Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer, Long items Static. Let's get to some stocks on the move as we try to ponder some of the bigger meanings of financial markets with us. It is Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Pronounce.
Speaker 2: She's back with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some stocks in the move today. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Let's start off with eBay.
Speaker 4: Tick her.
Speaker 5: eBay. The shares are up about six point one percent after market after the online marketplace reported fourth quarter earning sat basically seated expectations across the board, and that's a welcome sign for investors at eBay's focus on luxury items and also refurbish goods is continuing to help the company stand out among a pretty large group of e commerce companies right now in the market. Also wanted to draw attention to the fact that it plans to buy Deepop from et C, which is a pretty big deal since I can say at least deep Hop is incredibly popular among gen Z and younger shoppers.
Speaker 1: Said that because as a not gen Z person, I don't know what it is, but the New York Times calls it a secondhand clothing up popular with gen.
Speaker 5: Zh, a very good definition in my opinion. I bought a leather jacket from there in the past, but it's basically eBay for gen Z.
Speaker 4: And sold it to eBay, yes.
Speaker 5: For roughly one point two billion dollars.
Speaker 3: It's a bunch of these types of sites. Yeah, yes, right, I'm trying to think of the other ones. Yeah, okay, So got Cary thread up. So many options, right, there's so many different options. So is that one like investors? I mean, they also gave a good outlook, right their first quarter net revenue, so they're kind of on the move here, Yes, that's quite it fascinating like they're kind of thinking about maybe their next era.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Etsy is also jumping along with that news. It's up about fifteen percent after market after this deal. So across the board for those who are interested in secondhand fashion or also just goods like Etsy, it's kind of up across the board.
Speaker 1: Etsy bought deepop in twenty twenty one for one point six billion dollars. Now they're selling it for about one point two billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow. That's a little bit of a haircut.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, So watching that one, let's go to Maderna.
Speaker 5: Yes, Maderna, I'm a healthcare reporter. So it ended up about six percent after the FDA agreed to review its flu shot and a kind of stunning reversal, especially since the flu shot is made with mRNA technology, which has been kind of politicized lately in the current environment. But that being said, I thought it was really interesting that one analyst mentioned that there could be some upside for other companies as well, like Unicore, who has been quite popular given their Huntington's experimental therapy, which anyone who knows about that rare disease, it is fatal in all cases and there's no treatments for it. So there's some investors who are really hopeful that Unicure also their shares went up about eight percent on the news that maybe this could be a sign that the FDA will also reverse his decision in their case as well.
Speaker 3: And those tickers for in case you care, Maderna of course at mr NA and that stuck is up about sixty percent year to date, and then Unicure qur E.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you said, mixed messages though from HHS in the FDA in recent months about mRNA and we've seen mRNA vaccines and we've seen shares of Moderna really volatile on the kind.
Speaker 4: Of confusion that investors are interpreting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've taken a beating, especially amongst some critics within the FDA who are not necessarily as for vaccines when you look at the AHHSS. That being said, the FDA has had a lot of shakeups in terms of leadership, and so we will see as well, like what which way they're going to be turning still unclear.
Speaker 3: A little perspective. I mean, I'm going to go where it's obvious, but let's just go there. But back in twenty twenty one, Maderna was a four hundred and eighty four dollars a share stock. Today it closed just under forty seven dollars, so we know how much it has pulled back. It's bounced back already this year, but a long long way to go.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about coconut water, Yes, yes, Vita Coco taker Coco is also kind of continuing along that theme of consumer sentiment. Those shares slit about eleven percent at the close, which actually moved the stock negative. For the year. Before today, Vita Coco was up about seven percent. The fall comes after some kind of mixed guidance to a certain degree, despite having a pretty good quarter. Analysts called out like the increased promotions that they're planning to do in the US, some potential timing shifts, and also some inventory adjustments as potential mixed signals about where exactly the consumer leads. But Evercore analysts still remain fairly bullished. They set up in a note today that despite the complexity in twenty twenty five, Vita Coco should have potentially the US gross story and beverages for this coming year as health and wellness continues to be a great trend of the US.
Speaker 3: Not a coconut water kind of getting.
Speaker 4: Oh I love coconute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'll be honest, I'm too cheap to buy it, so I just like don't buy it.
Speaker 5: When I was yeah, I mean we have it upstairs.
Speaker 4: No, yes, what?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that's coconut soda.
Speaker 4: I don't think so we have coconut water. I'm pretty sure. All right, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio check Back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.