Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to The Odd Couple podcasts. Be sure to check us out live every weekday from four to seven pm Pacific seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us every day on the iHeartRadio by searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Give this puddies, you're listening to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: US ridy, come on in, I can't we is it Friday? Already Friday? Unbelievable?
Speaker 4: And you know what with that password, you now have full access to this very five radio program for the next three hours.
Speaker 3: So not three not full. Thank you. I know you guys got your butts kicked last time.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry about that now much, not five, not six seven, No matter how you listen in Fox Sports Radio, Fox Sports Radio, the iHeartRadio app, Serious XM Channel eighty.
Speaker 3: Three, and now love on YouTube. That's right, YouTube, me is what up? Alright? Mab what up?
Speaker 4: Say my name Rob Parker, say his name kelvin Washington, and we are indeed the Odd Couple on a funky Flashback Friday. You'll need our telephone number because guess what we are with our question The most listener friendly national sports talk radio show on the planet. Ben, Now, at least when people are still away, that's the only time that counts. I mean, I liked it for them to count for Ben's show, but we can't get you. I'm sorry, Ben, all right, write it down Committed to memory eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox for you layman out there that can't figure out the letters and numbers when it comes to a phone number eight seven seven nine nine six sixty three sixty nine. And if you hear feedback on the line at your own fault, it means only one thing.
Speaker 5: You forgot to turn down the radio.
Speaker 4: And if you call in here and have a problem with what we say to you, tough, because.
Speaker 3: Well I'm talking to you the way I want to talk to you. You have a problem, turn off your station. That's right, what all that said. Always remember the Odd Couple was filmed in front of a live audience.
Speaker 1: Sweetie Beaty, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Let's got a big show on a Funky Flashback Friday.
Speaker 3: Let me welcome in my co host.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: Kelvin Washington.
Speaker 1: That's right, man, Happy Funky Flashback Friday. You mentioned it Friday crypt up on US Quick Yes, and uh, man, anybody on the east coast, the south, you know, the southeast, that where man, just bundle up if you feel not, if it's not too late, get a generator because it's about to be really, really rough on that side of the country.
Speaker 3: Well, get on a plane with Ted Cruz and get out of die.
Speaker 1: Oh, just get out of Dodge. That's what he Yeah, he tends to do that, right, Like, Hey, what's going on to me? Get on a body here real quick. Yeah, so shot to everybody listening, you know those parts of the country, be safe out there.
Speaker 4: I'll talk to a couple buddies in Detroit today and everybody the same thing. Freezing cold, like talk to Stony today since minus five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's just freezing, yeah, and freezing. It might get even worse in you know, certain parts. So yeah, so just you know, try to stay warm. If you're in the house, bundled up. Listen to that couple.
Speaker 4: We got you all right, And a leave is here to help you keep your New Year's resolutions on track.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: With up to twelve hours of body pain relief per dose, a leave helps. A leave keeps you moving and with the long lasting body pain relief so that you can achieve your goals. That's right, use as directed for minor aches and pains. We're gonna throw out the number. We're gonna get a lot of people involved today eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven nine nine six sixty three sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Obviously, we're gonna get to the.
Speaker 4: AFC and NFC championship games on Sunday, obviously for a trip to go to the suit super Bowl. For you guys programming note wise, we will be at the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I'm leaving next Sunday after you come on Monday. Yep, you and Rob G.
Speaker 4: But we'll be there from Monday through Friday, all the guests, all the things on Radio Row in San Francisco. So we're looking forward to fun. Yeah, be a good time. We'll going to this restaurant in San Francisco. I've been bragging about half years all right now, getting me all excited.
Speaker 3: And oh, why are you get the thumbs down? Rob G?
Speaker 6: When you get better than thumbs up for you show, that's the new thumbs down.
Speaker 1: There's the new thumbs up. I'll take a thumbs down. You like my album thumbs down? I appreciate you, bro. Yeah good looking Yeah, thumbs thumbs down is the new thumbs out? Yes, yeah, looking forward to you say, it's like a six dollars steak.
Speaker 4: That's a little. I'm a little concerned about that. It's a it's a lot. It's like fourteen ninety nine ribbi steak, a thin what not, a big fat ribbi potatoes, home home fries, potatoes, eggs, cook your way.
Speaker 3: And then they got they search champagne and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 4: We can get them amosa, Like we could really have a nice meal and the food is good, and the food is really good, and the whole premises these are ex cons and stuff getting.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: And so we're helping the community as well. Uh you know, just don't go to the restroom. You might get held up. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: But other than we got to go together, all right, y'all, we're all going three? What two?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 3: Let's go all right. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't be talking about Delancys if I didn't think it was I'm looking forward to San Francisco. Right off the water, let me be able to look out the windows, see the water I'm looking forward to man some good hours. It's always great eating out that way. All right, we'll do that. Let's welcome in the Yachd couple. Cool, because you wouldn't be able to do this fine radio program without them.
Speaker 3: Rob g is our producer. Wow, already, Robfter, you've down ready.
Speaker 1: You went from the goat Bad to the Bud Mexican to now in Bood.
Speaker 3: Okay. Martin Weiss is at the anchor desk.
Speaker 4: He'll keep us updated throughout the program, of course, Elijah, this is our social guru. And on the ones and twos, why your bucket? Mary saying, all right, let's get right to it. Rob guh just the news that shook me and Calvin today and I honestly thought it was a joke, right and it did.
Speaker 3: And this is why we're gonna start with this again.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to the AFC and NFC championship games, so we're gonna get to all that.
Speaker 3: Well, the story lies, but this is something that hit us today. Guys.
Speaker 7: It can be argued that the Buffalo Bills head coaching vacancy is far and away the most appealing vacancy in this cycle, whether it's been filled, or not filled get a chance to work with Josh Allen on a perennial contender.
Speaker 3: It's a fantastic job.
Speaker 7: So if naturally they got their pick of the letter when it comes to coaches, well, earlier on Friday, the Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen apparently we'll get to that part later interviewed the head coach from Saint Michael Catholic High School in Fairhope, Alabama.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 7: Former NFL voter back Philip Rivers was interviewed today for the head coaching gig with the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: We don't know how it went, but we know he had the interview.
Speaker 7: And he is being seriously considered, so much so that Vegas currently has him with the second best.
Speaker 3: Odds to get the gig.
Speaker 4: And Kelvin I'm just gonna say, I've been covering to the National Football leag since nineteen eighty seven. This league, more than any other league, just bothers me because we see the same thing over and over. The gold posts are move for people to get opportunities. At one time, black assistant coaches couldn't even get interviews. That's why they implemented the Ruty rule that forced owners to even interview, forget about hiring. Here we are in a job cycle, ten head coaching jobs open. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. I don't believe a black coach is gonna get hired.
Speaker 1: We've talked to a couple of NFL reporters.
Speaker 4: They couldn't even give you any names. Okay, and we already know with the Vikings. I just uh Floyd Brian Flores. I just don't see him getting hired as a head coach with a pending lawsuit against the NFL.
Speaker 3: If they hire him, I'll say I was wrong. I just don't see that.
Speaker 4: But the idea that we already saw the colt hired Jeff Saturday, who came right out of the TV studio, was zero coaching experience. And now the idea that they love Philip Rivers so much that they allowed him to play, making a mockery of the NFL at forty five years old, after not playing for five years.
Speaker 3: Now they want to hire him and make it.
Speaker 4: Because he coaches his high school with kids in high school, that they're going to make him an NFL head coach. And and this is a this isn't about hiring people because they're black. This is about opportunity when you when you go to a pool of people, how can a league be sixty roughly sixty seven percent black guys who've played the game. They're coaches around the league, right and they're not in the mix. Something's really wrong when they can't be in the mix. And I'm just if they've hired a black coach with no experience right off the studio, you know, like you look at some of the guys at ESPN who are dying for opportunities or what. They're still sitting around waiting and those guys never he's been looking for a general manager job. But you know what, in Atlanta, what do they do Matt Ryan no experience? Hey, Matt, go ahead, buddy.
Speaker 1: You know what, Philip Rivers can possibly be a head coach of one of the better teams in the league. And this is my point, not ground zero, work your way, have some new franchise or something like that. It's disgraceful. It's just disgraceful. Yeah, I look, man, I talked to Rob g on the way and then I said, there's somebody listening right now, Rob that's going there we go. Why does this have to be a thing not understanding that these are conversations that me and you don't want to have. In a perfect world, meaning we wouldn't have to have these conversations, we wouldn't have to highlight these types of things where you brought up the Rooney rule, and the Rooney rule was to even just say get them in the room, just can you interview?
Speaker 3: Because you can't hire somebody if you don't interview.
Speaker 1: Can you at least just take and have a cup of coffee with him and say, hey, you know, what would your philosophies be as a coach, and didn't make it acision by what would be.
Speaker 3: Your philosophies of being a coach? Humor me?
Speaker 1: Humor me, because we already got our guide. We're just checking you off the list. So I go back to this somebody saying, why don't get what's the big deal? This is why it matters, Rob, You know what they were saying twenty five years ago, thirty years ago, black quarterbacks in college couldn't be a quarterback in the league.
Speaker 3: They weren't smart enough.
Speaker 1: There's little documentation that NFL leaders and owners and everyone thought they weren't smart enough. They didn't possess the mental capacity to be a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Mind boggling, right.
Speaker 1: Not in say nineteen twenty eight, we're talking eighty eight, Doug Williams wins the Super Bowl and can't really get another opportunity. Destroyed records and the destroyed records.
Speaker 3: Tony Dudgeye was a quarterback. You ain't know that he.
Speaker 4: Never played quarterback in Indiana. You didn't know that because they moved him to a dB, didn't they.
Speaker 3: You didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: There's so many Warren Moon had to go play in the wounds of the USFL, CFL. He's well, he won championships in the CFL one hundred. So my point is, it's first sits, you can't really be in the league. Then it's okay, you can be in the league, but you definitely aren't playing the prize possession of quarterback. All right now we're seeing quarterbacks, mind you taking over the league. But all right, you can be quarterbacks, but you can't be coaches. All right, Well you can have some Mississico, you can't be a head coach. You for jags on sure really are g and or general managers as a handful, and you for sure aren't being an owner. And so the reason why these conversations are needed is because the loud messages that screams to the youth, you can go play, you can go tackle, you can do all that.
Speaker 3: That's where stops.
Speaker 4: And I want to say this. I got a tweet from a young brother online and his message to me was, well, just go buy your own team and then you can hire whoever you want, which is just a cop out, okay, because I said, well, wait a minute, can we look at the NBA.
Speaker 3: There are zero black owners. Zero. Is hiring black.
Speaker 4: Coaches a question mark or a thing in that league? Absolutely not. And if you want to talk about making change, the NBA may change, you know how, because Donald Sterling said don't bring those black people and all the derogatory words to the game. The players got together went to Adam Silver and said, hey, we are not playing the playoffs. If this guy's going to be an owner in the NBA, how long after that was he still an owner in the NBA. So don't give me that you can't make change. You can make change. It's about opportunit tunity. If right now in the National Hockey League, which is I'm gonna say, is ninety nine percent black, I mean white, ninety nine percent white. If ninety eight percent of the coaches in the national were black, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: People go what is this? This is bizarrero world.
Speaker 4: This makes absolutely no sense for all women, all women.
Speaker 3: Come on, dude, don't be dumb. Don't act like this doesn't matter. And oh, you're just from heart or the best person.
Speaker 4: It can't be because Jeff's Saturday wasn't the best person wasn't qualified.
Speaker 3: God forbid, you hired a black.
Speaker 4: Guy off the street or out of the studio like Jeff's Saturday offensive.
Speaker 1: Line And hey, Long has just come straight in and the radio boot me go coach the Lions.
Speaker 4: But I did in doing I'll due diligence today I did.
Speaker 3: I did go and get a comment from the league.
Speaker 4: There's not gonna be anything left for the white people.
Speaker 3: I mean, all the players are black. I mean the only thing that the whites control is the coaching jobs.
Speaker 8: Now I'm not being derogatory about it, but that's all that's left for them.
Speaker 7: So black talent is beautiful, it's great, it's out there.
Speaker 3: The only thing left for the whites is a couple of coaching jobs.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, that one. That wasn't the clip. That wasn't the clip that was Jimmy the Greeks.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. Okay, okay, but it sounded like that would be the cliff for the league.
Speaker 1: Right now, it just looks like thirty forty years later, that wasn't a crazy statement.
Speaker 4: That could be apropos in twenty twenty six, think about what he said, that that would be the only thing the white guys control all the jobs.
Speaker 3: Jimmy the Greek Schneider.
Speaker 4: Back in what is that eighty something said that here we are twenty twenty six. Ten job openings. Hey, cok we haven't had this many openings in a long time in the National Football third of the league.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from you eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven nine nine six sixty three sixty nine. We'll try to get it to as many people as possible.
Speaker 3: We want to hear this.
Speaker 4: Do you have a problem with Philip Rivers jumping the line ahead of black head coaching candidates?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: Or no?
Speaker 3: And why no? Maybe we don't play that on the odd couple. It is the odd couple.
Speaker 4: Rob Parker, Kelvin Washington, where we deliver insight, not noise, right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: And you know what you need to do? What was that stick? And stay America.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live. Fox Sports Radio is.
Speaker 10: Taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it at Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio. Hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows, Till Pro's and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike.
Speaker 2: Harmon, and The Ben Maler Show. Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 1: It is the Odd Couple, Rod Parker Kelvin Washington on a funky flash back Friday YouTube.
Speaker 4: We're only live now simulcasta. You can be watching us.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is go to YouTube then put in an Odd Couple FSR. Find us there, like, share, comment, subscribe all that good stuff. We appreciate Elijah flick of the camera.
Speaker 3: A little bit. Let us know we're doing well with the subscriptions and all that flick of the camera. We are doing good. You're doing good. Look at that. Yeah, there we go. We're gonna do more, even more.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, So make sure you reach out on YouTube, all right, and reach out to us right now. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox phone lines. I'm not gonna lie. They are lit up, but we want to hear from you best as we can. Yeah, Rob and I basically say, come on, NFL. We enjoyed the product, were trying to enjoy it, but sometimes you smack us dead in the face with what's really going on? Philip Rivers getting an opportunity to interview for the Bills job. No brothers have been considered. Ten jobs are open, probably not going to be any hired. What was the point of Rooney rule? Where it seems like we're exactly where we were then, if not even worse. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fires, Maybe we're missing out, Maybe we're missing it?
Speaker 3: Are we crazy? You're filling us?
Speaker 1: Eight seven seven ninety nine On Fox, Will be James and Cedar Rapids.
Speaker 3: You're on the odd couple of Fox Sportuadio. What's up, James Hey?
Speaker 11: You telling us it's killing it? Keep it up? James Hey, I'm a Republican and I voted for Trump. You know you guys are dead right. Though dead right, it's a problem. It's been a problem for a long time.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 11: Like Tomlin, you got many guys like him that are just waiting for a shot and they ain't getting it.
Speaker 1: All right, James Man, I appreciate the call, brother, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: No no doubt.
Speaker 4: Chris in pennsil Tucky. You're on the odd couple Fox Borts Radio. What's up, Chris?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Fellas.
Speaker 12: I definitely have a problem with it because I sometimes I always say say it out loud if it would been anybody else that's just a regular half school coach will come in just because you're a good quarterback. It's not gonna make you a great coach.
Speaker 5: You can probably an outs game a high school that then that's not a problem. But I'm just gonna give you a prime example. The lead in coming into your show during the commercial, how they were talking about Lamar Jackson sitting in and doing the interview process, doing the Raven search, but really didn't say much about Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: We got that. That's on our agenda for the We want to talk about that more too. Were gonna talk about it. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have a great weekend, man, appreciate you. Listen, who's next? Rob Robert and Albany. You're in the Roberts, Rob Robert and everywhere?
Speaker 3: What's Robert?
Speaker 5: Long time listener, first time caller.
Speaker 3: But appreciate you, Robert, Thank you, and.
Speaker 5: You guys are the bomb. Okay, I just won't let you know that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. We'll take that. Thank you, brother, man.
Speaker 13: I agree with there is less black coaches. There should be more black coaches in the NFL because this is wrong.
Speaker 2: This is wrong.
Speaker 1: It's just nobody's saying twenty five of the thirty two.
Speaker 3: But that's a thirty two, Rob. It was to have a whole roony room make all.
Speaker 1: This big fuss about it, and they were literally where we were then.
Speaker 3: If not, it makes no sense. Thanks for the call, Robert. Appreciate it. And you brought up a great point. That was good.
Speaker 1: You touched on something I would want to get to like no other walk of life, whether the employees or the staff of the faculty, is predominantly something. And then would the runner of people who are running the show not be that, not that it be only that, but almost exclusively that make that makes it.
Speaker 3: The walk of life?
Speaker 4: Drew in New Jersey, You're on the odd couple of Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: What's up, Drew?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, I just think if you look at the entire field, I don't understand why they why some of these guys got They went after defensive guys like in Baltimore, like I feel like you have a cap like I I understand what people say, like not just because you're a good quarterback, you don't doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna be a good coach. I get that. However, what I will say is Philip Rivers as a quarterback was was like a Brady No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, he wasn't no, he was not.
Speaker 4: Philip Rivers didn't win Jack, And I'm not gonna let you come on here tell me that he's some genius and that's why.
Speaker 3: He very very.
Speaker 2: How is that?
Speaker 4: Yes, he did get for end of the show. Come on, Gates, El, He's elevented to Brady without winning.
Speaker 1: He was very, very talent. He's really really good, but it's like he ain't got to be that on now.
Speaker 7: By the way, Philip rivers career postseason sixteen touchdowns, ten picks, fifty nine percent what I've said.
Speaker 3: But he's Brady.
Speaker 1: Come on, Brady, babe, and Rob don't even like Brady.
Speaker 3: Don't you make my boy? You have to defend Brady. I'm sick now, I'm.
Speaker 4: On threw in my mouth. Hey, uh who is that Robert? Another Robert? All right, I'm out of Oceanside, California. Got here, believe in the show Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: What's up? Robert?
Speaker 13: Hey, how's it going? Guys?
Speaker 3: Gray?
Speaker 13: I just wanted to say the same echo what you guys have been saying. You know, we're not getting the opportunities.
Speaker 5: We're more they're allowed of us out there there more than qualified.
Speaker 13: You know, we just want to get the opportunity to show what we can do. That's not watching footballs.
Speaker 5: I've been watching football since nineteen.
Speaker 13: Seventy you know, this time for some changes and.
Speaker 1: So all right, thank you appreciate and even in the college ranks, Rob, you know what I mean, Like that's how you build it.
Speaker 4: Even did it in baseball when they had the San Francisco Giants had a call with no major league experience. You know me, black guys who played Major League Baseball of coaching and want a chance to be a manager in the big league. It's the same thing. One last call on this. How about Rocky in South Carolina. You're on the couple of Fox Sports Radio. What's up Rocky?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, good evening. Yes, I do have a problem with it.
Speaker 13: And let me preface what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 8: I am white, yes, And let me tell you I played the sports basketball Seaton college level against predominantly black players. I played against coaches who I, gosh immensely respect and were great coaches, and many of them were black. And I have dear friends and teammates and even competitors that through the years that are predominantly black.
Speaker 13: And I just think it's a travesty because there are so many qualified African American men and coaches that are out there that really and and I don't want to say deserve, I want to say have earned the.
Speaker 3: Lucky. There you go, you preaching the opportunities.
Speaker 13: So that's my take.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You just said it earned earned. Philip Rivers didn't earn it. I know he played. You know how many people played, a lot of people played.
Speaker 1: And we can't be basically a playoff success after ROBBERI playoffs.
Speaker 3: Playoffs all had great conversation.
Speaker 1: And I will say, I know I echo for my brother Rob here that we love that we can have those, you know, serious and unusual or difficult conversations to have. And I love that you guys participate. We don't even have to agree agree on things, but just to have them.
Speaker 4: And you should expect that on this show, we refuse, and you know this, to bury our heads in the sand.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about every thing. We laughing joke.
Speaker 4: All shows are fun, whatever, But if there's a topic that needs to be talked about, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, Sam Darnold, there's something he needs to do in order to win on Sunday. We'll tell you that next right now, Martin Weiss, so nice, you had to say it twice, Martin Weiss.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Dude wives like a Lady students nuts.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm back in the eighties. So poo pool King is the necessary part. I'm glad we added a remix to that with the poop poo King. Yeah, Mary, we need Martins, Mike. That's some of your worst right there. That's insane. You know, I'll call balls and strikes. I'll let you know when you gotta hit it.
Speaker 3: I'm the poo pool King dude. What they might pull the ad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mean you think you're walking a thin line. I think they love the po king. I think that's the part right there. I should be doing sponsorship for I'm the pool pool Kid.
Speaker 3: Well might the Rose yet one though?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I throw it off a little bit, all right. We never making out the.
Speaker 1: Everybody got the homie trying, all right, robb Gi we got a big one coming up. It's funny because about a month or so ago, if we'd had this conversation, I think the Rams would have been favored win the Super Bowl. Now things have changed and the Seahawks and Sam Donald their favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: This is a big thing because coming into last week's game against the forty nine ers. He popped up with injury, part with an oblique situation, and people were already worried about Sam Donald. Then he has the oblique thing he had in practice. For a couple of days, it's like, well, what Sam Donald, are we gonna get? Can these Seahawks win number one?
Speaker 3: With the guy?
Speaker 7: The history is turning to a pumpkin number two, he's banged up, and unfortunately, or fortunately, if you're a Seattle fan, you'd have to worry about it because that game was out of hand before Sam Dog had to do anything. You only attempted seventeen passes, twelve to seventeen, one touchdown, no picks.
Speaker 3: They roll forty one to six.
Speaker 7: Now we anticipate this week against the Rams are gonna be a different story. So, guys, how confident are you in Sam Donald? We think having to play his best in a winner take all game.
Speaker 1: That's where I think he doesn't have to do. He does not have to play his best. In fact, he has to do one of those old proverbs where you can a wise man learns from other people's mistakes. And to me, if you're Sam Donald, I'm looking at CJ. Stroud and saying, that's exactly what I'm not gonna do. That's exactly what I can't do. You just talked about it. Jump right out the game with a special team, touchdown defense, playing incredible, getting fumbles on an interception on fourth and ones, getting the ball back, scoring all over the place. All you gotta do is make a play here there, if it's a third.
Speaker 3: Down to be had, get it every now and again.
Speaker 1: Don't hurt your team, don't go far, Sam Donald slash Sam Ronald McDonald McDonald as you call them, because you have a chance to just because if he blows when we says c J. Strout was supposed to be and that is to not be the reason why in your case of Seahawks, if he blows this with that defense, no special teams guys, and four interceptions like he had in a game that they almost even still won against the Rams, of course just one.
Speaker 4: They only won by two, and he had four interceptions. That's how good that defense is. And I'm saying, when Seattle wins, and I believe they're going to win, it's going to be about their defense and what they were able to do against Pooka and Davante and stopping that in Stafford. I'm serious, like, like, that's what we did, and we saw that. The thing that they have going for them too is they got down big and came back in the fourth quarter down sixteen points.
Speaker 3: I mean, we talked about it.
Speaker 4: I think only one team out of a thousand came back from sixteen points in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? To win again? It just doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: So they have that going and they have even on Sam Donald's worst day, four interceptions, they barely lost and if you remember, the kicker missed the kick at the end that would have won the game. Yeah, so that's that's four interceptions and they still almost beat the Rams in that game. But Sam Donald cannot go to be Sam Ronald McDonald.
Speaker 3: And and blow it by paying reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has six of his fourteen turnovers this season against the because in.
Speaker 3: The first half of that Rams game he had.
Speaker 1: Two I'm sorry interceptions, right, six of his fourteen interceptions. He had twenty two turnaments led the league, which is interesting because obviously you had the number, you know, number one seed, and you your team looked really good on paper, but like.
Speaker 3: You, how many were Apple and how many were.
Speaker 4: Cherry turnovers, which which one is better? Apple turnovers? Not close close? The hold on now might not be the blowout like.
Speaker 3: That Apple or chese. You made it like I think I made it sound like it was like a blowout. I'm not mad at either one, but na really Lemon, No, no lemon, just apple Apple. You're too easy, man. I am Apple chicken, vanilla bean, ice cream, cheesecake. You know what?
Speaker 1: Don't want to travel across the world and do like these amazing Oh, let's go to Mexico City and try.
Speaker 2: This for you.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't need nothing.
Speaker 1: You'll be in Mexico City some of the literal best, most world renowned restaurants talking about you guys got chicken tenders?
Speaker 3: Is there a KFC around?
Speaker 1: Is there a KFC? I would be so mad. Me and rob Z will be you know who, Me and Soccer will be getting out.
Speaker 3: That's my eating.
Speaker 4: But but I already told you. I went to downtown Athens. I was in Greece for a layo, which the old days we could get off the plane, got a three hour layover and go into the city and then come back to the airport in Athens. And Athens I get off. But it wasn't what I ordered. But I get off the bus right from the airport, Burger king KOC. This isn't at this Athens, Greece. Athens, Greece. I was just so disappointed because I was like, we've americanized. Why Athens?
Speaker 1: Then somebody told them we gotta feed all these Rod Parkers. Let's go ahead and bring them up. You can go anywhere, go to China's now would even be a KOC. And now now what you learn is their things are different in these other countries. So the Big Mac ain't the same in China as the Big Mac.
Speaker 5: Right here.
Speaker 4: You go in to Paris to McDonald's, you get wine. You can get wine with your man. They drink wine.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you you're gonna get some cigarettes in Europe and some wine. Yes, my goodness, all right, all right anyway, so yeah, saying Ronald McDonald cannot exist if they're trying to win that one on the way your tire rack Player of the day and Shekel City.
Speaker 3: Plus we got a caller about that.
Speaker 1: Remember we got a caller who said, uh, people are talking about Lamar sitting in on meetings. Well, another star quarterback sitting in on meetings.
Speaker 3: Is that the way we go about it? Though? We'll tell you next. It's the couple Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 1: Still a banger, Rob Fox Sports Radio. It is the odd couple. That's the way.
Speaker 4: Uh huh uh, I like, can't tell me nothing bad about Casey and the Sunshine play that funky music?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, that was that average on.
Speaker 1: Average white man somebody in the band. Uh, it is the couple. He's Rob on Kelvin on a funky flashback Friday. Gotta get some shot out to Mary Mack on the Ones and Choos.
Speaker 3: Still a lot left coming up.
Speaker 1: Next hour, we got, of course, Eric Williams, Fox Sports NFL reporter gonna join us. We'll talk to NFL headlines with the championship games happening. Then the next hour of our last hour will be Lamar Mitchell as usual, and we'll end it with NFL.
Speaker 4: Pickskins last week. Oh I'm sorry, mind your business? Okay, you know what I'm doing today?
Speaker 3: What did I tell you? I'm not to get some food on the way home.
Speaker 1: I'm ordering some wings whatever, I'm ordering some wings at that courtesy O you.
Speaker 3: All right, it is down time for your tire Reck Play of the day.
Speaker 14: Leonard tribbling with the left hand attacking kickings Collens flip quarter three time on one teh two good Clippers by eight forty two seconds of play.
Speaker 4: What did we say last night? Clippers just have the Lakers number? It is crazy. I mean whatever iteration of the Clippers too.
Speaker 1: You want the CP three Live City, Okay, you want the post that one. You want the Paul George and m You don't want the Kawhi like they have had their number for the last ten years, ten twelve years.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. That was a five seventy on the call.
Speaker 1: Lakers down by twenty six at one point, cut it to lose like three and just couldn't get the job done.
Speaker 3: Uh falling to the Clippers.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 1: That was your Tirereck Player of the Day, brought to you by tire Rack. For over forty years, tire Reck's been helping customers find the right tires for how, for what and for where they drive. Ship Fasten free Back by free Road has a protection with all the convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot com, the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 4: Yet, and always, I send rob G pictures when I'm watching the Lakers and they're losing or whatever. Rob G, I send a picture to his phone for two weasons, you know, the two weasons, rob G?
Speaker 3: What is he the Laker guy?
Speaker 4: So I'm just kind of like robbing it, introlling him a little bit. And the other one is he flirted with buying my eighty inch television, so I always want him to see how beautiful that picture is, rob G. When I'm watching NBA basketball on my.
Speaker 1: Living The problem is, you should do that more. When the Lakers are winning, he's feeling good, he's feeling crazy. He says, screw it and tells the wife we're doing this.
Speaker 3: We buy it. I would love to see rob.
Speaker 7: With one hundred and twelve inch TV on a seventy inch wall that he's living in right now. Yes, you gotta turn his whole next side to side to watch it.
Speaker 3: So wait, are you trying to downside the TV?
Speaker 9: Too?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, the TV I was and rob G didn't buy it, So I just.
Speaker 4: Put aback this big old TV in the smaller apartment. Yeap, what it looks nice on the walls?
Speaker 3: Good headie, I don't know what I have? Sixty something? How much more do we need? You got? I remember, got TVMV. Now Kelvin got sixty? He got sixty.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: Wow, you know, let me tell you you were in college, you might not be able to get a date with just sixties.
Speaker 3: I got eighty. Listen, all right, he told you about.
Speaker 1: He tried to host the Super Bowl party. Like, nah, no, we're good, but let me tell you I won't be TV Shane. Let me tell you why, because said I got three. We had a thirty two. We had thirty two inch TV's and that was like a big deal, not back in forty nineteen forty eight.
Speaker 3: Then y'all went to forty something.
Speaker 1: Then y'all went, I'm not letting y'all see y' all them people who get a new iPhone just because they drop a new iPhone every year, even though your phone is perfectly fined.
Speaker 3: If they give it to me for free, I get it. I Oh great, all right, let's rob G one of them. You get one every year, don't you? Rob G? See only if it's for free only free twenty two inch TV. Huh TV shaming what you do here? We go? Hey on social media.
Speaker 4: I have my NFL picks, so if you're on social media you can see them.
Speaker 3: We'll do those later on in the show as well.
Speaker 4: Last night two and one almost went three and oh two and one, twenty nine and seventeen, rob g twelve games over five hundred. I'm making money in vent twenty nine and seventeen tonight.
Speaker 3: That's what I ain't doing, making money money.
Speaker 4: Celtics minus eight and a half throughing Brooklyn taking on the nets, Oh yeah, take that. I got Houston plus four and a half taken on the Pistons four and a half. Yeah, I mean, wait, why you gotta go out? You can go with the Pistons, not tonight, not tonight. And I got Cleveland minus eleven and a half their hosted You'll be to and one the Siberia Kings.
Speaker 3: That game is in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: So Cleveland minus eleven and a half, Houston plus four and a half, and the Celtics minus eight and a half. And remember, Kelvin, what's that. I'm not telling you who to bet on, I'm telling you who I bet on disrespecting Austin, So I can't wait till we talk in June. When we make our bet, then verse whoever.
Speaker 3: It should just be.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you have to wait till June? I have to see trades. I gotta make sure Jannis don't.
Speaker 3: You don't feel like confident robb G. Otherwise he would be like, I want to pair George. My pistons are gonna go. What if I bet him right now?
Speaker 1: And then Gianni's goes and teams up with Cleveland and they don't have to lose anybody or something crazy like that, or Boston's Jalen Brown and hold on.
Speaker 3: I don't mean that they're gonna win, but I need this.
Speaker 7: Don't let Rob forget that before the season, his NBA Finals pick was the Milwaukee Bucks.
Speaker 6: That's right, as good as he was with the NFL, NBA lit up in this NBA I got. Wouldn't that be funny if they made it? Rob G, I want you to remember this clip. Write this down this day. Could you be they ain't gonna make it?
Speaker 3: Okay? They because this teammates like it could be injury. They can make a trade to help you.
Speaker 1: Honest, you don't know they're not playing the basketball.
Speaker 3: Heard we already said, let's yeah real quick.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The reports are that Josh Allen has been sitting in on these coaching interviews, including Philip Rivers.
Speaker 3: I'll say this very ten seconds from.
Speaker 4: We did have one good question to Philip ros how did you fit in the NFL uniform.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie brothers looking majorly. My whole point is I don't have a problem with somebody sitting in. If you're there's there's like four or five guys in the NFL that I don't have a problem. And Josh Allen will be one sitting in because if he's you know, you're making these decisions. Ultimately you're gonna make it as a general manager president. But if you want the guy who's going to be at the helm face of the franchise being you know, participatory in these sitting around and hearing and ask some questions, I don't have a problem with it. You have to make the decision and you got to own it head coach, general manager, president, but our owners.
Speaker 3: But I don't have a problem sitting in.
Speaker 4: You Yeah, I mean, you could just it's just window dressing. It's not going to determine whether or not if I'm the t owner or I want you to. But but I'm not going that's not going to be the reason, because you can't do that. Just like with the Raiders. Devonte Adams went to the Raiders for what reason?
Speaker 3: Rob g Derek Carr.
Speaker 4: All right, and then what happened? Decided oh, peace right, So that stuff doesn't really matter. When they we're ready to rid of Derek Carr.
Speaker 1: They got rid of them, Derek Carry and Josh Allen. No, that's a little crazy.