Speaker 1: Hi, guys, it's I Do Part two. I'm one of your celebrity mentors, Jen Pestlor, once again, joined by fellow celebrity mentor on the Pod and Housewives along Kelly Ben Simon, and we are here at Live in the Vineyard in Napa, our new favorite place, love it here Beyond, and we've got Kelly's date, Pascal from the Golden Baccelorette here with us.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, making first dates come true?
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys, Well, now that I have you both here, I have spoken to both of you separately, and I want to tell you what I think of this connection and it's actually bringing me back. So I don't know if I've shared this with either one of you. Well, Pescal, we just met, so probably not. And Kelly, I don't think I have. I was once a matchmaker, you were I in New York City. You told me this, it's just lunch, yes, And then I ended up doing it in New Jersey as well. It was the director there, and we used to set up people on lunch dates. Correct have one in Chicago started in Chicago.
Speaker 4: Chicago and you and you and you defoned of Juice Lynch which one Andrea and Daniel blow blownness.
Speaker 5: Isn't there an ad in like the Delta, like the Delta magazine?
Speaker 3: I'm always like, that's fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, listeners, I'm sorry, we digress. Get let's get back to it, the Kelly and the Pescal of it all. Okay, guys, first, did either one of you, let's be honest, watch the other on TV before coming to NAPA. Did you do any googling? No? No, that was easy.
Speaker 2: All right, that was great, Pascal.
Speaker 1: Did you get any intel on Kelly from Gary who went on the date with her?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Actually, Gary speak very very highly about Kelly. He had a wonderful time. He was an incredible experience. He actually had a good feeling for you.
Speaker 2: You wish to see you more, That's what he says. I'm the matchmaker has the only nice time to say about you.
Speaker 6: You had a wonderful, wonderful experience, and you were a great host. And I think you still text messaging with your shadow time to time.
Speaker 2: I'm wi Yeah, he's so nice. Yeah, he's a great girl.
Speaker 3: By my Instagram, he's very sweet, sweet guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, but well Gary's not here, so now that okay, sorry, okay, Now I'm moving.
Speaker 2: To Kelly question.
Speaker 3: Love Gary, But now we're moving on.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have all these questions for you guys, but I feel like now that I've spoken to you each individually, I understand a little bit better about you know what's this? Very in this very small amount of time, I feel like we've all we're all sort of on the same page. And here's why. I'll say what I think, and then I'm gonna ask you both what you think. It seems to me that you guys met, you both had very similar things to say. Both of you felt like the other was attractive, very attractive. As a matter of fact, you both were very complimentary of each other in terms of your physicality. No surprise there. You both happened to be gorgeous, okay, and you both have had only lovely things to say about the other. You know that that incredible person, so nice, all of the most fabulous adjectives. Kelly said first that she didn't get from you the feeling that you were so interested committed to the date you got up and left. You guys were sitting together and you were not there for a lot of that time period, and Pascal, you said to me that Kelly was so pretty and so charismatic, but you could just tell that there wasn't necessarily that spark, right, Yes, And so I feel like you guys were kind of Kelly. Kelly did say that she would have been more open because what she's been through in life, even though maybe she didn't feel doesn't feel always an initial spark. She likes to give it a little bit more of a chance. I feel like I'm pretty correct me if I'm saying anything here that's not true.
Speaker 2: You guys are true, true, true.
Speaker 1: I mean, you both said lovely things about each other, but Kelly might have been a little more open because of what she's been through and she wants to be more open like that. Pascal. For you, it's either you feel it or you don't. You said that you would love to be friends with Kelly, keep it touch with Kelly because she's an amazing person. You just didn't feel that initial spark.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 5: One thing I thought that was really interesting is when you were sitting in the printer van and we were all talking about you and being on the Golden Bachelorette, and what you said about the like unraveling of the relationship between you and you're and the bachelorette that you instead of just like going into the fantasy in suites and having this moment that you wanted to like talk to her one on one and you know, have that moment. And I thought, I really like that just was like very I thought that was amazing.
Speaker 2: I thought that was really amazing. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: But I want I want to say one tent because I thank you. You know I was sitting with you. I want you to understand that I'm a very hyper kind of guy. I can't I can't sit still for a long period of time. I need to move.
Speaker 2: No, you're so nice to get me if you want because I.
Speaker 6: Needed to move, If you want someone because I needed to move, I cannot see it.
Speaker 2: It's very hard for me to see.
Speaker 6: So right, I don't think that was trying to have boy the convexation with you because.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying the conversation.
Speaker 6: She's trying to she's move my ears. I'm even sitting here away night. It's kind of hard for me alect you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: This is what I have a question.
Speaker 3: What's signing virgo Virgo?
Speaker 2: I'm a Taurus.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means men.
Speaker 3: For high my name is gentleman le.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't actually know. I I know about like friendship relationships. I don't know about for male male and female relationships.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm thinking right now. I think that we are so evolved. I feel like this is the perfect I wish for our listeners to have this type of attitude and specifically what I'm commenting on Pescal You've been nothing but lovely, but you didn't feel the spark, and Kelly, You're like you're You're like, listen, you were so nice, you are lovely. This is the idea, guys, I think again, who am I idea? What I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: But you're a matchmaker.
Speaker 1: I was a matchmaker.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, no, was a matchmaker, always a matchmaker.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is how dating should be approached, right, like respectful kind and also like not it's not the end of the world, like Kelly. A million guys are gonna line up for Kelly, Ben Simone. We know this, right, She's not just because she's beautiful, because Piscal's you said. Not everything is about beautiful, right, It's about Kelly being Kelly and the experience it comes with that Pascal. Obviously, I don't think either one of you are going to have a hard time finding a date. But what a great opportunity to sit down in this way, get to know each other, you know, share some things about each other, become friends. Who knows. I hope that you'll keep in touch. Maybe you're going to meet someone or Kelly, because you said that happens to you a lot where you're like, you know what, he's not for me, but he might be for my friend, Pascal, I don't know. One of your friends might say, you know what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for this woman with honey tawny honey, blonde hair, kind of tall and tan, model who also speaks French. That's my team. And you'll say, yes, he's and you'll know that. But like, what a lovely thing to have now been able to like have this experience and be friends. I'm looking down here at all the questions that I had. I mean, you guys ask each other things. Is there anything that you want to know from this experience, anything that you're wondering or you know, do you just.
Speaker 3: Want to I want to ask?
Speaker 5: So you know, there's just so many ways to like meet people, and how did you feel when you were when you met me over zoom? How did how did how did you feel? Did you like like being able to like see me and talk to me? I mean obviously like Bob was there and we were having fun with Bob, but like I'm just curious just in general, you know, do you like like being on a zoom and or being on a FaceTime and actually seeing the person?
Speaker 2: Definitely? I think to me, it's very important to see the person. Okay.
Speaker 6: You know the problem of those dating website where it's texting after texting, after texting after texting, and sometimes you mass translate the text by the mood you are at the moment. Okay, So I like to see the person. And I think it was a pleasure to see you. And you are a very attractive looking woman.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was the pleasure seeing you talking to you. We asked a pole question.
Speaker 6: I was I was like a little bit of like a confused about your choice. Okay, like when you said, well, which you take me on the first date?
Speaker 2: And you said, when you take this guy?
Speaker 1: You don't know?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: She said? When I spoke to before you came in, she said, I hate that one answer that I gave us Gar, Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: I think that was actually actually let me let me just say when when you said that, and you were going to take me to the via Gar Triangle and we're gonna have a burger and beer and you're gonna see my picture on the wall.
Speaker 3: No, no, not my sure, my Playboy.
Speaker 6: Play my Playboy cover, my Playboy cover on the excuse me, my Playboy cover on the wall.
Speaker 2: I was kind of a little bit, honestly.
Speaker 6: I was a little bit tun off for me, okay, because I think to me, I would have preferred and I said that to you, I would prefer take you to a half flow on restaurant, which.
Speaker 2: Is a beautiful show on beautiful.
Speaker 6: Well, we could have a nice conversation with that, to be screaming shadow because Gibson, Gibson, Gibson, the you know it's it's it's like you said, Viago trainingle bench of old guy would pick up some prostitute at the bars.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was, I was just I was.
Speaker 5: I said that I felt I was being a total deck and I was. I said it because it's something very like obviously there's many beautiful places, and I really, I really appreciate.
Speaker 3: I love the poll of reminds me.
Speaker 5: I went there so many times, my parents and I have the most beautiful memories there, and I really appreciate that. I was just trying to like push a little because in my journey, which you don't know about, but in my personal journey on this podcast, I have been going through therapy and then having these whether they're dates or you know, just talking on the pod with you know, my a lot of my new friends, like whether it's Dana, Sharon Burke, Janda.
Speaker 3: Kramer, and I've been learning a lot. And I am.
Speaker 5: Not the kind of person that ever says that. And I don't say that. That's kind of like my Housewives personality. And I regret saying that, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, you don't have to apologize that, Tank, No, I do.
Speaker 3: I I don't have to, I am.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I accept you a potaty portage you needed as you staying then.
Speaker 6: You know, I like the fact that you know, you talk on the podcast and you want you've been working hard on yourself by going to trap and learn more and more and more. You know, we never we never stop learning. I mean, I'm much older than you, and I'm still learning, so I thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, there is certain sense.
Speaker 6: I'm looking for, okay, and sometimes it's hard to you know. I want authenticity. I want the person with herself. Some persons I don't need to be empressed. Mean, if I if I tell you I've been in the cover of hundreds of magazines, it's not it's not sometime I talk about I just want to know you, who you are, what, what makes you?
Speaker 2: What met Kelly? Kelly? Okay, and it was it was, you know, it was a little bit. I was a little bit off on that.
Speaker 6: Actually I called the producer and I said, I don't know if I don't know if it's a good match. And then she said, give it a chance. I said, okay, I got to give it a chance. And then that's what I'm here. I got to meet you. I enjoy meeting you, somebody. You're wonderful woman. You know, we had the chance to get to know you a little bit more personally by talking during the time, mean and not picking up a.
Speaker 2: Glass of water and wine.
Speaker 4: I have even active evening.
Speaker 3: You did popcorn water and wine.
Speaker 1: All I just I'm sorry to jump in, but I am so impressed with you. First of all, the way that you just you were so honest, because you complimented me earlier today about being like open and vulnerable, and the way you were like, you know, I said that I don't know why you would say that you were a dick. I don't know what that was dicky, but like you own it and you're like, and I apologize. I am falling in love with you, and I would like for us to go on a date. And I am married, so it'll be salacious. But I have to be honest with you. The way you just handled that whole thing was so high class.
Speaker 3: Thank you, here's my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, there was no need that protagy. I don't think that was a she think that was a she's a conversation.
Speaker 3: And I was just having fun.
Speaker 2: I knew you were having fun, and I was said, it's.
Speaker 5: Also in my defense that is, you know, I'm from Rockford. I spent so much time in that area, and in all transparency when they asked for the cover and put it in Gibson's, which is which is is there's a lot of you know, there's there's mixed emotions, it's the best burger, it's the best bar. Like people love to go there, but it's also there's a lot of you know, it's it's it's.
Speaker 3: A hot spot for people that want to go on dates.
Speaker 5: And so when they asked me to sign the cover and to have it in Gibson's, I was hands down. That was like a very proud moment for definitely. So I I just it was I was just having fun with it. But it but you don't know me at all. You don't know anything about that. You don't know that, like you know, you're French from Paris. I'm from Rockford, Illinois, ninety miles northwest of Chicago. I'm not from Chicago.
Speaker 2: I'm not from.
Speaker 3: From very small town.
Speaker 5: And so that was just it was, I was just, I was just I was I was just having fun.
Speaker 6: But that's sometimes, Kenny, that's sometimes you should be part of Okay, I mean, have you still making the cover of Playboy. It's an accomplishment. I think that sometime we could have bought in the after we get to know his shadow in more details, that sometime you could have bought into the conversation later on in in in getting to know each shadow as you think for me that was I felt like you didn't need to do that.
Speaker 1: By the way, Kelly, there are men as you know, as Pascal, you know who would have thought that was the most adorable. No, I mean it like if you would said that to Jeff Essler, I don't know why, it's kind of gross. No, I just know him.
Speaker 2: I know them.
Speaker 1: Like you said we should go get a burger and go with my Playboy cover, he would have been like, let's go, where's it. I don't know if this is getting weird, I'm sorry you guys. No, no, no, no, I think that it just depends who you say it to.
Speaker 2: You that to that, to that, to that.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Jen's got a really good point the minute that I said that, and I was like smiling when I said it, and then I saw the look on your face and I was like that, did you know what you were like? Like, it's like we've been talking about like just a little like a lot of things, like how people present themselves, like what they're what they optically want people to see. And then if you say something you think it's like funny or charming, but then it just drops her.
Speaker 4: Don't don't And so like that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Is I said that to you because it was like I was having fun.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this like also Kelly, at the end of the day, even if you, guys, let's say, word to have gone out again. The truth is, Pascal, she's been married to a Frenchman. She's not necessarily what she's looking for. Not nothing wrong with she loves Frenchmen. But there's probably some of that. I mean, you know, could have been come from either one of you. So the best news here is like we went through it.
Speaker 5: We Pascal, I mean for all to the purpose is basically dating you is like going on with my ex husband. You know what, let me let me tell you what my god, let me tell you something, let me tell you something and teresting.
Speaker 2: Actually you said that, Okay.
Speaker 6: When I was in the last day with John and we were in the that before the fantasy, sweet I asked you a simple question and I said, twenty three guys, why me, Why did you choose me? And I was expecting her to say, I like your personality, I like you Carrissima, I like you so fashion, I like your accomplishment, I like that you funny. The answer was from her you remind me my husband. And I said to myself, I said, I don't want to live in the shadow of you.
Speaker 2: That has been right, Okay, So she was that was that was.
Speaker 3: It was a compliment from me and from her. I totally totally understand that.
Speaker 6: I totally and as you as you feel like you know me and I think I want her to like me for who I am.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, but.
Speaker 3: Here's something that's interesting. So you're a Frenchman.
Speaker 5: So most people think when they think of a Frenchman, they think like, oh, he's so debonnair. He was raised in Paris. He spends all these times at the cafe watching those beautiful women in the world. He's touched the head upon head upon head, taken photos, worked with the best of the best.
Speaker 3: Are this business, that business.
Speaker 5: He's married, all these beautiful women, has all these amazing children.
Speaker 2: Da YadA, YadA.
Speaker 5: One thing that is very interesting about Frenchmen is that you guys are and this is a generalization, clearly, but there's one thing about Frenchmen that people do not understand, and that that you guys are wildly sensitive in a good way, and you're also extremely thought provoking. You like to talk about things interest you're not you don't like to talk about like my I'm not going to say what I was just going to say, but a lot of french Men who I've met outside of my past are like you, and so that's a compliment to you and to like to.
Speaker 3: I think that people.
Speaker 5: I think that people aren't expecting you to be so thoughtful, and I don't think I don't think people were. Probably I think that probably the viewers were taken aback that you asked her something that was really like heartfelt versus something that was like topical. I mean, I mean, I think it was probably like people were like, whoa.
Speaker 6: You know, I was you know, actually today I was going into the social media and I saw you posting sometimes white frenchmen like fog legs.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, what did they call frenchmen FuG Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Because we were asking these questions.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to ask you.
Speaker 6: On my day so so so I'm gonna and you never asked me that, So I'm gonna so.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna say, I'm gonna saw you.
Speaker 3: You Why do you frenchmen? Why are Frenchmen called frogs?
Speaker 2: Okay, in the twelfth century.
Speaker 6: Okay, here was the monaster Okay, had a period of time where they were not allowed to eat meat. So they were eating fish, yes, and frogs are in.
Speaker 2: The water, so they considered as a fish. Okay.
Speaker 6: So they were eating frog legs and the British thought that was.
Speaker 2: Gross and ridicule.
Speaker 6: Actually calling a Frenchman a frog is an assault, Okay, there is.
Speaker 2: Do we call the Italian pizza? Do we call the the the how you call?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god? Do we call the Japanese sushi? Okay?
Speaker 6: But we do call the Germans fought for the sausage okay, yes, and actually yeah brushed, yeah, the Germans.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So in the fifteenth century the British called as soul to the French the frogsmen.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: So that's that's that's that's.
Speaker 1: I never heard of any of this. I only know that I heard of frog legs.
Speaker 6: Actually, we should call us, we should call a snail, because we eat way more escago than we froglets, and frog legs become apodlicates. And actually, if you ever eat frog legs, it will taste like chicken.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, on that note, my beautiful friends. Neither one of you look like a frog or a chicken. I think that this when I'm sorry, I don't know. Maybe you'll agree, maybe you won. I think this was a ten ten. I think this worked out beautiful. I think we got some insight. We're all gonna ends up friends, nobody. This is how it should be. This is dating.
Speaker 2: I do part two.
Speaker 1: This is how the part two should go in my humble opinion, maybe because I'm facilitating it.
Speaker 3: On that note, you're dating, Yeah, yeah, we have to.
Speaker 2: We have to. We have to. We have to work on that.
Speaker 1: Well, we are going to work on I actually am. My head is always spinning. I like to fix people up. So I've got some ideas. That's for next episode. I love you both, well.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: See you next time. I do part two. In my Heart podcasts where falling in love is the main objective, follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast.