Speaker 1: Now it's time to welcome former Pro Bowler Defensive Rookie of the Year. I think he won that award and he is the Super Bowl, won the Super Bowl? Uh, Devin White, Las Vegas Raiders?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 3: You can't you can't hear he muted? Right now? What's good? What's good? Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's what's up? Hey, hey man, thanks for coming on with us. Oh for sure, man, pleasure man, appreciate that.
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 3: Man? What'shop baby?
Speaker 4: What's good?
Speaker 3: Man? Just cooling, man, just cooling.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: I don't mean to be I don't need I don't mean to be thinking ahead. But I was just talking with unk, right and then a certain player. I love what y'all have on offense, right, but I mean no disrespecting them boys, but we would just talking about next year, right. What you think about George Pickens over there in Las Vegas? Tell me that doesn't fit you? See listen, stay with me, stay with me real quick. You see how mac crosby being a Raider it just fits his demeanor, who he is, what he represents.
Speaker 4: What you think about, what you think about words stick, it's over there.
Speaker 2: He definitely got that charisma. I told you, I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Man, Okay, we can get back. We can get back to business. That's it.
Speaker 3: Devin. You gotta help me understand this.
Speaker 1: With all the early success that you had at Tampa Pro Bowls, All Pros, Rookie of the Year, when the Super Bowl, I thought you were a lifer because you fit the Derrick Brooks, you fit the Rendez Barber, you fit the John Lynch, you fit the Warren Sapps. A physical football player, dample known for defense. They're physical, Lee Roy and salm arrested soul, physical defensive player.
Speaker 6: Why and then and then?
Speaker 1: I know you heard If you didn't hear, somebody sent you with Jason Light said, had I known what I know now, probably wouldn't even I wouldn't have taken it.
Speaker 3: What went wrong?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 6: Why and how weren't you able to finish your career in Tampa?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Personally, I think they just weren't ready to, you know, give up that bad You know, I obviously know it was time after my fourth year. You know, everybody knew the numbers I put up, the accolades I had, and I wasn't trying to be selfish, but I was just I wanted what was due.
Speaker 3: You know. I felt like I did everything right there from on the.
Speaker 2: Field, off the field, in the community, being a team captain every year, and when I asked to get me, you know, I got looked at crazy, you know, and I just I don't know why. You know, nowadays, players getting paid after three years, they'll go in the first round. And I had to go fight it out on the fifth year option for what when I already had, you know, even with Levante David Dog on the team, I led the team, and I led the team in tack because you know, I got turnovers and you know, made big plays. And then obviously, like you said, for him to come out and say what he said, man, we hosted a Super Bowl Trophy together, so none of that mattered.
Speaker 3: You know, well, he know he'll do.
Speaker 2: It again because I helped him, you know obviously, you know on that run that we made.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like I was a key part of that. You know, no cocky work.
Speaker 2: If you look at the numbers and the stats, like oh, I missed the playoff game and had the most tackles in the postseason out of any player.
Speaker 3: And I missed one game. I missed the Washington game. Go look it up.
Speaker 2: And on the next three games, I was double digit tackles every game and you know, getting it in for real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know you know it too, and and and Elde. This is one of the things I don't like about it. Don't like about the business side of things, even even with the numbers, even when you do things right, not only on and off the field, when it comes when it's time to get paid, when it's time to get paid, they always look at your funny. They look at everybody funny, even those that have the numbers, even though.
Speaker 3: They have the stats.
Speaker 5: And it's the same conversation with the better players on each team all the time, every year.
Speaker 4: Is the same thing. You always have to fight tooth and nail for your value. You always gotta fight tooth and nail for what you're worth.
Speaker 5: Despite putting up the numbers, they gonna find something, They're gonna put something in your contract, They're gonna they're gonna they they're gonna talk to your aging crazy and just just I don't know, I hate that side of the business. But listen, I'm glad you got what you deserve and and you're doing your thing.
Speaker 1: How disappointed were you because, like you said, you hoisted a Lombardi trophy in your building together. You you the ups and the downs, and you you know, you had some setbacks, and you like you accomplished all these things. And I'm sure because when we had you on my own show, you talked about, Hey, I'm gonna be a life and you know, like Sam and I see Brooks then when they come around and I see their names up in the stadium, that's what I want for That's what I want for d White.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I was very disappointed, just you know, like I said, I'm always piggyback off the one tape.
Speaker 3: You know, he do everything right. That's my big brother, like to this day.
Speaker 2: And I thought I was coming in to like take over the roll and be the next grade one after him. Obviously he still ain't slowing down. He's still going And bro we both made All ProTeam together. We was always in the top one hundred together and led the team and tackle us together. And I just thought I was gonna just be his successor. But you know, at the end of the day, I was very disappointed. Man, because that's somewhere I wanted to be. But that also made made my hurt hurt a lot worse because I had already started counting my eggs that didn't have yet in Tampa, and I was and I was down in like I got I still got a place there, and I was about to buy another spot across from my place to just add on and just make this my forever home.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be my home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when that don't happen like that, man, that hurt. That hurt a lot. But I mean it is what it is.
Speaker 1: When you found out Tom Brady, because there all of a sudden it started to be speculation Tom Brady might be signing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 6: You're like, hold on, Tom Brady. That was in New.
Speaker 1: England, tom Brady, you about they got just won six Super Bowls and ben to nine, that's been to all these super Bowls and got all these accolades. He might be coming to Tampa for hold up, best stop playing y'all for real, Tom Brady might be coming to Tampa. Because if you look at it, you guys had an outstanding season. James turned the Jameis had through for five thousand yards. But it's hard for a defense to overcome thirty plus turnovers from one player. And I'm sure you thought in the back of your mind, man if man Tom Brady, he don't turn the ball over with this defense, boy, it gonna it's gonna be tough for somebody to beat us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we knew getting him that we could be really good, you know, just him just being in complete control of the offense. You know, the turnovers did help. You know, James did a lot of great things. Saluted him, you know, but we was the number one run defense team in the NFL my rookie year. You know, we was kind of hit a missing the past. You know, we was kind of in the middle of the bunch. So we just knew we were just missing, missing a complete offense to be able to go do it. And then obviously, you know, him coming there bruns a lot of expectations that people was willing to rise to the occasion.
Speaker 3: You know, That's that's another thing.
Speaker 2: When you get a person like him in the building, your play level just go up times twenty got you know what I'm saying, because you want to meet his standard. You know, he got a certain standard about himself, you know, being on the team, being in the building, and you know you just kind of want to be all in. Then obviously we had got some key guys. You know, we got this tight end. You know, we had got a great receiver out of Florida. You know that ended up helping. You know, we had a couple of d line and come in to really kind of put our defense solidified defense, and we was rocking out. You know, we had a lot of young guys on defense too. But you know that's part of it. You know, people just getting thrown in the find just and accepting the role and going to go get it.
Speaker 1: What were your practices like were they challenging? Because were you talking smack to him and he talking smack to y'all? You guys, because it seemed like, you know, you got Tom Brady, you have those risks, you got God, when you got Mike hervis Ab, you got grownk you know, hey, you don't want to get blissed.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all in fit to do that?
Speaker 1: What y'all been doing to them, y'all infit to do that does And they're like, well, what y'all did to that team? Y'all nothing to do that does and so y'all just going back and forth, and so you're raising each other's level.
Speaker 3: I think I think the best part about it was it was two things.
Speaker 2: I say, the secondary wanted to get a pick off Brady, Like we knew you could pick.
Speaker 3: Him in the game, so you want to try to get it in and practice.
Speaker 2: And then I think for just an overall defense, we had to be able to disguise like harder than ever because he had seen so many looks in his life. So that what made our defense even better. We was able to disguise and play different coverages from different you know, different looks, and I think that helped us, like you know, on the back end of the season, because we just had got so much better. We was grooming ourselves to perfection with our disguises because you got to trick him somewhere because you don't see it.
Speaker 3: And I think and I think that helped.
Speaker 2: Like even I remember in the playoffs and to go to the championship, we was playing Aaron Rodgers was playing trap coverage where the linebackers running out on cover and holding the number two receivers. I'm running with one tape on our routes and stuff, and we sending you know, boundary pressures and you know you can't pick it up because you don't know who dropping, you don't know who's going. And that's one thing our credit to Todd Bose is he never stayed the same weekend week got He always added to that playbook, adding to that playbook you're in.
Speaker 1: You go to Philly, really don't work out us? Like man, you know he'd be good and feeling Why why? Okay, well tell us why?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't know though, truthfully, you know, I feel like I feel like I went there with a fresh mind. You know, I was around a bunch of guys that I you know, that was in my high school class that I already knew, and I went there, you know, just go, you know, just go get it back on track, you know, coming off that foot injury. My fifth year went to all the OTAs. That was new for me, you know, being in Temple with an older team. We didn't really do many OTAs.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: My second year was COVID. Third year or fourth year, we had you know, Tom Brady, he didn't he wasn't, you know, he did his own thing. So we did our own thing on defense. So I was pretty much locked in. You know, I started every game, I mean started every practice of camp OTAs. I was there, and you know, after the second game, I'm in second preseason game, you know, they called me up, you know, coach Vic. You know, they say we're gonna go into COVID and hey, hey, I do what y'all gotta do? You know, I said, I asked him, what did I do to you know, keep this job? That out and had all screen. He said, this is just the decision we're going with and I respected it. You know, hats off to Zach and COVID. Still, my guys, I was still in there for four weeks, you know, just giving them all the you know, the.
Speaker 3: Gym that I had. You know, they was playing New Orleans.
Speaker 2: I was familiar with them, and I was just being a pro about the situation. That's why you never heard nothing bad come out of that situation. It just it just wasn't the fit. You know, I wasn't who they wanted. And respectfully, you know, we moved on and it is what it is. You know, I don't do well on it. You know, I still got incentive about that Super Bowl run, So.
Speaker 3: God is good. You know, I was on the count for four weeks. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a rough start for you and for the team in Vegas. You got Jamal Adams who moved from safety. He was a safety now he's a linebacker defensive. You got Max Cross, but everybody knows what Max brains to the table. So so tell me what's the transition been like for you from Tampa to Philly. Now you're here the Raiders, and you know the Raiders, you know Al, I know they got a lot of slogans. His famous thing is the quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest transition is just, you know, it's just a different style of play than what I'm used to. You know, I always been assimilated pressure type of guy, from uh Dave around in college to Todd Bows in the NFL and just coming to this new scheme and just kind of, you know, being a little more zony. You know, it's been different from me. And you know, I started off playing Mike, you know, Mike and Will I was rotating the first couple of weeks because we we were trying to get different guys on the field. You know, we had Jermaine Pratt, I Rob Jamal and myself, so I was the guy that was going for Mike, Mike and sub and I was playing will and base and then I was a dime line back and so stuff ended up didn't working out with my guy Pratt, you know, he went on to the coach with his old defensive coordinator from Sincy.
Speaker 3: And now I'm back at will.
Speaker 2: And that's why Roam and my first game at straight will this past we run got them out.
Speaker 3: I was able to go get it, you know. So that's that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: You know, that stuff happened how it happened, but you know, you just always find the good in it. But at the end of the day, man, I think we we we can hit a stride. You know, we're starting to find out our identity. You know who we are because you got coach Pete and you got coach PG. They clashing together, two good defensive minded guys, you know, trying to find the identity and that I think that's what's going on.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: The thing that I was always impressed with you, dev is that your ability to close the suddenness. I mean when you like when they when they bring you on pressure you, I mean you get you arrive in a hurry, and you're arriving with bad intentions. I mean when you when you get to that point, bad things normally happen for the opposing player. So what is your mindset when it's like you said, they sent you on a blessing. You like, I'm a pressure I'm a pressure mike, I'm a pressure will I'm a pressure mike backer. Yeah, because Todd blitch you a lot.
Speaker 6: He knows he gonna get you on the line on a.
Speaker 2: Running back, I'm gonna win.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing, you know, just growing up one from small town, I never played for a coach who played the game until I got to the Buccaneers. With with all my coaches there, they all played the game. That was the first time. So I was able to just add more tools to my bag. And I think that was one of the things. They was like, Bro, you got speed and you just got a billity a knack for the ball. You know how to go get it, And man, I took pride on it. I was like, well, look, I'm gonna focus on this because turnover was winning games, you know, So obviously with him blixing me is like, hey, go get the ball, and don't just go get a sack.
Speaker 3: Go get the ball.
Speaker 2: And then obviously when I'm in coverage, you know, that's that's the main thing too. But you know, just as far as just being a guy who can go get sacks, you know, I think I've done that well since my you know, since I entered the Leak entered the NFL. I think I got the most off ball sacks as a linebapper with like twenty four five. So and that's missing a year of ball last year. So man, look, hey, I just hey, I can go get it. I take pride in it. You know, when I went to go sack Kim Ward, I was thinking ball the whole Like, you know, you get a sack, but a sacked plumber better.
Speaker 1: Wait, exactly, it's just not good enough to get the quarterback down. If I can get this ball while I'm at.
Speaker 4: It, what is it? What has it been like?
Speaker 5: The difference obviously living in Tampa, you know, for a while as opposed to being in Vegas, You're like, Vegas better.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I ain't gonna sound like Vegas the dryness, But I think Tempa. You know, I'm a country boy, so you know, just being in Tempa, it was a city field, but it wasn't too big, you know, the life.
Speaker 3: Wasn't too big. It was still fell homey to me.
Speaker 2: And obviously being there five six years, I can drive around Tempa with no GPS, you know, just being there so long. Yeah, I think I think that that's still han't settled in, you know, and just being out here. I'm still new, still learning, but I mean it's nice out here. The biggest thing from both cities no state income tax. That's a blessing right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, your month of your living expenses is saved in the taxes that you would have paid had you been somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Trying to tell you so now to get because you love horses. I love horses, but you can't bring them out here. But well, out here it's driving to.
Speaker 4: Dry.
Speaker 1: You got, if I'm not mistaken, I think you got American saddle horses, marriage stander breads stand bread stand the bread. So you got working horses. Yeah, obviously you can raise them on the track. You can do a lot of pleasure round with them. I do both, and I tapped into this umbage world. I'm with the Umige community.
Speaker 2: They do a lot of buggy horses with these stand up bread so they're not just one dimensionalm You got to know people, what.
Speaker 3: What what what? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Hold on buggy? What the hell you? Hey? Whatever, it's good And that's what I'm trying to be.
Speaker 2: You know that people they don't go by Richard Miller's and phones and all that they spend. They they spend their green on horses. So I'm trying to be a part of that culture. Took They eat man, horses eat you out of house at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, checking out sweet feed you know.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: But the but the Armish community, you know, they take pride on horses. Horses are their cars. So yes, you know, instead of them going to buy their wife a new Porsch, they go buy them a new nice horse to drive to church and to the stores and you know, whatever function they have and to their family houses. So I done got there real big with with a bunch of Armish communities and and I'm making my mark over there.
Speaker 3: So that's probably where's the Armis community that they got an Armis community in the Louisiana town.
Speaker 2: I'm in Illinois, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio. Yeah, states like that they up there.
Speaker 4: Oh ain't. Ain't you ride horses?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm like that. I'm like that.
Speaker 2: I rode a horses across Raymond James after we want the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Okay, riding to now?
Speaker 2: No, Now you're going to Mexico and ride when you just you Cadillac it, I'm doing No.
Speaker 4: I ride for real.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna tap, We're going. We're going thirty mile power, not even moving in the seat. That's the type of riding we're doing.
Speaker 5: That ain't what you might want to google me, Mandy.
Speaker 4: I ride horses. I ride PBR bulls. I ride for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he do a little, he do a little up there, Dell.
Speaker 1: But you got to tell the backdrop of the story of the horses and how you got in the store horses because you you were dealing with something, you went through something in your life, and horses helped you. Helped you deal with that. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Just being in a small town where I come from, you know, growing up, man, it ain't really much to do around now. A lot of people that's what a lot of people do, you know, But growing up I end up losing my brother at a young age. I want to say, I was like eight or nine years old, and that's just what I used. The COPD and you know, you could be at the barn, you know, you take a lot of off your mind going to ride and stuff. Man, So I think that horses has always been a good coping factor for me. And then now you knows, just as I got older, you know, I enjoyed. You know, my son enjoyed. And man, we kind of make a hobby out of it. You know, we go to events around the world, you know, Tennessee, Louis in the Texas, Mississippi, I guess on the south, the south end of the world, and we go back and we have fun. Man, we do it for pleasure. But at the end of the day, man, we out there and join ourselves. So hors has been a big part of my life and probably gonna continue to do it, and more guys in the league starting to starting to get to him. I got Ed Oliver do it. It's able to get he on it. The mere White that played with the Raiders, he own it. And you know Xam Howard, he just retired to be with his kids. But also he done got into these horses too. He down there in Miami, but he from you, but he got he got all this horses in Miami and I sold him some horses.
Speaker 3: So that just let you know, like, hey, it's getting real around Hey.
Speaker 5: Wait what hey, what's what's the number on them horses? Were we talking about?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 3: Depends? Man, We'll get you some pino by twenty gree you know, little something.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, but but to tell them the other part about how much the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, they eat a lot though.
Speaker 2: Then in Miami, you know, y'all ain't got the best resources for hey and feed y'all got to get it shift in you know, like we do in the South.
Speaker 3: We grow it, you know what I'm saying. So it'll be a little more spacis.
Speaker 2: But it's worth it though, you know, when you when you've got something that brain, you piece, money don't matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right back that My daughter, man, I don't I don't know where it came from you.
Speaker 4: In the city, the fact that she loves horses so much.
Speaker 2: Hey, but we got to show you about these standing breads though. Bro, it's way smoother, you know. You can you can ride at a higher speed, you can bring it down and slow. I'm gonna send you some videos. You're gonna be very You're gonna be very pleased with the work. You know, a lot of people don't know it about standing breads because they do a lot. You can do jumping with them, but you also can teach them. What we do is single foot, you know, speed raging, single foot. I'm gonna teach you about that. Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna put your own you know, new clients.
Speaker 3: See you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You are you gotta so how many horses do you own now?
Speaker 3: By sixty something?
Speaker 6: Sixty?
Speaker 3: But I'm in the business though, I'm in the bit. I'm wanting to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Oh so you breathe, sell and all that other stuff. Yeah, I'm just collect I'm doing it for real. I got a whole good line.
Speaker 3: Stay with the ll C. We're doing it for real.
Speaker 1: So do you have do you have any pulling horses, shires anything like that?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: We just got straight, Like I said, the buggy horses with the Armies world. I got the pleasure horses that I do, and then obviously we got the racehorses on the track. That's pulling the bugget. But they they they racing, they racing them.
Speaker 3: Oh you got them all like like yo plight joke. He got the same mor standard bread y'all. Yeah, you go. You know that.
Speaker 5: Give me a good idea since you got horses Christmas coming up.
Speaker 4: My daughter loves horses. So you know what I'm finna do.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put it in the game.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk on the back we call it the back line, gonna put all the business on front street.
Speaker 3: Let you boy, yes, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Are you are you gonna get the fair brands? Maybe get to the Derby or something? Man, maximum one. I told Max, let me get this next contract. We can we can do something we can do. I mean to get some good blood lined. Then you know you gotta about you got to come out a billy or two.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, he making thirty five a year, he got it. I'm just I'm gonna just make it. I'm gonna oversee everything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm a big department. Make sure he don't get screwed. No, well, we'll be at the dirtman by two or three years. Check us out. Have you ever been to the Derby? Nah, I've never been. I just told him, Man, if I go, I want to host it. One year, they let Von Miller host it, and he do chickens. He don't do horses. So I felt disrespected because I'm.
Speaker 6: A real horse.
Speaker 3: That should have been your call. Yeah, that should have been me.
Speaker 2: So whenever they let me host it, I'll be there because I can talk about them, you know, I can give you a live update on what they doing. I actually did it when I first came out at the New Orleans Track, and I think I did a good job, and I put the suit on and everything.
Speaker 3: So I'm ready to take that next step.
Speaker 2: So if y'all see this, invite me to the derby, you know, and I got y'all, it's gonna be a great experience because I actually know horses and I'm an athlete myself.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about your college. LSU good. You think you guys got a chance to make the college football Playoff? Can y'all win the SEC?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think we do. Man, we gotta we got a real good defense. Man.
Speaker 2: We get our quarterback healthy, you know, obviously he was one of the best quarterbacks going into this thing, but kind of battling some injuries. But I think he gonna shape back, and you know, he gonna get us back on track. But as long as our defense keep getting turnovers and holding people out, and we're gonna be pretty good.
Speaker 6: Man with devy, Man, congratulations on your journey.
Speaker 1: Man. Look, if things don't always look God don't make no mistakes. He put you, and you went through what you went through. You're stronger for it. I'm happy for you. Continue success, stay healthy, and you know, when you stay healthy and keep doing what you're doing, you know what's on the other side.
Speaker 3: Man. I'm trying to get one of them them goal things. Man. That's how it's important to me. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's all that's important to me that we played this game for Man, all the other stuff gonna come.
Speaker 3: We already been blessed tremendously, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Just gonna keep having fun and making sure we're doing things the right way.
Speaker 3: Man, So I appreciate y'all for having me. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have any other other but you don't have anything else chicken, pigs, just man.
Speaker 3: No, I just do horses. Man. I got dogs, but man, they just.
Speaker 6: What kind of dogs you got?
Speaker 3: I got blue heelers.
Speaker 2: I got blue Australian cattle doll they know so, and I just got them a company.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't even work them. I just got them just to have company on the fall because I got like eighty acres back in Louisiana. And this off season I plan on buying like one hundred another hundred that's not too far.
Speaker 3: And man, that's what I do. Man.
Speaker 2: I like being where it's peaceful. That and I still got my land in Florida too. I go out there and train, And I got a born out there in Odessa on the backside of Tempa, And I go out there train, taking horses and enjoy myself out there in the summer time as well. So even though you know they got rid of me in Tampa, I still got.
Speaker 1: My still got roofs there. You still got got my roots there. All right, man, congratulations on and all your success. Stay healthy, man, and come back and talk to us again.
Speaker 3: Den.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, man, appreciate you. Devin White, linebacker for the Las Vegas Raiders. Uh I misspoke earlier. Uh what's the dude name? Nick Bosa was Defensive Rookie of the Year the year they came out, but he had.
Speaker 3: He was off to an unbelievable start. Oh Joe, he was.
Speaker 1: He was, He's still and he's he's starting to look back. And as I'm watching the Raiders, he's starting to look again like the Devin White that you remember, uh, when he was when he first got to Tampa. Sudden impactful, you know, dropping in the coverage and blessing the linebacker. He's getting back to that Devin White, and I'm glad to see I'm glad to see him find a home, uh being. I think Grantham is the d C and the Pete Carroll, both defensive guys understand how to use linebackers and coverage and the disguise things.
Speaker 3: So the congratulations.
Speaker 1: Joe Kayler Williams says he and Troy Aikman didn't have a uh their usual production meeting before Monday night game. Let's take a listen to what he had to.
Speaker 2: Say last week leading to the game.
Speaker 7: I did not, I did not. I didn't get to meet with him, tried to meet with him. Uh and then you know, you know, reached out and tried to meet and you know that didn't that didn't that didn't happen and so you know, uh moved on from it when played the game and came out three and two.
Speaker 1: Why did you not me?
Speaker 7: I was here late and Tims didn't meet up lifting or whatever the case may have been, And then I tried to call him after the game and or not after game, after after the day that day that you know, I was supposed to meet with him, and uh then then didn't get through.
Speaker 3: Oh Jo picked up on this especially.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't listen to the sounds, so maybe you heard that he that Troy was very tough on Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: Is this something or is this nothing?
Speaker 4: No, I think it's nothing. I think I think.
Speaker 5: I think it's nothing. Just the fact that he wasn't available and didn't make it to the time.
Speaker 4: When they were scheduled to meet.
Speaker 5: Because the prior obligations I'm assuming that Kaylyn Winis might have had with the team. I'm sure like he did just say he was lifting, So whatever he was doing, he had prior, private, prior obligations. But I'm assuming they had a time they were supposed to meet and it just didn't happen. And due to that, I'm sure Troy was a little bit more a little bit more heavy on him game time because of it, because of his absence.
Speaker 1: Yet, look, I don't think it's gonna be no issue before, but it's there.
Speaker 3: It's there.
Speaker 1: It's very rare that the quarterback does not do production meeting. It's rare, almost unheard of, because that is the one guy. Because guess what they might look. They might talk to Miles Garrett and they're gonna talk to this, and they're gonna talk to that. But you gotta talk to the quarterback. Everybody always talk to the quarterback, no matter how good, bad, or indifferent he is. They grabbed the quarterback, and the quarterback normally make themselves available.
Speaker 3: Now, is it something moving forward?
Speaker 1: No, But whether it's something is there's a situation that maybe, like you know what you want to be and this.
Speaker 3: Is what you have to guard against, Ojoe.
Speaker 1: This is why I said I don't want to call games because if you're not if you're not careful, guess what, they won't send the players to do production meeting with you see doing do what I do. I'm not really you know, hey, I don't really need you to do my job. It's kind of hard if you're hard on guys and guys don't show up.
Speaker 3: You just imagine.
Speaker 1: Okay, you go to Kansas City and you can't get Patrick Mahomes, you can't get a Chris Jones, you can't get Travis Kelce. Okay, you go to the Cowboys, you can't get CD and you can't get Dak Okay.
Speaker 4: Now what, Yeah, that's that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 3: It makes it makes your Now do I think it's gonna be something? Do?
Speaker 1: I think the look they kind of send the message. Okay, bro, you're a little harsh now, but look, I like Caleb. I think Ben Johnson's gonna do for him. He's got even from the first time, the first game to now, you can see him getting better and better if you watch, if you're watching and you understand, you know the game. If you can't see that Cayler Williams are getting better and better, don't. I don't know what. I don't know what to take.
Speaker 4: I told you, I told you, I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: And the the fact that they played in the monsoon and in conditions that you don't really want to play in, and you still look the way you look, still happen to come back and win the game.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Keep stacking him that look, keep stacking him, keep stacking them. Like I said, I didn't, I don't. I don't listen to the sound, So I don't know what Troy said. I don't know because I don't need to listen to the sound because I don't want what someone else said to creep into my thoughts. And then I regurgitate what somebody saying, and all you do is listen. No, you hear me say something that's my thoughts now somewhere. I'm not saying that, only that everything that I say is unique, and nobody else might not have said or reference what I'm saying. That's not what I'm saying. But I'm saying I don't really, I don't want. I don't want someone else thoughts to creep into my head or y'all. Want to have my own individual thoughts, and I think the best way for me to do that is not listen to the sound.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're right, but you're right.
Speaker 1: But look, I think Kayler Williams is playing very well. I think Troy. Look, Troy is very canden. Now, he one of those guys. He played the position, he played at a high level. He won Super Bowls, he's a Super Bowl MVP, He's got a gold jacket, so he I mean, Troy is one of those guys. I mean, you know he'll glaze a little bit, but for the most part, he gonna give you his honest, honest.
Speaker 4: Taken it like it is. Yes, you're gonna tell it like it is.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Pat Bell goes off and blames the Lakers for Russell Westbrook being jobless. Now he does have a job. Now he had just side I think today with the Sacramento Kings. Here the bat Bell of talking about how crazy it is Russ's not having a job.
Speaker 8: That will happen to Russ. Bro on God, and that will happened to Russ, and Russ got a bad take because of that Lakers team. That's the truth, bro, that's the truth.
Speaker 4: You talk to Telu Tlud did interview with my mother.
Speaker 3: I love Russ.
Speaker 8: Ever since Russ left the Lakers, Bro, he's been on the minimum.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 8: We've never seen this ever, We've never seen a player who's been the MVP, who's impacted the game, who they call him names and tell me he can't shoot, go to the playoff shoot forty percent with the Clippers, the very next year. Right, take a less demeaning and roll with the Lakers. Take a less demeaning and roll with the Clippers. He's been a sixth man ever since he's left the Lakers. He's a starting point guard in the NBA. He's arguably one of the top three point guards to ever play the game.
Speaker 4: You tell me this man can't get on the team.
Speaker 8: All because he's because he's passionate, All because he he stretches with the team every single practice, All because if it's a team out and he's there all the time. All because if you talk to anyone around the league, Russ is the best teammate I ever have. I talked to Paul George IP you a Pat, You're gonna love Russ, Austin Reez, Russell Russwicks's best of the teamate, but one of the best teammates I ever had.
Speaker 3: What the are we talking about? Why isn't this man on the team?
Speaker 5: Hey, but that's tough, Yeah, especially when they come to back when it come to basketball stuff, especially situations like that, regardless of your athletes, regardless of your resume, regardless of what you have done, you have to how Pat bed feels about Russ and how his.
Speaker 4: Other teammates feel about him. You need the owners, you need the ones who write the checks to feel that way.
Speaker 5: The right guy's running the team, you need that's that's who you need to feel that way.
Speaker 4: And most of the time they never do.
Speaker 5: They never do when they feel they can get some type of production from someone else, give someone else a chance.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's the nature of the business.
Speaker 5: It happens in football, it happens in baseball, it happens in basketball.
Speaker 4: It happens in all sports.
Speaker 5: To some of the better players, regardless of resume, regardless of what they're accomplished in the past, there comes a time where they will pass you up regards to what you've done. Because that's that's that's why it's called business.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: He says, it's the Lakers, Okay, Cleveland, Baker Mayfield, he's with Cleveland. Yeah, and I'm sure Cleveland says some bad things about Baker Mayfield. What's Baker Mayfield doing.
Speaker 4: Now acting a cutting up?
Speaker 1: Okay, the Lakers, he said, Oh, he said, this man has been a sixth man and t lou my guy t Lub saying, I love Russ would why didn't they sign him back? He declined the option with the Nuggets. So are we not gonna he mentioned Russ shot forty percent from the three, So are we gonna take an outline of season or are we gonna talk take about what he's done his career in the playoffs from the three point line. So I'm just figuring out how the Lakers keep taking the blame. Okay, he went to Utah. Utah brought him out. He goes to the Clippers. Clippers could have resigned him after that year, they didn't. He goes to the Nuggets. They have an option. He has an option for three and a half four million dollars, whatever the case was. He declined the option. They move on. How is that the Lakers fault?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was when the Lakers when I heard, when I first started hearing rumors, I said, this is a bad deal. I said, Lebron and Russ won't work together. They both need the ball and it just won't work. Neither one a guy or catching shoot. Lebron knee shooters, Russ knee shooters. So it's not gonna work. But I'm just trying to figure out how how is everybody's fault. Russ is not. He's he's turnover prone. He's not a great shooter, he's not a great defender. Yeah, he's an energy guy. He's gonna play hard all the time, right, but at this stage of his career, he's not what he once was.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: I mean, it happens, but how is that? I'm just trying to figure out, how is it the Lakers fault? Do you not think you think people like, Oh, the Lakers said Russ can't play. Oh so we better not get it. I'm sure they said, so what about Baker? He went from Cleveland, he went to Carolina, he went to the Rams. That's three teams. Tampa said, okay, come on over here.
Speaker 4: We got you.
Speaker 3: At this point in time.
Speaker 1: Unless you still like that, they're only saying a handful of guys that have played as long as Russ. I mean, okay, you're looking at KD. Are we saying Russ and KD is the same? Looking Steph? Are we saying Stephan Russ the same Lebron? Are we saying Lebron and Russ are the same. We're talking about guys that played I think this is seventeen. I think this is seventeen for Steph, right, I think this is nineteen for KD obviously is twenty three. Come on, man, come on, y'all. Russ is great in the community. I love what he does with his foundation. I love how hard he plays. But come on, man, stop this.
Speaker 3: Man. Y'all know Russ is not the same player that he was.
Speaker 5: No, that's basically That's basically what I said too. In regards to what you've done, regards of how good you were, at some point everything declines and when it does the climb, they don't yes get in the past. They don't care about what you did in the past. What can you offer me right now? What you do to me right now?
Speaker 4: And you said he's not a great shooter. He's not a great shooter.
Speaker 5: He needs to handle the ball. So therefore, when you have issues like that have a role on certain teams, it decreases because there's no value based on what you bring to that team.
Speaker 4: As great as he was.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question about Joe.
Speaker 1: When you watch the NBA, what they doh.
Speaker 5: Threes A Just like the NFL, NFL now is a passing league. NBA everybody behind the arc, everybody, even the big man.
Speaker 6: If he if he if he wanted to get picked up, he could have picked.
Speaker 1: Up his option, right, But maybe he could have picked up the option with the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: He didn't what he wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe he felt he would have got more in the open market.
Speaker 1: Huh, Okay, that's what happened. So how's that the Lakers fault? That what he got on the open market. How long has it been since he was last with the Lakers three years and the Lakers are still being held accountable for us? It didn't work for whatever reason, it didn't work. That is not the first trade that a team is made that didn't work. I can assure you it will not be the last trade that teams make that don't work. But we can't keep holding the teams responsible because, like I said, I love t Lou, but t Lu say I love Russ. They didn't resign it. Why when he OpEd it out, the Nothings could have came back and says, okay that three point four is not enough. We got five. They didn't resign it. Why, so I guess they take it. They taking the Lakers. So if that is the case, why did the Clippers sign it? If that's the case, Why did the Nuggets? Nuggets sign it?
Speaker 5: Right, that's some bullgi a man, I love I love, I love rush too by.
Speaker 6: A rush rush, different type of game.
Speaker 4: Now, oh y'all, yeah, you're right, You're right. You know rush. Remind me Russell Westbrook. Ain't no, ain't no.
Speaker 5: Just the the basketball version of Steve Smith, basketball version of Steve Smith seniors always that.
Speaker 1: Last play for the Lakers with it twenty three because he left the Lakers and went But they traded him to didn't they traded? Did they traded? Lakers traded him right to Utah, who bought him out then went to the Clippers. I guess Utah don't want good players. I guess the Clippers don't want good players. I guess the Nuggets don't want good play m hmm. Russ is the first. Russ is a top seventy five player of all time said he's a Hall of Famer. Russ is the first ballot Hall of Famer. Two things can be true. Though he's not the same player. He's turnover prone, he doesn't play great defense. He's not a shooter.
Speaker 4: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. He don't play great defense.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't think about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, See, then he went to the Rockets, the Wizards, the Lakers, Utah, the Clippers, the Nuggets, not the Kings.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't take away from what he's done. He's a what nine ten times All Star? He's an All NBA player? What three four seasons of triple doubles? He did that All Star game MVP, He's done that, yeah twice. But oh Joe, I don't base. I base. Okay, I signed a player today. What can he do moving forward? I can't do anything about.
Speaker 4: That, right, You're not signing for the past.
Speaker 1: I'm not signing for the past. I'm signing for the future. And it's okay.
Speaker 3: If you play long enough, it'll happen to everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, has happened to some of the best. Is happening to some of the best.
Speaker 1: I just don't get how we just gonna keep I don't look like I said that for me. I didn't think that. I didn't think it was gonna work with Lebron and Russ, who was one of the few times that I've been very vocal like, nah, it ain't gonna work. But y'all keep saying you know, Oh, Shandon like Russ. Don't It seemed like the Clippers didn't like him either. Are you talking? You top allt him out? So y'all keep talking about with Shandon, What about the teams that says, you know what, we're good? Did that got anything that has anything any row? Did that play, does that play any role?
Speaker 3: Take shit.
Speaker 1: I can assure you these teams are not listening to what Shannon Sharp saying on this podcast. Every player, every basketball player that I've talked to, hold Russ in very, very high regard. He's a consummate pro. He plays extremely hard, he's very very philanthropic, gives back to his community, he's very engaged in the community.
Speaker 6: And that's right.
Speaker 1: But these teams like, Okay, how much can he help us win or compete for a title? That's what it comes down to. It ain't got nothing to do with no Lakers. It ain't got nothing to do about what he does, what he's done in the past. Teams are signing guys now what I believe he can help us do in the future. And I believe if teams thought Russ could really help them, somebody would have signed him to a deal sooner. Clearly, the King's like, well, we need a back up. We need a point guard, backup, point guard. And we'll see they got shrewd. H they got a couple of guys that was on the Lakers. They got shrewd. They got beliked monk. Now, Russ, we'll see how well they can blend out. I don't even know who who the coaches for the Kings now, Oh, Doug Christy, Yeah, he was in him and end up taking over. He took over Mike Brown and them. It ended up getting the job. So eighteen eighteen, let me, oh Joe, if somebody would have told Russ, Hey, Russ, you're gonna be able to play coming out, Well, let you play seventeen years. You think Rush say, nah, I gotta play twenty. Somebody tell you, oh Joe, we're gonna let you play ten years. That's what we're gonna let You're gonna give you ten years in the NFL. What you're gonna say, nah, I need twelve thirteen?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: You get the first year, then you say, man, boy if I can get me five, And then once you get to five, you say, boy, if I can just get you. And then once you get to ten, you take a year at a time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: You take it a year at a time. Russ got eighteen years, You're gonna get eighteen years in the NBA. A whole lot of guys got eighteen years of in the league.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Hey, some people you get to say you want to go, and some they're forcing force you out. Yes, you're very fortunate if you have ever in a position to be able to lead a game when you want to.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is ojo is the goal before they're ready to get rid of your ass, right, Yeah, that's the key.
Speaker 4: It's all about being self aware.
Speaker 6: That's the key.
Speaker 4: It's all about being self aware.
Speaker 3: Because eventually it don't matter. Eventually they don't want you to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, The question is do they hold the door open for you? You walk out on your own.
Speaker 4: Dang, and I'm happy to look.
Speaker 3: Huh, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say I have to disagree to I'm watching Rush he can play defense.
Speaker 4: I had to come back to that one, okay.
Speaker 1: According to Shans, Lebron is planning to take a patient approach with his injury and expecting to return around mid November. The Lakers open the season October to twenty first La has fifteen games between October twenty first and November eighteenth, before going on a four day break and then visiting the Utah Jazz November twenty third. What you think on yoll, Lebron is in year what twenty one three? Goddamn be forty one December thirtieth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lebron is in year twenty three, forty some years old, thirty thirty eight?
Speaker 3: Hold is he he'll be forty one?
Speaker 4: God damn listen.
Speaker 5: Take all the time you need, take all the time you need. Luca, He's gonna carry the torch for right now.
Speaker 3: And should be more than enough offensively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, you'll be fine. You'll be fine. We don't need, we don't need.
Speaker 5: We know what you can do. We know what you can do. You hear up, Come back and make sure you're on a hundred percent. We're gonna be all right. We're gonna hauld the fort down to you ready.
Speaker 3: Oh yo. Where As you get older, you just don't recover like you once could, or not not as fast. An injury that would keep you down a week keep your ass down two weeks to a month, andrey that will keep your ass down a month will keep you down two three months.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's hurt? What's hurt on him?
Speaker 3: You know? I think he did something in his glue, his glue.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I got hey.
Speaker 1: Lebron, it's something siataka. Yeah what is man? Get an epidor.
Speaker 4: It's his glue.
Speaker 1: You said it's sciatica, but it's uh uh it's pulsating in his glue.
Speaker 4: Oh man, dog, Hey Lebron, hits you boy, Man, I got something for that. Man. Yeah, huh An, Now get you some witch hazel up you hear me?
Speaker 3: Man, what're you trying to do? Take off make up?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I try to take on no makeup.
Speaker 3: Get you some which which haze is gonna do?
Speaker 5: Now listen you listen, I got to I got to cure for that. Get you some which haze on, some mayonnaise. I'm telling you I had. I had something like that too. Get you some witch haze and some mayonnaise. Man, please, boy, have you back?
Speaker 4: I have you back in no time. Lebron telling you you's.
Speaker 1: Got to be pretty severe because they started when they start when they start camp like like two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: So he's gonna miss two months basically two months. God damn.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm that means it's serious because Lebron's not one to miss no time, Nope, and he's not injury prone.
Speaker 1: You definitely don't trying to miss some time because you got left less of.
Speaker 3: It, right right. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: See when you're young, Oh, I do that tomorrow. If you notice that people start to get older, oo, they do less and less procrastinating because you realize you got less and.
Speaker 6: Less time time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: See when you young, you're like, man, man, I could do that tomorrow, I got this, I got that. You start to get over you start to come to the realization I ain't promised tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Nah, ain't no, aid, I don't.
Speaker 1: See nowhere when he say, hey, I got you, don't worry about it. You can do that tomorrow. Nah, let me go and do that today.
Speaker 3: Uh damn.
Speaker 4: Two months m hm.
Speaker 3: But that's side. Oin't nothing to play with. I had it. Yeah, I ain't nothing.
Speaker 4: Boy. Hey, you got to excuse me.
Speaker 5: You got to excuse me and my ignorance, the fact that my black ass ain't never been hurt. You got to tell me what the hell is a Sayattica.
Speaker 1: It's a nerve that runs down and what you I mean it a call pain and call your leg to go numb? Right you ever you walk bit sleep? Oh Joe, you try to get out the bed and your foot numb. Your leg numb, your foot you can't even walk like you got clept, like you gotta club foot.
Speaker 6: Okay, it'll calls that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, boy, have you sitting like this here in the chair? Man, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 6: Oh Joe? Have you walking sideways?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That's mess.
Speaker 1: Anybody that's ever had a side you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm told about that thing. You have your boy to make you cry.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I went, I went to go. I went to go watch my Sunda day. You know, he played.
Speaker 5: He played JV for Miami No Orland And you know how I am. I just I've just been through life. It might it must have been God's will. Went played in the NFL. I've never been hurt. I go watching him and play. Today one of the few wednesdays I've been off and didn't have to travel anywhere.
Speaker 4: He get hurt. He done broke its clamaical. We get we get to we go to the hospital. So he get hurt. He comes to the sideline. I'm on the game. I'm watching the game on the side.
Speaker 5: I say, man, that's wrong with you. Ain't nothing but a little grade grade one a c spring man, go ahead and get back in the game. Man, I can't move my arm. I came to my shoulder. So you know, kids freshman in high school, you think they playing around. You think you really haven't felt pain like that before. So I'm like, come on, man, come on now, stop being soft.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: We we go, we leave the game, we go, get an X ray. Man, it brokes clavical mm hmm. Come on, hey, hold on. After that, I got to I got to go to school tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Still, ain't done wrong with your leg, ain't done wrong with your mind. Hell yeah, you gotta go to school. Hey, you just hoping? Is it left or right? It don't appear if he left right here, be tough for him the right.
Speaker 5: I know it's it's it's his left shoulder, right right here. Straight and listen, Mama, say you're going straight to school. I know, I know he might be up saving. Get up, go to sleep.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're going to school.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we're gonna get you here on this one. It's time for our final saving of the evening, It's time for Q and A. Samuel Legras said, pat Ball, Miles well, brilliant skip, while he added he called the name Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 6: He did indeed, uh Saucers said.
Speaker 1: With Bron not returning until November or December, do you think he could possibly request the trade or finish his career.
Speaker 3: At a purple and goal?
Speaker 1: Lebron is one of the two players, one of the few players that have a no trade contract.
Speaker 3: He got nowhere unless he wants.
Speaker 5: To go, he can pull that off. Not everybody has that type of what's up?
Speaker 1: No, I think there's only two people that have no trade that kind of power.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's him and Bradley Beal waived his.
Speaker 5: Wait, how does he get in a position to be able to in near mind? Let me let me stay out of basketball business.
Speaker 3: People talk about the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Never know you know, you didn't want them the Lakers did y'all remember what the Lakers was like when Kobe was injured and Kobe's last couple of years, y'all know what it was like. I love how the Lakers pretended like, oh they were winding, we were gonna do it. Know you weren't you couldn't get anybody.
Speaker 3: You couldn't.
Speaker 1: You couldn't. Y'all need to stop this Laker fanst y'all knew what it was like when Kobe was hurt and y'all was pretending you couldn't get a free agent. Remember LaMarcus All just turned you down. You remember Dwight Howard wouldn't didn't resign with you. So I'm just trying to figure out who you was getting. You couldn't even get top free agents to come even when you had Kobe. So again I asked, in the most humble way, I know, how who are you getting? A Lebron only won won championship? How many championships did you win from twenty ten? From from when coch from when Kobe won that last championship until Lebron won that? How many years was in between that cob win the last title in twenty ten? Couple retired in twenty sixteen, Right, so how many playoffs wins did you guys have from twenty ten to twenty sixteen? How many? How many times did you even go to the playoffs? Interesting? Very interesting? No, Look, I don't know. Do I think Lebron's gonna request request the trade I don't. But if he's injured this year, this will be his last year.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody wants to go oh Joe, everybody wants to go out there. Let everybody wants to go out their way. I would have go out Ojo. It'd be great if I could go out and win a championship like John l Will, like the bus the bus stopped in Detroit. He's from Detroit. But win like straight hand and walk off into the sunset. Everybody don't get that. Everybody don't get that.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 1: And if somebody would have told Lebron a at eighteen bro twenty three, no player has ever played twenty three, let alone play that. First of all, no player, I mean Vince Bence played twenty two. But Vince was averaging what five points a game? Lebron everage twenty four and a half seven of them a half eight.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. That's how I know he's not retiring despite him being hurt right now.
Speaker 1: Ye, so to play it to be a full time starter. The man was a full time starter.
Speaker 4: Right, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: B p P.
Speaker 1: You guys are great, uh you you guys are great players? Are great players? Great regardless where they are or does landing matter definitely helps. I mean, you need teammates, you need great you need coaching. But had Michael Jordan not got Phil Jackson, would Michael Jordan still not be great. We might not look at him saying he might not have the amount of championships, he might not have any.
Speaker 6: We don't know.
Speaker 1: But before he got before he got Phil, was he not flying through the air? Was he not air Jordan before Field got there?
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't know how soon you get there with Tom had he not, had he had a different coach than coach Belichick, we don't know. We just know he had coach Belichick. He left coach Belichick, any one another one. That's that's what we know.
Speaker 4: M yep.
Speaker 5: What happens if he wasn't what if he didn't get drafted by New England, we don't.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: They kept Tom, they kept four quarterbacks because they saw something. Well, he's not ready to play right now, but I don't I think we should just hold on to it and let him get let him get reps, work on things, and he was able to get better and better.
Speaker 3: Put him in the pantheon.
Speaker 1: Kevin nor what Junior said, Uh, for tomorrow night's game, I'm rolling with the Steelers. Sorry, O Yo, I love you though, me too. What y'all rolling with who Steelers?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean that's fine. Listen, in life, everybody has a choice. It might not be the right one, but it's the one that they want and that that's that's that's something you got, you guys decided to do.
Speaker 4: May God be with you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Drew said, Oh, when you're gonna on up and say I was wrong about Baker, you called that man a buzz that was then so people not allowed to change. I was poor. I got out of that situation. So let me ask you a question. If he stays in Cleveland, is he still this Baker? Is he an MVP discussion? Drew, I'm just gonna ask if he stays in Cleveland or if he stays in Carolina, is he still this player? No, he's a Look the guy went first overall.
Speaker 6: He gotta have some talent down, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He went first overall. The Cleveland situation. He was tired of Cleveland. They were tired of him. They didn't like his leadership style. He didn't like the way they wanted him to lead. He needed to go somewhere where he could be Baker Mayfield, but he also needed to be surrounded by outstanding offensive talent.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was the void of that in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: So there are a lot of extenuating circumstances that led us to be this Baker Mayfield. No, he's not a bus He went to a Pro Bowl, so that in and of itself, like he wasn't a bus. But he was not living up to the number one overall draft pick in Cleveland. Now you understand why Cleveland took him. They just weren't able to surround him with talent like a Chris Godwin, like a Mecca, a Buka, like a Mike Evans.
Speaker 6: Like a Cade Arten. He didn't have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all make it seem like, oh, he's the same player. He had the same talent in Cleveland. Really, you think Cleveland would have got rid of Baker Mayfield if he had this exact same talent in Cleveland and playing the way he is in Tampa.
Speaker 4: He had some nice pieces over there, but nothing like Now.
Speaker 1: I mean, O'Dell wasn't O'Dell had came off those injuries. Oh, Joe, remember he towards knee. You remember he again he had broke his leg in New York. He wasn't the same.
Speaker 6: You need years to recover from that, old Joe.
Speaker 1: Now he has started to round back in the round back and started to look like the Odell when he got to the Rams, that back half. When he got to the Rams those last two or three games in the playoffs up until that Super Bowl, he started to looking like Odell. You single him. He was eating because that was remember that the same year that Cooper Cup had that trip of Crown, so people was giving all their attention to Coop. Now Odell got to eat. Baker's playing phenomenal, and I'm happy for him. Unfortunately Cleveland doesn't get to reap the benefits. Yo, Dutch, what's up, Joe?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: I would like y'all to give my nine year old son, little Antoine, a happy birthday. Shoutout downtown Buffalo past nation uh add twe happy ninth birthday.
Speaker 4: Every ninth birthday?
Speaker 3: Twe? What what are you gonna? What are you gonna? What are you gonna? Nine year old?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 6: What's what's the gift for a nine year old?
Speaker 3: Station?
Speaker 4: A PlayStation xbox? Matter of fact, Bill in the game billing the gaming rig a gaming rig billing MC gaming rig.
Speaker 3: What's the gaming rig?
Speaker 4: A PC? PC, two monitors TV.
Speaker 6: Oh oh so you can like like you can game and stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, okay, okayoop, hold help your damn yeah, start you started early, started early.
Speaker 4: Ain't gonna cost really, ain't really cost nothing.
Speaker 3: What's nothing?
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars about fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I showed wish I'll have me a gaming station. You get one of them on hot chairs like this like this, Oh, a chair like that. Yes, it's a game and chair with all with monitors like that, two or three.
Speaker 3: Monitors, yeah, right in front of Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh so I can have my number on the back of that that you hunt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get your nice little chair, put the eighty four on the back of that.
Speaker 5: Get your get your orange chair, you know, the little Denver Bronco chair, little theme.
Speaker 6: I can get you said, I can get the whole center for about fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 3: Hunt. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: I wish I could turn my camera around and so I can, so I can show you.
Speaker 1: M hm, that'd be so interesting if I can get about fifty nine hundred by show, get me a little game room, gaming room.
Speaker 4: But the funny thing, you don't need it because you don't game.
Speaker 6: I can't cause I ain't got nobody to buy no gaming station.
Speaker 4: I mean, but you won't. You won't gaming before.
Speaker 1: So you George said he's gonna eat building for But Jordan, like, you know, Jordan good with computers, George, that bag up?
Speaker 5: Oh so Joe, Yeah, Jordan already know Jordan already know so yeah.
Speaker 1: Here so another word, I could be on there, so with my gaming station, I could be on there playing against Kaile or shows I show speed Horse, get speed Hunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you told me you name your boga. But you've never played video games before, so I mean you wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Starting till I ain't got no I ain't got no setup.
Speaker 4: Well, you would have had a set up before, if it was a real.
Speaker 6: Gamer, if I had fifty nine hundred, I could.
Speaker 5: I mean, you want don't nobody started gaming in their fifties though. See I've been doing that. I've been doing this since I was nine.
Speaker 3: I ain't have fifty nine hundred when I was nine.
Speaker 4: That's why you ain't gaming now?
Speaker 6: I could?
Speaker 1: I mean, I want a game now. But see you wanted to Oh, oh we need to do something. There's people in this space. I try to get this space, and then fifty hundred they say, I need fifty nine hundred to get in this space.
Speaker 4: I got you. I got you, and I'm telling you it's a space that nobody's touched that we can we can take advantage of.
Speaker 1: Well, if I get fifty nine hundred, I should like to be in that space. Aaron Oden says, Oh, Joe, when you dropped that monster game versus the Chargers in six, what did it feel like to be in the zone? I was so sick. Y'all lost that game. Hold on, you had a monster game and y'all lost.
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 5: Well, uh I had, Well, I forgot eleven for two sixty two tds.
Speaker 4: That's when that's the that's the season. Alt had the thirty one touchdowns?
Speaker 3: Damn how many had against y'all?
Speaker 4: Shoot? Probably maybe I don't know, maybe two or three and we.
Speaker 5: Was winning twenty one twenty one something like ZI three twenty one three.
Speaker 4: They came back and won.
Speaker 6: So you had that monster game.
Speaker 1: So now, Chase broke your record last year on Thursday Night football against the Ravens. So no, not only do you not have the record. No more, y'all didn't even.
Speaker 3: Win the game.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, I ain't got nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: You did have something to do that you was out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I did. I did my mind what along with you?
Speaker 3: Guys? Oo?
Speaker 6: I mean Chase lost that game last year too.
Speaker 4: Hey, this it's sometimes it happens like that, you know. All you all you can.
Speaker 5: Do is is work with the hand that your depth.
Speaker 4: There's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 3: I'm so sure. Sorry, Oh yo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna be alright though, y'all gonna be all right. Yeah, we're gonna be all right now.
Speaker 6: Y'all better win that game tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We're gonna win tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Ricky, what's up at?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: CHR?
Speaker 1: Congrats on the awards, Keep stacking them. Got a good one for y'all. Start bench cut, Mike Big, Lamar Jackson, Cam Newton.
Speaker 4: That's that's for you, man.
Speaker 1: I ain't getting rid of Big. I'm just telling you that Big started this. Ain't nothing like, ain't nothing like uh uh uh?
Speaker 3: What year was that? The Michael Big experience in Atlanta?
Speaker 6: You had you had to be there, you had to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable.
Speaker 6: I ain't cutting nobody. I ain't bitching nobody.
Speaker 1: So guess what, uh cause I know Vick ain't coming out the field, Lamar ain't coming out the field, and Cam damn sure ain't coming out the field. May y'all know how Cam is. I'm gonna burn through all my time out, So come on, you're gonna get back here in the next place. I ain't coming out, Ricky, I'm sorry, Man, I gotta keep all these guys. You gotta give me somebody else. Man, I can't cut none of these guys. We got three m VP's and the guy that revolutionized the running quarterback. What you see with Mike, what you see with Lamar and Cam. Mike started at Nate be saying, Hey, you going to the Aces parade on Friday. You can land the crowd. I know your probation. Where he's gonna be where the parade at on the strip. No, yeah, I'm going to a game next year. I'm going to their first game when they get them rings. Hey, un go love and show howes Brick brother Sterling doing. And he's uh uh, he's still playing golf. He's doing well. He's recovering from eye surgery. I think he's going into his uh, his third week. So he had it on the twenty sixth, So yeah, this is about his third week, so I think he got a couple more days of laying down. He's yeah, he's still playing golf. Obviously he can't play right now, but but yes, he's still playing golf. Dark Barnes said, Pickings to the Panthers play pair with t Mac.
Speaker 3: Replacing log at O Choke, saying he don't want him to go to Carolina.
Speaker 4: I mean, we didn't even mention Carolina.
Speaker 5: But listen, the best, the best fit, the best place always be the Raiders, no matter what anybody says, It's just that's where it's at.
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 1: Pickings to the forty nine ers, Oh shit, that's a good one. Gave Vincent cooked flag in the first quarter, five straight threes.
Speaker 3: Look, the question is can the Lakers play defense?
Speaker 4: O Joe?
Speaker 1: They got Look, man, Lucas gonna score thirty a game. A are gonna give you twenty sold They're gonna have enough to score to score the points. Question is the question is can you stop people? Yeah, Teino Davis Pickens to the Broncos, Bills, Texans or Commanders. What do he got. Oh, the Bills can definitely use it. Yeah, the Bills could definitely use it. I saw what you call them. Sean McDermott had a conversation with Brady, Joe Brady about the usage of James Cook. Remember I told Yo Yo, I was surprised how little they used James Cook the other night. Right, Well, they got Courtland Sutton. I don't think they spent that kind of money on sut and then go get picked. I could be wrong, but hey, Bill's got Nico Collins. I think tank Dale comes back. Commanders just paid a boatload of money.
Speaker 4: To uh mclauren McLaurin.
Speaker 1: I think the Bills is it should be in the running, sir, underscore case, my guys, Oh Joe, November twelve, two thousand and six versus Sandgate, San Diego eleven receptions, two un six yard two touchdown. Can you explain your mindset that game? If Carson wentn't have went down in that playoff game with anybody stopping y'all at those six yep?
Speaker 4: Who what hold on? Well, who's just one six man? We were finna beat them? What you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh lord?
Speaker 5: We opened the first play the first play of the game, sixty yards down the sideline.
Speaker 3: Who caught the ball?
Speaker 4: Chris Henry rest in peace.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right man.
Speaker 5: That changed the whole change the whole game. I'm the first play, yeah man, man boy o'hoffin. Yeah, well we were gonna run up and down that field.
Speaker 1: Isaac Cooston, Hey, Chad, can you give me a ticket to the Bengals game tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm not even in town yet. I ain't even get there.
Speaker 1: Uh, mister International gold Falcons Saucy d What all happens in production meetings? Well, they talked to him about your mindset coming to plays. You like, they ask you, you know, this team is such and such. Yeah, we got such things. We got things that we can get to. You know, we understand that their pressure team, they like to do a lot of zone dog. They like to play a lot of cover one. We're expecting that, but we see some areas that we can you know, you talk to the head coach, you talk to the quarterback. You normally talk to you know, two three offensive players, two or three defensive players. The coaches kind of fill in the blanks after that.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Just to get a sense of the team. You know when we talked, you know, if you all were here, we we talked to him yesterday. They felt that this was something they could take advantage of. That's it TS card washing, detailed service, Rest up, Dan Angelo, y'all favorite song or story?
Speaker 4: Brown Sugar, Brown Sugar classic?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: What what's the one he did? Uh? Oh, what's the name of it? Mm hmmm?
Speaker 1: Uh no, uh no said we need a thug on club? Oh who a thug?
Speaker 4: A thug? Oh, they say the young thug.
Speaker 6: Oh to say, we the young thug.
Speaker 4: You need to sit down with young thug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, okay, young thug. If you watch it, come on back club Sha shay.
Speaker 4: That'll be he That'll be a good one. Hey thug gonna hit you with that whoop do do?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Glendale Best said, can I get a birthday shout out and rest in peace? My twin sister lost her battle with breast cancer. Glendale, you absolutely can. Happy birthday. Sorry, it can't be more pleasant under the circumstances. Hopefully your sister is comfortable now. Hopefully God gives you strength, comfort and understanding and your time of sorrow and grief. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, but no, she's in a better place. She's resting, and there's no more pain, no more chemo. It doesn't give you, doesn't lessen the pain, but hopefully over time you get better dealing with this situation. So Glendale had happy birthday, as happy as that can be under the circumstances. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. I want to thank you guys for joining us. I'm your favorite UNC, Shannon Sharp, and that is my partner and co host. That is Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree Pro Bowler All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Guys, please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and tell family, friends and love one to do likewise and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you continue support and we won awards today. We won award since we started Nightcap. That's all because of you.
Speaker 3: The wards.
Speaker 1: Oh Choe, that's a million subscriber, the others one hundred thousand subscribers. I don't know, he's gonna have to get a trophy shelf a case back there to put the other awards in. So we're gonna continue to I can't see anything now, but we want to thank each and every one of you guys for your support and you'll continue support. Check out my Kangnac shapeer now. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, ordered online, we shipping directly to your door. It's the best taste in premium VSLP Cognac on the market, tried against other premium vslps and let me know what you think.
Speaker 3: I'll put our taste up.
Speaker 1: Against anybody's smooth, goes down, easy, and guess what.
Speaker 3: You'll like it. Please drink responsibility, stay safe.
Speaker 1: Make sure you check out my media company Shayshay Media on all of its platforms and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat Nightcap won listener's choice today in both categories from Signal and Oh No, we won I think we won gold.
Speaker 3: And Club Shay Shape. I don't know what we want it for them.
Speaker 1: We want to thank our special guests for joining us, ric o'donald and Devin White really appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Guys joining us tonight.
Speaker 1: Continued success throughout the rest of the season that concludes this episode, Oh Joe, we'll see you tomorrow night. Unfortunately you'll be disappointed, but we'll see you guys tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys for joining us.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe out one day, one day when they gonna win another game.
Speaker 3: The Birth