Speaker 1: Oh you feeling.
Speaker 2: This is our production of iHeart Laudio and Overtones Media.
Speaker 3: Chill out, dude, Hello.
Speaker 1: Jack, I'm outside. What of your apartments?
Speaker 4: At your door?
Speaker 3: What do you do to the front door?
Speaker 5: I want to play a game.
Speaker 3: Wait, decide you know you're not Wait what?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Can I help you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Is this Jessica called Moorgan floor?
Speaker 4: Okay? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm bossing so hard right now.
Speaker 1: I was scratching some random's door. But also he's a very handsome brandom. Oh I'm sorry, BB. The ten was the worst. Okay, I'm literally gonna beee my family.
Speaker 5: Oh go go peepp Bruney, No, you little perve. Sorry, No, he doesn't understand boundaries. He is bringing shame to my family.
Speaker 3: A damn dog. So I thought I told you I had a UTI?
Speaker 1: Yeah what just again?
Speaker 3: Oh I know, it turns out I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm just anxious about having to peece so I pee all the time, and now I need to retrain my bladder.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm sure that you're fine, but you are crazy.
Speaker 3: But what if it is a uti?
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm probably fine, but yeah, so I already got started.
Speaker 6: Oh the movers are coming when tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Okay, but the bedrooms down, the bathroom stone. We just need to throw the rest in boxes and then I want to cook for you. I got this like really good funky orange wine and sweet potatoes, and I accidentally bought this really expensive salmon.
Speaker 1: How do you accidentally buy expensive salmon?
Speaker 3: A long story? Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh wait.
Speaker 3: What is this? Own?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Just a little something?
Speaker 3: Oh my word, what did you do?
Speaker 1: Moving themed goll moving.
Speaker 3: Socks with little packing peanuts. You really do have.
Speaker 5: Socks for every occasion. I'll wear them one moving day, thank you.
Speaker 1: Of course, Bbe.
Speaker 6: I've gone down the rabbit hole of packaging and it's actually pretty amazing how much innovation is happening in the e comm space right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw you guys were like doing a thing with Little Greenie. Oh should we start in the living room?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, yeah, Little Greenie one of our collaps along with a ton of sustainable fashion advocates. We just recorded a whole spot with Sheena Lourgan Organ.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: She's this advocate advocate with a major following on Instagram yes, and two point or a million followers on TikTok so. Her first time working with someone with such a big footprint since we're usually working with micro creators.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, let me show you.
Speaker 6: Okay, you are seriously gonna flip because she's so cute.
Speaker 5: Hey, lovers, Okay, so I'm here with niche feet, and I'm so excited to announce my new collab with honestly the most comfortable socks ever.
Speaker 3: So sos have always been a.
Speaker 1: Favor of much she worked with her design.
Speaker 6: When I put them on, they just feel so silky and soft, and it's really nice after.
Speaker 3: A long day.
Speaker 6: But also I love wearing them with my taivas because they have the funnest patterns.
Speaker 1: If you're feeling bold and you know, I think you get the rest.
Speaker 3: So wow, what a footprint.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's she's so cool.
Speaker 1: She's really down to earth.
Speaker 3: No, she seems really nice in the video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't you pronounce them tevas?
Speaker 3: No tavus. You want to take the bookshelf and I'll do these perfect?
Speaker 1: What are you laughing at over there?
Speaker 3: Do you ever? And your dad were tivas to the father daughter dance?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 6: I try to forget that, like every day highlight of middle.
Speaker 3: School or still has the same He is the influencer.
Speaker 6: I die if he got a TikTok. I blocked him on Instagram because I can't.
Speaker 3: Start Jerry Is on the Gram. I am adding him right now.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, please let me have this. Fine, you're only going to be grim.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine being in middle school right now and feeling the need to post on Instagram all the time or TikTok or oh god, our kids on be real?
Speaker 3: It's all so fucked well.
Speaker 6: There's actually some good stuff going on there too, like BLM wouldn't have happened without it.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, I amplified it. It was like already happening.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like all the protests in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I saw the fundraiser you did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we donated all profits that week to the Black Women's Small Business Coalition.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: A black woman artist local to Santa Monica designed the branding.
Speaker 1: She's so good. She's actually my neighbor. It was so funny.
Speaker 6: We've been going to the same coffee shop for years and I was like, why do you look familiar?
Speaker 1: Did you go to Davis or something?
Speaker 6: And she was like, no, I went to USC But then she asked me if I worked for a niche bee, because she had seen me in the thirty under thirty thing, which I was mortified by. Why because that article is like the most asshole thing I've ever agreed to do, like poosing for that picture with my arms crossed.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean this is a picture.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you framed it.
Speaker 3: I framed it.
Speaker 5: You always frame when your best friend is in Forbes thirty under thirty.
Speaker 1: Thirty under thirty for art and fancy.
Speaker 3: I'm still a thirty under thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, I love it. I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you too.
Speaker 1: Uh when did you paint the statement wall?
Speaker 5: By the way, like the first week of COVID when I was actually productive and I thought I was going to use that time to be actually productive.
Speaker 1: I love it me too. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was trying to remember the last time you were here, and I think it was when Miura wasn't down. No, no, New Year's Eve, Oh my god, that's right, Yeah that was. Oh nope, Rooney, don eat that. Rooney, you've done as out?
Speaker 3: God sor are you such an idiot something? No?
Speaker 6: No, he's sweet, But yeah, that was a good New Year's Did Jeremy ever call you? By the way, Jeremy from New Year's You met him my birthday, the one who brought the Portland ipa and got a migraine and had to leave. Oh right, he doesn't drink IPAs anymore because they gave him migraines.
Speaker 1: But he asked for your number.
Speaker 3: Weird?
Speaker 1: You never texted me?
Speaker 3: Weird? Wait? No, he did text me, but it wasn't gonna work out.
Speaker 1: What why?
Speaker 3: He's gu Come on, geographically undesirable.
Speaker 5: Who wants to sit in traffic for fifty minutes only to misshappy hour and pay storage pricing both ways?
Speaker 3: It's not sustainable, it's not desirable. Quit. Well, you're a head. Plus, he only texted me once. Was not like you really liked me?
Speaker 1: Did you reply?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: So you gusted him?
Speaker 3: He is west of Fairfax. I'm not that desperate for probably mediocre dick.
Speaker 1: You're kind of putting him in a box.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: Hang on, it's work. Hello, what's up baby? Mm hmmm?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well they're not supposed to take them home.
Speaker 1: They're great.
Speaker 6: Okay, can you put up the flyer? It's supposed to say I got crabs.
Speaker 1: But I'm fine. I know, I don't know. Darren out of it.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: No, it's not problematic. You're problematic. Stop okay. Oh oh okay, no, I can be there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just have to no, no, no, no, it's seriously no problem. You're my number one, but you have to sub for me for Cabo. Okay, okay, I love you, bb Bie. Sorry I was kidding. I'm sure his penis is fine.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I know, or great and maybe even worth the drive. I mean, Santa Monica's beautiful, and you know I love your spot.
Speaker 6: I moved actually what well not actually same building, different unit.
Speaker 3: Wait, I could have helped you pack.
Speaker 6: I actually love packing. It's really satisfying. Like maybe it's a residual Marie condo.
Speaker 3: Thing, so I could have helped.
Speaker 6: So this thing came up for tonight. My social media girl had a conflict. So oh yeah, she's a single mom by choice. She's incredible, but this thing came up and she can't make it.
Speaker 1: But it's not until eight, so we'll definitely be.
Speaker 3: Patched by then. Do you think you want to say it for dinner?
Speaker 6: So, I mean it kind of depends on the traffic since the thing is over in Venice. It's like this ironic crab shack and dangerous mes caw ploma's.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, just let me know because I can defrost the salmon. Now.
Speaker 6: I think they might have food there, and I don't want you to waste your nice salmon.
Speaker 3: Well, I bought it by accident, right right?
Speaker 1: How the fuck do you buy salmon by accident?
Speaker 5: So I went to the farmer's market on Sunday to this local family owned fishery guy, and I was like, I'll take a pound of salmon, because how much is a pound?
Speaker 3: Even?
Speaker 5: And then he cut it and weighed and wrapped it in the paper and then he hands it to me and I see the price, and I'm like a god like a little like panic attack.
Speaker 3: But I can't give the salmon back to the fish farmer man. Oh right, thank you. I don't want to be that person.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you can't be that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I paid for it and I didn't buy anything else. I just came right back home. I don't think it'll last the move the salmon, right.
Speaker 1: So I oh, can I let you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 3: So is eating crab a cute? Look?
Speaker 5: Now for the gram Sorry, sorry, TikTok?
Speaker 3: Do you want this?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: It's really nice. I just never use it.
Speaker 6: I'm okay to good will you go thinks though, Yeah, of course, tell me about your new place.
Speaker 3: Oh it's super cute. It's just this little bungalow by the rest of our you.
Speaker 1: Know earl like the person does street.
Speaker 3: I don't like by the dog run. Well, it's really nice over there. They have a big dog run and a little dog run. Rooney goes in the little run. But wait, don't pack that. Oh, I'll use it for the salmon. You love the dog run. You're gonna have so many friends now you're little dumb dumb.
Speaker 1: Oh could you not call him dumb?
Speaker 6: It's just like kind of mean to him.
Speaker 3: He's a dog. I know it's a joke.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I love my dog, but I know it's it's mostly your tone, my tone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like sometimes I feel like you like say stuff like you're joking, but it's actually.
Speaker 1: Kind of passive aggressive.
Speaker 6: Like I feel like, for example, like you know earlier, when you like texted me that I was late and then I came and then you told me.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, because you were late.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that wasn't really my fault. I mean, there's like a ton of traffic.
Speaker 5: So okay, So I was just like saying facts. You said you're gonna be here three and then you hit traffic and you.
Speaker 3: Were really late.
Speaker 1: No, so I was just I.
Speaker 3: Don't know why.
Speaker 6: No, it's just like, no, it's it's your tone.
Speaker 5: It's the tone of how I talk. Never mind, I'm sorry, the tone of how I tech.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's forget it.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 5: No, I want to understand, because I don't want you.
Speaker 3: To be mad at you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not mad at you.
Speaker 3: You seem kind of mad at me.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I'm just getting frustrated with it.
Speaker 5: It's like, wait, sorry, what tone can you specify?
Speaker 6: Like the tone that you use when you're basically shitting all over everything in your life like your dog and my friends and my business.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm not cheating on your business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you kind of are. Look I'm sorry. I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Come on, you know I'm so happy for you and like all that you're doing.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 5: It's just like, I feel like since you moved to the West Side, you were you have different priorities.
Speaker 1: What's that supposed to mean?
Speaker 3: Everyone Jessica, you know you're from Berkeley.
Speaker 5: You've on the same pair of berks since your feet stopped growing in seventh grade, and now you're selling statement socks so some influencer can wear them while winking at the camera, and I'm matching yoga side.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, Let's come on.
Speaker 3: We used to make fun of those people.
Speaker 6: It's a small business for women, run by women.
Speaker 5: And you're killing it, okay? Is that what you want to hear? Jess Are you seeing your therapist?
Speaker 3: What? Why?
Speaker 6: Because you're clearly harboring all this anger and you might want to consider working through it with a professional.
Speaker 3: But I'm not angry, Jessica.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're angry.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not, and I'm sorry you feel that way.
Speaker 6: Jess I'm saying this because I care about you. I love you, bb and if you need medication to help you with this transition.
Speaker 3: Medication for being a bitch boebe.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you're a bit.
Speaker 3: Buck is baby? And why do you keep calling me that?
Speaker 6: If you're gonna attack my terms of endearment, then you're definitely holding on to anger.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what are you doing.
Speaker 3: Throwing the salmon away? Hey, I don't want to eat it, Alonge.
Speaker 6: Fine, make the fancy salmon and I'll watch you eat it.
Speaker 1: I bought it on accident. Who the fuck cares? It's salmon.
Speaker 3: I wanted to eat it with you.
Speaker 1: Look, I think this can compit in that fall.
Speaker 3: I think I can manage the rest by myself.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to help, you know, I don't know, I know, And thank you. Really the crabs can we It's.
Speaker 3: Fine, I'll be fine. It's fine, h okay, but thanks for coming and for the socks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course anytime.
Speaker 3: Oh no, rooneye stay stay, Ruddy Rudy, come here, come here, Come here, you brilliant little genius dog. You so smart. Wow, fuck off, it's just you and me, babe.
Speaker 4: This episode of GUFF, which stands for Geographically Undesirable Friend, was written and directed by G. G. Hawkins. Story by GG Hawkins and Sarah Yarkin, starring Madison Lanacy and Sarah Yarkin as Live and Jessica, also starring Andrea Raggio as Sheena Lorigan, Tony Demazzo as James, and Rooney Kim as himself. Thank you to Lyndon and Paul, Colleen Skavinski and Finley Yarkin. The editor and producer is Cameron Kell, additional editing from Carrie Anne Thomas. On set sound mixer is Daniel Martinez. Sound designer and head of post production is Diego Perez.
Speaker 1: Creator and showrunner is James Kim.
Speaker 4: On set photographer is Julian Park. Score by Robert Garova and Ryobaum. You feel in this as a production of iHeartRadio and Overturnes Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, check out the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.