Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you.
Speaker 1: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, and we hope you had a wonderful President's Day weekend. If you live in the United States. If we do have people that live in Canada, you're.
Speaker 1: Also President's Day. Some people work and some people don't. So it's kind of like you have to work because you get all the emails and stuff from the people working, like they sometimes say sorry to email today, but whatever. You know, what is amazing there's always so much Gilmore news. Like when we first started this, I pretty much knew it would be filled with headlines, but like there's always.
Speaker 2: So much there is. And that's because our Gilmore Girls cast is still around in the sense of like they're working, they are in the news, they are doing the thing.
Speaker 1: Yep. So speaking of this is about Melissa McCarthy. But on the View, Okay, So Lorraine Newman was on Saturday Night Live. She was on the View with Leslie Jones and Julia Sweeney, so I know Julia Sweeney played Pat. I can't remember what Lorraine Newman was famous for, but I think keep me honest. Lorraine Newman's daughter is the star of Hacks. Not Jean Smart obviously, but the other girl. Someone check that, but I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll check that right now.
Speaker 1: And people get mad that we don't know everything before we come on. I saw some to Gram messages about that, and look, we can't know everything. Sometimes our brains just think of things while we're doing the show, so sometimes we have to look things up. But guess what, that's okay, Yeah, Hannah Einbeinder, I don't want to say her name wrong.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 1: The star of Hacks and her mom is Loraine Newman. So anyway, Lorraine Newman is talking about when they were doing a sketch with Melissa, and this might have been when they were in the Groundlings, that Melissa was so funny that another actor like peede their pants.
Speaker 2: That does not surprise me for one second. Even Scott said that that like the working with Melissa, she is physical comedy like she The way that she played Suki was so hilarious, and he even said that sometimes it was hard to get through her scenes when he was actually in a sea with her because she's so funny.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's so that's funny because that was just so in her early days. And then Leslie Jones said, I always broke because I love to laugh. I would always get the worst comments like, oh, can't you be professional? And then she said, I'm like, you have Melissa McCarthy and Cecily Strong doing crazy stuff. Melissa told me before we did a sketch, I'm gonna break you, bitch, but nobody revealed who feed their pants.
Speaker 2: I feel like, between Melissa McCarthy and Amy Schumer, if I was a professional professional actress, I don't know if I could hold my own against them like they are.
Speaker 1: So. I think Amy Schumer is hilarious in her stand up. I did try to watch that new movie. Did you watch it?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, almost pregnant, kind of pregnant. I think it, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Almost pregnant. I'm having a harder time, but I might finish it.
Speaker 2: But good ole uh train wreck. That's what I like her.
Speaker 1: Stand up better than even any of her movies.
Speaker 2: Fair enough.
Speaker 1: Bridesmaids was hilarious, though not that Amy Shumer's and bridesmid But back to Melissa McCarthy, that was like where I was like, Melissa McCarthy is so legit. Oh my god, that's scene the diary. Yes, I mean, so this is old Melissa McCarthy, whose we never covered.
Speaker 2: I know she attended the Golden Globes, but back in January with her husband Ben Falcone, who we love and I love their relationship together and how they always find a way to work with each other. But we saw in the news this week that the photo of them on the red carpet was recirculating, and maybe.
Speaker 1: We didn't do it because we have the fires we might have gotten distracting from the Golden Globes. That could have happened.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough, But she was wearing this like bright pink jumpsuit with this like it's not feather ruffle ruffle, yeah, fully cape. That was Honestly, that is not an easy look to pull off, and I would argue she pulled it off.
Speaker 1: Yes. My thing with this outfit is it looks heavy, and I can't wear heavy clothes because that cape must be heavy heavy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ben looks great too with that like dapper very and shirt. Okay, yeah, really dapper. But it took them fifteen minutes to get into the car with that cape.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm surprised, not more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although in a big suv might be able to pull it off.
Speaker 2: Have you seen you Probably haven't because this isn't your niche. But on keeping up with Kardashians, Kim was going to the met Gala one year here and they rented a sprinter and she had a stand up the whole way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, was this the Marilyn Monroe dress.
Speaker 2: Yes, she got a lot of grief for that try, and she did get a lot of agreef for it. But like I would imagine something like this, how do you sit down in that ruffley cape?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it looks doable compared to Kim's thing. But I would never stand up in a car that seems so dangerous. It does, like I feel like we're that that's too dangerous, or I'd have to get dressed like there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I mean, it gets you a little cubical non cubical little hole in the wall somewhere on.
Speaker 1: Booth like Superman. That's all I need. I can get dressed in the car easily, but maybe not that dressed. But like I can get dressed so fast anywhere easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, me too.
Speaker 1: This is a good one, which I'm sure a lot of people saw this. The one hundred greatest TV Performances of the twenty first century. A new list came out. Kelly Bishop was ranked ninety fifth as Emily Gilmore. And I'm sorry, but one hundred greatest TV performances, Like, just to make that list.
Speaker 2: Is so huge, that's like massive, this is this is pretty massive. And Emily Gilmore is going to hold a special place in my heart for a long time. I've said it and I will say it again. She was the Gilmore girl for me. I know that was Lorelai to you, but for me, Emily was was it.
Speaker 1: I can respect that. WHOA Okay, so here comes the hundred. So let's scan it and say who we agree with.
Speaker 2: We don't read all hundred, so okay, we got to read one hundred.
Speaker 1: Should read one hundred things?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm saying number one hundred. Oh, number one hundred is Jeremy Allen White for his role as Carmen and the Bear. And it was he is he is so good. But let we can keep let's keep scanning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are going to want to know more, Okay, Yellowstone, Riley, Oh, Ted Lasso, Brett Goldstein, maybe we can do all hundred. No, let's do it at the end. It's too boring for people to listen to one hundred. Here's what we're going to do. I have an idea. I have an idea at the end of this. If you want to know all one hundred, we'll read them to you so fast at the end.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but keep listening to the news in the meantime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the meantime, we won't bore those that wish not to hear one through one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those that do scan it for you.
Speaker 2: I do want us to each guests who's number one.
Speaker 1: It's going to be something that I'm not like crazy about. It's going to be like Sopranos or something Gandelfeini because I just never watched it.
Speaker 2: You know. Do you think when I said this, I was already at number one, so I can't play the game, but I was dating it. Well, I don't know was expecting this is us?
Speaker 1: I was no way, no way, no chance, nope.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So we'll tell you when we can read the list. Okay, So have you heard about this talk going around that is the serial killer of Dean Like Dean. It re edits Gilmore Girl's clips to make it look like Dean is a serial killer in a horror movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I saw this and I love it. There is a very dexter quality to Dean, and you don't notice it until you will watch that talk how kind of scary?
Speaker 1: This edit is so funny. So I learned about it. I didn't know about it, but I saw in US magazine. You know Lindsay Aeriel Cabell. Yeah, she said, uh, she's living for the serial killer edit of Dean. She says, my favorite thing that I saw. I can't remember his TikTok or Instagram, but somebody made a horror film edit, like if Dean was a serial killer. I live for it. I would make that horror film with Lindsay as the detective on the case. I mean, it is pretty funny, it's pretty it's pretty clever.
Speaker 2: So you know what we're gonna do because you everyone needs to watch it because it's kind of that funny and you don't really realize how kind of creepy Dean is. I think we all knew it, but then you really, really really do see it. So Jackie and Emma are producers please put this in our Instagram stories when this episode drops. That way everyone can can take a look because it is. It's good.
Speaker 1: So if you do not think Dean is creepy.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's kind of creepy, I don't think this is evidence.
Speaker 1: It's a nice edit. You can make anything look how you want it to look. Oh man, it's a funny, funny thing.
Speaker 2: A downfall. I really like Dean in the beginning, and I just went.
Speaker 1: God, we could do a whole analyzing of the of the boys.
Speaker 2: Deangan, Jess Jess Who's perfect?
Speaker 1: Ah? Perfect?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Uh? Lane Keiko was on the Australian Today show That's Big Yeah. Here are some of the highlights. She agrees with fans a little bit on Lane's ending, but she deserved a better ending than just getting married and having twins so young, and that music should have been part of her life more in the later years. Looking back, she has so much appreciation for the show. She didn't realize it then. But Gilmore Girls is the gift that keeps on giving. I mean, gosh, is that true? I mean it just keeps going and going and going and going and going. She says she meets people every day that are so watching Hello, thank you Kay. She enjoys enjoys a trip down Stars Hall. She enjoys a trip down stars Hollowland. It's relaxing in a great way to unplug. And everybody knew that Adam Brody was going to be something she said and this is the quote that kid drips charisma.
Speaker 2: Am I right to be macin on Adam Brody and then he just has to disappear. It becomes this massive star. I'm seriously be real, sad if I was.
Speaker 1: And this guard I didn't know. There's a new show called The Residence, not The Resident, which was Zuker's show, but The Residents like a house and it's coming out on Netflix in March. It's a Shonda Rhyme show and Keiko is in it and it's about Cordelia cup an eccentric, eccentric detective arriving at the White House to solve a murder which happened during a state dinner. I'll be watching that. That is immediately me. Yes.
Speaker 2: And I want to see Kiko back on TV. Brandon, I don't know much. I haven't seen her in much since Skillmore Girls, So I'm going to give the Residents a go for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean you had me at Keiko, but then Shonda Rhyme's Okay, I'll give you another show you should watch. That is Six Degrees of Gilmore Girls. So Milo was in This Is Us with Sterling.
Speaker 2: Kay Brown love him.
Speaker 1: Sterling kay Brown has a new show that I think is done by the same creator of This Is Us called Paradise. It's on Hulu. It is really good.
Speaker 2: Oh, really really good. I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Do you have another story?
Speaker 2: We have one, We have one more Laton Measter previous Gilmore Girls meets Twin Peaks mystery series.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's give the six degrees here. So Leyton Measter is married to Adam Broda Brody, who's David Galski, and she describes her new show as Gilmore Girls meets Twin Peaks, which, interestingly, Twin Peaks starred Sherylyn Fenn, who is also in Gilmore Girls. Wow, what's what's this one about?
Speaker 2: This one is about It's centered on a family. It's it's got the small town. There's a Northwest murder mystery. Feel send the Sheriff's department. So it's just like a little quirky little town with this story, and she plays a veteran detective Louis lou Hickman, who works for her father, small town police chief Big Hank, along with her polar opposite brother, Henry played by Luke Cook. They newly return home from seven years in Seattle because her dad was working in the PD there and promoted to detective by their dad. So they're solving some kind of murder mystery.
Speaker 1: Show is Quippie, which I like? Quippi Gilmore Girls is Quippi? So should we do the trivia and then the hundred names?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 1: That way people can bug out if they don't want the hundred names. Okay, you ready for your trivia?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Where does Laura Lai take her mother to eat at the mall? This is hilarious. I love this. Hu Oh my god, you know, I know, you know it. I have an Anta there. That's Jackie. You have a guest Jackie. The food it's a food court, but I don't know. No food Court's fine. All you have to do, Okay, okay? Cool? Which resident was against Taylor opening a soda shop? Luke yep, good one. What is the name of the Harvard alumnus who hosts lunch for Lorelei and Rory. I mean, that's almost impossible.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Darren Springsteen. What does Emily do when she gets infuriated by Richard's mustache? She goes on a shopping spree?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I remember that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Daniell, Why don't we just read every other? You read? Then I read, then I read. Here's the hundred names.
Speaker 2: Go Okay, at one hundred. Jeremy Allen White as Carmen in The Bear.
Speaker 1: Then Kelly Riley, Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Broke Goldstein as Roy Kent, Ted Lasso.
Speaker 1: Justin Kirk as Andy Botwin Weeds. Weeds was a good show.
Speaker 2: In ninety six, Katia right, that's how you say that. Katia Herbers as doctor Kristin Bouchard in Evil.
Speaker 1: Kelly Bishop This Is Number ninety five as Emily Gilmore Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, Matt Berry as Laslow Cravensworth, What do We What We Do? In the Shadows?
Speaker 1: Random John Early as Elliott Goss Search Party, also random.
Speaker 2: Kate Blinchett as Phyllis in Missus America.
Speaker 1: Hamish Patel as Jeevan Chad Harry Station eleven. I've never heard heard of That.
Speaker 2: Show, Number nine ninety, Kristin Malatti as Tracy in How I Met Your Mother?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, she's only like a couple episodes, maybe only one to Sina Arnold as Rochelle Rock Everybody Hates Chris.
Speaker 2: Eighty and Julia Gardner as Ruth in Ozark with that one.
Speaker 1: Kyle McLaughlin as Special Agent Dale Cooper twin Peaks The Return.
Speaker 2: Eighty six, Renee Elias Goldsbury as Vicky Roy and Girls five.
Speaker 1: Eva That is random, Stellin Scarsguard as Luthen Rail and andor my gosh, this is a crazy list.
Speaker 2: Eighty four Elana Glazer as Elana Wexler in Broad.
Speaker 1: City, Stevin Yun as Danny cho and Beef.
Speaker 2: Lamourne Morris as Winston and you Girl.
Speaker 1: I agree with that one. He's awesome in that. Michelle Williams as a Gwen Verdon in Fosse.
Speaker 2: And number eighty, Al Pacino as Roy Kahn and Angels in America.
Speaker 1: Alison Williams as Marnie Michaels and Girls. I mean this list is I don't know who This is all.
Speaker 2: From Variety number seventy eight and I are Rivera Santana Lopez and Glee.
Speaker 1: And Ageley as Joe Goldberg and.
Speaker 2: You was good. It was good. Seventy six. Mikayla j Rodriguez az Blanca in Poe's.
Speaker 1: Nicole Kidman as Celeste and Big Left.
Speaker 2: That was good. That was good.
Speaker 1: They say it might come back.
Speaker 2: I hope so. Seventy four, Kaitlin Ever as Marie Adler and Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Ronnie Mallick and Mister Robot as Elliott.
Speaker 2: Number seventy two, Patricia Clarkson as a Dora in Shaper.
Speaker 1: Objects, Anthony starrs Homelander, The Boys.
Speaker 2: Whoa Number seventy Tay Burrell is Phil Dumphy and Modern Family Also.
Speaker 1: Grew, Isa Ray as Isa d and Insecure. People love that show. I need to watch that.
Speaker 2: Sixty David Harber as Jim Hopper Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: Caitlin Olson as Deandra and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. We're at number sixty seven. Well we got a long way to go. This is serious.
Speaker 2: Sixty six. Angela Bassett Oh as Marie Loveo and American Horror Story Covin. I sign off on that.
Speaker 1: Marcia Cross as Breed in Desperate Housewives. I like that they went to Desperate Housewives. That's good. Now is this only in the two thousands. Oh yeah, maybe this is only in the two thousands, but anyway, I keep going.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Olson as Wanda in Wanda Vision.
Speaker 1: I love that show. That's a really good show. Janelle James as Ava Coleman and Abbott Elementary sixty two.
Speaker 2: Francis Conroy is Ruth in Six Feet Under.
Speaker 1: This might only be from the two thousands, because I'm finding a this is only in the two thousands. Michael Emerson has been and lost.
Speaker 2: Oh that was good.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 2: He was great sixty Chloe Savigner as Nicolette Big Love.
Speaker 1: I liked that. That was good. Rachel Bloom as Rebecca Bunching crazy ex girlfriend. I could not get into that show.
Speaker 2: This is passive two thousands.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I'm saying, I think it's anything after two thousand, Like you can't be eight nineties, seventies. I think it's only two thousands.
Speaker 2: And on Mad's Michelson as Hannibal.
Speaker 1: In Hannibal, Danny Pooty in Community.
Speaker 2: Pamela ad Adlon and Better Things.
Speaker 1: Mary McDonald and Battlestar Galactica. I love that show. That was so good.
Speaker 2: Number fifty four, Jennifer Gardner in Alias.
Speaker 1: I agree, that was an awesome show. That's such an awesome show. So this is two thousands on clearly, Titus Burgess an unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
Speaker 2: Number fifty two, Maggie Smith in Downtown Abbey. It's Downton, Downton Abby.
Speaker 1: I always thought it was Downtown, and then I learned it was downtowntwon Ken Leung in Industry.
Speaker 2: Susie Esmond in Career of Your Enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: She was hilarious and that that's a good one. Anna Sawal in Shogun, Oh, that's new.
Speaker 2: Sarah Goldberg and Barry.
Speaker 1: William Jackson Harper in the Good.
Speaker 2: Place, Christina Applegate and Dead to me.
Speaker 1: That was a good, great show. Murray Bartlett and the White Lotus totally agree.
Speaker 2: Yea Junius, it's Aduba in Oranges and your Black.
Speaker 1: Yes agree, Deveri Jacobs and Reservation Dogs. I ever saw that.
Speaker 2: Christine Baranski and the Good Fight and the Good Wife and the Good Wife.
Speaker 1: We should keep this list. Kerry Washington Scandal obviously.
Speaker 2: Yes, Danny McBride and and East Found and Down.
Speaker 1: Gina Rodriguez, Jane the Virgin, she was great.
Speaker 2: Rachel Brosnahan and the Marvelous Missus Masel.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you to rewatch that. Amaya Ersking in Penn fifteen.
Speaker 2: That was a good that she was great in that.
Speaker 1: I never watched that, but I think it would be good.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sarah Paulson and The People versus O. J. Simpson American Crime Story.
Speaker 1: I rewatch that. We're at number thirty five. Guys hanging there, Brian Tyree Henry.
Speaker 2: In Atlanta America, Ferrera and Ugly Betty, Claire Foy in The Crown, Ncy Nash in Getting On And if you.
Speaker 1: Want this whole list in full, go to Variety.
Speaker 2: Ian McShane and Deadwood, Sidney Sweeney and Euphoria.
Speaker 1: Cannot get into that show, it's way too adult. Claire Danes in Homeland Agree.
Speaker 2: I like that, Jean's smart in hacks.
Speaker 1: Yep, Kyle Chandler Friday, Net Lights Agree.
Speaker 2: Bridget Everett and Somebody Somewhere, Phoebe.
Speaker 1: Walder Bridge and flee Bag. I watched a couple of that. I need to get try that again.
Speaker 2: Catherine O'Hara and Shit's Creek.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tatiana Misslani in Orphan Black. She played like a million characters and not thing.
Speaker 2: Alec Baldwin in Thirty.
Speaker 1: Rock, Laura dern enlightened.
Speaker 2: All right, we're at number twenty. Emma Stone in The Curse.
Speaker 1: Never heard of it. Peter Dinklage in Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: Amanda Seifried in The Dropbout.
Speaker 1: Totally agree. That was That was good. Kate Winslet, Mayor of Easttown. Oh, I I that was good. That was good too.
Speaker 2: Jessica Walter arrested Development.
Speaker 1: Carrie Russell The Americans.
Speaker 2: Michael Chickliss in The.
Speaker 1: Shield, Regina King and The Watchman.
Speaker 2: Number twelve, Steve Carell in the Office.
Speaker 1: Michael Cole and I may destroy you. Oh sorry, Mikayla Cole, and I may destroy.
Speaker 2: You, Sandra oh and Grey's Anatomy.
Speaker 1: Riya Seahorn in raya Ria. Better call Saul, right, Yeah, probably right?
Speaker 2: An's Ria. Number eight. Andre Brauer in Brooklyn nine nine.
Speaker 1: Seven, Carrie Coon in The Leftovers, I watch that too.
Speaker 2: Six, Michael Kenneth Williams in The Wire.
Speaker 1: Five, Brian Kranston Breaking Bad.
Speaker 2: Number four, Lisa Kudrou The Comeback.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth Moss mad Men. I would have said Handmad's Tale for Elizabeth more I know.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Jeremy Strong succession.
Speaker 1: And number one Julia Louis Dreyfuss in Veep. Oh wow, she.
Speaker 2: Did win a lot for Veep.
Speaker 1: Interesting list.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I would have had Walking Dead in there. I guess West Wing is nineties. I would have had a lot of theirs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Handmaid's Tale should have been in There's Tail, Yeah, exactly. AnyWho. It felt a lot like the Oscars, where you don't actually know the movies that are being od.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's the news, y'all.
Speaker 1: Everybody and all forget.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.