Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back our number two Kentucky sports Radio Matt Jones in Amsterdam and join his Uh. I believe it's the third goal round of his fellowship. They've just got a couple maybe a year and a half left to go. Kind of just a great experience he's got. So he'll be back on Monday, the twenty first. So it's Ryan, Drew and Shannon here for a couple of days and the next week is Drew Palooza week. Uh So be sure to tune into that call. Call Drew with all your crazy questions. He's ready for him.
Speaker 4: I'm ready got some fun topics. Uh didn't a caller just suggest Drew Palosa. It's kind of just we're going, yeah, Drew Pealosa. We got to what about Drew uninterrupted? Wow? Like that too?
Speaker 2: I like that too. Like they said, it's smooth, we can go Drew. It's smooth.
Speaker 4: Losa feels like a big event. I feel like I can't live up to the expectations of a palooza. Uh.
Speaker 2: I do need to talk to you and Shannon about your Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, you have to know.
Speaker 3: Next topic, please's Shannon.
Speaker 2: Oh and seven. They stink.
Speaker 3: They stink right now. The good thing is we got one hundred and fifty five. We're about to go one hundred and fifty five and seven on the season. The joke's on you, Ryan and your your Cardinals, which I haven't paid any attention to what they're even doing. But yeah, the Braves, they gotta figure it out quick. I mean, they were up last night five to three, they blow the lead, end up losing in the bottom of the ninth. I have no idea when they're gonna win their first game, but it needs to be soon.
Speaker 4: True. Yeah, I'm I'm I'm enjoying my night as best I can watching Ryan Hall, y'all. I figured the Braves were gonna lose, but before the game, then they went up early. I'm feeling good but not keeping a close eye on it. And then the show, Hey, the clip just goes everywhere.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, that's talking about from one the highs and lows of baseball. The Braves lose their seventh in a row, and so Hooyotani hits a walk off home run on his own bobblehead night.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Not ideal, not ideal circumstances for circumstances for us I think we were up five to oh early in the game. Like I said, it's the Dodgers. I expected to not win, but you got a little false hope early in the game, and to lose like that just add it to the list of Braves disappointments. Now oh and seven probably be eight, maybe oh and twelve and twenty. Who cares? What's the next sport? I can move on to basketball. Ended I got spring football usually, and Shannon and I were both excited about this year for the Braves. Lots of people were. I think they had like the second best odds in the NL for the World Series and it's just starting, has already been shot.
Speaker 3: The good thing is we got the Marlins coming up, and we're gonna beat We're gonna sweep the Marlins. So we'll be three and seven then, yeah, it's the Marlins.
Speaker 4: Are we finally at home? I feel like everything is in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every game has been on the road, go home open, We'll get started. That's right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: There's a guy for the Boston Red Sox who's having a baddest season as the Atlanta Braves, Raphael Devers. Have you heard about him yet?
Speaker 4: I have not, but tell me about someone else started this.
Speaker 2: He'son Shannon Oer for nineteen with fifteen strikeouts.
Speaker 3: That's pretty bad. I think I could do that.
Speaker 2: Tony Gwynn had fifteen strikeouts in one season. This guy has fifteen strikeouts in his first nineteen at Batch. Now, apparently he broke the he got like two hits last night. I was all ready to just rip on him today. But he got two hits last night to break out of the slum. But he still has fifteen strikeouts to start the season.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, I'm trying to read. Does he get paid? What I'm seeing here? Right here? It looks like he has like a three hundred million dollar contract.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, can't be right, can't it. Well, the salaries are incredible anyways, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be shocked, but I'll take a fraction of that to strike out every time a bat. I'm actually good at striking out. I could. I would do that for cheap if.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can said the Red Sox a lot of money. Think about that. But Drew and I both on there, you too, Ryan, all three of us. You can get three players with the price of well, like a fraction of the price of one. And we could any worse than what they're doing Right now, I can lay down a bun maybe.
Speaker 4: So baseball is just being cruel to me. After Ellie had his big night a few nights ago with his torpedo bet, I got on DraftKings Crown is yours and I bet some Ellie prop bets and then he went over four. Almost cleaned up on my account with that one. It's just, you know, Kentucky baseball wanted an m but their start hadn't been great. I just feel like the baseball season is gonna be a paint.
Speaker 2: And before we move on, I got one other thing I want to talk to you about. We had a big topic about the shortage of bees, the bee population dying out. Our friend Darryl Daryl from Eastern Kentucky Belfry Belfry Daryl called me yesterday and he said he's got one he knows one reason why that is adding to the bee population dying out. I want you and Chanton to tell me if this is if you believe in this or not. He said, it's a thing in eastern Kentucky that the bees are so bad. You put a bowl of water on your porch, you put a wooden spoon over it, and you put a piece of eat in the spoon, and then you put dish washing liquid in the waters.
Speaker 4: So I gotta I gotta picture this.
Speaker 5: So you got a ball of dishwater basically a wooden spoon and meat, and the bees come down and get I guess, die in the in the soapwater.
Speaker 3: With bees like meat. I thought bees were like I didn't know they ate meat.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Daryl said you can kill like a thousand.
Speaker 3: Bees flying around everywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm having a hard time picturing this or why anyone would even do it, But if.
Speaker 2: It works, I would do it, and apparently everybody even like gas stations in eastern Kentucky, you have this bowl of water with a wooden spoon on it with a piece of meat on the spoon.
Speaker 4: You think we can just go to eastern Kentucky and drive around and we're just gonna see a bunch of soap waters with wooden spoon.
Speaker 2: If they've got a bunch of bees, I'd say we'd probably see one. You know, folks like to sit on their porch in eastern Kentucky like the traffic go by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, you well, you don't want bees bothering you when you're sitting on your porch, spoom, bowl of dishwasher, wooden spoon and some meat.
Speaker 4: If you had said that without a source, I would have thought you're you're crazy. But I believe Daryl, and he knows the Eastern Kentucky tricks.
Speaker 3: I'm doing a little googling over here. And most bees are herbivores, which I believe that means they eat like plants and stuff. But it says there are a few species vulture bees and carry on bees that have evolved to feed on meat, particularly dead animal carcasses. So maybe you're just getting those type of bees. But the other bees, I don't feel like they would want meat. So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I found a website here. I did some googling too. There's actually a picture someone has a bowl with a slice of turkey like sandwich meat and a wooden spoon. It's on on like a skewer, like a wooden skewer.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's it.
Speaker 3: So, okay, what does the wooden spoon do?
Speaker 2: It just holds the meat over the the wat the dishwater. I guess when they come down to check out the meat, they get out in the dishwater and they drown, they die, they get.
Speaker 3: Poisoned because the wooden spoon traps there.
Speaker 4: I gotta say Sierra Foothillgarden dot Com has a very thorough how too with photos that looks that's it.
Speaker 2: The bees fill up your bowl.
Speaker 3: I'm still confused. So if the bee can get in while the is on top, why can't it get out.
Speaker 2: Because the dishwater, I guess it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, traps, it traps, its wings get wet.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, and it may not explain why the bees are disappearing across the country, but it may explain why they're disappearing in Belfry in eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 4: The things you learn on this show. I noticed lots of people loved your periodic table bit yesterday, got a good response on that.
Speaker 2: I felt like I kind of let myself down because I had more written down, but I went with bronze too early.
Speaker 3: Run with the ones you were confident in first, and then like end it with bronze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just reading down my list when I came out.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm getting mocked for getting Pierre's first name wrong, Sorry about that, but uh, I feel like that'll be the thing I hear about to. I want to get people back to talk to me about your periodic table yesterday.
Speaker 2: All right, you guys ready for your homework assignment.
Speaker 4: Come on, Mario. He has the gigantic UK hat out, and I have a.
Speaker 2: Big UK hat and I've got some things inside the hat. Okay, okay, you're gonna draw out of that. I needed a hat to put the items in. So there's a there's a there's a pretty big basketball tournament going on this weekend. Yeah, what's it called?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I've been watching the Crown out in Vegas. You're talking about the final four.
Speaker 2: Final four means there's four teams.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Each of you are going to blind draw a team and then tomorrow you have to come up with five fun facts about that team. Stealing this straight from pardon my take. Okay, they did this for the Sweet sixteen. We're just gonna do it for the Final four. So you're gonna draw for you and Shannon, Mario, you're gonna draw for you and Billy Cool.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, so you don't even have to do one. You know, this sounds like you're just giving us the show prep.
Speaker 2: Well, this is yeah, I don't have to do it less work, all right, this is your you're gonna your team or Shannon's team?
Speaker 4: Who Shannon? Do you want this to be minor yours? I have my hand on one. I'm sure, I'm I'm shuffling it up.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we'll make this one mine.
Speaker 4: This is Shannon's Who's he got? Shannon has the number one overall seed Auburn Tigers. Ok.
Speaker 2: You gotta come up with five fun facts tomorrow about Auburn Tigers. It could be about their players, their coach, their team, their city, five fun facts, not just well you know they beat Kentucky this year. You know that didn't count.
Speaker 3: No, I'll give you some good fun facts. All right, I got it.
Speaker 2: Mario, you drawing for yourself? You drawn from Billy from Billy? All right, don't look you're peaking. Sorry, this is Billy's bill.
Speaker 4: Billy might need that hat sport. Who's Billy got? Billy's got Florida? Well he's from Florida. There for I heard him giving Florida FACTX on the pre show. That's perfect good draw for Mario. Florida.
Speaker 2: All right, Drew, this is yours day.
Speaker 4: Okay, something tells me this will be either Houston or Duke. Why does it feel like there's more paper in here than too? It's just two?
Speaker 2: I got my all right, Please don't okay, nobody yet, Mario, draw your last one.
Speaker 4: I don't want Duke.
Speaker 2: Only one more left? Yeah, all right, So you guys open them up?
Speaker 4: Who you got? All right? You go first?
Speaker 2: I got Yeah, you got Duke.
Speaker 4: I got my champion picked from the Houston the coops.
Speaker 2: So Drew's got Houston, Shannon's got Auburn. Billy's got Florida. Mario, you got Duke.
Speaker 4: I kind of want to switch with Billy. He won't know, He really won't know. Here we go.
Speaker 2: That's good for him, though, Well you're from Florida to Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'll let Billy do some negotiations. He's not listening, Mario. We were ruling that you were Florida, Billy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mario's got Florida. Billy's got Due.
Speaker 4: That's perfect.
Speaker 3: Billy like that.
Speaker 4: Billy seems like like you'd be a bit of a Duke fan exactly. He probably already knows fifty facts about Duke. Without one, we'll do that.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, PFT and Big Cat they did this for the Sweet sixteen and it was awesome. We listened to the podcast driving up to Milwaukee, and I was like, it was really funny. So I thought, well, let's just do it for the final four. We do our own fun fact segment tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All right? I like that. You got anything else up your slave for tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yes, a matter of fact, Matthew Mitchell's going to join us tomorrow for a segment the new head women's coach at Houston.
Speaker 4: It's weird seeing him in red. It's very weird seeing him in red.
Speaker 2: So he's gonna join us and then also join us tomorrow. Malachai Marino, how about that?
Speaker 4: That's awesome, Big Gid. I mean, one of the hottest names in basketball right now.
Speaker 2: The dude just won mister basketball, just won the state tournament and just played in McDonald's game. He's a Kentucky recruit. That's a pretty good haul.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how'd you pull that off? Your local great crossing high school segments?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got my got my sources, you know.
Speaker 4: So that'll be good. He has He's had quite a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes he has, so we're gonna catch up with him and talk to him about it. So that's all tomorrow, all right, We'll take our break. Come back, Ryan Drew shannonon Mario. This is k Taking's Words Radio. Welcome back Ryan Drew Shannon and Liam here on can take his port Radio Shannon. Who's the segment sponsored by.
Speaker 3: Our friends at DraftKings. The finals are here and the only thing that's for sure is that this is the last time you'll be able to bet on college basketball this season. It's been an amazing ride to get here, and you can get in on all the action, expect it and unexpected with DraftKings sportsbook with live betting, exclusive content, promos, parlays, DraftKings is the ultimate college basketball destination and if you're ready to make your first bet, you can check out the matchups and pick a team to win. It's that simple. Sign up with promo code KSR bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Again, that's promo code KSR bet five get one hundred and fifty only on DraftKings. The Crown is Yours gambling problem. Call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibidy restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuings. For additional terms responsible gaming resources, see DKNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 2: Apparently this b thing is real, Drew. You've got people sending us pictures they do it at their house with dead bees in the bowl. Apparently it works.
Speaker 4: We've got a big reaction. I had no idea. Over at Chaos Board, we have our little show thread. Encourage everyone to go join be a part of that. We have fun during the show. But if you are posting pictures where they're where they do it in eastern Kentucky, I had no idea. There you go.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why the bee population is dying. It's catching on in eastern Kentucky. Maybe's catching on everywhere.
Speaker 4: There's a buzz going on. I don't have any bees, but I might set it out tonight.
Speaker 3: I just see what happens to contribute to killing the bees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we have a b shortage. We want to I just want to say, I like a good science Fair project. I just want to see how it works.
Speaker 2: Eight five nine two too eight seven let's get a phone call. We'll get this some more little tidbits. Who we got Liam Don Don go ahead, Don.
Speaker 7: What's your take on the Mackenzie mabacco And I use cause I mean, I'm an Who's Your fan? I'm not so sure what you're getting there.
Speaker 4: Possibly, Uh yeah, well you tell us if if you're a Who's your fan?
Speaker 2: People are like not saying very good things about him.
Speaker 7: Uh there is no defense. Watch watch his defense and he was just uninspired so many times it was just mind boggling. I don't I mean, he's gonna I think Pope is doing a great job down there. I love listening to what he's doing there and how he's doing it, but he's gonna have to be Uh, he's gonna have to hell the job to get that guy to perform on every nine.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it because I said yesterday, they're they're throwing a wide net and they've definitely been talking to him. McKenzie Imbaco. McKenzie Imbacco. They've been talking to him. Doesn't mean they're necessarily going to get him or if they get somebody else, But nobody seems to have a lot of good things to say about this guy. But he was a McDonald's All American out of high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huge recruit. If you watched his Washington in high school, it looks like a sure thing. Maybe it's just the case. You know, he's in Bloomington, he's part of the Hoosiers program. They're trash. Since time's coming it in, maybe he's thinking, I don't want to be here. I'm not playing defense for these bums, and he's looking for a fresh speed. You know he's supposed to be. Maybe that's his Kentucky yesterday. Pope's in on him. Maybe if he does end up becoming a Cat, it could be a great reset for his career and he can get back to playing the basketball he was playing when he was one of the top recruits in the country.
Speaker 2: Speaking of coaches, some SEC coaches in the headlines this week. First Chris Beard, Ole Miss coach looks like he's going to Texas A and M. It was reported that he had regreed in principal to become the new head coach at Texas A and M. But then he's like, Eh, I'm want to stay in Oxford and go to stay at Ole Miss.
Speaker 4: I was hoping he would go just because that would be the funniest thing. He would have been at Texas Texas Tech and Texas A and M. At that point, you're just jumping around the rivalries there. But big Texas guy can understand why I considered it. But uh, that's a huge of Old Miss to keep him. You wonder, place like ol Miss doesn't have a lot of basketball tradition. Support hasn't been that much except for good years here and there. He wondered how long he'd stayed there, but that was big for the Rebels to keep him home after that good season.
Speaker 2: The reason the A and M job is opened is because our boy, Buzz Williams has become the head coach at Maryland.
Speaker 4: Buzz just loves a good NCAA bubble program. I think he's like, you know what, A and M's get a little too good. I want to live up in the bubble for the rest of my life. I'm gonna go somewhere else and try to get back on the bubble. I guess it could be. You know, you're always gonna be second at A and L to football, maybe third behind the yell leaders and their stupid suits to the white outfits that they wear. Even though basketball has had a little bit of success. It's never gonna be top dog there. He probably just wants some of that under armor money at Maryland and a better chance with the basketball program.
Speaker 2: I saw this something great, Shanon about Buzz Williams. He did like a research project on coaching longevity, and he found that most coaches have great success through six years, and then their success starts to decline a little bit. Kind of happened here, but it was seven years with cal I think Fox monkom band with his seventh year team, and then it starts to decline a little bit.
Speaker 4: So he went to.
Speaker 2: Marquette head coach for six years, five NCAA tournaments. He left, went to Virginia Tech, only state there five years, but got them more there, go on the NCAA tournament, went to Texas A and m six years, he's out. I think he lives by that formula, Shannon. That's your shelf life as a college basketball coach is six years.
Speaker 3: Well, if I'm Maryland, I don't know what his contract was, but I don't think I would offer him anything more than five years because I know he's going to be out the door after five years. You know, I'm sure it all comes down to money. I'm sure that was a big part of it. But to me, if I'm a college basketball coach, I want to coach in the best conference that there is. And I felt like he had it pretty good at A and M coaching in the SEC. So you know, again, maybe it all comes down to the money, but I would think that the SEC is where every coach would aspire to coach in, would you not, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, especially right now. Maybe he's afraid of it. The Maryland. Yeah, Maryland had a good tournament run this year, but before that they've missed several tournaments. Maybe he's just like John Taffer on bar Rescue, just jump in place to place, wanting to save these places. Get him in the spot, there's something to do that move on to the next one. And I think under Armour has a lot of money there in Maryland, so they can pay the guy pretty well. We had a lot to do with it, But uh, Buzz is a Texas guy. He's from Texas if I'm not mistaken, So you think I'm going to be stay close to home. He had a good thing going, he did. I guess Wade Taylor the fourth finally ran out of eligibility and he couldn't do it without him anymore.
Speaker 2: Eight five nine two two eight seven. Who we got, limb, Steve, Steve, go ahead, Steve.
Speaker 4: Hey Fellas.
Speaker 6: I hate to be Dabbie downer, but the last thing you want to do is try to kill bees.
Speaker 8: But you're a pack all over the world.
Speaker 4: Is in the United States.
Speaker 6: Bees are dying for colony left.
Speaker 4: We need bees.
Speaker 6: We don't need to kill him.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the phone call. Yeah, we talked about that yesterday. Bees are very very crucial to uh our fruit tree and things like that. So if this continues on, our food shortage will definitely be a food supply will definitely be hampered by it.
Speaker 4: Hampered. Also, sandwich meat is getting expensive. You can't just be thrown around slices of turkey on your porch.
Speaker 3: S killed bees, yeah right, and quick killing all the bees out there blaming you.
Speaker 2: Well, you know they have those carpenter bees that drill into your deck and your and there's a little thing you can do with like a cup plastic cup and hang it. You want to hang the bee. The bee gets trapped down the cup and it can't get out. Okay, do you put anything in the cup, I think so.
Speaker 4: I don't remember cast board said you can use the glass of wine, but I'm not sharing my wine with a bee with a bee. Who's next? Lam who?
Speaker 2: We got Ralph? Ralph go ahead of Ralph?
Speaker 9: H little Cassidy Road comment. I hate to be a as well as a previous caller. But you know she was given that scholarship offer by was that Matthew Mitchell? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: That was the first yes?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So then she got hurt and Elsie decided to honor that. Is that also correct? That scholarship?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: So now we have another coach and he gives her an opportunity. You know that speaking as someone in the fifteenth region, you know it's it's it's obvious that you know, a step slow maybe and some things like that, but a great kid, a wonderful, fantastic young lady, and you know, it's it's a it's a touch and ghost situation. But people need to understand, you know, on the other side of the coin, when she's in seventh and eighth grade and she's starting varsity and she has seniors ahead of her that had been in that program at Shelby Valley for a long time, you know, those kids got kind of pushed by the wayside as well, and I just I hate to see the back and forth online with her dad and and you know that sort of thing. It's just it's just a bad situation. But you know, I think I think UK did her tremendously, uh did her a tremendous favor when she was younger by offering at that age and then seeing it through, you know, through the knee injuries. And then Brooks comes along and he does give her that year of opportunity.
Speaker 10: So it's kindly fix of one and half a dozen of the other. I don't know that it's one of those situations that, man, you hate it for everybody involved. And I think you know, in some of your comments previously, you kindly addressed it in that manner, and I think that's spot on. I don't think it's the thing that you can, you know, necessarily take a side on because in some ways both sides are right and in some ways both sides aren't.
Speaker 2: Yep, rightly agree with that.
Speaker 4: That's that appreciates my thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate that he's right. We can all see both sides. Most people just lean one way or the other, do you lean towards coach Brooks or do you lean towards Cassidy. I've won and just leaning towards Cassidy. I just feel like I've said it. I've already said it fifteen times on this show. She's gonna be a senior. She's you want a character type person, a good person on your bench, even if she's not playing.
Speaker 4: If if he had known this was going to be the case as the season was ending, I wish maybe he would have let her go through senior Day. Yeah, that probably would have helped this a lot. That she didn't get the closer she all right, We even bring her back next year as a PTS student and let her have a moment senior Day.
Speaker 2: TJ Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 3: He'll make them pay now more. Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Bones.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Ryan Drew and Shannon Here Kentucky's Sports Radio. Who's This segment sponsored by Drew.
Speaker 4: This segment is sponsored by uk Federal Credit Union. You know at UKFC, you we understand that home is where the heart is, but it's also where the equity is. With our market leading home equity line of credit, you can improve your home and take advantage of rates as low as six point five percent APR plus. There are no annual fees, no closing costs, and you can draw your funds only when you need them. So measure twice and apply once for a home equity line of credit from UKFCU. Visit UKFCU dot org or visit one of these seven local branches to see how a heat lock can make your home improvement dreams of reality. APR Annual percentage rate rate is variable federally insured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender in MLS number four nine one four.
Speaker 2: My timeline on the Avision Glass text machine is nothing but bees and Cassidy Row. I mean that is all it's on my timeline right now. Everything it's mostly what the internet is too. I think there's some Cassidy Row exhaustion.
Speaker 4: But you said twenty or eighteen of your twenty text during the break, We're Cassidy Row.
Speaker 2: Let me first talked about it earlier yet to the bees eighteen of the twenty Shannon's Making of Bees. Though I know you can, you can sympathize with me. Allergy season right now is awful.
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh. Yes, I was awful sitting here yesterday. I had tears rolling down my eyes from the from the allergies. So I don't know. Do you get allergy shots? Ryan? Is that something that uh you've ever thought about doing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Eve, When I was a kid once a week every week my entire childhood. But now I just take a lot of medicine. It's probably not the best thing to do, but I just I just load it because it's it's awful right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've kind of felt bad all week, really, so I'm just trying to well. I'm hoping when we get down to Florida next week, you know, you and I down there on the beach, there's not gonna be any allergies down there, and we're gonna be ready to roll.
Speaker 4: You know, Shannon. I like to rub each other, baby oil each other's back, and you.
Speaker 3: Get my back, I'll get yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you all are just taking vacation, just leaving me here all by myself. I'm just gonna keep clocking in like I do every day, just gonna keep showing up. From the grind song was in September.
Speaker 2: Uh, I know something to make you feel better, Shanning. Today, by the way, is National Burrito Day. Oh I love and we don't sell britos here at KOs Bar and Grill, but there's some good ones here in town. Poppies. One of our sponsors probably go get it. Get you a good brito today. El Mariachi. You know one of our sponsors that get good burritos.
Speaker 4: Brito in town is that Ramirez off of for Sales Road.
Speaker 2: That's the one that was like nationally recognized one time.
Speaker 4: I love all of our Mexican establishments around town. I eat it most of them, if not all of them. But if you want a burrito, Ramirez Sales Road, little grocery stores. People in there super nice. We even have their hat. Bought a hat in there one time.
Speaker 2: Did you really I've been there.
Speaker 4: I've been there. Good stuff.
Speaker 3: You guys even went out and got a burrito for me in Milwaukee that was really good. I don't know what the name of that place was.
Speaker 4: Those were good. I only ate Mexican food in Milwaukee. Didius carrious to a championship?
Speaker 3: I would have thought that Milwaukee was on the Mexican border. The way he drew was eating nothing but Mexican food down there.
Speaker 4: You know, it's the city of beer and cheese, and everybody was talking about the burgers. I think I had like two beers, zero cheese, and zero burgers. It was all Mexican fe food. Had a few margarita's.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know when you're that close to the border up.
Speaker 2: Sure in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Uh eight five two to eighty seven? Who we got, Liam?
Speaker 4: Peanut?
Speaker 2: Peanut? Go ahead, Peanut?
Speaker 8: Hey, how's it go that?
Speaker 2: Are you peanut?
Speaker 4: Uh good?
Speaker 8: I'm matually going to be a little bit so about thank you.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: I know we always did guys from the Eastern Luxan like Travis Ferry and Noah and then Testy Row but Easter, I know, I feel like Eastern you guys even some time, thing like yore Eastern Kentucky like the biggest sets I was essential because you Havealy Blue and a lot like that. I know we don't produce any players for teams, but just going from Eastern Detection she's.
Speaker 2: From Yeah, okay, appreciate a peanut. First of all. Travis Perry's from Western Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Yep. So is zachsal also on the roster two of Region two players.
Speaker 2: It's not forget, and there's something it's hard to explain. The people that Leah live leave, the people that live in Eastern Kentucky, the pride they have for their fellow Eastern Kentuckians. It's it's it's hard to explain. There's such a great pride they have, and when somebody steps up like Casti Roa, Trent Noah, the whole area adopts them, not just your hometown, all of East Kentucky, Richie Farmer, John Pelfrey, these guys that come up with JR. Van Hoos for crying out loud, these people are beloved for the rest of their life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the whole states like that. We're pretty proud in western Kentucky. But there is an Appalachian pride that's very, very, very very strong.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if because it's just some things in that area aren't going the way they need to go, and it's been in decline a little bit, so when someone gets out they want to support them even more. But I think it's statewide the pride, but it's very very strong. They're strong.
Speaker 2: Eight five nine two eight h two to eighty seven.
Speaker 4: Who's next?
Speaker 2: Limb Everett Everett go ahead, ever.
Speaker 6: Ittt.
Speaker 13: Hey, it's not bees. It's the Southern Yellow Jacket at taking beehives. And it's also the calling a collapse, disorder and murder a hornets will attach be coves.
Speaker 2: All right, Everett, We appreciate that and another reason why the bee population is dwindling hornets.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: I wasn't planning to bring this up today, but since we're talking about some bees hornets. I was outside before the weather got banned, just looking around my yard picking a few weeds. I know, yeah, I had to get those. Got some dandelions.
Speaker 2: Can't pull them out, you gotta dig them out.
Speaker 4: And I'm walking around like, man, this ground feels weird right here, and go a little farther, see a big hole. I got a mole problem, get rid of all. Do I have to get a mole trap? And I sit out there with the shovel and just fight them off. I mean it's not a small one. As I kept going and went around the side of my house, I could follow the trail all the way to my front.
Speaker 3: You gotta poison them, you gotta poison them. There's these gummy worms, poisonous gummy worms. You can stick it them to the ground and they'll eat them and they'll die. That's what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. Yeah, these gummy worms, I don't have to put them on a spoon over a mile dish soap.
Speaker 3: Nope, you just stick them down in the ground right where your your mole path is and then we'll get rid of them.
Speaker 2: I've had you could do what I've done my whole life.
Speaker 4: Have a dog.
Speaker 2: Dogs love digging up those moles. Of course they're not gonna live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I like to keep critters alive as best I can. But you know, if they've got eat a gummy, they got eat a gummy.
Speaker 3: I almost out eating a gummy one time.
Speaker 4: Yes you did. I was with you. Who's next? Liam, Tim? Tim?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Tim?
Speaker 11: Hey guys, first coler, a long time listener.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you calling.
Speaker 11: I had a guy at the first guy he's mentioned the hornets, he'd he'd beat me to it. But yeah, he's correct on that those are actually yellow jacket's not uh bees. The second thing I got is if the season started today with our current recruits and the guys we got coming in, and how do you guys think that we would just play it realistically, and I'll hang on listening fights.
Speaker 2: Well, it's gonna be hard to talk about because you know you Otega, Garrison, Chandler, Noah Perry is really and Cam Williams. That's our team. We got six guys right now.
Speaker 4: What was the question there about what would they What was he asking?
Speaker 2: How would they fare if they didn't reload with what we have right now?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you still got you got Jasper and Kayden Lewis.
Speaker 2: I got about the three freshman. Yeah, forgot about the three freshmen. I mean they got eight players right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we would need a lot more. I mean I liked that all of those guys are gonna be a big piece of it. But most of the names we just said are going to be coming off the bench next season. Uh you want me to give like a would they make the tournament?
Speaker 2: I think they could make the tournament with that group.
Speaker 4: The freshmen would really have to pan out at guard. We're a little we're a little thinic guard there. Hell, that was the team for part of the year this year, a few games it felt like, but uh yeah, yeah, I don't think we could go in with that. That would not be up to Kentucky's standard, even though I like all those guys his pieces. Next year, they got to go out and get a starting point guard. Yes, and they are big guy. I mean they don't have anyone at the four. You know, you're losing car and almanor so. Uh. That not that that would happen, but that's not a complete team for Kentucky standards.
Speaker 2: I've been told by people, don't sleep on a Caden Lewis like he's better than people are nearly giving him credit for. He could be a guy that gets a lot of minutes next year.
Speaker 4: And like Pierre who they're who they're looking at. That's kinda he played off the ball at Jacksonville State. You wonder if he could be a point guard. You know, maybe he plays a little point. But if Caden lose comes off the bench and runs the show, if he's ready and he can move over to the two and away at the three. Uh, it'll all depend on really how those freshmen how we see I mean, maybe Jasper earns a starting spot, who knows Offen looks awesome at ot but a lot of times guys that played there their defense is a little questionable. But until you put them in a college setting, we really won't know how the freshman that will pan out overall? Who's next?
Speaker 2: Let's get another phone call, t O t O, go ahead, t.
Speaker 6: O abe was don't even bother in questions like that last one. That's like asking is it gonna rain a year from now? We don't know what kind of team we're gonna have, and I don't know nothing, no hornets or no bees or none of that stuff either. I just don't like getting stung Tennessee stung us. But it's time to pick the pieces back up. We got the master motivated, the machine Mark Pope. He's going to assimbil a team and he's going to assemble a squad that can win a title. We know the assignment. We fell short to the thirty line snitches Tennessee, but we know the assignment and we're gonna bring it. Everybody here is gonna bring it all right?
Speaker 4: Was that's all it?
Speaker 12: Right there?
Speaker 2: Appreciate tal Thanks for the phone call. I have full confidence that the team he brings in next year is going to be probably more talented than the team we just had. And the team we just had had a hell of a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if they stay healthy, I think, though, definitely that's true. It's as we've been saying all week. Some of our fans I don't think are built for the portal. They're hanging on to every little piece of news and the sky's falling and Pope can't get it done when it's only been a few days. And Pope himself has shown he can go out and get the guy that's ranked fiftieth in the portal and turn him into something special because he has exact needs that he wants to fit in his offense. Like when we got otega Oway last year. I mean, it was a nice addition, but was anyone cheering yay o take ohway. We didn't think he would start mentioned this sec so I get you know, we're hanging on to it. I actually think it's fun this time of year. Otherwise it'd be kind of quiet. But these rankings, lots of people are speculating how it changed. And sure, we want Kentucky to get the best of the best, but Mark Pope knows what he wants and we really have to just trust him. At this point, I wish you could close a little better right now. I thought they were in good with that stinks that they were giving magoon. You know, he has had some misses. I'm not just Sunshine pumping for Pope. But there's still a lot of time left and a lot of names that haven't even entered the portal. He's probably got a list of people that, yes, he does, he's already had conversations with you know, he does absolutely.
Speaker 2: From the Avis and Glass text machine, tell Drew juicy fruit gum for the moles.
Speaker 4: They still make that. I think they do, Okay, I haven't bought that in a while. Do I just rampa, like, how does that work? Do I do? I chew it up and they put it down in the hole?
Speaker 2: Shannon, I think that was probably just like your gummy never heard.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that's going to murder it. Is it gonna choke on it? Or I don't know, never heard that one.
Speaker 4: Maybe a burden gum the moles in my backyard and it sounds like a fun weekend.
Speaker 2: A couple of serious things before we get to take a break. Tornado warnings have now started again already in McCreary County, Pulaski County, and Wayne County. Man, just be careful down there, be safe, and this one's sad. We got to tell this and go to a break. Former UK football player Dean Wells passed away even at leukemia. Dean played with my buddy Dante. They played before I got here, but I knew Dean.
Speaker 4: That's sad.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he's probably early fifties.
Speaker 4: Say he's playing the early nineties. Yeah, early fifties.
Speaker 2: So our thoughts and prayers to Dean Wells's family, and it's just tough. It's tough, and you know, cancer sucks and it affects all of us. And I know a lot of people that he his teammates with are gonna be very sad today. So thoughts, some prayers to Dean Wills We'll think'll break, We'll come right back. This is Kentect's Ports Radio Welcome Back final segment Kentucky Sports Radio, Ryan Drew and Shannon Liam running the controls. Shannon, who's our sponsor this segment.
Speaker 3: We're celebrating a birthday corn Bread Hemp celebrating six years of Kentucky Hemp Excellence and co founders Eric Zipperley and Jim Higden have a special message for you. They want to say thank you to all the KSR listeners for being there from the beginning and supporting the guys throughout the years, and they'll continue to create HEMP products that make your life better and as well keep fighting for your freedom to enjoy those who enjoy the products every day with Cornbread Hemp. Whatever your version of the good life is, they've got your back. And to celebrate this week, all KSR listeners, whether you're a first time subscriber or buyer or not, all KSR listeners are going to receive thirty percent off orders and for over seventy five dollars with the code B Day. That's a code b Day, plus you're going to get a free limited edition gift.
Speaker 6: Just go to.
Speaker 3: Cornbreadhemp dot com use the code b day at checkout. That's Cornbreadhemp dot com Code b day. Happy birthday to our friends at Cornbread Hemp.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Shannon, you know we mentioned the passing at Dean Wells. I also should mention Val Kilmer passed away with his battle with cancer yesterday. What's your favorite Val Kilmer character?
Speaker 4: I mean the universal answer is Tombstone Doc Holiday. Yeah, I mean, he was pretty awesome in that, but one of my favorite movies is Heat with the Pacino and de Niro hes in that one too. Also thought he made a decent Batman. It was I think it was Batman forever, one of them. Yeah, it was a little corny, but I thought he made a good Batman. But I mean, you could the list just goes on and on with vel Cooma rolls very very sad. He had a was a throat cancer, so it kind of took him out of acting, even though he made a brief appearance in the Top Gun remake. That's another one, Top Gun.
Speaker 2: That's that's my Iceman. He was Iceman in Top Going about you, Shannel, Well, that's.
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say. You took the words out of my mouth. Iceman from from Top Gun, no doubt, the.
Speaker 4: Big nineties movie guy.
Speaker 2: He was in a lot of the the Top Gun remake, Maverick. They did some AI where he couldn't talk he throat cancer, but yet his character in the movie they made him talk and made him stand up and it was amazing. I mean it looked a little off, but really, if you didn't know, you probably couldn't even tell that that was a lot of it was AI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was big and uh what's the the room of the doors, what's the Jim Morrison w Yeah, he was in that. All kinds of good stuff.
Speaker 2: So rest in peace of Alcamera eight five two to eighty seven. Who he got Bi? Liam Lee? Lee, go ahead Lee.
Speaker 12: I got two things real quick. One might make me an end me with some people. But on Buzz Williams, I listened to a podcast. He doesn't stay any place more than six or seven years. He doesn't. He believes that that's the cutoff. He was a marquette for six or seven, text for six Texas A and M for the six.
Speaker 4: I money.
Speaker 12: I've bet money that he doesn't stay Maryland more than six or seven. Second thing, I feel sorry for the Cassidy Row thing. I understand, but it's sports. You just got to get over. And at this point I think the biggest problems that dad but making it public like it. It would be dead by now if he wouldn't be so public with it, and so at this point I think the dad just needs to kind of back off. So have a good day, guy.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Again.
Speaker 2: People thought it was a one day story. We're still talking about throughout this whole show today. It's amazing. But yeah, I didn't know that about Buzz Williams. They only had a school for six years.
Speaker 4: Did you know that, well, he said, I heard it on a podcast. Well you can hear it.
Speaker 3: On this podcast, said twenty minutes ago, I just.
Speaker 2: Playing okay, which remind me one of our callers. Well, I don't know if he's the caller. One of our people did something to me last night. They thought was really funny and it kind of backfired. They ordered six large pizzas to my house and then I got a text message as April Fools.
Speaker 4: It was a.
Speaker 2: Domino's guy in my driveway and it with two and a Papa John's guy in my driveway with four. They showed up like almost at the same time. But the dude didn't pay for him, so I'm like, I'm not paying for those. I didn't order them, so the delivery drivers wasted their time, didn't get a tip the police. The pizza places did not make any money, so he thought it was being funny and do it pulling an April Fool's joke on me, and it kind of backfired. It cost these these places of money.
Speaker 4: So you could have to pay front.
Speaker 2: I guess you I did too, maybe so, oh, I don't know, I don't know how he did it, but uh yeah, but the your last four digits are eight four eight nine. If you know anybody who's last four digits or eight four eight nine. My phone up, so he put put my name on it, put my address on it. But yet he used his own phone number and then texted me from his phone numbers at April Fools. His last four digits are eight four eight nine. I think his first name is like Mason or something.
Speaker 4: And doesn't really get you though, because you just answer the dorm like I'm not doing that you said. It gets the person that had to drive over there spend their own gas and time to not make a pinion.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, man, Those delivery drivers got zero, wasted their time. They could have been on other deliveries and made money, made it, made some tips. Pizza Place spent all that money making those pizzas their time and money.
Speaker 3: Eight four eight nine. Mason's a jerk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be honest though, did you be like, well, what are you all gonna do with those pizzas?
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll take them. I'm not paying for him, but I'll take them. I haven't had dinner yet, I'm hungry.
Speaker 4: Let's get the caller, Liam. Who we got Nick? Nick?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Nick?
Speaker 14: Hi there. So I'm a DJ at the University of Kentucky. Like for some of the bars were like students going stuff you got.
Speaker 2: Like unique, I'm sorry you got like thirty seconds.
Speaker 14: I'll make it quick, so out of your neique story. Because some of the players showed up to one of my DJ sets and uh so I made sure to play dude that John Wall immediately and all of them started doing it. I thought it was one of the coolest things.
Speaker 2: That's cool, that's cool. Appreciate it. I appreciate you the phone call. Listen at one o'clock today, we'll have the UK women Gymnastics event on there in the NCA tournament. You want to come here and watch the UK women Gymnastic will have it on the big screen today. And also they're still accepting teams for the KSR Golf Scramble, the one here in Lexington. It's May thirtieth. Go to WLAP dot com and sign up. Drew tweeted out a link to it already.
Speaker 4: It'll be on KSR after the show.
Speaker 2: They have plenty of they have a couple spots left, so if you want to play in this scramble joint, get on it.
Speaker 4: Be safe out there, Be safe out there.
Speaker 2: Smart another round of storms coming through, So for Ryan, Drew and Shannon, we'll see again tomorrow. This is Kentucky's Port Radio