Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is show Ketty.
Speaker 1: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Hetty. We should bring this story back up again later. So the Chicago Police Department has updated the numbers from Chicago. Fifty eight shot eight dead. That's the total from the Labor Day weekend in Chicago. Fifty eight shot, eight dead. And the headline for mainstream media is how dare Trump send the National Guard? Well crimes down?
Speaker 2: Jack, There were seventy one shot and eleven dead last year, so nobody thinks that way but lefty advocates and the media.
Speaker 1: So more on that later. The scale was very cruel to me this morning. I lost all discipline over my little vacation that I did while Joe was in England, like all discipline, Like I forgot that it was a thing. Apparently hmm.
Speaker 2: All the calories like money don't exist on vacation or imaginary. Although I did pass at Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 1: They had a chicken fried chicken with like gravy mashed potatoes, you know that sort of meal that the calories according to the menu was nineteen hundred and thirty calories.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a big boy meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two thousand calories and one meal. Yeah something congratulations, Uncle Herschel. As I mentioned earlier, is that the guy's name on the cracker barrel saw gas. And again, I didn't know anybody who had ever heard of that before in their lives. And that's the big controversation you're taking away, Uncle Herschel.
Speaker 2: Okay, a bunch of crackers eating on a barrel. That's when I say, anyway, Yeah, I discovered, as I mentioned earlier in the show, that if you walk five to seven miles every single day, you can eat and drink whatever you want. And that's what we did in London Town. We took two day trips. The second one was to Cambridge, which was absolutely terrific. How about their train system there so fantastic? Oh my gosh. Yeah, we only used it late in the week because we walked everywhere, but oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we tube at Oxford.
Speaker 2: Circus, took it to King's Cross and transferred quite smoothly to the Great Northern Line to Cambridge.
Speaker 1: Oh so great. But you're so efficient. Why can't we have that in California to get around? Yeah?
Speaker 2: At one point, a couple of guys were running to catch a train and the door shut just before they could get on, and I said, ah, poor bastards, and then I looked up. The next train was literally in one minute. One minute. Yeah, yeah, it was something. It was great. So anyway, Cambridge was great. It's a really cool historic town, although like everywhere, by the afternoon, it was overrun by throngs of tourists, no kidding, everywhere we went, just and part of it is people aren't coming to the US because they're angry at Trump over the tariff thing. But yeah, it was just amazing. If there was no tourism in Britain, I think the place would dry up and go away. It was just astonishing how many humans were everywhere. The highlighted Cambridge. I got a really nice T shirt that says Cambridge University. It's kind of a fancy T shirt, like well made, because I'm hoping people think I went there because it sounds really classy. But we visited the chapel at King's College, which has the largest collection of stained glass in Europe. It's you know, it's your giant church with the most amazing stained glass I've ever seen. In my life, partly because Oliver Cromwell, who you know, I thought was some sort of crusader for democracy as opposed to kings. He was also a Puritan and very much like a tally Ban. When they took over an Afghanistan, they were so anti any idolatry. They literally shot the faces off of like religious statuary statues, that's a fancy word for statues, or they like would would the equivalent of sand a blast, you know, the features off of these ancient and beautiful pieces of art. And this Cromwell character, he had all the stained glass like everywhere smashed Missus Cromwell character, he is a bastard, but he had like all the stained glass smashed out of churches because he thought it was idolatry.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But he left this intact because of beloved King Henry the sixth had started it, and he knew he didn't because Henry the sixth ended up being a saint anyway, and everybody like loved him, and so you didn't, no matter what you thought, you didn't undo what he did because it was just too dangerous politically. So he left all of the same glass and it's just unbelievably beautiful. That was the second day trip. The first day trip was to Stonehenge and Bath. There was a bit of a rain shower when we were in Bath. I mentioned to Judy, we're taking a shower. We're having a shower in Bath. She looked at me like, you know, you could give that a vacation if you want. That's sort of observation, sort.
Speaker 1: Of a play on words.
Speaker 2: Yes, the irony, Michael, the irony at the heart of it.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 2: Anyway, but Stonehenge was quite a trip from London, but I'm glad we did it.
Speaker 1: It's I skipped Stonehenge when I was in England for whatever reason. I don't remember it. Yeah, there's too much to do, is that right?
Speaker 2: Super big tall rocks arranged carefully by ancient hands to do something.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: The guye who were talking to said, get used to the phrase we still don't know, because that's and we never will. The Stonehenge story, although it certainly is aligned with the winter and summer solstice, is so the light. It's a timekeeping device of some sort, but built, you know, thousands of years ago, and one of the first things you learn is that it was changed a couple of times. The arrangement of rocks of various sizes over the course of five hundred years, and you think, oh, from thirty five hundred BC to three thousand BC. Then you realize, wait a minute, people have been coming here and rearranging these rocks for whatever purpose because it was important to them, like important enough to spend incredible amounts of effort in the ancient world for thousands of years. And I'm not prone to weird psychic you know, feelings of I got in tune with Mother Earth and the druids or whatever. But I did stand there feeling a bit of awe about the fact that for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years, people keep coming back to this spot and trying to get some sort of cosmic groove on, get your cosmic groove on of whatever sort they thought was appropriate. But it was kind of It was kind of beautiful and heavy and mystical and weird, and I could see how the soft headed sort, would you know, end up becoming a druid or what have you. But it's an amazing place, you know, I'd go. I didn't change my life or anything.
Speaker 1: I always have those sets when I'm in those really great, big gold churches like they got in England. You sit in there and it said, you know, they built that thing whatever eight hundred years ago, and you think that thousands and thousands of people praying for all the different things going on in their lives, just like your life today. Sick kid, you know, get a job. Whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It's it's something. Oh that remind I gotta find the picture of it. They have examples of We visited the Roman baths at bath that was where there was a rain shower.
Speaker 1: Michael, Did I tell you that story?
Speaker 2: It was very amusing. Anyway, they had a tradition then you would like scratch out a message to the goddess and throw it in the baths. Is like an offering, and the goddess would intercede on your behalf right. Oh cool, all of it, virtually all of it was bitching about somebody had stolen my cloak or somebody stole my best spoon. And I think it's Vesuvius Jones. I'm pretty sure it's him. If it's him, would you punish the crap out of him for me, please? Because I can't prove it, but I think it was him.
Speaker 1: My best spoon. It was all stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It was all gripe and about stuff that got ripped off of Yeah one I got No, I got nothing but my crappy, my everyday spoof.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Or occasionally you know this, this bastard took my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Punish him if you get a chance.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing, a lot of griping, which reminds me of the British Museum, which has the greatest collection of like the very dawn of history, when people start writing things down, like the oldest writings that exist on Earth. They have a lot of them there, and they're thousands of years old, and it's really interesting. The single oldest piece of writing they have, if if I recall correctly, is a complaint that you shipped me the wrong grade of copper. I ordered the class B copper. This is class C copper, the oldest known writing on Earth. I was like, dude, what are you trying to pull here?
Speaker 1: The oldest on earth is I want to talk to the manager. That is really interesting, right.
Speaker 2: And the other oldest writing on Earth is is some bastard took my bike. Human beings, Oh my god, we haven't changed at all. No, no, you know, I'm sorry I went off at the mouth a little bit. I intended to talk about our upcoming naval war with Venezuela.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, that's another interesting story, sending warships to you know, countries in our hemisphere.
Speaker 2: Right right, all about excuse me, the drug cartels and that sort of thing. This is my favorite part of that story. Fat Maduro, the the communist, scumbag dictator, kleptocrat who runs Venezuela these days, he said, of the US Navy presence, Venezuela is confronting the biggest threat that has been seen on our continent in the last one hundred years. A situation like this has never been seen. I'm like, wait a minute, wait a minute. You gotta pick one of those. You can't say, you know, if some dog walks into the you know, your yard, it's twenty five feet, it's the shoulder, it's an enormous dog. You can't say this is the biggest dog that has been seen in the last one hundred years, because people are thinking, must have been some big ass dog, you know, like twenty years. But then you say, yes, it's the biggest dog ever. No, it's one or the other Nicholas, you gotta get better at your blood running through the streets Arab style threats.
Speaker 1: It's just not good at Ian Bremer seems dope. Ian Bremmer predicts an actual military strike on Venezuela at some point from the US.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, yeah, I haven't been following that except, you know, glancing at the headline.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be something getting back into that sphere of influence thing like we're gonna run our hemisphere because China's gonna be running their hemisphere.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and that aspect of it. I don't hate more robust engagement in South America in a lot of different ways. Let's let's help out the heroes like Mela and Argentina, and let's mess with the scumbags like Maduro and and and you know, bring them around. Somebody took my very best spoon, and I am not happy. I'm pretty sure it was Jim. If it was Jim, do me a favor. Give him some boils, like really bad ones. Amen, here's to you.
Speaker 1: Give him some boils.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We got more other ways there. I actually am paying attention my own, like, for my own personal interest, not just for the show. This big summit that's going on with China and Russia and Iran and North Korea and India and everything like that. So more on that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, it's a it's a big topic, no doubt. Speaking of big topics, the whole transgender radical gender ideology thing, which we've talked about a fair amount. As your kids are going back to school, if they live in blue states especially, they're getting a full dose of that stuff. It is not slowed a bit in progressive America, and it's still one of the great fights of our time. I think Elon Musk, I remember hearing has one of his many children is transgender. Whatever that means.
Speaker 1: How many kids do they have. We've made jokes so many times I don't even remember, like a Baker's seen or something like that. I can't remember. If he can't, I can't either. And I'm reminded I didn't really look into the horrific shooting in Minneapolish other than the unavoidable headlines. That was one of the worst ones. Yeah, that was one of the worst ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unthinkable and horrific, and I decided I'm on vacation. I don't want to take that pain on, but I know enough about it.
Speaker 1: Some of the India coverage around it, we would have been screaming about.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure we would have. You know, I'm sure you've all heard that the uh, the sick, mentally ill murderer of little children was quote unquote transgender.
Speaker 1: Really, I read the Washington Post and I got to paragraph thirty two and stopped reading. So I didn't find out in paragraph thirty three that that was the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, kidding. Naturally among the sick sick person's writings or something to the effect of, and I've got it around here somewhere, but if that doesn't matter, him saying, and I'm so unhappy or angry that I brainwashed myself into thinking I was TRANSGENDERO.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't even hear that. Oh no. Also, all the trends stuff aside, it became very clear that the person was expecting notoriety out of this. So once again we give them notoriety. We give all these shooters all the notoriety they want so that there will be more of them. What vital.
Speaker 2: But you have to kill lots of people to get the notoriety you want. So if you want the rest your blood, say the newspapers and that work. If you want people in suits and ties to pour over your every word and try to discern its meaning, the way to do it is to kill children.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very frustrating.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Elon Musk was talking the other day about his his youngster and the whole transgender thing and well, let's uh, let's listen to it.
Speaker 3: It happened to one of my older boys where I was, I was essentially tricked into signing documents, uh, for one of my older boys, Xavier. This is before I had really any understanding what was going on, and we had coke COVID going on, and so there was a lot of confusion, and you know, I was told, oh, you know, Savor, I might commit suicide if.
Speaker 1: That was that was a lie right from the outset.
Speaker 3: Incredibly evil and I agree with you that people that have been promoting this should go to prison. So I was, I was straight into doing this.
Speaker 1: Recognize the voice of Jordan Peterson, so obviously he was talking to him. Let's roll on.
Speaker 3: It wasn't explained to me that puberty blocks are actually just sterilization drugs. So anyway, and so I lost my son essentially, So you know they they call it dead naming for a reason. Yeah, all right, so that the reason it's called dead naming is because your son is dead. So my son is Avior is dead, killed by the wolk mind virus.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, I can't imagine what that would be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and there's lots of people in that situation. Now, it's not pretty and lots of demolished kids.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well that's a good that's a good reason to be the final.
Speaker 3: Straw, right, So let's go about to destroy the work mind virus after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the play join the club. Yeah, the playbook is well known and well worn. You work on these kids forever, trying to convince them that it's the reason they're not happy is they're the wrong sex and they can change their sex. Then you tell the parents. If you don't do this, the kid will kill themselves.
Speaker 1: We mine virus is a good term.
Speaker 2: Are Strong and Getty.
Speaker 5: Odi telling the United States he is not happy about tariffs, are coosing up to Pakistan, Putin saying that he has a big friend, strong friend in China and g saying that we will continue to challenge US leadership around the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that big summit that's going on, and I specifically I want to just talk about China because I came across a couple of things over the weekend I thought were interesting and that horrifying, a little get together they're having there where they're making it clear that China, Russia, India, Iran, North Korea really want to change the world. They want to change the world to where the United States doesn't make all the rules anymore, the United States with Europe, and that era is over, and they might be right and not looking forward to it. For instance, I grew up, you grew up. Most of us a certain age grew up with the United States was the best at everything, biggest, fastest, and coolest, everything always right. The Empire State Building was the tallest building in the world, and just everything we did was the best. That went away over time, as inevitably a would happen. But I saw this bridge that China opened up over the weekend, the longest, highest expansion bridge in the world. It's stunning, this gorge it's over It's like building a bridge across the Grand Canyon. If you've ever been there, I mean, it's just amazing. And they drove I forget how many thousand semi trucks full of things on top of it to show how strong it is. I mean, because they didn't want people do immediately say okay, cool bridge, but will it fall down? I mean, and the point of it is and it took them like a year and a half or something. I mean. So the point is the sort of thing the United States used to be able to do, build the Empire, state building, and during the Great Depression in six months or whatever, that story is, look at what we just damn right, look what we just did. The United States can't do that anymore. And we can't because you'd try to build that bridge and a five years later you would get past some of the environmental hurdles before you'd even start the thing, and then it would take twenty five years and you still wouldn't have a bridge, and you would have cost five times as much as the original allotted money, and blah blah blah blah blah. We all know that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, China's argument is we're the effective people, and we'll be here tomorrow with more or less the same policies. So you want to do business.
Speaker 1: It's a little depressing and how true. It is is what bothers me. Then this different story just culturally, China rekindles wartime fury, stirring fears of anti japan hate. They're doing the same thing about the United States that they're doing with Japan, a series of World War II dramas about China's fight against Japan back in the day during World War Two. Today is the eightieth anniversary of the end of World War Two. We talked a couple of weeks ago about how Japan's role in World War Two is way under emphasized the number of people that they killed and were still killing, you know, the days we dropped the bombs just horrifying, and China was on the wrong end of that most of it. But anyway, One film called Dead to Rights, about Japan's nineteen thirty seven invasion of the Chinese city of Nanjing, follows a group of Chinese who smuggle out photographs and helped document the killing of tens of thousands of civilians, an event known as the Nanjing Massacre. During a showing of the movie in a theater, and actor dressed as a soldier shouts, and they're doing that this at all the theaters across the country. This reporter was just at this one theater. An actor dressed as a soldier walks on the stage and shouts at moviegoers the Japanese want to destroy our country and exterminate us. Will you let them? And then the audience rises up, actually stands up in the movie theater together, pumping their fists, no we will not, and start chanting various things. And they're doing that with movies about where a China defeats the United States in a couple of different made up movies, but everybody stands in cheers. They are really whipping up the nationalism anti US, anti China or anti Japan hate there while this getting together with North Korea, Iran, Russia, India thing is going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to be the most discouraging show in the history of the planet. But meanwhile we're teaching our children to hate their country and to believe that it probably ought to be torn down.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, that is an excellent point and depressing and the only example I can come up with it in world history. I keep asking people all the time, can you think of any other time when an empire of power all of a sudden decided to teach their kids to hate their own empire and country. When does that happen? But that's what we're doing in the United States while they're teaching over there in China. They're teaching their kids to love their country to the point of laying down their lives for it. And if they win, things are not going to be better here.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you if anybody has conducted that experiment, we are not going to hear about it because they were taken over and enslaved by somebody else, and all their stuff was taken and all their writings got burned because who cares their their losers?
Speaker 1: God. I saw a great video clip of Christopher Hitchins talking about this sort of thing. I wish Christopher Richins was still alive. He would be amazing on this woke stuff. But he was talking about this was back when we were all worried about terrorism and Islamo fascism, which we should still be worried about. But he was talking about the people that are on that side who call you an islamaphobe if you know, if you're worried about Muslim expres dreams and that sort of stuff, and he said they will open the door. They will hold the doors open for the barbarians. Barbarians never enter without somebody there holding the door open for them. And I thought that is really interesting, and that is what could happen here. You have the woketivists with the door open. Come on in China or Iran or whoever it is, with this weird belief that they'll be better than what they.
Speaker 2: Had, and because I help them, they'll treat me well. Right.
Speaker 1: The barbarians don't enter on their own. There's always somebody there holding the door open for them. That is some brilliant stuff on that topic. I didn't plan to talk about this, but it just popped into my head. I meant to first day of history class for my son public school.
Speaker 2: This is our last year of public school. First day history class.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll give them a pass for it being an excuse me day because that is my school career. Also, first day of lots of classes K through college. First day often was like, you know, find out the teacher's name, they hand out the syllabus, and you go home. But the two things they did do you had to fill out your form of your pronouns, tell the teacher what your pronouns are. The other thing was write out a land acknowledgment. We're holding this class on the land once belonged by the whoever the hell? Can you freaking believe that? Who stole it from the other what the hells? And raped their women and enslaved their men and children. They didn't point that out, but I actually actually sent the land acknowledgment stuff to our friend Tim Sandefer, who actually did the research on it. And yes, the very tribe that they're saying we stole it from them brutalized the tribes before that to the point that there's no historical record. They completely committed a genocide. Every man, woman and child was killed to take that land. But now the evil European or Americans or white people or whatever you're mad at, having taken the land from the Indians, after the Spanish whatever, they're the evil ones. Unbelievable, Absolutely unbelievable. I mean, this is craziness. Who I've asked this question before about land acknowledgments, because we've had a few of them in our lives. Who benefits? Is there one human being whose life is made even slightly better by land acknowledgment?
Speaker 2: No? No, you just no, you just continue to shove your philosophy down the throats of other people. I mean, so yeah, the progressives are helped by it. They get more submission, more obedience, more guilt, more self hatred, which is what they're getting, what they're going for. I'm telling you, I will spend the rest of my day's fighting this crap. It is so evil, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: And I'm wondering how I'm gonna deal with that out because my son decided, you know, I don't want to get in a fight with the teacher on day one it's American history class. I think there's just inevitable at this particular school and day in California schoo systems in their current view of running in what they're going to teach in American History class.
Speaker 2: Speaking here, Christopher Hitchins, have you ever read anything by his best friend Martin Amos?
Speaker 1: Have you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, number of things, legendary novelists, son of the legendary Kingston Amus. I guess, uh yeah. I always read fiction on vacation because I read nonfiction all day long when I'm not on vacation and I have no time just to read to enjoy life. It was work. First of all, that guy's vocabulary makes, I know, like William F. Buckley's he makes he makes George Will's vocabulary look like that of a not very bright seven year old. I had to look up one to two words virtually every page. Wow, virtually every page, Marty baby, Well, did you like it or enjoy it? You're just showing off, You're showing off if nobody knows the freaking word? What do you get out of using it?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Did I like it? I I did in a way.
Speaker 1: But I read his memoir, kind of a fictionalized memoir from a couple of years ago. I thought it was amazing, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked chat Gpt just before we left on vacation, recommend for me a great novel set in twentieth or twenty first century London. I want to be reading a novel about London while I'm in lond What was the name of this book? London Fields, London Fields. Okay, I don't think i've read that.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: It's a bear, it's a bit, it's a lot, it's it's a good deal.
Speaker 1: It's a long day. I've often thought I would like to have hung around the two guys when they were sitting at a bar drinking. But I have a feeling out A like laughed a couple of times because I think I'm supposed to laugh here, or if I don't understand what the hell they're talking about, right, I'm not smart enough to engage in conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, and that was one thing. The way the book is structured, because it is not a b trade, folks, it existed on a level that I mean, I've written some, but it's like the difference between dough, a deer, a female deer, and one of Beethoven's symphonies. I mean, how the f to you even think of that? Just the structure of it.
Speaker 1: I kept plowing my way through Ulysses on vacation. I'm at thirty one percent of the book, so I'm going to make it. But I'm only a third of the way through.
Speaker 2: And when you have, what will that prove?
Speaker 1: What will that? I'm loving it. I'm like, absolutely freaking loving it. Said it's probably the best thing I've ever read. I mean, it's just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard it's miserably difficult.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be still doing it if I wasn't just I can't wait to get back to it every day.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 2: I thought it was kind of dogged, Iowa farmer refusing to give up. But no, you're actually enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: No, I've put down many things that I thought were a waste of time in my life. I forgot to mention I didn't get this right. I thought I was wrong. The Nashville Hot Southern Fried chicken at Cracker Barrel that I wanted to order but I didn't order. My brother was playing the triangle thing with the pegs, and he said, yep, this is what the white people used while the slaves were working to entertain themselves. We're doing the whole woke thing. Yes, Cracker, but anyway, the Nashville Hot Southern Fried chicken, it's their signature Southern fried chicken with Nashville Hot sauce, sour dough bread with pickles, and buttermilk ranch. Twenty nine to ninety is the calories ten calories, shy. You put a little salt on there, you got three thousand calories for one plate of food. Barbil a little pad.
Speaker 2: Of butter on top of there. There you got your three.
Speaker 1: Three thousand calories for one plate of food. And Wow, Uncle Harold or whatever his name was on the sign, what are you trying to do to us? Wow?
Speaker 2: That's a big just stunning.
Speaker 1: That's a big meal. You order dessert with that? Okay, we will finish strong next.
Speaker 2: Amazon has a policy not to show ads for alcohol, which means there are no beer commercials during their football games. I don't know why Amazon does that, because drunk people are ordering stuff on Amazon is ninety percent of their business.
Speaker 1: Why would Amazon have a policy where you can't have beer ads during football games. I don't know. I'm shocked by that. That's not a puritanical thing. I don't think is it. Bezos doesn't strike me as that. It's not like it's Chick fil A and have a big political stance on something. Well, and that was ridiculous. Yeah, I don't know. I can't imagine. Huh, NFL kicks off Thursday yet, your normal Thursday night football, which I wish they didn't have. But and then you got Chiefs Chargers in Brazil on Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, wait Brazil, Brazil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten thousand mile road trip for both teams, which is going to be exhausting trying to get the NFL going in other countries. I guess, yeah, good luck with the league worldwide. Yeah, I don't know if that's going to happen because.
Speaker 2: They're not making enough money.
Speaker 1: By the way, we're just talking about reading, and this just reminded me something. So I'm fighting my way through Ulysses reading it and it really enjoying it. I tried to read it many times in my life and couldn't. It took me a while to build up through reading other stuff, the ability to read this. It's not at least for me anyway. But so I'm watching Woody Allen, the movie director, on Bill Maher's show where he's down in the basement drinking and smoking pot that one, and Woody Allen was on there. And Woody Allen kind of famously because he talks about it in his memoir he has never read a book. He doesn't like reading. He doesn't understand why anybody would enjoy it. And Bill Maher mentioned Ulysses, you know, the Great Gatsby, all these great books, and he said, I don't know, I don't care. I didn't like reading as a kid. He finally said, I've read a couple of books because I had to about movie making, because he's the only way against the information. But I hate reading and I have no interest in it. And Bill Maher and Woody Allen mentioned the greatest movies of all time, and Bill Maher said, see, I'm the same way as you the books. I've never seen any of those movies and I have no desire to, you know, the Seventh Samurai, the Bicycle Thief, Citizen Kane. Anytime you ever lists of the greatest movies of all time? Bill Maher had no, He's read all of the books that he mentioned, but hasn't seen any of the movies. And I just I'm just making the point. It's art. Different people like different things. It says nothing about you as a human being to have read or watched or not read or watched those things. In my opinion, it's just either like it, you don't, and you got your own things. In my opinion, I thought that was two funny funny that two really smart people both had a complete segment of famous art that they're like, screw it, I have no interest in that.
Speaker 2: Well, and it was opposite of each other. Yeah too, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that is that is intriguing to me. I don't know, I'll have to think about that or watch a movie about it.
Speaker 1: The thing I'm thinking about you, Liss is it's it's all set in one day if you don't know it, and it's a lot of interior dialogue, what's going on in the brain and.
Speaker 2: His his his.
Speaker 1: His ability to write down the way a human's mind works as you just walk down the street observing things and thinking about your life is freaking unbelievable. And going through the different characters throughout the day, it's just it's just it's shocking to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad nobody's done that about me. Well, what I think about as I walk down the street, yours is the.
Speaker 1: Same as everybody else's. That's what you figure out from this book. All the things that you're thinking as you walk down the street is the same as everybody else. And it's very interesting. Wow, she's hot. Yeah, there's a lot of that. Guy I think I need to be hot, there's a lot of that. I'm ready. There's a half of an entire chapter where he feels like, oh, I gotta go and he needs to find a bathroom, and then the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Sounds great.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts. Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Were down one today, but let's do it nonetheless. Michael Langelow lead us off, Michael.
Speaker 6: Jack, I love that story about you visiting your dad's schoolhouse, but I keep thinking that you got to hold this above your kids and say, you know, the next time you say the WiFi is out or complain, I'm gonna start telling you what my dad did exactly, or tell her that you're gonna adopt the Amish lifestyle.
Speaker 2: The fabulous Katie Green will be joining us once again tomorrow. Jack, you have a final thought for us?
Speaker 1: Am I? Or are other people lagging to themselves if they think about, like really simplifying their life? Not full Amish but pretty damn basic. Is that a lie I'm telling myself that I could do that and enjoy it? Or would I know? Would I enjoy it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, it's not a lie, not at all. Well, yeah, I didn't know anyway. My final thought is I really enjoyed being in England for a week, partly because it's really good for me to get out of my comfort zone and do completely different things in completely different places and not know how they're going to turn out keeps it from becoming too much of a creature of habit. So that was fun for me.
Speaker 1: I have a quote about that that I'm going to put in our One More Thing podcast Armstrong and Geddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed day drinking too. I'm gonna continue that. So many people, thanks so little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com for the hot lank strop us to note something we ought to be talking about. Send it along mail bag and I'm strong in getty dot com.
Speaker 1: Pick up a.
Speaker 2: Hoodie, it's gonna be chilly soon, an ang hoodie.
Speaker 1: Some developing stories. We'll have the latest on tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty. Time grow up, get serious.
Speaker 2: Kind of stop smoking is over.
Speaker 1: And out, jack a jar already. If you're not, I'm sorrying Getty. They'll be back on thoughts the news and if you don't listen, sir, you gotta have the
Speaker 2: Blue Armstrong and Getty