Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network. When you're ready, let's get it off. How's it going, everybody. Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday's three Pacific sixth Eastern, and Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley at Tenday and Pacific one Eastern. And it is a Thursday on this show. And you know what that means. It means I'm back from having a field day at Field Day and now I'm gonna have a field day with all of the news in pro wrestling, and we got a lot of it. Last night was the Dynamite Show, which was a great show with an awesome main event. I can tell you about that, building up the Rampage Show Friday, the Collision Show on Saturday, Forbidden Door in a week and a half or so on Sunday, and everything that went into the show last night. It's also busy weekend. SmackDown is tomorrow night, Rampage is tomorrow night with Will Ospray on the show, The Collision shows taking place on Saturday from Toronto. We have a lineup and look at the ticket sales thus far for that show. Have the lineup for Forbidden Door. Thus far only four matches officially announced, but there are others to come. And we've got to go Home show next Wednesday, and we've got a deal with ITV for Collision in the UK. Battle of the Belts will still be continuing on. Jimmy Jacobs has joined AW as a writer, so a lot of stuff aw wise to talk about here today. I'm going to presume that Mike Simperbb did the NXT report yesterday. If not, I will be very disappointed and I will have to do it myself. Otherwise, we'll just talk about the NXT ratings because Vine and I will be reviewing a w NXT for ninety minutes tonight on the Brighton Vidy show Wrestling Observer dot com, So sign up for that and more as next week. We will begin every Tuesday twenty one years ago and n W A t n A. What a journey that's gonna be. Sign up for that and we'll get into all of the news and when we come back from the break. Wrestling Observer livea begging the show. Bryan Alberrez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simberbebi, also of Wrestling Observer dot Com, had a lot to get into here today. Tomorrow there is a seam Punk interview on ESPN that's going to be out and well, we'll talk about it tomorrow. But it was pre taped and it was the talk of the locker room last night, and I obviously have not seen it yet. But what I can tell you about that interview is that if you think that perhaps all of this strife and dis divisiveness in the locker room has been cleared up after that interview, well it's not so. Anyway. We can all look forward to that tomorrow. All right, Well, we got a lot coming up over the next couple of days, and I'll get smacked Don out of the way first, because most of the news today pertains to aw We have got smacked down Tomorrow night with the return of Roman Reigns, AJ Styles and meechin versus Carrion Cross and Scarlet. We have a gauntlet match to determine the number one contenders of the undisputed tag team titles. Lwa O Brawling Brutes, Pretty Deadly Street profits Gallows and Anderson. We have the Grayson Waller effect with Charlotte Flair and Zelina Vega is going to face EO Sky. So that's SmackDown on Friday Night. The rest of the weekend is mostly aw. We have got Rampage, we have got the debut of Collision, and then in a week we've got the Forbidden Door Show. So the Rampage Show as will Ospray, Jeff Cobb and Kyle Fletcher against Trent Bretta, Chuck Taylor and Rocky Romero. Yes, we are getting the match Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal and Karen Jarrett versus Mark Briscoe, Papa Briscoe and Aubrey Edwards. So it is not Sanjay that is in there to oppose Papa Briscoe. It's Jared and Jay Lethal and Karen Jarrett again, Mark, Papa and Aubrey. That's the match tomorrow. And then we have Takeshta versus Bendido with that absolutely disgusting, despicable Don Kallus there in the corner of Takeshta who is now known as l Eho Dave Don Kallus, and we have Taya Valkyrie and Trish Adora that is the rampage lineup for Friday, and then Saturday is the debut of Collision aw Collision Debuts. We have the return of Miro. He will be in Action. We have the return of Andrade. He will be facing Buddy Matthews. We have Skyblue and Willow Nightingale against Tony Storm and Ruby Soho. We have Wardlow defending the T and T title against Lucasaurus. We have the return of CM Punk and cm Punk stated last night on the show in a pre tape that he has a lot of stuff to get off his chest. He's going to have a live mic and that sounds like a lot of fun, is what that sounds like. So anyway, that's the lineup there. Mike, what are you watching?
Speaker 2: I'm watching you just, you know, with bile on your in your mouth right now, trying not to talk about Cmpunk.
Speaker 1: I got no bile at all, and I got nothing add I haven't seen the interview.
Speaker 2: A lot of fun, it should shouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, let me think about it. Seem Punk with a live mic on Collision. You don't think that's gonna be a lot of fun. It is gonna be a lot of fun. It may be a lot of fun, or it may be a lot of fun, but one with the other, it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: So Rampage is probably gonna be a lot of fun too. I don't know how many people are gonna watch it, but when you look at United Empire and that matchup with best Friends and Rocky, that's going to be really good, Takesha and Bandido, it's hard not to believe that that's going to be good. I'm disappointed a little bit with that sixth Man or the sixth person with Papa Briscoe and Karen Jarrett in it. They were right here in the area. Again, if something would have been good for down the Farm, I would love to see Karen Jarrett down on the farm. But they decided to go with a match in the ring, and that ought to be fun no matter what. And Tyan Trish, you know, Trish has been around for a while. I don't know. I don't think they ever wrestled before. I could be wrong about that. So that's going to be interesting too. Again with Collision taking place, and with SmackDown happening, with the ESPN interview with Punk happening. I don't know. Again, if rampage is going to get any traction this week. It was down to its lowest point last week. But on paper again, it's a fun show.
Speaker 1: All right. Chicago United Center, June seventeenth. This is Russell Ticks as of four days ago, so I don't know the eight is, but they've.
Speaker 2: Got eighty three eighty three out.
Speaker 1: As of a few days ago. It is set up for ten thy two fourteen. They got eighteen hundred tickets left, so that is the Collision debut. And then Russell Ticks has next week's show as well, which is from Toronto, and that show is set up for thirty four to forty five and they've got two one hundred tickets out, so they got a lot of tickets to sell for next week's Collision show. And I presume that they'll shoot a lot of angles on Saturday U and we'll go from there. Yes, the Hamilton show is still under one thousand. Tickets for Collision under a thousand, so they got to sell a bunch of tickets for that one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, might have to learn a lesson from this one. You know, Toronto two shows back to back. Then you're barely down the street in Hamilton for two shows.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think maybe the intentions were there, I guess, but obviously hindsight, being twenty twenty, it was probably the wrong move to stack all those shows that close together in that close proximity.
Speaker 1: We have also got a deal for the UK. AW sources confirmed deal has been reached for collisiond air in the UK market on Wednesday nights ITV four. First episode taking place Saturday in Chicago, air on ITB four on June twenty. First timeslot not confirmed past at least some of the shows will air at nine pm. AW did not confirm the nature of the timeslot past it would be Wednesday nights. Dynamite and Rampage both there on the station in revolving time slots on Friday and Tuesday. Dynamite usually airs at nine, but often airs later in a timeslot that revolves. Rampage usually airs after eleven in a timeslot that changes.
Speaker 2: By the week.
Speaker 1: Live commercial free airings of Collision will be part of the AW Plus subscription package on Fight, which is available in most countries throughout the world, with the exception of markets where there is a local live rights owner such as T and T in the US and in Canada. Where it's going to stream on TSN Plus and not air on television. That's the latest on the television deals for Collision. And Tony Kann also did an interview and this was with Post Wrestling, and he announced Battle of the Belts will continue. They will live on despite the debut of the new weekly Collision show. It says here, So obviously what that's going to mean is, you know, there are gonna be some weeks where we have two hours of Dynamite, an hour of Rampage followed by an hour of Battle of the Belts and then two hours of Collision on Saturday. That's a lot of stuff every week. And we had a discussion last night about Battle of the Belts. And I'm certainly not saying that you shouldn't do Battle of the Belts, but Battle of the Belts is kind of funny because if you watch Dynamite, like many many times, there have been significantly more championship matches on an episode of Dynamite then on an episode that same month of Battle of the Belts. So Battle of the Belts, I mean, it's just an extra show. And as we noted yesterday, I believe there have now been six Battle of the Belts shows, and in all of that time, there have only been two title changes. One of them was when Cody got hurt and they did an interim title match with Dustin and Sammy, which Sammy won to win the TNT title, and then later he lost the title and won it back at a Battle of the Belt. So in all of these episodes they've only had two title changes, and given the number of titles that they have, I mean, you don't really want to promise this, but I would do a title change on every single Battle of the Belts you got, like what nine belts or whatever if you count the a w Ring of Honor, whatever new Japan titles are there. I mean, there should be a championship title change on every single Battle of the Belts because otherwise it's it's an extra show. Back in a moment with more Observer Live back of the show. Brain Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper VB, also of Wrestling Observer dot com. Did you did you review NXT yesterday? Mike? When I wasn't here, I did, all right, just checking you even I don't want to short change the listeners.
Speaker 2: Here, No, I don't think we need any more reviews of you know, kor jaide or did.
Speaker 1: You talk about how how poor Rocks animals got killed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I did mention that I had to bring that up. Look brutal. That's the one thing coming out of that show. If you have a positive moving forward when it comes to the NXT women's division, the two best women they probably have and b Priestley and what's what's her name Blair Davenport and Roxy and Perez. Thank god they're going to be working together all right.
Speaker 1: Well, the show did five hundred and eighty one thousand viewers, down five point five percent from last week. Those audiences May twenty third, eighteen to forty nine, eighth on Cable point one six, aired head to head with the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, which did two point five million viewers in a point seven nine.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Vegas, lous.
Speaker 1: A lot of women eighteen to forty nine. But uh yeah, these now, these women are real hit and miss on this the show. I've noticed.
Speaker 2: That's a Nick Con. Somebody needs to ask Nick Con about that. By the way, Brian, did you know that NXT was put on because of COVID ruining things on TV? And that's why they had to go ahead and put the show on in prime time and then USA loved it.
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's as Nick Con looks to possibly pump up nxt is the third brand. You never know what he's going to say.
Speaker 1: You know, I like this Nick Con because man, oh man, what a guy.
Speaker 2: It's almost like he was a slimy Hollywood agent type.
Speaker 1: What he is is a guy who is hired for a job and he gives it his all. I got respect for a guy like that. That's well, he just gives it his all. But you know what, you know, he's uh, he's got ideas. I mean, look at look at there's a lot of reasons for everything, but look at look at WWE business since they brought on Nick Con. Absolutely, I mean it's Nick Con. It's Vince not booking this crap anymore. I mean, yeah, it's not perfect, but it's it's miles and miles better, and the talent's all happier, and they're getting like lots of big sponsorship deals. I mean, they're getting big sponsors deals, they're selling tons of merch and you know, there's obviously an id here with NXTAM, which is let's not push this as this developmental group, which it is. But you know, we've got main roster people showing up their Los Lithario's are there and seth Rawlins is going to wrestle for the world title on NXT next Tuesday. Why well, it's time to sign a renewal. And you don't go to sign a renewal and have a show that's sinking. You have a show where if you look at the entire television landscape, with the exception of a number of shows, you encount on one hand all declining year over year. And then you've got RAW, you've got SmackDown, and you've got NXT. And meanwhile, I have people are arguing that, you know, it's actually not hot right now, it's really not. Actually it is hot. It's really hot. It's the hottest it's been in decades. And NXT this show this week, which you know, it didn't do the greatest number or anything like that, but what is important is it's eighteen to forty nine was up thirty three percent year over year. Find me another show you know where the eighteen to forty nine is up thirty three percent year over year. You want to look at raw what it's up year over year. You want to look at SmackDown what it's up year over year. They're all up year over year. Uh, and they're going to get that one point five times renewal and maybe even more. I mean, this guy's not an idiot, you know, And I think that if he thinks they're gonna get if he thinks, listen, for sure, we're gonna get one point five, we might be able to get two. You don't say two because it might get one point five. Then the stock crashes. Everybody's all angry, but you say, you know what, I think we can get one point five comes in at one point eight, stock market right up for your This guy knows what he's doing. He's a smart guy, and they got a lot of smart people working there right now. Regardless of what you might think about some finishes or two.
Speaker 2: He knew the landscape and he was a perfect person to work with Vince and Vince I think knew that. And when he went and got the oh what were their names, I can't even remember their names now, that were pushed out and then came back in on the board. They were the ones who set up the WWE network. And all that sort of stuff. But you know, with talked about it yesterday with FX as far as if they were to get it, you know, to me, it's not the best move in the world. But when you.
Speaker 1: Take Wilson and Barrios.
Speaker 2: Wilson and Bardim, Yeah, that's right, Michelle Wilson and George Barrios. When you take WWE programming off of USA, what would their numbers be on average for USA? You know, you take that stuff off of there, you take the Bella shows off, you take that stuff off of I and BROB and if you're somebody else, you're looking at that and it's like that can easily boost you up. I mean, and he knows this. Now, would it be a good move to go to, say in Amazon, which he loves bringing up. Probably not know, but he needs that chip when you have all these pieces trying to play against each other and you're trying to play him against each other. We're seeing this in India now because there's the renewed interest there because their TV deals are going to be up. They're going on tour there. Not sure if the German deal is up or not, but obviously they announced a tour for over there. As well too. So Nick con is you know of people that will never make it in the WWE Hall of Fame, but probably should. He's going to be one of them because he is their best friend in the whole wide world. Dealing with the media, it used to be Bonnie Hammer over at NBC Universal and the person that ran USA for so long she belongs in too. But the way Nick Khn is able to play all of these groups, and the reputation and respect he has in those types of circles, whether it be ESPN or whether it be in the you know, in the movie field or in the age inning field. You know, he seems to have it all over the place.
Speaker 1: A couple of text messages here and we'll do dynamite after the break, this person says, and I agree with this. Well, there's two ways to do it, he says. Ali needs to announce time calls. The second I heard it randomly called in last night's match, I knew immediately it would be a time limit draw with one hundred percent certainty. I know I'm in the minority, but it took me right out of it. We need more time limit draws in general. If they don't want to do dqus Well. I think they need to do one of two things. They need to either do what New Japan does, which is you do the call in every match. It doesn't matter the match. You're gonna do the time calls at ten minute intervals or whatever in every single match, okay. Or you never do an announcement of the time. You only will start the match and go there is a thirty minute time limit, and then do not make a time call. If you normally do not do time calls and then you randomly do a time call, you are alerting people that we are going to the time limit draws. So these are your two options. Either never mention it, with the exception of the ring announcer says you know this is a thirty minute time limit. Or every match Wardlow, Jade Cargill, Young Bucks, you make a time call every ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Only for championship matches or big matches. I mean you could do that if you wanted to split the difference, and you don't have to give constant time calls. The only one you really need to give is five minutes. I always remember Tom Miller on the old NWA broadcast five minutes like just that for that type of match, because then it reminds everybody, Okay, we are getting towards the end here, and maybe some people think that's giving it away. If they would have said five minutes or did a count down last night, it would have given something away. I don't believe that would have been the case, but I think reminding people of that, you know, doing something, is not the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Versus my prediction for Collision, they do a hype video and playing Punk is going to say something about the press conference, Elite, etc. But it'll be Punk getting on the mic after the match and he's immediately laid out by Kenta before he can say anything. Well, the one thing I will say is if they're advertising that CM Punk and literally that's what they were advertising last night, CM Punk has something he needs to get off of his chest. If you're advertising that multiple times during Dynamite, Tony is not going to have him come out and not talk. I mean, he's just not what he does. So he is going to do a promo. He could get laid out after the promo, but I think that he is going to do a promo. You do not want to bait and switch something on the very first episode of Collision. You do not whatever you advertise you need to deliver and more.
Speaker 2: No, of course, and let's be real honest here, I don't We'll see what happens with this ESPN interview, but like to act as though he went out there with no aw supervision. They didn't have any chance to monitor what was taking place and what was said after supposedly NDAs were sent out, like it's gonna be blurring. Everybody's worked themselves up into this big tizzy, and it's like, you know, I don't think it's going to change anybody's mind if you'd like him, if you don't like him, But the whole thing is being set up to drive eyeballs to that show, and of course giving him a live mic is going to probably be the highest rated portion of that show, whether you like him or not. So you know, I just there's already rumors that he, you know, threw things at Kenta in the ESPN interview. So it's like, you knows how much of this is real, how much of it is nonsense? I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Oh, alrighty, what else do we have here? Let's see number of years ago? Is this true? This has nothing to do with anything, but it's interesting to me. Number of years ago Metallica played inside a clear dome in Antarctica. It's your knowledge. Has anyone done something similar but in the pro wrestling world? No, well certainly not an Antarctica.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But has anyone ever done a show.
Speaker 2: Like in a boggle dome?
Speaker 1: Well, they got that new big ball in Vegas, the Big Black Ball. I guess people are gonna do stuff in there, Like, what's that all about? Dude, who came up with that idea? I got an idea for a new arena. It'll be a giant black ball. Oh man, that's a really cool idea. Let's build it kind of way they go. Anyway back in the moment, it was over life. Alrighty, let's do this Dynamite report because there's a lot to talk about. MJF. Adam Cole in a title eliminator, which is noted. Everyone thought this was going to go, you know, Adam Cole winning and sitting up the match, but they did not. They did a thirty minute draw and it was a great match. They had all sorts of all sorts of you know what's funny about it is, I mean anybody here think that this is the end of this feud, raise your hand, nobody. Okay, Well, I watched this match, and sometimes you see a match and you know that they're going to build to a second match, and so you can see that they hold this back or they hold that back because they're saving something for the next They did not do that here. I mean they did everything in this match, not the least of which was MGF doing a flying elbow off the post through a table outside, which by the way, looked like he crushed this poor bloke. And we had.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Dave was so upset about. Like, to me, taking a move on the apron is far worse than what MJF did, considering he landed right in the middle of coal just crushed him.
Speaker 1: We hit the sunrise, there was a tombstone on the apron, there was the cross arm on the apron. Everything. I mean it was yeah, the cross arm, German on the apron, everything. And they had a great Eddie Guerrero spot at the end where you know, MGF tried to throw the belt and take a bump, but then the rev actually didn't wake up and he realized I just gave this guy the belt. Then Cole whacked him and hit the boom, and MGF still kicked out, and finally he hit the Sunrise and the boom and the bell rang for the time limit draw, and then Coal wanted five more minutes. MGF responds by sliding out of the ring heading to the back. He refuses to give him his second match. So given that it's going to be MGF in Tanahashi at Forbidden Door, and they don't have another pay per view until either the end of August or September, whichever one they're gonna do their match on, I would presume that this is a way to kind of hold that off for a while, because this is either to me gonna be the Wembley main event or one of the Wembley main events, or the all out main event, either all out or all in. I think it's going to be this championship match, so we got time do something in the meantime. Then we add a Sammy interview, which is funny because you know there's another one. People tell me Sammy's not going babyface, it's just for this feud. No, Sammy's going babyface. That's been the plan for well over a month now, and you know he was doing babyface promos. Everything he was doing was babyface and he's still getting booed, although they're trying to convince you to cheer him. Is what they are doing, and part of that is Jericho coming out and going full heel. Didn't let the people sing a song, had it cut off, and long story short, he and Sammy had a big argument and they agreed to do a tag match. It's gonna be Darby and Sting versus Chris Jericho and Sammy Gavara next week on the show, which is a big match. They played up Jericho and Sting. It's a real big deal. What is Sammy going to do? Is he going to go full babyface here? When's the split going to happen? But that's the direction here. Sammy is a babyface. Had the Mogul Embassy against Sting, Darby, Orange Cassidy and Keith Lee and there was this was a bowling shoe at points.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But they let Sting work with anybody other than swerve. Do not put toe and your Sting. It's what I said yesterday. Scares me well.
Speaker 1: Sting and Toa got in there together and they didn't know what they were doing, but they both lived. And then Cage went for the F five orange hit, the punch, sting hit, the death drop pinned him, huge pop for the finish. And you know, there'd been rumors that the first episode of Collision was going to be finally, finally Swerve versus Keith Lee, and there is no indication that that is going to happen. I don't think this match is ever going to happen. I think this is a rib by Tony Khan. I think it's never happening. We're never gonna see it.
Speaker 2: I'm good with it at this point. Just let it slide away and die. It's kind of like Cage's space paint. I don't know about that. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Then we had Austin and Colton doing a promo challenging the Hardies to determine who's the best brother tag team in all of AAA.
Speaker 2: After their interplay together on that promo, I'm saying it's the Guns right now. They should be Bullet Club. I hope they are.
Speaker 1: Then we had Wardlow and Jake Hager. You know, I heard a lot of people didn't like this match. I thought it was fine, you know, it was short, and then you know, Angelo and Matt Menard came out and brought an Arn ran him to the back, and then Wardlow hit the power bomb Symphony one and then Christian luchsorts Beard on the big screen. Christian said, luch Sorts accepts your challenge for this coming Saturday. But what are you gonna do when your new daddy isn't there to save you? And they lower the camera and Arn is covered in blood, been beaten.
Speaker 2: We had tan of Hashi, not beaten, bludgeoned, bludgeoned in the head.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tanashi does a promo. It says, last year, I came this close to beating Moxley. This year I won MGF one on one. So Rene goes to interview Max and he says, I am not defending my title against some dude from a Rinky Dink promotion in Japan. If Tony tries to book this match would not be the first time that I know showed a booking. And so between that and the Adam Cole thing and the fact that they noted that he has been champion, I forget how long they said. I remember, it's like what eight nine months or something like that, and he's defended the title three times. I mean, what's clearly going to happen here is you know, Tony's gonna have to announce that you either, you know, give Adam Cole another shot, another uh, you know whatever, they call it title eliminator, and you defend the title against Tanahashi at Forbidden Door or you will be stripped of the title. I think they're gonna have to do storyline like that.
Speaker 2: Well, with Cole, you have time, you know, you have plenty of time before August or September for him to fight back or get that match. I think when you want to pull out that since there's no thirty day rule, but you put out that hole, you are going to show up. It should be for this match with Tanahashi.
Speaker 1: We had Orange Cassidy being interviewed when Zach Saber Junior showed up. You know what, I don't like to go on my high horse here, but you know who's a big hossible man lately is Zach Saber Junior. He's not a skinny chicken chest anymore. And you know what I have not heard one time in the last year or so since he bulked up. You know what I haven't heard one time. I haven't heard one time. You know, I sure don't like his matches anymore because it just doesn't work unless he's a skelet.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard one time, not one. Just go back and apologize for always saying that stuff about him, because now you sound like the people that talk about.
Speaker 1: This is revisionist history, Mike, because it was Juice Robinson. Juice Robinson ridiculed him for being a chicken chest, not me, Juice Robinson. So don't take this out on me like everybody else tries to do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he shows up and then Garcia is there, and long story short, next week it is going to be Orange Cassidy and Katsiori Shibata against Zach Saber Junior and Daniel Garcia. That's a wacky match. I like it, yes, And do you know what was? I thought for the time they had a great match, And I still believe other people have said there was an Athena match, But I see this as the best sky Blue match I've ever seen. It was Tony Storm and sky Blue, And granted as a fair man, the sky.
Speaker 2: Blue is the Corra Jade that Brian wants to have. The's he wants to be.
Speaker 1: Even start this thing here. But the match the four way that they had to determine who would face Tony Storm. Even Jim Ross called that bowling shoe ugly. So Sky had something to prove here and Tony Storm was great and this was an excellently booked match and Tony got the win. I mean, the best spot was when Tony Ruby takes the ref. Tony gets a spray bottle. She sneaks in, but Sky Blue has her own spray bottle. She sprays Tony. Tony does a deal where you run in place and shake your head like Brandon Cuttler. She's being sprayed and then she's being sprayed. She tosses her can. The can flies into the air right across from the hard camp. You see all these fans reaching up to grab it, some guy catching the places going nuts. Sky Blue hits a Storm zero, but the RAF is still distracted and it's an easy pin, but then she goes after Ruby turns around. Tony hits her with Storm zero, but Sky kicks out and then Sky puts her or Tony puts her in the sharpshooter submits her. That was a great match. That really was a great match.
Speaker 2: Make sure you do something with sky because how that thing was booked, it was done really really well. Now follow up with her. I hope she's ready and ready to be in that position because they did a great job and I don't think Tony could have given her anymore.
Speaker 1: Now everyone's having to talk about this, this this feud between Corra Jade and Skyblue. What you want me to take sides? Kind of a journalist?
Speaker 2: Would I be.
Speaker 1: Jungle Boy and Hooked at a promo? Or as I like to call them, hook boy and uh and man, poor hook jungle Boy says, you know you're not just my tag partner, You're my best friend. And I'm gonna accept this match against Sonata for the IWGP title, And it would mean so much to me, everything to me, if you could just be in my corner for that match.
Speaker 2: Man, even if he's being sincere, he's a heel to me.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, guys, nobody ever listens to me, but Jungle Boy is a heel. Is gonna be incredible. He's gonna be an incredible heel. It's gonna turn his career around, mark my words. Then we had BCC against the Bucks and Hangman. Thismatch was great. They only got about eleven minutes. If they would have gotten more time, it would have been even better. But you know, they brawled at the beginning, they did the big comeback and then they really the only thing was missing would have been a longer period with the BCC just murdering dudes. And so they do all their big spots there at the end, and finally the Bucks hit the BTE trigger on poor Ayuda. Hangman hits the buck shot. They get the pin and then the Heels go after the baby faces after the match, and they're beating them down and who should come down to the ring, but they're returning Eddie Kingston. He goes face to face with Claudio. The fans are going nuts with Eddie Chance he ends up wiping him out, but he turns around, he's face to face with mox League in Matt jumps Moxley. Moxley pops up. He goes back face to face with Kingston. So they have not split. They're old friends, but umpthing's up. They don't agree with what the other is doing. And then Takeshta hits the ring massive booze to the point where you know there were people. You know that thing on your phone that tells you if the decibels are too loud or whatever. People's gimmick went off as him and Callous are coming down to the ring and then Omega's music hits. He goes after Takeshta, Elite attacks Ta Keshta.
Speaker 2: They all hit.
Speaker 1: Pascado's to the outside, Kenny hits his v trigger. Everyone's going nuts, but man, Kenny turns around and he's super kicked by will Ospray and will Ospray hits him with the hidden Blade, the storm Breaker, another hidden Blade. This segment was awesome. You built up so many great things in this for future Dynamite shows. For Forbidden Door, I mean, man, that was a home run segment and a great show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think it was perfect, but I like the closing segment. It was a lot of chaos. Was a lot going on, and Takeshta's there and now Kingston's there and Osprey's there and all that stuff. But I mean, I to me, it worked, and if you're an aw fan, I think it worked. If you're the casual watching, okay, it's like every other show that you turn on late and there's chaos happening, and maybe you want to rewind and find out more of what's going on. But I thought it was very good. People comparing it to impact and doing that sort of stuff. I mean, if that's what you thought, cool. I just don't think that this this actually, you know, reached anywhere nearer.
Speaker 1: I will tell you why after the break that this wasn't TNA.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of reasons why.
Speaker 1: Back in a moment, it was overlive Gonna Show. Bryin Elberrez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Sippervd also Wrestling Observer dot Com. This is my This is my TNA litmus test for these angles. Okay, I've been uh doing this for a long long time, and before I did what you're watching right now, I wrote a newsletter for a long long time. I have written millions of words in my lifetime. And the point is I can type really fast. Okay, if I'm watching an angle and I cannot type fast enough to recap everything that's going on, and I have to pause and or rewind too much stuff is going on, that is my litmus test. It happened all the time in TNA. It's like I can't keep up like I can't recap everything typing, okay, and you know where you know where else it happens NXTA, it happens fairly regularly in xt But you know, if I see an angle and a lot of stuff happens, but I can very easily recap everything without evying to stop and rewind. That's a good angle because that means that everything that happened there is time to breathe. There is time for it to register in your brain as to what's going on. Whereas when when it happens too fast for me to type what's going on, it's like, no way when you're watching it, or you gonna remember everything that happened, or if you can remember, will it all be meaningful? You've got to let things breathe. And that's exactly what they did last night. It was perfectly timed. There was a lot that happened at the very end of the show with some blow going fey fifteen, and they got it all in just like happens on this show every day. You guys don't hear, but dom's my air going hey fifteen, And then I go, that's it, everybody. We'll talk to you again after a while and I hit my cue. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network