Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper VV.
Speaker 3: When you ready, You're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Tendy Pacific one Eastern. And it is Tuesday here on the show, and you know that means well, tonight is NXT. We've got a lot going on tonight, including a twenty five man over the Top rope Battle Royal to determine the next challenger for Trick Williams and his NXT title. We'll tell you about the full NXT show tonight, as well as the Wednesday a Dynamite show, which we now have five matches slash segments announced four. We have also got the raw report from last night where a few big things happen helth Academy split, although it's pretty clear to me there's more to come. True McIntyre has had enough, he quit. There will be more to come with that, and there will be certainly more to come with the return of Uncle Howdy and what they are calling the Wyatt six, not the number six sicks, the Wyatt six, which are different from the AW sikos. But nonetheless they destroyed apparently everybody. I think they murdered everyone, not quite entirely sure, but we'll say what happened on the Raw show last night. And of course there is all of the news. The g One is coming up. AW is putting a lot of their pay per views up on Triller if you want to go back in time and watch some famous AW pay per views of the past. T and A has hired a former WWE executive, so think TNA is sticking around for a while. But there are changes being made, cuts being made, other people being brought in. Got g One notes, We got update on Shooter, showed to Umino, and a lot more today, So a lot to get into and we will kick it off after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Do you hear that that's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know, I do, that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, car shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair billiness and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four seven roadside assistance, courtesy tolling, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield, get our best protection ever.
Speaker 3: Call now.
Speaker 4: You'll thank me later. Eight hundred four to two five two three one seven, eight hundred four to two five two three one seven. That's eight hundred four to two five twenty three seventeen. Has your heater or air conditioner busted, appliance broken, computer crashed, Then you need an ARW home warranty. Home system and appliance repairs and replacements can cost stress and cost you thousands of dollars per year. With an eight plus BBB rating and a top rated home warranted company on consumer Affairs and trust pilot, ERW Home provides superior service featuring the industry's lowest service coal fee. ARW Home has warranty plans that cover your kitchen and laundry appliances, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing systems, and much more. Plus s AYRW has partnered with Azurian to protect your new and used tablets, laptops, TVs, another home tech from accidental damage and wear and tear. All plans come with a thirty day money back guarantee eight hundred eighty six seven six ' nine one seven, eight hundred eighty six seven sixt nine one seven, eight hundred eight six seven six nine one seven. That's eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine seventeen. Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was sold. Dot com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who'll offer you cash for your home? Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a flat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true. Sold dot com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVVI on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back of the show. Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simber vv also Wrestling Observer dot Com got to be a disappointing day for a lot of people today.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 1: Because I know what the people want, but they're not gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Uh classic Brian Alvarez rant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they want me to be really mad about Uncle Howdie, angry even they want me to be mad about Drew McIntyre incensed, But I'm not. I'm not mad at either of them yet. Now let me let me make this abundantly clear. I have no hope whatsoever for the Wyatt six none. I fully expect it is going to be an utter disaster.
Speaker 3: But the mallet was at the mallet making an appearance hard.
Speaker 1: The mallet kind of saved it for me. When I saw the vintner with that mallet, I was like, all right, I'm gonna give this a chance. But here's the thing, everybody, here's the thing. They showed up at the end of the show and they murdered everybody.
Speaker 3: I think they shot Chad Gable in the temple.
Speaker 1: No it was I think it was uh stro Man, and he got shot in the head. He was on the ground. There was a big blood stain on the wall behind where he was at. That's pretty disgusting. But the point is like they showed up and they murdered everybody, So like, I can't be mad about that. Now, what's gonna happen next week? Well, I could get very angry then, but there's there's nothing yet. It was it was the first angle. It just happened. They showed up and they beat people up.
Speaker 3: How about there's a spree. What if there's murders every week? Will you be okay with it? Then?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. Here's why I'm actually gonna give it. I don't know if well, I'm gonna give it a chance. I always do believe it or not. So let's go back to Clash at the Castle. Okay, all right, Clash at the Castle is in Scotland. Yes, that's a long way away. Drumacattyre is wrestling for the world title against Damien Priest and they're doing a match and the referee takes a bump. Suddenly, see a punk just happens to be there in a rough shirt, runs down, goes to count the pin or whatever.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: When you think about it, it's ridiculous. When you think about it, the first thing you think is this guy went out of his way to buy a ticket to Scotland. He went on Amazon, bought a referee shirt. He just had a feeling the referee was gonna take a bump, and and so it's like it's it's it's stupid when you think about it that way. But they they apparently were aware of this because they they showed footage last night from Clash at the Castle. Sampunk was at the show, which you could ask why he's at the show, but you know he was at the show. He's he's one of the he's one of.
Speaker 3: The wrestlers promotional appearances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing something in Scotland. He's checking out luck Nest. So he's at the show and they show him watching the monitor. He's just watching the match, and uh, and I got to say, you know, and some people will get mad at me, but let's just all be honest with ourselves here, including Phil. His acting was appalling, and this is a guy who was actually done films. His acting was so bad. He's watching the screen, he's watching the match, and the referee take him ump and all a sudden, he goes and he comes up with a plan. Jessica, I need a rough shirt. Give me your shirts. I've been taking my shirt off. Here's another shirt. Okay, whatever gets his shirt. He runs down and he does whatever he does. Now, of course, the question is your plan was just to run down there and count it to and stop. He's just a troll, which is fine, that's his character. But the fact is they showed you. They explained it. They were like, he didn't fly there with a Reugh shirt expecting a referee bump. He was back there and he saw what was going on and he was like, man, this is my chance, and so and so off he went. Okay, So anyway, the point is they saw something that didn't make a lot of sense. They tried to make an explanation for it. So now we've got the Wyatt six. They just killed every buddy. So my question, my first question is as a viewer, is well did they kill Hunter? Because I know he was there. We saw him because Drew Mackettsire left. He was angry, so we know Paul was in Gorilla. Well, everyone in Gorilla appeared to be dead. So anyway, it's not the angle, It's like, what's the follow up to the angle? Is Chad Gable in the hospital? Is bron Strowman among the living? I don't know any of these. I don't know these answers, but hopefully they've got an explanation for this stuff. Hopefully they make it work. I don't want to see no hocus pocus, do not. But all we have seen so far is that six creeps showed up and killed some people backstage in a backstage attack, and apparently they carry a lot of dry ice with them. That's all I know so far, So how can I get mad about?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Just started? Then the other one. People are like, oh man, what a stupid Russo angle. Drew McIntyre quits because of the finish of the pay per view and he tells Paul he's brother.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stupid stuff in wrestling they get mad about. This ain't one of them. He wasn't mad because of the finish what was booked. That's Vince Russo bs. What he was mad about was that once again he got screwed by cmpunk and nobody did anything about it. They just let it happen. People were like, oh, well, he called him Paul brother. Do you watch the show. He's introduces Paul Leavek half the time. He doesn't like to be called hunter. It's you guys that want to call him hunter. He's supposed to be an executive. Now he's Paul Lavec. Half the people on the show call him Paul, that's not breaking the fourth wall. That's his name. So anyway, Hey, we'll see what happens. I know it's gonna happen. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But what's that.
Speaker 1: Well, Drew's gonna vanish for a while, Bunk's gonna have some opportunity, and Drew's gonna screw him get his revenge.
Speaker 3: Does it start on Friday? Where Punk shows up and whether he's cleared or not for real says he is, and then Drew.
Speaker 1: I feel it'll be too early, I feel, but I mean, they could do that, yeah, but I feel like that would be too early, like you just quit.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Bronson Reid was underneath all those bodies that were laid out, considering the two thirds of the Intercontinental title match gimmick deal for money in the bank or whatever that they got coming up next week, he was supposed to be a part of.
Speaker 1: So that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of Gable on this show, A lot of Gable focused on and I think that's a good thing. I like the direction that he has been taking. I like the idea of the Creeds at his side at some point, and you know, he's building into different directions and one of the best parts about him is nobody likes him, so that actually opens up some doors for him and the Creeds to face you know, both the judgment day if you wanted to, and then you know whoever it is somebody on the flip side of that, I.
Speaker 1: Also got to figure out what they're doing with old Uncle Howdy, because I presume he's Uncle Howdy. But I mean, if you watched the show last night, I mean they gave the guy the full bray white outfit. They gave him the full bray white dreadlocks, they gave him the full bray whitet lantern. He did the full blowout the lantern gimmick. I mean I was almost thinking, like, are we supposed to leave this bray white?
Speaker 3: No, it was weird. No, that's Uncle Howdy.
Speaker 1: I mean, well it is Uncle Howdy.
Speaker 3: What are they gonna reincarnate Bray I mean, really, do you really think that they're gonna.
Speaker 1: I don't think they'll call him bray Wyatt, But.
Speaker 3: Do you think they're gonna tread into anything where they're going to I don't know about that. I just think this is a extension of that story. If you want to use Ai down the line, if that's something the Rotundo slash Wyndham family wants to do down the line and reintroduce Spray Wyatt as a character that way, you know, great, I guess, but you know, from a wrestling point of view, we just got to kind of wait and see here, because again, how is this all of this spooky, all of this supernatural going to jive with the realities of the show. And is you know again they've brought back blood, they made sure to focus on backstage things. There's a lot of all of these real things that we're supposed to take out of pro wrestling after all of these years. And then we have this big swooping in again of the Wyatt six and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Tony here says, are we convinced Bo Dallas is cable of doing the heavy lifting required to make this one? Of course not? Of course not listen, I'll due respect. Let's look at who this crew is made up of, Bo Dallas, who never really got over, Dexter Loomis, who never really got over, Nicky Cross, who only got over is Nicky Cross, but then when they gave her the spooky gimmick, she never got over. We've got uh, what's his face? Joe Gacy never got over, and we got the Vintner who never really got over. Although I love the Vintnor, I mean, this is a tough hill to climb. This is a very difficult hill to climb. Back in the mom with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Elberz here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper VV also a Wrestling Observer dot Com. We'll talk more about raw later. But with the future of an all inclusive streaming service apparently some time away, w has made important parts of its history passed pay per views available for purchase on Triller. Announced on Tuesday, fans can now purchase past pay per views, either all la carte or by packs by complete year dating back to the companies says here, beginning in twenty eighteen, which is basically twenty eighteen, all in, all in, double or nothing, all out, full gear, fighter fest and fight for the fallen. It was in twenty eighteen. What what? I lost my mind here?
Speaker 3: I don't know what was the first one off pay per view.
Speaker 1: That must be a that must be a typo there, I don't know, but anyway, they got twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three. Hey listen, I'm all for the pay perviews and everything like that, but what I want is the TV. I want to go back and be able to do five years ago in aw or ten years ago at some point so we can see, you know, how things how things have changed, because we all have memories of how things have changed, but have they really changed the way that we have thought.
Speaker 3: My memory is I was right about all in being twenty eighteen. So that's what that is, that one pay per view, and I think that was with chats telling me I'm right. I'm taking that as a w.
Speaker 1: Well, if tell you it's chat's telling you're right, then.
Speaker 3: Well it's the twitch chat, not the YouTube chat.
Speaker 1: So TNA has also hired former ww executive Anthem Sports Entertainment announced Monday, Rob Kligman is the company's new chief revenue officer. When it's the company's new officer, He's been the WWE Vice President of Global Digital Integrated Sponsorship Sales from twenty fourteen to twenty twenty one. It's been the last three years VP of Marketing, Operations and Sales for g Force. He also worked for USA Today and Sports Illustrated. That's quite a resume. His responsibilities will include driving revenue, increasing sponsorship, developing strategic partnerships for both T and A and Invicta. So they're they're uh, you know, they're moving on. They're moving on. I had to get rid of some folks. You know, some people will quit right, they're moving on, seaking.
Speaker 3: Do you talked about this story yesterday? What do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? We didn't even have a show yesterday.
Speaker 3: I had a show yesterday because you didn't have a show yesterday.
Speaker 1: You had a show yesterday.
Speaker 3: Huh. I did no show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: By the way, folks, actually funny, you should mention that there is no Observer Live tomorrow. Okay, but at the exact same time that Observer Live normally airs, it will be Figure four daily with myself and Tom Lawler and Lance Storm. Whoa, we're doubling up everybody, Me and Tom and Lance for an hour. Can you take on the You can watch it live video dot fw online dot com. It's gonna be a lot of fun it is. We're gonna talk about. We got Lance to watch WWE Speed, the new tournament, the one that just aired. So me and Tom and Lance are gonna talk WWE Speed and in fact, if you want to join us, you could also watch the entire WWE Speed tournament in what I asked tomate to be twelve minutes, because it is a speed tournament. There's a I don't even know how many matches are, but not really it's it's it's uh, well, no, there's no way it's twelve. I think it's uh. Might just start with the semifinals. It might be quarterfinals, semifinals and finals.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 1: Now that seems too many. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: I love how people are like stubborn and you know they won't try something. I will not watch a three to five minute Really you should because it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, you have a lot of nerves that make fun of people's decisions all the time, especially when it comes to food, where you.
Speaker 1: I don't make fun of people's decisions. What are you talking about? Are you talking about pork chops?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 1: Nonsense? Nonsense? The pork chop thing is merely anyone who thinks that pork chops are the greatest meal. Four matches total, by the way, four matches, Oh, finals, semifinals. What's the fourth match? I guess I got okay, so it's it starts with the semifinals, then they do the finals and the winner gets a shot at Ricochet. I got four matches. Four matches. Yeah, do these these speed these speed tournaments are the best. The three minute matches. I mean it's just like boom boom boom, all action. It's a lot of fun. You get you can watch on the treadmill and be done with the entire tournament in twelve minutes. I very much enjoy the speed.
Speaker 3: Well, now you actually have something to judge it against two, because now we are in the BCAD era of rickochhet did Rickochet make that show? Did he make most of the speed tournament? Now we can find out what happens here in the future.
Speaker 1: Well this was this was pre recorded, everybody, and so the finals are Ricochet versus whoever wins his third speed tournament. And the match has taken place. I mean I could it does not like a spoilers, but just watching everybody crying out loud, Nuja Ban has shared details upcoming tournaments. They determine the final two spots in the G one. So the way it's gonna work is there's an A block and a B block. For the A block, it's Chase Owens versus Yoshi Hashi and Yu Juro versus Kellum Newman. These matches take place on June twenty second. The winners of those matches face is She and Kenta respectively, so is She and Kenta. They get buys and then this semi final winners will advance to the finals on July fifth. B block is Toro Yano and oleg Bolton, Kojima and TJP, and the winners of those two matches face Tanahashi and Taichi on July third. Semi final winners advance to the finals, and then the G One begins on July twentieth, wraps up on August eighteenth. No John Moxley in the G one tournament this year, despite him being the Iwgpavyweight Champion, unless he loses it at some point. But that is the That is the lineup. And they've also got they've got an update on old showto Umino. He's hurt, Yeah, he is. He has a strained says L forty five disc what how many got a lot of typos of late? He has a strained L forty five? Is he a snake? How many vertebrate does this guy have? Anyway, he's got a strained and also a hip fracture. That one sucks.
Speaker 3: So full of asher and a L five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, injured in a match with Rocky Romero, which was actually on the The AW Show. Doc Samson talked to him. Umino did walk out on his own with a fractured hip, so he get out of action there for a little while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sucks because much like MJF breaking his hip, and I mean to have hip injuries one thing. Obviously knees and elbows and things like that, they can come back and get you later on in life. But you know, hips for an athlete, especially for a pro wrestler, you know kind of important and well, hopefully everything works out okay and he's back, you know, fully healed and ready to go.
Speaker 1: Here, we've got a w and Reebok collaborating together for another set of sneakers. These for Brodie Lee have be released through Champs Sports both online and in stores. Purple and black motif model after the Dark order ninety dollars. So I think when the Young Bucks when their shoes came out, I think it was like three thousand of them. They sold out in about a week or so, so I presume these will go quickly as well. But passed away at forty one December twenty twenty. So if you want to get some some rare Brody Lee Reebok Classic leather leather, says here, I'll be able to check those out soon.
Speaker 3: No fake stuff, no filler. Here.
Speaker 1: Oscar a knee surgery right at the hospital, I hope.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: According to Oscar, the surgery, excluding preparation, lasted ninety minutes. She was discharged, wasn't able to walk on her own afterwards, she says she was. The doctor told me, well, sometimes depends on the surgery. Sometimes you walk out. Told me the surgery was a success. She says, mighty hurts, but I can take painkillers and I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Well, she well, if you do it responsibly, you can.
Speaker 1: Let's do it responsibly.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't at all.
Speaker 1: And we've got a bunch of ratings notes here. Clash of the Castle Go Home edition of SmackDown did quite frankly a terrible number, one point nine five nine million viewers at a point five two way down. It did go head to head with Game four of the NBA Finals, which did a two point eight two rating and nine point six million viewers, so it's like a really big number, but it's not as big as some of these, you know, NBA Final numbers have been, and they were both airing on Friday, probably didn't help, but not a good number. The Rampage Show actually did fine three hundred and thirty four thousand viewers and a point one two. There's the biggest number they've done in probably six weeks or so, and they were also going head to head with I guess actually was a it was a blowout, so by the time Rampage came on, people had perhaps given up on the game. And then Collision on Saturday did four hundred and thirty one thousand and a point thirteen, so also the best numbers that show has done in a while. And really they just had the Game four of the Stanley Cup Final, which actually a point eight six and eighteen to forty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, look, both of those series could have ended in those games they ended up not happening, and we ended up having you know, more games last night and tonight and everything, but both Dynamite and NXT, I'm very interested in seeing what numbers they do this week because for all the battles going back and forth and NXT trying to get you know, people are rooting for NXT, rooting against AEW. The fact of the matter is NXT dropped fifty thousand people too and did not beat AW in the eighteen to forty nine and I was surprised both shows were down as much as they were, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Backing them over with more Observer live.
Speaker 5: Pizzas here.
Speaker 6: Oh great, I love some, but I'm worried about my stomach issues. If you're worried about having diarrhea, gas, bloating, stomach pain, or loose oily stools, it may not just be stomach issues. It could be a condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or EPI. With EPI, the pancreas doesn't release enough enzymes to break down food, but EPI is manageable. Use the symptom checker on identify EPI dot com and talk to your doctor. That's IDENTIFYEPI dot Com sponsored by.
Speaker 7: ABV keep listening for a free virus protection offer. Protect your computer from crashing and online scams. According to National Research, one third of all computers are infected with some sort of computer malware. One third of you have been a victim of online fraud. Protect yourself now with my Computer Works. We're an eighteen year old US based company with a four point eight Google rating. We've helped your neighbors protect their computers for almost twenty years, and now you two can be protected for less than one dollar a day. Get your total PC home support right now. Call our US based specialist right now and learn about our free offer, and remember, if we can help you, our services cost you nothing, so call right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred three five two seven six one eight, eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight. That's eight hundred three five two seventy six eighteen. Can your IRA stand up to the next financial crisis? That our top economists are saying is that our doorsteps. By allocating a percentage of your IRA into physical gold and silver with a tax free rollover, you can and diversify in safeguard your holdings from turbulent markets and economic downturns by putting your IRA back on the gold standard. Find out how to safeguard your assets with a tax free rollover with a Genesis Gold IRA, the only IRA that can hold physical precious metals. Call now for your free gold and silver report. Protect your IRA today with one simple phone call and learn how to quantify for up to ten thousand dollars in free silver called Genesis Gold Group. Empowering faith driven Stewardship eight hundred two one one six thousand eight, eight hundred two one one six thousand eight, eight hundred two one one six thousand eight. That's eight hundred two one one six zero zero eight Life Hack number seven.
Speaker 5: Get an iPhone twelve one straight Talk Life. Here's how it works. You walk into Walmart, go to the electronics section as for iPhone twelve with five G in a dual camera system and selecting new Silver Unlimited plan. They'll smile because it's a good plan. You get real unlimited data all for just twenty dollars a month for the whole first year. Get it at Walmart or straight talk dot com straight Talk less dollars more cents. Taxes.
Speaker 8: Ife's applied requires activation of ilone twelve and a new silver unlimited Planner high end autopan room in twenty five dollars a month. Service created, applied up to twel month off eligibility requirement or met for network management practices, visit straight talk dot com.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Are the show Brian Alvarez Here, I sing Observer Live. So we got to NXT tonight at June eighteen, twenty twenty four. For those of you keeping track, Colonie Jordan defends the North American Title against Meechin Rock Sand and Lola Ice versus Lash Legend and Jakara Jackson versus j C. Jane and Jasmine Nicks in a three way. We will hear from Obafemi. Always a fun day when we get to hear from Oba Femi. And then we have the twenty five man Number one Contenders Battle Royal to decide Trick Williams next NXT Heavyweight Championship Challenger, which will open the NXT TV show on June eighteen, twenty twenty four. Got it?
Speaker 3: Got It?
Speaker 1: Multiple locker rooms involved, it says, So who could that be? Joe gotta be gotta be somebody from what he keeps saying, Joe Henry.
Speaker 3: Gotta be Joe Henry. Why because when the music hits, everybody's gonna know it's Joe Henry and he's gonna come out. He's gonna sing, and it's gonna be great. And I want Joe Henry to be there. Who is it going to be the music hits and out comes? Who Steve Macklin out comes Moose because he wants more titles. No, it's gotta be Joe Henry. Who else could it be? Brian?
Speaker 1: I mean, it could be an entire roster full of people.
Speaker 3: In fact, oh yeah, like who put your money on one? Have some confidence in somebody?
Speaker 1: Really, I don't know, it's possible.
Speaker 3: He runs in, dances his way in.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then we have got Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You'll leave WWE one more time through the crowd at the performance center.
Speaker 1: We have got MGF versus opening the show commercial free.
Speaker 3: I love it. I don't care what you say about it being on a pay per view, And yes, I would pay for it on a pay per view as well too. But in the situation they're in right now. Score a big, massive, crazy rating by having these two guys beat the hell out of each other for fifteen straight minutes. I'm all for this.
Speaker 1: By the way, you guys realize that Rush can't work this pay per view, right? Does everybody wear? That?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: That why he's not on there?
Speaker 1: That's why it's not in the pay per view? Perfect I've seen a lot online. Oh man, this MJF keeping him off the pay per view? Or first off, MJF ain't making these decisions, it's Tony. I'm sure MGF has a lot of influence, but you know Tony what that.
Speaker 3: Makes a decision?
Speaker 1: Show and Rush can't work for Bidden Door, so it's not an angle for another match at Forbidden Door. He can't work the show, so they're doing it here.
Speaker 3: Why this is so difficult for folks? Why do people think that m JF is such a political strategist backstage where he and Rush have the heat. You know, keep him off the pay per view, but I'll definitely face him on TV.
Speaker 1: Come on now and then we've got uh a title eliminator, Matt. Actually, we have a series of title eliminators. Sometimes you just stop talking at inopportune time. I'm saying, gotcha, I want to make some salmon today, but I gotta find out we have a glass anyway, put in the oven.
Speaker 3: All right? He actually like gonna soak it first and something.
Speaker 1: I got some ideas here, but we got to talk about this Wednesday, Dynamite the Young Bucks versus the Acclaimed in a title eliminator match, and also Okada will have a title eliminator match, but for reasons unknown, probably they haven't come up with anybody yet. We don't know who that's going to be with. We are still waiting Mark Briskow, Kyle O'Riley, Orange Cassidy, Dante Martin versus Roderickstran, Kyle Fletcher takesht and Zach Saber Junior in what is billed as a all star eight man banger.
Speaker 3: Mark Brisco better get to win here.
Speaker 1: And we've got Kyle Fletcher should beat him.
Speaker 3: If anybody wins, he already beat him one.
Speaker 1: I know, dude, again, brother, I don't like this. Actually, you can set up something else for you could have Orange pin Zach and then Zach beats him at the pay per view or whatever. But anyway, you've got Tony Storm, Minashirakawa. Actually, I don't think anybody of note is going to pin anybody of note in that match.
Speaker 3: So Dante Martin.
Speaker 1: I think we know why he's there. Be obvious here, Tony Storm, Minashirakawa will do a contract signing.
Speaker 3: Boobs Worl'll be thrust up against Sure.
Speaker 1: And Swerve, Strickland and Will Osprey will go face to face.
Speaker 3: What about the Learning Tree? Forgot about that one, didn't you?
Speaker 1: What's on the Learning Tree?
Speaker 3: The tree is facing Isaiah Cassidy and Mark When are they not? Oh? Really, I believe so I thought that was part of this.
Speaker 1: I don't see that on this lineup right here. That could be for and Smart, That could be for collision next week, Brother.
Speaker 3: Jesus, come on.
Speaker 1: The Learning Tree needs to be on every show. They must have more TV time. Yeah, who is in the tree? And Brian Keith, why do you have a problem with that match?
Speaker 3: Nothing but sad, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: That was horrible, Mike, that was horrible. Seth Rawlins returned on Raw. I did not miss his song one bit, but they sang it for a long time and essentially what happened is Damian Priest came out and said, you know what, I wanted to beat you for the title when I cashed in, because I wanted to say I beat Seth Rawlins for the World heavyweight title. And therefore he says, forget about all these ladders coming up, and these briefcases and all this other crap. I challenge you to a title match at the money to make pay per view. Set I said, wait a second, what are you trying to pull here for? He says nothing, and the judgment Day doesn't even know I'm out here. I uh, I just want to give you this shot, And so Seth accepts, and that's the match for money in the bank, so very clearly, I mean, you can watch the show, It's obvious. I mean, Price's we'd talk about this for months and months and months. When this split finally happens, Priests going top, Babyface, I mean, he's already the top, but so he's doing a lot of things without their consent, and this was one of them.
Speaker 3: Can I throw something by you?
Speaker 1: No, okay, yes you may, all right.
Speaker 3: Do you think it is possible possible that, if done right by the end of summer, if you wanted to, if the crowd decided to take it in this direction that Drew McIntyre couldn't be the most popular guy on the raw roster and Cem Punk be the most hated person on the raw roster.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that that was the way they were going when I watched the Clash of the Castle, but it was very clear on Monday that's not the way they're going.
Speaker 3: No. I know, I know Drew is.
Speaker 1: Still a heel and Punk is still a babyface.
Speaker 3: We have seen the fans take things in different directions before, and considering that Drew and Punk could both very easily on a dime switch in the other direction, you know, I'm curious about that the way things keep going, because you really have put Drew Matt can Tire in the ultimate really sympathy position here. And granted he's been a prick about the whole thing and there's always things you can throw against him here, but he's also put himself in a position where things maybe don't go well with Damien Priest on the baby Fay side. You could very easily see Drew McIntyre in that role, at least I could.
Speaker 1: We had uh Chad Gable versus brounz stroman glorified squash Stroman just killed this guy. And then afterwards Chad demanded Alpha Academy getting the ring. He blamed them for everything, and he ends up telling Maxina get out of here, slaps to Zawa. Otis hears it. Otis gets right in Chad's face, shoves him down hard, and then they all leave together, and later they pack their bags and Otis tells him we're done and they leave. Somehow Dave believed they were really done. I don't think they're really done.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: We add an explanation. Finn is talking to Damian Price. Damien priests, why did you why did you steal that that live hotel room key last week? And he says, I'm just trying to predict Dom. It's gone taken care of. It's in the trash, and Price says, well, you got the money to make qualify. What's gonna happen when you win that thing? Finn goes, I'm gonna cash it in and win the title from Cody all I will laugh, And then Dom says, and I quote is he five? I can't find my purple cow. Vest can't tell you how many times I've heard that from Honolai. I can't find my purple Calves daddy, and they Carlito says, I bet you left in lives room and he laughs, and they chew out Carlito saying that's not funny. They sent him out for his match. We had Eo, Keana and Zelina money the bank qualifier and Eo pins Keana gets the win. So second week in a Roweo has won match and then she gets really furious afterwards in the back. But that's smells because damage control lost.
Speaker 3: I guess they're setting up Zelena in Live Morgan. But I mean, I just I don't know why Keana James was like sacrifice there. I mean, it would have made more sense, I think to you know, you could have had a distraction there and have Zelena rolled up instead of what they did, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Then we had a long segment to set up Braun versus Seamus with Sammy on commentary and a Number one Contenders match which happened later. We had Shandon Zoe talking to alban Ala, which was pretty much exactly what we talked about on the pay per view review. This weekend story is and they brought this up. Shada says, you guys are the champs. Well, you know what, the ref didn't see it, but I tapped out jade and so we should be next in line for the titles. And then obviously on SmackDown, Jadeen and Uh Bianca gonna argue that, well, he never beat us, so we should be in line for the titles. Carlito versus Dragon Lee, everybody and their mother ran down jd Lee, Carlito hits the backstabber, pins Dragonly sad Day. We add Uh Caden and Katana beating Dakota and Kyrie. This is like a big win for Caden and Katana, but it was like a short nothing happened in match, and it was just like, what's the point they wanted a medio mad things need to change or she'll change it herself. Then we had bron Breaker and Seamus Say on commentary. So the match is like a lot of fun. They beat the heck out of each other, but then we have a stupid finish. Ludvig Kaiser just runs in attacks shams for the DQ and I'm a little bit steaming. I'm a little livid, steaming mad. Then they do this post match where they're brawling outside and Kaiser beats up Seamus and he puts Seamus's leg against the steps. He's gonna run around the ring and he's gonna drop kick the leg in his steps, like he's done several times. So Bron's already been, you know, he's halfway up the aisle. He's on his way in the back and so Kaiser puts a leg there and he starts running. And bron is on the ramp and he looks down and he sees this guy running. He can't help himself. It's like a track meet. So he starts sprinting and like Ludwig's already halfway around the ring, and Braun is not even close to the ring. But this dude, Braun, he sprints down the aisle, he sprints around the ring, and he sprints his way into a spear on Kaiser, cutting him off on the floor. I have no we watching that the second part of Who Killed WCW And they show all these shots of Goldberg spearing people and talking about how, you know, man Goldberg was hurting people left and right. I don't think Goldberg ever speared anybody as hard as Bronze Roman speared this poor guy sprinting. I mean, my God, he killed this guy.
Speaker 3: Kennis al state, maybe twenty five miles an hour.
Speaker 1: I think he was running about forty for this quick sprint. But then Braun shoved Sammy had a pull apart. I mean, this was amazing. And then we had a poor Dom runs in a live He wants to vest back. She says, you got to take it off me. He starts slowly unzipping it. That's right with all. Priest walks around the corner. What are you doing? So he runs off and Priest says, leave the guy alone. He wants nothing to do with you, and she says, he wants everything to do with me. At a segment where Carrying Cross challenges Woods or Kofe and they respond by the key to the challenge is Kofe keeps talking over Woods and he accepts the match. When Woods was gonna, Woods is mad, but he acts like everything is cool. And then jay Uso Finn Balor, Ray Mysterio three way money the bank qualifier. Jay Uso got the win when he pinned Finn Balor after Stroman ran down to beat up the judgment day and then that's when the lights went out and Uncle Howdy and his crew Beast creeps. It killed everybody murdered him. Then back in the moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Like the show, Brian Albarez here, Wrestling Observer, I got a conspiracy theory. All right, I don't believe it, but I just thought about it for a second. So we're talking to me. In the break, someone updated Chad Gables Wikipedia and enlisted his day of death as yesterday because he was murdered by Uncle Howdy and his crew. So he had a pay per view this weekend. Neil lost and then he got squashed by Bronze Stroman. He did, and then his group broke up and then he was murdered. Yeah that week What if he was lying last weekend when he said he resigned? Oh what if he is dead? Oh what if we never see him on WWE again?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I actually presume he has resigned.
Speaker 3: But actually he confirmed that he did.
Speaker 1: Well, I know he did, but he could have been lying, well, I guess so to get people thinking he's gonna win the title.
Speaker 3: Look, here's the interesting thing to me. Chad Gables talking about you can't walk out on family, you can't walk out on family. I have a feeling that he's gonna hold this against Otis and Maxine down the line as a reason bringing the Creeds. I needed some help. You walked away from your family and I was murdered. I got shot in the temple. But also braun Strowman being one of the people that was noticeably laid out there. I mean, he's got his history with the White family as well too, So I wonder where they're gonna go with all of this, all of the spooky, all these tricks.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, everybody, the fact of the matter is, he wasn't really murdered. He just got beat up and he was bloody backstage. You ever watched a Cody match? No, really, he was better off than Dustin Rhodes was on Rampage a couple of weeks ago. So at the end of the day, I think they'll all be fine for next week probably, But it was a violent beating and now I gotta go, But you know I'm gonna be back later on tonight Briana Vinie Show. I believe it's WWF Wrestling Challenge I think number seventeen. Oh yeah, you can check out the front page and it's gonna be a lot of fun. Granny will be there and plenty more. So that's that we're gonna wrap it up for day. We will see you after a while Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network Z