Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty arm Strong and Jetty and Key Armstrong and Yeddy. This has never happened before.
Speaker 2: We have a prince, the son, favored son of Queen Elizabeth, much loved Queen Elizabeth, now sitting in a.
Speaker 1: Jail cell.
Speaker 2: With we're told, a bed and a toilet in the cell. But no one in the royal family has ever been in this position. So, whether you know the royals or you don't know the royals, this is incredibly shocking.
Speaker 3: Katty k on MSNBC. First time a royal has been arrested in four hundred years. Four years, so that take it back to the time of shit since a royal has been elected. So Prince Andrews in a jail cell trying to turn his scepter into a shive, probably to protect himself.
Speaker 1: I assume he as a elfer soft for that sort of thing. You think they carry it with them. I'll tell you what you got arrested back in the day, like you were talking about, you'd think, oh, this is going to end badly.
Speaker 3: H Here's another interesting report from another bread We'll listen to anybody with a British accent.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: Prince Andrew's arrest lands at the top of the British state and to have a senior royal and custody on suspicion of misconducting and public office really shatters that aura of insulation around the monarchy. But I think that it also plays into a wider perception of Great Britain at the moment, which is that of a country crumbling, a country imploding. When you see this happening, even at the symbolic top the royal family, it really does make you think it feeds into that general mood of collapse, erosion, authority frame.
Speaker 1: I hadn't hadn't granted that myself, but yeah, they're Polity are just diseased and the national spirit is terrible right now.
Speaker 3: Well in their economy. So I've listened to a couple of podcasts that I've mentioned in the last six months from British reporters talking about, Hey, America, where where you're going to be in five, ten, fifteen years, whatever the number is. We're already there. We have overspent and time is up and we can no longer afford to keep on the track we're on, and a lot of it for them had to do with their whole ridiculous net zero caring about climate change thing. You couldn't do anything in that country unless you had net zero impact on the climate, which just crushed their economy and their GDP.
Speaker 1: Crushed innovation entrepreneurial spirit. Yeah, just terrible.
Speaker 3: And you got Prince Andrew running around giving away state secrets to h pervos touching underage girls.
Speaker 1: That doesn't help anything in return for access to yeah, Romanian women of loose morals. Yeah, that's quite a story. I don't know if it's do you know what?
Speaker 3: So it's a small segment of society in England that wants to get rid of the constitutional monarchy system.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: They call them Republicans. That's what they call that crowd in England. So if you hear the term republican, it's people that want to do away with the King and Queen having any power whatsoever. I don't know how much power they have. It's a constitutional monarchy, but I don't know how much. Not really any I don't Yeah, I don't think, not the way I understand it, is there really any power either? I mean the Prime minister. When you're elected, you have to go ask for permission from the Queen or king.
Speaker 1: But if they said go f yourself, I'm not sure it makes any difference. It's just an effort to tie Britain to their history back when they were a big deal. Or yeah, yeah, that's true too. It's just a feeling of continuity that it's tough for Americans under But yeah, the monarchies are stupid wherever they exist, even though I call for them about once a month. Tough for Americans understand for now.
Speaker 3: I wonder if we will have to understand it at some point, what it's like to go from being the world superpower to just another country, right, like happened with England.
Speaker 1: Well, now it's time for my trademark, Michael, you remember what my trademark is, of course, right, yell and at the staff. No, No, that's not it, idiot, No, My trademark is to be interesting, then depressing. If you could identify like three or four characteristics of a healthy, growing dynamic system and a shrinking way past its prime dying system, you'd pretty much have the difference between the US and Britain. But even if you identified those things. Nobody would care. They would just vote for more money out of the treasury for themselves. And in a related story, why the federal defat it has projected a surge in five charts. This from the Wall Street Journal. US debt will be more than one hundred percent of our US gross domestic product by later this year, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Speaker 3: Imagine if your credit card debt was more than you make a year. Yeah, you would feel like you're in a pretty bad spot, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and interest rates are rising anyway, If that doesn't depress you nothing, well, so perhaps we can move on.
Speaker 3: Michael Joe brought us the story about Reese's monkeys last hour. How about this hour we get to Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 1: Can we hear that? And I've got the background information on it. You're clips six peanut butter on my chocolate. Well, you got chocolate in my pant butter two great taste, the taste great together. Reese's peanut butter cup, real milk chocolate, good old fashioned peanut butter.
Speaker 5: U's peanut butter cup.
Speaker 3: So why is peanut butter cup in the news today? I love or loved a peanut butter cup in my life. I've always found them delicious. But the grandson of the inventor has lashed out at the Hershey Company, accusing the company of hurting the Riese's brand by shifting shifting the cheaper ingredients in many of its products.
Speaker 1: Oh like not the prime cuts. A monkey in the reesis peanut butter cuffs.
Speaker 3: Hershey acknowledges recipe changes, but said Wednesday there was trying to be custard. Demand for innovation. High cocoa prices has led Hershey, you know, their manufacturers to experiment. We're eating less chocolate in recent years and a different kind of chocolate blah blah blah, replaced milk chocolate with compound coatings and peanut butter with peanut cream.
Speaker 1: When did this happen? Has this already happened?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like I had a peanut butter cup fairly recently and I didn't think it was very good, and I've always loved them, Do you know, Michael, has that already occurred?
Speaker 1: The cheapening of peanut butrix.
Speaker 6: So because I'm with you, Jack, I'm eating them, and yeah, they're not as good.
Speaker 3: Like noticeably crappier by quite a bit in my experience.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't eat candy because I'm not a child. But it's kind of like, it's kind of like we were talking about pizza Hut pizza a week or so ago. Yeah, how that used to be a really good pizza, and I feel like I feel like the ingredients changed. Yes, over the years, Yes, and just aren't the same thing anymore. Honey, why is cheese spelled with a Z in their ingredients? Well, they asked themselves a question many companies do. Is this economy change? Do we want to compete on price or on quality? I just bit into a cat toy? Why is that? That's weird? This sausage pizza tastes hard to describe feline. Yes, no, we have no reason to believe that that is certainly not no parody or satire or some lack of stray dogs running around taco bells is just coincidence, better better, better efforts to animal control. All of this is parody and satire or whatever word you have to say to keep yourself out of legal problem. Clearly clearly intended to be ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yes, so ridiculous, so far from the truth. Your honor that no normal person could believe it was meant to be true?
Speaker 1: Right, I would ingest a pizza Hut pizza right now, happily, including the cat sausage. I mean the sausage. Oh no, you took it a step too far. Joe Getty took it a step too far. They make fine pizzas that I would eat zero cat. I'm reasonably certain negligible amounts of cat. Practically hard to measure the amount that little is enough? Oh boy, that has perhaps reset and come back and talk to our lawyers during the taking and the wedding. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: A new study into our food habits found that forty trips to fast casual restaurants begin with simple fatigue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know.
Speaker 5: There's a reason Olive Garden slogan is when you're here, you just you.
Speaker 1: Just can't today. Yeah, that's funny, I just can't today. Wow, there's a lot of truth there. It is. That could be like the entire frozen pizza industry. I'm not cooking. I just can't today. So a couple of brief things for you. Then back to the incredibly interesting significant social media trial at the bottom of the hour. Huh, yeah. Yeah, So a couple of things. Number one, this is a great point from Nelly Bowls in the Free Press. She says, don't tell me to be scared of weaymo's. Here's a ninety two year old who crashed into a grocery store in the Westwood neighborhood in LA last week, killing three people. Ay I remember hearing that story. Oh, video is crazy. She hits a bikelist zooms into the store. As of now, she reportedly faces no charges for these three deaths, but she gotta take away these people's licenses. Blah blah blah, and you've got the weaymo That quote unquote hit a little kid who ran out behind part cars. The thing stopped miraculor slowed miraculously quickly, barely hurt. The kids, spared a life. It was a miracle of technology, and it was portrayed as Oh, these dangerous rogue Weaimo cars. It's really crazy the way media can twist the story.
Speaker 3: It is, and I'm not exactly sure why, because media is left. I think they would be pro electric, you know, and they're always into safety. Waimos are safer than people driving. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: There. You know, I've been describing the media's lemmings for a very very long time, and I think there's a certain personality type that goes along. They are not They don't appraise things based on the truth, but on the social acceptability of them, and they just go along with the crowd. And so they just repeat the same crap everybody else repeats in the mainstream media. And I think that skepticism of our perception that auto self driving cars are super dangerous. I don't know. For some reason, that's just what their people tell them to say, so they say, or just.
Speaker 3: Not safe enough yet when they're already safer than although I am confused about that statistic.
Speaker 1: As I've said before, if.
Speaker 3: You eliminated like the bottom fifteen percent of drivers, are they safer than most drivers?
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true or not. Great question, Yeah, don't know. Then we got this from the fabulous Matt from Fremont, the anti Eileen Gou, the googan if you will of figure skating, O, Katie, that was smooth, very good. Thank you. Yeah, ran across this, Matt writes while reading about Alyssa lu the only American with shot at meddling in the women's figure skating blah blah. Her father fled from China after the Chian Men's Square massacre. Wow. Lou, who grew up in Oakland, was targeted by China as part of the same project that brought Eileen Gou into the Communist fold for the twenty twenty two Beijing Winter Olympics. Ah, that's interesting, but her dad told the CCP to f write off. China apparently then sent groups of spies to harass and intimidate Lou and her father. In retaliation, the US State Department had to put special protection in place to protect her. Have you heard that story? No, she's a darn good figure skater too. It seems like a nice young lady, and Matt writes thought it was interesting to see the flip side of the Eileen Goo coin. Not everyone wants the dirty COMI coin they're offering. No, Iileen Gou is probably too smart for her own good. She's like super brilliant and has twisted her logic into making this make sense. Why the media goes along with it? I do not get. I mean that just seems like so obvious. You're American born, going to Stanford and you're skating for the communist Chinese. I mean, it's already made story of interest, but they portray it the other direction. It's awful. It's unforgiven, like it's just a feel good story. Isn't this great as all this? She's pretty, she's rich, she's rejected America. Yes, she's our friend, say the media.
Speaker 3: Isn't that cool that she values her mom's cultural heritage so much that she's skating for China?
Speaker 1: You morons? And then Katie, you might appreciate this. Mikayla from Michigan dropped us to note if you ever want to write us an email, it's mail bag at Armstrong Giddy dot com. We feature some emails early in the show. Hour one of the show. I don't know, maybe we'll change that, sprinkle them in. I don't know. But Mikaela from Michigan is with child and is cursing me for introducing her to Keyo's Potato chips.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was I was upset with you for not sharing, and now I am.
Speaker 1: Upset with you for sharing. Really they're that good? Huh, they're so good? Jack, She was a fan since she was in high school and now is birthing and raising chin. I realize it's meant to be a compliment. That's not how it lands. Hey, one foot in the grave. What are you gonna do? Darn you, she says. How do you sleep at night? Keeping those balsamic vinegar and sea salt chips? They're freaking delicious. The ruffles crisp in the most perfect way. I'm addicted. Did my pregnancy brain just order six more bags because shipping his eye, Yes, yes it did. Tes definitely don't sleep on the honey popcorn. Oh, I love potato chips, so I got to try those. Oh they're so good.
Speaker 3: They're not inexpensive, but health wise they any healthier?
Speaker 1: Are they just also just potato chips? Checking around to see if I have an s to give. I don't, Katie, what kind are you eating?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: The saltan the vinegar ones. I can't get off that flavor right now. Oh it's a great flavor. It's a good flavor. He's an onion one. I'm telling you. That's I dream about it at night. Yes, Jack, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What's going to be going on by the time Katie's first kid is of school age, but I know right now I've had a handful of conversations just in the last week with parents about smartphones and social media and stuff like that. If you're a parent and your kids are older than like, I don't know, eight, it's just a constant thing on trying to figure out how much they're plugged into the bad world that is out there, how much they've accessed the world of drug sex and rock and roll or whatever in a way that was impossible for us when we were younger, coming in contact with the worst actors out there, and it's addictive. So that's why I think the social media trial that's going on in Los Angeles right now so interesting. We've got a couple of more clips from that coming up. Zuckerberg was on the stand yesterday. We'll be on the stand again today. I assume they're going to talk to somebody from Google at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish we could get Marxism sucks and your teachers are insane onto TikTok somehow. Actually the commanis Chinese are promoting the opposite of that, but seems like the only way to reach the kids.
Speaker 3: Well, the two most dangerous ones, TikTok and snapchat, wisely settled out of court before this trial began and are kind of off the hook.
Speaker 1: I can write a check for five million bucks and we don't get try through the headlines done well, and they probably are, would be be much harder for them to justify their thing Snapchat, which seems to be designed by someone who aids parents, by the way, but we got more on that coming up at a second. Stay here, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: They take a vulnerable child, while all kids are vulnerable their self esteem and what girls face, especially on these platforms is horrifying to have to go through that, and it really has created such a huge mental health crisis in this country.
Speaker 5: If they take responsibility, then they're going to have to change their business model and how they do business.
Speaker 3: Talking about Instagram and YouTube specifically and the role it plays in making kids miserable and how addictive it is, and like, I understand why that mom there is so upset. There are moms in the courtroom there whose kids have committed suicide, parents in the courtroom whatever, And obviously that would be an unimaginably awful but but I just don't get how you can blame Facebook, Meta and Google for something that is just going to be part of all of our lives going.
Speaker 1: Forward, and we're going to have to figure out how to navigate it. Well, I gotta QUI. I don't think you can find them liable, but I think you can blame them. I think you can say this is evil, this is bad, this is not good for me, my heart, my soul, my children, my family, this is something we should shun.
Speaker 3: So you would court, But so you would you think they should like not be in the business and let somebody else do the business, just.
Speaker 1: Out of morals or oh no, no, no, it's the same reason I don't go to strip clubs or smoke potter or a number of other things that are legal. But they're just a bad idea for me.
Speaker 3: On the stand yesterday, Mark Zuckerberg, who is a gazillionaire and owns Facebook Meta, said Meta no longer sets goals to increase time spent on apps and focus instead on making services useful. I mean, all these distinctions of we're just so useful that people stay on it all day long, as opposed to we're trying to keep you on in an addictive way. I mean, these are very squishy ideas well.
Speaker 1: He's a liar.
Speaker 3: Plaintiffs introduced internal documents suggesting past efforts to grow user engagement and time on the app, creating tension with that claim. Creating tension with that claim. That's a hell of a way to write it. Yeah, So Zuckerberg actually said yesterday that.
Speaker 1: Ba ba bah bah bah. Let me find the exact wording, because I thought it was so good. Quote.
Speaker 3: Not trying to maximize the amount of time people spend every month on the app, You're not.
Speaker 1: That is silly.
Speaker 3: That is like McDonald's saying, we're not trying to get people to eat more often here and more when they get here. I mean, that's so what you're in business for, and which is fine, by the way, you get to do that. And just the idea that Thomas the tank Engine wasn't trying to get you to tune in again tomorrow or Blues Clues when Steve at the end of the show would say see you tomorrow. See so when he said see you tomorrow, that was actively trying to keep your kid engaged in the show for another episode.
Speaker 1: If there's a damn cliffhangers, how can I resist? Of course it was Yeah, boy, Zuckerberg had the chocolate he faced kids, saying he didn't eat the cookies feel to him. I can't believe he didn't go that far.
Speaker 3: I thought the defense was going to be, We're doing the same thing every product on Earth does. We're trying to sell as much of it as we can to people, just like.
Speaker 1: We're trying to make it enjoyable.
Speaker 3: Ford is trying to hook you on Ford Cars for the rest of your life. You know, I've used all the other examples McDonald's TV show Sports. The NFL wants you to watch the next game. That's why they keep teasing the next game. During this game, they scrolled immediately to the next game because I as one of the knocks on Instagram, there's no end to the scroll. The endless scroll is designed to addict you. So is going from the you know, touchdown in this game to the kickoff of the next game. I mean, I don't see the difference really, right. I hate what product. I wish they didn't exist, but I don't I don't understand drawing those lines between what Facebook is doing and every other product on Earth. Yeah, I think it might become a question of if they have said, look, we've realized our product screws up kids' brains. The physical function of their brains to their detriment. But we're going to keep doing it. That's a different question. That's a more specific question. Would that that might that might really hurt meta in that they get sued for billions of dollars? But wouldn't another company do the same thing but just not say out loud but they know.
Speaker 1: It's addicting kids? Well? No, I think what's that precedent is set and everybody understands the mechanisms of how your brain changes, and whether TikTok it absolutely does whether they do the same things in similar enough ways that they'll be liable as well, Yeah, it'll all come crashing down. So so crashing down in what way? What would it look like? Oh gosh, just unlimited liability for screwing up kids' brains. But what would do how significantly change their algorithms? Probably in a deceptive way that this court spend the rest of our lives trying to catch up to.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Well, so are you only looking at it as a problem for addicting kids or for adults?
Speaker 1: Also? Are they dulse two? Yeah, I don't know if you're going to get as much liability there and I hate freaking liability lawsuits, most of them. Again, I fall back. I just want people to be aware of who these people are, what their products do to them, and then make an intelligent decision whether you want to be part of that.
Speaker 3: Who was it laced potato chips who had slogan, but you can't eat just one? I think so whichever, it's true, it's very difficulty just one your honor. This company's slogan was I'll bet you can't eat just one. They knew that it was tricking your brain by making the taste dissolve instantly into wanting more of their product, which is causes OBCD. I mean, I just I don't see like there's that much difference.
Speaker 1: Between these things.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's a good comparison. And I hate the social media thing. I wish it was never invented. I'm such a lud eyed I really honestly think we're better off without the Internet.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 3: I heard some people mocking people like me who say that sort of thing the other day on a podcast. Just think, and it's it's ridiculous, but I really think the world is better before the Internet. Certainly raising kids, you know what, we're living through.
Speaker 1: It's just occur to me is the novelty era of the Internet and social media, and I think that's I think future sure people in generations will have a better understanding of the Internet is a vast opportunity and good stuff, great stuff, neutral stuff, and terrible stuff is available there. You got to be a better consumer of it. I hope you're going to be. Like the difference between watching a good, solid news show or a great drama and watching Jerry Effing Springer every single day. People will start to make those decisions.
Speaker 3: I hope you're more optimistic about that than I am. I hope you're right. I love that. I would love it if it happened the way it happened with tobacco, once everybody found out, oh, this is poison and it's addictive on purpose and there's nothing good for you. You know, there's there's a fair amount of social stigma around smoking, and the percentage of people smoke is a lot less than it used to be, and it's frowned upon by a lot of people. Can that happen for staring at your phone and everything?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm actually not that optimistic about society quote unquote, I think society you screwed. I just think individuals will start to get smarter. More and more individuals will get smarter and smarter about it, everyone, including the kids. Everyone was when I'm struck anew.
Speaker 3: I live in a college town, and I was just sitting at the stoplight, and here are two guys with backpacks, obviously walking from classes back to their dorms or whatever they're doing. And they're walking along the bike path, and they're both staring at their phone as they walked, and just.
Speaker 1: The idea that.
Speaker 3: Not that many years ago that didn't exist at all, they would have been looking around. There's a big difference between looking around with your own thoughts then staring at that phone almost certainly taking in useless information. It's not like they're probably reading Shakespeare or whatever, and they.
Speaker 1: Would have been killalking to each other. We used to go the fraternity where I lived for a chunk of my college years, was two longish blocks away from the seven to eleven and twelve months a year. We would go gulp. We would get a big gulp because that was our caffeine of choice back in the day, and you'd always yell, hey, gulpin who wants to go. You'd end up with three four ten guys going to get gulps. You had to have your gulping glove. In the winter time, you had to have at least one glove because you couldn't hold that thing all the way home in the winter in Champagne or Van Illinois. That's funny, but it was. It was a hoot. Yeah, it was always a hoot. Yeah. God, I long for those days. I can't imagine we all would have trek down their eyes on our phones, not exchanging a word. It hurts my heart to even think that we had the same thing.
Speaker 3: I lived in a duplex and we were a couple of blocks from the Stop two shop which had twenty five cent hot dogs, and me and a couple other guys would walk over there. But yeah, and talking the whole way and laughing and having fun. And I know, because I live in a college town that now you would be all three of you.
Speaker 1: Staring at your phone, not talking to each other. Yeah, which is weird, and but but but I just I don't know if it's going away. And uh, hey, by the way, just in case you're wondering, gladys is on her break. She joined the a f l c Io last week. She's union now and we just gets took an hour break every two hours. We just two through two, really reminiscing stories on there. Noel Harck stuffed out her cigarette and now she's back. I'll play the harp when the union says I have to not until glad Us clicks her cigarette on the ground and then stomps it out with her sensible shoe, sits down and plays her damn heart because we were reminiscing.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be among I was thinking sitting there at the stoplight, watching these two people walk among the biggest I said to my son, this has got to be among the biggest changes of human beings ever in evolution history. Hasn't that an amount of a short amount of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in a kind of bigger scale I'm always talking about are our perception of everything used to be personal, immediate and physical. It was what we heard ourselves, what we saw ourselves, what we do, the ideas we exchanged, the people we knew. It was one hundred percent personal until a blink of an eye ago, evolutionarily speaking, when the written words started to get passed around and then broadcast media and all but the internet, you know, the entire world all the time. The worst people in the world can jump out of my phone and try to persuade me as something that's like a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of a blink of an eye, and we have no idea how to handle it.
Speaker 3: So the tobacco companies got hit with I should look it up. Read amazingly large judgments h many, many, many billions of dollars. So if that happened to Facebook and Google and then you got these other close to two thousand lawsuits going forward based on how this one turns out, will all these companies have to be so damn careful about their addictive qualities.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if we would make a dent. I don't know. I think they're some of them are the greatest minds of our generation, and they will find ways to keep it going right and get around the laws.
Speaker 3: Do you have any thoughts on that? Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC. Zuckerberg's back on the stand today.
Speaker 1: You know how, I'm always saying that the problem with gun control is that you're trying to outlaw machine. And so they just changed the machine and it's a different machine. Imagine that with an algorithm. Yeah, no, kidding, this algorithm is outlawed. Zucker Berg would go faugh at that. I assume that's what he sounds like when he laughs a lot like that. We'll finish strong next.
Speaker 8: Naturally occurring toxins of the South American anthony dartfrog were used to murderous effect by Russian authorities to kill President Vadimir Putin's leading irritant opposition figure, Alexey Navawi. That's according to an investigation by the UK, Sweden, Germany, France and the Netherlands announced ahead of the second anniversary of Navalni's death. They said studies of samples from Navaleni's body left them quote confident the rare substance epibatidine killed Navalni, given by touch or injection and likely synthetic version lab made, said an expert.
Speaker 1: Oh lab made. Oh okay, because I was about to say it. I'm kind of surprised that they used some toxin from a dark frog to kill Navalny when he was in prison, because they could have killed him however they want.
Speaker 3: They could to hit him in the head with a brick. I mean, nobody was going to get any have much get much information out of that prison.
Speaker 1: Right indeed, and the frog squeezings are tough to come by there in Siberia, but now they can make it synthetically. I mean, what's AI going to do to that? Is every murderous you know soob in the world going to be Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: You opened the show with I believe noises of pessimism about the Russia Ukraine piece deal. Yeah, oh yeah, no, yeah, he gonna work it out.
Speaker 1: No, No, there's still unbridgable gaps between the two countries, plus putins of megalomaniac. I don't know if you've ever negotiated with a megalomaniac. It's it's tough.
Speaker 3: He has no interest in quitting, even though he's currently losing thirty five thousand.
Speaker 1: Men a month, which is non imaginable number. Right, that can't last forever, you wouldn't think, so, No, no mystery though how that one ends? Good lord, it's so grim. Hamas is refusing to disarm, and so we could see a return to action there in the pretty sandy alleys of Gaza before too terribly long I hope the college kids have got their Kafia's handy they didn't, you know, like give them the good will or something. They'll need to break those out again.
Speaker 3: Well, we've talked a lot over the last four hours. All the reporting is that it's quite likely we attack I Ran and it'll be a multi week's war, not just a quick hit and run. I wonder under the cover of that, if Netta Yahoo does whatever he's got to do to clean up Gaza, because they wouldn't get a heck of a lot of attention while we're at war with Iran, if he can avoid the appearance of like a major campaign and just surgical, quick and brutal. Ye, yeah, we're gonna according to the reports, it's like we're gonna bomb Iran. We've got assassins in there. There's all gonna be all kinds of strategic taking out their weapons systems. It's gonna be it's gonna be quite the story.
Speaker 1: And do we see the discombobulator used to discombobulator? Yeah, he got my Siti out. Get what they got? Sound for final thoughts thoughts. Here's your host final thoughts, Joe Getty. All right, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. To wrap things up to the day, Michael Angelore, technical director, will lead us off from the control room. Michael final thought.
Speaker 6: You know, I could see websites having some sort of time limit, So you're gonna be scrolling on these things and all of a sudden a scream will pop up and say, you've been on here for two hours?
Speaker 1: Don't you think you should stop? Yeah, yeah, I wonder I would like that. I think I can set my phone up for that.
Speaker 3: I should do that, though, I wouldn't mind having a little thing pop up, say it's been fifteen minutes. Dude, you said you're gonna look at it for like two.
Speaker 1: Minutes, right, Yeah, Katie green Are esteemed to us one as a final thought. Katie traveled over the weekend.
Speaker 3: The airport I was in had a pizza hut, long lines, no stray cats in the area though.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Now so people were in line for pizza hut. Hmmm, yeah, it's funny, solid inexpensive za.
Speaker 3: Now, while we're on that topic, I told this story at the time and it's still true. I remember which I don't remember which major airport I was at, though, but they had like a Healthy Place, salads and stuff like that. Real airport was packed Ana McDonald's. Line at the McDonald's you had to wait for a long time. No line at the healthy Spot. What do you need to know about an obesity problem America? People would rather stand in line. I need a solid My final thought.
Speaker 1: Is it dwarfs every other challenge we have, including war with Iran, or the economy, even the national death, the indoctrination of our children in government schools. I think it's the worst thing happening in America. Well, we're gonna pay for the price for it.
Speaker 3: I think for many years to come Armstrong in Giddy or I pick I'm another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: Perhaps the ultimate price so many people thanks to a little time go to Armstrong in Giddy dot com. You got a lot of great hot links. If you want to drop this line, you can do it mail bag at Armstrong a Giddy dot com pickup's Maine g swag. I was just wearing the hot Dogs Are Dogs t shirt. It makes a real statement about you are not going to reject reality just because progressives tell you too. Will we be at war with Iran by the time we talk to you tomorrow. I don't know.
Speaker 3: See then, God bloss America.
Speaker 1: I'm Strong and Getty. They meet every day and talk about the way the world is gone straight and taking Doe.
Speaker 7: And they're mixing Joel, taking Joe for all you good foods and bodizing.
Speaker 1: In the day tacking toe. Subscribe to the podcast arm Strong and Giddy on demand, Armstrong and Getty