Speaker 1: Wind Downs with Janet Kramer and Michael Coffin and I'm her radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up. It's Jana and Easton. Hey, winding down from New Iberia, Louisiana. Did you ever think you'd ever come to New Iberia.
Speaker 3: I never thought my career would take me here. It's it's an unreal experience.
Speaker 2: So I am in obviously New Iberia, Louisiana. And if you guys have been following me, I booked a lifetime Christmas movie. It's called Christmas in Louisiana. I'm really excited. It's been a lot of fun. It's been it's been a lot of long hours, but it's been incredible. I've truly enjoyed, you know, getting back to work and acting and you know, just being on set. And so obviously we do not want to miss a wind down Monday. So I made sure that we were able to get Easton here to be able to record a podcast together. And you know, he's like, where are we going? Oh? Are we going to like, you know, Park City, Utah? Or are we going to like Hawaii? And I'm like, no, baby, New Iberia, Louisiana. But it's actually a really cute quaint town and all, like all the shops have put up Christmas decorations on main Street, so it looks really cute.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, the whole town transformed into this winter wonderland and ninety five degree. It's great.
Speaker 4: It's hot.
Speaker 2: It's so hot, yeah, crazy hot. But luckily today we're inside. And I just took Easton on his first movie set and funny thing happened. So I was holding, well, I'll let you explain it, Easton.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Janet took me on to the set, and she's such a pro. She's like, here you go stand in here. I'm gonna go do my thing. She walks out in front of the cameras and I'm watching it through the monitors and looks cool because it looks like a movie, you know, like like I feel like I'm already watching Lifetime Vision Woman and and I see, uh, Jana is in this. You know, there's like four different cameras on her. She's in the shot and she's on her phone and we were just hanging out by backstage.
Speaker 2: I guess that's you know, we were hanging hanging out in the holding area.
Speaker 3: We're in the holding are hanging out and like we were just on our phones, and so I thought she was continuing like like while they're because they're still setting up the shot and everything, she's on her phone. And then they call rehearsal and she's still on her phone, and I'm like, oh, I mean, I know Jana is like first on the call. She here, She's being pretty cavalier with this. So and then they start rolling and like it's like they call action, they do the whole clapboard thing, and Jana's like still on her phone and I'm like, oh my god, like like did she know he started?
Speaker 2: And Easton's like starts freaking out and he's about to be like, Janna, Jenna your phone.
Speaker 3: I was going to text you and say I think they're rolling, but.
Speaker 2: And so he got in the car and he's like, hey, so On were you were you supposed to have your phone in that scene, because you know, you were on your phone. I was like, that was the whole part of the scene.
Speaker 3: I'm understanding now, Yeah, you were like supposed to be like texting or somebody.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to be texting, and then my mom was supposed to come up, and I was supposed to, you know, be like I'm preoccupied, mom, But it was just so funny. It's like, you know, you were saying there you didn't know what was going on, thinking they were probably man, she's like a little like not professional, like on her phone.
Speaker 3: Was that your actual phone?
Speaker 2: No, they give you. They don't let you have your own phone. Okay, so it's a stunt because it probably would distract you too much. But yeah, no, it's a it's like a it's a set phone. Props. Well, they say props phone.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: He the biz name the movie the Biz. Yeah, when they say the Biz. The breakup Sarah, Sarah, my girl, Sara would have got that.
Speaker 3: I saw the breakup too. I'm very disappointed myself. So good.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny though, I kind of want to Sarah almost s Gretzky instagrammed a clip from the breakup, and it's funny because then that to Instagram. I know this scene is very famous.
Speaker 4: I I don't.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know, I want I want you to want to do the dishes. Gary, He's like, why would I want to do the dishes? It's not about you wanting to do the dishes, Gary, it's about you wanting to help me, and so I just have always loved that scene. But it's so true. It's so true, and it's fascinating because it's I mean, it's not like we want to be doing the dishes.
Speaker 3: No, no, you don't, not at all.
Speaker 2: Do you help your wife?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We talked about this the other day though, that there's a did. I did something for her right before I left to come to New Iberia, and she she was thanking me profuse, like I had bought her a gift. And I saw it as like, oh, this should have just been like, oh great, thanks, but she was acting like it was the greatest thing ever I got. I got her wedding dress cleaned. It's been we haven't gotten clean since we got married two years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so thoughtful.
Speaker 3: See, I thought it's been it's been an errand I've been putting off for months in the back of my head, so like I felt like, oh man, I've been really dropping the ball, like I should have done this a long time ago. But there's stuff like that will happen, and I think that, like I don't know, I just like sometimes I think like, oh, I should be helping out more so this doesn't seem like a miraculous thing that like I did something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's interesting what we see and then what I don't know. I just always find it so fascinating. I feel like Mike and I do a pretty good job with things around the house. I know we've talked about it before, but by the way, Mike is home right now with Jolie. I decided to take Jase. The entire time, I wanted to take Jolie, but you know, she's just got like her routine and everything, and it's just, you know, I don't want to get her out of that. But she is coming this next week, so I'm really really excited to have her. And then Mike will be on next week's episode, so that'll be nice to have him because I haven't seen him in a few weeks being out here. But yeah, and then I'm really excited because I have just really gotten close with my grandma on this movie. We've created such a like an amazing like is Kinship Award, Yeah it is. I just feel like we connect on such a different level. And So her name is Dee Wallace and she is the mom from E T. I mean, if you look her up.
Speaker 3: I mean her, she's been in so much stuff. I looked at me earlier.
Speaker 2: It's like one hundred and eighty something films and TV shows she's been in. She's she's just incredible, and she's got a ton of stories, especially working with Steven Spielberg and just life and love and loss. H and so I'm really excited to have her come in the trailer whenever we're because we're actually working right now. This is in between takes. We are doing this. That's because how much I love y'all. So yeah, so I'm excited to have her come in the trailer and do a little interview. But before I want to take a quick break, I think something else too. That is something I'm kind of dealing with right now, is well two things. I have really bad mom guilts, obviously like other moms do, But I also am struggling so bad with anxiety that I honestly think I might have to up my medicine. And I don't want to, like I feel it's making me sad because I don't want to. I don't know, don't I don't want to rely on something. But at the same time, I feel so anxious all the time. Now, and I don't know if that's because and this is like I don't mean to go and I don't want to go dark, but at the same time, Okay, So we got to New Iberia like a week and a half ago, two weeks ago, and we went to Target and I was totally fine in the car ride and I was with Jace and the nanny, and then I just finally hired an assistant because with everything I'm doing on socials and the Wine Down Tour, which by the way, I'll you know what's tell you guys about, but just everything else that's kind of going on, I just I really feel like I need some extra help because I just feel a little overwhelmed. And so we're in the car and everything was fine. I was totally good, and then we go to Target, and all of a sudden, I just have this massive anxiety attack, and I like, I just, you know, Lauren and Kylie they're sweet girls, but I, you know, I get so embarrassed when I have anxiety attacks. So I kind of just what I do is I just shut down. And I was just like I had a total plan. I wanted to get Jolie Barbad Barbie Dolls, I wanted to get her, like I had a whole list. I wanted, you know, stuff because she's coming. You know, I want to make sure Jolie has all her things, and I want to surprise her with this big dollhouse. And you know, I wanted to get Jason food and and you know, I wanted to get some there was it was like one of those super targets. Yeah, so you know, I was like, all right, I want to get strawberries and great so whatever. And I go in there and I was like, oh, you know what, I'm just gonna Amazon all of it. And they're like what, oh, yep, I'm just gonna I just I don't know, I just want to Amazon all of It's it's fine. And this was We drove about thirty five minutes to a Target because it's in Lafayette, and they were like, okay, I thought you wanted to come here. I was like I do. I just I just I now am deciding that it's just easier to just go on Amazon and I'm just gonna I'm just gonna get Barbie dolls. And they're like, okay, all right, yeah, well, let's just get the at least the things for Jason'm like, mm okay, And then I started to really dissect it. I'm like, all right, well, I've always had anxiety, I get that, but what else was it? And it was because of the shootings? Oh yeah, I was like I I the second I got there. I cause it was because two days before that, I read something about how the mom and dad were protecting their baby that just died. I know, and I'm not trying to go like, but I'm just like, I grabbed Jay so tight because I'd first put him in the in the parking or in the in the cart, and then I grabbed him really fast when I get in there, and I was just like and I started looking around and I was just and and I thought it was just my normal anxiety. But then I realized where my anxiety was coming from.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, how do you not think of that now when you go to when you go to a place like that.
Speaker 2: But it's like you shouldn't live in fear. But at the same time, now I'm like, oh my god, that is totally where it came from. Because I'm like, I'm in a city I don't know, and I'm like, I don't know these people around and I'm like, you know, and it's honestly, it's anywhere, even if even if it's but I'm like if they do it at a Walmart and at a church and at a movie theater, I mean the list, I mean, it's just like goes on and on. I'm like, I don't feel safe to even go to a flipping target.
Speaker 3: You know, in my in my life because I'm a I'm a white male, I've had a lot of privilege in my life, Like I've never had to worry about anything, and I always think like, oh that that stuff never happens to me. I'll never bring uh my wife. And I went and saw Elvis Costello the other night, and where's at the Greek Theater in la And I was like looking around and ye clocking guys like that guy's acting weird. And then it's like, Okay, if something goes down, where am I going to go? And it's like it's just crazy that that you have to think that way now, and uh, and I totally understand feeling like that type of intense anxiety from doing that, and like someone like you that already struggles with anxiety, like my god, you know, like that's going to happen more.
Speaker 2: I'm just I just felt like almost helpless. I'm like, if something happens, I mean, I was holding him where it was like I can protect him and if I get shot, he'll be like, he'll be okay. I'm like, that is what's going through my head. It's so effed up. Yeah, but I'm like, but I'm like, well, I don't. I know it's also good not to live in fear, but I'm like, how how can I how can we not exactly because I know, I'm sorry, I don't need to like bring it down. I'm just like I'm really struggling with that because I'm like, I don't want to leave my house now. I protect my children, you know, I'm like, or so that I don't die and then they don't have a mom.
Speaker 3: It's it's crazy. I don't know. I don't know what the answer is, because you can't you can't just stay home all day. But and you don't want to have it totally affect your life like that, But also how can you not think of that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know it's because before it's like, oh, well, I you know that happens at a that could happen at a bar. With a disgruntled person, but like, no, now it's at Walmart, like everywhere. It's happening everywhere.
Speaker 2: I know. I didn't mean to like bring it down. I just was like, that's where it's just another layer of anxiety now where I'm just like, man, this is just I just I don't know what the answer is. I'm not I don't even want to get to like, I don't want to get political because I have a gun and I would like to keep my gun, but again, I just to protect myself and my children and my family. But yeah, I mean, I think there's certain things we can do, but at the same time, I don't want to get into it, yeah, because I just I don't know. But I just know that I'm curious what how you guys are reacting, and what you guys think and what and what how you guys feel about going to public places and what you do and how you think of it, because I don't know what it is. Sometimes when I think about death and I believe and I love you know, I believe in God, and I believe in heaven, and I believe all those things. But when I start to really truly think about it, I go down this rabbit hole where it's just like, but my kids are they going to be okay? And then they're not? And like I'm like, but if I go to I'm like, it's just like rabbit holes.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Help me, guys, I'm asking for help. What do you guys do? What's the email East and give it to them?
Speaker 3: Wind down at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Wind down at iHeartRadio dot com. I promise I'll bring it up after this, guys. I just had to let y'all in on why if anyone saw me in Target and Lafayette while I ran out of there terrified. And Lafayat's a great area too, you think, oh yeah, it's it's it was a whole Foods right next door. Like but I'm like, hey, you never.
Speaker 3: Know when you when you perform concerts, does that go through your head?
Speaker 2: It didn't until so one girl I think she was on the voice something.
Speaker 3: I think she got Christina Grimy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was terrifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I played Route ninety one the year before the shooting. Oh my god, terrifying because I'm like, wow, but no, there are definitely times I with I'm on stage. I mean even here on set, I'm just like, Okay, where am I going to duck? Where am I going to go? It's so it's so disturbing that that's like where our minds have to go to. Or maybe it's just mine.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is because no, do you see that outbreak at that mall where everyone started like it was a massive like stampede because people thought there was an active shooter. Yeah, people are just so heightened now.
Speaker 3: I saw a video from New York Times Square on motorcycle backfires and it's like like the entire country has PTSD. Yeah, like it's.
Speaker 2: Can I have a spot because I need to brighten this off?
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes I just want to crawl under my brook Linen sheets.
Speaker 2: On the time. Good job, he said, Like the brooklyn and sheets he's slept on in our bedroom.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: I've I've told the story before, but Mike and I we obviously moved to Nashville, and every single one of our sheets is Brooklynen in our bed and Easton has also slept in the bed. And how comfy was it so comfortable? Well, not our bady slept in the guests.
Speaker 3: I felt like I was dipping myself in lotion.
Speaker 2: No, but they're so comfortable. They're beautiful airy linen pieces that give your bedroom a sheet relaxed feel that even Easton would love. They've got twelve beautiful linen colors and patterns to choose from, so they're so amazing that they'll even give you a lifetime warranty. Brooklynen dot com is giving an exclusive offer just for our listeners. Get ten percent off and for shipping when you use promo code Jana at Brooklynen dot com. Brooklynen, like I said, is so confident in their sheets and comforters and towels that they come with a lifetime warranty. The only way to get ten percent off and free shipping is to use promo code Jana at brooklyn dot com. That's b r OKA l I n e n dot com promo code Jana Brooklyn And these really are the best sheets ever. All right, no one really has time to go to the post office. You're busy, and who's got time. We're all the traffic parking, lugging all your mail and packages. It honestly is a really big hassle. Well that's why we use stamps dot com. So stamps dot Com eliminates trips to the post office and saves you money with discounts that you can't even get at the post office. Stamps dot Com brings all the amazing services of the post Office right to your computer. You can print official US postage twenty four to seven for any letter, any package, any class of mail anywhere. Did you get that anytime? With stamps dot com you get five cents off every first class stamp and up to forty percent off priority mail. So right now, our listeners get a special offer that includes a four week trial plus free postage and a digital scale, so you don't have to, you know, worry about that. If you have a package, just go to stamps dot com, click on microphone at the top of the homepage and type in Janna that stamps dot com Enter Janna. I have never been more excited to welcome a guest than I am right now on our show. Don't roll your eyes at me, the one and only Miss Dee Wallace. Hi, I have I am so excited that you said yes, first of all, that you would talk to me.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm honored you as the only thing.
Speaker 2: That I'm really upset about, though, is the fact that we don't have wine with us right now because let me let me tell you, guys, my first stop with d Okay, So, I've obviously been a fan of yours for a very very very long time. You were beautiful, You're an amazing actress. I just I just love you. So when I found out that you were playing my Grandma, I about crap myself, Like, I was so excited, and I just, you know, they always say to not I get scared to meet the people that I that I've watched and grown up with and loved, because what if you were a complete b you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do know. I've been there. Yeah, I was with them, you know.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, okay, well here's the thing I'm going to just I'm like, okay, my favorite thing is wine, So I hope she loved wine. And then I'm thinking, God, what is She's an alcoholic? And I go to her door and then I give her a bottle of wine and she's like, I'm an alcohol you know, or just something. I'm like, she's gonna hate me the rest of the time.
Speaker 4: We shoot.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I d was in the hallway and I knew she was there. And I went up to you and I gave I was like, hey, I know, coming to New Iberia is kind of crazy. It's a very small town. I'm ordering food, so I got you some food, got you happy. But then the cherry on top was then I brought you the red wine.
Speaker 4: Ohmg, you were in like baby like.
Speaker 2: And she basically said, will you marry me? And I was just like, from that moment on is when I knew that we were going to be best friends. I just love it. No, but you've just been incredible to work.
Speaker 4: But we just have a heart connection.
Speaker 2: We do for sure, and I want to talk about that because you say you do a lot of healing work and we haven't been able to touch on it on set. So that's why I'm glad that I got to steal you away from set. Oh wow to talk about it. Where did that come from? And when did you know you had that innate ability to be able to not only heal, but to have that that feeling and that to recognize it.
Speaker 4: You know, we all have it.
Speaker 1: It's not some big mysterious thing. The inner information of the universe is out there for anybody. But you have to hold your intention to get it and ask for it and be open to it.
Speaker 4: And when I was a.
Speaker 1: Little girl, I would get hits like one time, my it was I don't know, two or three in the morning, and I was around eight or nine years old, Kansas City, and I was very very close to my grandmother, who raised me for a lot of my life because we were poor and my mom had to work all the time. And I woke my mother up and I said, something's wrong at Grandma's house. And God bless my mother. She got up and we went in and called to Grandma, and Grandma didn't answer, so oh no. We got in the car and we drove over there and the cat had gotten up on the stove and turned all the gas on, and Grandma was in her bedroom and just hadn't heard the telephone, but the place was filling up with the gash.
Speaker 4: So we all get little messages like that.
Speaker 1: You've all had those thoughts where I should call blah blah, you know, and then you either do or you don't, and then you go, gosh, darn it.
Speaker 4: And I wish i'd called blah blah. You know.
Speaker 1: Walked by my neighbors two months ago and I won When you know, I should really go see Francis. I really kind of feel a calling to go see how she's doing.
Speaker 4: She died two days later.
Speaker 1: So we all get the messages, we just don't listen, and if we listen, we kind of let them go. So now I ask for the messages intentionally. And it all started actually when again when my husband of eighteen years passed away suddenly, and I kind of dropped my knees and I said, I don't want to be pissed off and I don't want to be a victim. I want a way we can heal ourselves. And I really believe that's what in the Good Book it means by asking, you receive, because literally within thirty seconds I got my first message, which was use the light within yourself to heal yourself. So I've just been learning and expanding on that for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: And you were on set when he found out about that. What about your husband of eighteen years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in Newfoundland shooting the Newfoundland No New Zealand, Hellooundland was a whole other different movie, New Zealand shooting the Frighteners, Okay, and he had a heart attack and I flew back and they did the angioplasty.
Speaker 4: He was fine. They were holding filming, so he said.
Speaker 1: Honey, I'm fine, I'm going home tomorrow, go back, and I did. And four days later he got up and a blood clot hit his heart and he was gone.
Speaker 4: And my baby found him, my little girl. Yeah my.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I mean, oh gosh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So you know, you can imagine.
Speaker 1: So I flew back home again, put on his party service, took my kid and my nanny and we flew back and I finished the film.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: But that's really when it started opening everything up. I had one of the largest acting studios in Los Angeles at the time, and I would be watching scenes and get slammed with information, just slammed with information. And so all my students' lives started to change. They started to book jobs, find mates that they'd been looking for for ever. Then their parents wanted me to work with them, and then their friends, and now I've got clients all over the world.
Speaker 2: So what are you doing? That's that's what I want to lead into. Where can my listeners basically, where are you doing this? Where are you spreading or do you hold workshops? Is it the email that you showed me.
Speaker 1: I do hold workshops and I do speak, but I do private sessions all over the world every day when I'm not shooting. You know, it's the dichotomy of d I do horror films and then I and then I heal people from fear. Go figure it works for me. But you can book a private session at I am am I AMD Wallace dot com and just email me through there incredibly powerful sessions and you can ask the channel. I'm a clare Audiant channel, which means I hear message and sometimes they get pictures too. Sometimes I don't call myself a medium, but a lot of times I talk to the other side too.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I just think that's fascinating. I really do, because I believe in it, and I think there's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't deny.
Speaker 1: You cannot deny what comes through when person after person oh my god, because you know, the channels say it happened at three years old with your dad, what happened, and then the tears come and it's like, oh my god, that's when my baby brother was born, or that's when so and so died, or you know, And I think I shared with you too that because I want to share this with the listeners because I think it's so important for us to get some insight into what's running us. Is that the way we see ourselves in the world and the way we see the world seeing us, it is all set in stone by the time we're seven years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember you saying that on set.
Speaker 1: So if you really want to know what's running you and why you can't get on top of it, go back and see what was taught to you verbally, what was modeled to you that's a big one, or what you erroneously put together that's probably incorrect, you know when you were little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh man, I love that. Can I get a private reading later? I will pay for it. I will email you.
Speaker 4: I will I keep telling you come on over, to come on over to my room.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 4: I know you do.
Speaker 2: Know. It's funny because we were talking about how eystemes. I feel like I get really close to things, especially with work, and then it doesn't end up. But I think it's because I'm I'm holding myself back.
Speaker 4: We're all holding ourselves back the world.
Speaker 2: How do you break free from that? Though, Because it's like, even when I want to talk about that, like I can't because I'll just start crying because I know I'm doing it. It's like I know what I'm doing and I can't stop it.
Speaker 4: Yes you can, but how well.
Speaker 1: You can't find the how if you say you can't, So I can find what's running me. I can heal myself. I can be my own truth. You know, we spend most of our lives saying I don't know, So there's no way your brain's going to find out if you keep directing it not to know. Yeah, and what most people don't get see, we're all energy. Everything's energy. We learned that in fifth grade, guys. And energy has to have direction.
Speaker 4: It has to.
Speaker 1: Most of us are allowing our energy to be directed by other people's thoughts, other people's comments, other people's belief systems and perceptions, including religion, whatever religion you were brought up with by the time you were seven years old, past lives, things that are passed down.
Speaker 4: To us genetically.
Speaker 1: And my channel has a really interesting take on genetics because according to my channel, and I have never known my channel to be wrong yet.
Speaker 4: Of all the private sessions I've done.
Speaker 1: Ever, my channel says that genetics is just an idea that we've all said, Okay, I'll buy into that that runs in the family.
Speaker 4: I'll accept that.
Speaker 1: But if we truly are the directors of our own energy, which we are, because nobody else is going to choose our thoughts for us, nobody else is going to choose how we want to feel or experience things, We're all at choice about those things, and that choice is your freedom.
Speaker 4: Or your Hell.
Speaker 2: Hey Men's sister he no, on set, she'd go, that's always when we know before they say and camera and and action, that last last be okay, I just have to switch gears, just like a little teeny weeny bit. So obviously, you know you had a I mean you have. I mean how many you and Barry were talking about it? One hundred and eighty three.
Speaker 4: No, two hundred. I just passed my two hundred movie.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 4: I don't know when that happened.
Speaker 2: No, but that's that's incredible. I mean, what do you out of all the films and TV shows that you've done, obviously, do you think people are know you most from ET or is that what the what's usually the you know?
Speaker 1: I think it's a toss up between e T and Kujo and the Howling Okay.
Speaker 4: If I go to Disneyland, for sure, it's et.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I go to a horror convention, it's all Kujo.
Speaker 3: In the Hawling.
Speaker 2: What's been your favorite project you've worked on to work on?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: No, what's the favorite like of those two hundred, What has been your favorite Kujo Kuja?
Speaker 4: Hands down?
Speaker 1: I just think I went as far as I could go, as honestly as I could get there. And in a project like that, that's not easy because you, by the very genre, you want to overdo and overact and over dramatize the the emotion instead of always going for the truth and allowing that to then blossom in the most real way that it can. I mean, obviously, I will always be indebted to the universe for bringing me et. I cannot tell you the number of stories that I have where that film has changed people lives.
Speaker 2: But you've also have nightmares of the E T Phone Home that people like me come up to you and say, E T Phone home. No you did not, Yes I did.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. Oh MG, oh MG, listeners MG.
Speaker 2: Don't walk up to d Wallins and say E T Phone home. Okay, take it from me. Not the right thing to do. I love you so much though, because you were an open book. I mean the second we started, the second we started talking about how many marriages we both had together, I mean that's I was like, this is my lady, I just what have you learned the most out out of love and your experiences with love and the relationships that you've had, Because you know me, I came and crying today in the trailer because I'm you know, what have you learned? What's the best piece of advice that you can I think the.
Speaker 4: Biggest thing.
Speaker 1: That screws this up in relationships is that we can taue you to look for the other person to define who we are, and we continue to let their needs and their feelings and their well belief systems instruct us as to what's okay with us. And I think if if everybody could go okay, I'm going to become the most complete, balanced, centered me that I can be, and then I'm going to attract someone who's complete and balanced, and then in both our completeness, we don't complete each other, but we create a complete relationship. I think that's the biggest challenge for all of us, especially women, because you know, God forbid we eat an apple and the snake comes. I mean, we've been inundated, right with the fact that we're second class citizens since the beginning of time.
Speaker 2: Have you seen any change in that though?
Speaker 4: Well? Sure, I mean, you know, piecemeal, piecemeal.
Speaker 1: The suffragettes got us the vote, and now we've got the hashtag me too moment, and I think more and more and more women are claiming they're right. I mean, you know what, thirty forty years ago, we didn't even have the right to go to college. What Yeah, most women, No, No, it wasn't accepted, wasn't accepted socially everybody. You were supposed to get married, have the babies, clean the house, and have the.
Speaker 4: Dinner ready at six o'clock.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that there's anything wrong or less for that life, but not to have the choice. See, when you take choice away from people, what.
Speaker 2: You're like see when yeah, she's rev up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you take choice away from people, you screw with consciousness. And then and consciousness doesn't just create itself. It's not something that's just there. You define your consciousness. You choose how conscious you want to be. And if somebody takes your choice away from you, which is everywhere in our world right now? That limits you from your self creation and that's not okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I I one hundred percent agree with you on that for sure. Where do you want to what would you want to do next? Like do what's your dream role? What's your Have you already done it? Are you kind of just loving where you're at where you're at now, or is there something that you haven't done yet that you want to do.
Speaker 1: I want to play a none that's really tormented and searching about her faith and what the truth is. I've always wanted to play that part. Don't ask me.
Speaker 4: Why I don't it. It's interesting.
Speaker 1: I kind of have faith running in and out through my family pattern. This kind of sums up my family. My older brother was a Methodist minister and he worked his way through seminary shooting pictures for Playboy. That's kind of sums up my entire family right there, Die echotomy. I have just commissioned an awesome script for my daughter, Gabrielle Stone and myself.
Speaker 2: Who By the way, Gabrielle Stone, her daughter, has a book out. It's fantastic. It's called Eat Prey hashtag FML and great story about her life and relationships. It's it's so great. So you guys definitely go check that out as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that. Of course, we're having a love moment. We are.
Speaker 1: But it's a road trip, a mother daughter road trip, and all kinds of weird things happen. You don't really know what's going on. I'm telling her, Yeah, go sleep with that guy. And I brought some coke. You've never tried it to have some, you know. And and little by little, by little, you find out that we're on a road trip to Portland for an assisted suicide because she's dying of cancer.
Speaker 4: Oh my heart.
Speaker 1: But it's a beautiful, wow, beautiful, poetic, funny, heart wrenching scripts.
Speaker 4: And so that's my that's my big goal. You know.
Speaker 1: We've we've really been focused for a few months now on springing her book and you know, making a success out of that. She also is a director and has an option on a best selling internet book called Spilled Milk.
Speaker 2: Oh Awesome, which is a true story.
Speaker 1: About a young woman who was sexually molested by her father for years and gave herself up for that to protect her other siblings. And in high school, her counselor talked her into bringing him to court and he was convicted and he gets out in two years.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so uh, we're really focused on financing and raising money for that both those projects now and getting those off the ground.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Well, I love it. And again, everyone go to imd Wallace dot com for an amazing read and to connect with her world, because I'm telling you, I've I've been blessed to have her entermind and I hope that she sticks around.
Speaker 4: Oh, because that's just the worst though.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like summer camp and then people leave upsets. And that's what I hate the most, is because you form that friendship and that heart connection that I don't I don't want to ever lose that. And well, it takes.
Speaker 4: It takes an effort, it takes, yes it does, and choice, but we've already made that, haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you thank you for coming on?
Speaker 4: I appreciate it, my great pleasure.
Speaker 2: Do we have an emails?
Speaker 3: Yes? We do. This one is from Katie Uh. She says she loves the show. First of all, thank you Katie Uh. She's twenty five years old. She was with a guy for two and a half years. They had two dogs. They lived together, made a lot of life changes together, but then he broke up with her about a year ago, and she was expecting they were going to live their life together. When he broke up with her, he said she was a hard person to love. There's a phrase she replays in her head over and over and over. It's become her mantra, and she says, in the year since he's broken up with her, she's made a lot of bad decisions. Her eating has changed, her mood has changed, and she started sleeping with him on and off, kind of as a crutch, and then finally in May of this year, she blocked him. Hasn't spoken to him since, but she wants some advice on how to get out of that funk and how to ignore or how to react to that phrase. What do you do when someone says you're hard to love?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I feel like that's not when someone says like, you're a hard person to love. I would just switch it and be like, well, what's maybe there's something for them that they're a hard person, Like they like they have their own projecting. It's yeah, it's projecting onto her. So it's like, don't don't take his stuff because so this kind of brings me to kind of what Michael and I struggle with. He'll be like, it's never good enough, and I was like, no, it is, but that's how you feel like it's not good enough because you have your own issues of not feeling good enough. So just because I'm like, I've said good job to this and this, but he's like, but but then you're not happy about this, and I'm like, but I am, but you're you're taking it in a difference. It's like, just because you have you feel because you struggle with not feeling good enough, you're projecting that onto me when I've never I haven't said anything that even doubted what just I loved that date? That was amazing. What do you mean it wasn't good enough just because I said, next time, let's go to the movies, or I would, hey, this was so much fun. Way maybe next date we should go to the movies. That'd be so much fun too, you know where it's like, that's not I was not like saying, And I get like the timing of things with that situation, but I also think it's also they're projecting their feelings on you. And you know not to. I don't want you to go to other to blame too. I think you should look into yourself. Okay, what are the parts that I should work on? What are the parts like? So for me, I'm like, okay, I can be a little passive aggressive, Okay, let's work on that, you know, and so how so I can be a little easier to love.
Speaker 3: And the important thing Katie to think about is that she says here like because I'm hard to love, I'm never going to have a family, I'm never going true.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, and don't and don't let that define you, because you are you and you know someone's gonna I mean, Lee Bryce wrote a damn song about it, and it's about you know, Sarah Bryce. It's like, yeah, so it's you know, it's don't make it easy. It's just such a good song and it's fine. And I just you know, don't let that define you and just know that you know you're you are who you are, but also work on yourself.
Speaker 3: It's good advice.
Speaker 2: Thanks Easton.
Speaker 3: Here's one uh. This is from Danielle.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: She loves listening to you and Mike on the podcast and following you on Instagram. That is your Instagram is great. I'm a big fan, been a big fan for a long time.
Speaker 2: I love you and everyone loved your dancing.
Speaker 3: On your Instagram, you talk about howmuch you love wine. What are some of your favorites. She says that after being pregnant, her chaste, her taste for it, she loved changed. She's always looking for new wines to try. So, what are some of your favorites.
Speaker 2: I'm a big cab girl. I love red wine, so I like Camus is my favorite, Camus Special Select. And then I like Honig anything from Orange Swift. I'm a huge fan of orn Swift, so abstract. And then I love I Love I can never know if it's how it's pronounced, but I think it's called papillon pep.
Speaker 3: Pep French for butterfly.
Speaker 2: Oh it's really good. Those are probably my favorite. And then a nice like middle of the middle of the road wine. It's called Saldo. It's like about like twenty bucks, real, real tasty.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 2: This wine called It's a blend, a red Schooner from the brother of Kmus.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Well, if you want to sip like Jana, and.
Speaker 2: If you want to drink some wine and wind down. We are coming to Michigan, Chicago, Maryland, Pennsylvania. In Chicago, I think I already said that, and we are coming Louisville. So we're going on tour. It's like a comedy session meets a therapy session meets me singing music. So you just go to Janacramer dot com and get tickets and we'll wind down and drink all this wine together. So let's read one more email. But before that, I want to talk to you about Clutter. So what if there is a way to store your valuables without breaking your back or your bank account. Well, now there is meat Clutter, the world's largest on demand storage provider, so there's no guesswork and no wasted space. Clutter helps you find out just how much storage you need. It's zero effort. Just schedule a pickup and Clutter will be there to pack and move your belongings to store in their secure facility. The best part is Clutter matches guaranteed prices, which means you get the lowest possible monthly storage rate. Clutter's online photo inventory means you never forget what's in storage, So schedule delivery date online and Clutter will get it to you in forty eight hours or less. You don't pay more for packing or delivery. It's all included and Clutter's low monthly rate. Again, it's been great for us, especially with our move, so Clutter has a great sign up bonus for our listeners. Get fifty dollars off your first month when you sign up at clutter dot com slash jana and for existing storage users, switch to Clutter for thirty percent off of your first monthly storage bill. That's on top of Clutter's no hassle moving, online inventory management, free pickup and delivery, and price match guarantee. See what clutter is better and get fifty dollars off your first month at clutter dot com slash Jana. That's clutter dot com slash Jana. Enter promo code Jana at checkout.
Speaker 3: So here's one last email before we wrap this bad boy up.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: This is from Brittany Britain. She would like Mike to be included on this, but maybe you know, sorry Brett, maybe maybe it's better without him. Free to talk about this, uh, she wants you to talk about your recent triggers and how you're overcoming them. Woof Yeah, too heavy of one to end the show on.
Speaker 2: But oh Easton, I want to and then a good note. We talked about heavy stuff today. Look, triggers are hard, Triggers are tough. We were going through right now. We're in a season where it's it's it's been really tough. But how do I deal with my triggers?
Speaker 3: Yes? How are you overcoming them?
Speaker 2: I think the healthiest way to deal with triggers to talk about him. What I've learned in the past is that I used to shove things down and not talk about it, and then it'll it would come out so sideways, so I would be like upset at him about a lampshade, but really I'm talking about the trigger that I felt two weeks ago that he had no idea about. So I think it's staying ahead of it and being like, hey, I'm triggered right now, and I just I feel sad and I feel lonely. And what the other person needs to do is meet you with empathy and grace and say I'm sorry you're feeling that way. What can I do for you? And just that's been the best thing for us because we've been able to really do that. But it's the days where we don't and we let we trigger, we let the triggers swallow, and it's bad because it does not come out in a beautiful light. So just try and stay ahead of it and be honest and be vulnerable. I know that's hard because I get it wrong all the time, but I think that's the best thing that you can do in a relationship when you have triggers come up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's hard to I mean, I think it's hard to think about that stuff when you're in it. So it's so important to remember these words for when you're experiencing that because that's a good way to get.
Speaker 2: Out of it. Yeah, for sure. All right, Well this has been fun. Hope you guys have had fun on set in my trailer in New Iberia, Louisiana. Talk to you next week. El mamamm mhm