me for like fifteen minutes. She was super nice. She's like, oh, I have heard of your show. I'm like, there's no way she's heard of our show, like mad for sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, The Valley or whatever. But she was like, she was so nice. I just it's that's like, probably for me, one of the like the most fun things is I've been a Bravo fan for so long. Yeah, being a part of it and seeing these people in the flesh and then being able to talk.
Speaker 4: To them and just I don't know, on the same level.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I just party with them and chit chat. It's just so fun to be able to be like, I love you, girl, No, truly.
Speaker 1: Like That's what's made it hard though, is especially doing this podcast, because we do recaps and just like how we feel, and I always feel like I have to first state like I love all of them because I know how the sausage is made totally, and just because someone has like a bad a bad season or they say something that maybe I'm like, er, it's like, that doesn't really just embody who that person is, So let's just stick to what was on TV. Yes, you know, it's hard because I'm like, I know how the fans work, and I'm like, someone's gonna listen to this, someone's gonna cut it, someone's gonna send it. And I'm not in the DM, so I don't know what anyone says about me because I'm terrified of the DM. It's a scary, hairy place.
Speaker 4: Halloween every year round in.
Speaker 1: There, year round it. No, that's what it's called.
Speaker 2: I watched differently now too, when it's after you're on it, You're like, that could be their the worst one thing they said, you know, and for months and it's the thing that people are gonna see the most. So I give everybody a much bigger grain of salt after experiencing it myself. Yes, I'd yell out my mom, I'm the way over here. I was on the phone with my mom and I was like, I'm going to law this podcast. She's like, Oh, what do you guys have talk about. I'm like, we're recapping stuff. My mom watches Orange County too, and I was like, so I'll probably talk you know some of the Housewives, some of this stuff because you tell her that Alexis Blina needs to go. I do not like her. That woman is just running her mouth everywhere. And I go, mom, that's what people say about.
Speaker 1: Me, because it's crazy when you can be like.
Speaker 2: Running her mouth everywhere. I like, I run my mouth everywhere. I'm like, Alexis Blino probably is a mom somewhere too. That's like, my daughter is actually a very lovely, kind person, just like you say.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, I actually believe Alexis probably is a very kind and lovely person. Let's jump into OC because it was the finale. Yeah, let's jump right in, bend right over. Tomorrow is the well, the first reunion. I'm so feting excited. But Alexis, I think could be a gem. But she's attached herself to this John Jay, I am not a I only go off of my experiences, right, so I can only look at someone and go, huh, this reminds me of ABC and D. And because I'm not an idiot, I know how the alphabet works. I know that two plus two equals four. This guy's probably a narcissist. I'm just gonna go with that. I'm really worried about her, and the flashback scene of her talking to Tamra being like, he's the one, He's so great, and he like goes to the confessional and is like, she's the one. I'm gonna there's no doubt in my mind. I'm gonna be with her forever, and they like flash back to him saying the same thing to Shannon.
Speaker 2: It's a yike se.
Speaker 4: It's a yike Well, Shannon. Her kind of remind me of the same person, what Shannon if Shannon was younger. I feel like that's just a Lexis, like he's attracted to the same person. Looks wise, like they look similar to me. I don't know if that's just me, but like when I look at.
Speaker 1: The man's perspective and he just looks nothing. Easan's like she's blonde, the other one's blonde. Good bodies. They wear dresses.
Speaker 2: Like Alexis Bilino. And I've gotten comments on my Instagram being like you and Johnny j Are never going to work, and I want to reply and be like.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I want on the wrong page.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it doesn't work with him because I'm married to someone else.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh no, do you think it won't work out because I had a baby with another man and marrying him behind Johnny Jay's back.
Speaker 2: I have seen I did see Alexis and Johnny Jay at the Direct TV and the US Weekly party together, So they're making I've seen them make their rounds on the red carpet too.
Speaker 1: I didn't say hi to them.
Speaker 2: Comes with a harder hit, keep going they I was. I wasn't caught up yet when I ran into them, so I was like, oh, I don't I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: But what were they like? Were they camera hungry?
Speaker 2: They were walking the carpet and doing everything. So but there's there's shows airing right now, so it's that's what they're supposed to do. But they for somebody who said that he wasn't interested in that, let me tell you. You can tell when people aren't interested and don't want to do the things because they don't do the things. He was definitely getting in the mix. It seems like he is.
Speaker 1: He's got confessionals with Alexis. It's like beyond and he's trying I'm really trying to clear my name. I'm like, clear your name by going away, right. People continue to talk about you because you keep appearing on our television front body. Yeah, yes, and like it's very annoying that you see Shannon who's obviously upset and she wants to be done with you, right, but you continue to take her into like this legal pit of hell and then also show up in her place of work. You're a dog, I agree, dog. I love when they flash to Ryan and he's in that like pretty horrific suit ye, but actually was tailored really well, so you weren't sure. You're like, is it super bad or is it really fucking good? I can't tell? But he got it on Amazon and the theme was like tacky bridesmaids and another reason to like really be annoyed at Alexa Alexis what's her name again, Alexis Alexis Billino. She wasn't even in a tacky wedding dress. Her hair was tacky as fuck.
Speaker 2: You don't tell everybody to dress up taki or in something bad, or it's like when you tell everybody like come over, I'll be in sweats, and then you come over in sweats and that person's all dressed up, You're like, fuck you, fuck.
Speaker 1: You, fuck you. Your karma is that you're uncomfortable and I'm not right. So you may look good, but I'm sure you feel good, but I feel good. And when you get to your thirties, you just want to feel good. When you feel good, you look good exactly. I'm worried for jen because she's very sweet, and at the very end of the episode, everything comes out that he's like laundering money, right allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 3: Do we think he's that dumb?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I think a lot of people are that dumb.
Speaker 4: I mean, are dumb and laundering money? Are you that stupid to see what happened to Jenshaw and all of that and then bring it to television?
Speaker 2: Oh it's saying like, are you that dumb to go on TV knowing you're doing something legal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like and then just saying yeah, I think could pick me up.
Speaker 2: Narcissists never think they're gonna get caught.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I was sitting here and I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not well, you hand to get caught when you blab about it on a housewives, Like, if he wasn't under pressure, you just did it to yourself.
Speaker 1: But I think most narcissists feel like they're invincible.
Speaker 2: They've gotten away with it for so long that it's just like, yeah, you know what, I haven't had consequences for my actions for the last twenty five years, and I've been doing all this stuff to make all this money or whatever. It is, like, why would you think you're gonna get caught? You've gotten away with it for so long.
Speaker 1: Right, No, it's pretty wild. And what was the most heartbreaking is Jen who's like older, older than us, asking Gina after she's like, Gina says you, this is like not good for you. You cannot marry him, Like he's not good for you? And she goes, but what about him isn't good for me?
Speaker 3: Everything?
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's really I mean, it's hard. It's honestly, it's hard being in his relationship with a giant red flag. It's also so hard watching your friends do that, especially if they aren't seeing it.
Speaker 1: Well because their hearts aren't involved and hers is. It would be like the way, take the way you feel about Jason and then take everything about Jason and what he does for a living out of it. Just take how you feel about him and add all the red flags. Do you think you could see past them?
Speaker 2: That would be tough. I mean now, like if I was that, if we were engaged and I found out that he was in some sort of shady business practice, I would call it off.
Speaker 1: You would have to. I don't know what she's doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like now I'm like, so now you get your ducks in her own name and get the hell out.
Speaker 2: But honestly, if he was doing something illegal now too, or like allegedly whatever.
Speaker 1: Word I have to say, this is all alleged allegedly, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that would also be it's a betrayal of like you were doing all of this, It's almost like cheating. If he was running illegal or shady business practice behind the scenes and was keeping that all secret from me, Like, that's almost like an affair in my mind.
Speaker 4: Well, how I feel like if he's gonna do all that shady business, his whole life has become shad.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. I think so too. And I always tell people like if, well, actually I learned this from someone. There was like this guy and I cannot remember, but he was a really good dude, and I believe he was a lawyer. And he said not Jason, don't but he said to me, I don't do deals. I've gone out with men on business trips and they met and they're messing around on their wives. He said, I immediately put my guard up and do not work with them, because if you could do that to your wife, what the fuck could you do to me.
Speaker 2: I've seen this clip before, and I toally agree. The person you're sleeping every night, you're gonna lie to and go to bed dirty and all that. Of course you're gonna scam me for some cash. One hundred less to lose there than there is in a marriage, So I completely agree. I mean, I think the same thing when I see people messing around and doing things.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing parallel. So you're caught up on Salt Lake. There's this new girl, Brittany, and she's kind of like stolen the show with her relationship, and it's so strange to me. I think it's because she's like technically dating in Osmond, but it's so crazy to see these women ignore all the red flags there. They're much not much, but they're like in their late forties early fifties, much older than the two of us, and I just can't even imagine letting this shit fly, especially now that I have two children. These women like this, Brittany is completely up in the night.
Speaker 2: It's wild. I mean, the guy is literally like, well, I guess we just can't be together. Carry on, and she's like like it's like he's literally telling you to your face, I'm not promising you anything. I don't want anything. We're friends, and she's like not moving on. I'm like, get out of there.
Speaker 1: She obviously I don't know if she practice Mormonism practices Mormonism because Angie rolls up to her house this like Mormon campfire is something that the Mormons do, and Angie brings her wine. Oh yeah, and Brittany's like it is so inappropriate and Angie's like, I've seen you drink wine on multiple occasions. Like what's so inappropriate about it? So I'm assuming that she.
Speaker 3: Two fair has.
Speaker 1: Sex, right, Yeah, she's not a true I think that's what's fucking her up.
Speaker 4: She's trying to be Mormon but not living a Mormon life.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the guilt weighs heavy on her. But I also think what's messing with her mind when this guy who's like very handsome is telling her I cannot be with you and give you what you want, but he'll certainly throw the dick. She's confusing his words and intimacy and Easton and I talked about this on a Podcas asked a while ago that she because she was in the Mormon Chirts church for so long, she doesn't understand what a friend with benefits is. She's letting the dick cloud her where she thinks intimacy is love Yep.
Speaker 2: In Mormonism, you're supposed to wait till marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she won.
Speaker 4: And you're only supposed to make the man happy.
Speaker 2: Doesn't butt stuff not count?
Speaker 4: And you can marinate so shoving it in there and just flirt away.
Speaker 2: Was it you that just told me about marinating recently? Because I had never heard this term. I think it was at your house, so I was like, what what is.
Speaker 3: This braggot soak?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh. In her confessional, she talks about her mom's relationship with her dad and it was a fairytale romance they met and how long six.
Speaker 4: Days they dated, got engaged, got married within what like a couple of months I think, and then have been married yeah.
Speaker 1: Something fifty three years. And I'm like, Chase that my love that's called Papa wanted to put his dick in your mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, except not the rule of like relationships. Most people who probably get engaged after six days probably doesn't last.
Speaker 1: I've only seen two other that I can recall, two other cities where the men the husbands of the Housewives have had scenes together. How do we feel like you're on a show with dudes husbands? That's what the show is based on, right, Housewives is about the chicks.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I have seen the men have their their little scenes on og Beverly Hills, and I've seen it heavy on Jersey. Yeah, Jersey.
Speaker 2: I was going to say that Jersey is heavy.
Speaker 4: The dudes could have their own show on Jersey.
Speaker 1: Right, So how do we feel about do you like seeing husbands scenes? My favorite line was Justin, which is Whitney Rose's husband, where Lisa Barlow's husband John reaches out to Justin and says, you know, we should get together and talk about what happened in Justin's I'm just going to be straightforward and telling you know sounds good.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, be any more straightforward. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They never talk to him again.
Speaker 1: Do you like watching the husband scene?
Speaker 2: I love it. I actually think it makes for some of the best TV. I think some of my favorite seasons are when the husbands get involved, and I do think it's part of the reason that The Valley and vander Pump are both heavily watched and very successful because it adds a dynamic that you don't see. And there's something about when something happens with Jason, I'm right there with it, you know what I mean, And then it kind of crosses over and you see this. It's just a different dynamic. I think on Orange County, you know, with Ryan jumping in and there's you know, and Tarma's husband and him getting into it, it adds a whole other level where I'm like, oh, this is good.
Speaker 1: Like you feel like the stakes are higher, stakes.
Speaker 2: Are higher, and you see a different you see that person with their like mama bear energy. You know, it's like, don't come after my husband or you know, don't come after.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say half the fighting between the dudes is because of the wives.
Speaker 3: It's all because of the wives.
Speaker 4: And they're like standing how I look did the Justin fight with what John John? Yeah, is both of them were just trying to stand up for their wives, not knowing like take that out. They would have been just standing having a drink together, not doing anything.
Speaker 3: It's the wives.
Speaker 4: They got them into it, and I like it because it does make the stakes higher. And I love to see these men acting cool and chill and all that, and then when.
Speaker 3: Shit hits the fan, you see that real person come out. You're like, never seen that guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you're about to squash.
Speaker 4: Oh, shut because you're chilling. Now, I really get to see you. Like, No, if the guys go like I've seen and I was just about to see, I've seen the producers and the cameraman and I really hit the van.
Speaker 3: They're not keeping them back.
Speaker 2: No, It's very like.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: They need those type of curity cards on your guys's shows.
Speaker 1: No the men for real though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because men that's the other thing.
Speaker 4: Women will fight and baker and all that, but they'll leave it.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 4: You saw it with Justin kind of like, I don't think he was angrily stepping at no.
Speaker 1: No, No, What's John would have gone his ass beat?
Speaker 3: Oh John?
Speaker 1: John stepped in aggressively.
Speaker 3: I would have been pissed off.
Speaker 4: And I like Justin when he was like, I don't think I owe them an apology right now. It's like you owe justin one John, you just come in and shove them, stay out of it. It's like, well, you're kind of putting yourself into it. So instead of doing that, how about you just grab me, like tap me and just be like, come and talk to me.
Speaker 3: Let's stay out of it.
Speaker 1: Well and even say the fuck word he just said, don't call my wife a fucking fucking don't see the fuck word to my wife.
Speaker 2: Oh, she came over your wife's fucking liar, wife's fucking liars. I don't say my wife's a fucking liar. And then she's like, you said the EF word.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wait a second, don't come at me accusing my wife of something, and I'm just a I'm that's.
Speaker 1: What I So they had replay because there are times where I go toes and I'm like you did this and they're like, no, you did this, and I'm like, I think that might be true.
Speaker 2: That's one of the hardest things I think about being on these shows, and maybe something that the audience doesn't realize. It's like when something a heated moment happened, somebody says something, then it sets and it sets everything off. You don't you don't call producers the next day and say, hey, go ahead and send me over that. I wish they would send over the fodge, but like, you don't. You can't watch it immediately, so then you're like, okay, this is how I remember this, and you maybe sometimes go too hard and like I'm right, you're wrong, and then it airs six months, a year, whatever it is later and you're like, oh shit, you I did start this right whatever.
Speaker 4: You blackout sometimes when you're like not drinking, but just like the filming blackout, it's all black out here.
Speaker 3: Sometimes my god, I.
Speaker 1: Leave here and go what did we even talk about?
Speaker 2: I normally remember roughly what I said season one because I was pregnant and completely sober. Everybody called me the next day and they're like, how did this happen? I'm like, well, first you said this, then this person said this, then this person stood up. Like the episode where we were all at the Madre on having dinner and everyone got into it in the hallway. It was like Jesse, Luke, Michelle, Okay, everybody's yeah, screaming at each other that night, Everybody's like how did we because it happened so fast? How did we get here? And that was another one where like producers ripping people apart and getting in the middle, and you know it's not good when you see.
Speaker 4: All the producers jumping in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also an interesting position being when you're filming with a partner, you want that partner to stick up for you in certain stuff, but you also don't want them to jump in too much.
Speaker 4: It's like and become part of It's a tough thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When Jason's you know, in something and something's going on and he's you know, having heavy talk with somebody or somebody says something to him, it is like a moment where you really have to take a look at it and say, do I jump in and defend him or do I want him to jump in and defend me right now? Or can I handle my own and do I got this? And would I be like mad at him if he jumps in, because you experience both. I've had times where I'm like, where were you on that one? Jason? Yeah, I'm like didn't you hear it? He's like huh what, Like I'm like never mind. Or there's times where it's like he jumps in and I'm like I'm like, I got this you stay back there.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's hard to.
Speaker 4: Being a guy because if I was Jason and You're gonna fight, I'm like, do I need to tap on?
Speaker 1: Right? Walk a fine line?
Speaker 2: I think as a duke, it's and it's a case by case scenario of like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, they also walk the line of if I jump in, am I going to be looked at as someone who's aggressive?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I think it would be really hard to be a dude. Like as a chick, we can kind of go toes and do the whole damn thing. Whereas a dude, if he inserts himself to protect his wife when it's girl on girl crime, the other chick could easily say like, whoa, you got a little aggressive, and immediately that label is not great. It's a it's a very it's a trigger word.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and once you're kind of labeled at that, you're kind of stuck there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, I know you wear it forever. I mean, these Bravo fans, they do not let you forget your past. No speaking of past.
Speaker 2: It's almost like they have it on video.
Speaker 1: It's almost like they could watch it anywhere. I was watching Potomac and I've always told people do not sleep on Potomac. Since season one, I was like, this is gold. This season they have a not an entirely new cast, but they let go of Robin Dixon and Candice Dillard. I got nervous because I thought both of those women were extremely like they needed them. They were heavy hitters in the game. I was sad to see them go. But they've replaced them with some even heavier hitters.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: No, it's good.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you would tell me.
Speaker 1: So rather than breaking it down, I'm going to ask you guys how you feel about certain things. The first one is they're they're celebrating Wendy's birthday and suddenly it becomes like this whole conversation of people throwing shade. And then it's immediately bringing up everyone's past and it's like, well, you dated a drug dealer and she's like when, and they're like the boyfriend before this, and it's like okay, well you used to be a stripper, and I'm like okay. This is where filming a show gets really, really sticky, because it is all about bringing in new blood because we number one, just need new faces, but we also need other people to kind of take the punches. When you signed on for The Valley, were you at all nervous about things that you have done in your past may come up or were you like, I'm not worried about that. I'll talk about it if it's brought up. And is it fair for people to hold you to your past? Like this entire dinner was everyone holding each other to their past?
Speaker 2: I think it's one of those things. Kay, there's always I feel like a thread in every cast or every show where if you pull that thread, everything's gonna unwrap. I actually feel like you saw it on Orange County recently, between especially when you have close friends that are now on the outs, when all when one secret comes out, it's like, oh, you want to tell them that secret. I feel like it happened on Orange County with Tamra and Shannon. They both you know, or had each other's backs for so long, so as soon as one of them said, oh, well you did this, it was like gloves off, gloves off. We're going back and forth, and you have a lot of AMMO when you've been friends with somebody for fifteen years like they have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's wild is the receiving person is like, can the both of you just shut the fuck up, like the only person affected, you're trying to prove that the other person shitty. You're both shitty breads, be quiet, right?
Speaker 2: I totally agree. And on a personal level, you know, when Jason and I before we agreed to have cameras in our lives, we sat down and we went through and we were like, what's the worst is what's the worst stuff from our past that we think could come up? Is there enemies or people we don't talk to, or ex'es or anything that were afraid of and if there are, let's talk it out now and then decide if we want to be more public people or not. And I think everything that we kind of discussed it was like, yep, you know this might come up, like I've been married and divorced, Like there could you know there could be stuff there or you know, in past relationships. Sure nothing though that I was like, we can't do this. I think anything that you bring up from my past now I could answer to and say like maybe not, you know proudly. I wouldn't be like, yeah, I'm happy I did this, but I don't. I'd be like yeah, I fucked up back then. I shouldn't have done this thing, and I've grown from it and here's how I've learned or whatever. So I think you do before you, you know, agree to be a public person, you do have to backtrack and think, like, what's the worst thing I've ever said or done that could be thrown in my face? And how would I answer to it now? And I just think as long as you're authentic and you are okay with like, I think hiding thing is the worst thing you can do.
Speaker 1: Well it is, you know, from personal experience, Season five was a nightmare and me hiding my relationship. Cut to season seven where it comes out that I ate Ariana out in the back of Sandoval's car, and it would have been a huge thing, but because we just kind of talked about it, it like lived for five seconds and died. Like there's something And I think mia on Potomac has conquered the art of like I was a stripper, I fucked around on my husband while I you know, during the time that my child was conceived and my new boyfriend who I've been with on the side since high school it may be his child, and everyone you know is sitting there going like Wow, this is pretty wild. But no one's sitting there being like yeah, talking about it because she just lays it all out there, let's discuss.
Speaker 2: But if it was somebody else uncovering it, like in a scene without oh, then it's a big one person spreads it, then it's a whole episode and potentially a whole season talking about.
Speaker 1: That, right. We also have on Potomac the Grand Dam who was allegedly gotten a dui and not know that she's got.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's got until after I posted with her and.
Speaker 4: They did a whole list of her ticketing.
Speaker 1: They did, and it was long.
Speaker 3: It was a laundry list.
Speaker 1: But I love The Grand Dom too, And in her interview, please don't drink and dry, I do love the Granddam, and it's we're now kind of seeing two shows run parallel when it comes to like The Granddam Karen and Shannon on oc and I think when you're a part of a show where like you're able to drink and many women do it and they're totally fine. Right, I'm not naming any of these women alcoholics, but their cast members are raising red flags about their drinking, and I want to know, Janet, because I think about this all the time. We're a part of shows where you're supposed to live your authentic life and everything is out there and let's mention it all. Well, do you think that something like this someone's drinking problem or lack of should be spoken about on camera or do you think that conversations like that should take place on the off season and then just spoken about, like what happened during that time on camera.
Speaker 2: It depends. I would say, if the person while they're filming is getting trashed or like, it's very obvious while you're filming that this is a problem, and maybe even it's if it built up from time you weren't filming, but while you're filming you're noticing red flags with drinking, then I think it's okay to say, hey, you did this thing on camera? Hm, how can I not mention that it's been an ongoing problem?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well what about these women who they got into accidents allegedly they got into accidents and then it's posted about and it's all when cameras are down off season and they're having to attend court at some point. Is that fair game to talk about on camera? And say, I think you have a drinking problem.
Speaker 2: I think it's fair to talk about it on camera because it happened and it's news. So it's like, you know, the audience that puts you on this show, they're seeing these articles they wanted to drew about it. Yeah, so I think it's it's also just totally how you address it. If if you take full accountability and you lay out a plan of how you plan on changing, and your behavior is aligned with that plan, then I think people should give you a little bit of a break. But if you're coming in and nothing seems to have changed, you don't seem to have learned your lesson at all, and you're still heavily drinking, then I think your friends should be able to say, hey, this is worrisome. I think camera went hard, like I think.
Speaker 1: She always goes hard though. That's who she is. She's she's got grit, and yeah, I relate to her because I deliver you a package covered in shit. But if you can dig real nice and deep, you'll find that my heart's in the right place.
Speaker 2: I think she's calling, you know out what she's seeing, and I think that that's also what you have to do when you're on a show, you can't just sit there and ignore everything. Otherwise it'd be the most boring thing ever.
Speaker 4: As a viewer, you signed up for what you're doing. I want to see it all same I do tell you. You guys are on this TV show to show it all, show me at all. You signed your life to it. You could have said no, show me everything, okay.
Speaker 2: I I think if you want to hide something from the cameras, if you're having an affair, if you have a drinking problem, if you have a skeleton in your closet and you don't want it to come out during filming, protect it, hide it, but don't do the thing like if you like, you know, if I was having an affair and I keep it completely quiet whatever and it doesn't come out, fine, But if I'm telling my castmates and friends about it off camera and saying like.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm then it's fair game. Then of course.
Speaker 2: They're going to bring it up. So that's one of those things. If you want to hide something, keep it like you hide it, but you can't expect your castmates to hide stuff. If you're doing things off camera that are sneaky.
Speaker 1: Right, and like, don't hide skeletons in your closet, like maybe sparing them in the backyard and then like dig where you're going to have the foundation for a.
Speaker 2: Pool, or open your closet, show everybody the skeleton, and they will forget about it five minutes later.
Speaker 1: If you're just like, yep, here it is right, Like, did I really see that? I'm not quite sure. Would she have put it on full display if it was a big deal? Yeah? God, I love that you have a soothing voice. Thank you. I love listening to you. Thank you. At the end of each episode of the Give Them Lalla podcast, we do an ache and relief of the week Easton, would you like to start us off?
Speaker 3: Oh? Fuck, my ache of the week?
Speaker 4: Let's try to come up with one.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want me to go first?
Speaker 3: Go first?
Speaker 1: Okay. My ache and relief are one in the same. We'll start off with my ache. My ache is that my ride or die Jessica is no longer going to be working for me and she will no longer be on the podcast. My relief is that she is going to go spread her wings. I fly and fly and we wish her all the best. I love her more than anything. And I'm so excited to see what she's going to do in her future.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 3: It's bright, it's very bright future ahead of her.
Speaker 1: Yes, what's yours?
Speaker 4: T T?
Speaker 3: I mean I think that's my ache.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just losing her. It was family.
Speaker 4: But I want her to go and be successful in all the things that she's wanting in life. And I'm excited to see her shine and do all the things that she's wanting to do.
Speaker 1: Aimen to that.
Speaker 4: So that is my ache is just restructuring the the life. The life it so well. But yeah, that's the ache, is just losing her. And then the relief is just it's been life. Yeah, did you feel really good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I feel good. I've been.
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to say it? What you're ninety days?
Speaker 4: I mean that's the thing because they say they don't want to bring it to television.
Speaker 1: And shit, well I broke that a long time.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I'm ninety days sober to anyone who gives a shit we a s Yeah. Yeah, it's like a little pink cloud back.
Speaker 3: I got a little chip. So it's like I got my reward.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, So now I feel good, Like my relief is just I feel very good.
Speaker 1: Good, no weed, He's just wow.
Speaker 4: I'm sleeping amazing now, like I'm tired.
Speaker 1: I would say it takes.
Speaker 2: I was a huge stoner then quitting. I quit for a while, and then I obviously had to quit when I was pregnant breastfeeding all that. I feel like, ninety days is the mark where it's out of your body. That's how I feel, like, did you get the sweats at first and stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I was shaking, like at night, I was like restless legs, Like I would just get up and like walk around.
Speaker 2: And ninety days, I feel like is when your system like fully clears something. Yeah, shit, and you can feel like like I normal again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I'm my body and mental is all one again. Yeah like nothing, Yeah, like all my chakras are aligned.
Speaker 1: Right, totally feel Yeah. Well, we're very proud of you, teach. You're welcome, Janet. Do you have an ache and relief?
Speaker 2: I will say, Okay, this weekend I had my Jason was out of town, so my ache was like missing him and like our chill weekend vibes. But my relief was realizing that I can take care of my own baby for seventy two hours without my mom, without Jason, without Jared. It was just the two of us this weekend. Jared's a big help in our.
Speaker 4: Favorite even when he comes over, I'm like, yess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so good with all the kids. Cameron. Jared's number one favorite for Cameron. Right now, if I'm holding Cameron and Jared walks in, he lunges out of my arms into Jared's arms. So Jared's currently number one. Jared I could tell. He's like, I'm sorry, and I'm like, enjoy this. You're the chosen one.
Speaker 1: I know, right, I'm not bothered by it.
Speaker 2: You'd be number one. Yeah, fine, but yeah. We had a whole weekend where I had nothing except for Cameron and I and we stayed home all weekend and we did a couple of things, but we, like, for the most part, just chilled and I was like, Okay, I was worried that this was gonna I was gonna be exhausted and this was gonna be really hard, and I did it.
Speaker 1: You did it.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the hardest job.
Speaker 1: It was tough, but I now know that you survived. We're so happy for it. It is intimidating sometimes I look at my kids, and I'm like, it's just you and me.
Speaker 3: What's it called.
Speaker 4: They left and we had a night nurse coming.
Speaker 3: Thank god. I had to stay with the baby.
Speaker 4: For twenty minutes and it took fucking it felt like four hours. Was staring at talk about you guys.
Speaker 3: If this thing dies, I'm gonna die.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Lets on that note Easton. We'll have you at it twenty minutes. Thank you guys so much for listening to the Give Them La La podcast. Janet having me, You're so welcome. We can't wait to have you back on again.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, I would love to.
Speaker 1: You're amazing and you guys are amazing. Remember that the bonus episodes come out on Mondays. That video dropped same day, and you can watch this episode on YouTube on Friday at nine am Pacific time. I love you, bye.