Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it. We made it to a Thursday at hour one, Dan and the Dan A's Dan Patrick Show. Come on in stay a while. Kevin O'Connell, the NFL Coach of the Year, the Vikings head coach, will stop by a little bit later on. He was voted, I don't know how scientific this vote, was the second best looking coach in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yes, both, Well, you said that. I thought you're gonna say sexiest coach alive.
Speaker 2: No, well, second best sexiest coach alive. I don't know. Now I have an idea. Who is the best looking coach in the NFL? Todd, would you like to guess who is the best looking?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Once again, I don't know the results of this, but I know that Kevin O'Connell finished second as the best looking coach in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Could I get a minute to think about that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Marvin, how about you? Who's your coach?
Speaker 4: Matt Laflor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's the guy. I think that's a bloop bloop. Kevin O'Connell's not even the best looking coach in his own division, I think is what we're saying.
Speaker 5: Yes, where we put Sean mcvagh, would he be a top five?
Speaker 2: Sorry, you can put him in there. Yeah. I don't know how you get your beard like that where it doesn't get, you know, thicker, it's a you know Don Johnson used to do that with Miami Vice, where you were like, how does he get it to look like that every single day? Yes, Pauline, you get one of.
Speaker 3: Those beard trimmers and put on setting three and just do one lap around and it keeps it permanently as a four D eight growth.
Speaker 6: Hmmm, he's definitely got one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I could never do that anyway, it wouldn't look good. But I always was envious of those guys like Sean McVay. It feels like he wakes up with the five o'clock shadow and he looks good with it. But we'll talk to Kevin O'Connell. Heidi Gardner very talented actress. Saturday Night Live. She's been there I think six or seven years. She's also in what's the Harrison Ford Shrinking Shrinking at Jason Siegel, She's in that as well. Fiftieth anniversary if you haven't heard of Saturday Night Live coming up this weekend eight seven seven three d P Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP Show. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Pandora and Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Stata the Jay stat of the Jay. We love your.
Speaker 3: Stat of the Day Stata, the j Stanta the Jay.
Speaker 7: Oh damn, give us that stat of the day.
Speaker 2: All right, that's Pandora from Lake Tahoe and her husband said that he's going to send in a picture of Pandora. That's a great audience.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, Surprisingly she's not black.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we found that out as well. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. And our radio affiliates around the country over four hundred cities and carry this program, Play the day, Pole, question, stat of the Day, all of that coming up. The NBA at the All Star break and it's the Cavaliers and the Thunder. As the network executives go, oh my god, if it's the Cabs and the Thunder in the NBA Finals, what are we going to do? I'm going to watch But they played great basketball. The Lakers after the joy of Luca's debut against Utah. Then they go to you, you're not beating Utah at Utah.
Speaker 4: Mister.
Speaker 2: They got roughed up last night and so they're five hundred with Luca right now. Todd, you got poll questions today. You're fired up. By the way. This is a meet Thursday because we're off tomorrow. I wanted to spend the entire day with my wife from morning.
Speaker 6: Mister Love, Yes, doctor Love.
Speaker 2: I'm Kevin Love, that's me. But uh so we're off tomorrow to get started on a vacation week. The guys certainly earned it. We uh worked hard during the NFL season, very little time off. So we're going to take a Valentine's Day off and then next week off as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, quick question for you in the room on Valentine's Day? Is a nice dinner out enough or is a gift assumed included in the process.
Speaker 2: I think that really has to go with just the individual of you've got to I don't think there's a universal if you do this or you should should do that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I wouldn't subscribe to that. I would just say you probably know what you did before, or maybe you need to do a little more this year. Yes, Dodd, my watch says at.
Speaker 8: Least and I believe her that she does not want anything. And I mean she doesn't want anything, if you know what I mean. It's just Friday on the calendar. I don'tkay Valentine's Day. It's a man made, made up ben cute babies or not.
Speaker 2: Like a present. She just doesn't want your present.
Speaker 6: She doesn't want to unwrap.
Speaker 5: You like to go to bed at eight thirty and I'll see you tomorrow and we'll figure out what.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's a meet Thursday, So I said to Tyler, let's fire up the triggers. So we got smoked ribbis and we had these salt crusted, loaded baked potatoes. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 5: No body?
Speaker 2: Alrighty. This first hour brought to you by Keeper's hard new unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating the smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, try it. Please drink responsibly eight seven seven three DP. Show operator Tyler is sitting by to take your phone calls. Seaton, Oh, no, Todd your poll questions. Today, we'll start with I have here.
Speaker 8: If I only said four Nations and left off the face off part, would you know what sport I was talking about?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Possibly, no chance four Nations versus four nations face off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you're watching ESPN, then you know what is happening. And I watch ESPN usually around the horn part in the interruption, and I saw the promos there. I loved it. I thought it was wonderful. I thought there was true excitement for what is deemed their All Star weekend. I thought they did a great job. I thought it was fun. And I know we keep talking about this with the NBA, the United States versus everybody else, and the pushback I always get from an NBA anostar are there enough talented players from around the world to compete with the US team? And I said, well, you probably have five of the best seven players who weren't from the United States, so that's a good start. But you know you got that it meant something. Now, I don't know if it's going to mean something to Joker to be playing or Yannis. I mean, whoever whoever you want to put in there. Are they going to be? How excited? How important is this to them? But you know, with the Four Nations, I loved it. It was exciting. The uniform that Canada Jersey gorge awesome, look like it was out of the nineteen twenties, something that Montreal Canadians would have worn, but it was gorgeous. So watching that it was exciting. And I think anything that you're watching, you want to know why am I getting invested if you're not? Well, they were invested, and so was. I thought it was exciting, So I'm fine with it. I knew exactly what it was and it lived up. No, it exceeded expectations because they played hard.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 4: Ton?
Speaker 5: Okay, how about this one?
Speaker 4: How would you feel?
Speaker 8: This is Tristan Thompson had a late dunk in the Cavs Raptors game in Toronto and that kind of upset some of the Raptors players. So my question is, how would you feel of your opponent dunked on your team in the final seconds of a blowout win. Choices being I would be livid and might even getting that player's face.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't appreciate it very much.
Speaker 8: Hope to return the favor though down the road, shrug my shoulders and think to myself, was that really necessary?
Speaker 5: Or I wouldn't care at all? We lost? Move on.
Speaker 2: This is really really deep for a meaningless game against the Toronto Raptors.
Speaker 8: It's also after the super Bowl in mid February, and we could talk about Luca over one and one.
Speaker 5: They're two and one. They're two and three with Luca. They're three and four with Luca.
Speaker 2: If you dunked against the Raptors, did it really happen? Nobody cares the fact that it's Tristan Thompson. Then I'm gonna say, hey, good for him. Now he's still holding on for you know who's still in the NBA. I had no idea. I thought that this might have been his son. Taj Gibson had ten points in the Hornets win or a loss against the Magic. He is almost forty years of age. I thought that can't be the Taj Gibson that I remember, but it is. He is the oldest Hornet to record a double double since Robert Parrish in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 4: Whoa stead of.
Speaker 7: A day Stana day Statava day Stan outa day.
Speaker 2: This is the Stan of the day. Who were the oldest player. I know, we look at Lebron, but we got to take him off the board. But the oldest players in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Active players this year, Lebron James is the oldest. Taj Gibson at thirty eight. Second, Chris Paul, PJ. Tucker, still do it, Jeff Green, m Al Horford, Kyle Lowry, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: No, Taj is thirty nine years, two hundred and thirty three days. He's not thirty eight. Oh sorry, yeah, yeah, he's thirty nine going on forty years of a Taj Gibson. By the way, I know I focus on Joker when he gets his triple doubles. Russell Westbrook Junior, the third won an MVP because he averaged a triple double. We go back to Oscar Robertson back in what nineteen sixty two when he had a triple double, when we didn't even know it was a triple double. It was just he averaged double figures in three different categories and then somebody said that's a triple double. Well, everybody is putting up triple doubles. It feels like there have been one hundred triple doubles so far this season. That's the second time in the last twenty years there have been at least one hundred triple doubles prior to the All Star break. The only other season that had more was twenty twenty one to twenty twenty two, so hasn't been that long of a stretch in between. Here, Also, everybody gets thirty points. It feels like one hundred and twenty three different players have had a thirty point game so far this season. Only one other season in NBA history had more. That's the twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 7: Steat of the day, stat of the day, that past stat of the day, stat of the day?
Speaker 5: Here comes that what stat.
Speaker 8: Of the.
Speaker 2: And we suggested this last week. How about we have a triple dozen where you have to have at least twelve points, twelve rebounds, welve assists. Can we dress it up a little bit here, or we make it just like Joker does he gets a triple double in three quarters. That if you get it in three quarters, then we'll count it as a triple double. If you get it in four I mean the degree of difficulty of what's going on right now. I mean, there are incredible scores. I watched the Knicks in the Hawks last time. I wish they played once a week. Absolutely, it was great back and forth and the Knicks winning that game, although I would have thought up six with ten seconds to go in regulation. But Trey Young played well, Karl Anthony Towns played well, Brunson had a big night. It was a lot of fun. But the triple double is kind of losing its luster there.
Speaker 9: Yes, Marvin going back to the Knicks, can we apologize to Carl Anthony Towns. We've been calling him soft, as Jimmy Butler said he was soft.
Speaker 2: Who called it?
Speaker 9: I didn't call him soft, the general I'm not the general public. Everyone except Dan Patrick. Yes, I was calling him.
Speaker 2: I just said, he said he's the best shooting big men of all time, right he did. Yes he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 2: But he he's a perimeter big, he's a finesse big man.
Speaker 9: He's a tall man. Yeah, he's not a big man. Yes, excuse me. He changed the game, he gained.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So when you say things like that, then people that you invite criticism. But I mean, he had what forty four last night.
Speaker 10: Yes, Karl Anthony Town's statements about how he changed the game are the basketball equivalent of Tommy Shaw saying it was Zeppelin Stones sticks.
Speaker 6: What was wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Uh? So you're saying it should have been Zeppelin sticks, the sticks and stones right right, exactly exactly. So Tommy Shaw lead singer of Sticks, he was a guitar player player one of Dennis the Young was the lead singer. Yes, Jepeland Stones Sticks. I went to a Braves game with Tommy Shaw, of course.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the yeah Thomas, Yeah, big baseball fan, nice guy, but uh yeah, rando, But yeah, I ended up going to a baseball game, yes.
Speaker 3: Paul Karl Anthony Town. Though five years ago he was averaging twenty seven points and twelve rebounds, and then the last two years of Minnesota his rebounds dropped to eight point one eight point three, and he started getting the rep that we'd seen his best work and he's not battling hard by the boards. This year he's up to twenty five points per game, thirteen point five rebounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and those are great numbers, absolutely, But if you're that great, you should put up great numbers. If you tell me you're great. I expect you to put up great numbers. Carl Anthony Towns. Yeah, Cat, as they like to call on Cat. You know, when the timber Will made him expendable, nobody was crying out, Like when Luca was made expendable by the Dallas Mavericks. It wasn't one of those are you're giving up one of those generational But if this is the guy who's changed the game and the best shooting big man of old time, you would have thought there have been a lot of people interested in Karl Anthony Towns. Bunny had a big night last night, and the Knick's got the win prior to the All Star break? What else do you have there? You know what, Todd, let me take a break. We can do that. We're just getting started. Oh my goodness, I just found out from Todd there will be a Rhyme Time coming.
Speaker 8: Up, Valentine's Day edition of Rhymetime. Can you only had a good idea to when we make it a round of can.
Speaker 2: You give the audience just a sample because they're gonna have to plan their morning accordingly, we could do that, right, Okay, okay, just explain. Give us an example of rhyme time, just so people can say, you clear my calendar, Sally, I'm gonna be waiting for rhyme time.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna give you two words or phrases, and the answers for those clues rhyme with one another.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 8: So for example, we would have money a thing for her, quiet, money a thing for her, and that answer would.
Speaker 4: Be hush crush, hush crush, Good job, Seaton.
Speaker 2: See how easy how it is. That's it, that's nailed. That's how we rolled today.
Speaker 5: That have seventeen others on this.
Speaker 2: So we've got this show. Okay, just to let the audience know, this was a homework assignment that Paulie gave to Fritzie about thirty five minutes ago. And you've you came up with eighteen of the rhymetime ors.
Speaker 5: So now we're down to seventeen.
Speaker 2: All right, great, all right. When we come back, we'll go over the other pole question suggestions, phone calls are welcome. We'll talk about Travis Kelcey's comments on his podcast and read between the lines. We're back after this Dan Patrick's show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and to get We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media, that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll settle on a poll question. We have a lot of poll question suggestions from Time continue Todd.
Speaker 8: Which are you least excited about?
Speaker 12: Rich?
Speaker 5: Are you least excited about? NBA All Star Weekend? The Daytona five hundred?
Speaker 2: Now, why are we going negative?
Speaker 5: Alex? I'm just giving you a list. You got several choices, whether you like it or lump it.
Speaker 8: Alex Bregman from the Astros to the Red Sox, what's next for Aaron Rodgers, Travis Kelsey's decision or whether or not to retire. A daily update on the Lakers record since Luca joined the team? Which are you least excited about?
Speaker 2: I would say Alex Bregman from the Astros to the Red Sox because it feels like the last couple of months we've been waiting for him and Nolan Aeronato to end up with their new teams. So I would say I would start with Alex Bregman. Uh, the daily update on the Lakers record since Luca got there.
Speaker 5: I think they're one in one right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are Todd. Yeah, that five hundred.
Speaker 5: Since you're gonna be one in two or two and one after the next one.
Speaker 2: What's next for Aaron Rodgers Travis's decision. We'll talk about that coming up here, because he had some comments on his podcast with his brother Yes, Seaton.
Speaker 10: Uh, just so, I just want to make sure that I'm hearing this correctly. Did you guys just balk at Todd saying something negative?
Speaker 5: Say?
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: Why are we going negative?
Speaker 8: Hey? To to five hundred? We put auto racing people out all the time. What are you getting down on auto racing about it?
Speaker 10: No, it's it's just the idea of someone doing something negative on the show and being.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, wait a minute, why are we being negative? Well, we tend to do that with Todd. Heaskews negative at leat once a day, So that was my once a day todd skewing Nate.
Speaker 5: We have Dreeddy Hamlin on in twenty sixteen. What are you guys talking about it?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, But the Daytona five hundred is a standalone event. It's fantastic. We may not cover it and break it down lap by lap, but a great American event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would probably remove that. The other one seemed to be like, okay, although Travis Kelsey's decision on whether or not to retire, I well, okay, I'll play the comments he's on with his brother New Heights podcast, and I know he just launch the Super Bowl, but it certainly sounds like there's a whole lot more attached to this.
Speaker 13: As you see yourself or not feel yourself have the success that you once used to have.
Speaker 4: Man, it's a tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 13: And then on top of that, to not be there in the biggest moments knowing your team's counting on you. Man, that those are all extremely hard things to It's just a tough reality. I think I could play. It's just whether or not it's I'm motivated or it's the best decision for me as a as a as a man, as a human, as as a person to take on all that responsibility.
Speaker 2: And he talked about how he plays extra games, usually three extra games than anybody else because they're playing in the playoffs and then the Super Bowl. And you might be surprised to learn that he had ninety seven catches this year. Now, these are all short passes, so he was getting fifty one yards per game, so eight and a half yards per catch. He's moving the chains. In twenty twenty two, he had one hundred and ten catches. He averaged twelve point two yards per catch, seventy nine yards per game. Here's another thing to keep in mind. He gets a lot of targets. So his catch percentage is seventy three percent this year. It was seventy three percent two years ago. He's doing the job, but we see him doing the job, not at the level that we expect him to do the job. From the naked eye, you might look and go all he's still Travis Kelson. You can see a decline. I mean it's there to be seen. It's there to be seen if you want to see it, and sometimes player might not see it. Or is Patrick Mahomes going to say anything? Would Andy Reid say something? He's owed nineteen million dollars if they happened to let him go he retires. I think it's a two million dollar salary cap hit. Could they restructure contracts with Mahomes and Chris Jones to keep him? How important is it to keeping him because that's Patrick Mahomes's guy. Mahomes shows up every day. He's got that guy. All the stuff that Mahomes goes through, whether it's on the field off the field, he's got that guy. How important is he? Can you use him like the Patriots did Gronk later in his career, where basically it was just Dronk stay ready for the playoffs. But that sounded like, and I've always said this, if you start talking about retiring, then you're retiring or you should retire. But this is right after the Super Bowl that he's saying this. If you talk to him and your body adjusts to the time of the year, so he'll get to that point where it's like, this is when I normally work out, or this is where it's gonna be OTAs, this is where it's going to be training cap you get ready for that, your body's ready for that. That's when I think he's going to really realize, do I want to do this? Got a lot of money from his podcast, He's made a lot of money. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer by all accounts. He's in love. Maybe he doesn't want to wear and tear on his body anymore, but that's right now. But I wouldn't have been surprised. Now I know why he said, Hey, I'm going to play three more years prior to the super Bowl, Because if he says when the game is over, then I'll make that decision, then it becomes a little bit more about Travis Kelsey. I think he was trying to make this about the Kansas City Chiefs versus the Eagles, because everything that he does is magnified. What he wears when he goes to the game, is she going to be there? What comments? Does he go to one of her concerts? She goes to his game? So there's always going to be a storyline there, and I think he was trying to at least put off another storyline of his future. Do I think that he will retire?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: I do. You can hear it in his voice, and it's tough to get to that point where you're honest with yourself because he might say, man, I had ninety seven catches, Why would I retire? I got the best quarterback? Why would I do that? Well, what they go through to get ready for that next year, and at that age, at that position, even though you got a great coach and a great quarterback, you get to that point where you go there, there's other things that I want to do. He's going to have a broadcasting career. Mothership will probably try to bring him in and pair him with his brother. They got their podcast, and he's got a girlfriend. Yeah see, yeah, you know.
Speaker 10: It certainly is a far cry from the guy pre Super Bowl who was like, now I'm gonna be right here, baby, I'm playing you know that the way he does things. But right, ninety seven catches. But it is the second year in a row that he's under a thousand yards, So I'm sure that there's when he looks at those numbers. You can look at them and be like, no, that's still really good or not my level. You know, you can cut them either.
Speaker 2: Way you want.
Speaker 10: Those aren't bad numbers, right but for him, but he looks at them as like, that's not it. I'm four hundred yards off of what I should be.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I didn't see is any explosive plays. I think if you asked the Eagles privately, their defense wasn't worried about him because everything was going to be right in front of you. He's not going to beat you, he's not going to get behind you. But he's a still a clutch receiver, But do you want to spend nineteen million dollars on a clutch receiver? And this might be one of those moments with the Kansas City Chiefs where you've got to make some hard decisions this offseason. Patrick Mahomes may say to Andy Reid, who I thought had a bad Super Bowl with his play calling and lack of adjustments. He may say to Andy Reid in the front office, you got to help me a little bit here. The dink and dunk is fine. You know, we got a couple of good running backs, but I need something. Xavier Worthy is a fast kid, but I got to have some I gotta have some quality weapons here. And I don't know if you could say, hey, are we interested in Devonte Adams? Would you bring Tyreek Hill back? But you know, Mahomes has kind of suppressed this. I feel like because they're winning, he's not putting up great numbers. His numbers are, you know, a little better than average. Really during the regular season, we know what he is in the postseason. We can never take that away from him. But I think I think it was really difficult for them to be as good as they were record wise, when it felt like they had to scrape and scrap and it was down to every I mean, after a while, if you're a quarterback, you go, man. I'd like to have maybe a blowout here. Occasionally they're not blowing people out. They don't score like they used to, and I think that has to wear on Patrick Mahomes. It would me because if I got an offense genius as my head coach, let's go. I need some help here. I mean, Kareem Hunt, you got him, Isaiah Pajeco is a seventh round draft pick. Worthy you got and you trade it up for. But do you have I mean Hollywood Brown? He makes it work. But I think it's one of those where he is paddling his butt off underneath the water. It's like, look at that man, that swan is looking pretty yeah, and he's like yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 3: I'm really curious with Travis Kelcey and his marketing business team. Do they look at keep going to keep his brand out there or get out now when there's he must have truckloads of opportunities that he passes on. His brother probably left a year early because he couldn't pass on those level of post career jobs. I'm curious which way they lean, But.
Speaker 2: I don't think playing does anything to his brand. Probably helps, I don't think so, because he's not there's nothing about him that I mean, he's on the team, but you're not going, man, that guy's unbelievable. I mean, you don't. There are times when you don't even know he's playing or mentioned his name. Like his brand is really his podcast and Taylor Swift, that's that's his brand right now. But if you have deals out there, he's already made commercials that podcast. They I think it was one hundred million dollars that it was sold for. You got, you know, Taylor Swift. If you're want to commit to that relationship, I mean, he might be an old thirty five get banged up. You know, that's a lot of postseason games you're playing in. You know, like Lebron, Lebron's played a couple of seasons. So when we look at Lebron, add a couple more seasons to that because he's played a couple of regular you know, the total of postseason games is a couple of regular seasons he's played like twenty four years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauline, Lebron has played twenty two regular seasons and he played quite a few games. He's played two hundred and eighty seven playoff games. That's just less than three. Yeah, that's almost four seasons of basketball. And those are high minute games, higher minute games.
Speaker 2: Stat of the.
Speaker 7: Days day, stat of the day, stat of the day, here comes that, what stat of the day?
Speaker 2: Lebron's going to have over three hundred playoff games when it's all said and done, So three seasons of playoff games, three regular season games that you know he's done in the postseason. I mean, that's his numbers are mind boggling, though, when you consider to be playing at that kind of level at this age, with all the wear and tear on his body, and he took great pride in playing games.
Speaker 9: Yes, Martin, Now if they keep losing to the Jazz, well you don't beat Utah and Utah, Marvin sure don't. So you watch your mouth there, you want your mouth.
Speaker 2: Marketing's house, Hey, Lauri Martin, I know I thought Lauri Marketing was gonna end up with Golden State.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's a good player. He's a good player. But I probably would have rented if I was Lori Marketing, you know, because it feels like, hey, don't get too good man. We're trying to tank here. We want Cooper flag. What are you doing? He's a good player.
Speaker 3: Uh yes, if he was Larry Marketing and he was from America who had never been drafted.
Speaker 2: Though, that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Nick stauskis n i k. Yeah, it seems European.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he got drafted early, first round? Right? Was that Sacramento who took Nick Stauss Yeah? Yeah, obviously Michigan State, he's a sharp Michigan Oh, Michigan Okay, oops, Oh, Michigan State just lost to Indiana. Who and then Tom Izzo was set to I think surpassed Bob Knight for the Big Ten record for wins and Indiana beats Michigan State.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, and that Indiana job is going to be open, and.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. Yes, they're they're kicking Mike Woodson one of their own to the current call Bruce Pearl and double the salary guaranteed. No, Rick Patino, great, yeah, get Patino in there. Let's getting red, yeah and white and blue?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 2: Rob? And Argentina, Hi, Rob, Hey, Dan, how's it going? I'm good? How's Argentina today?
Speaker 12: Absolutely gorgeous? Eighty three degrees. I'm on the eleven floor of my apartment here overlooking what would be Central Park in New York. Just usually spectacular summer day.
Speaker 2: What do you do in Argentina?
Speaker 12: Listening to the Dan Patricks Show?
Speaker 2: Do you have a job? Ron?
Speaker 12: No, I'm robbed from q WES. Normally I'm down here for a couple of months for the for the winter, so it's just a place to be. I'm an Airbnb hobo anymore.
Speaker 2: It seems like, wait, but you left Key West to go to Argentina.
Speaker 12: I haven't lived in QS for about a year and a half. Now I've been on the road the whole time.
Speaker 2: Are you running from the law?
Speaker 12: I don't know yet. I didn't I didn't vote correctly, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. All right, What do you have for me?
Speaker 12: Two things? I was going to call for a best of the weekend, but hearing that year off, I had to call today, especially because your meal today in Argentina is my favorite meal called Ojo de bf with Papa fritters, and you need a cup of Vino Tinto's. That's a ribbi with French fries and a red wine. And my best the weekend was going to be this On Sunday, I get to go to the largest stadium in South America to see the River Plate play, and I'm in the fifth row and I've got Kingles and I'm having The weekend hasn't started yet, and so I wanted to make Seaton a little jealous. And if you've got to come to Argentina and you've got to go to see the Boca Juniors, that village and that stadium is incredible. You've never seen people so excited for a team.
Speaker 2: How many does it seat?
Speaker 12: Eighty five thousand?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have fun down there. Ron, Thanks for checking in, uh Luke and Charlotte. Hi, Luke, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dan, I like your idea about the World versus USA All Star Game, and so I kind of I mocked up a couple of rosters and it's definitely a tale of star power over depth. For the World, you'd really have all the all the stars, donc Shay gillg just after Siakam in there, Jannis and the Joker, and then you got Wenby and b coming off.
Speaker 2: The bench and Beads on playing. Yeah, I can't have him playing now. He's barely playing for the Sixers, let alone playing in the All Star Game. But okay, Wemby, that sounds great, too great, And.
Speaker 15: Then it kind of goes off. You get the Wagners, maybe Dylan Brooks, R. J. Barrett, and the US kind of go with the Olympic team, the classic Steph braun kd Anthony Davis Tatum, and then it's a lot more depth. You can get Anthony Edwards, Donovan Mitchell, d book at a bio, Jalen Brown. So I think I think it's a pretty good discussion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's top heavy for the world, but I'm trying to figure out, you know, the depth. Are the Wagners. Are they from Germany? Yes, they aren't from Yeah, well I know they were at Michigan, but I don't know if they were from Germany. Were they born in Germany? You have to be born in these places to be able to play.
Speaker 3: Do we get Canada, Yeah, Shay Gilgers, North America?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, Mormon and Beads not on the international team because he played for the US and the Olympics this past summer.
Speaker 2: But he's from Cameroon.
Speaker 4: He's American.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't want him anyway, So he he's not healthy enough. The Wagners are from Berlin, Germany. Okay, we'll take the Wagners.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a drop off after the top fives.
Speaker 2: Say, all right, have you seen Wagner play?
Speaker 4: They can play. He's a good player, they can play.
Speaker 2: What about Polo Buno?
Speaker 4: Man, he's from Lake Seattle.
Speaker 2: That is true. Yeah, yeah, that's right he is. Okay, we don't get it. It sounded it did? I think if you sound international, we should get you. Hollo Buno. All right, let me take a break. We'll get to more phone calls coming up. We have Play of the Day up next here, Dan Patrick Shaw.
Speaker 1: You are to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Oh my god, no Play of the day, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Play this is the play of the day.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Murray has it on the high left side, gets a slip pick from Jokich. Murray goes to the left hand, spin move with the dotal line jumper.
Speaker 14: Got it fifty five a career high. Jamal Murray and this Thing is album courtesy of Altitude Radio Network. Jamal Murray, We would get him for the World All Stars. By the way, he's from Canada. Jamal Murray goes for fifty five. Third player in Nugget's history to score fifty five or more. Nikola Jokic had fifty six earlier this season. David Thompson had seventy three in nineteen seventy eight. That was on the last day of the regular season as he was going for the scoring title versus George Girvin. That's your play of the day, brought to you by tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert at the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan Try the Tire Decision Guide, full lineup of Firestone tires, special offers, free road Hazzard Protection, mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com The way tire buying should be. Let's play the Travis Kelsey game.
Speaker 2: Would he? Will he retire? Should he retire? Todd, I'll start with you, Travis Kelcey, Will he retire? Should he retire?
Speaker 8: He should call it a career, But I think he's going to give it a go at least one more year.
Speaker 2: Night Seaton. No and no, no, he's not retiring. And no he shouldn't retire, Marvin.
Speaker 4: No, for both? Why not all?
Speaker 6: He should retire.
Speaker 3: The business opportunities are endless now much upside the football.
Speaker 6: Uh, he will not retire. He'll do one more year.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't want to say somebody should retire, but I think he will retire.
Speaker 6: Helps the game.
Speaker 2: I know you're right. I'm sorry. Okay, I'm sorry. I'm a conscientious objector there.
Speaker 3: If you're playing this game. And Okay, if Travis Kelsey called in and said, what's your opinion on it? Should I so he put it in your court.
Speaker 2: I would never tell somebody to retire or not retire. I there's too many athletes who I have met after the fact and then they retired either too early or they retired a year too late. And everybody says the same thing when it comes to you don't want to go out like that. What if you don't make the Super Bowl next year? You don't want to go out that way like you're chasing your tail. You go out when you think it's time to go out. Are you still enjoying it? Because if he says, look, I still want to go in there. I'd love being around the game and I want to do it one more year. But if you keep saying to yourself, well, you don't want to go out that way, that's not a good it's not a good barometer of keeping your uniform on. It's just non yeah yeah, time.
Speaker 8: And can you look at yourself in the mirror and say you're really able to give it your role and do it at a level that you're comfortable with associated with your name and whatever ego you may or may not have. Am I looking good out there enough where I belong out there, whether I want to play or not. If I don't have it quite anymore, I should step aside.
Speaker 2: Well, he's played in two hundred games. It's tied for twenty fifth all time among tight ends. Okay, it's a lot of games. First Ballot Hall of Famer among tight ends, Kelsey has eleven hundred eighty two receptions, Tony Gonzalez has thirteen fifty five. Jason Witten has twelve hundred and seventy three. Those are the only guys who have more reception. By the way, that's a sneaky number for Jason Witten, But Jason wits Witt in a Hall of Famer as well, and Tony Gonzalez of course the standard bearer with stats, but Travis Kelcey two hundred games if you combine the regular season in the postseason. Jason in Florida, Hi, Jason, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Hey, good morning boys, Good morning. With Miles Garrett winning out of Cleveland and they need some offensive help and they're probably going to draft the court, so I after a wide receiver. I've got a couple of controversial ones. I mean, you may not want to deal T Higginson a first rounder to Cleveland, so ital makes sense to vote teams maybe Tyreek Hill, but again getting a first rounder from that team. They need offense, so that's what I would be looking to do far with them.
Speaker 2: Well, if I'm Cleveland, and this was brought up by my friend who's an NFL scout and said, you know, if Cleveland would be a great place to go if you want to go, and you could win, because they won last year or the previous year with Joe Flacco, so they do have the talent to be a playoff team. But if you're a quarterback, if you're Aaron Rodgers, I know that we look at Cleveland and go that's no man's land. You don't want to go there. But if you know that they have that potential to be a playoff team because they were a playoff team, would you go there? If your Kirk Cousins, would you go there? If your Sam Darnold would you go there? Is Cleveland going to take a quarterback up top? I don't think they're that far away. I would hate to give up Miles Garrett. But if you're giving up Miles Garrett, I think you're basically saying, we're hitting the reset button here and we'll get some draft picks here. But if I'm trading Miles Garrett to a team, chances are that team is already really good and he puts you over the top. Therefore, the draft picks I'm getting are going to be at the end of the first round. It's not like you're trading, you know, to Tennessee where you know you're going to get a good draft pick. The Lions are drafting twenty eighth. Okay, can you get talent there, yes, but impact players you know you got a far better chance in the top ten. And I think that's that's the tricky part with the Browns. If you do trade him, here's a guy who wants to win. He's in his prime, and boy, if you could hold on to him for a couple of years, if you're that close. If not, then I'm gonna pull the band aid off. Kevin O'Connell, Viking's head coach. What are they doing with Sam Darnold? Will he tell us? I will try? Also Heidi Gardner, one of the stars of Saturday Night Live, the fiftieth anniversary show Johnnys a little bit later on as well One Hour in the Books on this Thursday, Two More to Go, Dan Patrick's show,