Speaker 1: Look out. It's only films to be buried with. Hello, and welcome to films to be buried with. My name is Brett Goldstein. I'm a comedian, an actor, a writer, a director, an Airbnb and I love films. As Saint Francis of ASSISI once said, all the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle. Try being sad when singing in the rain is on. I fucking dare you. Wow. That's the kind of passion I like from my saints. Every week I'm by a special guest over. I tell them they've died, and I get them to discuss their lives through the films that meant the most of them. Previous guests include Barry Jenkins, Sharon Stone, Mark Frost, and even But this week it's the brilliant comedian, writer, director, podcaster creator. It is mister Neil Brennan. You can watch all of Shrinking on Apple tv Plus, and you can watch ted Lasso season three episodes one to eleven on Apple tv Plus. The big finale is next week. Oh boy, I really hope you love it. Watch it. Love all of these Thank you. Head over to the Patreon at patreon dot com Forward slash Brett Goldstein, where you get an extra twenty minutes with Neil, where we laugh a lot, we talk about beginnings and endings. He tells me a secret. You get the whole episode uncut and ad free. Check it out along with all the other episodes over at patreon dot com. Forward slash Bret Goldstein. So Neil Brennan. Neil Brennan. Neil Brennan is one of the great comic minds. He co created Chappelle's Show, he co wrote Half Baked. He's also got an excellent podcast called Blocks, which you must all listen to. He then went on to become one of the all time great stand ups. If by any chance you've never seen his stuff, watch his specials Three Mics and Blocks on Netflix. They're very funny, they're very moving. It's a very unique thing that he does. He's also got a podcast called Blocks that I will never go on because people have to be really emotionally honest and I hate it. But it's a very good podcast and you should listen to it. We recorded this in his living room in la I was grateful for his time. As always, he's a very lovely man. I really like him, and I think you're really going to love this episode. So that is it for now. I very much hope you enjoy episode two hundred and forty eight of Films to be Buried With. Hello, and welcome to Films to be Buried With. It is I Brett Goldstein, and I am joined today by a director, a writer, a screenwriter, an ad maker, a blocker, a podcaster, a man who can't perform with less than three micser, one of the great stand up comedians of all time, and a person in his own right who isn't defined solely by his work. He's a man, he's a legend. He's now working out. Please welcome to the show the Brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I kind of have a couple, uh what you them, I've been working out, but I'm being self taught about it.
Speaker 3: You do self, you self teach.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What happens is it turns out I was doing things wrong wrong.
Speaker 2: I just was too glute focused. Have you dealt with the glutes? You know, you gotta like turn your glutes on. Your glutes are not active, like just day to day. Your glutes are just dead, they're atrophying. So you have to like like take your you have to take your glutes to like rehab. Pimp you have to pimp your glutes. Remember to pimp your glutes. And uh, there's that. I just so I was too gluty. I wasn't thiish enough. I was doing virtually no back exercises. So some of this stuff with my trainer, I've had three sessions. But I'm good at and some things I'm like laughably weak.
Speaker 1: But we'll get there. I mean, I didn't a big fat ass, big old fatty. I got a dog you gotta love. But when you walk to my after I've been to do, I'd like to hell, Now what am I gonna do with all that? I'm gonna put that? Huh No, Now, I can't speak for everyone in England. You're you're You're a mega style in America, a mega stuff, and I'd say England you're a minor stuff.
Speaker 2: I England, I'm trying to sell some tickets still the Life Square Theater in July.
Speaker 3: Not a ton of tickets, but like, come on, ten, maybe maybe one. Let's just get them, Let's get let's.
Speaker 4: Get them, let's build that place.
Speaker 1: Right now, you've.
Speaker 2: Started pocasting yourself. Neil, sure you won't. You refuse, You flatly refuse to do it. You're the first person who has pled British. You said, I'm too British for the for your podcast. My podcast is a little emo. Oh look is here my Donald Keith from my Netflix special Blocks.
Speaker 1: Those you were just listening. If you hear heaving, it's not me, not yet. But he sat on the glas So yeah, I have a podcast called Blocks where people come on and then based on a Jimmy Carr British person.
Speaker 3: Huh huh, he's going to.
Speaker 2: He's I only I've only done them live, so when he comes over here, he'll do it. He'll be here in December. I'm not trying to sell tickets for him. Jimmy had the idea to have other people come on Blocks is based online Netflix, specially where I talk about the things that feeling are wrong with me. Jimmy said, have other people come on the podcast and talk about things.
Speaker 1: That are wrong with them? And you are too British. Yeah, I'm too brittis too. I'm also like, why tell the world have fucking on your foot?
Speaker 2: Well, we've all in America, we've all, we've built it's it's an arms race to see reveal the most. As usual, we can't leave anything. Everything immediately becomes an armed person who can reveal the most.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's a great name you're listening to.
Speaker 2: You look, you love it, So you know why we go like, oh, I'm not as crazy as I thought.
Speaker 3: I was sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've got some big names on there, and I always say a tennis David Lemon, Yeah, David Leniman is probably the biggest name.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Bird Kreiser and Bobby like yeah, big comedian's Yeah. So it's been one day when I man.
Speaker 2: When you're ready to be honest, when you're ready to be honest and stop lying constantly.
Speaker 1: To the public, Yeah, come on, come on, When is that love that do you find? Because listen, you're a clever boy and you're all you know, you got a good brain on it for the comedy, but you'll comedy both specialists, very emotional, very emotional.
Speaker 4: And then it was that put.
Speaker 3: It was not hard for me because I'd done and.
Speaker 5: Not emo and people didn't really care, like I just did the classic an hour of glib confident ideas.
Speaker 2: That I'd worked out and it's a because I'm a longer story, which is because I did Chappelle Show with Dave. I created Sposha with Dave, and so when I started doing stand up, people were kind of like, who's this guy thinks he can And I was doing it because I wasn't work with Day anymore and I didn't want to be a I didn't want to like work too much in show biz, so I was like, let me just be a comedian. And so I felt like I needed to explain myself a little bit. I seemed like kind of like a cocky like M and that, and which people thought I wasn't. I was like, oh no, no, no, no, no, I'm I'm quite sad inside. So I'm I did it mostly as a explainer for who I actually am.
Speaker 1: That's like when I stand up, I did it to show people that I wasn't a terrorist, which was a little bit.
Speaker 3: Listen him from my head shots, well yeah, in your eyebrows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys can't see his eyebrows. Imagine if al Kada made eyebrows. Okay, if Alcada came out with branded eyebrows, which, by the way, not the worst thing I've ever heard, Like.
Speaker 3: Not that close to you.
Speaker 2: I've seen closer together and I don't know what you're doing, if they're waxed or what's happening.
Speaker 1: This is all on that sural this, but shaved them up in the morning and.
Speaker 3: Are but intense intense eyebrows. There's a word for you which is here soot h I R s U T E. Yeah, it just means Harry.
Speaker 2: But to quote uh the guy I already mentioned one stage Chapelle, White people have too many words for things, and hears soot is a good example.
Speaker 3: What do you make of I've been canceled culture? Thank you for ad.
Speaker 1: What now that you've done two shots in which you've gone, I'm a sad right, what's your idea for your next time?
Speaker 3: I don't act so strong.
Speaker 2: I look at these glutes a lot of glue shots. I don't have another sad premise. I may do a thing where I take it all back.
Speaker 3: That's right where I'm like I psych yeah like that good, Yeah, Like I take it.
Speaker 2: All back because I have not changed my mind. But I feel like the mental health movement in America has gone so far past anywhere it should have gone. It's so commodified. Like I was saying, earlier. It's like we're turned in an arms race on social media. It's up there with like astrology in terms of like goofy motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: Talking about it.
Speaker 2: So a lot of my new act is kind of about like how silly it all is.
Speaker 4: You're so like we need to t enough and stop talking about how I feel this is.
Speaker 2: It's more about, like there's a big movement for good mental health and sports in America, and I was like, I want mental health for everybody, but not athletes. You know, what I call an athlete with good mental health and assistant coach is.
Speaker 1: What I call.
Speaker 2: So like that's a total contradiction from what I've been saying, but I actually totally believe it.
Speaker 1: This Yeah, this is a great heel tad, as I say. In America. Yeah, we don't say it that much.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't you think you.
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like people oh you over here at restaurants and some people with gas stations. It's a wrestling term and maybe it's like a real screenwriting term, which are your world. But yeah, so it would be a funny. I take it all back, Neil Brennan, I take it all back, right.
Speaker 4: I did great, Neil. That's thing.
Speaker 1: I forgot to tell you something, and I should have told you when I got it by your backside, but fu, I should have said it, earl, you've died.
Speaker 4: You're dead, You're dead?
Speaker 3: Oh fuck? Yeah I thought something was off. Yeah, do you know?
Speaker 4: How did you die?
Speaker 3: We are we talking? Are we you want to talk about? I wantska? Is that what this is about? Talking about? Again? This is yours your dream die, a dream death. Well, this idea of people's fear of dying alone.
Speaker 1: I do not share one hundred about it.
Speaker 3: Why would I want?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's kind of cruel to have, Like, Hey, the thing you're most terrifying of, come watch it, Come watch me do it? Come watch someone you sent that you worship. Probably come watch someone that you like, you did like, Yeah, there's so many like experience the thing you're most terrible. It's like you want to you want you guys want to watch me choke and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: Uh, you don't.
Speaker 2: There's no pine lick for this. I'm gone. I think it's rude. I also think it's uh notcissistic. It's not scissistic. Yeah, I also don't think when people go, oh you died alone, or she died alone.
Speaker 3: I hate, I'd rather I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna judge my life by it's like an amazing meal and then the dessert's not great, or like the last bite of the desserts.
Speaker 3: Not great, and that right, it doesn't like fuck the whole meal, fuck all of it.
Speaker 2: I'd like to die like old at this point and not not. I don't want any sort of decline whatsoever. So southern death, sudden death at like a hundreds, but that has that happening working to you.
Speaker 1: Hit by a problem, fucking right, your heart tach fucking so you're not alone unless it's dead by this.
Speaker 3: Point, which, let's be honest, probably.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a sexy Probably, maybe you break through the skin and it expeded you and you die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my cock was too powerful. Yeah, like it was going like hey hey, hey, hey hey. The last romances last words were hey hey, hey, hey hey. So that's pretty cool for me.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 3: It's not bad.
Speaker 1: Way to guy and you were a hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, you do you worry about day? No?
Speaker 2: I used to not believe in any god or after life. Tell the people briefly, I did aahuasca a bunch of times, and then I did DMT once and it absolutely broke me. DMT, but when I was reconstructed eight months later, half a percent better every day for around eight months, I'm better in every single way as a result the DMT breaking me.
Speaker 3: And but from ayahuasca and ad that stuff, I.
Speaker 2: Believe in a god and I believe even U in after life. I'm like positive that it exists based on my experiences. So it doesn't mean it's true. It just means I believe it. But it's probably true. I come on, come on, look at me. I'm wearing a patirt. So yeah, So now I believe in all that stuff. But for a second, I was terrified of it after the DMT because my experience, I was kind of there and uh, it's incomprehensible.
Speaker 3: To a human spirit. So I was really terrified of it.
Speaker 2: But now to the point of I'm not gonna say I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not afraid of it.
Speaker 1: But when that sex, When you hear that, don't turns of the sex program saying hey hey, hey, hey hey, You'll be like yeah, all right, yeah, so you can't comprehend it.
Speaker 3: But but I'm not that you know. Yeah, I also don't think being a hurt person's easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight up, I don't think it's like easy. So I don't know what the other what the next thing will be, but I I mean, look, help, it's you. And by the way, we're two of the most fortunate people on planet everything, so and we're like this is easy.
Speaker 3: So so God, God.
Speaker 1: Speak, Well, I'll tell you what what's on the other side heaven?
Speaker 4: Hevin this film with your favorite thing? What's your favorite thing?
Speaker 3: Robot pussy.
Speaker 1: It's disconnected robot pussy.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, grounded the ground and robot pussy. Please robots, if you're listeners, please ground your It's like, uh yeah, robots, you got a ground and pussy?
Speaker 3: What am I talking about?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: What this podcast is? Every week it's just how quick then a person you make the person say robot ice cream? That's my favorite thing? Question I was.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of sex robot pussy filled with ice cream everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's ice cream. It's like ice cream stations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're all men by your sorry, welcome there. Everyone's a big fan of bu stuff and they they're very happy to say, but they wanted to talk to you about film.
Speaker 3: Like still still do this.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love when at the Oscars all the nominees go and the winners, because ever since I was a child, I've loved film as if it's some kind of big revelation. It's like, yeah, it's movies. They're the most popular form of entertainment on earth. There's nothing special about you loving them, you fucking narcissists. Anyhow, go ahead, I can't wait to see how much you love television this year at the Enemies. And by the way, if all the people, if lawyers got the kind of attention that actors get, they'd all be at the Law Awards going like, ever since I was a young person, I loved jurisprudence. I was always in love with The minute I heard about jurisprudence, I knew I had to be a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Brad, what the best thing today? When they ask, I mean, you're absolutely right. This is still up the point everybody. Yeah, they're the.
Speaker 3: Most popular from well, actually they're less popular.
Speaker 2: Well they're less lucrative in the video games, but significantly lest like the fact that they cover and what oh, it's not even close Yeah, it's like porn feels sorry for movies. Yeah, it's so popular.
Speaker 4: Is that you're working very upday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh sweetie, you're going to Cairo.
Speaker 3: Oh honey, just go to.
Speaker 2: The San bron Ando Valley, go to Studio City. Oh sweetie, I have to go get a UTI medication.
Speaker 3: But enjoy Cairo.
Speaker 1: The first thing that they read, because the ice thinking then is us is what's the first film you remember?
Speaker 4: Saying the brand.
Speaker 2: Well, there's like the false memory thing, closet memory that you've been telling this story ability now. I remember going to the theater to see Jaws, but it was it was a re release.
Speaker 3: Like if you're young, They used to just re.
Speaker 2: Release movies in the theaters because there weren't enough movies and there wasn't enough TV, and there weren't enough albums, so they would just.
Speaker 3: Go like, ah, put that out again.
Speaker 2: So I saw Jaws in the theater, but it came out in seventy three, so or seventy five, so I would have been I wouldn't even too at that point, so it was probably seventy nine, eighty eighty one.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing et gotta say, not that into it.
Speaker 4: Amazing why I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just didn't. I was like, you know what.
Speaker 2: One of the things I remember that I a line that I didn't understand. I remember going like, I don't understand why that's It's kind of like the same state I'm at this time.
Speaker 3: You know it's me. It was me back then.
Speaker 2: When there's a line where there's there like eating breakfast and one of the kids goes, come on, mom, it's the eighties, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, what does that mean? Like, first of all, it's eighty.
Speaker 2: One, as if that means any it as if there's any difference between nineteen eighty one and ninety seventy nine, you know what I mean, Just like they lacked logic, which I'm still hung up on.
Speaker 4: That's quite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like either the first or second scene. I think it's a firstning like come on mom, it's the eighties, And I remember getting a huge laugh and going like the fuck how was that? Like why is that funny? I guess it's a kid being precocious, but it's not to me. It's not good writing. He took each of this and I think my parents and also there was a long line to see it, which I and I.
Speaker 3: Don't love kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I used to live in Venice, and this is how you play into this. I used to live in Venice, California, and when I moved in, they said your neighbor is a screenwriter and I was like, and out here, that's they say that all the time.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh yeah, it was a woman.
Speaker 2: I oh yeah when you write and goo et Melissa Mathison, it was married to ten hairs board. But no One Eat is still one of those things who are like no one wrote et just existed. But it's also a funny like oh yeah, what she's right? Oh oh et, Okay, sorry, sorry about my time?
Speaker 3: I understand why is it? I should I had? And I blew it. I could have.
Speaker 1: I didn't have to.
Speaker 2: I could have just yelled it, just come on, or just played it and been like what does that mean and then just do it until she finally answered, but you are twenty five kids. I'm one of ten kids.
Speaker 3: Young, insane, insane, yes, truly irish.
Speaker 1: I think how you the person had my siblings? I think that's one another contended. Who would that bank?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 2: I need to guess? Yeah? Are they from my family? Ten kids? Yeah, and you're the button kids. I gotta I'm the glue, the gl Yeah, yeah, I'm the I'm the final. What's the final? I'm the finale. You and the culmination. All the storylines are wrapped up in me. You Oh, it's sixteen years older than that, fucking hell yeah, yeah, I mean it late. I don't understand that. Yeah, you hear about it and it seems impossible. It does, but it happened.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 3: I remember it ten and sixteen.
Speaker 2: It's just is a wild This sounds like a you know how long my mother was in labor with me for forty minutes and the podcast right now.
Speaker 3: Forty minutes. It sounds like a joke.
Speaker 2: No, it makes APSI I mean, we don't need to get into two specifics.
Speaker 3: But forty minutes. So she sat dad puped out.
Speaker 2: She was actually walking down the street and she looked down and was walking next to Yeah, looking for scissors.
Speaker 4: That's a deal, any scissors.
Speaker 3: I need to cut this thing.
Speaker 1: So yo that so that just might becomes that what i'men say comes out Andy comes out a couple of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's a bit like you want to let the swelling go down their cheeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they love kids, I no, really.
Speaker 2: Hated not My mom didn't want to be alone and boy did she did she take care of that. Yeah, so my dad hated kids, hated all of us.
Speaker 3: It's that I include that in three mics.
Speaker 1: I did know this, but I'm fascinated, like, like, was was he just trying to make a kid that he had? Did he hate you?
Speaker 2: I mean I think he was just fucking and he didn't know how to stop. They couldn't use protection. But then it's like, well, what do you do after me? Did you just stop? I doubtly stopped. I'm sure he love but not with the British firms going, how these dynamics with ten and I have assistant with very close? Are you closer? Noting any of them?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: It's it's a bit of like the game RI where certain people are not talking to other people and it's a it's a lot of allies and access and allies, defections and factions and oh, I thought I didn't realize. There's a wedding two weeks ago. It was you know, some people came, some people didn't. There's a trip coming up this summer. Some people are going, some people aren't.
Speaker 4: You speak to some What do you think you speak to them?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say I speak to all of them?
Speaker 4: Did you speak to some of them? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I speak to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got faes, But did the favorites Chase?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a brother who didn't talk to me for seventeen years and then texted me a year ago or something. You well, uh yeah. It was like he was like he'd watched something or you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like sort of like, hey, you're they so yeah, there's that where it's just like you shut the door but only so much and you kind of just go again.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I also, I'm like pretty empathetic about like, however you feel like you need to deal with this, go ahead and deal with it in that way, because it is a bit of a Vietnam situation where it's like, hey man, whatever, you got to exercise every day, you want to do heroin? Whatever, no one does heroin. But I'm saying like, whatever, however, you need to deal with it. You want to if you you go to therapy, you got everybody deals with.
Speaker 1: The different one. But do you want this view?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you want like as in, if none of them at a Puvia game. Would you be like I miss my family or because you always seem by self blah blah, But.
Speaker 2: I think that family is like valuable, like as a like old friends, you know what I mean for like context or they're good for just like Hey, was that? Am I miss remembering that? Or did I really see jewels? Did I see jow? Is it possible? Did I love that line?
Speaker 3: At eighty? I remember not liking it? So am I miss? Did I? Am I wrong on this? Did I laugh just.
Speaker 2: As hard as the rest of those suckers at an eighties joke in nineteen eighty one?
Speaker 3: It still makes me mad.
Speaker 1: You said a lot on your podcast, looks that you want bone beds, good people that you work with, Yes, that you are like sad bone people.
Speaker 3: I think the word you're looking for is codependent.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm bad with boundaries. You're independent dependent? Yeah, I'm a Yes, I'm like an avoidant codependent or independent codepend It's a good way to put it. I tried to rewrite it and realize what a fool I was for trying to rewrite the.
Speaker 3: Great bred Gold Simmy the Man's one Emmy None Where did you win?
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've loved television. I love letters and arranging them in certain ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting better with that.
Speaker 2: Here's the issue with codependency, though, or with like it's the thing I'm talking about on the podcast, which is I don't want to learn some of the lessons I'm learning.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't want to be I don't want to think less of people. I don't want to think. I want to think that relationships are infinite. But the lesson I'm repeatedly learning is like they're, oh, they're quite finite.
Speaker 3: People are quite finite.
Speaker 4: So like, is in your life you change, they don't change, they change, You don't.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's the line I cut from Blocks, which is like, you want to fuck up a friendship?
Speaker 3: Grow like you grow, they don't. They grow. I mean kids, people have kids.
Speaker 2: People get jobs, people move, people like there's a lot of complicators. And then I also have a hard time negotiating what is what I can ask for, you know, because you know people have different standards, and you go, am I.
Speaker 3: An asshole for asking for that? Or are you an asshole for saying no?
Speaker 2: Like if somebody doesn't text me back relatively expediently. It doesn't have to be like five minutes, but like you have to text me back at some point, like within twenty four hours, right, that's even Let's I'm being generous. I'm trying to seem reasonable.
Speaker 3: I think I ten.
Speaker 4: I think I missed one. If you text one, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's true.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't be here if you have Well no, if you want them, you get, you get one grade, yeah you get yeah, no yet, So I I don't know if I'm an asshole if am I an also for asking for that?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Are you an asshole for not or should I just be like, I don't know many people.
Speaker 2: I understand people are busy, and I personally missed text from penitent I don't know. That's just that's kind of a bad knickknack example. But boundaries, expectations.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not great at it.
Speaker 4: Crying was the film that Cried and now you have there's a.
Speaker 3: Couple that come to mind.
Speaker 2: The Amy Winehouse documentary made me like yelp, cry like yelp, like wow, I'm crying hard, Like I'm crying a little bit thinking about it.
Speaker 3: The opening scene where she sings Happy Birthday and you're just like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck it's coming out of the small body, like Ella Fitzgerald's coming out of this tiny British body. And there's an athlete named Bo Jackson in America and he played baseball and football.
Speaker 3: He is professional and he was like a just a crazy.
Speaker 2: He basically injured himself because his muscles were too strong, and that's kind of what happened everyone else. Her muscle, her instrument was too big for her. Boy her experience like like they could, yeah for a human beings and even like well that should have it's actually a who wrote London Fields and Rachel Diaries from right British author.
Speaker 3: Yes, you went very British on the first pronunciation.
Speaker 2: He had an observation that actors are all short because they're basically six feet of person condensed into five foot six Like it's so you've got six feet of presents condensed. But that's what Amy Winehouse was like. She had like she had like basically fifteen feet.
Speaker 3: Of talent in a five foot body.
Speaker 1: It was like you in the afterlife, your buddy, your humanness couldn't.
Speaker 2: It was too much for the robot yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: And the other one anyone. I cry every time I see it.
Speaker 2: There's sections I cry in the beginning, I cry in, I cry the body bag, I cry it. There's some paparazzi photos where you can see her almost like pleading. There's a guy, there's a producer named Salaam Remi who talked about her like wanting to work with her, where they're like, who's gonna pay already? He's like, I'll pay for it myself. I just want to fuck with this girl. Like that makes me cry. Just the whole story is like just incredibly said. And then there's a This is where the codependency comes in. There's a movie called Clean and Sober starring Michael Katon about sobriety and AA. Somebody in AA like uses and gets in a car accident and it's a nice shot, so I think it's overhead, but it's like when I it was like someone I was counting on to not drink head drunk.
Speaker 3: My father's alcoholic.
Speaker 2: So that's why I get like a little when people have drug or alcohol problems that they can't either are not interested in or can't solve. Are they're not interested in solving or are powerless to solve it. It hits me in a certain way. It's a it's a hope that I have with most people. If somebody has a drinking problem or a drug problem and they tell me, I'm like, I have to divorce myself from this because I will. This will make me insane.
Speaker 3: Even I gotta be asked.
Speaker 2: When people lose weight, I can't even engage with it because I'll be If they gain it back, I'll be pissed. I don't think I'm alone in that one, because it's a bit of like, hey, everybody, it's a bit it's you're reminding me to a wedding and then getting divorced, basically, Like, I don't like that either, you're tricking me, You're wasting my time.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well about being scared, what's the scaredy device? And do you like it not?
Speaker 2: I don't tel like you're changing the subject. I feel like you're rushing out of the subject.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not doing that. I'm just aware of how it's.
Speaker 2: Constraints of human of the finite. The movie that scared me. You're giving me nothing but go, I mean, get your shovel motherfucker England, Get your shovel. The movie that scared me, I believe it's called The Changeling with.
Speaker 3: No it's an old Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like all in one house, I believe, and amity the horror scared the absolute absolute fucking like tar like to my But you know what, by the way, you know what movie newer movie The Ring. When The Ring came out, I watched it in a hotel I was on the road with Chappelle. I watched in a hotel room. And then maybe two days later he called me terrifying to go.
Speaker 3: You watched it Ring, didn't you like?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like I that movie scared the ship out of me, like a nice a good scare and a good like a good a movie, a horror movie that's got something ethereal and logical. I'm like, yes, it's like if it's ethereal with if it's consistently ethereal, that's like you got me and with a good score, sign me up and has to I'm kidding. And an actress under thirty five in her prime.
Speaker 1: You you direct, but you don't direct films.
Speaker 2: No, I direct one Jeremy Piven car movie called that Adam McKay and Will Ferrell produced and Will Ferrell's end called The Goods and it came out in two thousand and nine and they were like, that's.
Speaker 3: Enough for you. I found directing it was for Paramount Division Paramount. I didn't really enjoy it in that it's just did you enjoy some of it? Aspects of it to how the thing was just stressed.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of stress. Well, I enjoyed the I enjoyed. I enjoyed the shoot. I enjoyed the It's just I didn't have much power, but I got the full brunt of the blank. So it's like, well this I don't like, Like why would I? This is not and I just dune a pup show. So I had like full up to a point. Say, I mean like there's an old Tom York one time said that Radiohead is the UN and he's the United States.
Speaker 3: Which is like the funny thing said, and that's with me and Dave's deal.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, you know, it's like if he didn't like if I didn't like it, probably wouldn't get on.
Speaker 3: If he didn't like it. It definitely so like it was his show. But I had a lot of sweat.
Speaker 2: So going from having like forty seven percent of the power to three percent was like, oh, this is not enjoyable whatsoever.
Speaker 4: And you you're you wouldn't want to do it again.
Speaker 3: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: I mean at this point, I don't really I barely watch movies anymore. I know it's insane, but I just like, I'm doing this. I'm pretending I like them for you. But I watched documentaries and stand up and sketches and like Late Night it's kind of more and this is kind.
Speaker 3: Of what I watched.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the best comedy movie is the last twenty years of all been like based on TV shows or at Team America forgetting some to America of south Park. But it's like it's basically like south Park logic. Yeah it's not, it's a it's I'm stretching the the metaphor, but like south Park movies were funny, Like, so, yeah.
Speaker 1: What is the film that you love Critically? It's not a claimed most people don't like it. You can keep it as a.
Speaker 3: Fucking idiot any given Sunday.
Speaker 4: I like, it's a shitty movie.
Speaker 2: I like it, I know, but it's it's the most cliche everything in it is a cliche. Yeah, literally every the guy's wife who's like you get out there and play, and yet it works.
Speaker 1: I buy it. It's great.
Speaker 3: I mean every line is horrible, like it.
Speaker 6: Just should not and I hate hates it like any given Sunday. Yeah, it's not. It defies every it's like way too long, it's.
Speaker 2: Like not shaped correct screenwriting wise, It's got zero redeeming qualities, and yet it.
Speaker 3: Totally works at chet. Yeah, it's like it just it's.
Speaker 2: Got it's got nothing going for it, nothing going for it. Like Jamie Fox and ll Cool Jay are in it, like who are sort of like from the same They're like the same type in terms of like like they both shouldn't be in the movie, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Does it did?
Speaker 2: Jamie Fox does has a Willie Beeman song that he was like super into Alpacino. You're not gonna believe this a little broad cam and Dia is like mad or no, she's an evil one. I mean, just like everything's a cliche, and yet I'm like, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a really good answer. What about a film that he used to love? But your boys fings in you?
Speaker 2: But I feel a lot of those uh, eighties comedies, Trading Places is doesn't make sense. A lot of them just don't make sense, Like what just they would have busted. I mean, I hate drag.
Speaker 3: Movies, right, something like it odd to me. It's so awful. It's the fact that people like it. I'm like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Like this is so fucking bad and broad and like oh and then like I'm wobbly and my heels and just like I just missus down fire. I didn't even bother. I was like, this is I'm going to punch the screen. I'm gonna bite the screen. I'm going to charge the screen and bite it. If it's a drag movie. I'm just like, no, this is so dumb.
Speaker 3: Trading Places is uh.
Speaker 1: I came to it very late, wheneverone's telling me they loved it and I want to sit and I was like, hey, it takes an hour to trade places, an hour of people talking about let's make the trade places and you're like yeah in the title, yeah yeah, and then the second half is about beans or something else.
Speaker 2: Like it's also like the thing at the end where we're gonna stock and we're going to take trade and you just like.
Speaker 6: What now, this doesn't make sense, not for me that one, Yeah, what is the film that means the most of you?
Speaker 1: Not necessarily the film itself is good, but the experience you had seen the film make it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go ahead and say train Spot.
Speaker 2: Jam because it's great and the reason the short and me, me and Chapelle saw it and he was like, we could do that for Weed, and then we ended up writing hatpics, so like that's that's why. That's like why it's personal or whatever. But I like it's like an essay. It's very vignette, and it's like sections. It's like chapters, right, chapters with score and incredible sequences, and some of them are like nonsense, like the one where they moved when they just opened hot. It's like the last third when he moves to London, it's like that it opens too hot, and Danny Boyle said in a voiceover that like he was going for a commercial for London. It was like, yeah, fucking was weird. But I respect like the impulse. It's like you couldn't make. I just liked how sequency it was. The whole thing is like feels kind of storyboarded and music video ly in the best way, and then Fight Club same like same like oh like sequences and like this like montage when ifs thing burns down and they do the.
Speaker 3: Ikea ye pan which early.
Speaker 2: CG too, so like, and there's stuff that they sort of innovative things where they did they shot on like.
Speaker 3: Still cameras because the cool thing.
Speaker 2: I direct commercials and they'll say who would you like to be the DP? And the first commercial I director was for Nike and they go, ship is Jeff Cronoworth Okay?
Speaker 3: And I go, well, what's he done? They go, you know, bight Club. I'm like, he'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he told me shit from that like innovative things to me.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's a push in on Helena Bottom Carter that it's like still shot, still shot still it's pushing.
Speaker 3: But it's she's moving right.
Speaker 2: I'd have to show it to you, but I remember Jeff telling me like, oh yeah. And City of God means a lot to me, just because it's the types of scenes back to back that kind of shouldn't work, like it's like a coming of age movie. And then it's the most violent scene you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then it's like a great chase. And then it's it's like just so many cool freezes and voiceover. I like freezes and voiceover Like that's just my shit because it's like it's probably the most like stand up yeah, and it's also the most like it's the most novelistic. The thing that I don't like my movies is you don't exactly know what the life of the character is. You don't know exactly what they're experiencing other than like emotions on the face are like.
Speaker 3: I gotta get on that plane. I'll tell you why that there is a Harrison Port that you may recognize that from your work with it.
Speaker 1: Get on my plane?
Speaker 4: Can I?
Speaker 1: Can I get back on the play?
Speaker 3: I love my.
Speaker 2: Umbrella in the terminal, So voiceover the great thing with voiceovers, and they voiceover it's kind of slagged in the movie.
Speaker 3: Can you which I?
Speaker 2: It's like they always say movies that show me medium, not to tell me medium.
Speaker 3: I like telling people shit. I like Yes.
Speaker 2: I like Paul Schrader's movies because like he did Taxi Driver, he did a movie called Light Sleeper.
Speaker 3: He did he does movies where like you hear what.
Speaker 2: The character's thinking and I think it's like Kilsa, the best movie about alcoholism and codependency called Affliction. That's fucking yeah, it's excruciating.
Speaker 1: That movie.
Speaker 2: So I like movies that have a voiceover and a freeze frame and a you know interested Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it's the Pills relates.
Speaker 2: In some ways the Heartbreak Kid the original, right, but what it's a guy who's trying to do the thing you're supposed to do, which is like he was supposed to get married, it's supposed to be normally supposed to and then he's just the end of it. It's just he's so fucking lonely, and he's like talking to a bunch of little kids. And my favorite ending, and I hadn't thought about this, but the end of Once Upon a Time in America. It's a de Niro smoking opium, and there's a freeze frame that makes you want to do opium, where you go like, boy, boy, that looks great, and like really perfectly perfectly happy. So I think it's they're both alone and one of them satisfied and one of them's deeply dissatisfied and yearning, and I'm somewhere in between.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Hey A guy this is ny makes a nice did his book cuts? No, I think what's the sexiest film? You have to say it's a.
Speaker 2: Gang bang and it's unborn hub type in gang b h No, uh, the risky business, I think really, I still think some of those scenes with Rebecca de Morney are like on the Train, it's such a weird movie. It's kind of a it's like kind of a comedy. It's not that funny though. It's like a producer. They guy produced that big, a guy named Bob Simon's. He produced a lot of Salmo movies as well, and a bunch of stuff. He now has the studio. He one time said most comedies take place during the day, and when he said it, I was like, the fuck out here. But the more I thought about it, I was like, he's right. Even the hangovers the next day. Isn't that fucking fascinating?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, And he's right.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, you're like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't want it to be right, I was like, no, it's cool and night shoots and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 2: That's why comedies are mostly kind of just bright, and they're bright and flat. They don't have to be flat but they're mostly bright, the Fairly Brothers being the best example of like a lot of primary it's bright, and there's a lot of like peach.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to find I'm thinking of spine. It's happening other than songs happening at night. It seems of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so Risky Business a lot of night Ghostbusters four day And you think the endings at night.
Speaker 4: Seems very nicety.
Speaker 2: I don't remember interesting beginning is day library, nextterior library, unsuccessful comedy night seems very natys Wow. Yeah, No, so Risky Business is very nightty and really moody and really like Hayes smoke machiney. It's like a dream sequence. It's like an adolescent male dream sequence kind of so that and and the sex stuff is like really sexual, like really sexual. What are some common answers for this and tangerine dream music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, cominans is you know the mosque or it comes up?
Speaker 1: It up?
Speaker 3: Ah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: What the subcategory is troubling by is worrying? Why dunes the film you found the rousing you would show you ship?
Speaker 3: Can British people understand you?
Speaker 2: Because there are sounds where I'm like, what it's it's like, it's not a sex it's it's English, but.
Speaker 1: Not by much troubling, worrying.
Speaker 4: Why does a film you found a rousing?
Speaker 2: Do you think that there's a reason why your character talks nothing like you? Do you think that's part of the success of the character. Yeah, it's a different register the character. I've seen clips I this. I couldn't think of an answer for him. No, tons of shame. I remember, Well, it's when you're a kid, you're just looking for boob. You're just like on the hunt, and you can't believe them when you're when you watch like Late Night tell them here. We have to think called Cinemax a cable network, and you would just you could we would call it skin a Max and you would just it was a steakout for you were on a steakout for for for tips and like it.
Speaker 1: Was and they were it were always it was always worth it success.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember that movie called Amazon.
Speaker 2: Layman on the Moon had a bunch of boobs and it was like a comedy so that it was kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Airplane had boobs, said, I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe the funniest movie shit, but it is a parody.
Speaker 4: And it's brightening it within the play.
Speaker 3: Itself, not exactly. I mean it's pretty.
Speaker 2: There's pools. There's like a lot of pools of light. It's a it looks like an airplane. It's not like sole plane where it's just all blown out. So yeah, like you would just look. I mean, forty eight hours, no trading places, Jamie Lee Curtis takes his shirt off for no reason, and she had the best like hall of.
Speaker 1: Fame, yeah, rest yes, hall of Fame. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like that was one of those where it was like I remember I was. I watched it at my neighbor's house and it was rated R and I was like, I don't know if I'm allowed. So they called my parents and my parents are like, he can, and I was like, what just happened?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I still don't understand what happened.
Speaker 4: I think didn't care about you, and they're.
Speaker 2: Just, oh, oh that checks out.
Speaker 1: Well, it's objectively the greatest film of both time, favorite but the greatest.
Speaker 6: I kind of think City of God. I know, it's like you can have it, You're gonna like.
Speaker 3: I don't think it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it wouldn't I know it's in the top one hundred, so I think anything in the top hundreds fair game, like obviously The Godfather.
Speaker 3: There's movies like that that like yeah, I could, I know what you mean, or Boniflide.
Speaker 2: I think it's not amazing, but I don't think it's like the best, but I think it's like context wise, it's great, Like if you saw it then, it was great Chinatown. It feels like the afternoon in nineteen thirty nine or whatever, you like, it really feels like you're alive back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was nothing to do.
Speaker 2: They didn't even have I mean, you go to the movies, but they didn't have tell that like they didn't there was nothing to do but China.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit boy, but that makes it.
Speaker 2: But the ending you want to talk about the most cynical grand the most cynical. Yeah, but yeah, like that's a that's an amazing movie. And then like do the right thing in terms of like effect on me, do the right thing. I'd put up there because when I saw it, I started like researching Spike Lee and then he said he went to film school, and I was like film school, and then I went to n y U Film School, yeah, so it was like, Oh, I didn't even know that was a thing you could do. And then because of that movie that I loved and then him doing press for it, I was like, ah, so it had like a arguably biggest effect on my life of anything besides childbirth and this podcast.
Speaker 4: So great as you can have it, but I prefer the right thing.
Speaker 2: It seemed like that, well train Spotty or do the Right Thing are in that category. Oh good films, Yeah, say what you want, take nothing away. And then there's also a movie like, uh, that's a what's your favorite slow movie? Any An? I hate David Lynch movies. I hate, I refuse I you can't.
Speaker 4: You, I can get I get you would it because.
Speaker 2: It's like you gotta follow some of the Joseph Campbell stuff.
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 2: Sorry, everybody, there's gotta be a story here, got sorry. Sorry, you can't just the impetus for filming. It can't be I thought of it. No, sorry, Chief, you gotta there's gotta be a narrative structure here that's gonna pay off.
Speaker 3: There's no payoff.
Speaker 2: It's just like more more vibes and mystery, and I don't love Sophia Coppola for the same reason. It's fine. Sophia is more narrative than than h than than David Lunch. He told the straight story, which is like him kind of thumbing his nose and me like, oh really, how about it's about a lawnmower. Yeah, I'll tell your story. Yeah, I'm gonna do you trying it sounds poor. How about a movie about a guy driving a lawnmower that ending of that film Lesson Learned. I don't even remember, which I don't remember, beautiful, I don't remember. You know I haven't used this alone.
Speaker 3: You know what I could do. I've been driving this thing around. You know this cuts along? What is the film you could or have watsimized?
Speaker 4: Ian ever? Gay?
Speaker 2: This is categories. In high school, it was Platoon and Wall Street. That's three other side film that I know.
Speaker 4: He's great. I love it? You ready to boot?
Speaker 1: No, you love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And also you know I'm not talking about enough he rob Ryan.
Speaker 1: The greatest in the package is Upset. It the greatest five movie run in the history, five old star, ten, old time classic.
Speaker 3: Fucking Kimmling. You need n't write any of them.
Speaker 2: So I gotta like take points off but why isn't it he mentioned.
Speaker 3: Because they're poppy you meant five.
Speaker 2: And also harrm Man Sally is is Annie Hall like when you when you like they literally have the same song.
Speaker 3: There's ship in it.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like, dude, you kind of can't rip something off this. But like Princess Brian's final tap when Harrmont Sally the misery stand by.
Speaker 1: Misery, I know a few good men good men, Yeah, like misery, just misery, like any one of those movies.
Speaker 2: Like he's such a different yeah, different times. Billy Wilder said that. Yeah, Billy Wilder, I would put you may not have Billy Wilder the same thing where Billy got like five to five of the best movies from different genres. Yeah, like he's got something like a hot so like barre him. But but the Apartment, Yeah, unbelievable movie. And like can't still can't believe that's the plot from sixty years ago My sounds at Boulevard, the big ace in the hole, Like he's just got like a doublin demity, he's got like oh fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah no that like a crusher. What was what I said it was? It was it was platoon.
Speaker 2: In Wall Street and then do the right thing a lot, and then transpoting a lot. And then I went through a heavy sodaberg out of.
Speaker 3: Sight a lot, I say, a lot, a lot of a lot of.
Speaker 2: The like still talking don Cheetle in my head from that movie a lot, like just talk to myself.
Speaker 3: I like I didn't like the Ocean Spoies.
Speaker 2: I felt like he kind of like sold out somehow, Like I didn't really like a Rococo.
Speaker 1: To what is Your worst though? That's that's the dwelling, the negative. I wish you'd told me that forty years ago. It's a apprend, it's some thing to make a living. The I mean, I'm gonna go crash the movie Crash, the l A Crash, Yeah, the l A Crash, No, the l A Crash that won the Oscar.
Speaker 2: And it was just like the whole time, it's going like this is like step one, Like yeah, like freshman.
Speaker 3: Year, Racial Reckoning Ship.
Speaker 2: It was just like toothless and stupid and like all white people and it's like a white brain trust.
Speaker 6: Just going like and then but he'll see and they'll hold each other and.
Speaker 3: It's just like nauseating the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a really good outset and you can have it.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: You're in comedy, very funny. What's the fit that made you laugh them?
Speaker 2: We mentioned a bunch of them Airplane Team America. Borat's really funny, harrm, and Sally's great, Annie Hall's amazing, Bananas is really funny. Something about Mary I haven't seen a long time, but the spirit of those movies king Pen king Pin's got so it's got the most good jokes per capita of most movies I can remember where he's like, fuck, this.
Speaker 3: Is funny and tonally kind of all over the place, but I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, Neil Brandon, you have been fantastic as expensive. However, when you were one hundred years out and you fucking sex article very well by the way, well you too, well, you were renowned in your area, in your sort of block. People would talk with pars Yeah, and now streaming on Netflix end podcast. You know that hundreds of years old guy that keeps fucking that sexer.
Speaker 4: Quite a noisn't it.
Speaker 3: You do always hear that sexer what saying?
Speaker 4: That was great afterwards and people were talking about it. Anyway, one day you're making. It's so hard that the sex rabo.
Speaker 1: Says, hey, hey, hey, hey, and you break through the skin of the human Rember sex River and get let ye dead.
Speaker 3: I'm walking around with a puffee, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like, why wrapping to Neil Brennan, and people go, he just lives out there, and you said the sext erble all the time.
Speaker 4: They go, I'll pay me a visit. I'm not going to do it now.
Speaker 1: For events.
Speaker 4: I'm breaking, and I find you.
Speaker 3: British people will understand what you just said.
Speaker 2: They really will. I think I heard breaking is all I understood. I think it was sounding break in some people.
Speaker 1: There are regular people who listen to this and maybe just to discipher when it is up set. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't very you know, no one's I don't get feedback.
Speaker 3: Do you use like Google Voice. I'm like you to give you some feedback anyway.
Speaker 1: You've melted with this sex robot, You've burned into it, so you are now twice and sided.
Speaker 4: It's you and this sex robot. You're dead corps. So I have to get a fucking fire act.
Speaker 1: I'm shopping at you. Why I'm chopping at the robot. Stop all of you in this coffin, and there's far more than I was expected.
Speaker 3: Why am I getting buried with the robot?
Speaker 4: Because you were melted to it?
Speaker 1: Because it lets me and he caught fire and you you can't separate it. So stop you in the coffin. There's no room in there. It's jammed, jam packed. There's only enough room to slide one DVD into the side. Oh right, you just taking across to the other side. On the other side is maybe not every night? What film are you taking this? Sex per se ice cream vendors in Heaven? When it's your maybe night, Neil Bread, you're presenting it, you'll be doing Q and A.
Speaker 3: What's Oh? I don't want to be repetitive.
Speaker 1: You know they haven't been listening to it. They would have had the chat with you, but they didn't really that this is you asked me the worst of Phillips. We're actually gonna watch it, and I'm just gonna this is I love this family, you love it. I have a good night.
Speaker 2: Let's go with pulp fiction, right yeah, yeah, like an unbelievable like Quentin Tarantino knows something about movies that I don't.
Speaker 3: Interesting like there's just like certain guys.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way about Todd Phillips, where I'm like I said this to him. I was like, I go, dude, I used to think you were all casting and then once the Joker did.
Speaker 3: As well as it, I was like, all right, I don't something.
Speaker 2: This guy's got a thing that I don't quite understand. But even like he fought for the cast of The Hangover, like they didn't. The studio was like eh, yeah, and he was like, no, it's gotta be done, so that's time. But uh, I got pumplition lovely. They're going to really enjoy that, haven't been. Yeah, the robot busy you. Yeah, I was gonna say, you don't think they want to hear about the robot?
Speaker 1: Wasn't like yeah, the movie is cool, but so yeah, you broke through the skin of the sex proble and it killted it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you have foot your back? And we watched that instead of public citnema.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I'm saying, like, probably you probably get an from the robot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you want to see my heaving chest, but we didn't. You didn't put it in your coffee. You could have taken the hand.
Speaker 3: In the cloud. We're in the cloud anymore. Yeah, you're right, I would.
Speaker 4: I want to see that monop.
Speaker 1: Have to put it to a Yeah, you've seen popliction, I've seen and I haven't seen you die ont of the sex robot. Basically, I just don't not sure. I want to see your face if it's if it's the robot, no this, I'm not sure. I want to see your dying bay not him.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's your own pride, that's your own biases near bretten.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you'd like to tell people to look out for.
Speaker 3: And watch just now?
Speaker 7: I mean you can come to the square that's Yeah, that's the square called Lester buy those last six tickets, buy them last tickets, and uh blocks and and free mics, jumy cart one time goes.
Speaker 2: No one's even heard of you in England, never heard it, Like he was really made a point of explain how not famous name in England. I'm not that fame as America either. I'm just saying like it's profound. It sounds profound in England. I think you're gonna enjoy it or acute, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I believe it have you been Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, you'll love it. Well, all right, Neil Brettan, thanks very much, good time. Yeah, I have a wonderful dad. Good day. So that was episode two hundred and forty eight. Head over to the Patreon at patreon dot com Forward Slash Brett Goldstein for the extra twenty minutes of chat, secrets and video with Neil Brennan. Remember to watch Shrinking and Ted Lasso on Apple TV Plus for the finale next week, the finale, the end of everything. Oh boy, are you ready? I'm not come on? Head over to Apple Podcast. Give us a five star rating. But right about the film that means the most to you and why it's a lovely thing to read, helps numbers, etc. And it is very much a nice thing to do. Thank you. Thank you so much to everyone who listens. I hope you're all well. Thank you to Neil for being so open and for give me me his time. Thanks to Scruby's PIP and the distraction Pieces of Network. Thanks to Buddy Peace for producing it. Thanks to iHeartMedia and Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network for hosting it. Thanks to added Richison for the graphics. At Least alone for the photography. Come and join me next week. Oooh ooh boy, I know I've got next week. Maybe I'll tell you there's the name Trent crim mean anything to you? Yeah, I thought it might. So that is it for now, and in the meantime, have a lovely week, and please, now more than ever, be excellent to each other.