Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jekie and no Hee arms wrong who from the studio c definitely let room deeper than the fowls of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound. And today we are under the tutelage of Valentine's Day. If this is not the perfect val this is the important thing. If the person you're in a relationship with does it go one hundred percent all out on Valentine's Day, you should break up today. Clearly stop. Isn't that the message we're being sent No by Hallmark move and cards and whatnot. We need to break that. Yeah, well we've been working on that. I don't know how many years you been with us? Two years? Yeah, so Joe and been. Joe doesn't say this, he's nicer than me. Joe's not here today, But I say this every single year. And it's just my anecdotal evidence. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I personally have never known a long term, successful relationship that took Valentine's Day. Seriously. I've known hundreds and hundreds of people who took Valentine's Day very seriously, and they had horrible relationships or they fell apart. They were always in and out of relationships. But I've never known a single long term, successful relationship that took Valentine's Day or any of these other things very seriously. Yeah, I can see what you're saying. That's just my personal experience. Yeah, so I need to have a conversation with my husband because he too. See this is the problem. Though. You can get into a relationship and they pretend they don't care about Valentine, but they secretly do, and then you don't do anything and then they're all hurt. And but again that gets to what I was saying a little bit earlier. He went all out this year's and that's nice, maybe, you know, I don't know, I don't know. No, it's very.
Speaker 2: Sweet, but it's like, dude, I got you. I got you a card in a box of meat hearts. Meat hearts, Yeah, you know, like those candy hearts that have stuff written on them.
Speaker 1: These are all the meat M E T no M E A T.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know the candy hearts that have writing on them, like the.
Speaker 1: Little chalco ones that are made of chalk.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, These are pieces of beef jerky that look like those and they have little things written on them and they're called meat hearts.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Oh fantastic. Yeah, wow, that's cool. So a lot in the news today. We have some interesting people to talk to. But I was going to make the sub general manager happy Valentine's Day. You're fired, which is fortunately or unfortunately fortunately if you believe we need to cut government in size and scope, which we absolutely do, unfortunately on some individual basises, because it sucks losing your job. And I'm sure there are people that work very hard and tried very hard and everything like that that are losing their jobs. But I personally know once again my anecdotal evidence of federal agencies where they have laid people off, and it's in the news today. The letters are going out thousands and thousands and thousands of people across the country getting the nod that they are being let go. Most of them at this point are in the there's a one year or two year probationary period. I understand it's different depending on your agency or whatever. At a certain point you get all these civil service protections. Once you're in government, and it's almost impossible to fire you. Why we offer those, Well, I know why the government voted. It's the government. They of course they voted for themselves to have civil service protection. But why we offer those I have no idea. None of the rest of us have this in any world. Maybe college professors, but other than that, none of the rest of us have this. Here's an example I've got for you, and I will not say what agency this is or where it came from. Department downsizing. This is a person who was talking to their boss yesterday who works in a federal agency that I know a number of people in our area offices are downsizing. This person said, my boss has never worked in the private sector and is very upset. Said they only had only were able to give them a couple of days notice before they were fired. Really, that never happens to anyone else. And this person said, my boss apparently doesn't realize this happens every day outside of this particular federal agency. Yeah, so, you know, welcome to the real world to a certain extent. I mean, if you again, on an individual basis, it sucks losing your job. And I guess this particular boss said some of these people moved for this job, the only reason they moved here. Yeah, that happens all the time too. People moved to a job and they're there for a week, a month, two years, five years, tenures, whatever, and then out of the blue, you get fired completely lader, no fault to your own. Sometimes you're working hard, you're doing a good job. They just decide to go a different direction, or you know, the company's failing, or like in traditional media, everybody in traditional media, legacy media has been downsizing for years, radio, television, newspapers. I can't tell you how many Black Monday's, Black Fridays we've had around here, haven't we all? And we've all survived, thank god. But where emails go out and you start getting the nod that all across the country people are being let go, and you wonder who's next. It happens all the time. Why would federal employees be immune to that or don't don't or don't have to deal with the reality of Jeez, I picked up my family and I moved here for this job, and I thought it was gonna be my career, and now it's gone. But it's happening all across the country. Today, so again, Valentine's Day, You're fired. Life is like a box of chocolate. Yeah yeah, I one time in a relationship that did not work out. Actually making my point with someone who took Valentine's Day very seriously, attempted to go out to eat. The one time in my life I've tried to go out to eat on Valentine's Day. It is a nightmare. I don't know how y'all do it, and a lot of you do it, because it took me, I don't know how long to find a restaurant that had any I waited until like three days before Valentine's Day. I didn't realize it was impossible, and it was nearly impossible to find one reservation an awkward time at a restaurant far away, but the you can't park in the parking lot, and there's not enough room in the restaurant in the waiting area, and you're standing outside, perhaps in the rain, in the cold, and maybe you're dressed up, but it just it just seems miserable, absolutely miserable. But hey, knock yourself out if that's your plant, tonite, can't wait to go to dinner later, have a good time, but the restaurant stunts make a lot of money, so I don't know. As Joe always points out, for profit companies, installing expectations on us is not the way it's supposed to work. And I wonder. And I'm going to tell an amazing Valentine's Day story here in about twenty minutes. It's it's it's hilarious, it's heartbreaking. It reminds you of what Valentine's Day was like when you were a little kid. I dreaded Valentine's Day all through grade school and then high school, and like, why do our schools put this pressure on all the children and make it seem like, boy, this is a very very important day. And if you don't have someone that's going to give you something and care about you, oh man, you are a loser. That's the message I felt like they were putting out in school.
Speaker 2: My negative feelings towards Valentine's Day started my freshman year in high school.
Speaker 1: I had a crush on this guy, thank you Gladys.
Speaker 2: And the school had this program for where, for like two bucks, you would fill out a piece of paper and put your money in an envelope and then at some point during the day somebody would show up in that person's classroom with a rose.
Speaker 1: Right, they're doing that at my son's high school. I think, oh my god. Okay, so first of the flower Graham. They're calling it or Yandy Graham or something like that, the Flower Gram. I was the only girl out of our girl group. I didn't get a rose at all.
Speaker 2: I was mortified, embarrassed, and it was.
Speaker 1: Just like, why why did that happen? Right?
Speaker 2: You know, ah, just bringing up bad feelings guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got quite a story about that. I'll tell later later this hour. So we got clips of the week coming up a little later. Let's start the show officially because I got another newsy thing to jam in. I'm Jack Armstrong. Joe Getty's taking the day off because he had his big birthday a couple of days ago, and all his kids are in town and he's celebrating a birthday with a four day weekend. I am Jack Armstrong, and it is Friday, the Day of Love, February fourteenth, the year twenty twenty five. We are i'mstrong. You getting we approve of this program. We'll start the show. When should we start it? How about it? Mark Hey? Foo. This is mister T and I want to wish everybody a happy Valentine Day.
Speaker 2: From one sweetheart to another, sweetheart, love you, love your bait.
Speaker 1: Wow, We've been using that clip for a very long time. That's mister T, star of the eighties. Some of the news that happened overnight that I want to get to all the layoffs, will get into some of the departments and places around the country where they're laying people off, and maybe agree with that, maybe you don't. What's going on with Eric Adams, the mayor of New York is quite the story. They dropped the charges against him. I think he's absolutely a crook, but he has decided man getting the illegals out of New York's the most important thing ever, so MAGA world is jumping on supporting him, even though he's a crook. The most interesting thing is the senior person in the Justice department there in New York resigned in protest yesterday. She said, I'm quitting. If we're dropping charges against this criminal with a solid evidence we have, I'm out. And she wrote a scathing letter that we can get into a little bit later. And she had four underlings that went with her. And so you're probably thinking, well, this is some sort of New York lefty or whatever. She is a Federal Society card carrying member. She clerked for antonin Scalia. She is as conservative as you can get, and conservative means the law is the law, and you know, you buy the ticket, you take the ride on breaking the law. And she does not like this. She believes, well, she didn't specifically say this, but the belief among many is the Trump White House, through the Justice Department, made it relatively clear. If not, you know, you don't have to state it out loud for a quid pro quoil, made it clear that hey, we'll find a way to drop these charges against you, Eric Adams, if you get full on board with the whole boot and the illegals out of New York, which I'm all for booting the illegals out of New York. You can't let him get away of being a criminal. So we got a lot more on that coming up. I mean, the fact that this very conservative attorney resigned yesterday in protest, I think should mean something. We'll see, we'll see how it gets portrayed politically, because there's the legal aspect and there's political aspect on all these stories. Obviously, got a lot of good stuff to get to today. Clips of the week on the way in just a few Uh, here's our text line four one, five, two nine five k ftc oh wow, keep it going CNN of yacht rock, Valentine's Day songs that would be perfect today. Lou rawls huh with love that's tender as that voice is a panty dropper as they say. That's just people say, I'm like sitting here loving this song. Jacket at dropper, of course, is that I've heard people use that term and I did to appreciate it. Oh uh, you're back on TikTok. I guess everybody, Huh, Apple Store and the Google store. You can get the TikTok app again. I haven't looked into why that happened or whatever. Yeah, you can get TikTok again.
Speaker 2: So Pam Bondy told them that there won't be a penalty if they put it back in the stores, so they went with it.
Speaker 1: So the band's over or all right? Well, more on that later, but first we need to do this. We do it every Friday. It's we call it cow. It's an acronym for a fond look back clips of the week here. I don't want to be here every week. Let's sound crazy for a week. In just the last month, more than twenty million birds have been impacted by bird fluid. This is one of the most severe flu seasons.
Speaker 4: In the United States in the last fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Two suspects loading one hundreds of dollars worth of eggs and other breakfast foods and white.
Speaker 5: Fan President Donald Trump's pledging to enforce the existing twenty five percent tariff on all steel imported into the US.
Speaker 1: Pennsylvania teacher Mark Foegel is all smiles. He says he is thrilled to be back on US soil. I feel like the luckiest man on earth right now.
Speaker 5: President Trump saying that if a moss doesn't release those remaining hostages, then he thinks that ceasefire deal should be canceled.
Speaker 1: Let hell break out. I don't want to spend an hour applying glitter on my face so that you will hear and see me.
Speaker 3: For a best in show, I choose the giant chnellsy.
Speaker 5: Mark, who has used the unfortunate nickname big Balls.
Speaker 1: Big Balls. Here, which done? Are you? On the world's richest and unelected man. We do need to delete entire agency. It is an attempt to take the funding and take the right away from each and every child. You're rider with the Union or a scavvy musk plod hound.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need this, and you know he's abused by you people every day.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump, and.
Speaker 5: We don't live in a democracy if we live in a bureaucracy.
Speaker 1: He wants too bow to him, but we want him in jail.
Speaker 2: The United States does not believe that NATO membership for Ukraine is a realistic outcome. You Ukraine is an equal member of this peace process.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting question. The you don't up on the homes turnovers. Google's thought put six looks Cooper ka chuon the latest Eagles team in modern history. Eagles fans safer and choice, fantastic Cow Hanson. Hanson puts cow together at h at great Laborers laborist paints Joe's going to join the show just in a few minutes when we come back. But how about text line inst mail bag. We got a bunch of texts on different topics that we brought up already. My neighbor got laid off a year ago, along with ten thousand others from one software company. We all remember last year when Intel Facebook they started laying off people by the thousands. Yeah, I know government workers are getting the letter today that they they're fired. But it happens to people, It happens. It just happened to everybody. Happy Valentine's Day to Katie from another girl who didn't get a rose carnation or kansa gramm at school. Thank you. We got the text that schools that do do it now. When my kids were younger in grade school, they did, but it was mandatory. You had to get one for everybody, and you weren't allowed to put your name on it or something. So then we went so far the other direction that they were meaningless. So it was just complete. It was a meaningless like task you had to do. It was basically just filling out a list of names, and nobody got any feeling out of it whatsoever. So I'm not sure that's the right answer either. The right answer is to just stop it and Valentine's stop it. Twenty five years in restaurants, writes this Texter. Mother's Day in Valentine's Day are humongous moneymakers beyond belief customers will put up with anything and pay superinflated prices ten twenty dollars more pro ententree, endless weights, and people will just put up with it. I won't, but enough people will that on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day? Can the restaurants just print money? So there you go, and I hope you have a good time tonight. If you got the eat Man Friday night and Valentine's Day. Whoo, my son's got a Valentine's Day dance at the high school tonight and I talk about that later. Joe joins the show. Other news of the day on the way. If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: And how about an amazing moment caught on camera when a kayaker off the coast of Chile gets swallowed by a humpback whale. Adrian Simancas admitted later that he thought he was a dead man, quoting I thought it had eaten me, that it had swallowed me. Moments after the whales surfaced, it began to dive deeper, and that's when Simancas and his fellow kayak or his yellow kayak somehow got free from the clutches of the whales jaws and resurfaced grateful as you might imagine to be a If.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen that video, it is amazing. This giant whale like its CGI comes out on the ocean and swallows this guy in his kayak and then somehow it like I don't know, it's like a hair ball in his throat and the whale kind of coughs it out and he's out and the whale goes off. But it's just holy crap. Yeah, you'd think you were dead anyway. Welcome to the Armstrong and Geddy Show. It's just me today. It's funny. We got a text yesterday with somebody saying, if you have trouble telling the difference between Jack and Joe, Jack's the dumb one. Oh geez. But joining the Armstrong in Getty Show today is Joe Getty. You can be heard nationwide on a radio station near you on a very popular podcast called Armstrong and Getty on Demand. Here's Joe Getty. Joe yo, yo. You know what I always say. You hate to get swallowed by a whale, especially the day before Valentine's Day. Uh yeah, yeah, I'm I'm I just got home.
Speaker 4: I was behind. I'm sure I was gonna be home five minutes ago. Got behind guy who does twenty two miles per hour in a thirty zone like all the way through the hood.
Speaker 1: And also I ran. That's why. That's why I carry a ball, a bag of ball bearings in my car so I can throw those at the windshield. I've always been a Q ball guy. You're gonna drive too slow, You're gonna have dents in your car. That's the way I look at it. Joe is not here today because he had dipped himself in red paint for Valentine's Day and is having an allergic reaction. But yeah, it sealed up.
Speaker 4: All my pores and went toxic.
Speaker 1: Some antibiotics will take care of that. Let me hit you with the news story of the day, because I haven't mentioned it yet and I can't believe it's not getting more attention than it is. Interview with The Wall Street Journal out today, JD. Vance says that the US if Russia does not agree to a cease fire deal with Ukraine, the US will hit Moscow with sanctions and potential military action, and Vance specifically asked if the option of sending US troops to Ukraine if Moscow failed to negotiate, and good faith absolutely on the table.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, he said, he refuses to take anything off the table. Why would he seems like a big deal. Well, yeah, it's a big deal in and of itself, although I doubt very seriously that that would happen. Why It also suggests rather strongly that Secretary of Defense Hegseth went off the reservation the other day making statements specifically saying Ukraine's not getting their territory back. We're not going to back militarily. It's up to the Euros if they want to, but we're not in you know. That was I'm not sure what happened there. This interview is just out today.
Speaker 1: I haven't really had a chance to go through social media or whatever and see how MAGA is reacting to the MAGA president, who is super non intervention get out of all the wars guy saying no, no, no, no, war will continue and we'll support it and we might even put troops on the ground. So I don't know if everybody's just reacting with no, we won't or what.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, then heag Seth quote unquote clarified his comments yesterday. Tell all reporters that quote what concessions will be made or what concessions will not be made will be up to the president. Okay, all right, but you just made a few so interesting to see how that dynamic unfolds.
Speaker 1: If Biden had said that, or idiot Kamala Harris, people's heads would be exploding. Oh yeah, but partially because you might believe that they would actually do that. I like I said, I don't know if anybody believes we would put US troops on the ground in Ukraine. So I don't know if it's a threat politically or a threat to putin putin for I think it none.
Speaker 4: You won't, right, So actually it's funny. That's the one thing I wanted to talk about jumping on briefly today. And I will charge all of our corporate partners for a full dayste work.
Speaker 1: So that's what you're doing. You're like if a kid goes to school for I think three hours, it's counted as a day, so you get your federal funding. That's what you're doing. You're coming on the show just long enough to be counted as a day at work. Well, I've prepared for five hours to make this brief appearance. If he's on the air for fifteen minutes, it's like lawyer too. You talk to a lawyer for a certain amount of time, it's a full quarter hour.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. You should have read the fine print. But so several things that Vance said have made news. And then there's a preview out of his speech that he's going to give in front of the big European Leadership Group or whatever they call it, and some of the particulars are super interesting. But I found myself thinking, when was the last time we got a preview of the remarks Vice President Harris was going to make. I mean, what would they say, She's going to prattle on like a psychosis patient, you know, on a tequila binge. Nobody cared what she said ever, But anyway, I loved what he said about Europe because I've been kind of hot on this lately. Europe, how they're really cutting down on free speech. They're hardcore. We're going to get rid of misinformation and disinformation and any speech that would offend any ethnic or religious group. And the Russians are interfering with our elections too much, and Advance said a couple of things that I thought were great. He said, if your democratic society can be taken down by two hundred grand worth of social media ads, then you should seriously think about how strong your grip is, or how strong your understanding of the will of the people actually is a great point, and then he went hardcore about the rampant immigration in Europe and how here's a quote keeping far right party. This is not a quote keeping far right parties that campaign against migration out of government coalitions is curtailing the will of the people who've repeatedly.
Speaker 1: Been asking for more border control.
Speaker 4: He said, quote, I think, unfortunately, the will of voters is being ignored by a lot of our European friends, which is exactly what I've been going on about. If you ignore the masses of the people, you as like a mainstream political party and say that's impolite.
Speaker 1: We don't want to say that.
Speaker 4: The people who say that it be they far right, the AfD party in Germany or whatever, they are going to get power and juice. And if you don't want that, be honest. And then it clicked in my head as I was eating my delicious biscuits.
Speaker 1: And gravy that biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Oh hell yeah, fried chicken, Oh wow, decided to have a light breakfast before you start the day. Oh yeah, just little morsel. Does you know, take the pangs away anyway? Uh, It occurred to me this is just like the story of Trump and the magat crowd resting the control of the Republican Party away from the old mainstreamers, you know, for better or worse, because they ignored what so much of America, particularly working class in Middle America, was bellowing. Hey, globalism isn't working for us. It's hurting us.
Speaker 4: All we're getting is false promises from you and judgment and ugliness from the left. So so we're not buying what you're selling anymore. And Trump came along and he said, no, I hear you loud and clear. You're right, and goodbye control of the Republican Party. It's going to be just like that in Europe if they don't quickly start listening to their people about immigration.
Speaker 1: Well, what's what's the German guy's name, Schultz? Well, Merits, it's actually the way I darn it is. The damn bird floop I sneezed and I felt like I heard a bird like sound come out. That's weird. Schul Meritz. Fred A listener pointed this out.
Speaker 4: It's Friedrich Mertz, which is for fans of classic TV, Fred Mertz from The Honeymooners.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the guy that runs Germany yesterday, so somebody in Germany, if you didn't hear the story, rammed a car into a bunch of people and hurt a whole bunch of people. And he's from Afghanistan and seeking asylum, and everybody's seeing it as a you know, a ge haughty terrorist attack sort of thing. At least an initial reports. A guy still alive. He used a Mini Cooper. You know, I'm glad it was a little car. Probably be dead people if it had been a big truck like happened down in New Orleans. Yeah, that struck me for sure. If you're gonna ram a giant crowd trying to hurt people, the mini Coopers the odd choice Europe, you can't find big, no good and trunks. Good point, But the quotes out of various politicians about it was way different than at least we've done the last twenty years, where we say things, well, the one thing with the biggest fear I have is a backlash against Muslims. Remember that after one of our horrifying terrorist attacks. Why, I believe that was out of our Secretary of Defense at the time, but there was no that kind of talk out of high level public officials in Germany. Yesterday was we have a serious problem with Muslim Jihattis and we will root them out and they pay the highest price. And I thought, wow, they they are way further toward dealing with this than than we have them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for all of Germany's false there kind of into being German, and you know, it's Britain is ashamed of its history, and there Brits. Many Brits are ashamed of being Brits and are gladly giving their way, their country, and their culture way to foreign invaders out of some weird misplaced guilt.
Speaker 1: But I don't think the Germans are going to put up with that.
Speaker 4: And they're famously very very polite people until they're you know, invading Poland, and so I think it took a lot to get them to say, hey, we don't like this, In fact, we hate it, and we're going to do something about it. But that that worm has one hundred percent turned and the next you know, three, four, five, ten, twenty years are going to be crazy interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: So I had teas Day Funny at tragic Valentine's Day story that I'm going to tell I will get to an hour or two. At some point I can give you a preview while you're here, just a bit of it. It's it's grade school, it's fourth grade, and it's old school fourth grade Valentine's Day, like we were talking about with Katie earlier, which had its positives and negatives. They've they've they've so watered it down in the modern schools. You don't have the really hurt feelings of the little boy or little girl gets left out. But you also don't have any of the good feeling of anybody expressing any you know, feelings of a crush or something like that that could be pretty powerful too, like emotional socialism. Yeah, they just watered it down. Every bringing a Valentine for everybody, nobody, no names, just hand them all up, so everybody gets exactly the same thing from everybody, and it's got no personality whatsoever. So it's just it's just a homework assignment. It's like a busy work, homework assignment, so checking a box. It's very sophiet. But but Valentine's Day, at least the schools I went to as a kid was very emotional. Lord of the Flies, I mean, Maki, that was rough. You got an example, tell the story or two, like I said, because I know this person and they are horrified to this day. They say, if there's one thing in their life that they could go back and change, it would be this. The way they treated the overtures from this little fourth grade boy that they believe and the kid cried all day in class. Oh lord, can you imagine. I mean, if you're you wouldn't cry in fourth grade as a boy in front of everybody unless you were really upset, because it'd be horribly embarrassing. Yeah, he went on to a life of crime and prison, and she believes it's all because of this, and it's always believed. Probably so almost certainly. Yes, that is so awful. That is so awful.
Speaker 4: Oh if she won't have me, then society can't have me. I'm turning to the dark side. I get age nine or whatever you are in fourth grade ten.
Speaker 1: I've got whatever word weird personality, type where I get like, I'm bothered if other people are upset, Like if I go to a party, which I haven't done in many, many years, But if I'm at a party and there's somebody alone in the corner, I have to go talk to them. I can't. It's even if it's not my party. I can't stand the idea of somebody being over there like not having fun. I feel like it's my responsibility, which is weird. But I never had any tragic Valentine's Day stories, but I saw them for other people, and I'm bothered by those. I remember the girls that for whatever reason, were not popular, that wouldn't get any Valentines. And we would make these like male boxes for our desk and everybody to go around and put the Valentine's in, and the super popular girl hers would be overflowing out of the box ondoor desk, and then some of the quiet, shy or whatever, not popular girls would get nothing. And I would look at them and just think, this is the worst thing I've ever seen. This is so heartbreaking, horrible. Yeah, oh my god, why why did we do it?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 1: You know, it was funny.
Speaker 4: I was talking to my son last night about a couple of different cultural norms and how growing up being raised by and among to some extent, depression survivors and people who had lived through World War Two and seen half a million million, half a million men not come back and the wounded and blah blah blah. It's a It was a very different culture because it had to be. It wasn't just being a holes or bigots or whatever. When you're under threat, you behave in ways that are different than when you're perfectly comfortable, and every generation is kind of a softened echo of what came before it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure we should have let candy and card companies force our schools into the emotional lord of the flies that we did for quite a few decades. Amen to that. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Well you were here long enough you don't have to count today as a vacation day. Excellent, So that is good news for you. Excellent. I'm gonna start drinking on the job. Technically, we got Katie's headlines on the way stay here, digging the yacht Rock, Valentine's Day music Today, Michael good Stuff and the Beauty.
Speaker 4: Tink Electric piano means only one thing, Love, Love, and or sex or both.
Speaker 1: Yes, lovely sex, sexy love. Joe's sticking around and then he's taking off because he always takes Valentine's Day off because it's the most important day of the year. Yeah, not so much. I suppose we ought to jump right in. Who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green. Well, we'll start with this one. It's at the top of all the websites today. From NBC.
Speaker 2: Trump administration tells federal agencies to fire probationary employees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe, you weren't here earlier, But I was talking about a somebody I know who was a meeting last night. Their boss very upset that they had to lay off six people, and he was just horrified that saying, these people that moved here for this job, and now I'm laying them off. It's rough. It sucks for them. It does suck, but it happens all the freaking times.
Speaker 2: From Breybart dot com, HHS squandered more than twenty two billion dollars on migrants for vehicles, home loans, and startups.
Speaker 1: Good lord. With the budget as big as it is, HHS's budget is bigger than the Pentagon's budget. They're not surprising that that much gets wasted. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. Who voted for that? Who would vote for that? When did Congress say that was a good idea? Holy crap? From the New York Post.
Speaker 2: New York City Mayor Adams vows to reopen ice office at Rikers Island following meeting with Trump and borders.
Speaker 1: Are Tom Homan boy interesting side by side today? So on CNN and MSNBC, they're talking about a serious constitutional crisis that the president had his Justice Department dropped the charges, find a way to lean on and drop the charges against Eric Adams if he would play ball on immigration. On Fox, they got Eric Adams sitting on the couch and they're all yucking it up and laughing about what about what you got planned for Valentine's Day? Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you've heard this, because I know you're busy with your birthday week and everything like that. But that woman, that lead attorney who resigned yesterday in protest, she's a Federal Society member, she clerked frant and Scalia. She's as conservative as you can get. She is not a progressive liberal person. There are aspects of this story that are very, very troubling. Yeah, that's true. From Forbes.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk's X paying ten million dollars to settle Twitter era Trump lawsuit alleging citizen censorship.
Speaker 1: When you said X, I thought you meant like ex wife you met Twitter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ok, okay, I know That's why I call Twitter h right. From Newsweek. Woman who was missing for six months found giving birth on New York subway.
Speaker 1: I saw the video of that. Yeah, you family couldn't find her, saw her on TikTok.
Speaker 2: And finally, the Babylon b RFK Junior sworn in on a raw thirty two ounce rabbielike.
Speaker 1: He is so tan? Does he does he use a tanning bed? Or does he do the spray? It looks like the spray? Do you think it's a spray? I think so. He's so dark. He must have thought, well, I'm about to be sworn in as a secretary. I better get good in tan what we've got more on the way. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Armstrong and Getty