Speaker 1: The Nicky Gliser podcastser here's Nikki. Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicki Glaser Podcast. Thank you for joining us. I'm here in my podcast studio. I was gonna say guest room, but it's really just a podcast studio at this point. It literally there's no other purpose.
Speaker 2: There's no bed in here for a guest.
Speaker 1: No, there is no guests but there let's just yes, there's a guest Yeah, there's there is a guest chair. We're redesigning. By the way, my mom's here. Everyone, Hello Mom, NK and Brian Francie's back with us too from Death Valley. You made it back. Yes, he's he's got well.
Speaker 3: I had a horrible time. I had a good time in a bad time. But on New Year's Eve, Ali, who is a kind of witchy, she we did a witch spell to try to that's fun for the death of of twenty twenty three and all the negative energy. And we did this spell. And then the next day I got food poisoning and I puked all day, which I viewed as like a purging.
Speaker 1: Did you lose?
Speaker 3: I know you'd be very jealous, because I I like.
Speaker 1: So, did you look at your stomach afterwards, and was it.
Speaker 3: Like it was amazing? I was like Olivia Rodrigo, I came out of there. No, but it was crazy because I was like, I feel like this is a purging of negative energy that's coming out.
Speaker 4: Of me right now.
Speaker 1: Oh what the which spell is the world took? What did you eat? The Chipotle took?
Speaker 3: It was either the spell or that barbecue Jimmy's restaurant that I had. And yeah, a rear.
Speaker 1: Again, this is not special, it is, but.
Speaker 3: Just for fun, but just for fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just for fun. Say had diarrhea and uh, you're puking for a whole day because of fun? Yeah, it was because because of magic. That makes sense. Okay, Well have you felt good since then? Did you wake up New Year's Day like feeling refreshed and good?
Speaker 3: No? No, I feel the same after it. But I I mean no, I felt worse because you know, we actually get food poisoning. You feel sick for a couple more days. But man, uh, I really hope it was the negative energy because it would have been cool.
Speaker 1: Maybe stop eating meat. I think I don't think that people ever get food poisoning from not eating animals. People cuisine, A lean cuisine, that's what you got it.
Speaker 4: Not me, but a former coworker of mine. She got so sick from like a pasta lean cuisine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was probably just because it's the line cuisine, because it was bad from. I've never gotten food poisoning oyster.
Speaker 5: Me yeah, oyster, yeah, I knew as soon as I ate it I went that was.
Speaker 1: Start getting sick more often. This isn't fair.
Speaker 5: I was thrown up like five times in my entire, really entire, Like why I just don't throw up?
Speaker 1: So you'll just be nauseous and you'll like you just don't want to throw up?
Speaker 2: No, I just can't.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: There's there's no way I can do.
Speaker 1: But does this it gross you out or something? And then how have you done it five times? Because it was I couldn't stop it. Oh but otherwise, so you can do it?
Speaker 2: No, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: But you did it five times? Well, I got didn't do it? Something else did it? I know you've been wildly hung over too. That's when throw up comes up for most people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't. Nothing happens like that.
Speaker 1: Do you so you just suck? Do you feel does your body feel like it wants to throw Is it frustrating? Like is it like being contipated but the other way?
Speaker 2: No, I get it the other way.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah. You get throwing up so amazing once you know it before you before you do it out. Before you do it, you feel so shitty and queasy, and then getting it out is such a relief. It feels so good.
Speaker 1: That's what I feel about diarrhea. The other day I got diarrhea a little bit and I told Anya. We were texting about it, and she was like oh, she goes, I'm sorry, babe, and she goes, oh, wait, no, you love diaryhea, and I was like, I really do, because it feels like a cleansing, like you're getting the thing out that's making you feel sick. And I have said to her, I want to be clear to you. I get diarrhea. Sometimes I get it for twenty minutes and it's not I'm sitting on the toilet for twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: And kick it up.
Speaker 1: I have it for two sets, like less than ten seconds. I wipe, I go about my day and I go, oh, still not done, and I go sit back down. I'm not just like it's not even a problem. It feels good. But people who have diarrhea that are like, it's awful. I don't I want something. I want to just get a little physically sick. And I know this sounds I don't know, it doesn't sound nice because I'm belittling people's pain by being like I want that. But I just everyone in my life gets sick all the time. I never get sick. I never get any sympathy. I fell so hard, really really like just on some a sheet of ice. Like it looked cool the fall itself. It didn't look like I didn't know what I was doing. I just felt kind of like I was trying to go, you know, and slow down, but I hit a patch of ice, so it just kept going, and then my body kept going towards the like I just fell kind of into the hill. But I did do it. Yeah, on the side. I did do it right below a chair lift, so that's the most embarrassing. It sucks, and it's right where they're all boarding, so even the people in the line could see me. It was. It was at the bottom of a chair lift, so embarrassing, but it felt I felt. I was like, oh, I'm gonna have such a good bruise because it was janked up. Man, it was radiating. I couldn't even ski after it. It was hurting so bad. Like usually you fall and you're like a little sore. It was like, this is a bone bruise. Nothing, no brs I I told Chris and Curran when I got back, I was like, you, you guys are gonna be amazed at what this turns into. I waited two hours. I go to the bathroom to check it. Nothing. Waited three hours. Nothing. It's been three days. It's still you've hit any bruise. It wouldn't even nothing that shows. I want my pain showing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, that's the well you know, from a person who has pain, it doesn't show at all. It's good to show it you want so when you're requesting the pain, you want visible pain so you can have the empathy from other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's what you want.
Speaker 2: Are you still sore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I'm touching on it right now and it's like.
Speaker 3: Nothing to show for it's no bruise.
Speaker 1: It was going to be black because.
Speaker 2: You have a bruise there, but you don't see it.
Speaker 1: It's it's very very light and current and Chris were laughing because I was saying, you wait, do you see this thing? It's going to be crazy because I don't exaggerate. I bruise all the time on my legs, right, and I don't even know what causes.
Speaker 3: I don't think you've ever exaggerated. I'm trying to think. I don't think I've ever heard you exaggerate one time, unlike.
Speaker 1: A glad exaggerated at least a thousand times in the past minute.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I don't know that you don't do that.
Speaker 1: Like, well, Dad gaggerates thirty percent in either direction. So it's either you can just always if it's a good story, and he's saying, and we got there, there were like stroud people in line. You can guess it was probably forty people in the right or or you know whatever, you could always do by thirty percent either way. But yeah, I guess catch myself exactly.
Speaker 3: Exaggerating is the American way thirty percent below is the British way?
Speaker 5: Oh well, oh but really that's right, Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: That no, well, it's like the difference between American humor and British humor. American humor goes you walk into a room, it smells, you go, this place stinks like shit. And if it's if you go into a room and it smells in Britain, you go, well, this doesn't very smell very good, does it. That's the same joke Jimmy Carr. Jimmy Carr would go, I went into a room and it smelled, and I was and something about Hitler.
Speaker 1: It smelled like the Holocaust, and I thought, and then he would change it and be like, I like the small of the Holocaust. The cars he writes offensive jokes, right, they're gonna get them canceled someday. I will say that. I just I felt really bad today because I went in to go get my retainer that by the way, after I finished in Visilin, and they gave me two retainers that I thought would last at least a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The retainers, Wait, do they not last? They're not viviscof ones. I just learned that, Oh that's not the brand. I don't know. They gave me some off brand. So I walk in. So both of the retainers have broken, Like, I take them out and they've they've ripped.
Speaker 3: You're wearing them overnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wearing them overnight, like you know, for like I think I wore them like three weeks each, and they both have ripped. And yes, I don't take them off from the back like you're supposed to. But the Chris has a retainer that is thick like a table top, like it's gigantic, and mine's like a thin little thing. So I go, I ordered some new ones. I went to go pick them up. They're four hundred dollars per pair. And which is I go, so, am I gonna have to pay four hundred dollars the rest of my life every two months because these things break? And they go, I don't know, you could do our retainer for life program. And I said, what's that? She starts digging through a filing cabinet. You pay one thousand dollars one time, and every time you need a new retainer it's seventy dollars. Oh, And I go, oh, so they know these are crap, and she goes, I go, they know these are shit? And I said it kind of like as loud as that, And there were kids in the in the waiting room, and I go, I mean crap, which is I think crap is even a bad word to kids. Yeah, yeah, it's not great. It's not a good word. Pooph today are idiot And he was like, Nikki said idiot, And I said, I didn't say about my sister. I said it about football.
Speaker 3: Can we stop with that? Can we stop teaching kids to be narcs? I mean a word?
Speaker 1: Or why don't we just say words around kids because they're going to learn them anyway. It doesn't like everyone just takes so much offense that their kid is going to be a foul mouth person. So what if your kid you can blame it on TV or the internet. Like it's not like we're all learning how to cuss from our parents anymore.
Speaker 3: Like just who cares? Just cuss?
Speaker 1: Don't let them cust.
Speaker 3: Thing that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Then cannot to do it breakfast? Yeah, you can't cuss as an adult. Everywhere you get in trouble for cussing as an adult's people think you're crazy.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: They definitely did today, And so I go, oh, so they know these are ship And I was just being I wasn't trying to call out this woman. She has nothing to do with it, the receptionist. But be with me on this. You just pulled the paper out that has a retainer for life program, because that you have to pay one thousand dollars. The retainers should be for for at least six months more. If they're four hundred dollars a piece a retainer for.
Speaker 2: Life, you only got two months out a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I have to pay one thousand dollars and then I'll have to pay seventy dollars each time.
Speaker 3: So you te to be like, yeah, you're right, they are shit. It's a scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a scam. But she can't say that because I can't do that. So then I guess someone heard the commotion, and the orthodontis came out. I've never met my Orthodonnis's husband. He's a striking man. Oh, he's a gorgeous man. Comes out from the back and it's like, what's the problem here, And I'm like, who is this model that's coming out to talk to me? And then I call him down because I'm like, okay, not because he was like hot or anything, but because he just it just seemed to be like I was causing a commotion, and I felt bad that I said shit. I did say it loud, and it was crowded, and I did feel bad. I don't want to be that type of person. I don't like I'll cuss in front of morn and Matt's kids.
Speaker 2: He just went in there.
Speaker 1: I went in there a little hot. Yeah, I went in hot. I was running late for the podcast. I was annoyed that it was because I had already paid half the bill, but I didn't remember what half what the amount was, And then when they gave me the other half, and I'm like, two hundred and twelve dollars, so four hundred and fifty dollars or four hundred twenty five dollars every and I go, so I have to pay four hundred twenty five dollars over two months for those I said that, and they go, no, you can do this program. Oh so, why don't they just make them stronger? I said. My boyfriend's retainer is so thick. Why can't I get one like that? I said, I think I'm probably gonna go elsewhere. Yeah, because I can, because all's doing is keeping my teeth in the place that they are.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My teeth are different because I've done in visil line.
Speaker 3: You can get in Visiline retainers that are thicker and they last longer.
Speaker 5: Wait, why don't you just get one of those retainers that for grinding teeth. Once you set those in, teeth will be set. The teeth are already set in the right position.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not doing this again. But anyway, the the striking orthodontis, who is he strike I was like, if he did, it wouldn't show up, nothing to show for it. But I was just like suddenly like sorry, okay, so what's the other option? And he was very understanding. You could just tell he was the guy that comes out and talks to crazy lady. And I didn't like the I didn't like the guy coming out to talk to c And listen, they so in the right I know they're going to hear this. Someone's gonna send this to them. You guys, you were right. We all know that guy is striking. I'm not saying anything indecent. Even Chris talks about because Chris went to high school I think with this guy and he's on the way out, he goes, oh, say I had a Chris for me. I was like, he goes, I'm aj and I'm like, oh, you're my Jenna's husband. And Jenna is a looker too. I mean, these two are just gorgeous people. Because I remember when I when Jenna I started going to Jenna, Chris was like, Oh, she's married to AJ from school, and he goes, I bet she's so hot, and I go she is. He goes because Aj is hot. Hot people find each other. A ten doesn't end up with not a ten, unless unless it's a ten woman, and then she she canna end up with a guy that has ten zeros behind his.
Speaker 2: Guys salary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the only tens that those tens hang out with. But yes, so yeah. Have you ever seen a mismatched hot couple that is the woman is the uglier one.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to think of people I know, but Marks, I have seen that when.
Speaker 2: I don't know when.
Speaker 1: No, you don't know when because it doesn't happen. It doesn't know there. Women are always what about like Danny DeVito, they're they're equals, they're before And I say, this was no judgment, but me for saying perlans afore, Well.
Speaker 3: Are you saying everyone's always equal with who they are?
Speaker 1: You're either equal? This is what I said in my last I said it in one special I did, You're either equal or the woman is hotter. The best a woman can do is equal to her, or the worst of what man will do is equal to him.
Speaker 3: Different you're in the closet or something like the Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, a man can be in the closet, or have low self esteem, or have an ugly mother that he wants. Maybe he wants to recreate his childhood a little bit sometimes nothing worth.
Speaker 2: But it's but poor people.
Speaker 1: No, there's no chance, maybe one out of every hundred men with an ugly woman be.
Speaker 3: Dropped off to school with an ugly mother.
Speaker 2: Okay, people to.
Speaker 1: Have it all the time. It no having an ugly mother would hurt your feelings to be because men always say, whether they do it or not, they always say they look at the mother to see what you're going to turn out like.
Speaker 5: And I can imagine had said once, and I was like, that's really cute.
Speaker 3: Does that happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does it? Do you do actually wind up turning into your mother? Like you look like them? Exactly?
Speaker 1: I think so? Or it just shows kind of what your what your genetics are going to look like long term, And I think that that's important people. Oh, can I share my new theory that I'm obsessed with. Sure, O, this is so exciting. I think it's groundbreaking. I think it's really important. Okay, I was thinking about adoption and how people are not don't want to do it quite often because they want their kid to look like them. And you can give me any excuse you want for why you're not doing adoption and why you want to have your own kid. But you're having your own kid because you want something that you and you want your genetics, and that's okay, that's nothing wrong with that. Don't make other excuses though. That's why you do it. Otherwise you would adopt. It's the better thing to do. There are people without homes. You're doing it because you're a little bit of an arcissist, But we all are. It doesn't matter. We all have mirrors everywhere we go. We all are. It's no problem. What I would say is a good thing about adoption because now I'm thinking about my only option is adoption, and that is a rhyme. Uses is that? I think it was COOLi oh, that said that and Gangster's Paradise. I think it was one of the lyrics because my only adoption option is adoption. I think I am starting to just try to think about, like, what are the good things about it? And I came up with a great one. Okay, So I think a lot of the problem with people in general is that they grow up and people that have insecurity issues, people that have low self esteem, people that have I'm not good enoughness, perfectionism, procrastination, all these things. It's the root. It can be caused from their parents putting a lot of pressure on them to be perfect, to be to be better, and that the parent sees them as an extension of them. Therefore, if my child is failing in school, I am a failure somehow. If my child doesn't look a certain way, I'm failing. If my child is fat, if my child is ugly, it's somehow an extension of me. There's something wrong with me. Now, if you adopt, if your child is dumb and ugly, you can just blame it on where the parents had it. Therefore you can, yeah, you can protect yourself. Now, this isn't a conscious thing. It's a subconscious thing. I think that if my kid were adopted and he was bad in school or like some kind of thing that I or may feel insecure about how I rate my genetics, I wouldn't care as much. I just accept him for what he is and try to work with what we have as opposed to taking it as some like wound on my family tree and my heritage and my lineage. And so it would be I would have a better response because when my friends are and ugly, I don't go like and I'm I'm saying this as a joke. To be honest with you, dumb and ugly, I don't cared, No, no, no, I do have dumb and ugly friends. But it doesn't mean that I don't think that I think worse of them or something. But yes, sometimes I can be dumb and ugly. Like I thought that there was no God in Judaism. I thought they just had no God. I missed some things. I thought that Mexico was South America until last week. I did not know that Mexico was North America. I just thought everything because im America. Oh, okay, central America.
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about continents. Then there's only North and South America.
Speaker 1: I just will say I can be dumb too, right, exactly, Okay, I check and I say exactly, like, I just didn't find that out from Brian. So when someone says a fact, you can say exactly and you aren't lying. You sound like you knew it already, but you could just be saying yeah, exactly. So it's a safe thing to say after and said something smart and you're not technically lying. But people do infer that you might have known it before. But I think that you know, if someone I don't I'm not related to, is ignorant or act in a fool or embarrassing and crying, I don't like take it as me. You know, I don't take I can help them in a way that is isn't like I'm taking it personally. And I think that if I had kids that were act in fool, I wouldn't be as like I wouldn't be as well.
Speaker 3: If you adopted the kid and it's having a temper tantruma at a grocery store and you won't feel embarrassed. You'd be like, well, don't blame me, blame it's natural racket mom.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly, I would. I would say this, and I know that that's not right, maybe because you should take responsibility. But if you've read any studies about kids growing up, you kind of turn out the way you are because of your genetics. There's really little that nurture can do. It's mostly nature. They've taken twins that were and raised them in two different accidentally were raised in two different environments. They turned out the same. Barring intense neglect or abuse. A child's going to kind of turn out the same no matter if they have amazing parents or kind of mediocre ones. And that has been studied and I would say peer reviewed like that is the way it is. And it's a bummer for people who want to adopt because you think that you can have this great impact on a kid's life. Yes, taking them out of a home with crack addicted parents is probably going to be very beneficial for them, but they're not going to turn out better than if you were.
Speaker 3: Well, you can give them an opportunity because if they have the same skills and the same whatever, But if they don't have the opportunity to go to school or whatever, then they're not going to become successful.
Speaker 1: And people don't.
Speaker 5: You can kind of carve that child, but a little bit, but not really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll I'll send you the research. Yeah, beat them up, that can change them, but not beating them up all the way up to being the best parent in the world. Does is really negligible.
Speaker 3: So the only thing you can do is make them worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, it's kind of a disappointment, but it's kind of freeing. As if you want to be a parent and love something, but know that you aren't responsible for how this kid turns out, you might be a little bit have a better life. Okay, that's my theory. We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 3: Don't think of that.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back. You've had seconds to think about my theory, You've had time to mull it over. What do you make of it? I think that you can.
Speaker 5: Basically, I'm saying that, yes, you if you have a damaged genetic child, it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of like having a step kid. You can just go not my problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but you can definitely have an impact on that child.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, teachers have impacts on kids and stuff. I'm just saying, I will send your article at better schools, and because it's a socioeconomic status, and because it reflects on them, and because people are obsessed with people thinking my kids the smart that's way people, you know, bribe schools to get them into better schools. It's not about their kid actually being smarter. Their dumb kid is lying about being on the rowing team so that she can go to l so it can look good. We can put the bumper sticker on a car. Our friends and family will think we're cool. It's not really about your daughter getting a better education and having a better life.
Speaker 3: But people so society level, but not biologically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta I'll read the research again and share it on the next episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's the thing is the crux of your argument is based on the research, and that I don't have. I don't believe the research yet. I believe that there's got to be research that says the opposite of what you're saying as well as what you're saying. And then it's not decided yet. Nature versus nurture. Okay, but if what you're saying is true, then that sucks.
Speaker 1: But all I realize, well, I think all I want is that nurture to be.
Speaker 4: Is that better than if we sorry, so, like, if we look at ourselves and like the work that we do to kind of like work out the kinks from like our family of origin, like family history, then it means that like, we can't do it either.
Speaker 3: That's a good point of therapy. Can fix the problems. Yeah, listen, nobody can fix anything. Nobody could do anything. All you worse jump off.
Speaker 1: All I know is that this is this, this whole thing I'm talking about, this research that I did read at another time, and I'm gonna find the sources to back it up. At some point. I was upset when I read it because because adoption is my only thing that I would probably end up doing, I do want to have a huge impact on my kid's life and for them to be able to be funny like me, and be critically thinking like they be, and forgiving like me, and all the things that I like about myself. I'm a narcissist. I would love for those to be imposed. So when I read this research, I was bummed out. This isn't suiting my vision for what I want for my life. So that is why I'm saying to trust me about this. The article I read was a huge bummer to me because I was like, then, what's the point if I'm not gonna have any kind of But I think the point now for me is that I will have a better time being a parent, and my child would have a more comfortable experience being whatever they are, because what they are is what they are. If I didn't take it so personally that they are what they are, and I would have a better time doing it. It would just be an easier road, because I think that, you know, I think even Dad, like when the kids act up or do something a little bit weird, he'll be like, that's the green side of the family. I don't think he like blames it on. Yes, he's done it before. Well, our side of the family doesn't act like this. We've never said anything like this. We don't have these issues, and so he'll blame it. I've heard that before because Dad has you know, he wants glazer blood to be strong and smart and and exaggerate.
Speaker 3: Okay, really, it's a Scientific American article and it says those hacks the hacks in the nature nurture War, nature wins. Environmental influences are important too, but they're largely unsystematic, unstable, and idiosyncratic, and I think I found the the line understanding the importance of genetic influence is just the beginning of the story of how DNA makes us who we are. Studying genetically informative cases like those of twins and adoptees led to some of the biggest findings in psychology because for the first time, nature and nurture could be disentangled.
Speaker 1: Yes, so twins that were accidentally separated at birth.
Speaker 3: The scientists have conducted long term studies on special relatives like twins and adoptees to test the effects of nature and nurture. The research has built a mountain of evidence showing that genetics contributes importantly to all psychological differences between us. In fact, inherited DNA differences account for about fifty percent of the differences between us and our personality, mental health and illness, and cognitive abilities and disabilities.
Speaker 1: So that's split, man. Yeah, keep reading, Bran.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's the only time they mentioned twins.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but I just mean, like, we'll look at that again because I just I just remember I have no dog in this fight, except I wanted adoption to be way.
Speaker 2: More no dog because we have both your dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do, and one of them is I'm thinking about getting. But now I know adopting doesn't have any imp stuck with the crack dog. Yeah, I want a little crack dog. I mean I rehabilitated Luigi pretty well. I mean he's still scared, but he's not like shaking in the corner like he used to be.
Speaker 2: He still wants pizza hut bad.
Speaker 1: He's still he was just he was my whole theory. But I used to have a joke about it, but it never ended up on any special But when I was like looking for dogs, I would read these, like you know, Petfinder ads or whatever for these dogs, and they they lie about the dog's stories so that you want to get the dog more.
Speaker 2: Right, No, he's got a good story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was discovered behind a pizza Hut and van NY's. He was using a pepperoni as a blanket. That's what That's what Chris always says whenever we have pepperoni. He was like uh, and I'd get can we get half blankets half cheese? And I'm like, wait what? And then he goes remember Luigi, And I go, oh, yes, And then and then yeah, the story was that a little there were some kids throwing firecrackers at lunge and a little boy said stop, stop and he went over to the dog and he took Luigi home. But his mom wouldn't let him keep it. Call may Day Rescue. That was the story. And I believe the story because Natalie is not a liar and she has no reason to lie. But I, as I was reading Petfinder stories, I was like, man, these are good ones. Whatever you can do to sell get it, not sell a dog, Get a dog a home, give a story to it, give it a cute name. I love when photographers come in and volunteer their resources to take beautiful pictures of dogs, because I was looking at may Day Rescue, which is where I've rescued both my parents' dogs formerly my dogs. Nay my dogs, nay. Great crossword, uh me nay. What's nameing like your Julie Glazer Neae Burke. Now n it's nay in French because it has an apostrop a gool. So I think maybe Americans say ni, but I've so uh oh. So I was looking at the may Day Rescue thing, and I was looking at because I'm looking for a new dog, and I've got my eye and a couple that are in circulation there, and I was looking and like, the dogs that have the cuter photo have so many more likes, Like it's all about the photo, like, there's a good photo of this one dog that I'm looking at. I'm not gonna say it's name, and it has like thousands of likes, and then that same dog has some kind of shitty photos a little bit later. No, like hardly any.
Speaker 2: Likes, and it's like, should the one?
Speaker 1: No, I always want to I always want a black dog because black dogs don't get chosen as much as any other dog. I always that's what I'm looking for right now. I want I want the ugliest dog. I almost got a dog with one.
Speaker 5: I have one white dog, one brown dog, and we need a black dog.
Speaker 1: I know, well, you're gonna get one. Shadows coming up, little shadow. Yeah, And it's it's just it's crazy to me that people care that much about stuff. But yeah, we're we're.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like adopting. It's your adopting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to hear that story about your kid. You have been behind a pizza place, eating rocks and being covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want a good That's why people adopted from Africa. They want people to know. And I don't think that's everyone, but it's there is something about like I am a hero because and there's a part of me that wants an ugly dog, not because I want people to think I'm a hero. I really don't. I would admit that about myself if that was part of it. I think that's something I could admit. It's really because I think less people want this thing, so I want it. It's almost like a rare bag any attention. Yeah, like I want the thing that is probably going to be put down because I don't want it. I don't want to be someone who's selective about animal looks. I think that's so weird.
Speaker 3: My friend, my friend Michael is actually a hero and rescued a dog literally when he was in the Peace Corps. And he was a Peace Corps Mauritania, which is in Western Africa, and the dogs there there stray is all over the streets there and people just kill them. They'll just throw rocks them because the dogs will like eat your food and stuff for like wild dogs. Right. So there was this little dog he was just walking the streets and these kids were throwing rocks, this little dog, and he got between them and the kids and he said stop throwing rocks, and they chased off the kids and then the dog was rocks the kids. He started throwing rocks of the kids and they killed all four kids. And then he drank their blood and he became some kind of demonic superhuman who now flies through the sky. Yeah, now he has a spaceship. No, but the dog was injured. He took the dog to a vet. The vet got the vet took care of the dog. But then he's like, the only way to save this dog is I have to get him out of Mauritania. Otherwise he's just gonna be put back on the street. But it's illegal to take a dog across the border, so he had to.
Speaker 1: Is ones that repair rock wound every dog that comes. I think he's sick, has a heart issue. Was like, where would did the rock hit him? The rock.
Speaker 3: Failure?
Speaker 1: There must be rocks involved, Okay, go on.
Speaker 3: He had to illegally transport this dog over hidden in some train car to get him to like some other country like Morocco or something, and then he could and then he got the dog. Yeah, Morocco, that's kind of what that's that's annoyed the dog made when it got.
Speaker 1: Hit more rock.
Speaker 3: But he managed to get the dog from Africa to America and then it was his dog for the next America. Yeah, and then he took him and he lived out his days in Little Rock, Arkansas, where the dog felt a lot better because the rocks were little. That it was a real rescue.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: This dog from the streets of Mauritania and took him to America, and then it was his dog for today.
Speaker 1: I learned that Central America is part of North America, it's not a separate continent. And I also learned that there's a place called Mauritania. I never knew that was a country. Did you know?
Speaker 3: Two countries?
Speaker 5: And I thought that was like a holding area or something. I didn't know what that meant.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, what to Africa.
Speaker 4: Two countries.
Speaker 3: There's one country called Mauritania and there's one country called Mauricius.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Mauritius.
Speaker 3: I've heard like islands.
Speaker 1: He was in my fifth grade class. Serious, I swear behind Yeah, that's uh. There there are country names that I don't know the names of it. I mean, there's like how.
Speaker 3: Much I could name one hundred countries that you probably don't know the name of it.
Speaker 1: I bet you could. You've got that kind of brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm impressed.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to do it.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, so go on, let's do I'm just kidding. Please don't turn off the podcast. He's going to start listening.
Speaker 3: I could listen two hundred and seventy countries off the top of my head?
Speaker 1: Is that how many there are? Are you serious this debate.
Speaker 3: About how many there are? But two hundred and seventies? Like standing you could?
Speaker 1: You could do them all.
Speaker 3: All to seventy?
Speaker 1: No question France, Actually no, I would forgot.
Speaker 3: I can't name France.
Speaker 1: Do you ever forget about states? Like there was one time that I heard about New Hampshire and I was like, I have not thought about New Hampshire in twenty years, Like I forgot New Hampshire was a state. That's one where I forgot about. That's a hot one Ian, I know it, but I really was like, oh my god, you don't ever think about New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: No, really, it's that's.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the Caucuses, yeah, well yeah, it's the first state that does the primary in something Knobs Gap or whatever the city's called. They're trying to take it away from them though, and give it to some other state like South Carolina, because it doesn't mean because New Hampshire doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Nobody remembers South Carolina clearly, right, No, I remember that.
Speaker 1: That's for every twenty years. You'd go, oh yeah, that's the thing. Mom. What was the best Christmas gift you got or like memory or anything you mean from this year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, Nikki, you gave me a beautiful coat.
Speaker 1: Oh I wasn't even trying to leave that.
Speaker 2: You gave me the best gift.
Speaker 1: Okay, that coade has a story. Oh I knew it, you knew? What do you know? I just know you What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Because you were like I screwed up with the presents this year.
Speaker 1: I did screw up with them.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, and she's like, I didn't get you guys anything anything, And.
Speaker 1: I was like, I could made a made well order for my mom and sister that had like nine things in it, you know, like it was a big ass order. And I was so proud of myself to get all my Christmas shopping done in one day. I ordered from all these different places and I got it done. And it was during my special planning. So I was like writing my special at Starbucks and I was like, actually, I'm gonna just shop real quick. I got it all done. Good deals on stuff, great sizing, everything, the right color and everything. I was like, yes. And then I get back from my trip like the special, and I'm going to go go through all the boxes. It's a giant wall of boxes to start wrapping things. I saw your wall of boxes and I go, where's the Maid wall box?
Speaker 3: What's going?
Speaker 1: And I go, oh no, And so I went to maidwell dot com. Look at my shopping cart. The number nine is right there. That means there are nine things still in my shopping cart. It has not been checked out yet. Every single thing in the shopping cart is sold out now. It's all the sale prices are gone like it was. It was during like a sale that I did this at the right time. So I go, I have nothing for them. This is Christmas Eve.
Speaker 5: I was okay with this, you guys, and so I went over.
Speaker 1: My parents also. I was like, I have nothing for you. But then I remembered that I over ordered gifts two years ago. You gotta be and I've had that coat in my closet for two years waiting to give you, and I forgot to give it to you for last Christmas. N you could have had that coat for two now. You gave me a coat last year. No, it's two years ago. The long really hmm, it was dose those years ago. Okay, yeah, I like last year. No, it's long coat. Yeah. And also Lawrence coat also part of the coats from two years ago that I bought, and I was so glad that I had them stilled the tag on them. I keep the tag on everything I own because my mom might want it some day. And if I gave her just a thing that I used to wear, she might go like, I like it, but if it stills the tag on it, it could smell totally funky, but you'll still like it because the tag's on it. You got that right, You got that right.
Speaker 2: I keep all my tags on.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think what you gave. I sent my mom a bunch of Poshmark those boots. I love this. I haven't worn them. You really like it, but I just the new thing is send people what you want, yeah, down months in advance, and then you forget that you ever even sent it, and then you get this thing that you already.
Speaker 5: Like, Yeah, I bought that purse, it's so nice months ago. And I was like, I gotta get another gift for Nikki, and I went in the closet that I had other stuff in and I found that box.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, I got that purse for.
Speaker 1: It was good. I do have to be a more gracious gift receiver because I just sometimes gifts to me. It's so rude to not be a good gift receiver. But when it's people that I like so good. No, remember I went through a rough patch. Yeah, teens and twenties.
Speaker 5: I was as a child. We have videos of you. Every present you opened, you were going, I love this. You were telling all your friends that came to your little party. You were like, I just love this. It was the cutest thing where I was.
Speaker 1: A people pleaser from the very good go because I to you, I didn't like all those gifts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you probably.
Speaker 1: I even I saw footage of me putting something that I hated, and I remember hating it. But I go, oh my god, calking Grandma call it and it speaks gift, and I'm just like, it's like easy, Jesus love.
Speaker 2: Actually, Oh, I was so proud of you the way you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was a real no no good little girl two years ago. You left every gift I gave you at our house. I mean I think I gave you like six gifts and they were still there, and I was like.
Speaker 1: I was like, you just keep these here? You want that? Yeah, that's what I always say, I go, do you want this? I just try to give it back because generally I'm getting gifts that my I think people give gifts that they like themselves, like I would want this. I think that's an easy way to like, it's the right way. It is a mistake, a mistake.
Speaker 3: You got to think about what the other person. I mean, this is so obvious to me. I don't understand why it needs to be said. But you got to think about what the other person would want and get that for them.
Speaker 1: Well, we live in a society that lacks empathy. We don't really understand what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. We think about walking someone's else's shoes with our feet. What it really means is walking in someone else's skin. The shoes thing needs to be changed because everyone just goes, well, if I had her shoes on, and I know they don't think that literally, but they just go I wouldn't be I would just do things you go, No, you have to be born in my skin, raised by my parents.
Speaker 3: That's how shoes wouldn't even fit me, Like I would be.
Speaker 1: Mean, Yeah, exactly, I would be over pronated in those. Well that's what I was worried about.
Speaker 2: Your boot rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would never walk in those shoes. Do it a high heel. At least when I'm on stage, the adrenaline makes it not hurt. But I Dad gave me. Dad always goes out to West County Mall and Christmas Eve and gets he gets us journals. So this year when he went out, I go, Dad, don't you buy me a journal? I have too many journals. Ironically enough, I do need a journal, and I just ordered one. I should have told him to get me one. I was social li bitch, but I was like, don't get his calendars. And Mom goes, I want a calendar, and so I got one. So he goes to the calendar store. He goes to Barnes and Noble. He like, he likes getting like little fun gifts the night before great thing, but he's paying full price. Mom knows that like that kidding. No, he wanted to go to Barnes. He wanted to go to Barnes and Noble. That's big thing, I know, and that's what he got me. So I got a gift from him on christ He goes like, let's just give rid on Christmas Eve. This is a fun one. So you hand it over and I open it up and immediately I see the word Trump, and I'm just like, I don't even want to read this word. I hate this person so much. And it's a bobblehead. No, it's just a little a little figure. It's just like a toy figure of Donald Trump in a jail suit, like in an orange jumpsuit, like imprisoned. And it's his exactly a three printer perfectly printed his face from the mugshot, which is I hate that photo too. Yeah, I just I know it's a joke and it's like Trump in prison. Let's try to like, let's celebrate this. I don't want a Trump finger figuring in my house, in my eyeline. I don't want. I don't like him. It's like giving me a Hitler thing, like I don't want to look at Do people have Hitler toys for jokes? I don't think so, Like I don't like this. I hate him more than anyone. And so I just was instantly like I don't want this, and I was really a bitch about it, but I wasn't a bitch. I was just like can you And Dad goes, we'll keep it.
Speaker 5: I go, great, or we'll give it to yeah, somebody, TV, Bob or whatever.
Speaker 1: And I was like great. And it wasn't a contentious thing. I was just like, I don't want to see him name.
Speaker 2: He is actually very bad.
Speaker 1: Not I don't want to say triggering, because anyone who likes Trump is gonna be like, oh, you snowflake, you can't handle Trump. I I just know it's just it has a negative connotation to me, and I can't handle it. And so I was just like ugh, and I handed it off and I go, that's really sweet thought, but I don't want this in my possession. And then the next day, Christmas Day Chrismiss Day, my dad gave the same present to my sister and Matt, not the same one he gave me. He wasn't regifting. He bought two of them. And then I saw Lauren open it up and she was like, Oh, this is great, this is funny. I could tell she felt the same way about it as I did, but she had a better response that she can just throw it away now, Like I was too honest. I think I lost that little part of me that is cordial and kind to my loved ones, and shouldn't be that be the ones we're the kindest to.
Speaker 2: You know, you're honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then people are scared to give me gifts.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not. You just tell me what you want.
Speaker 1: Well, mom brought me something yesterday she was at Goodwill, and we'll tell you what it is after the break, Okay, I like, how you go? Okay, like you don't know? All right, So yesterday you were at Goodwill or Saint Vincent, I mean one of the good Will And by the way, Taylor yesterday on the podcast was like, I got to get your mom to the bins because she says she never runs into you at the bins, therefore you're probably not there.
Speaker 2: I don't go to the bin.
Speaker 5: Why don't you go to the bins because it's like a madhouse bins. It's the it's the outlet, the Goodwill outlet, and they come out with this huge bind. They dump this stuff on this big tables and hundreds of people fight over it.
Speaker 3: It's like insane and expensive goods.
Speaker 5: No, and it's all everything's weighed by the pounds, so you could get a pair of boots for fifty nine cents.
Speaker 1: It's like I think you would love, but you don't like the chaos of all.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't like the competition and the chaos now and their competition either.
Speaker 2: I don't like it people.
Speaker 1: You know why, because we're actually very competitive. Oh and so we This is what I learned. I used to think that because I don't like you know, I don't like going to I have to go to a plate's class today because my instructor isn't available. So it's like a fourth of the price to go to a class versus individual, but I pay four times the price because I don't like feeling competitive with other people that are clearly going to be better than me. Oh, it really bothers me. So I don't go to those classes. And I used to think it was because I just don't like competition. I don't want to be competitive. I don't want to compete against others. It's the opposite. I love competition and I desperately want to be the best. And if I can't be the best, I want Nope, I'm a little baby bitch and I don't want any part of it. It's really not a good way to be. And that's why I'm forcing myself to do more classes this year. I want to like get rid of this sense of competition I have with people that don't even know because I can't. I know that I can't because pilates is not something I'm good at, and I'm even going out of my comfort zone to do a thing I'm not good at in the first place, and so to then be against people. I used to have a joke that when I am on a treadmill and there's a girl next to me. It happened yesterday actually at the gym. Chris and I went down to our gym and there was a girl already down there on the treadmill, and I was like, I can't get off this treadmill until she gets off hers, right because I started after her. There's no way that I can quit before her. I looked over at her screen. This pitch is on forty eight minutes and I'm on twelve minutes, and I go, who goes more than thirty minutes on a treadmill? You have an eating disorder. If you do that no offense, you're either training for something or you have an eating disorder. Of offenses, go at the training. Okay, I'll say that to be nice. But you don't need to be on a treadmill running for an hour unless you're running from and your brain of endorphins calories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that I.
Speaker 1: Used to that's because you were. But okay, so what were you doing.
Speaker 3: I would just run for as I would watch football while while running, and so I would just be able to watch. When you're watching something that's fully engrossing.
Speaker 1: She was engrossed in a reunion episode of some reality show. She didn't seem like she had an eating disort, it didn't seem unhealthy. She wasn't going at a crazy pace or anything I'm projecting, But I think that's I don't think anyone needs to do cardio long than it's bad for intense cardio. Oh it is. I think it's bad for your bones. I think it's bad. I think it's bad for you.
Speaker 3: Eventually it starts to hurt you. I mean, that's why you're not supposed to increase your heart rate past a certain point for more than like ten to fifteen minutes or something like that. Yeah, I forgot what the reasoning, but it'll kill.
Speaker 1: I just know that people who are working out to burn calories are that's the wrong reason to work out. I get it if you're trying to like lose a bunch of extra weight in your like, but if you were already, if you're already like a thinnish person and you're trying to eat burn six hundred calories because you ate seven hundred or something like, that's not a healthy That's not what I want to be anymore. And so I don't do workouts for calories. I don't look at the calori anymore, which is a huge change in my life. But anyway, I used to have a joke that if I go and I'm working on treadmill next to someone, I move the treadmill up a couple of inches, so I'm just constantly beating them. It wasn't a good joke, but it was just that's that's how I feel in my in my brain competitive wise. So you don't like into the bins because of that because it's a madhouse. Uh no, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's Friday.
Speaker 2: It's like Black Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's really everyone is grabbing everything.
Speaker 1: They will hurt you. I mean these people.
Speaker 5: And there's a group of older, older men that are scary that I mean it used to be women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's the mill in the Salvation Army.
Speaker 5: Yeah they I think they live next door. And yeah, they live in the Salvation Army. But honestly, it's kind of scary.
Speaker 1: I get it. So, and it's really not in a great part of town. Yeah, Taylor is into that kind of stuff. Taylor's not scared.
Speaker 5: She's young. She can handle herself. But if somebody pushes me over, I'm probably be like, but she'd probably knock them out or something.
Speaker 1: No, she's she's pretty soft as well, like soft like as a person. Yeah, she's a gentle person, but she I can see her being. But she likes s it's a fredics. She likes crazy people. She likes the homeless. She her dream when we used to talk about like your dream job. She's like studying the homeless, working with the homeless, which is so admirable. She just likes she likes people who are crazy. She she's fascinated by it. She likes all these murder stuff, like she likes things that are up is interesting. It's so you got to listen to this JFK podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I know. Dad's talking about it on SUP. He keeps trying to give me spoilers. I'm like to stop telling me.
Speaker 2: He did it it I know.
Speaker 1: The final thought. My best gift that I got was Guitar Hero from Chris. Have you played Guitar Hero, Brian?
Speaker 3: Well, it was at that hotel in last Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was staying at a hotel and in the lobby they had Guitar Hero, which is a game that has not existed or been made new twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Don't we have that at our house?
Speaker 1: Yes? I bought it for Dad for Christmas in two thousand and because it was a gift I wanted. I did the thing. It's I think it has to Brian, because we played it. We are so we played it in that lobby of that hotel and you were there too, And then since then Chris got it for me for Christmas. We play every day. It is so addictive, It is so fun, and I am fascinated by the fact that it disappeared. It was I was reading up on it and all of these rhythm games were so big from two thousand and seven to two thousand and eleven at the latest and like rock Band, Dance, Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero and then vanished, like you can't buy a new game for Guitar Hero, rock Band's gone too, Like they're all a good way and they are. So if you ever see a Guitar Hero game for play station three, will you get it?
Speaker 2: Wait the game? Or I see the guitars all the time.
Speaker 1: We'll take a guitar too, But the games or a microphone or rock band or anything will I will pay for that?
Speaker 3: I want a theory again, probably wrong, but that coincide just on a timeline standpoint with when online gaming became most popular. So people were now playing smart comooters, Minecraft, all online working together, and Guitar Hero and other pattern games don't really lend them themselves to group activity play too.
Speaker 1: Because Chris and I rock band. You play with a whole game band, play with a band, drum, someone singing.
Speaker 3: But online it's hard doing it all together, syncopated.
Speaker 1: You have to actually have friends. That's the and that's probably why it failed. Yes, because actually this was the proliferation of smartphones with which isolated us from friends starting around to we hang out with people.
Speaker 3: This was this was the minds predicted. Starting around twenty twelve, people stopped having real friends and they had online friends.
Speaker 1: Dude, we are obsessed with it. And I have to say, I am so Chris and I are both competitive. I am so better. No, he's he's very, very good. We started on the same level. We both haven't played in ten years. You can kind of tell he's probably better than me back in the day. He's just better at hand eye coordination things. He's a natural born athlete in NBA is what I call him. But he he just is good that that stuff. He's already doing songs on hard very well, like seventy to eighty percent.
Speaker 4: Stop you right there, You actually play guitar. I remember when I played that game. I didn't like it because not because I sucked or whatever, but even when I was trying to practice, I was like, this is nothing like playing guitar.
Speaker 1: It's more like, no, it is a percussion instrument. It is. It is exactly. It's like playing bass a lot of times because it's not on the guitar rhythm even when you push guitar, because you can choose bass. But guitar is most it's mostly it's it's not even a lot of the songs suck, like some songs are right on, and you get to go like, lord, I was born a rambling man brain ernie like it'll but then sometimes it'll be like bang baner name, but it'll be like bme bear instead of and so you'll vote deanner name and then you'll fuck up and you're like, why am I playing the weird bass lick to this? Whatever? There are some songs that are great and so fun. Hotel, California. We play five times a day. We're getting very good at it. We've advanced from easy too hard in a very short amount of time. But I am like, I'm looking at that score the entire time. And now I started to realize I think he looks at the score too, because we both know exactly what we've done at the end. And there's a lot of things about guitar that I don't like. Like if Chris oftentimes I will get a better percentage of all the notes hit, I will have a better streak run, but he will beat me because he goes he does the wah wah thing of like, or he'll get like the right streak, so then he'll start getting double points sooner, and it bugs me. I think it should be a meritocracy of who does better and that should be what we celebrate. But sometimes he wins and gets more points because of all these little tricks he's doing. We need to learn those. They confuse me. And man, it's it is very different than guitar. But I started crying probably a week ago because we you can calibrate the so you're pressing the guitar part where like and sometimes people like it's it's lagged behind because it has to. It's a guitar that's connecting with the thing, so there's a lag on it. So you can calibrate your gondar and we were trying to like and it gives you a beat kind of like a metronome, and you have to go with the beat, and it sees if you're off or not. And I have bad rhythm, Chris had Chris. Dad just tells you a bad rhythm you don't have all the time because Dad's jealous because you have good rhythm. But yes you do. You do. See you've been infiltrated. Dad has made you believe something about yourself. That isn't true, because.
Speaker 2: Dad, no, I really don't rhythm.
Speaker 1: Well, you can try it on a guitar Hero and find out if you have bad rhythm or not. I started crying. Chris was like, what's wrong? And I was like, I try to be good. I'm bad at everything. Everyone is naturally better at everything in me. I started going down a whole spiral because of guitar Hero.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and I don't think.
Speaker 1: And then he explained to me I. He goes, you might have great rhythm, but you're actually doing it on the right time. But there's a lag because as communicate with the PS three then the TV, like there is a you could be right on. I think I purposely lag because I'm used to video games. I played them so much as a kid. I know that the is it perfect. So he tried to he talked me off the ledge. He's not even so to speak literally, he talked me off the ledge of like you're not flawed, You're okay. But I started just going down like it made me question everything because I have bad rhythm. Because if you have bad rhythm, you should just give up being a performer. Okay, I will, You don't have that. So then I started watching YouTube videos where it was like this African man teaching kids how to do rhythm to see if because I guess rhythm is something you can learn. Rhythm is the dancer that's a song?
Speaker 2: Oh, rhythm is a dancer.
Speaker 1: Why is is that a name of a dancer in the song?
Speaker 2: Said Taylor Swifts?
Speaker 3: No, certainly not but two thousand songs or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mom, have you been listening to Taylor Swift?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: As much as I can, as as much as Dad lets you kind of. Dad doesn't love Taylor Swift, but he can't say it. He does he he actually has to act like I think he can't say it, not because he doesn't want to offend us, but because he knows he's wrong, and he knows that he doesn't like her, because he's just jealous. She's as good as the Beatles, And I think that's why he can't say something. Dad, if you're listening, that's my theory. It's not that you actually don't like her, it's because you sense that if you don't like her, you know you're wrong, but you don't like her for other reasons.
Speaker 5: Upon if he starts liking her, it'll make him look like he was Yeah, he's given up on the Beatles, yes, like okay, like, but.
Speaker 1: Why is there a competition? And if it was a man, I think people would have no problem giving this to her. There's so many articles that came out this year that at the end of the year that said, this is the year of oversaturation of Taylor Swift. This is the year Taylor Swift became so annoying. And I've heard the times of the year though, yes, and people don't. I have to think. I know it's a woman thing, and that's okay because women benefit in many ways from being women. But I also believe that this is a thing that people can't stand a woman getting this much attention.
Speaker 3: It happens to men to like, look at Dane Cook.
Speaker 1: Yes that's true too, Yes, yeah, that is a good point. I thought Dane Cook was on. Did you watch the Chapelle's Special yet?
Speaker 3: No, there's a special? What a new one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What a closer? Or I'm not the Closer? Sorry it's called The Dreamer.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I haven't. I gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about it next week. Yeah, Netflix, Okay, we'll get into that and your trip. We got to go because I gotta go get botox in my I'm getting a lip flip and I'm getting into my jawline and I'm getting in my neck for my singing.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, do not do that?
Speaker 1: What where do they do that? They do in your neck? It's it's for aesthetic purposes because your neck is so muscly and strained that this can cause a lot of lineage. But I'm doing it because I want I keep so much at tension in my neck. So I'm wondering where it'll go if I don't put in my neck and I go to my abs or something.
Speaker 2: Did you worad about this or no.
Speaker 1: I got consulted by Curran's girlfriend is a a doctor esthetician. She's a literal empty and she was like, oh you should just You're a great candidate for the lip flip. And I used to get it all the time, but I just want a fuller lip again. So everyone look forward to that. I'll see you next week. It might not even work by then. I think botox six two weeks so, but just look for it. It'll be there. Look go to our YouTube channel. If that incentivizes you, go sign up for that. Comparing contrast this week to then, like look at my lips right now, yeah, and now look at them next week. And also if you get these marionettelines and around your jaw, it's this is always pulling on your lower lip constantly. So women, just women and men just tend to get a scowl because this muscle from your master your jawline is pulling down on your lips. And when that becomes botox your lips even it raises your eyes. So my eyes might see a lift because I'm getting botox on my Jawlnes, she explained it. I don't really understand it, but I'm you're excited because I am desperate for an eyelid.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they know that at your place.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk to them about it.
Speaker 2: Knows everything.
Speaker 1: Nayak Is. I love them and I trust them with my face. If you're in Sant Louis, nayak isy end me saying I love them. What.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the place in New Hampshire is called Dicksville Notch and it's the first the first city in America that releases its American presidential voting results every year and the population currently is four, so four people vote at midnight and they say kidding me, Yeah, that's that's Is this a joke? No, this is they're clamp to fame.
Speaker 1: Why would anyone.
Speaker 3: Goes down?
Speaker 1: Don't take this from them, don't Four.
Speaker 3: People vote and they go, we voted.
Speaker 1: Where's Old Hampshire? Oh, I guess that's in England? Is it? It probably is your Hampshire, York Old Hampshire, Old Hampshire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got all the news New Mexico.
Speaker 2: All right, that's good.
Speaker 3: You look that up.
Speaker 1: That's great, Thank you so much. Follow up on some more things, and go see me on tour. I'm coming to Florida Fort Pierce in Atona Beach next week next weekend Friday and Saturday. I think it's the eighteenth and nineteenth. And also go back and watch an old episode of I Can See Your Voice that's on Fox that's airing tonight, but it's this won't come out until the day after I apologize for that, so it was last night is I Can See Your Voice. And then you should also watch another Fox reality show called We Are Family that I hear is really really good for it during I don't know what week you should watch it, but I think you should just watch every week because I think there's gonna be tons of celebrities. Apparently it's a show where a celebrity relative performs and then you have to guess who the celebrity who that person's relative. The relative sings, and then there's a celebrity behind a curtain kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Is there money involved?
Speaker 1: I think there's money involved for a studio audience of people who guess who that was, the studio audience guessing it's not people at home. Oh wow, you get fun as I would make. It's like mass singer, but instead of a mask a big thing, it's someone's dad. Oh potentially wow, or a brother or a cousin. But I hear so many celebrities are on it, and maybe even ones that you or I know.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to call we Are Family. Yeah, it's Channel. I think it's on Fox. I'm almost yes, it is on Fox because Fox does reality shows almost the best. I love the Mask Singer. I love keep keep.
Speaker 3: Wait what it's just saying a celebrity that Palmer.
Speaker 1: It could be Key Key Palmer, who her? It could be her cousin?
Speaker 2: Who's key Key Palmer?
Speaker 1: Uh? I don't I don't know. Okay, all right, I don't is she is she married to someone famous too?
Speaker 3: No podcast?
Speaker 2: That's a guy.
Speaker 1: And she's got a pot Oh yeah, you guys, she's got a podcast. We were yeah, we were mentioned alongside Key Key Palmer's podcast show.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 1: Today Show did a list of the twenty one funniest podcast and we're on the list. You are kidding, We are not kidding the I am not, I am not, but you're good. All right, bye, guys, thank you for listening. Uh, don't pic and just watch. I can see your voice in All in the Family. New Fox shows that I'm not paid to promote, but I think you should watch them.