Speaker 1: Look up to Reality the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: What's about that? Why did you y'all?
Speaker 3: Okay, love, y'all are trying to throw be shade talking about would I say to you?
Speaker 1: Jazz and the Dust said, you don't get I mean, it's part of being Carlos King and heavy is the head that rears the crown and God bless me the last name King for a reason.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it.
Speaker 1: And by the way, this is the most views that we've gotten a single live We are at thirty five hundred live viewer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh okay, hey, so hi guys, and I can't wait to see all the reports that's happened tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thank you to all who have joined.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been seeing some of y'all trying to read me about Mia.
Speaker 2: Carlos hype mea up.
Speaker 1: Carlos hyped me up thinking she was a star of the show, and she felt miserably.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would like to say this, and I want to hear from Dustin and Jasin.
Speaker 2: I stand by Mia being a star.
Speaker 1: I stand by Mia blyon right, the name that I gave her, that she ran.
Speaker 2: With it and did wonderful things with that name.
Speaker 1: The thing is this, when you are somebody that is the most talked about on the show. And we'll get into the specifics, right right, I wanted to say overall, Mia is exactly what I said she was because the only person, and Jasmine and Dustin, y'all tell me if I got this wrong. The only person we're talking about when it comes to Potomac is Mia, whether it's good or bad, right, whether good or bad, Mia is the person we're talking about.
Speaker 2: So my accuracy in saying that.
Speaker 1: Listen, She's the one that people talk about again, whether it's good or bad.
Speaker 2: And we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: But without Mia nothing would be happening, just like I said the same thing about Tamra on oc like her love her. Without Tamra, nothing would be happening. And again, I don't excuse things that Tamra's done, and I'm not excusing things that.
Speaker 2: Mea has done. We're about to get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wanted to say that, but I want Jason to go first with this Potomac episode and Joe your overall thoughts. So first things first, what are your thoughts on Mia Thor in this season?
Speaker 2: Jazz?
Speaker 4: I think to your point, she is the most talked about, but not in a good way. Like I leave every episode and I'm just like, what is she doing here? Like?
Speaker 5: What are we doing right now? I where do I start?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Mia? Do be lying? Mia?
Speaker 4: I don't like what she's doing with Gordon and his mental illness.
Speaker 5: It's always like blown out of proportion.
Speaker 4: Is she's using it as a crutch for her very bad behavior right now, she's using it as a crutch for her just being confused and what she wants to do. I hate that her children are involved. I mean, these are sentiments that everyone has shared. What I noticed in this last episode. I'm so glad that Wendy clocked it and called it out because this is Giselle and Mia, Like, Giselle, what did you? I was waiting for you to really like give Mia some fever, and you softball that her talking about your children and not being them, not being perfect, and divulging information to us that we weren't even privy to as an audience, about them trying to seek boys in like she was trying to like out her daughters for being fast or something like that. You have more smoke and fever for Candace or for mea not Miya. What's the child's name, Wendy and Candace? Okay for making faces that you couldn't even confirm were being made about your child, But you softball Mia.
Speaker 5: I don't like it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I get to this point all the time with Potomac. You know this, We've talked about this. We get to a point in the season where I'm just like, what am I doing here? I keep tuning in because something about it keeps bringing me back, but I don't like the way that it makes me feel after I stop watching it. This season has been a lot better than past seasons. I'll say that there's been a little bit of a lightness to it. But Mia, for me, again, she can go, she can go, And I don't care that you think with out heard, nothing would be happening in the season. We would be able to see other storylines, we would be able to see other things we will get to. I don't know Karen will give us something Mida can go for me.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this justin get saying what is it that Mia is doing to where you think she should go?
Speaker 2: Now listen.
Speaker 1: It's one of the things where I always say this to people. It's one thing that Okay, you had a bad season, right, or like I don't like I don't like some of the things you're doing this season. But Jazz, explain to me in the audience, why do you think she should like.
Speaker 2: Leave the show or be removed from the show?
Speaker 1: Like, what is it about Mia where you are just going beyond just saying okay, girl, I don't mess with you.
Speaker 2: But no, you're saying like Mia has to go.
Speaker 4: I don't say she has to go. She can go. Like if she was if she was not coming back in this season, I would not ask for her to come back.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't think about it.
Speaker 4: I don't like what she's doing with Gordon's mental health, Like that's really rubbing me the wrong way. And I feel like that's being like downplayed a little bit in the grand scheme of the conversation around me. It feels, really, it feels really insincere. He's in mania, he's in mania.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't fully articulate to you why she can go for me right, And I think maybe that's to your point why she's a great character for this show, because I just feel like she can go. But I can't really tell you why. I'm just not a fan of it. She has her moments where I think she brings some comedic timing, but it's not enough for me to like sit here and say I'm a fan that I need to that she's essential to the show.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like she's essential.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's a way to exploit her story that's making her seem like an essential figure, but she is not an essential figure of the cast.
Speaker 5: And that's just how I feel.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's thank your thoughts.
Speaker 6: Nice house, no furniture on the inside. Why that's what I think when it comes to me, And now here's my thing. Yes, you can do something that is conversation worthy, you know what I'm saying, But where is the fundamental value of it.
Speaker 7: Mia is not funny.
Speaker 6: She says things sometimes that you know are in beat or in step with whatever the story was at that time, that our humors. But she ain't funny just naturally. She don't be in her confessional saying shit to make you laugh. We don't believe nothing about anything that she says beyond her just lying. Like the peculiar odd nature of what's going on in her life is less than believable. I hate that blond hair on her with a passion. I think she looks so much better with dark hair. I do think she's a beautiful woman, but she dresses cheap, and sometimes that affects your perception of these people. When we're watching the fucking Housewives, right, we want to see something that is aspirational or whatever.
Speaker 7: Look at somebody like Wendy, Right, there's a lot to say.
Speaker 6: Let's dial back to what you said, Jasmine about Giselle and her reaction to Wendy speak negatively about her daughters versus the way that she has reacted to Wendy in the past. Jazelle still can't stand Wendy. They're obviously, and which we all knew. That's no surprise. They're obviously playing nice to get along for the sake of the show, and thank God for that, because that is what we need.
Speaker 7: From people who are capting on shows like this.
Speaker 6: There has to be a level of respect that you have and that motivates you to invest in the continuation of the show. Right, But Giselle can't stand Wendy. She never liked Wendy. She was only friendly with Wendy because Wendy sided with her against Monique in season five, sitting on that couch with that leather jacket on her shoulders, telling.
Speaker 7: Monique, I don't see the most in you.
Speaker 6: All of that is why Giselle liked Wendy at the time, the moment they had a disagreement, it was clear that she never gave her damn about Wendy in the first place. And this week we saw that Reary's head when Wendy as she should have, made no the difference in reaction and reception and Giselle cut her off at that table, that was no aid natural in the moment session, right Jasmine, she cut her off and said, you know, well, I see you and I were not speaking. We did it like it was very dismissive and very much in the tone of being reminded that I still don't fuck with you like that, You're just playing nice. Wendy has always had so much to offer this show, but she's always been handicapped by her first level to be connected to people that she liked on the show. For whatever reason, her and Gazelle are sorority sisters. There's a lot of alignment there, and Wendy just I think was attracted to a Jazelle presented as an anchor, a formidable anchor on this gas and she was thirsty for approval from her, from Robin, from Ashley, from all of them. Astley, she kind of went back and forth with the four degrees thing.
Speaker 7: In the beginning.
Speaker 6: That was a cute little you know that te but that's not anything substant Right now, the tides have changed.
Speaker 7: Wendy has a strong marriage.
Speaker 6: Her and her husband have faced controversy and accusations on this show and survived them. Wendy has gotten her coveted opportunity to read you know what I'm saying the cast members on the show and be you know, celebrated for it. Whitney has advanced to kind of a leadership role on the show because she has all the elements fundamentally to make her comfortable on the cast. And that's why we're seeing a light of hearted Wendy this season. She's laughing, she's focusing on the shit in her family. She's not focusing on the drama amongst the ladies. It's different here, Giselle. You don't care about Wendy. And so the minute that she called it out like she should have, you reminded her that me it was your friend, which she wasn't.
Speaker 7: Me and Gazel weren't never friends.
Speaker 6: When have you ever seen Jazel and Mia outside of the show, Carlos, you always say that's the line, right, that's the meter if we see him hanging out outside the show? Right, you ain't seen Jazel and Mia? You haven't, But but they decided to me.
Speaker 1: I thought at out, I did see a pig, because Mia talks about this my interview. When me it was going through with Gordon, Gizelle had a emascipation of mea like dinner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some you have for people you don't fuck with all the time. You know what I'm saying. So you have where you want where you want to make note, you know when you want to make highlight that you're there for some moment and you have an event and for the moment, no, heavenly and Jackie, I'm married to medicine. We'll get that later. But they're friends. They hang out and talked. Robin and Gazelle were friends, you know what I'm saying from the show. I don't think they was cool like that like that before the show, but when they started this show together, they think about it. That's a life changing experience, and you build bonds with the people that you share that experience with. They were really friends. Gazelle and Mia yang Win nowhere me and Jisell. Gizelle probably don't even know me as kids' names without she probably have to think about it, like what's the.
Speaker 7: Joshua? You know you can hear it now, you're like trying to think about it.
Speaker 6: So I just it's just not a real relationship, and I think that's sometimes. But y'all know what we got to talk about? Oh one more thing, ooh Jazz, I'm so glad. This is what I want to talk about. Ashley Ashley, Ashley, Ashley, let's talk about the Ashley Darby of it all. First of all, you are not and this is what irritates me about Ashley, Right, you ain't into that that boy that you got filming on this show, not one bit. And stop trying to pull that wool over our eyes.
Speaker 7: So to speak, by saying, I just really he kissed me in at it just ooh many of that men. No, you're not.
Speaker 6: You don't give a damn about that boy that you got filming with you on this show. And that lack of authenticity is what the problem is with Ashley on this show. Why aren't you filming in the in the on the floor of your closet, in your bedroom, crying about how scared you are about what's next for you? Why have you told us Michael Darby did this, This is why our marriage broke up, This is what we're going through. Why aren't you being transparent about that? But just giving us this? And I'm dating it's a hot guy, you know, it's a lot. That's not enough for me. That's not enough for me. That ain't enough for me. And I don't believe it's enough for either one of y'all either.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely not. But I think we've learned that from Ashley. She's never gonna give us the realty about where she's at with her relationship. There's no way you go from a man with means who is moneyed to the pool boy. I know he's not literally a pool boy, but that's what it's given. And yeah, from you know, the kiddi pool to the dating pool. She's not diving into the dating pool. She's lying about that's she's.
Speaker 5: Not being truthful about that.
Speaker 4: But she stopped being authentic about her relationship a really long time ago. So I do actually don't look to Ashley for that. I don't really I pay attention to her because she's there, but everything with her is kind of like, Okay, this is for this scene. You know, there's a big chatter about like Stacey renting TJ for the show actually is doing the same thing with.
Speaker 5: This Jock Carlow guy. So it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I've stopped looking to actually for authenticity a really long time ago.
Speaker 5: She's just a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Guy, listen, beautiful girl. I do think this.
Speaker 1: I think when it comes to Ashley, and I said this before and I'll say it again, I think Ashley joined the show at a time where it was like fun, you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's been revealed. I'm not saying anything that has to be revealed publicly.
Speaker 1: Ashley actually was going to be I think she auditioned for Blood, Swim and Hills, right, Yeah, you know she auditioned for that. So I'll only bring that up to say Ashley obviously had a desire to get on reality television and she successfully got on the show. And what we're but what we can do, not that we're doing it. I'm talking about globally, is a knowledge that at one point in time Ashley brought some amazing moments to the show. You know, she was a she was necessary in the sense of like Ashley, and she'll say this herself, Ashley is funny and messy, and she loves she loves being funny and messy. And when it came to Michael Garby, there was so much wealth of just like insanity that came along with their relationship, what he was doing or not doing, all of those things. And I do think what we're seeing now is Ashley just seems to be checked out.
Speaker 2: But when I say checked out.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't think the love she had for the show at the beginning is still there. And I think she just I think she shows up and she makes sure she does something so that she could earn her check. But I don't see the love of the show in Ashley's anymore. Somebody when my braindrops said she was on say yes in the dress. Listen my brain drops through the research.
Speaker 2: Baby, listen all journalists, journalists, Hey, Portia, getting where you fit in?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: I I just don't think she loves it anymore. I don't think she enjoys it anymore. I think she's there just to be there. And that's that's what I see when I look at Ashley.
Speaker 5: She's there to get her singing career off the ground.
Speaker 7: Jazz where's it going? Once? And leave the ground? Remember she was singing at the at the g n A.
Speaker 5: Said where's where's the auto tune? He said, where's the auto tune?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I just ask her next act. I'm just over there, I think.
Speaker 6: And mia back to the mea of it all, like like just the lack of authenticity, I believe is the problem there. You can have a willingness to be transparent, but that can only go so far when the what are you being transparent about? It's just no substance there, you know, And on a show like the Real Housewives of Potomac specifically where we were introduced to these women where they were having spats related to a code of etiquette, you know what I'm saying. So to go from that to Mia and Ink, you know what I'm saying in the conversations that they haven't over them children's head like that, I just think it is a shocking departure from what the show is really about. And I would love to see Mia really confront the real shit that's going on in her life in a real way, not crying for the sake of crying so that you can say you had a vulnerable moment.
Speaker 7: But actually, I'll give you a prime example.
Speaker 6: There was a huge difference in what we saw from Mia when they showed her on that phone after Gordon had taken those kids from removed them from the care of the nanny and took them wherever, he took them across state line to wherever, four hours away whatever.
Speaker 7: That was real. When you watch me.
Speaker 6: Looking at that phone and she was like, I'm so mad, I don't know what to do, Like I'm just as long as my kids. Okay, that was some real shit. That wasn't no manufactured you know what I'm saying. I'm gonna share this because it's the lationist and this can be my story that was that was authentic, and there's a huge difference in the way that that feels as a viewer and what it adds to what pertaining to the way that we view the people on this cast.
Speaker 7: We want more of that.
Speaker 6: If Mia can do that, if she can give us honest reactions about the real shit that's going on in her life, then then bring it on.
Speaker 7: And I'm never the person that says they need to be fired.
Speaker 6: I think that's lame and I actually think it's not the view It's not our place as viewers to make those decisions. Right, these are the stories were presented, So let's just have a pians about what were been presented with And that being said, I think that there's time for some recalibration when it comes to the way that Mea is moving on this show, starting with her friendship with Jacqueline. What's going on because it feels like they used to go together and they have a bond that you know, has superseded the changes that have occurred in their lives. In their lives rather and now they just stick together. Mia was laughing, fake making fake laughing noises while Jacquelin was doing that sorry pisspoor sorry ass at ten for a moment by bringing those balloons to Karen's party, right, Mia was laughing. No, it wasn't funny. Nobody was laughing with you. It was nothing funny about it. And that's the shit that I feel like is a waste of time when it comes to this show. Me and you're wasting our time going out having a conversation when we get to the point where the scenes that make the cut our jack women standing in the street walking from the driveway to the street.
Speaker 7: And saying, oh she now we're in the street. I can stand here.
Speaker 6: She doesn't own this, and they stand there when that's what made the cut, there's a problem and you might not have a valuable contribution to the threads of the story of this show if that's all you got.
Speaker 7: So I'm sorry, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I just think there needs to be some reassessing done when it comes to me and her goddamn friends. There needs to be some sort of adjustment.
Speaker 4: Get Jacqueline off my screen yesterday, but I think she's so late late to me, like every time she's and you can tell production also thinks she's late because look at the edit that they're giving her.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, yes, Jay, they don't see it for her.
Speaker 5: Jack, they don't. I'm just I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Late.
Speaker 4: It's not funny. It's not giving anything. It's there for me, a support and to give her back up when she needs it. That's all it's giving for me. Like if Jacqueline was like funny on her own, or if you could stand on her own. She was even bringing us really good passions something.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, let's not talk about that romper she had on at the Love Lagoon and she showed up Okay, y'all remember Dots. There used to be a story called Dots where you can get shipped like that. I'm just gonna say that. And that's what it looked like where she came from. Why are you even and shout out to k Keanu said that in a confessional, you could at least showed up looking sexy like you showing up like this doing this. It was just a failed attempt at a moment, And that's why people need to stick to the intention of their place on this cash. You cannot try to make a moment. You have to have honest reactions and have a real relevance to whatever is going on with the story.
Speaker 7: You cannot do dumb shit because it fails.
Speaker 6: Just like that bringing them balloons and eight for your eight sit tastes. There's nothing funny about that, nothing her.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's the delivery I do. Speaking of reassessing though, like you mentioned with me, I actually had an epiphany as we're sitting here and we're conversing about this, and I think I need to do somewhere. I need to do some reassessing as a viewer, like what do I want from these people, because like we can talk about them not being authentic, and then when they might be being authentic, right to me, it's credit. Maybe this Gordon thing is her reality and it's real, but then she's being authentic and it still isn't enough for me. Right, So I'm not saying I'm speaking for every reality TV fan. I am speaking for myself, though, maybe I need to reassess and reevaluate, like how I want these people to show up and like what I'm expecting from reality TV actors, because at the end of the day, all they owe me is entertainment, and like, I need to just find the entertainment in it, you know what I mean. I think to the point of Potomac, a lot of well, actually, all the reality TV girls and guys and Day's right, people on reality TV now are very like hyper away of everything, like there's spandems. They know that people are going to react to them. If they do the right thing, they're in the good graces. If they do the wrong thing, it's a war zone every time they log into social media, and no one wants to be on the wrong side of that. So they all do these things where they like they want to be the fan favorite favorite, so they want to have these moments. They create these manufactured moments like bringing a balloons for eight citations.
Speaker 1: Child, We are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 4: And they don't want to show the real things that are going on in their lives because if we don't agree with it as viewers, it's vitriol, right, And so I think, as a viewer, I need to take a step back and reassess what I'm actually expecting from these people. And yeah, maybe, yeah, I think it's just.
Speaker 7: A saying race.
Speaker 1: That's a good question raised though, and what it's interesting and I want to cook with this too. You know, there's a couple of things you said that I want to dress.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 1: When reality first started, right, So let's go back to like two thousand I started Reality TV doing the first season of Atlanta Housewives, right. So prior to that, OC already aired in New York City, just rap production but in an air yet, right, So I want to say two thousand and five is when The Real Housewives, or two thousand and six, one of those years is when the Real house Watch of Orange County came on. So prior to that, you have Flavor of Love, but the focal point was obviously Flavor flav And then Tiffany Pollard became like this surprise breakout.
Speaker 2: Star, but you have to dive into her personal life.
Speaker 1: She came in like trying to let me get this man and check all these girls. Right, So when reality started becoming more about your personal lives, right, even in the real world they were stuck in the house together and had to navigate being a part of.
Speaker 2: Each other's lives.
Speaker 1: You didn't go home with Tammy Roman you know what I mean, Like, you focused on Tammy Roman inside this house and that's the only thing you knew about Tammy Roman.
Speaker 7: Right. As an example, when.
Speaker 1: Atlanta Housewives first came on board, I remember the first week of filming. So the first week of filming Atlanta Housewise is when Nini was not allowed in Charret's house. This is the first week of filming, right, and it was like, what show is this? Because the reactions and everything else were super duper real, And Sharay admitted later on my podcast, Hey Exclusive All my podcast that yeah, she definitely did not put Nini's name on the list because she did not want Nini in her house because in real life, she said, I don't care if there are cameras here. In real life, this woman would not be a lot of my house, so she won't be in my house. That was a real moment she was. It wasn't social media wasn't out back then. So I think what happened with reality is let's have a real conversation what happened with reality television?
Speaker 2: Which is why jas did you raised a good point in terms.
Speaker 1: Of what am I supposed to not like what I'm seeing or am I supposed to accept it and say that's that person's move on. I think what's happening nowadays is people during reality TV for the wrong reason.
Speaker 2: A lot of people during reality TV for a.
Speaker 1: Quick a quick fame, right, fame quickly, and a lot of them join it for the sole purpose of like, I'm gonna make something quick, get my name out there and keep it pushing. And then there's there's a lot of them too who come in with these preconceived notions of I know who I want to be, I know how I'm gonna act, I know exactly what I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Bring, and they don't allow themselves to be real.
Speaker 1: And last, but most importantly, most importantly, thank you. I just about to get the ring. My brain drops are the best. By the way, we all have the same mind right, social media, and I'm going to say this, social media has been a gift to all of us. You know, I was able to meet Jasmine that way. You know, me and Deskin were able to know each other that way. I will never ever negate the power of social media, past, present or future.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Not going anywhere, well, TikTok allegedly is in January, but.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other story for all who another day.
Speaker 1: Social media commentary has ruined the reality star. Yeah, social media commentary has ruined the reality star. And when I say that, what I'm saying is a couple of things have happened, and y'all ain't gotta believe me. I don't really give a ship. I'm in the business, so I know what I'm talking about, and I'm not saying it ruined a lot of them, but a large portion of them.
Speaker 2: What has happened is.
Speaker 1: The comments on social media has become so impactful in the reality star's life that they refuse to show up themselves and they they perform for the social media comments. They become a caricature based on what they think people like about them. They come in with gimmicks, thinking like this is going to make me iconic, or this is what's going to make me a star.
Speaker 7: The reason.
Speaker 5: Does she who shall not be named.
Speaker 2: The reason why I bring this up.
Speaker 4: Those dog treats one season. I'm still mad about that, and not to derail about it, and.
Speaker 6: The whole country glam she had on at the reunion that year too. Drew said, in that first chair, looking like Loretta Lynch, Loretta Lynn and all that, Patsy Klin full Country Glam.
Speaker 7: I was like, Damn Drew, Like you are a missed opportunity, right. I think that's the frustration. It was as that's a lot of it.
Speaker 1: A lot of it are those three cases. A lot of them joined to get famous and real quick. A lot of them join it just to and when they do join it, social media commentary has really taken a toll on them.
Speaker 2: And that's the reason why.
Speaker 1: You know, one example that I always give and I'm only talking about this because she talks about the publicly, because I don't tell my cast business in terms of private conversations.
Speaker 2: But Letitia Scott is somebody who.
Speaker 1: Contacted me and said the comments are very vicious and I don't know how to handle this.
Speaker 2: And I said to her, you have to get off Twitter. You have to get off Twitter. Do it for yourself, do it for your mental health.
Speaker 1: Long story short, she did it, and Tisha is her words, not mine. Tisha is living her rich wife era and it's because she found she found the rhythm for her. So my advice to reality stars is you have to find the rhythm that works for you. You can't be a slave to the comments of social media because let me teak you something. And Jasmine and Dustin knows this for sure. One day y'all love me, the next y'all hate me. I'm beloved years from And one thing I don't do and Jasmine knows is a lot doing our podcast together because my.
Speaker 2: Opinion costs so much conversation.
Speaker 1: That Jasmina was like, oh these people are they like you?
Speaker 2: But a lot of people do like me. But one thing I said to her and I say to Dustin, is.
Speaker 1: I'm never going to be a slave to comments because as long as I show up with the best intentions and authentically me, I already won the game. And so Jasmine, I bring all of that up to say, when you ask yourself, like what MEA is giving, this is my opinion, and you guys, I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: Mia in my opinion. After I met Mia in.
Speaker 1: Person and she sat down on my college for an hour and we were able to talk afterwards, that is Mia.
Speaker 2: Now, look, you don't have to like it. And I used to talk about whether or not you know you're supposed to like it.
Speaker 1: The only thing I will say when it comes to MEA as an example, and I'm only bringing a Miya because Jasmine brought a Mia, Like whatever is that? That is who Mia honestly is is when the cameras ain't rolling. Mia came into my studio the way Mia walking into a scene and yes, doesn't shad blonde hair, and they on the conversations I was having with Mia after our interview wrapped, I was like, she is everything that I expected her to be. But I do think it's what Dustin said and doesn't actually gave me this advice when it comes to comments, doesn't said to me, Carlos, the comments that people.
Speaker 2: Leave is not for you. It's for them and the other people the comments.
Speaker 7: To have a dialogue.
Speaker 1: And when I say to you, right Jackson, when I say to you that lightbulb switch for me, it hit me. The comments that people leave under your post has absolutely nothing to do with you the individual. They have to have a conversation in the comments and let's have a real conversation. When we see a funny post on the Shade Room neighborhood talk Jasmine brand on anything. What's the first thing we do. We go to the comments to see the best comment. And that's the reason why you have to understand and all of us.
Speaker 2: Have to own it.
Speaker 1: We all look in the comments to see which one is cooking the best commentary, which is why we say I'm gonna come back when the comments are lit. So what we're doing when you say that is you're forcing people to lead the most ridiculous, salacious comment in the world for your entertainment.
Speaker 2: So again, when it comes to reality TV, my advice to you, Jazz is.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have to say to yourself, maybe this ain't for me anymore. There's certain shows I stop watching that I realize this ain't for me anymore. I'm years old, I'm in a very different place in my life. Life has life has been lifing and for me, I'm not gonna say it. What shows I stop watching?
Speaker 7: So please, please God, Please.
Speaker 2: That's a whole nother That's a whole nother YouTube.
Speaker 1: That's that's another YouTube post that's gonna come out this week. What I will say is, and this is me being honest with you guys, there's a lot of shows I stop watching because I said to myself it no longer is for me. And what I did, I just took a step back and said, once I feel like it's give me what I desire. I'll return, but I'll end it with this. I literally, guys, I'll sun to my own shows. And this is me being very honest. I only watched two reality shows a week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that doesn't mean that you're online trashing the shows that you don't watch.
Speaker 7: And I think that's the difference, right.
Speaker 6: You have to learn your you have to not even learn, you have to understand your responsibility as a viewer of the show.
Speaker 7: To not be toxic. You know what I'm saying. It's just the reality of it.
Speaker 6: I'll talk just as much shit as the next person, but that I try my best not to go out of my way and bring negative energy towards something that if I don't rock necessarily with something, I just don't. I don't have to declare the fact that I don't rock.
Speaker 7: With it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And I think that's the difference the comments section, and I firmly believe this.
Speaker 7: It is not for the person that's in the video.
Speaker 6: It's for the people that watch the video or read the post or whatever and are employed to share some sort of or have a reaction that they think is worthy to be shared. That's what it's for. Have fun down there. It's not for people we're on this live right now. It's none of our business what's going on in the chat. Our job is not to see something in the chat and then respond or reform at or whatever to appease that.
Speaker 7: Those are for the comments.
Speaker 6: That are for people who are watching this and discussing it amongst themselves. And it's a respectable, great place, and we thank God for it. We thank God for those passionate reactions. We thank God for the views because it keeps everything going. But there is a line of accountability and and just just decency that a person has to have and not be willing to go the extra mile to make contact or make get yourself noticed or whatever. It's just not have your fun, have a reaction to the show, and be entertained and and and move on. That's all we need to do. So it's tricky, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Before oh go ahead, I's gonna take something way.
Speaker 4: I feel like we cannot wrap up pot on the conversation.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Have you talked about Karen.
Speaker 7: No, we haven't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to make it too long, right, Like speaking of authenticity and just like sharing real stories. I do want Karen to come back next season. I want Karen to address like what happened. I don't take glee and that I don't find it entertaining. I actually find it very sad to witness. But I do think that Karen has the opportunity to take like hold like take accountability and say, hey, I did this thing. This was messed up. I put myself in danger, I put other people in danger. This is how I'm going to do better. I do think in all of my maybe reassessing of like what I want from reality TV stars, at the end of the day, these guys are stars, and I think there is a real opportunity for a teachable moment with drinking and driving, and everybody knows I love caring down. I do not support this, but I think there is an opportunity for Karen to come back next season and say, or even at the reunion, I messed up, like I had a drinking problem, or I have a drinking problem.
Speaker 5: I'm getting to help.
Speaker 4: This is not okay to do, like, don't find entertainment in this.
Speaker 5: This was not good, this was not cool.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's nothing she can say after them videos we saw over the weekend, because when I tell you, our girl was on one that night and it just was the reality of it.
Speaker 7: Karen was drunk. She was drunk driving.
Speaker 6: Thank God in heaven or whatever your belief system is, Thank your sore that no one was hurt, that she was not hurt, Thank God that the police officer, there was no weird police shit between her and them, you know what I mean. For the most part, Karen just has to pay her debt to society whatever that looks like, and move on from this in a healthier way.
Speaker 7: But I want to know what she was taught. What did she mean?
Speaker 6: I want to know what you mean, you Thomas Jefferson's kind? What was she Karen must that she was full of mad dog or booms farm. She was drinking some old that was one of them, good drunk, just down in it. She was just feeling that shit, you know what I'm saying. And I thought that that was hilarious.
Speaker 7: So it wasn't funny. Poor Ray, bless us her.
Speaker 6: Ray was trying his best to help her at that scene with the police. He was trying his best, digging for an idea or whatever, holding on that envio on that bag without complaint. Right if we didn't think, I know Ray said whatever he said on the show before by I think so if I mean, if he's in love with or whatever, damn it, we know now because Ray was a ride or die. You know what I'm saying for Karen and that that case, and it just ain't nothing she can say. Karen just going this reunion and be like, yes, I fucked up. I fucked up bad, y'all all saw it. What do you want me to do? I'm apologizing to my family and to the world, to the officers, and that's it. Just say what you did, take accountability, and then check each and every one of them on those couches at that reunion to have their own bones.
Speaker 7: Ready to fall out the closet. That's what you do.
Speaker 6: You take accountability, they don't make no excuses, and then handle your business. And I also want to say, I think it's utterly ridiculous as even being discussed that there's rumors of her being fired for this. There's no reason that Karen should lose her employment with who's the production company over there, whoever it is? That Okay, Yeah, truly you're losing your that's ridiculous. Karen does not need to be fired or disciplined. This has nothing to do, if anything, this is what we're gonna talk about on the damn show.
Speaker 7: So she doesn't need to depart the show for this letter. Cook, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, no, listen.
Speaker 1: So what I'll say is I'll echo the same sentiments our thoughts and press got.
Speaker 2: To Karen.
Speaker 1: And it's it's it's just something to where. Yeah, it was we love Karen and I and I saw karens the last week, the week before, I saw Cam before and she was in great spirits. She was in great spirits. It's just it's a very it was very sad. It was very sad. But again, listen, my priss brought to Karen and Ray and the children, and like just Dustin said, we'll see Karen at the reunion. I do think they're taping it very soon, so you know we'll be able to hear her thoughts about this. But yeah, it was very sad. It was very sad. Yeah, So we have to talk about maritime medicine.
Speaker 2: Jasmine tweet you on fire last night.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this thing that everybody wants to address. Let's let's just get right into it. So Contesta is bad. Contesta is back as a friend up. So Contessa, as we all know, was a main cast member for I think like five six seasons if I'm not mistaken, maybe, and she is now back as a friend to the show. The cast went on a trip and things started tripping.
Speaker 2: Jasmine, go ahead, child, I'm gonna say lots of thoughts.
Speaker 4: Because Heavenly was so nasty for that. She was so nasty, like that yo mama stuff. She's got in trouble for that. But Contessa was trying to give her now like my mom who passed away, My mom who passed away, and she she stood on it. Disgusting And I will say I do not condone violence, but as someone who has a sick mother right now, if somebody was saying yo mama, and we're in the heat of the moment.
Speaker 5: I would have slapped the shit out of her. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I do not condone violence, but that's a slappable offense, like are you kidding me? That was so disgusting. And then Heavenly talks all this, and then she was calling for security. Heavenly, Heavenly stop doing so much. Stop running your mom so much. If you know you're gonna be calling for security, that's what you get. I think with this, there were there were people who were saying both ways, like what Contessa was saying to Heavenly was hurtful, but keep it at the husbands, keep it, keep it there, like, don't talk about somebody who's dead parent like I can't. I can't get through that. I can't get over that. And if I was contested, I would never ever speak to Heavenly ever again, Like there would be never a word that Heavenly could say to me. I don't care if it's sorry, because you took it there and I tried to give you one out to stop yourself and realize what you were saying, and you dug your heels in. I will never speak to her again if I was contesta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing is and just I'll get to you too. The thing is this, And I told Heavily this too. Heavily knows how I feel.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't like your mama jokes, that's me.
Speaker 7: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: My mom has passed away. I'm with you, Jazz in terms of I just don't like your mama jokes.
Speaker 7: I don't like your.
Speaker 1: Mama jokes as a kid because I was a mama's boy. So you talk about my mama, you know it's a problem.
Speaker 2: This is my thing, this is my thing.
Speaker 1: I just think your mama jokes or talking about someone's.
Speaker 2: Mom, I just think you should keep it to each other.
Speaker 1: Like like leave the lead, the moms out of it, the kids out of it.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't even say that. I think it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: Where if you and I, Jasmine, if you and I are getting into it and I have a problem with you, I'm going to address you.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna dress your man.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to talk.
Speaker 1: About your I'm gonna I'm not gonna bring your man into our our beef.
Speaker 2: I think it's just stick to each other. If y'all gonna go toe to toe, go toe to toe.
Speaker 1: I I I don't like your mama Joe's I've never liked it. I've said it to heavily before. You know how I feel. And I love this heavenly and the same thing when Candace said it to me a once, and I love Candace, and I said, I just I just think you, Yeah, I am somebody I have never liked it, and I just, I just I just think, leave the mothers, the children, and the husbands out of the reeds and stick with each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, you say something about my mama or dead or alive, and I'm I'm fucking your personally.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But that's me, so I totally understand it. I think that it is worth noting right that Contessa was taking some vera and y'all please excuse of course, here comes the sirens of Harlem when I started speaking my peace about this, but Contesta started a lot of that low blow mud slinging that was going on. I guess that's Heavenly coming to give me for I talk about.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 5: She to me and queens don't.
Speaker 7: But but I think that started a lot of that low blow.
Speaker 6: Shit when she was saying things. Let's let's zoom out a little bit, because sometimes that to do right. Heavenly and Contessa are an unlikely duo that became real friends in real life, traveled together, intermingled their families, share personal information like they were real friends. We know that for Heavenly to have that sort of commitment to a relationship, the the allegiance that she has like the doctor Jackie, you know to people that she too quiet. You know, through it all, she maintains a connection with her because that fundamental relationship is important. That's sorarity when it comes to what we've seen from Doctor Heavenly on this show. She really cared about Contesta and Kintessa appeared to really care about her when they started arguing on this week's episode, Kintessa was saying some shit that were obvious low blows because she's hurt. She resents Heavenly for speaking on the details that she shared with her about her marriage when she was at a low point with her husband, and Heavenly held too tight to those things and started behaving differently with Contessa's husband. With Kntessa, that's a grave mistake that you make in a friendship. You got to keep that separated, you know what I mean, And you have to be the type of friend that knows how to compartmentalize all of that. Unless a person's safety is involved, that's a different conversation. But telling you details about your man or whatever, you keep that in as a friend. Heavenly crossed the line with that. Kintessa got back with her man and was too. She wasn't ready to deal with a recont of the embarrassment of kind of facing and accepting standing in the shit that she said, so instead, she thought it was smarter to just go at Heavenly all no holds by. That's why we've seen guns blazing from her for her to talk about Heavenly.
Speaker 7: She said, you buy your kids.
Speaker 6: You started, and she was yelling so that what she was saying would be sure to be amplified on the mics and be carried into the final cut. She said, you know, you bought a beauty supply to love keep your daughter's love, and it failed, It didn't succeed. She was taking some real low blows talking about Heavenly's love for her children, all that kind of shit.
Speaker 7: That's why Heavenly started talking about that husband.
Speaker 6: And to me, it's a full stop I'm by no means excuse me what doctor Heavenly said about Contessa's mother, her deceased mother. That was reprehensible, right, so full stop wrong as hell. You wrong for saying that about her deceased mother. But Contessa was slinging a lot of low blows in that argument too, And I have a very I have a disdain for people who into friendship with someone and then take it to then try to use the things you know to try to hurt them. To me, that's just a nasty spirit that I saw surface. People put that on Heavenly a lot, but we saw it in blatant vorn from Contesta. Every scene we've seen her in this season as a friend, she's letting us know how much she can't stand Heavenly. I don't know if that's to ensure, you know what I'm saying, her place on the cast or what, but it doesn't look good when you come off of that. I didn't like that. I don't think that's who Contesta is as a person. I think she's a very accomplished physician. She used to talk about wanting to be the surgeon General. She had lofty goals and like just a beautiful family, you know what I'm saying, a gorgeous home. There's so much more to concentrate on than her bad clothes and her fighting with Heavenly. So I just would rather, you know what I'm saying, like, I would rather them figure that out and Contesta just get back to being fun and lighthearted as opposed to someone with an axe to grind. Every fucking time we see her, it just becomes a lot. Honestly, think she forgot. I think heavenly forgot that Contesta's mother was passed away. In the heat of that argument, and after it came out, instead of saying I'm sorry, I didn't think I shouldn't have said that kind of owning it, then she doubled down on it in anger, and that was just flat out wrong as hell, just wrong as fuck.
Speaker 7: There's nothing you can say why.
Speaker 1: Leave, Because the thing is this, you never know what someone's mama is going through. Jasone just reveal her mother is sick as of today, So me being somebody who knows her mother is alive.
Speaker 2: You know, if I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Jackson mama was sick just because I said your mama jokes. That's why I just think. I just think this for everybody. Leave the mammas and the daddy kids.
Speaker 2: Out of it. Don't talk about kids, don't talk about.
Speaker 1: You know, parents. And the thing with Contesta listen, I love Contessa. I was I was sad she wasn't returning to the show. The Contessa is definitely going low. That what I loved about Contessa was Kintessa to me, being a fan of the show, she always kind of rolls above it a little bit without without being seen as somebody who can defend herself. I don't like the low mud slinging from Contesta because I agree with you that I just don't think that's her. And I know and Contessa Contessa is funny, she she's smart, and she.
Speaker 2: Could get with you.
Speaker 1: But I was surprised with some of the things Contesta was saying, only because that's not the Contesta that I've ever saw.
Speaker 7: M h. It's clear, it's clear.
Speaker 6: That's why it seems so forced and so like god damn, like what why? Why is this what you're choosing to do when there's so many other options here. So I hope they figure that out. But to me, that's like a point of no return. My mamma passed away. You fuck with my family a lot. I don't care what side of the ground they are. You messed with mine at I love. That's a non negotiable, Like there's no coming back from that. So let's see what that looks like, you know, in the form of a reality show. I don't know, but true, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be gonna be hard.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I was just gonna say.
Speaker 4: Outside of that though, like we talked about what I want out of reality stars, this is a show. I'm riding with them to the will fall off. I love Mary Medicine like these I watched this show and I'm like, I want to be just like these ladies. When I get into like my fifties and sixties, like just beautiful, Like even when they get into the drama, like it feels like until this this point, it always felt like stuff that they could come back from. And that's what I've always loved about this show. So I'm gonna I'm gonna keep watching it. But yeah, if I was contested, I just I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. But she might be in want of my forgiveness.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing is that it's gonna be hard to see how they be able to navigate through that.
Speaker 2: So they haven't shot their reunion yet. One thing that we know Heavenly has done in the past that we've seen, she will apologize, for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping Heavenly apologizes to her, But like Jasmine said, it's an apology even enough, and and and that's something that we have to respect Contessa's boundaries.
Speaker 7: It's an apology enough.
Speaker 1: And listen on the on the other side of it, can heavenly possibly accept an apology when Contessa accused.
Speaker 2: Daddy of having was it mixed babies?
Speaker 6: Yes, she said, mixed babies with the possible last name of coms on the internet rumors bullshit that should have never made it to the final cut.
Speaker 7: But yes, yes, so can.
Speaker 1: Heavenly forgive her for putting out there that Damon may have side children when his kids have to listen to that.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think there's a certain things that if you're going to read each other, listen. One thing about Lenithia Monique Johnson Leaks and kimberly' zoziac.
Speaker 2: Those two used to ring.
Speaker 1: This down down to the ground Scharay and Needy raised Rovert he you know what I'm saying, Like you lost your house, you lost they kept it. They kept it to each other, like let's go and and I think if the reality girls want to listen, I think go back to keeping it beeping with each other and leave everything else out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Well, look, tonight has been fantastic. If it's everything I thought it would be any more, Mother.
Speaker 2: And Night Lives always pull the surprise.
Speaker 1: This and Jason and Dustin, I thank you to so much for making this the most viewed live ever had this year and for us to sort of like culminate what an amazing year this has been. I also have announcement to make. Are you ready for it?
Speaker 4: Carlos, I can't take any more?
Speaker 2: Right, I have an announcement to make.
Speaker 1: Okay, Reality with the King Tour is coming back next year.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I was prepared for what, So make sure you follow me for updates and I will be announcing something very special along with some guests.
Speaker 2: So all, I'm up to reality TV. He's amazing. Joe his name is Joe, Joey. Thanks for stopping in, okay.
Speaker 7: Joey love that platform?
Speaker 1: Yes all right, So I love you, jaff, I love you Dustin. Thanks for spending Monday night with me YouTube Live and I'll see you guys soon.
Speaker 4: You are too, Can I say one quick? Being really quickly Carlos?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: So I'm casting for a video podcast called First on Us. We're casting in Atlanta right now, and we want to send singles in Atlanta on blind dates and we're gonna pay for the whole thing. So if you are single in Atlanta, and I mean single single, no situationships, okay, you are a diverse single so we're looking for all races, all sexual orientations, all gender identities. Okay, first on us dot com.
Speaker 5: Apply.
Speaker 4: You have to be twenty eight years or older though, because we need mature folks. But yeh, go to first on us dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King under score on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby