Speaker 1: All right, we're good.
Speaker 2: Bussing with the boys, hanging with the best.
Speaker 3: Betting on the game.
Speaker 2: No woman's gonna tell us.
Speaker 4: What you do, not be.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 5: Just drinking beer and making that over.
Speaker 6: Baby, I'm hanging with the Felers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 1: Bro All right, ladies, Jones and welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. This is episode three hundred and eighty A. We had a bigger one for you today. Mac Jones comes in on the bus. The energy that this individual has is one of one. Talk about a story getting drafted by the Patriots, a transition taking over for Tom Brady, getting tossed around the league a little bit, and then finding home in San Francisco where he's wanted the entire time. This is an incredible interview. This I just I'm just letting you know if you watch this, if you don't know this guy and you listen to this episode, he's going to be everyone's favorite quarterback at the end of this episode. That is how much energy, how much charisma, how much funny it has because he got one of those infectious laughs. But another thing that we all should love is our presenting sponsor, Bust with the Boys is presented by FanDuel Sportsbook, America's number one sports book. Oh you're clapping, clump, you're clapping. Yeah, even though he's a clapping there, I bet you're hit me with the time I thot you hit me at a time for so I was like, oh, oh, something must have happened. There's one thing we know is that everybody loves big fights. On July eleventh, boys don't get goosebumps. Two bat when I say this. On July eleventh, one of the biggest names in sports is back when Connor McGregor steps into the octagon to take on Max Holloway. If you getting in on the action, Fandal has a little something extra few this weekend. All customers can place their bets a place their bet with a fifty cent profit boost on any fight night, including McGregor versus Halloway. So whether you think somebody is getting their their hand raised after five rounds or you think this thing ends with a clean shot in the first, you can boost your bet and take home even more winnings. From method of victory to over under rounds, to fight props, and so much more. Fandle has plenty of ways to get in on every punch, kick and finish. Just head tofandle dot com slash bussing this weekend to claim your fifty percent profit boost. That's FanDuel dot com slash busting. Now we're gonna do callbacks, we're gonna do tear talk. We're gonna talk about America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday. But I want to stick on McGregor Holloway. I want to stick on McGregor Holloway for just a second. JP Hovey, Jack McPherson. You two are coming with me to Vegas this weekend. We're leaving Thursday. We're flying back Saturday night. Right after the fight. By I gotta pray to God. My wife doesn't give birth. I gotta pray to God. And just so you know, Oh Dale, how could you possibly? My wife wants me to go. She said you should go. She said, McGregor's fighting, this might be his last fight. You need to go to this. Do I feel bad? Yes? Am I going anyway? Yes? Now, Jack, we were talking about this just before we got on the bus, about what is the best bet to place for us, cause our hearts are sitting here and yeah, we would all love the story of like McGregor. We grew up watching him his insane the way he speaks, talking about manifesting things, bringing energy to things, the work ethic, how he's become obsessed with the game and he's lost his mind to the game, all those beautiful things, and then it gets really turbulent for him. Now he's coming back, he's doing a bunch of media press and it sounds like we're seeing the old McGregor. So my heart goes to, wouldn't it be something if Connor McGregor comes in here and does what we haven't seen in over six years since he stepped into the octagon. It's it's been so long to where my football brain is. I've been out of the league for three years, and I couldn't imagine putting pads on the callous that takes place, the endurance, the physicality, the understanding where you're hands go, all of those things on a much smaller scale. Because this guy's got a step on the biggest stage in the fighting world, and he's stepping across the stage from a guy who is arguably the best boxer in the history of the UFC. He's got the iconic last ten seconds with Gaetchee who just won Freedom two fifty, pointing to the middle of the octagon and just absolutely putting him out after he's up and winning, He's got the I'm the best boxer in the UFC while he's dodging punches from an individual and piecing a dude up while not looking at him like, we got a cat that can easily dismantle Conor McGregor or anybody steps in the octagon with him. So I say all that to say, where is the best bet for you, me and loved ones of all ages above the age of eight team, and that is or twenty one to twenty one or eighteen twenty one twenty one. I think it's under two and a half rounds. I think that is the best solo bet you can make on this. I don't see the gas tank staying with Connor. I think both of them are precision punchers and can just piece somebody at one time. And for me, it's like, if Max wins, what a legacy run for Max? If Connor wins, holy shit. Though they're in a twilight zone, a parallel universe, the world is broken, right, So my heart's in two separate places, and I know, like my emotions will go towards the Connor a little bit more. So why not just be like, Hey, this thing's gonna get finished in two and a half. Our thoughts, gentlemen.
Speaker 7: Over under I fante sportsbook under two and a half rounds minus one thirty over two and a half plus one oh four.
Speaker 1: That's sound, and that sounds exactly right because they know, yeah, minus one thirty, you put a responsible bag on that, and you just go into the fight thinking, yeah, hope this is a quick one. Hope, this is a quick one. What do we think? Oh, clump, you got something to say?
Speaker 6: I got one that I'm just I'm feeling good about, Okay. Connor McGregor by t Ko Ko Love. I think Max Holloway is for.
Speaker 1: Sure a sprinkle bet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is a it's a sprinkle bet, and it's also a This is again I love Max Holloway, but this is a for best thing for the sport would be a Connor McGregor knockout. He gets on the mic and it's it's back.
Speaker 3: And then we need it.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, like a month ago, if you were to bring that conclusion or that happening to me, like there's no shot. Conor McGregor is beating Max Holloway. But then I'm in Washington, DC just a few weeks ago and it's Justin Gaechee versus t Pooria, and I'm thinking, there's zero shot in hell that Justin Getchee is going to beat to Poia. The swagger, the aura, the way he comes in the amount of striking, how well he is good at striking, like he just has the energy about him. There's no shot. And then we watched Geigee absolutely dismantle to Pooria. So like, I love that. I don't love that with a responsible bag. I love that with JP said with a little sprinkle, like I'm at my favorite ice cream place, Like if you want any toppings on there, It's like, oh yeah, go ahead, give me some sprinkles on that. That's what I want. Yeah, yeah, give me the usual. But I'm talking about the bulk. The bulk to me is under two and a half.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on that because I mean, my heart is in it for McGregor as much as anybody else is. But I also love Max, Yeah, and have love Max for a long time, and he Max is one of the greatest fighters in UFC history and shout out to Connor McGregor. I'm sure he could have picked any fighter to fight in his comeback, and he chose the toughest competition and unfortunately Max, Yeah, I don't know, McGregor will have to knock him out. If not, Max might tournaments a little bit of a punching back, just because that callous could be gone. In the speed of the game, I feel like it takes a little bit to get used to and in fighting, there's not much that much time to get used to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder like I wish I knew more about the game in the sense of, like, how do how does the training look on Connor's side? Like Max has been in fights, he has the callous, He knows the feeling of taking a punch, that feeling for Connor's going away. Is he maybe get a little more rough in his training to feel little something, get that jaw soreness, that next sordness when he gets a little bit of whiplash. How is that looking for him? The answers I'm not gonna get right, but it's still just a It's a fascinating thought process because if Connor McGregor comes in and does what we kind of believe will not happen.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It changes our thought process, not only about him, but the entire game itself where guys can step away and come back. Now we're having conversations about John Jones, is he gonna come back when you know, people talk about his hips being destroyed and he won't show up, with thinking like maybe he comes back in four or five years, Like what is the timeline for these guys to actually take a leave of absence, come back and still be as dominant as they once were in their prime. It's just it's incredibly fascinating. I am so glad that we are going to be able to go see this live. The first UFC fighter I ever went to was McGregor Diaz, and I wasn't even privy to the one he lost. It was right after Holly Holme took out Ronda Rousey, and Holly Holme got beat by a man in Nunia's I think, I don't think it was a man, unas, but she loses. So she just beat Ronda Rousey and this is her next fight, so she's like the next up and coming woman UFC fighter star I don't know a whole lot about it. Richie and Needle, of all people, is putting me on to this game. And the first thing he sends me is a YouTube link of just Connor McGregor quotes, and I'm like, oh, this is the guy. So ten years later we're gonna be sitting there at T Mobile Arena watching it all go down. It's unbelievable, man.
Speaker 4: And on the in the prelims, there's a massive fan of the show. Kai Kai boy, he's uh, I think he's the first fight of the night. So he's fired up that the boys will be in Vegas as well.
Speaker 5: Are we doing?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna do the theo ofv on technique where we just let's just go to the beginning part be the first ones in the stands.
Speaker 4: I would love to because I know for Kayle, like Kai gifted his coach a bunch of uh for the a bunch of busting for the July merch. Yeah, so he posted up, he posted a video give it to him in the octagon putting it on, and uh, I think it for that reason it would be sick to go show love too.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's a world and it's clearly it's Monday when we're shooting this. If there's a world where we can bring a bunch of stuff with us, be it that first prelim fight. And if he wins, like get away to hey, give this to all your boys, that would be like a busting gift box or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at his betting line. We should all responsibly plus two fifty money line. Let's go to I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a whole bowl of sprinkles on that one. Dude, I might have to go the whole thing. That's where Now my heart's getting in too much.
Speaker 5: Shut up, kai Usa two fifty two. It's the stars are aligning.
Speaker 1: Let's see let me see.
Speaker 4: A fun So is he kicking it off for Max Holloway. It's a big, big night for the Islands, Big.
Speaker 1: Nights for the Islands, and this is this guy's a busting fan.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, dude, he's awesome. Let me take a little crazy journey too, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy he's got the tribal on there. God, I hope you. I bet he comes out to a six song too.
Speaker 6: I'm sure his weight cut will not be fun, but we got you guys got to try to connect with him if if he's doing good.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: If if if, because I love that. I love the idea of going early off. We've talked about it kind of every time since the deal of like going to the pre and Saturday is kind of like just a wait and chill kind of day. So I'm down to go early to those fights. Go sit in there, watch him do his thing. Maybe, hey, listen, if he's that big of a fan of the hill, like, maybe we go in after the fight see the boy like like like he's gonna cement himself. Hey, let us say there's a coat tail over there. You might if we jump on that real quick. Let's go in and jump on that real quick.
Speaker 6: Anyway, And if he's a big fan, you know, ask for a lot after he wins. Maybe if you guys are actually sitting there, shout out to the boys, maybe a little little shout.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, I mean stuff, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: See if he's first fight of the night, and if we're there like those guys see everybody, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're with that. And also too that you know how they do the seats, like I'll have my little two up front, and then it'll be like four of us kind of back. I want to figure out, Hey, for the prelims, do you mind me and my boys just shit front. No one's gonna be there, Moe. See if we just get up there and kind of just sit and chill, just sit in Mark Wahlberg's seat for just a.
Speaker 3: Minute, just a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I know you guys got security and stuff like that, but this is the first prelim fighting, not a whole lot cats are gonna be there. To the main Let's get into a couple of callbacks from the last episode that took place. This is Jeffrey Perry one five five to five Great pod Tray's a funny cat. A zip spas out by Taylor was hilarious. I don't know how to take that. I'll say this, people need to try zips. I didn't know until after the show that Trey McBride knew about my love for zips and wanted to get me a clump being a thinking about content and content only knew this information and told me after we got to get him to his zips. Dude, we gotta get Jeremiah Love Carson Beck Trey McBride, we gotta go to Arizona and just have a round table zips hangout all of us and just get some wings in, get them for Kasha and truly sit there and just I'll just sit at the head of the table watch everybody and be like, give me your true opinion at the end. Because the way they talked about, the way Tredy talked about was like it was a little disrespectful.
Speaker 2: I went on for it.
Speaker 1: So he said the wings were okay, he said, I believe he used a miss Carsley. He said, they's nothing to call it right home about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he did say that, which is jp.
Speaker 3: You're the wing.
Speaker 1: Guy and it's crazy and you've had it what years ago plural years ago? Changed though, No, no, no, no no, since that's not the rut I was. That's not the right I was hoping you'd take when I was bringing with you.
Speaker 2: Tanner brings some with them this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be as good. They're never as good. They're never as good.
Speaker 8: Shout out Tannel another spot that has good wings that is also another one of your favorite spots, mister spots in an arbor. I think a bunch of us keep getting tagged in in Twitter. I don't know if they're in need of some help.
Speaker 1: No, So Keith is selling Keith Keith is the owner of mister Spots. He I saw him in Detroit when I went up for that signing and he was up there with Scotty shout out the boys. He's like, I'm selling it. He's getting away from it, uh and is doing their own thing right now. As far as like how the city works and all that, that's their business then of ours. But he wants to keep it mister Spot. He wants to sell it. He's just trying to. I think he's he's on very for the next chapter in life. But the idea is, whoever buys it is going to keep mister Spots and happy to be its thing. Is that a journey that I want to take? No, it's not. I want to be the guy that goes and enjoys it. I don't want a guy looking at, you know, profit loss statements every single month and wondering, why, hey, why is mister Spots not doing as well as we want it to do. When we got to focus on this, I'm thinking about putting a bag on. But Gregor Holloway under two and a half.
Speaker 8: You know that, Dave lawan venture that.
Speaker 1: Could be that might be the best idea you've ever had. I go to Dave and I say, I'll get it, you run it. Dave would do that.
Speaker 2: He trust him? Would you trust him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave's Dave's Would you trust him in ann arbor?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Dave.
Speaker 1: He's got a house in an arbor.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be cleaning up out there, Dave.
Speaker 1: Listen, you talk about Dave. Dave's sixty two, and I'll say he's got the tassawstron of an eighteen year old. Shout out him, shout out trt. Let's see what Dave? How much is it is? One point too right? Yeah, that's my dad. Guys, missed opportunity. That's my dad. Looks like he just lost it. Uh Bama. Dondon four five says the backyard pool above ground with a deck, antiki torches and the lake vibes can't be beat with some rowdy boys and a few cold bud lights. Let's go boys. Listen. We talked about it last week, the above ground pool. It's kind of like the biggest flex you can have. On July fourth and I love to say that's my own original thought. I want to give a big shout to o FB, the Okanagan f Boys up in Canada. These guys are all about Dylan. Especially, these are all about their above ground pools. They're they more like stick their nose up towards in ground pools like those are not. That's like I'm trying to flex on people. The above ground pools is where everything kind of go down. And so if you had a Fourth of July weekend with an above ground pool, shout out to you and everybody that you know enjoyed it, because that is as top tier as possible we can get. When it comes to that being said, how was how was the Fourth of July?
Speaker 8: Boys?
Speaker 1: We enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Good time?
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I had a almost a perfect Saturday.
Speaker 1: Almost a perfect Saturday. What was the Yeah, yeah, we got to know about that.
Speaker 2: The hole back is truly just like you never know what could happen next year?
Speaker 1: Amen, damn telling me what it was just a nice like, uh, pay me a picture, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's the greatest part. It was just all the simple pleasures of America wrapped in one day. So it was nothing extravagant. We got up early, we hit a little walk in the morning, but then we went to float the river, to float the Harpeth River, and it was We did the short one, so it probably only took about two hours, which is perfect. You know, everybody ties up their tubes. You got the few friends that are always more prepared than the others. They got the cooler tube that just floats in itself, put ice in it, tie it on. Perfect weather like it's been extremely hot, which we love. But it was like a little bit of a notch down on Saturday, especially from like ten thirty to twelve thirty. Yeah, and that's when we were out there and you know, you're out there in the sticks, like you're out there in Pigram.
Speaker 2: So you come back.
Speaker 4: We stop at this tiny little cafe, grab some grab some lunch, go to the apartment pool for a little bit, maybe an hour hour and a half. Then we go over to our friend Shout out Carter. This guy is the greatest host of all time. He loves cooking. Okay, he walks around I know, I know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he keeps heeling your truth, hearing truth.
Speaker 4: He walks around with like the things that you would take somebody's order with a restaurant. He's making burgers, all right. He's got everybody's name written down. This at least fifteen to twenty burgers. Everybody's name written down.
Speaker 1: JP.
Speaker 4: What do you want, what topics you want, how you want it made? Gives you the full thing. Then your order, your order is made to order comes out. He delivers it to you as you're standing around. They got the community cooler going. Then we go walk over to I believe maybe we're even where Jack plays kickball.
Speaker 1: In his league, Frederick Douglas Park.
Speaker 2: Frederick Douglass.
Speaker 4: Is it right across from tournament truck and East, Yes, yeah, And we watched the Nashville fireworks from there, so we saw it from the back angle. But great, greatest fireworks show in the country. Really tell how much they spent.
Speaker 8: Yeas twenty four million this year and just fireworks.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: First off, I learned a lot of things. One, the hosting ability of your boy is incredible. How many people are at the house at least twenty, I would say, And he went around to every single individual made to order their own burger. Yes, now I take back even the disgust ahead of my face at the host that he went on A that's a completely different.
Speaker 4: Guy own special Burger sauce. He's like, you want the special Burger sauce. Of course, I need to have samples. Hips way we can get you a sample.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to get a sample at Burger Sauce because I'll tell you what burger burgers do.
Speaker 9: Hit.
Speaker 1: I love that boys so overall grade Fourth of July yea, but okay, wouldn't be a mitched if all the people have had to happen to that's the one. I'm glad that everybody enjoyed their Fourth of July on us soil, had a great time. Two hundred and fifty years of dominance. Come on, isn't there another callback for us to talk about that.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if flu can scroll down. I'm not sure if that was in the callbacks. But we are kind of on the topic. We're on the topic of Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Now listen, the last three years, so America is what forty seven forty eight forty ninth birthday, two hundred and forty seven forty eight forty ninth birthday I have been in Canada, am I upset about that. No, you guys need to get up to Canada in the summertime. It's absolutely incredible. I'm missing fireworks and I missed being on US soil. But all good. I'm a patriot. I love my country. I love being a part of America. I feel lucky to be a part of it now. Last year and it didn't even crossed my mind last year. Will Compton, that's a very choice words for not only myself, but also Jack McPherson, who was in Greece for a wedding.
Speaker 7: I believe, correct, correct, I was actually traveling back during the fourth during.
Speaker 1: That's, yeah, not the best time to travel. He goes and says all these things about how I would never find myself traveling on America's birthday. Fast forward one year later, How quickly the tables have turned. Will Compton is in some part of Italy, all right, who was on, by the way, the bad guy team in World War Two. They're on the bad guy team that we had to end up winning that one, And he's enjoying the apps or whatever he's doing where on the fourth I sent a text to Will saying, hey, buddy, how's it out there? Hope you're having a good fourth I know how lonely it can feel to be on you know, foreign soil during America's birthday. I'm letting you know I'm looking out for you, and I love you, and I want you to know everything's all right. He starts going, Hey, you know, I much rather be in Bonta, Missouri. So I'm thinking we're having an I'm being there once again, as we can show with receipts, Taylor Lawan is being there for Will Compton, and I'm feeling good about once again sticking up for my boy, love it on him when I feel like he might be having a difficult time. I come in this morning and you boys play this clip for me of Will Compton just kind of going at us a little bit. Jack.
Speaker 3: I you know, I yeah, I personally I couldn't imagine not celebrating America on the fourth of July in America.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes when when people say negative things like that, they're just projecting their own insecurities on themselves out to the world. Correct And so maybe Will's going through a tough time in that moment, maybe something he was going through his head. I'm sure if we were able to sit down with him after doing the thing he said he would never do. He would sit there with us and he would admit his faults, you know, hopefully all good, all good.
Speaker 2: It's also about how you return.
Speaker 4: Like when Jack came back last year, he put up the American flag, he started grilling, and it was like it was a it was an honorable return. Yeah, and now we got to see if Will is going to make an honorable return, right right, we yes, it.
Speaker 2: Might require a little bit too much effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it comes that boy in effort, right, you know, fresh off the vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got five new shows to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, he probably is watching five new shows right now as we're sitting here talking speaking of this callback comes from Fox fifty one seventy seven. GBR. Will should have to watch Entourage for his fantasy football punishment in the stream room on stream with Matt hashtag clean take. That's the Campbetash Foods screen is clean take Campetash Foods clean take by Foxy Boy. There here here's once again. Right we're sitting in July. We are nine weeks away from college football Saturday. Will Compton and Matt Malone still have not done their fantasy football punishment, which they agreed to.
Speaker 3: And I know his.
Speaker 1: Argument as well. There wasn't a defined There was always a defined twenty four hour stream, right, that was always a fine thing, and he still hasn't had it. I'm not going to sit here and do what Will did last year and turn this into a negative show about my co host. Right, Will knows what he has to work on. I'm going to take the high road and just know that you got to follow through if people are gonna believe your word. And at this point, Matt Malonea and Will Compton have not followed through on that entourage as well. And I know, Jemmy Clemp, you hold that closer to your heart than anybody else when it comes to watching that show. My fear is where Will's at in his life. He's not gonna enjoy the show as much as we all did when we were young guns, young bulls trying to become Vinnie, Chase and the Boys. At one point All Good still got to watch the show for nothing more than Ari Gold.
Speaker 5: I've been playing that in my head.
Speaker 6: I don't know what would be worse Will never watching it or him watching it and then being like it was Okay, I think that would crush me more than him not watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think we just have the insurance policy of just knowing Will's thirty six right about to be thirty seven, about to be if every night at thirty seventh damn, I'm sorry, sorry about that, So anymore callbackspoils before we move on.
Speaker 7: We are running into an issue with our fantasy football league that if we let this punishment go unnoticed, then it's a slippery slope. The integrity of our league is in jeopardy, and we now move into a new season where the following loser will then look back and go, well, Will and Matt didn't do their punishment. This really doesn't mean much. I Will has time, but if we get there a week one of the NFL season starting, we don't really have much to stand on as a league. So I think we need to hold him accountable. But in a positive way.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great point. Jack, think you made a fantastic point there. Here's what I'll say to that. We can't control what Matt malonea Will Compton do, but as we sit here, all individuals that take part in the fantasy football league, we should know and have our own you know, courage, our own pride who we are as men, knowing that just because somebody didn't do it before me doesn't mean I shouldn't do it if it falls upon my shoulders to handle those things. So let's just say I know I've won three in a row, so it's very unlikely. But let's say I get last in the fantasy football league this year. I'm going to take it upon myself. Coop Comstock as well, we will take it upon ourselves to make sure that punishment is fulfilled within the first quarter of the new year. And that's that's all I can say for me, Right, I can't force another man. Right, I can lead a horse to water, but I can't make him drink. And that's where we have to, unfortunately sit. What is the standard going to be? And if somebody else is gonna set it, don't let that become your new standard. We're not gonna be nasty about it, right, I think he just leave it at that, Just leave it at that, you know it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Maybe he could do it on the ripping channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no bad ideas and a brainst no bad.
Speaker 2: Idea streaming on there. Maybe he you know, kind of sets off that channel with the twenty four hours stream.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it's like if he pulls like a downtown or something, it kind of cuts the time and like make rewards for you.
Speaker 1: Just get him a bunch of don responds.
Speaker 2: They'll go as this first stream on that channel is the dude.
Speaker 1: The first stream of that channel is me in a thousand packs of ascended heroes. And I'm not leaving the chair until I find the uh that Pikachu that treat the Trea Kachu. But I do love the idea of will cop that happened to do one of the first streams of Rippled with the boys. Uh C j Abbis says, you guys tease Colston Loveland pod hard last week where that though, but he gets coming. I can tell you that it is on its way. Just an absolute rookie female, a femom tenth overall pick by the Chicago Bears, Michigan man himself national champion. He was on the bus. He will be on the bus this week. He is not on the bus. Possibly next week. Clumb No, yes, next week, next week and Loveland next week a week from today, a week from week from today. Radiology Tech nineteen eighty five, says in Nursing Homes, guys watch football and think it's live. It's just a mindset. Watching games from the nineties takes me back. It's like time travel. Great comment, clean Take, clean take that the Kevin Sasher Foods clean take like just put a game on and then way the love of football, because that's where the negativeness comes from. We talked about this last week. Sherman Young brot up a good point. People are just upset that football isn't here. Any negativity you're feeling around your house, in the community. Some guy cuts you off on the highway, someone runs a red light and you almost get in a car, actually, anything like that. They're just mad that football is not back yet, and it'll be back in nine Saturdays from now onward. I love that. That's Oliver clean Takes. Let's get into the nitty gritty of this podcast. The big thing that took place this weekend. Obviously, America's birthday is the biggest thing. The next biggest thing is when Rebelawan turned nine, nine years old. Almost dude, it is terrifying as a father. I'll say this as as a dad of a nine year old I could not. I could not be more proud of my oldest daughter and the woman she is becoming. I am over the moon happy of like the product that she is right now, as far as her empathy for people, her insight, She's wise me on her years. In a lot of ways, there's always things to work on, but where she stands right now, I'm so proud of her. As a father looking at her daughter, I'm not gonna say any more than it, because if I do, I'm just gonna get emotional and I don't want This is not that show today, turning ten.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 1: I absolutely I hate it because I just I just wanted to be my little See, here we go, we're already talking about it. We're gonna keep it pushing forward. Travis Kelcey got married this weekend around with the Paus Travis kelce Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift have officially tied the knot. They said their vows. They said their idos were extremely happy for them. Clearly it was an extremely intimate wedding, all right, an intimate wedding. We're only they're closest friends, closest friends and family went to so going into the weekend, I thought, oh, good, didn't get an invite. Checked my AOL account reactivated that no invite in there. And I was just making sure because at the end of the day, when it comes to weddings, I try to have a stance. I don't make it about yourself, don't try to be the center of attention, which is a very different thing for me to do. So I just kind of sit back and I'm like, hey, happy for them. You know, Jravis the boy send them a shot of a text Saturday night, say congratulations. He hit me back pretty quick. Happy for them and their relationship. I hear it's at MSG unique spot to get married, unique spot. I heard they donated like twenty million dollars charity. I hope they did all the things. Twenty six million dollars charity. Good on them. That is absolutely incredible for them to take those steps, help help the community, help the economy, all the things. I see Pat McAfee post him and the boys, they're him and his beautiful wife, they're at you know, the wedding. Awesome, that's awesome. Pat McAfee, the goat in our world of sports media, absolutely love to see it. Let's see Paul Rudd's there. Pretty incredible stuff, man, Paul Rudd, great actor. Love that I see Abigail Anderson, I think to myself, I don't know who that is. Turns out it's one of his closest friends when she was little. Like, wow, that's so beautiful. That's so beautiful out they're in there. Then I start to see, like, Okay, who's Alex Morgan.
Speaker 5: Well, hang on, that one is not gonna go over. Who's that?
Speaker 2: She's a goat in women's soccer bro Us women.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry, dude, I don't know that. Great athlete. So now we got athletes in there. And then like Saturday afternoon or in the evening whenever they got married, Like feels like a lot of people went to this wedding. Did you get an invite us? Like, no, I didn't invite. She's like kind of seem like a lot of people were there. It's like, oh, all good, sweetie, Like you know how weddings are, Like you know Baker Mayfield his wife there. That's that's great. You gotta have that, dude. Uh oh yeah, uh b badobe heeb Adobe beeB Adobe and jak.
Speaker 3: Bebadobe.
Speaker 1: You gotta go I get it. And so I'm sitting there and being like beeB doo, we gotta be there, bb do, we gotta be there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's how it is. Benson Boone. My daughters love Benson Boon. It's like, yeah, gotta have him bow and yeah, who is.
Speaker 5: That you know Bone in SNL. He's a funny guy. Bon Yang should probably be there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, Brad Paisley's there. That's awesome too, dude. Can I just yeah, Brad Pitt he should be there as well.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: When I saw when I saw that Dean Blandino got invited, okay, friend of our show. He's been on Zoom all right, he's been to Beer Olympics, all right, got banged up. Dean Blandino was there, and it's like, okay, now I'm starting to think to myself, is this a personal shot that Will and I are taking. Let's see who?
Speaker 2: But we got we we got.
Speaker 4: We also gotta continue the theme of the show where we look in the mirror, like we where this is a high road episode.
Speaker 1: I feel like he is a high road episode, but like we can also point out like why we're taking the high road. Let's let's just point out why we're taking the high We took this exit, like Cooper Cup's there. You didn't play a Cooper Cup Like, and that's all good, dude, Like that's all good, like salty white guy, gotta have it.
Speaker 7: But like I'm looking at these names. You know, Donald Glover is correct, I know the name. I don't know that, and I'm Una Scambino.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, dude, yeah he should be there. Yeah, this is America.
Speaker 2: There was three people in my face related to busting that we're at the wedding.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, dude. And Okay, this is where I kind of was like, Okay, I'm still gonna the highroad. JP. When I saw George Kittle and Claire, I was like, oh, awesome, tighten. Their friends should absolutely be there. But then I saw Bruce, and I saw George Kittle's mom and stepmom there, mother in law, dog. They're close, but like, yo, we're boys. How I've known you for over ten years. We text and call each other, Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 3: How's the family?
Speaker 5: Tell great?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the high road, okay, but I'm just thinking, dude, I'm clearly doing something wrong in our friendship, clearly doing something wrong.
Speaker 2: You know what are y'all's last messages?
Speaker 6: While he looks I had a big worry though, that you guys were invited and you just like missed the text or.
Speaker 1: I can definitely see that too.
Speaker 6: There was part of me because I started seeing a guest list and I'm thinking, how are you guys not invit?
Speaker 1: Tras right there me sexually text yeah, and also don't put that on the show because then the Swifties they'll get there. They'll fucking get in there, dude, and they're very text savvy individuals. Friday, congrats to Migo. Saturday, thank you brother. That's our last two texts to each other. It was me saying, hey, bag secure, congrats and mego sends me a photo of him with like an old old guy. Edit said to the wheels fall off, just boys going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Before that, what are you doing on July third?
Speaker 1: It's just like.
Speaker 2: It's true, who would they like out of I wonder how the invites were sent out?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, like a pigeon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like definitely something.
Speaker 5: That's the only reason I know you guys weren't invited.
Speaker 6: As I break this down in my brain is shout out to Lindsay his pr She would have been like, you guys are VP or something. She would have said something we ask her, should we call her?
Speaker 1: Joe Buck got invited to the Joe Buck said, and listen Joe Buck. Love him to death. He's that he's an incredible announcerent. Love his show, love listening to his breakdowns on Mondays and going into the weekends on Fridays awesome.
Speaker 2: He got invited.
Speaker 3: He invited.
Speaker 5: It's tough.
Speaker 1: And also I don't know it was it was Chrissy in turned Chris, the one that talks too much. He he was breaking down to me that he saw a thing about Taylor Swift and when she gets married someday, like she wants everybody to go, so there's no cuts that have to be made. She told me that as I'm here, more like kind of like you know, taking the high road over not being invited to this wedding.
Speaker 5: Dude, there's so many.
Speaker 1: People and like and also whoa was it like stadium seating? Like people just sit in the stadium in a circle, and like they kind of like did like walkouts and they just kind of like you're in the center stage. How did they. And here's the thing too, is I don't even know if I would have gone. Here's because because I don't even know if I would have gone. So it's all good, it's all good. I probably couldn't have made it, you know, I probably couldn't have made it, dude. So I don't know, there's clearly a blind spot that I'm not saying that that is. So it's so clear probably to somebody else that's MGK.
Speaker 9: Was it.
Speaker 5: Make sense?
Speaker 1: He's from Cleveland, he's been on the he's been on the New Heights Show.
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 1: Little Dickie was there? Fucking Dave was there?
Speaker 6: You couldn't have put you on the nose bleeds. I'm gonna butcher this word. What what's it called? Efficiant officiant?
Speaker 1: Adam Sandler? Adam Sandler. Yeah, it's a dude. I'm not taking away from how amazing this wedding probably was. I couldn't get in by mm hm. Who else? Peyton Manning, the sheriff, the sheriff, of course, the sheriffs. You want, theriff's gonna get invited to the wedding. There was Eli Manning there.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen him on the list.
Speaker 1: Witherspoon was there, invited to the wedding. Rich Eison got invited. High road, high road gronks here, clearly tight end, he should be there.
Speaker 2: Who Edelman rolled up solo power move.
Speaker 1: Power, move power move Sabrina Carpet, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I did see that.
Speaker 1: What Okay? Yeah, good? Sasha Baron Cohen is there? Simone Biles, duh, she should be there here. I'm not listen, there's a lot of even cool being invite. Okay, Spielberg, Spielberg, awesome, listen, I'm not taking away from all these people going there. Dean Blandino like, how many let's just how many people? How many people? Does msg hold like? What is the what is the occupancy of mstr Okay, So what you're telling me is and we're taking the high road here. I'm not top thirty five thousand, nineteen thousand. Okay, snitch, I'm not top. You got cut in half, right, groom gets half, bride gets half. It seems like brod a little more than half. All good, but top ninety fire Travis's life. They didn't have ninety five one hundred contacts in this.
Speaker 5: I wonder what you have to think to do.
Speaker 2: I guess was there general ad mission? Was there somebody people had? Sweet?
Speaker 5: Do you think there was a you think that you think that they're sitting there at night?
Speaker 6: That Swift Kelsey thing comes up and Trav's like, hey, Taylor the boys, and She's like, you think there was a discussion.
Speaker 5: You think you came up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna Textrav.
Speaker 5: I would love to know if.
Speaker 1: The voice a voice memo.
Speaker 5: I would just love to know about.
Speaker 2: They definitely talked about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Travis's a tailor, got you on a little voice memo here on busting with the boys. Listen. I am so happy for you to tie the knot with your brother. Could not be more excited for you and your beautiful wife. I just want to know what was the thought process of inviting people? How did that work? Because I'm seeing a lot of individuals on here and I just just wondering, you know what, Hi, road, I just want to know how it all happened, of breaking it all down, just let me know, all right, Hope you're good. Hope you're good.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we said that.
Speaker 1: I was thinking the same thing as I was saying, but I was thinking the same thing as I was. I was saying out loud, what that X done?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 1: All good, All good, dude, we're not gonna talk about get emotional. We're not gonna talk about John Taylor. She gives birthing. Shout out to any second, Now, dude, she's a rock stary.
Speaker 4: It is going to be a great person to share like the same window of birthdays with a younger sister, like, especially with that age range.
Speaker 1: Well, Willow, it's a six rightwn Willow is on the twenty she's fourteen days away. We have a good little pocketing. Yeah, dude, Lawan birthday month, I'm on the twenty second, right.
Speaker 3: World Cup.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the Lawan's shout out to to Neutral.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Neutral, Shout out to Neutral. I love that World Cup going down to the US first Belgium.
Speaker 3: Correct, what's that?
Speaker 2: US first Belgium? And we're at full strength.
Speaker 1: Allegedly now I know, I know forty seven kind of jumped in, which might be the reason why we didn't invite it. Forty's that's real, usay verse Belgium. We're in the round of sixteen right now. There are starting to be whispers taking place of can we go and win it all? Yes? I think the answer is yes.
Speaker 4: We're about to. It's not gonna be a whisper. We're about to start screaming.
Speaker 1: It start screaming on us a.
Speaker 4: Newly updated Mount Rushmore that includes flow ball again, Christian, Now give me.
Speaker 1: Give me the breakdown. So we had an individual from USA get himself a red card because of a red card, he suspended for his next game. Correct, forty seven picks up the phone. You guys got to fix this. Suspension is upheld or the suspension is suspended. Correct. Okay, that's what I'm understanding.
Speaker 3: Now is there?
Speaker 1: You're gonna be suspended down the road? Right they play It's Monday right now? They played to night at seven pm. Yes, that that is also correct. We're gonna put a responsible back on USA money. You have to get to Now, who's around the corner, Because we're not players, we can look, we can look in the future. I know France. I think Spain's in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say either France or Spain is next.
Speaker 1: We find who's the Who's a Who's the French guy?
Speaker 2: And I gotta see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to see those I need to see those could be terrified. But give me the breakdown. You were you were another World Cup game.
Speaker 4: I was, I was scouting France. Good on behalf of the US good Man cheers, so that we were out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 4: Spying on them and some takeaways. Probably the best team in the in the World Cup. But what they lack is passion from the fans. The French fans compared to my other experience with Argentinian fans was night and day. Nobody does it, probably like the South Americans, except for what's about to take place in Seattle tonight when the Americans show them exactly what the Twelfth Man looks like for soccer. But dude, the French fans majority of the stadium, and maybe there wasn't a lot of French people there, but majority of the stadium sitting down the whole time and bope scores they stand up, no real chance. They just lacked the enthusiasm that I feel like it takes to win the World Come and ultimately you got to have that to get across the finish line. Yeah, and so I like our chances.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that breakdown. I want to know what the environment is like for Americans because we're just excited there's there's a sporting event taking place. We're excited that it's US against the world as always. But talk about Argentina's they have ninety minutes of them doing chance. I don't think the USA has that. We don't have the chance yet. We don't have the chance yet, we don't have that. But I'm I'm assuming our enthusiasm is like a war was fired up to be here. Let's get loud and rowdy no matter what, especially in Seattle. The twelfth Man vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't ask for a better, better venue, Yeah, better venue, better fans to play in front of God and with all of the stuff, with like surrounding flow Baalgin and this the red card controversy, like it creates more animosity between other teams and US because they're feeling like you're getting home cooking like breaking news. FIFA, Yeah, they're probably the most corrupt like organization of all time, more than the NA. Yeah, I mean the World Cup in Qatar was like in November, which is like that never happens.
Speaker 1: So IFIFA just kind of lets things roll, do whatever they want.
Speaker 4: And if we're gonna talk about these suspensions. Christiano Ronaldo's he has a red card suspension that was also suspended. There's four other players in the World Cup right now that are playing that have red card suspensions waiting for them.
Speaker 1: Some Americans would come here and just say, you know, hey, we got the red card's suspended. Get over it, right. The best part about you is your American and you got receipts because there's not a lot of Americans out here that know that Christian Ronaldo got a red card suspended, suspended, right, So that's good to have. Great, it's good to happen. What's the line right now in America? I think we're minus one ten.
Speaker 5: It's minus one twenty year right here on FanDuel plus one oh six for Belgium.
Speaker 8: Do we think there's a chance that if like, let's just say it's one to one, they're going into like the ninetieth minute flow Baligance scores a goal, that it reaches beast quake levels of.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. Actually, it just means more when it's country, it just means a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 8: I think that would be like watching the Mexico game last night and hearing them finally score a goal, like watching the stadium shake is like, that's so sick.
Speaker 4: I think a good kind of thing to relate it to is like at the end of the Super Bowl, say, when they're interviewing the quarterback, like you know, they're very emotional and it's like a really cool moment. When Harry Kane got interviewed after the Mexico game, his voice was completely gone to the point where it was like the high pitch, I'm just super proud of like trying to clear it because of how much he's like just yelling throughout the match, how much he was celebrating, and it's like it just means more to to I think World Cup soccer players than it does to any other athletes.
Speaker 1: We gotta see, we gotta get past Belgium, got it, Yeah, one game, get past Belgium. Onward and upward and boys. Then I hope we get France. I hope we do.
Speaker 8: It would be in two rounds, yeah, I don't know. Somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Spain to him, assuming is really good. They are.
Speaker 4: I think they're top three odds to win it all. But I this is a year that you would want to play Spain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you this too. I know there's a lot we have a lot of Canadian fans. We have a lot of Canadian fans, and I've been nasty to Canada in the sports realm. It's just it's been a awful year for Canadian sports and the fact that their team who exceeded expectations that we should be very proud of our brothers in the North of Canada of even getting to the knockout rounds and all that, but to lose on July fourth, chest it's heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: With their coach slightly running his mouth about the US earlier in the world. No, he wasn't because he used to be on our staff and he tried to, you know, come at our culture.
Speaker 1: And obviously that's just like brother So what are we assuming on that?
Speaker 3: What we got?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 5: So we today, so this would be Monday, we have Spain where to go. Spain plays.
Speaker 7: Portugal two pm on Mondays, so this game has already happened. Obviously, USA plays tonight and then today Tuesday, Argentina and Egypt play at eleven am, and then three pm Switzerland and Columbia, and then Thursday you have France and Morocco and Norway and England on Saturday.
Speaker 3: So the winner.
Speaker 1: So if we beat Belgium, we get the winner of who.
Speaker 5: You get the I think it's the winner of today's game, got you?
Speaker 1: So they all get the equal amount of rest. Okay, so we would get the winner of Portugal.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot, dude, I like that good. Yeah, Morocco, France struggled with Paraguay.
Speaker 8: Nor Way, Norway, England's gonna be a good one too.
Speaker 1: And who's better Portugal or Spain? Spain? So we want Spain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want the hardest.
Speaker 1: We want the hardest road. We don't want a road where people are like, well they actually no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 8: People are saying Spain is the next MESSI too.
Speaker 1: I thought this guy was the next MESSI everyone's got the next messy.
Speaker 2: Nobody's the next messy. That's what needs to be understood.
Speaker 4: Oh MESSI baptized this kid literally and then continues to outscore him.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Wow, I love it, dude.
Speaker 1: I love just I love trying to understand a sport. I have zero comprehension of It's just it's fun, it's fun, and it's so cool. I love anything that involves all the countries or multiple countries compete against each other. The sense of pride that comes out. We need more of it. We need more of it, and I'm happy it's here. Let's see. Let's let's move on, Let's keep it going. Ripping with the Boys last night, do it we do Sunday stream seven pm Central Time. We ripped up in National Treasures banked. We gave away three weave up. I think we gave over two thousand dollars in cards to fans. They all got great hits. Everything went well. Ripping with the Boys socials are now available to follow. You can go and do that. Don't do yourself a favorite, do me a favor. Go follow Ripping with the Boys on Instagram, on Twitter, if all. We can do it on YouTube now right too. You can subscribe on YouTube Ripping WTB this week you follow them. I think we have a bunch of cards here that are worth some value. I think we're just gonna give away cards all week. How do you feel about that? This give it away to the fans. We love the fans. Yeah, we could go make a couple of shekels on it. Instead, I want to send it to family members loved ones of all ages that can have cards to enjoy and get into the hobby. We got some big brewing with ripping, got some nice brewer ripping, Pokemon cards, football cards. I'm gonna jump into hockey. I'm gonna jump into baseball and jump into all these things. But it's so much fun, dude. There's a rush that takes place when you flip open a card and it's just a big ass hit like we got yesterday. And to send it heroes Pokemon, gotta make a charge art full gold card. That card is five hundred dollars raw PA ten. It's thousands of dollars. And that's a new modern card. Very exciting. I might even give that thing away too. I might just give it away. Hey.
Speaker 7: Also us being in Vegas this weekend, maybe come find us if you're there, hit a little courtyard rib.
Speaker 1: I like that idea Jack shout out courtyard, Come find us a vessel of ripping with the boys. Courtyard the ability to go rip a card right on your phone and I can send it to you. It ships to your house in days. I have multiple cards that I've ripped on Courtyard, send it back to myself. Should we rip one right now.
Speaker 5: Let's do it all right, let's rip on right now.
Speaker 7: Also, while Taylor's pulling it up, if you find us in Vegas, make sure you already have Courtyard downloaded and have a user name so that if you have the opportunity, we will send you the free card.
Speaker 5: Great note.
Speaker 1: What should we hit boys? Pokemon football, Basketball.
Speaker 5: Let's go football, Let's go football, big football.
Speaker 4: Another PSA is being pulled up. Also, if you come up to us and you want to take a photo with Taylor, this is just another reminder, do not hand us your phone with Snapchat.
Speaker 5: Thank you, bro, dude. That could be the worst thing people do. That is such a great note.
Speaker 1: Football card thousand dollars pack.
Speaker 3: The color Blast.
Speaker 1: That's a color Blast color Blast market value. It's Rocky Pier Salt market values eight hundred and sixty six dollars.
Speaker 5: Rookie rookie color Blasts.
Speaker 1: Not a rookie Big Year loading for Ricky big Year loading color Blast Rookie peer Ricky Pier Salt. Yeah, all you gotta do.
Speaker 3: What do you gotta do?
Speaker 8: Club?
Speaker 1: You gotta follow ripping with the boys. Follow ripping with the boys. We'll put a little post up about this we're gonna give it away. End of day today was just Tuesday, by the way, end of day today on Tuesday follow ripping with the boys, I mean boys, what else we got? What else we got? Lebron James big basketball. He's going back to Cleveland, d when he not like he says he's not returning the Lakers had a great time there. That was awesome to see that he's got to go back to Cleveland now, right, Like where else should he go?
Speaker 2: I'm with you, I think it'd be cool if you went back to Clflandyeah.
Speaker 1: Go back to Cleveland. Wrap up the career. It's like, buddy, you're forty something. Yeah, like you're one of the goats. You're a great basket a player. That's all I know.
Speaker 6: Can you break it down like Lebron James free agency again, what that would be for like the NFL? Because I just I guess I'm not in on the Lebron stuff right now. Yeah, Tom Brady, but like times three times three?
Speaker 5: How many times?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Just because he's done it, Like, yeah, Brady just went to the Bucks and now was it? And so I'm trying to think if there is an NFL player that no, maybe like.
Speaker 8: Randy Moss or Julio Jones when they were like team hopped to like a couple other teams, but they didn't really do anything. But what makes it different as Lebron still contributes.
Speaker 2: Crazy, I know, I wish I had.
Speaker 1: He's still gonna get a max contract. Was like, the amount of money that comes with him from a PR standpoint is unreal. If I'm Lebron, you've made, You're a billionaire. You're essentially a billionaire. If he's not already, go back to Cleveland, put a bow on this wonderful career. If you're an acron kid, go do your thing. Try to bring something nice, bring some juice to a community and dip that's that would be my that would be my move.
Speaker 2: Put the league in Bronnie's hands.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, him versus Bronni's gonna be sick. I hope they play dunkin on his own side, the goat man.
Speaker 1: All right, well listen, we're gonna get to the show in just a minute, just a minute with Mac Jones, We're gonna do a little quick row Spicy tear talk Row Spicy tar talk. The category for today, Favorite compliments from your wife, Favorite compliments from your wife.
Speaker 3: From your wife, from your one receipt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh go Mitch, Mitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Mitch, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Just like whenever they someone or like when Brook tells me I look good in something, or like that you look really good in that outfit. It's like, oh, I just want to wear this outfit all the time. Yeah okay, Like it's very simple.
Speaker 3: And like it.
Speaker 8: Like they may even just say it to make you feel good, but like inside it makes you feel really good. Good.
Speaker 1: It's a good one.
Speaker 8: I like those shorts on you. Oh I'm gonna wash these shorts as much as possible so I can always continue to wear them.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't even wash them, to just keep riving them.
Speaker 4: There's a tweet out there that says like a man will hold on to a good compliment for at least ten years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, this is kind of an obvious one. I want to take it off the board. A haircut. Getting a comment on a haircut, haircut's nice, just immediately, just like calling the barber back, like whatever you just did, write that down. We're doing that every single time.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: I like the outfit.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 1: How about date night? You choose the restaurant and you go there and you get back in the car after full bellies and they go that was incredible. What a great choice. Yeah, like that one right there. That one felt kind of nice to me.
Speaker 3: That wastah.
Speaker 6: It's a hard one to get because these women, my mine's on a similar little path. But it's when like we're trying to pick a date night spot and we're like, oh, you want to go here, and she goes, well, you make that better at home, there's no reason to go go.
Speaker 5: I'm like, hell yeah, yeah, yeah, dude.
Speaker 7: I've never gotten that once have gotten that getting a little maybe be doing some self work, putting in the undercover hours, and you just get it.
Speaker 5: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Oh one, Yeah, that's a good one. That might be the best one. Actually, yeah yeah. The the proud of you comment is nice. All right, Hey boys, great job. Oh we have me a couple uh tier talks. A couple of tier talks going on here. Kayla Bingham says, which bottom tier NFL team top ten draft picks will have the break We'll have a breakout year. First thing that comes to mind, Jeremiah Love Well, I'm just more talking about individuals I'm just talking about individuals on.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 1: Bottom tier two. Oh no, dude, Titans. I mean, and I know it's super biased, but like we've talked about this before, AFC South, shaky, shaky division taking place there. You don't know what the Colts are going to be this year. You're not sure what what CJ. Stroud had Trevor Lawrence and the boys down in a douval. They have done well. They did well last year, but it seemed like they had a lot of areas that you can capitalize on from a weakness standpoint. And then you see cam Warden the kind of hype that everyone's given him Cardinal people are saying he's doing incredible things during practice. You have great minds from a coaching staff. I like seeing a huge jump from that team. They will clearly be out of the top ten pick category. In my brain, I do love the idea of saying sneaky wild card team. I love the idea of saying that.
Speaker 8: Question. But when you guys got your new uniforms, like when you were playing and you got the new uniforms, how did y'e.
Speaker 1: Do twenty eighteen nine to seven made the playoffs? I think do we meet the playoffs in twenty eighteen or was it twenty sixteen that we got the new uniforms.
Speaker 8: I wish I knew, because I'm just trying to say, like, and maybe there's a little maybe there's a little something, a little extra juice there with the new uniforms.
Speaker 1: New uniforms go hard clumps the hater on the uniforms.
Speaker 4: Knowing you've got a historical season coming in the last season of the old Nissan Stadium.
Speaker 1: That's where you think you hit your hat on it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. One thing I think that Titans need to do too, while we're on the subject, is they need to give their seats up to season ticket holders. People have held their season tickets since day one. They need to give gift them their seats.
Speaker 3: I would love that.
Speaker 5: My family has had them since ninety nine.
Speaker 1: When I say that, we would love that, I think that would be a very cool thing because you look at that stadium. It's like, especially when you're driving on the highway and you see both of them, and how much is new stadium kind of dwarf Stason Stadium, But even myself like being a part of it for nine years and just driving past and be like, it's crazy that uniforms have changed and the stadium is changing, and at the end of that, it's like everything that I was a part of will now be a thing of the past where there's nothing to kind of go back it's in and be like, yo, I remember on this part of the field when this happened at the Josh Norman thing, or any of those days, Derek Henry's ninety nine yard run, like all the cool moments you're about to be a part of. It's like that's gonna be a thing of the past. I think it'd be awesome to give away pieces of Nissan Stadium, especially to people that have been in it since ninety nine. I would love that. Parker Hackey says, which quarterback head coach do has the most pressure to start hot this NFL season? Great question?
Speaker 5: Could really just throw it back to the Titans again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sneaky Like Joe Burrow, Dude, I was thinking the same thing. Joe Burrow and Zach Taylor, I think are two individuals because there was a lot of weird rumors and things went around as like Joe does Joe want to be there? You see some of his press conferences late in the season. He's been hurt a lot. They have a history in the last couple of seasons of starting off a little slower, to the point where Zach Taylor's job is now a little bit in question, where he's kind of starting in a hot seat because they have all the ammunition you need from a weapons standpoint on that team to be successful. You don't have Miles Garrett in your division anymore. That's a huge w for your team and Joe Burrow's health. So yeah, I love I love the Joe burrownt.
Speaker 8: Jalen Hurts or Jaden Daniels, Dan Queen.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say Horrorball and Jackson Dart too, not one but new coach second year. Yeah, New York's a scary place to play if you don't perform.
Speaker 1: I think I think not as much pressure on Harrorball, more on Jackson Dart, Yeah, Nels, Brandon Ayuk, Yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Hurts, Sirianni One's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But it's like, I just wanna be on record that Jalen Hurt is gonna have an MVP season. Yeah, I'm glad you're on record for that.
Speaker 3: Like a fool, I.
Speaker 8: Truly think this is the year that like, not that Jalen hasn't gotten found out, but he gets found out, and like I think something happens.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, negative negative takes no not like me and you, by me and you, we.
Speaker 5: Are both gonna go crazy when he has a VP season, Like if this may be uh the backup, He's not even the backup. Andy Dalton's the backup in Philly.
Speaker 1: Now listen, we're not gonna throw more shade at Philly.
Speaker 5: Hurts is going to dominate.
Speaker 1: Probably not, It'll be interesting because remember the last time, who's a Makayle Lemon. That's the kid they drafted over over the Steelers, And essentially kail Lemon is replacing a J. Brown who is now a Patriot. Last time a J. Brown got replaced, it didn't go so well, right, It's hard to replace a talent like that.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 1: For I feel like for Philly, you have all, you have such a strong and amazing roster. It really is gonna be the It's gonna be the play calling because you have you have the weapons, you have the talent. You've seen him do it and they they tend to have it down yere and then a super Bowl caliber year right after that, so it could be a year that they do really well. I'm not here to say Hurts is the guy though the long like I understand, I understand. I like the Joe Burrow I like the Joe Burrow one. I kind of want to think about it a little bit more.
Speaker 8: Because Lamar, dude, something he's gotta get.
Speaker 1: No, because they had a new coach. They got a new coach.
Speaker 8: No I know, but I'm just saying he's just got a pat like, make it happen.
Speaker 1: I got the roster too, and it's like, how many years is Derek Henry gonna keep being dominant?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How much pressure is Kyler Murray have?
Speaker 1: You think?
Speaker 7: I feel like, not as much, just because the Vikings haven't I mean, coming taken over nine's position, not too much.
Speaker 5: So you gotta really dominate with Seed.
Speaker 1: But don't sit on MacArthur con No, because they I mean, they had a great season last year. Yeah, they started really strong, and con that was his first year as a head coach, came in real shaky with that press conference. Dude, that whole thing that was a little odd for all of us. But he, I mean his play calling was incredible. I think Trevor Lawrence took a step in his career last year, but they did. They had some They had some massive blind spots. You know what, dude might be a sneaky one, Pat Mahomes, because I think from a media standpoint, there's gonna be a lot of eyes on how he recovers and how he comes back. He's still he's still gonna be a hell of a football player. But what are you laughing about that?
Speaker 6: Hey, now I know why you weren't invited to the wedding man. You can't you can't be going at Mahomes like not going at Mahomes. I'm just saying, as much immediate attention as the Chiefs skin, there's gonna be all eyes any misq misstep. If Pat doesn't look great immediately, people are gonna be like going to blow it up to the biggest thing in the world. What do you think back, I think he's take as long as he to take.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: This year, well, they I mean they signed justin fields like he's not that he's like the end all be all, but like he can suffice for four to six weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that. I think four to six weeks to agree with. I think if you're pat, you don't come back into you like you're like one hundred percent healthy, one healthy, you don't want to go and you mess around with that career that he's had already because if he gets another injury, that you getting a weird territorist that you don't want to be in weird uncomfortable territories. Who else, basically the.
Speaker 8: NFL Josh Allen, Yeah, Josh Allen, And well know they got.
Speaker 6: That horrible of me to ask live here, But who is the new head coach of the Ravens? I'm forgetting does anyone.
Speaker 3: Probably did not know that? You don't know either, right?
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 5: Jesse mintor?
Speaker 2: Oh god?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a that's a bad What about Justin Herbert?
Speaker 1: It's a great one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And at some point you've got to get over the roster though.
Speaker 2: That line, that's the argument.
Speaker 8: I think that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Herbert's a good one.
Speaker 1: Herbert's a good one.
Speaker 8: He like, of the all of the stats in like your first five years of starting, he's at the top of all of them. But he's like, I don't know if it's his defense or what it is, like he just doesn't have the Hell.
Speaker 1: No, it's a good one. I like that one, yeah, because he does need that roster and that division they're in too is just so nasty anyway. Uh, Connor Beckis has Taylor wechedid to Bryce Harper about possibly throwing to him on the Home Run Derby if he does it. Bryce Harper recently came out and said his dad tooled to throw, and so that's the only guy that he would do it with. Uh, this is what Homer derbys in a couple of weeks, right. I would love to Bryce Harper. I would love to throw to you. I mean, I can't throw sauce because he goes a million do arm five cent head. I can't. I can't put it where it needs to go. But if I'm soft, toss and I can get that going, no problem. When is the derby July thirteenth, Well, my wife's dow days July fifteen, so I'm probably gonna pass. I'll I'm gonna have to pass. I'm gonna have to pass. I'm gonna have to pass.
Speaker 5: What I'd like to pass, what I like to.
Speaker 1: Happen is perfect. Weal for me? Is I love for Bryce Harper to see this, reach out to us, ask me to pitch, and then I have to pass because my wife and the and the possibility of baby being born that day. AnyWho onward? Is that all the ones we got?
Speaker 6: Shout out to Bryce though ninth All Star Game appearance, Shout out, Shout out the show sick.
Speaker 4: If y'all did a gender reveal at the home run derby. You throw a pitch to Bryce. He doesn't even know it, but it's a fake ball with paint and signs, and he.
Speaker 1: Hits its nukes are pink, just pink dust goes everywhere.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know.
Speaker 1: He just there's just a puff of pig. Because that's a bad throat. Like fuck man, you ruined it all.
Speaker 2: Just try to do a gender derby.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, guys, we're gonna get into Mac Jones I said in the beginning of the show. Absolutely electric personality this guy. I was a fan of him before, I'm a massive fan of him now. I'm sure you will be after. Please listen to how you feel about the comments. If you want to be featured in the show, go and hit the YouTube, Twitter, Spotify comments. Go and put in hashtag tear talk and We will hit you some callbacks next week before we do. Bud Light has always brewed with four simple ingredients for a clean crisp taste. Weeole will do anything for a clean crisp bud Light. Bud Light is the official beer sponsor of the NFL, the NFL Draft, UFC now on Paramount Plus. Bud Light partners include Peyton Manning, George Kittle, Baker, Mayfield, M Smith, Shane Gillis, post Blone, Bruce Buffer, voice of the UFC. Stock up on bud Lightheaded www dot bud Light dot com, Ford Slash locator to find a store near you. Let's get into this wonderful episode, Witter. We hear a little this episode to bring you Neutral. Neutral taste great. So Mu's better than any seltzer I've ever tried. Neutral is made with real Vodkin, real juice. That's what makes it delicious. They come in a variety of flavors pine up on the line my personal favors. They have popular packs, New variety, Fruit Pack, Peach variety Pack, Variety, twelve pack. New flavors include beach, peach, and blueberry. Perfect for social occasions, It's a crowd pleaser, as the FIFA World Cup twenty six kicks off. Think of at home watch parties in the backyard and a day drinking. As the biggest sporting event of the year touches down on US soil on premise, bucket deals are a perfect way to celebrate the FIFA World Cup twenty twenty six. A gay time. It takes the group chat, grab a bucket of neutrals and kick it with the boys as you watch the games this summer neutral, keep it tasty. We're also brought to you by Form Energy. Formergy delivers best in class taste with natural flavors and zero sugar. Form Enerji has natural caffeine derived from green tea. They have these their flavors Delicious Scream and Freedom, Grape Smash, Blue Blitz, Orange Fury. It's perfect for those who put in the work.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: You get up in the morning, nice early morning, hit the sauna for a little two hundred degrees for twenty minutes. You go hit yourself at workout. You're on your way to the shop to see all the boys and get after our nice little podcast.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: You pop Form Energy because you had a lot of stuff to get done that day. And you want to put the work in form energy, We do the work. Let's get back to this episode, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: This is the first child the actor and model that we've ever had on Busting with the Boys. It's a big day for us, a big day, passive day for Busting with Alabama stud quarterback national champion. He got drafted in the first round by New England. He is now with the forty nine ers. Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm round of applus in your vehicles, in your offices, wherever you're listening to this podcast. For Mac Joe, let's go, dude, want an intro.
Speaker 5: I know after I said.
Speaker 3: Child it's like, okay, everybody's probably wondering words. It's about to go, and you're.
Speaker 1: Also probably thinking yourself, I wonder where this is going, right, that's how the works, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well one of our interns found out that you were a childhood actor and model.
Speaker 9: Yeah that's a real thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The blonde bro.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I was like a I had super beach blonde hair. My parents so my sister a little bit than me, and she would go to modeling camp. You know, when you're young and you have siblings, Like, your parents don't want to send one kid to football camp, one kid to soccer camp, so they sent both of us to modeling camp. And I'm like, all right, ship, I'll go. So I was like, this is legit. This is my portfolio picture. It's when I'm trying to get jobs. People to book me. Is what we put up there. And I actually got a bunch of jobs.
Speaker 3: Did you get some acting gigs?
Speaker 9: A little bit? I was a better model when you you know, when you just have to stand there and smile.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: That kid right there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and like you know, everyone loved like the blonde little kid with the racket.
Speaker 3: You know, it was lost out on home alone.
Speaker 9: I easily done that. Maybe my mom My mom kind of like did everything for me, so she didn't do a good enough job.
Speaker 1: When was your your big break in modeling? What do you mean Like you said you got a couple of jobs. Oh yeah, I mean it was the big break? Yeah, well I kind of got away from it. I was like, I love football and so fun of me. Yeah it was weird, but like I was like, I'm hanging out with girls all day.
Speaker 9: This is kind of sick. My dad was like this is great, dude, five, but I was taking advantage of it, and like, you know, some of those like girls and stuff, you know, they grow up and one of them is a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader now and like I don't keep in touch with these like girls, but.
Speaker 3: You'll get to be like Leonardo DiCaprio. But ship, Yeah, back when we're five and six, did she recognize you?
Speaker 1: Do you recognize her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think we were like, oh, you've really grown up.
Speaker 3: One of these photos.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think she's married though, you guys just used to work together.
Speaker 5: We used to.
Speaker 9: It was cool that, like I enjoyed it and it actually helps me for like you know, stuff like this, I don't know, being in front of a camera and I'm like, I don't know, it's it's helpful.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a young age too. Your parents. I saw a couple of qu kids like let's cash in on the.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I made actually like a decent amount of money. I don't know, like a couple of thousand and ten fifteen thousand something.
Speaker 3: Did you see it or it was yeah, it was dead.
Speaker 9: My parents, Like I think they let me spend it, but like they put in some account or something. I'm not sure. Actually, I'm gonna ask him.
Speaker 3: To get that moment.
Speaker 1: It was like the moment it opened in his mind. He's like, yeah, what happened to that money?
Speaker 3: I don't break on this.
Speaker 2: It don't pull your money.
Speaker 9: Like right off the bat, I'm like, I made ten grand compared to my other friends, col than you yet.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand dollars the age before the age of eighteen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that was like whatever, six seven years six seven But at the gel in there, I don't know, young study. Where'd you grow up Jacksonville, Florida. Okay, yeah, kind of down in the heat, dude.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hot, it's real hot, beach side of the city side.
Speaker 9: So my parents still live in the same house. But river so like there's a city, then there's like the river in the beach. So a lot of my friends were in the beach. And then we had a good house, big backyard, and it's where I that's where I love football. That's where I started to love It.
Speaker 3: Was football down in Florida. Like you grew up, probably around dunes, like they take football a little It's a little different down there in Florida, you.
Speaker 8: Guys, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit. I know what you're saying some swag to me, like look at this guy that's a running back.
Speaker 1: Actually just another modeling photo football.
Speaker 3: Photo that is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you worried for your life when you were playing Florida?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Florida football, like growing up in it. I'll say, our pop corner games are like super lit, like like not stadium, but the place is packed, like people were standing on the fence. You know, we're driving over north side of Jack's like like it's pretty it's pretty rough over there.
Speaker 3: Intense. Yeah, I feel like the coaching staffs take it way too serious there for sure.
Speaker 9: And like my high school coach was a legend, Corky Rogers, he actually passed away, but winning a coach in Florida history, he's got like twelve had twelve state championships. But what he did was he created like a feeder league. So I played with all these kids from like age seven all the way till I graduated high school and we played on a pop Ward team together then all the way through middle school then high school, so we kind of like ran the same offense. So like this he was before his time, Yeah, because now they're doing that like that's normal. But back then it was kind of like, eh, is that is that normal?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 9: So that was cool, and then seven on seven was huge. I was kind of the first like era of seven on seven, you know, with like the passing camps and stuff. So I got to meet a lot of cool guys. And I actually almost not many people know this, but I almost transferred to like this school called Rains. And because I wasn't playing there was a guy above me, Joe Eden, great quarterback, played played in college, but I was still at a you know, at a private school, like trying to get film and stuff. And there was a school called Rains. It's like, you know, it's one of like it's a it's a tough school that's there.
Speaker 3: It's like Hoover. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they got like ten guys to go D one every year. Like it's it's a school. And they were trying to like recruit me secretly to go over there, and like I was gonna be homeschooled and we ended up not doing it, but like it was all those relationships that I built growing up. I played against a lot of those guys in Pop Warner and the coaches, like everyone knows everybody, right, So it was kind of cool, like it was a good opportunity for me to maybe go play, but I ended up staying, which is awesome for me and play for coach Rogers.
Speaker 3: Now, when you went, when you were staying in high school, stayed at the school, you said the backup, yeah, like were you of the mentality, like I am nice, I need to go somewhere where I'm going to showcase this ability.
Speaker 9: Kind of. I was like, dude, that freshman year, I was so small. I was like five six, maybe like one twenty or something. You know, one of those stories just looked like a total pipsqueak out there, like yeah, and so I needed to develop kind of like when I went to Alabama, the same thing I needed to develop. So like I ended up obviously doing that and the guy in front of me played and then you know, sophomore year, I started playing and I was playing it one game. I started versus like American Heritage, and like some of these big schools were like pascertained. All these guys were out there. So I was like still small, like five eight, one seventy maybe less than one yeah, one sixty, but yeah, like ID smaller than everybody, but like I think school started to see that, and I finally grew like my dad's a big dude, So I finally hit my Grosburg maybe like junior sophomore, junior year, and like started getting offers and stuff. But it took a minute because like everyone's like, dude, you're five eight, Like you're not gonna you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And there the bottom he's gonna be a great high school player.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, like a small d one school. And I was worried about that a little bit because I wanted to play like legit football. I was just waiting for me to grow, Like I didn't have armpit hair and shit, like I was like, come on, like like the first day, like bench pressing like eight hundred pounds, like that wasn't me. So anyways, that was kind of like the early part of my journey. And I just worked through all that and like developed and stuck with it and trained hard, worked with a lot of like quarterback coaches and stuff and got better and eventually once I started as a junior and senior, like the film was really good and I got a bunch offers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how old were you a year?
Speaker 9: I was probably like six feet maybe h.
Speaker 1: We hit the spur, we feel good about five six ten.
Speaker 9: Six feet, then like maybe six one. I think I grew another engine call.
Speaker 1: One morning a little deeper, like, oh shit, it's actually fun. Yeah, yeah, what do you remember the first offer you got? Like what was the first team that was like, we want you to be our starting quarterback.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so Kentucky sec to start I know, right, So it was actually a great story. Shout out to my mom. We went up there for camp. I'd been going on these bus bus tours ironically in the bus but they're like these bus stores were like you go and your parents send you. I went to like all the way through the West Virginia mountains, went to West Virginia a wake forest, like all the way up and did this bus tour for a week. Anyways, so I met coach Dawson, who was offensive coordinator Miami. Now I think Shannon Dawson, I'm one of these West virgin I think he was that. So I threw there. They didn't end up offering me. But the next year I went back to camp in Kentucky and like bawled out through great. I had good film at the time, and like we sat down kind of like in this situation and my mom's like all right, like what's to do? Like Mac doesn't have any offers, like he clearly was the best quarterback at the camp.
Speaker 3: Mom's good.
Speaker 9: I'm like, holl you're going You're kind of sitting there all quietly like sootoe huge shirt. I think that was like towards the end.
Speaker 3: That's pre kids.
Speaker 1: Getting swagged up exactly. This is just love the game right here. Of course that ed and you're like hell yeah sure.
Speaker 9: But anyways, so we're sitting down I throw at camp and she pretty much told him, like stop being a bitch and offer him. It's like what he said or what she said to him, and like he was like all right, yes I will. It's like we're offering you a scholarship the Kentucky Congratulations first offer. So my mom like kind of like I think he might have been offered me, but she really pushed it and like made it happen, which is awesome. That was my first offer.
Speaker 3: On the graphic it said commit did you get to contem so ship?
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't on the spot. Yeah, I was definitely. I kind of like waited a little bit, but I ended up committing there pretty recently after I got a few more offers, like ten ten offers after that.
Speaker 1: Were they other SEC schools?
Speaker 9: Yeah, there were some big ones like A and M was like a big one. I don't know, Ole Miss like some of those schools.
Speaker 1: And you thought that I want to be a Wildcat.
Speaker 9: Yeah you know, but I really liked coach Stops and like they were building a new facility and like, you know, they're selling it to me, like, hey, you haven't played like in high school you were you weren't the guy like early on, and then you became the guy. Like here you're the guy right away. You know type thing.
Speaker 3: You're going to build this thing with M.
Speaker 9: Yeah exactly, You're going to it. Well, you know, they sell it and I'm like sitting there, I'm like one hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 2: I like, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 9: I wasn't ready for SEC football though, and I think my parents kind of knew that and they were like, hold on, let's like evaluate this. And I ended up decommitting. Yeah, so like we had like a top ten class. I would I still talk to people about it, but I would like DM guys and be like sign to Kentucky like I was trying to get the whole class built up. Yeah, we were top ten class by the end of it, which is huge for Kentucky. And then I decommitted it in the next day, like guy, So Kentucky, you won't hate me, I think, but I still love you guys. And the reason though, is like I was worried. It's crazy, right, but I was worried, like the consistency of it all, like if Coachtops got fired or are they bring in somebody else? And I got a transfer and my parents saw that from like a business standpoint, like you're gonna have a new coach every year. Maybe, But I mean they were wrong on that because Stoops was actually there for a while. But I get what they were saying, because they're like, why don't you try somewhere with some more consistency. Like what you're seeing is like these coaches were moving a lot, Like Shannon Dawson ended up leaving, and that was my connect there, and it's like what if he leaves and brings in some like triple options. You know they're not gonna run the triple option, but some running quarterback type shit I'm like, that's not what I do. So anyways, I wanted to re evaluate it, and I ended up getting you know, stepping away from it for a little bit, like just taking a big picture view. And then Alabama came in at the last minute, not last last minute, but like pretty pretty late in the process.
Speaker 3: And did Alabama. So it sounds like Alabama came in after you decommitted. Yeah, so we're there conversations going on with Bama before Well, this is pre n I l.
Speaker 1: This is c an il.
Speaker 3: You know we had tickets to the back and.
Speaker 1: Main account.
Speaker 9: No, but I didn't have any of that. I wasn't a good enough like they gave all the good stuff there.
Speaker 1: But going back there, like mac Jones, he's got a backyard, he's had bad parents. That's definitely appreciated the shipload definitely, But what was that? What was your last like your top five or like schools you were really looking at.
Speaker 9: So I would say Kentucky obviously was still in it after I decommitted, Like I still was like I might come back to this. I just want to reevaluate. Obviously, Alabama, Texas A and m was cool coach someone my mom didn't really want me to go there though, like she she wanted me to go to Alabama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she saw the Midnight Yell. She had some question marks.
Speaker 9: About I don't know, like it's kind of not far from home, but it's Texas. It's kind of the way, you know, I'm trying to think of some other schools. I mean, I liked Old miss.
Speaker 3: Like when Spama came into the conversation, when you were committed.
Speaker 9: To it was really Kentucky Orbama.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mom was like, let's reevaluate.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, yeah, for sure, And I was committed and then they offered and there was like a two week period where everyone was kind of like is he going to take this? And Alabama like sometimes they're not committable offers. Mine was like committable or whatever. And I ended up having to go up there and throw and my dad, So my dad had this like it's kind of a side story, but my dad had this Yukon Excel car and he still has it or just got rid of it. Had like three hundred and fifty thousand miles on it. But he drove me from Miami at like one of those seven on seven tournaments, all the way overnight to get to Alabama because Saban called and was like, I guess they really wanted to see me throw in person. Like this is after they offered me, because they came to my school and offered me, but then they were like, hey, come out to camp, like we just want to see so you throw and stuff. So my dad like drove me all the way through the night. We got there at like whatever seven am. I threw from nine to ten, and then within like right after the workout, Saban brought me up and he's like like told me the plan for me, Like if you do commit here, this is how we see it playing out. Like you're not going to start early on, to be honest, is what he told me, which I respect. And he's being straight up like you need to develop, like you're not going to develop at some of these other schools that you want to get in our strength and conditioning program with Scott Cochrane, be on the scout team for a year or two and see what happens. And I was like, I mean, it'd be one thing if he was like you're gonna come here to start, because I would have known I was bullshit. So it's like he was being real with me and I think that trip, like my dad sacrificing that time and him driving through the night, like that saved me because I think Saban really loved like my personality on the field, throwing with those guys, like running the workout, because they just put you on this other field and there's other quarterbacks and you kind of got to take over and like be the man, like Kiffen's out there, everybody's out there. And I threw great, and then like I said, he took me up to the office and that was it. Dude, it was sick.
Speaker 1: So did the helicopter didn't play a role in you committing?
Speaker 9: That was good, good recall. So I think sometime after I de committed, they did come down to my high school and Saban landed a helicopter on on the field and it was like the coolest thing ever. Yeah, it was yeah, And I was like, because I didn't really know if they wanted me, you know how, it is like yeah, all right, it's like.
Speaker 1: Committed, Yeah, they always have Yeah. I mean the room he even walked into it was insane.
Speaker 9: For sure, Like Jalen's there too, already committed. I committed two weeks after twa or somewhere around that timeline. But yeah, so like he came to my high school and like all the kids are like around the fence, like, oh my god, that's Nick Saban.
Speaker 3: You feel like the man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like I'm the man and.
Speaker 1: Let's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Like that obviously helped. And then I think from there that was like late, Like I was a senior and I was already pretty much going there. But for him to come see my high school coach who was a legend who he knew, Kirky Rogers and Nick Saban sitting there kind of like this just talking. It was really cool. And that was an experience that like I'll never forget that, you know, because Coach Rogers passed away, but I really played for some legends and that was just it was a good transition for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's something you'll never forget and one of your classmates will never forget as well. Literally helicopter landing and all that. When Saban's giving it to you straight everyone like you see, like him miked up the practices, how he handles a bunch stuff, Like how intense was those first couple of practices when you show up two his committees in the same classes you Hurts, is there, like hell yeah, there's a late like the wide receiver room. All those guys are in the NFL Aliens. Aliens are everywhere, but you're essentially seeing all the UFOs that they've been talking about.
Speaker 9: I'm a new young a.
Speaker 1: How intense was it when you first got to Alabama? Was there a point you're like, yeah, there's I gotta get out.
Speaker 8: Of here.
Speaker 9: Tos. I'm used to go way too many. That's that's a good point. I think my mindset was there, like and I had to build that. But like my first day when I did that lift, because the lifts there were insane, and Scott Cochrane was obviously a legend strength coach. Like we would like go in, you do your warm up, like everything's like so organized and structured, and then you're running to every lift like your back squad, and then you're like run to the row machine. It's like you're dying. And they'll give you water pretty much, well they do, We'll say that they do, but politically they were good about like the trains. That was awesome. But anyways, first day I'm like hallucinating, like like I can't even finish an hour workout, and I'm like, do these other guys like Minka Fitzpatrick and everybody were like they look like they're ten years older than me. And they actually one of the coaches, like strength coaches, not Scott Cochran, but an assistant he thought I was a walk on, so he like put me with the walk ons, like there's another group for the walk on.
Speaker 1: Oh shit.
Speaker 9: So the first day I like the walk ons and I didn't know shit. I was just like all right, I'm gonna lift me all these other white guys, the other guys like yeah, I'm like not with these guys, Like I'm like, hold on, I think this is fucked up. So anyways, so like there's a coach there, coach TJ. He's like old school strength coach, and he would always call me like he's like, you're my walk on, you're my walk on. So even when I was starting, he's like, you're my walk on, You're my walk on. So like that's where that story came from. But eventually, like that pissed me off. I'm like I'm not a walk on, Like screw that. So that motivated me right there. I was like I'm gonna prove to everybody like maybe I don't look the part right now, but like I'm gonna show him. I'm a dog. And I did throughout the four years. Like we had we had this like fourth quarter program where you run, run and lift, you know, like in the springtime OTAs.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you try to figure out who they quit exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like me and Jalen and two are running against each other and the linebackers. But like you get a shirt after every week if you're if you do well, like they hand out maybe ten of them for the whole team. So I got all four years in a row. Every week I got a shirt and like so I got it like sixteen times or whatever. That was a huge deal for me. Like that was my goal every week, like get the shirt, be the first one, at least trying to be the first one. I couldn't really beat Jalen because he's faster than but like I gave him a run for my money, like for for like what I was what it was worth, you know. So anyways, yeah, that was fun. Like it helped me mentally to like run against those guys and lift and compete and it made me grow up quick. So like what Saban was talking about in that meeting, like you need to develop that happened. It took really all four years for that to happen.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, so how intense was that competition in the quarterback room when you're with Jalen into it because you're yea there on the sideline regards when Tua comes in for Jalen, Like what was the competition like in that room with you guys?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was interesting because like I think they both early on there probably this guy just like a non threat, kind of like cool guy, you know, and they're kind yeah, that's how they viewed me, kind of like a little broa. We were all cool. But it's like they were definitely competing, Like you could feel like a little bit of tension in the room, and I was always in the middle, Like it was like Jalen Tua, Me in the middle. Not like they were fighting or anything, but yeah, think about it, like Jalen, you're the man you win. Go to a natty as a freshman, like you're going to win in every game you play, and they kind of like bring in Tua and they're kind of like starting to push two on them, and Tua played really good in practice and yeah, so I get what they were doing and I was just scouting quarterbacks. So that dynamic was it was honestly great for me and.
Speaker 1: Were the same class correct correct? Yea, So was there like did you feel some type of way when like Tua, they started giving two of them now to do more and more things and it essentially became like a one to two battle for them.
Speaker 9: For sure, I kind of knew where I was at, like early on, I'm not I'm a competitor, so like obviously it was tough to like see two and I'm like, but I also knew, like I'm not where I want to be, and I was just focusing on me. But I guess I was just kind of the middleman between those two guys. Yeah, And I mean, I don't know. It was good for me, but eventually I started getting better and better and better, and two was obviously gone by the time we would actually like compete against each other. But but yeah, it was a good room. Like the dynamic was cool, Like Jalen, obviously you got I'm not going to say bench, but they switched it up and you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comes in and it gets covered to to score just rips.
Speaker 9: It down the sideline. Yeah, we were all like, oh my gosh, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't got to say bench, but yeah, no, he yeah, that's all good. Yeah, everybody in the league, everybody's everybody.
Speaker 3: Is want of success.
Speaker 9: Trust me, we've all been benched.
Speaker 7: What was.
Speaker 1: That halftime like when they crazy when they pulled Jalen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the same thing.
Speaker 9: Like I'm just the scout team quarterback, but like I'm dressed out and obviously locked into the game, but like I'm here Saban to a Jalen and like our quarterback coach, and like Saban just kind of brought us up together and was like, look, we're just gonna make a change, try and get some momentum here, like we haven't done much like to it, You're gonna take the second half. And like Jalen was a total pro about it. I remember somebody going up to him. It's one of our coaches, and we're just like he already knew this. But like everyone's gonna be watching you, Jalen, Like you gotta like you can't be pissed about this. It sucks right now, but at every camera SHOT's gonna be on you ever you know, and Jalen's not that type of guy. So he handled it really well. And the coolest part about this is the next year, when he went back in again in the SEC Championship, Two got hurt. So it's like it was all full circle anyways, like he ended up saving the season for us the next year. But he handled it really well and he was happy, like he knew that he was a big reason that he was. He played every game up into that point, and we kind of like saw it a little bit, like, you know, we were struggling in the passing game and it was Georgia, like we needed They're a really good defense, so we needed a spark and two provided that. But he was just out there slinging it. He said, like cover two whole shots in the game. Okay, that wasn't on the read.
Speaker 1: The back.
Speaker 9: Never mind, that was kind of his personality. And and yeah, he went up there, and there's one play in that game. I swear Calvin really caught it on the inline and like he was not throwing it at the Calvin like to like threw it up to somebody, and then Calvin just came in the picture and caught it, and I was like, dude, you did not mean.
Speaker 2: No, Bro, I did.
Speaker 9: I did, Bro, I telling you so anyways, too was like he was awesome and Jalen was awesome too, and we have a great like I mean, I wish we kind of kept up more now, but we will. Like we're all just so busy, like we've been all in the league all starting at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how is it seeing those guys in the league now?
Speaker 2: Actually, no, it's cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like Jalen and everybody, like I dap them up and to the same thing. Like we played against each other a lot when I was in New England and but yeah, I like those and I see them on crossover tape, so it's like it's really cool. But it was a good group, and honestly, it was only US three, Like we had a couple walk on quarterbacks, but like that was the group. It was US three for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: So that was the other thing that was good for me.
Speaker 9: I was like, all right, Jalen's gonna leave transfer and then Tua is gonna go to the draft, so eventually I'm gonna get my chance. So I kind of had that play down in my mind of like when do I need to be ready.
Speaker 3: By yeah starter, you know, yeah, how was it when you finally get the keys?
Speaker 9: It was great. I think like a lot of people in the organization like they were excited for me because they were like this dude's been grinding for along with everybody else and everyone, let's say, everyone liked me, like on the team, and I had a lot of good buddies on the team. They were ready for me to like play and show what I could do it, Like on scout team, like I would dice that shit up.
Speaker 2: You're defense side. There's ten to ten guys in the NFL.
Speaker 3: On the I being a defensive guy, would you guys go back and forth to practice when you were the scoutsy Like, hey, they don't fucking.
Speaker 9: Do that in the game, Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And he's like they would circle the guy. I would never throw it to the circle guy ever, And he throw his hat on the thing the.
Speaker 1: Best, Like what's the best ass to you? And you got from saving this?
Speaker 9: There's a lot but so like second third year, probably second year we're doing like in the game. So at Alabama they play crowd noise on like Thursdays to get you ready for the game as loud as you can. You can't hear. We couldn't be able to talk so loud. Yeah, exactly. So I'm on scout team. We're running through Hill Mary full speed practice, full pads, and like he got pretty intense leading up to this, like we're dicing him. It's third down day and we're in the hill Mary period. So it's like, all right, everyone go down there, kind of just throw it up, you know, he'll Mary.
Speaker 2: But dude, they line up.
Speaker 9: I've never seen this before. I'm young, but I'm like, was like, no one within sixty yards of the guy, like anybody on the line of scrimmage. They're all on the back, which is some teams do. Anyways, I call an audible Derrek Keith. He was a wide receiver. He's a coach. Now I like signaled like now like I can now pass. So I catch the ball, throw it to.
Speaker 8: Him right away.
Speaker 9: It's supposed to be a hill Mary by the way I throw it to him. He takes off, runs down the field somehow the guy is new to block the people in front of him. Then he cuts it back and pitches it back to me, and I score a touchdown on a hill Mary drill because I was like, oh my god, I just totally screwed up. I'm ruined everything, and like I scored spiked it. Like everyone's celebrating. We're like dancing, and like I just look back and I see Sabin like with his hat, like he slams it as hard as I've ever seen someone slam a hat and he's yelling at me, but I can't hear him because the crowd. I'm like, I don't know what the card told me to do that, and like I'm just over there making it big it up stuff. But I was like, hey, I mean it worked right, Maybe you guys should stop it. So, yeah, that's a true story.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was like we had fun with it.
Speaker 9: I shouldn't have done that. I should have just done what the cards said. But that's not cool, you know.
Speaker 2: Just go make a play.
Speaker 9: That's Mexico State's gonna do. Maybe they do something like that. Yeah, like they're not they have nothing to lose, So I don't know. Hopefully, I don't know. We learned from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna pull that one.
Speaker 3: Out in front the walls.
Speaker 1: Hey, the headiness on the Scout team right there is same.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we had some dogs on the Scout team.
Speaker 1: We were like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but you guys had dogs everywhere everywhere for sure. I don't feel like, what was the year you won the Natty? Twenty twenty one, twenty twenty and twenty seventeen, Yeah, twenty twenties, but since that was like the COVID year too, Yeah, I feel like that team doesn't get like as much recognition as the other teams for surecause you guys, what did the spis that year? You guys won like all of the awards, but it wasn't public. It was like on zoom. Yeah, So I just feel like that team didn't get a whole lot of shine because you had you, Najie Harris, ye.
Speaker 9: Will Anderson certained that certain who else won an award? Davante Smith Davante Smith. Yeah, you had Metchi. Yeah, he had the Heisman and.
Speaker 3: You were top three in the Heisman, were you?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah, I finished third somehow I should have been second second, Trevor, that's one of my guys. But I think it was more like what you know, it was just a weird year and like he had a good year before. I don't know how it all works, but yeah, having the like that year was special for me and everybody because Saban like he saw it as like his biggest challenge yet. Obviously from the outside didn't get a lot of coverage maybe or whatever, but we did have fans, Like it was pretty like the games were pretty lit, Like there was twenty sometimes thirty.
Speaker 2: Thousand you're done in Alabama, Yeah, twenty thousand, Like why is there eight people?
Speaker 9: But it was loud, and they like did a.
Speaker 2: Good job with it.
Speaker 9: But it was more like off the field challenges with everything going on COVID and all that, and yeah, Saban like navigated it so well. You had like everything was on zoom and it's just hard, Like he's he's an old school guy, like he wants to be in person and being on zoom is not easy for.
Speaker 8: Him, you know, like you wanted to be.
Speaker 9: So anyways, we eventually got together and we had a great leadership group that year. Like you said, like it was ten guys who were first round picks.
Speaker 1: Pretty much that this photo right here is just hilarious, you know, save it's pissed off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like you can see a good amount of fans and yeah.
Speaker 1: That's about it's back to the brim all these guys testing protocol like in twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Oh it was crazy. Yeah, I mean they got us every day and oh they did yeah, okay, yeah it was legit. It was legit. But I don't know. Me and DeVante Smith are the only ones that didn't test positive.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It's so serious, dude, Like I was like same with the guys. I was like, nobody go out, like we're not doing that ship. Like everyone's staying your ship and like be like this is our year pretty much, like we can beat everybody that we're playing against. But people don't realize we played all SEC schedule, Like what there was no New Mexico States on there, Like like we're going against Ole Miss in the next week, Texas, A and M Like we had to be on our stuff, and I think people underestimated that part of it, Like no one's ever done that. Obviously it's COVID, but like, no one's gonna ever play an all SEC schedule again, Like that was crazy, and every week was like an NFL game. Opinion, So that was kind of cool.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 1: After the season, you're looking at your going to the draft. There's a big argument taking place about who's gonna go at three? U or Trey Lance? Were you feeling that, Yeah, pressure at all? I like I kind of want to go to the forty nine. Did you meet with them at all? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I got a lot of I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: You're bringing up there?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, And that was a big thing. I remember like all the hype leading up to it. But yeah, I think everything happens for a reason, Like I'm here where I'm at now. And I did think, like, all right, they traded up for somebody, and I knew it was one of two people when I was one of the people, right, So I guess if you're gambling, man, it's fifty to fifty year you know. Yeah, shot at the start, and I felt like I had really good interviews, Like Kyle really liked like what I was doing on zoom. My zoom setup was incredible, Like I had the white board and like all the right shit, like I'm gonna do this right. Yeah, So like I had it all like and I would go in there and show tape and try and show him how like what my superpower is, which is like my ability to process and be smart and also like rip it and like show him that I have that side of me too, So I think I had good interviews and leading up to it, I was like feeling good about it. And I met with a bunch of teams and a lot of teams thought I was gonna be gone, so they didn't even meet with me. Like yeah, so anyway, so like the day comes and I ended up not getting picked by them and didn't really know, like it was fifty to fifty, like we really didn't and they went with Trey, which is which is fine, and Trey, I know, Trey's a good dude. And I think Kyle like he really wanted me to get back and back there somehow, like when I went to New England, I mean through this past year, I'm sure you've had so for sure even should yeah, for sure, And I was like, I mean maybe not three. You could have just picked me at twelve, you know, it's like I don't know, I don't know if I'm worth three first round ship.
Speaker 2: But no, like that was part of it.
Speaker 9: And then when I was at fifteen, like the Saints were trying to trade up to get me, and like Carolina wanted me, but they didn't. I was at desiniable with them. They were picked eight, but they thought I was going to be gone, so they panicked and they didn't pick me at eight, so I was I kept going down and I knew I wasn't gonna get past the Saints. I feel like they really wanted to like be be there, you know. So yeah, I think they were like seventeenth pick or something. I don't know, but anyways, it all works out for a reason. And I think even the year I got traded, they were trying to get me back in San Francisco from Patriots to Jaguars. So they were trying to get me to San Francisco then, but they ended up not doing it.
Speaker 1: But never gave up on the dream.
Speaker 9: Many came and I'm like I could pick now. Yeah, it's been a crazy like journey or whatever. And like people can criticize the pick or picking me, not picking me, whatever, it doesn't matter. I think it all happens for a reason, Like, yeah, it's all good and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like where you sit right now, you're in an incredible spot that we've in recent history where guys just have completely flourished. Yeah, for sure, But when you get drafted, you get drafted by the Patriots, you are essentially the guy like this is the guy that's replacing Tom Brady long term, Like how exciting was that moment? And then was there like a moment of like, oh fuck the goat goats.
Speaker 9: The good news is I replaced Cam Newton.
Speaker 8: So I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: Four and.
Speaker 3: Something is a game manager.
Speaker 9: Was the man like and I learned like our personalities are not but we're both like outgoing and fun and not to sidetrack. I'll go back to the draft thing, but you you go wherever you want to. But Cam, like Cam was so awesome and I kind of like got that joy, Like I played with a lot of joy and like he plays a lot of joy. And he was a great mentor. We were together quickly. But I don't know, he was awesome, so I have nothing bad to say about him. Like he was a man, funny and worked his butt off. Like I got there early, like a couple of specimens. Yeah, he would get there at like I get there at you know, five am. He's there at four thirty, fully sweaty. I'm like, I need to beat this guy here. And I kept going down. I was like, maybe he gets here at like five thirty, So I went down at five thirty, he was still there, like I could never get him, you know, and he was always on the treadmill just like Swoll like in the morning sweating.
Speaker 3: Just look like Cam Newton.
Speaker 9: Yeah exactly, figure dude, absolutely, he's a man. So but anyways, like yeah, you can see, like look at the difference. It looks like a high school kid. And then you got Cam Newton, the really humbly Yeah. So when I got picked there, obviously like with the Tom Brady stuff, and there was a lot of like there was some added pressure for sure. And I was so young, like let me look at me there, like I just look young. I don't know I was. I feel like I was still maturing and like still needed time. And it was good for me to go there. And I love mister Kraft and the organization, like they really did. The start of it was really good, Like our first year was good, Josh McDaniels awesome. You know, we went to the playoffs like all that stuff, but there was like that like playoffs isn't good enough, you know, like go to the next steps. I'm like, let's let's build this, you know. Year two and that's kind of when it just went crazy downhill. But yeah, replacing Tom was like a definitely a narrative and I try not to like pay attention to it. I try to just play my game. And I'm not Tom Brady. I never will be, and like he's the best player to ever play. So it's like it was tough, Like you're always gonna have the expectation.
Speaker 3: Of, Yeah, how that week Tom comes back to Foxville.
Speaker 9: Yeah that was that was Like that was that was awesome because they were calling it like the game of the century. I just feel like the lead up was really cool. Yeah, it was a night game, like sold out tickets were going for like you know, four or five thousand dollars whatever, and then everyone's typing it in the media, and I tried to stay off social media during the season and stuff, so like, you know, it's all about Tom and Tom and Tom, and I'm like, shit, I got nothing to lose here. I was just gonna go out there and sling it, and I did. I played decently well in like that stadium. That was the most like electric stadium I've been in, because like it was a good game back and forth. They ended up scoring later or whatever, and we could have we really could have won. We missed a like I mean, we didn't miss anything. Nick Fole barely missed like a fifty something yardfield goal in the rain, and we had to drop on like the play before, So we would have if we wouldn't nailed that and be tom I mean, who knows like that. Yeah, And like the first couple of games we lost, like it was the same thing, like we fumbled or I threw a pick, like it was all last possession. So we could have been like six and oh going into that game or whatever and building.
Speaker 8: But I don't know it was.
Speaker 9: It was lit for sure.
Speaker 3: It was before the field goal. It was a drop ball. It was a bad through. Trying to think.
Speaker 9: Is that. I think it was like Jacobe, it kind of like slipped through on like a slant or something. Yeah, it might have been a bad ball right here, Oh ship it got tipped my bad oh there. But anyways, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: It was a tip ball.
Speaker 9: It seems wide open, so at least get the first I was gonna clock it or call the time out, you know, maybe get a couple more yards, just inch it up for Nick and then we would have nailed it. By me, barely, like that was a great kick. It hit the upright the rain like it was just would have been iconic. But it's all good. It's all it's all meant for a reason. And like I remember leading up to that game, it was just super hype and I try to just minimize all those distractions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's obviously you want to minimize distraction to be present in the moment all of those things. But when Tom Brady is coming back to his old house and you happen to own that house, yeah, it's got to be like, yeah, just the moment you get on the field and like it was there an interaction pregame. I mean you're staring at me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm like, let's party, bro.
Speaker 3: He was like kind of like that.
Speaker 1: But you're throwing the ball like you were warming up and you're throwing the ball in your side and he didn't see you one on this one, because there's gotta be like, I mean, it's fucking Tom. We're talking out of practice and they're like, hey, do you want to meet Tom Brady?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love to, and like as like I'm like talking to my wife. She like backs away. I look and there's like this golden aura. Yeah, like the media is like partying the Red Sea.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: I get to shake his head. I can't imagine it's like you in this situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was like, this is this is crazy. It definitely felt video gamish, But I also was like I spent a lot of time my mental game and I was talking to my people and they were just like, look, you're going against Tom Brady, but you're going against the Bucks defense. Like it's not just don't worry about that part of it. That's not You're part like you do your job, focused on the Bucks. Eventually was really good and let the game play out how it's going to play out, and that's it ended up with what happened. It was just a game, inches but it was cool, like walking out there and he had like he had signs for him and then you know, I still had some signs in jury. It was just cool. It was like a y and I was like, this is crazy. Yeah exactly so, and things were going well at the time, so there was a lot of energy and I just remember like I was at the stadium all day. I got there and slept, That's what I usually did at night games. So like they had a room for me with an air mattress and I would just sleep. So I slept all day leading up to that game, just like you know, those late games sucks sometimes, and I didn't want to worry about traffic. I hate like driving stuff. So I got there early and slept all day, so I was ready to play by the time it came. And I felt good and had a good game, good enough game give us a chance to win. That's all I cared about, is can I get us to like have a chance to beat Tom Brady? Like that'd be sick, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like you got your eighteen hours of sleeping.
Speaker 1: Oh I did.
Speaker 2: Really hard.
Speaker 1: But you should have hit him with like a hey, mister Brady, can I have that jersey after the game? You should have asked him for it. That have been sick. Yeah, He's just sitting there and be like you just just signed out on the field, never really asked.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I feel like he's he probably doesn't hand those out too often, but I should have maybe got one at some point.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, if there's a guy to ask for it, you could have.
Speaker 10: Been no doubt I was losing a game. Yeah, in front of Billy b No doubt Billy's not having the person on the selfish just got to take over, like.
Speaker 1: I kind of need this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it was a rookie.
Speaker 9: I was just like trying to survive. Yeah, you don't want to like overstep and ship. I don't know, but that was cool. And like traffic on the way home just like took like hours. It was a lit Yeah, it was a crazy day, you know, and then you gotta jump down traffic. That's awesome, just to hey once again to specim after it. Yeah, not to take a turn in negative town. But you said you're two. That's when the wheels really started to fall off a little bit. What about that season for you? Nothing was really going right mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 9: It was I felt like I wanted to build, like and I wasn't satisfied, and nobody on our team was was like going to the playoffs and getting our butts kicked. Like, but we did build something kind of cool. Early played good on offense, like we were top probably ten offense whatever. Our defense was really good. So I was like, all right, let's build this. And Josh McDaniels ended up leaving. That was kind of step one. Thanks Josh, But I get it, like he obviously coached us and got that chance to be a head coach again and that's what he wanted to do, and good for him. But like that thing that really affected me because I felt like if if I could have just built on the year before, it would have really helped me and everybody on the team. But anyway, so that happened, and yeah, some other stuff happened, like with like bringing it. We didn't know who were going to hire, and I was a little worried about that, kind of like going back to college where I wanted to have that consistency and yeah, my coach, you know, and obviously build interview people or whatever. And I just felt like we didn't click early in OTAs and it just you could kind of see it trending. And I was just a second year player, so I didn't really like say much or do much a little bit, but like Brian Hoyer was the backup and he was kind of like looking at me, like trying to like keep me in it, but we were kind of like this is not going to be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like.
Speaker 9: So we ended up hiring nobody. So we ended up staying in the house with Matty p and Joe Judge. Oh that's when Patricia was yeah right, yeah, So at first, what's he referring to?
Speaker 3: I kind of can't remember, yeah, but I remember that, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So at first Bill was like like gonna call the place, which I was like, all right, it's kind of fun see how this goes. And he's like obviously great defensive guy, and like, I don't know. I was like, all right, Bill wants to take it over. Good for him, he has six Super Bowls, he can do it ever he once, right, yeah, and I'll trust it and maybe it's good. But like he took it over, and we kind of like didn't know where we were going, you know, like there were three people in the meet, like who stands up to talk to the offense? Like they didn't really know is it Joe Judge, is it Bill? Is it Maddy Pe? So anyways, there was just a lot of like it's like a collaborative yeah, I guess, yeah, which is like I get when you're trying to like experiment ots. We got close to the season and it ended up Matty Pee and Joe Judge like they were switching off. It's like preseason. Yeah, like they were doing some and then I think Bill was in there a little bit, like just having him like, hey call this play here, so they were experimenting. I didn't play much in the preseason, but anyway, so we ended up Maddy p ended up calling them. But like we like changed our entire offense like a week before the season, and I was like kind of back to what we did my first year, but we weren't practicing that, so it was like really hard for everybody. We had veteran guys like Hunter Henry and Jacobe Myers and stuff, so we were good, but I didn't feel great about it going in and that was tough for me because I was navigating that along with like getting ready for another defense, like you're going against I think we played the Dolphins the first game of the year, but I just didn't feel clean for me, you know, And we actually like kind of started at least figuring out we were really only a couple of plays away from making it to the playoffs, which is crazy. People don't realize that that year. But it was just a weird year. It didn't feel you know what I'm saying like clean and Chris, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Anytime you have two coaches standing up in front of a room, taking turns speaking and being.
Speaker 9: Like the head of the offense, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: And I mean you had a great operation year one. Yeah it was Alabama where it's nothing but operation for sure, and then when you're experiencing this collaborative effort in year two, it's kind of like.
Speaker 9: Yeah you yeah, like Rocky, Yeah it was there, Rosy, it was I'm not hating on Bill or Maddy p or Joe Judge, like they all coach a lot of football, but it's just hard when you're like if you're not you're a defensive guy, like imagine you're just like all right, go call plays. Yeah, it's hard. Probably, so I think they knew it. I think we all kind of saw it on the walls. But it was tough, Like I didn't want to cross anybody in a bad way, but I was frustrated because and I was young, Like there was a lot of variables here, and yeah it all started with Josh leaving, so thanks Josh. But they were like we ended up figuring it out enough to where I don't know, like we pieced together and Mattie p like grind it with me, Like we would go in the indoor and call plays together and like work on it. But it was just never good if you were I didn't play grade either.
Speaker 1: So you're like, you're clearly like in a great position now where you're you're setting yourself up for. But if you go back to that year two, what would you different? Would you be a bit more vocal about what you needed to like be a better football player.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a great question. I thought about that.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I think I think we kind of tried early and it was kind of like just stop, you know what was in your was he in your like hey, you need to be vocal? He was like He's like, look, dude, like we respect you, and like Hunter Henry, like these older guys were kind of like the younger guys don't know any better. The rookies are just like, oh, we'll do whatever, you know. But they were like they were kind of pushing me to be like, all right, you do something about it. So I guess, looking back on it, I should have been more like vocal about it, but I don't know. I was a second year player, and.
Speaker 1: For me it's such a weird.
Speaker 9: Like now it would have been like hello, like we're not doing that, Like ye six, I'm like, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: And even the staff if it was now would probably not that they didn't respect you, but there's just more of a collaboration. Yeah, because when you're that staff and you've won, however many super Bowls one at a time.
Speaker 9: So yeah, it really affected my career, to be honest, because like like I said, I didn't play my best football, but it was I don't know if playing my best football was even in the car. Yeah, in that situation.
Speaker 3: Next year, I assume it gets even more frustrating because then it's the back and forth where you're going back and forth from the bench with Bailey Zappi.
Speaker 9: R Yeah for sure. Yeah, And like I got hurt that that second year, and like we were slinging the ball around a little bit, but I got hurt, So like that messed everything up and then there were some weird dynamics there. I don't know, it was just really weird. The communication wasn't great, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: All I gotta say, how was your relationship with Zappie when all this stuff is taking taking place.
Speaker 8: It was weird.
Speaker 9: I think, like honestly, it was weird for both of us. Like we're both young and it was really the second year or two we had like Maddy p and stuff like I don't know, like he went in there and played really good, which is awesome. And it was weird though because it was like that was my team, you know. Yeah, I felt like that I still deserved that shot and like my team, and it just felt weird like there's two guys, you know, but Zappie like he was cool, like he worked hard and I don't know, like that's pretty much like we weren't like really close friends or anything. Yeah, that competition. Yeah, like the fans in the media, Yeah, they were like bros. Yeah, and they were like blowing and I'm they were like blowing it up in the media and stuff. So it was just like kind of sloppy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and if the communications not great too, it's yeah, it's just awkward. Like I took over for Perry Riley and Washington. It was kind of like just happened that practice and there was zero kind of communication about it. Yeah, I just felt awkward for sure. Yeah, taking the taking this new spot knowing like he doesn't have any explanation for sure. Yeah, I've also gotten benched where it was just like it just happens fast. Yeah, and then the dude's taking over and then you're in the room and you're trying to just figure out, you know, the teammate relationship, just all of it exactly. It's just a lot on when.
Speaker 9: You're young too, like you have tunnel vision, like you're trying to focus on your stuff and yeah, I don't know, like we I saw him at the end of the game last year. He's on the Browns at the time, like tapped him up, like we're cool. But you know it is like, yeah, awkward, like it was a bad year. We didn't win that many games, Like there was a lot of media hype between like the battle of what was going on.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It's just tough like first and second year players pretty much.
Speaker 1: When you have that that tunnel vision, because when you're young, that main character Synshyp is like bigger than ever, Like you're trying to figure out your legacy, your story is going to go. I want to reach X, Y and Z and if this, if this was just taking place like you're like both of your situations. Yeah, it's like there has to be some forethought from the coaches standpoint, be like, oh, we got to make sure that there's not a riff with any players. We should definitely explain a lot more of what's going on, not just seem like everything's just an impulsive move like that, because if you're if you're in year two, I was ever in this position, but like if someone just came and benched me right away, clearly I'm gonna feel someway And it takes one of us lowering our ego to be like, hey, by the way, like, yeah, I don't want things to be weird between us. Obviously I hate the situation, of course, but how often does that happen in a locker room when everyone's always posturing and playing that game with you in.
Speaker 3: The game moves so fast.
Speaker 9: It's like even if you're a head coach, it's like you're there's a billion decisions you're having to make through this definitely through the day, through the course of a day, to where you just tell the position coach, hey, we need to make this move happen. The position coach is like fuck, like it's.
Speaker 3: Got to come. It's got to come through me. You tell them you're running awkward meetings. You're kind of like your hands are tack because you have a job for sure, for the bigger pictures of the head coach. Like I wish you would this spot. Now we're all in this weird spot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And like I got hurt and we played the Bears and I was ready to play, but they were kind of like not like we're gonna like alternate you guys. And I was like, I just went to the Pro Bowl last year, Like I wasn't terrible in my first couple of games. Yeah, and like I'm not proven. I'm not saying like I arrived, but like at least let me have a chance to go back. Yeah already, Like I didn't play a game, but I played three games since my last season.
Speaker 2: We lost.
Speaker 9: We were like one and two or whatever, Like we're still in it. I mean, you're not football in September. Doesn't like you know how it goes.
Speaker 2: You want to play it at the end. So I'm like, give me a chance here. And it was just weird.
Speaker 9: It was like in the hallway kind of just all right, we're gonna rotate and I'm like, wait, what's going on? It's always confused.
Speaker 1: And I was like you yeah reaction, You're like, yes, sir, yeah, I mean go and compartmentalized cried the bathroom.
Speaker 9: No, I'm like, oh yes, sir, absolutely, maximoted twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Max like came, mom, I need you to come to the coach's office right now and let his as.
Speaker 9: She was, so we're bitching my son, cry sorry, I'm you really getting into this. I haven't really talked about this before anyways, let it happen. Yeah, we were one. So I got hurt Baltimore in the last play through for two thirds whatever like the stats or whatever. We're one and we're one and two and I got hurt. And then I come back for the Bears game and I played like the first couple of drives and then it was it.
Speaker 1: Was kind of it was like the first couple of drives. I started the game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I started the game, and then they were like all right, yeah, and it wasn't great. But I don't know, so I get it. I get it all like you want to, but like you said, it's just weird.
Speaker 3: But even when that frustration builds, I want to say there were even moments where it's like there was even people are trying to make headlines about like for sh interactions with you and and Belichick on the sideline. Definitely things are going on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and like I tried to be a good teammate about it, like it's tough, but I was like, let's keep winning, and that's all I really care about. Yeah, it's like deep down inside, of course I want to play, but I try to be a great backup. Like that's what I do now. I'm a backup quarterback right now. And I don't know, like I think I've proven that. For some reason, it got portrayed the other way, like I was like a bad teammate or something and all that, which I don't think was true. Yeah, I feel like most guys enjoyed playing with me. Like did I play great during that rocky years? No? But like do the guys like me and respect me? I think they did, you know, And that's what I really cared about. So and obviously winning is important to me, and we didn't do that. And I get what some of the decisions that they made, but I also don't get a lot of them either.
Speaker 1: So did you ever did you ever pull the U the legendary player called coach meeting when you go up to the coach but head you if I get him to.
Speaker 9: Bill, Yeah, I mean we had some conversations.
Speaker 1: Was he more transparent with you? Because the last as is like the way Bill is portrayed in the media of his like he's like the hoodie on with the cutoff. He's very like does doesn't seem like he gives a shit about anything else other than just like the EXODSI vide. Yeah, but we're at the RAMS facility and there was two undrafted free Asian offensive linemen from North Carolina and they're like, oh, Bill's awesome and the building they loved, like his personality with that. So for me, I was like kind of thinking back, like, oh, Bill's got a little something to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: So you did you like call him in We're like, was he a little more transparent about thought process?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: No, I felt like early, like the first year was great, like we would eat breakfast sometimes together and like hang out and get to know each other. And then I don't know what happened and just kind of like switched a little bit. And but yeah, he's he has a personality, like he was funny, has good jokes in the meetings, like people laughed as jokes, and like we would kind of like choke on the field a little bit. But I don't know it just like the personalities were so different, Like that's me kind of like outgoing and energetic, you know, and like dancing field. It just didn't really make that. Yeah exactly, Yeah that was a big thing. Like but anyways, I don't know. I think it was we got pissed that you hit the gritty. Oh yeah, he was pissed. Yeah, and the team he got pissed.
Speaker 1: I did it one time, and yeah we had a good time. I danced once and he yelled at me.
Speaker 9: Yeah exactly, but it was like I hit it the next year during the season or something versus Baltimore. Anyways, he was like he was showing the highlight like I ran it in or whatever. And then like I was gritting, but like my teammates were all like behind me, like dancing and stuff. He's like just running away from your teammates, Like what do we do in here?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, coach, I'm dancing. We're having a good time. It's like you didn't understand that like it was.
Speaker 9: Part of the hype, you know, but yeah, he does have a good personality and like, look like was it the best thing in New England with us? No, but he is the best coach to ever coach, Like I'm I respect that, and do I respect all the decisions that either him or I did or didn't do, Like it is what it is, you know. Yeah, And I think I'm not going to sit here and hate on him, you know, like it's not me. And I think that he taught me a lot about defense, I'll say that for sure, And like he was a good leader. I learned a lot from like the leadership meetings with like Devin mccordy and Matthew Slater and David Andrews. Like I learned about a lot about leadership there. So yeah, it was it was good, Like I take, I try to take the good things and bring it with me and leave the bad things behind.
Speaker 3: Was it a breath of fresh air getting traded to Jacksonville?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Going back home was cool. Yeah it was good.
Speaker 9: Like I felt like that that era was over for sure, Like it was time for me to try something new. And yeah, I still wanted to become a better player and like learn from a different system and get in get back home was good for me being around my family. Yeah, Jackson was cool, Like still have really good buddies down there, Like Trevor and I are close. Cavee Davis was awesome. We're still friends. Christian Kirk's on my team now, cam little like, so there's guys that I really enjoyed and we're still close friends. So that was cool for me. And I liked the coaches too, like Doug Doug Peterson awesome, great guy. Like they were kind of on the outs because there's a lot of pressure to make the playoffs that year, and we didn't.
Speaker 1: We just same thing.
Speaker 9: We got off to a rough start, Like I feel like we could have been five and one. It was, but that's NFL, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Could have been this, you know, it's always like one series, like it really was.
Speaker 9: And like we fumbled against Miami and we were to beat Miami, we'd been one to oh then, like we just didn't stack those those like little moments, and we had a really good roster, like it's the same roster they had last year pretty much besides a few guys. So I learned a lot and it was good to be home. And they have a great facility down there. I don't know if you guys have been there, but the new facility in Jacksonville's freaking awesome. Shut up, Yeah, they got a great spot.
Speaker 1: How was it for you mentally when you're making when you go down to Jacksonville, clearly like your first round pick, so there's a lot of whispers or team on people are negative about your career, like for sure, where were you at from a mental standpoint?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's good. It's a good question. I think it was hard for me because I was so like trying to prove people that I can play, like I know I can do this, and I put like maybe a little bit too much pressure. Plus you got the added pressure of like being home. You know. It's like I didn't have a couple of good years, but I feel like I can still do this, So I'm in the right situation. And I don't know, Just like I said, things didn't go our way. The first time I touched the ball, we were like two and seven. You know. It's one of those years, you know, And at that point I was like I'm gonna go out there and sling it and like put some good tape out there and try and win some games. And I mean we didn't really do much better. I think we were whatever two and five or two and six by the end, but we were in a couple of games that like we should have won, and I did put good enough tape out there. I think that's why just going a couple of other teams were like, I mean, there is some good stuff out there. Obviously it's a tough situation, but I feel like I put too much pressure on myself to like prove everybody like I'm still the guy I can still play. And then this last year I was like, that's when it kind of all came together. But that was how Jacksonville was for me. Like I said, great, great people, great staff, facility, everything was awesome. So but yeah, I was like when free agency came, I was like, maybe they bring me back, but they didn't end up doing that because like me and Trevor got along well, they just they got a new regime. So it's like Liam did a great job there. And I see Liam all the time, like around the city and stuff, so he seems a great He's a beast.
Speaker 1: Rough start to his career.
Speaker 9: Did you see that when they said he like cut his hair on.
Speaker 3: That wasn't release thing. Yeah, to schedule at least I eliminated from the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you were seeing their praises in the season.
Speaker 3: To keep your eyes on the Jags. Man, not this year. Actually, now that I say that, I still like I'm.
Speaker 1: About the playoffs. Actually, now that I've thought about the two seconds back.
Speaker 3: Make believer in Liam Cohen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, believe got some answers. He's got some answers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you guys like him for real.
Speaker 3: I don't know whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he seems like he's got them on the right track.
Speaker 9: I agree.
Speaker 1: This is I mean, I played for the Titans. We got two titansos in the back here. It's tough to say that out loud. Of course, of course it seems like the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like everyone talked about Vrabel and coach Johnson in their rookie years of being a head coach, but Liam was They did damn near the same thing for sure. And we interviewed, We went out to McVeigh in l A. And mcveigh's mcvay's high on Liam.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he seems like you like I was at some restaurant. He was there.
Speaker 1: We were talking like he just he gets football.
Speaker 9: I can tell. Like some guys you don't really know, you know, like coaches, there may be more like leader guys like Jax's nose and a leader. You can tell.
Speaker 1: So is Liam part of that tree?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Got you. They were in the same offense like me and Trevor. Like I talked to Trevor on the phone a few times about it.
Speaker 3: Just need Trevor's body, his body language.
Speaker 9: Just stay in it, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: And like coaching the Jags, like coach anybody you're demand. You just gotta all your teammates feel all this stuff is gonna catch you everything. Just stay stay pos.
Speaker 1: Put your eyes down towards the ground.
Speaker 2: You got to keep that.
Speaker 3: Tell Brian Thomas to go get the fucking ball.
Speaker 9: Due can play that. Dude's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You brought it up a couple of times about San Francisco. Should have been the three who knows, like you guys are in this little dance, maybe they'll come get you in the trade. Ended up not happening. Now, Yeah, you're in San Francisco for sure. Was it when you got there?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: Was there a level of release for you, I know, like you still have all those things in your head, like, yeah, I can still do this clearly brought perties the guy, but like you in a position where it kind of feels like you wanted to be there the whole time.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, I know I did, And I feel like it was the way my mind works is like structure, Like you were talking about earlier. This is the first time that I would have structure. I felt like a really good they They've proven it year after year. I know Kyle, I know how he coaches, I know his assistant coaches, Like he knows what he's doing. So it takes a lot of burden off me to like put that pressure of like I gotta really be hon it. Like he kind of gives you that by setting you up for success. I guess that's training, that's everything, all the x's and o's. But yeah, I was really excited because that was the first time since my first year and Patriots and then Alabama that I felt like I had like a real, real structure. Yeah, I've proven structure, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, And so that was that was a relief for me. Like like I said, I took that I'm gonna prove everybody, and I was like, I'm just gonna be like a rookie again and just learn everything and be a sponge and be a great teammate and meet these guys. Like the guys on the team are awesome. It's like the best team I've been on.
Speaker 1: It seems like one of the best locker rooms.
Speaker 9: Like it was a relief though, because I was like, all right, this takes the pressure off me. Just and Mick Lombardi, our quarterback coach, was like, hey, dude, like, you don't have to prove anything to anybody like we because he coached me in New England. He was a wide receiver coach and he went to Vegas with Josh and then ended up in San Francisco. But he's like first meeting, he's like, dude, you don't have to prove anything to anybody, Like, I know you can play. I've seen it when you were a rookie. You went to the Pro Bowl like you were a top ten quarterback, like number one, Jersey Sales all that ship. He's like, I know what you can do. He's like, you gotta go do it, but don't like feel like you always have to prove that, like just be yourself like it'll happen. So I really appreciated that meeting.
Speaker 3: He's giving you a juicy Yeah.
Speaker 9: He's Italian, he's got his finger up and sh everybody else. But like I really liked that hit me. I was like, dude, I'm gonna do this, and and like I played well last year and I feel like the things that he talked about, like go out there and rip it, and Kyle same thing, like buy into the system and learn it and just be a sponge. I was just trying to be a sponge and I ended up helping me. It took that pressure off and just stopped trying to prove people and just focus on doing your job and your footwork and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went into the decision to go out to San fran Was it the staff, like just knowing it was the best situation for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I trust me. I didn't have crazy amount of options to be honest, like I played in Jacksonville and there was good tape, but it wasn't consistent. Like we talked about people didn't really know. But Kyle was like he knows football. He's like this kid got screwed or whatever you want to call it, and it just didn't work out and I can get this kid back on track. I feel like you really saw that, and honestly we did, and now I'm gonna keep doing that. But I really appreciate it because Kyle, that was It's always been me and Kyle, Like I feel like that was always supposed to happen.
Speaker 3: You know, it was always Yeah, he's so widely respected. Like we had Sammy Dion a couple of weeks ago, and he thought the best before his career was going and being a backup in San fran because it just opened him up to not like I don't say, like learning new things because he was a starting quarterback. Like you guys all know everything, but they do such a good job of explaining the why, explaining the game, playing the execution. If you do deviate from certain rules, it's just why we're going to do it based on what the defense is showing us. It felt like he got back in the school of football for sure, learned so much, which obviously propelled him to Minnesota with O'Connell and then he just won a Super Bowl with Seattle. He loved the move.
Speaker 1: He thought it was the best thing for him going to PhD Yeah, and being a quarterback.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I said that too. Maybe I copied him, Maybe he copied first second, did he say it the last week he copied me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: No, but like he's right, and I saw that and I kind of knew, like, let's get let's get there, you know, and just see what happens. And I really did feel like there was a couple of guys that went there and played well. And I don't know, there's just it's just not easier, but the it's set up for quarterback play. Yeah, Shanon's done it for so long. Sam did awesome.
Speaker 1: So one thing about like the forty nine ers, I was like, they have so much talent, they have top five talent in the NFL, but every year it seems like there's just they're just real to injuries. And last year they had a shitload. Ron Purdy goes down, You're missing all your wide receivers. Was there like clearly the offense you're in is a lot better now? Yeah, But was there a nervousness going into it, like all right, I know I can do this. I've learned so much. Yeah, yet now I'm in the game, but all the weapons are kind of like I have unproven guys around me as well, because there was there a fear of that going into it. Yeah, well you're just at the point like fucking I'm gonna send. Yeah, a little bit of both. Like I felt really good about it because I got a lot of reps. Like I got a lot of reps last year during training camp. They do a good job giving the ones and the twos. You know, some places it's like, you know, the twos only get so much. But anyways, I was repping with these guys like Tanjas and KB and all these guys. So I felt good about it. And I have banked reps with KB and we had a great year.
Speaker 9: But like anyways, yeah, I was a little nervous, like you're going against the Rams. That was a great example, like we kind of had a bunch of guys out. Christian was still out there, like, no.
Speaker 1: I bet the house on the Rams that game, Like what the fun they have? Nobody, it's thy night.
Speaker 9: It was a quick turnaround, like there was a lot of things against us, and like I remember, Christian.
Speaker 3: Clothes are getting torn off the is this dude still alive pants falling dad, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like putting a hand on my knee just to stand up, Like this kid's getting fucking That needs to be your profile picture. It was hard.
Speaker 9: I signed it for our EQ guys are awesome, So like memo, he's one of my main guys. He's he printed it out for me and I signed it for him, and they have like a wall of fame like best pictures. Yeah, like EQ guys falling on the field or like.
Speaker 2: You know, put that one up.
Speaker 9: But that one's great that they awes me. But I messed up my bleakue on that play. So the next week I was hurt. But like I got hurt in the preseason night last year, and like my knee was like bugging me for a little bit, like throughout all those games. So I was never even close to me in like one hundred percent all year. And yeah, we had a we had guys out there that was that's tom or whatever guys, But I did not eat eleven bananas.
Speaker 2: But that's it's a lie. Yeah, it's a lie.
Speaker 1: The photo that's up for those of you listening, says Mike Jones eleven bananas during last night's forty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're known as like the banana burglar.
Speaker 2: BBA down.
Speaker 9: I think I ate like four or five. It's a lot of a lot of it was and it was like, how did I cramp? It's indoor, but it gets hot and that's so far, like it was a night game. The turf got hot.
Speaker 3: Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: You were at Alabama and he's in l A and I gets hot there it gets hot.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 9: I was pissed, know, I was like, I was mad at myself. I was like, how the hell am I crampy right now? So I was like, Tomo, get me everything you got like it. And then Dustin, like our main trainer, I was like more element everything. So I'm just like chugging and eating everything. So anyways, that got me back. And then like Adrian was about to go in Martinez and he just got there and like didn't know the plays and ship like it was tough. He didn't know the plays, but like well he did literally like he literally just got there like whatever two weeks before, has no reps, no live reps in practice. Imagine going out there as a quarterback on a new team and have no I mean I think he had done great, but Anyways, so he's walking out there. I'm still cramping and like the last two drives and I just like scent it out there and I was cramping the whole time. But I ended up finishing the game, and like it was crazy a c one of our defense linemen like made that punch out fumble and that was like Fred played a great game.
Speaker 2: Like ball.
Speaker 1: The bet.
Speaker 3: I had the bet, but I was super happy for you. Yeah, you knew, you knew he had the juice when he started hitting the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, somebody there was a beautiful photo of you with the Obleaue Cappin or somebody that come off a sideline.
Speaker 3: You get like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also it's like there had to be such a release of emotions for you, Yeah, to be like all the ship you've gone through Jacksonville, you've wanted to be in the forty nine ers went the way it did, the Patriots, and then you come in here with abandoned misfits and Christian McCaffrey. You're like, hey, let's get this fucking thing done. Yeah, and you like you're cramping, nothing's going to going your way, but it's also all going your way. Yeah, and you get done beat Mattie Stafford. Yeah, it had to be an awesome night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a great night. And like, yeah, there was a lot leading up to that moment, and I had a few starts before that, but like the injury stuff and the guy everything you talked about. You try not to like blow anything up. And I'm very focused during the year of like what do I need to do today to be and just a low.
Speaker 3: Key rivalry between Shanahan and McVay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot there.
Speaker 9: Like I knew about it, but like I've never like West Coast teams haven't played as many of them. I've been East Coast, you know, like being on this side of it and being in this conference, Like I knew about the rivalry, but that ship is real. Yeah, like oo, teams hate each other. Seahawks Arizona.
Speaker 3: I mean you're in a hell you're in like the best division in football.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah it is. I think this this is definitely the you think you think.
Speaker 3: The five G played your favorite the Towers.
Speaker 9: Oh, I like that five sounds better than substation, But yeah, I don't know that was my number one. Like, you know, off season, you're traveling and out with people and friends and it's like family members. It's like all great year.
Speaker 3: But like, do you think the substation, Like everybody's so curious. It was such a big headline the super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was right at the super Bowl, got like twenty questions there. But yeah, it's like I don't know, like I don't feel any different, Like I don't know, I don't know, Like I feel fine.
Speaker 1: So as soon as you get your naps in, like exactly, but yeah, it is.
Speaker 9: Right there, Like I mean, it can't be any closer. I've literally hit it with a football before because we do like crossbar challenge, you know, on Fridays we tried at the crossbar and like it's right there. But I don't feel different and I don't think it affects. And they did study it. John Lynch told me that, like they really did look into it.
Speaker 1: Oh you did, the GM told you they studied it. It's totally fine. Players like hell yeah, John Lynch would never steer us wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I feel like there's a few guys on the team who are like still really skeptical, but oh no doubts. And we have a lot of characters, so it's like we.
Speaker 1: Won't say names. Well, yeah, there's guys out there like not dude. Now, yeah, my grounding techniques, party, third party researching, right right, something's going down there, Yeah, dude. One thing that I just thought was incredible by you during the season, like Brock's hurt, you're playing extremely well. Yeah, I know you're playing so well that the media is now pseudo starring this quarterback controversy between you ye Rock, Like I think we all know the reality of Like, Rocks are a hell of a football player. He also just signed a massive contract, so they're not really in the cards. But you went to a press conference and they asked you about about Brock and like when he comes back to who do you think should be the qarterback? They're basically trying to bait you in Yeah, the largest clickbait of all time. And I thought the way you handled it was like as perfect as it could be, as being like this is Brocks team. Yeah, I'm just trying to play the best I possibly can, Like, did you know that question was coming? Yeah? Were they were?
Speaker 2: They fully?
Speaker 9: They fully of me that I've been on the other side of it, think about that. Yeah, I've been the starter and there was a little controversy. It's like I've been in Brocks shoes and there's no controversy, like it is Brocks team. And I still believe that. And I don't know, there's a respect like when you respect a guy who just got paid and earned it and then played really well and just got hurt. Like yeah, that's my job as a backup quarterback to go in and play well. And I think he supported me really well in that situation, like he was there for me.
Speaker 1: He wanted us to win.
Speaker 9: He's like, go get it done so we can get to the playoffs, like he knew he was coming back. So I don't know, like I have a swag, I have a lot of swag and like played like that, But I don't think there was ever like personal controversy or anything like that. I do believe like we both can play at a really high level and we're gonna do that this year, like that's the plan. And he handled it well, I handled it well, everybody handled it well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't believe in like creating that. It just doesn't help.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sure.
Speaker 3: I like how you pull from your experience too. It's almost like you're conscious of Yeah, I'm playing some damn good for for sure, to where you understand why conversations come up. But being the starter, listening to the guy who's going to give an answer, definitely, you're It's it's a very supportive angle to take to relieve any extra pressure that he would put on himself. I like, yeah, I think I'm playing pretty good. We'll see what the coach says next week. And like when Kyle like, yeah, you're totally right.
Speaker 9: And when Kyle like brought me in, He's like, look, dude, like you bald, Like we're gonna need you again at some point, just be ready, And yeah, I was like did I get it? Like I'm not. I wasn't expecting to stay in there at all. Like we were like winning some games. Yeah, but at the end of the day, like it is Brox team and I want to win. Like I was so hungry to get to the playoffs this year, adding beinsince my first year. I was like, I'll do whatever. I'll play linebacker if you need me. I'm ready. So it's like that's that's just where I was at with it. And I think it never hurts having two great quarterbacks like Toyah like and he's helped me a lot. Like bros Brox the man, I think he came on with you guys. Yeah, yeah, natural guy now like, yeah, he's the man, So I really enjoy.
Speaker 3: There's something to it too, of like I don't know, you see yourself out there slinging it, embracing it, having fun again and almost like you just accept that. Hey my past, I fully accept it. I'm coming into this backup role like I just want to fucking have fun, play ball and help the boys win. So it almost doesn't matter, like, yeah, the rest of that stuff will kind of play itself out. You're now in the mindset of like playing with house money, yeah, right, Like there's no there's no expectation to go out there and be like, yeah, I kind of do need to be the starting quarterback if I'm the Yeah, if I've been slinging it recently.
Speaker 8: No doubt.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love that, And that's that's probably should have been my mindset all along. Putting that too much pressure on yourself and like you've played, you guys both played like being a young player in the league, you know there's a lot that comes with that's just maturing helped a lot. But yeah, I feel like I'm in a good headspace and it's all mindset at the end of the day, like you choose to go out there and rip it and have a good time, Like, yeah, mindset. So it might not go your way. You have to accept that. Like you could go out there and rip and throw three picks like it is what it is, you know. But if you don't go out there and rip it, you might never have a chance to throw three touchdowns either, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so basically just fucking rip it exactly. That's all you got to do, is there. I know you're like, you want to be president in the moment, you're have another year with the forty nine ers. But ye see, like like Sam Darnell wins the Super Bowl after he was pronounced a bust, we have to seeing ghost thing. He's jumped all over the place. Malik Willis gets like, what was it? Sixty million, ninety million? What did he get from there?
Speaker 3: He had a bag.
Speaker 1: He got himself a bag. After being a backup for a couple of years, you probably can't help. Yeah, but just being a little bit curious, But hey, I did kind of ball out a little bit, went to the school playing hand kind of good about it. Yeah, and your brain it's like, hey, I might have a little something.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I mean Sam played one game and he got ten mil, so I played eight. I should have got eighty.
Speaker 3: So you aren't thinking about it just to.
Speaker 9: But yeah, like I've noticed that. And I signed a two year deal, so I get it. But like, and that's where I was at at the time. I wanted to make sure I was on a team. Like I didn't know how it was gonna go. It could have gone either way. Like I said this in the presser, but if I played bad on a one year deal, it's like you're maybe you're not even on a team. So it's like you just be on a team. That's my number one goal. And then obviously I know that I can play higher than just being on the team, Like I could be a starter and this year, if I'm going to be a backup, that's great. I Mean you're judged what you do when you're out there, right, so rather your back up or starter kicker doesn't matter. Like whatever you put on tape is on tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But yeah, like this offseason was tough a little bit, just like gathering all those thoughts and trying to stay locked in on that's like all extra noise, but it is out there and you're gonna get questions about it every you know event you go to shit like that.
Speaker 1: So it's like you're in such a cool potes. Like before it was like guy gets drapped in the first round, it doesn't pan out in the first sure of years. He gets labeled one way and then so you just kind of don't get about the guy anymore. But with Sam and Lincoln, all these guys that are kind of having this resurgence in the career, it's awesome and it's like logical brains go to like, oh, you're the next cat that's gonna get Yeah, no, I did not become the dude exactly, and I hopefully will.
Speaker 9: Get that that chance. And like Sam definitely did it the right way. Like he has such a cool story. I don't know him that well, have some like mutuals and stuff, but he's like same thing, like seeing goes like all the stuff that I went through, Like so he knows and then he goes and win to the Super Bowl, Like how cool is that? I just like hang your nuts on everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's like, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 9: Now like I'm back, so I feel like I can get there and I still have a lot a lot to do and a lot a lot more like I want to stack a couple of good years and I feel like I'm still twenty seven. I have some good scars and bad scars, but I know I can play. But I do want to get that chance again, like to run a team and like be the guy that's like, hell, yeah, I'm in the meeting, like I can say. I still speak up sometimes, but it's like, hey, guys, like this is how I want this route. Run like square it off at the top and come downhill like we're not doing the ship where we're drifting, you know.
Speaker 8: Yea, be that guy, you know.
Speaker 9: And it's hard when it's like Brox team and or any backup. I'm sure they deal with that. But if you can get that chance again, I feel like I can really elevate people around me. And whether that comes, you know, soon or later never, like I know I'm going to be ready for it, so I hope it does happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's you're in a good spot too because you have such a good organization.
Speaker 1: That's the other part.
Speaker 3: And they know you know. Hopefully it's like two things happen, right, Like they either use your value to trade you and get something else, or you play out this year and you'll be in free agency to where you can be selective about for sure the situation you want to go into.
Speaker 9: Yeah h yeah, like yeah yeah, Like like with the the league thing too, Like I feel like I've played a lot of football as well, and some guys it's hard that you think you have something. The guys only play a couple of games, you know, you don't really know. But like I I want to stack some more good That's what I'm saying. You were saying with like more good years so you can prove that. But I mean I've played like started like almost sixty games, I think, so it's like I have the experience. It's not like it's my first go round. Yeah, which is frustrating. It's like, dude, I've done this a lot for like a backup, you know, yeah, and I know I can be a starter.
Speaker 1: So the Molite thing is so fascinating because he got judged with the Titans when I was there, Yeah, no joke, it was like it was bad. Yeah, he didn't know the place he didn't know the checks. Like, it's just amazing to see what happens to quarterbacks when they're in offenses that develop and teach them. And he was to the Packers.
Speaker 9: It's like he changed into a completely different player for sure. And I think it's you're right, it's proving that like that that can happen. I feel like the old guys would be like, if you sucked early on, you're done type thing.
Speaker 10: Right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's like if the guy, if you like the guy, he can play, is a good arm for a leak, he could run and make plays, like, give him a chance and see it, see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like with Caleb and Chicago too, and Johnson comes over and you kind of see the learning curve and growing pains. But the dudes clearly got insane ability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that that's Miami us. There is a little tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a little bit. But hey, you got you know, you gotta baga. How you turn that down? How you turn that back? Yeah? Yeah, back told me to go to Cleveland fucking for that money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Cleveland's paying like fifteen quarterbacks right now. You want to go to Miami, you want be in that weather, isn't.
Speaker 3: It it like being with the Niners. Isn't it fascinating to see the level just the differences in the way organizations and cultures are ran Like coming from Bama, you came from a well operating machine in Alabama. You go to the Patriots. You got the Patriot where you're learning from the best. You also go to Jacksonville, but you see all the discrepancies. I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm saying pristine, Patriots pristine. Then you go to Jacksonville, all go yeah, well even with some of the course the gaps that happened in New England, like it can still happen to the best of the organizations. Is if the communication and everything is not there for sure, then you get to go to you get to go to San Fran and everything we always hear with San Fran is just how well the organizations run to where you're like, this is how an NFL team should be op.
Speaker 9: Like I only knew like high school went to the same high school all four years, like college, went to the same college, and then Patriots was trying to learn that. So I only knew like three ways really, but then I was like, let me check this out over here on the west side, go over to Kyle and see it's up because I heard about it, And what a better way to do it than like be a back up and learn from the bottom up. And it's helped me a lot. Like everything's good, the food's amazing, EQ guys are awesome. Like I'm friends with everybody in the whole organization. Like people hang out outside of football. It's just a totally different even than Alabama or like yeah with the Patriots, Like you know, it's not we weren't really doing that obviously, the guys hang out, but like everyone's just a family and that's so cool, and I think it helps our team and like even being here for George like tied a new stuff, Like it really helps our team like bonding and you know, it's like the best teams are all you got to be brothers, you know. So I feel like our entire organization is like that. So that that's something that I'm not going to take for granted. And being there for if I'm there for next year, five years or no more years, like that place is awesome and you have to like be grateful for what it is because it's a great organization.
Speaker 1: I love that you broughtup the EQ guys because those are like the best yet the unsung heroes of every locker room, because it's always so great to go back there and they're always talking about the dumbest ship they have. Every EQ room has like a collage wall of every photos they've decided, like your pants down one or whatever. It's like they're the best guys in the world and they just work more hours than anybody else.
Speaker 9: That's insane. Yeah, Yeah, we got Jay Birds like our head guy and then Memo and Doc and gil Be. Like these guys are like and they'll come to like our Christmas parties and stuff. They don't drink more beer than anybody, love.
Speaker 1: To get after they get after you on the plane on the way back, they're sloshed.
Speaker 3: Over this kind of celebrating than you.
Speaker 9: And like I'll go in there with my shirt off, like and just like hang out with these guys like my bellies out, Like they love it.
Speaker 2: They love the whole.
Speaker 9: Like they just they have this table right there that they're sitting on, but like I have a chair and I just go sit down probably like twice a.
Speaker 1: Day in there.
Speaker 9: I'll go in there for like fifteen twenty minutes just hang out. There's a TV. We'll watch soccer, FIFA whatever, and it's like this, like we just talk shop. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't know and those dudes grind dude you talk about everybody knows about the hours coaches have to put in but to eat the equipment.
Speaker 9: Guys to the video guys like yeah, video guys to the same thing, like we have throughout the night, the earliest, the latest, doing laundry.
Speaker 3: They do all the work.
Speaker 9: Football is like, I like, my football is like a very certain way, like Memo guy, Like he does it to a t like I pick him out and he brushes them and puts all the ship on there and like he works his ass off like he must be there all day.
Speaker 1: What do you like about your ball? It's so different a certain way. Yeah, yeah, delighted.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was like and I was like, why are they so squishy? But yeah, so like I like the this is gonna sound bad too, like skinnier like some balls are like fat, yeah, like the petite.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So like I'm very sick about that in the mud that they put on there. Oh, you can't put too much and then they put this like lex Au stuff where it's like makes it a little sticky, but you put too much then it gets slippery. So there's a fine line of like learning about this throughout the years. And I'm very specific Brock doesn't really care, and like I'll go back there and kind of like make sure that we have the right ship in there, because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, we can't just leave this up to guessing, like this is specifically ship science.
Speaker 9: Our EQ guys are scientists, Like yeah, yeah, but no, you're right, And that's an under appreciated thing about every organization. And I wish there was, like you guys should have like an EQ staff on here one time, because it's like an underappreciated part of the game. Like they have so many good stories. Like Jay Bird, our head guys in Washington, Like he has crazy good stories.
Speaker 1: Oh I bet he's had some crazy stories being from Washington. Exactly. Bring up Jay Bird. Yeah, another person that will know maybe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's been there for minutes. He's like one of Kyle's guys and Kyle's dads there. But anyway, when the video guys, same thing, like they have a room and I always stop by and see them. It's just different in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: You gotta check in on those boys men because everyone it just seems like you have to have a chance, like zoom out a little bit. Those guys are the best at like getting like grounded like that. The video guys are always talking about some weird shit going on. Equipment guys are just a bunch of bros hanging out. Yes, Like the training staff and the coaching staff, they're all like, we're focused on ball right right right boys healthy watching the film, it's almost like, for a second.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you have your like football friends obviously, but it's like a nice unplugging when you're going to these the EQ or the training Like you have like an EQ week where we just celebrate the equipment staff. You have a five minute with like ten different.
Speaker 3: Several graphics go throughout the day on social.
Speaker 9: With one good story yeah get out, yeah yeah, one good story and rip, we'll put you in a black silhouette.
Speaker 1: Dude, we'll change your voice a little bit. You just tell us the story, best story you got yeah, yeah, I bet you got some nuts ones dude. Yeah, so especially like uh not the security guards, but like the cops that are always around. I don't know if you guys have those. We had Jeff Johnson who was like age hop but he wasn't really a cop, but he actually was a cop. And he's like got the craziest stories. Yeah, and I'm not going to put Jeb on blast right now, So if you were to come in here and tell some stories.
Speaker 9: Like I'm sure all time. Yeah, who was like the the good one for you guys? Who was like the most wild teammate each of you guys had, like like you know what I'm talking about, you guys like missing every you know, like missing a going parties all that.
Speaker 1: Who the wildest team I ever had was Isaiah Wilson. Yeah, he was twenty twenty Georgia in first round picks teammate too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was crazy, dude.
Speaker 1: He was a He would fall asleep in meetings, really, he would fall a sleep and meetings and their office the line coach, this kid like this is in my hair. Remember, dude was a specimen shoulders like this. He was like the same size waist as me, giant legs, nimble, like had all the tools to be like another Trent Williams. He had that type of ability.
Speaker 5: Biggest bust in Titans history.
Speaker 1: So that's Jack. He is he he is, And I just remember being around this catchude. He would fall asleep anywhere. He would go out late at night. He'd come and smelling like booze. And the weird thing is his retention was incredible, Like he was sleeping meetings and then like our coach will wake come up and be like, hey, nineteen Zoro, what do you have? He'd be like double to the mike and like left all like how the fuck did he?
Speaker 9: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh my god. I'd be like there taking notes like eight years in, being like I gotta figure all this ship out. He just like knew it right away. And it's such a bummer because he was he had all the fucking tools.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: He really not arrested for drag racing in Nashville.
Speaker 9: I remember, I remember this guy.
Speaker 1: He he was a first round pick. What year was after twenty twenty? Yeah, so twenty one was his first first season or second season, I don't know. Yeah, but after his first cut his contracts null and void. When he was having a bunch of issues, I was like, share your location with me. On your phone, and so he shared it with me, and for like two three years after that, I still had his location at times. Joke, he'd be like on like a little island next to Miami or something. Then he'd be like over and he was traveling all over the place. He got savvy. Eventually location, you got that dough, he got sad. He got savvy on me. Figure out that's sleepy panda under his eyes?
Speaker 9: Yeah, became like was he like he had potential though?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah he was. I mean yeah, you saw him in personally. Yeah, when we were he was a nice guy too. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: When we were boost you see the kids, you'd see his band and everything else being you know, this dude is a freaking.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 9: Same thing? Would that be your same answer? You can't have the I mean even college. Somebody give me some wild card. Oh wow, card callege, you got to go next. You already know who you're too.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I mean most yeah, it probably be like, uh, Damian Stafford. That's another Really, Damien was like he was a baller, like he was still a beast. He's just like a wild boy, like he fucking hit the funk out of our teammates in practice to where in college the coaches will put like new like news articles of NFL guys getting fine for hitting teammates in practice, try and get him to stop taking heads off in practice. Really, he fought over a bag of chips from Jimmy John's Salt and vinegar, got his teeth knocked out. It was crazy. They already snuck me. I'm like Jesus Christ, what we do we do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure Staff's in jail now, right, he's in prison.
Speaker 3: He might be out.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He was a he was a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he tried to fight the Landy Walker, sweet Prince.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the and he's cool, dude, you know what, I don't think nothing beats the stories though that we've heard about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, but that wasn't our teammates, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah the murderer like.
Speaker 1: And like and cranking it in position yeah yeah yeah yeah, that's a good point story where branking it in a position meeting.
Speaker 9: That was another cool thing about the Patriots, Like I got just cranking anywhere.
Speaker 3: They said he get up working out in the weight room.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so like what Yeah, I think these are true because like the folklore trout. You know, Bill would tell some good stories, o Bi. Bill O'Brien had some good stories about Hernandez, but like, yeah, there's some really weird true ones. I didn't obviously know him at all, but just sounded crazy. But his film, Dude, was unbelievable because it was Josh McDaniels would show his film all the time because we had Hunter, Henry and John who I think DYA had Gronk and Hernandez at one point and they were trying to just like the two tight end sets. Like that dude would catch the ball and like he looked like you're running back when he got the ball. And as a rookie, I'm like, dude, that that guy's like the best player I've ever seen on film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he was a monster.
Speaker 9: Yeah, But like they would tell us the stories. I think Obi's told us before. But Bill O'Brien, but like one time he was in his office and like they had meetings, everyone went to bed whatever, it's like fall camp, and like he didn't have a lot of targets Hernandoz. And then the next morning, like on Obi's whiteboard was like throw the ball to Hernandez, like written like one hundred and fifty times, and I guess like he went in there and rid it, wrote it or ridd it. He wrote it on the wall and was like, throw me the ball like and put it like a hundred times. And Bill O'Brien was like, I'm throwing that guy the ball, yeah, and I was like, you should.
Speaker 8: Have done that.
Speaker 9: Anyways, the guy's unbelievable. But it was a sad, sad situation. But I obviously don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, still I mean held the ballplayer. Yeah, and anybody who was too much, they'd be gone really quickly. It's like guys like when you come in for walk through on Saturdays. I know of a couple of guys that are like special teams guys. This one that was a dB, I forget his name, but he'd be he'd be hammered and then just go to the facility on Friday night or Saturday morning and sleep there until we had meetings on Saturday. But then he was gone within a few weeks because obviously, you know, you can't like live that life as like a special team. Yeah, you know, you're in your rookie contract. Guys were getting what you want.
Speaker 3: Went off on us once because he found out guys were like getting extra hotel rooms so they could go and smoke in them, and like stuff stuffed towels underneath the the cracks.
Speaker 1: Of the door and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a lot of loopholes and weird Yeah, like people figure.
Speaker 3: D Jack Deshaun Jackson. He like we were in London and he basically canceled curfew because he said he just wouldn't be back. But he's such a beast like some guys you're just set like I'm not gonna be at curfew tonight, and coaches like all right, it's over. Yeah. It was like there were some going around the players because we were out of dinner and stuff, like I'm hearing that they're they're theres no curfew tonight because the Jack said he wasn't gonna be there's no way, no ship. I can't break the rules if there isn't one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey, fellows, but you all know it's because yeah, on the field, yeah, just just running by just a monster.
Speaker 3: He'd come in. It's like he'd be like not like a training room guy, like he'd be injured, but he'd have something to doesn't practice and then the Ferrari goes out on Sunday, he just falls.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a lot of I think there's more people like that than people would probably realize in the league, Like no doubt, just go out there and just put your cleats on him, go play, which is crazy. I could never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I could like that guy.
Speaker 1: It wasn't I needed to practice, But I always see the dude that wouldn't pic be Like god, that'd be so fucking nice to be dude, they could just strap it up on Sundays. Trent was like that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he probably still doesn't say, but he was like that dude, Like, but he's a monster. It's like he was practice, he played, and Green would have a clip up for a highlight the next week him fucking running side by side of the receiver from a screenplay.
Speaker 9: Dude, dude, yeah, oh my god, he's unbelievable and like he he doesn't train, but like he knows where he's at. I've only known him for this past year, like obviously watched his tape. Like he knows where he's at in his career and he'd probably been there where. It's like you know what you need to do to be ready on something. Yeah, and that dude is ready to play every time. And he pulled one time last year we ran like a whatever crack or something and it was in practice and you could see it on film, like he was faster than Christian McCaffrey, like running out and I was like, and me and Kyle kind of like saw it on film and I was like, do you see this? Like Trent Williams is running like literally twenty miles per hour on like a Thursday practice and then he goes out there. But he's a baller dude. I love Trent and he's the best. Hang like you Cabo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey we heard rumors that you were MVP in Cabo.
Speaker 9: Oh really good rumors.
Speaker 1: Oh MVP.
Speaker 3: He come out MVP OFO.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's good sh going on. Yeah, thanks KB or that one yea. KB also put me on his TikTok. We had a lot. That one's cool.
Speaker 1: What is this one?
Speaker 2: So this one of our.
Speaker 9: Like he's just like a really cool rich guy hiseter But anyways, Dieter like has a great house there and he's an awesome dude and he has this gong. This is the camp but he has this like gong at his house and you take like an ice shot and you throw it at the gong, and like, I guess that's like how you start the party or whatever. So like someone has to hit it. And they were like everybody went, you know, no one was hidden. And then I step up there. I wasn't gonna throw at all because I was just chilling, like kind of wanted to rip my arm out or anything. But I was like, all right, I'll do it. So I grabbed it, and Georgia of course is like go up there, now, like do it. So I just grabbed it. I had to feel it. That's why I toss it up in the air, like what am I throwing here? And I just ripped it and hit the gong like first try, and the whole party is just like god, like feel away and then I just send it right in the middle, and then.
Speaker 2: That's so so good.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: You might have to be top ten guys to party with. You might be top five.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 9: I like to have a good time. But it's funny because like during the year, I'm like a completely different I don't drink during the year really, and like don't do any of that but yeah, like I do like to have fun, and that to me is the best team bonding. Right there, you're on the golf course with like great guys that are either friends of George or whatever, like Christian all those guys. KB was there, Like you're hanging out just having a good time. That's what it's all about, especially in the off season, and is the best. They love it, like this is awesome too. That's a good dude right there, Malick and I like, what a good group of guys.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 9: That's part of the culture thing that you guys were talking about in the organization, like they encourage us to be friends with each other, which is great in some places aren't like that.
Speaker 3: Kase Shanan too, Did he still have the parties at the end of training camp?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 9: I was like so hype for that because that's my last go around, you know, like before the season. I'm locked in.
Speaker 3: So it's like he had all the boys, even coaches, like everybody's having a great time.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, they cut it loose. This past year was like the Derby. It was a Derby theme, so you can dressed up like Kentucky Derby. So I had like a dope ass like hat on. Everyone's wearing the same shit kind of like different at the same time. Yeah, but you know, like everyone has their own flavor to it. Yeah, it's like, yeah, he had like all these people come perform and stuff the year before. But yeah, Kyle is the man, like he has this over to his house, so like, yeah, he puts a lot of money. He put a lot of money into that part. He was like, yeah, his dad would do too, Like my rookie year, it was Hawaiian theme. Yeah, it was kind of like casino night Hawaiian theme. Everybody's having a great time. There's like gifts that you can wear, Like you get chips, you trade them in, you get gifts guys Like I was a practice squad guy, so I'm trying to get whether it's tickets whatever, I can sell it and get some extra cash.
Speaker 3: But I'm playing I'm poking entrepreneurs. Yeah, I'm poking.
Speaker 1: Smart College would have the pay per view UFC fights at his house. Have an entry fee to get into this house.
Speaker 2: Five dollars ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's how Yeah, but on that like, I'm pokering hard and I'm doing a solid job, but fucking.
Speaker 2: It's like a team a team party and there sweating like.
Speaker 9: You can't.
Speaker 3: Like the ogs, like the Vets, like Trent Williams, Brian a Ragpo, They're like stacking the deck, taking chips and stuff. And I'm like, man, I'm fucking working my ass off of these gifts, and you guys are just using your status to kind of get over top on me. They'regging you, yeah, mogging me big time. Trent wins the first prize, I'm like.
Speaker 9: That's.
Speaker 3: You got everything.
Speaker 9: Or whatever he's got.
Speaker 3: He tries like a different car every week, is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't get off track. He hasn't told us who his the craziest teammate. He's a brat. Oh yeah right, so it's it's easy for me. I was this guy, Tony Brown. I don't know if you guys know him, look him up on there. His name's Crazy Tony. But he's like he was a stud of Alabama. He played on that defense with like Dron Payin, like all those guys, Minka everybody. He played in the league for a little bit, but he was the man like scout team Me and him every day like going at it like pretty much fighting like he would. He was just crazy dude, Like and he would go I'd throw a dig raw over the middle and he would just crush our scout team receiver like mac Hereford's actually these guys know him shot out here, but like he would go over the middle and crazy Tony would just crush him.
Speaker 9: And like saving would just look the other way. I'm like, dude, he just got smoked, Like what are we doing. It's like same thing fighting practice and stuff. But he was a great teammate. And I think he was a terrible teammate. No, no, no, like he was, but he just had his thing on the field where it was like he just blacked out. It wasn't because he was a bad guy or anything. He just that's what he does.
Speaker 1: He he goes and knocks people out. Yeah, I respect it.
Speaker 9: But like the field was cool, Like would make jokes with everybody.
Speaker 3: You're talking about teammates like that. It's and Sue. We had a scrimmage one time and one of the old linemen, one of the guards held him Ricky Henry Ricky Henry, and Ricky was a Ricky was a stud, like your state champion wrestler. Like somebody didn't want to fuck with I guess Ricky held him a little bit, but Sue walked up and fucking palm smokes him back of the head. Ricky just drops. But like you're saying about saving kind of turned the head. Coaches, nobody saying. Nobody says anything to Sue. Yeah, move it up, to move it up, and we're thinking, like coach bo, anybody who fights or anything like that, he hasn't running, but not you know, Sue fucking knocks a guy out and we just move it up to like just keep it going, and nobody says a word to Sue back of their head shot. Oh yeah, but like, yeah, Sue is just he's been on the bus, like he he's got the oar.
Speaker 1: You just don't like it's just yeah, but yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: In the school yard also a good dude. You're never going to check him because he stays on top of his ship and he's just yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that.
Speaker 9: Like crazy Tony was like off the field, I feel like, you like really loved football and he was like I don't know if he was late or stuffing, and Saban loved him, so I guess he wasn't like that type of guy. But yeah, like on the field. He was just a monster.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's crazy, like mouthing off of people. Yeah, but you need a guy like that. Oh yeah, you gotta have one guy like that and then four you know, guys help me up. But he was a good player. So yeah, dude, we uh will thought of a new segment to have on the bus. Oh yeah, picture in a story, Picture in a story. And this is our first photo.
Speaker 3: Rams let this man walk into their building without wide receiver one, wide receiver two, wide receiver three, and tight end one and Rams went home with an l. You have a good story behind this meme, this photo, that game.
Speaker 9: So this is two separate occasions. So yeah, for sure that's Bama. Yeah, but it's it's it matches the vibe for sure. Peopel like that's the RAMS thing is great. And then I think they're just saying, like look at my body type deal because yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Talk about all these workouts too, did it just never like I was eight?
Speaker 9: You know, sh it doesn't work? Yeah, still got it doesn't know but that that photos after Tennessee when we beat Tennessee every year we smoke a cigar.
Speaker 1: We said when we beat when we beat Tennessee said it so confidently.
Speaker 9: So anyways, this is my last year when I smoked one. But I don't really smoke cigars because the first time I did it, me and Damian Harris is one of my good buddies in college running back played in the league for a little bit. Yeah, he was a good, good player. Anyways, so like we we beat it. I was like a freshman that year we went to the Natty. We beat him. So I started smoking a cigar and I never really smoked one before, so I started inhaling it. I didn't know you were supposed to like yeah, puffet or whatever, and dude, I was so messed up. I was like, I'm smoking cigars for the rest of my deal.
Speaker 1: Haven't had one sense.
Speaker 9: No, I've had a cigar sence. Okay, I learn how to do it, but I'm not digg into it and I get real dizzy and stuff. So I'm not a big like nicotine guy. Sorry, but I get the hype around it, like I get why people like cigars in the taste.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was like, yeah, rip them on the golf course with the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we hope you're.
Speaker 3: Enjoying this tight end.
Speaker 5: You interview.
Speaker 3: We brought our first Team All.
Speaker 1: Pro with us Kevin's Natural Foods.
Speaker 3: The reason why they get the first team All Pro nod go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, break it down, Convenience ready in five minutes.
Speaker 3: Nutrition act with protein, clean ingredients, no junk food.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and the Taste Buddy tell.
Speaker 3: Them first Team All Pro. Not even a conversation, not even close. Wherever busting goes, our first Team All Pro comes with us Kevin's Natural Foods.
Speaker 1: Not even a conversation.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: This fan question comes from a Christian buck underscore. What are the differences between Saban coaching and the NFL coaching as in toughness or on mistakes or being late and stuff?
Speaker 2: Wait, go back to that questions and stuff.
Speaker 9: I'd say Saban. Yeah, I guess Saban was real strict, but like it like it's just the standard was there, Like you knew you're not gonna be late. You're almost like scared of them, you know late None. Yeah, never was. We used to get points, like bad points for being late to class. I don't think I ever got a point. I was a good boy, filled with no bad points and all the in the world, I was like just trying to make it man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Saban was like he's cooler than what you would think. But it's just college guys. You can control them a little bit more like NFL guys, you know how it is like, yeah, the coach, depending on who your coaches, they kind of just NFL's the.
Speaker 3: First time where you see vets like not touch the line and conditioning.
Speaker 1: Right's going on?
Speaker 9: Yeah, dude, exactly a.
Speaker 1: Thing, I guess.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: Literally, So what's something that like the.
Speaker 1: People that aren't in the Alabama facility or the media get wrong about Nick Saban?
Speaker 9: I'd say, like, yeah, he's a he's a personal guy. Like I don't know if some people probably I think they're just intimidated by his like aura or whatever, like, but he's you could go play golf with them, like hang out. I don't know. He's just way cooler than what people think. And he has good jokes like can control the room, but keep it light. Loves Miss Terry. Miss Terry is awesome. It's like he always would bring it back to Miss Terry, like when we would be like getting in trouble with girls and stuff, He's like Miss Terry, whooped my ass? Like you know, like this ship you guys are doing. So anyways, she's she's the best, and their family is awesome and did a lot of like they have a great foundation, NIX Kids Foundation. So they just they've left their impact, like saving as the man.
Speaker 3: So is it we were getting a tour at Alabama's facilities yea a couple of years ago. Is it true that Saban when he enters the team meeting room there's like the door w music, Like he gets like music coming out to the floor.
Speaker 9: Oh no, Kyle does that, Shannan like he has like rap music playing or like, but no, he doesn't have Saban doesn't have like entrance music, not really, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Maybe it came later, but like it was quiet.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but he knows it's Sparewell tour. Yeah, like yeah, exactly, that's gonna.
Speaker 9: Be like we would all be in there, like you know how it is. You're talking to your boys like spinning seeds whatever, and like right when you heard that door, you kind of knew all the coaches were in there. That's second the door open, like complete quiet, Like he didn't even get up on stage yet. You just started walking. And he always spit like his red man shooting tobacco and his cup and then he'd like, but it was dead quiet without doing anything.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, Redman is now named America's Best.
Speaker 9: Oh sorry, switch name, gotcha, Bill Compton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Billy was breaking down during the Dad Combine last week. He was pissed he couldn't find Red Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all exactly found at the Dad Combine. That's actually rebranded.
Speaker 3: No, he already knew that he was going to find chewing tobacco before he went to the Dad Combine, and then he was pissed because he didn't have chewing tobacco. And then when he's he's breaking down to your dad, your dad's like, oh, you couldn't find anything. He's like, we're in National Tennessee. I can't find any fucking chew. He's like, what do you chew? He's like, red Man, Well, somebody got mad. So now they call it America's Best. Interesting. That's in the log the Dad Combine. Go check it out.
Speaker 1: I gave Bill one of my Lucy's. He's like, because he was you could tell he was tweaking. I'm like, I've been there before without my nicotine.
Speaker 3: You saw it happened. He was a no shoulder in the trash.
Speaker 1: Really, I was like, do you want one of these? Like, oh, Phoenix, and I'm like, I was just pure nicotine. Just put in your lip. He put in there. Twenty minutes. He was like, I get a couple more of them, and then two more twenty minutes. There a few more grabs four this time. Finally the last time I was getting Mechanic said no, you can just have one. He's like, you mean it, that's all?
Speaker 2: You go ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, feeding man feening.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I get like, I don't know, I don't really do those, but I get the hyper around all of it. But I guess he saving would do it to just keep him awake and stuff.
Speaker 3: But what is your vice?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 9: I don't know. I mean I like to have a good time slaying it, slinging the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like slay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just I don't know, like off the field and stuff, just whatever whatever is going on.
Speaker 1: I like to be there and hanging out with the boys.
Speaker 3: It's like, why not his vices phone tell you what.
Speaker 9: To be hanging out And yeah, I don't know, I think it's fun this, yes, Slade the teammates, Yeah, yeah, ask U Jones I just score ten.
Speaker 1: Who is who his all time favorite wide receiver to throw to?
Speaker 9: Slade? This is my guy though, like Slade grinder, Like when I got to Alabama, he was a year younger than me, but we would go out and throw in the indoor like Saturday nights. I like didn't want to party as much like towards. Like you know, I had a fun time early on, but I was trying to lock in a little bit more so, Like my dad was like, well, Ship, why don't you just go throw with like in those guys. So Slave would always be there, would be like me, DeVante Smith Andry Ruggs, Slade, Metchi, all those guys. But Slave was always there. Matt Hereford was always there like these guys. He's a grinder, so like I appreciate people like that. And he's still one of my best friends. And he was a good player, Like he was a slot receiver, a short, little white guy. You know, it's like he played a little bit in the league and yeah, exactly athletic. Yeah, but like he's a great dude. So yeah, Slade, for sure, who'd be number two? Probably DeVante Smith? Yeah, yeah, he's pretty good. So yeah, Smithy was the man, same thing, like he grinded with us, like we put a lot of hours in together.
Speaker 1: So yeah, respect, Is there a piece of you that thinks you should have won the Heisman Trophy instead of him?
Speaker 9: Sometimes quarterback? Yeah, but like I was so happy for him. He deserved it. I just like Wattle got hurt. So I guess thanks Waddle for splitting, because he could have I could have split the targets, you know, and then I would have won the Heisman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: No, it sounds like Trevor but Smitty like he bought that year and we really weren't like designing play We were designing plays going to them, but not every time, but it looked like every play was going to them. And Sark like Sarkisian dial that ship up.
Speaker 3: So like we with Texas this year.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I haven't been studying college football as much recently, haven't watching it. Yeah, Like, I don't know, but I love Sark. He's a good, good coach. Like their offense will put up points. It's just I don't know what their situation is over there. Who's I guess Manning right is a quarterback. He'll he'll be better this year, for sure, like in that system. It takes a minute to learn it's actually the same system that we run in San Francisco. And then they got the receiver from Auburn. Right, Oh, yeah, I've heard about that kid. Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 3: Good, hang too.
Speaker 9: I wonder what they're is their schedule out yet? Do they play anybody good in the first game?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 9: I remember last year they had yeah, last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think they're doing they're doing one for one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, home at home.
Speaker 1: Oh it's week two, week two.
Speaker 9: Okay, that was tough. They started out with the loss right against State. It's like, I don't know. Yeah, I haven't really kept it, you know, like the older you get, you don't have any teammates on the team. It's weird removed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll start a podcast on the bus and then college your entire life.
Speaker 2: I love college. We don't get me wrong.
Speaker 9: I'm watching that ship and I want to get more into it. But yeah, I guess like as you get more removed, Yeah, your priorities are straight right now, Yeah, exactly exactly where they It's like, yeah, you're for Bama, but yeah, like I will say, like, do you think Bama's ever gonna make it back. Shoot, we'll see I wouldn't mind being the last champion quarterback.
Speaker 3: For marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for marketing, just like it's the last guy that wanted.
Speaker 3: Did you ever how about this? Did you ever hear don't say names. Did you ever hear of a pre n il nil deal at Alabama? Yeah, a little bit. I'm gonna plead the fifth.
Speaker 1: Job. Yeah I heard about that, but I plead the fifth No.
Speaker 9: I don't think like it was as much as people think or whatever, Like it wasn't. I think the cell was saving, like saving, didn't pay me shit, but he gave me. He got me like my first contract, Like that's what it was all about.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now it's still yeah, of course, but like now it's that's why I talked to some of these kids about it. They'll ask me. I'm like, dude, one hundred grand now or ten mil later, like lock in, don't worry about the other ship and go these dudes.
Speaker 3: To get one.
Speaker 9: This is like a couple of years, like the beginning of it. Yeah, but now it's like the opposite. It's like stay there as long as you can and I'll go back.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 9: Someone signed me. I actually had two more. I think because of COVID, so I could have still been there, like after my rookie year, still had another year, so I could have been like in college for like six years or something.
Speaker 3: So you still have eligibility. Yeah, I got eligibility. Now you get done plane you should try Why not.
Speaker 9: That anyways, just put pro guys back in college. Some people are making way more than I'm making right now. That's crazy, but I think it's I don't know, I don't know how real. Some of those deals are like like you know, like it's like, oh, he signed this, but there's a lot of deliverables and it can fall through and what if you transfer. I don't know enough about it. Yeah, people are getting sued now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think sabans like he went up to like Congress or whatever and is trying to like get it all figured out whatever you like, figured out the ruling on it. So I don't know, but I don't think the Alabama thing, like paying players was as big as a thing.
Speaker 3: Said yeah, but we had coach on he was a great time.
Speaker 9: Did he say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like used to go through the back door, now you can walk to the front door.
Speaker 2: He seems like the man.
Speaker 1: He is. He's full of stories, really dude. He would talk for hours.
Speaker 9: I can see that.
Speaker 8: Can you understand what?
Speaker 3: Just any story? You could ask him his favorite cereal and he'll have an incredible story about Captain.
Speaker 1: Crotch and it shows why he's watch Yeah, bro, he was all time donut.
Speaker 3: He said bye to us walk down. We realized there's no car at their former Like, where the hell is he going?
Speaker 9: That's insane thing. He seems like the man. Honestly, he is probably really good.
Speaker 1: Hang hit BQ, be my guest. All right, the hardest hitting question of the day.
Speaker 9: Oh god, Mac.
Speaker 1: We know that anybody would do anything for an ice cold bud light. What is something that Mac Jones would do anything for?
Speaker 9: I can't say family.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: What would I do anything for.
Speaker 5: Something?
Speaker 9: Answers people wrong? Range, Okay, I see said yeah, yeah, come out after Coulson.
Speaker 8: Maybe yeah, I guess who knows.
Speaker 3: Somebody said that they tongue They said they tongue kissed me for a super Bowl. Wow.
Speaker 9: Oh so the next part is me, what would you do to get that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If you have an answer like winning super Bowl, because there's been a lot of people say Natty or super Bowl.
Speaker 9: That'd be said. Brock said, just what about did anybody go like to add like fifty years onder your life some shit like that.
Speaker 2: No, oh no, I don't feel like that.
Speaker 9: We're getting into another leftl Yes, that's why I asked. Yeah, yeah, Like, what would you do to add one hundred years on your life or would you do any of that?
Speaker 3: You would do anything that one hundred years on your life?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 3: Healthy years? Healthy?
Speaker 1: Good, solid years?
Speaker 3: I don't know, actually, like do you want to be like somebody you know, you just want to be the last one standing for.
Speaker 9: The you get to see like your grand You're great, great, great, you know what I'm saying, like the next true.
Speaker 3: But are they going to give a shit about you? Like, how what's your relationship with your great grandpa?
Speaker 9: My grandpa is one hundred and ninety's the last Alabama quarterback to see. I can just I can just profit off of that for the next two hundred years.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I guess I'd probably just say win a super Bowl. It's school.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: That'd be sick. Yeah, like you do anything? Probably not. What's the next part of this.
Speaker 1: Line of how far it would be to win a super Bowl, the more.
Speaker 3: Guys that still have like middle school brains, so we just say the craziest.
Speaker 9: Yeah, probably super Bowl. I don't know if my threshold would be high as high as you guys think though, Like what.
Speaker 2: I would do to do it?
Speaker 9: Like what if some people said that they would give for that to win a super Bowl?
Speaker 1: They would cut it off?
Speaker 9: Yea, that'd be one probably.
Speaker 1: Not dude said when one guy said he would French kiss really, yeah you did say that. Yeah, two guys that actually said they kiss you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as long as.
Speaker 9: They get a ring too, you get a ring to Oh you're you're on the side, bet, I guess.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I need something. Am I going to be the vessel?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You get to be a part of it, You get to be a part of their journey.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't know what I would give up. That's a good question. I really don't.
Speaker 1: If you can any superpower, what would it be?
Speaker 9: God, that's another one. It's kind of crazy. It's not really a superpower, but like speak every language would be sick because you could, like you know, that's off brands superpower. But yeah, I guess like being invisible would be kind of sick. Like no, like you could learn and hear things about people. You would know everything before it happened because you're in the room.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think you have a lot of room to get in trouble invisible.
Speaker 9: I don't know, like stuff where you can gain knowledge on people, like learning languages. If you knew every language, you can communicate with everybody and make more money. Do this than that, you know what I'm saying, That'd be kind of sick.
Speaker 3: Is touch any book and you just retain them, That'll be sick.
Speaker 9: I guess that's a cool one.
Speaker 3: Taylor's got a nice one is do you know exactly how to kind of put boundaries on it? Because we were trying to.
Speaker 2: Yeah we were.
Speaker 1: We had a full, like not high but super high conversation about with Jared one day. But Dude, to me, this is the best superpower you can possibly have, and it's to be able to manipulate time. So you go through something like you're you're in a game, you throw a pick, like you can rewind four seconds. Okay, exactly what coverage this is? We can do this over and over and over again, Like if I'm tired right now, I can really pause this entire podcast, go take a nap, come back. You say something dumb.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, over and.
Speaker 1: Over and over again to where like you just get it right. I imagine myself you.
Speaker 3: Kind of, can't you. Yeah, he's he's trying to structure.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about I'm talking about legit superpower, Like there is no kryptonite to this. Jack. Could you imagine us being in Vegas at the Baker table and be like, all right, forty on Banker and you get it and the player gets a natural nine rewind forty on player bank Yeah money.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's honestly is that fun?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 9: That is like you lose, right, and then you want to go back and like play again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Here's here's the or you do sometimes and not the others, So you gotta lose something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Otherwise that took place a sports that missed I missed the bar, So you got to lose some where you don't learn always wine, you just win. Just w We were at E Sports and Jared when against a sixteen year old kid in a one on one and got it did not go well for Jared gona be respectful, But if he had the power to manipulate time. The argument is, could Jared Beman back left? Could he play a professional sport? And the answer could be yes.
Speaker 2: Me and Taylor saying, if you can rewind over and over again, you have a video, we don't have to pull it up. Fire me up, I'll see this guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The argument is, as as he pulls up the video, every millimeter of the play, if I could just keep redoing it, redo it, redo it, redo it, see what the guy is doing, could I eventually like get past a like I don't even know, like a bunch of dudes on the field.
Speaker 1: Like if you were running back, sure, running back, or if there's why receive you get.
Speaker 9: Smoked every time?
Speaker 2: To you just rewind and do it again, they'd also react differently, right, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You would have to push it to the level of figuring out what the edge would be in that particular moment. But I'm saying for him, you to be on a professional field, you still have to go through college. You'd have to make it. You have to make the team. And I'm like, I'm like Alabama, bro, Yeah, it was it was Alabama that I could beat Alabama, And like, there's just no way like just your gene pool no disrespect to Jerrybid like it.
Speaker 9: Just you were coaching and that and you had that, you'd be unbelievable, right yeah, because you.
Speaker 1: Had the athletic capability. Because JP brings up a good point of like the reaction, like you're changing things, but like these elite athletes have incredible reaction time to they can get in a bad position and still win.
Speaker 9: Right from forty yards out, Jared's literally never scoring a touchdown, right, No, Yeah, that's getting howked That's what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Hill and hill, He's just going to be time.
Speaker 1: As soon as we gets your first second, he follows.
Speaker 9: There's a hole that he missed or something. You can rewind and cut back, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you have infinite they're still gonna get infinite options. It's the greatest superpower.
Speaker 3: How much obviously you're going back in time, but how much time are you just coming to waste?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's why you need the two hundred years?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, you get a gig going on it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a long boy.
Speaker 3: I was getting the breakdown of our conversation because I'm like, you need to stem them at about seven yards you need to break down, like you're gonna break in and then go to the corner.
Speaker 2: Just wait or take off on a go ball.
Speaker 1: Jared getting in this first wide receiver stands, you know, like there's been very little reps. It's not it's not sharp yet his nose. Oh yeah, os, guy, there it is.
Speaker 2: God damn man, Will made a documentary.
Speaker 9: I didn't even see it.
Speaker 3: You don't. I'm not a kid. Yeah, I got caught watching the.
Speaker 1: Plane keeping my that's hard to yeah, kid both but anyway, the sixteen year old bodybags.
Speaker 3: But yeah, are you not able to fast forward?
Speaker 2: I'll watch it later and give you guys, this is a movie the longest.
Speaker 9: This is the craziest. Know, here we go, we're getting closer. He's going out to the line of scrimmage, all the live bagger stance.
Speaker 1: Hope you guys said, no, no, what the are you doing?
Speaker 3: You gotta get show this kid.
Speaker 1: He just can't ready to put over there. This kid, this kid has at puberty yet.
Speaker 9: Oh god, go that's a that's a flag and there's the ball ground that he didn't catch it and.
Speaker 4: You on that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, see, I don't think going back and he's locking him up.
Speaker 1: No, matter what, no matter what.
Speaker 3: If I could see where that kid was going, that's a kid that we started talking about against Alan, you would beat the kid.
Speaker 9: But yeah, you're not doing It's not as cool as we think.
Speaker 2: I could go on for an hour.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got my back.
Speaker 1: It's one of those conversations that is kind of infinite. This is also a guy who says, what's the video game you like? Minecraft?
Speaker 3: Minecraft? Thinks Minecraft is harder to learn and retain than football. Like a football, there's more things. There's more things to learn in the game of Minecraft than there is football.
Speaker 9: No it is, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Sure, they're just basically is more things in Minecraft.
Speaker 3: But he started that's what because he needed to find a way to win the argument. But he started off that it would be harder to learn and retain the information of Minecraft than with football. We put that the bad stuffed him in a lot. Instead, he had to figure out you you gave in on that.
Speaker 9: I gotta see this. I just got tired of the argument. Yeah, yeah, you kept trying to change the argument like football is ever changing too. So there's new Minecraft.
Speaker 2: Minecraft does to right, has updates? It does it has They see it like fifty years still like eight.
Speaker 7: Chat GBT says, learning the ins and out of football is much harder. Minecraft has a learning curve, but football is incredibly complex things.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's who. That's what you moved it to because I got Chat to give me that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God did we do.
Speaker 3: The Yeah we did the like, yeah we did. It's been a good hang.
Speaker 1: And we get to see you in a couple of hours, I.
Speaker 9: Know, right for god sweater as I got one.
Speaker 6: We have we have a mutual friend and I think you'll you'll pick up on this for the question, is it true that you used to direct message of recruiting profiles of other guys and say that this guy really better than me to coaches, to uh recruiting websites, a guy who ran who is this wood Of course it's Woody dude, So like, yes, that is probably true because they would probably it's true. I like, this guy's not better than me.
Speaker 9: There's like a five star and I'm a three star, and I would go to the camp throw better than them, and then I would text him and be like I'm still.
Speaker 2: A three star, Like what's up? Four stars now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Because like put the film on you know what I'm saying, so, yeah, that is true, and we had a great relationship and he's still like one of my guys. So it's pretty funny. It's like one of the rivals. Yeah, like they all rank you. Yeah, he was like the O G guy, him and this guy Rob and like I would go on there podcast and I don't know, like I was just a three star guy, you know, and then I finally got yeah, exactly, like give it to me, man, And right there I was like a three point nine seven five, you know, like right there, just give me.
Speaker 3: The four bumping up.
Speaker 1: You've seen it in the exactly. I'll tell you what the problem is. Your mom talked to that Kentucky coach a certain way and you were like, oh, I'll tell you to talk to people.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 9: You got to stand up for yourself for your side. I don't do that enough. Honestly, I need to do that more.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you fucking got it.
Speaker 9: You guys are great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: This is this it's a great pod.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See a couple hours, we'll sweat together.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun, big, big time. Right, Please subscribe big host An kisses.
Speaker 6: Yes must be twenty one plus and present in select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino or eighteen plus and present in DC.
Speaker 2: First online real money wager only five dollars first deposit required.
Speaker 6: Bonus issued as non withdrawable bonus bets, which expires seven days after receipt.
Speaker 2: Restrictions apply see terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler, or visit FanDuel dot.
Speaker 6: Com slash rg call one eight eight eight seven eight nine seventy seven seventy seven, or visit CCPG dot org slash chat in Connecticut, or visit nd gambling heelp dot org in Maryland.
Speaker 9: Hope is here, Visit gambling Helpline M dot org or call eight hundred three two seven fifty fifty for twenty four seven support in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Or call one eight seven seven eight Hope n Y.
Speaker 1: Or text Hope and Y in New York